PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

bwillie26
07-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Aw come on. Kiffin and Brown have done nothing to be considered bad people. And Markeith has people saying things about his attitude, but at least wait until something concrete happens before you crucify him. I have a feeling the staff will keep him under control, and they won't be afraid to kick him out if he ends up being a problem.

Hopefully Lane locks up his wife while Ambles is on campus.

bigbenn
07-28-2009, 02:30 PM
nevermind pm me

wicket
07-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Aw come on. Kiffin and Brown have done nothing to be considered bad people. And Markeith has people saying things about his attitude, but at least wait until something concrete happens before you crucify him. I have a feeling the staff will keep him under control, and they won't be afraid to kick him out if he ends up being a problem.

Kiffin's ncaa rule violation average is indicated in: number of violations/minute
Bryce Brown's recruiting has been a lot of stuff but not clean, not saying that the fault is with him but it makes sure that i at least have a few questionmarks, maybe i shouldnt judge but the only things I know about him is that he can run with a football in his hands, that he had a whole lot of recruiting drama and that his announcement show thing was one of the worst things ive ever seen in my life

sbh15
07-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Not to mention what he did to Darren Myles was just pathetic.

CashmoneyDrew
07-28-2009, 04:58 PM
This is what he wants to do according to someone I know who talks to him, and I thought it would've been done by the 24th (Wasn't that when he was supposed to visit?). Hopefully Ambles and some others affect his commitment. I still can't believe he went from a stone cold lock to looking like Tennessee in a complete 360.

His visit is this weekend. Most Vol fans and people close to the situation think he will commit on his visit or soon after.

Kiffin's ncaa rule violation average is indicated in: number of violations/minute
Bryce Brown's recruiting has been a lot of stuff but not clean, not saying that the fault is with him but it makes sure that i at least have a few questionmarks, maybe i shouldnt judge but the only things I know about him is that he can run with a football in his hands, that he had a whole lot of recruiting drama and that his announcement show thing was one of the worst things ive ever seen in my life

Kiffin is a first year head coach and he's gotten some secondary violations. It's a learning experience and in no way shows that he is a bad person. Bryce Brown's recruiting period was a little overly dramatic, but he's a 17-18 year old kid and most people at that age are pretty flippy-floppy and centered on themselves a little too much. However, ever since he's committed to Tennessee he's been an excellent individual and showed up early this summer and is working extremely hard and impressing tons of people.

Whatever this is about can't be as bad as you're trying to make it out to be because Darren Myles loves it in Knoxville and is very happy with his decision to be a Vol.

Sniper
07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
http://illinois.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=969277

http://illinois.scout.com/a.z?s=169&p=2&c=882598&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fillinois.scout.com%2fa.z %3fs%3d169%26p%3d2%26c%3d882598

You can't post direct quotes from pay sites.

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-28-2009, 06:20 PM
MD WR Adrian Coxson got great reviews as well...trieu said he did nothing to disappoint with regard to his 5*/#2 WR rating...those were the two top WRs on the midwest team I believe. Redd also balled out.

kwilk103
07-28-2009, 10:19 PM
fl cb robert clark to wvu

JoeyJr09
07-28-2009, 11:27 PM
The Vols landed Markeith Ambles today. And I really don't care if it's because UF didn't want him either. He should be a great play maker for us.

I heard it had less to do with UF not wanting him (althought they did have higher guys on the WR board) and alot with them deciding to stop wasting their time after they found out he has zero shot to make it into school after seeing his grades this weekend at FNL.

I heard he is basically a forgone conclusion to go JUCO.

StackJaxx
07-28-2009, 11:30 PM
how good is gabe king?
as a cal fan, im really intrigued by him especially because we are supposedly his leaders.

bigbenn
07-29-2009, 01:25 AM
It seems as if Illinois is moving up for Corey Lemonier, I mean really moving up. I'm not saying they will get him but it's been really good to get into the race. I just knew it was going to happen after leading/top 2 for Calvin Smith so long. I just hope the guy who just got hired at New Mexico (One of their fathers) doesn't sway them that way now because Illinois had an advantage in that area. It was one of the biggest reasons UI got Liuget,

703SKINS202
07-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Glad to get a nice cb.

sbh15
07-29-2009, 01:49 AM
It seems as if Illinois is moving up for Corey Lemonier, I mean really moving up. I'm not saying they will get him but it's been really good to get into the race. I just knew it was going to happen after leading/top 2 for Calvin Smith so long. I just hope the guy who just got hired at New Mexico (One of their fathers) doesn't sway them that way now because Illinois had an advantage in that area. It was one of the biggest reasons UI got Liuget,

He's pretty much committed to Miami.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-29-2009, 02:25 AM
Joshua Shaw is going to the LSU/Washington game.

i'm optimistic at best.

JoeyJr09
07-29-2009, 07:00 AM

Lemonier is a big Miami lean with UF running in 2nd. They aren't going to New Mexico. They just visited an old assistant coach there. Illinois will likely get Calvin Smith, but Corey Lemonier is staying in state.

BamaFalcon59
07-29-2009, 07:44 AM

Loved his film. Explosive, lightening quick, big hitter despite his size, and gos up for the ball.

Good get for y'all.

bigbenn
07-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Lemonier is a big Miami lean with UF running in 2nd. They aren't going to New Mexico. They just visited an old assistant coach there. Illinois will likely get Calvin Smith, but Corey Lemonier is staying in state.

Yeah I pretty much understand this right now, but word I've seen is UI is running second. It's a long way to NLOID and they're good friends with plans on playing together at a place they can get on the field early. Illinois is loaded at DT but Smith can still earn some minutes. Lemonier can DEFINITELY get big minutes at DE (Although there is a lot of potential, it might take some time to be realized with some young guys). Either way I'm not getting my hopes completely up on Lemonier. I'm just happy UI is in the game right now. With all those elite programs after him, and him being in Miami, this is kind of a best case scenario right now. Once they get them to campus, IMHO chances will go up.

EDIT: And now, this comes out today....I'm crossing my fingers hoping UI can pull this one out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=shurburtt_jc&id=4363475

JoeyJr09
07-29-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah I pretty much understand this right now, but word I've seen is UI is running second. It's a long way to NLOID and they're good friends with plans on playing together at a place they can get on the field early. Illinois is loaded at DT but Smith can still earn some minutes. Lemonier can DEFINITELY get big minutes at DE (Although there is a lot of potential, it might take some time to be realized with some young guys). Either way I'm not getting my hopes completely up on Lemonier. I'm just happy UI is in the game right now. With all those elite programs after him, and him being in Miami, this is kind of a best case scenario right now. Once they get them to campus, IMHO chances will go up.

EDIT: And now, this comes out today....I'm crossing my fingers hoping UI can pull this one out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/columns/story?columnist=shurburtt_jc&id=4363475

Word is wrong. UF is most def running in 2nd.

bigbenn
07-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Word is wrong. UF is most def running in 2nd.

Alright I'll just let this one play out. Should be interesting.

TigerBait45
07-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Ohio RB/ATH Spencer Ware to LSU

I like it. Can't have too many big running backs and Ware is definitely a big running back. He's a good athlete for 230 pounds too.

He might get picked up early in the MLB draft though.

BigJohn98
07-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Marcus Lattimore names three of his final five: Penn State, Oregon, and North Carolina.

bigbenn
07-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Marcus Lattimore names three of his final five: Penn State, Oregon, and North Carolina.

Wow...with everything Auburn was doing and the reports coming out I thought they were going to get a majority of those guys they had for that 'Big Cat' thing. It looks like they might not even get half.

JoeyJr09
07-29-2009, 05:27 PM

He's going to USCe.

djp
07-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Frankie Telfort's career is over due to serious heart condition

See USCFootball.com

One of the most promising members of USC's 2009 recruiting class will never take the field for the Trojans.

Linebacker Frankie Telfort will not play football for USC because of a heart condition. The condition was discovered while at USC.

"This is obviously very difficult news for Frankie, his family and all of us in the football program," USC head coach Pete Carroll said in a statement. "But we're very thankful doctors discovered the issue before it led to anything worse."

A number of college football players have died on the field in recent years for a variety of reasons. Telfort is expected to remain at USC on scholarship.

"Everybody's football career unfortunately ends at some point and no one's ever ready for it," Carroll said. "For some guys, it comes sooner than expected. But you're a football player and a Trojan for life, and Frankie is definitely both."

wicket
07-29-2009, 05:28 PM
Frankie Telfort's career is over due to serious heart condition

See USCFootball.com

that blows just about for everyone, I wish him as much good health as possible

Sniper
07-29-2009, 06:42 PM
James Louis to Ohio State. WTF?

http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/882942.html

BigJohn98
07-29-2009, 07:22 PM
He's going to USCe.

As of now, yes. After the season it could be a different story.

BigJohn98
07-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Tank Sessions commits to FSU.

IrishTrojan
07-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Marcus Lattimore leaning to USCe?
http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php/topic,11477.0.html

Sniper
07-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Marcus Lattimore leaning to USCe?
http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php/topic,11477.0.html

Has been for a while.

Sniper
07-29-2009, 08:11 PM
http://tamu.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=969454&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Jake Matthews to TAMU.

JoeyJr09
07-29-2009, 08:18 PM
As of now, yes. After the season it could be a different story.

Your only shot is if USCe really, really tanks this season or if Spurrier leaves.

Nothing you can do will land him, USCe would have to really eff it up.

CashmoneyDrew
07-29-2009, 08:38 PM
http://tamu.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=969454&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Jake Matthews to TAMU.

Been expecting that for a while.

TitanHope
07-29-2009, 08:48 PM

That was a magical night for both Myles and Kiffin. You shouldn't judge, sbh!

Sniper
07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
That was a magical night for both Myles and Kiffin. You shouldn't judge, sbh!

What did he do?

TitanHope
07-29-2009, 09:08 PM
What did he do?

It was a major violation, if ya know what I mean.

I hear Layla was there too.

sbh15
07-29-2009, 10:15 PM

And he tricked him into committing by having Janzen Jackson hold off until Myles committed.

Sniper
07-29-2009, 10:18 PM

Whatever it takes, dude. ;) Layla's probably getting a lot of mileage these days.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Because Ware committed the coaches called Storm Johnson and told him his offer is no longer on the table. He's pissed but maybe his daddy should have kept his mouth shut.

Hines
07-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Penn State pulled in a big shocker today when they got Dakota Royer. I thought he was Pitt or Notre Dame bound. Wowzerz.

Sniper
07-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Penn State pulled in a big shocker today when they got Dakota Royer. I thought he was Pitt or Notre Dame bound. Wowzerz.

You're kidding, right?

Hines
07-30-2009, 11:18 AM
You're kidding, right?

I guess you couldn't see the sarcasm. Yes, I was kidding. He was probably the biggest lock of this class outside of Mike Hull and PJ.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Sniper.

Sniper
07-30-2009, 11:20 AM
I guess you couldn't see the sarcasm. Yes, I was kidding. He was probably the biggest lock of this class outside of Mike Hull and PJ.

I could not, and for this, I apologize. This shocks no one.

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Sniper.

Thanks, kind sir.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
LSU up to #2 in the rankings and Blackmon isn't even ranked yet.

sbh15
07-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Who are guys in your class who you think will move up/down in the rankings come NSD?

For UF
- Gerald Christian: Way up, very soon too. Just won the Gridiron Kings MVP.
- Leon Orr: Possibly up, freak athlete, but needs to put up the numbers this season
- Ian Silberman: Has added a ton of muscle and might be up to 300 by NSD. If he keeps that with the way he's playing, I could see him as a 6.0 ranking.
- Demar Dorsey: Way down. It wouldn't surprise me to see him as a 2*. He's all speed and no game.
- Gideon Ajagbe: Probably will end up as a 3*, just too raw right now.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-30-2009, 12:57 PM
honestly, i dont see any LSU recruit moving up or down.

TigerBait45
07-30-2009, 01:34 PM
Eric Reid and Justin Hunter, imo, are the most likely candidates.

Tharold Simon as well. He's legit.

Sniper
07-30-2009, 01:40 PM
- Demar Dorsey: Way down. It wouldn't surprise me to see him as a 2*. He's all speed and no game.

Oh, please. The lowest he'll go is 3 stars.

For UM (up)

OH OL Christian Pace- Great mobility, great mean streak, but he needs to add bulk.

MI QB Devin Gardner- He could eventually be a 5*.

OH CB Courtney Avery- Needs to bulk up, but apparently, he was excellent in 1 vs. 1s at UM's camp, where he got his offer.

Down

Not really anyone. They're mostly 3* right now.

I used Rivals' rankings. Scout sucks for rankings.

JoeyJr09
07-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Who are guys in your class who you think will move up/down in the rankings come NSD?

For UF
- Gerald Christian: Way up, very soon too. Just won the Gridiron Kings MVP.
- Leon Orr: Possibly up, freak athlete, but needs to put up the numbers this season
- Ian Silberman: Has added a ton of muscle and might be up to 300 by NSD. If he keeps that with the way he's playing, I could see him as a 6.0 ranking.
- Gideon Ajagbe: Probably will end up as a 3*, just too raw right now.

WTF? Leon Orr move up? He's already one of the most overrated players on the Rivals rankings. They have him in the top 100 over guys like Eduardo Clements, Gio Bernard, Brandon Linder and Todd Chandler.

No way that guy moves up. He's gonna drop big time once they see him play.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-30-2009, 01:58 PM
James Louis to Ohio State. WTF?

http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/882942.html

from a guy in the "know"

My nice source who has given me some perfect info before (Justin Hunter, Storm Johnson, etc) is in contact with Louis and got the ok to post this text from Louis.

"They have been ducking my calls and emails for 2 weeks and now that they found out I'm going to Ohio State they blowing me up so I'm done with that."

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Eric Reid and Justin Hunter, imo, are the most likely candidates.

Tharold Simon as well. He's legit.just because they should doesn't mean they are. is what i meant.

TigerBait45
07-30-2009, 02:09 PM
Reid and Hunter probably will, though. Even though a lot of classes are filling up it's still pretty early in the recruiting process..they still have a year's worth of football games and camps and stuff to go through.

It's too early to say whether anyone will or won't rise or drop. I think those three dudes are going to stand out at seniors though..Tharold Simon may well be the best receiver in the state this year.

JoeyJr09
07-30-2009, 02:14 PM
from a guy in the "know"

Ur guy in the know is full of crap. He stole that post from Stampini over at SoFLAFootball.com

kwilk103
07-30-2009, 04:32 PM
top 3 for mccartney:

wvu, miami, florida

JoeyJr09
07-30-2009, 05:27 PM
top 3 for mccartney:

wvu, miami, florida

Miami silent with WVU 2nd if any sort of fall out happened.

BTW kwilk, heard you got a commit from Pahokee today, waiting to see who it is.

CashmoneyDrew
07-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Dior Mathis named his top 3 recently and said Tennessee was in third and moving up. Oregon is his current leader.

CashmoneyDrew
07-30-2009, 05:48 PM
And he tricked him into committing by having Janzen Jackson hold off until Myles committed.

Janzen Jackson waited until the day after signing day to announce because his mom had travel problems and he wanted her to be with him when he made his decision.

JoeyJr09
07-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Janzen Jackson waited until the day after signing day to announce because his mom had travel problems and he wanted her to be with him when he made his decision.

Point was that Kiffin could have told Myles that Jackson committed before he got Myles LOI.

The announcement doesn't matter. It's that Kiffin never told Myles that they were getting Jackson.

CashmoneyDrew
07-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Point was that Kiffin could have told Myles that Jackson committed before he got Myles LOI.

The announcement doesn't matter. It's that Kiffin never told Myles that they were getting Jackson.

Myles has never voiced displeasure and has stated that he loves it at Tennessee already. Not to mention, they don't even play the same position. I don't think it's a problem at all.

TitanHope
07-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Myles has never voiced displeasure and has stated that he loves it at Tennessee already. Not to mention, they don't even play the same position. I don't think it's a problem at all.

Don't forget the epic love triangle.

Hey, I said it, therefore it must be true.

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-30-2009, 06:28 PM
FWIW '09 PSU CB signee Darrell Givens didn't qualify. Won't prep to put the effort in either so it looks like he is choosing between eight schools some time within the next week (think someone said Saturday). Guess a school that takes non-qualifiers or can get him in is going to get a pretty big prize...but it would be my understanding that he still couldn't do anything the 1st year (at least that is how I understood it, not sure if he could RS that year or what). Might have to enroll/pay his way for a year and not have anything to do with the football program

WOOOOO SAAAAA...this blows for PSU as we badly need CB depth. I just pray Derrick Thomas (another MD CB that was taking summer classes) arrives...badly need his talent now that Givens is out. At least we will have Lynn (TR SO), TR FR Stephon Morris, TR FR Derrick Thomas (hopefully), and TR FR Mike Wallace.

JoeyJr09
07-30-2009, 06:58 PM
FWIW '09 PSU CB signee Darrell Givens didn't qualify. Won't prep to put the effort in either so it looks like he is choosing between eight schools some time within the next week (think someone said Saturday). Guess a school that takes non-qualifiers or can get him in is going to get a pretty big prize...but it would be my understanding that he still couldn't do anything the 1st year (at least that is how I understood it, not sure if he could RS that year or what). Might have to enroll/pay his way for a year and not have anything to do with the football program

WOOOOO SAAAAA...this blows for PSU as we badly need CB depth. I just pray Derrick Thomas (another MD CB that was taking summer classes) arrives...badly need his talent now that Givens is out. At least we will have Lynn (TR SO), TR FR Stephon Morris, TR FR Derrick Thomas (hopefully), and TR FR Mike Wallace.

If he didn't qualify and PSU released him from Schollie then he can go anywhere and not have to sit a year or pay his own way.

Now if PSU didn't release him from Schollie then he'd have to sit a year or pay his own way.

However, there'd probably be a pretty big lawsuit on PSU hands if they didn't let him out seeing as schollie are contingent of getting accepted. You can't tell a kid that he's not accepted into your school and then not let him go elsewhere on top of that. Not to mentioned it'd be pretty bush league of PSU to do that. It's common practice to let kids find a better option if thy can't get accepted. In fact, most schools help find a place that will take the kid.

JoeyJr09
07-30-2009, 07:01 PM

There's the key word.

What you think doesn't matter as much as what the kid thought. Obviously seeing the aftermath of it now, the kid doesn't have a problem, but at the time it happened, the word was that he was not happy about being lied too. He likely wouldve picked UT anyways, but his issue was that the staff tried to trick him into going there.

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-30-2009, 07:17 PM
If he didn't qualify and PSU released him from Schollie then he can go anywhere and not have to sit a year or pay his own way.

Now if PSU didn't release him from Schollie then he'd have to sit a year or pay his own way.

However, there'd probably be a pretty big lawsuit on PSU hands if they didn't let him out seeing as schollie are contingent of getting accepted. You can't tell a kid that he's not accepted into your school and then not let him go elsewhere on top of that. Not to mentioned it'd be pretty bush league of PSU to do that. It's common practice to let kids find a better option if thy can't get accepted. In fact, most schools help find a place that will take the kid.

I think if you can't get past the schools admissions the LOI becomes void, no? Usually schools then try and get the kid in somewhere or take the prep route but everything opens back up once you go the prep route. PSU definitely isn't holding Givens back or anything...he is going to pick pretty soon I think. Here is an article in goupstate.com about Givens/USC in contact:

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090730/PSPORTS02/907309930/1002/SPORTS04?Title=USC-could-add-cornerback-to-class

CashmoneyDrew
07-30-2009, 07:33 PM
There's the key word.

What you think doesn't matter as much as what the kid thought. Obviously seeing the aftermath of it now, the kid doesn't have a problem, but at the time it happened, the word was that he was not happy about being lied too. He likely wouldve picked UT anyways, but his issue was that the staff tried to trick him into going there.

I still don't think he was tricked. He knew where he was signing and what he was signing for. Plus like I said, they don't even play the same position so whatever he felt at first was just a rushed judgment and he's obviously thought better of it since then. Now if they played the same position then it would be a little concerning.

Saints 4 Lyfe
07-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Ur guy in the know is full of crap. He stole that post from Stampini over at SoFLAFootball.comnever said he was "my guy" just said "a guy".

also, he got the info from one of his inside sources so maybe that's his source.

sbh15
07-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Joey, what's the deal with Darrell Givens? Denied entry to PSU and is now looking at UF and UM. Which leads?

703SKINS202
07-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Miami silent with WVU 2nd if any sort of fall out happened.

BTW kwilk, heard you got a commit from Pahokee today, waiting to see who it is.

Richard Ash maybe?

bigbenn
07-30-2009, 09:08 PM
I have a big feeling Corey Lemonier is going to have a pretty crazy recruitment. His top 5 he named for the Illinois Rivals site is Florida, Florida State, Illinois, Auburn and Tennessee.

http://illinois.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=970288

CashmoneyDrew
07-30-2009, 09:11 PM
I have a big feeling Corey Lemonier is going to have a pretty crazy recruitment. His top 5 he named for the Illinois Rivals site is Florida, Florida State, Illinois, Auburn and Tennessee.

I think he's visiting Tennessee this weekend with Kyle Prater and Matt Milton.

TitanHope
07-30-2009, 09:19 PM
There's the key word.

The "word" about him supposedly being lied to is just a rumor perpetuated by bitter LSU fans who were pissed that Janzen Jackson chose Tennessee, and other Kiffin haters ran with it. There was also a rumor where Jackson's father was promised a coaching position at Tennessee in order for JJ to choose UT - Jackson's father is now a coach at Miami(OH)...

Of course, it's not like the situation could've been genuine. It was confirmed that Jackson's mother truly wasn't going to be able to be at Jackson's press conference, and that is why it was postponed. There's no basis for this. The players play two different positions, and Myles arguably has the better chance to start at FS than Jackson does at CB. People just want to talk.

Anyway, back to 2010 Recruiting...

kwilk103
07-30-2009, 10:41 PM
rumor is richard ash

and i think we get mccartney

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-30-2009, 10:50 PM
May not be over just yet...hard to know what is going on right now. Someone is claiming that Darrell got the grade required of him by the coaching staff over the summer...but who knows.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090730/PSPORTS02/907309922/1088/SPORTS?Title=Givens-update

bigbenn
07-31-2009, 04:07 AM
I think he's visiting Tennessee this weekend with Kyle Prater and Matt Milton.

Yeah it says so in the article. Hopefully Milton doesn't commit (Unlikely).

EDIT: Nevermind, it says something fell through so it'll be pushed back.

JoeyJr09
07-31-2009, 07:39 AM
rumor is richard ash

I have it on good word that McCartney has been a Miami silent since the spring game.

WVU does seriously worry me tho. I think he stays in Miami at the end of the day however.

JoeyJr09
07-31-2009, 07:40 AM
rumor is richard ash

Ash apparently had his offer pulled by WVU.

Seems like the most logical option is Antonio Ford.

JoeyJr09
07-31-2009, 07:44 AM
Joey, what's the deal with Darrell Givens? Denied entry to PSU and is now looking at UF and UM. Which leads?

Miami
Florida
North Carolina
Oklahoma
West Virginia
Rutgers
Nerbaska
South Carolina

Thats the list off schools that have offered him. WVU and USCe are the 2 frontrunners with UF and UM being the darkhorses.

He's supposed to pick tomorrow.

JoeyJr09
07-31-2009, 07:46 AM

I did some digging for you after we talked about him the other day.

Needless to say, u'll be happy. However, that top 3 is inaccurate, it's def Illinois, UF and Miami in the their.

kwilk103
07-31-2009, 08:00 AM
Ash apparently had his offer pulled by WVU.

Seems like the most logical option is Antonio Ford.

seriously? we havent heard that about ash

JoeyJr09
07-31-2009, 08:49 AM
seriously? we havent heard that about ash

Best WVU guy I know says he heard awhile back that Ash had his offer pulled.

703SKINS202
07-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Quantavious Leslie WR commits to WVU. Nice get, now we need to add some linebackers and corners to this class.

Hines
07-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Miami
Florida
North Carolina
Oklahoma
West Virginia
Rutgers
Nerbaska
South Carolina

Thats the list off schools that have offered him. WVU and USCe are the 2 frontrunners with UF and UM being the darkhorses.

He's supposed to pick tomorrow.

I read that Joe Pa is trying his hardest to keep him at Penn State.

CashmoneyDrew
07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Apparently Tennessee currently leads for DeMarco Cobbs according to Scout.

JoeyJr09
07-31-2009, 02:25 PM
I read that Joe Pa is trying his hardest to keep him at Penn State.

PSU President gave JoePa the no go on allowing him in.

He has already sent his papers to Miami and UF admissions, if one of those let him in, he's headed there. But it's no sure bet that he'll get into either. WVU and USCe are the 2 most likely to allow him in.

JoeyJr09
07-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Stephen Morris to Miami

bigbenn
07-31-2009, 02:26 PM
I did some digging for you after we talked about him the other day.

Needless to say, u'll be happy. However, that top 3 is inaccurate, it's def Illinois, UF and Miami in the their.

Good stuff. Thanks Joey. I like all the positive Illinois vibes that keep coming out.

Hines
07-31-2009, 02:52 PM
PSU President gave JoePa the no go on allowing him in.

He has already sent his papers to Miami and UF admissions, if one of those let him in, he's headed there. But it's no sure bet that he'll get into either. WVU and USCe are the 2 most likely to allow him in.

Ya I just saw that as well. It's a shame because he was going to get a lot of PT during his True Frosh year.

keylime_5
07-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Hearing promising things about tOSU and Corey Brown. Would be nice to pull a top athlete named Corey Brown out of PA two years in a row.

JoeyJr09
07-31-2009, 03:37 PM
Ya I just saw that as well. It's a shame because he was going to get a lot of PT during his True Frosh year.

Miami "insider" said he didn't get cleared here. He had a run in with coaches a couple years ago over LaRon Byrd so I'm not sure his info is legit anymore as he stopped posting almost completely ever since then.

But Givens would be hard pressed to get into Miami if he couldnt get into PSU anyways.

Just TIFWIW, I would still think WVU. They get all these type of kids in.

703SKINS202
07-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Miami "insider" said he didn't get cleared here. He had a run in with coaches a couple years ago over LaRon Byrd so I'm not sure his info is legit anymore as he stopped posting almost completely ever since then.

But Givens would be hard pressed to get into Miami if he couldnt get into PSU anyways.

Just TIFWIW, I would still think WVU. They get all these type of kids in.

What type of kids? What's his situation I know he was a PSU commit in 09 and had to decommit because of grades/tests? Just how bad were they?

JoeyJr09
07-31-2009, 03:57 PM
What type of kids? What's his situation I know he was a PSU commit in 09 and had to decommit because of grades/tests? Just how bad were they?

Kids that can't get into other schools because of grades.

He got past Clearinghouse but couldnt get past PSU admissions. He's not likely to get past Miami admissions and I'm hearing UF admissions might not let him in either. WVU would be the logical choice, seeing as they get everyone in.

703SKINS202
07-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Kids that can't get into other schools because of grades.

He got past Clearinghouse but couldnt get past PSU admissions. He's not likely to get past Miami admissions and I'm hearing UF admissions might not let him in either. WVU would be the logical choice, seeing as they get everyone in.
I understand we get a lot but not all of them that's why I was wondering how bad his scores were. We have had a couple of guys whose grades didn't qualify and are now going Prep at Hargrave. Tevita Finau, who even knows his story, it seems like it's not as loose as it used to be here.

PENNSTATEHOMER
07-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Thought I heard someone saying Givens was going to pick between UNC and RU...take that FWIW though because I'm not 100% sure. And also FWIW, PSU's scout site is saying their sources have said it is blatantly false that Joe tried to go to Spanier as I way to get him in...so who knows.

Best of luck to the kid, it sucks for sure...but he isn't willing to prep and feels he is ready despite not getting by PSU admissions. I don't know if it is PSU or if it is Lackey, but someone isn't advising these kids very well. I have no doubt Givens is going to be a very good collegiate ATH with the chance to have a professional career if all goes well.

We had the same deal with a highly touted OG out of Lackey in '06, JB Walton...thought he'd squeeze in but ended up at Milford prep for a year. Has apparently struggled (RS SO now) and missed summer practices due to academics...it is really too bad because he is a very nice kid and definitely trying hard.

JoeyJr09
07-31-2009, 05:17 PM
I understand we get a lot but not all of them that's why I was wondering how bad his scores were. We have had a couple of guys whose grades didn't qualify and are now going Prep at Hargrave. Tevita Finau, who even knows his story, it seems like it's not as loose as it used to be here.

Qualifying and getting accepted are 2 different things.

If you don't qualify then that means the NCAA didn't clear you and you have no option but Prep or JUCO. If you don't get accepted then that means the NCAA cleared you and your school of choice didn't.

WVU has had kids not qualify with the NCAA (Finau being an example). But they have never not accepted a kid that I know of. If a kid gets cleared by the NCAA, WVU will take them. They don't turn away kids.

Givens as already accepted by the NCAA, it was PSU that didn't let him in.

WVU has no grades standards for their football players. Once the kid gets past the NCAA, WVU will let them in. If a kid doesn't get into WVU, it's because the NCAA didn't qualify them.

CashmoneyDrew
07-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Matt Milton committed to Tennessee today.

wicket
07-31-2009, 05:50 PM

good pickup, i like him

Jonny
07-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Hearing promising things about tOSU and Corey Brown. Would be nice to pull a top athlete named Corey Brown out of PA two years in a row.

Aka Farrell, the guy who is always wrong about Northeast prospects.

Although, it is an interesting coincidence that RU is pursuing other guys like Johnson, Phillips, Coleman, Ross, etc... harder now.

JoeyJr09
07-31-2009, 06:12 PM
On Givens, There's a rumor going around that UF and Miami aren't letting him in and that RU, UNC and USCe are the final 3.

Can't confirm it.

keylime_5
07-31-2009, 06:54 PM
Aka Farrell, the guy who is always wrong about Northeast prospects.

Although, it is an interesting coincidence that RU is pursuing other guys like Johnson, Phillips, Coleman, Ross, etc... harder now.

more like he's always wrong about prospects in general, not just in any one region. But he does have an official to the OSU/USC game coming up and the school that was thought to be the favorite until recently - Florida - probably won't get him now that they got Mack Brown.

sbh15
07-31-2009, 07:58 PM
more like he's always wrong about prospects in general, not just in any one region. But he does have an official to the OSU/USC game coming up and the school that was thought to be the favorite until recently - Florida - probably won't get him now that they got Mack Brown.

Florida hasn't been looking at anyone besides Mack Brown at RB. They lead only for the guy who is committed to them.

T-RICH49
07-31-2009, 08:14 PM
according to Scout.Keeston Terry backed out of his commitment to NU and is going to attend Kansas where his fater played

703SKINS202
07-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Qualifying and getting accepted are 2 different things.

If you don't qualify then that means the NCAA didn't clear you and you have no option but Prep or JUCO. If you don't get accepted then that means the NCAA cleared you and your school of choice didn't.

WVU has had kids not qualify with the NCAA (Finau being an example). But they have never not accepted a kid that I know of. If a kid gets cleared by the NCAA, WVU will take them. They don't turn away kids.

Givens as already accepted by the NCAA, it was PSU that didn't let him in.

WVU has no grades standards for their football players. Once the kid gets past the NCAA, WVU will let them in. If a kid doesn't get into WVU, it's because the NCAA didn't qualify them.
Yea, can't disagree with that. Lower standards for higher learning.:rolleyes:

bigbenn
07-31-2009, 11:35 PM

He's underrated. He could be a big deal in a couple of years.

CashmoneyDrew
07-31-2009, 11:51 PM
He's underrated. He could be a big deal in a couple of years.

There's talk he's up to 210 already. Any chance he grows into a TE or do you think he stays at WR?

BPhilb
08-01-2009, 01:44 AM
according to Scout.Keeston Terry backed out of his commitment to NU and is going to attend Kansas where his fater played

Terry will fit well into the KU offense. Are you hearing anything about the rumors of Tyler Gabbert going to KU with him?

T-RICH49
08-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Terry will fit well into the KU offense. Are you hearing anything about the rumors of Tyler Gabbert going to KU with him?

I've heard he might back out of NU but have not heard of him going to KU with Terry

BigJohn98
08-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Telvin Smith commits to FSU.

Merrill Noel switches from FSU to Wake Forest. No big loss. Time to focus on Keion Payne(que Joey with "you can do anything and won't get Payne").

JoeyJr09
08-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Telvin Smith commits to FSU.

Merrill Noel switches from FSU to Wake Forest. No big loss. Time to focus on Keion Payne(que Joey with "you can do anything and won't get Payne").

Payne is very much an FSU but his family wants him at Miami.

You decide how that one will turn out.

CashmoneyDrew
08-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Kyle Prater is visiting Tennessee today. Thought this picture was cool.

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt61/govols87/TheRock.jpg

JoeyJr09
08-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Kyle Prater is visiting Tennessee today. Thought this picture was cool.

http://i598.photobucket.com/albums/tt61/govols87/TheRock.jpg

It looks like a rock that was colored in by a 3rd grader. Whats the point?

bigbenn
08-01-2009, 02:44 PM
There's talk he's up to 210 already. Any chance he grows into a TE or do you think he stays at WR?

He's about in that range. I don't think he can unless he'll be a really light TE like Travis Beckam. I could definitely see that in the SEC where you guys emphasize speed. He'll be a matchup nightmare at either WR or TE.

BigJohn98
08-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Lattimore names his final five.

Oregon
Penn State
North Carolina
Auburn
South Carolina

Oh well...

duckseason
08-01-2009, 07:28 PM

Oregon
Penn State
North Carolina
Auburn
South Carolina

Oh well...
Love that he's coming to Eugene halloween night when SC comes to town. No way in hell he won't fall in love with the gameday environment.

CashmoneyDrew
08-01-2009, 07:48 PM
It looks like a rock that was colored in by a 3rd grader. Whats the point?

It's "The Rock". It's a staple of UT's campus. Students paint it for a variety of things and the ones that follow football always paint it for the recruits and players and stuff. The players really like it. Milton, Bryce Brown, Nukeese, Jesse Scroggins are some major examples of players who really loved it. One time, Steve Spurrier's actual phone number got painted on there. Needless to say, he received a bunch of phones calls from Tennessee fans.

JayP
08-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Prince Shembo is pulling the trigger on the 4th. Final 4 are ND, VT, UNC, & Tenn. Anyone have any insight as to what his choice may be?

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-02-2009, 01:38 AM
After everything LSU STILL leads for Storm Johnson.

In speaking with him Saturday, he explains that he has narrowed the field to both LSU and Florida State, with LSU – at least in his mind – a favorite heading into the fall given the strength of the coaching staff and the fact he feels he could see immediate playing time with the graduation of current feature back for the Tigers, Charles Scott.
Johnson says he’s taking his time in making a final decision about signing a letter of intent, this even though he provided LSU with a verbal commitment earlier this month. In the meantime, the youngster says he will be focusing in on having an excellent 2009 in which he expects to shine as Loganville’s main weapon out of the backfield.

http://www.athlonsports.com/feature/17261/recruiting-storm-johnson-update

TigerBait45
08-02-2009, 01:59 AM
He's a backup option at this point. I'd put my money on Florida State, unless Lache Seastrunk really does end up at Auburn.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-02-2009, 03:24 AM
He's a backup option at this point. I'd put my money on Florida State, unless Lache Seastrunk really does end up at Auburn.I wouldn't count out Lache and Storm.

Les did pull in Scott/Williams/Murphy in one class...

Hines
08-02-2009, 09:14 AM

Oregon
Penn State
North Carolina
Auburn
South Carolina

Oh well...

He LOVED his unofficial to Happy Valley. I would not be surprised if Penn State is creeping up there with this guy.

BigJohn98
08-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Don't set yourself up for letdown, Hines.

JoeyJr09
08-02-2009, 10:10 AM
He LOVED his unofficial to Happy Valley. I would not be surprised if Penn State is creeping up there with this guy.

He's all ****.

Hines
08-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Don't set yourself up for letdown, Hines.

I won't be too upset if he goes elsewhere because I am not expecting him to come to Penn State. I like him way more than I liked Jelani Jenkins last year.

Sniper
08-02-2009, 01:16 PM

How many times do players say, "I ******* hated that place,"?

TigerBait45
08-02-2009, 01:25 PM
I wouldn't count out Lache and Storm.

Les did pull in Scott/Williams/Murphy in one class...

I wouldn't get your hopes up. Unless he's seriously a silent commitment and is playing games, it looks like his offer is off the table, or they're just trying to slow play him to see what Seastrunk does. This is a different situation than Scott, Williams and Murphy because all three brought something different to the table. Ware and Storm Johnson are very similar.

Spencer Ware took Storm's spot unless Seastrunk goes somewhere else. They're bringing in Brandon Worle as a "back" that's going to get carries and play fullback as well, like Jacob Hester. They're not going to take 4 guys at the position a year before Hilliard and Hill.

If 2011 didn't have Kenny Hilliard and Jeremy Hill they probably would take him, but he's going to be left out in the cold as far as I can tell.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-02-2009, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Unless he's seriously a silent commitment and is playing games, it looks like his offer is off the table, or they're just trying to slow play him to see what Seastrunk does. This is a different situation than Scott, Williams and Murphy because all three brought something different to the table. Ware and Storm Johnson are very similar.

Spencer Ware took Storm's spot unless Seastrunk goes somewhere else. They're bringing in Brandon Worle as a "back" that's going to get carries and play fullback as well, like Jacob Hester. They're not going to take 4 guys at the position a year before Hilliard and Hill.

If 2011 didn't have Kenny Hilliard and Jeremy Hill they probably would take him, but he's going to be left out in the cold as far as I can tell.

If you go back and look, Williams/Scott were virtually the same. Height/Weight. Only Williams was faster. Ware is basically Ridley right now or Alley Broussard. Storm is Keiland Williams, basically a clone. Lache is Murphy, only better.

BigJohn98
08-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Christian Jones, Nigel Terrell, and Eduardo Clements were all on campus today.

superman8456
08-03-2009, 02:40 PM

Oregon
Penn State
North Carolina
Auburn
South Carolina

Oh well...

Thats extremely good news for Penn State.

HindSight
08-03-2009, 02:57 PM
Thats extremely good news for Penn State.
dude....it's not. you staters need to stop.

he could have named USCar and 4 Division 3 schools....the end result will be the same.

OregonDucks
08-03-2009, 04:34 PM
dude....it's not. you staters need to stop.

he could have named USCar and 4 Division 3 schools....the end result will be the same.

Whats your point? Ofcourse he would choose south carolina over 4 division 3 schools.

OregonDucks
08-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Besides hes going to Oregon.

He already visited oregon and obviously liked it.

duckseason
08-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Besides hes going to Oregon.

He already visited oregon and obviously liked it.
You sure about that?

HindSight
08-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Whats your point? Ofcourse he would choose south carolina over 4 division 3 schools.
Uh...the point is that whatever his 5 schools are, the end result will be South Carolina.

If his 5 were South Carolina and 4 D3 schools, it's USCar
If his 5 were South Carolina, USC, Florida, Texas, LSU, and Oklahoma...it's still USCar

But you're right. I'd actually rather have Penn State fans getting excited over him. So nevermind. Forget what I said. You have a shot Penn State!

bwillie26
08-03-2009, 05:22 PM

Terry's father played no role in the decision. Terry basically does not even know his father because he was never around.

The person pulling the strings is Terry's mother. She was actually the one who made the call to the coaches, not Keeston, to tell them he was opening his recruitment back up. She desperately wants him at Kansas and he wants Nebraska.

And as of now, he has not committed anywhere. This goes back to him battling his mother and trying to convince her where he wants to be.

Gabbert also is not going anywhere unless we tank this season and our recruiting hits rock bottom. Gabbert was just in Lincoln this past weekend and nearly convinced Chase Rome to switch his commit while he was here.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Justin Hunter decided not to take any more visits. This makes me happy in my pants.

sbh15
08-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Love that he's coming to Eugene halloween night when SC comes to town. No way in hell he won't fall in love with the gameday environment.

This is how I feel when you speak

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/cool_story_bro.jpg

Punisher
08-03-2009, 06:59 PM
This is how I feel when you speak

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/cool_story_bro.jpg

Duckseason> SBH

Off with his head

Anyways it appears Kyle Praters first official will be taken to USC and he said USC is one of his early favorites. For whatever it's worth,(yes, i know he's named a few schools already his favorites) USC should be in a good place by signing day with either Woods or Prater.

iowatreat54
08-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Duckseason> SBH

Off with his head

Anyways it appears Kyle Praters first official will be taken to USC and he said USC is one of his early favorites. For whatever it's worth,(yes, i know he's named a few schools already his favorites) USC should be in a good place by signing day with either Woods or Prater.

Depends on how the 09 season goes, imo, but right now Illinois is easily the favorite for Prater. And with the offensive recruits they are bringing in, it may be easy for him to want to be a part of Illinois '10 class.

Giantsfan1080
08-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Darrell Givens(4* CB) has decomitted from Penn State and chose to go to Rutgers. It was down to Rutgers and University of South Carolina.

Sniper
08-04-2009, 12:07 PM
Darrell Givens(4* CB) has decomitted from Penn State and chose to go to Rutgers. It was down to Rutgers and University of South Carolina.

He didn't decommit from anyone. He wasn't accepted to Penn State.

http://duke.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=971496&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

IL OL/DL Laken Tomlinson chooses Duke (!??!?!) over teams like Ohio State, Illinois, Michigan State, Boston College and more.

iowatreat54
08-04-2009, 12:10 PM

http://duke.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=971496&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

IL OL/DL Laken Tomlinson chooses Duke (!??!?!) over teams like Ohio State, Illinois, Michigan State, Boston College and more.

He wants to study pre-med. It appears as though he is using football as a means to get an education, in which case he made a great choice. Although, I think he also had an offer from Northwestern, but maybe he didn't want to stay close to home.

Sniper
08-04-2009, 12:12 PM
He wants to study pre-med. It appears as though he is using football as a means to get an education, in which case he made a great choice. Although, I think he also had an offer from Northwestern, but maybe he didn't want to stay close to home.

Good for him. I always like the ones who say that academics mean a lot and actually mean it.

iowatreat54
08-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Good for him. I always like the ones who say that academics mean a lot and actually mean it.

I agree. There are kids who realize that they have a gift and it can get them a lot more than the fame and fortune of playing a sport, but unfortunately they are few and far between.

For what it's worth, I've read that he wants to study pre-med, and that is what his decision was based off of, but it's not like first hand information. It was also followed by Illinois fans completely shocked that he would choose Duke over them, because "why can't he study pre-med at Illinois?" I laughed hard at that one.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-04-2009, 03:47 PM
LSU=Lache Seastrunk University lol

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/amp-football/AMP-Lache-Seastrunk-still-wide-open-52303

JayP
08-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Rivals 4* WDE Prince Shembo to ND.

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=971526

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-04-2009, 05:00 PM
edited.................

Giantsfan1080
08-04-2009, 11:29 PM

Well he was comittied but then Penn State wanted him to take a summer class but they told him the wrong one and then something got messed up. Anyway he's a smart kid and it was a great pick up for Rutgers.

IrishTrojan
08-05-2009, 04:28 AM
With Powell home theres some negativity coming from his camp on his florida experience .

wicket
08-05-2009, 04:38 AM
Rivals 4* WDE Prince Shembo to ND.

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=971526

gonna play olb for us though, maybe be a DEnd in passing situations, but mainly a linebacker though

wicket
08-05-2009, 04:40 AM

word tralalalala 10 char

iowatreat54
08-05-2009, 05:49 AM
I agree. There are kids who realize that they have a gift and it can get them a lot more than the fame and fortune of playing a sport, but unfortunately they are few and far between.

For what it's worth, I've read that he wants to study pre-med, and that is what his decision was based off of, but it's not like first hand information. It was also followed by Illinois fans completely shocked that he would choose Duke over them, because "why can't he study pre-med at Illinois?" I laughed hard at that one.

Adding to this, here is what I mean when I laugh at Illinois fans. This is from a poster on one of their sites:

I suspect that there is more to it than pre-med studies. To assume that graduating from Duke would be looked on more highly than Northwestern or Illinois for that matter by medical schools is a bit silly.

I mean, seriously? I really didn't expect the Tomlinson commit to be one of my favorite of the year.

BigJohn98
08-05-2009, 08:20 AM
With Powell home theres some negativity coming from his camp on his florida experience .

Wow. I'm shocked that there was negativity coming from Florida's camp.

wicket
08-05-2009, 11:06 AM
the first espn 150 is an absolute shocker, basicly you are high when you got to one or more of their camps, its really quite awful, homer pick for most awful rating is chris martin @144, but Justin McCay(142) and Ego Ferguson(143) also deserve mention on the got screwed side of the equation and dior mathis at 53 and tony jefferson at 9 deserve some mention also in the what were they thinking department

Sniper
08-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Wow...what a ridiculous joke.

Demar Dorsey at 11???????????????????

BamaFalcon59
08-05-2009, 11:40 AM
At least Nick Dew got his props. One of the most underrated players on Rivals.

Caleb Farris, Nick Acree, and Derrick Hopkins are underrated on ESPN.

cdub11
08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Always interesting to see how the different recruiting people rank these guys

Texas Commits - ESPN 150 Ranking / Rivals Ranking

Taylor Bible #14 / #80
Ashton Dorsey #44 / #132
Aaron Benson #51 / #125
Chris Jones #73 / #84
Reggie Wilson #100 / #22
Adrian White #104 / #236
Tevin Jackson #105 / #188
Carrington Byndom #121 / #195
Adrian Phillips #128 / NR
Trey Hopkings #141 / #59
Dominic Espinosa NR / #92

sbh15
08-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Wow...what a ridiculous joke.

Demar Dorsey at 11???????????????????

I am lol'ing

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-05-2009, 02:02 PM
according to ESPN Lache Seastrunk is a 4 star. Laughable.

ToldLikeItIs
08-05-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't think it's that laughable.

Lache isn't putting much more weight on that frame without losing speed, and could be injury prone.

DoWnThEfiElD
08-05-2009, 03:50 PM
Hicks over Henderson really? Jeffcoat and Henderson could be a toss up in some eyes but anyone else over him is a joke.

wicket
08-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Hicks over Henderson really? Jeffcoat and Henderson could be a toss up in some eyes but anyone else over him is a joke.

are those really the big issues you have with that list, not saying you are wrong but there are things WAY more wrong about that list

YAYareaRB
08-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Is anyone else bothered by Lache Seastrunk's running style? I dunno it just bothers me and it seems like this is his top speed

wicket
08-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Is anyone else bothered by Lache Seastrunk's running style? I dunno it just bothers me and it seems like this is his top speed

i dont like him as much as other people so i guess im on y0our side, the kid is a baller but he is like my fifth runner in this class, not that close near a few of the guys above him

StackJaxx
08-05-2009, 04:38 PM
No Austin Hinder?
eh. i think he'll be there by the end of the year.

Sniper
08-05-2009, 07:29 PM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090805/SPORTS07/90805087&s=d&page=2#pluckcomments

MSU LB/DE commit Will Gholston to look around. He hasn't decommitted, but the meltdown from East Lansing is fantastic right now.

keylime_5
08-05-2009, 07:35 PM
c'mon Will, at 6'7"/250 as a rising high school senior you're gonna play DE at least eventually in college.

TigerBait45
08-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Lache will be good if a team pairs him with a guy to do the dirty work on the inside and lets him do his own thing in space.

If someone asks him to be a 20+ carry a game back..I don't know if he can do it. he's explosive but he's far from a pounder.

I don't see him as a feature guy, I see him as a luxury player. He can get out in the open field and catch the ball and has the speed to turn the corner but if you don't let him do that it kind of hinders his game.

JoeyJr09
08-05-2009, 09:55 PM
the first espn 150 is an absolute shocker, basicly you are high when you got to one or more of their camps, its really quite awful, homer pick for most awful rating is chris martin @144, but Justin McCay(142) and Ego Ferguson(143) also deserve mention on the got screwed side of the equation and dior mathis at 53 and tony jefferson at 9 deserve some mention also in the what were they thinking department

Ferguson and McCay are ranked right where they should be IMO. Both I thought were hugely overrated by Rivals.

Mathis is overrated by ESPN and so is Jefferson as he is not a top 10 lpayer but he certainly should be in the top 50.

Shariff Floyd was the most underrated player by ESPN IMO.

Almost every UF player is extremely overrated by ESPN. So take those with a grain of salt. Dowling at number 7 overall? Dorsey at number 11 overall? Mack Brown at number 14 overall? Ian Silberman at number 21 overall? Gerald Christian at number 30 overall? Leon Orr at number 69 overall? Soloman Patton at number 75 overall. I mean really? The only one they have ranked properly is Matt Elam. All good players. There's no way you can convince me that Dorsey, Silberman, Orr and Patton are even top 100 players. Much less, top 75 and top 20 like some of them are. And Dowling is a top 50 guys, not a top 10 guy.

Still amazes me how on earth all those guys are ranked ahead of Christian Green. What is going on with the UF love fest?

PENNSTATEHOMER
08-06-2009, 01:14 AM
ESPN always baffles me...some of their rankings for PSU commits jump out as WTF rankings. I love that PSU got 6'3.5 220-ish pound DE/OLB Dakota Royer, a very well respected PSU poster known for evaluations called him a can't miss defensive prospect...but for ESPN to have him as our highest rated prospect is comical.

QB Paul Jones as the #32 QB is ridiculous...I think Luginbill is letting this QBing ish and his supposed qualifications as an evaluator get to his head. While I feel it is unfair to complain with Bolden being the #4 QB, you can never tell with QBs, so it will come down to grasping the mental aspect of the game collegiately. Not sure Bolden has been in a good situation for that step to the next level, while the past two seasons PJ has thrown for around 4,000 yards (probably more), nearly 40 TDs/4 INTs + rushed for about 600 yards.

Silas Redd should be a 10-12-ish ranked RB IMO, not #18. Won Top Gun O-MVP, stood out at the Champion Gridiron Kings event and had done nothing but ball at rivals/ESPN/scout (PSU Nike, Rivals NJ premier camp, etc.) camps/combines. He'd be so much more hyped if he was a rocked up kid from TX, FLA, CA as opposed to CT...at 5'10 190 with those hands, those cuts, the frame to easily play collegiately at 205-210 yet already possessing incredible lower body strength at 190...please. Kid is a stud, flat out embarrassing kids all summer/spring.

6'6 265 OT Thomas Ricketts as the #34 OG seems out there. His rivals film was pretty impressive...he was nasty. This kid has a better chance at LT then '09 signee Eric Shrive...Shrive is probably destined for RT only while Ricketts could play either side as well as OG (although I doubt he plays OG at PSU). Unless it is a weight thing, I don't understand it...PSU does a lot of zone blocking and we have had much more success kids coming in around 265-290. Interior guys seem to usually play around 300-305 (Troutman this year at 325 stands out) while OTs are usually around 315-325. But it is the kids that come in at 325-335 pounds that seem to flame out....unless Shrive was over 300 in this past class, I don't think we've taken an OLineman out of HS that was over 300 pounds these past 4 classes.

bearsfan_51
08-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Ugh....here we go again....

ToldLikeItIs
08-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Silas seems like a brighter Lache.

Best APB: Dj Morgan
Best Back: Mack Brown

Best back overral, Dj Morgan

sbh15
08-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Almost every UF player is extremely overrated by ESPN. So take those with a grain of salt. Dowling at number 7 overall? Dorsey at number 11 overall? Mack Brown at number 14 overall? Ian Silberman at number 21 overall? Gerald Christian at number 30 overall? Leon Orr at number 69 overall? Soloman Patton at number 75 overall. I mean really? The only one they have ranked properly is Matt Elam. All good players. There's no way you can convince me that Dorsey, Silberman, Orr and Patton are even top 100 players. Much less, top 75 and top 20 like some of them are. And Dowling is a top 50 guys, not a top 10 guy.

On Dowling: He's one of the best coverage safety's in the class, but #7 is a complete joke. He should drop down probably into the 40's. Dorsey at #11 is just a ******* joke. I recall them calling him the complete package. Mack Brown at #14 is too high, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a 6.0 on the Rivals rankings. Silberman is going to continue to move up those rankings. The 257 that he's listed as has shot up to about 290, he's athletic as hell, too. Christian is a beast, and I honestly think he's aptly rated, but Orr isn't a top 150 until he shows that he's more than plain athleticism. And yes, Patton at #75 is nearly as laughable as Dorsey.

As you can see there's a lot of bias from me, but from what I see from these guys, they're beasts.

DoWnThEfiElD
08-06-2009, 02:24 PM
are those really the big issues you have with that list, not saying you are wrong but there are things WAY more wrong about that list

I never said I have big issues, that was you. Its a list subject to change and I don't care about rankings all that much. However, yes, Henderson is one of the two best players in the nation hands down, probably a better LT prospect than Andre Smith.

PENNSTATEHOMER
08-06-2009, 02:47 PM

I can't help it...

keylime_5
08-06-2009, 03:06 PM
So DT Jonathon Hankins is gonna commit to Ohio State sometime this month....there was/is a lot of questionability about whether he has an offer (weight issues and academic issues to boot). He says he does and talked to the coaches about it and all. If he's not lying to the media he should be commitment #11 for Ohio State (or maybe #12 if Chad Hagan beats him to the punch). Interesting recruit considering he claims offers from Ohio State and Oklahoma but not MSU or UM.

srv fan
08-06-2009, 03:21 PM

I don't think you understand. Player X is committed to my school Y, and therefore they are the greatest (if highly ranked)/ underrated (if not) prospect at position Z in the history of football.

MSU LB/DE commit Will Gholston to look around. He hasn't decommitted, but the meltdown from East Lansing is fantastic right now.

The entire situation is hilarious. RCMB is currently going through the "denial" phase of grief, tending towards the "anger". Next will come the rationalization. I still think he ends up at MSU, but he's going to make Sparty sweat bullets over it.

On a side note, Gholston not wanting to play DE only adds to my perception of him as one of the biggest hit/miss prospects in this class. I'm not going to downplay his talent just because UM wanted him and he has no interest- he has pretty much the perfect height/weight/athleticism combination coming out of high school to end up being a Mario Williams-esque monster of a defensive end, if he lives up to his natural ability. That said, he has no future as a LB (his preferred position), yet has looked completely clueless playing from a three-point stance in camps. None of the burst he's shown from the LB spot, complete lack of leverage and hands, etc. Obviously, he's still just a kid and will receive some coaching at State, but there is a good chance he either (a) uses his leverage, as a top national recruit for a program desperately looking for prestige, to get the coaching staff letting him play him at LB and not DE in order to secure his recruitment (b) acquiesces and switches positions, but never picks the technique up since he doesn't want to be there.

Either going to be amazing for State, or a bust.

srv fan
08-06-2009, 03:31 PM
So DT Jonathon Hankins is gonna commit to Ohio State sometime this month....there was/is a lot of questionability about whether he has an offer (weight issues and academic issues to boot). He says he does and talked to the coaches about it and all. If he's not lying to the media he should be commitment #11 for Ohio State (or maybe #12 if Chad Hagan beats him to the punch). Interesting recruit considering he claims offers from Ohio State and Oklahoma but not MSU or UM.

Yeah, neither instate program offered Hankins, yet tOSU and Oklahoma did. This is especially weird because both UM and MSU could really use a player like him. UM is desperate for defensive tackles, especially at the NT position (which Hankins appears to be custom built for), and MSU because they are trying to take advantage of UM's recent struggles and snap up any and all decent MI players to build local recruiting pipelines.

I would take this as a pretty strong negative sign on him. UM and MSU have major connections and familiarity with Hankin's HS and its staff, and the fact that both declined to offer due to weight and work ethic and academic issues makes me think they know something the OOS programs don't.

I fully expect tOSU fans to take the rosiest possible perspective on him, but not to even get a conditional offer (i.e. lose some weight and go to class, and we'll take you) from either in-state school, who know him and his coaches better than anyone else, really says something.

keylime_5
08-06-2009, 08:10 PM
per Bucknuts.com, PA safety Chad Hagan to Ohio State. 6-1/220/4.3 guy who has very little HS football experience.

And as far as Hankins goes, there's a lot of fans against Hankins' alleged offer or on the fence. But I suppose we have enough room to take a risk on a big space eater like that, very few of them on the roster right now that can play naturally at 300 lbs.

bigbenn
08-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Depends on how the 09 season goes, imo, but right now Illinois is easily the favorite for Prater. And with the offensive recruits they are bringing in, it may be easy for him to want to be a part of Illinois '10 class.

This, and it's an understatement....BTW, Prater might be even more hyped than he is when he see some of the new additions he'll be playing with such as Terry Hawthorne, Jack Ramsey, Cordale Scott, and ESPECIALLY Justin Green. Watch out for him at RB. I've been wanting Illinois to have one of those Javid Best type backs and Green fits that mold. And the best part about it is he is a compact 195 right now (Surprising when you look at his profile) with the ability to get up to 200-205 very quickly. He could wind up in the 215 pound range.

bigbenn
08-07-2009, 01:07 AM

Yeah that was crazy but when you look at it, Lane Tech is a premier school in the city and one of the smartest (I got accepted there when I chose my HS FWIW:) ) so I should've known LaKen wasn't kidding when he was talking about academics. It's too bad because he has the potential to be an absolute beast. I was calling him the best OL prospect in Illinois way back when Christian Lombard was getting that hype and I was calling him overrated (Which got some 'homer' responses from even some of the Illini fans). LaKen has BIG time potential.

HindSight
08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Yeah, neither instate program offered Hankins, yet tOSU and Oklahoma did. This is especially weird because both UM and MSU could really use a player like him. UM is desperate for defensive tackles, especially at the NT position (which Hankins appears to be custom built for), and MSU because they are trying to take advantage of UM's recent struggles and snap up any and all decent MI players to build local recruiting pipelines.

I would take this as a pretty strong negative sign on him. UM and MSU have major connections and familiarity with Hankin's HS and its staff, and the fact that both declined to offer due to weight and work ethic and academic issues makes me think they know something the OOS programs don't.

I fully expect tOSU fans to take the rosiest possible perspective on him, but not to even get a conditional offer (i.e. lose some weight and go to class, and we'll take you) from either in-state school, who know him and his coaches better than anyone else, really says something.
MSU and Michigan know something that OSU and Oklahoma don't......and so does every MSU/Michigan/OSU messageboarder? Those coaches at Ohio State and Oklahoma are really out of the loop.

keylime_5
08-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Yeah that was crazy but when you look at it, Lane Tech is a premier school in the city and one of the smartest (I got accepted there when I chose my HS FWIW:) ) so I should've known LaKen wasn't kidding when he was talking about academics. It's too bad because he has the potential to be an absolute beast. I was calling him the best OL prospect in Illinois way back when Christian Lombard was getting that hype and I was calling him overrated (Which got some 'homer' responses from even some of the Illini fans). LaKen has BIG time potential.

I wonder where they'll put him at Duke...b/c a lot of schools recruited him as an OG and he certainly looks good on all that HS highlight tape of him on the OLine....but some schools did look at him as a DT first, and one thing about big guys is that you usually play them at DT over OG if they are quick enough to play DT.

srv fan
08-07-2009, 01:11 PM
MSU and Michigan know something that OSU and Oklahoma don't......and so does every MSU/Michigan/OSU messageboarder? Those coaches at Ohio State and Oklahoma are really out of the loop.

I think it's reasonable to assume that the universities that are a stone's throw away from Detroit, have the most scouts and insiders working the recruiting scene, and most importantly produce most of the HS coaches in the area, know the scene better than a school sitting a thousand miles away.

P-L
08-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I leave for a couple months and now that I'm back I see a certain Ohio State fan is trolling Michigan fans. Well, that's one thing that will probably never change.

JFLO
08-07-2009, 08:52 PM
My Top 10 Recruits for 2010

01. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina Uncommitted Projected Commit: Auburn

02. Ronald Powell DE California Uncommitted Projected Commit: Southern California

03. Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas Uncommitted Projected Commit: Texas

04. Darius White WR Texas Uncommitted Projected Commit: Texas

05. Seantrel Henderson OT Minnesota Uncommitted Projected Commit: Notre Dame

06. Robert Woods WR California Uncommitted Projected Commit: Southern California

07. Jordan Hicks LB Ohio Uncommitted Projected Commit: Texas

08. Michael Dyer RB Arkansas Uncommitted Projected Commit: Arkansas

09. Chris Martin DE New Jersey Committed to Notre Dame

10. Shariff Floyd DT Pennsylvania Uncommitted Projected Commit: Penn State

brat316
08-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Floyd is going to commit to Temple.

JFLO
08-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Floyd is going to commit to Temple.

If he was a lot less talented...

Here is a list of some other guys I like for this class...

J.R. Ferguson DE Virginia Uncommitted Projected Commit: Tennessee

Da'Rick Rogers WR Georgia Committed to Georgia

Khairi Fortt LB Conneticut Uncommitted Projected Commit: North Carolina

Robert Crisp OT North Carolina Committed to North Carolina State

Alec Ogletree S Georgia Committed to Georgia

Trovon Reed WR Louisiana Uncommitted Projected Commit: Louisiana State

Phillip Sims QB Virginia Committed to Alabama

Christian Thomas TE California Uncommitted Projected Commit: Oklahoma

Ivan McCartney WR Florida Uncommitted Projected Commit: North Carolina

Eric Reid S Louisiana Committed to Louisiana State

keylime_5
08-07-2009, 09:23 PM

01. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina Uncommitted Projected Commit: South Carolina

02. Ronald Powell DE California Uncommitted Projected Commit: Southern California

03. Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas Uncommitted Projected Commit: Texas

04. Darius White WR Texas Uncommitted Projected Commit: Oklahoma

05. Seantrel Henderson OT Minnesota Uncommitted Projected Commit: USC

06. Robert Woods WR California Uncommitted Projected Commit: Southern California

07. Jordan Hicks LB Ohio Uncommitted Projected Commit: Ohio State

08. Michael Dyer RB Arkansas Uncommitted Projected Commit: Arkansas

10. Shariff Floyd DT Pennsylvania Uncommitted Projected Commit: Penn State

some subtle changes for the better : )

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Trovon Reed WR Louisiana Uncommitted Projected Commit: Louisiana Statehands of glue

seen this kid play IRL. Tha Troof.

superman8456
08-08-2009, 12:25 AM

So basically everyone is staying in state?

kwilk103
08-08-2009, 01:28 AM
If he was a lot less talented...

Here is a list of some other guys I like for this class...

J.R. Ferguson DE Virginia Uncommitted Projected Commit: Tennessee

Da'Rick Rogers WR Georgia Committed to Georgia

Khairi Fortt LB Conneticut Uncommitted Projected Commit: North Carolina

Robert Crisp OT North Carolina Committed to North Carolina State

Alec Ogletree S Georgia Committed to Georgia

Trovon Reed WR Louisiana Uncommitted Projected Commit: Louisiana State

Phillip Sims QB Virginia Committed to Alabama

Christian Thomas TE California Uncommitted Projected Commit: Oklahoma

Ivan McCartney WR Florida Uncommitted Projected Commit: North Carolina

mccartney=wvu

wicket
08-08-2009, 02:49 AM

05. Seantrel Henderson OT Minnesota Uncommitted Projected Commit: Notre Dame

Im a biased ND fan and i dont even think we will land seantrel, it will be close if we have a good season but still. The fun thing is the diversity of reports regarding our chances with him, but the things i need to know are that he has yet to visit campus and he doesnt like coaching instability

JFLO
08-08-2009, 08:54 AM

I've read that Lattimore has been talking a lot about South Carolina lately, but he'll realize that he would be better off at Auburn, UNC or even Penn State.

I think Henderson would end up at Minnesota before going to USC...

Believe me, I would love to put Jordan Hicks at Ohio State rather than Texas, but from every thing I've read on him and everything that I have listened to him say, it's all Texas.

On Darius White, it could be wherever at this point...I know that Oklahoma is supposedly the "leader" for his talents, but I really don't see that lasting that long. A sleeper for White though is Oklahoma State. They have been recruiting him hard all off-season and I wouldn't be surprised if he chooses them.

ToldLikeItIs
08-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Darius White is no where near top 20.

The best WR in the country is DaRick Rogers with Ivan McCartney a close 2nd.

Hines
08-08-2009, 10:54 AM
I've read that Lattimore has been talking a lot about South Carolina lately, but he'll realize that he would be better off at Auburn, UNC or even Penn State.

Believe me, I would love to put Jordan Hicks at Ohio State rather than Texas, but from every thing I've read on him and everything that I have listened to him say, it's all Texas.

On Darius White, it could be wherever at this point...I know that Oklahoma is supposedly the "leader" for his talents, but I really don't see that lasting that long. A sleeper for White though is Oklahoma State. They have been recruiting him hard all off-season and I wouldn't be surprised if he chooses them.

Fortt is going to Penn State. I would not be surprised if he is a silent commit already. He is playing the Justin Brown game IMO.

keylime_5
08-08-2009, 11:20 AM

watch what they do not what they say. Henderson is wide open, no one knows what he's thinking. He seems like a guy who wants to go to the big time stage from his father's words, and his top three are tOSU, USC, and Florida. He's not gonna use an official on Minnesota, and Notre Dame hasn't been in his top ten for a while. That's telling.

Hicks' mom wants him to stay closer to home and most of the recruiting experts think he'll stay home in the end. The longer his recruitment lasts the worse it is for Texas.

bearsfan_51
08-08-2009, 11:28 AM
He seems like a guy who wants to go to the big time stage from his father's words, and his top three are tOSU, USC, and Florida.
All of this is according to his father, who clearly wants him to go to a big school. It's unclear what Seantrel wants, and think it would be a mistake to assume that his father speaks for him.

CashmoneyDrew
08-08-2009, 12:04 PM
DeMarco Cobbs loved his visit to Tennessee and apparently there's a lot of talk about him and Dietrich Riley being silent commits.

wicket
08-08-2009, 12:07 PM

imo your wrong, wrong and wrong on those three seperate statements. Of course you are free to disagree but my top 3 wideouts are:
1 Robert Woods
2 Darius White
3 Kyle Prater

and there are a few guys tht i would take before rogers and McCartney

jballa838
08-08-2009, 01:51 PM
i feel bad for these kids. Choosing a college for athletics is tough enough, and everyone wants something different from you. And I dont even have teh cameras in my face like these kids

keylime_5
08-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Bill Kurelic says CA CB Josh Shaw had an incredible visit to Columbus and OSU is his new leader. Great news if it'll last, I wonder if we can hold off USC and get a top 50 player from OOS again. Not many people expected him to really seriously consider us in the past, and I haven't followed his recruitment that closely until recently, could be a nice consolation prize if we don't get Joyner.

StackJaxx
08-08-2009, 05:08 PM
WRs Davon Dunn and Josh Harper verbal to cal today, both nice pick ups and solid backup plans for when woods commits to U$C.
Woods needs to pull a DeSean.

CashmoneyDrew
08-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Tennessee just got a commitment from Georgia LB Michael Taylor. 6'1", 205 lb that's a high 3 star. Has a very impressive offer list. Also an early enrollee which is a plus.

wicket
08-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Tennessee just got a commitment from Georgia LB Michael Taylor. 6'1", 205 lb that's a high 3 star. Has a very impressive offer list. Also an early enrollee which is a plus.

good pickup, i think that guy will be a 4* kid after all is said and done

bigbenn
08-08-2009, 08:38 PM

The best WR in the country is Kyle Prater.

JFLO
08-08-2009, 10:13 PM
I think at this point in the recruiting stage, which keep in mind is very early, a lot of Prater's stock is hype. His physical presence alone is enough to get him a lot of nods' for best receiver.

The same can be said for Robert Woods' speed. Darius White, IMO, is the most sound, technical receiver out of all of the receivers in this class, with Ambles second.

One receiver to watch out for is Trovon Reed. The guy is a clone of Andre Debose, but a little bit lighter, but IMO, better hands than Debose. If Reed has a good senior year, I think he could be a Top 10 recruit by end of session.

TigerBait45
08-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I don't think Reed is quite as explosive as DeBose but I do think they are similarly typed receivers. It looks like they could have similar top-ends but DeBose is like two steps and he's at full speed, it takes Trovon a little bit more to get there.

He's had a quiet recruitment so far.. he hasn't really been pushing the camp circuit this summer but he lost his mother earlier this year so I can't really blame him for not wanting to deal with all that.

ToldLikeItIs
08-09-2009, 04:03 AM
Woods is a great athlete, not a great WR. He's Percy Harvin plus an inch or so.

Rogers is a borderline amazing athlete, and a fantastic WR. (6'3 210 4.3 42 vert)

McCartney is probably a better WR and a little less of an athlete.

Prater is a future TE/ Patrick Turner clone.

Darius White sits behind DaRick Rogers, Ivan McCartney, Martavis Bryant, and in my opinoin, Mike Davis, as a WR.

I'm also high on Ambles, he runs great routes. His character issues and lack of breakaway speed make me a little cautious.

Rogers is going to be Andre Johnson in college, and McCartney might remind people of Mr. Moss.

bigbenn
08-09-2009, 04:20 AM
Woods is a great athlete, not a great WR. He's Percy Harvin plus an inch or so.

Rogers is a borderline amazing athlete, and a fantastic WR. (6'3 210 4.3 42 vert)

McCartney is probably a better WR and a little less of an athlete.

Prater is a future TE/ Patrick Turner clone.

Darius White sits behind DaRick Rogers, Ivan McCartney, Martavis Bryant, and in my opinoin, Mike Davis, as a WR.

I'm also high on Ambles, he runs great routes. His character issues and lack of breakaway speed make me a little cautious.

Rogers is going to be Andre Johnson in college, and McCartney might remind people of Mr. Moss.

No...Prater is faster than Patrick Turner dreams of being. I love how people watch his tape and assume this. He's a glider, so it doesn't look like he's fast until he's past you. And now he's much faster/explosive so all that will go out the window when his film of this upcoming season comes out. Or we can just wait until he murders your Hawkeyes.:)

JFLO
08-09-2009, 08:36 AM
I agree about Da'Rick Rogers having the potential to be an Andre Johnson type receiver at the next level, but he has a lot of polishing to do when it comes to being a more sound and technical receiver.

I'm sticking with Darius White for now. When you watch him on film, it honestly looks like a man amongst boys. He plays bigger than what he is listed and is more agile than one would expect.

However, wide receiver is a positon, especially this year, that has the ability to shake tremendously. I wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Rogers, Reed, Davis or another sleeper of mine, Kadron Boone to be atop the rankings by February.

Foosballphan
08-09-2009, 09:36 AM
No...Prater is faster than Patrick Turner dreams of being. I love how people watch his tape and assume this. He's a glider, so it doesn't look like he's fast until he's past you. And now he's much faster/explosive so all that will go out the window when his film of this upcoming season comes out. Or we can just wait until he murders your Hawkeyes.:)

I had no idea the Hawkeyes were playing Tennessee in the near future. :p

bigbenn
08-09-2009, 11:41 AM
I had no idea the Hawkeyes were playing Tennessee in the near future. :p

Lol...I would advise you not to get your hopes up. I mean you can if you want, but it'll be a waste of time.

ToldLikeItIs
08-09-2009, 11:56 AM
I am in no way slighting Prater Benn. In my opinion he's going to be a player like Travis Beckum.

CashmoneyDrew
08-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Lol...I would advise you not to get your hopes up. I mean you can if you want, but it'll be a waste of time.

He's stated USC is his leader though. I think Tennessee is probably currently in 4th for him behind USC, and a little behind Oklahoma and Illinois.

bigbenn
08-09-2009, 12:03 PM
He's stated USC is his leader though. I think Tennessee is probably currently in 4th for him behind USC, and a little behind Oklahoma and Illinois.

I know who he has stated...let's just say Illinois leads.

bigbenn
08-09-2009, 12:06 PM
I am in no way slighting Prater Benn. In my opinion he's going to be a player like Travis Beckum.

I understand what you're saying, but he won't be a TE (I know Beckum was more like a big WR). Prater is a monster WR prospect. The only people who make those assumptions is those who haven't seen him live. And he's only gotten faster and more explosive (Dominating, running away from some of the best/fastest DB's in the country) so I can't wait to see him. He is in the Julio Jones, AJ Green, Mike Floyd, etc. category.

JFLO
08-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Who all have said that they want to enroll early?

These are the people I have so far:

Kyle Prater
Lache Seastrunk (I don't believe it)

TigerBait45
08-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Seastrunk wants to but he's got a lot of work to do if he'll be able to.

CashmoneyDrew
08-09-2009, 04:34 PM
These Vol commits have all stated that they plan to graduate high school early and enroll in college in January.......
-Markeith Ambles, WR
-Jacques Smith, DE
-Matt Milton, WR
-Michael Taylor, LB
-Jose Jose, OL
Plus the three JUCOs we have committed so far.

ToldLikeItIs
08-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Can Markeith Ambles even read?

CashmoneyDrew
08-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Can Markeith Ambles even read?

From what I've read he's an average student.

JFLO
08-09-2009, 06:31 PM
From what I've read he's an average student.

Translation into recruiting language: He is a D student, whose grades are turned into Cs.

Newbs24
08-09-2009, 06:54 PM
I thought Devin Gardner was going to enroll early.
Marvin Robinson is on pace to as well, thats why he hasn't done any camps.
As of now it is only Marvin for sure.

CashmoneyDrew
08-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Translation into recruiting language: He is a D student, whose grades are turned into Cs.

I'm not sure. I'm not gonna poo-poo a kid's Intelligence like that over Internet rumors and stuff. Not my style. But I do remember reading that his GPA was like 2.9 which isn't great, but that's close to a B and he had average SAT scores. But I never took the SATs, I took the ACT so I don't know how the scoring for that works.

Hines
08-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Paul Jones and Silas Redd are enrolling early I believe so far out of the Penn State commits. Fortt is going to enroll early, but I didn't list him because he isn't a commit yet.

BigJohn98
08-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Eduardo Clements says his leader is Michigan, followed by Miami, with Georgia in third. Good god. A new leader every day.

wicket
08-10-2009, 07:19 AM
i only have spencer boyd and lo wood as ee for ND as far as i'm aware of

ironman4579
08-10-2009, 07:39 AM
I thought Devin Gardner was going to enroll early.
Marvin Robinson is on pace to as well, thats why he hasn't done any camps.
As of now it is only Marvin for sure.

Are you sure you don't mean Ricardo Miller? I can't imagine he doesn't at least plan to enroll early, seeing as he moved to Michigan. Actually being able to EE is another story, but I can't imagine he wouldn't if he could.

Sniper
08-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Are you sure you don't mean Ricardo Miller? I can't imagine he doesn't at least plan to enroll early, seeing as he moved to Michigan. Actually being able to EE is another story, but I can't imagine he wouldn't if he could.

I think they both plan on it.

ironman4579
08-10-2009, 09:46 AM
I think they both plan on it.

I agree, I was just surprised that newbs mentioned Robinson and not Miller.

ToldLikeItIs
08-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Shumpert, Kirksey, Davis soon

JFLO
08-10-2009, 11:04 AM
According to ESPN, Ohio State is now far and away the front runner for California cornerback Josh Shaw.

If he commits to the Buckeyes then their secondary should be decently stacked for years to come. Imagine if Frankenstein were to commit as well...sick!

bearsfan_51
08-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Shumpert, Kirksey, Davis soon
Shumpert said like two days ago that Minnesota is his #1. Quit making **** up.

bigbenn
08-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Dior Mathis now visiting Illinois for an official. Zook him...:)

It'll be interesting to see who gets that spot or if they take more than one more CB/DB because there are some big time options and others who are becoming more interested.

Sniper
08-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Better Illinois than MSU for Dior. It's getting a little annoying to hear how MSU is "dominating" the in-state recruiting by taking kids that UM doesn't even offer. Plus, let's keep MSU out of Cass Tech. UM cooled on Dior, so I'd rather see him at Illinois.

wicket
08-10-2009, 01:30 PM
According to ESPN, Ohio State is now far and away the front runner for California cornerback Josh Shaw.

If he commits to the Buckeyes then their secondary should be decently stacked for years to come. Imagine if Frankenstein were to commit as well...sick!

jep i know they reported it but i dont buy it, they are the third team in that race at best (maybe shaw doesnt even think so himself at the moment in his visit afterglow but I still feel so)

keylime_5
08-10-2009, 01:38 PM
"Ohio State is my leader by a mile" - Josh Shaw after his visit. Noted how much more important football was to people in Columbus than in LA.

HindSight
08-10-2009, 01:55 PM
I leave for a couple months and now that I'm back I see a certain Ohio State fan is trolling Michigan fans. Well, that's one thing that will probably never change.
god I'm tired of you sensitive Michigan fans. it's not trolling just because it questions your Michigan = Everything belief system.

jesus christ.

HindSight
08-10-2009, 01:57 PM
I think it's reasonable to assume that the universities that are a stone's throw away from Detroit, have the most scouts and insiders working the recruiting scene, and most importantly produce most of the HS coaches in the area, know the scene better than a school sitting a thousand miles away.
I think it's reasonable to assume that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaching staffs know what they're doing, and they do their homework. The recruiters know everything about the kids they're recruiting at these schools. To claim that the Michigan and MSU staffs know something that the OSU and Oklahoma staffs don't is silly.

ToldLikeItIs
08-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Shumpert and Kirksey were in Iowa City over the weekend, and are deciding soon.

Neither have visited Minnesota.

He's never called Minnesota his #1.

wicket
08-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I think it's reasonable to assume that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaching staffs know what they're doing, and they do their homework. The recruiters know everything about the kids they're recruiting at these schools. To claim that the Michigan and MSU staffs know something that the OSU and Oklahoma staffs don't is silly.

homestead recruiters have better connections with the high school coaches though, so if there are character flaws that arent apparent in normal contact they will know about it quicker.
Not saying its the only way that this can happen but i have to admit its a bit odd that a guy good enough to be offered by ohio state and oklahoma has no offer by both michigan and msu. The difference in grade requirements is not big enough between the schools either prolly so i hate to admit it but i can see the point the wolverine fans here are trying to make although i do not accept it as the only explanation of this discrepancy

Sniper
08-10-2009, 02:23 PM
homestead recruiters have better connections with the high school coaches though, so if there are character flaws that arent apparent in normal contact they will know about it quicker.
Not saying its the only way that this can happen but i have to admit its a bit odd that a guy good enough to be offered by ohio state and oklahoma has no offer by both michigan and msu.

Especially considering Michigan's dire need for DL.

HindSight
08-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Listen, if people on this message board know about it, then people on the coaching staffs of Oklahoma and Ohio State know about it, too. It's just that simple.

Maybe the situations at Oklahoma and Ohio State allow for them to take a risk on kids with supposed work ethic issues. Maybe those staffs think they can whip him into shape. Maybe Dantonio doesn't like big DTs and Rodriguez is an idiot who can't evaluate talent. Who the hell knows? But to claim that the MSU and Michigan coaches have information that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaches don't is just stupid.

HindSight
08-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Especially considering Michigan's dire need for DL.
You'd think considering Michigan's dire need for actual defensive players (not hybrid's or ATHs), they'd stop recruiting tiny WRs/RBs too. I think they've proven they aren't going with conventional logic.

Sniper
08-10-2009, 02:31 PM
You'd think considering Michigan's dire need for actual defensive players (not hybrid's or ATHs), they'd stop recruiting tiny WRs/RBs too. I think they've proven they aren't going with conventional logic.

They're full on offense unless a super wants to commit. Nice attempt, though. They had Hankins at camp and tested his conditioning by having him run four straight plays. After the third and fourth, an oxygen tank would have been a nice present for Hankins.

wicket
08-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Listen, if people on this message board know about it, then people on the coaching staffs of Oklahoma and Ohio State know about it, too. It's just that simple.

Maybe the situations at Oklahoma and Ohio State allow for them to take a risk on kids with supposed work ethic issues. Maybe those staffs think they can whip him into shape. Maybe Dantonio doesn't like big DTs and Rodriguez is an idiot who can't evaluate talent. Who the hell knows? But to claim that the MSU and Michigan coaches have information that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaches don't is just stupid.

Im not saying that anyone on this message board knows it.

I think that better contacts with the HS coaches can make a difference in the eagerness of a program to offer someone

HindSight
08-10-2009, 02:41 PM
They're full on offense unless a super wants to commit. Nice attempt, though. They had Hankins at camp and tested his conditioning by having him run four straight plays. After the third and fourth, an oxygen tank would have been a nice present for Hankins.
And you know about that. And so do I. But somehow the Ohio State and Oklahoma staffs don't? Seriously?

Sniper
08-10-2009, 02:50 PM
And you know about that. And so do I. But somehow the Ohio State and Oklahoma staffs don't? Seriously?

I understand what you're saying, and I'm really not trying to turn this into an argument. I just think it's really, really weird that neither in-state coach has offered. Dantonio will offer pretty much any borderline prospect from MI, especially from Southeastern. Rodriguez needs DT depth badly, and really could use an in-road to Southeastern. Trust me, I want Hankins to be offered. From the sound of it, he'd commit to UM in a second. I think that UM needs another NT type, and I don't see why they couldn't just redshirt him or something like that to make him shed weight.

HindSight
08-10-2009, 02:55 PM
My argument isn't whether it's weird or not that the in-state schools didn't offer but schools did like OSU and especially Oklahoma considering how much DL talent they put into the League. That's very weird. But somebody claimed that the MSU and Michigan coaching staffs knew something that the Ohio State and Oklahoma staffs didn't. That's just foolish.

bearsfan_51
08-10-2009, 02:59 PM
My argument isn't whether it's weird or not that the in-state schools didn't offer but schools did like OSU and especially Oklahoma considering how much DL talent they put into the League. That's very weird. But somebody claimed that the MSU and Michigan coaching staffs knew something that the Ohio State and Oklahoma staffs didn't. That's just foolish.
It's foolish that someone could possibly know something that someone else doesn't?

HindSight
08-10-2009, 03:03 PM
It's foolish that someone could possibly know something that someone else doesn't?
It's foolish that I know something that the Ohio State staff doesn't...yes.