PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

CC
02-06-2009, 04:57 PM
well with bama not 30 im sure about that cause then they would've hit that 85 schollie wall by know, the adjusted rankings are published but receive almost no attention. ND won all the adjusted rankings last year since they almost never lose anyone.

Until their sophmore season when they leave the school for "personal reasons" aka Weis being a douche.

wicket
02-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Until their sophmore season when they leave the school for "personal reasons" aka Weis being a douche.

you mean walls who has already returned

Bama9507
02-06-2009, 05:06 PM
For the Bama trashers...quit hating on the 2 time defending recruiting champions

ALABAMA NON-QUALIFIERS 2007-2008 [6]
Kerry Murphy _DT

****Accepted Gray-shirt due to injury****
Jermaine Preyear _RB

****Drafted in the MLB Draft*****
Destin Hood _WR
Melvin Ray _WR
Elliott McGaskin _DB

*****Transferred before Fall Enrollment****
Jamar Taylor _RB _3* _5-9 _204 _4.66 _5.7 _Lakeland, FL

wicket
02-06-2009, 05:08 PM
For the Bama trashers...quit hating on the 2 time defending recruiting champions

ALABAMA NON-QUALIFIERS 2007-2008 [6]
Kerry Murphy _DT

****Accepted Gray-shirt due to injury****
Jermaine Preyear _RB

****Drafted in the MLB Draft*****
Destin Hood _WR
Melvin Ray _WR
Elliott McGaskin _DB

*****Transferred before Fall Enrollment****
Jamar Taylor _RB _3* _5-9 _204 _4.66 _5.7 _Lakeland, FL

6 is maybe not ole missesque but still a bunch though. and i took alabama as example. ole miss would prolly be better

Hollywood
02-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Florida guys;

Any thoughts on Casey Turner RB and Calvin Smith DT? We are sitting well with both from what I understand.

Don't know much about Casey Turner but I thought I remember hearing that Calvin Smith's dad helped pushed Liuget to Illinois and Smith will follow. He is about 6'3'' 250 and will play DT in college. Claims to have a Miami offer too. Most think his teammate Corey Lemonier is the better prospect though.

Axl Rose
02-06-2009, 05:54 PM

Maybe we should talk about the huge list of players Dick Rod ran off. Or as Michigan fans put it, "lazy out of shape players that can't handle Barwis's regiment".

JoeyJr09
02-06-2009, 05:56 PM
Don't know much about Casey Turner but I thought I remember hearing that Calvin Smith's dad helped pushed Liuget to Illinois and Smith will follow. He is about 6'3'' 250 and will play DT in college. Claims to have a Miami offer too. Most think his teammate Corey Lemonier is the better prospect though.

His Step-Dad is the one that pushed Luiget to Illinois.

But Calvin Smith's momma wants him at Miami close to home.

When push comes to shove, who do you think is winning that battle?

Moot point tho. As I've already stated that we have 2 top 50 players that already play Smith's position and our staffs not likely to take him due to a numbers crunch at that spot.

I have heard he can play some OG tho. Not sure if our staff is willing to give him a look there.

I expect him at Illinois.

504 to ATL
02-06-2009, 06:01 PM
2 time defending recruiting champions

What?

chars

Marino13
02-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Maybe we should talk about the huge list of players Dick Rod ran off. Or as Michigan fans put it, "lazy out of shape players that can't handle Barwis's regiment".

that was one player, Justin Boren. Mario,Adrian, and Mallet were all gone no matter who was the coach.

Hollywood
02-06-2009, 06:16 PM
His Step-Dad is the one that pushed Luiget to Illinois.

But Calvin Smith's momma wants him at Miami close to home.

When push comes to shove, who do you think is winning that battle?

Moot point tho. As I've already stated that we have 2 top 50 players that already play Smith's position and our staffs not likely to take him due to a numbers crunch at that spot.

I have heard he can play some OG tho. Not sure if our staff is willing to give him a look there.

I expect him at Illinois.

I have heard he looks pretty bad on the O-line so yea..congratulations Illinois on getting a damn fine looking DT prospect.

That is going to be a recurring theme this year BTW, teams across the country are going to be getting some outstanding prospects from South Florida due to the high number of D-1 recruits here this year and the number crunches by the big three.

Hell, I could see a team like FIU sneaking into the top 50 recruiting classes, which I gotta think is pretty unheard of for a Sun Belt school.

P-L
02-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Please, let's talk about. I'd like to hear your uninformed opinion so I can get a good laugh.

CroomDawgs
02-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I like how Bama9507 had to private messgae me "You like Mississippi State "with rolls eyes emoticon instead of coming up with a legit response.

JoeyJr09
02-06-2009, 06:47 PM
I like how Bama9507 had to private messgae me "You like Mississippi State "with rolls eyes emoticon instead of coming up with a legit response.

He PMed me complaining about me neg reppin him for trolling on the Canes thread.

Just ignore the guy.

504 to ATL
02-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Well what can you say, he seems to be a die hard Bama fan...

Axl Rose
02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Please, let's talk about. I'd like to hear your uninformed opinion so I can get a good laugh.

Well we had Justin Boren who transfered, the Michigan fans reasoning of course was that he was fat and wasn't man enough to handle Barwis's work out routine.

We had Sam McGuffie transfer, of course Michigan fans spined it as it not really being a loss. Even though last year they swore up and down that he would hurdle over all the competition on route to a 2,000+ yard season and a Heisman trophy. But now that he transfered he was to small for the rugged Big10 schedule and most likely not man enough for Barwis's work outs either.

Zion Babb, Patilla, Kates, Artis Chambers, Mixon, Mallet, James McKinney, Alex Mitchell, ect. All gone, apparently none man enough to handle Barwis's work outs.

sbh15
02-06-2009, 07:17 PM
From what I can infer from the Rivals article, Mack Brown named Florida as his leader

504 to ATL
02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
He PMed me complaining about me neg reppin him for trolling on the Canes thread.

Just ignore the guy.

Part of me wants to congratulate him, he is rising in neg rep faster than I ever did. Heck, soon he will surpass me.

P-L
02-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Well we had Justin Boren who transfered, the Michigan fans reasoning of course was that he was fat and wasn't man enough to handle Barwis's work out routine.
And you have information to the contrary? I find it hard to believe that some Notre Dame homer knows more about the Michigan program than insiders with connections to the program. Andy Moeller wasn't there to coddle Boren and Rod and his staff "pushed" him too hard and swore a few too many times. Rod and his staff don't baby their players like Lloyd and his staff did. Most of the guys had a real hard time adjusting between the two regimes. Boren couldn't take it anymore and had to go home crying to daddy. Sorry, but if Boren wants to be pampered like a princess then he'll fit right in at Ohio State.

We had Sam McGuffie transfer, of course Michigan fans spined it as it not really being a loss. Even though last year they swore up and down that he would hurdle over all the competition on route to a 2,000+ yard season and a Heisman trophy. But now that he transfered he was to small for the rugged Big10 schedule and most likely not man enough for Barwis's work outs either.McGuffie transfered back close to home to be close to his 16 year old brother, who he was trying to help raise. He had nothing but great things to say about Michigan when he left and said it was hard for him to leave the program. But yeah, let's not let facts get in the way of our personal agenda.

Zion Babb,Babb was kicked off the team for violating team rules.

Patilla,He left because the new staff didn't baby him, like Boren. The difference between him and Boren is that he pretty admitted why he left. He was moved to fullback and got pissed.

Kates,This was a grades issue. Rod can't do these kids homework or take their test. He didn't leave because he didn't like Rod, he left because he did have the grades to legally play.

Chambers, MixonNo one really knows why they left.

Mallet,There were rumors that Mallet considered transfering before the spring of his freshman year. This is before Rich Rod got to Michigan while Lloyd was still coach. When Rod got there he asked Mallett to stay and told him he'd build his offense around him. Well Mallett left anyway...

James McKinney,He left before Lloyd's last season, but keep pulling names out of your ass.

Alex Mitchell,This is the one guy who really was fat and couldn't handle Barwis' workouts. He got up to 360 lbs and told the new staff their workouts were "too hard."

If you have any evidence that disproves anything I said, post it.

CC
02-06-2009, 07:41 PM

Reuland, Gary Gray, and Carufel come to mind just off the top of my head.

Say what you want about Michigan, but that's kids who didn't commit to Rod and the spread, they commited to Lloyd and the traditional Michigan offense.

wicket
02-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Reuland, Gary Gray, and Carufel come to mind just off the top of my head.

Say what you want about Michigan, but that's kids who didn't commit to Rod and the spread, they commited to Lloyd and the traditional Michigan offense.

reuland transferred for more playing time, carufel the same and gary gray will be returning to the team in the summer. so if you try and show that weis is a sob by naming 2 guys who left 2 seasons ago looking for more playing time yay you.

CLong4Heisman
02-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Don't forget Demetrius Jones. Named the starter, played like total garbage (sacked like 8 times). Never told Weis he was leaving until 230 the day BEFORE the game against Michigan.
He's now collecting dust on the Cincinnati bench.

Sniper
02-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Mallett was loathed by coaches and teammates. The guy almost transferred the second he stepped on campus because he was homesick.

P-L covered the rest.

EDIT: Oh, Boren. Word has it he had beef with Rodriguez not allowing him to go home and work for his dad's snow-blowing rig. Rodriguez wanted him to stay on campus and work out, Boren wanted to shovel snow.

Sniper
02-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Chambers probably transferred because he realized if you can't beat out Stevie Brown, Charles Stewart, Michael Williams and Brandon Harrison, you're never going to play.

BRAVEHEART
02-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Chambers probably transferred because he realized if you can't beat out Stevie Brown, Charles Stewart, Michael Williams and Brandon Harrison, you're never going to play.

I don't know why, but I laughed when I read that.

sbh15
02-06-2009, 09:05 PM
What's the word on Seantrel Henderson? Where's he leaning to?

I love it when Florida is up against northern schools, weather is an easy pitch to make.

Sniper
02-06-2009, 09:07 PM

I love it when Florida is up against northern schools, weather is an easy pitch to make.

Yeah, but proximity doesn't help.

BRAVEHEART
02-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Says he hates UF and CUM so much, that he'll never think about coming there.

I got a quote from him

I hate UF...so much

Sniper
02-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Says he hates UF and CUM so much, that he'll never think about coming there.

I got a quote from him

Alright, I'm going to ask one favor. Can we stop acting like 13 year olds with the insults? scUM, CUM, U$C, O$U, Gaytors, and whatever the **** other dumb ones you have aren't funny or creative. They're not. Ever. NOT EVEN IF THERE'S A FIRE!

Thank you and good day.

wicket
02-06-2009, 09:11 PM
i really like nd in seantrels case, minnesota has a decent shot, a small shot for osu and usc

JoeyJr09
02-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Just a suggestion,

might be easier to move this convo to the transfer thread that is epty instead of piling up the new 2010 recruiting one.

BRAVEHEART
02-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Alright, I'm going to ask one favor. Can we stop acting like 13 year olds with the insults? scUM, CUM, U$C, O$U, Gaytors, and whatever the **** other dumb ones you have aren't funny or creative. They're not. Ever. NOT EVEN IF THERE'S A FIRE!

Thank you and good day.

I can say what i wanna say, aint nothing to it, gangsta rap made me do it.

Hollywood
02-06-2009, 09:14 PM

Thank you and good day.

What about Luckeyes? Are we allowed to say that one?

Sniper
02-06-2009, 09:14 PM

You can say what you want. I'm not a mod. I just think it makes you look like an eight year old ****** if you feel the need to say that type of stuff.

Hollywood
02-06-2009, 09:16 PM
You can say what you want. I'm not a mod. I just think it makes you look like an eight year old ****** if you feel the need to say that type of stuff.

It makes me look like an eight year old with the intelligence and looks of the perfect man? Thanks.

BRAVEHEART
02-06-2009, 09:16 PM

Aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made you do it.:D

bearsfan_51
02-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Seantrell Henderson isn't going to Florida. And weather? Gainesville ******* sucks. It's a backwater swamphole full of idiot rednecks, constantly humid, and no beach. Weather I can understand for a school like Miami or USC, but hotter doesn't necessarily = better.

CroomDawgs
02-07-2009, 12:37 AM
Axl Rose got owned haha

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Something about Paul Jones and the Penn. State coaches misleading him.

Said he called VT coaches soon after Paul Jones committed.

Just what I read.

I thought both his mother and father wanted him elsewhere...I recall his father being pretty involved throughout his recruitment and while it seemed that he liked MM, and PSU, he came off as someone that was shopping his son wherever he could develop into an NFL QB.

You know Newsome will remain a QB at PSU, the only thing I could think of that he could have been misled about was PSU's chances with Paul Jones. Hell, it was pretty much as close to a lock as you can get with PJ, regardless of what Bob L. or anyone else says.

Maybe the PSU coaches played Newsome a bit and made it seem like the prospects of other QBs coming in weren't very good, I'd have no problem with that and if that were a reason for being unsettled Kevin Newsome shouldn't concern himself with it.

Unless he sees himself as a big-time project, he should show some confidence and bust his a$$ as the #2, he will see the field in '09 (a lot) and is damn near a lock to start as a true sophomore - can't get any better then that. I think he has a really good relationship with MM, Daryll Clark and incoming OT recruit Eric Shrive - hopefully they'll reel him in.

djp
02-07-2009, 02:23 AM
Here is what I think on Henderson.

Notre Dame is not in as good as shape as their fans seem to think they are. Henderson seems enamored with USC and I think that if they really want him, ultimately they are going to get him.

Tim Brewster is going to put up one hell of a fight and I would not be shocked at all to see him stay home. Henderson has told media that he likes the idea of being the cornerstone recruit for a program much like Arrelious Benn was for Illinois, Derrick Williams at the resurgence of Penn State, and other players of that nature. He's also been spotted wearing Gopher gear a ton and the new coach at Cretin (Scanlan) is much more into the Gophers than Bischoff ever was.

Ultimately I think it comes down to Minnesota, USC, and Notre Dame. With USC as my prediction as of now. But so many things can happen from now and then this is really just a crappy estimate.

keylime_5
02-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Looks like Rodriguez and Michigan are trying the Zook strategy this year; offering lots of Ohio kids early on. Just the past week they've offered LaTwan Anderson, Jerald Robinson, and Antonio Kinard (not to mention other early offers like Darryl Baldwin, Derrick Bryant, etc.). Lane Kiffin looks like he's trying a similar strategy to get into Glenville, he offered DB Christian Bryant, not sure if he's gonna have any luck there but it's worth a try. I'm not sure about Kinard, but I think Ohio State will offer Anderson, Bryant, and maybe Robinson.

Sniper
02-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Looks like Rodriguez and Michigan are trying the Zook strategy this year; offering lots of Ohio kids early on. Just the past week they've offered LaTwan Anderson, Jerald Robinson, and Antonio Kinard (not to mention other early offers like Darryl Baldwin, Derrick Bryant, etc.). Lane Kiffin looks like he's trying a similar strategy to get into Glenville, he offered DB Christian Bryant, not sure if he's gonna have any luck there but it's worth a try. I'm not sure about Kinard, but I think Ohio State will offer Anderson, Bryant, and maybe Robinson.

I don't really think it's a "Zook strategy". From what I hear, Ohio is absolutely loaded for '10 prospects. The state of Michigan only has a couple elite players every year so of course he's going to have to dip into Ohio. I think UM signed 7 Ohioans last year.

How good is that Kinard kid? I think he's from the same HS as Isaiah Bell and Fitz Toussaint.

Hines
02-07-2009, 09:38 AM

Penn State is also thinking about offering him. What position does he project at in college since they have him listed at 6'4 200 pounds. I saw some film, but didn't pat attention enough to actually come away with anything from it. Care to tell me a little bit about him?

BamaFalcon59
02-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I thought both his mother and father wanted him elsewhere...I recall his father being pretty involved throughout his recruitment and while it seemed that he liked MM, and PSU, he came off as someone that was shopping his son wherever he could develop into an NFL QB.

You know Newsome will remain a QB at PSU, the only thing I could think of that he could have been misled about was PSU's chances with Paul Jones. Hell, it was pretty much as close to a lock as you can get with PJ, regardless of what Bob L. or anyone else says.

Maybe the PSU coaches played Newsome a bit and made it seem like the prospects of other QBs coming in weren't very good, I'd have no problem with that and if that were a reason for being unsettled Kevin Newsome shouldn't concern himself with it.

Unless he sees himself as a big-time project, he should show some confidence and bust his a$$ as the #2, he will see the field in '09 (a lot) and is damn near a lock to start as a true sophomore - can't get any better then that. I think he has a really good relationship with MM, Daryll Clark and incoming OT recruit Eric Shrive - hopefully they'll reel him in.

I responded to your message.

keylime_5
02-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Kinard's a good fit as a pass rushing OLB, but he's rather raw and very athletic. I don't know that much about him yet, he really popped on the radar just less than a month ago. Looks like Michigan is trying to get a good inroads to Liberty HS. Most of these guys like Robinson, Anderson, Bryant, and Kinard Ohio State won't decide on offering or not until spring, and then the chances of them landing with certain teams will become more clear. Jerald Robinson and Christian Bryant and probably LaTwan Anderson I think Ohio State offers, we might be more picky at linebacker since we already have 2 pretty much in the bag for 2010 in McVey and Turner.

P-L
02-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Jerald Robinson declared U-M his leader, but I'm not really sure on the situation. That might only be because he doesn't have an OSU offer yet.

keylime_5
02-07-2009, 12:19 PM
yeah, he's big on OSU ("If Ohio State would offer me a scholarship I would take it that day, no doubt about it. I wouldn't need to wait around for anything else, or take any time to think about it.") , but he won't find out if we're gonna offer him until sometime between spring and summer camp. I think we will, but if we don't Michigan has a great shot.

sbh15
02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Gator insiders and others expect 2010 FS Jonathan Dowling to commit to UF soon.

aPAMdmwzWO4

His highlights start at the 3:00 mark.

Hollywood
02-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Check out this video of Corey Lemmonier, DE Hialeah.

http://64.237.99.126/clips/NPN2010FLX5.wmv

If that's not a 5 star DE, I don't know what is...

sbh15
02-07-2009, 01:06 PM

He misses way too many tackles to be a 5*, but he looks raw...

Incredible athletic ability, a little coaching and he's a stud. I say 4* right now though.

Hollywood
02-07-2009, 01:17 PM
He misses way too many tackles to be a 5*, but he looks raw...

Incredible athletic ability, a little coaching and he's a stud. I say 4* right now though.

Yea you may be right and he probably will be a 4 star because of that, but man you can't teach that kind of speed, agility and size. My favorite thing though is the 'motor' on him. Usually the phrase motor is reserved for the slightly under athletic (my made up term) white guy who goes non stop; you'll rarely see it applied to freak athletes like Lemmonier, but based on that clip this guy has a non stop motor.

wicket
02-07-2009, 01:19 PM
looks less impressive than chris martin imo, but then again i am biased

Hollywood
02-07-2009, 01:23 PM

Chris Martin looks like a beast too, has some freakishly long arms. He is going to need to add a lot of weight though IMO before he can stay at DE full time.

wicket
02-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Chris Martin looks like a beast too, has some freakishly long arms. He is going to need to add a lot of weight though IMO before he can stay at DE full time.

jep but for us he'll be a 3-4 olb i think so he needs to add some weight but not that much.

VoteLynnSwan
02-07-2009, 02:02 PM

he looks very athletic... but the guy wasn't even blocked on about half the plays.

Hollywood
02-07-2009, 02:05 PM
he looks very athletic... but the guy wasn't even blocked on about half the plays.

Hey, it's not his fault he is too damn fast to block. ;)

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Thanks BAMAFALCON

----------

PSU already has two commits for 2010, so I'd think we're only going to have 14-15...we'll have to be pretty damn selective.

Players Ithink we have a great shot at:

-PA OT Seth Betancourt (6'6 285) - think he could commit fairly early - verbally offered

-PA OG Luke Graham (6'5 265) - PSU fan - no offer

-PA DE/OLB Dakota Royer (6'3 225) - PSU fan - verbally offer

-PA WR Andrew Carswell (6'4 200) - not sure we offer, teammates with QB PJ - no offer

-PA TE-DE-DT Kyle Baublitz (6'4 260) - not sure he'll get an early written offer - verbally offered

-NY OG Daquan Jones (6'4 305) - coach telling him look hard at PSU, likes PSU - no offer

-NY DE Dominique Easley (6'3 255) - PSU got in on him fairly early...we'll see - no offer

-CT RB Silas Redd (5'11 190) - PSU fan, visiting March 27th-29th - verbally offered

-MD WR Adrian Coxson (6'2 185) - visiting March 7th, former PSU WR/1st round WR Bryant Johnson told him to send his film to the PSU coaches - verbally offered

-DE CB C.J./William Jones (5'11 165) - pretty high on BC's campus/education, close friends with '09 DE PSU WR commit Justin Brown, combined with our recruiting in DE, I think we can get him if we want him.

Little less confident:
-CT LB Khairi Fortt (6'2 220) - will have any offer he wants, ND just offered - verbally offered

-OH ATH Ray Vinopal (5'11 180) - ties to tOSU and Oklahoma, I think - no offer

-OH ATH Andre Givens (6'2 185), early top 5...probably subject to change - no offer

-OH ATH-CB Braylon Heard (5'11 170) - our guy thinks something doesn't add up here - claims PSU verbal offer

-OH ATH Alex Zordich (6'3 190) - PSU legacy...not sure we offer with limited #s

-PA ATH Anthony Gonzalez (6'3 195) - QB-ATH as #2 QB/S recruit probably - verbally offered

-PA ATH Alex Kenney (6' 190) - on campus Friday (2/6) for unofficial - verbally offered

-PA ATH Chad Hagan (6'1 215) - doubt we offer, Hull's teammate - no offer

-PA DT Shariff Floyd - tough pull....we'll see - no offer...staff has been on him

-PA ATH Brandon Ifill (6'1 185) - WR/DB...recruiting as WR/prefers DB - verbally offered

-PA CB Colton Charles - Central Dauphin...high on Oklahoma...we could offer - no offer

-PA LB Matt Heiling (6'5 190-195)- Central Dauphin...prolly an 'ATH', 4.6-4.7 40 - no offer

-CA WR Kenny Stills (6'2 170) - dad talks with PSU coaches, Wisconsin legacy - verbally offered

-VA DE Keevon Newsome (6'2 230) - not sure we offer...probably will though - no offer

-VA DT Evan Hailes (6'1 305) - don't know if PSU has interest/or if Evan has interest, could be big time - no offer

-VA WR Justin Hunter (6'4 175) - I've heard that he has a verbal offer from PSU

-VA DE/TE Chase Williams (6'3 235-ish) - Former Redskins DC Gregg Williams is his father, has been to PSU - no offer

-MD DE-DT Ego Ferguson (6'4 270) - would be an awesome addition - verbally offered

-MD FB-LB Zach Zwinak (6'1 225) - VT legacy - prolly be a devastating MLB - apparently verbally offered

-MD WR DeVante Stamps (6'2 185) - not sure how good he is/if we offer - no offer

-MD LB Nick Forbes (6'1 200) - wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Wake - ?

-MD CB Louis Young (6'1 195) - already backed out of one commit, doubtful (IMO) - no offer

-TX S Cody Seaber (5'11 185) - no clue - no offer

-NJ WR Shakim Phillips (6'2 190) - PSU has been in touch - no offer

-NJ WR Terrance Casper (6'6 200) - I'm not sold - no offer

-NJ S Dontae Johnson (6'3 185) - no offer

-NJ CB Tejay Johnson - not sure his interest/if PSU will offer-possible grades? - no offer

-NC ATH Keenan Allen (6'2 185) - high on 'Bama, it appeared he would commit early but now it seems he will hold off a bit...already visited PSU for a game...seems interested - verbally offered

-MD OT Robbie Havenstein (6'7 310) - visited PSU for multiple games...prolly get Betancourt - ?

I personally think we're going to get (85% sure) these kids early on if all goes well - OT Seth Betancourt, OG Luke Graham (if/when we offer), DE/OLB Dakota Royer, RB Silas Redd, WR Adrian Coxson...those 5 in addition to the 2 we already have would probably secure a top 10 class unless we fall apart.

I'd put it even higher for Royer, Graham & Redd...those 3 will happen sooner or later (IMO). I think there are some domino's that can fall fairly early for us, and we'll see shortly (month or two). Sorry for SUCH A LONG POST, but I spaced each name so anyone that wanted to read my thoughts would be able to do so. :)

BRAVEHEART
02-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Here is what I think on Henderson.

Notre Dame is not in as good as shape as their fans seem to think they are. Henderson seems enamored with USC and I think that if they really want him, ultimately they are going to get him.

Tim Brewster is going to put up one hell of a fight and I would not be shocked at all to see him stay home. Henderson has told media that he likes the idea of being the cornerstone recruit for a program much like Arrelious Benn was for Illinois, Derrick Williams at the resurgence of Penn State, and other players of that nature. He's also been spotted wearing Gopher gear a ton and the new coach at Cretin (Scanlan) is much more into the Gophers than Bischoff ever was.

Ultimately I think it comes down to Minnesota, USC, and Notre Dame. With USC as my prediction as of now. But so many things can happen from now and then this is really just a crappy estimate.

As a USC fan I haven't heard anything about that, but I like it. I personally think he'll stay home and be a gopher, but pete will be in the minny area (this year and next recruiting), and If the talent is good I could see him doing package deals (or anything he can to get the best in that state).

How big is the guy, looked fast...but that was about it.

Because he is, this time you aren't a domerhomer.;)

Bama9507
02-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Alabama is the leader for Broadway. He will have to sit 3 years though behind our other stud QB's.

Bama9507
02-07-2009, 04:34 PM

Posting PM's is a chick move

Bama9507
02-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Just ignore the guy.

Lies I didn't complain. I was laughing at your for taking that rep crap seriously like it means something.

Bama9507
02-07-2009, 04:37 PM
BACK to recruiting. Look for Bama to get an early committment from Keenan Allen soon. 3-peat here we come.

saintsfan912
02-07-2009, 06:36 PM
BACK to recruiting. Look for Bama to get an early committment from Keenan Allen soon. 3-peat here we come.

Hilarious how you keep talking about these recruiting National Championships. Who cares?

And if you really want to get technical, LSU was #1 overall in composite rankings.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
02-07-2009, 06:39 PM

Too bad when all this talent starts to grow, Nick Saban will be gone to another job!

sbh15
02-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Hilarious how you keep talking about these recruiting National Championships. Who cares?

And if you really want to get technical, LSU was #1 overall in composite rankings.

And if you want to get more technical, Alabama has yet to even win a bowl game with these recruiting championships. He can enjoy Bama's last year of SEC West dominance, if they even have that with Ole Miss playing the way the have. After a year or two, LSU will be right back on top. I see Shepard becoming an electric player, but more as a versatile WR. Him and Randle will be a sick combo for you guys any way you slice it.

504 to ATL
02-07-2009, 06:44 PM
And if you really want to get technical

Well technically speaking Alabama was not even the #1 class last year, once the players who actually made the team were factored in. Just like they will not finish #1 this year either.

JoeyJr09
02-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Lies I didn't complain. I was laughing at your for taking that rep crap seriously like it means something.

What's funny is you thinking I'm the one that takes it seriously but yet you care enough to PM me and then right posts about it all over the thread.

How about you left the boards and come back when your past the age of 12.

I'll go ahead and block you so I don't have to deal with this.

Hines
02-07-2009, 07:06 PM

I don't think he commits early. I know he is an Alabama lean but he got that offer and didn't commit on the spot like some people were to think. I think Penn State has a decent shot at him.

BRAVEHEART
02-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Jake Matthews (2010 offensive lineman and son of HOF Bruce Matthews) is favoring "USC, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and maybe Texas". He has alot of family ties at USC (obviously) and his brother plays at A&M, but he's said things like "My goal is to make a name for myself and try to be the best I can from what Ive been blessed with. which makes me believe (atleast right now) that he doesn't want to be a "Legacy", and go somewhere else (probably UT,OU,STAN,UO,etc...). He isn't favoring anybody but the schools that he listed (USC/A&M/OU/UT) will probably be where he goes. I expect him to play with his brother at A&M.

TigerBait45
02-07-2009, 08:29 PM
Alabama is the leader for Broadway. He will have to sit 3 years though behind our other stud QB's.

LSU is going to make a run at him, bet your life on it, and when they do we'll see for sure where everything stands.

I'd take Broadway over AJ McCarron all day, btw. Broadway is the real deal. McCarron looks like he's 13

Gchu83
02-07-2009, 08:48 PM
UT picked up 3 commits today, including the top DT in the state. Our first Junior Day is tomorrow and that's when Mack usually picks up the majority of commits.

http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

TexasKing007
02-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Jake Matthews (2010 offensive lineman and son of HOF Bruce Matthews) is favoring "USC, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and maybe Texas". He has alot of family ties at USC (obviously) and his brother plays at A&M, but he's said things like "My goal is to make a name for myself and try to be the best I can from what Ive been blessed with. which makes me believe (atleast right now) that he doesn't want to be a "Legacy", and go somewhere else (probably UT,OU,STAN,UO,etc...). He isn't favoring anybody but the schools that he listed (USC/A&M/OU/UT) will probably be where he goes. I expect him to play with his brother at A&M.

Matthews will probably leave the state.

He doesn't want to be a "legacy" at A&M and Texas likes him, but I don't know if we will be offering any more O lineman this year. The plan was only to get one or two this year and we already got the #1 OL to commit...

TexasKing007
02-07-2009, 09:17 PM
UT picked up 3 commits today, including the top DT in the state. Our first Junior Day is tomorrow and that's when Mack usually picks up the majority of commits.

http://texas.rivals.com/commitlist.asp

So far:

WR - John Harris, prob a 4*
OL - Trey Hopkins, high 4* (will prob finish as a blue chip)
DT - Taylor Bible, prob a 4*

We also have many top players coming in for the first junior day. I think we will have in the low 20's tomorrow, including blue chips:

HB - Lache Seastrunk
DE - Reggie Wilson
DE - Jackson Jeffcoat

I think we can expect between 3-6 more commits tomorrow, but none of the above guys.

saintsfan912
02-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Can't wait to see Seastrunk playing in Tiger Stadium! Dude is gonna beast all over the SEC.

BRAVEHEART
02-07-2009, 09:32 PM
Matthews will probably leave the state.

He doesn't want to be a "legacy" at A&M and Texas likes him, but I don't know if we will be offering any more O lineman this year. The plan was only to get one or two this year and we already got the #1 OL to commit...

well if he does, his current offers (OOS) are Arkansas, Oregon, Oklahoma State, Stanford, USC. He has cousins at Oregon (one cousin currently playing) and USC(two cousins who played on the football team, one who was on the girls soccer team and is now pro, his dad Bruce, and his uncle Clay Jr.). Being a Matthews he's pretty much royalty at USC.

TigerBait45
02-07-2009, 10:03 PM
I figure Seastrunk will end up at Texas in the end, but man I'd love to have him.

BRAVEHEART
02-07-2009, 10:25 PM
I figure Seastrunk will end up at Texas in the end, but man I'd love to have him.

I thought he was a LSU lock, what happened, isn't LSU his leader?

TigerBait45
02-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Don't really know. I know he's open to LSU and he has ties here but Temple is a Texas stronghold.

BRAVEHEART
02-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Don't really know. I know he's open to LSU and he has ties here but Temple is a Texas stronghold.

He's from Louisiana though, right? Also what's his relation with trovon reed?

TexasKing007
02-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I thought he was a LSU lock, what happened, isn't LSU his leader?

Don't know where you heard that.

Everything I've read has said that he has LSU and Texas at the top, USC in the middle, and everyone else at the bottom.

It's a two horse race and we recruit that area very well. He should be the only RB we offer this year. That may or may not give us an advantage, but it certainly means we will throw everything we have at him.

He was supposed to go to a LSU junior day previously but I have read that he didn't show up. He came in to our junior day a day early so he could have some one-on-one time with Mack Brown so I like how we are playing it so far. We will probably offer him tomorrow.

cdub11
02-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Im very happy about the Taylor Bible commitment to Texas

Mack should get a few more tomorrow.

cdub11
02-07-2009, 11:26 PM

I really hope you are right but I think LSU is very much in the mix. Another thing to remember is Lache and Travon Reed want to play together.

JayP
02-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Henderson seems enamored with USC and I think that if they really want him, ultimately they are going to get him.

The same way USC really wanted Te'o and Burfict, and got neither?

I did hear the whole blurb about Henderson wanting a USC offer. But after I heard that, Henderson did a unofficial to ND. Kinda odd there. While by no means is he a lock for ND, I think ND is further ahead than USC in his recruitment.

I think Henderson ultimately becomes a 3 team race of Minny, ND, and a undetermined 3rd team.

CroomDawgs
02-07-2009, 11:55 PM

Yea cuz chicks post here right? Unless maybe you are one. Welcome to the board Ms. Bama9507!!

TigerBait45
02-08-2009, 12:12 AM
He's from Louisiana though, right? Also what's his relation with trovon reed?

I think he moved when he was really little so he's basically grown up in Texas. I believe he and Trevon (Trovon? whichever it is, I don't know) are 1st cousins and I'm pretty sure he's related some way to Michael Ford.

It'll be an interesting recruitment for sure. As long as we keep Reed in state I'll be satisfied.

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 12:37 AM
The same way USC really wanted Te'o and Burfict, and got neither?

I did hear the whole blurb about Henderson wanting a USC offer. But after I heard that, Henderson did a unofficial to ND. Kinda odd there. While by no means is he a lock for ND, I think ND is further ahead than USC in his recruitment.

I think Henderson ultimately becomes a 3 team race of Minny, ND, and a undetermined 3rd team.

Te'o and Burfict are two different stories. Burfict wanted to be a trojan, but didn't have the grades. ****, Burfict might not even be able to qualify for ASU let alone USC. Te'o was a good get for the domers, and a surprise. Pete can't win them all, but he'll gets most of his high targets.

Jonny
02-08-2009, 12:42 AM
-NY OG Daquan Jones (6'4 305) - coach telling him look hard at PSU, likes PSU - no offer

Heard he was a Maryland lean.

-NY DE Dominique Easley (6'3 255) - PSU got in on him fairly early...we'll see - no offer

RU is on him very hard.

504 to ATL
02-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Lache has plenty of family ties in LA, plus Michael Ford is his cousin.

On his visit to LSU didn't he say it felt like he finally came home? Or something like that.

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 02:26 AM
Lache has plenty of family ties in LA, plus Michael Ford is his cousin.

On his visit to LSU didn't he say it felt like he finally came home? Or something like that.

I remember hearing that too (something like that), but then again....Recruits say the darndest things.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rogers/cosby.jpg

Bama9507
02-08-2009, 07:19 AM
What's funny is you thinking I'm the one that takes it seriously but yet you care enough to PM me and then right posts about it all over the thread.

How about you left the boards and come back when your past the age of 12.

I'll go ahead and block you so I don't have to deal with this.

Thank god. Reading all your "inside sources" and recruiting info as a guest through the 09 year that never happened too much for me to bare.

Gchu83
02-08-2009, 09:52 AM

I hope you're right but everything I read points to LSU.

Brent
02-08-2009, 10:17 AM
the schools that he listed (USC/A&M/OU/UT) will probably be where he goes. I expect him to play with his brother at A&M.
I'm pretty sure that Sherman visited with him during the coaching staff's big recruiting trip. They want to lock down all the Houston and Shreveport kids, as part of their recruiting strategy. I don't know if he'll come here, I think he ends up at USC.

OneToughGame
02-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Who do you guys think will be the #1 recruit in the nation? Going to be a in state homer and say Jake Heaps for me ;)

Sniper
02-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Seantrel Henderson.

BamaFalcon59
02-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Who do you guys think will be the #1 recruit in the nation? Going to be a in state homer and say Jake Heaps for me ;)

I doubt anyone from Virginia is under consideration unless Acree completely dominates from here on out.

We have a lot of potential Rivals100 players, though.

Phillip Sims, QB
Nick Acree, DT
Mark Shuman, OT
Justin Hunter, WR
Zack McCray, DE

Then players like Evan Hailes (DT), Travis Williams (LB/ S), Brian Laiti (LB), and more who will be top 250 with a chance to sneak in the 100.

OneToughGame
02-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Seantrel Henderson.

Wow, I totally forgot about Seantrel. I feel stupid now lol.

JayP
02-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Te'o and Burfict are two different stories. Burfict wanted to be a trojan, but didn't have the grades. ****, Burfict might not even be able to qualify for ASU let alone USC. Te'o was a good get for the domers, and a surprise. Pete can't win them all, but he'll gets most of his high targets.

My point was that just because USC wants someone is no guarantee that they will get them. The dude I quoted originally made it sound like that kids just verbal to USC the second Carroll offers them, and that Henderson will do the same just because Carroll wants him to play at USC.

I will agree...Pete does get an abnormal amount of the kids he goes after. Probably why when he whiffs on kids he wants, its big news.

As far as Te'o goes, I think there were signs that he wasn't the lock that some USC fans were calling him. He made some quotes about "rowing his own canoe" and how biggest recruiting event he remembered was the students at ND wearing leis during his visit, even though the NCAA warned them not to.

wicket
02-08-2009, 11:38 AM
jeah seantrell will be #1 , jeffcoat second i suppose

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 12:59 PM
My point was that just because USC wants someone is no guarantee that they will get them. The dude I quoted originally made it sound like that kids just verbal to USC the second Carroll offers them, and that Henderson will do the same just because Carroll wants him to play at USC.

I will agree...Pete does get an abnormal amount of the kids he goes after. Probably why when he whiffs on kids he wants, its big news.

As far as Te'o goes, I think there were signs that he wasn't the lock that some USC fans were calling him. He made some quotes about "rowing his own canoe" and how biggest recruiting event he remembered was the students at ND wearing leis during his visit, even though the NCAA warned them not to.

Plus ND threw in a package deal (USC was never going to offer any of his friends), and Manti probably felt that Charlie would handle his "mission" better.

seantrell will be #1 , jeffcoat

That seems right to me.

TigerBait45
02-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I hope you're right but everything I read points to LSU.

I've just learned to never count out Texas for a guy in Texas that they REALLY want, I guess.

I haven't really heard anything about him lately other than he and Trevon are saying they want to go to school together (and Tony Hurd, I think). I'll take all three if they really want to come.

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 01:02 PM
I've just learned to never count out Texas for a guy in Texas that they REALLY want, I guess.

I haven't really heard anything about him lately other than he and Trevon are saying they want to go to school together (and Tony Hurd, I think). I'll take all three if they really want to come.

I heard (it's probably a stupid rumor), but LSU didn't offer Christine Micheals because of Lache.

Hollywood
02-08-2009, 02:17 PM
New article with Bell is up, and I gotta say I think Miami's chances are pretty slim with him. Says we were his first offer, has nine offers now but he just doesn't sound high on Miami IMO. Sounds to me like he wants to stay closer to home.

Says he will give Miami a chance and visit even though it's so far away (his words), which basically sounds like the nail in the coffin to me.

JoeyJr09
02-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Bell's likely headed to Oklahoma.

But the fact Butler is his adviser can't hurt us since we obviously have some shady stuff going on with that guy.

If we can get him to visit, our chances will go way up. But we will be the darkhorse then entire process.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-08-2009, 04:32 PM
SC has offered to WR Markieth Ambles and T Jake Matthews. I don't know what kind of shot we hae with Ambles, but we're going to get a very serious look from Matthews.

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
SC has offered to WR Markieth Ambles and T Jake Matthews. I don't know what kind of shot we hae with Ambles, but we're going to get a very serious look from Matthews.

(IMHO) He'd be stupid not to come to USC, Like I said earlier, he's royalty. As for Ambles, I really don't care (I watched some highlights, and I don't understand what makes him the no.1 WR or a Elite WR). Pete offered him, so he must be legit, but I'd be ok if we don't get him (which is the most likely scenario) and get Robert Woods instead. We don't really need a wide-out in this class, but Matthews (besides being a legacy) would be wanted and needed since he projects to more than one position on the line.

TexasKing007
02-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Texas got a commit from Case McCoy last night.

He will probably be a lower-ranked prospect like his brother, but his film suggests that he can be a comparable player to Colt. Not quite as good, but similar.

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Miami Guys, is Eduardo Clements a cane lock/lean?

djp
02-08-2009, 05:39 PM

No he's not, there is talk he is the 3rd best back in Dade according to Cane coaches and may not get the same attention that Gainer and Gore will get.

I believe he's said he likes Florida State alot.

Hollywood
02-08-2009, 05:40 PM

He actually likes FSU a lot (says they are his dream school) though most seem to think if we did put the full press on him he would be a Cane. He had a somewhat disappointing Jr. season after looking like the next sure thing 5 star RB as a sophomore.

He also doesn't like that we have so many young RBs and wants to play right away.

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 05:48 PM
I watched one of his soph games on ESPN2 awhile ago, and he looked VERY impressive.

JoeyJr09
02-08-2009, 05:54 PM
I watched one of his soph games on ESPN2 awhile ago, and he looked VERY impressive.

He was a monster as Sophomore. But really regressed as a Junior.

He goes to BTW which sends pretty much everyone to Miami.

But he's behind 2-3 RBs on our list next year (Gore, Gainer and maybe Bernard).

Plus he grew up an FSU fan and really likes them and he hates our depth chart where he will likely be sitting behind Bryce Brown, Lamar Miller, Jahkari Gore and Brandon Gainer who are all better then him.

I'm expecting him to end up at FSU.

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 05:58 PM
He was a monster as Sophomore. But really regressed as a Junior.

He goes to BTW which sends pretty much everyone to Miami.

But he's behind 2-3 RBs on our list next year (Gore, Gainer and maybe Bernard).

Plus he grew up an FSU fan and really likes them and he hates our depth chart where he will likely be sitting behind Bryce Brown, Lamar Miller, Jahkari Gore and Brandon Gainer who are all better then him.

I'm expecting him to end up at FSU.

Yeah, that's why i was asking. What happened his junior year, did he lose some O-line talent, or did he just fall into a slump. When I watched him in that game I thought he was going to be a better prospect than Brandon harris, he just seemed like the best player on the field.

JayP
02-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Plus ND threw in a package deal (USC was never going to offer any of his friends), and Manti probably felt that Charlie would handle his "mission" better.

I doubt the friend package was the biggest draw here. Sure, ND got and offered Manti's friend Roby Toma, but the need was there after Nyshier Oliver recommitted to Tennessee and Damien Thigpen went to UCLA. Plus once you factor in a 2 year mission, Toma will have 2 years of eligibility left max, while Te'o will have 3 years.

"He has always been one who wanted to paddle his own canoe," Brian Te'o said. "He wants to be on his own and face challenges that wouldn't come his way at BYU. He liked his trip to BYU, it is just that it just seemed too comfortable. That's what he told us."

If BYU was too comfortable, then USC would be similar in level of comfort with all of the Polynesian players there.

The mission...well, Te'o has a better chance of leaving ND and coming back 2 years later and not being buried on the depth chart. He won't return #1 at any position, but definitely in striking distance to start.

As far as #1 goes...Henderson hands down.

captainjack27
02-08-2009, 06:21 PM

PM'in someone to rip them is a chick move...

Good stuff PSHOMER

keylime_5
02-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Good news for Michigan fans....Canton South WR Jerald Robinson I believe has been told Ohio State won't offer him and he'll commit to the Wolverines tomorrow. I kinda expected us to offer at some point, guess I was wrong there if that's true.

cdub11
02-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Texas picked up committments from DT DeAires Cotton and WR Darius Terrell today. That is 6 for the weekened

QB Case McCOy
WR Darius Terrell
WR John Harris
OL Trey Hopkins
DT Taylor Bible
DT DeAires Cotton

JoeyJr09
02-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah, that's why i was asking. What happened his junior year, did he lose some O-line talent, or did he just fall into a slump. When I watched him in that game I thought he was going to be a better prospect than Brandon harris, he just seemed like the best player on the field.

Well seeing as Brandon Harris is a CB and Clements is a RB I don't really see how you can compare them as prospects. Very hard to judge HS CBs because there's no incentive for other coaches to throw at them. The CB on the other side usually isnt up to par. As pure athletes Harris is better. Not even really that close.

But to answer your question, BTWs OL this year was actually better then during his Sophmore year. They didn't really have anyone that year. This year they had some kids that will get some D1 offers and the OL really came around big time when Jose Jose started playing center.

Clements just didn't play very well this year.

And what game did you see of him as a Sophomore? He absolutely went off during the State title game and was a monster but that was an anomaly. Not really indicative of how he really is. Seeing as the game was on ESPN, I'm guessing that might have been the one you saw.

He's a good prospect. 4 star for sure and could crack the low 250 rankings.

slightlyaraiderfan
02-08-2009, 06:47 PM
I doubt the friend package was the biggest draw here. Sure, ND got and offered Manti's friend Roby Toma, but the need was there after Nyshier Oliver recommitted to Tennessee and Damien Thigpen went to UCLA. Plus once you factor in a 2 year mission, Toma will have 2 years of eligibility left max, while Te'o will have 3 years.

"He has always been one who wanted to paddle his own canoe," Brian Te'o said. "He wants to be on his own and face challenges that wouldn't come his way at BYU. He liked his trip to BYU, it is just that it just seemed too comfortable. That's what he told us."

If BYU was too comfortable, then USC would be similar in level of comfort with all of the Polynesian players there.

The mission...well, Te'o has a better chance of leaving ND and coming back 2 years later and not being buried on the depth chart. He won't return #1 at any position, but definitely in striking distance to start.

As far as #1 goes...Henderson hands down.
SC fans felt good about Teo because he was all SC, up until the morning of LOI. A month earlier he committed to SC, and was even trying to recruit R Carroll over to SC. The night before LOI Teo spoke with the SC coaches and was still all USC. Then Brian Teo got involved, and we know what happened there....

edit: i just noticed this is the '10 thread, my bad.

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Well seeing as Brandon Harris is a CB and Clements is a RB I don't really see how you can compare them as prospects. Very hard to judge HS CBs because there's no incentive for other coaches to throw at them. The CB on the other side usually isnt up to par. As pure athletes Harris is better. Not even really that close.

But to answer your question, BTWs OL this year was actually better then during his Sophmore year. They didn't really have anyone that year. This year they had some kids that will get some D1 offers and the OL really came around big time when Jose Jose started playing center.

Clements just didn't play very well this year.

And what game did you see of him as a Sophomore? He absolutely went off during the State title game and was a monster but that was an anomaly. Not really indicative of how he really is. Seeing as the game was on ESPN, I'm guessing that might have been the one you saw.

He's a good prospect. 4 star for sure and could crack the low 250 rankings.

Wasn't trying to compare them, but I thought he would end up being more highly touted, bigger prospect, etc... And as for the game, I saw two that year (but the game I'm talking about, the other team had Green Jerseys I believe).

Sniper
02-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Good news for Michigan fans....Canton South WR Jerald Robinson I believe has been told Ohio State won't offer him and he'll commit to the Wolverines tomorrow. I kinda expected us to offer at some point, guess I was wrong there if that's true.

Is he good?

keylime_5
02-08-2009, 07:31 PM
He's good, he has great routes and is always open and makes the catch, but his speed is just average (4.55). Gonna be another Robiskie type, but less ?s about seperation at this point. Probably a low 4 star, he was in the preseason rivals 250 to watch for 2010.

I just saw that Purdue's recruiting class has 18 kids...FOURTEEN of the 18 are from Florida. 2 from Georgia, 1 from New York, and 1 from Texas. 17/18 from the south. Zero from Indiana. 1 JUCO from Illinois. That's wild.

draftguru151
02-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Wasn't trying to compare them, but I thought he would end up being more highly touted, bigger prospect, etc... And as for the game, I saw two that year (but the game I'm talking about, the other team had Green Jerseys I believe).

I think that was the Summerville game.

BigJohn98
02-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Michael L spoke with Lamarcus Joyner, and his top two teams are Florida State and Ohio State. He is currently favoring Ohio State because of their history of cornerbacks. He said he has questions about FSU which is why he is favoring Ohio State.

Michael L talked with some of the people participating in a 7-on-7 and they all said Joyner was the top prospect there. Some of the people participating were Chris Dunkley, who apparently was seen sporting a Michigan shirt, Demar Dorsey, and Jeffery Godfrey.

Sniper
02-08-2009, 07:46 PM
He's good, he has great routes and is always open and makes the catch, but his speed is just average (4.55). Gonna be another Robiskie type, but less ?s about seperation at this point. Probably a low 4 star, he was in the preseason rivals 250 to watch for 2010.

Thanks for the info. Kind of funny that with everyone negatively recruiting against Michigan (saying they don't throw the ball) that (if Robinson commits) the first three '10 commits will all be outside receivers that are at least 6'2".

Sniper
02-08-2009, 07:47 PM
Michael L talked with some of the people participating in a 7-on-7 and they all said Joyner was the top prospect there. Some of the people participating were Chris Dunkley, who apparently was seen sporting a Michigan shirt, Demar Dorsey, and Jeffery Godfrey.

Ha. I'd love to have Chris Dunkley, but I'd be willing to bet that he's a Gator.

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I think that was the Summerville game.

I believe that was it.

keylime_5
02-08-2009, 07:55 PM
Michael L spoke with Lamarcus Joyner, and his top two teams are Florida State and Ohio State. He is currently favoring Ohio State because of their history of cornerbacks. He said he has questions about FSU which is why he is favoring Ohio State.

Bill Greene and LJ's uncle have said similar things after today's camp, Greene said Ohio State has a great shot at him. Personally I think it's still gonna be a really tough battle with Florida State, they are still the team to beat in my book. The only way we ever get kids that good from Miami that Miami wants is if they aren't really really big on Miami like Sabino and Joyner. Joyner sounds like part of him wants to go out of state and a big part of him wants to go to his "dream" school in Tallahassee, but they do have some problems there right now to say the least.

keylime_5
02-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the info. Kind of funny that with everyone negatively recruiting against Michigan (saying they don't throw the ball) that (if Robinson commits) the first three '10 commits will all be outside receivers that are at least 6'2".

end of the day it's still Michigan, and they are a factory for great college WRs. Plus RR is probably selling that Forcier is gonna be a good passer, much better than Pat White at the same stage.

Sniper
02-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Apparently Dunkley was wearing his brother's UM stuff. It was also said that he hates cold weather.

Hollywood
02-08-2009, 08:13 PM

Thanks for the info, but all I hear in my head when I read that about Joyner is blah blah blah. LaMarcus Joyner will be a circus, I have no doubt about that and I guarantee you he will commit to probably at least three teams, but at the end of the day....come on. He is all Dade County Miami born and bred, gonna take a lot of cash to get him away from us.

Dunkley unfortunately is a Gator lean right now, btw.

kwilk103
02-08-2009, 08:16 PM
dunkley top 3----fla, wvu, uga

BigJohn98
02-08-2009, 08:18 PM
dunkley top 3----fla, wvu, uga

According to...?

CLong4Heisman
02-08-2009, 08:27 PM
SC fans felt good about Teo because he was all SC, up until the morning of LOI. A month earlier he committed to SC, and was even trying to recruit R Carroll over to SC. The night before LOI Teo spoke with the SC coaches and was still all USC. Then Brian Teo got involved, and we know what happened there....

edit: i just noticed this is the '10 thread, my bad.

Thats how I know that Te'o never commited to SC. Carroll has been gone for at least two months. He was never going to USC.

wicket
02-08-2009, 08:34 PM
yeah that story was such bull

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Thats how I know that Te'o never commited to SC. Carroll has been gone for at least two months. He was never going to USC.

And that's why Manti would want to recruit him to SC.:rolleyes: I dont know if the story is correct, and I don't care if it is, but your reasoning that the story is false makes no sense.

The only thing that is fact is that those players didn't end up at SC, and that they will lose to SC for the rest of their collegiate careers.

wicket
02-08-2009, 08:52 PM
And that's why Manti would want to recruit him to SC.:rolleyes: I dont know if the story is correct, and I don't care if it is, but your reasoning that the story is false makes no sense.

The only thing that is fact is that those players didn't end up at SC, and that they will lose to SC for the rest of their collegiate careers.

we'll see about that

Sniper
02-08-2009, 08:53 PM
we'll see about that

USC is going to poop on ND yet again.

Damn, it's been since 2001? That's worse than UM's current streak against OSU.

wicket
02-08-2009, 09:03 PM
USC is going to poop on ND yet again.

Damn, it's been since 2001? That's worse than UM's current streak against OSU.

i wasnt talking this season but next. honoustly i really dont like the defensive backfield that usc will have one year from now. also i need to see where usc goes with qb cause i think barkley will be 2 year away and mustain doesnt feel that good to me and corp well is just not great, proper player but nothing special. honoustly its the dline that should make the difference for them in two years if you compare it to nd

Sniper
02-08-2009, 09:06 PM
i wasnt talking this season but next

Notre Dame won't beat USC any time in the next five years.

BRAVEHEART
02-08-2009, 09:08 PM
we'll see about that

k0ZIChhJ87o

wicket
02-08-2009, 09:11 PM
well im trying to plan a trip to go to this years nd usc game so it would be great if they win this year

JoeyJr09
02-08-2009, 09:18 PM

I love the kid as a prospect. But he is gonna be one of those pain in the ass kids to follow. Expect a decommit or 2, alot of different rumors from alot of different people and a final decision on NSD from him.

I don't know if anyone has seen the kids interviews, but he clearly likes being the center of attention.

JoeyJr09
02-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Bill Greene and LJ's uncle have said similar things after today's camp, Greene said Ohio State has a great shot at him. Personally I think it's still gonna be a really tough battle with Florida State, they are still the team to beat in my book. The only way we ever get kids that good from Miami that Miami wants is if they aren't really really big on Miami like Sabino and Joyner. Joyner sounds like part of him wants to go out of state and a big part of him wants to go to his "dream" school in Tallahassee, but they do have some problems there right now to say the least.

This has got FSU/Miami written all over it.

The OSU stuff is just talk and drama/suspense.

He tried to transfer to Northwestern last year but had trouble getting it approved or something of that sort and this year he is trying to go the private school route and transfer to Columbus with Jahkari Gore. The only school that worries me here is FSU.

kwilk103
02-08-2009, 09:24 PM
http://www.soflafootball.com/fan-forum/topic.php?id=367

One other thing...according to Luke, Florida is in pretty good shape for Chris Dunkley. Of course Georgia and West Virginia look to be high on his list early as well.

also been in another rivals article, hes said the same thing

uga----likes how they play their receivers early; though getting brown may change that

fla----close to home and likes their offense

wvu----likes our offense, early playing time, likes doc

JoeyJr09
02-08-2009, 09:33 PM
http://www.soflafootball.com/fan-forum/topic.php?id=367

One other thing...according to Luke, Florida is in pretty good shape for Chris Dunkley. Of course Georgia and West Virginia look to be high on his list early as well.

also been in another rivals article, hes said the same thing

uga----likes how they play their receivers early; though getting brown may change that

fla----close to home and likes their offense

wvu----likes our offense, early playing time, likes doc

Only 3 I've heard for Dunkley are UF, FSU and Michigan.

BigJohn98
02-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I expect it to be a UF/FSU battle. Dunkley said in an interview at the UA combine back in December that he and DJ Johnson could both be going to the same school.

kwilk103
02-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Only 3 I've heard for Dunkley are UF, FSU and Michigan.

straight from his mouth like a month or 2 ago

JoeyJr09
02-08-2009, 09:38 PM
straight from his mouth like a month or 2 ago

I don't doubt that.

I'm just saying the schools I've heard associated with him the most.

JoeyJr09
02-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I expect it to be a UF/FSU battle. Dunkley said in an interview and the UA combine back in December that he and DJ Johnson could both be going to the same school.

That the same stuff I've been hearing.

kwilk103
02-08-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't doubt that.

I'm just saying the schools I've heard associated with him the most.

i think he'll go to florida, but ya never know

P-L
02-08-2009, 09:44 PM
If Dunkley leaves the state I think it will be to Michigan, but I don't think he leaves the state.

JoeyJr09
02-08-2009, 09:51 PM
If Dunkley leaves the state I think it will be to Michigan, but I don't think he leaves the state.

Exactly what I've been getting as well.

1st option is UF. FSU is the fallback. Michigan is the OOS option.

kwilk103
02-08-2009, 09:52 PM
If Dunkley leaves the state I think it will be to WVU, but I don't think he leaves the state.

i agree...

JoeyJr09
02-08-2009, 09:57 PM
FWIW....

There's a Miami football network on facebook that former players, current players, coaches and incoming players are a part of.

Louis Nix just joined it and his status says something to the affect of "I cant stop thinking about the Canes".

This is secondhand info from another poster because personally I think they whole facebook stalking recruits thing is a little overboard but I did find it interesting that there a network set up just for the team. At the least it should give a heads up to which recruits have legit interest or not.

cdub11
02-08-2009, 11:05 PM
2 more commits to Texas

LB Tevin Jackson
ATH Adrian Phillips

slightlyaraiderfan
02-09-2009, 12:23 AM
I don't understand. Manti was recruiting Carroll for SC, he knew RC was wavering. And thats why RC was shocked about when asked about where Manti ended up.

CC
02-09-2009, 06:59 AM
Jerald Robinson officially to Michigan.

Nice haul at WR so far, seems like a lot of our offers are going towards receivers, I wonder how many we'll take.

Sniper
02-09-2009, 07:09 AM

Nice haul at WR so far, seems like a lot of our offers are going towards receivers, I wonder how many we'll take.

I kin haz link? And word has it he could be a LB or a S. He had seven picks last year on defense.

Goober Man
02-09-2009, 10:06 AM
I kin haz link? And word has it he could be a LB or a S. He had seven picks last year on defense.

From his interview on mgoblog he said we were recruiting him as a WR.

This class as the makings of a great one with Ricardo Miller recruiting lots of people.

cdub11
02-09-2009, 10:18 AM
top 10 guys I would like to see Texas get

1. Lache Seastrunk - RB
2. Jackson Jeffcoat - DE
3. Reggie Wilson - DE
4. Darius White - WR
5. Ahmad Dixon - DB
6. Jordan Hicks - LB
7. Demarco Cobbs - WR
8. Corey Nelson - LB
9. Adrian White - DB
10. Aaron Benson - LB

P-L
02-09-2009, 10:30 AM
joey, what do you know about Jeffrey Godfrey? Michigan offered him, possibly as a quarterback.

JoeyJr09
02-09-2009, 10:52 AM
joey, what do you know about Jeffrey Godfrey? Michigan offered him, possibly as a quarterback.

Only way you have a chance is if we dont offer. Which is not likely to happen.

He's expected to be 1 of 2 possible QBs in our class and outside of the MNW and BTW kids he is one of the bigger die hard Canes in this class.

He's a heck of a talent but real short so there's a chance we will take him as a CB as well.

No one really expects him to be anywhere else.

JoeyJr09
02-09-2009, 10:55 AM
New Brandon Linder article up. As expected is sounds really good for Miami.

Linder, Willis Wright, and Jahkari Gore are all looking like they could pull the trigger for us very soon.

cdub11
02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
InsideTexas.com is reporting that Safety Ahmad Dixon has committed to Texas.

JoeyJr09
02-09-2009, 11:23 AM
cdub,

What do you know about Evan Washington?

He is supposedly one of OT targets that is very high on our board after Crisp and Wilson.

cdub11
02-09-2009, 11:41 AM
cdub,

What do you know about Evan Washington?

He is supposedly one of OT targets that is very high on our board after Crisp and Wilson.

One of Washington's High School teammates has already committed to Texas, Darius Terrell, and Adrian White another teammate was offered, Im surprised Washington didnt receive an offer.

here is what orangebloods.com had to say about Washington after this weekend

The aftermath:</I> Washington's arrival on the 40 Acres was a surprise to the staff, but you have to give the DeSoto lineman credit for taking matters into his own hands and doing everything that he could to persuade the staff that he should receive an offer. Mack Brown wants players that want to be Longhorns and even though he wasn't offered this weekend, there's a good chance that Washington will eventually receive an offer. For the record, Washington raved about the trip to Austin.

P-L
02-09-2009, 11:54 AM

Jim Stefani thinks we could take up to five this year. I assume this depends on how the scholarship situation shakes out. Florida is loaded with talent, especially at the receiver position. Since the big three can only take so many kids, there are going be a lot of high-BCS caliber receivers that are left for the taking.

Sniper
02-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Only way you have a chance is if we dont offer. Which is not likely to happen.

He's expected to be 1 of 2 possible QBs in our class and outside of the MNW and BTW kids he is one of the bigger die hard Canes in this class.

He's a heck of a talent but real short so there's a chance we will take him as a CB as well.

No one really expects him to be anywhere else.

He's claiming he has a Miami offer.

cdub11
02-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Texas has received commit #10 from LB Aaron Benson

JoeyJr09
02-09-2009, 01:52 PM
He's claiming he has a Miami offer.

Dont believe he has a written offer that is commitable. He has one of those verbal offers that will allow coaches to see ho he developes going into SR year before giving him a solid written offer.

TexasKing007
02-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Texas has already received commitments from 10 in-state prospects. Here is how I think they will be rated in rivals first rankings:

QB - Case McCoy - high 3*/low 4*
WR - Darius Terrell - high 4*
WR - John Harris - low 4*
OL - Trey Hopkins - high 4*
DT - Taylor Bible - high 4*
DT - DeAires Cotton - high 4*
LB - Aaron Benson - high 4*
LB - Tevin Jackson - low 4*
S - Ahmad Dixon - high 4*
ATH/CB - Adrian Phillips - low 4*

El Peefs?????
02-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Jim Stefani thinks we could take up to five this year. I assume this depends on how the scholarship situation shakes out. Florida is loaded with talent, especially at the receiver position. Since the big three can only take so many kids, there are going be a lot of high-BCS caliber receivers that are left for the taking.

Im actually hoping that after Robinson gets up here, especially if we continue to add WR at the rate we have been, he becomes receptive to the idea of playing CB for us. He seems like he would be an absolute terror in the defensive backfield. We have a much bigger need there too.

Goober Man
02-09-2009, 02:49 PM

Here is a lil highlight video of Jeffery Godfrey as a freshmen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26TfWOLRfhw just skip it to 48 secs because it just shows pictures of old miami qbs at the start.

BRAVEHEART
02-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Is Marvin Robinson a gator lean or a michigan lean?

El Peefs?????
02-09-2009, 02:56 PM

I've heard that Michigan has really toned down our recruitment of Robinson. I'm not sure what exactly this means. He was considered a near Michigan lock around this time last year. Maybe were just letting Ricardo Miller handle his recruitment.

I also thought that Robinson was higher on UNC than Florida, he has a thing for Butch Davis.

Hollywood
02-09-2009, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't mind taking Godfrey just to have him be one of those "player recruiter" QBs that call and develop relationships with other prospects, especially the guys in South Florida. Seems like a really cool guy and obviously a huge Miami fan. So if we take him, I hope he comes early and starts with that right away.

Sidenote: That was what Bryce Brown was doing for us about a month or two following his commitment to us, all we heard was how he was developing relationships with all these national, five star recruits (Xavier Nixon and Kennard being the two names I remember off the top of my head) and he was going to personally talk them into coming to Miami. Meh....

P-L
02-09-2009, 03:07 PM
This is his list, last I had heard.

1a. North Carolina
1b. Michigan
2. Florida

kwilk103
02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
wvu doesnt really have anything until the spring game

have one more junior camp that is in april, then its the spring game

probably a couple commits at each

JoeyJr09
02-09-2009, 03:17 PM

1a. North Carolina
1b. Michigan
2. Florida

Still think UF gets him when its all said and done.

Sniper
02-09-2009, 03:21 PM

1a. North Carolina
1b. Michigan
2. Florida

Silence is golden.

Hollywood
02-09-2009, 03:45 PM
http://www.athletevault.com/articles/article00173.php

Here is an early top 100 list for '10.

keylime_5
02-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Bill Greene likes Jeffrey Godfrey better than Ken Guiton, Nick Montana, or Devin Gardner and said if he were taller he'd be maybe the hottest QB recruit this year. He saw him in person at the Miami combine yesterday, apparently he's good.

Hollywood
02-09-2009, 03:58 PM
Bill Greene likes Jeffrey Godfrey better than Ken Guiton, Nick Montana, or Devin Gardner and said if he were taller he'd be maybe the hottest QB recruit this year. He saw him in person at the Miami combine yesterday, apparently he's good.

Who is Bill Greene?

JoeyJr09
02-09-2009, 04:08 PM

Hes very good. Better the Gene Smith.

Height is the only issue. But its usually a big one for QBs.

At the end of the day, he too good for us to pass just cause of height. He should get his Cane offer and be here sooner rather then later.

But the real stud QB in dade is 2011 recruit Teddy Bridgewater. Dude is a monster talent. Should be the concensus #1 QB and in the running for top overall in 2011.

tolnaballa
02-09-2009, 04:25 PM
What is Jeffrey Godfrey's size? He could be the next guy in line after Jacory.

P-L
02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
What is Jeffrey Godfrey's size? He could be the next guy in line after Jacory.
Listed at 5'11" 170.

keylime_5
02-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Who is Bill Greene?

oh, he's an OSU insider on scout, I've mentioned him before I think. He was in Miami this weekend at the combine.

Hes very good. Better the Gene Smith.

Height is the only issue. But its usually a big one for QBs.

At the end of the day, he too good for us to pass just cause of height. He should get his Cane offer and be here sooner rather then later.

But the real stud QB in dade is 2011 recruit Teddy Bridgewater. Dude is a monster talent. Should be the concensus #1 QB and in the running for top overall in 2011.

Good news is 5'11" QBs can be really good in college moreso than in the NFL. Chase Daniel, Chris Leak, Jeff Garcia were all 5'11"; Troy Smith was 6'0".

JoeyJr09
02-09-2009, 04:44 PM
oh, he's an OSU insider on scout, I've mentioned him before I think. He was in Miami this weekend at the combine.

Good news is 5'11" QBs can be really good in college moreso than in the NFL. Chase Daniel, Chris Leak, Jeff Garcia were all 5'11"; Troy Smith was 6'0".

I think he can suceed and I think Miami will eventually offer and land him. We can afford to wait a little while him because he would come here no matter what. Unlikely some of the OOS kids and north Florida that we have to get on early to have a chance.

We have yet to put out very many offers to local kids so you know they are all coming soon or later. Maybe at our spring game

BTW...What else did Greene have to say?

keylime_5
02-09-2009, 04:48 PM
mostly he just drooled over the athletes there and how every kid there runs 4.4 or better. He mentioned hanging out with Joyner and his uncle a lot too, says Ohio State is in "great shape" with him and all that stuff about Joyner that's come out in articles the past day and a half. He thinks Joyner might be a better athlete than Ted Ginn, which is saying something. He maintians that if Godfrey was 6'2" then he'd be the #1 Qb in the country.

Hines
02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Maryland WR Adrian Coxson had some nice things to say about Penn State in his recent interview with Scout. With him being a really close friend to Bryant Johnson, former Penn State wideout, I have no doubt in my mind that he will be a Nittany Lion. Lets just hope he isn't afraid of competition.

Hollywood
02-09-2009, 04:58 PM
mostly he just drooled over the athletes there and how every kid there runs 4.4 or better. He mentioned hanging out with Joyner and his uncle a lot too, says Ohio State is in "great shape" with him and all that stuff about Joyner that's come out in articles the past day and a half. He thinks Joyner might be a better athlete than Ted Ginn, which is saying something. He maintians that if Godfrey was 6'2" then he'd be the #1 Qb in the country.

I've said it before in the Miami thread and elsewhere but LaMarcus Joyner (I realize how hyperbolic this statement is, btw, don't worry) is the best HS football player to come out of Florida since Willie Williams.

I start drooling every time someone just mentions his name.

JoeyJr09
02-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I think Joyner is a little overrated to be honest.

People are in love with his aggresivness towards the run and his nasty streak.

Thats all well and good but people dont realize, he plays LB for Southwest. Its alot easier and more valuable to look good against the run at LB then CB. He blitzes alot and does very little coverage for them.

Hes listed at 5'8 which is a huge detriment as well.

Hes a good prospect and will be as asset anywhere but he has alot of questions he needs to answer as well. I dont see the number player in the state talk, right now thats likely Elam and by the end of the year it will be Chandler. People sleep on him because of the injury but before that he was considered a better prospect then Marcus Forston.

sbh15
02-09-2009, 05:27 PM

Thats all well and good but people dont realize, he plays LB for Southwest. Its alot easier and more valuable to look good against the run at LB then CB. He blitzes alot and does very little coverage for them.

Hes a good prospect and will be as asset anywhere but he has alot of questions he needs to answer as well. I dont see the number player in the state talk, right now thats likely Elam and by the end of the year it will be Chandler. People sleep on him because of the injury but before that he was considered a better prospect then Marcus Forston.

Where is Joyner a lean to right now?

Hollywood
02-09-2009, 05:37 PM

Not a lot of premier HS athletes will play strictly corner, for the reasons already mentioned by even you in this thread. You want your best player right in the middle of the field where the action is and causing the most disruption possible. Premier corners will not get thrown to, so they pretty much neutralize themselves.

Judging by how cat quick he is, the premier speed and he also appears to have freakishly long arms I really don't worry about his ability to play corner or safety as needed. Size matters yes, but the guy is just a straight up football player and maybe I am overestimating him because of the aggresion and nasty streak, but those are my two favorite traits and to see them on a guy that quick is just so rare.

Also remember that Chandler is only 5'11" so if you think people are going to hold that up against a DB you have to apply the same logic to a DT. Chandler is nasty though, looked better than Forston a lot of times during his Sophomore year.

I'll tell you one thing - if he does transfer to Columbus I will definitely be seeing him and Gore in person. That will be a show!

Hollywood
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Where is Joyner a lean to right now?

Meh, where he is a lean to (probably FSU or he did state Ohio State as his leader recently, so take your pick) and even who he commits to really will not matter to me. All that I care about is that when he signs the papers in 2010 he decides he wants to stay home with his friends and family.

Expect a circus of the Willie Williams variety with Joyner. He loves the attention.

wicket
02-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Meh, where he is a lean to (probably FSU or he did state Ohio State as his leader recently, so take your pick) and even who he commits to really will not matter to me. All that I care about is that when he signs the papers in 2010 he decides he wants to stay home with his friends and family.

Expect a circus of the Willie Williams variety with Joyner. He loves the attention.

ow no not another bryce brown. well every year has them

Canadian_kid16
02-09-2009, 06:27 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-tennessee-recruiting&prov=ap&type=lgns

oh man, Vols in big trouble now lol

Turtlepower
02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-tennessee-recruiting&prov=ap&type=lgns

No they won't. Unless the NCAA has to take action based on public outcry, there won't be any NCAA sanctions. It will be a slap on the wrist at the most.

BRAVEHEART
02-09-2009, 07:16 PM

Turtlepower beat me to it, they wont get anything. I believe UW had the same things this year and they were listed as "minor". It's funny that I mention UT (kiffin) and UW (sarkisian). Seems like Big Pete didn't teach them all the good tricks about recruiting. ;)

JoeyJr09
02-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Not a lot of premier HS athletes will play strictly corner, for the reasons already mentioned by even you in this thread. You want your best player right in the middle of the field where the action is and causing the most disruption possible. Premier corners will not get thrown to, so they pretty much neutralize themselves.

Judging by how cat quick he is, the premier speed and he also appears to have freakishly long arms I really don't worry about his ability to play corner or safety as needed. Size matters yes, but the guy is just a straight up football player and maybe I am overestimating him because of the aggresion and nasty streak, but those are my two favorite traits and to see them on a guy that quick is just so rare.

Also remember that Chandler is only 5'11" so if you think people are going to hold that up against a DB you have to apply the same logic to a DT. Chandler is nasty though, looked better than Forston a lot of times during his Sophomore year.

I'll tell you one thing - if he does transfer to Columbus I will definitely be seeing him and Gore in person. That will be a show!

Chandler 5'11"? Hes listed at 6'0 and Ive heard hes closer to 6'1.

Normally in HS you want ur best players in the middle of the field yes. But not in 6A South Florida Football. The real CBs play corner ala Michael Carter, Patrick Johnson, Brandon McGee, Brandon Harris, Janoris Jenkins, so on and so forth. The fact that Joyner is playing LB makes me wonder. Especially since its easier to find HS LBs then good cover CBs.

As for where Joyner is leaning. He has already named UF, FSU and OSU his leader at different points in his recruitment and then changed his tune. So basically hes gonna be one of those headcases to follow. General concensus is FSU tho because he grew up an FSU fan.

sbh15
02-09-2009, 07:21 PM

They won't be in trouble, but isn't this ironic?

keylime_5
02-09-2009, 07:27 PM
RichRod has ohio offer fever (aka zook-itis). Offered West Chester TE Alex Smith. He's a better tight end prospect than Kevin Koger was IMO which is saying something. He favors Cincinnati and Kentucky right now b/c of family ties to those two schools/areas, I think if/when Ohio State offers him that will be hard to turn down. OSU doesn't use the tight end much, but they are gonna sell the flex TE position to him that Jake Stoneburner is gonna play this year that is basically what Dallas Clark and Travis Beckum play and it'll be new to our offense. LaTwan Anderson and Alex Smith I think might be the next two Ohio guys to get offered...maybe Christian Bryant too.

Bama9507
02-09-2009, 07:30 PM
PM'in someone to rip them is a chick move...

Good stuff PSHOMER

Wow that makes total sense

Sniper
02-09-2009, 07:33 PM
RichRod has ohio offer fever (aka zook-itis). Offered West Chester TE Alex Smith. He's a better tight end prospect than Kevin Koger was IMO which is saying something. He favors Cincinnati and Kentucky right now b/c of family ties to those two schools/areas, I think if/when Ohio State offers him that will be hard to turn down. OSU doesn't use the tight end much, but they are gonna sell the flex TE position to him that Jake Stoneburner is gonna play this year that is basically what Dallas Clark and Travis Beckum play and it'll be new to our offense. LaTwan Anderson and Alex Smith I think might be the next two Ohio guys to get offered...maybe Christian Bryant too.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a UM fan, but if I were a pass-catching TE recruit, I'd make damn sure OSU actually throws the ball to the tight end before even considering an offer there. Kevin Koger had more catches as a true freshman in the cluster**** known as Michigan's offense than Jake Ballard, OSU's starting TE, did. That's pretty awful.

BRAVEHEART
02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
anbody have any info on any of these recruits?

Brandon Willis, DE/DT
Ego Ferguson, DE/DT
Christian Green, QB/WR
A.J. Derby, QB/WR
Darius White, WR
Chaz Green, OT

BigJohn98
02-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Brandon Willis will be a Nole.

Hollywood
02-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Chandler 5'11"? Hes listed at 6'0 and Ive heard hes closer to 6'1.

Normally in HS you want ur best players in the middle of the field yes. But not in 6A South Florida Football. The real CBs play corner ala Michael Carter, Patrick Johnson, Brandon McGee, Brandon Harris, Janoris Jenkins, so on and so forth. The fact that Joyner is playing LB makes me wonder. Especially since its easier to find HS LBs then good cover CBs.

As for where Joyner is leaning. He has already named UF, FSU and OSU his leader at different points in his recruitment and then changed his tune. So basically hes gonna be one of those headcases to follow. General concensus is FSU tho because he grew up an FSU fan.

With Chandler you're right that he is listed at 6' but I have heard the opposite about his height (I.E. he is 5'11"). Who knows? Either way both are going to be undersized height wise at there prospective positions, but they shown that it does not impact how they play.

Also, yes it is South Florida but you are not taking into account how bad Southwest Miami HS has historically been at football. They won more games this year (8) and last year (6) than they did in the three seasons of 04-07 combined (5). That is how big of impact Joyner (along with Hosey Williams to a lesser extent) has made.

I doubt he plays the same role at Columbus.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Coaches want '10 CT LB Khairi Fortt to come for one-on-one during spring practices, and he said he was looking forward to talking with the players and meeting everyone. Fortt and another CT kid, '10 RB Silas Redd, are visiting UVA this upcoming weekend....Fortt was at Maryland's this past weekend. He'll also be at PSU Nike camp, which I believe is May 2nd but it could be June 2nd (can't remember). He is going to take all 5 officials and hopes to announce at the US Army AA game, so I doubt there will be any decision from him for a long time.

'10 CT RB Silas Redd is still visiting March 27-29th, think he may commit. I'd say Redd, Royer, Betancourt are probable early on. Coxson could be another by May/June.

Two, three, or possibly even 4 OH kids will probably be visiting in the next month or two. Nobody real big-time, at least not on these forums. Probably just the Mooney kids even though we've been recruiting quite a few other OH prospects this year.

Things couldn't possibly be looking any better for '10 MD WR Adrian Coxson. Still visiting March 7th, scout has an article up now and rivals has his film up.

I'm not sure what to think about PA DT Sharrif Floyd, says PSU is recruiting him, coaches have been by the school and I quote, 'I'm cool with Penn State, I like them a little bit'...we haven't offered and I can't understand why - big time DL prospect.

sbh15
02-09-2009, 07:52 PM
Sniper, what can you tell me about Scot Loeffler as a recruiter?

He's already been assigned to a top Oklahoma prospect and another guy from California.

I saw was Mallet's recruiter, but that's the only one I found.

BRAVEHEART
02-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Brandon Willis will be a Nole.

Is he a DE for the Noles?

BigJohn98
02-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Is he a DE for the Noles?

I believe we are recruiting him as an end. I always thought he was a DT though.

keylime_5
02-09-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm not just saying this because I'm a UM fan, but if I were a pass-catching TE recruit, I'd make damn sure OSU actually throws the ball to the tight end before even considering an offer there. Kevin Koger had more catches as a true freshman in the cluster**** known as Michigan's offense than Jake Ballard, OSU's starting TE, did. That's pretty awful.

OSU's tight ends are pretty much considered the "3rd OT" or the "6th OL" and their role is to block and run certain routes. Jake Stoneburner is gonna be in the slot a lot and sometimes on the end, but he's basically gonna be doing closer to what Anthony Gonzalez did rather than what Rory Nicol and Jake Ballard do. Alex Smith's position is gonna be officially tight end, but essentially WR. Stoneburner and Smith aren't really blockers if you watch them, it's not like Dion Sims or Shede Hageman who were actually gonna be tight ends who block and catch. I can see why they were scared away, but Stoney and Smith were/are WRs in high school and they'll be essentially that at Ohio State.

Kevin Koger had more catches as a true freshman in the cluster**** known as Michigan's offense than Jake Ballard, OSU's starting TE, did. That's pretty awful.

well Ballard was the 2nd TE to all big ten tight end Rory Nicol, and like I said their primary role was to block.

BRAVEHEART
02-09-2009, 08:05 PM
I believe we are recruiting him as an end. I always thought he was a DT though.

He looks like he'd be an awesome DT (IMHO). At 6'4 he'd be able to be an athletic 300 pounder, and he looks very strong and physical. At DE he looks like he could compete immediately, and strong against the run and in traffic. What about his Teammate (the runningback, forgot his name), is he intrested in the Noles aswell?

BigJohn98
02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
He looks like he'd be an awesome DT (IMHO). At 6'4 he'd be able to be an athletic 300 pounder, and he looks very strong and physical. At DE he looks like he could compete immediately, and strong against the run and in traffic. What about his Teammate (the runningback, forgot his name), is he intrested in the Noles aswell?

Marcus Lattimore is interested in us. His top 5 is South Carolina, UNC, Bama, Florida State, and Clemson.

P-L
02-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I don't think Rich Rod got Ohio fever, he's just a great recruiter. He knows the best athletes are in Florida and Ohio is in the top five. He doesn't really have a chance in Texas or Florida, so he's focusing on the areas he can recruit. He proved he can recruit Florida to a certain extent and proved he can recruit Ohio, by grabbing the state's best player this past class.

It doesn't take a moron to figure out that Ohio has better high school football players than Michigan. The reason the offers are coming quicker this year is due to time issues. Last year he was worried about keeping the 2008 class together. Once that was accomplished, him and all of his staff took their vacations and got a late start on 2009. Expect U-M to grab a lot of Ohio and Florida kids. Even if Ohio State and the big three in Florida get first dibs in their states, there are plenty of kids who go under the radar because the states are loaded with talent.

P-L
02-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Sniper, what can you tell me about Scot Loeffler as a recruiter?

He's already been assigned to a top Oklahoma prospect and another guy from California.

I saw was Mallet's recruiter, but that's the only one I found.
He's an above average recruiter. While at U-M he was mainly assigned to OH, PA, and GA. He also went after most of the quarterbacks.

P-L
02-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Sorry for the triple post, but U-M also offered Jordan Hicks. That one looks like a losing effort though...

iowatreat54
02-09-2009, 08:24 PM

Brandon Willis, DE/DT
Ego Ferguson, DE/DT
Christian Green, QB/WR
A.J. Derby, QB/WR
Darius White, WR
Chaz Green, OT

All I know of AJ Derby is that he's grown up in Iowa City, is a Hawkeye fan but not so much that an offer from the big boys wouldn't tear him away. Last season was his first year at QB, pretty much was a Tebow-like athlete. He is said to be very raw at QB, but still has potential to play there in college. Rumor that at the AAA camp for juniors or whatever, he had one of if not the strongest arm. Also, his HS Iowa City High plays in the top Iowa level of competition, not that it's saying a lot. I've heard him mentioned as a QB, S, LB, and TE, never heard WR though.

BRAVEHEART
02-09-2009, 08:28 PM
All I know of AJ Derby is that he's grown up in Iowa City, is a Hawkeye fan but not so much that an offer from the big boys wouldn't tear him away. Last season was his first year at QB, pretty much was a Tebow-like athlete. He is said to be very raw at QB, but still has potential to play there in college. Rumor that at the AAA camp for juniors or whatever, he had one of if not the strongest arm. Also, his HS Iowa City High plays in the top Iowa level of competition, not that it's saying a lot. I've heard him mentioned as a QB, S, LB, and TE, never heard WR though.

Got it from USC's rival site, said he has good "hands". The only thing I read about is that he is similar to tebow.

iowatreat54
02-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Got it from USC's rival site, said he has good "hands". The only thing I read about is that he is similar to tebow.

Yea, the Tebow comparison is obviously there but should be taken with a grain of salt. They are similar in build, speed (Derby runs a 4.6 reported, idk about Tebow in HS), Derby punishes the D by running all over them, but can also throw. But like I said, his passing game is far from polished, he just has a really huge arm. I don't remember what Tebow was like coming out, but I'm pretty sure Derby won't be as big a prospect obviously. That said, I've read many scouts/analysts/etc. feel with more experience his senior year and some work at the next level, he definitely could play QB at the next level.

I really hope he isn't star struck by all the big boys and stays home, but I have a feeling he's going big time.

BRAVEHEART
02-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Yea, the Tebow comparison is obviously there but should be taken with a grain of salt. They are similar in build, speed (Derby runs a 4.6 reported, idk about Tebow in HS), Derby punishes the D by running all over them, but can also throw. But like I said, his passing game is far from polished, he just has a really huge arm. I don't remember what Tebow was like coming out, but I'm pretty sure Derby won't be as big a prospect obviously. That said, I've read many scouts/analysts/etc. feel with more experience his senior year and some work at the next level, he definitely could play QB at the next level.

I really hope he isn't star struck by all the big boys and stays home, but I have a feeling he's going big time.

I would personally like if he went to Iowa aswell, It'd be nice to see them with a big-time skill position prospect. My sister is a Iowa alum, so they would be the Big10 team I'd root for.

iowatreat54
02-09-2009, 08:45 PM
I would personally like if he went to Iowa aswell, It'd be nice to see them with a big-time skill position prospect. My sister is a Iowa alum, so they would be the Big10 team I'd root for.

You can still root for us. ;) That is, until we finally make a Rose Bowl to play USC. Weird, the year we faced USC, it was a BCS bowl outside the Rose.

But Derby is the keystone for Iowa's '10 class, along with Andre Dawson. Hopefully, the fact we've been in on him earlier than anyone else, he goes to school literally 2 blocks from the football stadium, and he will have the opportunity to play any position he wants will persuade him to stay.

BRAVEHEART
02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
You can still root for us. ;) That is, until we finally make a Rose Bowl to play USC. Weird, the year we faced USC, it was a BCS bowl outside the Rose.

But Derby is the keystone for Iowa's '10 class, along with Andre Dawson. Hopefully, the fact we've been in on him earlier than anyone else, he goes to school literally 2 blocks from the football stadium, and he will have the opportunity to play any position he wants will persuade him to stay.

I root for them in games, but it's nothing serious and I don't show the passion that i do when I root for the USC Trojans (my eldest brother's alma-mater), Clippers (my B-ball team), Lions (my football team). all my siblings are half siblings, but i have a good relationship with my brothers. My sister was never really involved in my life like my brothers, until the last ten years, and SC is one of the home town schools (UCLA being the other) so it just seemed natural. It's funny because at one time I used to root for three losers (loser is too strong a word for the 90's trojans, but UCLA was king of LA at the time, and people that rooted for the trojans were looked at as losers, just like how UCLA fans are looked at now:p ). Now I only root for two losers.....:(

Jonny
02-09-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm not sure what to think about PA DT Sharrif Floyd, says PSU is recruiting him, coaches have been by the school and I quote, 'I'm cool with Penn State, I like them a little bit'...

Where's that from?

BRAVEHEART
02-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I think Sharrif Floyd will be in the top-3 of DT's of this class when all is said and done.

cdub11
02-09-2009, 11:06 PM

Brandon Willis, DE/DT
Ego Ferguson, DE/DT
Christian Green, QB/WR
A.J. Derby, QB/WR
Darius White, WR
Chaz Green, OT

Darius White was in Austin over the weekend and picked up an offer but has not committed.

Pokeys
02-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Seastruck, White, and Nelson would all be graet to land. Either way 10 commits, nice day.

cdub11
02-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Seastruck, White, and Nelson would all be graet to land. Either way 10 commits, nice day.

would also like to get Jeffcoat & Wilson

JoeyJr09
02-10-2009, 12:10 AM

Brandon Willis, DE/DT
Ego Ferguson, DE/DT
Christian Green, QB/WR
A.J. Derby, QB/WR
Darius White, WR
Chaz Green, OT

I've heard that Christian Green and Chaz Green will be at UF if they are offered (teammates).

Willis is all FSU.

Ferguson is one of the most wide open prospects out there. Everyone is in on him.

BRAVEHEART
02-10-2009, 12:14 AM
]I've heard that Christian Green and Chaz Green will be at UF if they are offered (teammates).[/B]

Willis is all FSU.

Ferguson is one of the most wide open prospects out there. Everyone is in on him.

Figures...who is the better prospect out of the two?

Ferguson is one of the most wide open prospects out there.

Oh boy, do i like the sound of that. Is he looked at DE or DT with most schools?

JoeyJr09
02-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Figures...who is the better prospect out of the two?

Oh boy, do i like the sound of that. Is he looked at DE or DT with most schools?

I think Green is the better prospect. ;)

Seriously tho, Christian is the better of the 2.

Ego is wide open but I the feeling I get is he wants to stay on the east coast. I've seen him connected with us, PSU, Rutgers, BC and UF.

You mentioning him is the 1st I've heard of any west coast talk for him.

Check out his list of interested schools. Not that these are 100 percent accurate but that fact that there are zero west coast schools on there is very telling.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=84259&Sport=1

BRAVEHEART
02-10-2009, 12:28 AM
I think Green is the better prospect. ;)

Seriously tho, Christian is the better of the 2.

Ego is wide open but I the feeling I get is he wants to stay on the east coast. I've seen him connected with us, PSU, Rutgers, BC and UF.

You mentioning him is the 1st I've heard of any west coast talk for him.

Check out his list of interested schools. Not that these are 100 percent accurate but that fact that there are zero west coast schools on there is very telling.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=84259&Sport=1

That is very true, I was just asking because he appears to be on USC's radar.

CroomDawgs
02-10-2009, 12:53 AM
Anyone got any news on Devin Clark? He's one of the top players in Mississippi and is visiting us in a month.

Also hoping we can steal Vincent smith from Ole miss' grasp. We did just sign 9 WRs but he was great with Pat Patterson last year.

james Hurst is coming down for Junior Day. It would be huge to grab him.

P-L
02-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Jerald Robinson has been a wolverine for less than a day and him and 'Cardo are already teaming up to try and recruit LaTwan Anderson. Gotta love it.

wicket
02-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Anyone got any news on Devin Clark? He's one of the top players in Mississippi and is visiting us in a month.

Also hoping we can steal Vincent smith from Ole miss' grasp. We did just sign 9 WRs but he was great with Pat Patterson last year.

james Hurst is coming down for Junior Day. It would be huge to grab him.

I would be seriously ticked of if you would get him.

keylime_5
02-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Sorry for the triple post, but U-M also offered Jordan Hicks. That one looks like a losing effort though...

Texas if they'll take him, if not Florida. He's going south.

tjsunstein
02-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Anyone have info on Marcus Lattimore?

fresssh
02-10-2009, 11:18 AM
I still cant get over how Mia hasnt offered LB Jeff Luc. His interest in Miami is high and I cant stop watching his highlights. Their absolutely ridiculous. We need to sign some LB's next year and it sure doesnt look like were going after many.

Also Chris Dunkley's interest in Miami has risen. He says he really likes Miami since they just offered and he wants to sign with a dual threat quarterback. Talks about how much he like Jeffery Goddfrey.

keylime_5
02-10-2009, 11:32 AM
North Canton RB Erick Howard (who was Ohio Mr. Football as a junior - first junior to win that award I can remember) got an offer from Tennessee to go with Akron, Cincinnati, Colorado, and one or two others. Good news from his grades standpoint, though none of those schools have academic standards for athletes that Ohio State does, so I still think he has work to do. I think he eventually gets offered by Ohio State and we sign him, which makes me excited b/c he's my favorite Ohio prospect for 2010.

Hines
02-10-2009, 11:35 AM
North Canton RB Erick Howard (who was Ohio Mr. Football as a junior - first junior to win that award I can remember) got an offer from Tennessee to go with Akron, Cincinnati, Colorado, and one or two others. Good news from his grades standpoint, though none of those schools have academic standards for athletes that Ohio State does, so I still think he has work to do. I think he eventually gets offered by Ohio State and we sign him, which makes me excited b/c he's my favorite Ohio prospect for 2010.

Even more then Turner? What are your plans for him? Have him bulk up and put his hand on the ground, or play him at WLB and have him rush the passer, ect?

Sniper
02-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Even more then Turner? What are your plans for him? Have him bulk up and put his hand on the ground, or play him at WLB and have him rush the passer, ect?

Turner is quite the one-trick pony. He's probably better off at SLB.

Hines
02-10-2009, 12:19 PM

I personally think he is the best running back in the 2010 class. He has the total package when it comes to running backs. He isn't on the same level as Bryce Brown or Trent Richardson, though.

BRAVEHEART
02-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I personally think he is the best running back in the 2010 class. He has the total package when it comes to running backs. He isn't on the same level as Bryce Brown or Trent Richardson, though.

Besides for being heavy and physical, he doesn't wow me.

keylime_5
02-10-2009, 12:33 PM
I said Howard was my favorite 2010 OH prospect, not the best. Norwell and James I think are better prospects. Turner is very intriguing, he's a lot like Aaron Maybin or Thaddeus Gibson, he is an elite pass rusher and is so athletic that he'll see time at OLB and DE, and some schools are recruiting him as a safety even. Pretty telling about how athletic you are when you are being recruited as a DE, LB, and S by different schools. Reminds me of the many DEs in the past who came to college as a WR and ended up as a pass rusher.

Turner is gonna come to Ohio State as a linebacker, and if he gets big enough he will be the LEO defensive end like Gibson, Gholston, Carpenter (as a senior), and Will Smith.

Sniper
02-10-2009, 12:34 PM
I said Howard was my favorite 2010 OH prospect, not the best. Norwell and James I think are better prospects. Turner is very intriguing, he's a lot like Aaron Maybin or Thaddeus Gibson, he is an elite pass rusher and is so athletic that he'll see time at OLB and DE, and some schools are recruiting him as a safety even. Pretty telling about how athletic you are when you are being recruited as a DE, LB, and S by different schools. Reminds me of the many DEs in the past who came to college as a WR and ended up as a pass rusher.

I remember Jevon Kearse, the safety!

Hollywood
02-10-2009, 12:44 PM
I remember Jevon Kearse, the safety!

+1. Jevon Kearse the safety = Ray Ray Armstrong the safety. I think that is the most apt comparison I have heard on Ray Ray yet; I think they will have similar career paths.

BigJohn98
02-10-2009, 02:46 PM

Interested in FSU, Clemson, UNC, Bama, and USCeast. If signing day was today he would be a Gamecock.

sbh15
02-10-2009, 03:00 PM
Florida offered Adrian White Jr. and his weird ass haircut today, apparently his dad was a Gator.

Any Texas guys know anything about him/where he's leaning?

cdub11
02-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Florida offered Adrian White Jr. and his weird ass haircut today, apparently his dad was a Gator.

Any Texas guys know anything about him/where he's leaning?

he was offered by texas this weekend, there is a lot of speculation that he is a silent commit

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Where's that from?

Our guy talked to him, no article. It'll be interesting to see whether or not we can get him, we'll definitely be losing 6'5 310 senior DT Jared Odrick after '09, and if he continues to progress he may very well be a 1st or 2nd rounder.

We also have 2 RS JR DTs in 6'3 320 Abe Koroma & 6'1 295 Ollie Ogbu, either of them could potentially leave if they have a stand-out year next to Odrick....I'd lean more towards Ogbu because of his burst. Odrick is one of the more important players on the entire D, so PT shouldn't be much of an issue for Floyd.

-------

'10 CT RB/DB Silas Redd once again said if PSU feels like home on his unofficial visit he'll commit on the spot. Says he has been a PSU fan since he was 7 years old...I'm hoping for a commit after his March 27-29th visit. And I'm also hoping we put/keep him at RB rather then DB.

wicket
02-10-2009, 04:57 PM
A question for a guy into cali recruiting consernin sean parker. I've basicly heard two main stories about his recruitement.
- he wants to go out of cali
- he wants to go where byron moore goes (remarks pre-dates Byrons usc recommitment)
Since things can't work out in a way that both things will happen what is the bigger factor here?