PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

sbh15
04-22-2009, 03:34 PM
What friend of his? Btw, let's not put a Gator spin on this, Urban Meyer and company "backed off" when they realized they had little to no chance of taking him away from Miami. Funny how we went from him being Urban's #1 target to the Gators not wanting him anymore in the span of a month.

Uh, no chance at a guy who took multiple visits to Florida in the span of a month AND lives in Jacksonville? Yeah, let's be real here. Florida backed off because Miami held on to him. Props to you guys for stealing one of Florida's best out of the Gators' back yard.

BamaFalcon59
04-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Great pickup for the Hokies today.

19SEP2009
04-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Can someone please help me out here with a few questions.

In the last week or so, UF has had two recruits indicate they were accepting offers (Pernell Williams and Tavaris Barnes) only to have it reported that their offers were "non-commitable".

What is a non-committable offer and why is it different than a commitable offer?

What is the trigger for leading information sources like rivals and espn to publish a verbal commit. Does the school need to confirm or do they get it from the recruit or his representative?

keylime_5
04-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Which Sims? They're both committed to Alabama.

Phillip. Doesn't matter anyway, they're not gonna get a top name this year if it isn't Montana most likely. Montana or Hendrix, or bust.

sbh15
04-22-2009, 04:35 PM

In the last week or so, UF has had two recruits indicate they were accepting offers (Pernell Williams and Tavaris Barnes) only to have it reported that their offers were "non-commitable".

What is a non-committable offer and why is it different than a commitable offer?

What is the trigger for leading information sources like rivals and espn to publish a verbal commit. Does the school need to confirm or do they get it from the recruit or his representative?

Tavaris Barnes is READY to commit, but hasn't yet. Pernell Williams committed without even having anything to commit with.

JRTPlaya21
04-22-2009, 04:35 PM

Who did we get?

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Bama, who did the Hokies pick up?

BPhilb
04-22-2009, 04:45 PM
^

Yeah, at one time most Nebraska insiders considered Scherff a heavy Nebraska lean. Coaches haven't been able to keep up the lead we once had though. Hopefully he does visit so we can build that relationship we once had.

Also, for Bphilb, sounds like we lead for Baby Gabbert. Tyler and his father are trying to convince momma Gabbert (who is a big Mizzou fan) to come to Lincoln so that she can meet Pelini. Sounds as if they are just wanting mom to give her blessing.

Wouldn't suprise me with Gabbert. We are loaded with young QB's right now and already have one signed in this class and the state is stacked in 2011 so many of us Mizzou fans have thought it would probably be wise for him to move somewhere else (which we assumed would be you guys). Like I said before I really like his long term potential, he doesn't have the same physical tools of his brother at the same stage, but has great mechanics to be a good one. I'm not going to like the idea of facing him in the future if this works out.

BamaFalcon59
04-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Who did we get?

Bama, who did the Hokies pick up?

OT Mark Shuman.

Almost definite Rivals250 once his film gets up.

JRTPlaya21
04-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Great pickup. Thought I read he would decide this weekend? Nvm

BamaFalcon59
04-22-2009, 05:13 PM
He wanted to do it this weekend, but someone leaked the info.

Hokie_Pokie08
04-22-2009, 05:59 PM

Definitely. Great get and can't wait for Gentry to get his hands on him and beef him up some.

BamaFalcon59
04-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah. Strength is really the only thing he needs. Great size, technique, and athleticism for a left tackle.

Hollywood
04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Uh, no chance at a guy who took multiple visits to Florida in the span of a month AND lives in Jacksonville? Yeah, let's be real here. Florida backed off because Miami held on to him. Props to you guys for stealing one of Florida's best out of the Gators' back yard.

That's the point I am making. Florida had him ranked as their #1 target (or that was the word at least coming from the UF 'insiders') when they thought they had a chance because of those factors, but know that they are finally realizing they don't have a chance and he is all Miami they are backing off, making it seem like they aren't even recruiting him IE they don't want him anymore...

bwillie26
04-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Wouldn't suprise me with Gabbert. We are loaded with young QB's right now and already have one signed in this class and the state is stacked in 2011 so many of us Mizzou fans have thought it would probably be wise for him to move somewhere else (which we assumed would be you guys). Like I said before I really like his long term potential, he doesn't have the same physical tools of his brother at the same stage, but has great mechanics to be a good one. I'm not going to like the idea of facing him in the future if this works out.

The even brighter spot is when/if Gabbert commits, Terry will VERY likely follow right after. Terry came close to committing after the Spring Game, but having one of his close friends (they play 7on7 together) will push him even harder to commit.

Now if that happened and they got to work on Marcus Lucas .. :)

BTW, I'm dreaming when it comes to Marcus Lucas, but I can still hope.

Hines
04-22-2009, 08:44 PM
OT James Hurst to UNC. Nice get for Davis.

sbh15
04-22-2009, 08:53 PM
That's the point I am making. Florida had him ranked as their #1 target (or that was the word at least coming from the UF 'insiders') when they thought they had a chance because of those factors, but know that they are finally realizing they don't have a chance and he is all Miami they are backing off, making it seem like they aren't even recruiting him IE they don't want him anymore...

Just because they didn't make the pull didn't mean they didn't have a chance...

Does that mean every team that misses on a recruit never had a chance?

Hurst to UNC is a surprise IMO. I thought he'd go to Bama or something, I didn't know UNC was even in it.

BRAVEHEART
04-23-2009, 03:40 AM
Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman tight end Xavier Grimble will decide this friday.

I hope USC picks up this guy, I feel he's one of the top 10 prospects this year.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/XAVIERGRIMBLE4_21150.JPG

IrishTrojan
04-23-2009, 06:56 AM
lock to usc. in the bank

JoeyJr09
04-23-2009, 07:35 AM
thats not what i meant. He made is sound that the fact that nix prolly wouldnt go to florida meant he could only go to miami. that is just not the case

Anyone that has any knowledge of the the kid's recruitment knows that is absolutely the case. Despite what Domers like to think, this kid is not going anywhere but Miami or UF.

BTW...I don't buy that UF backing off crap. They will be on him til NSD. What team do you know that backs off their number 1 target? They are just laying low because they know he is firm to us at the moment.

The backing off crap is just fans trying to save face, no way Meyer is backing off. Since when does he recruit like that?

JoeyJr09
04-23-2009, 07:39 AM

Basically the offer list of rivals are just rumors and tips from sources. Most of it is from what the kid says have offer which has been written about numerous times because kids lie in order to get their name out there more.

Teams cannot comment on players or offers.

BTW...from my understanding, Barnes did try to commit to the Gators. They made him a verbal offer (non-commitable) and he wanted to commit. They told him to wait until he gets his written offer (commitable) because they wanted him to think it over because of all the "ballers" Urban says he's bringing in. Barnes family agreed with Meyer to wait and that's the story I've heard.

JoeyJr09
04-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Xavier Grimble to USC

HindSight
04-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Oh, I think he's a solid player. Just laughing that he won't go to OSU when they put all their eggs in his basket.
It's a bad thing to tell a kid "You're on the top of our board, so we're only recruiting you until you tell us no"?

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Yeah. Strength is really the only thing he needs. Great size, technique, and athleticism for a left tackle.

That is a really good "get"...I get confused though, did this kids father play at Tech or was that another '10 OLineman?

----

PSU OL recruiting is really confusing this year. We don't seem to be really going after anyone hard. Betancourt either lost interest or we slowed pursuit, Graham still only has a verbal offer and a poster that gives off the vibe of being a family member is pretty aggressive/pushy on the scout boards when it comes to Graham/PSU. I'm hoping we can get in on K. Kolb since we've offered but I don't know much about this VA OLineman.

draftguru151
04-23-2009, 09:42 AM
I think his dad is a coach at one of the prep schools.

ToldLikeItIs
04-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Treat, Steeler

Isaiah Lewis is going to be a huge pickup for us. He recently ran a 4.44 forty, 4.09 shuttle, put up 16 reps, and looked great in position drills at 5'11 195 in a UA camp.

He'll be the first player in awhile to spurn an Ohio State offer for us early.

HindSight
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Is this another kid that doesn't actually have an OSU offer?

edit: yep.

Sniper
04-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Treat, Steeler

Isaiah Lewis is going to be a huge pickup for us. He recently ran a 4.44 forty, 4.09 shuttle, put up 16 reps, and looked great in position drills at 5'11 195 in a UA camp.

He'll be the first player in awhile to spurn an Ohio State offer for us early.

He doesn't have an Ohio State offer.

ToldLikeItIs
04-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Poggi is listed on Ohio State's buckeyegrove site with an Ohio State offer.
He has one.

Lewis is visiting soon, and should receive on one his visit.

Treat, Steeler

We have a lot of scholarships to give this year, and honestly have the interest to sign a class of 25 moderately to highly ranked kids.

Despite what you may read, like JoeyJr talks with Nix, and all of these Florida prospects, everyone knows Aj Derby is going to Iowa.

NOLA
04-23-2009, 11:53 AM
From what I hear LSU is in the lead for the best receiver in Virginia Justin Hunter.

P-L
04-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Lewis is visiting soon, and should receive on one his visit.
So you're just ASSuming he's getting an offer, right?

Sniper
04-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Poggi is listed on Ohio State's buckeyegrove site with an Ohio State offer.
He has one.

No, he doesn't. Any kid can tell Rivals and Scout that he has an offer. We've been through this with the random kid that claimed offers from Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State etc...and was some scrub. If you want to know whether a kid has an Ohio State offer, you go to BuckeyePlanet.

BuckeyePlanet tracks OSU recruiting like a hawk with OCD

Seriously, they do. If BP and RecruitingPlanet don't have him listed as an offer, he doesn't have an offer.

JRTPlaya21
04-23-2009, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE=PENNSTATEHOMER;1618030]That is a really good "get"...I get confused though, did this kids father play at Tech or was that another '10 OLineman?

His older brother Ryan used to play for us.
----

JRTPlaya21
04-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Xavier Grimble to USC isn't official yet.

HindSight
04-23-2009, 12:46 PM
keylime, any other OSU fan

Ohio State is going to land Lamarcus Joyner in the next couple of days over offers from Iowa, the Minnesota Vikings and the 1985 Bears. He will be the first guy to have 6 stars, and will be ranked at #1 in both databases. He's actually going to be so highly ranked that he will be listed as #1 and #2.

None of that is true....but I wanted to feel like told for a minute.

BRAVEHEART
04-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Xavier Grimble to USC isn't official yet.

while it's probably true, it's just a rumor right now. Dude on scout took the article down (the one saying Grimble committed this friday,lol, they can tell the future) in less than an hour I think.

wicket
04-23-2009, 12:51 PM
keylime, any other OSU fan

Ohio State is going to land Lamarcus Joyner in the next couple of days over offers from Iowa, the Minnesota Vikings and the 1985 Bears. He will be the first guy to have 6 stars, and will be ranked at #1 in both databases. He's actually going to be so highly ranked that he will be listed as #1 and #2.

None of that is true....but I wanted to feel like told for a minute.

Jackson Jeffcoat is a strong ND lean and will likely be joined by his good friend lache seastrunk

HindSight
04-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Jackson Jeffcoat is a strong ND lean and will likely be joined by his good friend lache seastrunk
wow dude.....good gets for ND. Although I heard Iowa has a shot with both. I would say Iowa was #2 for them right now, and climbing.

Sniper
04-23-2009, 12:55 PM

Seantrel Henderson, Jeff Luc and Jordan Hicks are all Michigan silent verbals. Suck it, haters!

Hines
04-23-2009, 12:58 PM
wow dude.....good gets for ND. Although I heard Iowa has a shot with both. I would say Iowa was #2 for them right now, and climbing.

What are you talking about? Everyone wants to go to Iowa. It is the greatest mediocre football EVERZZZ. They will get the number one recruits in the country for the rest of eternity and they will get in trouble and Told will downplay it like always.

Geesh guys, get some new facts. Told is always right, and we are oh so wrong. Iowa is the place to be!

JRTPlaya21
04-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Seastrunk, Darius White & Dyer are silents to VT.

BRAVEHEART
04-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Can you guys stop being "told" for a second.

JRTPlaya21
04-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Yes Luther ;). I mean you are kinda immortal.

BRAVEHEART
04-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Yes Luther ;). I mean you are kinda emortal.

It's Immortal (sniper moment).

Here, have a Luther Burger.
http://docwalk.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/lutherburger.jpg

JRTPlaya21
04-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Yeah I edited it before you posted that lol.

BRAVEHEART
04-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Damn those Luther Burgers look scrumptious. I need to make myself one in the future.

fresssh
04-23-2009, 02:03 PM
Anyone that has any knowledge of the the kid's recruitment knows that is absolutely the case. Despite what Domers like to think, this kid is not going anywhere but Miami or UF.

BTW...I don't buy that UF backing off crap. They will be on him til NSD. What team do you know that backs off their number 1 target? They are just laying low because they know he is firm to us at the moment.

The backing off crap is just fans trying to save face, no way Meyer is backing off. Since when does he recruit like that?

Didnt Nix just say that now Glenn Committed that he is now done and going to Miami. I know anything could happen, but isnt that what he said?

NOLA
04-23-2009, 02:34 PM
this is so messed up.

Dude is like 21, says hes 16, jumps around from school to school when they ask for identification.. says he lost transcripts and birth certificates in the Katrina disaster.

Davis is a native of the Dominican Republic and has nine siblings. His family was displaced from the Ninth Ward in New Orleans during Hurrican Katrina. Since the Hurricane, his parents have returned to their native land and Davis has lived in Philadelphia; New Jersey; Louisiana; Maryland and now New York.

http://pelicanpreps.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=938233&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/labels/Steele%20Davis.html

sbh15
04-23-2009, 02:56 PM
They are just laying low because they know he is firm to us at the moment.

Backing off doesn't necessarily mean laying off entirely. More of I hear they're backing of right now, but as you said, Meyer doesn't give up on kids, he'll be back on him soon enough. I think for Nix it's too early in the recruiting process to even consider de-committing (not to say he would).

JoeyJr09
04-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Backing off doesn't necessarily mean laying off entirely. More of I hear they're backing of right now, but as you said, Meyer doesn't give up on kids, he'll be back on him soon enough. I think for Nix it's too early in the recruiting process to even consider de-committing (not to say he would).

There isn't anyone that expects him to even come close to decommiting now. Tavadis Glenn is his best friend and now Glenn is committed to us as well. Glenn is in the process of transferring to Raines HS so he can get used to playing with Nix before they both head to Miami next year.

Not to mention, another of Nix's really good friends, USCe commit Sean Tapley is being pretty heavily recruited by us as a CB and has pretty much already said he would pull the switch if we offer.

Nix decommiting isn't even a remote concern anymore to be honest. He isn't likely to go anywhere.

The BTW problem is a bigger issue.

Anyways, Darion Hall, Ivan McCartney and Corey Lemonier all rumored to be silent to us ATM.

ToldLikeItIs
04-23-2009, 03:39 PM
I can't apologize for Iowa's recruiting success.

Lewis is very likely to receive an offer from OSU on his visit, and both Poggi and his dad claim offers from Ohio State.

I will consult rivals before buckeyeplanet, thanks.

JoeyJr09
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM

Lewis is very likely to receive an offer from OSU on his visit, and both Poggi and his dad claim offers from Ohio State.

Rival's offer database sucks. Always wrong.

lol at Iowa and recruiting success being in the same sentence. But then again, I guess it's all relative. A top 30 class for you guys is considered success.

Sniper
04-23-2009, 03:46 PM

If you want false info, then by all means, go ahead. It seems to correlate well with your previous history.

Did Michael Schofield sign his LOI to Iowa yet? That's another one you "felt good" about.

sbh15
04-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Anyways, Darion Hall, Ivan McCartney and Corey Lemonier all rumored to be silent to us ATM.

I've heard differently on Lemonier... not that he's committed to UF, but that he really likes us but everybody around him is pushing him to UM. I'd be surprised if he were a silent to you guys.

JoeyJr09
04-23-2009, 04:43 PM
I've heard differently on Lemonier... not that he's committed to UF, but that he really likes us but everybody around him is pushing him to UM. I'd be surprised if he were a silent to you guys.

You act as if the only reason he's considering us is because everyone is pushing him here. He's been a Miami lean from the beginning. You do realize Gideon Ajagbe is the only player from Miami Dade County that UF has gotten since Dorian Monroe in 2005.

Not to mention, we didn't recruit Ajagbe and to most people down here he was seen as a reach by your guys in an effort to finally get your foot in the door anywhere in Miami Dade County.

I seriously doubt your gonna come pull a player with that we are recruiting very hard, who is being pushed to Miami and has friends and ex teammates at Miami.

We have yet to hear a single person say to worry about Lemonier and most insist he's really pretty much done to us.

BRAVEHEART
04-23-2009, 05:20 PM
USC offered Lynden Trail today, I'm surprised...but not really.

sbh15
04-23-2009, 06:31 PM
You act as if the only reason he's considering us is because everyone is pushing him here. He's been a Miami lean from the beginning. You do realize Gideon Ajagbe is the only player from Miami Dade County that UF has gotten since Dorian Monroe in 2005.

Where did I say that? I'm saying the reasons he's not as open to Florida is because of that, it's pushing him away from UF and to Miami. That's obviously not the only reason. You seem to act like Miami is in a position of power right now and that because they want a guy he's Miami's.

And nowhere have I doubted he's a Miami lean. Just because he really likes UF doesn't mean he can't like Miami. I just had a hard time believing he's actually a soft verbal.

BamaFalcon59
04-23-2009, 06:38 PM
That is a really good "get"...I get confused though, did this kids father play at Tech or was that another '10 OLineman?

----

PSU OL recruiting is really confusing this year. We don't seem to be really going after anyone hard. Betancourt either lost interest or we slowed pursuit, Graham still only has a verbal offer and a poster that gives off the vibe of being a family member is pretty aggressive/pushy on the scout boards when it comes to Graham/PSU. I'm hoping we can get in on K. Kolb since we've offered but I don't know much about this VA OLineman.

His father is a coach a Fork Union Military Acadamy (FUMA), one of the best prep schools in the nation. The highschool players don't play on the post-grad team, though.

His teammate Russell Bodine, an interior lineman (G or C), may commit to us as well.

This upcoming season FUMA has Mark Shuman and Russell Bodine on the offensive line and Nick Acree on the defensive line. Talk about talent!

That's another reason I'm so sure about Acree, he changed schools so he can play the best every day. Should help him and the rest of the team get better. Not to mention recruit Bodine for us.

IrishTrojan
04-23-2009, 06:41 PM
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/apr/23/gorman-tight-end-picks-usc//
The nationís top high school tight end has committed to play football at Southern California.

Bishop Gorman senior-to-be Xavier Grimble, who is rated by recruiting Web site Rivals.com as the nationís top tight end, said Thursday he picked Southern California over Florida and Oklahoma.

ďI liked everything about USC, especially that it was so close to home,Ē Grimble said.

The 6-foot-6, 250-pound Grimble is the third Gorman player to commit to the Pac-10 this month. Linebacker Evan Palelei and defensive end Alex Turner each committed to Stanford two weeks ago.

Grimble, who is ranked as the No. 39 overall prospect over by Rivals, caught 13 passes for 308 yards and two touchdowns in 2008. He recorded a 40-yard dash time of 4.7 seconds with a 30-inch vertical.

Grimble initially planned to announce his plans during an interview on the local Fox Sports Radio affiliate Friday.

ďEveryone knows Iím going to USC,Ē he said after Gormanís offseason workout Thursday.

Grimble will be the second Las Vegan at USC. Palo Verde senior defensive back Torin Harris signed with the Trojans in February.

Grimble, who had nearly 20 scholarship offers, canít sign until February 2010. His commitment is non-binding.

BRAVEHEART
04-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Getting tired of WeareSC Irish?

JoeyJr09
04-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Where did I say that? I'm saying the reasons he's not as open to Florida is because of that, it's pushing him away from UF and to Miami. That's obviously not the only reason. You seem to act like Miami is in a position of power right now and that because they want a guy he's Miami's.

And nowhere have I doubted he's a Miami lean. Just because he really likes UF doesn't mean he can't like Miami. I just had a hard time believing he's actually a soft verbal.

Happens to be true when it comes to Miami-Dade County.

Despite having 2 NCs, numerous 1st rounders, Heisman winners and tons of media coverage, you still haven't pulled a kid from down here since 2005. Not 1. That's going on 5 years. Why would I expect that to change now?

Our Scout guy did a study on Randy Shannons recruiting classes. I don't remember the exact number but he looked up every kid from Miami Dade County that has been offered by us and compared it to how many we actually landed. The success rate was over 90 percent.

If the kid was from Broward or Palm Beach then Id agree with you. But we are talking about a kid from Miami-Dade County. We've only had 2 of them not sign with us that we have offered (Webster and Luiget) and Luiget had some different circumstances.

Point is that for whatever reason, kids from Miami-Dade County are about as close as you can get to a lock to sign with us if we are seriously after them.

IrishTrojan
04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
not really...:rolleyes:
there best stuff was with scott and now nearly everything i see i just espn garbage. lol.
Plus im not a subscriber at Wearesc so anything garry says about recruiting i dnt really see.
just covering my bases.

BRAVEHEART
04-23-2009, 11:40 PM
not really...:rolleyes:
there best stuff was with scott and now nearly everything i see i just espn garbage. lol.
Plus im not a subscriber at Wearesc so anything garry says about recruiting i dnt really see.
just covering my bases.

To tell you the truth, I hate that site. Full of diots, homers, and bandwagoners. I like getting info from there and that's it. I think you'll enjoy posting here a whole lot more.

HindSight
04-24-2009, 08:56 AM

considering your track record....maybe you should rethink that.

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-24-2009, 09:20 AM
These would appear to be the PSU visitors this weekend, prolly subject to change...maybe some show unexpectedly, others that were expected don't show at all...who knows.

MD WR Adrian Coxson
PA ATH Brendon Felder
PA DT Sharrif Floyd
CT LB Khairi Fortt
MD ATH Josh Furman
CT ATH Christon Gill
PA OL Luke Graham
NJ TE Kevin Haplea
CT RB Silas Redd
PA DE/OLB Dakota Royer
PA QB Paul Jones ("COMMIT")
PA LB Mike Hull (COMMIT)
VA OL Khamrone Kolb

Many members of the '09 class are expected as well, particularly Eric Shrive who hasn't been at all shy about stepping in with '09/'10 kids and talking to them about PSU. Many are expecting 2 (maybe 3) commitments within a week after the B-W game...our guy 'guaranteed' two but doesn't know if it will specifically happen at the B/W game or not.

JoeyJr09
04-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Just seen a report talking about Lynden Trail's USC offer. Writers says the USC news and UF talk is just smokescreening an fun for the kid. That's he'll all Miami. Which is the way I've felt all along. He's going out of his way to seem open so that he can get offers like USC and go visit. If he says he's going to Miami, he might never get that USC offer and miss a chance to travel there.

Sean Tapley should commit to us any day now. Bout time we landed a CB. This should further cement Louis Nix. No way I see him going anywhere else now.

Larry121283
04-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Corey Lemonier = Cane
Lynden Trail = Cane if we want him, but we are recruiting him at TE, I think if you give him a chance to develop, he'll be a helluva DE.
Louis Nix = Cane, but needs to get the grades up a bit.
T-Glenn = Cane, Hurtt hooked'em good after he heard about the accident.

Ajagbe, we never recruited him anyway. It is like calling Frankie T a loss to USC, we didn't recruit him. Ajagbe isn't our type of player anyway.

etk
04-24-2009, 01:31 PM
I agree on Trail. He shows nice aggression and sets the edge well for a popsicle stick. He hustles in pursuit and plays to the whistle. He has great intangibles for a basketball player that's new to the position. I want him at DE.

Just watching and listening to Trail in interviews...it's obvious he's looking for attention and drama in his recruiting. I've been with you all along on that one Joey...he knows where he's gonna end up.

Sean Tapley....care to explain? What do you think of him?

JoeyJr09
04-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I agree on Trail. He shows nice aggression and sets the edge well for a popsicle stick. He hustles in pursuit and plays to the whistle. He has great intangibles for a basketball player that's new to the position. I want him at DE.

Just watching and listening to Trail in interviews...it's obvious he's looking for attention and drama in his recruiting. I've been with you all along on that one Joey...he knows where he's gonna end up.

Sean Tapley....care to explain? What do you think of him?

Tapley is next in line for me to see tape of. Haven't seen him yet.

But I do like his size/speed and relationship with other recruits.

BRAVEHEART
04-24-2009, 03:37 PM
I don't understand these attention *****'ish recruits....

wicket
04-24-2009, 03:45 PM
weirdest athlete in this recruiting class: Jatashun Beachum
275 lbs HS qb running a 4.6/4.7 alledgedly(sp?). Could be the sickest fullback of all time. (not that im buying the 4.7 40)

etk
04-24-2009, 05:18 PM

It's actually pretty smart from a career perspective....they get an early head start on self-marketing and publicity.

As they receive attention, 2 things happen (potentially):

- increase in internet scouting ranking
- increase in name recognition (also a result of above)

Why not draw interest in your recruiting process so more people know about you. It can only help down the road. Bryce Brown and Terrelle Pryor are way ahead of the game as far as being household names in sport.

JoeyJr09
04-24-2009, 05:33 PM
It's actually pretty smart from a career perspective....they get an early head start on self-marketing and publicity.

As they receive attention, 2 things happen (potentially):

- increase in internet scouting ranking
- increase in name recognition (also a result of above)

Why not draw interest in your recruiting process so more people know about you. It can only help down the road. Bryce Brown and Terrelle Pryor are way ahead of the game as far as being household names in sport.

So was Willie Williams.

Recruiting hype means nothing. You can try to build it all you want but the bottom line is that the only way to make yourself a household name is to do it on the field.

etk
04-24-2009, 05:37 PM
So was Willie Williams.

Recruiting hype means nothing. You can try to build it all you want but the bottom line is that the only way to make yourself a household name is to do it on the field.

Nothing is an overstatement. When Terrelle Pryor is eligible for the draft many people will go "oh that's that top recruit that waited to sign with OSU". It helps to have that recognition and past in your favor before you sign your 1st contract.

It's funny that you bring up Willie Williams because we've had a handful of threads asking about him because he was a top recruit and told those stories in the newspaper. He might not be a household name but he obviously has drawn a bit more interest than an average scrub that gets kicked out of 2/3 schools and ends up absolutely nowehere. Like I said...it helps. It's not the whole package, but it's a boost, so why not.

kwilk103
04-24-2009, 06:00 PM
willie williams draft diary is one of the greatest pieces of literature i have ever read

vatech=accdomination
04-24-2009, 06:13 PM
I think his dad is a coach at one of the prep schools.

He coaches at Fork Union.

JoeyJr09
04-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Nothing is an overstatement. When Terrelle Pryor is eligible for the draft many people will go "oh that's that top recruit that waited to sign with OSU". It helps to have that recognition and past in your favor before you sign your 1st contract.

It's funny that you bring up Willie Williams because we've had a handful of threads asking about him because he was a top recruit and told those stories in the newspaper. He might not be a household name but he obviously has drawn a bit more interest than an average scrub that gets kicked out of 2/3 schools and ends up absolutely nowehere. Like I said...it helps. It's not the whole package, but it's a boost, so why not.

This is the whole smartest kid with down syndrome thing.

The fact that he's got threads on here doesn't help him out more then the average scrubs. It makes him worse then the average scrub. Willie Williams is considered a huge bust. At least scrubs that aren't known will be given a fair shot.

Hollywood
04-24-2009, 09:16 PM

What's not to understand? They are 17 and people are giving them all the attention. People calling them off the hook asking for quotes, coaches calling them, fans begging on their facebooks...etc etc.

If I was 17 and a big time recruit I would have fun messing around with all the recruiting service sites that calling and try to get on ESPN and milk the attention too. Doesn't hurt to get your name out early.

BRAVEHEART
04-24-2009, 09:35 PM
What's not to understand? They are 17 and people are giving them all the attention. People calling them off the hook asking for quotes, coaches calling them, fans begging on their facebooks...etc etc.

If I was 17 and a big time recruit I would have fun messing around with all the recruiting service sites that calling and try to get on ESPN and milk the attention too. Doesn't hurt to get your name out early.

I guess It's personality then. Some people just like to play games...

Hollywood
04-24-2009, 09:47 PM

Some? Who doesn't like to play games? And it's not like this is serious business anyways- football IS a game...so why not seek attention from the game you play? I see no negatives in it whatsoever from the standpoint of a HS kid.

BRAVEHEART
04-24-2009, 09:50 PM
Some? Who doesn't like to play games? And it's not like this is serious business anyways- football IS a game...so why not seek attention from the game you play? I see no negatives in it whatsoever from the standpoint of a HS kid.

football is a game
Ncaa college football is a business, go ask joey.

benchod
04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Willie Williams is an example, but a better one would be Derrick Williams. What has he done other than have a handful of highlights with mediocre numbers, but is pushing to be a first day pick. If you get the name recognition and don't manage to get kicked out of multiple colleges with a rap sheet that's longer than some prisoners, you end up benefiting from the sideshow on recruiting.

Lorenzo Booker is another example, semi mediocre production at FSU, but a top recruit and he gets picked based partly on the name recognition.

etk
04-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Willie Williams is an example, but a better one would be Derrick Williams. What has he done other than have a handful of highlights with mediocre numbers, but is pushing to be a first day pick. If you get the name recognition and don't manage to get kicked out of multiple colleges with a rap sheet that's longer than some prisoners, you end up benefiting from the sideshow on recruiting.

Lorenzo Booker is another example, semi mediocre production at FSU, but a top recruit and he gets picked based partly on the name recognition.

Very good points.

And those guys signed to schools before internet recruiting really blew up.

JoeyJr09
04-25-2009, 08:41 AM

Booker and Williams aren't getting picked high based on recruiting hype. Thats crazy talk.

They are getting picked high plain and simply because they are fast. Despite all their faults both of them do have alot of natural ability and some big upside. That's why they got picked highly. Not because of HS hype.

Sniper
04-25-2009, 01:47 PM
OH LB Scott McVey surprises no one and commits to Ohio State.

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-25-2009, 03:43 PM
'10 5* PA QB Paul Jones done looking, reaffirmed to PSU. Got to catch Joe's PC as he was in the back of the room during it....even joked and asked for a piece of paper to sign with regard to his intentions.

---

'10 MD DE Ego Ferguson never made it, he ended up at Maryland's spring game. Some confusion as to whether or not he had an invite, his coach was supposed to set it up through LJ (DL coach) and apparently Ego didn't get in touch with his coach, and neither got in touch with LJ. Don't have any high hopes with regard to this kid being PSU...at all.

bwillie26
04-26-2009, 12:47 AM
weirdest athlete in this recruiting class: Jatashun Beachum
275 lbs HS qb running a 4.6/4.7 alledgedly(sp?). Could be the sickest fullback of all time. (not that im buying the 4.7 40)

Dude is a great athlete. He can really move for someone his size. Unfortunately, his HS coach is asking teams to offer schollies to his other less deserving players so they will garner more attention. Basically, you have to pimp out his other kids to get to Jatashun.

benchod
04-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Booker and Williams aren't getting picked high based on recruiting hype. Thats crazy talk.

They are getting picked high plain and simply because they are fast. Despite all their faults both of them do have alot of natural ability and some big upside. That's why they got picked highly. Not because of HS hype.

Nowhere did I say that they're getting picked high because of the recruiting hype they generated.

Of course they have other skills that justify them being picked where they end up getting picked, they were recognized for some sort of athletic ability coming out of high school and they managed to get better in other dimensions.

You yourself said that production is king. These guys (Williams and Booker) didn't really have it, and they managed to have a pretty big name recognition factor based on the recruiting hype.

To deny that it isn't a factor is a little absurd, but its definitely true that the speed they had was probably the major factor.

JoeyJr09
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Loreno Booker didn't have production at FSU?

Did you watch FSU?

He wasn't a stud by any means but he most certainly produced.

kwilk103
04-26-2009, 05:09 PM
apparently wvu wont take any qb committments until our oc/qb coach jeff mullen sees them throw the ball in person

that will happen in may

i guess we have a couple that want to commit, but our coaches wont let them until then

ToldLikeItIs
04-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Poggi commited.

All of our graduated seniors besides one are either drafted or signed as a UDFA, solid weekend.

steelernation77
04-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Poggi commited.

All of our graduated seniors besides one are either drafted or signed as a UDFA, solid weekend.

Poggi also lives with Anthony Ferguson, a DT who reportedly has an offer from Penn State and visited Iowa with Poggi. He could be key in Ferguson's recruitment.

SchizophrenicBatman
04-27-2009, 03:57 AM
IIRC Booker had a good offseason with the Senior Bowl and Combine that allowed him to move up in the draft - his status as a HS prospect probably only reaffirmed the idea to take him higher than his play suggested

As for why Derrick Williams went in the 3rd today...well, that's anyone's guess. I certainly don't think many people would be surprised if he fails in Detroit

cdub11
04-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Jackson Jeffcoat plans to visit USC, Cal, Stanford, Florida, Georgia and Rutgers this summer.

He has already visited Texas, LSU, and ou

Doesnt plan to commit anytime soon

HindSight
04-27-2009, 09:07 AM
I used to think this, too. I used to think about how I would handle the recruiting process. But if I was a superstar football recruit and the likes of USC, Texas, Florida,.....were falling over themselves trying to kiss my ass......not to mention the attention you would receive as a high schooler. It changes you.

bigbenn
04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
USC has offered Prater...he's blowing up...well I should say he's blowing up more.

JoeyJr09
04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
UGA has a pretty big lead for Ted Meline.

Hollywood
04-27-2009, 10:54 PM
I used to think this, too. I used to think about how I would handle the recruiting process. But if I was a superstar football recruit and the likes of USC, Texas, Florida,.....were falling over themselves trying to kiss my ass......not to mention the attention you would receive as a high schooler. It changes you.

Absolutely. Plus the fact that there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for you NOT to use the schools for your benefit because if you are a 5 star guy they will just use you for 3-4 years for their selfish benefits only.

Ward
04-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Absolutely. Plus the fact that there is absolutely no reason whatsoever for you NOT to use the schools for your benefit because if you are a 5 star guy they will just use you for 3-4 years for their selfish benefits only.

Agreed because once you put your name on that piece of paper, they own your ass.

kwilk103
04-28-2009, 01:50 PM
chris dunkley transfers to pahokee

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-28-2009, 02:19 PM
VA OL/DL Khamrone Kolb said PSU is his leader...think he is visiting VT next. Don't know how serious he is about the leader thing, could be someone that changes it every other week or month to month.

JoeyJr09
04-28-2009, 07:13 PM
chris dunkley transfers to pahokee

That might allow FSU a slight chance to get their foot in the door since they look to be landing some of Dunkley's better friends at Pahokee. But outside of that, it affects nothing. Still a Gator lock.

BigJohn98
04-28-2009, 10:11 PM
Dunkley has said in the past that he could be going to the same school as DJ. Still no chance with Dunkley though.

JoeyJr09
04-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Sean Taylor's and Will Hill's cousin, QB Quadir Pendleton, says he will commit to Miami on the spot if we offer.

Doubt we offer tho. He's like a 5th option at QB.

BamaFalcon59
04-29-2009, 04:20 PM
Sean Taylor's and Will Hill's cousin, QB Quadir Pendleton, says he will commit to Miami on the spot if we offer.

Doubt we offer tho. He's like a 5th option at QB.

VT looked at him early, not so much now.

He said some teams liked him at WR, but I don't see that.

Sniper
04-29-2009, 10:12 PM
http://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/wires-and-rumors-week-of-april-27-2009/

Pahokee H.S. (Florida) wide receiver and Gridironstuds.com member DeJoshua Johnson has narrowed his choices down to three: Florida St., Alabama and Oklahoma St. in no particular order. Johnson eliminated Michigan, Florida, West Virginia and any other team running a spread offense after watching this past weekend’s NFL draft. “I don’t want to play in the spread offense. I’ve seen how it affected receivers in the NFL draft,” Johnson is quoted as saying the Palm Beach Post. Auburn, USC and Miami have a distant chance at the wide receiver prospect. Johnson currently holds over 30 offers.

Not sure what draft DeJoshua watched...I'm fairly sure that Maclin, Crabtree and Harvin all came from spread offenses.

Oh, by the way, Oklahoma State runs a spread.

Hollywood
04-29-2009, 10:24 PM
haha that is awesome.

EDIT: I'm thinking maybe he is referring to spread-option offenses since he named Florida, West Virginia and Michigan. Let's hope he rubs off some on Dunkley.

BRAVEHEART
04-29-2009, 10:31 PM
haha that is awesome.

EDIT: I'm thinking maybe he is referring to spread-option offenses since he named Florida, West Virginia and Michigan. Let's hope he rubs off some on Dunkley.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

Hollywood
04-29-2009, 10:34 PM
BTW I'd also add that Johnson has been a lock to FSU for a long, long time now...

Ward
04-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Oh, by the way, Oklahoma State runs a spread.

And Dez Bryant's draft stock will not be adversely affected. Michael Crabtree came from a spread as well. I dunno what this kid is thinking.

HindSight
04-30-2009, 08:43 AM
And Dez Bryant's draft stock will not be adversely affected. Michael Crabtree came from a spread as well. I dunno what this kid is thinking.
Probably that running spreads don't help WRs.....the same thing people have been saying for the last 3 or 4 years.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 08:48 AM

Yeah. Like I said, Crabtree, Harvin and Maclin all came from spread offenses.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Probably that running spreads don't help WRs.....the same thing people have been saying for the last 3 or 4 years.

Co-signed,

http://www.mockmydraft.com/images/percy_harvin.jpg

HindSight
04-30-2009, 08:55 AM
OK....one guy. You can stop saying Crabtree and Maclin now.

edit: might I add.....one guy who was said to be the MVP of the national champs. if the best player on the best team drops all the way to 22.....you tell me why that is. (PS - he was already dropping before the weed). I'll answer for you. It's because he's not a true WR. The only reason he even went that high is because of how damn fast he is.

Hollywood
04-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Co-signed,

http://www.mockmydraft.com/images/percy_harvin.jpg

Most talented player in all of college football. He should have gone higher.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 08:57 AM
OK....one guy. You can stop saying Crabtree and Maclin now.

Johnson eliminated Michigan, Florida, West Virginia and any other team running a spread offense after watching this past weekendís NFL draft.

What was it that you were saying?

HindSight
04-30-2009, 08:59 AM
What was it that you were saying?
that the guy misspoke. what was it that you're babbling about?

Sniper
04-30-2009, 09:07 AM
that the guy misspoke. what was it that you're babbling about?

Awfully convenient to use that excuse for your argument, isn't it?

HindSight
04-30-2009, 09:08 AM
I could use the fact that he eliminated the running spread teams.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 09:22 AM
I could use the fact that he eliminated the running spread teams.

I could use the fact that he's got over 30 offers. I'd be willing to take a guess that with his size and skill set, many of them are from spread (running and passing) teams and that UM, UF and WVU weren't the only spread teams dropped. But yeah, I'm sure your explanation is better. :rolleyes:

JRTPlaya21
04-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Face it Sniper, he does have hindsight on his side.

HindSight
04-30-2009, 09:31 AM
I could use the fact that he's got over 30 offers. I'd be willing to take a guess that with his size and skill set, many of them are from spread (running and passing) teams and that UM, UF and WVU weren't the only spread teams dropped. But yeah, I'm sure your explanation is better. :rolleyes:
I could use the fact that you're being a whiny punk because your team got eliminated.

Every team runs "the spread" these days....so unless he's dropping everybody he probably meant he's dropping the spread teams that don't utilize WRs the way he likes. Get over it.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I could use the fact that you're being a whiny punk because your team got eliminated.

Except you can't. Michigan's already got enough WRs committed. I just find Johnson's logic amusing because it's incredibly far from the truth.

HindSight
04-30-2009, 09:52 AM
No, it's not. If it wasn't for Percy Harvin running a 1.2 second 40, he wouldn't have gone in the first round. As it is...he'll probably be another TGinn. Not a bust, but not a top notch WR either. WRs who come from colleges who utilize rushing spread offenses haven't really done much in the NFL. The NFL wants kids who spent their college careers actually running routes, not running end arounds and WR screen passes.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Receivers taken in the first two rounds...

Darrius Heyward-Bey- Pro
Michael Crabtree- Spread
Jeremy Maclin- Spread
Percy Harvin- Spread
Hakeem Nicks- Pro
Kenny Britt- Pro

Brian Robiskie- Pro
Pat White- Spread (If you believe Pat White's playing QB in the NFL, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you)
Mohammed Massaquoi- Pro

Average pro-style receiver spot drafted in the first round: 22
Average spread receiver spot drafted in the first round: 17

#17 pick in '08 Draft's rookie contract- $15 million, $8.9 guaranteed
#22 pick in '08 Draft's rookie contract- $10.5 million, $7.6 million guaranteed

Chump change, right?

Sniper
04-30-2009, 09:55 AM
No, it's not. If it wasn't for Percy Harvin running a 1.2 second 40, he wouldn't have gone in the first round. As it is...he'll probably be another TGinn. Not a bust, but not a top notch WR either. WRs who come from colleges who utilize rushing spread offenses haven't really done much in the NFL. The NFL wants kids who spent their college careers actually running routes, not running end arounds and WR screen passes.

Percy ran in the 4.4s.

Hollywood
04-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Receivers taken in the first two rounds...

Darrius Heyward-Bey- Pro
Michael Crabtree- Spread
Jeremy Maclin- Spread
Percy Harvin- Spread
Hakeem Nicks- Pro
Kenny Britt- Pro

Brian Robiskie- Pro
Pat White- Spread (If you believe Pat White's playing QB in the NFL, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you)
Mohammed Massaquoi- Pro

Average pro-style receiver spot drafted in the first round: 22
Average spread receiver spot drafted in the first round: 17

#17 pick in '08 Draft's rookie contract- $15 million, $8.9 guaranteed
#22 pick in '08 Draft's rookie contract- $10.5 million, $7.6 million guaranteed

Chump change, right?

and only one from a spread-option offense; which is what the three teams he singled out and eliminated run.

HindSight
04-30-2009, 10:05 AM
and only one from a spread-option offense; which is what the three teams he singled out and eliminated run.
it's not really that hard of a concept to grasp.

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-30-2009, 11:08 AM
http://www.digitalsports.com/article/type/organiza%20tion/typeid/42/id/61884.aspx

4* MD WR Adrian Coxson announces with digital sports at the ESPN zone in Baltimore at noon today - PSU it is. ;) Had offers from Michigan, Notre Dame, Goergia, Florida, ETC. Great pickup, kid is a flat out baller.

Hines
04-30-2009, 11:23 AM
PSU Homer, go away and go back to TAP board. ;) jk. But great pick up. Glad that he finally ended it.

Next up, Silas Redd.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 11:56 AM

How do you know? All the article says is "spread".

CroomDawgs
04-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Its really annoying that everytime hindsight posts he pisses off a michigan fan.

HindSight
04-30-2009, 12:14 PM
How do you know? All the article says is "spread".
How does he know the 3 teams that were singled out and eliminated run spread-option type offenses? he has eyes maybe?

VoteLynnSwan
04-30-2009, 12:16 PM
just stop this argument. Sniper is just arguing semantics, and you guys are just making assumptions about what he actually meant. it's going nowhere.

HindSight
04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
You're right. This message board isn't meant for recruiting discussion.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 01:43 PM
How does he know the 3 teams that were singled out and eliminated run spread-option type offenses? he has eyes maybe?

Again, Johnson had over 30 offers. But yeah, I'm sure he only eliminated those three. You're so intelligent. :rolleyes:

Coxson is a really good get for PSU. Big, strong and pretty fast.

http://mgoblog.com/content/interview-daniel-easterly

All the guys go to Michigan, and Dior likes Michigan, so itís pretty cool to have them there.

Sure hope Mathis and Easterly (if offered) come to UM. You never can have too many good DBs.

HindSight
04-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Again, Johnson had over 30 offers. But yeah, I'm sure he only eliminated those three. You're so intelligent. :rolleyes:

http://mgoblog.com/content/interview-daniel-easterly

Sure hope Mathis and Easterly (if offered) come to UM. You never can have too many good DBs.
What are you talking about? It doesn't matter how many offers he had....he's down to three schools. If he had 30, then he eliminated 27. What does the # of offers he had have to do with anything?

He said he doesn't want to be in the spread because of how it effects WRs. Using logic, one could conclude that he was referring to the RUNNING spreads, and not the PASSING spreads. I don't know why you're refusing to accept this. It's pretty obvious.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 02:05 PM
What are you talking about? It doesn't matter how many offers he had....he's down to three schools. If he had 30, then he eliminated 27. What does the # of offers he had have to do with anything?

Because you're basing your entire argument around running spreads. I'm 99.9999% sure he had an offer from a passing spread team and eliminated them. Thus, his comment is equally as dumb.

He said he doesn't want to be in the spread because of how it effects WRs. Using logic, one could conclude that he was referring to the RUNNING spreads, and not the PASSING spreads. I don't know why you're refusing to accept this. It's pretty obvious.

Affect vs. effect.

How is that logic? You're not making any sense, but let's drop this anyway. We're not going anywhere. Amazing, isn't it, that run spread Florida had two WRs drafted with a higher average draft spot than super duper pro-style pro WR factory Ohio State?

kwilk103
04-30-2009, 02:34 PM
wvu leads for good counsel (md) lb troy gloster

offers from iowa, msu, bc, unc, standford and wisky

same school as jelani jenkins

recruiting him for all 3 lb positions

Sniper
04-30-2009, 02:48 PM
wvu leads for good counsel (md) lb troy gloster

offers from iowa, msu, bc, unc, standford and wisky

same school as jelani jenkins

recruiting him for all 3 lb positions

Not according to this...

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=861489

Says his top 5 is Boston College, Michigan, North Carolina, Stanford and WVU.

kwilk103
04-30-2009, 02:55 PM
http://westvirginia.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=941279

HindSight
04-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Because you're basing your entire argument around running spreads. I'm 99.9999% sure he had an offer from a passing spread team and eliminated them. Thus, his comment is equally as dumb.

Affect vs. effect.

How is that logic? You're not making any sense, but let's drop this anyway. We're not going anywhere. Amazing, isn't it, that run spread Florida had two WRs drafted with a higher average draft spot than super duper pro-style pro WR factory Ohio State?
Why are you so damn argumentative with me? I never said the only reason he dropped every school is because they run a run based spread offense. I don't know where you are coming with any of this besides having a strong need to just argue. You had a problem with what it said, so a couple people pointed out that he probably meant he doesn't want to go to a run based spread offense instead of just a spread offense. That's all conjecture on our part....but it makes the most sense.

It's logical because the article mentions Florida, WVU, and Michigan by name when talking about a WR who doesn't want to play in those offenses. What do they all have in common? That's what logic is.

Your little comment about Florida & OSU WRs is what we call illogical.....and also pointless. Ohio State not having top flight WRs in this specific draft doesn't have anything at all to do with this. I never even mentioned them....so why bring it up....other than to be your typical confrontational self?

He's a WR who wants to be used as an actual WR. It makes sense to eliminate schools who he feels don't run offenses conducive to WRs. I don't know why that gets sand in your vagina, or why you feel the need to be a dick about it to anybody who suggests that he probably meant running spread instead of just spread....but that's something you'll have to deal with.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 03:10 PM
LA ATH Drew Dileo commits to Michigan.

sbh15
04-30-2009, 03:13 PM
What I want to know is why is DeJoshua Johnson concerned about the NFL? He needs to put on about 30 lbs. before he'd even get considered. He's a twig right now. Add in the fact that he hasn't even played in a college football game yet.

kwilk103
04-30-2009, 03:27 PM
pahokee cb merrill noel top 3:

uga, wvu, wake

said fsu problems caused him to look around

HindSight
04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
What I want to know is why is DeJoshua Johnson concerned about the NFL? He needs to put on about 30 lbs. before he'd even get considered. He's a twig right now. Add in the fact that he hasn't even played in a college football game yet.
Why is a national football recruit concerned about the NFL? I would hope that every 4 or 5 star kid considers it at least a little bit. If you're good enough to have offers from places who produce NFL talent at your position...you'd be stupid to not be concerned with it.

HindSight
04-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Michigan's already got enough WRs committed.LA ATH Drew Dileo commits to Michigan.
This is another WR, isn't it?

ESPforMe
04-30-2009, 03:58 PM
I like Dileo. Does great with k/p returns and is quite physical for his size.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 04:04 PM
This is another WR, isn't it?

Maybe, maybe not. The fun thing about the ATH designation is that it doesn't pinpoint a position. Are you done trolling, or are we going to play this game until one of us gets banned?

JoeyJr09
04-30-2009, 04:05 PM

You do realize that for kids from the Muck, the NFL is their only ticket away from that place and a life of crime.

The Muck is a really bad area. All those kids grow up trying to do is make the NFL so they can get out of there.

And as bad as this sounds, their only real skill is football. They get no education there. Most don't go to college and most end up in really bad situations either with crime or monetary problems.

He should absolutely be looking at the NFL.

Sad thing is those kids view it as their only option.

HindSight
04-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Maybe, maybe not. The fun thing about the ATH designation is that it doesn't pinpoint a position. Are you done trolling, or are we going to play this game until one of us gets banned?
Obviously....but from the Michigan boards it looks like it's a WR offer.

edit: who is trolling? If you stopped taking everything I say and turning it into an argument, there woulnd't be an argument in the first place. It was an honest question.

Sniper
04-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Apparently Dileo averaged 40+ yards per kickoff return. After watching Yakety Sax in the return game last year, this is encouraging.

MaxV
04-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Adrian Coxson picks Penn State.

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/861527.html

sbh15
04-30-2009, 05:07 PM
You do realize that for kids from the Muck, the NFL is their only ticket away from that place and a life of crime.

The Muck is a really bad area. All those kids grow up trying to do is make the NFL so they can get out of there.

And as bad as this sounds, their only real skill is football. They get no education there. Most don't go to college and most end up in really bad situations either with crime or monetary problems.

He should absolutely be looking at the NFL.

Sad thing is those kids view it as their only option.

Yeah, actually when I posted that, I had the thought in my head that he was 5' 6" and 150, so I posting that seemed smart at the time, then I checked Rivals, where he's listed at 5' 11" and felt stupid but didn't want to delete my post.

OregonDucks
04-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Ducks only have 2 recruits with solid verbals. Ethan Grant who I really like as a premier back in the next few years, and curtis white a local boy who can play some mean D. Any other ducks fans hear anything about further 2010 recruits to keep an eye on?

BRAVEHEART
04-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Ducks only have 2 recruits with solid verbals. Ethan Grant who I really like as a premier back in the next few years, and curtis white a local boy who can play some mean D. Any other ducks fans hear anything about further 2010 recruits to keep an eye on?

Go on the oregon scout site and look up the prospect list. I haven't been looking at Oregon recruits, but the west is pretty good this year, there should be some quality recruits for everyone this year.

PENNSTATEHOMER
04-30-2009, 05:29 PM

I concur. ;) Some of the YouTube highlights don't even do him justice, digital sports has much better highlights of him. We probably only take 3 WRs this year, maybe even 2 so it is great to get one in the bag. Also if '10 CT RB Silas Redd isn't a PSU commit by this time Saturday I'll be stunned, he'd be a great grab to go along with Paul Jones and Adrian Coxson on the offensive side of the ball. I realize none of these guys are 5'9-5'6 160-180 pound ATH/SLOT/DBs that make Michigan fans piss all over themselves, but I'm excited. :eek: :p

It'd be nice if USC's offer to Prater helped PSU with CA WR Kenny Stills, whether due to him continuing to feel snubbed due to USC not offering, or due to a further delay because of WR offers already out there (if they were to eventually offer).

---------

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0904/cfb.impact.early.enrollees/content.1.html

10 early enrollees making an impact: Michigan is so special there one spot counts for 3 guys.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
05-01-2009, 11:27 AM
One of my best friends just committed to Utah State! He's the second guy from my old high school to go Div-1 in the last 2 years(although the other guy graduated a couple of years before going to UConn). GO AGGIES

Ward
05-01-2009, 12:12 PM
One of my best friends just committed to Utah State! He's the second guy from my old high school to go Div-1 in the last 2 years(although the other guy graduated a couple of years before going to UConn). GO AGGIES

That's crazy, in July I'm moving to Logan so my gf can finish up her degree that she originally started at USU. I'll keep an eye out for him on the field.

05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
That's crazy, in July I'm moving to Logan so my gf can finish up her degree that she originally started at USU. I'll keep an eye out for him on the field.

Sweet. He might not play a lot next year, if he goes, he really burst onto the scene late in the recruiting season, he talked to some BCS schools who said they would have offered him in a heartbeat, he would have been the best LB in their class, but all their offers were tied up. I would think the only reason he took Utah State would be because he could go next year, but also he really likes Utah, one of his uncles played for the Utes.

His name's Connor Williams, he's like 6'3" 230(all muscle. seriously not an ounce of fat on this guy) and getting heavier. Runs like a 4.5-4.6. Definitely the best player I've gone up against(although I've only played him in practice).

I'll get his video from him and post it here, I tried an older link but it's gone now so I'll get it when I talk to him.

vatech=accdomination
05-01-2009, 12:59 PM
VT got a commitment from Tahrick Peak LB today.

sbh15
05-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Sweet. He might not play a lot next year, if he goes, he really burst onto the scene late in the recruiting season, he talked to some BCS schools who said they would have offered him in a heartbeat, he would have been the best LB in their class, but all their offers were tied up. I would think the only reason he took Utah State would be because he could go next year, but also he really likes Utah, one of his uncles played for the Utes.

His name's Connor Williams, he's like 6'3" 230(all muscle. seriously not an ounce of fat on this guy) and getting heavier. Runs like a 4.5-4.6. Definitely the best player I've gone up against(although I've only played him in practice).

I'll get his video from him and post it here, I tried an older link but it's gone now so I'll get it when I talk to him.

Dude has NFL measurables.... it'll be interesting to see if he transfers if he breaks out at Utah St.

Ward
05-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Dude has NFL measurables.... it'll be interesting to see if he transfers if he breaks out at Utah St.

Yeah it will be interesting to see if he stays at LB if he's coming into college at that weight. Could turn into a DE sized guy when all is said and done if he's not done growing.

05-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah it will be interesting to see if he stays at LB if he's coming into college at that weight. Could turn into a DE sized guy when all is said and done if he's not done growing.

Yeah, two of his uncles, one was a CFL LB here in Ottawa, the other was a DE for Utah in the 80s and got invited to a 49ers training camp after he graduated, both of them were in the 260s. So it's definitely in his blood that he's not done growing yet. Here's an article on him and another USU signee:

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050109aaa.html

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Some of the prospects expected for PSU Nike today:

DC WR Martize Barr
MD ATH/LB Trevon Barnes
PA ATH/RB-WR Corey Brown*
PA WR Andrew Carswell
PA CB Cullen Christian
MD WR Adrian Coxson** (PSU COMMIT)
PA OL Miles Dieffenbach
PA ATH Brendon Felder
CT LB Khairi Fortt*
CT ATH Christon Gill
NJ TE Kevin Haplea*
MD OL Robby Havenstein*
PA WR/DB Brandon Ifill*
DC OG Kortlan Jackson
PA QB Paul Jones** (PSU COMMIT)
PA ATH/WR Alex Kenney*
MD OL Arie Kouandjio*
MD OL/DL Hussam Ouri
CT RB Silas Redd*
PA DE/OLB Dakota Royer*
PA ATH/QB Malik Stokes
MD WR Avery Williams
OH ATH/QB Alex Zordich (PSU legacy)
MD LB/FB Zach Zwinak*

Hines
05-02-2009, 08:54 AM
I expect Silas Redd to be our next commit today. I think he is a silent verbal, but hasn't made it public yet. On his Facebook status, he keeps hinting he is going to verbal. I think today is the day.

After Redd, I hope we get Fortt soon. This summer could be special for Penn State. We potentially could have 5 4* players by the start of summer drills.

MaxV
05-02-2009, 09:40 AM
What's the story on Alex Kenney? I'm really high on him, speed like that isn't common. I hope he is going to Penn State.

Hines
05-02-2009, 09:57 AM
What's the story on Alex Kenney? I'm really high on him, speed like that isn't common. I hope he is going to Penn State.

I think he is a silent commit as well. I think he will commit to Penn State soon, but he just wants to look around some more it seems.

Hines
05-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Things look REALLY good with Fortt and Redd. I hope we can leave the weekend with them both.

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Well I was wrong with my previous post on Redd (saying he'd be a commit by 6:30-6:45 today)...deciding tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.

Hines
05-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Well I was wrong with my previous post on Redd (saying he'd be a commit by 6:30-6:45 today)...deciding tomorrow morning at 8:00 am.

Is that in stone or is that a prediction?

Sniper
05-02-2009, 02:49 PM
I realize none of these guys are 5'9-5'6 160-180 pound ATH/SLOT/DBs that make Michigan fans piss all over themselves, but I'm excited. :eek: :p

1. No one "pisses all over themselves" with these slot receivers. A lot of people can't understand why UM is recruiting so many.
2. Besides Drew Dileo and Tony Drake, every one of the other receivers is at least 6'1. Ricardo Miller (6'2"), Jerald Robinson (6'1"), Jeremy Jackson (6'3"-6'4") and D.J Williamson (6'1")

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Is that in stone or is that a prediction?

Unless I am completely unaware, that is set in stone. Tomorrow at 8:00 AM, Silas Redd will make his "decision".

Hines
05-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Unless I am completely unaware, that is set in stone. Tomorrow at 8:00 AM, Silas Redd will make his "decision".

What about Fortt? I heard we might get him, but does he announce soon? My TAP is being slow at the moment.

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-02-2009, 04:02 PM
My TAP is pissing me off, it is becoming a hassle. They keep screwing around and messin up my CC with their incompetence. GRRRRRR. No idea about Fortt, I've always been of the opinion that it is a mistake to assume that Redd helps with Forttl Redd himself is a great "get". I have no expectations beyond hopefully getting the addition of Silas Redd in this class...I know the families are close and the two work out together and al, but I'd expect that they'd do what is in their own best interest. That being said we obviously are in a great position with Fortt and the addition of Redd doesn't hurt that position.

FWIW FOS already has premium ($$$$) video up of Redd from the PSU Nike camp...definitely making the decision tomorrow. http://pennstate.scout.com/2/862082.html

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Redd to PSU. ;) YAY

Hines
05-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Sometime before September, I could see these prospects a Penn State commit:

Paul Jones QB 5*(Scout)
Silas Redd RB 4* (Scout)
Adrian Coxson WR 4*(Scout)
Alex Kenney WR 3*(Scout)
Dakota Royer DE/LB 3*(Scout)
Khari Fortt LB 4*(Scout)

Possibly a few more, but those are my guesses.

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-03-2009, 02:06 PM
You left out 4* PA LB Mike Hull, already a PSU commit. Also it remains to be seen whether '10 NJ TE Kevin Haplea will make the Florida trip during the summer as he has said he would (FSU, Miami [FL], UF)...if he is a summer time decision I could easily see him being an addition as well...Haplea should easily be 4* when full rankings come out and the 5* additions are added. Fortt won't be going to ND so only time will tell, USC-UF could be enticing but he probably won't end up that far away...Kenney is probably already n the bag as someone (you?) already said.

wicket
05-03-2009, 02:30 PM
You left out 4* PA LB Mike Hull, already a PSU commit. Also it remains to be seen whether '10 NJ TE Kevin Haplea will make the Florida trip during the summer as he has said he would (FSU, Miami [FL], UF)...if he is a summer time decision I could easily see him being an addition as well...Haplea should easily be 4* when full rankings come out and the 5* additions are added. Fortt won't be going to ND so only time will tell, USC-UF could be enticing but he probably won't end up that far away...Kenney is probably already n the bag as someone (you?) already said.

what makes you say that. He was more excited after our spring game then yours. Silas Redd(sp?) commiting wont hurt you but ND is very much in this race.

Sniper
05-03-2009, 02:34 PM
what makes you say that. He was more excited after our spring game then yours.

Look at what a recruit does, not what he says.

sbh15
05-03-2009, 02:37 PM
How about we all quit bickering and just look in amazement at Florida's class thus far.

Speaking of which, things have been very quiet recently. I'd expect both James Louis and Kenbrell Thompkins to end things very, very soon and commit to us, however.

Sniper
05-03-2009, 02:38 PM
How about we all quit bickering and just look in amazement at Florida's class thus far.

Speaking of which, things have been very quiet recently. I'd expect both James Louis and Kenbrell Thompkins to end things very, very soon and commit to us, however.

What's the deal with Demar Dorsey? I keep hearing he might not stay with the Gators.

sbh15
05-03-2009, 02:40 PM
What's the deal with Demar Dorsey? I keep hearing he might not stay with the Gators.

He's been a soft commit the whole time and you have to think that competition that Florida's bringing in might scare him off. I want to hold on to him, for no other reason than the fact that he'd thrive on the special teams unit.

Sniper
05-03-2009, 02:42 PM
He's been a soft commit the whole time and you have to think that competition that Florida's bringing in might scare him off. I want to hold on to him, for no other reason than the fact that he'd thrive on the special teams unit.

Is he a CB or FS? I keep hearing Denard Robinson's trying to talk him into going to Michigan.

wicket
05-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Look at what a recruit does, not what he says.

yeah he came to our spring game. what more can you ask of him in this period

sbh15
05-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Is he a CB or FS? I keep hearing Denard Robinson's trying to talk him into going to Michigan.

Depends on what the team wants to use him as. He has enough speed for either. He's just raw.

Hines
05-03-2009, 02:48 PM
In a video interview after the Nike combine yesterday, he struggled to say the teams he was interested. He is commiting before his senior season, and I think he commits to Penn State honestly.

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-03-2009, 04:42 PM
what makes you say that. He was more excited after our spring game then yours. Silas Redd(sp?) commiting wont hurt you but ND is very much in this race.

Just going by what I hear, and what I've heard...it is true that Fortt visited ND for the spring game, but there has been strong speculation that Khairi himself said 'I'm not going here', apparently he hated the visit. Khairi and his father both have favorable impressions of PSU. PSU was the first camp that Khairi had ever attended (years ago) and he formed a pretty strong bond with the PSU coaches while on campus....particularly LB coach Ron Vanderlinden. Look at Fortt's comments on Tenuta...not exactly an endorsement.

I heard he loved Cal-Berkley campus, LOVE UVA campus, but that PSU has the trio of program, coaches, and campus that both Khairi and his father liked. I'm pretty sure that Norton JR. is recruiting him for USC and that he still wants to get out and visit numerous campuses (UGA, Auburn, etc.), but I feel good about our chances and not so much about NDs. I could obviously be getting duped and Khairi could end up committing to ND, but I don't see it.

***** And regarding Silas Redd and how his commitment doesn't hurt us, I'd say so:

"I work on him everyday. We're good, good friends. I'm always in his ear saying, 'Hey, I know you want to go to Penn State. You're just too scared to say it,''' Redd said. "I think I got him.''

JoeyJr09
05-03-2009, 05:04 PM

We are hearing that him decommitting from UF is already a forgone conclusion and that his new top 3 is FSU, Miami and Tennessee.

Hines
05-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Penn State lands commit number 5 in Luke Graham. He is a three star prospect on Scout, and he is extremely athletic. Was down at 245 due to basketball, but now is back at 280. I am pretty giddy about this commit, and I see him as a starter in about two years down the line.

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-04-2009, 04:53 PM
'10 PA OLineman Luke Graham to PSU. 6'5 270...multi-sport participant that had ridiculous 10 yard splits/40 yard (4.83) at the Pittsburgh scout combine. He isn't evaluated on rivals yet but on scout he is 3*/#9 OG. Good pickup for PSU, he'll probably be a combo (OG/OT) guy for this class, wait to figure out where he is best once he arrives, redshirts, and gets up to 285-295.

This gives us:

'10 PA QB Paul Jones (4*/5* on scout)
'10 CT RB Silas Redd (4*)
'10 MD WR Adrian Coxson (4*)
'10 PA OL Luke Graham (NR/3* on scout)
'10 PA LB Mike Hull (4*)

ToldLikeItIs
05-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Iowa offered a 5'8 210 lb RB from Florida named DeAndre Johnson.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
05-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Illinois lands QB Chandler Whitmer.

http://www.chicagosports.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=68490&sport=1

JoeyJr09
05-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Iowa offered a 5'8 210 lb RB from Florida named DeAndre Johnson.

He has said numerous times he will commit on the spot if Miami offers. But we aint offering.

He's like a 10th option at RB and he's not that good. He's short, and slow. Like a little bowling ball. Except he hits more gutters then strikes.

ToldLikeItIs
05-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Since when are 4.46 forty, 7.35 cone, and 4.24 shuttle considered slow? Pudgy, stocky, fat, I'll buy, but slow?

Scout times at Event.

VoteLynnSwan
05-05-2009, 12:27 AM
even IF he times fast, that doesn't mean he plays fast.

bigbenn
05-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Illinois lands QB Chandler Whitmer.

http://www.chicagosports.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=68490&sport=1

This kid reminds me of Drew Brees. I'm not saying he will wind up as good but he has a strikingly similar skill set and is 6'0-6'1. If he were only a few inches taller almost everybody would've offered. If he would've waited longer he would have more offers regardless when more coaches actually see him. He was a ball boy last at the Elite 11 and held his own against guys like Aaron Murray, etc. He will be in Champaign at the Elite 11 and will again wow everybody with his arm, accuracy, footwork, and mechanics. I really love this pickup. This kid should at least be a very high three star/low four star.

JoeyJr09
05-05-2009, 08:08 AM
Since when are 4.46 forty, 7.35 cone, and 4.24 shuttle considered slow? Pudgy, stocky, fat, I'll buy, but slow?

Scout times at Event.

1st of all,

Don't go by HS times. 90% of the time, they aren't even close to correct.

I can't tell you the amount of times a kid has reportly ran a time only to go to school and have it be off by as much as .3 in either direction.

djp
05-05-2009, 01:42 PM
1st of all,

I can't tell you the amount of times a kid has reportly ran a time only to go to school and have it be off by as much as .3 in either direction.

Such as... Arthur Brown reported 4.4 LASER timed 40 in high school.. he ended up running a 4.75.

Aldarius Johnson 4.4 40... ended up being a 4.8.. these times are just stupid off.

bigbenn
05-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Such as... Arthur Brown reported 4.4 LASER timed 40 in high school.. he ended up running a 4.75.

Aldarius Johnson 4.4 40... ended up being a 4.8.. these times are just stupid off.

Where? At the Miami camps? I always wondered how in the heck some kids who clearly aren't all that fast could run 4.4's and 4.5's at the camps. I don't know if anybody else is with me but I honestly thought that for certain kids the guys would either start the hand time laser after the player starts or just gives him a good time all together (That isn't on the watch). Some players clearly aren't that fast. That's interesting about Brown though. I haven't watched enough of Johnson to try to guess his speed but Arthur Brown looked like a 4.55 type at worst. He has explosion for days.

etk
05-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Where? At the Miami camps? I always wondered how in the heck some kids who clearly aren't all that fast could run 4.4's and 4.5's at the camps. I don't know if anybody else is with me but I honestly thought that for certain kids the guys would either start the hand time laser after the player starts or just gives him a good time all together (That isn't on the watch). Some players clearly aren't that fast. That's interesting about Brown though. I haven't watched enough of Johnson to try to guess his speed but Arthur Brown looked like a 4.55 type at worst. He has explosion for days.

Exactly what I thought when I saw his 40 time last year after camp.

I only saw him a couple times on defense so I couldn't tell if he was still explosive on the field either.

Hopefully I see him bring back the form from his youtube video with Bulls On Parade in the background.

wicket
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
one of my favourite recruits (rody riggs) in the upcoming class has gone straight from rediculously underrated (unranked) to somewhat overrated (56th overall I believe) with the new rivals rankings.
It'll take a while but ND basicly leads by a mile and we can really use this kid.

Funny thought though. STA's entire defensive backfield has premier D1 scholarschip offers. Both safeties have UGA offers, Riggs has miami and ND amongst other and joyner has plenty himself. quite bizarre

kwilk103
05-05-2009, 07:59 PM
ricardo young to decide between wvu/vt thurs

BamaFalcon59
05-05-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Young is a VT guy. Lots of whispers this past weekend about a big commitment for us.

Hines
05-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Isn't he that quarterback? If he is, he is freaking tiny. He isn't even 6 foot and is like 170 soaking wet. I think I am bigger than him. So therefore, can I get a scholarship?

BamaFalcon59
05-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah he is undersized at the moment. But he has a strong arm and good deep ball, and is athletic (4.55 40?).

A pairing of him and Mark Leal would be nice considering our QB class.

We'll just have to see where Young ends up, not completely sure.

kwilk103
05-05-2009, 10:19 PM
i feel confident about young

703SKINS202
05-06-2009, 12:32 AM
I hope we get Ricardo, we need some QB's to develop.

Sniper
05-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Will Gholston offered by Ohio State

Hines
05-06-2009, 08:37 AM
I have read that Will and Vernon are not that close, but I have a huge feeling about Will. I wouldn't touch him.

Sniper
05-06-2009, 08:44 AM
I have read that Will and Vernon are not that close, but I have a huge feeling about Will. I wouldn't touch him.

He doesn't want you touching him either, you sick ****. That's a 17-year-old boy you're talking about!

bigbenn
05-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Isn't he that quarterback? If he is, he is freaking tiny. He isn't even 6 foot and is like 170 soaking wet. I think I am bigger than him. So therefore, can I get a scholarship?

That's why Illinois didn't offer. I'm happy with Whitmer but I would've liked to see Young in the class for a number of reasons. He would've commited if he would've gotten the offer too.

DoWnThEfiElD
05-06-2009, 09:42 AM
1st of all,

It's really unbelievable people think those times are right. Look at guys training for the NFL combine. They train for months for the 40 and very few run in the low 4.4 or even 4.3s. So I don't get how anyone would expect a HS kid to run faster than someone training day in and day out to run the 40.

steelernation77
05-06-2009, 11:09 AM
He has said numerous times he will commit on the spot if Miami offers. But we aint offering.

He's like a 10th option at RB and he's not that good. He's short, and slow. Like a little bowling ball. Except he hits more gutters then strikes.

If the Iowa coaching staff likes him, I'll take him. We have had some success in the past taking players out of Florida that were "10th options" for the mighty in-state programs.

Hines
05-06-2009, 11:09 AM
He doesn't want you touching him either, you sick ****. That's a 17-year-old boy you're talking about!

Will Gholston could eat me alive for breakfast and **** me out like I am nothing.

Sniper
05-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Will Gholston could eat me alive for breakfast and **** me out like I am nothing.

You have some really, really sick fantasies.

Hines
05-06-2009, 11:18 AM
You have some really, really sick fantasies.

What can I say? I am very, very kinky. ;)

kwilk103
05-06-2009, 11:31 AM
looks like vt for ricardo young

apparently he likes their depth chart, and the fact vt had him #1 on their board (he was 1a on ours with about 6-7 others; our oc/qb coach wants to see them throw in person 1st)

JRTPlaya21
05-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Nice pickup. He needs to bulk up.

etk
05-06-2009, 02:53 PM
AJ Derby looks like he's well on his way to being a 5*, top 50 recruit and #1 QB.

And he's all Hawkeye.

Sniper
05-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Any Florida guys know anything about DB Rashad Knight?

bigbenn
05-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Any Florida guys know anything about DB Rashad Knight?

Watch his film...he's really underrated. He's an explosive hitter and has great closing speed/speed period. It's shown on the tape and in camps as well as he regularly runs in the 4.4's. He should be a four star and I'm sure he'll get there the next time around as more offers come in. Illinois and Michigan are the top 2 schools for him. I do think that the article with him coming out and saying Michigan leads was due to excitement on his part but he is underrated. I was hoping nobody else would really find him so they can add him to the list of underrated players who have come to UI and outplayed their ranking. It'll be a battle and honestly, I think Illinois wins. Coach Disch is basically family in their family. Things can change though so I won't go on with the guaranteeing stuff after last year.

bigbenn
05-06-2009, 05:10 PM
looks like vt for ricardo young

apparently he likes their depth chart, and the fact vt had him #1 on their board (he was 1a on ours with about 6-7 others; our oc/qb coach wants to see them throw in person 1st)

Even though I like UI's Whitmer pickup, I wanted Young in this class for more than a few reasons. All they had to do was offer and he would've commited, especially last summer. His size ultimately did him in with the new offensive coordinator. I'm not talking about height (Whitmer is 6'0-6'1). I'm talking weight. If he was 10-15 pounds heavier right now I think they would've took him because he and Scheelhaase threw at the Illinois camp last year and Young was better.

Sniper
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Didn't Told say Scheelhaase would be a Hawkeye?

bigbenn
05-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Didn't Told say Scheelhaase would be a Hawkeye?

Yup...we knew it would've been Oklahoma if not Illinois...we actually thought that's where he was going until he announced. It was shocking.

ToldLikeItIs
05-07-2009, 01:01 AM
I stated this right after the season began, when he was a better safety prospect.

Aj Derby is going to be all 3, etk, live with it.

JoeyJR analysis < Scout

Obviously...

05-07-2009, 01:15 AM

No, but you suck at football so it's irrelevant!

Hines
05-07-2009, 08:00 AM
No, but you suck at football so it's irrelevant!

Ya, because you have clearly seen me play.

sbh15
05-07-2009, 08:25 AM
I stated this right after the season began, when he was a better safety prospect.

JoeyJR analysis < Scout

Obviously...

Guess what the #1 QB Ranking and 5 stars ranking amounts to on the field? A meaningless nothing.

ironman4579
05-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Guess what the #1 QB Ranking and 5 stars ranking amounts to on the field? A meaningless nothing.

As do told's predictions usually.

Sniper
05-07-2009, 08:44 AM
As do told's predictions usually.

You could probably make a really solid team with Told's misses. Just think, you'd have the likes of John Clay (he'd be the ToldFail team's captain, bar none), Michael Schofield, Nathan Scheelhaase etc...After this year, you could probably add Seantrel Henderson and a host of others.

ironman4579
05-07-2009, 08:46 AM
You could probably make a really solid team with Told's misses. Just think, you'd have the likes of John Clay (he'd be the ToldFail team's captain, bar none), Michael Schofield, Nathan Scheelhaase etc...After this year, you could probably add Seantrel Henderson and a host of others.

I'm just waiting for Derby to sign somewhere else................ ;)

JoeyJr09
05-07-2009, 08:54 AM
I love how everytime Told is wrong, he tries to belittle me. Like I even made a single comment about him or his prediction in the last few days.

Sniper
05-07-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm just waiting for Derby to sign somewhere else................ ;)

Kurt Wermers will make a nice OG on the ToldFail team.

kwilk103
05-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Kurt Wermers will make a nice OG on the ToldFail team.

kal'il glaud would make a good olb

Sniper
05-07-2009, 10:33 AM
kal'il glaud would make a good olb

This team is going to dominate.

JRTPlaya21
05-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Derrick Hopkins to VT

ToldLikeItIs
05-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Wermers was included on my predict the class list, should we go over yours Sniper? I'm sure you've been wrong just as many times as I have.

What about the predict Michigan's record list for 08'?

ToldLikeItIs
05-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Joey,

You have no idea what you're talking about 95% of the time.

BigJohn98
05-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Joey,

Oh the irony...

Newbs24
05-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Good stuff in here.

kwilk103
05-07-2009, 06:11 PM
apparently ricardo young has not yet announced

i know beatty was trying to get him to wait

JoeyJr09
05-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Joey,

Guess that makes me 5% better then you.

wicket
05-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Guess that makes me 5% better then you.

meh, he makes so much stuff up that occasionally something has to happen due to pure random chance. its more like 4.8%.

BamaFalcon59
05-07-2009, 07:57 PM
apparently ricardo young has not yet announced

i know beatty was trying to get him to wait

He's all Hokie.

ironman4579
05-07-2009, 08:00 PM

JoeyJR analysis < Scout

Obviously...

I like how the player is worse now that he didn't go to Iowa. I'm sure he'd be an underrated stud if he was a hawkeye.

BamaFalcon59
05-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Any Rivals subscriber should read the article about HD Woodson head coach's thoughts on Ricardo Young.

The kid sounds amazing intelligence wise.

etk
05-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Joey,

Like you have a clue about Florida recruiting. Or any recruiting for that matter.

As sniper would say....pot, meet kettle.

ToldLikeItIs
05-07-2009, 08:57 PM
When he was considered a better safety prospect, meaning once he was solidifide as a quarterback, Iowa didn't have a chance, we don't run that gimmick offense that he was very much suited for.

I'm right about 80% of the time.

ironman4579
05-07-2009, 09:02 PM
When he was considered a better safety prospect, meaning once he was solidifide as a quarterback, Iowa didn't have a chance, we don't run that gimmick offense that he was very much suited for.

I'm right about 80% of the time.

Can we just call this another wrong prediction right now?