PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

HindSight
06-24-2009, 10:53 AM
NOW YOU KNOW. :)
you should see how lucky you were in 2005 from OSU homer glasses. :p

IrishTrojan
06-24-2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php/topic,5573.0.html

Lots of Rising Stars updates.

brat316
06-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Hey who was the 6th verbal commit to temple?

I know there was a TE, P, Lb, S, WR, anyone can find the 6th one?

Hurricanes25
06-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Dominique Easley DE
This guy is a beast. I seen him play against my HS this past fall/winter and I can say that he will be an impact player at the college level. He has already gotten 18 scholarships. Which ever school he decides to go will be getting one heck of a football player. I cant wait to see him again this year as a senior.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=92086&Sport=1#colleges

etk
06-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Dominique Easley DE
This guy is a beast. I seen him play against my HS this past fall/winter and I can say that he will be an impact player at the college level. He has already gotten 18 scholarships. Which ever school he decides to got will be getting one heck of a football player. I cant wait to see him again this year as a senior.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=92086&Sport=1#colleges

Looked real good at DT. He'll be a match-up problem on the inside with his quickness and upper body strength.

His profile picture looks like Vernon Gholston.

BPhilb
06-24-2009, 04:37 PM
EJ Gaines from Fort Osage, MO committed to Missouri today. He plays in the middle of nowhere but is a great looking player who runs a 4.4 forty and is one of the better HS tacklers for a CB I have seen in a while. We are up to 8 commits now.

Ward
06-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Looked real good at DT. He'll be a match-up problem on the inside with his quickness and upper body strength.

His profile picture looks like Vernon Gholston.

Any chances he's really considering Texas Tech, as his Rivals profile indicates?

bigbenn
06-24-2009, 06:09 PM
6'2 Missouri corner Dexter McDonald to Illinois. The kid has a tremendous upside after playing his 1st year of football last year. You don't see many 6'2 corners with legit 4.4 speed, a 39 inch vertical, and the ability to flip his hips in coverage. I love this pickup. This dude can be a really big deal in a couple of years.

DoWnThEfiElD
06-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Not anymore.

It's UGA/Miami/Michigan.

He eliminated FSU and FSU has stopped recruiting him completely.

UGA should land him. Michigan is the darkhorse but he does have legit interest there.

Thats more like it. It would be nice to land an "elite" back.

BPhilb
06-24-2009, 09:39 PM
6'2 Missouri corner Dexter McDonald to Illinois. The kid has a tremendous upside after playing his 1st year of football last year. You don't see many 6'2 corners with legit 4.4 speed, a 39 inch vertical, and the ability to flip his hips in coverage. I love this pickup. This dude can be a really big deal in a couple of years.

Nice get for you guys. We really thought he was coming to Mizzou, but apparently had a great trip up there.

Sniper
06-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Looks like Javarie Johnson might commit to Miami soon.

JoeyJr09
06-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Looks like Javarie Johnson might commit to Miami soon.

Says he will call coaches and commit on Friday.

keylime_5
06-24-2009, 11:42 PM
you should see how lucky you were in 2005 from OSU homer glasses. :p

haha, ain't it the truth.

Hines
06-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Penn State's Scout guy said that ND commit, Chris Martin, decomitted. If true, I don't think he goes anywhere but USC or ND. Says he has interest in Penn State, but I doubt we land him.

Sniper
06-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Penn State's Scout guy said that ND commit, Chris Martin, decomitted. If true, I don't think he goes anywhere but USC or ND. Says he has interest in Penn State, but I doubt we land him.

I think he's a "soft verbal", not necessarily de-committed.

wicket
06-25-2009, 02:53 AM
I think he's a "soft verbal", not necessarily de-committed.

thats indeed a better description, still not that worried about him, dont like the timing though

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Hurricanes25 - I noticed you reside in NY and are a fan of both Miami (FL) and Rutgers...interesting timing with the praise on Easley. :p I assume you've heard the muffled rumors about him possibly committing to RU?

draftguru151
06-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Says he will call coaches and commit on Friday.

Is he gonna play DE or LB?

etk
06-25-2009, 06:49 AM
I love Johnson's pass rush ability. He'll be a DE in no time.

sbh15
06-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Canes fans, I saw the article about Louis Nix saying he was unsure about you guys.

Just playing the media or is he for real?

Axl Rose
06-25-2009, 08:29 AM
thats indeed a better description, still not that worried about him, dont like the timing though

I think the scenario is simple, ND lays an egg this season we'll have a tough time landing or keeping recruits. We have a great year than we should be able to load up on elite recruits. Judging by the talent ND has returning this year and the schedule I believe a BCS berth is an achievable.

Axl Rose
06-25-2009, 08:29 AM
Andrew Hendrix commits to Notre Dame.

JayP
06-25-2009, 08:35 AM

Some ND boards are saying that he "opened" his recruitment to attend some elite camps that he wouldn't have been invited to otherwise. Considering that's a high possibility, I'm not freaking out.

Louis Nix is supposed to be in South Bend this weekend. If he's unsure about Miami, I hope he's blown away by ND.

More ND news....Andrew Hendrix has committed to ND.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20090625/SPT0301/306250027/Moeller+QB+chooses+ND

wicket
06-25-2009, 09:55 AM
My feeling about Martin, he wants to have a backup option for if charlie gets canned and he doesnt like the guy replacing him/ there is no guy to replace at nsd. I dont see him going somewhere else if we dont tank the season and if we do we have bigger worries than recruiting

Sniper
06-25-2009, 10:25 AM
My feeling about Martin, he wants to have a backup option for if charlie gets canned and he doesnt like the guy replacing him/ there is no guy to replace at nsd. I dont see him going somewhere else if we dont tank the season and if we do we have bigger worries than recruiting

Martin could de-commit on NSD and he'd still have 120 schools with room for him.

Hurricanes25
06-25-2009, 10:46 AM
Hurricanes25 - I noticed you reside in NY and are a fan of both Miami (FL) and Rutgers...interesting timing with the praise on Easley. :p I assume you've heard the muffled rumors about him possibly committing to RU?

I have heard of the rumors that he will commit to Rutgers but I also heard that he is very interested in Pittsburgh. (I hope he doesnt go to Pittsburgh.)

wicket
06-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Martin could de-commit on NSD and he'd still have 120 schools with room for him.

I know, I just think he wants to see the schools he wants to see just to also have a good idea of his safety school (for lack of a better term). Obviously I could be wrong and ND could be screwed big time but it feels just weird to pose in full ND gear on about every picture everywhere and then suddenly change your mind.

About the Hendrix commitmnt. I really like it. He isnt gonna see the field anytime soon and he has all the physical tools to work with. If Charlie is really the QB guru he is supposed to be he can make that kid REALLY good imo.

Hines
06-25-2009, 12:41 PM
MSU got a QB commit yesterday so I guess the writing is on the wall that Robert Bolden could and/or will be a Lion by the weekend. Could be a great weekend with the possibility of Daquan Jones, Evan Hailes, Robert Bolden, and Dakota Royer all commiting to the Lions. This class is getting very special.

wicket
06-25-2009, 01:08 PM
to support my statements of a few months ago that louis nix is serious about ND, he is coming up tomorrow for a 4 day visit, that's a pretty long one for anybody if you ask me. still think we wont get him but it says something about his interest nonetheless

Hines
06-25-2009, 01:30 PM
to support my statements of a few months ago that louis nix is serious about ND, he is coming up tomorrow for a 4 day visit, that's a pretty long one for anybody if you ask me. still think we wont get him but it says something about his interest nonetheless

I have been meaning to ask, but never did. Why did Chris Martin move from Oakland to NJ? I know Oakland isn't the greatest place to live, but why all the way across the country?

wicket
06-25-2009, 01:42 PM
I have been meaning to ask, but never did. Why did Chris Martin move from Oakland to NJ? I know Oakland isn't the greatest place to live, but why all the way across the country?

He wanted to get away from his original high school and he thought that living away from home in a boarding school would be good prep for college, also the hun is really good academically so it helps there as well. He also had contact with tyler stockton about the place there I believe (stockton did the same)

Sniper
06-25-2009, 02:15 PM
MSU got a QB commit yesterday

That would be former BC commit Joe Boisture.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-25-2009, 02:51 PM
It is crazy how things went from being a long shot for a #2 QB to nearly an expectation of adding a second top 10 QB commit for the '10 class. Bolden may not even have a spot at MSU after Boisture's commitment...whether you believe Bolden ever committed to MSU himself or not, it certainly never went public. Would seem MSU moved on and took Boisture since he wanted on board, which is probably better for both MSU and PSU, if Bolden eventually commits to PSU. MSU wants that meat and potato offense with a passer and a grind it out running game...Bolden is a much better fit in PSU's offense.

But I always get nervous with crap like this because Paul Jones did waiver for a minute, and even though he says he isn't afraid of comp it is much different when that competition jumps on board. I don't think his re-thinking the PSU commitment had to do with competition, I just think he was nervous and had some retards (Todd Thomas and other sPITT kids), teammate Andrew Carswell (no PSU offer) in his ear telling him he doesn't know anyone at PSU, and blah blah blah. I don't worry about any of the other PSU commits, but it will be very interesting to see how things are playing out once '10 prospects enroll early (Paul Jones), and LOIs are signed in February (Bolden).

Sniper
06-25-2009, 03:00 PM
I just think he was nervous and had some retards (Todd Thomas and other sPITT kids)

Not really necessary to flame a recruit, is it?

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Nope. Really wasn't necessary. I apologize to anyone that was offended by my characterization of Todd Thomas being a ******, among other Pitt football prospects/players.

Unfortunately you quoted me so I won't even bother going back to edit. Fact remains, a bunch of sPITTers were in Paul Jones ear, some of which were players/signees/prospects, and a few of the signees/prospects probably have a 15% chance of actually making it on the Pitt campus (without a miracle or post-graduate school).

FatJJ44
06-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Just for discussions sake who is everyone's favorite commit for their school. Mine would definitely be Devin Gardner. This kid is just a freak athlete. He still goes to all these camps even though he's been commited for a while. His mechanices are already improving. This kid is just a flat out athlete that loves to compete

ToldLikeItIs
06-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Iowa has a good chance to verbal some serious defensive beef

6'5 255 Matt Hoch
6'5 260 Mike Hardy
6'5 300 Carl Davis
6'2 295 Bruce Gaston
6'5 285 Brandon Scherff

Cj is a Hawkeye Benn, the only school been there the entire time through the updates is Iowa, and he's visiting again. I expect a commitment during that visit.

JoeyJr09
06-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Canes fans, I saw the article about Louis Nix saying he was unsure about you guys.

Just playing the media or is he for real?

Our Rivals guy says hed be pretty surprised if Nix actually switched his commitment.

Weve known all along this kid liked the attention tho. This stuff is no surprise.

Despite his talk and visits, people in the know say hes pretty solid on Miami.

Axl Rose
06-25-2009, 08:39 PM
4 star DE Blake Lueders commits to ND. Big pick up, if Martin stays commited he and Lueders will be a nasty bookend DE combination.

kwilk103
06-25-2009, 09:00 PM
hoover high lb john propst to wvu

JayP
06-25-2009, 09:53 PM
He wanted to get away from his original high school and he thought that living away from home in a boarding school would be good prep for college, also the hun is really good academically so it helps there as well. He also had contact with tyler stockton about the place there I believe (stockton did the same)

The fact that his old coach is a huge USC fan and went ape **** on Martin when he verballed to ND didn't exactly hurt in the move either. Reportedly the coach wanted Chris to give USC a longer look, but he wasn't interested.

I like the Lueders pickup. Here's a confirming link:
http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=959634

wicket
06-26-2009, 01:09 AM
jep love the lueders pickup as well, him and martin are going to be sick together on the outside :), good day to be an irish fan

bigbenn
06-26-2009, 04:15 AM
Iowa has a good chance to verbal some serious defensive beef

6'5 255 Matt Hoch
6'5 260 Mike Hardy
6'5 300 Carl Davis
6'2 295 Bruce Gaston
6'5 285 Brandon Scherff

Cj is a Hawkeye Benn, the only school been there the entire time through the updates is Iowa, and he's visiting again. I expect a commitment during that visit.

We'll see. Hopefully your predictions are like the usual. And you aren't getting Gaston.

Jonny
06-26-2009, 05:28 AM
The whole QB roulette thing is getting tight, just aren't enough of them to go around.

I feel good about Brennan to RU, even if that snake Kiffin gets involved like when he tried to poach our QB last year.

ToldLikeItIs
06-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Heard Gaston Jr. likes us over Ill., coaching stability.

Could be wrong, true, just what I heard.

wicket
06-26-2009, 07:24 AM

gaston is going pretty hard after an ND offer. Not sure if he gets one, might be depending on how the Nix visit goes since we dont have that big of a need at DT and I thing Beau Allen is above him on the big board (and Allen would commit, I'm almost sure about that). But if ND offers I would have trouble seeing him go anywhere else.

ToldLikeItIs
06-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Allen is going to either Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Iowa. I'm guessing Wisconsin.

This is my updated projected Iowa class

QB - Aj Derby 6'5 220 ****
RB - Andre Dawson 6'1 215 ****
WR - Shakim Phillips 6'2 200 ****
TE - CJ Fiedorowicz 6'6 247 ****
TE - Austin Vier 6'7 230 ***
T - Andrew Donnal 6'7 260 ****
T - James Kohler 6'7 250 ***
T - Brandon Scherff 6'5 280 ***
G - Marlandez Harris 6'4 275 **
G - Travis Jackson 6'4 265 ***
DT - Bruce Gaston JR 6'2 295 ***
DT - Anthony Ferguson 6'2 280 ***
DT - Carl Davis 6'5 300 ***
DE - Mike Hardy 6'5 260 ***
DE - Matt Hoch 6'5 255 ***
DE - Louis Trinca Pasat 6'3 240 ***
LB - Jim Poggi 6'2 220 ***
LB - James Morris 6'2 220 ****
LB - Austin Gray 6'2 220 ***
LB - Ishmael Thomas 6'4 220 ***
DB - James Manuel 6'2 200 ***
DB - Isaiah Lewis 5'11 195 ****
DB - Don Shumpert 6'2 190 ***

I declare myself liable to be wrong on at least seven of those.

wicket
06-26-2009, 08:59 AM
chris martin is solid again apparently, dont know what made him talk differently for a day but wth as long as he is irish in the end I'm fine with it

CLong4Heisman
06-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Andrew Hendrix, QB, commited to Notre Dame. He's a solid player that had an OSU offer

wicket
06-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Andrew Hendrix, QB, commited to Notre Dame. He's a solid player that had an OSU offer

old news ;), Since we are talking ND anyway, Lo Wood is committing to a team as we speak, not entirely sure it is ND but pretty sure. Nice steal since everybody though he'd go to michigan. Dont kill me if I am wrong but this is what I found out somewhere else

kwilk103
06-26-2009, 01:31 PM
tight ends dan schneider and kevin haplea to decide next week

ohio varsity thinks it's wvu/fsu for scnheider and likes wvu chances

haplea i know wvu is on his list, but not sure who else

bigbenn
06-26-2009, 02:17 PM
gaston is going pretty hard after an ND offer. Not sure if he gets one, might be depending on how the Nix visit goes since we dont have that big of a need at DT and I thing Beau Allen is above him on the big board (and Allen would commit, I'm almost sure about that). But if ND offers I would have trouble seeing him go anywhere else.

ND would make it very interesting no doubt, but I wouldn't say he's going hard to get an ND offer other than for the fact that he wants to be recruited and pile up offers.

bigbenn
06-26-2009, 02:17 PM

Nope...Gaston loves Illinois.

ToldLikeItIs
06-26-2009, 02:44 PM
Andrew Donnal soon

That's just what I heard about Gaston

Hines
06-26-2009, 03:00 PM

Penn State.

bigbenn
06-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Andrew Donnal soon

That's just what I heard about Gaston

I hope not man...if Illinois still had Wolford they would be sitting really pretty in Ohio, especially with guys like Donnal who visited and had Illinois among his top 2 or 3 some months back...oh well such is recruiting life with change. I think he will probably be your next superstar OL if you get him. I know there are some who have an extremely high opinion of Donnal to the point where they think he is a better prospect than Norwell, etc.

ToldLikeItIs
06-26-2009, 04:37 PM
I'd like Keylime's position right now.

djp
06-26-2009, 04:41 PM
4* LB Javarie Johnson finishes the job and commits to Miami

keylime_5
06-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah, that's a joke. Donnal is nice but he's not in the same league, not nearly as nasty and he doesn't toy with defenders, completely shutting them down quite like Norwell. Norwell was the best lineman in Ohio as a junior. Speaking of Ohio this is a very down year in the state. We have the big three of Hicks, Turner, and Norwell, and then a big dropoff after that. Basically three 5 stars and then a bunch of guys who are top 250 but probably not top 100 talent. Not gonna be as many instate offers from Ohio State this year so teams like Michigan State, Michigan, Iowa, and Illinois will do well in Ohio this year. Next year is packed though, gonna be a fun year in 2011.

ToldLikeItIs
06-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Andrew Donnal discussion, not Andrew Norwell.

keylime_5
06-26-2009, 05:45 PM
why what is it that you mean told?

ToldLikeItIs
06-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Have you heard anything?

Sniper
06-26-2009, 05:54 PM
4* LB Javarie Johnson finishes the job and commits to Miami

Nicely done. Apparently, Michigan's coaches liked him better than Will Gholston.

keylime_5
06-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Have you heard anything?

Well I know OSU probably won't offer and Iowa probably leads over Maryland and Michigan State...I remember MSU being the buzz about Donnal a while back but that probably has changed by now.

Axl Rose
06-26-2009, 07:04 PM
CB Lo Wood has committed to Notre Dame.

wicket
06-26-2009, 07:11 PM
CB Lo Wodd has committed to Notre Dame.

wodd wodd ;)

ToldLikeItIs
06-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Iowa leads and Donnal is going to commit soon or two totally different things.

JoeyJr09
06-26-2009, 07:47 PM

Haplea has like 7 different teams on his list. But I heard he's planning on sticking in the NE. Not sure if WVU is considered close enough for that.

keylime_5
06-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Iowa leads and Donnal is going to commit soon or two totally different things.

haven't heard much either way regarding his commitment. From the OSU end the news is that he didn't get an offer at camp and therefore probably won't be getting one at all.

BigJohn98
06-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Alec Ogletree has commited to UGA.

ToldLikeItIs
06-26-2009, 11:06 PM
That's pretty big time for UGA.

Mike Hardy to Iowa.

Matt Hoch, Brandon Scherff, and Andrew Donnal should follow shortly.

Class is going to be some type of filthy.

Hines
06-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Evan Hailes made it official to Penn State this evening. Next up, Daquan Jones, Robert Bolden, and Dakota Royer this weekend.

Still in good shape with Khari Fortt, Shariff Floyd, Alex Kenney, Kenney Stills, and a few others.

draftguru151
06-27-2009, 12:18 AM

zesxrdcftvhj Not cool.

sbh15
06-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Jesse Scroggins is supposed to commit to USC in the upcoming days according to my guy.

EDIT: apparently the offered today and he's been waiting for it for a while.

nikkayeah
06-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Gabriel Porter King at 11:41am June 26
hell yea im going to cal for college
per facebook

Hollywood
06-27-2009, 03:04 AM

Surprised he committed this early and yea it sucks, but at least it gives Miami the extra time and chance to find a local product to fit in his spot.

bigbenn
06-27-2009, 03:28 AM
Yeah, that's a joke. Donnal is nice but he's not in the same league, not nearly as nasty and he doesn't toy with defenders, completely shutting them down quite like Norwell. Norwell was the best lineman in Ohio as a junior. Speaking of Ohio this is a very down year in the state. We have the big three of Hicks, Turner, and Norwell, and then a big dropoff after that. Basically three 5 stars and then a bunch of guys who are top 250 but probably not top 100 talent. Not gonna be as many instate offers from Ohio State this year so teams like Michigan State, Michigan, Iowa, and Illinois will do well in Ohio this year. Next year is packed though, gonna be a fun year in 2011.

I don't know about Illinois doing well this year. They have a lot of catching up to do and have been getting beat on some guys they would normally probably win out on. A big season would speed that catching up though.:) And the Donnal comment is based on college potential and beyond not HS. I love Donnal as a prospect. Long, lean with the ability to hold a lot of good weight, and very athletic.

JoeyJr09
06-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Surprised he committed this early and yea it sucks, but at least it gives Miami the extra time and chance to find a local product to fit in his spot.

Huge loss for us. But I think coaches saw the writing on the wall when we offered and accepted Javarie Johnson's commitment.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Well we've got Hailes commitment. And we've got no confirmation but '10 MD WR Adrian Coxson (PSU commit on campus) saying that '10 PA ATH/WR Alex Kenney committed. Nothing from Alex Kenney himself...and it hasn't been confirmed (as far as I know) by rivals or scout...yet.

MaxV
06-27-2009, 11:21 AM
I hope Kenney is PSU bound. Love that speed.

MaxV
06-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Video on Hailes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra33kvrZjVA

Big and agile. He looks very promising.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-27-2009, 11:46 AM
Yep. Love the Hailes commit. Could be great as an Ollie Ogbu/Anthony 'Spice' Adams type DT....don't know his true weight right now but once he drops some size and builds himself back up in college he can be a force (can probably even get much quicker and keep that power around 300-310 in college).

Some Vols and others are bad mouthing him and dissecting some of his comments, questioning whether he wants to compete and so on...he turned right around after having committed to PSU and was all in '10 PA DT Sharrif Floyd's ear, so you know he isn't afraid of competition. Probably just looking for the best place and never intended to really get that far away from home.

-----

I also desperately want DaQuan Jones in this class as well, so I'm really waiting on that.

bigbenn
06-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Well we've got Hailes commitment. And we've got no confirmation but '10 MD WR Adrian Coxson (PSU commit on campus) saying that '10 PA ATH/WR Alex Kenney committed. Nothing from Alex Kenney himself...and it hasn't been confirmed (as far as I know) by rivals or scout...yet.

PSU is putting together a heck of a class. Good for the B10...

superman8456
06-27-2009, 12:03 PM

LOVING that commit.

I hope we land Khairi Fortt

Hines
06-27-2009, 12:18 PM
LOVING that commit.

I hope we land Khairi Fortt

I am sure we will land Fortt. His best friend is already commited to Penn State, plus I guess he was recruiting Marcus Lattimore to Penn State on an Auburn visit.

Sniper
06-27-2009, 12:22 PM
and was all in '10 PA DT Sharrif Floyd's ear

I want Floyd to go to Michigan so badly. UM has a dire, dire need for DTs.

JoeyJr09
06-27-2009, 12:30 PM
I want Floyd to go to Michigan so badly. UM has a dire, dire need for DTs.

What's the news on that kid.

I thought Miami was done at DT with year with Nix and Chandler but Ive actually heard that our coaches feel this kid is one of the best players in the nation this year and will take him no matter what. Our rivals guys kinda back that up.

Whats the story with him? I haven't followed too closely.

Hines
06-27-2009, 12:35 PM
I think Floyd wants to stay closer to home due to his mother not being financial stable to go see his games. He has nice things to say about Penn State, and I hope he goes there, but who knows at this point. He doesn't really talk much.

Sniper
06-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Rumblings of PA WR Alex Kenney to PSU.

Hines
06-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Rumblings of PA WR Alex Kenney to PSU.

Along with NY DT Daquan Jones.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Here is a maxprep article on Sharrif Floyd's life, if your interested in the story behind the prospect.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/article.aspx?articleid=343388c2-413b-de11-a973-001cc494dda6

fresssh
06-27-2009, 05:46 PM
What's the news on that kid.

I thought Miami was done at DT with year with Nix and Chandler but Ive actually heard that our coaches feel this kid is one of the best players in the nation this year and will take him no matter what. Our rivals guys kinda back that up.

Whats the story with him? I haven't followed too closely.

Told ya. If I remember right we were 1 of the 1st to offer.

keylime_5
06-27-2009, 06:10 PM
OSU offered K Drew Basil. Should verbal soon.

Hines
06-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Daquan Jones to Penn State according to Scout.

<333333 Jones.

Link:

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/875511.html

superman8456
06-27-2009, 11:20 PM
Daquan Jones to Penn State according to Scout.

<333333 Jones.

Link:

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/875511.html

F*CK YEAH!

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-28-2009, 01:15 AM
WOOO. I had been waiting for that one. YAY. ;)

DaQuan offers O/DLine versatility...beastly kid that could be like Johnnie Troutman on the OLine or he could be a sweet DLineman (DT). Troutman grayshirted (out of NJ) due to injury and was shuffled between OG/OT for a few, but I expect him to start this season at LG as a RS SO. Just a massive 6'4/6'5 325 pounder that was a raw athlete with supreme athleticism...had tOSU offer along with a few others before committing to PSU.

bigbenn
06-28-2009, 10:17 AM
WOOO. I had been waiting for that one. YAY. ;)

DaQuan offers O/DLine versatility...beastly kid that could be like Johnnie Troutman on the OLine or he could be a sweet DLineman (DT). Troutman grayshirted (out of NJ) due to injury and was shuffled between OG/OT for a few, but I expect him to start this season at LG as a RS SO. Just a massive 6'4/6'5 325 pounder that was a raw athlete with supreme athleticism...had tOSU offer along with a few others before committing to PSU.

Jones also just screams big time lineman in his pics. I wanted him on Illinois. Oh well...

ToldLikeItIs
06-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Benn,

Tell me about Marlandez Harris. He's our next lineman offer.

ToldLikeItIs
06-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Treat,

Hoch, Scherff, soon.

Smokey Joe
06-28-2009, 12:50 PM
like the other guy said, what is your name and also nice to know, what would be your dream offer to get?
Would be good fun to keep track of your recruiting as good as I can. ;)
The JuCo I'm going to has had guys go to Nebraska on scholarship, and that'd be ******* awesome. They've also had guys go to Purdue, Miami (FLA), NIU, Michigan St, Iowa, Western Michigan, and Southern Illinois on scholarship, and I'd love to play for any of those schools.

bigbenn
06-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Benn,

Tell me about Marlandez Harris. He's our next lineman offer.

I like him as a prospect. Under the radar a little but he's a definite D1 player. He is athletic and has some upside. He can move and he's also really strong and will only get stronger in a college weight room. I could definitely see him thriving at Iowa where his types succeed big time. If a couple of Illinois' guys fall through, I could see him getting an offer. Any other year when OL's aren't as strong, he would definitely get an early offer. He is still being evaluated for an offer right now so he could see one come fall. He could also play DT and be really good there. He's the type you guys get and have everybody scratching their heads three, four or five years later.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Eric Berry's 13 y/o brother commits to Tennessee. His twin brother really likes LSU though.

Sniper
06-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Eric Berry's 13 y/o brother commits to Tennessee.

What the ****? Is that legal?

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-28-2009, 08:04 PM
idk but it's on rivals..

BigJohn98
06-28-2009, 09:28 PM
Cody Riggs cuts his list to Georgia, Florida, Notre Dame, Florida State, and Tennessee.

ChezPower4
06-28-2009, 09:44 PM

It shouldn't be

Smokey Joe
06-29-2009, 12:40 AM
That's a bit misleading. He didn't commit, but basically he sad he wants to play for Tennesse. Looks like he also has a twin brother whose a stud and will likely go to Tennessee.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Looks like he also has a twin brother whose a stud and will likely go to Tennessee.LSU lean actually. He likes our track program A LOT.

CashmoneyDrew
06-29-2009, 01:07 PM
LSU lean actually. He likes our track program A LOT.

He'll be a Vol in the end. I don't think he has the stones to go somewhere else after his dad, his older brother, and his twin brother all have been or are going to Tennessee. Tennessee's got a great track program as well. He'll come around.
You guys can't be getting our legacies. :D
Two Berry's on the same field at once. Almost seems unfair.

Anyways. Tennessee just picked up a commitment from 2010 Illinois o-lineman Zach Fulton. 3 star right now, but he's been tearing up camps and will probably be a 4 star when all is said and done.

Sniper
06-29-2009, 04:33 PM
OH DE/DT Jibreel Black makes for me a sad panda as he commits to Indiana. Michigan's losing recruiting battles to the likes of Indiana, Tulsa, Central Florida and Syracuse. Probably not a good sign.

Link for Black...
http://indiana.scout.com/2/875895.html

ironman4579
06-29-2009, 04:54 PM
OH DE/DT Jibreel Black makes for me a sad panda as he commits to Indiana. Michigan's losing recruiting battles to the likes of Indiana, Tulsa, Central Florida and Syracuse. Probably not a good sign.

Link for Black...
http://indiana.scout.com/2/875895.html

Still feeling happy with Rich Rod? Because with the way this recruiting class is looking so far, I'm getting even more leery than I was, despite pulling a top 10 class last year.

Hey, maybe we'll be able to get Brian Kelly as our head coach after all. So you know, there's that............ ;)

Sniper
06-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Still feeling happy with Rich Rod? Because with the way this recruiting class is looking so far, I'm getting even more leery than I was, despite pulling a top 10 class last year.

I understand the culture change that he's brought, so I'm willing to give him another two years.

ironman4579
06-29-2009, 05:16 PM
I understand the culture change that he's brought, so I'm willing to give him another two years.

I'm willing to give him a couple years just on the strength of Mike Barwis alone ;)

Seriously though, I'm at the place where if Michigan goes 7-5 or better this year, I figure he's got things going in the right direction and should be challenging for a Big 10 title in 2010.

If we go 6-6 or worse this season, or aren't challening for the conference title in 2010, then I'm personally going to be calling for his head. That's just me though.

Sniper
06-29-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm willing to give him a couple years just on the strength of Mike Barwis alone ;)

ZOMGZ BARWIS!!!!!111! :D

Seriously though, I'm at the place where if Michigan goes 7-5 or better this year, I figure he's got things going in the right direction and should be challenging for a Big 10 title in 2010.

If we go 6-6 or worse this season, or aren't challening for the conference title in 2010, then I'm personally going to be calling for his head. That's just me though.

Patience. As much as I feel Forcier will be adequate in his freshman season, the odds are good that he's going to make freshman mistakes. They all do. Looking at the projected two-deep on Rivals (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=960003), there are underclassmen on offense at...

QB (Forcier, Robinson???)
Slot (Odoms and /Robinson/Gallon/Roundtree/Jones/Toussaint)
Outside WR (Stonum/Hemingway)
TE (Koger)
LG (Barnum)
OC (Molk)
RT (Huyge/Omameh)

DT (Martin, Campbell/Sagesse)
SDE (Van Bergen)
Quick (Herron)
ILB (Demens)
ILB (Fitzgerald)
CB (Floyd, Cissoko)
Spinner (Hawthorne)
S (Williams, Emilien, Van Slyke)
K (Gibbons, not on Rivals' depth chart but in all likelihood, he's the kicker)

That's a lot of youth. I want to be in a bowl game this year. Modest expectations, but with a young team still in transition, it is what it is.

Sniper
06-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Eduardo Clements question. If Mack Brown goes to UGA, where does Clements go?

ironman4579
06-29-2009, 05:30 PM

Patience. As much as I feel Forcier will be adequate in his freshman season, the odds are good that he's going to make freshman mistakes. They all do. Looking at the projected two-deep on Rivals (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=960003), there are underclassmen on offense at...

TE (Koger)
LG (Barnum)
OC (Molk)
RT (Huyge/Omameh)

SDE (Van Bergen)
Quick (Herron)
ILB (Demens)
ILB (Fitzgerald)
CB (Floyd, Cissoko)
Spinner (Hawthorne)

That's a lot of youth. I want to be in a bowl game this year. Modest expectations, but with a young team still in transition, it is what it is.

I suppose I could be at least content with 6-6. But 5-7 or worse is bad. Nothing will change my mind on that.

Something I found odd. Did you notice they don't have Justin Turner on the 2 deep anywhere? I realize he wasn't and early enrollee or there for spring practice but still..............

sbh15
06-29-2009, 05:34 PM

Don't worry yourself about that. Mack Brown should be a Gator.

Sniper
06-29-2009, 05:37 PM
I suppose I could be at least content with 6-6. But 5-7 or worse is bad. Nothing will change my mind on that.

Something I found odd. Did you notice they don't have Justin Turner on the 2 deep anywhere? I realize he wasn't and early enrollee or there for spring practice but still..............

Yeah. Well, he's in summer school right now and he needs to make sure he passes some Ohio HS test or something of the sort. His status with the team is still up in the air.

ironman4579
06-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Yeah. Well, he's in summer school right now and he needs to make sure he passes some Ohio HS test or something of the sort. His status with the team is still up in the air.

I've heard there could be some trouble with Gallon (which we knew was possible anyway), and Fitz Toussaint as well.........

Sniper
06-29-2009, 05:55 PM
I've heard there could be some trouble with Gallon (which we knew was possible anyway), and Fitz Toussaint as well.........

Toussaint's qualified. Gallon needs one more point on the ACT/SAT, and Turner needs one more point on the Ohio test.

JoeyJr09
06-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Toussaint's qualified. Gallon needs one more point on the ACT/SAT, and Turner needs one more point on the Ohio test.

If Gallon needs one more point on the ACT/SAT, he's done. Headed to Prep. There are no more ACT/SAT test dates until September and the college season will have already started by the time he gets his scores back.

On Miami's end, Malcolm Bunche is headed to prep and will enroll in January. We are trying to find another school that can take Kent because his grades aren't Miami standard. Marshall looks likely.

JoeyJr09
06-29-2009, 06:46 PM

Likely Miami. His family is starting to really push him there.

Michigan is just too far from what we've heard to be realistic.

With FSU dropping out, and his family starting to push, UGA seems like the only real threat for us.

I did hear that UGA likes Clements more then Brown tho.

brat316
06-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Whats happening with the Rb Corey Brown?

wicket
06-29-2009, 07:47 PM
notre dame swipes stanford commit chris badger (hard hitting safety) and gets its fourth commit in 5 days

JayP
06-29-2009, 08:00 PM
notre dame swipes stanford commit chris badger (hard hitting safety) and gets its fourth commit in 5 days

Just read about this. It made what has been an otherwise crappy day.

ToldLikeItIs
06-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Matt Hoch just commited to Iowa.

steelernation77
06-29-2009, 11:27 PM

Good to see the Hawks locking down the in-state guys, especially in the western part of the state. I'm thinking Scherff will commit soon as well. Kohler, it appears, may not end up a Hawk but I think we'll be ok with the guys we have so far anyway

BPhilb
06-29-2009, 11:33 PM

Good get for you guys. I really thought he was coming to Missouri up until about a week ago. He'll be a solid player and showed well at the camp down here.

CashmoneyDrew
06-29-2009, 11:38 PM
Tennessee just picked up their second o-line commit of the day with South Carolina tackle Marques Pair.

sbh15
06-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Ronald Powell, Tony Jefferson, and Jordan James will all be visiting the UF/UT game.

Apparently Powell spread the good word about UF and these guys have bought in and will check us out.

ToldLikeItIs
06-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Scherff, Dawson, and, yes, Derby, are inevitable at this point.

BigJohn98
06-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Michael L spoke to Gio Bernard last night. And here's a little piece. "As far as FSU goes they were the only school Gio specifically said he could see himself playing at. Bernard has also narrowed his list down to about nine schools with the schools being FSU, Florida, Oklahoma, Oregon State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Alabama."

Michael L believes that FSU and UF are at the top of his list right now.

We have a better chance than you think, Joey.

Sniper
06-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Michael L spoke to Gio Bernard last night. And here's a little piece. "As far as FSU goes they were the only school Gio specifically said he could see himself playing at. Bernard has also narrowed his list down to about nine schools with the schools being FSU, Florida, Oklahoma, Oregon State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Nebraska, and Alabama."

You can't post premium quotes.

sbh15
06-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Well being that he did, if FSU isn't his leader, I've heard a lot saying UF is, which I don't buy, nor do I care about. He's not quite at the top of the board from what I hear though. We are apparently closing in on Kendrun Malcolme and Corey Grant. I hope we don't get either and go for Gio, but I only know one person (albiet a reliable one) calling UF as the leader.

BigJohn98
06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Warchant.com did a two-day recruiting tour in South Florida. Here's the jist of the tour. They visited Pahokee, Miami Central, St. Thomas Aquinas and Treasure Coast. Here is the jist of the tour:

Pahokee
Noel and DJ Johnson are diehard Noles. DJ Johnson is the "ring-leader" at Pahokee. He's responsible for getting Noel to commit and we are now in contention with Chris Dunkley. Florida is the team to beat, but we are in contention for him. Pahokee has a 7-on-7 in Oregon but Johnson, Dunkley, and Noel are going to try to make it to FSU's camp, which might conflict with the 7on7.

Miami Central

The guys met with the Miami Central trio of Jeffrey Godfrey, Brandon Gainer, and Joshua Reese. They said that the trio insists that they are a package deal. They all plan to enroll early, so they will obviously have to commit after their senior season. Gainer seems to be the one most ready to commit, and it could be coming a lot sooner than expected. He and Godfrey raive about Jimbo Fisher. We look good for both. We haven't been in much contact with Reese. He says he's been hearing a lot from UF, UCF, and USF. He grew up a Cane fan, but says he hasn't heard much from them lately.

St. Thomas Aquinas

They mentioned that the school looks like a small college. Great field, facilities, etc.

They interview Lamarcus Joyner. He mentioned that FSU and Ohio State are his top schools, but let slip out that FSU is his leader(not that we didn't already know that). A commitment from Joyner could be coming very soon. Very possible that it happens before the FSU camp.

Cody Riggs mentioned that FSU was his school growing up, and that his favorite player was Peter Warrick. He mentioned his top five of UF, Tennessee, UGA, FSU, and Notre Dame. Said he plans on attending UF and FSU camps this summer and won't make a commitment until after his officials.

The news on Gio Bernard was mentioned in my post earlier.

Keion Payne mentioned that Miami and FSU are really standing out. He could make his choice at any time.

Treasure Coast

Obviously, they stopped to see the recking ball known as Jeff Luc. He mentioned that his last name is pronounced "Luke," not "Luck." He said he has narrowed his list and it will be revealed before the start of his senior season. Florida and FSU are clearly the frontrunners. He will attend Friday Night Lights and the Seminole Showtime camps. He plans on enrolling early.

PENNSTATEHOMER
06-30-2009, 02:55 PM

TE (Koger)
LG (Barnum)
OC (Molk)
RT (Huyge/Omameh)

SDE (Van Bergen)
Quick (Herron)
ILB (Demens)
ILB (Fitzgerald)
CB (Floyd, Cissoko)
Spinner (Hawthorne)

Are these supposed to be starters or what? Why would it matter if there are underclassmen in the two deep? You gloss over a guy like Warren at CB, obviously not an underclassmen, and very obviously a starter. Graham returns on D...that LB with the crazy ass name returns....you didn't lose any OLine, did you?

Your starting to sound like ND fans these past few years, where they need starting units on both sides of the ball comprised of nothing more than upperclassmen in order to NOT lose to the Syracuse's and Pittsburgh's of the world.

Sniper
06-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Are these supposed to be starters or what? Why would it matter if there are underclassmen in the two deep?

Because it shows the inexperience of the team.

You gloss over a guy like Warren at CB, obviously not an underclassmen, and very obviously a starter. Graham returns on D...that LB with the crazy ass name returns....you didn't lose any OLine, did you?

By most accounts of the depth chart, we're starting underclassmen at...

QB
Slot WR
Outside WR #2
TE
C
RT

LDE
NT
CB #2
NB
SS

Your starting to sound like ND fans these past few years, where they need starting units on both sides of the ball comprised of nothing more than upperclassmen in order to NOT lose to the Syracuse's and Pittsburgh's of the world.

First of all, learn to spell and properly use grammar. I thought PSU fans prided themselves on their intelligence. Second, if the talent's young, chances are it's inexperienced. Inexperience isn't good. We'll make progress this year with a shot at the Big 10 title in 2010.

etk
06-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Kendrun Malcome to Georgia.

JoeyJr09
06-30-2009, 03:57 PM

That's a pretty stark contrast to what Bernard has been telling our rivals guys.

Not that it matters. UGA just picked up Malcolme and Brown is pretty damn close to pulling the trigger for them. Once he does, Clements gets forced out of that class and right into Miami's hands.

Clements has long been Miami's number 1 target at RB.

Sniper
06-30-2009, 05:23 PM
MI RB Nick Hill continues Michigan State's in-state recruiting "dominance" (read: taking mostly kids without Michigan offers) and commits to MSU.

Saints 4 Lyfe
06-30-2009, 11:24 PM
NOLA.com is reporting Storm Johnson committed. Awesome if true. I'm really not holding my breath on Lache at this point.

brat316
06-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Dante Weaver commited to Temple woooooo 3 star DT.

Javzz
07-01-2009, 12:42 AM
NOLA.com is reporting Storm Johnson committed. Awesome if true. I'm really not holding my breath on Lache at this point.

Storm looks underrated to me. He has great COD and vision from what it looks like for a big back, but his speed will probably hinder him from being ranked towards the top.

I hope we get at least someone who will provide some diversity to our roster. But I'm not holding my breath on Lache either. I'm not sold on Calhoun staying at running back.

ToldLikeItIs
07-01-2009, 01:36 AM
I love how I post "Matt Hoch commited to Iowa", and I get a '...' reputation lower from psycho Sniper.

sbh15
07-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Kendrun Malcome to Georgia.

This is a sign that UGA has no shot at Brown. Corey Grant should make it into this class with Brown now as long as Saban can't sway him. The only other loss from this could be T.J. Stripling, but Dominque Easley is rising on our board fast.

Sniper
07-01-2009, 09:46 AM
I love how I post "Matt Hoch commited to Iowa", and I get a '...' reputation lower from psycho Sniper.

It wasn't the post in particular. Just felt like lowering your rep, and it was the first post I saw.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-01-2009, 10:33 AM
It wasn't the post in particular. Just felt like lowering your rep, and it was the first post I saw.best.excuse.ever.

wicket
07-01-2009, 10:38 AM
best.excuse.ever.

quoted for truth

BPhilb
07-01-2009, 11:45 AM

I've given you some rep. You said it over a month ago and I thought for sure he wasn't heading to Iowa. It was a good call.

Sniper
07-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Florida guys, how good is the league that Pahokee plays in? The reason I ask is because Brandin Hawthorne had 113 tackles, 48 TFL, 27 sacks and 6 FF last year and was a mid-level recruit.

wicket
07-01-2009, 01:22 PM
ND offered DT Beau Allen, dont think it will take him long to bite on the offer.
edit: Bit overopitimistic timewise, still pretty sure he will be irish but itll take him a few months possibly

JoeyJr09
07-01-2009, 01:59 PM
Florida guys, how good is the league that Pahokee plays in? The reason I ask is because Brandin Hawthorne had 113 tackles, 48 TFL, 27 sacks and 6 FF last year and was a mid-level recruit.

They play the best of the best down here. Pahokee is the truth. They produce stud after stud after stud.

Hawthrone was mid level because his potential isn't great. His HS production was outstanding tho.

JayP
07-01-2009, 02:11 PM
Kendall Moore is set to announce on July 11th. His top 5 are N.C. State, Duke, South Carolina, Florida State and Notre Dame. I get the feeling that he's Irish after coming from an ND camp this past weekend and being quoted as saying about his ND visit I wanted to find a little bit more about them, and now I feel like I know enough about them to make a decision.

Quote is here: http://www.highschoolot.com/content/blogpost/5474370/

wicket
07-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Kendall Moore is set to announce on July 11th. His top 5 are N.C. State, Duke, South Carolina, Florida State and Notre Dame. I get the feeling that he's Irish after coming from an ND camp this past weekend and being quoted as saying about his ND visit I wanted to find a little bit more about them, and now I feel like I know enough about them to make a decision.

Quote is here: http://www.highschoolot.com/content/blogpost/5474370/

in general i agree, i think if he isnt ND he is nc state. I have big hopes but I am not calling it.

Sniper
07-01-2009, 02:36 PM
They play the best of the best down here. Pahokee is the truth. They produce stud after stud after stud.

Hawthrone was mid level because his potential isn't great. His HS production was outstanding tho.

How good do you think Hawthorne can be? He's the backup hybrid S/LB right now. Was Smith also a low potential type of guy or is it because of his size?

ironman4579
07-01-2009, 03:41 PM
How good do you think Hawthorne can be? He's the backup hybrid S/LB right now. Was Smith also a low potential type of guy or is it because of his size?

To add to this, does Hawthorne have low potential because of size (as he's not that big, only listed at 6'0" 195) or is it athleticism, or what?

BamaFalcon59
07-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Suprisingly, Matt Elam and Robert Clark want to visit Virginia Tech.. We have shown no interest to date, but they want to come by and try for offers.

We have basically no shot at Elam, but getting a visit would be nice on its own. Shows that top players want to see us, maybe create some buzz. Won't hurt to try.

Robert Clark is a guy whose film looks real nice. Extremely quick, very fast. Big hitter too. Tracks the ball real well when it's in the air. Undersized, but that is it. We would be his biggest offer, and we could use another cornerback to pair with Kyle Fuller when he commits.

In other news concerning Virginia Tech. recruiting Florida, QB Mark Leal and WR James Louis will be here on the weekend of the eleventh. Good shot with Louis.

CashmoneyDrew
07-01-2009, 04:55 PM
2010's top kicker/punter Michael Palardy is deciding between Tennessee and LSU tomorrow. Most people think he'll be a Vol. Dude consistently kicks it through the back of the end zones on kickoffs as well. This is probably the first time I've really ever been excited on news about a Kicker.

wicket
07-01-2009, 04:57 PM
2010's top kicker/punter Michael Palardy is deciding between Tennessee and LSU tomorrow. Most people think he'll be a Vol. Dude consistently kicks it through the back of the end zones on kickoffs as well. This is probably the first time I've really ever been excited on news about a Kicker.

lol you lost your kickerginity

CashmoneyDrew
07-01-2009, 04:59 PM
lol you lost your kickerginity

Hey, if Daniel Lincoln was your team's kicker, you'd be excited too. :)

kwilk103
07-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Suprisingly, Matt Elam and Robert Clark want to visit Virginia Tech.. We have shown no interest to date, but they want to come by and try for offers.

We have basically no shot at Elam, but getting a visit would be nice on its own. Shows that top players want to see us, maybe create some buzz. Won't hurt to try.

Robert Clark is a guy whose film looks real nice. Extremely quick, very fast. Big hitter too. Tracks the ball real well when it's in the air. Undersized, but that is it. We would be his biggest offer, and we could use another cornerback to pair with Kyle Fuller when he commits.

both are visiting wvu also

wicket
07-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey, if Daniel Lincoln was your team's kicker, you'd be excited too. :)

trust me if we didnt bring in proper kickers last class daniel lincoln would make me exited.
Other point. you can still drop a bit and be happy about a longsnapper (something i actually experienced last class)

Jonny
07-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Joey or any other FLA people, ever heard of LB Marcus Thompson? I never have until today, but he's the kind of kid Rutgers used to do well with the past few years.

keylime_5
07-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Ft. Wayne IN runningback Rod Smith commits to the Buckeyes, I love it.
http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/876464.html

brat316
07-01-2009, 08:06 PM

You think he is going to end up at WR?

Hines
07-01-2009, 08:08 PM
I personally believe he will end up at LB. Good get.

Sniper
07-01-2009, 08:10 PM

This was one of the worst-kept recruiting secrets. Good get.

keylime_5
07-01-2009, 08:43 PM
You think he is going to end up at WR?

I think he's a RB all the way. Probably gonna end up around 230-240 lbs. at 6'2"/6'3". Eddie George-esque physique.

Sniper
07-01-2009, 08:46 PM
I think he's a RB all the way. Probably gonna end up around 230-240 lbs. at 6'2"/6'3". Eddie George-esque physique.

By the way, that crackpot on BP that reports Michigan "news" cracks me the **** up.

Hines
07-01-2009, 08:58 PM
Jordan Norwood's kid brother, Levi, just got a Penn State offer and commited. Isn't sure if it's a greyshirt or not, but I think he will be a greyshirt offer down the road. If he is anything like his brother, we got a good player. Looks bigger than Jordan right now at a listed 6'2 170.

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-02-2009, 08:18 AM
It will be cool having another Norwood on the team...Jordan was a really good WR, and a smart WR. I like knowing that Levi will be at PSU, that he is 6'2, and that he had a good showing at the senior camp...caught the ball extremely well at camp. Jordan literally caught almost every pass that touched his hands/body in his 4 years as a starter at PSU so if Levi can catch, take a GS and probable RS so he can get up to 185-190, he'll likely be a solid contributor.

The biggest positive, although some are blind to it and seem to think Levi Norwood is going to scare away CA WR Kenny Stills and/or PA WR/ATH Alex Kenney, is that Levi is a WILLING grayshirt...that is likely to happen. This will have zero impact on the remaining '10 schollie situation, if things get tight and PSU needs a ship for a coveted (4/5* or not) prospect Levi will gladly GS.

BamaFalcon59
07-02-2009, 09:26 AM
Considering his athleticism, toughness, character, and production, I would be suprised if David Wilson isn't the best, or at least one of the best, back in the country in a few years.

Virginia Tech. has been on fire with runningbacks lately. Then possibly Zack Zwinak this year (FB/ RB hybrid for us) and Clifton Richardson (probable Rivals 250 athlete next year, prefers RB but could play almost any position. Check out his film).

I love it!

CANTON ?

Another hot summer day had passed Dan Newell by in Danville, Va. The George Washington High School football head coach was about 450 miles away from Fawcett Stadium.

His imagination, though, was right there with reality Wednesday night during Team USA’s second-round clobbering of Mexico. Newell coached U.S. running back David Wilson in high school. For two years, he got to watch what more than 21,000 fans have seen in two games during the Junior World Championships.

There was Wilson running past, over and around defenders. There was Wilson catching a short pass on third-and-24 and making sure he got the extra yard for the first down.

The kid might as well be a ghost in sparkling red cleats. To tackle the 5-foot-11, 192-pound running back bound for Virginia Tech after Sunday’s gold medal game is to tackle a cloud.

“Awesome,” Mexico head coach Ernesto Alfaro del Villar said. “I remember a couple of touchdowns where half our team touched him. He’s a very talented player. We knew it. ... Impossible. He’s a great player.”

Back in sultry Virginia, Newell was curious how his once-in-a-career player performed in two Team USA shellackings. Wilson has 327 yards on 23 carries and seven touchdowns in two games. That’s not a tournament. It’s the start of a career.

Informed of this, Newell paused for a few seconds, and then in a thick country drawl said, “That sounds ’bout right.”

Wednesday night, Wilson needed 16 seconds to get his team on the scoreboard. His 50-yard run on the first play from scrimmage set the tone for a 55-0 U.S. win. It set the stage for a gold medal game against No. 1 seeded Canada on Sunday.

What looks easy when games are under the lights takes the kind of hard work the other seven countries are discovering here.

“It may appear easy, but people don’t see the hard work and all the sweat off the field,” Wilson said. “There’s a lot of work that goes into it because I want to be a better player each time I step on the field.”

Before Wilson left for Canton, he squatted over 600 pounds, putting his name on another record at his school. He rushed for nearly 4,000 yards in two seasons in Virginia.

“His last regular-season game here he had 277 yards, five touchdowns and nine carries,” Newell said. “And that wasn’t even the record. He broke the record twice with over 350 yards and averaged 12 yards a carry. He’s the best athlete I’ve coached period.”

That was out of the wing-T. He’s running out of the I-formation and making people ? opponents, too ? shake their heads here.

“We’re extremely glad he’s a Hokie,” Virginia Tech Head Coach Frank Beamer said.

No kidding.

In the second quarter Wilson took a handoff and broke a tackle in the backfield. He ran through an arm tackle, bulled over a third defender about 6 yards past the line of scrimmage, ran through a scrum of Mexican defenders, and pulled away from a jersey grab for a 25-yard touchdown, his third and last of the game.

“You can’t explain it,” said USA quarterback Bryce Petty, who’s heading to Baylor. “I’ve never seen anybody like him before in my life and I’ve been around football for a while. It’s like, freakish.

“I was looking around at everybody on the field after that run and their jaws are dropped. I feel like we’re watching Maurice Jones-Drew. The talk is there. If anybody can make it ? not to talk down on anybody on the team ? David Wilson will make it. Everybody knows it.”

As special as he is on the field, Wilson is a young man of character, too. He joined the Fellowship of Christian Athletes chapter that his high school coach runs. Shortly after joining, and instead of taking three college recruiting visits, he went on a mission visit to Mississippi to rebuild homes devastated from Hurricane Katrina.

He qualified to a national track meet the last two years as one of the best triple jumpers in the country. He qualified again this year. But when Chuck Kyle called and asked him to be a part of Team USA, Wilson gave up the triple jump.

“This is much bigger,” Wilson said. “Instead of competing inside your country, you get to compete for your country. I couldn’t let this opportunity pass.”

That’s because his older brother, Ronald Wilson, is in the Navy stationed on the USS Ronald Reagan in San Diego. Patriotism runs in the family.

I would’ve followed my brother to the Navy if I hadn’t been as successful in football, Wilson said. Being able to play the game you love for your country is a big deal.

Yeah, sounds ’bout right.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-02-2009, 09:59 AM
it seems whoever does an interview with Lache is "seriously in the mix" with him.

From Rob Lewis of Rivals.com(VolQuest):

"As unlikely as it sounds we're hearing that they're seriously in the mix with Seastrunk. I would be hard-pressed to see them closing that one with the RB's on campus, but we keep hearing he's looking hard at Tennessee."

cdub11
07-02-2009, 10:21 AM
it seems whoever does an interview with Lache is "seriously in the mix" with him.

That one is going to be a roller coaster until signing day

CashmoneyDrew
07-02-2009, 12:07 PM

I just don't see any way an elite runningback signs with us this year. Brown, Oku, and Toney Williams have us on lock down for a couple of years, and Tennessee isn't like USC. We can't pull a 5 star RB every year.

Hines
07-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Considering his athleticism, toughness, character, and production, I would be suprised if David Wilson isn't the best, or at least one of the best, back in the country in a few years.

Virginia Tech. has been on fire with runningbacks lately. Then possibly Zack Zwinak this year (FB/ RB hybrid for us) and Clifton Richardson (probable Rivals 250 athlete next year, prefers RB but could play almost any position. Check out his film).

I love it!

Clifton Richardson is a beast. I want him to play Safety for Penn State.

wicket
07-02-2009, 12:17 PM
joey, I know i am a year early but what do you think about wayne lyons?

Sniper
07-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Let the Buckeye propaganda begin...

http://duanelongreport.com/2009-articles/july/why-rod-smith-may-be-the-most-important-get-of-the-class.html

Rod Smith is a special back. I think he is clearly the #1 back in the country this year. The only back that belongs in the conversation is Marcus Lattimore from S.Carolina. He reminds me a great deal of Chris Wells but he is better. He reminds me more of Darren McFadden than Wells.

:rolleyes:

wicket
07-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Let the Buckeye propaganda begin...

http://duanelongreport.com/2009-articles/july/why-rod-smith-may-be-the-most-important-get-of-the-class.html

:rolleyes:

luckily he probably wont even qualify for ohio state probably. besides that, ive seen film off him and he is good but he isnt that special either

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Do VT posters expect Clifton Richardson to be part of their '11 class?

kwilk103
07-02-2009, 02:33 PM
wvu has a big lead with bell glades safety travis bell

has some pretty big offers---miami, florida, uga, fsu, lsu

Hines
07-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Andrew Carswell, Paul Jones' teamate and WR, commits to Pitt. Good pickup for Pitt.

kwilk103
07-02-2009, 02:50 PM
wvu also in top 2 for lb troy gloster

keylime_5
07-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Buckeyes get a commitment from kicker Drew Basil. Championship.

Sniper
07-02-2009, 06:42 PM
wvu also in top 2 for lb troy gloster

Who's the other?

Dior Mathis has a top 2 of Michigan State and Oregon. Not too surprising as there have been many rumblings that Michigan has cooled on him significantly.

kwilk103
07-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Who's the other?

Dior Mathis has a top 2 of Michigan State and Oregon. Not too surprising as there have been many rumblings that Michigan has cooled on him significantly.

stanford, hes visiting there this weekend or next

michigan is in his top 4 (forget the 4th, mich st?), but hasnt visited, and not sure if he will

and hes deciding before his season starts

Hines
07-02-2009, 08:11 PM
I thought Dior Mathis was a U lock at one point?

draftguru151
07-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Like last September. We've basically been ignoring short CBs this year.

ToldLikeItIs
07-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Scherff, Donnal within the next week.

Doubt Beau Allen 'bites' on the offer, that also goes for Gaston.

Thanks, Philb.

Predictions won't be as consistent, I'm in France studying abroad or broads.

iowatreat54
07-02-2009, 09:29 PM
I know it's not 100% definite, but Scherff has said all along that he wants to wait until fall to decide after visiting gameday at Iowa and NU, I believe.

What makes you predict he's going to pull the trigger now? (Just wondering)

etk
07-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Like last September. We've basically been ignoring short CBs this year.

It took me a while before I put 2&2 together. lol. I thought we whiffed on Tai-ler Jones, Mathis, Joyner, Riggs, etc for a while.

We've got some DB rules now, for better or worse. I prefer undersized CBs to oversized ones, but we'll see. Kent was our only oversized guy and he's probably gone for good.

sbh15
07-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Miami takes a commitment from Gainesville LB Kevin Nelson...

backing off of Jeff Luc. If so, I assume this increases UF's chances and makes it a UF/FSU battle.

draftguru151
07-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Pahokee 3* LB Zachary Allen commits to Wake Forest.

CashmoneyDrew
07-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Palardy committed to the Vols today like expected.

BamaFalcon59
07-03-2009, 12:35 AM
Clifton Richardson is a beast. I want him to play Safety for Penn State.

Do VT posters expect Clifton Richardson to be part of their '11 class?

Yeah. We're in great position for Richardson. A very respected poster on our Rivals site said there is a good chance a top five 2011 Virginia player would commit to us soon. The top five are Dominique Terrell, Curtis Grant, Melvin Robinson, Landon Turner, and Richardson according to Virginia Preps.

We are in decent position for all of them, but more so for Grant and Richardson. When I brought up Grant, another very respected poster says we will probably get him but it will take time.

So I'm guessing Richardson. Which would be a great get.

Curtis Grant is a manimal, though.

ToldLikeItIs
07-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Treat, ride the Told wave
Appreciate for more negative rep
I've been right more than anyone on this board in 2010
Feels good

ToldLikeItIs
07-03-2009, 02:19 AM
Feels good

Newbs24
07-03-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't think Michigan has cooled on Dior but more that he is playing the recruiting game more than other Techies. He wants to announce late now that Miami cooled on him. I think if Michigan really wants him they can grab him. Kid has talent and I think they would make room for him in this class. He has upside at either corner or slot. Kid is a burner. I think if they get Cullen soon and possibly another CB, they may really amp it up on him to close out this class in the secondary.

iowatreat54
07-03-2009, 12:05 PM
That's cool, but you didn't really answer my question.

Scherff has said all along he's waiting until after visiting gamedays at both Nebraska and Iowa, because I don't think he's been to either, before deciding.

What makes you think he is going to decide now, besides just the told hunch?

GB12
07-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Feels good
Your poetry is beautiful.

etk
07-03-2009, 02:17 PM

backing off of Jeff Luc. If so, I assume this increases UF's chances and makes it a UF/FSU battle.

Miami's always gonna be in the mix because he's a Miami fan and we're his dream school. Don't kid yourself pal.

I'd kinda feel bad for UF fans tho if Ajagbe is your only LB for 2010.

Feels good

Told's latest gold: he can see the future.

iowatreat54
07-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Miami's always gonna be in the mix because he's a Miami fan and we're his dream school. Don't kid yourself pal.

I thought that was obvious from his past successes in recruiting posts...

etk
07-03-2009, 02:23 PM
I thought that was obvious from his past successes in recruiting posts...

Those Rivals guys will get it together on Derby's rank soon enough. If they don't, we'll all just turn a blind eye.

/sarcasm

JoeyJr09
07-03-2009, 02:26 PM

Who says we are backing off of Luc?

Just because we took another LB?

Luc is the top LB on our coaches board (Followed by Christian Jones). We wont be backing off of Luc at all.

This was more indicative of the fact we missed on Ogletree and know Jones aint coming then it is of anything having to do with Luc.

ToldLikeItIs
07-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Prose
Treat, believe
Francais has that effect on an American
I have met two Hawkeye fans already

703SKINS202
07-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Trevor Demko, a 6-foot-6, 225-pound defensive end from Mount Carmel Area (Mount Carmel, Pa.), has committed to West Virginia's 2010 recruiting class.

Read some pretty good things about him although I've never heard of him.

kwilk103
07-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Read some pretty good things about him although I've never heard of him.

supposedly tore it up at our camp

sbh15
07-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Who says we are backing off of Luc?

Just because we took another LB?

Luc is the top LB on our coaches board (Followed by Christian Jones). We wont be backing off of Luc at all.

This was more indicative of the fact we missed on Ogletree and know Jones aint coming then it is of anything having to do with Luc.

I meant to say are they backing of him...

And even if Ajagbe is the only LB, we still have Jenkins and Bostic, and if we take Luc, well I might just cry.

JoeyJr09
07-03-2009, 11:35 PM
I meant to say are they backing of him...

And even if Ajagbe is the only LB, we still have Jenkins and Bostic, and if we take Luc, well I might just cry.

I'm much more worried about FSU with Luc then UF. Despite the rumors ATM.

Hollywood
07-04-2009, 02:09 AM
Pahokee 3* LB Zachary Allen commits to Wake Forest.

I always thought Allen along with Michael Lee Harris were the two guys that would never get offers from UM despite everyone thinking otherwise.

ToldLikeItIs
07-04-2009, 07:41 AM
Derby made Bell look stupid at the Oklahoma camp
Rating will reflect such
Also a Hawk

JoeyJr09
07-04-2009, 09:36 AM
I always thought Allen along with Michael Lee Harris were the two guys that would never get offers from UM despite everyone thinking otherwise.

Harris has a verbal offer, not sure if he can commit ATM.

But Allen most def had a full offer. He could have committed to us if he wanted. It was a matter of position for him.

BlueGoldGreen
07-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Why is Derby listed as an ATH instead of QB?

wicket
07-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Why is Derby listed as an ATH instead of QB?

cuz he would prolly be something else then qb if he goes to a big program
TE maybe?.

Sniper
07-04-2009, 01:50 PM
cuz he would prolly be something else then qb if he goes to a big program
TE maybe?.

I hate to defend Told. Really, I do. However, I think that the reason Derby's an ATH is because he was initially ranked as a safety. He can play a bunch of positions at the next level. The kid can play.

wicket
07-04-2009, 01:54 PM
I hate to defend Told. Really, I do. However, I think that the reason Derby's an ATH is because he was initially ranked as a safety. He can play a bunch of positions at the next level. The kid can play.

ow i agree with every single point in this. I would really like to have derby at ND but that aint gonna happen

kwilk103
07-04-2009, 03:58 PM
who all do you think gets invited to elite 11 camp next month?

i know barry brunetti (wvu commit) has already been confirmed; hes at steve clarksons camp in hawaii right now (montana, moon and leinart are 3 of the counselors)

others at the clarkson camp are austin hinder (cal), nick montana (washington), austin hinder (cal), blake bell (ou)

wicket
07-04-2009, 06:12 PM
joey, I know i am a year early but what do you think about wayne lyons?

bump
jep i know bumping my own post is sad but i really do wanna know about this guy more
any other florida guy is also good obviously, just wanna know as much as i can, he seems really interested in ND and the first things iver heard makes it sound like he is a SICK prospect

Sniper
07-04-2009, 07:42 PM
who all do you think gets invited to elite 11 camp next month?

i know barry brunetti (wvu commit) has already been confirmed; hes at steve clarksons camp in hawaii right now (montana, moon and leinart are 3 of the counselors)

others at the clarkson camp are austin hinder (cal), nick montana (washington), austin hinder (cal), blake bell (ou)

Devin Gardner should be one. He was a ball-boy last year and has only gotten better.

IrishTrojan
07-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Dion Bailey and Jessie Scroggins will commit to USC by the end of july.

CashmoneyDrew
07-04-2009, 10:07 PM

Who's your source?

BRAVEHEART
07-04-2009, 10:15 PM

I dont like it. I know it sounds crazy, but we just don't need them. They are great prospects, but they just create a log jam at posistions. There are rumblings that Tony Jefferson might go somewhere else if dion baily commits.

IrishTrojan
07-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Who's your source?

A "insider"
After RSC it was basically a forgone conclusion, they are just waiting to announce it publicly which will probably be at the elite 11 camp.

IrishTrojan
07-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I dont like it. I know it sounds crazy, but we just don't need them. They are great prospects, but they just create a log jam at posistions. There are rumblings that Tony Jefferson might go somewhere else if dion baily commits.

maybe, maybe not..
Jefferson is just looking for attention, plus he is a bit of a tweener.

BRAVEHEART
07-04-2009, 10:54 PM
maybe, maybe not..
Jefferson is just looking for attention, plus he is a bit of a tweener.

My this is, is dion baily worth losing tony jefferson? Scrogg is good, but he'll be riding on the bench for years. Both guys are extreme luxaries at this point.

IrishTrojan
07-04-2009, 11:05 PM
My this is, is dion baily worth losing tony jefferson? Scrogg is good, but he'll be riding on the bench for years. Both guys are extreme luxaries at this point.

Both Jefferson and Bailey are luxuries at this point after last years class. Jefferson is too small to be anything other than a WLB and not good enough in coverage to be a S. Bailey is very good in coverage. Scroggins will be the no.1 QB in this class, and will help greatly getting Woods.

wicket
07-05-2009, 01:48 AM
i dont buy bailey already announcing, scroggins seems like pretty much a done deal to me as well

JoeyJr09
07-05-2009, 01:53 AM
bump
jep i know bumping my own post is sad but i really do wanna know about this guy more
any other florida guy is also good obviously, just wanna know as much as i can, he seems really interested in ND and the first things iver heard makes it sound like he is a SICK prospect

Not the best LB in Florida next year but a high caliber prospect nonetheless.

Denzel Perryman is the truth at LB in the state next year. Followed closely by Karlos Williams and Arrington Jenkins.

Wayne Lyons is in the next grouping after those elite guys and is gonna be a top 250 guy assuming Rivals gets their act together on the state rankings for FL (they are brutal this year).

Lyons is very athletic and has a nose for the ball, plus he's productive to boot. He is on the smallish side but alot of people are in love with his raw tools. He's gonna be very highly recruited and plays at a powerhouse program that has produced tons of D-1 talent over the years.

It's extremely early but rumors are he's very much open. Seeing as Perryman and Arrington are huge Cane leans and Karlos Williams seems destined to go to FSU with his brother, Lyons is a pretty good bet to be the most highly recruited LB in state because he literally could head anywhere. He is wide open from what I understand.

Kid is gonna be a heck of a pickup for someone.

IrishTrojan
07-05-2009, 02:38 AM
i dont buy bailey already announcing, scroggins seems like pretty much a done deal to me as well

Bailey was always going where Scroggins was. Notre Dame didnt have a chance there, although they are the clear leader for Parker.

wicket
07-05-2009, 03:54 AM
Bailey was always going where Scroggins was. Notre Dame didnt have a chance there, although they are the clear leader for Parker.

I'll take that, dont agree with either tbh (think you'll get parker cuz of byron moore) but i would be more than happy if it turns out that way.

IrishTrojan
07-05-2009, 04:05 AM
I'll take that, dont agree with either tbh (think you'll get parker cuz of byron moore) but i would be more than happy if it turns out that way.

well i get most my info from here...
the guy is pretty good at getting info from all over..
http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php/topic,7052.0.html

wicket
07-05-2009, 04:25 AM
cheers I'll pass it on ;), no seriously I dont now how to rate the info but I like the Parker news (and think that it is also really good news for Jordan James)

wicket
07-05-2009, 08:51 AM
My first version of the ND mock class:
QB Andrew Hendrix 4/3* Tommy Rees 3*
RB Jordon James 4* Cameron Roberson 4*
WR Bennett Jackson 3/4* Daniel Smith 3/4* Justin McCay 4/5*
TE Alex Welch 4*
OT Christian Lombard 3/4* Matt James 4* James Stone 4*
DE Chris Martin 5* Blake Lueders 4*
DT Beau Allen 3/4* Bruce Gaston nr/3*
LB Kendall Moore 4/3* Prince Shembo nr/3*
CB Lo Wood 3* Spencer Boyd 3* Joshua Shaw 3/4*
S Sean Parker 4/5* Chris Badger 3* Dietrich Riley 4*
Ath Anthony Barr 4*

Total 24 recruits
I think we will get one more OLineman but I dont see one of our current offers as a certain enough thing to include as well. My pick of guy still to get offered is Ian Gray Jr, project guy out of texas (but son of former nd player)
Guys with 5* possibilities imo
Current commits

ToldLikeItIs
07-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Iowa class.. IMO

QB - AJ Derby, Robert Bolden (new info)
RB - Andre Dawson, Joseph Randle
WR - Shakim Phillips, Corey Reeder
TE - Cj Fiedorowicz, Austin Vier
OT - Andrew Donnal, Brandon Scherff
OG - Travis Jackson
C - Donovan Johnson
DE - Mike Hardy, Matt Hoch, Louis Trinca Pasat
DT - Carl Davis, Anthony Ferguson
OLB - Ishmael Thomas, James Morris
MLB - Austin Gray, Jim Poggi
CB - Don Shumpert
S - James Manuel, Isaiah Lewis (Ohio State can't offer)

I'm not putting Seantrel or Nick Demien on this list, but I feel better about Seantrel than Nick, that's for sure.

ATH - Drake Ferch

ToldLikeItIs
07-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Bolden info might not be good, I just heard it was. He's going to be on campus soon. Pretty sure Marlandez Harris would spurn Indiana for Iowa or Illinois if an offer comes late as well.

I would consider that the best class in Ferentz' tenure, without a doubt.

Jonny
07-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Why do you keep listing Phillips, he's not going to Iowa.

lol, Bolden

ToldLikeItIs
07-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Phillips has Iowa #1.

Not kidding.

Hines
07-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Dakota Royer has commited to a school, but won't make it public because he wants to do it as a press conference at his school in the next couple of weeks. I think he is a Lion.

MaxV
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I hope he's a Lion.

Sniper
07-06-2009, 12:28 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09187/982125-100.stm

PA QB Paul Jones, a Penn State commit, broke his ankle playing basketball and might miss his senior year.

superman8456
07-06-2009, 12:41 PM

PA QB Paul Jones, a Penn State commit, broke his ankle playing basketball and might miss his senior year.

I dont really know what to say to that. This kind of injuries linger for a while and I hope he doesnt miss his senior year.

JayP
07-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Justin Utupo, 3* DE from Cali, just committed to ND. I don't think he's been to campus yet, so this is kinda out of the blue. I'm looking for a link, but he's listed under ND's commits on Rivals.

Here's a youtube highlight video of the kid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45CQhAF40LY

Hines
07-06-2009, 02:04 PM
Bolden info might not be good, I just heard it was. He's going to be on campus soon. Pretty sure Marlandez Harris would spurn Indiana for Iowa or Illinois if an offer comes late as well.

I would consider that the best class in Ferentz' tenure, without a doubt.

I still think Bolden is a Lion, especially after this PJ update.

Wierd. Our Scout guy said that he would be out for a few weeks and would be ready for his season.

Sniper
07-06-2009, 05:53 PM
http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=877398

MI QB Robert Bolden announcing on Friday between Oregon, Penn State and Louisville.

iowatreat54
07-06-2009, 06:04 PM
http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=877398

MI QB Robert Bolden announcing on Friday between Oregon, Penn State and Louisville.

But Told said he was coming to Iowa... :(

703SKINS202
07-06-2009, 06:05 PM

We can't all be perfect. Cut him some slack though, he has after all been the most right in 2010.

Sniper
07-06-2009, 06:07 PM

He's just building up drama by committing to a school now and de-committing for Iowa on NSD.

bigbenn
07-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Milton now says he's leaning to the Vols...WTF...I'll believe he goes there when he officially commits and then signs but it would be shocking to say the least.

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I can't imagine Royer will be anything but blue & white. Seems to be good friends (latest Farrell article stated this, and I've seen it many times before) with PSU WR Graham Zug, same school as Dakota - Manheim Central. Royer said he was trying to visit Zug recently but he was at the US Open...went on to say that visit may happen this week. I'd imagine that could be a good time to commit when he gets up to PSU and hangs out with Zug.

As for Bolden...I'm not expecting PSU, but at the same time, how can it not be PSU? HAH. I guess it could be Oregon even though he never visited either Oregon or Louisville...Oregon seems flashy, flashy/jazzy uniforms, top notch facilities, offense, conference (Pac-10)...

BRAVEHEART
07-06-2009, 06:51 PM
I can't imagine Royer will be anything but blue & white. Seems to be good friends (latest Farrell article stated this, and I've seen it many times before) with PSU WR Graham Zug, same school as Dakota - Manheim Central. Royer said he was trying to visit Zug recently but he was at the US Open...went on to say that visit may happen this week. I'd imagine that could be a good time to commit when he gets up to PSU and hangs out with Zug.

As for Bolden...I'm not expecting PSU, but at the same time, how can it not be PSU? HAH. I guess it could be Oregon even though he never visited either Oregon or Louisville...Oregon seems flashy, flashy/jazzy uniforms, top notch facilities, offense, conference (Pac-10)...

He'd be a good fit over there.