PDA

View Full Version : should the falcons trade schaub ?

georgiafan
03-05-2007, 07:30 AM
You hire this talk alot, but do you think the falcons should trade schaub or keep him ?

iloxygenil
03-05-2007, 09:33 AM
We have to trade him.

georgiafan
03-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Thats what i'm saying if we can get a 1st or early 2nd and a player I think we have to. We can not hang on to him forever and like it or not Vick isn't going anywhere because of his contract.

Shiver
03-05-2007, 09:51 AM
O-Line, D-Line, Defensive Backfield. All of those need a overhaul. With that in mind; the Falcons need all the picks they can get. Which is why I am a proponent of trading down. I am also in favor of trading Schaub if the right offer comes along.

georgiafan
03-05-2007, 09:53 AM
I read somwhere the viks might offer brad johnson and there 2nd round pick. True we have several major needs and need all the picks we can get.

Shiver
03-05-2007, 09:58 AM
I read somwhere the viks might offer brad johnson and there 2nd round pick. True we have several major needs and need all the picks we can get.

OLD. Brad Johnson is no longer on the Vikings team. Though I wouldn't mind a 2nd/player combination.

iloxygenil
03-05-2007, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't either...especially if it was a 2nd and Darren Sharper.

Shiver
03-05-2007, 11:49 AM
Do they have any extra Guards by any chance?

iloxygenil
03-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't think so. We need line help, but their O-Line isn't that great, and even with Hutch it's not spectacular.

georgiafan
03-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I could see cleveland makingthe trade, There coach must win this year or he will be fired. If they draft CJ or AD in the first. Then trade for schuab that would be alot better team on off. next year.

D-Rod
03-05-2007, 02:08 PM
I could see cleveland make the trade, There coach must win this year or he will probley be fired. If they drafr CJ or AD in there first and then trade for schuab that would be alot better team on off. next year.

That is looking possible.

They're fixing their Oline in FA, should draft an offensive weapon in the 1st, and then could use their 2nd round pick - or a trade down with us - to get Schaub, who would then have the protection and weapons to have a chance to succeed.

Also, don't count out the Texans. Apart from Quinn, no one else would suit Kubiak's scheme better than Schaub. If Quinn's already gone, the Texans might be interested. It does sound like Carr is a goner.