PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

iowatreat54
07-06-2009, 06:58 PM
He's just building up drama by committing to a school now and de-committing for Iowa on NSD.

Ah, makes sense. What a huge relief. :)

Hines
07-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I say Bolden to Penn State. Out of those three schools, Penn State is the only one he has visited not once, but a couple times.

BRAVEHEART
07-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Pahokee DT Richard Ash names the University of Southern California as his leader? :confused:

Didn't see that coming, I knew he was intrested though. I still think he goes to FSU in the end, but this is still good news.

ToldLikeItIs
07-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Just what I heard..
I didn't believe it either
Once again, Donnal and Scherff soon..
Scherff is an absolute hoss too

IrishTrojan
07-07-2009, 02:24 AM
Ash is interesting.. but i think he stays in the south.. He started off underrated, now he is sorta overrated

BRAVEHEART
07-07-2009, 03:25 AM
Ash is interesting.. but i think he stays in the south.. He started off underrated, now he is sorta overrated

A lil, yeah. He's mainly potential. Whatever happened to Delvin Jones? That dude is lke damaged goods, nobody cares about him anymore. He sucks, but has tons of potential.

wicket
07-07-2009, 04:03 AM
grabbing utupo will help with ND's pursuit of bailey, not saying we are gonna grab him but still

BRAVEHEART
07-07-2009, 04:12 AM
grabbing utupo will help with ND's pursuit of bailey, not saying we are gonna grab him but still

without scrogg, i feel that your chances are slim.

JoeyJr09
07-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Pahokee DT Richard Ash names the University of Southern California as his leader? :confused:

Didn't see that coming, I knew he was intrested though. I still think he goes to FSU in the end, but this is still good news.

He was never really interested in FSU. UF was the team that was leading for a long time. I think they cooled on him alot which is why the interest in USC now.

IrishTrojan
07-07-2009, 06:02 AM
bailey and scroggins are going to usc

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-07-2009, 08:20 AM
He'd be a good fit over there.

He would. But last I knew, Oregon didn't take verbals from prospects that haven't visited...so it is kind of useless even having them as a finalist if they won't take your verbal. I could see Oregon continuing to push throughout for an unofficial/official visit, but I get the feeling that Bolden, as well as Bolden's family, have been enamored with PSU since the '08 season.

I could see why they'd think RB could be extremely successful doing the kinds of things we did all season with Daryll Clark...no offense to MSU as they've clearly moved on with Boisture, but Bolden wouldn't be fully utilized as a starter in that offense. Some people are saying that even if/when Bolden commits his recruitment will be far from over, but I actually see it the other way....I see this like the Tate Forcier/Michigan situation last year...Forcier wanted Michigan in the worst way and it was extremely clear. I think Bolden or his family want PSU in the worst way.

I just hope this doesn't impact PJs commit. I'm not sure how you keep Kevin Newsome, Paul Jones, and Robert Bolden all happy if the latter two enroll early/sign a LOI...we couldn't even keep Daryll Clark and one top 5 QB prospect in Pat Devlin happy.

wicket
07-07-2009, 11:18 AM
QB Tommy Rees commits to ND, most interesting offers were tennessee and stanford, we are on quite the recruiting roll

JayP
07-07-2009, 12:30 PM
QB Tommy Rees commits to ND, most interesting offers were tennessee and stanford, we are on quite the recruiting roll

I like this little roll right here. While there are some naysayers on some Irish boards about taking a 2nd QB, it was a must, otherwise ND was looking at the possibility of 2 scholarship QBs once Clausen leaves.

I'll have to check out some film on Rees, but considering the offers he had, he must be pretty good.

wicket
07-07-2009, 12:46 PM
I like this little roll right here. While there are some naysayers on some Irish boards about taking a 2nd QB, it was a must, otherwise ND was looking at the possibility of 2 scholarship QBs once Clausen leaves.

I'll have to check out some film on Rees, but considering the offers he had, he must be pretty good.

lot of upside, lot of work to be done. bit more of a pure passer than hendrix but quite similar in that they are projects but good ones

BigJohn98
07-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Wicket, what have you heard about Riggs?

wicket
07-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Wicket, what have you heard about Riggs?

at the moment he is really concerned about weis having to go but I think that if ND starts really well to the season he will still be irish if his spot isnt taken (would be by joshua shaw or maybe Kacey Rodgers). If there are still questions about weis sticking around my guess is he would end up in florida although georgia and fsu are both possibilities as well. What works in favor of us is that he is close to currend ND commit Lo Wood and Spencer Boyd who will anounce within a few weeks and of whom I'd be shocked if he werent irish.

iowatreat54
07-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Wow, I gotta give you props Told.

Scherff just verballed.

Sniper
07-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Wow, I gotta give you props Told.

Scherff just verballed.

He'll probably be right on Donnal as well.

iowatreat54
07-07-2009, 03:29 PM
He'll probably be right on Donnal as well.

I hope. It seems like he is waiting for an OSU offer. While that may never come, or may come extremely late, I think I saw someone break down that OSU has a bunch of young OL that will be ahead of him, whereas Iowa is graduating a bunch in the next 2 years. Hopefully he doesn't wait forever, and if that offer does come, he doesn't bite.

keylime_5
07-07-2009, 03:33 PM
yeah, but the thing is we have Mike Adams who will be a true junior (and isn't proven yet) at left tackle, then we have young project Sam Longo behind him and no one after that (except maybe Reid Fragel who is currently a tight end). We need a left tackle in this class and we seem to be holding out on the longshot hope that we get Seantrel Henderson or Matt James to fill that spot. Seems like Donnal would be next in line but he'll be decided before they would offer him, so I think Michael Dennis is more realistic to become a Buckeye eventually with Donnal being a Hawkeye signee.

Sniper
07-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I hope. It seems like he is waiting for an OSU offer. While that may never come, or may come extremely late, I think I saw someone break down that OSU has a bunch of young OL that will be ahead of him, whereas Iowa is graduating a bunch in the next 2 years. Hopefully he doesn't wait forever, and if that offer does come, he doesn't bite.

Well, he's probably looking at a redshirt year either way, and OSU has more interior OL right now than tackles.

iowatreat54
07-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Well, he's probably looking at a redshirt year either way, and OSU has more interior OL right now than tackles.

Ok, that makes sense. So, is the main reason OSU hasn't offered because they are holding out hope for the bigger talents? If so, I'm hoping OSU doesn't realize it until after this season and it's too late. :)

Sniper
07-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Ok, that makes sense. So, is the main reason OSU hasn't offered because they are holding out hope for the bigger talents? If so, I'm hoping OSU doesn't realize it until after this season and it's too late. :)

Yeah. They're trying to get Seantrel Henderson (then again, who isn't?) and OH OT Matt James, who has OSU in a final three with Notre Dame and Cincinnati. Apparently, OSU isn't in great shape with either.

JayP
07-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah. They're trying to get Seantrel Henderson (then again, who isn't?) and OH OT Matt James, who has OSU in a final three with Notre Dame and Cincinnati. Apparently, OSU isn't in great shape with either.

From what I've heard about James, Cincinnati is leading, followed by ND and OSU in that order. Massa verballing to UC has James thinking hard about following. Hendrix knows James and is trying to sway him to ND, but it isn't going so hot at the moment.

keylime_5
07-07-2009, 05:54 PM
I've heard that about James also, but I can't help but think that the Massa verballing to Cincy might have just caused this to be a rumor that started, though good shot that it's legit. It doesn't hurt that James' dad went to Cincinnati and that they are the hot team in the big east right now with a good recruiter as their HC. It might be hard to say no to Notre Dame in the end.

JayP
07-07-2009, 06:22 PM
I've heard that about James also, but I can't help but think that the Massa verballing to Cincy might have just caused this to be a rumor that started, though good shot that it's legit. It doesn't hurt that James' dad went to Cincinnati and that they are the hot team in the big east right now with a good recruiter as their HC. It might be hard to say no to Notre Dame in the end.

I agree about the Cincy bit and the rumor. James has been big on ND for some time, but having a friend headed to UC with him may be too much of a draw for ND to overcome.

wicket
07-07-2009, 06:29 PM
I agree about the Cincy bit and the rumor. James has been big on ND for some time, but having a friend headed to UC with him may be too much of a draw for ND to overcome.

meh he is also friends with both hendrix and welch (not as good a friends but still) and actually quite good friends with kyle rudolph

JayP
07-07-2009, 11:50 PM
meh he is also friends with both hendrix and welch (not as good a friends but still) and actually quite good friends with kyle rudolph

I've read that too. It all boils down to who is a better friend and what school he feels more comfortable with. I'm hoping it's ND. James, Stone, and another OL would make me feel better about this class.

BigJohn98
07-07-2009, 11:54 PM
These are the people expected to be at the Seminole Showtime camp:

2010 recruits

QB Jeffrey Godfrey (7-on-7)
QB Anthony Gonzalez (wants to attend Showtime)
RB Brandon Gainer (7-on-7)
WR Kenny Shaw
WR Christian Green (July 10th and Showtime)
WR Chris Dunkley
WR De’Joshua Johnson
WR Malcolm Johnson (July 10th)
WR Joshua Reese (7-on-7)
WR Jarred Haggins
WR Markeith Ambles
WR Robert Johnson
WR James Boone
TE Neil Basford
OL Ed Christian
DE Anthony Williams (July 10th)
DE Darious Cummings
DE Corey Miller
DE/DT Brandon Willis
DE/DT Tavaris Barnes
DT Shawn Green
DT Damien Jacobs (July 11th to Showtime)
DT Elliott Porter (July 11th-12th)
LB Jeff Luc
LB Christian Jones
LB Telvin Smith (deciding between Dawg Night/Showtime)
LB/S Jeremiah George
CB Cody Riggs
CB Lamarcus Joyner
CB Merrill Noel
CB Peniel Jean
CB Keion Payne
CB Terrence Brooks
CB Rashad Knight
CB T.J. Mutcherson
S Chad Abrams
ATH Stanley Lyons (July 11th, will likely work at DB)

DE J.R. Ferguson isn’t camping, but plans to visit around July 25th

2011 recruits

QB Christian LeMay
RB Jeremy Hill (July 12th)
OL La’El Collins (July 12th)
OL Trey Pettis
DE Ray Drew (July 10th)
DE Patrick Lavan
CB Nick Waisome (July 12th)
CB Tyler Hunter
ATH Karlos Williams

ToldLikeItIs
07-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Donnal real soon
Dawson could be before that
DE Tobi Okeyumi is all about the Hawkeye business right now as well

Tha Boss
07-08-2009, 02:34 AM
**** is the 700 number for squat on rivals really what Jeff Luc is throwin up?

BigJohn98
07-08-2009, 07:47 AM
**** is the 700 number for squat on rivals really what Jeff Luc is throwin up?

It's quite possible that it is. FLAVarsity did a video interview with him and in the last 20 seconds they showed him working out. He was doing tricep extensions with all of the weight on the machine. The guy is a rare specimen.

BamaFalcon59
07-08-2009, 09:40 AM
David Wilson
5'11" 195 pounds
4.31 40 yard dash
605 squat

A year older but still. Beastmode.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-08-2009, 11:05 AM
slim chance but a chance nonetheless.

CASSIUS MARSH, DL, 6-3, 275, 4.9, WEST LAKE VILLAGE (CHRISTIAN), CAL

Ive pretty much narrowed it down to USC, California, Oklahoma and LSU. The only schools Im visiting for sure are USC and California. I know I will be taking my visits there. These (schools) are etched in stone. Far as Oklahoma goes Im not too sure. Marsh said

They (LSU) are a national championship team, they win every year and send players to the NFL and I have family that lives in Baton Rouge. Marsh said

I dont know much about LSU other than the football team. I might take a visit there this fall on an official. Marsh said

http://www.huskerjournal.com/recruiting.html

IrishTrojan
07-08-2009, 11:19 AM
do not want.. unless he is 6'5 and will play OG.

Tha Boss
07-08-2009, 11:27 AM
It's quite possible that it is. FLAVarsity did a video interview with him and in the last 20 seconds they showed him working out. He was doing tricep extensions with all of the weight on the machine. The guy is a rare specimen.

Ya i saw that, but **** if you got a 230 lb in coming senior squatin 700 fukin lbs, i know ive never heard of somethin like that, with numbers like that he is already physically ready to play in the nfl.

Tha Boss
07-08-2009, 11:31 AM
David Wilson
5'11" 195 pounds
4.31 40 yard dash
605 squat

A year older but still. Beastmode.

wered you get 605 i could only find 525. But i guess it has been a year since those numbers came out. Impresive either way

JayP
07-08-2009, 11:39 AM
Ya i saw that, but **** if you got a 230 lb in coming senior squatin 700 fukin lbs, i know ive never heard of somethin like that, with numbers like that he is already physically ready to play in the nfl.

All of the freakish numbers for Luc just lead back to an argument I've seen here already regarding Luc being a finished product physically and only room to grow mentally. That's a risky proposition for a college coach. I don't think college coaches are wired to understand that a incoming freshman is as physically as good as he will ever get.

BamaFalcon59
07-08-2009, 12:04 PM
wered you get 605 i could only find 525. But i guess it has been a year since those numbers came out. Impresive either way

Yeah, that is on his Rivals profile. But on a guy on our Rivals board who I reckon works on Beamerball.com says that Wilson says those are his most recent testing numbers. And a 315 bench, which is also good. But 605 squat and a 4.31 40? Wow.

Wilson is also a great person. Dressed for school every day, shirt and tie. Played for the junior football team in the tournament in order to represent his country. Says if he didn't make it big in football he would have followed his brother to the Navy.

Oh, and he may make the Olympics with his skill in the triple jump.

:).

kwilk103
07-08-2009, 12:43 PM
rivals 250 rb braylon heard commits to wvu

latwan anderson names wvu his leader

Hines
07-08-2009, 01:01 PM
rivals 250 rb braylon heard commits to wvu

latwan anderson names wvu his leader

Good pickup with Heard. Would've loved to have offered him, but Penn State's class was small.

kwilk103
07-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Good pickup with Heard. Would've loved to have offered him, but Penn State's class was small.

did as a db

Hines
07-08-2009, 01:14 PM
did as a db

I am not 100 percent sure it was a written offer. Verbal offer, yes, but written I am not so sure about.

ToldLikeItIs
07-08-2009, 03:47 PM
AJ Derby to Iowa could happen before Donnal fwiw.

StackJaxx
07-08-2009, 03:52 PM
slim chance but a chance nonetheless.

http://www.huskerjournal.com/recruiting.html

I was pissed when he decommited from cal. We still have a chance, but its not certain and i'm not thrilled with competing with USC and the SEC.

kwilk103
07-08-2009, 05:17 PM
according to farrell, wvu could be the team to beat for wr ivan mccartney

Hines
07-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Khairi Fortt is visiting this weekend for Lift for Life. Looks like a done deal to Penn State.

BRAVEHEART
07-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Khairi Fortt is visiting this weekend for Lift for Life. Looks like a done deal to Penn State.

He's a good pick-up. I wanted USC to go after him earlier in the year.

CashmoneyDrew
07-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Tennessee finally offered California quarterback Chase Rettig today. Probably a sign that they know Scroggins is USC bound.

BRAVEHEART
07-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Tennessee finally offered California quarterback Chase Rettig today. Probably a sign that they know Scroggins is USC bound.

yeah, bye bye Tony Jefferson. :(

ToldLikeItIs
07-09-2009, 01:47 AM
I hate travelers cheques
Donnal, Derby
Iowa has changed their approach
Trey Millard TE MO

JoeyJr09
07-09-2009, 07:10 AM
All of the freakish numbers for Luc just lead back to an argument I've seen here already regarding Luc being a finished product physically and only room to grow mentally. That's a risky proposition for a college coach. I don't think college coaches are wired to understand that a incoming freshman is as physically as good as he will ever get.

I don't think he's as physically good as he'll ever get.

Your just looking at muscle.

Coaches of ways of making players a little faster, more agile, more flexible and things of that nature and those can make a drastic impact on players like Luc that already have an NFL body muscularly.

BigJohn98
07-09-2009, 10:23 AM
That's just like when Nigel Bradham came to FSU. He looked physically ready for the NFL. He's arguably the strongest guy on the team, and he's getting faster and more agile now. Luc hasn't reached his peak yet.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Corvin Lamb named LSU his #1. He's a 3* RB from Florida with 4.3 speed. Quick enough to be our Trindon Holiday and big enough to be a feature back (if needed). I think we're not holding out on Lache anymore.

ToldLikeItIs
07-09-2009, 11:49 AM
Cj Fiedorowicz to Illinois
Painful but true
Crow crow

ToldLikeItIs
07-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Although, I could easily see this changing, however that goes for any commit at any school.

bigbenn
07-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah!! CJ to Illinois baby! Now let's get Prater officially on board and it's a wrap. Talk about match-up nightmare when you add them to the WR's who will be on campus....WOW...

ToldLikeItIs
07-09-2009, 11:57 AM
For the time being, Illinois.

wicket
07-09-2009, 12:01 PM
congrats illini, you have a big big pickup there

bigbenn
07-09-2009, 12:25 PM
For the time being, Illinois.

I don't think he's going to change unless UI tanks the season (Highly unlikely) because he isn't even taking visits to anywhere else.

HindSight
07-09-2009, 01:08 PM
He'll change when Seantrel Henderson signs to Iowa, and right after Tebow transfers to Iowa to be a player/coach.

JayP
07-09-2009, 01:31 PM
I don't think he's as physically good as he'll ever get.

Your just looking at muscle.

Coaches of ways of making players a little faster, more agile, more flexible and things of that nature and those can make a drastic impact on players like Luc that already have an NFL body muscularly.

I agree with that partially. I think in this case the result would be moderate, not drastic. He could shave a few 100ths off of his 40 and add some more pounds to his bench max. But he's a pretty good player as is. I'd be more prone as a coach just to leave him the hell alone.

Question for those who follow football in Luc's area....what is the competition like there? I just watched Luc's Sunshine preps vid, and it looks like no O-lineman Luc and his team faced have any idea what staying on a blocking assignment it. What's up with that?

ToldLikeItIs
07-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Hindsight continues to be the best poster on NFLDC
Or if Illinois conveniently doesn't use their TE
Zook basically offered him an entire change of offense
I still him to be a Hawk in the end

HindSight
07-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Interesting. If you weren't so full of crap year after year, somebody might take notice of a claim like that.

I hope you're not basing it completely off the hope of Illinois not using their TE this year.

bigbenn
07-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Interesting. If you weren't so full of crap year after year, somebody might take notice of a claim like that.

I hope you're not basing it completely off the hope of Illinois not using their TE this year.

Nevermind wrong poster

bigbenn
07-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Hindsight continues to be the best poster on NFLDC
Or if Illinois conveniently doesn't use their TE
Zook basically offered him an entire change of offense
I still him to be a Hawk in the end

Zook didn't offer him an entire change of anything...lol this is just sour grapes. They have an NFL TE, one of the best in the country, so any smart staff is going to use him properly. UI does use their TE, just not as much in the past. Part of that problem was Juice was having trouble with quick hitters over the middle. Don't post on stuff you don't know.

HindSight
07-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Lol this is funny coming from you. I'm basing off the fact that CJ isn't taking anymore visits.
I wasn't talking to you, dumbass.

iowatreat54
07-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Zook didn't offer him an entire change of anything...lol this is just sour grapes. They have an NFL TE, one of the best in the country, so any smart staff is going to use him properly. UI does use their TE, just not as much in the past. Part of that problem was Juice was having trouble with quick hitters over the middle. Don't post on stuff you don't know.

Well, in Told's defense to Illinois not using their TE, I think he meant that in Juice's tenure they've used the TE less than Iowa did last season alone.

I haven't followed Illinois earlier than the past 4 years, so idk if they used the TE more prior to Juice's arrival or not.

This obviously doesn't mean they won't use the TE moving forward, however.

bigbenn
07-09-2009, 03:01 PM
I wasn't talking to you, dumbass.

Oh my bad, I thought this was Told posting.:rolleyes: I could've sworn that was Told when I looked at the poster. My bad, but did you really have to call me a dumbass?

HindSight
07-09-2009, 03:30 PM
No, and I got infracted for it. I thought you thought I was talking to you.....and I couldn't possibly figure out why that was.

Sorry. :)

JayP
07-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Well, in Told's defense to Illinois not using their TE, I think he meant that in Juice's tenure they've used the TE less than Iowa did last season alone.

I haven't followed Illinois earlier than the past 4 years, so idk if they used the TE more prior to Juice's arrival or not.

This obviously doesn't mean they won't use the TE moving forward, however.

So since it's out there, what's the general consensus of the top schools to utilize the TE position to the fullest? I mean actually throwing the TE the ball with some consistency, blocking schemes where the TE is key, etc.

iowatreat54
07-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Well, considering we always have average at best WRs, the TE is pretty much Iowa's #1 target in the passing game and they are usually very good blockers, seeing as we are a power running team.

wicket
07-09-2009, 04:14 PM
iowa is indeed a good one, wisconsin an even better pick if you ask me, we have had a pretty good te streak over the few years, miami used to, can think of a few others if you give me some time probably

JoeyJr09
07-09-2009, 04:47 PM
I agree with that partially. I think in this case the result would be moderate, not drastic. He could shave a few 100ths off of his 40 and add some more pounds to his bench max. But he's a pretty good player as is. I'd be more prone as a coach just to leave him the hell alone.

Question for those who follow football in Luc's area....what is the competition like there? I just watched Luc's Sunshine preps vid, and it looks like no O-lineman Luc and his team faced have any idea what staying on a blocking assignment it. What's up with that?

I meant drastic as to how it will impact his game on the field. Not how it will measure as far as workout results.

Having that little extra burst and that little extra speed or that explosion in his breaks can make a huge difference for a MLB that is built the way Luc currently is.

As far as his competition level down there. While certainly not the best the state has to offer, it isn't bad either. It'd probably rate out to an above average competition level. Probably more or less the same was what guys like Spencer Boyd and Jaylen Watkins face over on the west coast of FL.

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Congrats to the Illini.

BPhilb
07-09-2009, 10:12 PM
So since it's out there, what's the general consensus of the top schools to utilize the TE position to the fullest? I mean actually throwing the TE the ball with some consistency, blocking schemes where the TE is key, etc.

Missouri is making a run at TE U with Martin Rucker and Chase Coffeman recently and Andrew Jones looking to carry the toarch going forward.

Hollywood
07-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Missouri is making a run at TE U with Martin Rucker and Chase Coffeman recently and Andrew Jones looking to carry the toarch going forward.

Don't the players have to be good (or even anything average) in the NFL to even think about getting a 'Position U' label?

FatJJ44
07-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Looks like RB Austine White is deciding next Wednesday. Things look good for Michigan

Sniper
07-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Looks like RB Austine White is deciding next Wednesday. Things look good for Michigan

I'm skeptical.

FatJJ44
07-09-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm skeptical.

He just said in a recent article that Michigan was his leader. I think he might be worried about losing his spot to Clements. Maybe the coaches are pushing him to commit now

Sniper
07-09-2009, 10:56 PM
He just said in a recent article that Michigan was his leader. I think he might be worried about losing his spot to Clements. Maybe the coaches are pushing him to commit now

For some odd reason, I think he's just ******* with Michigan and is going to commit to MSU.

BPhilb
07-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Don't the players have to be good (or even anything average) in the NFL to even think about getting a 'Position U' label?

I said "making a run". There is a chance of that happening in future considering one just got drafted and the other is just in his 2nd year. That said from a college perspective they are one of the top teams in having the TE's involved in the offense which I guess is the real point of the question.

draftguru151
07-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Both were really just big WRs.

FatJJ44
07-09-2009, 11:15 PM
For some odd reason, I think he's just ******* with Michigan and is going to commit to MSU.

Eh, all I really care about is that we get either him, Clements, or maybe Clay still.

HindSight
07-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Miami if they can get a QB, Iowa, ND, Wisconsin, Missouri...

Oklahoma because they have a beast. I don't know if they threw as much before Gresham.

Ohio State

edit: looks like everybody already said my first group.

ToldLikeItIs
07-10-2009, 12:53 AM
The top pro style offenses for TE are USC, Iowa, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Miami, if you want to include blocking AND receiving, in my opinion.

ToldLikeItIs
07-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Iowa had x3 the production from the TE position Illinois did last year

Hoo Hoo is your top option right now? Benn, Fayson, Hawthorne Heights ...

ToldLikeItIs
07-10-2009, 12:57 AM
I'm saying
Kid seems wish washy with his stuff
"The coaches seemed like my best friends"
Huh???
Could easily see him making the move
Not like he's been solid Illini for even a month yet
I still like Iowa chances
We may not accept him however after Trey Millard
also not convinced he's a willing blocker

HindSight
07-10-2009, 02:12 AM
yeah, he's no good now that he's not going to Iowa. I bet if he changed his verbal to Iowa he would be a great blocker.

ToldLikeItIs
07-10-2009, 07:15 AM
He was never a good blocker, and will probably never have to be now that he's going to Illinois, assuming he stays with the commitment.

Hines
07-10-2009, 09:22 AM
As expected, Robert Bolden to Penn State. Wow, who would've known that Penn State would land 3 top quarterbacks in 2 years. This should be an awesome battle for the starting quarterback job in 2010/2011.

BPhilb
07-10-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm saying
Kid seems wish washy with his stuff
"The coaches seemed like my best friends"
Huh???
Could easily see him making the move
Not like he's been solid Illini for even a month yet
I still like Iowa chances
We may not accept him however after Trey Millard
also not convinced he's a willing blocker

Told,

Millard is still at his top 5 from everything I'm hearing. What are you hearing that makes you so confident?

ToldLikeItIs
07-10-2009, 01:09 PM
I hear we're #1 and could receive a commitment shortly after Oklahoma picks up Brian Vogler.

MaxV
07-10-2009, 01:45 PM
As expected, Robert Bolden to Penn State. Wow, who would've known that Penn State would land 3 top quarterbacks in 2 years. This should be an awesome battle for the starting quarterback job in 2010/2011.

Yeap, great get.

I'm pretty sure that one of Bolden or Jones will redshirt his first year.

With a year under his belt in the system, Newsome will probably be the front-runner for the starting spot, but from what I understand both Jones and Bolden are more polished passers. We'll see.

ToldLikeItIs
07-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Serious dual threat QB talent at PSU.

Bolden prevails imo.

draftguru151
07-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Virginia is a better TE school than most mentioned so far.

Hines
07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeap, great get.

I pretty sure that one of Bolden or Jones will redshirt his first year.

With a year under his belt in the system, Newsome will probably be the front-runner for the starting spot, but from what I understand both Jones and Bolden are more polished passers. We'll see.

Yeah, Newsome is a very raw passer, but I heard during the BW Game he showed growth in his passing. Paul Jones has a rocket arm, and Bolden is a better runner. Should be a great battle. Penn State has a shot at a recruiting title, or to say the least, a top 5.

DoWnThEfiElD
07-10-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah, Newsome is a very raw passer, but I heard during the BW Game he showed growth in his passing. Paul Jones has a rocket arm, and Bolden is a better runner. Should be a great battle. Penn State has a shot at a recruiting title, or to say the least, a top 5.

I have to imagine 1 will transfer or switch positions. I think Newsome could easily grow into a linebacker.

MaxV
07-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Newsome can easily project to another position with his athleticism.

But the last time Penn State had an athletic QB with mediocre passing ability was in '05 with Michael Robinson. They averaged 35+ points per game and came a couple of seconds away from a possible undefeated season.

This offense could be ideal for Newsome.

Sniper
07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Serious dual threat QB talent at PSU.

Bolden prevails imo.

I think Jones is better than Bolden.

Hines
07-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I think Jones is better than Bolden.

Only thing Bolden has on Jones IMO is running ability. Other than that, I would pick Jones.

bigbenn
07-10-2009, 03:46 PM
He was never a good blocker, and will probably never have to be now that he's going to Illinois, assuming he stays with the commitment.

I wouldn't say never a good blocker, he just hasn't had to much. He certainly is going to have the size and strength and plans on working hard on blocking (His words) so he'll be alright.

BPhilb
07-10-2009, 03:52 PM
I hear we're #1 and could receive a commitment shortly after Oklahoma picks up Brian Vogler.

Interesting. I haven't seen that. I don't see him coming to Mizzou as he appears to want to get out of state but I didn't get the sense he was real close. If you get him you will be getting a good player, though I think he is best served as a LB in college.

TigerBait45
07-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Corvin Lamb named LSU his #1. He's a 3* RB from Florida with 4.3 speed. Quick enough to be our Trindon Holiday and big enough to be a feature back (if needed). I think we're not holding out on Lache anymore.

I think he wants LSU a little more than LSU wants him right now.

He seems like he's kind of an unknown..he had to transfer away from Seminole (I think it was) because he wasn't getting any carries. This upcoming year might be the first shot he gets at being the guy.

I dunno he looks fast but there's something about him that I can't really say impresses me. He looks like he'd be a good addition just for special teams.

Don't give up on Lache just yet.

wicket
07-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Notre Dame picks up a solid commit with 4* lb Kendall Moore

bigbenn
07-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Huge pickup for PSU. I thought Bolden was all MSU just a short time ago. What happened? Either way, glad he is staying in the B10.

Sniper
07-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Huge pickup for PSU. I thought Bolden was all MSU just a short time ago. What happened? Either way, glad he is staying in the B10.

Joe Boisture happened.

BigJohn98
07-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Lamarcus Joyner is spending a week in Tallahassee. Only a matter of time...

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-12-2009, 02:22 AM
I think as far as being a quarterback I'd rank the 3 as Jones, Bolden, Newsome. Of course I don't know what kind of leaders or *gamers* any of the 3 will be, but I do like Newsome's style...as passers I'd rate it the same (Jones, Bolden, Newsome). Ability to be a play-maker as far as athleticism in the pocket or out of the pocket (legs or arm), I am tempted to put Bolden 3rd, with Newsome 1st (athletically Newsome is flat out superior). Jones gets slept on as an ATH because of his 40 time but he is a legit 4.7-ish type guy, and it is his play-making in the pocket with his legs (escapability/moves) that puts him ahead of Bolden. As far as athleticism it would undoubtedly be Newsome, Bolden, Jones...but there are many different types of athleticism (IMO).

I still like Newsome's chances heading into the '10 season, but I obviously want to see more as he backs up Clark this year...we will know whether we are in trouble against 'Bama early in '10 if Newsome isn't up to the task...that would mean he starts and plays horribly, or a TR FR (early enrollee or not - PJ is expected to enroll early but he also broke his ankle a few weeks ago) is under center.

BigJohn98
07-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Lamarcus Joyner said he will make his decision by week two of his season. He says he wants to get it out of the way so he can do some recruiting of his own. I'd be surprised if he doesn't commit anytime this week.

keylime_5
07-12-2009, 04:23 PM
our recruiting is really boring right now b/c we only have about 5 offers out to guys who we might have a realistic shot at landing right now. We need to offer more people, esp. instaters.

Hines
07-13-2009, 08:55 AM
Our Scout guy has said that Marcus Lattimore has Penn State in his top 5 and Penn State will get an official visit. Sick, but I think he goes to one of the Carolina's.

wicket
07-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Our Scout guy has said that Marcus Lattimore has Penn State in his top 5 and Penn State will get an official visit. Sick, but I think he goes to one of the Carolina's.

im calling auburn (partially because i want it to be auburn)

HindSight
07-13-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't understand why Penn State fans are getting excited about that kid.

keylime_5
07-13-2009, 09:45 AM
Looks like Florida, USC, Oklahoma and Ohio State will get official visits from Seantrel. Not sure who his last official would go to, possibly Florida State. He's been to Minny and Michigan unofficially, he might not use an official on one of them.

iowatreat54
07-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Andrew Donnal commits to Iowa this morning.

Sniper
07-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Andrew Donnal commits to Iowa this morning.

http://iowa.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=964439&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Told's success rate this recruiting season has been above his self-proclaimed career average of 15%.

BigJohn98
07-13-2009, 11:04 AM

South Carolina leads followed by FSU. He says he's looking forward to see how each of the teams in his top five do this year. I don't think SCAR will be that great, and I think FSU snags Lattimore.

And i thought he hasn't even released his top five yet?

BigJohn98
07-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Looks like Florida, USC, Oklahoma and Ohio State will get official visits from Seantrel. Not sure who his last official would go to, possibly Florida State. He's been to Minny and Michigan unofficially, he might not use an official on one of them.

I'd like our chances if Trickett gets in his ear. I don't like that Florida gets an official.

HindSight
07-13-2009, 01:16 PM
are these "predictions" by told even predictions, or is it the same stuff you can get from any Iowa message board? I could run over here every time I read something Buckeye related and pretend it was a prediction if I was that much of a loser.

bigbenn
07-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Big pickup for the Hawkeyes, one that has looked likely for a while now. I could see him being your next first round OL.

HindSight
07-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Big pickup for the Hawkeyes, one that has looked likely for a while now. I could see him being your next first round OL.
makes me wonder wtf Ohio State is doing with their offers.

ToldLikeItIs
07-13-2009, 02:27 PM
I always call them two weeks in advance, minimum.

Dawson, Derby.

Yeah I'm shooting about 90%. Not bad.

bigbenn
07-13-2009, 02:32 PM

Dawson, Derby.

You're not 90% but you haven't done that bad this year surprisingly...

CashmoneyDrew
07-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Chase Rettig committed to Boston College this morning. Volnation is in a stupor of a panic. :D

bearsfan_51
07-13-2009, 02:47 PM

Dawson, Derby.

What were you right about Derby on?

And you're wrong on anything you've said so far about Seantrell.

Sniper
07-13-2009, 03:02 PM
What were you right about Derby on?

And you're wrong on anything you've said so far about Seantrell.

Also see Fiedorowicz, C.J.

HindSight
07-13-2009, 03:19 PM

Dawson, Derby.

but are you "calling them", or just posting what is well known info for anybody with a scout or rivals account?

Sniper
07-13-2009, 03:20 PM
HindSight, are you expecting a flurry of OSU offers soon? Seems like they're being almost overly selective with their offers.

HindSight
07-13-2009, 03:38 PM
HindSight, are you expecting a flurry of OSU offers soon? Seems like they're being almost overly selective with their offers.
Everything I'm hearing is they're being selective because next year will be such a big year. Whatever. I don't think now is the time to be playing around with recruiting. Vince Young wasn't VINCE YOUNG until his last year....and that year for Pryor is either next year or the year after. Stock up on the supporting cast while you have the superstar.

Sniper
07-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Everything I'm hearing is they're being selective because next year will be such a big year. Whatever. I don't think now is the time to be playing around with recruiting. Vince Young wasn't VINCE YOUNG until his last year....and that year for Pryor is either next year or the year after. Stock up on the supporting cast while you have the superstar.

Where do you want them to add talent at? Receiver?

HindSight
07-13-2009, 03:48 PM
OL and DL. I view WR talent as a luxury.

I'm probably getting caught up in star rankings and recruiting battles though. Give me Braxton Miller next year and I'm good to go.

Sniper
07-13-2009, 03:52 PM
OL and DL. I view WR talent as a luxury.

Well, you said "supporting cast", so I just assumed WR, TE and RB. At least you have Norwell at OT. Are you expecting Jamel Turner to make it to Columbus?

I'm probably getting caught up in star rankings and recruiting battles though. Give me Braxton Miller next year and I'm good to go.

That other Miller kid, the DE, looks really good, too. From what I hear, he's all OSU, all day.

keylime_5
07-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Turner sounds like he's gonna wind up in Juco if he graduates. I'm excited about the 2 Millers. Steve Miller looks insane in those camp videos of him. Lots of good DEs, QBs, and WRs in Ohio next year for sure.

As far as recruiting this year, those guys will more or less be a part of the supporting cast of whatever QB starts after Pryor, likely B.Miller. The supporting cast for TP was formed in the 2007, 2008 and 2009 classes.

Sniper
07-13-2009, 04:45 PM
NJ QB Joe Brennan commits to Wisconsin over Miami.

http://wisconsin.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=964567&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

FatJJ44
07-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Sniper, you still unsure about Austin White?

Sniper
07-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Sniper, you still unsure about Austin White?

I have this odd feeling that he's stringing UM along. Probably silly, but I'll be unsure with him until NSD.

FatJJ44
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Do you think he'll end up at MSU?

Marino13
07-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Austin White really REALLY likes Michigan, and has visited more during the summer than MSU. At the same time, like Sniper, I am cautious because his entire family is Sparty and he goes to a school that is mainly MSU.

Hines
07-14-2009, 07:49 AM
South Carolina leads followed by FSU. He says he's looking forward to see how each of the teams in his top five do this year. I don't think SCAR will be that great, and I think FSU snags Lattimore.

And i thought he hasn't even released his top five yet?

He hasn't but our Scout guy asked him if Penn State would make the final cut.

cdub11
07-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Dallas Skyline LB Corey Nelson committed to Texas A&M... big pick up for the aggies

DoWnThEfiElD
07-14-2009, 09:43 AM
you really think he will stick with them?

Sniper
07-14-2009, 09:52 AM

I'd put the odds of him signing with A&M at no higher than 20%.

cdub11
07-14-2009, 10:11 AM

I think he will, Texas and ou are both loaded with LB's.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Evan Washington commits to LSU 4* OL

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=77426

cdub11
07-14-2009, 12:54 PM

Great pickup by LSU! I really wanted Texas to go after him

wicket
07-14-2009, 01:00 PM

congrats, good pickup

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-14-2009, 01:10 PM
thanks. had some auburn people yapping that he was going to commit to them during the stars and stripes weekend.

TigerBait45
07-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Aubie has been yapping about getting anyone and everyone.

I don't think they'll get half the guys they think they will.

MaxV
07-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Alex Kenney to PSU.

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/879105.html

He's one of my favorites.

Sniper
07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Alex Kenney to PSU.

One of the worst-kept recruiting secrets...Congrats!

MaxV
07-14-2009, 03:12 PM
One of the worst-kept recruiting secrets...Congrats!

Recently, yes.

But as far as a month ago I, along with some other PSU fans, actually though that he was headed somewhere else.

Regardless, I'm glad we got him, speed is always welcome.

ToldLikeItIs
07-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Cj ends up a Hawk i still believe

Derby - Hawk, rivals100 (he will be), but yeah i was wrong on 5 star

Right on Scherff, Hoch, Poggi, Ferguson, Donnal, Hardy, Gray, Trinca Pasat

Wrong on Cj thus far, still have a chance to be wrong on Isaiah Lewis, had a snippet of info about Bolden as a wr for Iowa, but that went awry, hardly pushed it

Seantrel is still considering Iowa, as he should be

Trey Millard has Iowa as his leader

Derby and Dawson are commiting soon

What else have I been wrong about?

bearsfan_51
07-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Seantel doesn't give a **** about Iowa, as he shouldn't.

iowatreat54
07-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Didn't someone mention a page or two back that Seantrel listed 4 of his 5 officials, and it didn't include Minny or Iowa?

Idk if that was official or not though.

wicket
07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
seantrell is basicly down to usc florida osu and ou

Sniper
07-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Didn't someone mention a page or two back that Seantrel listed 4 of his 5 officials, and it didn't include Minny or Iowa?

Idk if that was official or not though.

There's speculation that he's choosing schools that are too far to visit unofficially. I'm fairly sure Seantrel knows what Minnesota looks like without having to waste an OV on it.

Sniper
07-14-2009, 04:25 PM
seantrell is basicly down to usc florida osu and ou

and Minnesota and Michigan. I think he goes to USC or Minnesota.

wicket
07-14-2009, 04:34 PM
and Minnesota and Michigan. I think he goes to USC or Minnesota.

I think he wants the big time and michigan (although big time usually) doesnt fit well, he is to big for the kind of spread rich rod runs imo, people (read: other schools recruiters) will make him realise that

Sniper
07-14-2009, 04:41 PM
I think he wants the big time and michigan (although big time usually) doesnt fit well, he is to big for the kind of spread rich rod runs imo, people (read: other schools recruiters) will make him realise that

I'm glad you've fallen for the "Rich Rod's offense doesn't ever have big OTs" fallacy. Nicely done.

Look at the tackles that Rodriguez has recruited in his time at Michigan.

'08 Dann O'Neill- 6'8", 290 pounds
'09 Taylor Lewan- 6'7", 280 pounds
'09 Michael Schofield- 6'6", 275 pounds

There's really no such thing as "too big" of an OT in terms of height unless it's, like, 6'10" or taller.

FL CB Spencer Boyd deciding on Friday between UM, ND, and Georgia. Probably Georgia.

wicket
07-14-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm glad you've fallen for the "Rich Rod's offense doesn't ever have big OTs" fallacy. Nicely done.

There's really no such thing as "too big" of an OT in terms of height unless it's, like, 6'10" or taller.

FL CB Spencer Boyd deciding on Friday between UM, ND, and Georgia. Probably Georgia.

Id be shocked if he chooses anything else than ND
edit: seriously that would be the biggest kick in the balls in this recruiting process

Hines
07-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Recently, yes.

But as far as a month ago I, along with some other PSU fans, actually though that he was headed somewhere else.

Regardless, I'm glad we got him, speed is always welcome.

I always knew Kenney was going to Penn State.

ToldLikeItIs
07-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Bearsfan, as usual, has no idea what he's talking about

Awesome curse word too

Professor?

JayP
07-14-2009, 06:25 PM

Actually, with the spread, you don't necessarily need massive tackles like a pro style offense does. The plays take less time to develop, and the longer developing plays have so much misdirection that D-Linemen can't really penetrate hard for fear of losing containment on their side. You just need a lineman who can make a small hole for the 10 billion 5'8 165 lb-ish WR/RB players RichRod goes after.

As far as Boyd goes, if Lo Wood has been leaning on him, he should be Irish. Not landing him would mean ND would have to go all out to get Kacy Rogers and Joshua Shaw to fill all of the corner spots. Corner would be dangerously thin if ND doesn't land 3 corners this year.

Sniper
07-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Actually, with the spread, you don't necessarily need massive tackles like a pro style offense does. The plays take less time to develop, and the longer developing plays have so much misdirection that D-Linemen can't really penetrate hard for fear of losing containment on their side.

I'm fully aware, but I was responding to the allegation that Henderson is "too big" for the spread. You need linemen that can move very well laterally and in space. Schofield and Lewan definitely fit that bill despite the fact that they're both very big.

You just need a lineman who can make a small hole for the 10 billion 5'8 165 lb-ish WR/RB players RichRod goes after.

Yes, that bastard. How dare he stock a position that's vital to his offense that had no players suited for it when he came aboard? What a complete idiot.

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-14-2009, 06:32 PM
It seems absurd to think Lattimore won't at least think about PSU.....

1. He is set to visit in July

2. He had previously talked numerous times about taking an official for the PSU vs. tOSU game

3. During Lattimore/Fortt's Auburn visit, Lattimore said Fortt was talking PSU up

4. Marcus Lattimore, as I type this, is the guest for tonights chat on the scout PSU forums....

wicket
07-14-2009, 06:51 PM
lol @ florida being in a position to turn down 4* guys who want to commit

iowatreat54
07-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Seantel doesn't give a **** about Iowa, as he shouldn't.

I don't really care if he's interested or not, but to say that he shouldn't be interested in Iowa when he clearly was in the past 6 months and Ferentz's record and respect from the NFL for developing OL, as well as Coach Doyle's strength program, is just a ridiculous comment.

I know you dislike Iowa, but come on, don't act like Iowa has nothing to offer an OL, or the fact that Minnesota offers more besides being home state, because that really is all they offer at this point. (I know he is talented enough to succeed at any top team in the country, I'm just pointing out that Iowa isn't as worthless as you make it seem.)

Sniper
07-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Id be shocked if he chooses anything else than ND
edit: seriously that would be the biggest kick in the balls in this recruiting process

You're right, I'm wrong. Misread a post when I got the info.

bigbenn
07-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Cj ends up a Hawk i still believe

Just let it go man lol...

yo123
07-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Bearsfan, as usual, has no idea what he's talking about

Awesome curse word too

Professor?

He doesn't think the best prospect in the country who can go anywhere he wants would want to live in Iowa for at least 3 years? Yeah, what a moron. Iowa isn't the only school that can develop offensive lineman.

ToldLikeItIs
07-15-2009, 04:14 AM
Do I need to go over this again?

Iowa isn't THE BEST..but certainly the most proven in the midwest

Seantrel wants to stay home close to dad

John Alt, his coach, is an ex Hawkeye lineman

Iowa certainly develops OL better than the closest local competition, Minnesota

He's visited four times

He is very familiar with the coaching staff

We have two current CDH players

Iowa does develop lineman better than 113 of the 118 D1 schools

Only better from a coaching standpoint, in my opinion, are Virginia, Boston College and it could be argued for any of the following: Wisconsin, Michigan, Oklahoma.

Sniper
07-15-2009, 07:51 AM
MI RB Austin White commits to Michigan!

I'm stunned that we were able to beat the "kings of in-state recruiting". Shocked!

http://michigan.scout.com/2/879249.html

Sniper
07-15-2009, 08:19 AM
Per Tha Ringer...

Delray Beach(FL) WR/CB James Louis has committed to Florida. He chose Florida over offers from Va. Tech, LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, Miami, UNC, Tennessee, Florida State, Alabama, and many more.

and...

Lakewood(CA) QB Jesse Scroggins and DB Dion Bailey will announce their decision on Thursday

BigJohn98
07-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Seems like FSU is still in the running for Eduardo Clements. His new top three is UGA, FSU, Michigan.

Lots of FSU fans think he commits either this week or next week.

DoWnThEfiElD
07-15-2009, 09:19 AM
MI RB Austin White commits to Michigan!

I'm stunned that we were able to beat the "kings of in-state recruiting". Shocked!

http://michigan.scout.com/2/879249.html

I'm really not too impressed with him.

Sniper
07-15-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm really not too impressed with him.

I like the pickup if it sticks. He's a good fit for the spread.

IrishTrojan
07-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Scroggins and Bailey will both commit to usc 2moro.

HindSight
07-15-2009, 10:35 AM
It seems absurd to think Lattimore won't at least think about PSU.....

1. He is set to visit in July

2. He had previously talked numerous times about taking an official for the PSU vs. tOSU game

3. During Lattimore/Fortt's Auburn visit, Lattimore said Fortt was talking PSU up

4. Marcus Lattimore, as I type this, is the guest for tonights chat on the scout PSU forums....
He's not going to a school in the north.

BRAVEHEART
07-15-2009, 11:43 AM
Scroggins and Bailey will both commit to usc 2moro.

bye bye tony jefferson.... :(

IrishTrojan
07-15-2009, 11:52 AM
bye bye tony jefferson.... :(

I dunno why your so sad.He could still end up at USC. Especially if Riley does end up at tennesse. Plus Bailey is a FS, Jefferson is a SS/LB.

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-15-2009, 02:45 PM
He's not going to a school in the north.

You seem so sure of yourself...but he won't even commit until the day prior to NLOID. Lattimore doesn't seem to care about weather at all either, and in fact last night during the chat said he loves cold weather. If PSU gets an official visit (I know he was saying for a while that Michigan could be in line for one but he has stopped talking about them and they aren't in his top 7-8 or whatever) you never know what could happen.

Just a few of the things Lattimore said:

-#21 for life.

-Has a cousin that lives near PSU, says distance won't be a factor and while the distance (to PSU) would be tough, having someone there would be his only concern (this is where he mentions that he is good friends with Khairi Fortt, and that they frequently talk).

-Knows Fortt and PSU commit Silas Redd...also says PSU OT commit Tom Ricketts has tried recruiting him some.

-QB Daryll Clark is his favorite current PSU player, RB LJ JR. his favorite past player. Says he expects PSU to repeat as Big 10 champs this year...when asked what he predicted for PSU this season.

-Talks about talking with Joe (real funny guy), tradition - says it is big at PSU and he loves it, loves the coaching staff. Being recruited by PSU TE/OLine coach Bill Kenney, OC Galen Hall, and DLine coach Larry Johnson.

And a lot more as well.

yo123
07-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Seantrel wants to stay home close to dad-Minnesota is closer than Iowa

John Alt, his coach, is an ex Hawkeye lineman-Who cares

Iowa certainly develops OL better than the closest local competition, Minnesota-I'll give it to you, but we aren't bad at it either.

He's visited four times-Sweet, he's visited us too and I'd say he's pretty familiar with the campus being that he lives 15 minutes away.

He is very familiar with the coaching staff-Again, CDH is 15 minutes from our campus, you don't think he knows our coaching staff?

We have two current CDH players-Uhhhh..we have 4 CDH players on our roster. Completely irrelevant point.

LizardState
07-15-2009, 03:28 PM
The Alabama Meat Mkt,

from Gary P. Smith of ClearChannel with contributions from Andrew Bone, with Kyle Prater video, WR prospect from Illinois, + the prospective future of Nashbville OT James Stone, who's leaning away from the Vols, maybe all the offseason barbed statements from Kiffin have turned him off ---

I hope the Tide can steal Corey Grant from underneath the Auburn War Chickens noses, Opelika is very close to Auburn, AL, & Tulsa bluechipper DeMarco Cobbs who has evidently eschewed SC from his list, from underneath Oklahoma. If anyone can get them, it's Saban. I see here they are already finessing 5-star-rated candidate Matt Elam also from the Sunshine State.

Urban Meyer's denials of interest in jumping ship to the Golden Dome could work to Saban's & the advantage of other HCs on the recruiting trail in the cutthroat SEC, that media attn. focused on Meyer & the defending champion Gators is like blood in the water to a great recruiter like Nick Saban.

Meat Market:

With the mid-summer football lull now reaching its perigee, business is about to start picking up again in Tuscaloosa. Beginning on Sunday, July 12th, and running through Wednesday, July 22nd, Alabama will hold its second and final high school camp of the summer. This four day period expects to be a big one for the Tide, as many current commitments will be in Tuscaloosa, along with several other prospects we are pursuing hotly, plus many other prospects looking to impress the Tide's coaches in an effort to earn the ever coveted crimson and white offer.
As I mentioned previously, space is becoming very limited in the Tide's 2010 class and thus the rate of commitments should begin to slow dramatically, but with that said summer camps are always a very active period, and no one should be surprised if the Tide adds more verbal commitments in the aftermath of the camp.
The hot talk of the past week has centered around Opelika athlete Corey Grant. The elusive Grant has told Andrew Bone that he is tiring of the recruiting process, and a decision is expected shortly. Previously it was a three team race between Alabama, Auburn, and Florida, but most now think the Gators are out and that Grant will stay in-state. For the Tide, Andrew Bone -- who, with a good personal relationship with Grant, is in a good position to know -- thinks the Tide leads, and he has also recently went on the record as saying that Grant has asked for one Alabama commitment's phone number (Philip Sims, I would imagine), and that he prefers to play slot receiver, not tailback.
On the other hand, Grant is from Opelika and that is the single worst place in the state of Alabama to recruit, and undoubtedly the Tide's coaches would prefer him be an out-of-state prospect over that. Furthermore, he does have legitimate interest in Auburn, and has taken several unofficial visits to the Tiger campus recently, including taking his father to meet with Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn. At this point I imagine it could go either way and he may still be undecided at this point. Hopefully he will commit to the Tide sometime this week, but if he delays his decision until this weekend, he may be tipping his hand by which camp he attends. Alabama has a big camp this weekend, as does Auburn, and if he shows up at one of those two, that ought to tell you where he is headed. We'll just have to see how it plays out from here. There is plenty to feel positive about if you bleed crimson, but Auburn fans have plenty to feel positive about too, and there is enough out there to make you legitimately concerned as an Alabama fan. If the Tide can pull Grant, it'll be a huge recruiting coup literally from the heart of enemy territory. On the other hand, if Chizik and company can do the trick, Grant will be the first Auburn commitment from a prospect that Alabama pursued heavily since Mike McNeil committed to the Tigers in January of 2007. Fingers crossed.

Demarco Cobbs recently attended the big summer camp at USC, and most thought the Trojans were his leader after that. Later reports had Cobbs trying to commit to USC, but Carroll and company chose not to accept his commitment, all of which seemed highly likely when Cobbs revealed his top six a few days later and the Trojans were nowhere to be found. This could all be great news for the Tide. USC ought to be out of the picture now, Oklahoma often struggles to get players out of Tulsa area, Texas almost always stays solely in-state in its recruiting, and Arkansas doesn't seem to be in serious contention. Given his very close relationship with Alabama head coach Nick Saban, the smart money may very well be that he ends up in Tuscaloosa. It's obviously still very early and that could easily change, but you do have to feel a bit bullish right now on our chances with Cobbs.

Victor Beasley continues to send his stock through the roof. He recently dominated a Scout.com 7-on-7 camp in (Birmingham suburb) Mountain Brook, and it's only a matter of time before he gets a big boost from the recruiting "experts." It's obvious that the Tide has a huge lead here, but his parents are not going to let him commit until later in the year after he's taken some official visits, namely to Duke (Beasley is a great student as well, hence the interest here). Ordinarily that would be cause for concern, but Beasley himself told Andrew Bone that he didn't care what schools offered down the stretch, he had already gotten the one offer he wanted all along. Again, things can change, but for now it looks like Beasley will wear crimson.

Speaking of theoreticals, if things hold as expected with Victor Beasley, you really do have to wonder what that does for the Tide's recruitment of LaDarius Owens. We have gone very hard after him to this point, and I think he's very high on our staff's overall board. On the other hand, with most expecting C.J. Mosley to end up in Tuscaloosa, why bother with Owens? He would play outside linebacker at Alabama, and with Mosley, Beasley, and (probably) Devonta Bolton in this class -- not to mention already having Jerrell Harris and Jonathon Atchison in Tuscaloosa -- exactly what is the marginal value of getting a guy like Owens at that point? At some point, the depth chart at linebacker simply makes the marginal value of getting him almost zero. Again, I think he's a fine player who will do well in the SEC, but as long as things go as expected with Beasley, you cannot help but wonder if we'll quickly turn a bit indifferent on the Jess Lanier product.

And speaking of C.J. Mosley, most still still feel optimistic on the Tide's chances with him. He will be visiting Auburn for their one-day camp on the 18th, but considering he will likely be in Tuscaloosa for our camp immediately after that, it shouldn't be that big of an issue. Furthermore, with a bad season likely in store for Auburn, they will probably hit their peak with Mosley this weekend, and if they cannot get the job done then (which no one expects them to), you really just have to think it won't happen. Mosley has played it quite this summer, visiting only one camp, the first Alabama summer camp. He did not attend the Big Cat Weekend. Also, it's quite nice to hear Mosley speak so well so frequently of Alabama's academics, as he is a very good student in the classroom and that will likely be a determining factor in his ultimate decision. We'll have to wait a while on this young man, but things still look good for the Tide.

One of the bigger surprises of the week has been Nashville's offensive tackle prospect James Stone. Many previously considered the highly-touted, highly intelligent Stone as likely going to Tennessee, but recent rumblings have many Tennessee fans worried that the Tide may very well go into the state and get top talent. I had previously written off Stone a bit, but I think we should keep a closer eye on him now.

The other big surprise of the week came from Illinois wide receiver Kyle Prater. Many experts consider the 6'5 Prater the #1 receiver in the country, and he has generally spoken highly of the Tide, but no one really expected a whole lot out of it. Despite that, Prater surprised many last week when he announced his final four schools as Alabama, Illinois, Oklahoma, and USC. In particular, Philip Sims has been in contact with Prater, and it now seems that the Tide will be getting an official visit from him. I imagine he probably ends up with the Illini, but anything can happen, and it's great to see the Tide in such strong contention for a recruit that we would normally never even have on our radar screen.

Kyle Prater video :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lw1CWfk9JSo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rollbamaroll.com%2F&feature=player_embedded

Vincent Sanders has continued to make people think it's an Alabama v. Mississippi State battle for his services. Many expected him to follow his 2009 teammate Pat Patterson to Oxford, but with him deciding the skip the upcoming Ole Miss camp, that seems less and less likely. At this point, I doubt Patterson has a firm offer from the Tide, but he's going to wait until closer to NSD to announce, and if we want him, you have to like our chances of getting him. As an aside, normally it would help his case that he is a versatile athlete that could play safety, but with Nick Perry and Jarrick Williams on board, not to mention Keenan Allen still out there, I do not see us taking him on as a safety, so that probably does not help his chances with the Tide that much.

Hopefully this weekend will be the weekend that we lock up the services of tight end Brian Vogler. This is all speculation on my part, but Vogler has said before that he wants to have an overnight trip to Tuscaloosa before he commits, and I would hope that he would come up for the camp this weekend, stay overnight, and commit shortly thereafter. Most think we'll eventually get Vogler, and considering he plans on making his decision before the start of the high school football season (which, to most recruits, means the start of Fall practice) you would reasonably have to expect something to come fairly soon. Again, hopefully we can seal the deal for Mr. Vogler in the coming days.
Finally, we'll close with some quick hitters...

Rivals will be releasing the updated Rivals 100 and Rivals 250 next Monday, and the initial team rankings will be announced the following Monday. Keep your eye on Harrison Jones in the coming couple of weeks. We'll find out this week if Pinson (Valley, Birmingham suburb) defensive lineman Carlos Gray will get an Alabama offer before the season starts. Lincoln tailback D.J. Howard may get an Alabama offer, depending on his camp performance. Philip Sims turned in a great performance at the Super Seven quarterback camp in Hawai'i over the Fourth of the July weekend; he may get his fifth star with Rivals next week. The Tide may turn up the heat on Louisiana wide receiver prospect Curtis Carter if we miss on Corey Grant. Ditto for Kenny Shaw, though FSU currently leads for him. Bobby Massie has still not qualified at Ole Miss, and is currently taking two summer classes at an undisclosed high school in an attempt to do so. Five-star Florida commitment Matt Elam now plans to take an official visit to Alabama.

Sniper
07-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Copying and pasting an entire article without providing a link is kind of a dick move.

CashmoneyDrew
07-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Vols fans are not worried about James Stone at all. A quick trip to volnation.com proves that. And in fact, James Stone is a guy who seems like he's going to take a while to make his decision and that works in favor of Tennessee as opposed to Alabama. Also, James Stone is from Nashville, not Memphis and it's always going to be harder for out of state teams to pull those Nashville kids away from Tennessee as opposed to Memphis. In fact, I don't really even consider Memphis a part of Tennessee.

wicket
07-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Vols fans are not worried about James Stone at all. A quick trip to volnation.com proves that. And in fact, James Stone is a guy who seems like he's going to take a while to make his decision and that works in favor of Tennessee as opposed to Alabama. Also, James Stone is from Nashville, not Memphis and it's always going to be harder for out of state teams to pull those Nashville kids away from Tennessee as opposed to Memphis. In fact, I don't really even consider Memphis a part of Tennessee.

Id worry about stone, he is really into ND

ToldLikeItIs
07-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Isaiah Lewis has dropped Iowa
Gnarley
I wasn't comparing Iowa to Minnesota
But I can
55-0

Sniper
07-15-2009, 05:31 PM
You can't really brag about beating a team that Nick Sheridan beat by 23 points. :D

ToldLikeItIs
07-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Joke, get out of my thread, thanks

yo123
07-15-2009, 05:45 PM
Isaiah Lewis has dropped Iowa
Gnarley
I wasn't comparing Iowa to Minnesota
But I can
55-0

Sweet, a fluke blowout win! It's not like we are still 39-33 all time against you.

Sniper
07-15-2009, 05:49 PM

"Your" thread? And I'm the joke? What a fantastic statement.

John Clay to Iowa. Let's bet five grand on it.

wicket
07-15-2009, 05:57 PM

like i said when i added yet another bit to your already insanely long red bar:
dude

CashmoneyDrew
07-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Id worry about stone, he is really into ND

Well yes, I see ND as more of a threat than Alabama right now. I just think in the end he'll be a Vol. Even though his high school coaches are apparently pushing him anyway but Knoxville. There's a chance Stone could end up at guard at Tennessee, so that might be the only thing keeping him wary of us right now. Jacques Smith is in his ear all the time too so that helps.

FatJJ44
07-15-2009, 08:06 PM
I really don't know where to put this so I'll just put it in here and the Big 10 thread. 09 Michigan DB recruit JT Turner has officially qualified. He's probably the most important recruit of the class.

BRAVEHEART
07-15-2009, 08:10 PM
I dunno why your so sad.He could still end up at USC. Especially if Riley does end up at tennesse. Plus Bailey is a FS, Jefferson is a SS/LB.

Riley is looking around? :(

damn....atleast it's tenn.

sbh15
07-15-2009, 09:06 PM
James Louis was being written off, but I'm happy we got him. Good player, not as risky as Ali or Patton.

Foosballphan
07-15-2009, 10:24 PM
yo123
-I'll give it to you, but we aren't bad at it either.

You have two lineman in the NFL and one of them has played in only 10 games, including zero last year. You did hire a new line coach but he hasn't proved anything yet.

JayP
07-16-2009, 12:05 AM
In no surprise, Spencer Boyd to ND.

Yeah, I know the announcement is Friday, but it seems a local paper pulled a dick move and stole the kid's thunder.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20090715/HSS05/90715047/1003/ACC

ToldLikeItIs
07-16-2009, 02:13 AM
Joke, you heard me.

Iowa only has 400% more OL in the NFL than Minnesota. No Big deal, and a respected, long-standing staff.

bearsfan_51
07-16-2009, 02:15 AM
yo123
-I'll give it to you, but we aren't bad at it either.

You have two lineman in the NFL and one of them has played in only 10 games, including zero last year. You did hire a new line coach but he hasn't proved anything yet.

It's not a matter of Minnesota being a better program than Iowa, it's a matter of choice for Seantrel.

He's either going to stay at home (Iowa City is not home to anyone from Minneapolis, not by any stretch of the imagination)

Or he's going to go to an elite program (Iowa is not an elite program to anyone that is a fan of an actual elite program, not by any stretch of the imagination)

There's absolutely no incentive for him to go to Iowa. None. It's a boring ass college town that hasn't won a Rose Bowl in however many years and has zero chance of winning a national title when he was there. You can say the same thing about Minnesota (except Minneapolis is actually fun), but Seantrel is from Minneapolis, he's not from Iowa. If he was from Iowa, I wouldn't be stupid enough to think we had a shot with him. That's the difference.

Sniper
07-16-2009, 05:32 AM
Joke, you heard me.

Iowa only has 400% more OL in the NFL than Minnesota. No Big deal, and a respected, long-standing staff.

Is that a no for the 5K bet, board clown?

wicket
07-16-2009, 05:35 AM
Is that a no for the 5K bet, board clown?[/QUOTE]

you know that you arent gonna get a concrete answer from him, that requires him telling something that makes sense

Sniper
07-16-2009, 05:38 AM
you know that you arent gonna get a concrete answer from him, that requires him telling something that makes sense

Maybe he can tell me the difference between Mitch King and Peria Jerry, too.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31651

Told never directly replies to being called out on his (many) bad calls.

Mitch King 30 TFL over a two year stretch, Peria Jerry can't touch that.

If you're going to make comments like that, at least do a little research. Jerry has had 32 TFLs the last two years, and I feel obligated to tell you that is two more than King so he can indeed "touch that".

Whatever. The ignore feature is a great one.

iowatreat54
07-16-2009, 05:51 AM
Without trying to be bias, the fact that you believe Iowa City is a boring as college town makes you look really foolish BF51. Iowa as a state is really boring, but if you've ever been to Iowa City you would know that it isn't boring. Most every school's fans that visit would agree.

I'm pretty sure you just hate Iowa, which is fair, but don't act like Minnesota is all high and mighty compared to Iowa, especially when comparing campuses and atmospheres where Iowa has received higher praise on more than one occasion.

ToldLikeItIs
07-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Betting is legal on these boards? I did not think it was.

If so, I will bet 50 against every hundred Jewel surpasses Minor by.

Given his desire to stay relatively close to home, Iowa will tailor his position needs the best, referring to Seantrel, considering the proximity.

ToldLikeItIs
07-16-2009, 06:17 AM
Joke because Sniper thinks he is hilarious, and just is not, at all, in fact he is quite unoriginal.

I am wrong a lot, but I am right too.

bearsfan_51
07-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Without trying to be bias, the fact that you believe Iowa City is a boring as college town makes you look really foolish BF51. Iowa as a state is really boring, but if you've ever been to Iowa City you would know that it isn't boring. Most every school's fans that visit would agree.

I'm pretty sure you just hate Iowa, which is fair, but don't act like Minnesota is all high and mighty compared to Iowa, especially when comparing campuses and atmospheres where Iowa has received higher praise on more than one occasion.
I've been to Iowa city numerous times, it's incrediby boring. Maybe I just don't have the mentality of a 20 year old redneck, but if you're comparing Iowa City to Minneapolis in terms of things to do with a serious look on your face, and calling me foolish...I simply don't know. It's a very rural college town. It's the northern equivalent to Gainseville. Joy.

bearsfan_51
07-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Given his desire to stay relatively close to home, Iowa will tailor his position needs the best, referring to Seantrel, considering the proximity.
I'm not even sure such a desire exists, I hope that it does. I've never really heard him out and out say that he'd rather be close to home.

In any event, Iowa City is about as similar to Minneapolis as Syracuse is to New York City. His Dad clearly seems to be pushing him to go to the elite programs, so it wouldn't be for the benefit of family for him to stay close to home.

At the end of the day I don't think he goes to Minnesota, but we have a chance. Iowa has no chance. None. Zero. Nada.

etk
07-16-2009, 09:51 AM
This argument is really stupid. Seantrel Henderson is not going to Iowa. 0% chance.

This reminds me of those WVU fans who think they have a shot at some of the top SFl guys.

"Oh but we got Eugene Smith and Steadman Bailey lolzorz"

DoWnThEfiElD
07-16-2009, 09:54 AM
If Henderson even mentions Iowa again in an interview I will be surprised.

HindSight
07-16-2009, 10:12 AM
You seem so sure of yourself...but he won't even commit until the day prior to NLOID. Lattimore doesn't seem to care about weather at all either, and in fact last night during the chat said he loves cold weather. If PSU gets an official visit (I know he was saying for a while that Michigan could be in line for one but he has stopped talking about them and they aren't in his top 7-8 or whatever) you never know what could happen.

Just a few of the things Lattimore said:

-#21 for life.

-Has a cousin that lives near PSU, says distance won't be a factor and while the distance (to PSU) would be tough, having someone there would be his only concern (this is where he mentions that he is good friends with Khairi Fortt, and that they frequently talk).

-Knows Fortt and PSU commit Silas Redd...also says PSU OT commit Tom Ricketts has tried recruiting him some.

-QB Daryll Clark is his favorite current PSU player, RB LJ JR. his favorite past player. Says he expects PSU to repeat as Big 10 champs this year...when asked what he predicted for PSU this season.

-Talks about talking with Joe (real funny guy), tradition - says it is big at PSU and he loves it, loves the coaching staff. Being recruited by PSU TE/OLine coach Bill Kenney, OC Galen Hall, and DLine coach Larry Johnson.

And a lot more as well.
I am sure of myself. You can list a thousand reasons why you would like him to go to Penn State, but none of them really matter.

DoWnThEfiElD
07-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Florida guys does Michigan have a serious shot at Tony Grimes when its all said in done in Feb?

CLong4Heisman
07-16-2009, 10:29 AM
If Henderson even mentions Iowa again in an interview I will be surprised.

Why would he want to go 8-4 for 3 years with Iowa orMinnesota when he can go to USC and go 11-1 or 12-0 and have the most exposure? Honestly, I dont care what he says about being close to his dad, you know USC will tell him that they'll do everything possible to get him down to the games.

HindSight
07-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Why would he want to go 8-4 for 3 years with Iowa orMinnesota when he can go to USC and go 11-1 or 12-0 and have the most exposure? Honestly, I dont care what he says about being close to his dad, you know USC will tell him that they'll do everything possible to get him down to the games.
Kids pick schools based more than on how good the team is.

Marino13
07-16-2009, 10:45 AM
with Michigan it sounds like we're done recruiting offense outside of OT unless somebody big unexpectedly commits.

bearsfan_51
07-16-2009, 10:48 AM
I don't think exposure will be a problem for Seantrel at all. I'm sure there are already NFL scouts that are watching him, and it's not like he's going to get big endorsement money as a lineman at any point in his life.

The bigger question, as you noted, is how important to him is it to win a national title and be at an elite program. If it's of vital importance, then Minnesota has no shot. But, a lot of his friends are on the team already, it's a 10 minute drive from his house, he could play basketball (which is an underrated aspect in his recruiting), and he does like the staff.

I don't think he'll end up at Minnesota (he certainly won't end up at Iowa), but you asked for some reasons, and those are a few.

As for the USC example, I'm actually skeptical just how hard they are recruiting him. I'm not sure Pete Tressell has even made a personal visit yet. I've said all along that if he does, I think Seantrel goes to USC, but if he doesn't I think Seantrel will view that as a slight (and rightfully so) and likely end up at either Ohio State, Florida, or Minnesota.

LizardState
07-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Copying and pasting an entire article without providing a link is kind of a dick move.

I had no link to list. Note that I listed authors & even contributors with credit lines. Yet I posted relevant info to the thread topic, complete with the video. That's 100% more than you provided, Sniper.

And you call other people "board clowns?" How did you last here this long with this consistent snarking? Stay in Canada, go snipe & troll somewhere else.

LizardState
07-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Well yes, I see ND as more of a threat than Alabama right now. I just think in the end he'll be a Vol. Even though his high school coaches are apparently pushing him anyway but Knoxville. There's a chance Stone could end up at guard at Tennessee, so that might be the only thing keeping him wary of us right now. Jacques Smith is in his ear all the time too so that helps.

I identified Stone as from Nashville didn't I? Sorry about the typo. Bama has a long history of recruiting from that city as do many programs like UGA & Ga. Tech. Kiffin & the Vols s/b all over Stone like white on rice now, they need to get the majority of the in-state talent to be at all competitive in the brutal SEC. And their o-line needs immediate help, their QBs were dinged like pinballs last season.

VoodooMonkey is right about his state, Memphis is more culturally & politically p/o northern Mississippi than p/o Tennessee. In the South they talk about the 3 States of Tennessee, the western 3rd centered at Memphis with lots of agriculture, the middle 3rd centered at Nashville with the hills, & the eastern 3rd at Knoxville with the Appalachian Mtns.

superman8456
07-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Why does everybody keep mentioning USC when talking about Henderson? OU and other big SEC schools still have a chance at him.

I think when its all said and done, he will be heading to OU.

Foosballphan
07-16-2009, 12:12 PM
It's not a matter of Minnesota being a better program than Iowa, it's a matter of choice for Seantrel.

He's either going to stay at home (Iowa City is not home to anyone from Minneapolis, not by any stretch of the imagination)

Or he's going to go to an elite program (Iowa is not an elite program to anyone that is a fan of an actual elite program, not by any stretch of the imagination)

There's absolutely no incentive for him to go to Iowa. None. It's a boring ass college town that hasn't won a Rose Bowl in however many years and has zero chance of winning a national title when he was there. You can say the same thing about Minnesota (except Minneapolis is actually fun), but Seantrel is from Minneapolis, he's not from Iowa. If he was from Iowa, I wouldn't be stupid enough to think we had a shot with him. That's the difference.

I don't think Iowa even has a 5% chance of landing Henderson, I was just pointing out that as far as developing lineman Minnesota has a poor track record.

keylime_5
07-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Minnesota hasn't really pulled in many talents like Henderson either. But I do know that, at least in the Mason days, that they took some average talents at OLine and coached them up into good linemen and had some pretty good offensive fronts. Now the Mason staff is gone, but that is about as relevant as their NFL track record.

I think a team's ability to produce at certain positions at the NFL level isn't as relevant for instate schools, while it can be very crucial for out of state schools. It can help but it won't hurt you as much.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-16-2009, 12:42 PM
word is Lache is skipping his weekend in Auburn to attend the LSU camp with Trovon Reed. good news if true.

HindSight
07-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Why does everybody keep mentioning USC when talking about Henderson? OU and other big SEC schools still have a chance at him.

I think when its all said and done, he will be heading to OU.
What? Are you talking about Seantrel Henderson?

BRAVEHEART
07-16-2009, 01:16 PM
As for the USC example, I'm actually skeptical just how hard they are recruiting him. I'm not sure Pete Tressell has even made a personal visit yet. I've said all along that if he does, I think Seantrel goes to USC, but if he doesn't I think Seantrel will view that as a slight (and rightfully so) and likely end up at either Ohio State, Florida, or Minnesota.

Yeah, pete and crew aren't going hard after him. It's either they aren't impressed or they know something that we don't.

superman8456
07-16-2009, 01:17 PM
What? Are you talking about Seantrel Henderson?

Yes. I am.

HindSight
07-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Yes. I am.
Are you being serious?

kwilk103
07-16-2009, 01:30 PM
This argument is really stupid. Seantrel Henderson is not going to Iowa. 0% chance.

This reminds me of those WVU fans who think they have a shot at some of the top SFl guys.

"Oh but we got Eugene Smith and Steadman Bailey lolzorz"

and geno wasnt a top guy?

and dont forget ivan mccartney this year:)

BRAVEHEART
07-16-2009, 01:32 PM
and geno wasnt a top guy?

and dont forget ivan mccartney this year:)

Ivan is a top guy for sho.

Sniper
07-16-2009, 02:06 PM
EDIT: I'm not going to start an argument with someone who doesn't know what the **** they're talking about.

HindSight
07-16-2009, 02:24 PM
you've started plenty with me :D

CashmoneyDrew
07-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Dion Bailey committed to to USC. Huge surprise.

BRAVEHEART
07-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Dion Bailey committed to to USC. Huge surprise.

The surprise is that Scrogg didn't commit with him. Good news for you guys, I think Scrogg is Vol. He would've commited with dion if he was going to USC. Like I said earlier, it's a smart move for his career.

CashmoneyDrew
07-17-2009, 12:00 AM
The surprise is that Scrogg didn't commit with him. Good news for you guys, I think Scrogg is Vol. He would've commited with dion if he was going to USC. Like I said earlier, it's a smart move for his career.

God I hope you're right. We need him so bad. Not only would he end our QB woes, he'll bring so many other players with him.

sbh15
07-17-2009, 12:28 AM

The popular word is that since they're such good friends Scroggins wanted to let Bailey have his moment and not make it more about himself. I even am hearing this from UT fans

ToldLikeItIs
07-17-2009, 07:04 AM
Ishmael Thomas soon

wicket
07-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Ishmael Thomas soon

i hate to admit it but your prolly right here

HindSight
07-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Ishmael Thomas soon
So I ask for the 15th time....is this a prediction or something I can read if I go to any Iowa board?

JayP
07-17-2009, 10:20 AM
As Braveheart predicted, Tony Jefferson eliminates USC.

http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=2&c=879707&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fflorida.scout.com%2f2%2f 879707.html

I guess the kid was smart enough to see that being safety #5 in 2 classes wouldn't be the best thing for him.

ToldLikeItIs
07-17-2009, 11:31 AM
You're welcome to test the theory hindsight?
Course I'm right.
What happens first? Aj Derby commits to Iowa, or joke denounces his celibacy?

sbh15
07-17-2009, 11:45 AM
As Braveheart predicted, Tony Jefferson eliminates USC.

http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=2&c=879707&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fflorida.scout.com%2f2%2f 879707.html

I guess the kid was smart enough to see that being safety #5 in 2 classes wouldn't be the best thing for him.

He and Jordon James I expect to be Gators. And don't be surprised if Powell picks us soon after his visit with those guys at the UT game, if all goes as expected

ToldLikeItIs
07-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Powell is not going to be a Gator sbh, good god.

sbh15
07-17-2009, 12:01 PM

Really? I mean right now he's USC but you act like there is a zero percent chance despite him coming to FNL and to the biggest game of the year on an official with two guys that he had talked up Florida to? I'm not ignorant enough to think we lead but he's at least considering us as a top option and who knows what happens from there

wicket
07-17-2009, 12:13 PM
I really like our chances with jordon james though

BigJohn98
07-17-2009, 12:18 PM

We all know about how well you make predictions. John Clay to Iowa? Bwahaha.

BRAVEHEART
07-17-2009, 12:23 PM
Florida has the best chance to land him...not named USC. He's still a SC lean.

As for Tony, he didn't care about who we got last year, but he didn't like the fact that dion started over him at RSC. Dion is the more polished and ready prospect right now (since he's been playing S forever compared to Tony having to learn the posistion when he gets to college). I like tony's upside and I'm sad to see him go, but after reading this from Dion It's making me care less.

http://usc.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=965267

"I'm also willing to compete despite all the talk you here about sitting on the bench at USC. You hear that a lot from people. I feel like I'm a good player and I'm not threatened by the competition level. I look forward to competing.

"Coming away from the Rising Stars Camp, I knew I could play with anyone there. Just being around the coaches and that atmosphere, I felt confident. The excitement around practice and the way the coaches motivate their players is unique."

You have to have this attitude at USC, if not you'll end up transferring or losing your job.

CashmoneyDrew
07-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Some Arkansas fan just posted on Volnation that Michael Dyer just recently said in an interview that Auburn and Tennessee are 1a and 1b right now with Arkansas in third. I'm kind of surprised myself.

Hines
07-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Some Arkansas fan just posted on Volnation that Michael Dyer just recently said in an interview that Auburn and Tennessee are 1a and 1b right now with Arkansas in third. I'm kind of surprised myself.

Why would any running back go to the Vols after getting two blue chip runners last season?

I am going to go on a limb and say that Marcus Lattimore will be a Lion. If he isn't so be it, but I will say it so I have something to gloat on. I don't really expect him to be a Lion.

HindSight
07-17-2009, 12:57 PM
You're welcome to test the theory hindsight?
Course I'm right.
What happens first? Aj Derby commits to Iowa, or joke denounces his celibacy?
or you could just straight up tell me. you aren't going to get away with claiming you're whatever % correct on the season when you're just throwing out common knowledge.

HindSight
07-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Why would any running back go to the Vols after getting two blue chip runners last season?

I am going to go on a limb and say that Marcus Lattimore will be a Lion. If he isn't so be it, but I will say it so I have something to gloat on. I don't really expect him to be a Lion.
so you're just hoping, and if he does (he won't) then you're going to gloat?

cool man.