PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

YAYareaRB
06-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Here is a real good write up on the top 100 players in the state of Florida this year, really highlights the depth we have. I know the guy that wrote this, he is an FSU fan that lives here in Hollywood. Been around forever and really does go to all the games, practices and now runs his own camps. The only major gripe I have is I think he underrates Nix and Chandler (thinks Chandler is too small and Nix basically took his junior year off), but other than that it's spot on. Nice to see my guy Lemonier get some love, who is a no doubter 5 star IMO.

http://elitescoutingservices.com/2009/06/01/post-spring-top-100/#more-509

Funny to see the first RB at #8 from a state that is renowned for producing RBs.

Also, Jeff Luc is a monster.. Any word on what school he's leaning too?

YAYareaRB
06-05-2009, 11:55 AM
4 Star LB from Oaks Christian, Zac Stout commits to BYU

3 Star WR from Oakridge in Texas, Ross Apo commits BYU

http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=2&c=869908&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http://byu.scout.com/2/869908.html

bearsfan_51
06-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Yeah, only the fourth largest media market in the country. Not to mention ESPN will be all over us once we reach a Bowl Game, given our past situation.

Thanks for the sarcasm.

Nobody will give a damn if Temple makes the Motor City Bowl. New York is the largest media market in the country and they don't even have a College football team (I'm guessing Rutgers is about as big as it gets).

Conversly, Florida is one of the biggest programs in the country and they play in the middle of ******* nowhere.

College football has almost nothing to do with the size of market you play in, in fact, it can actually be damaging at times because big cities have pro teams and other fun **** to do.

College football is usually big in places where it's the only game in town. I know, I'm a Gophers fan that has to compete with 4 other pro teams.

BamaFalcon59
06-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I agree, see Alabama. Alabama and Auburn run the state sporting wise. And then VT is in Blacksburgh.

FatJJ44
06-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Which one's better?

They were both sophomores of my senior year so I really don't remember Ricketts (sp?), but the kid from Fox Chapel was just bigger than everyone. I never would've thought he would be going to Penn State, but it was only his sophomore year so keep that mind. And I go to the ****** high school of Butler

Hollywood
06-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Funny to see the first RB at #8 from a state that is renowned for producing RBs.

Also, Jeff Luc is a monster.. Any word on what school he's leaning too?

Jeff Luc is a battle between the big three, all have an equal shot at this point and none would surprise me. I think momentum may shift to one and then back to another all year until signing day or whenever he chooses to announce.

bwillie26
06-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Tyler Gabbert finally makes it official by committing to Nebraska.

That makes four 4*'s out of five commits for Nebraska.

OregonDucks
06-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Gabbert is tiny.

bwillie26
06-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Gabbert is tiny.

Size is becoming almost useless for B12 offenses since most are ran out of the gun. Nebraska is the same, except we are not going to a spread offense. We basically run a hyrbid offense where we run a WCO passing scheme out of the gun.

JoeyJr09
06-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Jeff Luc is a battle between the big three, all have an equal shot at this point and none would surprise me. I think momentum may shift to one and then back to another all year until signing day or whenever he chooses to announce.

He's leaning FSU last I heard and he was leaning us early so your probably right on with that assessment.

BTW YAY...The reason the 1st RB in the state is at number 8 is because the state is loaded with talent across the board this year.

BPhilb
06-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Gabbert is tiny.

He has bulked up a bit this year. He was a rail but I think given his genes he will fill out well. I don't see him playing in the next couple of years but should be a really nice QB down the road. We are stacked at QB at Mizzou which is probably part of the reason we didn't land him, but I really wanted to keep him away from Nebraska. You can leave our state alone now BWillie. :)

bwillie26
06-05-2009, 03:57 PM
You can leave our state alone now BWillie. :)

There are about 3 more from Mizzou that I know we are after. Only one of them I feel we have a legit shot at right now and that is obviously Marquise Hill.

BPhilb
06-05-2009, 04:19 PM
There are about 3 more from Mizzou that I know we are after. Only one of them I feel we have a legit shot at right now and that is obviously Marquise Hill.

Hill's been a pain since he committed so early and now doesn't seem to know what he wants to do. I know you guys have had him in and I'm a bit worried about Arkansas since his cousin went there. The one I really don't want to lose to you guys is Marcus Lucas who I feel would be great in our system.

You guys have to happy with your start.

BigJohn98
06-05-2009, 04:42 PM
He's leaning FSU last I heard and he was leaning us early so your probably right on with that assessment.

BTW YAY...The reason the 1st RB in the state is at number 8 is because the state is loaded with talent across the board this year.

A lot of people seem to think he chooses UF because of Charlie Strong. I'd love to get Luc, but I don't see him as the 8th best player in the country.

I also don't see what's so special about Matt Elam.

duckseason
06-05-2009, 06:19 PM
RB Brennan Clay to Oklahoma (http://oklahoma.scout.com/2/870158.html). Kinda surprised he pulled the trigger so soon.

BigJohn98
06-05-2009, 06:21 PM
DJ Johnson is on the verge of commiting to FSU.

wicket
06-05-2009, 06:22 PM
andrew hendrix is down to pOSU and ND, if Montana commits to one before he decides he is apparently choosing the other even though ND at least would take 2 qbs

bwillie26
06-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Hill's been a pain since he committed so early and now doesn't seem to know what he wants to do. I know you guys have had him in and I'm a bit worried about Arkansas since his cousin went there. The one I really don't want to lose to you guys is Marcus Lucas who I feel would be great in our system.

You guys have to happy with your start.

I know Hill and Gabbert are pretty tight. Do not know how well that will work out for us, but we will see.

I'll believe we are really 'in' for Lucas when I see it. However, with Gabbert on board it certainly helps us.

I hope he is like his brother in how he recruits. :)

bearsfan_51
06-06-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not, but Seantrel Henderson mentioned a short (sort-of) list the other day.

He said, "Right now it is not official, but I like Minnesota, USC, UCLA, Michigan, Iowa, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Florida State, Florida and LSU. There are some other schools, but that would be my top choices right now."

Notice anyone missing?

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2008/03/NotreDameFightingIrish.jpg

Hate to say I told you so......

JoeyJr09
06-06-2009, 01:35 PM
A lot of people seem to think he chooses UF because of Charlie Strong. I'd love to get Luc, but I don't see him as the 8th best player in the country.

I also don't see what's so special about Matt Elam.

UF is just the flavor of the moment because momma wants him there.

Itll pass.

By accounts he wants to be at Miami so I think the compromise will put him at FSU.

JoeyJr09
06-06-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not, but Seantrel Henderson mentioned a short (sort-of) list the other day.

Notice anyone missing?

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2008/03/NotreDameFightingIrish.jpg

Hate to say I told you so......

Your like 3 days late.

superman8456
06-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I would be surprised if Seantel Henderson went to a school in the SEC. I would hate it if he went to Ohio St.

BRAVEHEART
06-06-2009, 03:50 PM
RB Brennan Clay to Oklahoma (http://oklahoma.scout.com/2/870158.html). Kinda surprised he pulled the trigger so soon.

That's a big pick-up for them. Brennan is one of the best TB's in a california class that is stacked with some of the best TB's in the country.

bearsfan_51
06-06-2009, 04:38 PM
Your like 3 days late.

Your is possessive. You + are = you're

Anyway, I know he said this a few days ago but I just went back and didn't see anything for the past few days on here. Maybe I missed it.

bearsfan_51
06-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I would be surprised if Seantel Henderson went to a school in the SEC. I would hate it if he went to Ohio St.

I would too. I think in terms of likelyhood it's probably.

1) USC
2) Minnesota
3) Ohio State
4) Michigan

I just can't see Iowa. Has there ever been a 5 * prospect commit to Iowa that wasn't from the state? It just doesn't make any sense to me why he would go there.

Hokie_Pokie08
06-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Zack McCray to VT. Word to your mother.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Pr_Key=80485

America
06-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Any new information on Jeff Luc. Last I heard he was leaning towards staying in-state.

BRAVEHEART
06-06-2009, 04:52 PM

I'm guessing that's a big get for ya'll?

BamaFalcon59
06-06-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm guessing that's a big get for ya'll?

Yes!!!!!!!

jbeans187
06-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Anyone have any info on 4* wr Jimmie Hunt? He says Mizzou leads and he is rumored to commit this weekend. But there are rumblings about his grades.

steelernation77
06-06-2009, 05:48 PM

1) USC
2) Minnesota
3) Ohio State
4) Michigan

I just can't see Iowa. Has there ever been a 5 * prospect commit to Iowa that wasn't from the state? It just doesn't make any sense to me why he would go there.

Dan Doering and Kyle Williams were both 5 star prospects from out of state.
Although I don't think he will go to Iowa, Kirk Ferentz should be a selling point for any offensive lineman. Gallery was drafted number two overall and Bulaga has a legit shot at atleast top ten.

JRTPlaya21
06-06-2009, 05:56 PM

Wooooohooooo!!!

JoeyJr09
06-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Any new information on Jeff Luc. Last I heard he was leaning towards staying in-state.

Looking 1 page back does wonders.

He's a 3 way battle with Miami, UF and FSU.

He's not even really considering anyone else.

OregonDucks
06-06-2009, 07:22 PM

Was really hoping we would end up with him.

iowatreat54
06-06-2009, 08:32 PM

1) USC
2) Minnesota
3) Ohio State
4) Michigan

Dan Doering in 05 and Kyle Williams in 04.

Believe it or not, Iowa is actually good at developing OL.

Dan Doering and Kyle Williams were both 5 star prospects from out of state.
Although I don't think he will go to Iowa, Kirk Ferentz should be a selling point for any offensive lineman. Gallery was drafted number two overall and Bulaga has a legit shot at atleast top ten.

Beat me to it. But yea, Iowa has more than a few OL that are in the NFL and Ferentz is well known for his ability to develop, coach, and train OL. That's a good enough reason to be interested in Iowa, imo.

superman8456
06-06-2009, 09:02 PM

1) USC
2) Minnesota
3) Ohio State
4) Michigan

I see it as:

USC
Oklahoma
UCLA
Michigan

I'm trying to exclude Ohio St because I dont want him to go there.

bearsfan_51
06-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Beat me to it. But yea, Iowa has more than a few OL that are in the NFL and Ferentz is well known for his ability to develop, coach, and train OL. That's a good enough reason to be interested in Iowa, imo.

But he could go to any program in the country. Can you honestly tell me that Iowa is his best chance to develop into a top 5 pick.

Look, I would LOVE it if he went to Minnesota, and from everything I've read he's very serious about it, but even I think he could probably help his pro career by going elsewhere, and we just hired Nick Saban's O-line guy.

But in reality, he could probably go anywhere and be a top 5 pick if he works hard. Talent and size speak for themselves.

****, Jason Smith was a 2 star guy that went to Baylor.

bearsfan_51
06-06-2009, 10:19 PM
I see it as:

USC
Oklahoma
UCLA
Michigan

I'm trying to exclude Ohio St because I dont want him to go there.

Nawh. Minnesota is near the top of the list. His best friend is going here, he can play basketball (which is a really big deal for him oddly enough), he's from Minneapolis, his coach wants him to go here. Other than USC there are more signs pointing for him to go here than anywhere else. I wouldn't lie just because I want him to.

TigerBait45
06-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Justin Maclin to LSU

This makes me happy.

BRAVEHEART
06-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Justin Maclin to LSU

This makes me happy.

I wanted USC to get him, big pick-up for ya'll.

BTW

I think the gophers snag Seantrel. I think USC took too long to offer.

ToldLikeItIs
06-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Willie Guy, Ronnie Harmon, Chuck Long..a few more

Iowa draws for Seantrel

- Immediate playing time after Bulaga leaves early
- Close to home
- Jon Alt, his coach, was a first round pick at OL as a Hawkeye
- Broderick Binns
- OL tradition
- Solid QB Play now and in the future with Stanzi, Vandenburg
- Surpisingly good recruiting class with the addition of AJ Derby

We need to win ten games, and Bulaga needs to win the Outland. If those two things happen I think he'll be a Hawkeye.

wicket
06-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Willie Guy, Ronnie Harmon, Chuck Long..a few more

Iowa draws for Seantrel

- Close to home
- Broderick Binns
- OL tradition

We need to win ten games, and Bulaga needs to win the Outland. If those two things happen I think he'll be a Hawkeye.

I hate it when you actually make sense.
I would add that iowa is kinda what seantrell seems to be looking for academically. If football doesnt work for him the degree is worth something but he wants to go somewhere to play football, not be a student athlete imo.

steelernation77
06-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I hate it when you actually make sense.
I would add that iowa is kinda what seantrell seems to be looking for academically. If football doesnt work for him the degree is worth something but he wants to go somewhere to play football, not be a student athlete imo.

So Iowa is a good fit because he doesn't want to be a student athlete? Iowa is not some SEC school. The graduation rate for the football team at Iowa last season was the 16th highest out of the 68 bowl bound teams at 75%. Iowa is a pretty solid academic institution.

wicket
06-07-2009, 01:29 PM
So Iowa is a good fit because he doesn't want to be a student athlete? Iowa is not some SEC school. The graduation rate for the football team at Iowa last season was the 16th highest out of the 68 bowl bound teams at 75%. Iowa is a pretty solid academic institution.

thats not what i was saying. His first plan seems to be football but he is smart enough to know that can go wrong.
So he wont go to a school that has a big academic reputation for their football players as well. (wake, vandy, ND, stanford etc etc)
But he wont go to a school where he is more likely to be arrested than graduate. (pOSU and some Florida schools come to mind)

ToldLikeItIs
06-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm in a zone lately Wicket, don't worry, it will pass.

Who here is coming to the college world series?

wicket
06-07-2009, 02:51 PM
it appears that wr Bennett Jackson has committed to ND, a really underrated prospect if you ask me. (since a lot of the guys following this here are florida based guys) think Jaylen Watkins but a slightly better athlete but somewhat less polished.

I really like the kid and imo he should be a mid 4 star (he is 4 stars on scout, high 3 star on rivals i believe) but I'm prolly biased. will prolly mean that we will only go after home runs at receiver from now on (prater, woods and mccay).

Might not be the highest profile commit ND has gotten but I will be really happy if its confirmed.

edit: commit confirmed :)

steelernation77
06-07-2009, 04:36 PM
Three-star 6-3, 235lb. Defensive End Louis Trinca-Pasat commits to Iowa. The Chicago native also had offers from Illinois, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Indiana, Colorado, Stanford, NIU and Western Michigan.

He was a guy that the Iowa coaches have been targeting for awhile and should be a good addition to the class.

http://yourseason.suntimes.com/football/1611272,06%200709-trinca-pasat-commits-to-iowa.article

bearsfan_51
06-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Iowa draws for Seantrel

- Close to home
- Broderick Binns
- OL tradition
-He'll get playing time no matter where he goes.
-Minnesota is in his backyard.
-His coach wants him to go to Minnesota.
-Nobody cares.
-Ok I'll give you that.
-Yes, I'm sure he's going to go to Iowa to play with Stanzi.
-Out of all his options, Iowa is the worst recruiter of them all.

Iowa just makes no sense to me at all. None.

JHG722
06-07-2009, 06:18 PM
thats not what i was saying. His first plan seems to be football but he is smart enough to know that can go wrong.
So he wont go to a school that has a big academic reputation for their football players as well. (wake, vandy, ND, stanford etc etc)
But he wont go to a school where he is more likely to be arrested than graduate. (pOSU and some Florida schools come to mind)

Excuse my ignorance, but what does the 'P' in pOSU stand for?

BamaFalcon59
06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what does the 'P' in pOSU stand for?

I'm not positive, but I believe it means 'piece' and then the meaning of the O and S also change.

Fill in the blanks!

JHG722
06-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm not positive, but I believe it means 'piece' and then the meaning of the O and S also change.

Fill in the blanks!

Gotcha. I thought it might've meant a type of cat :P

ToldLikeItIs
06-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Trinca Pasat has really good hips for his size.

BearsFan, Seantrel will be taking an official to Iowa, and we offer him more than a lot of schools that have offered due to our prowess of putting offensive lineman into the league.

Taylor Graham continues to pick up offers. Iowa is still #1. I like him more than Derby as a pure quarterback.

jbeans187
06-07-2009, 07:23 PM
4* WR Jmmie Hunt commits to Mizzou. Rumor is he has some grade problems but he is a great talent. Miz also leads for his QB Patrick Ivy, he looks like a great athlete whose recruitment is just starting to pick up.

keylime_5
06-07-2009, 08:30 PM

Fill in the blanks!

It means I'm jealous because my storied team isn't as good. :p

BPhilb
06-07-2009, 08:43 PM
4* WR Jmmie Hunt commits to Mizzou. Rumor is he has some grade problems but he is a great talent. Miz also leads for his QB Patrick Ivy, he looks like a great athlete whose recruitment is just starting to pick up.

I love this commit. He has a ton a physical talent and brings a nice speed element to our reciever group. I haven't heard the grade issues as one of the great selling points to Mizzou from what he has been stating is that they graduate all of thier players. Either way, it's nice to start getting players from the East side of St. Louis now as we had been shutout of the area for a long time.

wicket
06-08-2009, 03:07 AM
It means I'm jealous because my storied team isn't as good. :p

noep it means that over half of the football players dont even graduate there

HindSight
06-08-2009, 08:38 AM
because that's a picture of a ND student taking a test in your sig, right?

keylime_5
06-08-2009, 09:44 AM

more like more than half of them have a gpa over 3.0.

Dagagad
06-08-2009, 10:31 AM
more like more than half of them have a gpa over 3.0.

I'm not American but I love college football. The bashing that goes on between fans of teams about grades of all things is hilarious. Nobody and I mean nobody cares.

Basically it is shorthand for 'your team is better than us at football so I have to find something to say'. Grades...lol.

Sorry, just the whole situation is kinda surreal. Imagine if Wayne Rooney had to go to uni..dude can barely read.

Sniper
06-08-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm not American but I love college football. The bashing that goes on between fans of teams about grades of all things is hilarious. Nobody and I mean nobody cares.

Basically it is shorthand for 'your team is better than us at football so I have to find something to say'. Grades...lol.

Notre Dame's M.O for the past, well, ever right there. ND claims they can't recruit like everyone else because of their "academic standards." The best, however, was Charlie Weis' "I could win tomorrow with thugs and criminals, but I won't do it that way" quote after losses to Air Force and Navy.

HindSight
06-08-2009, 10:43 AM

Sorry, just the whole situation is kinda surreal. Imagine if Wayne Rooney had to go to uni..dude can barely read.
bingggggooooooooooooooooo

keylime_5
06-08-2009, 10:47 AM

relax, it's all in good fun.

Dagagad
06-08-2009, 11:27 AM
relax, it's all in good fun.

I find it funny, I'm not pissed about it or anything.

From a foreign perspective the whole student athlete thing is strange. I was talking to my american housemate the other day though about Real Madrid buying Kaka for 56 mil euros and he was like " they are buying a person for money!". lol..guess anything can seem strange.

I always assumed athletes were like a brickie or something..they have a skill that does not require academic education. Thank god they do though, I love college football.

Don't mean to derail this from recruiting. Just saw on espn that Florida are getting Patton. Seems like a pretty big pickup.

keylime_5
06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
well the thing is in college football some schools just let any idiot who can barely read or write in and some have pretty sharp academic standards yet still field really good teams. That's a unique thing about college sports, the playing field isn't exactly even like it is in (most) pro sports.

Sniper
06-08-2009, 12:16 PM
well the thing is in college football some schools just let any idiot who can barely read or write in

jc98Xf_zPEU

TigerBait45
06-08-2009, 01:19 PM
I wanted USC to get him, big pick-up for ya'll.

BTW

I think the gophers snag Seantrel. I think USC took too long to offer.

Justin is a manchild, already 6'4 and room to grow. He could play weakside DE eventually if he keeps getting bigger.

BRAVEHEART
06-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Justin is a manchild, already 6'4 and room to grow. He could play weakside DE eventually if he keeps getting bigger.

Is LSU recruiting him as a DE? It'll probably be his best fit (he says he has problems going side-line to side-line). Either way, he has the potential to play both at a high level.

TigerBait45
06-08-2009, 01:56 PM
I think I saw that he was told by John Chavis that they'll be using him at all 3 linebacker spots and occasionally as a drop-down DE. I've been hearing that they've been running out a 3-4 set lately and I think that would be his best use, as a rush linebacker in a 3-4. From what I've seen of him that's definitely his strongest asset.

T-RICH49
06-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Kansas landed a committment from TX QB Jacoby Walker

Axl Rose
06-08-2009, 02:49 PM
jc98Xf_zPEU

"Comments from league insiders continue to flow into PFT headquarters regarding the disclosure that Michigan receiver Mario Manningham (who might not even be able to spell his name correctly on a consistent basis) scored a six in the Wonderlic.

A league source has further confirmed that Mario did indeed pick a six, saying that the score is “real and deserved.”

Per the source, Manningham showed low intelligence in some of his team visits, which will not help him reverse a steep slide of what once was believed to be a round-one draft stock."

http://oldposts.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/26/manninghams-wonderlic-score-real-and-deserved/

Sniper
06-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Wonderlic always equals low grades. :rolleyes: Plus, one player is clearly the norm.

Sniper
06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=701823

Just for you, Axl. It backs up my point about the SEC.

Axl Rose
06-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Wonderlic always equals low grades. :rolleyes: Plus, one player is clearly the norm.

Just wondering Sniper, what are the majors of some of the players on the UM football team? Not counting the punter LOL.

HindSight
06-08-2009, 02:55 PM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=701823

Just for you, Axl. It backs up my point about the SEC.
check and mate.

and holy crap oregon state.

Sniper
06-08-2009, 02:56 PM
Just wondering Sniper, what are the majors of some of the players on the UM football team? Not counting the punter LOL.

Mostly kinesiology and general studies. I assume Notre Dame has all rocket scientists and brain surgeons?

Axl Rose
06-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Mostly kinesiology and general studies. I assume Notre Dame has all rocket scientists and brain surgeons?

LOL, I knew it. As for Notre Dame players, most of them are majoring in business because ND has one of the best business schools in the nation.

Sniper
06-08-2009, 03:02 PM
LOL, I knew it. As for Notre Dame players, most of them are majoring in business because ND has one of the best business schools in the nation.

That's amusing, since Ethan Johnson decided on ND because he was told the odds of him making him into M's business schools weren't very good.

Axl Rose
06-08-2009, 03:11 PM
That's amusing, since Ethan Johnson decided on ND because he was told the odds of him making him into M's business schools weren't very good.

I doubt that, Ethan Johnson choose ND because he wanted to major in business and ND has a tremendous business school. He lost interest in UM when he saw all the UM football players except the punter were enrolled in general studies classes.

There have been stories about the UM football staff trying to convince players to take majors like general studies in order to avoid heavy work loads. Also there was a couple of articles a few years ago mentioning how UM lets its football players drop classes they are about to fail late into the semester to avoid having the player be academically ineligible.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Ronnie Vinson to LSU

Sniper
06-08-2009, 03:33 PM
Ronnie Vinson to LSU

Pope is Catholic.

Link on Vinson?

BigJohn98
06-08-2009, 03:38 PM
"Comments from league insiders continue to flow into PFT headquarters regarding the disclosure that Michigan receiver Mario Manningham (who might not even be able to spell his name correctly on a consistent basis) scored a six in the Wonderlic.

A league source has further confirmed that Mario did indeed pick a six, saying that the score is “real and deserved.”

Per the source, Manningham showed low intelligence in some of his team visits, which will not help him reverse a steep slide of what once was believed to be a round-one draft stock."

http://oldposts.profootballtalk.com/2008/04/26/manninghams-wonderlic-score-real-and-deserved/

That's pretty weak.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Pope is Catholic.

Link on Vinson?
http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/article/-8748538679266757550/newman-athlete-ronnie-vinson-commits-to-lsu/

Sniper
06-08-2009, 03:44 PM
http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/article/-8748538679266757550/newman-athlete-ronnie-vinson-commits-to-lsu/

Appreciate it.

keylime_5
06-08-2009, 03:44 PM

well of course he displayed low intelligence, afterall the kid spurned a highly valuable Ohio State offer to play at Michigan.

Sniper
06-08-2009, 03:47 PM
well of course he displayed low intelligence, afterall the kid spurned a highly valuable Ohio State offer to play at Michigan.

Ohio's school system is to "blame" for his low intelligence. :D

HindSight
06-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Wasn't there a ND kid who wasn't allowed to be a specific major because they didn't think they could keep him eligible?

ToldLikeItIs
06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Brandon Scherff soon

iowatreat54
06-08-2009, 04:15 PM

Nevermind, wrong Michigan receiver.

Trinca-Pasat looks like a typical DL Iowa recruits. Great work ethic and makes up for his smaller size by being a lot quicker and recognizing his mismatches. If Iowa can coach up his fundamentals (he's only played for 3 years), he could be real good.

keylime_5
06-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Ohio's school system is to "blame" for his low intelligence. :D

Well we know that's not it because he went to the same high school as Maurice Clarett.

ToldLikeItIs
06-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Hawkeyes are beginning to pickup steam with Austin White.

Sniper
06-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Florida has offered DC LB/DE Javarie Johnson.

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=870664

BamaFalcon59
06-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Florida has offered DC LB/DE Javarie Johnson.

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=870664

He is pretty open right now from what I read.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Marquis Slocum Says Hai ;)

Sniper
06-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Marquis Slocum Says Hai ;)

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2007/08/22/hero-for-our-time-marques-grand-marques-slocum/

Epic.

Don Vito
06-08-2009, 06:08 PM
QB Dave Shinskie committed to BC. Odds are you've never heard of him because he is 25 years old and was drafted to play baseball by the Twins, but now he wants to play football again. He had current offers from Rutgers, Pitt, and BC amongst others and chose BC. Coming out of high school in 2002 he had some Big East and Big 10 offers. Very weird scenario, BC must be hoping he is more mature and experienced then the average 18 or 19 year old because they need a starter with Dominique Davis out. Joe Boisture is coming into the program too, he should be legit.

25 year old freshman=poor man's Chris Weinke haha. Used to play at Mt. Carmel in PA.

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=953654

ironman4579
06-08-2009, 06:16 PM

"Most" is a bit of an overstatement, as according to your 2008 media guide, well under half were actually majoring in business.

EDIT: The exact number was 24 players enrolled in business. I wouldn't say that was most of them.

jballa838
06-08-2009, 06:58 PM
UW is getting close to signing Erik Kohler, #3 Guard from Westlake Village, CA. He'd be great with Nick Montana also from the same spot and UW being low on QB's.

JoeyJr09
06-08-2009, 07:38 PM
"Most" is a bit of an overstatement, as according to your 2008 media guide, well under half were actually majoring in business.

EDIT: The exact number was 24 players enrolled in business. I wouldn't say that was most of them.

Anyone on here that says most of their football team isn't enrolled in General Studies or Liberal Arts is full of ****.

This is college football, anyone on here arguing academics is wasting time 80 percent of these kids take the easiest path and they all take more or less the same course work.

ironman4579
06-08-2009, 07:41 PM
Anyone on here that says most of their football team isn't enrolled in General Studies or Liberal Arts is full of ****.

This is college football, anyone on here arguing academics is wasting time 80 percent of these kids take the easiest path and they all take more or less the same course work.

Yea, no argument there.

BRAVEHEART
06-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Ronnie Vinson to LSU

Another guy I wanted USC to snatch.

JHG722
06-08-2009, 08:06 PM

Yeah, getting into Ross outside of pre-admit is tough, but possible (unless you're an athlete). My brother got in with honors, but isn't going. (I, of course wanted him to go to UM).

I doubt that, Ethan Johnson choose ND because he wanted to major in business and ND has a tremendous business school. He lost interest in UM when he saw all the UM football players except the punter were enrolled in general studies classes.

There have been stories about the UM football staff trying to convince players to take majors like general studies in order to avoid heavy work loads. Also there was a couple of articles a few years ago mentioning how UM lets its football players drop classes they are about to fail late into the semester to avoid having the player be academically ineligible.

Other than the fact that everyone takes general studies classes, I think you're trying to say they major in ********, which most athletes do. I know there was an issue at UM with all of the athletes majoring in sports management, which is pretty much the only terrible program at UM.

JHG722
06-08-2009, 08:12 PM
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2007/08/22/hero-for-our-time-marques-grand-marques-slocum/

Epic.

West Catholic, makes sense.

QB Dave Shinskie committed to BC. Odds are you've never heard of him because he is 25 years old and was drafted to play baseball by the Twins, but now he wants to play football again. He had current offers from Rutgers, Pitt, and BC amongst others and chose BC. Coming out of high school in 2002 he had some Big East and Big 10 offers. Very weird scenario, BC must be hoping he is more mature and experienced then the average 18 or 19 year old because they need a starter with Dominique Davis out. Joe Boisture is coming into the program too, he should be legit.

25 year old freshman=poor man's Chris Weinke haha. Used to play at Mt. Carmel in PA.

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=953654

Sounds like our now departed (and NFL) QB, Adam DiMichele, who was drafted by the Jays, played JUCO baseball in Florida and then decided he wanted to play football. He started at 21, not 25, though.

ironman4579
06-08-2009, 08:35 PM

One more thing, and then I'm done with this. I have yet to find a ranking of top business schools that places ND above Michigan, or even close really.

EDIT:Ok, I just did, regional rankings which don't even have Michigan listed, making me think that they weren't considered in the same region for some reason. Any national rankings I've found so far have Michigan far ahead of Notre Dame.

Have I really become pathetic enough to be arguing academics with a Domer? Apparently....................

JHG722
06-08-2009, 10:07 PM
One more thing, and then I'm done with this. I have yet to find a ranking of top business schools that places ND above Michigan, or even close really.

EDIT:Ok, I just did, regional rankings which don't even have Michigan listed, making me think that they weren't considered in the same region for some reason. Any national rankings I've found so far have Michigan far ahead of Notre Dame.

Have I really become pathetic enough to be arguing academics with a Domer? Apparently....................

Michigan has the second best business school in the world. Can't say the same about ND. Ross>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mendoza

Jonny
06-09-2009, 03:09 AM

He had offers? All I saw was that he took visits. Could be a case of Mike Farrell's bias popping through again.

Newbs24
06-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Ken Wilkins to announce shortly to Michigan.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Ken Wilkins to announce shortly to Michigan.

It's confirmed

CC
06-09-2009, 12:04 PM
It's confirmed

Link: http://mgoblog.com/content/ken-wilkins-commits-michigan

Sniper
06-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Deathbacker recruiting is now complete.

Hines
06-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Wilkins is a good player. I would've liked him in our class if it wasn't so small.

wicket
06-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Da'Rick Rogers (sp?) to georgia, everybody knew it was coming but I dont think it has been posted yet that he officially committed.

JRTPlaya21
06-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Excellent pickup for the Dawgs.

kwilk103
06-09-2009, 02:02 PM
braylon heard, ohio rb, could commit to wvu soon

sbh15
06-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Solomon Patton will commit soon, no surprise.

TigerBait45
06-09-2009, 02:57 PM
It's been a virtual parade of commitments for LSU lately. Maclin and Vinson were the big names (Vinson is going to be a NASTY cornerback), but they got two more commitments this weekend.

Sam Gibson, a 6'2 200 ATH who plays QB right now but will more than likely end up at safety at LSU and a TE named Cameron Fordham who I think will likely bulk up and end up at guard.

Gibson looks like a nice athlete, don't really know much about him but he looks very smooth out there and kind of reminds me of Morris Claiborne last year.

Hines
06-09-2009, 02:58 PM
braylon heard, ohio rb, could commit to wvu soon

I hope Penn State offers him.

kwilk103
06-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I hope Penn State offers him.

is there anyone you dont want to offer?

Hines
06-09-2009, 03:29 PM
is there anyone you dont want to offer?

Yes actually there is.

JoeyJr09
06-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Cody Riggs says ND is no longer his leader. He's set to visit UF soon and as I'm sure Wicket remembers, I mentioned awhile back that the kid was feeling FSU.

wicket
06-09-2009, 05:00 PM
Cody Riggs says ND is no longer his leader. He's set to visit UF soon and as I'm sure Wicket remembers, I mentioned awhile back that the kid was feeling FSU.

Jep, I still feel pretty good about him becoming a domer but it is of course not what you are hoping to hear.

It could be that it doesnt even matter though because we have soem other guys that we are in really good shape for.
Lo Wood will be announcing the 26th, the same day that his friend spencer boyd will be visiting ND and he said that Wood would come along. (that pretty much makes it a dead giveaway regarding to where he is going)
I wouldn't be suprised if Boyd would commit on that visit as well and combine that with us being in REALLY good shape for both Kacey Rodgers and Joshua Shaw this could mean that our corner class will already be full by the time Riggs will come to a decision.
Not saying I dont want Cody but i like most guys we offered at corner and although riggs might be somewhat better than those other guys I wouldnt risk striking out by keeping a spot open for him.

LizardState
06-09-2009, 06:49 PM
My brother in Mobile emailed this on Tues. afternoon from a 6-5 story. I chkd back 3 pgs. in the the thread & saw nada on Milliner as of 6-5, so here it is complete with scouting report.

Alabama has landed the nation's consensus #1 corner & the top-ranked instate player in Demarcus Milliner from Millbrook.

Call me a homer -- I think Saban's recruiting magic is paying off in spades. He is emphasizing defense, just what you'd expect from him, it's his forte,' & he'll pair Milliner at one corner opposite incoming freshman Dre Kirkpatrick after current starting CBs Kareem Jackson & Javier Arenas depart the Druid City for the NFL. B/C Greene will be gone from UGA by then they will pwn SEC receivers in Smart's defense.

Milliner will be a shoo-in for return duties replacing Arenas as KR, & replacing Jackson as the fastest player on the Bama team ... the kid is just freakish, he ran a 4.27 40 in HS!! And he consistently runs 4.3s! If he can boost his coverage & ball skills & beef up from 185 the NFL scouts will begin salivating over him immediately.

UA lands top-ranked Cornerback

MILLBROOK: Demarcus Milliner, rated a five-star cornerback and Scout.com’s No. 1 cornerback in the country, has pledged his services to the University of Alabama .

“I am going to be wearing that Crimson jersey,” Milliner reported before the scheduled press conference at his high school Thursday at 1 p.m.

“I love the tradition of the program. I will get a great education at Alabama . I will have a great opportunity for playing time. Those were some of the main reasons I decided to commit to Alabama .”

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound prospect chose Alabama over scholarship offers from several schools, including Auburn , Georgia , LSU and South Carolina. Alabama’s defensive coordinator, Kirby Smart, helped recruit the defensive back to Tuscaloosa.

Milliner finished the 2008 season with seven interceptions and returned two for touchdowns. He made a total of 57 tackles with 33 unassisted. He returned two punts for touchdowns and one kickoff returned for a touchdown as well.

Stanhope-Elmore head coach Jeff Foshee, a former Alabama player, said, “He has so much range that he can cover a large amount of ground, and be dangerous from any part of the field. He’s basically the air traffic controller coming out of the defensive backfield. “Demarcus can cover receivers and also be a sure tackler as well.”

By Gentry Estes

Times Alabama Writer gentry.estes@htimes.com

Stanhope Elmore star rated nation's best cornerback
The state's past two consensus No. 1 football prospects waited until National Signing Day to announce their college choices on national television, building drama with big crowds and hats spread across a table.
Demarcus Milliner didn't need all that.
About the only thing Milliner's commitment had in common with those of Foley's Julio Jones and Gadsden 's Dre Kirkpatrick was the college he chose. A blue-chip defensive back from Stanhope Elmore High School in Millbrook, Milliner quietly committed to Alabama on Thursday during a gathering that lacked the frills of a modern-day, made-for-television event.
He didn't even pick a hat.
"I went on and announced it because I didn't want it to be a distraction for the football team or to my teammates," Milliner told reporters. "I knew what school I was going to, so there was no need for me to wait and build up all the hype."
Milliner said he decided last week on Alabama . He informed Crimson Tide coaches before making the announcement, setting the table for Nick Saban's latest recruiting haul by giving the coach his highest-rated 2010 pledge from 13 to date.
Rivals.com rates the 6-foot-1, 180-pound Milliner a five-star player on its five-star scale, also tabbing him this year's No. 1 high school cornerback prospect. The consensus among recruiting services is that he will be the No. 1 recruit in the state this year.
Milliner reportedly held scholarship offers from the majority of the Southeastern Conference programs in addition to the likes of Clemson , Georgia Tech and Oklahoma .
"He's already mapped out his future as far as college, where he wants to go, what he wants to do, what he wants to do beyond that, what he wants to study as far as his education," said Stanhope Elmore coach Jeff Foshee, a former Alabama player......."That's the thing that separates him from all the great players that we've had come through here, the fact that he's more mature and understands what he wants to do in the future."

Milliner reportedly clocked a 4.3 40, including a few recently as low as 4.27 seconds. He said the Crimson Tide is recruiting him as an athlete - with the potential to play on either side of the ball.

"But more than likely they'll play me at corner or free safety," Milliner said.

Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart was responsible for Milliner's recruitment. He is only the fifth in-state commitment for the Crimson Tide for 2010.

Milliner grew up as an Auburn fan and his mother pulls for the Tigers. But his father is an Alabama fan.

"They just said it was up to me to make the decision," he said. "I think I made a great decision. ... I'm blessed to be able to go to the University of Alabama . I think I'm going to have a great time there."

Scout’s Take: DeMarcus Milliner

SuperPrep.com

What is Alabama getting in cornerback DeMarcus Milliner? South Region Recruiting Analyst Chad Simmons breaks down his strengths and weaknesses here in this edition of Scout's take.

Profile: DeMarcus Milliner

Position: Cornerback
Height: 6-foot-1
Weight: 185 pounds

Recruiting Breakdown: Milliner quietly went through the process and he picked up offers from many top programs without making a big deal about it. He pulled in offers from schools like Auburn, Georgia, LSU, and Oklahoma before deciding Alabama was the school for him on Thursday. He wanted to end the process early and he is now a solid commitment for the Crimson Tide.

Strengths
Size: Not too many guys at his size can play the cornerback position at the level he can. He has great length with long arms to go with his height of 6-foot-1. He is also a rangy 180 pounds or now at this time and he will be able to add to that while maintaining his ability to move with receivers at a high speed. This will be a weapon of his that not many present on the edge.
Ball Skills: He has a great nose for the ball and when it is in his area, he makes a play on it. He knows when to go for the hit and he knows when to reach his hands out to take the ball away. He has played offense, so that helps him on the defensive side of the ball. His length helps make his better too because instead of just tipping a ball away, he has the opportunity to catch a ball that many may not.
Coverage Skills: He has great instincts in the secondary and he has shown that he could play safety or corner on the next level. In Tampa this spring, he locked down some of the top receivers in the country on the edge. He played loose and tight coverage just as strong and he showed the ability to close on the ball well, he does a nice jump going up for jump balls, and he has nice recovery speed.
Work Ethic: It is no secret that Milliner has his head on right. He knows what he wants, he knows what it takes to get it, and he will do whatever it takes to achieve it. He plays the game hard, he practices hard, and he is always focused on the task at hand. This is what truly takes his game to the next level because he works hard when being coached like he does when making plays on Friday nights. He goes full speed at everything he does.
Return Game: When Milliner picks a pass off, he does not just fall down. He looks for a big return and he knows what to do when he gets the ball in his hands. He has good vision, good awareness, and he has the speed to make a big play.

Weaknesses
Strength: There are some physical receivers in the SEC these days and Alabama likes to play a physical defense, so he will have to continue to develop strength in both his upper and lower body in the coming years. He has nice strength now for a high school senior, but he will just need to stay in the weight room, work on his pure strength, and build on to what he already has.
Experience: He has had more reps and time on the field in pads at safety than he has at corner, so more experience at corner will be important to him. He could play either spot in Kirby Smart’s defense, but he will just need more reps at corner, to learn the position a little more, and get a better understanding on how to line up, what to look for in a receiver, and things of that nature.

Summary
Alabama is getting a very intelligent defensive back that brings a lot of versatility. He is a long corner that could help at safety and he is a sure tackler with good hands, and great instincts. The size, speed, and skills are there for a future All-American in Tuscaloosa and he should only get better once he gets there and learns the Alabama system.

ToldLikeItIs
06-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Iowa is losing ground with Isaiah Lewis. He needs to get on campus again.

Ishmael Thomas is looking better and better.

ToldLikeItIs
06-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Longtime Iowa commit James Morris probably ensured himself a mid 4* at worst in the next rankings after his performance at the U of Illinois NIKE camp.

Took home the LB MVP, and apparently looked exceptional in drills. He went to the camp for two reasons, to prove he can play with anyone, despite the fact he's a white kid from Iowa, and low and behold, he can, and to recruit for the Hawkeyes.

6'2 220 4.5 ish, also a state qualifying wrestler and 2008 Gatorade Iowa player of the year, ahead of 4* Hawkeye commit Brandon Wegher.

Treat, apparently Scherff is the real deal.

Hines
06-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Our Scout guy believes that PA DE Kyle Baublitz, PA WR Alex Kenney, PA OLB/DE Dakota Royer, and NY DT/OL Daquan Jones will all be Blue and White at the end of this month.

VA DT Evan Hailes recently got an offer and has us in his top 5.

Robert Bolden, QB from MI, is believed to be down to PSU and MSU. I hope we land him.

This class could be very special for Penn State.

superman8456
06-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Our Scout guy believes that PA DE Kyle Baublitz, PA WR Alex Kenney, PA OLB/DE Dakota Royer, and NY DT/OL Daquan Jones will all be Blue and White at the end of this month.

VA DT Evan Hailes recently got an offer and has us in his top 5.

Robert Bolden, QB from MI, is believed to be down to PSU and MSU. I hope we land him.

This class could be very special for Penn State.

I hope so. We'll need it because we lost a lot this year and will lose a lot next year.

kwilk103
06-09-2009, 11:26 PM
nick montana to uw

jballa838
06-10-2009, 12:11 AM
UW signed QB Nick Montana today. Yes, son of one of the best to play the game
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/huskies/2009320682_uwfb10.html
but since UW isn't an east coast school none of you care.

EDIT: It showed me the previous page, not kwilks post right above me. Fail.

superman8456
06-10-2009, 12:14 AM
There goes Nick Montana's career

Hines
06-10-2009, 12:15 AM
LOL Nick just said **** you, dad. Did not see this at all.

Ward
06-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Maybe he'll turn into a decent pro prospect under Sarkisian?

wicket
06-10-2009, 02:04 AM
it kinda blows but it was to be expected that nicky would go there for a while now.

jballa838
06-10-2009, 02:21 AM
He's really lean and not that strong, but he isn't going to start for at least 2 more years. He is so fundamentally sound though it projects well for him.
EDIT: Hopefully we get his teammate Erik Kohler soon.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-10-2009, 08:31 AM
yeah Montana to UW is off the wall.

Sniper
06-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Maybe he'll turn into a decent pro prospect under Sarkisian?

I could see it happening. He's got potential, obviously has good bloodlines and maybe he can turn UW around.

Sniper
06-10-2009, 08:43 AM
LA QB Munchie Legaux is pretty much begging for an LSU offer, haha. He might set the record for fastest commit should LSU offer. I hope they don't offer. I'd like to see him at Michigan as the second QB in this class.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Sniper LOL at those quotes in your sig.

They are terrible.

Cicero
06-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Super excited to get Nick. Thank you Sark!

keylime_5
06-10-2009, 09:53 AM
yeah, Montana to UW was pretty much expected the past few weeks. I wonder if he'll take Fua with him.

wicket
06-10-2009, 11:13 AM
yeah, Montana to UW was pretty much expected the past few weeks. I wonder if he'll take Fua with him.

makes for an interesting battle for andrew hendrix where I think both buckeye fans and us irish fans believe they are the team to beat

BigJohn98
06-10-2009, 11:41 AM
STA could be the other FSU pipeline this year along with Byrnes. We have good to great shots with Gio Bernard, Cody Riggs, Lamarcus Joyner, and now with Keion Payne.

wicket
06-10-2009, 11:46 AM
STA has so many guys with D1 offers that they could be considered a pipeline for about three different teams

Sniper
06-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Sniper LOL at those quotes in your sig.

They are terrible.

They're fantastic quotes, haha.

keylime_5
06-10-2009, 11:55 AM
makes for an interesting battle for andrew hendrix where I think both buckeye fans and us irish fans believe they are the team to beat

should be interesting. He grew up an OSU fan and his mom wants him there I do believe, and he said Pryor being a junior when he's a true freshman is a plus for oppurtunity's sake...though he visited Notre Dame Monday and "almost commited". He'll visit Ohio State today I believe. Could go either way. I heard he's one of those kids who gets blown away by every place he'll visit, so we might hear the same kinda thing after the Ohio State and Miami visits.

wicket
06-10-2009, 12:10 PM
should be interesting. He grew up an OSU fan and his mom wants him there I do believe, and he said Pryor being a junior when he's a true freshman is a plus for oppurtunity's sake...though he visited Notre Dame Monday and "almost commited". He'll visit Ohio State today I believe. Could go either way. I heard he's one of those kids who gets blown away by every place he'll visit, so we might hear the same kinda thing after the Ohio State and Miami visits.

I believe he grew up a PSU fan oddly enough.
We have didnt have a qb last year but he is pretty much in the same situation with Dayne Crist. He will have two year on either school imo.

TBH i dont think he will go to miami, I think he will know after the ohio state visit today and we are prolly going to hear something within the next 2-3 weeks.

What I do like (with respect to ND's chances) is that he sort of stated that the way ND uses her (dame=feminin) quarterback fits better with his playing style.

So since we both have similar situations (two years of play) and are both not his dream school I believe it will be a situation where he considers the following:
Pros for ND:
Better fit, more history of putting QB's in the league, CW (provided he stays obviously he remains a qb guru), education??? (dont know if he would be a guy that really values the educational part of it or that he would just be another liberal arts/general sciences guy)

Pros for OSU:
Stable coaching situation, close to home and prolly more guys who he knows who attend osu

IMO its just a question of which arguments win out. I have no idea how much value i should give that 'almost committed' rivals story but its not a bad thing to hear either way. I like our chances but I cant blame a buckeye for doing the same.

keylime_5
06-10-2009, 12:29 PM
well according to him in this:
http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=2&c=868172&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fohiostate.scout.com%2f2% 2f868172.html
he grew up an Ohio State fan.

He said he wants to be an orthopedic surgeon, and if you look at both undergrad programs at OSU and ND for this it's really a push, so it will basically come down to the other factors I'd imagine. In fact over on BP there is a long discussion about the academic side of his recruitment. I take it we'll find out more after word comes back from his OSU visit today.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-10-2009, 12:52 PM
LA QB Munchie Legaux is pretty much begging for an LSU offer, haha. He might set the record for fastest commit should LSU offer. I hope they don't offer. I'd like to see him at Michigan as the second QB in this class.He has prety much looked like crap at every camp he's been to.

Sniper
06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
He has prety much looked like crap at every camp he's been to.

Apparently, he's only done poorly at Tennessee's camp.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Apparently, he's only done poorly at Tennessee's camp.There were conflicting reports about the Ole Miss camp but far more bad reports than good.

HindSight
06-10-2009, 01:22 PM
LOL Nick just said **** you, dad. Did not see this at all.
Actually, dad said **** you to Weis.

and no, jballa, he did not sign anywhere.

TigerBait45
06-10-2009, 01:59 PM
LA QB Munchie Legaux is pretty much begging for an LSU offer, haha. He might set the record for fastest commit should LSU offer. I hope they don't offer. I'd like to see him at Michigan as the second QB in this class.

Yeah, he wants one bad but he's pretty raw so I don't think he gets one unless Zach Lee goes somewhere else.

He was weak at Tennessee's camp and he didn't impress at LSU's camp this weekend either so I think he lost a lot of the momentum he had been building up. He's got the raw ability, but he'll take some time to harness it.

Tony Hurd is in the same boat, only he's a cornerback. I'd like to see Tony get an offer because the dude has heart and is a legitimately good kid, even if he is 5'9.

wicket
06-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Actually, dad said **** you to Weis.

and no, jballa, he did not sign anywhere.

or neither. he always said he didnt wanna follow his dads footsteps

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-10-2009, 02:57 PM
TB I fully expect Hurd to not only get an offer but be our next commit.

HindSight
06-10-2009, 03:19 PM
or neither. he always said he didnt wanna follow his dads footsteps
because he's going to publicly come out and say my dad hates charlie weis.

wicket
06-10-2009, 03:31 PM
because he's going to publicly come out and say my dad hates charlie weis.

nope but joe being around for almost the entire spring game really makes you believe he hates charlie. I really dont know where that story originated from but it is pure BS (otherwise he wouldnt have wanted his older son to be a walkon at ND either btw). So everybody get it in your mind:

Joe Montana does not hate Charlie Weis

TigerBait45
06-10-2009, 06:07 PM
TB I fully expect Hurd to not only get an offer but be our next commit.

He'll have to wait until July at least, because he left camp without one. I'm pulling for him and I think he'll get one in the end too. He's small but that dude is built, holy crap.

JoeyJr09
06-10-2009, 08:16 PM
STA could be the other FSU pipeline this year along with Byrnes. We have good to great shots with Gio Bernard, Cody Riggs, Lamarcus Joyner, and now with Keion Payne.

Except for the fact that you might not end up with any of those kids.

In fact, on that list, the only one you can say without a doubt favors you is Joyner and he has yet to even play a down for STA.

Bernard is wide open, Riggs is still likely to end up at ND and Payne is a pretty big Miami lean.

Heck, if Miami comes away with Payne, Linder, Robinson and Palardy (all of which are rumored to be leaning to Miami) then it's much more our pipeline then yours.

Not to mention, we already have some of their kids on the roster and ND has a boatload of them on their roster as well.

FSU is 3rd in line at STA, if not 4th behind UF.

keylime_5
06-10-2009, 10:01 PM

In fact, on that list, the only one you can say without a doubt favors you is Joyner and he has yet to even play a down for STA.

Bernard is wide open, Riggs is still likely to end up at ND and Payne is a pretty big Miami lean.

Heck, if Miami comes away with Payne, Linder, Robinson and Palardy (all of which are rumored to be leaning to Miami) then it's much more our pipeline then yours.

Not to mention, we already have some of their kids on the roster and ND has a boatload of them on their roster as well.

I wouldn't say that. In fact I heard that rumor about him picking FSU but keeping it quiet was total BS and was started by some random poster on Miami's board.

HindSight
06-10-2009, 10:26 PM
nope but joe being around for almost the entire spring game really makes you believe he hates charlie. I really dont know where that story originated from but it is pure BS (otherwise he wouldnt have wanted his older son to be a walkon at ND either btw). So everybody get it in your mind:

Joe Montana does not hate Charlie Weis
him being around the spring game doesn't say anything for his supposed dislike of the arrogant fatass that coaches ND. I would say the "story" originated from the time Mr. Montana said something to the effect of 'my son won't play for Charlie Weis'.

before you bring up the brother.....he's a walk-on. there's a difference.

Hollywood
06-11-2009, 12:34 AM

To add on to all this truth, just because you may happen to get 3-4 guys from a school in one year, does not make said school a 'pipeline'. A pipeline school is someone that sends you 1-2 maybe 3 players a year on a consistent basis.

A good example of this beyond the obvious is Dillard and Auburn.

JoeyJr09
06-11-2009, 01:45 AM
I wouldn't say that. In fact I heard that rumor about him picking FSU but keeping it quiet was total BS and was started by some random poster on Miami's board.

Yea, except it wasn't some random poster but a guy with pretty solid info that has been right on a few occasions. And of course your OSU people are gonna run around calling it BS because you are biased.

Please, sit back and use some objectivity. What reason does a Miami fan have to be making up rumors about Joyner to FSU, our number 1 rival?

We have no stake in that battle and are merely observers. But we happen to be the home school with the most connections to his program and our posters have the most connection to the kid then any OSU or FSU people do so just take the info FWIW. We are way more likely to have the right story, as our guys have easier access to the information as well as zero bias in our opinion since we have no stake in that race.

But yet, you don't want to hear any of that. You just listen with blind homerism to the Pro-OSU BS.

Joyner will be a Nole. Mark it down. Has been since the beginning. Can't believe your still trying to debate this.

Sounds like a repeat of the convo me and you had regarding Brandon McGee last year. Howd that turn out for you?

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-11-2009, 02:23 AM
well according to him in this:
http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=2&c=868172&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fohiostate.scout.com%2f2% 2f868172.html
he grew up an Ohio State fan.

He said he wants to be an orthopedic surgeon, and if you look at both undergrad programs at OSU and ND for this it's really a push, so it will basically come down to the other factors I'd imagine. In fact over on BP there is a long discussion about the academic side of his recruitment. I take it we'll find out more after word comes back from his OSU visit today.

Once again you miss the big picture, just as you said PA ATH Chad Hagan always had tOSU as his leader....simply not true. BTW, IMO the tOSU offer to Hagan was made because Michigan forced tOSU's hand by offering....PSU was never going to offer which was very evident by the fact that PSU coaches were more than aware of Hagan due to PSU ties at McMillan (head football coach at Canon Mac is a former PSU player, Hull already committed to PSU).

Andrew Hendrix did indeed say on more than one occasion that he was a PSU fan...in fact he said it in a rivals amp video. If we weren't pursuing both Bolden (PSU vs. MSU - MSU probable? PSU has 5* QB already) and Brunetti (Tennessee eventually?), the staff probably would've offered Hendrix and tOSU may have really been screwed. There is no doubt in my mind that if PSU didn't get a commit from Paul Jones, Robert Bolden would be a PSU commit right now...and we'd definitely have been able to get Andrew Hendrix without a previous '10 QB commit.

Word was just from a few days ago, that Andrew himself had told a few people (including his own father) that a PSU offer would seal the deal for him. Just like Bolden, I'd imagine he was/is enamored with what PSU has done with Daryll Clark at the QB position and how well we mixed up both play-calling, as well as put the QB under center, in the shotgun, changed the launch point (roll out, semi roll out).

cdub11
06-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Darius White names Texas, Chokelahoma, USC, Texas Tech & Okie St. as his top 5

Axl Rose
06-11-2009, 09:51 AM
him being around the spring game doesn't say anything for his supposed dislike of the arrogant fatass that coaches ND. I would say the "story" originated from the time Mr. Montana said something to the effect of 'my son won't play for Charlie Weis'.

before you bring up the brother.....he's a walk-on. there's a difference.

“Charlie tells it like it is, and people don’t like that. They want him to sugarcoat things, and he just won’t do it,” Joe Montana said

http://www.blueandgold.com/content/printversion.cfm?aid=4522

Other alums have come to Weis's defense, including Mike Golich, Joe Montana and Joe Theisman.

http://deathrattlesports.com/20071009960/NCAA-Football/College-News/Bob-Kuechenberg-on-Charlie-Weis.html

If Charlie Weis is an ogre, he’s as lovable as Shrek. That was the message yesterday from Joe Montana to Joe Theismann

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/football/view.bg?articleid=1036905

keylime_5
06-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Once again you miss the big picture, just as you said PA ATH Chad Hagan always had tOSU as his leader....simply not true. BTW, IMO the tOSU offer to Hagan was made because Michigan forced tOSU's hand by offering....PSU was never going to offer which was very evident by the fact that PSU coaches were more than aware of Hagan due to PSU ties at McMillan (head football coach at Canon Mac is a former PSU player, Hull already committed to PSU).

Andrew Hendrix did indeed say on more than one occasion that he was a PSU fan...in fact he said it in a rivals amp video. If we weren't pursuing both Bolden (PSU vs. MSU - MSU probable? PSU has 5* QB already) and Brunetti (Tennessee eventually?), the staff probably would've offered Hendrix and tOSU may have really been screwed. There is no doubt in my mind that if PSU didn't get a commit from Paul Jones, Robert Bolden would be a PSU commit right now...and we'd definitely have been able to get Andrew Hendrix without a previous '10 QB commit.

Word was just from a few days ago, that Andrew himself had told a few people (including his own father) that a PSU offer would seal the deal for him. Just like Bolden, I'd imagine he was/is enamored with what PSU has done with Daryll Clark at the QB position and how well we mixed up both play-calling, as well as put the QB under center, in the shotgun, changed the launch point (roll out, semi roll out).

Yes, I did hear that he is a fan of Penn State. In that one article though he does state that he grew up rooting for the Buckeyes. This is gonna be either Notre Dame or OSU, so relax it doesn't matter anyways.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Yes, I did hear that he is a fan of Penn State. In that one article though he does state that he grew up rooting for the Buckeyes. This is gonna be either Notre Dame or OSU, so relax it doesn't matter anyways.

I'm relaxed. ;)

wicket
06-11-2009, 02:07 PM

He already planned a second trip to ND on the 21st, I like it, I like it a lot. Damn I would be happy when we finally get our qb settled.

Sniper
06-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Word has it that DC DE/LB Javarie Johnson will visit Miami and could commit on the spot if offered.

JoeyJr09
06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Word has it that DC DE/LB Javarie Johnson will visit Miami and could commit on the spot if offered.

We've been hearing about how much this kid likes us for a long, long time now but we've never really offered or showed much interest.

Whats the story with him?

Sniper
06-11-2009, 04:17 PM
We've been hearing about how much this kid likes us for a long, long time now but we've never really offered or showed much interest.

Whats the story with him?

He allegedly committed to Michigan, then backed off saying that his coach "misunderstood him" about the whole thing. Very athletic kid. He's 6'3", 210 and probably will play at 230-240. Definitely could use a redshirt.

kwilk103
06-11-2009, 05:20 PM
va lb chase williams apparently did not get an offer at last weeks lsu camp

Sniper
06-11-2009, 07:57 PM
FL WR Ricardo Miller is now considered MI WR Ricardo Miller. Not sure which school he'll be attending, but apparently Huron High School (where fellow Michigan commit Jeremy Jackson goes) is considered the likely landing spot.

CC
06-11-2009, 08:00 PM
FL WR Ricardo Miller is now considered MI WR Ricardo Miller. Not sure which school he'll be attending, but apparently Huron High School (where fellow Michigan commit Jeremy Jackson goes) is considered the likely landing spot.

Probably ranks as the 2nd best player in the state after Will Gholston.

BRAVEHEART
06-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I guess all the anti-Jamaal Berry people were right.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4251721

etk
06-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I guess all the anti-Jamaal Berry people were right.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4251721

No one said anything about his character. I hope this incident doesn't affect him because I want him to have a fair chance at OSU to prove that his talent (or lack thereof) caused him to bust.

Either way, I love our direction as far as recruiting goes....except the hatred for small DBs. Just because Bruce Johnson and Chavez Grant suck doesn't mean we should avoid smaller corners altogether.

JoeyJr09
06-11-2009, 08:35 PM
FB Maurice Hagens to Miami.

our 2nd commit in as many days.

Should add 1-2 more this weekend.

sbh15
06-11-2009, 11:37 PM
I've heard it the other way around. Heard he's all UF and the UGA is just for show.

Althought UGA is the home school so things could change I guess.

What happened here?

TigerBait45
06-12-2009, 12:10 AM
va lb chase williams apparently did not get an offer at last weeks lsu camp

I don't really anticipate one coming right now. They said he looked stiff.

JoeyJr09
06-12-2009, 07:00 AM
What happened here?

I dunno. What happened?

Post is a month old and I don't really follow that kid.

Care to fill me in on what you mean?

Sniper
06-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Sounds like Michigan commit QB Devin Gardner dominated the Sound Mind, Sound Body camp at both QB and WR.

Sniper
06-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Who are your top 10 QBs in the country? I'll put mine up in a bit.

Hines
06-12-2009, 06:48 PM
1. Paul Jones
2. Paul Jones
3. Paul Jones
4. Paul Jones
5-10. Paul Jones

Seriously, I say Heapes, Jones, Simms, Gardner are in my top 5. I need to take a look at other kids before I make a list.

wicket
06-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Just of the top of my head

1 Wood
2 Heaps
3 Bell
4 Gardner
5 Jones
6 Scroggins
7 Hinder
8 Simms
9 Hendrix
10 Boisture

keep in mind that I only rated guys I've seen film from (which is about the top 20 of each ranking)

BRAVEHEART
06-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Just of the top of my head

1 Wood
2 Heaps
3 Bell
4 Gardner
5 Jones
6 Scroggins
7 Hinder
8 Simms
9 Hendrix
10 Boisture

I would agree with that.

keylime_5
06-12-2009, 08:01 PM
really crappy year for QBs. Next year is gonna be really good though.

wicket
06-12-2009, 08:05 PM
really crappy year for QBs. Next year is gonna be really good though.

I agree with you there, IMO wood and heaps are the only ones who should get 5 stars, bell has a high ceiling but thereis a LOT of work to be done and the rest of the guys are nothing special imo. Weird that there are back2back very weak qb classes.
Anybody wanna go wild and do a top10 on next years qb's

keylime_5
06-12-2009, 08:10 PM
hehe...

1-Bridgewater
2-Miller
3-10-????

wicket
06-12-2009, 08:13 PM
all i can help you with is that price litton apparently is quite highly regarded and could very well be ND's first qb target

Sniper
06-12-2009, 08:22 PM
hehe...

1-Bridgewater
2-Miller
3-10-????

Everett Golson.

wicket
06-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Everett Golson.

dude is short though

keylime_5
06-12-2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah, Golson, forgot about him. He'll be a top recruit despite his size.

JoeyJr09
06-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Can't wait for Bridgewater next year. Gonna look good in Green and Orange.

Hollywood
06-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Can't wait for Bridgewater next year. Gonna look good in Green and Orange.

A program direction changer. He will be our version of Vince Young.

Edit: gotta be careful with that statement, think we will be good for the two-three years coming up without him starting, but he is the kind of player who takes you to the title game half his seasons there.

Edit #2: Still not coming out right, all I am trying to say is Teddy Bridgewater is the truth and will be an amazing player for the U.

BRAVEHEART
06-13-2009, 01:23 AM
A program direction changer. He will be our version of Vince Young.

Edit: gotta be careful with that statement, think we will be good for the two-three years coming up without him starting, but he is the kind of player who takes you to the title game half his seasons there.

Edit #2: Still not coming out right, all I am trying to say is Teddy Bridgewater is the truth and will be an amazing player for the U.

What happens if he opts out for the draft (MLB)?

Hollywood
06-13-2009, 02:16 AM

I haven't heard anything about Bridgewater and the draft, except that it is not true. I think it was one of those things were someone started that rumor very early on in his career, maybe a quote taken out of context, and it's just spiraled from there.

JoeyJr09
06-13-2009, 11:41 AM

By all accounts, he's deadset on football.

Cicero
06-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Yay UW with another verbal, G Colin Porter.

CashmoneyDrew
06-13-2009, 02:43 PM
I think it is down to a couple of schools," said Hendrix. "I am going to try to get down to Tennessee for a camp. I would really like to compete down there, so I think it would be a good experience. I also think I am going to try to get back to Notre Dame one more time since I didn't get to see the players the last time. I want to tour around with them and get answers to questions that only really a player can tell me. Those will be the only two visits I make before I make my decision."
Per Rivals via some guy over at Volnation. Kinda makes it sound like he's down to Notre Dame in Tennessee, but we'll see.

wicket
06-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Per Rivals via some guy over at Volnation. Kinda makes it sound like he's down to Notre Dame in Tennessee, but we'll see.

its more likely down to osu and ND tbh. No offense to tenn U but this kid is to focused on academics to go there. He just likes to compete and his interest in tenn seems to be coming from that. I personally think that he is irish by the end of the month (maybe as soon as his probable return-visit on the 21st) but i could be horribly wrong.

JoeyJr09
06-13-2009, 03:03 PM
its more likely down to osu and ND tbh. No offense to tenn U but this kid is to focused on academics to go there. He just likes to compete and his interest in tenn seems to be coming from that. I personally think that he is irish by the end of the month (maybe as soon as his probable return-visit on the 21st) but i could be horribly wrong.

I read that he's down to OSU and ND and he seemed pretty deadset on ND when we offered him. Here's from his latest article:

"Miami, Florida and (Ohio State) deserve hard consideration," he said. "I'm not 100-percent on Notre Dame yet; obviously it sounds like I am."

wicket
06-13-2009, 03:13 PM
I read that he's down to OSU and ND and he seemed pretty deadset on ND when we offered him. Here's from his latest article:

I can do nothing but agree with you

God I would be happy if he commits, QB recruiting has been so much drama and hysteria this class for ND.

CashmoneyDrew
06-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I think he chooses ND as well and Tennessee will be picking between Scroggins, Brunetti, and Rettig.

sbh15
06-13-2009, 03:37 PM
I dunno. What happened?

Post is a month old and I don't really follow that kid.

Care to fill me in on what you mean?

I meant do you know what caused the turnaround

BRAVEHEART
06-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah, I think he chooses ND as well and Tennessee will be picking between Scroggins, Brunetti, and Rettig.

Probably Scrogg and a packaged Dion Bailey. I think Brunetti will go to Miss.st

CashmoneyDrew
06-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Probably Scrogg and a packaged Dion Bailey. I think Brunetti will go to Miss.st

I definitely wouldn't complain about that.

BRAVEHEART
06-13-2009, 04:55 PM
I dont think Kiff is quite fond of scrambling QB's.

keylime_5
06-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I think it's almost a foregone conclusion that Hendrix is gonna commit to ND in the next couple weeks. We're looking toward Miller next year and wondering what unworthy low rated QB we're gonna offer next for this year.

Burger
06-13-2009, 11:32 PM
I dont think Kiff is quite fond of scrambling QB's.

Kiffin hates scrambling Qbs, look at the Jamarcus Russel draft.

VoteLynnSwan
06-13-2009, 11:36 PM

what is that supposed to mean?

BRAVEHEART
06-14-2009, 12:50 AM
what is that supposed to mean?

I don't know if he's agreeing with me or mocking me.

sbh15
06-14-2009, 01:49 AM

Jamarcus Russell is 6' 6", 260 lbs. He's not a scrambling QB like McNabb.

Burger
06-14-2009, 01:51 AM

Remember how Kiffin wanted Brady Quinn, but Al Davis wanted Russel?

BRAVEHEART
06-14-2009, 02:52 AM

Yeah, but that had more to do with Brady being better (atleast more polished) QB prospect. Jamarcus was/is a legitimate pocket passer. But I know Kiff wants somebody that'll fit in with the stuff that he ran at SC.

VoteLynnSwan
06-14-2009, 12:06 PM

this still has nothing to do with scrambling quarterbacks... Russell is not a scrambling quarterback...

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-14-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't think McNabb is technically a scrambling QB. He's way too accurate to be a scrambling QB plus scramblers generally look to run when the play breaks down, McNabb keeps his eyes down field until he absolutely has to run.

JoeyJr09
06-14-2009, 01:09 PM
I meant do you know what caused the turnaround

Wish I could tell you. I don't follow the kid, I was just posted what I had heard on him at the time.

703SKINS202
06-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Anyone know how Brunetti's trip to Morgantown went this weekend?

kwilk103
06-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Anyone know how Brunetti's trip to Morgantown went this weekend?

canceled his psu trip b/c of travel problems (flight delyed or something) and is in morgantown for 2 days

said he might visit psu in the fall, but wants to make an early decision

think it's wvu, ole miss, miss st and tennessee (in no particular order)

only verbal offers from ole miss and tennessee at this point

and wvu will be hosting 250 prospects the next 10 days (team camps, and individuals)

probably see a couple commits

Hines
06-14-2009, 02:46 PM
I like Brunetti and I do believe we have a good shot with him if he visits. We are also in good position with Robert Bolden. I don't know who I would want more.

BRAVEHEART
06-14-2009, 02:51 PM
I don't think McNabb is technically a scrambling QB. He's way too accurate to be a scrambling QB plus scramblers generally look to run when the play breaks down, McNabb keeps his eyes down field until he absolutely has to run.

wtf, this isn't madden.

TigerBait45
06-14-2009, 03:24 PM

Um..have you ever actually watched JaMarcus Russell play?

Oh, and while I'm here LSU picked up a QB today, Zach Lee, so I guess that means Munchie Legaux can go to Michigan now.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Hopefully this Lee can play QB.

TigerBait45
06-14-2009, 03:57 PM
He could very well end up playing baseball professionally, so I might have been premature in writing off a guy like Munchie if we're insistent on taking a QB in this class.

keylime_5
06-14-2009, 04:14 PM

McNabb is the epitome of a scrambling QB as far as it goes in the NFL, though moreso in his early years than nowadays.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-14-2009, 04:35 PM
McNabb is the epitome of a scrambling QB as far as it goes in the NFL, though moreso in his early years than nowadays.I guess i consider Vick a scrambling QB.

McNabb is a pocket passer who can scramble. Vick is a scrambler who can somewhat pass.

keylime_5
06-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Vick is the far end of the spectrum. There never was a guy like that really until he came into the league. McNabb and Cunningham, Tarkenton and Steve Young are all really pocket passers who are some of the best scramblers in NFL history. Early in his career McNabb was a running QB who could throw pretty good. At this point in his career it's more along the lines of a pocket passer who can run pretty good.

keylime_5
06-14-2009, 05:22 PM
...I think the standard for what the stigma of a scrambling QB is in college and in the pros are quite different. To be an NFL QB (with the exception of Vick really) you have to be an effective pocket passer regardless of if you can run really well or not and get yards on the ground like Steve Young, McNabb, etc. In college you need to be more of a runner than you have to be in the NFL to be considered a very mobile, scrambling QB. Nowadays that might be even more pronounced. Troy Smith was a scrambler for sure, but compared to guys like Vince Young, Tim Tebow, Pat White, etc. that we see in the zone read option spreads now he was hardly one.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Vick is the far end of the spectrum. There never was a guy like that really until he came into the league. McNabb and Cunningham, Tarkenton and Steve Young are all really pocket passers who are some of the best scramblers in NFL history. Early in his career McNabb was a running QB who could throw pretty good. At this point in his career it's more along the lines of a pocket passer who can run pretty good.yeah i can see how he made the transition over the years.

Hines
06-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Looks like Penn State brought in their 8th commit, PA ATH Kyle Baublitz. I like this pickup because he can play a number of positions for Penn State, but will probably end up at DE if he doesn't outgrow it.

Goober Man
06-14-2009, 08:27 PM

I dunno if your joking around or what not but I think we all know Al Davis does the drafting for the Raiders...The HC has no part of it.

sbh15
06-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Solomon Patton commits. Pulled a top kid straight out of Mobile, AL. Suck on that one, Saban.

Let's ******* gooooooo.

Newbs24
06-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Cornelius Jones is one to definitely watch to see is he commits to Michigan. He would be the 2nd QB in this class and a solid ATH pickup too. 6-3, 190lbs. The funny thing is, he is rocking a Wolverine helmet in his pics at camp today and a poster on GBW said that those are usually reserved for Michigan commits ONLY.

Greg Brown a 2011 DB from Fremont Ross (OH) is also here. He had a GREAT camp last year and looks to do the same this year. On lookers said he is 5-11 180lbs and has some quick feet.Rumor is he REALLY likes Michigan. Hopefully we can get in the drivers seat and pick up a verbal from him sometime soon. Kid looks to be a player for sure.

saintsfan912
06-14-2009, 09:54 PM
LSU picked up another commit this weekend from QB Zach Lee. Don't know much about him except he's also a highly touted baseball player and the greatness of the baseball program probably had something to do with it.

Sniper
06-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Greg Brown a 2011 DB from Fremont Ross (OH) is also here.

Wasn't there a pretty good DB from Fremont Ross at Michigan about a dozen years ago or so? Keylime, help me out. What's this guy's name?

:D

iowatreat54
06-14-2009, 10:12 PM
McNabb now is different than McNabb coming into the league. Coming into the league, McNabb was the pretty much the definition of a scrambling QB at the time.

Sniper
06-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh, and while I'm here LSU picked up a QB today, Zach Lee, so I guess that means Munchie Legaux can go to Michigan now.

Probably not. Cornelius Jones looks like he might commit soon, and there are reports that Legaux may not have a written offer.

superman8456
06-14-2009, 10:39 PM
Penn St got Kyle Baublitz and Im pumped about this pickup.

I dont think he will be playing DE for us, but I could be wrong.

Sniper
06-14-2009, 10:41 PM
ATH Jessel Curry has backed off his WVU commitment after his Auburn visit and I'm told will publicly commit to AU soon.

Didn't see that posted. Courtesy of ThaRinger.

Cicero
06-14-2009, 11:23 PM
CB Keanon Lowe (#13 Rivals at CB) verbally committed to UW today.

Sniper
06-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Penn St got Kyle Baublitz and Im pumped about this pickup.

I dont think he will be playing DE for us, but I could be wrong.

According to Baublitz's article on Penn State's Scout site, PSU wants him at DE.

BRAVEHEART
06-14-2009, 11:54 PM
CB Keanon Lowe (#13 Rivals at CB) verbally committed to UW today.

good get, you should post in the pac 10 thread.

Hines
06-15-2009, 12:10 AM
According to Baublitz's article on Penn State's Scout site, PSU wants him at DE.

Yeah he will play DE, but has the versatility to play DT, LB, and TE. I really like him.

That QB you are after, is his real name Munchie or is that a nickname?

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-15-2009, 12:11 AM
It is pretty hard to tell on Baublitz. He is more of a jumbo-ATH that could realistically end up being a TE, DE, or DT. He has a nice shuttle but his 40 is ugly over 5., yet Rivals has him as a 4* Rivals 250 prospect and the #5 TE in the nation. Scout has him as the # 40-something DE and a 3* prospect. I believe he favors the defensive side of the ball, but in HS he plays out of position on the defensive side of the ball (LB).

Regardless he is a tough FOOTBALL PLAYER, and you can always use those guys...it will just be interesting to see whether he gets taller or not, whether he fills out to a lean 270-275 while getting taller or ends up a 6'4/6'5 290-315 pound type....can never tell really but watching his highlights and looking at pictures of his frame it seems he'll be the tall/lean type (probable SDE).

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Hines beat me with the post. ;)

TigerBait45
06-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Probably not. Cornelius Jones looks like he might commit soon, and there are reports that Legaux may not have a written offer.

well damn. Tennessee doesn't want him right now either so I guess he's going to a state school.

Sniper
That QB you are after, is his real name Munchie or is that a nickname?

A quick Google search reveals that his real name is Benton.

Sniper
well damn. Tennessee doesn't want him right now either so I guess he's going to a state school.

Ole Miss will take him. They take everyone.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-15-2009, 01:13 AM
Didn't see that posted. Courtesy of ThaRinger.WTF is Au telling these kids?

AU is like the least attractive school in Alabama.

ironman4579
06-15-2009, 01:53 AM
I didn't see it posted anywhere, but it looks like Alabama has been hit with NCAA sanctions for violations. Nothing major (although apparently the NCAA called them "major violations"). The sanctions just involve the past, vacating some wins. Nothing serious, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

EDIT:My bad, forgot the link in case anyone wanted to read it.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jnmAdMnCHc1UXGGbZikrmXj3Le0gD98OOQDG0

kwilk103
06-15-2009, 01:58 AM
WTF is Au telling these kids?

AU is like the least attractive school in Alabama.

who knows

curry told our coaches and mods he "is a man of his word"

guess not

have to be telling them something (it is auburn, and they have a shady past)

i mean, you have a coach with a 5-19 record (granted it was at iowa st, but articles said the practices, sidelines, etc were very disorganized) and you can get the #1, 2, and 3 rb to visit????

JoeyJr09
06-15-2009, 08:17 AM
who knows

curry told our coaches and mods he "is a man of his word"

guess not

have to be telling them something (it is auburn, and they have a shady past)

i mean, you have a coach with a 5-19 record (granted it was at iowa st, but articles said the practices, sidelines, etc were very disorganized) and you can get the #1, 2, and 3 rb to visit????

It's amazing what happens when your OC ran the number 1 offense in the country last year......at Tulsa.

We were looking into him as well but decided to go Pro Style and he runs a spread.

But offensive players wanna play for the guy.