PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

wicket
05-23-2009, 05:01 AM
STA kids are never allowed to commit early because they are not allowed to decommit. Their coach absolutely does not let them change their mind and decommit ever. I've never seen it happen in all my time following recruiting.

So he has them all time their time and wait til towards the end when they are 100 percent sure of their decision and nothing will change their mind.

I actually like that a lot about that coach. For instance (obviously ND-examples)
Tai-ler Jones: First commits to stanford and then announces he'll come and camp at ND and take an official. Why commit then, I hate that reserving a spot, its basicly cheating.
Corey Cooper: Committed to Illinois for an eternity already but has been at the ND campus a billion times i the mean time.

Seriously I would love getting them both, but why commit if you are not entirely sure. A lotof times guys who commit early and then decommit seem to go through a ton of commitments, just make up your mind before you bring stuff out.
Just say to a coach that you would really like to make sure and take al the visits you need.

keylime_5
05-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Everything I've seen says he's a 2010 recruit. I dont think the Big 33 is all seniors. Anyway, a bunch of people who have watched Holmes extensively said Rivals and Scout missed out big time.

if he's playing in the Big 33 this summer then he is a senior. They don't let underclassmen in that game.

Hines
05-23-2009, 10:57 AM
He loves USC, but if he loves them as much as he says, he would've commited by now. (IMO) PSU is still in the race, just USC has a decent lead. If he doesn't go to USC I'd be shocked if he's not at PSU.

That's how I feel about the situation. Sucks that USC offered because I really wanted this kid. I just hope that we can get him on campus before he commits. Didn't USC offer like 10 more guys before him? If so, I would take that as a slap in the face and not go there. But if my dream school offered me a scholarship, I would jump on it right away.

BigJohn98
05-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Here's a little update on the Byrnes trio. A Clemson Rivals writer caught up with them after their spring game.

Brandon Willis, four-star defensive tackle
Summer visits: FSU, Cal, Tennessee, UNC
Top 5 in order: Florida, FSU, UCLA, Tennessee, UNC

Corey Miller, four-star defensive end
Summer visits: FSU, Cal, UCLA, Tennessee, UNC
Top 5 in order: FSU, UNC, Cal, Tennessee, Oregon

Marcus Lattimore, five-star running back
Summer visits: Auburn, North Carolina, South Carolina, Penn State
Top 5 in order: Auburn, FSU, Georgia, North Carolina, Penn State.

Brandon Willis' leader is somewhat surprising. I didn't even know Florida was a player for him.

JoeyJr09
05-25-2009, 04:29 AM
Here's a little update on the Byrnes trio. A Clemson Rivals writer caught up with them after their spring game.

Brandon Willis' leader is somewhat surprising. I didn't even know Florida was a player for him.

I've heard Lattimore is Auburn bound but that the other 2 should be headed to FSU.

BRAVEHEART
05-25-2009, 04:39 AM
what happens if Lache goes to auburn, will Lattimore stay home at SCAR?

wicket
05-25-2009, 05:23 AM
what happens if Lache goes to auburn, will Lattimore stay home at SCAR?

nope they like each other very much, would love to form a two headed monster ala arkansas a season ago with felix jones and dmac (they actually used that comparison apparently). TBH it almost feel that auburn will get both or neither

Hines
05-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I hope Lattimore actually does visit Penn State. If so, we could be a player in this. Also, we might be offering Lattimore's best friend, Nick Jones. We have had bad luck in the past of doing that, but I guess we will see what happens here.

BigJohn98
05-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Marcus wants to get his mom on campus (FSU), and I think he's bringing her the day of our camp. I believe it's June 18.

Sniper
05-25-2009, 10:13 AM

Link please.

keylime_5
05-25-2009, 10:29 AM
http://www.bucknuts.com/news/articles/2009/5/24/buckeye-surprise-osu-offers-another-quarterback

Buckeyes offer another QB finally. Cincinnati's Andrew Hendrix. Could be telling about Nick Montana.

keylime_5
05-25-2009, 10:33 AM
and then there's this too:
http://www.bucknuts.com/blog/post-detail.php?p=6761
Alex Welch Notre Dame bound.

wicket
05-25-2009, 10:54 AM
and then there's this too:
http://www.bucknuts.com/blog/post-detail.php?p=6761
Alex Welch Notre Dame bound.

jep just read it, made me happy

Sniper
05-25-2009, 02:41 PM
http://www.tharinger.com/Recruiting.aspx

ESPN 1180 in Knoxville is reporting that Pahokee(FL) DT Richard Ash has committed to Tennessee. No confirmation on this yet and I'd be shocked if it's true and sticks.

That'd be a stunner.

wicket
05-25-2009, 03:51 PM
same site is also talking about rumours of Montana being an ND silent. Would be the hapiest ND day since NSD.

JayP
05-25-2009, 07:25 PM
same site is also talking about rumours of Montana being an ND silent. Would be the hapiest ND day since NSD.

I think that was the site that was calling Matt James to ND during the spring game, so I'd take the info with a grain of salt. However, if OSU did make another QB offer, that would be telling on OSU's chances with Montana.

And Wicket, you aren't the only one. I see no reason why Tai-ler would bother to jerk ND around if he's that set on Stanford. If he's not 100% sold, then don't commit.

JoeyJr09
05-25-2009, 09:15 PM
I think that was the site that was calling Matt James to ND during the spring game, so I'd take the info with a grain of salt. However, if OSU did make another QB offer, that would be telling on OSU's chances with Montana.

And Wicket, you aren't the only one. I see no reason why Tai-ler would bother to jerk ND around if he's that set on Stanford. If he's not 100% sold, then don't commit.

I've been following that site for some time to see if it's legit or not and how much of it actually pans out.

The site basically just rumor mongers every bit of info out there and reports what it knows to be true.

The info is really 50-50. Some of it turns out to be true, some it if doesn't. I have found tho that the guy posting all that stuff isnt just pulling info out of thin air (at least for Miami related stuff). He usually has good info and logic behind the stuff he posts and isnt just throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it sticks. Sometimes his info's right and sometimes it's wrong but it does come from legit sources it seems.

BigJohn98
05-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Link please.

No link. It's from a premium message board.

19SEP2009
05-26-2009, 10:58 AM
No link. It's from a premium message board.

The Brandon Willis info is everywhere. If it was false, someone would have snuffed it out by now.

kwilk103
05-27-2009, 02:16 PM
tx qb jeremy johnson commits to wvu

#9 dual threat according to rivals

BRAVEHEART
05-27-2009, 02:23 PM

That'd be a stunner.

Damn, Kiffin and that staff is beasting (when it comes to recruiting so far).

CashmoneyDrew
05-27-2009, 02:40 PM

That rumor was false, but they are doing a very good job recruiting so far regardless.

cdub11
05-27-2009, 02:40 PM

Nice pickup for WVU

BRAVEHEART
05-27-2009, 02:59 PM
That rumor was false, but they are doing a very good job recruiting so far regardless.

There's been some false rumors spreading around lately.

703SKINS202
05-27-2009, 03:17 PM

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. A must pick up.

Sniper
05-27-2009, 03:39 PM
PA DE Jordan Paskorz to Michigan.

http://michigan.scout.com/2/867885.html

JoeyJr09
05-27-2009, 05:29 PM

For 2010?

Who do they have thats any good?

The 2 Florida kids they got are extremely overrated and are huge reaches. They werent even looked at seriously by any of the major in state programs (USF included) save for FSU starting to glance at Williams just before he commited.

Copeland and Smith are good DEs but that's really all they have thats anything to write home about.

They seem to be in on alot of names but it hasnt really translated to the class so far.

Hines
05-27-2009, 05:38 PM
PA DE Jordan Paskorz to Michigan.

http://michigan.scout.com/2/867885.html

I wasn't a very big fan of his. I like Kyle Baublitz way, way more.

Newbs24
05-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Jordan looks like he is a football player. Not a freak athlete but plays hard and still has good measurables. I will definitely take him. We need quite a few DLs. I can see him bulking up quite a bit and adding some quality depth soon. Hopefully this is the start of a really good weekend.

keylime_5
05-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Apparently Ohio State offered Chad Hagan just recently. I wasn't sure that one was gonna happen, so I guess he'll commit soon considering how in every interview he called us his leader before we offered. Not good news for LaTwan Anderson.

kwilk103
05-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Apparently Ohio State offered Chad Hagan just recently. I wasn't sure that one was gonna happen, so I guess he'll commit soon considering how in every interview he called us his leader before we offered. Not good news for LaTwan Anderson.

thank you...

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-28-2009, 07:37 AM

I find the offer amusing. It is always amusing when kids (Hagan, Wilkins are two perfect examples for '10) try so hard to position themselves for offers only to end up failing miserably. I have no clue where you got the idea that Hagan always said tOSU was his leader, but he was all about PSU and had PSU as his leader until he realized the offer wouldn't be coming...Hull committed to PSU in November of '08, fast forward to May '09 and Hagan still doesn't have an offer from PSU.

I know Michigan offered Wilkins and he is all about Michigan now, but before that this kid couldn't do anything but talk about PSU and tOSU...never got an offer from either despite his blatant fishing. Wilkins may have been the most annoying '10 recruit thus far while following PSU recruiting just because it seemed like a month or two of constant whining/positioning for a PSU and/or tOSU to offer.

keylime_5
05-28-2009, 09:23 AM
"I think I'll be getting an offer from them pretty soon. Ohio State is still my favorite."

from BP:

"BN$--Big Developments With Hagan

Chad says Coach Fickell told him an offer was coming once they receive his test score. The Buckeyes are his favorite followed by PSU and Pitt."

"BN$--Chad Hagan: Did Michigan One-Up The Buckeyes?

Chad picked up a Michigan offer but says tOSU is still his clear favorite. He scored 1190 on the SAT."

Hines
05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Even if Wilkins commits to Michigan, I think he is Penn State if we offer him sometime this recruiting season.

keylime_5
05-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Damn, I knew that the rumor had been floating around for the past month or so, but it looks like it's almost for certain that Jamel Turner won't be a part of our class this year. Sucks to lose a five star, top notch athlete, elite pass rusher like that. Gettin' in trouble with multiple fights and grades going downhill to the point where he might have to transfer out of Youngstown Ursuline, allegedly. Stinks too because he was the team leader on a state championship team and was the state title game hero on defense. People suggested that this had to do with the offereing of [future Spartan] Will Gholston this past month.

CC.SD
05-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Hai all, I've been informed this thread is a great place to mine for a mythical substance known as "Told Gold."

bigbenn
05-28-2009, 07:31 PM
NY OG/DT Daquan Jones is getting a Penn State offer in the mail soon. I expect this to be over soon.

Dang, that kid is a beast. He's what you want your OL to look like.

bigbenn
05-28-2009, 07:36 PM
I actually like that a lot about that coach. For instance (obviously ND-examples)
Tai-ler Jones: First commits to stanford and then announces he'll come and camp at ND and take an official. Why commit then, I hate that reserving a spot, its basicly cheating.
Corey Cooper: Committed to Illinois for an eternity already but has been at the ND campus a billion times i the mean time.

Seriously I would love getting them both, but why commit if you are not entirely sure. A lotof times guys who commit early and then decommit seem to go through a ton of commitments, just make up your mind before you bring stuff out.
Just say to a coach that you would really like to make sure and take al the visits you need.

Oh I wouldn't count on Cooper...he loves to be recruited....same with Prater...

bigbenn
05-28-2009, 07:39 PM

He sure lobbied hard for that offer...even when he only had a Illinois offer he was still saying OSU was his favorite. That's risky business IMO. The official still hasn't been officially sent has it? They've been saying they were going to offer for a couple of weeks now.

bigbenn
05-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Damn, I knew that the rumor had been floating around for the past month or so, but it looks like it's almost for certain that Jamel Turner won't be a part of our class this year. Sucks to lose a five star, top notch athlete, elite pass rusher like that. Gettin' in trouble with multiple fights and grades going downhill to the point where he might have to transfer out of Youngstown Ursuline, allegedly. Stinks too because he was the team leader on a state championship team and was the state title game hero on defense. People suggested that this had to do with the offereing of [future Spartan] Will Gholston this past month.

I read this rumor on the Scout site a while back but I never knew the full extent of it...wow..

Hines
05-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Dang, that kid is a beast. He's what you want your OL to look like.

He's going to play DT for us.

Hines
05-28-2009, 07:43 PM

Where is he rumored to be going?

keylime_5
05-28-2009, 09:57 PM
They say his grades are going way down and he might have to transfer to Warren Harding HS (where Clarett, Prescott Burgess and Boom Herron went). History says guys like that who get their 'ship pulled (hasn't happened yet, still technically a rumor at this point) end up playing at smaller schools if any school at all. DeVoe Torrence got his schollie pulled after getting accused (later acquitted) of rape and he had grade issues and other off-field trouble too, and he wound up at Akron...all the big ten schools wouldn't touch him.

Jonny
05-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Allen and Noel from Pahokee committing on Monday. I think it's WVU.

Newbs24
05-28-2009, 11:10 PM
Allen and Noel from Pahokee committing on Monday. I think it's WVU.

For both? Seems like UGA is quite confident in landing Merrill. I also think Zach Allens recruitment is going to go a lot longer than just this Monday. Heard he is starting to pick up a lot of steam on the circuit and I think a big senior year makes him think. Should be interesting though.

kwilk103
05-28-2009, 11:15 PM
noel doesnt have wvu in top 4

allen is down to purdue, wake, wvu

Hollywood
05-29-2009, 03:42 AM
With Allen it comes down to any of the big three wanting him = his recruiting heats up. If Miami wants him, he is a Cane.

JoeyJr09
05-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Allen and Noel look like they are both Wake Forest bound to me.

However, Allen likely isn't done as alluded to earlier in this thread. He's made it no secret his desire to play for Miami but we are not after him very hard. If we change our mind and decide to make a push, it should be an easy flip. FSU and UF could have similar situations with him to a lesser degree.

BigJohn98
05-29-2009, 07:29 AM
noel doesnt have wvu in top 4

allen is down to purdue, wake, wvu

He added WVU.

etk
05-29-2009, 07:51 AM
I want Allen :(

bigbenn
05-29-2009, 09:52 AM
He's going to play DT for us.

OL or DT, that's what you want them to look like. Unless he's a freak in the Allen Bailey mold.

Hines
05-29-2009, 10:32 AM
They say his grades are going way down and he might have to transfer to Warren Harding HS (where Clarett, Prescott Burgess and Boom Herron went). History says guys like that who get their 'ship pulled (hasn't happened yet, still technically a rumor at this point) end up playing at smaller schools if any school at all. DeVoe Torrence got his schollie pulled after getting accused (later acquitted) of rape and he had grade issues and other off-field trouble too, and he wound up at Akron...all the big ten schools wouldn't touch him.

A SEC team will take him.

JFLO
05-29-2009, 02:02 PM
I'm bored, so here are my Top 10 2010 Recruits:

1. Seantrel Henderson OT Minnesota Uncommitted
2. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina Uncommitted
3. Matt Elam S Florida Committed to Florida
4. Jeff Luc LB Florida Uncommitted
5. Michael Dyer RB Arkansas Uncommitted
6. Ronald Powell DE California Uncommitted
7. Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas Uncommitted
8. Lache Seastrunk RB Texas Uncommitted
9. Da'Rick Rogers WR Georgia Uncommitted
10. Lamarcus Joyner CB Florida Uncommitted

JoeyJr09
05-29-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm bored, so here are my Top 10 2010 Recruits:

1. Seantrel Henderson OT Minnesota Uncommitted
2. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina Uncommitted
3. Matt Elam S Florida Committed to Florida
4. Jeff Luc LB Florida Uncommitted
5. Michael Dyer RB Arkansas Uncommitted
6. Ronald Powell DE California Uncommitted
7. Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas Uncommitted
8. Lache Seastrunk RB Texas Uncommitted
9. Da'Rick Rogers WR Georgia Uncommitted
10. Lamarcus Joyner CB Florida Uncommitted

LOL at Matt Elam and Jeff Luc both being in the top 4. Gator homerism at it's best.

Even the guys at Gatorbait admit Elam is overrated and Luc isnt a top 10 talent.

Race for the Heisman
05-29-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't see it with Elam. His best position is definitely safety, but he really isn't that impressive there, either.

Hines
05-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Marcus Lattimore and his teamate and best friend, Nick Jones are visiting to Penn State with their families on June 26th and 27th according to Penn State's Scout guy. I think we offer Jones who is a real solid slot reciever prospect and could return kicks, and Lattimore doesn't need an explanation. If we landed Lattimore, we would be so stacked at RB if Royster doesnt leave. I don't think we land Lattimore although being in his top 5 is good.

JoeyJr09
05-29-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't see it with Elam. His best position is definitely safety, but he really isn't that impressive there, either.

He's a top 25-30 talent for sure. Not top 10.

Even most Gators admit that.

He's too much of a tweener.

JFLO
05-29-2009, 09:26 PM
I actually attend and a fan of Ohio State, so the homerism factor is out the window...

sbh15
05-29-2009, 10:19 PM
LOL at Matt Elam and Jeff Luc both being in the top 4. Gator homerism at it's best.

Even the guys at Gatorbait admit Elam is overrated and Luc isnt a top 10 talent.

What makes you say rating Luc like that is Gator homerism?

I thought he was a Miami lean?

cdub11
05-29-2009, 10:47 PM
I would have Darius White in the top 10

JoeyJr09
05-29-2009, 11:04 PM
What makes you say rating Luc like that is Gator homerism?

I thought he was a Miami lean?

He's more Miami and FSU then he is to UF but UF fans are delirious when it comes to him.

Have you read the stuff Gator fans post about him all over Rivals? They act like he's a Gator lock already when the real deal is more like 50-50 FSU/Miami.

bigbenn
05-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Apparently OL Laken Tomlinson is blowing up right now...new offers from OSU, USC, UTenn, etc. and ND, etc. on the way...and to think, ND and even some UI fans thought I was just being a homer on Scout when I said he was the best OL in state when Lombard was getting all his hype (Though he isn't as good) around his commitment...

BRAVEHEART
05-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Apparently OL Laken Tomlinson is blowing up right now...new offers from OSU, USC, UTenn, etc. and ND, etc. on the way...and to think, ND and even some UI fans thought I was just being a homer on Scout when I said he was the best OL in state when Lombard was getting all his hype (Though he isn't as good) around his commitment...

You're talking about scar and not "USC"...right? I never heard of the guy.

wicket
05-30-2009, 04:06 AM

that 'offer' talk of ND is from a while back and was bs. and yeah just watch the film, lombard is way better.

bigbenn
05-30-2009, 10:05 AM
You're talking about scar and not "USC"...right? I never heard of the guy.

No, THE USC...nobody's really heard of him...tOSU fans are just knowing of him too.

bigbenn
05-30-2009, 10:09 AM
that 'offer' talk of ND is from a while back and was bs. and yeah just watch the film, lombard is way better.

Lombard isn't 'way better' and has nowhere near the upside....the offer talk from ND was a while back...but now I guess one is more than likely on the way...Tomlinson is being recruited as a OL by some and DT by others..

edit: Should also note that I got the offer info off Rivals.

Sniper
05-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Lombard isn't 'way better' and has nowhere near the upside....the offer talk from ND was a while back...but now I guess one is more than likely on the way...Tomlinson is being recruited as a OL by some and DT by others..

edit: Should also note that I got the offer info off Rivals.

BuckeyePlanet confirms the OSU offer.

Hines
05-30-2009, 11:02 AM
Notre Dame offered Arizona S Marquis Flowers.

703SKINS202
05-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Any PSU guys have any news on Brunetti? Where is he leaning right now?

Hines
05-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Any PSU guys have any news on Brunetti? Where is he leaning right now?

I haven't heard anything, but I know he is starting to blow up. I want him as our second qb.

wicket
05-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Notre Dame offered Arizona S Marquis Flowers.

and they offered him as a running back oddly enough if i'm not mistaking

TigerBait45
05-30-2009, 01:36 PM
A SEC team will take him.

maybe not, the SEC just capped the amount of LOI's a school can accept at 28.

Okay I don't even know who we're talking about, I just thought that was a good lead-in.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/05/29/oversigning/index.html

Sniper
05-30-2009, 01:37 PM
maybe not, the SEC just capped the amount of LOI's a school can accept at 28.

Okay I don't even know who we're talking about, I just thought that was a good lead-in.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/05/29/oversigning/index.html

We're talking about a kid with character and academic issues. He's a hell of a pass-rusher, though, and would fit the SEC SPEEDZ mold.

BRAVEHEART
05-30-2009, 01:53 PM
No, THE USC...nobody's really heard of him...tOSU fans are just knowing of him too.

do you have any links or info to prove your statement? I've been asking around and looking for info and I haven't found anything that supports your claim.

TigerBait45
05-30-2009, 02:47 PM
We're talking about a kid with character and academic issues. He's a hell of a pass-rusher, though, and would fit the SEC SPEEDZ mold.

He'll still end up at Ole Miss I bet. They took anyone that had a pulse last year.

Don Vito
05-30-2009, 03:06 PM
http://olemiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=950881

This DT from Arkansas Samuel Harvil put up 67 reps of 185 at 6-0 250 running a 5.16. Is that not insane or have there been other HS recruits recently who have had that kind of number on the bench?

As far as Jamel Turner is concerned, I don't know why we'd end up with him. We got Craig Drummond last year out of Chicago but he really didn't have any issues. He was going to be allowed to play at Illinois but he wanted to enroll early and they wouldn't let him do that, but we did. He wasn't getting in fights or anything like that. Turner is definitely talented though, hopefully he can get his head on straight.

BamaFalcon59
05-30-2009, 03:59 PM
And he just finished his sophmore season. Wow!

FatJJ44
05-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Is there any news on Anthony Barr? He's probably my favorite recruit in this class. I'm assuming he'll play DE, but I've heard he wants to play RB. What position do you think he'll end up at?

BRAVEHEART
05-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Is there any news on Anthony Barr? He's probably my favorite recruit in this class. I'm assuming he'll play DE, but I've heard he wants to play RB. What position do you think he'll end up at?

I think he'll play RB at ND.

TigerBait45
05-30-2009, 05:33 PM
http://olemiss.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=950881

As far as Jamel Turner is concerned, I don't know why we'd end up with him. We got Craig Drummond last year out of Chicago but he really didn't have any issues. He was going to be allowed to play at Illinois but he wanted to enroll early and they wouldn't let him do that, but we did. He wasn't getting in fights or anything like that. Turner is definitely talented though, hopefully he can get his head on straight.

It was a joke, buddy.

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-30-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm anxious for scout to update their rankings already...I want to see if they try to casually dick over any of the PSU commits. I'm anxious...even though stars don't mean much I allow it to occupy some of my time/thoughts. ;)

I'm hoping Adrian Coxson gets bumped up, and I've pretty much been told by different scout guys that it will certainly happen (got more film, bob l. did a review and posted highlights)...it would be sweet if he could jump up to 5* but that may be too much at this point. He has shined at the events he has shown up at to compete.

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Well Scott Kennedy replied to one of my PMs and said that Coxson made a big jump based on ability, so I am even more anxious to see if he is 5* or not.

keylime_5
05-31-2009, 01:25 PM
Been hearing that we might offer LaTwan Anderson sometime this month. Tharinger.com agrees with that notion. Getting Chad Hagan, Christian Bryant, LaTwan Anderson, and hopefully Joyner would be a heck of a DB haul, especially after last year's superstar DB class we signed.

superman8456
05-31-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm anxious for scout to update their rankings already...I want to see if they try to casually dick over any of the PSU commits. I'm anxious...even though stars don't mean much I allow it to occupy some of my time/thoughts. ;)

I'm hoping Adrian Coxson gets bumped up, and I've pretty much been told by different scout guys that it will certainly happen (got more film, bob l. did a review and posted highlights)...it would be sweet if he could jump up to 5* but that may be too much at this point. He has shined at the events he has shown up at to compete.

So far, I've been pretty frustrated with PSU's recruiting. We've gone after a lot of skilled positions, but not much else. We even lost Seth Betancourt, who is the real deal, to BC.

Hopefully, we can get that LB from Connecticut. He looks like the real deal.

Hines
05-31-2009, 01:35 PM
So far, I've been pretty frustrated with PSU's recruiting. We've gone after a lot of skilled positions, but not much else. We even lost Seth Betancourt, who is the real deal, to BC.

Our recruiting is fine IMO. We are still after some top flight guys and it's only May. We have a shot to have another top 10 class if we land the guys we want.

Sniper
05-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Looks like Michigan has taken a nice lead for OH interior OL Christian Pace.

PENNSTATEHOMER
05-31-2009, 03:36 PM

The CT LB is Khairi Fortt, he had some glowing things to say about Auburn after having visited for their "Big Cat weekend"...but I'd imagine we are still in very good shape. Having Silas Redd committed doesn't hurt, but I don't like to bank on things like that helping....SC RB Marcus Lattimore also had glowing things to say about Auburn (again), but did also mention that he was excited to visit PSU just to check them out...or something like that.

Can't argue with PSU's recruiting...all are 4* or better on both sites, except for PA OLineman Luke Graham. Coxson can probably make the jump to 5* when scout updates tonight/tomorrow, which means we may have 2 5* prospects (@ QB/WR), 2 4* prospects (@ RB/LB), and an in-state (3*/#7 OG on scout) WPIAL OLineman...all in May....great start...a definite top 10 type start/effort without question.

I think we have something like 52-55 offers out there which isn't a lot, pretty sure I read somewhere that Michigan had 125 offers out (Rivals). We are being selective and yet getting top talent...I think most expect that we will get or are in great shape with a few prospects like WR/ATH Alex Kenney, WR Kenny Stills (if/when he visits), TE Kevin Haplea, DE/OLB Dakota Royer, LB Khairi Fortt....etc.

keylime_5
05-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, it's mind boggling how wide of a net MIchigan has cast this early. Ohio State has about 39 or 40 offers out so far.

CC
05-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Our recruiting is fine IMO. We are still after some top flight guys and it's only May. We have a shot to have another top 10 class if we land the guys we want.

Another? After 2009s 24th ranked class, 2008s unranked class, and 2007s 24th ranked class?

Been quite a while since you guys had a top 10 class.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/TeamRank.asp?postype=0&sort=0&year=2006

Hines
05-31-2009, 05:41 PM
Another? After 2009s 24th ranked class, 2008s unranked class, and 2007s 24th ranked class?

Been quite a while since you guys had a top 10 class.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/TeamRank.asp?postype=0&sort=0&year=2006

I meant Scout when we were top 10 last year.

Sniper
05-31-2009, 05:43 PM
I meant Scout when we were top 10 last year.

11th. :D

Plus, you wish you had the sexiness of Ricardo Miller in your class. Automatic #1! :D

Hines
05-31-2009, 05:45 PM

Plus, you wish you had the sexiness of Ricardo Miller in your class. Automatic #1! :D

Coxson>Miller

Brown>Miller

Newsome>Forcier

PJ Jones>Forcier

:D

Sniper
05-31-2009, 05:48 PM
Newsome>Forcier

You won't be saying that after Tate wins four Heismans.

ToldLikeItIs
05-31-2009, 08:54 PM
Jim Poggi's teammate Anthony Ferguson is a Hawkeye.

Iowa is at worst tied for #2 with Christian Pace.

Sniper
05-31-2009, 08:54 PM

Doesn't look promising...

Hines
05-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Jim Poggi's teammate Anthony Ferguson is a Hawkeye.

I doubt Ferguson even got a Penn State offer.

ToldLikeItIs
05-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Not at this point no.

ToldLikeItIs
05-31-2009, 08:59 PM
I never mentioned a Penn State offer, but thanks for your irrelevant commentary.

Hines
05-31-2009, 09:01 PM
I never mentioned a Penn State offer, but thanks for your irrelevant commentary.

He was down to Penn State and Iowa. He stated he had a Penn State offer and probably would've commit to Penn State if we didn't low ball him and cancel every visit he wanted to come on. But congrats for your dumbass logic again.

steelernation77
05-31-2009, 09:13 PM
He was down to Penn State and Iowa. He stated he had a Penn State offer and probably would've commit to Penn State if we didn't low ball him and cancel every visit he wanted to come on. But congrats for your dumbass logic again.

Yes because Penn State is so effing amazing. Love that arrogance. No wonder rushing the field at Kinnick was so much fun last year.

ToldLikeItIs
06-01-2009, 01:31 AM
He visited Penn State on Saturday, had an offer, and declined it in favor of Iowa.

Which I'm totally cool with..

Also up to 280 now instead of his previously listed 255.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-01-2009, 03:14 AM

Jelani Jenkins cost us our top 10 spot by selfishly doing what he thought was in his best interest.... :( :D

---------

FAIL...Ricardo Miller wishes he was Adrian Coxson. :p Jumped to the 25th player in the nation on scout, 5* prospect and the #2 WR behind only Kyle Prater. I know I've said it a bunch of times on here, but Coxson really is ridiculous.

Adrian Coxson
Ht: 6-1 Wt: 194 40: 4.5
Position: WR
Year: Class of 2010
High School: Baltimore City College (Baltimore, MD)

2010 Scout.com HS Football Rankings (full list):
Pos: WR Pos Rank: #2 Pos Rating: *****

---------

What I like most about the '10 PSU class this early is that pretty much every committed prospect had said prior to even having a PSU offer that they were PSU fans. PJ is always decked out in PSU garb (ditto for his fam), Silas Redd's room (according to him) is littered with autographed PSU posters/collectibles and he said that PSU was his dream school, Adrian Coxson loves PSU, Luke Graham is a big time PSU fan, Mike Hull is a legacy recruit and no doubt all about PSU.

kwilk103
06-01-2009, 03:38 AM
according to latwan andersons facebook page (no i did not look it up, someone on our board did; it's private anyways)

1. wvu
2. msu
3. michigan
4. miami

JHG722
06-01-2009, 04:17 AM

Casually dick over you guys? LMAO try being a Temple fan...

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-01-2009, 05:34 AM
Casually dick over you guys? LMAO try being a Temple fan...

MY BAD. HAH. :eek:

Sniper
06-01-2009, 07:22 AM
http://yourseason.suntimes.com/football/1600319,053009-football-recruiting-prater-cooper-illinois.article

Meanwhile, the top-rated player in the Chicago area, 6-7, 250-pound tight end C.J. Fiedorowicz of Johnsburg, has 18 offers but admits Ohio State and Iowa head his list. He could commit on Sept. 12, when he attends the USC-Ohio State game in Columbus, Ohio. He admits the recruiting process "has been a lot tougher than I thought it would be."

"Originally, I thought I would commit in the spring, but now it will be in the fall," he said. "The process is pretty stressful. There is so much you have to look at. You have to know who is BS'ing you. College coaches are pulling you in a lot of different ways. I have narrowed my options, and now I must decide what is best for me."

Fiedorowicz still hasn't discounted Wisconsin and Notre Dame. Aside from the Sept. 12 trip to Ohio State, he plans to visit Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois before making his decision. It appears Ohio State would have an edge "if they use their offense like I want them to."

"I wish they used the tight end more. Last year, they used the tight end only 15 times [for passes]," he said. "If they don't change, I'll probably go to Iowa. It's not fun to be a tight end if all you do is block. I want to catch the ball, go for deep and mid-range passes. But with Terrelle Pryor in the offense, will they want to pass the ball to the tight end a lot?"

Fiedorowicz has worked hard to become the best football prospect he can be. He passed up baseball this spring to improve his quickness by sprinting on the track team. He has been timed in 11.4 seconds for 100 meters and 23.8 for the 200. He covers 40 yards in 4.5 seconds. He's a member of Johnsburg's 400-meter relay that qualified for the state finals.

Told could be right. Goodness, what is this world coming to?

JoeyJr09
06-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Miami tidbits:

-4* OL Brandon Linder names Miami his leader finally.

-4* S Brian Robinson was looking like a Miami lean but there are rumors now that he wants to go OOS.

- 3* WR Shawn Corker is down to Miami and Texas Tech.

- While he should still end up at either UF or UGA, Miami has made up some ground with 4* RB Mack Brown. FSU has as well.

- 2011's likely number 1 player MNW QB Teddy Bridgewater named UGA his early leader. He's just playing games.

- We are suddenly making up more ground with 4* OL Torrian Wilson and are back in the top 5. Not sure how much that has to do with our coaching staff starting to really recruit him or Todd Chandler being in his ear.

-We're supposedly looking real good for 3* CB Darius Robinson, 3* LB Michael Taylor, NR CB Cliff Coleman, 3* CB Keion Payne and 3* QB Turner Baty (if we decide we want him).

- OC Mark's Whipple's son is a QB at STA and Whipple spends alot of time there lately.

-Not looking so good with 4* CB Demar Dorsey, 5* LB Jeff Luc, 4* RB Eduardo Clements and 3* LB Tyrone Cornelius.

- Do be surprised if 4* TE Brian Vogler picks Miami.

That's all I got for now.

ironman4579
06-01-2009, 08:34 AM
http://yourseason.suntimes.com/football/1600319,053009-football-recruiting-prater-cooper-illinois.article

I believe that's actually the 3rd sign of the apocalypse.

HindSight
06-01-2009, 09:22 AM

Doesn't sound good for Iowa in that link....unless I can't read?

Sniper
06-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Doesn't sound good for Iowa in that link....unless I can't read?

"I wish they used the tight end more. Last year, they used the tight end only 15 times [for passes]," he said. "If they don't change, I'll probably go to Iowa. It's not fun to be a tight end if all you do is block. I want to catch the ball, go for deep and mid-range passes.

Pass-catching tight ends at Ohio State? Come on...

Sniper
06-01-2009, 10:28 AM
http://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/the-tennessee-vols-want-you-and-you-and-you/

Tennessee has 187 offers out...way more than Michigan, which is amazing considering UM's got about 130ish out.

keylime_5
06-01-2009, 10:30 AM
I expect they'll use the tight end more with Ballard and Stoneburner. Stoneburner will be a glorified big WR or H-Back like Kellen Winslow or Travis Beckum, not a blocker. So we'll use the TE more this year, but will we use it enough? Iowa is a tight end paradise compared to a lot of schools.

bigbenn
06-01-2009, 11:07 AM

Illinois really needs to get Fiedorwicz...I really hope he does come down for a visit. That may put them in the game...he isn't the #1 prospect though...

Hines
06-01-2009, 11:18 AM
Marcus Lattimore's top 8: Penn State, Maryland, Alabama, Clemson, South Carolina, Auburn, North Carolina, Florida State. Claims no favorite and is wide open. I don't think Maryland, Alabama, or Clemson will get an official.

Sniper
06-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Marcus Lattimore's top 8: Penn State, Maryland, Alabama, Clemson, South Carolina, Auburn, North Carolina, Florida State. Claims no favorite and is wide open. I don't think Maryland, Alabama, or Clemson will get an official.

Probably doesn't need officials to S. Carolina and Clemson.

CashmoneyDrew
06-01-2009, 11:52 AM
http://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/the-tennessee-vols-want-you-and-you-and-you/

Tennessee has 187 offers out...way more than Michigan, which is amazing considering UM's got about 130ish out.

Yup, saw that yesterday. This staff is working their asses off.

draftguru151
06-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Miami tidbits:

- Do be surprised if 4* TE Brian Vogler picks Miami.

Good stuff. Really hope we can get Vogler. One of the main guys I'm hoping we get.

fresssh
06-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Joey, I heard we backed off Dorsey for some reason. But what did u hear about Cornelius, thats surprising.

kwilk103
06-01-2009, 02:24 PM
dorsey likes wvu

JoeyJr09
06-01-2009, 04:14 PM
dorsey likes Bama

Fixed it for you.

Newbs24
06-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Christian Pace has made the call and he is now committed to Michigan. Gotta love that. Kid is a mauler. We are getting some very nasty OL and they seem to be great fits for our scheme. Very happy with this pickup.

JoeyJr09
06-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Joey, I heard we backed off Dorsey for some reason. But what did u hear about Cornelius, thats surprising.

He's cooling on us. Looks like GT has taken the lead and we are in a 2nd group that includes Auburn, and South Carolina.

We could still land him but it's not the slam dunk we all thought.

Sniper
06-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Christian Pace has made the call and he is now committed to Michigan. Gotta love that. Kid is a mauler. We are getting some very nasty OL and they seem to be great fits for our scheme. Very happy with this pickup.

Link please?

Sniper
06-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Never mind, found it. Awesome. Got someone blocking for all of those skill position players.

Sniper
06-01-2009, 06:28 PM
http://mgoblog.com/content/ken-wilkins-sets-date-announce

Ken Wilkins will announce his college choice next Tuesday at noon. It sounds like he wants to have his moment to let us know who it is, so I think we should let him have it.

Newbs24
06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Hoping Cullen Christian gets his but on campus ASAP and ends this. He was just jumped to the #3 CB in the nation and 69 overall. Summer Camp cant get here soon enough.

703SKINS202
06-01-2009, 07:19 PM

Guesses on where he ends up?

Sniper
06-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Guesses on where he ends up?

If I had to guess, I'd say Michigan.

703SKINS202
06-01-2009, 07:30 PM
That would be my guess as well.

kwilk103
06-01-2009, 07:49 PM
michigan, wvu, pitt, maryland, or uva for wilkins

really it's wvu or michigan

his coach is a big 10 guy, though

Hines
06-01-2009, 07:54 PM

He would be all Penn State if we were to get an offer. Good get for Michigan if he goes there.

Hoping Cullen Christian gets his but on campus ASAP and ends this. He was just jumped to the #3 CB in the nation and 69 overall. Summer Camp cant get here soon enough.

I like Christian a good bit, but no way do I think he is a top 5 corner in the country,

kwilk103
06-01-2009, 07:55 PM
He would be all Penn State if we were to get an offer. Good get for Michigan if he goes there.

not really....

Hines
06-01-2009, 08:11 PM
not really....

http://www.nittanynetwork.com/index.php/component/resource/article/259-wilkins-gives-update-at-nike-combine

Yeah two months ago, but if he got a scholarship offer, he'd probably favor Penn State. I will find other links about him favoring Penn State.

kwilk103
06-01-2009, 08:45 PM
and thats not what i heard

superman8456
06-01-2009, 08:49 PM
and thats not what i heard

he provided a link to what he has "heard", you haven't

Newbs24
06-01-2009, 08:53 PM

I like Christian a good bit, but no way do I think he is a top 5 corner in the country,

I think they like Cullen so much because he is a legit 6-1 and has the hips to cover. 6-1 for a corner is a very nice number to have. I hope he picks Michigan and if he does, I really like he Turner and Witty as corners for our future.

kwilk103
06-01-2009, 08:59 PM
he provided a link to what he has "heard", you haven't

brother knows him

keylime_5
06-01-2009, 10:13 PM
kwilk went to the same high school as kenny wilkins. wild coincidence.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-01-2009, 10:32 PM
It doesn't matter...PSU didn't offer. PSU didn't offer Wilkins, PSU hasn't offered Christian. Saying that Wilkins tried fishing for tOSU & PSU offers is putting it kindly....he was on a one-two month kick where that was about all he did. The last article I saw on Wilkins was from Allen Wallace, Kenny says he is a little surprised PSU didn't offer...and that PSU wasn't recruiting him anywhere near as hard as all of the other schools.

We offered NC DE Kareem Martin about a week ago, and there is some speculation that NJ DE TJ Clemmings may have also gotten his hands on a ship but there has been no confirmation at this point. It is also expected that we lead for both PA ATH/Lineman Kyle Baublitz as well as DE/OLB Dakota Royer...so the coaches must know something or feel better about those two (or other guys already offered) than they do Wilkins.

Good luck to Wilkins at Michigan (probably?).

ToldLikeItIs
06-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Ohio State offered another TE along with Welch and Fiedorowicz.

I predict a commitment from CJ before the College World Series begins here in my current home of Omaha, Nebraska.

Anyone planning on attending is welcome to meet up for a beer or twelve btw.

Hines
06-02-2009, 12:07 AM
I think they like Cullen so much because he is a legit 6-1 and has the hips to cover. 6-1 for a corner is a very nice number to have. I hope he picks Michigan and if he does, I really like he Turner and Witty as corners for our future.

Oh trust me, I love Cullen a lot, but I do not think he is a top 3 corner in the nation. I loved his video and he plays a very phsyical game, which I love.

kwilk103
06-02-2009, 02:25 AM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/local_news/epaper/2009/06/01/0601hampton.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=76

PAHOKEE — An assistant football coach at Pahokee Junior Senior High School was fired today after being arrested Saturday on a charge of selling drugs.

Demetres Hampton, 32, of Pahokee, had been an assistant coach at the school since 2001 and helped to coach the powerhouse Blue Devils team to last year's 2B state championship
A Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputy stopped his car Saturday night in Pahokee after noticing the smell of marijuana emanating from the window, according to an arrest report.

A search of the car turned up marijuana baggies and Ecstasy pills, the report said.

Hampton admitted to the deputy that the drugs were his and that he was planning to sell them. the report said.

It was Hampton's first arrest in Florida, records show. A background check conducted before he was hired indicated he had no previous criminal past, according to a Palm Beach County School District spokesman.

School district spokesman Nat Harrington said there is no indication that he dealt drugs to students, and that he was only on campus for practices and games during football season.

He will no longer be allowed to interact with the team, Harrington said.

Staff writer Sonja Isger and staff researcher Niels Heimeriks contributed to this story

JoeyJr09
06-02-2009, 06:48 AM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/local_news/epaper/2009/06/01/0601hampton.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=76

PAHOKEE An assistant football coach at Pahokee Junior Senior High School was fired today after being arrested Saturday on a charge of selling drugs.

Demetres Hampton, 32, of Pahokee, had been an assistant coach at the school since 2001 and helped to coach the powerhouse Blue Devils team to last year's 2B state championship
A Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputy stopped his car Saturday night in Pahokee after noticing the smell of marijuana emanating from the window, according to an arrest report.

A search of the car turned up marijuana baggies and Ecstasy pills, the report said.

Hampton admitted to the deputy that the drugs were his and that he was planning to sell them. the report said.

It was Hampton's first arrest in Florida, records show. A background check conducted before he was hired indicated he had no previous criminal past, according to a Palm Beach County School District spokesman.

School district spokesman Nat Harrington said there is no indication that he dealt drugs to students, and that he was only on campus for practices and games during football season.

He will no longer be allowed to interact with the team, Harrington said.

Staff writer Sonja Isger and staff researcher Niels Heimeriks contributed to this story

Not sure what the big deal is with this. We are talking about Pahokee. Drugs is not even a big deal with them. They had a kid killed last year. It's a bad place. This is a non-story for that school.

BamaFalcon59
06-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Although two of them aren't locks, I'm drooling at the possibility of a defensive line class consisting of Nick Acree, Evan Hailes, Derrick Hopkins, and Zack McCray. Another defensive end probably as well, maybe Kareem Martin. Not looking good with many other ends, though. And then right behind them at linebacker three of Tahrick Peak, Nick Forbes, Brian Laiti, Travis Williams, Chase Williams, Michael Taylor, and Javarie Johnson.

Boom! And then one of my favorite prospects, the mega beast Nick Dew, at safety. I expect him to be Rivals 250 by the end of the season.

Add in another safety (Jake Skole?) and a cornerback or two (Kyle Fuller, maybe one more) and this is a beast defensive class if all pans out correctly.

I don't expect to get Hailes, though.

HindSight
06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Pass-catching tight ends at Ohio State? Come on...
The offense changes with the personnel. This year there are some pass catching TEs and no bruising RBs.

HindSight
06-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Yup, saw that yesterday. This staff is working their asses off.
Handing out offers like candy in a parade is working? I thought evaluating and deciding who to offer a limited # of scholarships was working.

keylime_5
06-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Ohio State offered another TE along with Welch and Fiedorowicz.

I predict a commitment from CJ before the College World Series begins here in my current home of Omaha, Nebraska.

Anyone planning on attending is welcome to meet up for a beer or twelve btw.

yah. Alani Fua, from the same high school as Nick Montana.

ToldLikeItIs
06-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Michigan WR Tony Jones is visiting soon and has a good relationship with coach Campbell.

He seems underrated.

CashmoneyDrew
06-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Handing out offers like candy in a parade is working? I thought evaluating and deciding who to offer a limited # of scholarships was working.

It gives them options. They don't have to take a commitment from everyone they offer obviously. It just shows that we have plenty of needs and need for numbers in this next class and they're working hard to fill those. You're blimey drunk if you think they're just handing them out like candy and hoping to get lucky. I guarantee they're watching the film and only offering guys that fit their system.

HindSight
06-02-2009, 02:52 PM
And what do they say to the kid who wants to be the schools #1 target.....but he's one of 15 other kids at his position who have offers?

JoeyJr09
06-02-2009, 04:25 PM
Although two of them aren't locks, I'm drooling at the possibility of a defensive line class consisting of Nick Acree, Evan Hailes, Derrick Hopkins, and Zack McCray. Another defensive end probably as well, maybe Kareem Martin. Not looking good with many other ends, though. And then right behind them at linebacker three of Tahrick Peak, Nick Forbes, Brian Laiti, Travis Williams, Chase Williams, Michael Taylor, and Javarie Johnson.

Boom! And then one of my favorite prospects, the mega beast Nick Dew, at safety. I expect him to be Rivals 250 by the end of the season.

Add in another safety (Jake Skole?) and a cornerback or two (Kyle Fuller, maybe one more) and this is a beast defensive class if all pans out correctly.

I don't expect to get Hailes, though.

You can pretty much forget Chase Williams and Michael Taylor.

Michael Taylor is a lock to either UGA or Miami. He ain't headed anywhere else. Chase Williams is begging LSU for an offer and seems likely to get one. If he does, it's over. Miami seems to be running 2nd there as well seeing as his dad coached Michael Barrow, our LB coach.

I'll admit I haven't followed Javarie Johnson much but your post was the 1st time I've ever heard him associated with VT.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-02-2009, 04:51 PM
LOLZ....PA OLineman Miles Dieffenbach has committed to PSU. 4*/#3 center on scout, rivals 3*/#38 OT....Pitt fans will hold a mass suicide this Friday at Walgreens. Had offers from Pitt, BC, FSU, UVA, and a bunch (5-6) of other schools.

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/869333.html (http://pennstate.scout.com/2/869333.html)

CashmoneyDrew
06-02-2009, 05:46 PM
And what do they say to the kid who wants to be the schools #1 target.....but he's one of 15 other kids at his position who have offers?

If he really wants to be Tennessee's number one target, then he shouldn't be afraid to either compete for a LOI or more playing time than the people at the same position in the same class if he does get a LOI. If they are afraid of competition, they can go somewhere else.

JHG722
06-02-2009, 06:09 PM
LOLZ....PA OLineman Miles Dieffenbach has committed to PSU. 4*/#3 center on scout, rivals 3*/#38 OT....Pitt fans will hold a mass suicide this Friday at Walgreens. Had offers from Pitt, BC, FSU, UVA, and a bunch (5-6) of other schools.

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/869333.html (http://pennstate.scout.com/2/869333.html)

Pretty sad they cant get someone from Fox Chapel.

kwilk103
06-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Pretty sad they cant get someone from Fox Chapel.

and his dad is a tennis coach at pitt i believe

TigerBait45
06-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Chase Williams is Gregg Williams kid right?

I haven't really heard anything about him in regards to LSU but I suppose it would make sense. I think they're holding out hope right now for Shaun Lewis and Justin Maclin as far as I can tell, but they're both outside backers.

They're very, very into Kevin Nelson but I figure he'll end up at UF now that he got his offer. I'll have to ask around about this.

kwilk103
06-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Chase Williams is Gregg Williams kid right?

I haven't really heard anything about him in regards to LSU but I suppose it would make sense. I think they're holding out hope right now for Shaun Lewis and Justin Maclin as far as I can tell, but they're both outside backers.

They're very, very into Kevin Nelson but I figure he'll end up at UF now that he got his offer. I'll have to ask around about this.

yes

if he doesnt get an lsu offer, likely goes to wvu---at least what we're hearing

we could have a good lb class

williams (say top 3), nick forbes (top 3, along with vt and?) and lead for troy gloster

Sniper
06-02-2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2009/06/02/highly-touted-mizzou-recruit-taking-juco-route/

As he was the #4 rated player at any position in the entire nation by Rivals.com, the whole of Missouri Nation let out a collective sigh of relief when heavily-recruited in-state player Sheldon Richardson chose the Tigers barely over Miami of Florida this past February.

Now, though, those sighs of relief have turned into yet another round of anticipation. And, perhaps, another round of recruiting.

According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Richardson failed to qualify academically and will attend a California junior college for the next two seasons in order to get his grades in order. In order to maximize his eligibility at Missouri, the paper reports, Richardson will redshirt this season before playing the College of the Sequoias in 2010.

Richardson said he worked on this plan of attack with the Missouri football program, and has every intention of honoring his commitment to the university.

Im not opening up my recruiting: Its still Mizzou, the defensive end/tight end told the paper. Its going to hold up. Me and (assistant coach Cornell) Ford and (head coach) Gary Pinkel and Coach (Curtis) Allen (in California) planned a year-and-a-half and then Ill be back.

Of course, its very easy to say what one intends to do nearly two years from now. Its quite another, however, to follow through on said actions.

Especially when said player, when asked how close he was to signing with the Hurricanes this past February 4, told the reporter that it was fifty-fifty. It was up in the air.

JoeyJr09
06-02-2009, 09:58 PM
yes

if he doesnt get an lsu offer, likely goes to wvu---at least what we're hearing

we could have a good lb class

williams (say top 3), nick forbes (top 3, along with vt and?) and lead for troy gloster

We are hearing he'll come to Miami if he doesnt go to LSU. Dad wants him to play for Michael Barrow who he coached.

JoeyJr09
06-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Snipe, that's basically word for word what I said about Richardson all last year. He was real close to coming to Miami but would end up at JUCO either way.

We were hearing all along that there was zero chance he would qualify.

JHG722
06-02-2009, 10:02 PM
and his dad is a tennis coach at pitt i believe

Yup, his dad is the head coach.

bearsfan_51
06-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Since the 2009 thread is closed, I'll put this in here.

5 star recruit Sheldon Richardson failed to qualify and is now attending JC. Tough blow for Missouri, but not a surprise at all.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2009/jun/02/richardson-officially-headed-to-junior-college/

BPhilb
06-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Since the 2009 thread is closed, I'll put this in here.

5 star recruit Sheldon Richardson failed to qualify and is now attending JC. Tough blow for Missouri, but not a surprise at all.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2009/jun/02/richardson-officially-headed-to-junior-college/

Not suprising. Luckily we are as stacked on the DLine as we have ever been and would likely have redshirted him anyway. Next year though could be Joey and I exchanging daily emails trying to figure out what he is going to do.

On another note both Justin McCay and Marcu Lucas were at the Missouri camp in Kansas City today and apparently had a great time and have talked about going to school together. They were also hanging with commit Lucas Vincent. We have felt good about Lucas all along, but McCay has offers from everyone and if we could somehow snag him it would be a major coup.

BamaFalcon59
06-02-2009, 10:39 PM
You can pretty much forget Chase Williams and Michael Taylor.

Michael Taylor is a lock to either UGA or Miami. He ain't headed anywhere else. Chase Williams is begging LSU for an offer and seems likely to get one. If he does, it's over. Miami seems to be running 2nd there as well seeing as his dad coached Michael Barrow, our LB coach.

I'll admit I haven't followed Javarie Johnson much but your post was the 1st time I've ever heard him associated with VT.

We're not out of it for Williams. He wanted a VT offer, we recently gave it. He was high on us early but we didn't offer.

Taylor likes us, I think he is UGA bound, though.

We just offered Johnson, that's why.

The two or three LB spots are most likely to consist of Peak and Laiti/ Travis Williams/ Forbes. Which is fine by me; Chase Williams and Johnson got later offers than they did. The only early LB offer who were not a favorite on is Taylor.

BRAVEHEART
06-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Punter Matt Darr commits to USC.

Hines
06-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Penn State offered a pair of Byrnes players, Cory Miller and Brandon Willis. I hope these offers somewhat help Lattimore in becoming a Lion. It would be great to reel in all three, but I doubt we land them.

wicket
06-03-2009, 02:07 PM
lache seastrunk is rumoured to be a silent to auburn. (who have broken about every minor infraction recruiting rule in their big cat weekend or something like that its called, they really should be more strict in that stuff)

djp
06-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Punter Matt Darr commits to USC.

And that locks up the #1 class for USC... it's over folks. :)

BigJohn98
06-03-2009, 02:42 PM
LOL, Lamarcus Joyner's uncle is on the Rivals Mainboard dissing FSU. He said it would be stupid for him to go to FSU.

Sorry he's not considering Miami.

djp
06-03-2009, 02:47 PM
LOL, Lamarcus Joyner's uncle is on the Rivals Mainboard dissing FSU. He said it would be stupid for him to go to FSU.

LOL, link?

BigJohn98
06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=2208&tid=128836145&mid=128836145&sid=880&style=2

If you have have a premium subscribtion, it's at the bottom of the thread.

wicket
06-03-2009, 03:00 PM

he's been on a seperate nd board as well (non rivals or scout)/ was really respectfull there.

JoeyJr09
06-03-2009, 03:10 PM
We've heard he's already done to FSU.

wicket
06-03-2009, 03:58 PM
jake heaps is apparently announcing tomorrow. byu washington and tennesee seem to be the prime contenders. I hope he picks washington tbh.

JHG722
06-03-2009, 04:16 PM
lache seastrunk is rumoured to be a silent to auburn. (who have broken about every minor infraction recruiting rule in their big cat weekend or something like that its called, they really should be more strict in that stuff)

Lache Seastrunk is going from Temple, Texas and Temple High School to Temple University :)

One can dream...

Sniper
06-03-2009, 04:18 PM

JUCO DL John Brown has committed to Tennessee. Brown originally committed to Florida out of HS

Newbs24
06-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Can't wait to see how John Brown "qualifies" at Tenn. Heard he is not the smartest cat and has a terrible classroom work ethic.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2009, 06:19 PM
jake heaps is apparently announcing tomorrow. byu washington and tennesee seem to be the prime contenders. I hope he picks washington tbh.

I think there's about a 1% chance he chooses Tennessee. BYU in my opinion.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-03-2009, 06:26 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA....PA OT Tom Ricketts just committed to PSU. His dad was a 1st round draft pick OLineman out of Pitt. 6'6 265-270-ish...Scout 4*/#24? OT.

Sniper
06-03-2009, 06:27 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA....PA OT Tom Ricketts just committed to PSU. His dad was a 1st round draft pick OLineman out of Pitt. 6'6 265-270-ish...Scout 4*/#24? OT.

You get way too worked up over this.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Haven't really spoken about Jake Heaps with you guys, but I feel he's going to BYU, but what does everyone else think? Anyone think he picks Washington tomorrow? Anyone think he pulls the ultimate shocker with Tennessee?

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-03-2009, 07:04 PM
You get way too worked up over this.

You FAIL. SRSLY? This would be like Michigan taking two tOSU legacy recruits that tOSU had offered and pursued hard...PSU just took two scout 4* PA OLineman from Pitt, both legacies, in consecutive days....Dieffenbach's dad is employed by Pitt as the womens tennis HC and Rickett's dad was a 1st round draft pick OLineman out of Pitt. We just single-handily KO'ed Pitt, don't be surprised to see 8 fans at their games next year.

--------

PSU CLASS (scout):

5*/#3 QB Paul Jones
5*/#2 WR Adrian Coxson

4*/#14 RB Silas Redd
4*/#3 C Miles Dieffenbach
4*/#24 OT Tom Ricketts
4*/#2 MLB Mike Hull

3*/#8 OG Luke Graham

BRAVEHEART
06-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Haven't really spoken about Jake Heaps with you guys, but I feel he's going to BYU, but what does everyone else think? Anyone think he picks Washington tomorrow? Anyone think he pulls the ultimate shocker with Tennessee?

The fact that he's choosing this early makes me think it's either BYU or Tenn.

Sniper
06-03-2009, 07:08 PM
You FAIL. SRSLY? This would be like Michigan taking two tOSU legacy recruits that tOSU had offered and pursued hard...

No. Michigan taking two OSU legacy recruits that they offered and pursued would be more impressive. You see, we actually play against our rivals. Bad luck lately, sure, but yeah, we play our rivals. How can you be rivals if you don't play?

don't be surprised to see 8 fans at their games next year.

Because you took two recruits? Mmmmk.

jballa838
06-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Rumor is there is a zero percent chance he goes to UT. I need to pray tonight that _____ will lead Heaps to UW and it'll all be good then. this link has him going to the Y
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=498&sid=6701804

jballa838
06-03-2009, 07:34 PM
found a second link
http://www.sltrib.com/byucougars/ci_12512368
this is so depressing. I am going to still try and go. Tell him good luck and all that.

Hines
06-03-2009, 07:36 PM
I like Tom Ricketts. He has a very, very good frame and a legit 6'6. Could be a real good player down the line. I love how we are taking the WPIAL over this year.

JHG722
06-03-2009, 07:42 PM

Wow, from North Allegheny? Pitt=epic fail...

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-03-2009, 07:57 PM
No. Michigan taking two OSU legacy recruits that they offered and pursued would be more impressive. You see, we actually play against our rivals. Bad luck lately, sure, but yeah, we play our rivals. How can you be rivals if you don't play?

Where did I say Pitt was our rival? HMMMMMM? ;) They are an in-state program in a major conference...they just lost two legacy recruits to PSU. You have a total of 4 parents between the two kids and 3 of them graduated from Pitt...yet both kids are 4* OLineman and just told Pitt to suck it. Don't HATE. :)

Because you took two recruits? Mmmmk.

No, because thy had 10 last year...and proceeded to lose 3-0 to Oregon State in their Bowl Game.

BLAH BLAH BLAH ...

JHG722
06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Maybe the guys who usually commit to Pitt will realize that Pitt sucks and will commit to Temple instead.

Temple ^
Pitt v

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Wow, from North Allegheny? Pitt=epic fail...

YEP. DAGGER. :D PSU literally just took the top 3 in-state OLineman, all from the WPIAL. If you are Pitt and can't get kids from Fox Chapel and North Allegheny, it may be time to shut down the football program.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Maybe the guys who usually commit to Pitt will realize that Pitt sucks and will commit to Temple instead.

Temple ^
Pitt v

I seriously wish they would...Wannstedt is a douche bag, he doesn't win, he isn't a good coach, and he isn't getting the most out of kids (for the Pitt program, or for the kids themselves) on either side of the ball. Al Golden is a good guy, isn't a douche bag, and more importantly, knows what the hell is going on...plus he is a PSU alum so that doesn't hurt. :p

Sniper
06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH ...

I counted 20 recruits.

JHG722
06-03-2009, 08:15 PM
YEP. DAGGER. :D PSU literally just took the top 3 in-state OLineman, all from the WPIAL. If you are Pitt and can't get kids from Fox Chapel and North Allegheny, it may be time to shut down the football program.

Nuh uh, #1 in PA is from Philly. Shame he verballed to BC :/

Is Royer gonna commit to PSU? I know we offered him early.

JHG722
06-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I seriously wish they would...Wannstedt is a douche bag, he doesn't win, he isn't a good coach, and he isn't getting the most out of kids (for the Pitt program, or for the kids themselves) on either side of the ball. Al Golden is a good guy, isn't a douche bag, and more importantly, knows what the hell is going on...plus he is a PSU alum so that doesn't hurt. :p

I wish so too. Maybe then we could beat you :)

Hines
06-03-2009, 08:16 PM

I wasn't that high on Bentacourt although we did reel in his teamate last season.

I think we are his leader, but ND is up there with us, and I think North Carolina could make a push.

Sniper
06-03-2009, 08:17 PM

The #1 in PA is from Philly, but he hasn't verballed anywhere yet.

Hines
06-03-2009, 08:18 PM

I really, really want Floyd.

JHG722
06-03-2009, 08:19 PM
I wasn't that high on Bentacourt although we did reel in his teamate last season.

I think we are his leader, but ND is up there with us, and I think North Carolina could make a push.

Yeah, I thought we could've somehow gotten Bettancourt being a local guy. I talked to a guy whose coming to Temple next year (student, not football player), who goes to school with Seth, and he tried to convince him to play at Temple. Obviously didnt work.

#1 what? #1 OT in PA is from Philly and he committed to BC.

JHG722
06-03-2009, 08:19 PM

Oh, reef, true. I think we're somehow still on his list. He would be our greatest get ever to say the least.

Sniper
06-03-2009, 08:21 PM

Join the club. He'd continue Michigan's "one bad-ass DT per year" streak that's been going on for the past two years.

JHG722
06-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Join the club. He'd continue Michigan's "one bad-ass DT per year" streak that's been going on for the past two years.

He'd continue the trend of Temple DTs in the NFL :P

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Floyd is ridiculously good, but I'm not even caught up on what he does right now because that ish will probably be some signing day drama once he gets 50 different people in his ear, half that don't have good intentions or his best interest in mind. I want to see PSU get on NY OL/DL DaQuan Jones, especially if he camps in late June...really, really want that kid at PSU.

JHG722
06-03-2009, 11:52 PM
His best interest would be staying home in North Philly and playing for the Owls :)

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Heaps committed to BYU according to Rivals.

wicket
06-04-2009, 01:30 AM
Heaps committed to BYU according to Rivals.

crap i wanted him to go to udub

Sniper
06-04-2009, 02:08 AM
His best interest would be staying home in North Philly and playing for the Owls :)

Going to Temple would be his worst interest.

JHG722
06-04-2009, 04:10 AM
Going to Temple would be his worst interest.

Not really. He could dominate and be in the spotlight more than being amongst people who are all in the spotlight anyway. Not to mention help turning his 'home' team into a Bowl Game winner.

HindSight
06-04-2009, 08:07 AM
we get it. we get it. you like temple.

YAYareaRB
06-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Jake Heaps to BYU

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/highschools/story/766662.html

He might be the highest rated commit BYU has had in years. Heaps is coming to Happy Valley!

We'll raise our colors high in the blue,
And cheer our Cougars of BYU.

YAYareaRB
06-04-2009, 10:38 AM
I was just on scout and it says Heaps is going to Utah.. WTF?

Sniper
06-04-2009, 10:39 AM
I was just on scout and it says Heaps is going to Utah.. WTF?

You didn't bother to read the article, did you? He's going to the state of Utah this weekend for BYU's Junior Day.

bearsfan_51
06-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Not really. He could dominate and be in the spotlight more than being amongst people who are all in the spotlight anyway.

Ah yes..the great spotlight at Temple.

Sniper
06-04-2009, 11:16 AM

There's no bigger stage than North Philly.

Sniper
06-04-2009, 11:41 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail

OT Seantrel Henderson starts to focus search
Elite ESPNU 150 Watch List offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson is holding over 50 scholarship offers. According to affiliate Web site OUInsider.com, he has started trimming his list.

He said, "Right now it is not official, but I like Minnesota, USC, UCLA, Michigan, Iowa, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida State, Florida and LSU. There are some other schools, but that would be my top choices right now."

Henderson also shared what he's looking for, "I want to know the teams' depth chart and who they have coming in. I want to know if they are going to have a nice quarterback and who else they have on the offensive line. Then just being comfortable around the team and on campus, and finding a school where I can be at for the next four years, or maybe even five. I can play in any offense, and distance from home doesn't really matter."

Notre Dame, Michigan State, South Carolina, Oregon, Boston College and North Carolina are a few of the other programs that have extended offers.

Additionally, Henderson calls basketball his favorite sport and has been offered on the hardwood by Marquette and St. Louis.

I know it's early, but I'm surprised that ND isn't it.

YAYareaRB
06-04-2009, 11:46 AM
You didn't bother to read the article, did you? He's going to the state of Utah this weekend for BYU's Junior Day.

I clicked on to it after I posted. Damn these scouts

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Sounds like if Tennessee had a commit from a guy like Andrew Hendrix or Jesse Scroggins they might be in a better position with Seantrel.

ToldLikeItIs
06-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Taylor Graham has Iowa #1. Kent Graham's son and QB from Ill.

ToldLikeItIs
06-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Seantrel is actually pretty into the Hawks.

Offical visit for sure.

Sniper
06-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Seantrel is actually pretty into the Hawks.

Offical visit for sure.

He's said that Michigan and USC are the only two that have locked up officials. However, I do think he'll visit Iowa officially.

critesy
06-04-2009, 01:31 PM
i have a feeling auburn is actually going to get a top recruit this year.

Sniper
06-04-2009, 01:34 PM
i have a feeling auburn is actually going to get a top recruit this year.

Lache Seastrunk and/or Marcus Lattimore.

HindSight
06-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Where did I say Pitt was our rival?

when you compared the situation to Michigan stealing 2 OSU legacies.

JHG722
06-04-2009, 02:54 PM

Yeah, only the fourth largest media market in the country. Not to mention ESPN will be all over us once we reach a Bowl Game, given our past situation.

Thanks for the sarcasm.

There's no bigger stage than North Philly.

Thats for damn sure.

when you compared the situation to Michigan stealing 2 OSU legacies.

PSU and Temple are rivals. It's one-sided, and they steal all our recruits, but it's still a rivalry. Pitt and Penn State arent really a rivalry at all.

Sniper
06-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah, only the fourth largest media market in the country. Not to mention ESPN will be all over us once we reach a Bowl Game, given our past situation.

Philadelphia isn't a college football town. He'd be dumb to pass up big-time offers to play at Temple.

JHG722
06-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Philadelphia isn't a college football town. He'd be dumb to pass up big-time offers to play at Temple.

You're right; it's a pro football town. Doesn't mean college football cant be embraced. It will once we go Bowling.

Enough people here care about Penn State...

FatJJ44
06-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I actually played both of PSU's new oline commits. My high school plays both teams every year. North allegheny is probably our biggest rival, even though they beat on us every year. Random post of the day haha

Sniper
06-04-2009, 03:19 PM
I actually played both of PSU's new oline commits. My high school plays both teams every year. North allegheny is probably our biggest rival, even though they beat on us every year. Random post of the day haha

Which one's better?

superman8456
06-04-2009, 03:23 PM
The school I teach at plays Seth Betancourts team every year on Thanksgiving (well, most years when they're not in the playoffs)

FTP! (**** the Prep)

HindSight
06-04-2009, 03:30 PM

Thanks for the sarcasm.

Thats for damn sure.

PSU and Temple are rivals. It's one-sided, and they steal all our recruits, but it's still a rivalry. Pitt and Penn State arent really a rivalry at all.
We understand. You like Temple. You don't have to remind us in every post you make.

He said Pitt was a rival when he compared the situation to OSU-Michigan. The end. Nobody is talking about Temple.

Sniper
06-04-2009, 03:38 PM
http://alabama.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=2&c=869793

DeMarcus Milliner, the #1 CB in the country, commits to Alabama.

Hollywood
06-04-2009, 03:46 PM
Here is a real good write up on the top 100 players in the state of Florida this year, really highlights the depth we have. I know the guy that wrote this, he is an FSU fan that lives here in Hollywood. Been around forever and really does go to all the games, practices and now runs his own camps. The only major gripe I have is I think he underrates Nix and Chandler (thinks Chandler is too small and Nix basically took his junior year off), but other than that it's spot on. Nice to see my guy Lemonier get some love, who is a no doubter 5 star IMO.

http://elitescoutingservices.com/2009/06/01/post-spring-top-100/#more-509

Sniper
06-04-2009, 04:57 PM
'Cardo at 19 fails. Take off the 9! :D

Marvin at 31? Seriously? I have a hard time believing that.

JHG722
06-04-2009, 05:07 PM
We understand. You like Temple. You don't have to remind us in every post you make.

He said Pitt was a rival when he compared the situation to OSU-Michigan. The end. Nobody is talking about Temple.

You're a douche, and I wasn't asking for your opinion. Douche.

Where you at, PR?

JoeyJr09
06-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Here is a real good write up on the top 100 players in the state of Florida this year, really highlights the depth we have. I know the guy that wrote this, he is an FSU fan that lives here in Hollywood. Been around forever and really does go to all the games, practices and now runs his own camps. The only major gripe I have is I think he underrates Nix and Chandler (thinks Chandler is too small and Nix basically took his junior year off), but other than that it's spot on. Nice to see my guy Lemonier get some love, who is a no doubter 5 star IMO.

http://elitescoutingservices.com/2009/06/01/post-spring-top-100/#more-509

Without a doubt, one of the better lists for Florida Ive seen. He does have Nix, Chandler and Robinson (nod to sniper) a tad low and guys liek BJ Butler, Corey Lemonier and Matt Elam a but too high (not as glaring in the case of Lemonier and Elam) but overall the list is solid.

Fish knows his stuff tho. I can't stand the FSU homerism he posts on Shadows board, but he knows his recruiting. Like the fact he has Delvin Jones, Demar Dorsey and Gideon Ajagbe ranked spot on. Every other place seems to overrate those guys big time.

Last note: Torrian Wilson at 63??? What the hell was he smoking with that ranking? He is top 30 at a very minimum.

Hollywood
06-04-2009, 05:10 PM
'Cardo at 19 fails. Take off the 9! :D

Marvin at 31? Seriously? I have a hard time believing that.

Being 31 in Florida is still pretty damn good. You can make a case for 40-50 4 star players in Florida this year. The amount of quality depth is ridiculous.

Sniper
06-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Being 31 in Florida is still pretty damn good. You can make a case for 40-50 4 star players in Florida this year. The amount of quality depth is ridiculous.

Maybe, but a guy with offers from Michigan, USC, Florida, Miami, Ohio State, UCLA, Georgia etc... at 31?

JoeyJr09
06-04-2009, 05:14 PM

Where you at, PR?

Can you stop it already?

You keep posting meaningless **** about Temple that has nothing to do with this thread at all. No one gives a damn.

I mean honestly? A one sided rivalry? What on earth is that? By it's very definition a rivalry takes 2 teams.

JoeyJr09
06-04-2009, 05:15 PM

He's still top 20 in the state.

Hollywood
06-04-2009, 05:23 PM
eh maybe. The only ones off that list I'd debate putting below Robinson that are ahead of him are Bernard, Clements, Butler, Godfrey, Shaw, Harris and Gainer. Then there are a few I'd move ahead of him. I think it's about right...

JoeyJr09
06-04-2009, 05:40 PM
eh maybe. The only ones off that list I'd debate putting below Robinson that are ahead of him are Bernard, Clements, Butler, Godfrey, Shaw, Harris and Gainer. Then there are a few I'd move ahead of him. I think it's about right...

There's alot more then just those that should be below him.

Mitchell, Watkins, Riggs, Clements, Butler, Godfrey, Green, Wright, Robey, Shaw, Harris, Silberman, Gainer aren't as good as Robinson.

JRTPlaya21
06-04-2009, 07:31 PM
Wow great pick up for Bama. Him and Dre Kirkpatrick will make a scary duo.

cdub11
06-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Looks like Texas commit Ross Apo might be changing his commitment to BYU

JHG722
06-04-2009, 11:58 PM
I mean honestly? A one sided rivalry? What on earth is that? By it's very definition a rivalry takes 2 teams.

It means they win every time. I figured that wouldn't be so difficult to understand, but I overestimated you.

BRAVEHEART
06-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Looks like Texas commit Ross Apo might be changing his commitment to BYU

Is he mormon?

JHG722
06-05-2009, 04:56 AM
Is he mormon?

With one 'm' or two? :P

JoeyJr09
06-05-2009, 07:37 AM
It means they win every time. I figured that wouldn't be so difficult to understand, but I overestimated you.

That's not a rivalry. Thats an ass whoopin

cdub11
06-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Is he mormon?

He is mormon

cdub11
06-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Darius White, Lache Seastrunk and Trovon Redd will be in Austin this weekend for a camp

HindSight
06-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Where you at, PR?
And I wasn't asking for yours.