PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Draft Prospects

Mr. Goosemahn
02-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Who are your favorite draft prospects for the Steelers according to round? Think realistically, picking last in every round, and also think of a player's availability.

Here's my list for our first five picks:

Round 1
1. Victor Harris - CB/FS - Virginia Tech
2. Percy Harvin - WR - Florida
3. Tyson Jackson - DE - LSU
4. Hakeem Nicks - WR - North Carolina
5. Larry English - DE/OLB - Northern Illinois

Round 2
1. Duke Robinson - OG - Oklahoma
2. Eric Wood - C/OG - Louisville
3. Ron Brace - NT - Boston College
4. Andy Levitre - OG - Oregon
5. Evander Hood - DT/DE - Missouri

Round 3 (two picks in a span of no more than four picks)
1. Tyronne Green - OG - Auburn
2. Lawrence Sidbury, Jr. - DE/OLB - Richmond
3. Antoine Caldwell - C - Alabama
4. Jasper Brinkley - ILB - South Carolina
5. Fenuki Tupou - OT - Oregon

Round 4
1. Kyle Moore - DE - USC
2. Ramses Barden - WR - Cal Poly
3. Quinn Johnson - FB - LSU
4. Jason Watkins - OT - Florida
5. Herman Johnson - OG - LSU

DeathbyStat
02-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Who are your favorite draft prospects for the Steelers according to round? Think realistically, picking last in every round, and also think of a player's availability.

Here's my list for our first five picks:

Round 1
1. Victor Harris - CB/FS - Virginia Tech
2. Percy Harvin - WR - Florida
3. Tyson Jackson - DE - LSU
4. Hakeem Nicks - WR - North Carolina
5. Larry English - DE/OLB - Northern Illinois

Round 2
1. Duke Robinson - OG - Oklahoma
2. Eric Wood - C/OG - Louisville
3. Ron Brace - NT - Boston College
4. Andy Levitre - OG - Oregon
5. Evander Hood - DT/DE - Missouri

Round 3 (two picks in a span of no more than four picks)
1. Tyronne Green - OG - Auburn
2. Lawrence Sidbury, Jr. - DE/OLB - Richmond
3. Antoine Caldwell - C - Alabama
4. Jasper Brinkley - ILB - South Carolina
5. Fenuki Tupou - OT - Oregon

Round 4
1. Kyle Moore - DE - USC
2. Ramses Barden - WR - Cal Poly
3. Quinn Johnson - FB - LSU
4. Jason Watkins - OT - Florida
5. Herman Johnson - OG - LSU

Good list I'm hoping we can snag Harvin

CDub
02-04-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm not sure that either Harvin or Jackson will still be there at the end of the 1st. Harvin is getting a lot of hype for his speed and return abilities and with the packers switching to a 3-4 that's just one more team ahead of us looking for that type of DE.

AgentM
02-04-2009, 07:24 PM
No O-lineman grade out as a first for you? If that's the case I'm guessing we trade up or down to draft one after ignoring it last year. That said it's a quality list and I'd love to see Harris in a Steelers uni next year.

As for Harvin his speed and moves with the ball is sick but he's still a Gator WR and that scares me LOL

Mr. Goosemahn
02-04-2009, 07:48 PM
No O-lineman grade out as a first for you? If that's the case I'm guessing we trade up or down to draft one after ignoring it last year.

I'd love to trade up or down, and judging by how many picks we have this year (at least 9), I'd say it's more likely we trade up.

However, if we stay put, I simply don't see a guy that would be both a need and value pick (on the O-line). The top four tackles will be gone (Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher, Jason Smith) and I don't see either William Beatty or Eben Britton as great fits for our offense. And since we have more trouble with our guards than with our tackles, then I say we address the inside of the O-line first. The only tackle that I might consider taking would be Phil Loadholt and have him switch Colon to the inside.

Taking a guard would be too much of a reach, as would be Alex Mack. Therefore, we take a CB, which we'll desperately need if McFadden leaves, or a WR to further improve our offense. Then we get one or two O-line guys in the next three picks. If we go Harris, Wood, Sidbury, and Green, we cover most needs with good players. We replace both guards, get a quality CB that's a perfect fit for our scheme, and an OLB that gives us depth and allows Timmons to become the starter.

Then we only need DE depth, WR depth, and a MLB, and we've got five picks to find them.

SCSteeler
02-04-2009, 09:35 PM
any chance we could get Harris, Wood, and Brace in this draft?

Mr. Goosemahn
02-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Trading down from our first, yes, going Harris, Wood, Brace.

Otherwise...it might be hard.

THav916
02-05-2009, 07:06 AM
I'd love to trade up or down, and judging by how many picks we have this year (at least 9), I'd say it's more likely we trade up.

However, if we stay put, I simply don't see a guy that would be both a need and value pick (on the O-line). The top four tackles will be gone (Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher, Jason Smith) and I don't see either William Beatty or Eben Britton as great fits for our offense. And since we have more trouble with our guards than with our tackles, then I say we address the inside of the O-line first. The only tackle that I might consider taking would be Phil Loadholt and have him switch Colon to the inside.

Taking a guard would be too much of a reach, as would be Alex Mack. Therefore, we take a CB, which we'll desperately need if McFadden leaves, or a WR to further improve our offense. Then we get one or two O-line guys in the next three picks. If we go Harris, Wood, Sidbury, and Green, we cover most needs with good players. We replace both guards, get a quality CB that's a perfect fit for our scheme, and an OLB that gives us depth and allows Timmons to become the starter.

Then we only need DE depth, WR depth, and a MLB, and we've got five picks to find them.

Looks like I'm gonna have a lot of disagreements on here about Alex Mack being a great first round pick.

I especially don't understand how anyone can say something would be too much of a reach, as if you have any idea how the Steelers are ranking players. It actually reminds me of last year when I thought Sam Baker would be a solid first round choice...people complained it'd be too much of a reach...and then he was off the board long before we even selected. My point is you never know what's going to happen. I suppose I can live with people having their personal thoughts on who they like and don't like. But I like Alex Mack first round.

AgentM
02-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Looks like I'm gonna have a lot of disagreements on here about Alex Mack being a great first round pick.

I especially don't understand how anyone can say something would be too much of a reach, as if you have any idea how the Steelers are ranking players. It actually reminds me of last year when I thought Sam Baker would be a solid first round choice...people complained it'd be too much of a reach...and then he was off the board long before we even selected. My point is you never know what's going to happen. I suppose I can live with people having their personal thoughts on who they like and don't like. But I like Alex Mack first round.

You also don't know how much the rankings of all of these players will change after the combine. Or how other teams rate these players relative to how the Steelers rate them. But I guess trying to figure all of this out is part of the fun of mock drafts!

One of my favorite things about mock drafts (and the comments from others on them) is how much they change from December through April. What is ridiculed one day is praised a few weeks later. After the combine some of the guys that are currently thought of as 1st rounders will drop into the 2nd or worse and vice versa.

And I'm not saying that anyone here is jumping to conclusions or misevaluating anyone, its just how this works. I'm very appreciative of everyone here for putting their evaluations of players on here as it helps me round out opinions for myself :)

lance uppercut
02-05-2009, 09:11 AM
just a few names I could see for us:

Round 1:
Eben Britton OT
Alex Mack OC

Round 2 early (via trade-down or trade-up):
William Beatty OT (like him more than most)
Ziggy Hood DE

Round 2:
Ron Brace NT
Jamon Meredith OT/OG
Troy Kropog OT

Round 3:
Antoine Caldwell OC
Jarron Gilbert DE
Trevor Canfield OG
Tyronne Greene OG
Kyle Moore DE
Alex Magee DE

Round 4:
Chris Baker DE
Gerald Cadogan OT

Mr. Stiller
02-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Round 1: (No paticular order)

Percy Harvin
Phil Loadholt
Sean Smith
Hakeem Nicks
Larry English
DJ Moore
Alphonso Smith

Round 2:

Jarron Gilbert
Jonathon Luigs
Victor Harris
Ron Brace
Fili Moala

captainjack27
02-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Loadholt in the first for me...Harvin would be nice I guess...but I think we need a tackle so Colon can be effective again at the RG.

THav916
02-05-2009, 03:14 PM
You also don't know how much the rankings of all of these players will change after the combine. Or how other teams rate these players relative to how the Steelers rate them. But I guess trying to figure all of this out is part of the fun of mock drafts!

One of my favorite things about mock drafts (and the comments from others on them) is how much they change from December through April. What is ridiculed one day is praised a few weeks later. After the combine some of the guys that are currently thought of as 1st rounders will drop into the 2nd or worse and vice versa.

And I'm not saying that anyone here is jumping to conclusions or misevaluating anyone, its just how this works. I'm very appreciative of everyone here for putting their evaluations of players on here as it helps me round out opinions for myself :)

Not only how much different the mock drafts are from December to April but how different the actual draft is from people's mock drafts even right before the draft. No one ever knows exactly how it will pan out, which is why I try to stay away from saying someone will be a reach. I guess it's also why we can dream with hoping players fall to us, as I don't think any mock draft had Limas Sweed still available where we picked in round 2. In addition to player's stocks going up and down, it's really tough to get an accurate mock draft for the Steelers free agency roles around.

SteelCzar76
02-05-2009, 03:18 PM
As i said before in another thread a few weeks ago, i'm not in favor of drafting any o-lineman in the first. And as such, i'll stick with the players i called for then,....

Trade up for Rey Maualuga if he were to fall into a decent range, (though i know it's not likely at all) or,.. Percy Harvin.(Hines isn't getting any younger and Nate Washington is ridiculously inconsistent IMO. And the idea of having Harvin on the field with Holmes would present a great deal of mismatches for opposing defenses)

I could also live with Victor Harris, Evander Hood, or Fili Moala at 32.

mikehop05
02-06-2009, 02:27 PM
As i said before in another thread a few weeks ago, i'm not in favor of drafting any o-lineman in the first. And as such, i'll stick with the players i called for then,....

Trade up for Rey Maualuga if he were to fall into a decent range, (though i know it's not likely at all) or,.. Percy Harvin.(Hines isn't getting any younger and Nate Washington is ridiculously inconsistent IMO. And the idea of having Harvin on the field with Holmes would present a great deal of mismatches for opposing defenses)

I could also live with Victor Harris, Evander Hood, or Fili Moala at 32.

I'd take Hood at 32... not the others.

SteelCzar76
02-06-2009, 02:57 PM

Let's say the board is clear and we're still at 32,....you wouldn't take Harris over an overrated O-lineman ? (With maybe the exception of Duke Robinson),.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQwDW66yCY

mikehop05
02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
Let's say the board is clear and we're still at 32,....you wouldn't take Harris over an overrated O-lineman ? (With maybe the exception of Duke Robinson),.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCQwDW66yCY

sittin at 32 if it were between harris, duke.. id take harris

but if hood is there too id take him over the other two..

its still too early to tell, id like to wait til after the combine to make final assesments...

hood just seems like a steeler player to me

Mr. Stiller
02-06-2009, 03:26 PM

Of those 3 I'd take Fili Moala.

Harris doesn't have first round speed, or the ability to play man coverage. He also struggled a lot with pro-schemes in senior bowl week.

Evander hood is going to be a decent DT but I'm not really a fan of him in the 3-4.

mikehop05
02-06-2009, 03:44 PM

Harris doesn't have first round speed, or the ability to play man coverage. He also struggled a lot with pro-schemes in senior bowl week.

Evander hood is going to be a decent DT but I'm not really a fan of him in the 3-4.

hood reminds me of aaron smith... not the best physical skills but he is a great technician and always gives it everything hes got

SteelCzar76
02-07-2009, 01:32 PM

I like Fili a just bit more than Hood though i'am impressed with Hood's motor and ability to hold his gaps. I give the slight edge to Fili because of his height and wingspan. He also reminds me of Kimo with a little more explosiveness.

My only concern would be whether or not he (Fili) would be less "streaky" than he was at SC ?

As far as Harris,...i'm aware of his lack of top end speed, but the kid is a "football player" and even as a rookie would be an upgrade over William G and Townsend, and a better corner than McFadden within 2 seasons. He may struggle a bit in man coverage, but he has exceptional ball skills and we run mostly zone anyway. Think young Ronde Barber, with return skills.

SteelCzar76
02-07-2009, 01:45 PM
sittin at 32 if it were between harris, duke.. id take harris

but if hood is there too id take him over the other two..

its still too early to tell, id like to wait til after the combine to make final assesments...

hood just seems like a steeler player to me

I'm with you there man,.in terms of waiting until after the combine to issue "final grades". I just like brainstorming so to speak,..especially considering how late in the first we're selecting.(Almost as if it's a high 2nd round pick)

SCSteeler
02-07-2009, 08:44 PM
i won't even try a mock, I don't know how you guys do it? I'm in awe of it all, I just know the players I really want to see in BlackandGold next year and they are:

Ron Brace
Macho Harris
Eric Wood

...each seem to have the toughness and nastiness to make it in this league, and would be able to help out immediately!

steelersfan43
02-07-2009, 09:04 PM
I want percy, but ya that gators wr thing is kinda scary.

Mr. Stiller
02-08-2009, 10:48 PM
I want percy, but ya that gators wr thing is kinda scary.

Percy isn't a WR.

He's a weapon.

HellonEarth84
02-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Steelers are set at QB, RB, WR, S, NT, TE

Team Needs: OT, OG, OC, DE, possibly LB and CB in the later rounds.

Fenuki Tupou - Run Blocking OT. Huge guy. Could be what the Steelers need for goal line situations.

Chris Baker - NT/DE - Rotational guy, could possibly start in a couple years. Experienced in the 3-4. Insurance for Hampton, and could also give the big guy some much needed time to breathe on the bench.

Cody Brown - OLB - Harrison is 30 years old. Take a shot on Brown in round 3 if he's still around, let him sit and learn for a couple years, and could eventually be a starter opposite of Woodley.

mikehop05
02-09-2009, 02:48 AM

Fenuki Tupou - Run Blocking OT. Huge guy. Could be what the Steelers need for goal line situations.

Chris Baker - NT/DE - Rotational guy, could possibly start in a couple years. Experienced in the 3-4. Insurance for Hampton, and could also give the big guy some much needed time to breathe on the bench.

Cody Brown - OLB - Harrison is 30 years old. Take a shot on Brown in round 3 if he's still around, let him sit and learn for a couple years, and could eventually be a starter opposite of Woodley.

apparently Bruce Davis is really coming along and will be harrisons replacement

Mr. Stiller
02-09-2009, 06:55 AM

Set at WR/NT?

Hampton is still one of the better NT's but he's aging and he's not as dominant. Chris Hoke is solid as a rotational DE/NT... But It's certainly a place to look up. I don't think Baker is a NT because he's better set as a 3-tech.

WR We may lose Nate Washington and we're only 4 deep at WR as it is.

Right now we have:

Santonio Holmes
Hines Ward
Nate Washington - Free Agent, could leave
Limas Sweed - Unproven
Martin Nance - Unproven Practice Squad.

if a guy like Harvin is at 32, I'm running the card to the podium.

THav916
02-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Set at WR/NT?

Hampton is still one of the better NT's but he's aging and he's not as dominant. Chris Hoke is solid as a rotational DE/NT... But It's certainly a place to look up. I don't think Baker is a NT because he's better set as a 3-tech.

Right now we have:

Santonio Holmes
Hines Ward
Limas Sweed - Unproven

Out of curiosity, IF we resign Nate, do you still 'run the card to the podium' with Percy's name on it?

In either scenario, let's assume Harvin is gone, who do you turn to next?

Hines
02-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Set at WR/NT?

Right now we have:

Santonio Holmes
Hines Ward
Limas Sweed - Unproven

I would rather have DHB at 32 over Harvin. That is JMO though.

Mr. Stiller
02-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I would rather have DHB at 32 over Harvin. That is JMO though.

Why?

Holmes and Sweed are a great pair of 1/2's

I think I'd have Sweed at the 1, Holmes at the 2.

DHB is a 2 with 1 potential?

Why not get a slot receiver? DHB is not a punt returner either.

Mr. Stiller
02-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Out of curiosity, IF we resign Nate, do you still 'run the card to the podium' with Percy's name on it?

In either scenario, let's assume Harvin is gone, who do you turn to next?

If Washington comes back? no. I'd still be tempted.

If Harvin is gone?

Loadholt, Sean Smith, DJ Moore, Aaron Maybin, Trade down for a 2+3, Jarron Gilbert.

No paticular order.

THav916
02-09-2009, 07:04 PM
If Washington comes back? no. I'd still be tempted.

If Harvin is gone?

Loadholt, Sean Smith, DJ Moore, Aaron Maybin, Trade down for a 2+3, Jarron Gilbert.

No paticular order.

Fair enough. What we do in March will certainly dictate April's draft.

I love Harvin, but I don't love him as much for the Steelers and just think we need other positions more. But I won't complain about Harvin because I think he'll be gone anyway, and if he is there at 32 he's definitely fallen and talented.

THav916
02-09-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm holding out hope that we resign Max, BMac and Nate. With that in mind my group of first round targets are all found on either side of the line. I'll throw in the fact that I never mind going with best player available and maybe I'll think harder who I'd like to fall, but it's always tough to project who 'should go 17th but might fall to 32nd' than it is including guys mostly slotted between 25 and 40. It's another reason I hope this board doesn't turn into a Percy Harvin debate because there's a good chance he won't even be available. Anyway, my targets are...

Alex Mack-My #1 choice
Max Unger-My #2 choice-I just think Mack and Unger are too solid and too perfect of what we need to pass if available.

Phil Loadholt-Top reasonable RT

The following four DE's are mentioned anywhere from about 15th to 80th, but I could see a guy like Gilbert rising just as much as I could see a guy like Jackson falling, so I'm just kinda putting them all into a group. If a guy like Hood ends up not looking like a 3-4 DE then I'd of course drop him from the list. But for now, these are the four.

Tyson Jackson
Ziggy Hood
Fili Moala
Jarron Gilbert

Ron Brace-Pure NT would also be an option

Pitt
02-14-2009, 02:49 PM
1. Alex Mack C California
2. Max Unger OL Oregon
3. Tyson Jackson DE LSU
4. Eben Britton OT Arizona
5. Duke Robinson G Oklahoma
6. William Beatty OT Connecticut

I'd be happy with any of those 6 at #32, specifically Max Unger, who if you remember was in the 20's of all the mocks last year..so it's not like value isn't there. Same with Duke Robinson. This is one draft where our needs won't have to be a reach pick. All these guys are BPA material.

Mr. Stiller
02-14-2009, 04:15 PM
2. Max Unger OL Oregon
3. Tyson Jackson DE LSU

I'd be happy with any of those 6 at #32, specifically Max Unger, who if you remember was in the 20's of all the mocks last year..so it's not like value isn't there. Same with Duke Robinson. This is one draft where our needs won't have to be a reach pick. All these guys are BPA material.

Ugh..

of those I'd eventually get over taking Mack.

Unger is a jack of all trades, great of none. Sure he'd be solid, but he's not going to be "All-world" which is not worth a first as an interior lineman. Especially with Levitre/Wood avail later.

Tyson Jackson is terrible. How is he supposed to hold up as a 3-4 DE when he doesn't do **** 1 on 1 against a RT in a 4-3? You've complained about Gilbert in one who was much more productive, actually faced double teams, and actually has upside. Jackson, if anyones lucky, could be someday nearly as good as marcus spears.. but he's not near the run stopper that Spears is.

Eben Britton sure dropped quick.. supposed 5-10 pick, declares, everyone realizes how flawed he is and he's not a solid run blocker and he's more of a finesse RT. Where does he fit? The Coaching staff chooses to use Starks and Colon. A first round on a backup RT?

Ugh Duke Robinson. The definition of terrible. He's fat, overweight, terrible technique. The dude has twice been destroyed for huge national games. He hasn't improved. He's not a fit for the scheme either. Round 3? I'd think about it.

William Beatty is 2 years away from having the strength to be a starting LT with Run blocking abilities. He'd be great in the first round to play as the 3rd TE.

Pitt
02-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Ugh..

of those I'd eventually get over taking Mack.

Unger is a jack of all trades, great of none. Sure he'd be solid, but he's not going to be "All-world" which is not worth a first as an interior lineman. Especially with Levitre/Wood avail later.

Tyson Jackson is terrible. How is he supposed to hold up as a 3-4 DE when he doesn't do **** 1 on 1 against a RT in a 4-3? You've complained about Gilbert in one who was much more productive, actually faced double teams, and actually has upside. Jackson, if anyones lucky, could be someday nearly as good as marcus spears.. but he's not near the run stopper that Spears is.

Eben Britton sure dropped quick.. supposed 5-10 pick, declares, everyone realizes how flawed he is and he's not a solid run blocker and he's more of a finesse RT. Where does he fit? The Coaching staff chooses to use Starks and Colon. A first round on a backup RT?

Ugh Duke Robinson. The definition of terrible. He's fat, overweight, terrible technique. The dude has twice been destroyed for huge national games. He hasn't improved. He's not a fit for the scheme either. Round 3? I'd think about it.

William Beatty is 2 years away from having the strength to be a starting LT with Run blocking abilities. He'd be great in the first round to play as the 3rd TE.

lol you bash Duke Robinson for getting destroyed, but draft Phil Loadholt in your mock after being dominated over and over again in the Senior Bowl, specifically in the endzone letting up a safety sack for a Touchdown in a matter of 2 seconds.

You trade away our first round pick (only round we've had success in lately) for more picks to compete with the contracts of 2010 in Ward, Harrison, Miller, Hampton, Keisel, Reed, Clark, etc. If trading, it would be up to get our guy (see Polamalu, Holmes). Poor insight here.

Max Unger's versatility could allow the Steelers to move Offensive Lineman around for a better fit and utilize later draft picks in other areas. Just a thought. :) This guy would be around for years. That's definitely not what we want on this OL. :rolleyes:

So you expect Tyson Jackson to rush the passer and collect sacks in the 3-4, is that what you're saying? lol I'll just shake my head on this one.

Only part of your post that made sense is Britton. I'll take it into account next time.

Strongside
02-14-2009, 05:33 PM
(only round we've had success in lately)

wat. I'm pretty sure Woodley, Spaeth, ***, Sepulveda before his injury were pretty successful. The change from college to NFL doesn't happen instantaneously very often, and especially not in 2-7 rounds.

I agree with you about Duke and Unger both being pretty good choices in the first round, I think Stiller is totally right about Jackson. Where did he say anything about Tyson collecting sacks? He's saying he's not strong enough to play in our 3-4, which is right.

THav916
02-15-2009, 09:56 PM
2. Max Unger OL Oregon
3. Tyson Jackson DE LSU

Good list dude. I always get a kick outta people completely bashing a mock draft on here like they're a professional scout. Real life GM's have trouble analyzing players let alone people here on the message board. Mack and Unger are also my two top targets. Not a big fan of Duke Robinson and not sure what to think of the others, but I completely agree with the list in terms of six reasonable candidates at positions of need that we'll be in the market for.

Mr. Stiller
02-16-2009, 07:58 PM
lol you bash Duke Robinson for getting destroyed, but draft Phil Loadholt in your mock after being dominated over and over again in the Senior Bowl, specifically in the endzone letting up a safety sack for a Touchdown in a matter of 2 seconds.

You trade away our first round pick (only round we've had success in lately) for more picks to compete with the contracts of 2010 in Ward, Harrison, Miller, Hampton, Keisel, Reed, Clark, etc. If trading, it would be up to get our guy (see Polamalu, Holmes). Poor insight here.

Max Unger's versatility could allow the Steelers to move Offensive Lineman around for a better fit and utilize later draft picks in other areas. Just a thought. :) This guy would be around for years. That's definitely not what we want on this OL. :rolleyes:

So you expect Tyson Jackson to rush the passer and collect sacks in the 3-4, is that what you're saying? lol I'll just shake my head on this one.

Only part of your post that made sense is Britton. I'll take it into account next time.

So, because we draft well in round 1 we shouldn't trade down and add multiple guys in a deep draft at the top?

Unger could let them move guys around, and he's not as good as Wood/Mack. He'll be decent at any position, but, not great, and I'll pass with that.

As for Jackson... sacks are a plus... but I expect a guy thats going to play in a 2-gap scheme be able to not get dominated by 1 OT.

Loadholt actually looked in shape, and has a lot more potential. Duke Robinson is downright terrible.

THav916
02-16-2009, 08:50 PM
So, because we draft well in round 1 we shouldn't trade down and add multiple guys in a deep draft at the top?

Unger could let them move guys around, and he's not as good as Wood/Mack. He'll be decent at any position, but, not great, and I'll pass with that.

As for Jackson... sacks are a plus... but I expect a guy thats going to play in a 2-gap scheme be able to not get dominated by 1 OT.

Loadholt actually looked in shape, and has a lot more potential. Duke Robinson is downright terrible.

Dude, I agree a lot, but why should anyone else even bother postingon here? You act like there's only one answer to everything. I took a look back at recent years and noticed you thought LaMarr Woodley was horrible and we'd be better off passing on him and drafting a guy like Tim Shaw late. Last year you said no way Matt Forte was worth a 1st round pick. I don't even care but just sayin I think you should tone it down with your spectacular analysis.

Palmer26
02-19-2009, 04:30 AM
1st round:
1. DE Jarron Gilbert (San Jose St)
2. C Alex Mack (Cal)
3. CB Sean Smith (Utah)

2nd round:
1. OG Kraig Urbik
2. OT Phil Loadholt (Oklahoma)
3. CB Victor Harris (Va Tech)
4. NT Ron Brace (Boston College)

3rd round:
1. S David Bruton
2. OG Herman Johnson
3. C Eric Wood

Needless to say, you can see the positions I want addressed early: O-line, D-line CB.

savedbygrace89
02-28-2009, 06:39 AM
No O-lineman grade out as a first for you? If that's the case I'm guessing we trade up or down to draft one after ignoring it last year. That said it's a quality list and I'd love to see Harris in a Steelers uni next year.

As for Harvin his speed and moves with the ball is sick but he's still a Gator WR and that scares me LOL

I dont want a Gator reciever unless he has been in the league for 4 or so years and has proven himself. Gator recievers are kind of like the Ohio State Buckeyes, you never know when they might show up to play in big games