PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

JRTPlaya21
04-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey Joey, you mentioned BFE places a few pages back. What does that stand for?

Goober Man
04-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Big recruiting weekend for Michigan this weekend. Not going o predict any commits or anything but hopefully weccan land somebody. Should be fun to monitor along with the spring game

Who ended up being able to make it up for the Spring Game?

ironman4579
04-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey Joey, you mentioned BFE places a few pages back. What does that stand for?

I'm fairly sure he meant Bum Hump Egypt, only sub hump for a word that starts with F.

Newbs24
04-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Who ended up being able to make it up for the Spring Game?

So far this week:
Torrian Wilson
CJ OLyanian
Duante Carr
Marvin Robinson
Ricrado Miller
Jeremy Jackson
Austin White
Stephen Hopkins

Still planned on:
Devin Gardner
William Gholston
Robert Bolden
Nick Hill
Daniel Easterly
Alex Welch
Derrick Bryant
Jon Hankins
Jewone Snow
Ishmael Thomas
LaTwan Anderson
Mylan Hicks
Dior Mathis

2009 kids in:
Denard Robinson who was showing off some arm strength
Justin Turner
Isaiah Bell
Brendan Gibbons

Jason Frorcier and his father are also there. Chris Forcier, just got a release from UCLA, was going to come but got sick and didn't make the trip.

Hopefully all the guys make it in and hopefully there a few surprise visitors

Goober Man
04-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Thats a pretty good looking list. I'd like to see Derrick Bryant commit...I also have a feeling Stephen Hopkins is going to commit at the Spring game to.

Newbs24
04-11-2009, 09:55 AM
Already some rumbling on GBW. No clue who, but should not be too long before we hear a name.

Sounds like Stephen Hopkins is the commit. Waiting for a confirmation. Legit. Nice way to start the day.

Goober Man
04-11-2009, 03:48 PM
TX RB Stephen Hopkins Offically verabls to Michigan

Don't know much about him and haven't seen much film on him etheir.

FatJJ44
04-13-2009, 02:51 AM
http://michigan.scout.com/2/855938.html
Miami Northwestern OL just named Michigan his leader. I doubt he'll ever go there but it seems like they have a chance. This year's Marcus Hall

JoeyJr09
04-13-2009, 06:29 AM
http://michigan.scout.com/2/855938.html
Miami Northwestern OL just named Michigan his leader. I doubt he'll ever go there but it seems like they have a chance. This year's Marcus Hall

I think Michaelee Harris has a better chance of having a Marcus Hall like recruitment then Torrian Wilson does. Michaelee is at least open to the idea of other schools. From what I understand, Wilson is just doing lip service to everyone. He isn't expected to pick anywhere but Miami. Michigan would be 2nd on his list tho. Been saying that for a long time.

DoWnThEfiElD
04-13-2009, 12:45 PM
If we ain't first were last...

Sniper
04-13-2009, 09:18 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/badgers.html

WI LB Konrad Zagzebski decommits from Minnesota and verbals to Wisconsin.

Sniper
04-13-2009, 10:01 PM
To say Michigan looks good with FL S Marvin Robinson appears to be an understatement at the moment...

VoteLynnSwan
04-13-2009, 10:59 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/badgers.html

WI LB Konrad Zagzebski decommits from Minnesota and verbals to Wisconsin.

that's funny because it makes me think of BF51's sig quote.

To be honest I really never saw myself playing at Wisconsin. Minnesota is where it is at right now and it doesn't take long to recognize that they are a program on the rise.

BRAVEHEART
04-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Westchester DT Dak Smith (6-7, 354) said he has given a verbal commitment to USC.

Ok, now it's official.

BigJohn98
04-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Lamarcus Joyner is visiting FSU tomorrow. Says he's excited to meet Terrell Buckley.

ToldLikeItIs
04-15-2009, 04:42 AM
Iowa sits well with CJ Fiedorowicz, really well.

bearsfan_51
04-15-2009, 06:06 AM
that's funny because it makes me think of BF51's sig quote.
Ha. That's funny. And sucks. I wonder what made him change his mind, it's not as if he didn't already have an offer from Wisconsin.

Oh well, I'm never one to bash a high school kid, hope he made the right choice for him.

wicket
04-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Iowa sits well with CJ Fiedorowicz, really well.

I've heard many a rumour that he might commit at the spring game (ND's spring game that is)

ToldLikeItIs
04-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Just like everyone else?

wicket
04-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Just like everyone else?

nope he is actually just one of four or five guys i could see commiting this spring game.

Montana, Boyd, Cooper, Riggs and Stone being the other possibilities but none of those are set in stone.

On other news though contrary to previous posts ND is far from out of contention for Seantrell Henderson (whom you also cliam iowa is leading for, just like everyone else).

HindSight
04-15-2009, 10:13 AM
nope he is actually just one of four or five guys i could see commiting this spring game.

Montana, Boyd, Cooper, Riggs and Stone being the other possibilities but none of those are set in stone.

On other news though contrary to previous posts ND is far from out of contention for Seantrell Henderson (whom you also cliam iowa is leading for, just like everyone else).
Iowa is leading for Michael Floyd, too.

bearsfan_51
04-15-2009, 10:27 AM

I think I'm the only one who has discounted Notre Dame, and that was mostly speculation blinded by the belief that nobody should go to Notre Dame.

He really wants that USC love though. You can just tell.

wicket
04-15-2009, 10:31 AM
I think I'm the only one who has discounted Notre Dame, and that was mostly speculation blinded by the belief that nobody should go to Notre Dame.
What a disgusting thing to say. If i were easily offended i would be but i am just to hungover to bother

Its okay ;). But seriously he really wants to come to the spring game but a death in his family might prevent him from coming. But from what i heard he is trying really hard to make it. Combine that with the fact that he'll be camping in south bend this summer (along with pOSU and Iowa) and we should at least be considered one of the prime contenders.

ToldLikeItIs
04-15-2009, 01:50 PM
He very well could commit at the spring game, but we are, at worst, #2 at this point.

I'm not going to make a prediction, Ethan Johnson commited basically on a whim to Notre Dame, as did Manti Te'o, those spring games can be very impressionable to young kids.

Sniper
04-15-2009, 01:53 PM
He very well could commit at the spring game, but we are, at worst, #2 at this point.

I'm not going to make a prediction, Ethan Johnson commited basically on a whim to Notre Dame, as did Manti Te'o, those spring games can be very impressionable to young kids.

Except Manti Te'o committed at the end of January...

BRAVEHEART
04-15-2009, 02:03 PM

He's not gonna get it though. Pete has offered numerous OT's outside cali and no offer for Seantrel. Petey is usually the first to jump on elite talents, so something is not right. I think pete knows something is up, or just simply doesn't really care for seantrell as a prospect (which sounds wierd).

ToldLikeItIs
04-15-2009, 02:04 PM
On a whim, the key word there, and that applies to Ethan Johnson as well.

Sniper
04-15-2009, 02:07 PM
He's not gonna get it though. Pete has offered numerous OT's outside cali and no offer for Seantrel. Petey is usually the first to jump on elite talents, so something is not right. I think pete knows something is up, or just simply doesn't really care for seantrell as a prospect (which sounds wierd).

Maybe he just knows Seantrel's going to Minnesota. He refused to have Will Campbell in on an official visit because he knew that the big fella was going to Michigan.

wicket
04-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Except Manti Te'o committed at the end of January...

and his visit was during the syracuse game which was the most underwhelming moment you could imagine

HindSight
04-15-2009, 02:57 PM
and his visit was during the syracuse game which was the most underwhelming moment you could imagine
I didn't mind it.

JayP
04-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Shall we just chalk this up to another brilliant statement by Told?

wicket
04-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Shall we just chalk this up to another brilliant statement by Told?

yeah also because EJ was a lifelong ND fan which might have more to do with him commiting than that whim.

BRAVEHEART
04-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Maybe he just knows Seantrel's going to Minnesota. He refused to have Will Campbell in on an official visit because he knew that the big fella was going to Michigan.

That's my guess, heard something about a package deal and minny already has his friend (I believe he's a S).

ToldLikeItIs
04-15-2009, 10:02 PM
AJ Derby now has offers from the "Big 3", Florida, Florida State, and Miami. The last player from the state of Iowa to have those? Blake Larsen, a top 5 player in his class.

AJ is on his way to being a 5*.

Sniper
04-15-2009, 10:03 PM
AJ Derby now has offers from the "Big 3", Florida, Florida State, and Miami. The last player from the state of Iowa to have those? Blake Larsen, a top 5 player in his class.

AJ is on his way to being a 5*.

Are they all QB offers or ATH offers?

ToldLikeItIs
04-15-2009, 10:13 PM
QB, he's also accepted an invitation to the AA game, and is competing in the Elite 11.

BigJohn98
04-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Larmarcus Joyner was supposed to leave after today, but he's staying an extra day. He's having a great time and the coaches have apparently rolled out the red carpet for him.

Sniper
04-15-2009, 10:17 PM
QB, he's also accepted an invitation to the AA game, and is competing in the Elite 11.

Link confirming these offers?

JRTPlaya21
04-15-2009, 10:33 PM
http://www.chicagosports.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=59756

ToldLikeItIs
04-15-2009, 10:42 PM
His rivals profile should be enough.

JoeyJr09
04-15-2009, 10:49 PM
Are they all QB offers or ATH offers?

I have yet to see anything or hear anything that says we have even spoken to Derby. The Rivals database in the only this that even shows our name associated with Derby.

If someone can provide and solid info or articles to back this, its be greatly appreciated. If not, I'm calling BS. We would have heard something down here (especially if it was a QB we were seriously after) and those offer databases are wrong a lot of the time.

In other news:

-Joyner is a done deal to FSU after staying to meet with Buckley for another day.

-I've read from a few places that Auburn is making a huge push for Seastrunk and Reed and they are serious about Auburn. Supposedly they loved the visit and are the team to beat. I still think they finish at LSU but I've seen froma few places that they are getting real serious and real comfortable at Auburn.

- I'm expecting Cody Riggs to commit to ND after this weekend. I know Fiedorowicz has been talked about on here alot. I don't know a ton about him but I keep seeing that he is also extremely likely to commit to them this weekend.

HindSight
04-15-2009, 10:51 PM
Larmarcus Joyner was supposed to leave after today, but he's staying an extra day. He's having a great time and the coaches have apparently rolled out the red carpet for him.
Coaches rolling out the red carpet for a top flight recruit? THIS IS NEWS!!!!!!

:p

JoeyJr09
04-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Northwestern CB Khalid Marshall to LSU.

We just offered Northwesterns other CB Kambrel McGee.

We also supposedly offered QB Jake Heaps.

Hines
04-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Alabama got QB Philip Simms. Good get by Saban.

Hollywood
04-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Northwestern CB Khalid Marshall to LSU.

We just offered Northwesterns other CB Kambrel McGee.

Good to hear about McGee; I like him more than Marshall. If Joyner does go to FSU (which I have always seen him at if he doesn't stay in Miami), great pull and I am just glad that UF didn't get the best player in the state. All three schools are going to have superb classes this year, but then we've know this and have been saying it for at least a year and half-two years.

JoeyJr09
04-15-2009, 11:02 PM
More Miami news:

-Naples RB Darion Hall is rumored to be a silent. Kind of out of the blue. He is a big back 6'1 200. That is expected to be the compliment to either Eduardo Clement or Giovanni Bernard in this class. Also a chance we could take 3 RBs depending on who they are. Take this with a grain of salt as I'm not sure how much is rumor and how much is legit.

-Brian Robinson is expected to commit to Miami fairly soon.

-Our rivals guy says WR Ivan McCartney and DE Corey Lemonier and pretty set to come here.

JayP
04-15-2009, 11:03 PM
- I'm expecting Cody Riggs to commit to ND after this weekend. I know Fiedorowicz has been talked about on here alot. I don't know a ton about him but I keep seeing that he is also extremely likely to commit to them this weekend.

Those two would make my weekend. A great start to it would be Tai-ler Jones committing tomorrow, but the only person who seems to be mentioning ND is his dad.

JoeyJr09
04-15-2009, 11:06 PM
I've heard ND is out of it for Tai-ler already.

He's picking between UGA and Stanford.

JayP
04-15-2009, 11:14 PM
I had heard UNC or UGA. Personally I don't want him at Stanford...4 years of listening to how the former ND star's son chose a rival school will make me vomit....repeatedly.

As long as ND doesn't lose out on Anthony Barr, it's all good. His uncle should have some sway, and his dad should too. Plus I think his mom went to St. Mary's, and that's just across the street from ND.

Hollywood
04-15-2009, 11:16 PM
More Miami news:

-Naples RB Darion Hall is rumored to be a silent. Kind of out of the blue. He is a big back 6'1 200. That is expected to be the compliment to either Eduardo Clement or Giovanni Bernard in this class. Also a chance we could take 3 RBs depending on who they are. Take this with a grain of salt as I'm not sure how much is rumor and how much is legit.

-Our rivals guy says WR Ivan McCartney and DE Corey Lemonier and pretty set to come here.

Whoa Hall is definitely out of the blue, just read the article on him the other day where he talks about us and SMU being his top schools. Haven't seen anything on him though, just know the measurables and that he averages over 10 YPC and nearly 20 YP catch.

Great to hear about Robinson and I like us being the first team one of them has committed to and the great thing about the STA kids is once they commit, they are DONE. Hopefully he is a good recruiter for us.

JoeyJr09
04-15-2009, 11:16 PM
UNC is the darkhorse from what I heard. They are a distant 3rd.

I haven't seen anyone really expecting him to pick a school outside of UGA or Stanford for awhile now.

iowatreat54
04-15-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm sure one day randomly, AJ Derby said "Hey, I think I should say I have an offer from Miami" of all places. What motive does he have to BS that?

I mean, there is a possibility, but just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Unless the coaching staff runs every offer by you to make sure its ok first, in which case I'll give you props...

JoeyJr09
04-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Whoa Hall is definitely out of the blue, just read the article on him the other day where he talks about us and SMU being his top schools. Haven't seen anything on him though, just know the measurables and that he averages over 10 YPC and nearly 20 YP catch.

Great to hear about Robinson and I like us being the first team one of them has committed to and the great thing about the STA kids is once they commit, they are DONE. Hopefully he is a good recruiter for us.

I kinda like the Hall pickup. He's a huge back. I should easily grow in the 6'1 225 range. I love the Idea of that. He would be a welcome addition. Plus he's got a nice offer list. Michigan, WVU, Clemson, Wisconsin, Kansas and us. Plus Ohio State is on the verge of an offer as well.

Looks like a nice scouting job to jump on him with us not likely Gore and kids like Gainer and Clements looking elsewhere. Although I still think we get Clements when it's all said and done.

Also starting to think we are going to be able to switch Demar Dorsey at some point. We have been on him pretty good as he has the size we are looking for at CB. Plus it's looks like a given that he will decommit and we do very well at Boyd Anderson HS.

JoeyJr09
04-15-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm sure one day randomly, AJ Derby said "Hey, I think I should say I have an offer from Miami" of all places. What motive does he have to BS that?

I mean, there is a possibility, but just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Unless the coaching staff runs every offer by you to make sure its ok first, in which case I'll give you props...

No need to be an asshole.

Maybe you missed the story on ESPN where a kid make up an entire scholarship and commitment to Cal.

Or the article on Bryce Brown's mentor last year that stated he was claiming kids had a Miami offer when they really didn't just to get their name out there.

It happens all the time.

iowatreat54
04-15-2009, 11:29 PM
No need to be an asshole.

Maybe you missed the story on ESPN where a kid make up an entire scholarship and commitment to Cal.

Or the article on Bryce Brown's mentor last year that stated he was claiming kids had a Miami offer when they really didn't just to get their name out there.

It happens all the time.

Yes, because a top 150 4* player with confirmed offers from more than a handful of big name schools is the same exact situation.

I'm not saying he definitely has an offer, but you acting like because you don't know about it means it probably isn't true is hilarious. I know you're really into recruiting for Miami and part of Florida and I can respect the information that you share and appreciate it. But honestly, give me one good reason a prospect like Derby has to BS an offer from Miami? If he wanted to make himself seem bigger than reality, why not pick a bigger program that would give him more recognition? It's not like he hasn't been 1/3 of the Big XI, Florida, Alabama, or Nebraska, with interest from others.

I don't mean to be a dick, but you come off as if you don't know something then it isn't true. It's kind of annoying, I'm sorry.

ToldLikeItIs
04-15-2009, 11:37 PM
He has the offer, it's basically irrelevant anyways, but goes towards proving one, or possibly two of my initial predictions.

I've heard nothing about Fiedorowicz commiting to Notre Dame this weekend, but, like I said, it isn't out of the question.

JoeyJr09
04-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Yes, because a top 150 4* player with confirmed offers from more than a handful of big name schools is the same exact situation.

I'm not saying he definitely has an offer, but you acting like because you don't know about it means it probably isn't true is hilarious. I know you're really into recruiting for Miami and part of Florida and I can respect the information that you share and appreciate it. But honestly, give me one good reason a prospect like Derby has to BS an offer from Miami? If he wanted to make himself seem bigger than reality, why not pick a bigger program that would give him more recognition? It's not like he hasn't been 1/3 of the Big XI, Florida, Alabama, or Nebraska, with interest from others.

I don't mean to be a dick, but you come off as if you don't know something then it isn't true. It's kind of annoying, I'm sorry.

Then stop being a dick. How about that?

1st off, I never said it wasn't true. I said I wasn't ready to buy into a database system that we all know is flawed. I asked for any confirmation on it. So far, I have yet to see an article, a quote from Derby, an analyst, or anything out of Miami that confirms an offer. So until I see something concrete, I'll be skeptical on it seeing as the database is the only thing that has it up and they notoriously flawed.

2nd, I never said Derby made up the offer. You did. I merely responded to you and said it does happen all the time. For all I know a guy inputting all the info could have mistakenly marked that in his profile. I never said Derby was going around claiming an Miami offer that he didn't have. You assumed that's what I meant.

You need to calm down and stop being a dick. You are being a ass for no reason. All I did was say I was skeptical on a piece of information because I have seen zero confirmation on it at all. You assumed the rest and have treated me like crap bashed on your assumptions.

HindSight
04-15-2009, 11:42 PM
I've heard ND is out of it for Tai-ler already.

He's picking between UGA and Stanford.
Rumor on an OSU board is that his pick will shock people.....thus making it Stanford.

JoeyJr09
04-15-2009, 11:43 PM
He has the offer, it's basically irrelevant anyways, but goes towards proving one, or possibly two of my initial predictions.

I've heard nothing about Fiedorowicz commiting to Notre Dame this weekend, but, like I said, it isn't out of the question.

If he does have the offer as you claim, I'd love to hear how it helps your predictions.

Do you know how many kids are offered by the big 3 and end up only being 3 stars?

ToldLikeItIs
04-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Notre Dame, and USC could be next, fwiw.

HindSight
04-15-2009, 11:46 PM

I love how, in your warped world, Miami offering a kid proves anything that you've said.

BRAVEHEART
Notre Dame, and USC could be next, fwiw.

for what? :10chars:

JoeyJr09
Anyone got an info on Jake Heaps?

JoeyJr09
04-15-2009, 11:48 PM
for what? :10chars:

He's counting Derby's offers and praying that it leads to him becoming a 5* so his prediction will be right.

What he doesn't realize is that Derby getting all these offers doesn't make him a 5* talent. It makes him lucky to be in a ****** QB class as pretty much every QB this year is getting offers from everyone.

iowatreat54
04-15-2009, 11:49 PM
So what if he was offered today and there is no article yet? Just because there is no article at this very moment doesn't mean it isn't true.

You said unless there is an article, you're calling BS. Basically implying that if there is no article to back up rivals saying he has an offer, that it is made up. I may have jumped to the conclusion in saying that he made it up, but you are basically saying that right now it's made up (by someone) if there is nothing else besides rivals saying so.

I honestly am sorry for being a dick, but almost all of your posts you act like if you don't know about it then it isn't true, and it's really, really annoying. Like I said, I appreciate your information and knowledge, but honestly, get off your high ******* horse and thinking that you are first hand knowledge and the end all be all for everything Miami football. I have no problem with you asking for an article or further proof, but acting like it's complete BS that Miami would offer someone without your knowledge is absolutely hilarious.

JoeyJr09
04-15-2009, 11:56 PM
So what if he was offered today and there is no article yet? Just because there is no article at this very moment doesn't mean it isn't true.

You said unless there is an article, you're calling BS. Basically implying that if there is no article to back up rivals saying he has an offer, that it is made up. I may have jumped to the conclusion in saying that he made it up, but you are basically saying that right now it's made up (by someone) if there is nothing else besides rivals saying so.

I honestly am sorry for being a dick, but almost all of your posts you act like if you don't know about it then it isn't true, and it's really, really annoying. Like I said, I appreciate your information and knowledge, but honestly, get off your high ******* horse and thinking that you are first hand knowledge and the end all be all for everything Miami football. I have no problem with you asking for an article or further proof, but acting like it's complete BS that Miami would offer someone without your knowledge is absolutely hilarious.

Good God are you ********? How can you apologize for being a dick and then be a dick in the very next line?

Just block me!

Christ, is it that hard? I've been posting the same way since the day I got here. I'm not going to change and frankly I don't give a **** if it annoys you.

So either get over it or block me but stop bitching and moaning about it because I don't give a ****.

End of discussion.

BRAVEHEART
04-15-2009, 11:56 PM

The only info I got about him is old.

I think his top 5 will consist of....

BYU
ND
UW
FSU
Tenn

BYU would be my best guess, but if UW improves and looks decent this year (which is saying much) he'll stay home.

JRTPlaya21
04-16-2009, 12:00 AM

Nooooooooooooo! Oh well VT will get someone else lol.

JayP
04-16-2009, 12:02 AM

Everything I've heard is that he's Washington's to lose. ND seemingly has pretty much moved on.

Although I am seeing a lot of chatter all of a sudden about Montana not being so put off by ND as he used to be and possibly pulling the trigger at the spring game.

ND will still need a 2nd QB for this class. Anyone know anything about a QB named Dallas Lloyd from Utah? He's getting a lot of chatter on ND boards, and his film doesn't look too bad.

BRAVEHEART
04-16-2009, 12:04 AM
BTW, ya'll have info on any of these recruits?

Brandon Willis, DE
Gabe King, DE
Ego Ferguson, DE
Garrison Smith, DE
Corey Nelson, OLB
Terrence Mitchell, CB
Ronnie Vinson, CB/S

JoeyJr09
04-16-2009, 12:09 AM
The only info I got about him is old.

I think his top 5 will consist of....

BYU
ND
UW
FSU
Tenn

BYU would be my best guess, but if UW improves and looks decent this year (which is saying much) he'll stay home.

BYU really?

Is he Mormon?

I know we aren't in his top 10 but we hadnt offered at that point but he did point in his last article that most of his top 10 is in the SEC or ACC. Lead me to believe he was interested in leaving home but you guys are all saying he's staying close?

He's just trying to stir the pot and get notice with all this SEC and ACC talk I assume?

JoeyJr09
04-16-2009, 12:13 AM
BTW, ya'll have info on any of these recruits?

Brandon Willis, DE
Gabe King, DE
Ego Ferguson, DE
Garrison Smith, DE
Corey Nelson, OLB
Terrence Mitchell, CB
Ronnie Vinson, CB/S

-Ego is easily the most open prospect I have seen in a long time. He's considering alot of SEC, ACC and northeast schools along with a few west coast schools. He has about 25 schools he's been naming and he hasn't even begun to mention when he will cut his list. He is easily going to be the funnest prospect to watch make a decision as no one seems to have any idea what his top options are.

-Terrence Mitchell named FSU his leader and is pretty much a lock to them.

JayP
04-16-2009, 12:13 AM
BYU really?

Is he Mormon?

I know we aren't in his top 10 but we hadnt offered at that point but he did point in his last article that most of his top 10 is in the SEC or ACC. Lead me to believe he was interested in leaving home but you guys are all saying he's staying close?

He's just trying to stir the pot and get notice with all this SEC and ACC talk I assume?

He is, which is why some ND fans thought Te'o could help sway him to ND. But all I've ever heard the kid discuss in interviews was UW and the turnaround he expected there.

Unless Sark & Co. totally tank it this year, I think he's a Husky.

And I read that Ferguson's mom was pretty much done once he got the ND offer. She's sold on ND's academics and alumni network.

T-RICH49
04-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Kansas landed a committment from Ricki Herod Jr

Hines
04-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Paul Jones AND Robert Bolden are visiting this weekend. Very strange IMO. It would be awesome if we could land both of them, but either one would do. I perfer PJ, though. ;)

JoeyJr09
04-16-2009, 12:23 AM
He is, which is why some ND fans thought Te'o could help sway him to ND. But all I've ever heard the kid discuss in interviews was UW and the turnaround he expected there.

And I read that Ferguson's mom was pretty much done once he got the ND offer. She's sold on ND's academics and alumni network.

I usually buy the parent stuff when it becomes obvious they are pushing a kid somewhere. But when they aren't pushing, it's usually a non-issue.

Ego's mom might prefer ND but judging by his comments, she's not exactly pushing him there.

It's similar to Louis Nix situation. Nix's mom prefers UF but Louis likes us more and his mom has been willing to sit with our staff and has been open to the process despite her preferring UF. She is letting Louis make his own decision and at this point, he is firmer to us then ever.

As as long as Ego's mom isn't getting pushy, he seems very open to numerous different places. And so far she doesn't seem to be even a little pushing as he has been on trips all over the place seeing different schools.

BRAVEHEART
04-16-2009, 12:26 AM

well, he's at USC (actually this was thursday) with his dad and They're saying the same thing about USC......

Sounds like Joey might be on to something.

HindSight
04-16-2009, 01:12 AM

then once the article comes out, it can be confirmed. it's not really that hard.

just the fact that told is the person saying it is reason enough for it to be doubted.

ToldLikeItIs
04-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Joey thinks he's connected, and a guru. I report what I hear, and silence the Hawkeye doubters, that's all.

Joey needs a hug.

Derby has a Miami offer, and yeah the fact Florida, Miami, and FSU are all offering a kid 2,000 miles away just might mean something. He's already an 4*, particpating in rivals big money making game, picking up offers left and right, and attending the elite 11 camp.

Hindsight, I'm right again, as usual, it's just the way things are lately. In the future, I'll probably be wrong, but I like my run.

BRAVEHEART
04-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Told, I (highly)doubt USC offers Derby and if they do they won't look at him as a QB.

ToldLikeItIs
04-16-2009, 01:34 AM
He's visiting soon, all of the California schools, and apparently the interest is there.

If he does pick up offers from USC and Notre Dame, along with the offers he already has.. I'll go 3-3.

BRAVEHEART
04-16-2009, 01:39 AM
He's visiting soon, all of the California schools, and apparently the interest is there.

If he does pick up offers from USC and Notre Dame, along with the offers he already has.. I'll go 3-3.

I think he'll get something from ND...but not USC. (you heard it here first).

Hokie_Pokie08
04-16-2009, 01:42 AM

I guess that officially puts the nail in Star Jackson being thought of as a QB at Bama. Are they moving him to WR or defense?

HindSight
04-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Joey thinks he's connected, and a guru. I report what I hear, and silence the Hawkeye doubters, that's all.

Joey needs a hug.

Derby has a Miami offer, and yeah the fact Florida, Miami, and FSU are all offering a kid 2,000 miles away just might mean something. He's already an 4*, particpating in rivals big money making game, picking up offers left and right, and attending the elite 11 camp.

Hindsight, I'm right again, as usual, it's just the way things are lately. In the future, I'll probably be wrong, but I like my run.
right.

what have you been right about?

wicket
04-16-2009, 01:59 AM
I can tell you after this weekend if i think ND is gonna offer AJ. But to be honoust there hasnt been much interest from ND towards him that i know of. Besides that a ND offer might be good for your star rating but a ND commitment not so much (at least with rivals)

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Paul Jones AND Robert Bolden are visiting this weekend. Very strange IMO. It would be awesome if we could land both of them, but either one would do. I perfer PJ, though. ;)

FWIW I had thought Paul Jones was just visiting this Saturday, while Bolden is leaving for PSU on Friday (today) and staying throughout the weekend. Also some chatter that MD WR Adrian Coxson, SC OL/DL AJ Cann, and SC TE/DE Justin Henderson may be visiting this weekend...those three are far from confirmed though.

I know Joe told Adrian to go for the UnderArmour AA thing the week of the B-W game (the following weekend - 4/25), and Henderson is supposed to be attending the B-W game with his father while bringing Cann along....so I can't imagine how or why Henderson/Cann would visit this weekend, go home, then return for the B-W game the following weekend.

-------

Hearing 2-3 verbals at/around the time of the B-W game...we shall see. Some are running with facebook rumors on CT RB Silas Redd - but this is from legit sources saying 2 or 3 and nowhere near that flimsy.

Hines
04-16-2009, 09:36 AM
FWIW I had thought Paul Jones was just visiting this Saturday, while Bolden is leaving for PSU on Friday (today) and staying throughout the weekend. Also some chatter that MD WR Adrian Coxson, SC OL/DL AJ Cann, and SC TE/DE Justin Henderson may be visiting this weekend...those three are far from confirmed though.

I know Joe told Adrian to go for the UnderArmour AA thing the week of the B-W game (the following weekend - 4/25), and Henderson is supposed to be attending the B-W game with his father while bringing Cann along....so I can't imagine how or why Henderson/Cann would visit this weekend, go home, then return for the B-W game the following weekend.

-------

Hearing 2-3 verbals at/around the time of the B-W game...we shall see. Some are running with facebook rumors on CT RB Silas Redd - but this is from legit sources saying 2 or 3 and nowhere near that flimsy.

I have both Redd and Hodges as friends on Facebook and Silas did say that.

My guess for the verbals would be:

Silas Redd
Alex Kenney
Khari Fortt (I hope)
Paul Jones will stick his commitment out.

VoteLynnSwan
04-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Told has been right about Austin Gray so far... that's it. i'm not counting all this offer ******** as a prediction since you're simply stating what you've seen on rivals' database.

He was also wrong in saying Derby would be top 60 in the initial rivals 100... so right now he's 1up and 1 down.

wicket
04-16-2009, 11:13 AM
what is worse is that he now has a source to agree with him on CJ.
Side Note:
Following ND recruiting is depressing

iowatreat54
04-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Anyone with a premium rivals account, there's an article on AJ Derby and his latest offer...

I can't read it :(.

EDIT: I'm not looking for premium info, just pointing out that it's there and I have no idea what it says.

Sniper
04-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Told has been right about Austin Gray so far... that's it. i'm not counting all this offer ******** as a prediction since you're simply stating what you've seen on rivals' database.

He was also wrong in saying Derby would be top 60 in the initial rivals 100... so right now he's 1up and 1 down.

He's a 3 star on Scout, so that's not looking so hot right now.

steelernation77
04-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Anyone with a premium rivals account, there's an article on AJ Derby and his latest offer...

I can't read it :(.

EDIT: I'm not looking for premium info, just pointing out that it's there and I have no idea what it says.

It's an offer that has already been discussed here.

iowatreat54
04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
It's an offer that has already been discussed here.

Hmm imagine that... :rolleyes:

wicket
04-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Georgia WR Tai-ler Jones commits to stanford.

I hate following recruiting :(

edit: I hate that he chose stanford but I cant really attack anyone for going that. It is a good choice for your future.

JRTPlaya21
04-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Soft verbal though so all isn't lost yet.

wicket
04-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I feel he pretty much is open to new offers but isnt going to any of his standing offers (that is just me maybe).
besides that. worst recruiting day for ND ever. Bad news raining in all over the place. Im getting ready to just get drunk and hope I forget today

HindSight
04-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Hmm imagine that... :rolleyes:
aren't you the guy who kept saying "not to be a dick....", but you kept being a dick......and continue to be a dick. all the kid wanted was some kind of verification besides Mr Always Wrong. this is it.

iowatreat54
04-16-2009, 03:03 PM
aren't you the guy who kept saying "not to be a dick....", but you kept being a dick......and continue to be a dick. all the kid wanted was some kind of verification besides Mr Always Wrong. this is it.

Yea, but who would have thought that when a kid's offers are updated after 9 p.m. that people aren't rushing to write the article after their already asleep. Rather than demand an article that late in night, like I said, maybe wait less than 12 hours when people actually go back to work.

I actually really don't care if I'm a dick anymore, because it's absolutely hilarious how upset some people get or think they know everything.

HindSight
04-16-2009, 03:11 PM
It's absolutely hilarious how upset you get when somebody just asks for verification.

iowatreat54
04-16-2009, 03:17 PM
It's absolutely hilarious how upset you get when somebody just asks for verification.

How was I upset? I just said it was pretty hilarious, but sometimes annoying whenever Joey thought because he didn't know something it wasn't true. Believe me, I was far from upset, and was actually thoroughly entertained knowing that there was absolutely zero reason for someone with the offers that Derby has to BS an offer from Miami of all places. I was expecting to have to wait at least a week for an article on it, but there it was first thing in the morning.

I mean, it's really baffling how things like articles get written between 9-5 on a weekday and not at like midnight. I don't know how the world manages...

etk
04-16-2009, 03:29 PM
More Miami news:

GREAT GREAT news. Robinson is a HUGE signing. Him and Maque will be nasty. Bernard and Linder next plz. It's too bad we can't get Riggs or Joyner though.

HindSight
04-16-2009, 03:43 PM
How was I upset? I just said it was pretty hilarious, but sometimes annoying whenever Joey thought because he didn't know something it wasn't true. Believe me, I was far from upset, and was actually thoroughly entertained knowing that there was absolutely zero reason for someone with the offers that Derby has to BS an offer from Miami of all places. I was expecting to have to wait at least a week for an article on it, but there it was first thing in the morning.

I mean, it's really baffling how things like articles get written between 9-5 on a weekday and not at like midnight. I don't know how the world manages...
How was he upset?

And what part of this aren't you getting? He wanted to see it from a source other than somebody who is ALWAYS wrong. That doesn't mean he thought it would never ever ever ever ever ever happen....he just wanted to see it.

jesus you're thick.

iowatreat54
04-16-2009, 03:56 PM
How was he upset?

And what part of this aren't you getting? He wanted to see it from a source other than somebody who is ALWAYS wrong. That doesn't mean he thought it would never ever ever ever ever ever happen....he just wanted to see it.

jesus you're thick.

Haha well he swore a lot at me and told me to ignore him.

All I said in the first place was that maybe there wasn't an article yet, mainly because it was late at night, and to hold off on calling BS and maybe wait less than 12 hours until people get back to work for an article.

But it's over with, it was entertaining. I'll stop filling this thread with posts without recruiting info.

ToldLikeItIs
04-16-2009, 04:22 PM
New article just released on ESPN, Iowa is tied with Ohio State on top for Fiedorowicz.

Interesting..

wicket
04-16-2009, 04:30 PM
New article just released on ESPN, Iowa is tied with Ohio State on top for Fiedorowicz.

Interesting..

I already gave you credit for that but dont push me further cause it was the worst ND recruiting day EVER.
On the side. I dont think you would be even if pOSU decides to offer.
Edit: Recruiting SUCKS

ToldLikeItIs
04-16-2009, 06:15 PM
My rightness is growing contagious, it's an epidemic.

The Derby information came out well before the article was written, and the offer was listed.

Iowa is in similar position with Seantrel.

JayP
04-16-2009, 07:11 PM
ESPN as a source for recruiting is about as reliable as you are for recruiting Told. Enough said there.

Wicket, cheer up man. The season still hasn't started, and everyone here know that the word "commitment" doesn't mean squat until pen meets paper for 90% of these kids. There's still a long ways to go until the next NLOI day, and there's still a lot of recruits ND is looking good with or in the driver's seat for.

wicket
04-17-2009, 03:06 AM
ESPN as a source for recruiting is about as reliable as you are for recruiting Told. Enough said there.

Wicket, cheer up man. The season still hasn't started, and everyone here know that the word "commitment" doesn't mean squat until pen meets paper for 90% of these kids. There's still a long ways to go until the next NLOI day, and there's still a lot of recruits ND is looking good with or in the driver's seat for.

true but hurst really hurt. im okay with the rest of the bad news but missing out on hurst is a kick in the nards

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 03:33 AM
true but hurst really hurt. im okay with the rest of the bad news but missing out on hurst is a kick in the nards

when did this happen?

wicket
04-17-2009, 04:05 AM
when did this happen?

yesterday (what you prolly still see as today being in another time zone and all) The quick ND bizz of yesterday:
- Hurst eliminated us because he didnt like Latina getting fired.
- Henderson cancelled his spring game visit
- Fiedorowicz has a top 2 and we are not in it.
- Legacy Tai-ler Jones picks Stanford (picking another academic school over us really hurts, means stanford is on the rise and since they focus on the same small group that we do we will have a lot of trouble with them recruitingwise)
- Gody going to the draft

I think that was about it.
Ow yeah we officially made Darryl Baldwins top 4 but he aints coming to us and besides that we already knew he was gonna make a top four and we knew who was in it UM MSU pOSU and us)

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 04:10 AM
yesterday (what you prolly still see as today being in another time zone and all) The quick ND bizz of yesterday:
- Legacy Tai-ler Jones picks Stanford (picking another academic school over us really hurts, means stanford is on the rise and since they focus on the same small group that we do we will have a lot of trouble with them recruitingwise)

Ow yeah we officially made Darryl Baldwins top 4 but he aints coming to us and besides that we already knew he was gonna make a top four and we knew who was in it UM MSU pOSU and us)

Be specific, who was she?

*edit*

Never mind what I said, I thought Notre Dame fired a latina connected to him, didn't know there was a coach (let alone a person) with the last name "latina".

wicket
04-17-2009, 04:12 AM
Be specific, who was she?

our old OLine coach. I can see him liking the guy but he couldnt be suprised he got fired. With all the talent in the world they(the OLine) still had trouble blocking a handicapped 7 year old in a wheelchair.

edit: Dudes name was Latina, not some hispanic women we ironically named Latina ;)
double edit: to late i already responded ;)

HindSight
04-17-2009, 08:42 AM
ok I'll bite......what does the p stand for?

JayP
04-17-2009, 08:44 AM

WHy I wouldn't jump off a cliff over any of those:

---Hurst eliminating us because he didn't like that we upgraded the O-Line coach is telling. He potentially could have been Matt Carufel redux for ND. Better to move on to other targets.
---Henderson cancelled his visit due to a death in the family reportedly. He'll still be camping at ND in a few weeks.
---Fiedorowicz would be a luxury signing. Rudolph and Fauria are just about to be sophomores. Ragone will be a redshirt soph, and Eifert and Golic are about to enroll in a few weeks. That's the deepest TE has been in awhile, which means ND can wait a year to sign another TE.
---Jones picking Stanford could also mean he picked where the depth chart favored him. Floyd, Tate, Kamara, Walker, Goodman, Evans, and Toma will all be there when he hits campus, and Daniel Smith and another WR will be in his class. That's a lot of competition.
---Gody isn't hiring an agent. He could be back.

JayP
04-17-2009, 08:47 AM

If you mean the P in my username....my last name.

HindSight
04-17-2009, 08:51 AM
If you mean the P in my username....my last name.
I didn't..

JayP
04-17-2009, 08:56 AM
I didn't..

my bad,...then elaborate so someone can give you an answer.

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Duplicate...BLAH.

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-17-2009, 10:12 AM
HOKIES:

Know anything about the lefty (QB) from Surry County, Montel White? He doesn't have any offers right now, but he is visiting PSU for spring practice...Rivals lists him at 6'5 202 pounds with a 4.8 forty.

PSU S coach Kermit Buggs was the head football coach at Surry County high at one point in time (for 3, 4 or 5 years...not long), won a state championship and was division COY...so this kid obviously intrigues me as a possible #2 QB for our '10 class.

-----

Surry County's Montel White threw a pretty ball with great arm strength though he tended to overshoot receivers on the deep routes. At 6-foot-5, White has desirable size and a whip-like arm, so attention on him should pick up as his exposure does."

-----

wicket
04-17-2009, 10:18 AM

if you mean the p in pOSU it means piece but the o and s also mean something else. think pos U. that little arrogant t they always use annoys me.

P-L
04-17-2009, 11:29 AM
A lot of you probably figured out that Marvin Robinson silently committed to Michigan at the Spring Game. Well, today he officially made it public!

iowatreat54
04-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Verducci may be an upgrade, but that just means Latina was obviously terrible. Verducci is not good. Maybe Hurst just heard from all the former players who said that they absolutely hated playing for Verducci.

steelernation77
04-17-2009, 12:00 PM

FiedoraweianfwaoRNfqf wrote that Iowa and Ohio State were his top two in a blog he writes for Bucknuts. HE wrote it.

From what I'm hearing, OSU might not offer because they got a similar player last year and they're tight on schollies. That leaves Iowa in a pretty good position.

Overall, I'm very excited about the possibilities for Iowa's 2010 class.

If we lock up the in-state talent alone than we will have some quality players:
Brandon Schreff- 6-7 275lb. OT with offers from Iowa, ISU, Nebraska and Missouri
James Kohler- 6-7 240lb. OT with offers from Iowa, ISU, KSU, Stanford and Missouri
A.J. Derby- everyone knows enough
Andre Dawson- 6-1 210lb. RB with offers from Iowa, Illinois, KU, Cinci, Wisconsin and Purdue
Matt Hoch- 6-5 230lb. DE with offers from Iowa, ISU, Stanford and Missouri (he might be tough)
James Morris-6-2 215lb. LB Committed in 2007. Offer from Stanford. Son of equipment manager. Iowa Gatorade Player of the Year as a junior.

Then when you add in the players we have committed and the ones that list us near or at the top, this class is looking pretty strong for the Hawkeyes. Certainly stronger than last year at this time.

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 04:29 PM
USC finally offers Seantrel Henderson

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2009/04/17/usc-offers-consensus-top-recruit-henderson/

I'm sorta confused on why pete offered him now....

wicket
04-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Caleb Lavey to Oklahoma State. I'll live.

JayP
04-17-2009, 04:54 PM
USC finally offers Seantrel Henderson

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2009/04/17/usc-offers-consensus-top-recruit-henderson/

I'm sorta confused on why pete offered him now....

Because offering him way after everyone else leaves Pete feeling pumped and jacked?

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Because offering him way after everyone else leaves Pete feeling pumped and jacked?

As a domer you should know that Pete likes getting the jump on recruits. ND has been living on guys that Pete has found and then said "Pfftt...".

wicket
04-17-2009, 05:37 PM
As a domer you should know that Pete likes getting the jump on recruits. ND has been living on guys that Pete has found and then said "Pfftt...".

thats not really fair, he only does that with south cali kids. ND recruits coast to coast (because if there finally is an instate 5* they strike out on that) and therefore it is less easy to 'discover' a guy

ironman4579
04-17-2009, 06:05 PM
A lot of you probably figured out that Marvin Robinson silently committed to Michigan at the Spring Game. Well, today he officially made it public!

Beautiful. It was fairly obvious he was going to, but it's always exciting when it actually happens.

Sniper
04-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Caleb Lavey to Oklahoma State. I'll live.

This makes me a sad panda.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Camper/PHOTO/MARVINROBINSON2N08150.JPG

This excites me greatly.

Sniper
04-17-2009, 06:36 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/o7r6zn.jpg

Ding dong, your WRs are dead.

JayP
04-17-2009, 06:36 PM

Pete went "pfftt" to Manti Te'o and Ethan Johnson? Dayne Crist? Jimmy Clausen? Darrin Walls? Chris Martin?

I was pretty sure he wanted them....

Sniper
04-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Pete went "pfftt" to Manti Te'o and Ethan Johnson? Dayne Crist? Jimmy Clausen? Darrin Walls? Chris Martin?

Looks like he's done fairly well without them...

Hollywood
04-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Tavadis Glenn commits to Miami! Huge pull, can play DL or OL, though I prefer him at OT; he is a complete mauler. Anybody questioning Randy's recruiting right now is a moron (read: everyone at our rivals site :rolleyes: ), he pulled two big uglies from Jacksonville that Florida wanted badly, that is almost unheard of for Miami.

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 07:13 PM

Manti and Martin, yes, the rest not really. Most trojan fans don't even know about Ethan or Darrin and everybody knows Clausen and his whole family are lame pretenders. Crist is legit, but Carroll crew really cared. For each of those recruits I can give you two that pete got instead.

JayP
04-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Looks like he's done fairly well without them...

True. But I don't buy that ND is getting USC's rejects.

Sniper
04-17-2009, 07:39 PM
True. But I don't buy that ND is getting USC's rejects.

Maybe not, but recruiting hasn't been the problem at ND lately.

JayP
04-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Manti and Martin, yes, the rest not really. Most trojan fans don't even know about Ethan or Darrin and everybody knows Clausen and his whole family are lame pretenders. Crist is legit, but Carroll crew really cared. For each of those recruits I can give you two that pete got instead.

Trojan fans knew who Ethan is, or at least the ones I know. 5* DEs on the West Coast always get attention from USC.

Clausen was considered a lock to SC. When he went to ND instead, Pete put the full court press on Crist. I personally never expected Crist to ink with ND with Clausen already there.

Just the info I got from my trojan friends with ins on the program.

JayP
04-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Maybe not, but recruiting hasn't been the problem at ND lately.

Which this is why this is Charlie's put up or shut up year. A 10-3 record should be the benchmark for this year considering the inexpereince some of ND's opponents have at key positions. If ND is sitting at 3-3 halfway through the season, ND's AD better start the coach search process and land whoever it takes to return ND to glory.

draftguru151
04-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Tavadis Glenn commits to Miami! Huge pull, can play DL or OL, though I prefer him at OT; he is a complete mauler. Anybody questioning Randy's recruiting right now is a moron (read: everyone at our rivals site :rolleyes: ), he pulled two big uglies from Jacksonville that Florida wanted badly, that is almost unheard of for Miami.

Good stuff. Lines are looking good so far.

P-L
04-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Wow, U-M really dropped the ball on Lavey. He must've really liked what he saw at Oklahoma State.

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Trojan fans knew who Ethan is, or at least the ones I know. 5* DEs on the West Coast always get attention from USC.

Clausen was considered a lock to SC. When he went to ND instead, Pete put the full court press on Crist. I personally never expected Crist to ink with ND with Clausen already there.

Just the info I got from my trojan friends with ins on the program.

who told you this?

Just the info I got from my trojan friends with ins on the program

you should'nt talk to them anymore, good friends don't lie to each other. ;)

JayP
04-17-2009, 09:36 PM
who told you this?

A guy I met at my kid's softball game first brought it up to me. Our daughters played on the same team. He has a cousin currently on USC's team. The story was backed up by another guy I know who is the brother-in-law of a recently graduated USC star player. A 3rd guy I know went to USC and still has connections there, and he also thought it was a done deal.

you should'nt talk to them anymore, good friends don't lie to each other. ;)

Other than wiffing on Clausen, they were pretty spot on. I still have contact with the 2nd guy, and when he says USC is about to get someone, he's been spot on. And I don't mean like mentioning it the same day Rivals mentions it...I mean like months in advance. The 3rd guy I talk to occasionally, but when we do talk and speak on ND and USC, he's pretty in the know about USC recruits.

ToldLikeItIs
04-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Iowa's class could look like this..

QB - AJ Derby 5*
QB - Hutson Mason 3*
RB - Andre Dawson 4*
RB - James White 3*
WR - Tony Jones 3*
WR - Corey Reeder 3*
TE - CJ Fiedorowicz 4*, I'm pretty sure he's the best TE in the country, and could end up in the middle of the rivals100 though.
T - Nick Demien 4* Rivals100
T - James Kohler 3*
DE - Tobi Okenymi 3*
DE - Matt Hoch 3*
OLB - James Morris 3*
MLB - Austin Gray 4*
MLB - Jim Poggi 3* with offers from a few perrenial powerhouses
OLB - Doug Rigg 3* Really excited about him
S - Isaiah Lewis 3*
ATH - Brandon Scherff 3*
ATH - Louis Trinca Pasat 3*

That's out of the current offers. This would be Iowa's best class since 05' on paper.

bearsfan_51
04-17-2009, 10:42 PM

QB - AJ Derby 5*
QB - Hutson Mason 3*
RB - Andre Dawson 4*
RB - James White 3*
WR - Tony Jones 3*
WR - Corey Reeder 3*
TE - CJ Fiedorowicz 4*, I'm pretty sure he's the best TE in the country, and could end up in the middle of the rivals100 though.
T - James Kohler 3*
DE - Tobi Okenymi 3*
DE - Matt Hoch 3*
OLB - James Morris 3*
MLB - Austin Gray 4*
S - Isaiah Lewis 3*
ATH - Brandon Scherff 3*

That's out of the current offers. This would be Iowa's best class since 05' on paper.
I thought stars didn't matter?

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 10:59 PM
A guy I met at my kid's softball game first brought it up to me. Our daughters played on the same team. He has a cousin currently on USC's team. The story was backed up by another guy I know who is the brother-in-law of a recently graduated USC star player. A 3rd guy I know went to USC and still has connections there, and he also thought it was a done deal.

Other than wiffing on Clausen, they were pretty spot on. I still have contact with the 2nd guy, and when he says USC is about to get someone, he's been spot on. And I don't mean like mentioning it the same day Rivals mentions it...I mean like months in advance. The 3rd guy I talk to occasionally, but when we do talk and speak on ND and USC, he's pretty in the know about USC recruits.

then get me some info, domer!

stop being stingy.:p

sbh15
04-17-2009, 11:47 PM
Expect... some commitments... from guys during the O&B game.

ToldLikeItIs
04-18-2009, 04:09 AM
They don't, in this case, they are used as identification for those who are unaware of the names I listed.

wicket
04-18-2009, 04:11 AM
Notre dames most up to date spring game visit list. Only Dominique Easley seems to be an iffy one on there, not sure if he'll show or not.

offered committed

April 18- Spring Game
FL ATH Spencer Boyd- Offered- Unofficial Visit
IL S Corey Cooper - Offered/Illinois Soft Verbal- Unofficial Visit
OH OT Andrew Donnal- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
NY DE Dominique Easley- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
IL TE C.J. Fiedorowicz- Offered- Unofficial Visit
CT LB Khairi Fortt - Offered- Unofficial Visit
IL OT Zach Fulton- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
NV OT Geoffrey Gibson- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
OH OT Matt James- Offered- Unofficial Visit
AR FB Morgan Linton- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
IL OT Christian Lombard- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
CA OLB/DE Chris Martin- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
OH QB Luke Massa- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
KS WR Justin McCay- Offered- Unofficial Visit
CA QB Nick Montana- Offered- Unofficial Visit
PA DE Jordan Paskorz- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
IL WR Kyle Prater- Offered- Unofficial Visit
CA ATH Lucky Radley-- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
FL CB Cody Riggs- Offered- Unofficial Visit
CA RB/S Dietrich Riley- Offered- Unofficial Visit
CA RB Cameron Roberson- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
OH OG Matt Rotheram- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
IN WR Daniel Smith- Verbal Commit- Unofficial Visit
CA WR Blake Stanton-- Prospect- Unofficial Visit
TN OT James Stone- Offered- Unofficial Visit
FL CB Lo Wood- Offered- Unofficial Visit

wicket
04-18-2009, 04:15 AM
They don't, in this case, they are used as identification for those who are unaware of the names I listed.

then why do you already give derby 5* while he doesnt have it on any site

ToldLikeItIs
04-18-2009, 04:21 AM
Estimation.

He's the best QB in the class.

Anyways, Greg Paulus has unbelievable feet for a QB, honestly surreal, this could work out for Michigan in a big way.

wicket
04-18-2009, 04:25 AM
but it wont work out for michigan cause they stopped the soap opera it was becoming
link (http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=143&p=2&c=857470)

P-L
04-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Michigan was never serious about Paulus in the way he thought they were. He was NEVER going to be given a chance to start. It was going to be an uphill battle for him to even grab the #2 job.

QB - AJ Derby 5*
QB - Hutson Mason 3*
RB - Andre Dawson 4*
RB - James White 3*
WR - Tony Jones 3*
WR - Corey Reeder 3*
T - James Kohler 3*
DE - Tobi Okenymi 3*
DE - Matt Hoch 3*
OLB - James Morris 3*
MLB - Austin Gray 4*
S - Isaiah Lewis 3*
ATH - Brandon Scherff 3*

A.J. Derby is a 4* on Rivals and 3* on Scout.
Austin Gray is NR on Rivals and a 3* on Scout.
Jim Poggi is NR on both sites.

I guess it's now cool to make up stars that don't exist, right?

wicket
04-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Michigan was never serious about Paulus in the way he thought they were. He was NEVER going to be given a chance to start. It was going to be an uphill battle for him to even grab the #2 job.

A.J. Derby is a 4* on Rivals and 3* on Scout.
Austin Gray is NR on Rivals and a 3* on Scout.
Jim Poggi is NR on both sites.

I guess it's now cool to make up stars that don't exist, right?

jep i already talked about that. First he says that stars dont matter and then he "projects" (note the sarcastic quotation marks) them.

Jonny
04-18-2009, 02:47 PM

QB - AJ Derby 5*
QB - Hutson Mason 3*
RB - Andre Dawson 4*
RB - James White 3*
WR - Tony Jones 3*
WR - Corey Reeder 3*
T - James Kohler 3*
DE - Tobi Okenymi 3*
DE - Matt Hoch 3*
OLB - James Morris 3*
MLB - Austin Gray 4*
S - Isaiah Lewis 3*
ATH - Brandon Scherff 3*

Rigg is going to Rutgers, and you'll only get Reeder if someone else doesn't offer.

sbh15
04-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Gerald Christian will apparently commit at his high school's spring game because he couldn't make it today. Pernell Williams committed to Florida without a committable offer, btw.

ToldLikeItIs
04-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Feel pretty good about Rigg.

Star estimation, like I said, and I'm not using scouts ratings.

kwilk103
04-18-2009, 04:19 PM
s mike dorsey and olb darion rogers to wvu

Sniper
04-18-2009, 04:21 PM
s mike dorsey and olb darion rogers to wvu

Davion Rogers. Might want to learn the names of the people that are going to play for you.

jballa838
04-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Ok, everyone listen to this. Quit drooling over your petty Big 10 battles over 3 stars.

JAKE HEAPS IS DOWN TO HIS TOP 5 AND UW IS IN IT!!!!!!!

link: http://www.kjram.com/pages/huskies_top_stories.html

and what he said on kjr today:

and announced that he has officially narrowed his choices of schools from 10 down to five.

Heaps said that the schools include, in no particular order:

Brigham Young
California
LSU
Tennessee
Washington

Heaps gave a brief description of why each school was still in the running.

On BYU: "It's a school that is of my faith. It is a school that I have a very unique opportunity to represent my faith, but also coach (Bronco) Mendenhall has done a great job with that school. In a four year period, there's only, I think, about six or seven schools that have won more or as many games as they have."

On California: "Coach (Jeff) Tedford is an awesome quarterback coach. He has a great program down there. They always have a great line. Just the education part of it is fantastic."

On LSU: "It's big time football. It's in the SEC. I really like coach (Les) Miles and coach (Gary) Crowton. I believe coach Crowton has a great offensive mind and they're always near the top:

On Tennessee: "I really believe in coach (Lane) Kiffin and their staff and what they're trying to do down there. I believe that they're going to get the talent around there. The community support and everything down there is just unbelievable. They have one of the nicest facilities in the country and their fan base is telling them it's not good enough. So they're getting it all revamped. They're getting $80 million new facilites and everything. I enjoy the offense and I believe in who I'm going to be coached by and I believe who I'm going to be coached by is going to coach me up real well."

On Washington: "It's the home town school. I get to spend time with you guys (Dawgman) everyday. I get to spend time with my friends and family and play in front of everybody who knows me and just have that neat experience of staying home. I really do believe in (coach Steve) Sark(isian) and the coaching staff and what they're doing and I really believe they are going to get things done."

Heaps is the top recruit in the country according to Scout.com

so legit. UW is in the top 5! He is looking to commit by mid may.

BRAVEHEART
04-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Ok, everyone listen to this. Quit drooling over your petty Big 10 battles over 3 stars.

JAKE HEAPS IS DOWN TO HIS TOP 5 AND UW IS IN IT!!!!!!!

link: http://www.kjram.com/pages/huskies_top_stories.html

and what he said on kjr today:

so legit. UW is in the top 5! He is looking to commit by mid may.

If he doesn't end up at BYU or UW, expect him to be in Tenn.

Hines
04-18-2009, 04:31 PM
I think Dorsey will be a solid in the box type of safety in college. Needs to work on his speed, though.

Davion Rogers has a great frame to grow into a rush backer or a DE in the defense.

I like those gets for WVU.

jballa838
04-18-2009, 04:34 PM
If he doesn't end up at BYU or UW, expect him to be in Tenn.
here is how i see it.
1. UW - Hometown, family can watch him, and he likes the direction coach sark is putting them in.
2. BYU - He is LDS. He likes Bronco and likes the program. He should hate the weather and lack of diversity.
3. Tenn - Kiffin is a sick recruiter, but I dont see him going to the south.
4. Cal - Really only has Tedford as the only thing working for them. No shot
5. LSU - Plethora of QB's already, so I don't think he'll add on to that.

BRAVEHEART
04-18-2009, 04:37 PM
here is how i see it.
1. UW - Hometown, family can watch him, and he likes the direction coach sark is putting them in.
2. BYU - He is LDS. He likes Bronco and likes the program. He should hate the weather and lack of diversity.
3. Tenn - Kiffin is a sick recruiter, but I dont see him going to the south.
4. Cal - Really only has Tedford as the only thing working for them. No shot
5. LSU - Plethora of QB's already, so I don't think he'll add on to that.

Btw, post this in the Pac thread, let's keep that ish alive.

jballa838
04-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Btw, post this in the Pac thread, let's keep that ish alive.
k will do. I think the main deterrence of Tennessee will be in fact Lane Kiffin. The Heaps' don't want their son mentored by Lane Kiffin.

BRAVEHEART
04-18-2009, 04:43 PM
k will do. I think the main deterrence of Tennessee will be in fact Lane Kiffin. The Heaps' don't want their son mentored by Lane Kiffin.

That's word on the street?

bearsfan_51
04-18-2009, 04:45 PM
I think it's hilarious when Mormons think they are representing their faith by playing for BYU.

BRAVEHEART
04-18-2009, 04:46 PM
I think it's hilarious when Mormons think they are representing their faith by playing for BYU.

Are you mormon?

bearsfan_51
04-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Are you mormon?
No, but I am logical.

BRAVEHEART
04-18-2009, 04:50 PM
No, but I am logical.

I just think (that they think) they'll be comfortable over there. It's always great going to a place where people are like you.

jballa838
04-18-2009, 04:56 PM
well when the university is named after the second prophet in your church's history (brigham young) and the majority of the campus is LDS (tuition is double for non members) you tend to think that religion factors into their decision. I personally think its a load of BS too, but it's not like they are not representing the LDS religion whenever people see BYU play.

Jonny
04-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Feel pretty good about Rigg.

Just like you did about Justin Brown. Not happening.

bearsfan_51
04-18-2009, 05:13 PM
but it's not like they are not representing the LDS religion whenever people see BYU play.
Actually, that's exactly what it is. Unless somewhere in the book of Mormon there is a passage about winning football games.

It's the same thing with Notre Dame. The merging of religion and sports in general is just weird, but particularly when you think that somehow you are playing on behalf of your particular God.

Ok, end rent.

keylime_5
04-18-2009, 05:17 PM
this all brings back memories of that south park episode about the mormons.

BRAVEHEART
04-18-2009, 06:04 PM
San Marcos (Calif.) Palomar Community College offensive tackle Brice Schwab commited to the USC Trojans today.

At 6'8 320...this dude is big.

CashmoneyDrew
04-18-2009, 06:31 PM

If he's telling the truth when he says he wants to take his game to the NFL level, he'll give Tennessee more consideration than you're giving them credit for.

Tennessee plays in the SEC, he would have more talent around him at Tennessee early on, he'll have a great opportunity to start as a true freshman.

Tennessee is definitely top 3 at this point if not top 2. No doubt UW is probably in the lead, I just think it's not a huge gap.

BigJohn98
04-18-2009, 06:58 PM
It appears that it is unlikely that Willie Downs and CJ Mizell will qualify. Huge blow for us, especially with Downs. We need safety help bad.

BRAVEHEART
04-18-2009, 07:31 PM
It appears that it is unlikely that Willie Downs and CJ Mizell will not qualify. Huge blow for us, especially with Downs. We need safety help bad.

So I'm guessing that they won't qualify? Will FSU keep them, or will they open up and go elsewhere?

BigJohn98
04-18-2009, 07:52 PM
So I'm guessing that they won't qualify? Will FSU keep them, or will they open up and go elsewhere?

They were in the 09 class and I didn't know where else to post it. They will most likely go to prep school or JUCO. And yeah, they won't qualify. Guess I need to change that, haha.

JRTPlaya21
04-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah I noticed that BigJohn but I knew what you were trying to say.

P-L
04-18-2009, 08:15 PM
this all brings back memories of that south park episode about the mormons.
What's the story with Darryl Baldwin? Is he still a lock to Ohio State? About a month ago all I heard was the he was going to commit to the Buckeyes in a couple days and then nothing happened. Now I've heard speculation that he was told he had to wait to commit because Ohio State might not have rooom in their class. Is there any truth to that rumor?

steelernation77
04-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Just like you did about Justin Brown. Not happening.

This is why this thread is stupid. It's just a bunch of people making claims that they have no evidence to support.

kwilk103
04-18-2009, 08:35 PM
zack allen, antonio ford, ricardo young, latwan anderson were among the recruits at the game

tx qb jeremy johnson, who many expected to committ, could not make it as his flight was canceled; should be up either during one of our camps, or during the season

JRTPlaya21
04-18-2009, 08:53 PM
It's a recruiting thread. People post links where they can and if not just do a little digging. Not to mention it was Told who made that earlier claim.

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
04-18-2009, 09:07 PM
BJ BUTLER to UGA

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/878/786863.jpg

Sniper
04-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Butler was merely a matter of time for UGA.

BRAVEHEART
04-18-2009, 09:50 PM
They were in the 09 class and I didn't know where else to post it. They will most likely go to prep school or JUCO. And yeah, they won't qualify. Guess I need to change that, haha.

So are they going to open up their recruitment after prep/JUCO, or are they coming back to FSU?

BigJohn98
04-18-2009, 11:00 PM
So are they going to open up their recruitment after prep/JUCO, or are they coming back to FSU?

They'll be at FSU. They are both die-hard Noles.

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-19-2009, 01:40 AM
It would seem that '10 MI QB Robert Bolden is really interested in PSU...said he loved his PSU visit and hopes to make a return visit as well as catch a game. Hung out with the coaches, players, got his picture taken with Joe, toured the campus. I find it odd that we invited three QBs the same weekend ('10 PA QB Paul Jones - PSU "commit", '10 MI QB Robert Bolden, '10 VA QB Montel White). I want to keep PJ, who wouldn't as he is a 5* QB on scout, but at this point my hopes have been slightly elevated with regard to Bolden. Newsome and PJ apparently struck up a friendship as well, got along really well so that is a bonus...and of course '09 5* OT Eric Shrive was up at PSU yet again. ;) Love the Shrive.

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-19-2009, 02:54 AM
It'd be nice if PSU could get in on Clifton Richardson for '11...any Hokies know anything about him? Same HS as former PSU CB and longtime NFL vet David Macklin.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt_recruitcolumn_0419apr19,0,7531160.column

BamaFalcon59
04-19-2009, 04:42 AM
I'm pretty sure I heard something about Richardson, but I'm not sure what. We have interest in a few 2011 QBs, despite probably getting two this year.

Our primary target will probably be Lefante Thourogood (spelling) from Ocean Lakes, same highschool as Marcus Davis and Justin Hunter.

wicket
04-19-2009, 06:15 AM
A couple (not much, more will prolly drip on over the upcoming days) of updates from ND's spring game.
- Kyle Prater and Corey Cooper were pleasantly suprised. Since they sort of seem to be a two for one deal in ND's case we'll see how that works out. Dont expect anything to happen soon though.
- ND seems to be a frontrunner for Matt James and James Stone although its not a done deal for either.
- Khairi Fortt loved ND but doesnt seem to be a big fan of tenuta. that could hurt us and could even mean he commits next week at psu imo.
- Justin McCay, Cody Riggs, Lo Wood, Nick Montana, Spencer Boyd and James Stone all stayed for an extra day. If there are any commits to be expected look at those guys (not all of them obviously)

Every recruit said they had a great/terrific time but dont they always say that. dont hold much value in that.

P-L
04-19-2009, 09:13 AM
Michigan gets a commitment from MD LB Javarie Johnson. He's a 3* player with impressive film and a decent offer list (UConn, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State, and West Virginia).

bearsfan_51
04-19-2009, 10:10 AM
USC finally offered Seantrel. No idea what took them so long.

Hines
04-19-2009, 10:14 AM
A couple (not much, more will prolly drip on over the upcoming days) of updates from ND's spring game.
- Kyle Prater and Corey Cooper were pleasantly suprised. Since they sort of seem to be a two for one deal in ND's case we'll see how that works out. Dont expect anything to happen soon though.
- ND seems to be a frontrunner for Matt James and James Stone although its not a done deal for either.
- Khairi Fortt loved ND but doesnt seem to be a big fan of tenuta. that could hurt us and could even mean he commits next week at psu imo.
- Justin McCay, Cody Riggs, Lo Wood, Nick Montana, Spencer Boyd and James Stone all stayed for an extra day. If there are any commits to be expected look at those guys (not all of them obviously)

Every recruit said they had a great/terrific time but dont they always say that. dont hold much value in that.

I do too think Fortt will commit to Penn State next week with his good friend Silas Redd. It would be a great day if those two commited.

Michigan gets a commitment from MD LB Javarie Johnson. He's a 3* player with impressive film and a decent offer list (UConn, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State, and West Virginia).

I too loved his film. He will be a solid rush backer.

wicket
04-19-2009, 10:23 AM
I do too think Fortt will commit to Penn State next week with his good friend Silas Redd. It would be a great day if those two commited.

I too loved his film. He will be a solid rush backer.

i've read a bit more about his visit and am back to thinking we have a decent shot. I still think psu is the team to beat but im less convinced that we've lost him than a couple of hours ago

Newbs24
04-19-2009, 11:51 AM
Seems to be some confusion with the Johnson commitment. Michigan insiders haven't confirmed it but Bob L has said a coach from Dunbar told him. I guess its a wait and see to actually hear it from Johnson. Looks to have some nice film. Has a great frame and could be a high reward type player. Good pickup if true.

ND feels pretty confident about Lo Wood. Still hearing that Michigan is way out in front and with all the Florida commits/players they have gotten the past year and change, can't see him anywhere but at Michigan.

P-L
04-19-2009, 12:41 PM
I guess Johnson didn't commit. I guess there was some confusion with what he told his coach.

sbh15
04-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Butler was merely a matter of time for UGA.

He was actually heavily leaning toward UF until about a month ago.

Sniper
04-19-2009, 05:06 PM
He was actually heavily leaning toward UF until about a month ago.

Sorry. I should have said "a matter of time after Deas committed to UGA".

sbh15
04-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Sorry. I should have said "a matter of time after Deas committed to UGA".

I didn't mean to say you were wrong, I was just saying it's funny considering he was such a strong lean to Florida that short of a time ago.

bigbenn
04-19-2009, 10:36 PM
I hope Johnson doesn't commit to Michigan. Hopefully he sees that there are 2 1st round picks from his school that have found success at Illinois (Benn, Vontae Davis), and several more that will be starters/ possible NFL players (Nate Bussey, Reggie Ellis, and keep an eye on Ugo Uzodinma...he has BIG time potential as a DT or a 3-4 type of end...6'5, 270 pounds and growing).

His coach wants to show other schools that his players aren't automatically going to Illinois, so as a result Deon Long went to WVU last year, and Johnson may go somewhere else this year. I understand he wants his kids to be as recruited as possible and wants as many kids recruited as possible, but college coaches shouldn't be mad if the players like Illinois. They shouldn't threaten to stop "wasting their time" recruiting at Dunbar because of that.

BPhilb
04-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Missouri picked up a couple of big guys this weekend after our spring game:

Mitch Morse: Not much about him on the recruiting sites, but he's an OT from Texas that's 6-6 282 lbs.

Lucas Vincent: A DT from Kansas who we a really excited about. He 6'3 270 lbs. and apparently pretty athletic.

We've done a great job in the last couple of years of really building our lines on both sides of the ball.

BWillie,

Any word on Marcus Lucas's visit with you guys? We think we lead on him and really want him hear but he threw a curveball heading to the Nebraska spring game over ours. He's a guy worth fighting over and I'm not real comfortable with him heading up there.

bwillie26
04-20-2009, 12:17 AM
BWillie,

Any word on Marcus Lucas's visit with you guys? We think we lead on him and really want him hear but he threw a curveball heading to the Nebraska spring game over ours. He's a guy worth fighting over and I'm not real comfortable with him heading up there.

Unless Lucas stretches out his process, he should be all Mizzou.

If Daddy Gabbert (he loves Shawn Watson for some reason) convinces Tyler to go to Nebraska and Keeston Terry commits as expected, then we may have a much better shot. But even then, I still think the draw to Mizzou for him is still there and he cannot get away from it.

I think his mom and coaches made it up for the game. So maybe I am underestimating our chances. But I've only heard that he is a complete longshot so that's all I can go on.

BPhilb
04-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Unless Lucas stretches out his process, he should be all Mizzou.

If Daddy Gabbert (he loves Shawn Watson for some reason) convinces Tyler to go to Nebraska and Keeston Terry commits as expected, then we may have a much better shot. But even then, I still think the draw to Mizzou for him is still there and he cannot get away from it.

I think his mom and coaches made it up for the game. So maybe I am underestimating our chances. But I've only heard that he is a complete longshot so that's all I can go on.

Yeah, I've heard that on Gabbert's dad. He isn't nearly as ready entering college as his brother, but has some decent long term potential. I'm not losing sleep over Gabbert and figure it's a coin flip at this point. I'm suprised that you say Terry is an expected commit because most Mizzou folks seem to have a feel that he is an MU lean with KU a very close 2nd. I've heard your in the mix but didn't know it was that serious. He's a big kid and going to make someone a nice receiver. Thanks for the info on Lucas. I'm really hoping he comes here and was nervous of him making the trip north. Let me know if you hear anything else.

bwillie26
04-20-2009, 04:36 AM
Yeah, I've heard that on Gabbert's dad. He isn't nearly as ready entering college as his brother, but has some decent long term potential. I'm not losing sleep over Gabbert and figure it's a coin flip at this point. I'm suprised that you say Terry is an expected commit because most Mizzou folks seem to have a feel that he is an MU lean with KU a very close 2nd. I've heard your in the mix but didn't know it was that serious. He's a big kid and going to make someone a nice receiver. Thanks for the info on Lucas. I'm really hoping he comes here and was nervous of him making the trip north. Let me know if you hear anything else.

Yeah, I don't know the infatuation that the Gabbert's father has with our OC, but he loves him for some reason. I mean, the guy tried to get Blaine to switch back to Nebraska late in the game but Blaine refused.

I actually really like Tyler. I think if he were 2-3 inches taller he would have offers from everyone. But even still, at his little size, dude has a cannon on him. He's really like a 6'0 185lbs version of his brother. Only thing is with Tyler, he will probably have to work constantly out of the gun wherever he goes unless he hits a growth spurt.

But yeah, I would say Nebraska leads for Terry. I've heard the only team really competing with Nebraska right now is Kansas and that is thanks to Terry's father.

wicket
04-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Its not a done deal but Notre Dame looks to be in a good shape to snatch a trio of defensive backs in Lo Wood, Cody Riggs and Spencer Boys. The three are in good shape and Boyd admitted to be close to committing when offered and hesatating to commit at the spring game but is taking time a bit back home to be "100 percent sure".
Personally I expect him to commit in the next couple of weeks and Cody and perhaps Lo to follow him in the summer.
Would be sweet to grab those guys. All of them have impressive offer lists although none of them are ranked. But I'll give a sample of the offers just to show you why I'd be more than content to get them.
Riggs: ND(obviously), pOSU, USC(east), WF, FSU, Miami, and a few more
Wood: ND, Ga Tech, Michigan, Stanford, Virginia
Boyd: Duke, Michigan, Vandy, Stanford, Ole Miss(but then again they offer everybody).

I think all three of them are at least high three star players but Joey (since you've prolly seen them and are lest biased on this part) I'd love to see how you would rate them. I say al high three stars with all of them having a shot at a fourth in order of probability riggs, boyd and then wood.

Sniper
04-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Michigan insiders seem to be pretty confident about Wood.

wicket
04-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Michigan insiders seem to be pretty confident about Wood.

until our spring game i would say they were right but it now seems more of a situation where the three of them want to go to school together and all of them were blown away by the visit

Newbs24
04-20-2009, 11:18 AM
until our spring game i would say they were right but it now seems more of a situation where the three of them want to go to school together and all of them were blown away by the visit

We'll see how Lo feels after the summer when he plans on camping here. Early reports were that he would commit the next time he visited. I know he stopped by Michigan on Sunday but just to look at a few things before his flight left. I feel somewhat confident about him but recruiting is always a weird situation. I would want Cullen and Dior over and also Robey but would not turn away his commitment. Still quite a few good prospects out there in the secondary for us to snag if Lo doesn't work out. Kid can play from what I have heard though.

kwilk103
04-20-2009, 11:20 AM
sucks wvu didnt offer boyd

he more than likely would have committed if he had one

P-L
04-20-2009, 12:19 PM
I still think we get Lo, unless we fill up at defensive back before he's ready to commit.

etk
04-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Its not a done deal but Notre Dame looks to be in a good shape to snatch a trio of defensive backs in Lo Wood, Cody Riggs and Spencer Boys. The three are in good shape and Boyd admitted to be close to committing when offered and hesatating to commit at the spring game but is taking time a bit back home to be "100 percent sure".
Personally I expect him to commit in the next couple of weeks and Cody and perhaps Lo to follow him in the summer.
Would be sweet to grab those guys. All of them have impressive offer lists although none of them are ranked. But I'll give a sample of the offers just to show you why I'd be more than content to get them.
Riggs: ND(obviously), pOSU, USC(east), WF, FSU, Miami, and a few more
Wood: ND, Ga Tech, Michigan, Stanford, Virginia
Boyd: Duke, Michigan, Vandy, Stanford, Ole Miss(but then again they offer everybody).

I think all three of them are at least high three star players but Joey (since you've prolly seen them and are lest biased on this part) I'd love to see how you would rate them. I say al high three stars with all of them having a shot at a fourth in order of probability riggs, boyd and then wood.

I'm really high on Riggs. If you can past his lack of size you'll see a DB that's very quick, sticks to his man and shows some physical nature in his coverage and run support. I definitely think he'll be a 4*. If Joyner is a top 5 player in this class...Riggs has to be a 4*. There's not THAT much separation between them.

sbh15
04-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Gerald Christian, Kenbrell Thompkins, James Louis and Kadron Boone should commit very soon (all to UF).

19SEP2009
04-20-2009, 07:12 PM
I hope we get all of those guys eventually. But we'll probably have to wait a while for Gerald Christian. He said in an interview this weekend that he'll take visits this summer and probably decide late summer or fall.

Here's the link to the interview article.

http://www.soflafootball.com/feature/christian-plans-unofficial-visit#more-1044

19SEP2009
04-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I think Jordan Haden committed today. to UF!

19SEP2009
04-20-2009, 07:52 PM
So while I'm writing the post above, Christian is in the act of committing to UF. Guess I'll learn not to pay attention to everything a recruit says.

Welcome aboard Gerald!

sbh15
04-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Ah we have another Gator, finally. Good to see.

Neither of those should come as any surprise at all, but they're nice to have.

kwilk103
04-20-2009, 08:13 PM
not sure how reputable this site is

http://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/wires-and-rumors-2/

Latwan Anderson ” in love with west virginia cant wait to go back I love that place.”

apparently, it's his facebook status

703SKINS202
04-20-2009, 08:18 PM
not sure how reputable this site is

http://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/wires-and-rumors-2/

Latwan Anderson in love with west virginia cant wait to go back I love that place.

apparently, it's his facebook status

That would be a great pickup for our defense.

JRTPlaya21
04-20-2009, 08:20 PM
I think Jordan Haden committed today. to UF!

http://louisianastate.scout.com/a.z?s=107&p=2&c=858364&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2flouisianastate.scout.com %2fa.z%3fs%3d107%26p%3d2%26c%3d858364

kwilk103
04-20-2009, 09:14 PM
That would be a great pickup for our defense.

felt better before he transferred to glenville

ToldLikeItIs
04-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Isaiah Lewis and Brandon Scherff by the end of finals, Hawk fans.

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Wicket....that site (tharinger) posted this RE: Khairi Fortt:

http://www.tharinger.com/Recruiting.aspx

One more tidbit from the ND spring game. Stamford(CT) LB Khairi Fortt attended and a couple ND people I've spoken with seem to think they pulled even w/ Penn State after the visit. I'm hearing the exact opposite. I'm being told along w/ Silas Redd, Fortt is now seriously considering committing to PSU next weekend.

Sniper
04-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Michigan offered Told's boyfriend A.J Derby.

wicket
04-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Wicket....that site (tharinger) posted this RE: Khairi Fortt:

http://www.tharinger.com/Recruiting.aspx

One more tidbit from the ND spring game. Stamford(CT) LB Khairi Fortt attended and a couple ND people I've spoken with seem to think they pulled even w/ Penn State after the visit. I'm hearing the exact opposite. I'm being told along w/ Silas Redd, Fortt is now seriously considering committing to PSU next weekend.

jep , we'll see what happens. For ND the situation is he loves corwin brown but doesnt much care for john tenuta it seems.
I'd love to grab him and i think we are the second horse in the race but i dont have much hope.

iowatreat54
04-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Isaiah Lewis and Brandon Scherff by the end of finals, Hawk fans.

I thought I read that Scherff isn't committing until fall, mainly because he wants to see gameday atmosphere of schools other than Iowa St.

kwilk103
04-21-2009, 06:55 PM
florida guys,

how good is qb mark leal? i know wvu is recruiting him hard

BRAVEHEART
04-21-2009, 08:28 PM
http://wearesc.com/news/story.php?article=2018

Corp named starter (as of now).

sbh15
04-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Gator stuff:
- Florida has come on strong for DE Richard Ash and apparently he has a very strong relationship with Janoris Jenkins. He might commit soon.
- Louis Nix is pretty much as solid as Miami fans could hope for right now, apparently Florida is beginning to back off, it might have something to do with that friend of his.
- Brent Benedict's time table remains the same (end of the summer), but barring anything crazy, he'll be a Gator.
- My guy tells me Corey Lemonier is Louis Nix in reverse. He wants to be a Gator but his family, friends are trying to push him to Miami.

EDIT: and despite Georgia's best efforts, Mack Brown remains a heavy Gator lean. He also might commit soon.

The next commits will almost definitely be James Louis and Kenbrell Thompkins, however.

Hollywood
04-21-2009, 10:00 PM
- Louis Nix is pretty much as solid as Miami fans could hope for right now, apparently Florida is beginning to back off, it might have something to do with that friend of his.

What friend of his? Btw, let's not put a Gator spin on this, Urban Meyer and company "backed off" when they realized they had little to no chance of taking him away from Miami. Funny how we went from him being Urban's #1 target to the Gators not wanting him anymore in the span of a month.

BamaFalcon59
04-21-2009, 10:06 PM
florida guys,

how good is qb mark leal? i know wvu is recruiting him hard

He's a Hokie.

Pretty sure about that, unless a Florida school comes in.

19SEP2009
04-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Gator stuff:
- Florida has come on strong for DE Richard Ash and apparently he has a very strong relationship with Janoris Jenkins. He might commit soon.
- Brent Benedict's time table remains the same (end of the summer), but barring anything crazy, he'll be a Gator.
- My guy tells me Corey Lemonier is Louis Nix in reverse. He wants to be a Gator but his family, friends are trying to push him to Miami.

EDIT: and despite Georgia's best efforts, Mack Brown remains a heavy Gator lean. He also might commit soon.

The next commits will almost definitely be James Louis and Kenbrell Thompkins, however.

Looks like Tavaris Barnes may get into the fold first. Lotta noise about him right now.

ToldLikeItIs
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Future 5*/Hawkeye AJ Derby?

Yeah, that article was slanted bad by cyclonereport Treat.

iowatreat54
04-21-2009, 11:03 PM
Future 5*/Hawkeye AJ Derby?

Yeah, that article was slanted bad by cyclonereport Treat.

Well Blair also said it on Hawkeyereport, so I'm more inclined to believe that as well. Especially since Scherff said that he wants to visit Nebraska again, I'd really rather him not commit and then take a visit to someplace like Nebraska.

bwillie26
04-22-2009, 12:03 AM
^

Yeah, at one time most Nebraska insiders considered Scherff a heavy Nebraska lean. Coaches haven't been able to keep up the lead we once had though. Hopefully he does visit so we can build that relationship we once had.

Also, for Bphilb, sounds like we lead for Baby Gabbert. Tyler and his father are trying to convince momma Gabbert (who is a big Mizzou fan) to come to Lincoln so that she can meet Pelini. Sounds as if they are just wanting mom to give her blessing.

iowatreat54
04-22-2009, 12:09 AM
Well, Scherff has been mostly Iowa St., but from what I've heard he's always been very high on Nebraska but they hadn't offered until just now. So it was a battle between Iowa St. and Iowa, but now it is prolly Nebraska-Iowa. Hopefully we can keep him.

ToldLikeItIs
04-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Why would either admin disclose premium info on the free board?

Iowa has a very nice lead with Scherff, and it's only a matter of time.

wicket
04-22-2009, 01:10 AM

doesnt matter he already named ND his #2

BRAVEHEART
04-22-2009, 01:15 AM
If you're not first, you're last.

bwillie26
04-22-2009, 02:02 AM
Well, Scherff has been mostly Iowa St., but from what I've heard he's always been very high on Nebraska but they hadn't offered until just now. So it was a battle between Iowa St. and Iowa, but now it is prolly Nebraska-Iowa. Hopefully we can keep him.

Nah. Scherff was offered about 2 months ago during our 'Junior Day'.

Our coaches are freaks when it comes to kids coming in, getting measured to make sure they are actually the height and weight they have listed, plus have Dobson (S&C coach) look at their frame to determine what kind of weight they could possibly put on. After the coaches got Scherff in, they offered on the spot.

Unfortunately for us, we have Barney Cotton as our OL coach. Dude costs us more recruits than he gets us simply because he is a complete moron when it comes to relating to kids. He attempts to be 'cool', but comes off like a complete loser to all these kids.

iowatreat54
04-22-2009, 02:05 AM
Why would either admin disclose premium info on the free board?

Iowa has a very nice lead with Scherff, and it's only a matter of time.

Because someone asked when he was going to commit, and Blair said that last he heard he was waiting until fall to visit Nebraska and Iowa on football Saturdays. I don't think there's anything wrong with what he said.

I hope we lead for him, but I'm still wary of any "commit" visiting Nebraska for a game, especially when it's been said that he definitely has interest in them. I just don't trust that potential visit.

wicket
04-22-2009, 03:48 AM
If you're not first, you're last.

thats not what i meant. He made is sound that the fact that nix prolly wouldnt go to florida meant he could only go to miami. that is just not the case

draftguru151
04-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Tavadis Glenn committing to UM defintely helped sure up Nix. (I'm guessing that's the friend sbh was talking about)

wicket
04-22-2009, 11:09 AM
nick montana skipping the pOSU spring game makes me more confident he'll come to ND after all.

ESPforMe
04-22-2009, 01:18 PM
nick montana skipping the pOSU spring game makes me more confident he'll come to ND after all.
I can't help but laugh at this a little bit. I hope he does go to ND and not OSU.

wicket
04-22-2009, 01:27 PM
I can't help but laugh at this a little bit. I hope he does go to ND and not OSU.

I am fine with him. Some people just underrate him cuz of his last name and some overrate him prolly for the same reason. He is a steady four star guy imo, nothing more but certainly nothing less either.
The most recent thing I've read is that IF he doenst go to ND he would go down south(was on rivals apparently).

ESPforMe
04-22-2009, 02:00 PM
I am fine with him. Some people just underrate him cuz of his last name and some overrate him prolly for the same reason. He is a steady four star guy imo, nothing more but certainly nothing less either.
The most recent thing I've read is that IF he doenst go to ND he would go down south(was on rivals apparently).
Oh, I think he's a solid player. Just laughing that he won't go to OSU when they put all their eggs in his basket.

keylime_5
04-22-2009, 03:24 PM
well they didn't want devin gardner, too similar to braxton miller (2011) but not quite as good. They went all in with Montana, and if that doesn't work out they'll try their hand at some longshots like Sims and Godfrey. Realistically though, if they don't get Montana they'll get Cincinnati QB Andrew Hendrix who would be a project, but he has some big offers from the Big 12, Big East, and other BCS schools.

Sniper
04-22-2009, 03:26 PM
well they didn't want devin gardner, too similar to braxton miller (2011) but not quite as good. They went all in with Montana, and if that doesn't work out they'll try their hand at some longshots like Sims and Godfrey. Realistically though, if they don't get Montana they'll get Cincinnati QB Andrew Hendrix who would be a project, but he has some big offers from the Big 12, Big East, and other BCS schools.

Which Sims? They're both committed to Alabama.