PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

JRTPlaya21
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Morgan Moses unlikely to qualify at UVA. No shock there.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/sports/college/college_baseball/article/UVAN04_20090603-221002/271702/

JRTPlaya21
06-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Willie Downs to JUCO. May be old news.

http://floridastate.scout.com/2/863505.html

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-15-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm sure Bama is doing all they can to qualify Snetimore because if he goes JUCO he's LSU's imo.

Newbs24
06-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Holmes Onwukaife apparently has committed to Michigan. Hasn't gotten a hold of Rich Rod to inform him but I do not think there will be much resistance. We need some DE's and this kid seems to have the ability to get after the QB. Super athletic and has a great frame to build on.

Sniper
06-15-2009, 11:40 AM
Nice! Kid's got a decent offer list.

Sniper
06-15-2009, 12:59 PM
MI QB Robert Bolden commits to the community college in East Lansing.

http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php/topic,4310.0.html

IrishTrojan
06-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Bolden to MSU.
http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php/topic,4310.0.html

kwilk103
06-15-2009, 01:43 PM
wvu leads for qb barry brunetti

Sniper
06-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Turns out Bolden didn't commit.

BRAVEHEART
06-15-2009, 02:22 PM
MSU would be the best option for him.

Sniper
06-15-2009, 02:23 PM
MSU would be the best option for him.

Maybe. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ohio State offer him if/when they whiff on Andrew Hendrix. He'd fit well into what they're trying to do.

BRAVEHEART
06-15-2009, 02:30 PM
OSU is another good fit too, but I think Bolden would become (probably a better) Stanton over at MSU.

Sniper
06-15-2009, 02:32 PM
OSU is another good fit too, but I think Bolden would become (probably a better) Stanton over at MSU.

Bolden might not ever see the field if Andrew Maxwell is as good as advertised.

sbh15
06-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Stephen Alli commits to UF...

*scratches head*

Is he any good and where in the world did this come from?

BRAVEHEART
06-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Bolden might not ever see the field if Andrew Maxwell is as good as advertised.

He could be if their O-line is up to par. Luckily Maxwell will be throwing to this guy.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Camper/PHOTO/MARKDELLNIKE150.JPG

Sniper
06-15-2009, 02:43 PM
He could be if their O-line is up to par. Luckily Maxwell will be throwing to this guy.

Maxwell will be throwing to this guy.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/46/468972.jpg

BRAVEHEART
06-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Maxwell will be throwing to this guy.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/46/468972.jpg

Oh, I see what you did there.

keylime_5
06-15-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't think we're gonna offer Bolden. I think if Hendrix verbals to ND then we'll offer legacy Taylor Graham from Illinois.

Sniper
06-15-2009, 04:03 PM
I don't think we're gonna offer Bolden. I think if Hendrix verbals to ND then we'll offer legacy Taylor Graham from Illinois.

And what if he passes? Are you going to get rejected by Temple and Miami (OH) commits again?

keylime_5
06-15-2009, 04:12 PM
I don't think he'd pass if offered, but if we get to the point where all the QBs we want say no, we probably will not take a QB this year before we reach for one just to fill a spot on the roster. QB isn't a must have need this year like it was last year and next year. We can take Miller and one more experimental guy in 2011 and we'll be fine even if we don't sign one this year.

wicket
06-15-2009, 04:53 PM
ot brent benedict to georgia, did not see this coming tbh

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-15-2009, 04:55 PM
now Auburn is Dyer's #1. WTF seriously.

sbh15
06-15-2009, 05:25 PM
ot brent benedict to georgia, did not see this coming tbh

****, he was definitely leaning to UF earlier too.

wicket
06-15-2009, 05:27 PM

it was more the timing that suprised me, he was talking about all kinds of visits

JoeyJr09
06-15-2009, 05:27 PM

Yea but he's been heavily UGA for the last 2 months. This shouldnt be a surprise.

He's overrated anyways. Your not missing out on much. People just give him the benefit of the doubt because they feel for him after his bro died at the combine.

sbh15
06-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Sorry for the double post, but here's what I found about about Stephen Alli.

The staff apparently watched him workout and offered on the spot. This says a whole lot considering the guys on the board right now. He's 6'5" and runs a supposed 4.38 forty. He's a big project, but could turn into something big.

And I hadn't heard anything about the UGA lean. But apparently OT Chaz Green might commit soon to take that spot that we wanted Benedict for and it could change Christian Green's recruitment entirely (I've heard he really wants to play with Chaz).

JoeyJr09
06-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Sorry for the double post, but here's what I found about about Stephen Alli.

The staff apparently watched him workout and offered on the spot. This says a whole lot considering the guys on the board right now. He's 6'5" and runs a supposed 4.38 forty. He's a big project, but could turn into something big.

And I hadn't heard anything about the UGA lean. But apparently OT Chaz Green might commit soon to take that spot that we wanted Benedict for and it could change Christian Green's recruitment entirely (I've heard he really wants to play with Chaz).

Christian Green is deadset on FSU. Nothing that UF does is gonna change that. Plus I've heard the exact opposite. I heard he and Chaz aren't ven that good of friends.

You should close the deal with Chaz fairly soon tho.

JoeyJr09
06-15-2009, 05:46 PM
So here's some Miami tidbits from the camp this weekend:

-The was apparently some sort of transportation issue because none of the Jacksonville area kids were able to make it down. Miami commits 4* DT Louis Nix and 4* OT Tavadis Glenn as well as Miami leans 3* OL Tramell Williams and 3* WR Sean Tapley all had a last minute problem that stopped them from coming. Definitely a letdown as we expected Tapley to commit.

-3* LB Tyrone Cornelius skipped out on GT's camp to come to ours at the last minute. GT was considered our only real threat. He says he'll commit by the end of the month.

-4* LB Javarie Johnson had said he would commit on the spot if we offered during the camp. We'll we offered, but no commit (shocking). He says we are in his top 4 with MSU, UM, and Maryland but that we were a game changer.

-3* Darius Robinson also said there was a chance he could commit at the camp. He's the last recruit left in town. He's touring the campus with coaches right now and is supposed to hang out with some of the players tonite. Spent last nite with Jacory Harris. Lots of smoke here but there's still an off chance we get a commit from him tonite. Not expecting it anymore tho.

-Still more news coming in so I'll likely have more later. Camp ended less then 2 hours ago.

bwillie26
06-15-2009, 07:14 PM
You Florida boys, what do you know about Tyler Moore, kid from the 2011 class? He already has like 20 verbal offers that I have heard about. Is he a top 10-15 talent in Florida next year?

IrishTrojan
06-15-2009, 07:53 PM
http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php?board=1.0

you will find a lot of great recruiting info on this board. Lots of insiders etc. check it out

Sniper
06-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Per ThaRinger...

Memphis(TN) QB Barry Brunetti has committed to West Virginia. Great pickup for the Mountaineers and should be fun to see if it sticks.

Sniper
06-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Per ThaRinger...

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=956145&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Rivals confirms.

Hines
06-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Good pickup by West Virginia. Looks like Penn State struck out twice for their search of a number 2 quarterback this season.

Jonny
06-15-2009, 08:41 PM
I know Dan Foose and Jake Kaufman hit UF and Miami this weekend, and there was some talk that Florida would offer. However, Foose is a silent to Rutgers and Kaufman tagging along is seen as evidence that Foose is working on him as a package deal to RU.

kwilk103
06-15-2009, 08:53 PM
yes

set at wvu for a while

703SKINS202
06-15-2009, 09:20 PM
yes

set at wvu for a while

If our verbal QB commits stay WV commits then hellllllll yes. This is awesome news I know Brunetti liked WVU but I really didn't think we would get him in the end. Very happy right now.

Edit* Does this mean Jeremy Johnson converts to CB/WR now?

Sniper
06-15-2009, 09:24 PM
SC QB/ATH Cornelius Jones commits to Michigan.

MI CB Mylan Hicks commits to Michigan State.

sbh15
06-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Per ThaRinger...

I love this... another swing and a miss for Tennessee.

Sniper
06-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Personally, I love the Cornelius Jones pickup for Michigan. Good athlete who fits the 2nd QB quota in this class. Plus, if QB doesn't work out, he can always move to S, LB, or WR.

703SKINS202
06-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Personally, I love the Cornelius Jones pickup for Michigan. Good athlete who fits the 2nd QB quota in this class. Plus, if QB doesn't work out, he can always move to S, LB, or WR.

Agreed. Rich Rod is really doing his thing as far as recruiting goes. I can't help but thank him for putting us back on the map because now even Bill Stewart is turning out a recruiting class I didn't think he was capable of, at least so far.

kwilk103
06-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Agreed. Rich Rod is really doing his thing as far as recruiting goes. I can't help but thank him for putting us back on the map because now even Bill Stewart is turning out a recruiting class I didn't think he was capable of, at least so far.

stewart was the best recruiter under rod...got us guys like starks, hogan, lazear, etc

plus, he hired good recruiters as well as coaches

kwilk103
06-15-2009, 10:03 PM
If our verbal QB commits stay WV commits then hellllllll yes. This is awesome news I know Brunetti liked WVU but I really didn't think we would get him in the end. Very happy right now.

Edit* Does this mean Jeremy Johnson converts to CB/WR now?

i know johnson has said he knew we were taking 2 qbs, but you have to think he reconsiders; maybe he thought we wouldnt get another top qb?

plus texas is a long way away

BRAVEHEART
06-15-2009, 10:17 PM

I doubt he was their main QB for this class.

THE U ALL DAY
06-15-2009, 10:19 PM
I can't wait to see Coley play

kwilk103
06-15-2009, 10:29 PM
I can't wait to see Coley play

coley white for wvu?

THE U ALL DAY
06-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah,

I live in WV so I watch all of the games

kwilk103
06-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah,

I live in WV so I watch all of the games

not gonna play qb

likely switch positions

sbh15
06-16-2009, 01:27 AM
I doubt he was their main QB for this class.

Yeah, but he's from TN and was a major target. They also whiffed on Jake Heaps. And every other quarterback they've recruited. It's more the fact that I go read the **** they spew on VolNation every once in a while and I can't help but shake my head and laugh at the guys they think they'll get.

kwilk103
06-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeah, but he's from TN and was a major target. They also whiffed on Jake Heaps. And every other quarterback they've recruited. It's more the fact that I go read the **** they spew on VolNation every once in a while and I can't help but shake my head and laugh at the guys they think they'll get.

they had a top 50 qb in tajh boyd last year, but kiffin said he didnt fit the system

yet they have struck out on everyone they've been after this year

CashmoneyDrew
06-16-2009, 02:26 AM

I don't think they were really swinging for Brunnetti at all yet. If they got desperate for some reason (they won't) they could go get him before national signing day I believe.

He wasn't a major target. All he's received is a verbal offer. Plus, Jake Heaps is the only QB they've really pushed for so far. And also, you can't take much from Volnation very seriously. It's an all Tennessee board, of course it's gonna be filled with homers.

they had a top 50 qb in tajh boyd last year, but kiffin said he didnt fit the system

yet they have struck out on everyone they've been after this year

Tajh Boyd had an injury that could have affected him for this year, plus he's a small scrambling QB. Why would Kiff want him for a pro style offense? And how has Tennessee struck out on every QB they've been after? The only QB they've strongly pursued and lost out on was Heaps. They are pushing hard for Scroggins and a lot of people believe that the coaching staff likes him more than Heaps. Tennessee still has plenty of opportunities to get a good QB in this class and anyone that thinks they won't sign one pretty good QB in this class is naive. I guarantee Kiffin's not losing sleep over Brunetti to WVU.

brat316
06-16-2009, 02:42 AM
I don't think they were really swinging for Brunnetti at all yet. If they got desperate for some reason (they won't) they could go get him before national signing day I believe.

He wasn't a major target. All he's received is a verbal offer. Plus, Jake Heaps is the only QB they've really pushed for so far. And also, you can't take much from Volnation very seriously. It's an all Tennessee board, of course it's gonna be filled with homers.

Tajh Boyd had an injury that could have affected him for this year, plus he's a small scrambling QB. Why would Kiff want him for a pro style offense? And how has Tennessee struck out on every QB they've been after? The only QB they've strongly pursued and lost out on was Heaps. They are pushing hard for Scroggins and a lot of people believe that the coaching staff likes him more than Heaps. Tennessee still has plenty of opportunities to get a good QB in this class and anyone that thinks they won't sign one pretty good QB in this class is naive. I guarantee Kiffin's not losing sleep over Brunetti to WVU.

Who the qb they are targeting from Philadelphia?

Edit:
Malik Stokes?

O well...Come on Temple, stay at home.

kwilk103
06-16-2009, 03:52 AM
tahj body is not a scrambling qb

he was one of the top pro-style qbs; he just happened to be able to run if needed

he is a pass first qb

wicket
06-16-2009, 04:14 AM

he was one of the top pro-style qbs; he just happened to be able to run if needed

he is a pass first qb

we should just introduce a third category here cuz every time it comes up people are getting a disagreement over here.
imo you have.
pure passers with drew brees, peyton manning and a lot of other pro qb's as good examples. this doesnt mean they never scramble (like brady) but they look for it as a last resort or do it when they can really easily get a first down or something.

then you have pass-first-scramblers. pro examples are donovan mcnabb, jeff garcia and to some extend tony romo. These guys look to pass but if nothing is open they set off.

and at the last part you have quick-read-scramblers, with michael vick and vince young as famous pro examples but you have many more in the college ranks. These guys take like two quick reads and if no easy pass is open they set off.

and people keep on fighting because some people see the second category as scramblers and others dont.
Sorry for this oration but it got draining to see people arguing about the same stuff all the time.

Sniper
06-16-2009, 08:34 AM
http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=872657

William Gholston finally commits to Michigan State.

CC
06-16-2009, 08:39 AM
http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=872657

William Gholston finally commits to Michigan State.

Great get for the Spartans.

wicket
06-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Great get for the Spartans.

affirmative

Sniper
06-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Gholston to MSU means UM can give up that pipe-dream and accept Holmes Onwukaife's verbal.

JoeyJr09
06-16-2009, 08:46 AM
You Florida boys, what do you know about Tyler Moore, kid from the 2011 class? He already has like 20 verbal offers that I have heard about. Is he a top 10-15 talent in Florida next year?

I haven't even heard of that kid being on any watch lists, much less a top 15 talent.

ThaRinger has a pretty comprehensive list set up for 2011 of about 35 guys. Moore isn't even on it.

And Clearwater is a bad part of the state for football.

keylime_5
06-16-2009, 10:03 AM

he is a pass first qb

exactly. He is a lot like Troy Smith, only more polished coming out of high school. I don't get why he wouldn't fit their system. You take a guy that talented if you can.

Hines
06-16-2009, 10:15 AM
MSU has been reeling in some solid recruits the past few seasons.

LizardState
06-16-2009, 10:17 AM
I didn't see it posted anywhere, but it looks like Alabama has been hit with NCAA sanctions for violations. Nothing major (although apparently the NCAA called them "major violations"). The sanctions just involve the past, vacating some wins. Nothing serious, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

EDIT:My bad, forgot the link in case anyone wanted to read it.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jnmAdMnCHc1UXGGbZikrmXj3Le0gD98OOQDG0

Another of the many thousands of reasons they fired Mike Shula & threw $24M at Saban.

My fave reason was always Shula's statement "The alumni support isn't all that important." Even though he was a former Tide starting QB, Shula thought he was still coaching in the NFL. Alumni rah-rah is only the lifeblood of college ball, you f*cking moron!

Shula booted players for pissing dirty but didn't run a tight ship on academics, this was on a program on it's 2nd probation. Saban gets props for correcting the infraction that happened way before his watch.

bwillie26
06-16-2009, 10:57 AM
I haven't even heard of that kid being on any watch lists, much less a top 15 talent.

ThaRinger has a pretty comprehensive list set up for 2011 of about 35 guys. Moore isn't even on it.

And Clearwater is a bad part of the state for football.

Already has an offer from DA U as well as FSU, USF, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson and Nebraska.

TigerBait45
06-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Brunetti seems like kind of a backup plan for Tennessee if they don't get Jesse Scroggins

CashmoneyDrew
06-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Brunetti seems like kind of a backup plan for Tennessee if they don't get Jesse Scroggins

Brunetti is probably their 4th or 5th option at this point.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-16-2009, 12:53 PM
Does anybody know if Clements is still gonna visit Michigan? I know he is a long shot but he said some good things about us and I'm curious if he is going to follow through with it.

Hokie_Pokie08
06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Brent Benedict to UGA. Very nice pick up for them.

wicket
06-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Brent Benedict to UGA. Very nice pick up for them.

in other news, it was recently discovered that the earth indeed is not flat

Sniper
06-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Does anybody know if Clements is still gonna visit Michigan? I know he is a long shot but he said some good things about us and I'm curious if he is going to follow through with it.

He's at UM now.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-16-2009, 02:01 PM
He's at UM now.

Cool. I didn't see his name on anything that I checked as of this morning.

JoeyJr09
06-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Already has an offer from DA U as well as FSU, USF, Ohio State, Michigan, Clemson and Nebraska.

Not sure what that has to do with how highly he is ranked as far as the state HS football.

Plus he's a 2011 kid. They can't even officially be offered until September 1st. Until then all the offers crap is hearsay. Rivals and Scout can't even get the 2010 kids offer lists right. Jahkari Gore has yet to get an offer from Miami, yet they've had him listed with a Miami offer is about this time last year.

Newbs24
06-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Holmes is still a ways down the ladder on the DE/OLB list. I know they want Olaynian to get on campus to get a feel and also have Javarrie higher than Holmes as well. I think the Holmes commitment is much like Travis Williams. I think we see Holmes in this class before Williams thogh.

Cullen Christian should be on campus very shortly. Hope he commits this week sometime.

Eduardo Clements saw Michigans campus with Ricardo Miller. He was his unofficial host on this unofficial visit. Still think Clements is a Dawg but heard he is a damn good RB.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-17-2009, 12:14 PM
I personally like Holmes, however I think they want him on campus because he would surely be a guy who would de-commit, because he hasn't been up here yet.

JoeyJr09
06-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Holmes is still a ways down the ladder on the DE/OLB list. I know they want Olaynian to get on campus to get a feel and also have Javarrie higher than Holmes as well. I think the Holmes commitment is much like Travis Williams. I think we see Holmes in this class before Williams thogh.

Cullen Christian should be on campus very shortly. Hope he commits this week sometime.

Eduardo Clements saw Michigans campus with Ricardo Miller. He was his unofficial host on this unofficial visit. Still think Clements is a Dawg but heard he is a damn good RB.

Clements is picking between FSU and UGA with UGA being the leaders ATM. Extremely unlikely he heads elsewhere.

He was a huge underachiever last year. Probably the biggest letdown in the entire state. He was downright bad last year. But he blew up during his SO year and basically won the State Title game for BTW by himself that year. And his potential is thru the roof. He has everything you look for in a back, tool wise.

Easily Miami's number 1 target at RB and mine as well but he's looking to leave home.

sbh15
06-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Ronald Powell's interest in Florida... is it legitimate?

JoeyJr09
06-17-2009, 01:37 PM

I heard it was. But I admittedly dont follow the kid at all. Just hear it in passing.

bwillie26
06-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Not sure what that has to do with how highly he is ranked as far as the state HS football.

Plus he's a 2011 kid. They can't even officially be offered until September 1st. Until then all the offers crap is hearsay. Rivals and Scout can't even get the 2010 kids offer lists right. Jahkari Gore has yet to get an offer from Miami, yet they've had him listed with a Miami offer is about this time last year.

So you're saying the kid is a liar, eh? Cool.

You take this recruiting stuff a tad bit too serious.

BRAVEHEART
06-17-2009, 01:39 PM

Yes it is, it's been USC...................florida and that's it since last year. If he's not a trojan, than he's a gator.

JoeyJr09
06-17-2009, 01:46 PM
So you're saying the kid is a liar, eh? Cool.

You take this recruiting stuff a tad bit too serious.

Um.....Both Merill Noel and Ricardo Allen had a report come out yesterday about how they lied about Miami offers they didn't have.

Not to mention, he can't officially get offers until September. Verbal offers are ****. A coach can tell the kid they are thinking of offering, the kid goes around claiming he has an offer, and then when the time comes for the official offers to come out (4 months from now), the staff's could have a change of heart and not offer. Any 2011 kid claiming offers at this point is making stuff up. By NCAA rules he can't even get an offer until September.

Did you miss the story last year about a kid that lied about his entire recruitment? Faked a LOI, press conference and everything.

Stop being a dick too btw. If there wasn't an article about him by the Nebraska site 2 days ago, nobody has any idea who this kid is so put the homerism aside and use common sense.

703SKINS202
06-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Barry Sander Jr. :D

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/maxprepstv.mxp/videoid-29405b92-d07e-4fdb-a511-d94241b7d737

superman8456
06-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Barry Sander Jr. :D

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/maxprepstv.mxp/videoid-29405b92-d07e-4fdb-a511-d94241b7d737

is overrated. Only because of his dad is he getting this attention.

If you wanna talk about good, you have to talk about Kelvin Taylor, Fred Taylors son.

JoeyJr09
06-17-2009, 03:04 PM
is overrated. Only because of his dad is he getting this attention.

If you wanna talk about good, you have to talk about Kelvin Taylor, Fred Taylors son.

While I agree that Fred Taylor's kid is real good. Didnt you just kinda contradict yourself with ur statement.

Kelvin gets just as much extra attention because of who his dad is as Barry Jr does.

jballa838
06-17-2009, 04:27 PM
UW is having one of the best classes ever for a program that just went 0-12,and has a new head coach in charge.

superman8456
06-17-2009, 04:34 PM
While I agree that Fred Taylor's kid is real good. Didnt you just kinda contradict yourself with ur statement.

Kelvin gets just as much extra attention because of who his dad is as Barry Jr does.

Not necessarily. Kelvin Taylor played on a VARSITY football team as an 8th grader! That is a 13-14 year old boy going up against 17-18 year old men. The fact that he did that and still did the things he did are extremely impressive.

BRAVEHEART
06-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Not necessarily. Kelvin Taylor played on a VARSITY football team as an 8th grader! That is a 13-14 year old boy going up against 17-18 year old boys. The fact that he did that and still did the things he did are extremely impressive.

fixed

UW is having one of the best classes ever for a program that just went 0-12,and has a new head coach in charge.

If you hang on to Sione and get Tevin back, sure.

JoeyJr09
06-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Not necessarily. Kelvin Taylor played on a VARSITY football team as an 8th grader! That is a 13-14 year old boy going up against 17-18 year old men. The fact that he did that and still did the things he did are extremely impressive.

1st time I've heard heard a 17 year old called a man. They are still kids at 17. Have yet to even fill out.

Plus, Barry Sanders Jr is tearing it up as a freshman. Whats the difference between Taylor doing it at 13 and Sanders doing it at 14?

bwillie26
06-17-2009, 08:27 PM
Um.....Both Merill Noel and Ricardo Allen had a report come out yesterday about how they lied about Miami offers they didn't have.

Not to mention, he can't officially get offers until September. Verbal offers are ****. A coach can tell the kid they are thinking of offering, the kid goes around claiming he has an offer, and then when the time comes for the official offers to come out (4 months from now), the staff's could have a change of heart and not offer. Any 2011 kid claiming offers at this point is making stuff up. By NCAA rules he can't even get an offer until September.

Did you miss the story last year about a kid that lied about his entire recruitment? Faked a LOI, press conference and everything.

Stop being a dick too btw. If there wasn't an article about him by the Nebraska site 2 days ago, nobody has any idea who this kid is so put the homerism aside and use common sense.

Cool. So you have some kids lie. Does that mean Tyler Moore is a liar as well? Not real sexy to be calling a 16 year old kid a liar, playa.

Really? I mean, REALLY? Shocking, groundbreaking info there. Thank you, Joseph. Kid has camped this summer and worked as an OT for the first time and has picked up offer after after. Deal with it.

Cool. So just because you cannot see the offer, it makes them a liar, correct? So from now on, unless you see for yourself that written offer, there is that shred of doubt. I mean, unless you are willing to take someone elses word for it. But obviously you are not. Good luck with calling up every recruit to ask them for a copy of their written offer just so you know they are not a liar.

To say no one knew Tyler Moore is just flat out wrong. Any legacy with a shred of talent is always known. Especially a kid with Tyler's talent. But grand assumptions seem to be your shtick.

And man, you really do not want to go down the road of telling someone else to stop being a d***. I mean, seriously. Your ego is disgusting and pathetic. But maybe you will drop me some more negative rep as you did last time when we got into a discussion. HA!

EDIT: Wait, maybe I should have checked my rep ...

http://i41.tinypic.com/ml2hhx.jpg

Sad man. Just sad.

keylime_5
06-17-2009, 09:20 PM
(Before anyone just rips me, this is from BP and from rivals) Joyner says he's probably gonna verbal by his second game of the season. Gonna pick between FSU and OSU...likes OSU's coaches the best and their ability to help him mature, FSU is his childhood dream school, but being instate is a negative oddly I guess (wants to get away from home). Interesting considering the schedule during the first two weeks of football season:

Aug 29 - Play against Upper Arlington in the Horseshoe.
Sep 11 - Play back home at STA.
Sep 12 - Come back to the Horseshoe to watch USC-OSU on his official visit.
Then he'll commit to FSU or OSU

I like that he's gonna announce before signing day as originally planned....and if he was gonna decide in December or January would've hurt OSU's chances I think, he's already decided and could announce any time. So much for him jerking schools around and commiting/recommiting over and over before signging day, that's not gonna happen.

TigerBait45
06-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Since we were talking about Munchie Legaux earlier, I just saw that he named Oregon as his leader.

Good place for him, he'd fit what they want to do.

JoeyJr09
06-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Cool. So you have some kids lie. Does that mean Tyler Moore is a liar as well? Not real sexy to be calling a 16 year old kid a liar, playa.

Really? I mean, REALLY? Shocking, groundbreaking info there. Thank you, Joseph. Kid has camped this summer and worked as an OT for the first time and has picked up offer after after. Deal with it.

Cool. So just because you cannot see the offer, it makes them a liar, correct? So from now on, unless you see for yourself that written offer, there is that shred of doubt. I mean, unless you are willing to take someone elses word for it. But obviously you are not. Good luck with calling up every recruit to ask them for a copy of their written offer just so you know they are not a liar.

To say no one knew Tyler Moore is just flat out wrong. Any legacy with a shred of talent is always known. Especially a kid with Tyler's talent. But grand assumptions seem to be your shtick.

And man, you really do not want to go down the road of telling someone else to stop being a d***. I mean, seriously. Your ego is disgusting and pathetic. But maybe you will drop me some more negative rep as you did last time when we got into a discussion. HA!

EDIT: Wait, maybe I should have checked my rep ...

http://i41.tinypic.com/ml2hhx.jpg

Sad man. Just sad.

What is your problem man?

I mean seriously. Every time I post something on here and you don't like the sound of it, you go on a bash Joey rampage. Get over it already dude. You asked for an opinion, I gave it. You didn't like the opinion (because I said he wasn't a top 15 talent in state) and you started trashing it, bringing up his offers and yada, yada, yada.

If you don't wanna hear from me, then don't ask. For Christ sake dude. Your the one that jumped all over my back just because you didn't like my opinion and you act like I'm the problem?

EDIT: to stay on topic. I love how your trying to bash me for supposedly calling the kid a liar. Except I never called the kid a liar. I brought up Rivals having bad information, kids confusing interest and an actual offer and others things as reasons why his offer list might seem bigger then it really is. But you just picked out lying amongst all those reasons and somehow spun it in your head that I called the kid a liar.

JoeyJr09
06-18-2009, 12:11 AM
(Before anyone just rips me, this is from BP and from rivals) Joyner says he's probably gonna verbal by his second game of the season. Gonna pick between FSU and OSU...likes OSU's coaches the best and their ability to help him mature, FSU is his childhood dream school, but being instate is a negative oddly I guess (wants to get away from home). Interesting considering the schedule during the first two weeks of football season:

Aug 29 - Play against Upper Arlington in the Horseshoe.
Sep 11 - Play back home at STA.
Sep 12 - Come back to the Horseshoe to watch USC-OSU on his official visit.
Then he'll commit to FSU or OSU

I like that he's gonna announce before signing day as originally planned....and if he was gonna decide in December or January would've hurt OSU's chances I think, he's already decided and could announce any time. So much for him jerking schools around and commiting/recommiting over and over before signging day, that's not gonna happen.

Yea ok. Have you already forgotten how many different top 5 lists this kids had just 2 months ago? I'm not saying he'll ever decommit but to suggest any of the drama around him is gonna stop just cause he commits is false. He loves the spotlight. He'll milk if for as much as he can, whether he's committed or not.

You'll hear from him until he signs the paper.

cdub11
06-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Texas offered LB Aaron Franklin this week

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-18-2009, 09:32 AM
LSU got Houston Bates yesterday. Word is we like him as a MLB. 6'3 240 (according to rivals)

keylime_5
06-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Taylor Graham offered by Ohio State. Writing is on the wall regarding Andrew Hendrix's future.

bigbenn
06-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Detroit, Michigan Cass Tech S/LB Daniel Easterly commits to Illinois. Love this pickup.

Sniper
06-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Detroit, Michigan Cass Tech S/LB Daniel Easterly commits to Illinois. Love this pickup.

Link? And that would probably change if Michigan offered.

wicket
06-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Taylor Graham offered by Ohio State. Writing is on the wall regarding Andrew Hendrix's future.

Graham is a good consolation price though. could well have been nd's next option as well. Still very happy with hendrix though if that turns out the way it now seems.

Sniper
06-18-2009, 12:16 PM

Graham is a ginger. Like people needed any more reasons to hate Ohio State.

wicket
06-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Graham is a ginger. Like people needed any more reasons to hate Ohio State.

enter Eric Cartman

keylime_5
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
I always like getting legacies. Graham has a decent offer list too, it says some real QB gurus want him running their offense: Neuheisel, Cutcliffe, Norm Chow, Bobby Petrino, etc. We could do a lot worse this year with our QB spot.

sbh15
06-18-2009, 01:47 PM
RB/DB Travon Van from NY commits to Florida.

Another interesting one, but he looks like a great athlete, and if I've learned anything, it's not to question coach Meyer's strategy. He's been recruiting straight athletes since he got here, and I love these kids that look like they can play RB/WR/Special Teams. They fit the system perfectly.

More interesting is that he has confirmed offers (by Rivals) from USC, Miami, and UF.

And Chris Dunkley should commit to us before the end of the year.

bigbenn
06-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Link? And that would probably change if Michigan offered.

http://illinois.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=957195

I doubt a Michigan offer could change it now, but who knows..

CC
06-18-2009, 02:18 PM
http://illinois.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=957195

I doubt a Michigan offer could change it now, but who knows..

It would be interesting, he has said he has interest in UM previously and Cass Tech is a Michigan pipeline.

Good pickup for Illinois either way.

bwillie26
06-18-2009, 02:23 PM
What is your problem man?

I mean seriously. Every time I post something on here and you don't like the sound of it, you go on a bash Joey rampage. Get over it already dude. You asked for an opinion, I gave it. You didn't like the opinion (because I said he wasn't a top 15 talent in state) and you started trashing it, bringing up his offers and yada, yada, yada.

If you don't wanna hear from me, then don't ask. For Christ sake dude. Your the one that jumped all over my back just because you didn't like my opinion and you act like I'm the problem?

EDIT: to stay on topic. I love how your trying to bash me for supposedly calling the kid a liar. Except I never called the kid a liar. I brought up Rivals having bad information, kids confusing interest and an actual offer and others things as reasons why his offer list might seem bigger then it really is. But you just picked out lying amongst all those reasons and somehow spun it in your head that I called the kid a liar.

No, every time you post something you do it with a complete ego and you do not expect anyone to doubt you. Basically, you think your info is the end all be all of this board. There lies your problem and the disgusting ego you have.

I did not ask for your opinion - you would think after numerous times I have talked to you that any type of talk between us will result in the same thing. But yet you decide to jump in again with the same type of maniacal talk that always ends up in the same place for us. Why you like the bludgeoning is beyond me.

I have no problems with your opinion. It is simply the fact that when someone challenges your info or your opinion, you get completely up in arms. Again, thats where the whole ego problem comes in.

The kid says he has over 20 verbal offer, he directly said it. You said a kid can fabricate those stories. It's either he is lying or he is not. Do not back track on that because it is weak.

The kid had never played OT before until this summer. He has camped and earned offers all over the place. Two of which I know have been confirmed from Nebraska and FSU. So unless you are willing to stand by that the kid randomly picked other universities to lie about to build himself up ..

But in the end, lets just avoid each other in these threads from now on. It will save alot of trouble since you cannot stand the way I respond and I cannot stand your ego.

keylime_5
06-18-2009, 02:26 PM
btw Kent Graham having a kid who is about to be in college already makes me feel old. That's like Kirk Herbstreit having a kid in college. I watched these guys when I was a tot in S&G, yikes.

JoeyJr09
06-18-2009, 02:29 PM
No, every time you post something you do it with a complete ego and you do not expect anyone to doubt you. Basically, you think your info is the end all be all of this board. There lies your problem and the disgusting ego you have.

I did not ask for your opinion - you would think after numerous times I have talked to you that any type of talk between us will result in the same thing. But yet you decide to jump in again with the same type of maniacal talk that always ends up in the same place for us. Why you like the bludgeoning is beyond me.

I have no problems with your opinion. It is simply the fact that when someone challenges your info or your opinion, you get completely up in arms. Again, thats where the whole ego problem comes in.

The kid says he has over 20 verbal offer, he directly said it. You said a kid can fabricate those stories. It's either he is lying or he is not. Do not back track on that because it is weak.

The kid had never played OT before until this summer. He has camped and earned offers all over the place. Two of which I know have been confirmed from Nebraska and FSU. So unless you are willing to stand by that the kid randomly picked other universities to lie about to build himself up ..

But in the end, lets just avoid each other in these threads from now on. It will save alot of trouble since you cannot stand the way I respond and I cannot stand your ego.

Are you done ranting now?

Thank God.

Thought it would never end.

My ego? Please, this is an internet message board. You don't even know me, much less my ego.

Hines
06-18-2009, 05:28 PM
Looks like Dakota Royer will be a Lion at the end of the week. I guess Rivals is hearing some rumblings. I like Royer because he is a really good athlete and pass rusher, but his weight scares me a bit. I also expect Daquan Jones and Kharri Fortt to be Lions in the next month or so.

MaxV
06-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Looks like Dakota Royer will be a Lion at the end of the week. I guess Rivals is hearing some rumblings. I like Royer because he is a really good athlete and pass rusher, but his weight scares me a bit. I also expect Daquan Jones and Kharri Fortt to be Lions in the next month or so.

I hope so. I'm not really worried about Royer's weight. Maybin was small when he was recruited also. He can be a very good pass-rush specialist.

This should be a good class for Penn State, but I was hoping to get more talented CB prospects (although last year's Penn State class was pretty deep in this position).

superman8456
06-18-2009, 07:31 PM

If we get Kharri Fortt I will be the happiest person in the world.

bigbenn
06-18-2009, 08:08 PM

I like Royer a lot and was shocked when Illinois wasn't named in his top 5. I did hear he could commit to PSU soon though. On Jones, that kid just screams big time. He is what you want your OL/DT to look like.

bigbenn
06-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Oh and Tallahassee Lincoln LB Mark Wilson commited to Illinois too. Any Florida guys want to give a scouting report?

Sniper
06-18-2009, 08:09 PM
I like Royer a lot and was shocked when Illinois wasn't named in his top 5.

His top 5 consists of PSU, PSU, PSU, PSU and wait for it...PSU.

BigJohn98
06-18-2009, 08:24 PM
And Chris Dunkley should commit to us before the end of the year.

Rumors are UF coaches have cooled on Dunkley.

Doubt it affects where he goes, which will be UF.

bigbenn
06-18-2009, 08:36 PM
His top 5 consists of PSU, PSU, PSU, PSU and wait for it...PSU.

I was very aware that PSU was/is the favorite thank you.:)

Hines
06-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Notre Dame was a close second for Royer, though.

sbh15
06-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Rumors are UF coaches have cooled on Dunkley.

Doubt it affects where he goes, which will be UF.

Really? Everything I've heard has him as our #1 target.

JoeyJr09
06-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Really? Everything I've heard has him as our #1 target.

Thats what I heard too.

Louis is the guy I heard UF has been cooling on.

BPhilb
06-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Missouri got a big jumpstart today for 2011 with the commitment of Corbin Berkstresser, QB from Lee Summit. I'm by no means comparing him as a player to Ben Roethlisberger but he posseses a lot of similarties in playing style and physical stature.

sbh15
06-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Thats what I heard too.

Louis is the guy I heard UF has been cooling on.

Yep, I also am hearing things about VT moving up with Louis.

TigerBait45
06-19-2009, 12:21 AM
LSU got Houston Bates yesterday. Word is we like him as a MLB. 6'3 240 (according to rivals)

He's closer to 6'2 220, but he's got legit 4.6-ish speed and his size suits linebacker. He got brought in as an athlete (he's either going to be a mike linebacker or a fullback/h-back kind of thing)

wicket
06-19-2009, 01:40 AM
Notre Dame was a close second for Royer, though.

jep and i heart some very UNtrustworthy rumblings that it could in fact be nd in the end. don't hold me to this cuz i dont even trust the source myself but is still thought i'd mention it. could be a good week or a little more for nd recruiting though.

JoeyJr09
06-19-2009, 06:13 AM
Yep, I also am hearing things about VT moving up with Louis.

Yea but that's to be expected as the State Schools back off.

BPhilb
06-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Missouri picked up a commitment today from Braylon Webb a 6'2 safety from Gilmer, TX. I can honestly say I no nothing about this kid.

I didn't even know we had offered him. Would any of the Texas guys on here know anything about this kid?

Hines
06-19-2009, 11:18 AM
jep and i heart some very UNtrustworthy rumblings that it could in fact be nd in the end. don't hold me to this cuz i dont even trust the source myself but is still thought i'd mention it. could be a good week or a little more for nd recruiting though.

Naw, I think we will keep Royer if he announces to Penn State.

CashmoneyDrew
06-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Tennessee picked up a commitment from 3 star Kentucky athlete Channing Fugate this morning. He'll be an H-Back more than likely for Tennessee.

bigbenn
06-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Tennessee picked up a commitment from 3 star Kentucky athlete Channing Fugate this morning. He'll be an H-Back more than likely for Tennessee.

I wish he would've just stayed under the radar. The kid would've been the next beast of a LB for Illinois.

CashmoneyDrew
06-19-2009, 07:30 PM
I wish he would've just stayed under the radar. The kid would've been the next beast of a LB for Illinois.

There's rumor he might play linebacker at UT. I guess we'll find out soon.

BigJohn98
06-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Joey, what are you hearing about Brandon Gainer, Jeffrey Godfrey, and Joshua Reese?

keylime_5
06-20-2009, 12:05 AM
DT Jonathan Hankins is gonna commit to tOSU soon. yay for nose tackles.

bigbenn
06-20-2009, 12:18 AM
There's rumor he might play linebacker at UT. I guess we'll find out soon.

The kid would've been recruited as a big RB but I know the staff likes him more on defense at LB and I just know he would've eventually moved there. He is a beast of a LB prospect. Watch his videos.

kwilk103
06-20-2009, 01:30 AM
md lb nick forbes to cal

doubt he goes there (im gonna say vt or wvu) in the end

kwilk103
06-20-2009, 01:34 AM
latwan anderson top 5 (per his facebook):

Latwan Anderson
the list most people have been waiting for is finally done......#1West Virginia#2Michigan#3Georgia#4North Carolina#5Miami(fl)...this list is final no more changes!!!!

703SKINS202
06-20-2009, 02:08 AM
Anderson would be sexy.

BamaFalcon59
06-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Losing out on top east coast recruits like Louis Young and Nick Forbes to west coast inferior teams is not cool at all.

Sniper
06-20-2009, 09:57 AM
this list is final no more changes!!!!

So, shouldn't he be committing to WVU right now? Or is it no team on the outside will make it in the top 5?

Sniper
06-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Things are looking rather swimmingly for Michigan with OH CB Courtney Avery (Stanford verbal) and PA CB Cullen Christian.

JoeyJr09
06-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Joey, what are you hearing about Brandon Gainer, Jeffrey Godfrey, and Joshua Reese?

Gainer= FSU Lock
Godfrey= FSU lean
Reese= Not getting much interest from anywhere but wants to play with his teammates.

CC
06-20-2009, 01:03 PM
DT Jonathan Hankins is gonna commit to tOSU soon. yay for nose tackles.

I don't understand why Michigan never offered him, we are thin at DT and he is the best instate guy.

keylime_5
06-20-2009, 01:06 PM
apparently he's not gonna commit today afterall (rivals is wrong as usual). But OSU is still his leader. He is at UM camp today if I'm not mistaken, they could offer after today...and if they do they might be hard to beat for his signature.

BRAVEHEART
06-20-2009, 02:20 PM
Losing out on top east coast recruits like Louis Young and Nick Forbes to west coast inferior teams is not cool at all.

Inferior to who?

kwilk103
06-20-2009, 04:45 PM
So, shouldn't he be committing to WVU right now? Or is it no team on the outside will make it in the top 5?

think he means final top 5; not sure about order

but we're hearing wvu in front, followed by michigan, so it could be in order (rivals national guys heard same thing)

Sniper
06-20-2009, 06:41 PM
think he means final top 5; not sure about order

but we're hearing wvu in front, followed by michigan, so it could be in order (rivals national guys heard same thing)

There was a Scout article where he said it was in order.

OH CB Courtney Avery de-commits from Stanford and commits to Michigan!

BigJohn98
06-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Gainer= FSU Lock
Godfrey= FSU lean
Reese= Not getting much interest from anywhere but wants to play with his teammates.

Sweet. Thanks for the info. One more question...what are you hearing about Eduardo Clements? Everything I've read is that he will be a Nole if we want him.

bigbenn
06-20-2009, 07:30 PM
CJ Fiedorowicz now leaning to Illinois...can you imagine the mismatches and problems with him, Milton and Prater with the rest of the UI WR's? :eek:

http://www.illinihq.com/news/football/2009/06/20/f iedorowicz_puts_illini_at_top_of_his_list/

keylime_5
06-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Big 33 game is on NFLN. Tied at halftime. Our DEs in that game (Newsome and Fellows) have looked really good. Fitz Toussaint had a big catch and run touchdown.

Sniper
06-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Big 33 game is on NFLN. Tied at halftime. Our DEs in that game (Newsome and Fellows) have looked really good. Fitz Toussaint had a big catch and run touchdown.

I heard that both of your OL commits in the game had a rough time in the practices. How have they looked tonight?

keylime_5
06-20-2009, 07:54 PM
Hall looks like he needs to loose about 10 lbs. Ohio has dominated up front, but PA had a couple good drives and scored two touchdowns on short fields starting on the Ohio 40 both times. Ohio's DLine consists of OSU commits Corey Linsley and Adam Bellamy at DT, some DII guy at DT, and Fellows/Newsome at the DE/OLB spots. PA's DLine hasnt been as impressive, but they are undermanned. NO blitzing or zone coverage allowed, so fwiw.

steelernation77
06-20-2009, 08:29 PM
CJ Fiedorowicz now leaning to Illinois...can you imagine the mismatches and problems with him, Milton and Prater with the rest of the UI WR's? :eek:

http://www.illinihq.com/news/football/2009/06/20/f iedorowicz_puts_illini_at_top_of_his_list/

"Coach (Ron) Zook, it seems like I've known him a while, like he's a good friend."

There's only one thing I can say about that...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4

Anyway, Iowa received a commitment from in-state athlete Austin Vier. 6-7 220lb 4.65 40. Received an offer after the Iowa camp and committed right away. Will most likely play tight end but could in reality end up in a number of positions with his frame. Apparently also has a strong arm, but will probably not play QB

Also Iowa commit Micah Hyde had a 99 yard TD catch in the Big 33 game. He has exciting upside.

ToldLikeItIs
06-20-2009, 08:34 PM
..He's not going to Illinois.

Hyde is playing pretty well.

ToldLikeItIs
06-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Vier being brought in has nothing to do with CJ.

He impressed the coaches enough at camp to warrant an offer, and yes he is 6'7 1/2 225 ish with legitimate 4.6 speed and a 'rocket' arm.

He is strictly an athlete at this point, but will likely play TE, QB, or DE at Iowa.

superman8456
06-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Hall looks like he needs to loose about 10 lbs. Ohio has dominated up front, but PA had a couple good drives and scored two touchdowns on short fields starting on the Ohio 40 both times. Ohio's DLine consists of OSU commits Corey Linsley and Adam Bellamy at DT, some DII guy at DT, and Fellows/Newsome at the DE/OLB spots. PA's DLine hasnt been as impressive, but they are undermanned. NO blitzing or zone coverage allowed, so fwiw.

That number 90 DE for PA has been pretty damn good I believe. Real athletic and strong.

ToldLikeItIs
06-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I am starting to get a little prima donna vibe from CJ. I don't like it, at all. He seems to have a more Illinois attitude than Iowa.

He'll be a Hawk, but the "me me me" stuff needs to be said only once.

ToldLikeItIs
06-20-2009, 08:47 PM
and thanks for not mentioning the probable player of the game, outside of Drake, in your run down.

ToldLikeItIs
06-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Gilliam is going to be 6'7 285 for PSU at TE. Could be gross. The kid has no upper body.

ToldLikeItIs
06-20-2009, 08:54 PM
If you'll notice in the "Most likely player to make the NFL from your 2009" class thread I listed Micah Hyde.

Wonder why?

bigbenn
06-20-2009, 08:58 PM
..He's not going to Illinois.

Hyde is playing pretty well.

He very well may not but as I've been posting, I had just hoped Illinois could get in on him. The kid is just a monster. Now that they have a shot, anything can happen, especially since they have won his mother over right now. I'll say it again, can you imagine CJ Fiedorwicz, Kyle Prater and Matt Milton as your receiving class? Wow...

bigbenn
06-20-2009, 09:00 PM
I am starting to get a little prima donna vibe from CJ. I don't like it, at all. He seems to have a more Illinois attitude than Iowa.

He'll be a Hawk, but the "me me me" stuff needs to be said only once.

There's no prima donna attitude...the kid just wants to make a good decision for himself and his family. It's not a "Illinois" attitude, it's a top HS prospect attitude period.

Hokie_Pokie08
06-20-2009, 09:03 PM

Louis Young is far from over and I don't think that the Forbes commitment with hold up either.

ToldLikeItIs
06-20-2009, 09:05 PM
That attitude never jives at Iowa, Treat and Steeler will agree.

Benn, he's a Hawkeye, but I think it might be for the wrong reason. We will absolutely parade him with passes, because, well that's just what we do to our TE's, but if that's the only reason he's coming, and I think it is, I would rather take and develop Austin Vier anyday.

That would be TOO ridiculous of a WR corp class, and that's exactly why he won't be going there. How many passes is CJ going to catch with Prater flanking? Much much less than at Iowa.

Hines
06-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Good thing Curtis Drake wont play quarterback at Penn State. Real good athlete, though.

bigbenn
06-20-2009, 09:41 PM
That attitude never jives at Iowa, Treat and Steeler will agree.

Benn, he's a Hawkeye, but I think it might be for the wrong reason. We will absolutely parade him with passes, because, well that's just what we do to our TE's, but if that's the only reason he's coming, and I think it is, I would rather take and develop Austin Vier anyday.

That would be TOO ridiculous of a WR corp class, and that's exactly why he won't be going there. How many passes is CJ going to catch with Prater flanking? Much much less than at Iowa.

Dude there's a lot of players at Iowa that have the same attitude anywhere. Now if you were saying, a hard nose, under the radar, gritty PLAYER, then a lot of people would say he is in the Iowa mold. The only reason I won't disagree with you on Fiedorwicz is because I don't really have knowledge on him. He could be a Hawkeye, he could be playing the Benn/Wilson/Prater role. Who knows...but I would think that isn't the case considering his mother is in love with the UI staff now and Fiedorwicz had an absolute ball with all the guys.

Today was a tremendous day for Illinois football. The camps every year are a success, and this year might prove to be the best. We'll see. I wouldn't be so sure in calling him a Hawkeye though, considering he's from Illinois and giving Illinois a legit shot now (Unlike guys like Goebal, Lombard, etc. etc. etc...who most I thought were overrated anyway but that's not the point).

You're right in saying that would be too ridiculous of a class. I'm holding my enthusiasm with Fiedorwicz, but Prater and Milton are going to be Illini. CJ just needs to make it a trio.:)

iowatreat54
06-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Not saying that he shouldn't go where he wants, but I don't see why a TE would want to go to Illinois over Iowa. Sure, CJ might be more of a TE/WR tweener, but still. Illinois does nothing but recruit QBs for an offense geared toward running and a spread option. Why wouldn't he want to go to a school like Iowa or ND where they utilize a pro style offense with TEs being a big part of the passing game while also learning to be good blockers. I just don't understand some recruits' thinking I guess.

Also, as far as saying a recruit is from Illinois, that really is irrelevant when comparing schools like Illinois, Iowa, ND, and sometimes Wisky.

bigbenn
06-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Not saying that he shouldn't go where he wants, but I don't see why a TE would want to go to Illinois over Iowa. Sure, CJ might be more of a TE/WR tweener, but still. Illinois does nothing but recruit QBs for an offense geared toward running and a spread option. Why wouldn't he want to go to a school like Iowa or ND where they utilize a pro style offense with TEs being a big part of the passing game while also learning to be good blockers. I just don't understand some recruits' thinking I guess.

Also, as far as saying a recruit is from Illinois, that really is irrelevant when comparing schools like Illinois, Iowa, ND, and sometimes Wisky.

Perhaps he sees the explosive offense he would be a part of if he comes here. I'm not that much of a homer to say that UI uses their TE more than Iowa but it's increasing by the season and this year will increase more. It's not like they've been non existent like OSU though. Illinois now has 2 QB's who are decent/good athletes, but wouldn't be mistaken for Vick in Jacob Charest and in the future Chandler Whitmer. Charest is going to be big time, just watch. He's big, he has a cannon, most important, he's accurate. After Juice leaves he'll be a 3 year starter, and by the time Charest leaves Nate Scheelhaase will be much more polished than he is now. Even though Nate is raw, nobody UI has will ever be as raw as Juice was.

Illinois' spread O will be more like Missouri's when Charest takes over. They are already shifting towards it...if he goes to Illinois he'll be just as much a superstar if he goes to any of those places. Like I said they're starting to shift more towards throwing to the TE, and they will even more this season. CJ was there with Prater and knows what he can be a part of with that group. It will be ridiculous without him, but it will be RIDICULOUS with him.

And, no, they aren't. Since Zook has been here, the only true threat to Illinois in recruiting has been ND or OSU (With Catholic kids...and ND winning out over OSU in those instances). Yes Bulaga was a huge blow, but that's all. Nobody else is really relevant when discussing top Illinois prospects and Illinois. Not in the Zook era anyway.

Ward
06-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Coffman and Rucker did fine in a high-pass % spread at Mizzou. Surely Mizzou's coaching staff isn't the only one in D1 that knows how to get playmakers on the field and put the ball in their hands.

keylime_5
06-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Micah Hyde looked real good. Looks like he'll be a find for Iowa. Kinda flew under the radar instate this past year...hidden gem type prospect potentially.

iowatreat54
06-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Hyde seems to be really athletic, and could be a very good DB in the near future. I didn't watch the game, but it sounds/looks like he could be a hell of a player on returns as well.

BPhilb
06-20-2009, 11:21 PM
You're right in saying that would be too ridiculous of a class. I'm holding my enthusiasm with Fiedorwicz, but Prater and Milton are going to be Illini. CJ just needs to make it a trio.:)

How certain are you on Milton? We have gotten a good vide at Mizzou that we are being seriously considered. Apparently Jimmy Hunt has been in his ear pretty good and he is supposed to be coming in for an unofficial visit this week. I'm sure you guys are still the leaders, but I haden't heard that he was hard and fast to Illinois.

ToldLikeItIs
06-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Iowa verbally offered Hyde last summer and didn't make it public and on paper until the end of his senior year to keep him under the radar.

djp
06-21-2009, 04:10 AM
Good god Seantrel Henderson is so damn good. I've seen him in person twice and just re watched his highlight videos. They literally move him around the line and just run behind him. It's ridiculous.

This kid is the best offensive line prospect I have EVER seen

BRAVEHEART
06-21-2009, 04:11 AM
Iowa verbally offered Hyde last summer and didn't make it public and on paper until the end of his senior year to keep him under the radar.

uh huh, right?

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-21-2009, 04:18 AM
I'm not going to whine about PA losing the Big 33, but I will say that I didn't see the big disparity everyone else saw. Marcus Hall looked fat out there and didn't move his feet all that well...looked even worse in the US Army AA game...not impressed. Had he shown anything in the US Army AA game I probably wouldn't be saying this, but US AAA > Big 33...he didn't look good in either.

PA was without:
QB Tom Savage (RU)
FB/OLB AJ Fenton (Wisconsin, injured - definitely would've started at LB)
WR Je'Ron Stokes (Michigan)
WR Jaleel Clark (Missouri)
WR Todd Thomas (sPITT - prep unless a miracle happens)
OT Eric Shrive (PSU)
DE/DT Tyrone Ezell (sPITT - tOSU actually offered this kid...LOLZ)
DT Jordan Hill (PSU, injured - definitely would've started at DT)
LB Dorian Bell (tOSU)
CB Corey Brown (tOSU)

It is a shame seeing what that PA team could've been...add those 10 and PA kills OH.

-----

Curtis Drake - no way is he a QB at PSU...yes the coaches may have talked to him about a few reps at QB and possibly being ready in an emergency situation, but right now he just doesn't have the discipline or know-how to be a collegiate QB...Clark this year, Newsome and/or Paul Jones the next few for sure. I'd imagine this is what Michigan's QB(s) will look like this season and beyond if not named Tate Forcier/Devin Gardner. Also WC HC said Drake was a disaster in the secondary a while back, so it looks to be WR/KR for Curtis Drake....he has the skill when the ball is in his hands so I'm not concerned (possibly better DWill/better DWill replacement than Chaz Powell)

Garry Gilliam - didn't see him involved enough, PA QBs were bad through the air. It is yet to be determined where he plays...with PSU looking to take a TE in '10 (preferably NJ TE Kevin Haplea), as well as '11 PA TE Ben Koyack on the horizon, who knows. We'll still have 6'6 270 RS SO TE Andrew Szczerba and 6'6 235 RS FR TE Mark Wedderburn for years to come, both big-time talents...lose two SR TEs in Shuler & Qualress but if we get 1 of Haplea/Koyack that still leaves us with Szczerba, Wedderburn, and either Haplea/Koyack all on the roster together. Not sure Gilliam is a playmaker at DE...he sure would be at TE...and if it ever comes to it, he'd be gold at OT (gain a massive amount of strength and 30 pounds, you've got a 6'7 290 OT with ridiculously long arms, athleticism, and a massive lean frame).

OT Mark Arcidiacono - PA OLine got owned at times, but I thought Arcidiacono acquitted himself much better than tOSU's OLine signees. Moved his feet, showed good effort and tenacity, washed guys past the pocket on passes and got good push at LT the few times Drake/Holloman ran that way. He'll be ideal for PSU at OG, probably right around 300 or a tad under.

bigbenn
06-21-2009, 11:03 AM
How certain are you on Milton? We have gotten a good vide at Mizzou that we are being seriously considered. Apparently Jimmy Hunt has been in his ear pretty good and he is supposed to be coming in for an unofficial visit this week. I'm sure you guys are still the leaders, but I haden't heard that he was hard and fast to Illinois.

Very certain...just a matter of time. BTW late congrats on Jimmie Hunt. The kid wanted to be Illini, it was just too risky to accept his commitment right now. Perhaps Mizzou can get him qualified? There might be doubts of his grades but there's no doubt he's a baller.

ToldLikeItIs
06-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Braveheart, that's one hundred percent true.

superman8456
06-21-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm not going to whine about PA losing the Big 33, but I will say that I didn't see the big disparity everyone else saw. Marcus Hall looked fat out there and didn't move his feet all that well...looked even worse in the US Army AA game...not impressed. Had he shown anything in the US Army AA game I probably wouldn't be saying this, but US AAA > Big 33...he didn't look good in either.

PA was without:
QB Tom Savage (RU)
FB/OLB AJ Fenton (Wisconsin, injured - definitely would've started at LB)
WR Je'Ron Stokes (Michigan)
WR Jaleel Clark (Missouri)
WR Todd Thomas (sPITT - prep unless a miracle happens)
OT Eric Shrive (PSU)
DE/DT Tyrone Ezell (sPITT - tOSU actually offered this kid...LOLZ)
DT Jordan Hill (PSU, injured - definitely would've started at DT)
LB Dorian Bell (tOSU)
CB Corey Brown (tOSU)

It is a shame seeing what that PA team could've been...add those 10 and PA kills OH.

Yes, it was bad.

We had 2 star prospects playing on our team. For example, this guy was playing on the oline http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=73743&sport=1

keylime_5
06-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Too bad they didn't (or never for that matter) have full strength teams with the actual best of Ohio against the best of PA. This would've been Ohio's team at full strength:

QB-Austin Boucher
RB-Fitzgerald Toussaint
FB-Adam Homan/Chris Snook
WR-Chris Fields
WR-Micah Hyde
TE-Brian Wozniak
LT-Sam Longo
LG-Jack Mewhort (at OSU already)
C-Nate Klatt
RG-Corey Linsley (played DT)
RT-Marcus Hall

LE-Melvin Fellows
LT-John Simon (moved into OSU the day of the Big 33)
RT-Adam Bellamy
RE-Jonathan Newsome
SLB-Storm Klein (already at OSU, already in the 2 deep at LB!)
MLB-Zach Boren (already at OSU, had surgery so he wouldn't have played anyhow)
WLB-Chris Snook
LCB-CJ Barnett (already at OSU)
RCB-Mike Edwards
FS-JT Turner (academic things to straighten out, all star eligibility is used up I think)
SS-Jamie Wood (already at OSU)

Not taking into consideration the 3 WR sets and the 5-2 defensive front of course, but that team matched up against the real PA team would've been something else. Austin Boucher was the P.O.G. and turned down the OSU offer to play with his twin brother at Miami OH - where he will have a much better chance to start and start early at that (worked okay for Big Ben). It's fun to see the paper matchups, but the actual game has the no blitz, no zone defense rules, must pass 40% of the time, only get a few days to practice (no cohesion on the OLine and with the QBs and WRs) and the refs never call penalties so it's always sloppy.

wicket
06-21-2009, 03:32 PM
michael dyer has a top4 of Auburn LSU OU and ND (I think in that order but that is just me)

JoeyJr09
06-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Sweet. Thanks for the info. One more question...what are you hearing about Eduardo Clements? Everything I've read is that he will be a Nole if we want him.

It's probably too late for the Nole at this point;. He was a lock to them early if they offered but they never did and when they finally got around to an offer, they didn't boher to follow it up with any real interest or contact.

FSU was the clear cut favorite for him early on but I've heard he's so pissed at the FSU coaches for not coming after him knowing how bad he wanted to go there that he will not be attending FSU even if they have a change of heart on him.

Kid seems jaded with how FSU has handled his recruitment, but of course we'll see if that change on the off chance FSU decides they want him.

UGA is the clear frontrunner at this point but he is already on record saying his parents want him at Miami of the whole BTW connection will keep Miami in the race til then end. Michigan is the dark horse ATM.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-21-2009, 06:07 PM
I would love for Michigan to get him, but it's highly unlikely. He would really need to get up here for an official, however I doubt that happens.

BigJohn98
06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
It's probably too late for the Nole at this point;. He was a lock to them early if they offered but they never did and when they finally got around to an offer, they didn't boher to follow it up with any real interest or contact.

FSU was the clear cut favorite for him early on but I've heard he's so pissed at the FSU coaches for not coming after him knowing how bad he wanted to go there that he will not be attending FSU even if they have a change of heart on him.

Kid seems jaded with how FSU has handled his recruitment, but of course we'll see if that change on the off chance FSU decides they want him.

UGA is the clear frontrunner at this point but he is already on record saying his parents want him at Miami of the whole BTW connection will keep Miami in the race til then end. Michigan is the dark horse ATM.

Eh, if we don't get him it's not a big loss. We're gunna get Gainer, and most likely Marcus Lattimore, and possibly Storm Johnson or Gio Bernard. I don't understand why he got all pissed. We wanted to evaluate his junior film, which is why we waited on the offer. Oh well.

BigJohn98
06-21-2009, 09:29 PM
I just have to ask, why are Ohio State fans still confident with Joyner? They act like he's a lock to Ohio State.

Sniper
06-21-2009, 09:32 PM
I just have to ask, why are Ohio State fans still confident with Joyner? They act like he's a lock to Ohio State.

They act that way with anyone that they offer.

keylime_5
06-21-2009, 09:44 PM

Lots aren't that confident at all, sounds like the scout insiders are fairly optomistic. I have yet to be sold that we'll get him. We have (or had if he has decided already) a great shot. I hope his game in the shoe against Upper Arlington and then the USC game visit (which he said he'll definitely take one way or another) will swing him our way. Hard to beat instate dream schools, I've been on the right side of that one a lot with instate Ohio guys.

ToldLikeItIs
06-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Wisconsin DE Mike Hardy just named Iowa his leader and plans to decide soon

I'm legitimately surprised, he has offers from most of the Big Ten.

Sniper
06-21-2009, 10:09 PM
According to a Scout premium article, C.J Fiedorowicz says he's down to Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois with Illinois in the lead.

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=873930

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-21-2009, 11:22 PM
ever wonder how Miami evaluated players?

I used to go in the coaches' offices, and sometimes they would literally have Rivals.com up on their screen," said Matt Shodell, who covers UM and its recruiting for CaneSport.com. "I won't name the coaches, but they would be writing names down on pieces of paper. I don't know how much film they were looking at."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/orl-sportsum-recruiting-21062109jun21,0,6303143.story?track=rss

Hollywood
06-21-2009, 11:38 PM
They literally move him around the line and just run behind him.

That should be the way it is for any major D-1 Offensive Line prospect playing HS football in a state like Minnesota.

Hollywood
06-21-2009, 11:41 PM

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/orl-sportsum-recruiting-21062109jun21,0,6303143.story?track=rss

That's why the Larry Coker era was such a disaster. Note that this only happened in the Larry Coker era.

superman8456
06-21-2009, 11:52 PM

Sounds a lot like some of the people on this board...

BRAVEHEART
06-22-2009, 12:10 AM
Damn, anybody can coach at miami, just gotta have a rivals subscription.

kwilk103
06-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Damn, anybody can coach at miami, just gotta have a rivals subscription.

i think a lot of coaches have rival subscriptions

i know a michigan ga has a wvu one (went and graduated from wvu, was a ga here and went to michigan with rod; may have title of recruiting coordinator? cant remember exact title)

wvu coaches have one; thats how we found out about qb committ jeremy johnson; a ga was watching film, and showed it to our qb/oc coach; we offered him a scholly; but before we took his committ, our qb coach flew to texas to see him throw in person

i mean, it has its advantages; like the johnson example; we would have never recruited him if it werent for rivals (wvu doesnt recruit tx)

JoeyJr09
06-22-2009, 04:41 AM
Eh, if we don't get him it's not a big loss. We're gunna get Gainer, and most likely Marcus Lattimore, and possibly Storm Johnson or Gio Bernard. I don't understand why he got all pissed. We wanted to evaluate his junior film, which is why we waited on the offer. Oh well.

Every other major school saw his film and offered except FSU and he was begging coaches for an offer.

If you were the number 1 RB in a state loaded with RB talent, you had offers from 90 percent of the big programs and the one school you been talking to and begging to offer basically ignores you, wouldn't you feel somewhat jaded against them?

DoWnThEfiElD
06-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Joey what ever happened to Gore? I thought he was suppose to be a slam dunk 5 star this year.

Hines
06-22-2009, 12:59 PM
Robert Bolden will be in State College for five days this coming Saturday till the next Wednesday. I would love to have him aboard, but with PJ already here and Newsome from last year, I don't think another blue chipper would commit here. But it would be a helluva quarterback competition once everyone is on campus. I still think he goes to MSU.

NJ DE TJ Clemmings commits to Pitt. Great get and I wished Penn State went after him. Reminds me and a lot of Penn State fans of Jack Crawford.

Sniper
06-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Bolden's a better QB than Newsome is.

Hines
06-22-2009, 01:20 PM

But PJ>all.

Newsome and Bolden are very raw passers, but I think Bolden is the better runner.

PJ reminds me of McNabb.

MaxV
06-22-2009, 01:23 PM

Perhaps you're right.

From what I've read, both are a bit raw as far as decision-making, so it'll depend how they'll develop.

Sniper
06-22-2009, 01:24 PM
But PJ>all.

Newsome and Bolden are very raw passers, but I think Bolden is the better runner.

PJ reminds me of McNabb.

Jones is more of the recent McNabb. Devin Gardner is more of the old McNabb. Devin Gardner>>>>>>>>your QB and your WR.

bigbenn
06-22-2009, 01:36 PM
According to a Scout premium article, C.J Fiedorowicz says he's down to Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois with Illinois in the lead.

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=873930

I know I posted on the subject but this is just absolutely huge. Bring him in Coach Zook!

steelernation77
06-22-2009, 02:59 PM
I know I posted on the subject but this is just absolutely huge. Bring him in Coach Zook!

If CJ does choose Illinois it'll be unfortunate for him when Zook is out in two years.

iowatreat54
06-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Supposedly his mom has loved Illinois/wanted him to go there since before his whole recruitment even started, so that's a big factor. He has also named a new school his leader after multiple visits (OSU, Iowa, and now Illinois), so I'll take this "news" with a large grain of salt for now.

BigJohn98
06-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Tavaris Barnes commits to FSU today.

Sniper
06-22-2009, 05:39 PM
De'Joshua Johnson commits to Florida State.

http://floridastate.scout.com/2/874258.html

bigbenn
06-22-2009, 05:59 PM
If CJ does choose Illinois it'll be unfortunate for him when Zook is out in two years.

Suuurre...is that the best you can do lol. Zook isn't going anywhere.

bigbenn
06-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Supposedly his mom has loved Illinois/wanted him to go there since before his whole recruitment even started, so that's a big factor. He has also named a new school his leader after multiple visits (OSU, Iowa, and now Illinois), so I'll take this "news" with a large grain of salt for now.

I thought she just wanted him close to home...maybe after the weekend now she wants him to go to Illinois. I know she LOVED it (So did he obviously). It always helps when the mother is on your side...as for the last part, if that is the case (Not saying it is it could be just that he likes following school better? It wouldn't be the first time in recruiting history), hopefully Illinois is his last visit.:) :)

JoeyJr09
06-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Joey what ever happened to Gore? I thought he was suppose to be a slam dunk 5 star this year.

Don't remember anyone ever referring to him as a 5*

He was regarded by many as a high 4* and top 100 candidate and he's pretty close to that in the rankings.

He's just not getting the interest because of his size.

iowatreat54
06-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Oh, and as for his mom wanting him to stay close to home, Johnsburg, IL is 3.5 hours from Champaign, IL, 4 hours from Iowa City, IA, and 2 hours from Madison, WI.

If she wants him "close to home," he would choose Wisky, and I would guess it really wouldn't be that big of a deciding factor between Illinois and Iowa.

Hines
06-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Evan Hailes has PSU in his text signature. I hope him, Royer, and Daquan Jones all commit this weekend when they are up.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Jones is more of the recent McNabb. Devin Gardner is more of the old McNabb. Devin Gardner>>>>>>>>your QB and your WR.

LMFAO!!!! OMGZ!!!!! Adrian Coxson laughs at you, Devin Gardner, and Ricardo Miller.

Adrian Coxson > GOD
Adrian Coxson > World Peace
Adrian Coxson > US President(s)

http://www.digitalsports.com/article/id/64790/typeid/1576.aspx (11:10 video of '10 MD WR Adrian Coxson vs. former Sooner Moses Washington. Washington is on the 4th and Long show (Michael Irving/Dallas Cowboys) and was on the Sooner track team as well as the Sooner team that won the national championship.

----

BTW, Kevin Newsome will be fine at QB. He was adequate in the B-W game and showed off a couple great throws, not that the game matters much (he still made the throws). I would say Kevin Newsome as an ATH > Robert Bolden, Paul Jones. I would say Paul Jones as a QB > Robert Bolden, Kevin Newsome. Michael Robinson ,as a RS SR, barely completed 50% of his passes...but he also rushed for over 800 yards.

I truly believe Kevin Newsome is PSU's '10 starting QB, and with PSU losing only 1 OLineman (RT Dennis Landolt, really an upgrade when you consider RS FR/TR SO 6'7 295 5* OT prospect Eric Shrive is the probable replacement), losing no WRs, likely having Royster back, and having both 6'6 260 RS JR TE Andrew Szczerba and 6'6 235 RS SO TE Mark Wedderburn - I say PSU kills it in '10.

So while KN might not be the greatest passer, there are things to do with him and routes that will take longer to develop thus allowing him to get the ball out rather than hold it too late. Rolling him out of the pocket gives him 2 or 3 throws to focus on (whether flood the zone or against man) and would allow him to see things better as an inexperienced QB. There is no doubt in my mind that KN can run for 800 some yards in the Big 10, and develop into as much of a game-changer as Terrelle Pryor or Devin Gardner....tOSU is never even going to take full advantage of Pryor as an ATH so really it is between PSU/UM here.

keylime_5
06-22-2009, 08:29 PM
...There is no doubt in my mind that KN can run for 800 some yards in the Big 10, and develop into as much of a game-changer as Terrelle Pryor or Devin Gardner....tOSU is never even going to take full advantage of Pryor as an ATH so really it is between PSU/UM here.

what does that even mean? Between PSU/UM for what?

superman8456
06-22-2009, 08:32 PM

I think he meant Big 10 title

Jonny
06-22-2009, 10:02 PM
lololololol, Clemmings already decommitted.

srv fan
06-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Suuurre...is that the best you can do lol. Zook isn't going anywhere.

Really? If he turns in another stinker of a season this year (which I don't see as likely, but it's possible), you don't think he'll be on the hot seat? Zook definitely can recruit, but his track record for turning that into consistent success is not great. Then again, maybe he can afford to have mediocre seasons and not be on the hot seat- Illinois has traditionally been not very good, so expectations might be lower.

Anyone know when Cullen Christian is going to commit?

BigJohn98
06-22-2009, 10:58 PM
As said earlier, DJ Johnson commits to FSU :) :) :)

Big woody!

BigJohn98
06-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Another commitment! Merrill Noel has commited to FSU.

Smokey Joe
06-22-2009, 11:58 PM
Hopefully in a couple months, I'll be very active in this thread :)

superman8456
06-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Hopefully in a couple months, I'll be very active in this thread :)

What position do you play?

Smokey Joe
06-23-2009, 12:27 AM
What position do you play?
OL... you think one of those pretty boy skill guys would be posting in here?

sbh15
06-23-2009, 01:25 AM

What's your name?

bigbenn
06-23-2009, 05:41 AM
Really? If he turns in another stinker of a season this year (which I don't see as likely, but it's possible), you don't think he'll be on the hot seat? Zook definitely can recruit, but his track record for turning that into consistent success is not great. Then again, maybe he can afford to have mediocre seasons and not be on the hot seat- Illinois has traditionally been not very good, so expectations might be lower.

He isn't going to have another stinker so UI will be alright.:cool: :cool:

wicket
06-23-2009, 07:00 AM

like the other guy said, what is your name and also nice to know, what would be your dream offer to get?
Would be good fun to keep track of your recruiting as good as I can. ;)

ToldLikeItIs
06-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Cj is visitng Iowa again, soon.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-23-2009, 09:22 AM
Don't remember anyone ever referring to him as a 5*

He was regarded by many as a high 4* and top 100 candidate and he's pretty close to that in the rankings.

He's just not getting the interest because of his size.

I wasn't talking about you calling him a 5 star. I had just heard from others that he was up there with Lattimore and Seastrunk, when early 2010 lists were being made.

etk
06-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I wasn't talking about you calling him a 5 star. I had just heard from others that he was up there with Lattimore and Seastrunk, when early 2010 lists were being made.

There was some early hype surrounding Gore because of his cousin (Frank). He got a lot of action as a Sophomore playing as the top competition in Miami and that kinda drove the hype train. I remember Sean Spence had a comment after they played Columbus (his team) about how impressive Gore is for his age and I think he might've said he's the best back he's faced. After that season most Miami fans had him pegged as a lock for 2010 along with Clements, while Bryce Brown and Lamar Miller would be ours for 09. I'll gladly take Mike James and Darion Hall :D

The reality is that athletes are still developing physically in high school and lots of players get over/underrated early on in their career. Gore is an example of a good football player that can shine at a young age but isn't really big enough or dynamic enough to be a top recruit.

I'm sure he'll land with some spread team and do really well though.

About CJ Fiedorowicz: I watched his film and he has a great frame with good body control and hands. Why isn't he looking at Big 12 schools, or just generally more successful programs than Illinois and Iowa?

sbh15
06-23-2009, 11:06 AM
About CJ Fiedorowicz: I watched his film and he has a great frame with good body control and hands. Why isn't he looking at Big 12 schools, or just generally more successful programs than Illinois and Iowa?

His main concern must be staying close to home/early playing time, otherwise looking at those teams would be flat out dumb.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-23-2009, 11:17 AM

Sorry, I wasn't really clear and was just rambling. For Big 10 title(s) it is probably between tOSU/PSU, but I also believe other teams like Illinois, MSU, or maybe even Iowa could have a chance if things break right for them. It is too hard to tell right now with Michigan, have to see how this season goes...that will tell if they are headed towards the top of the Big Ten these next few years or if things are still in disarray.

------

As far as the PSU/UM comment, I meant between PSU/UM for dynamic dual-threat QBs in the Big 10 (although Illinois should probably be included as well). I believe Kevin Newsome CAN be one of the most dynamic, if not the most dynamic, in the Big 10 during his time at PSU. I don't think tOSU will take full advantage of Terrelle Pryor...the Vince Young comparison isn't a good one because tOSU doesn't run an offense like Texas.

tOSU isn't going to make defenses account for Pryor both passing and rushing every game...I believe both PSU/UM will consistently make defenses account for the pass/run in the future but I can't say that about tOSU. We'll see what tOSU does early against USC this year...but I'm thinking it will be between PSU (Newsome, Paul Jones), UM (Forcier, Gardner), and probably Illinois for dynamic Big 10 QBs of the future.

keylime_5
06-23-2009, 11:25 AM
pfft...whatever you want to belive. Pryor was a true freshman in a very limited offense that was designed for Todd Boeckman and Chris Wells to perform out of a lot of power sets. I think once we open up the offense and Pryor develops as a passer better (he was great in the spring game) Pryor will be one of the hardest QBs to defense in the entire nation. Remember the Troy Smith offense of 2005-2006? Pretty wide open. He was #1 overall recruit for a reason. And after him, we'll have Braxton Miller in there.

Sniper
06-23-2009, 01:48 PM
Remember the Troy Smith offense of 2005-2006?

Terrelle Pryor doesn't have the same type of accuracy or zip on his throws that Smith had.

Taylor Graham commits to Ohio State.

EDIT: Back to Smith/Pryor, DeVier Posey/Ray Small/Dane Sanzenbacher isn't exactly Ted Ginn/Anthony Gonzalez/Brian Robiskie. That played a big role in it.

Hines
06-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I am pretty certain that Evan Hailes will be a Lion at the end of the week after his Penn State visit.

keylime_5
06-23-2009, 02:44 PM
Terrelle Pryor doesn't have the same type of accuracy or zip on his throws that Smith had.

Taylor Graham commits to Ohio State.

EDIT: Back to Smith/Pryor, DeVier Posey/Ray Small/Dane Sanzenbacher isn't exactly Ted Ginn/Anthony Gonzalez/Brian Robiskie. That played a big role in it.

he's a true freshman. Besides, I was talking about the offensive system where we used 4 and 5 wide sets most of the time. Smith had like 800 yards rushing and 10 TDs as a junior and was a true dual threat QB. Pryor is ahead of Smith as a passer at the same point. At this point in his career Smith was a backup kick returner and a runningback just as much as he was a QB. Pryor had a 60% completion pct. and the best pass efficiency in the Big ten as a true frosh.

Sniper
06-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Pryor had a 60% completion pct. and the best pass efficiency in the Big ten as a true frosh.

Please stop pretending like pass efficiency is a useful stat. Pryor's completion % SHOULD be high considering how much they dumbed down the playbook for him.

Ward
06-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Please stop pretending like pass efficiency is a useful stat. Pryor's completion % SHOULD be high considering how much they dumbed down the playbook for him.

Yeah IIRC VY had high completion % in college as well. It's easy when you don't have to read the defense! (I'm not saying Pryor's offense is as stupidly simple as Texas', but the Pryor-VY comparison works).

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Pryor/VY comparison really doesn't work though...look at how Texas utilized Vince Young and McCoy. They kill you with all those short passes, slants, take shots deep and incorporate whatever their QB does best in the offense. Terrelle Pryor wants to be a pocket passer and is looking out for #1 (himself), he wants to be an NFL QB and went to tOSU so he could learn how to become a more conventional QB.

tOSU/Tressel want just that, a more conventional QB that protects the ball, stays in the pocket, and can feed off of handing the ball to a Wells/Clarret 25-30 times a game. B. Miller has a ton of talent but again, tOSU won't fully utilize what Pryor/Miller are capable of with their legs.

If you look at Texas, or even PSU this past season, they'll manipulate defenses by making them fear the QB run...McCoy ran more because they didn't have a go to guy at RB and he is also very good taking off, but teams played PSU as if Daryll Clark was a dual-threat when really he hardly ever looks to run.

keylime_5
06-23-2009, 03:20 PM
I never said he was an accurate passer, just statistically and that is something that frustrates defenses sometimes. If Pryor can be as good a passer as Vince was his junior year he'll be a really good college QB, probably the best in the league by then. I think he'll be a better passer than Vince though. And if you don't think Tressel has had offenses where the QB run had to be respected look at Troy Smith in 2005, and even Craig Krenzel. Krenzel had 80 yards against Miami and was the leading rusher that game. Troy Smith had 800 yards and 10 TDs and they spread the field out a lot.

He's already a great runner, he had over 100 yards against Texas last year and most teams just stacked the box agains him since he was so raw. He just needs to continue to develop his passing a little, and he doesn't even need to become a great passer, and he'll become a real terror offensively as a run/pass impossible cover. What you're saying PSUH is just silly.

Sniper
06-23-2009, 03:27 PM
He's already a great runner, he had over 100 yards against Texas last year

Over 100, 78...who's really counting, right?

703SKINS202
06-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Mountaineers add in-state athlete Wes Tonkery
Recruited as a safety, Wes Tonkery of Bridgeport, W.Va., has committed to West Virginia for the Class of 2010.

The 6-foot-1, 185-pound athlete was selected as a first-team Class 3A All-State running back as a junior.

Anyone know anything about him?

kwilk103
06-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Anyone know anything about him?

our 1 in-stater for the year

highlight tape is unimpressive

keylime_5
06-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Over 100, 78...who's really counting, right?

well then it must've been Illinois where he had 100. I know one game he had 100 and Beanie had 100.

iowatreat54
06-23-2009, 04:54 PM
well then it must've been Illinois where he had 100. I know one game he had 100 and Beanie had 100.

He did indeed have 110 yards against that vaunted Illinois D. As well as 97 against an incredible '09 Minnesota D.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-23-2009, 05:33 PM
OK, I'll give you Troy Smith in '05. But why did he have 800 yards and 10 TDs rushing? Because he wasn't as proficient a passer but at the same time was smart when he put the ball in the air. I don't think I am saying anything shocking...tOSU is predictable. Almost always run on 1st and 2nd down...if you have a 3rd & 5-8 you mostly play it safe and run the ball on 3rd down. tOSU also doesn't vary their sets enough or run the same play out of multiple sets, so again, predictable.

What happened the following season and when tOSU went undefeated making it to the title game against UF? That entire season, there wasn't much incorporating Troy Smith's abilities with his legs. PSU did abslutely nothing on offense, Morelli gave tOSU TWO pick-6 TDs, we had a false start by first year starting RG Rich Orhnberger inside the 5 yd line, and Troy Smith pulled the play out of his ass where he improvised and ran around in circles prior to hitting Robiskie (?) in the endzone for a TD.

I can't say I saw that slaughter at the hands of UF coming, but I knew tOSU was going to be in trouble if they went undefeated because they were down 3-0 at halftime against a Morelli-led PSU team...with a 1st year starter at QB, 3 new OLineman, 3 new DLineman, and an entirely replaced secondary (Alan Zemaitis, Anwar Phillips, Calvin Lowry, Chris Harrell all were gone after the '05 season).

brat316
06-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Who committed to temple?

BamaFalcon59
06-23-2009, 05:47 PM
I am pretty certain that Evan Hailes will be a Lion at the end of the week after his Penn State visit.

Not unexpected. He seemed like he is competition aware or shy, depending on how you want to put it.

Hines
06-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Not unexpected. He seemed like he is competition aware or shy, depending on how you want to put it.

Penn State seems to want to bring in three DTs this year(Jones, Hailes, Floyd). Watching his film, I am very impressed and think he is going to be a stud. Needs to get more muscle on him since he looks like he is a little on the fat side.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Florida guys does Mich have a shot wit Clements?

sbh15
06-23-2009, 07:43 PM

To put it simply... no. Not from what I've heard.

BPhilb
06-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Missouri pick up LB Jared Parham from Copple Texas today.

BigJohn98
06-23-2009, 10:19 PM

FSU/UGA. UGA wins.

HindSight
06-23-2009, 10:54 PM
And what if he passes? Are you going to get rejected by Temple and Miami (OH) commits again?
lol. Look who's talking.

HindSight
06-23-2009, 11:27 PM
OK, I'll give you Troy Smith in '05. But why did he have 800 yards and 10 TDs rushing? Because he wasn't as proficient a passer but at the same time was smart when he put the ball in the air. I don't think I am saying anything shocking...tOSU is predictable. Almost always run on 1st and 2nd down...if you have a 3rd & 5-8 you mostly play it safe and run the ball on 3rd down. tOSU also doesn't vary their sets enough or run the same play out of multiple sets, so again, predictable.

What happened the following season and when tOSU went undefeated making it to the title game against UF? That entire season, there wasn't much incorporating Troy Smith's abilities with his legs. PSU did abslutely nothing on offense, Morelli gave tOSU TWO pick-6 TDs, we had a false start by first year starting RG Rich Orhnberger inside the 5 yd line, and Troy Smith pulled the play out of his ass where he improvised and ran around in circles prior to hitting Robiskie (?) in the endzone for a TD.

I can't say I saw that slaughter at the hands of UF coming, but I knew tOSU was going to be in trouble if they went undefeated because they were down 3-0 at halftime against a Morelli-led PSU team...with a 1st year starter at QB, 3 new OLineman, 3 new DLineman, and an entirely replaced secondary (Alan Zemaitis, Anwar Phillips, Calvin Lowry, Chris Harrell all were gone after the '05 season).
so that's what that game looks like through PSU homer glasses.

the low score couldn't have had anything to do with the raining all game, could it?

BamaFalcon59
06-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Penn State seems to want to bring in three DTs this year(Jones, Hailes, Floyd). Watching his film, I am very impressed and think he is going to be a stud. Needs to get more muscle on him since he looks like he is a little on the fat side.

Hailes is a very good player. Funny, though, is that Nick Acree is the one who got us in the picture. And Nick Acree being competition is maybe the top reason Hailes probably won't come here.

From what I've heard we got our top two defensive tackle targets, though. Acree and Hopkins that is.

JoeyJr09
06-24-2009, 06:42 AM
FSU/UGA. UGA wins.

Not anymore.

It's UGA/Miami/Michigan.

He eliminated FSU and FSU has stopped recruiting him completely.

UGA should land him. Michigan is the darkhorse but he does have legit interest there.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-24-2009, 06:51 AM
so that's what that game looks like through PSU homer glasses.

the low score couldn't have had anything to do with the raining all game, could it?

NOW YOU KNOW. :)