PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

bearsfan_51
08-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm confused now.

Also, JBond I'm cool with the infraction, but did you have to delete me embarassing Told?

HindSight
08-10-2009, 03:39 PM
There's not much to be confused about. The knock on the kid is that he's too fat and his work ethic is questionable. The fact that I, you, and anybody reading this knows that means that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaching staffs know it, too. The claim that MSU and Michigan didn't offer because they knew it, but Oklahoma and OSU offered because they didn't know it is what is foolish.

ToldLikeItIs
08-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Embarrassing me?

The three will be Hawks by the end of August. Forlorn conclusion.

HindSight
08-10-2009, 05:22 PM
do you mean forgone?

bearsfan_51
08-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Embarrassing me?

The three will be Hawks by the end of August. Forlorn conclusion.

Forlorn, adj.,
1) Abandonned, left behind, deserted
2) Miserable

You were looking for foregone conclusion. Great Iowa education at work.

Jbond deleted my post because I called you a naughty name, but in it, I gave you quotes to disprove everything you said. Particularly humorous is the fact that you said Kirksey and Shumpert never visited Minnesota, when in fact they did in late July, one week before they visited Iowa.

I swear man, you're so awful it's funny, but it gets old proving you wrong every single day.

wicket
08-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Forlorn, adj.,
1) Abandonned, left behind, deserted
2) Miserable

You were looking for foregone conclusion. Great Iowa education at work.

Jbond deleted my thread because I called you a naughty name, but in it, I gave you quotes to disprove everything you said. Particularly humerous is the fact that you said Kirksey and Shumpert never visisted Minnesota, when in fact they did in late July, one week before they visited Iowa.

I swear man, you're so awful it's funny, but it gets old proving you wrong every single day.

Its actually one of the few words in the english language thats directly 'stolen' from a dutch word and then spelled totally different. Good times

bearsfan_51
08-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Its actually one of the few words in the english language thats directly 'stolen' from a dutch word and then spelled totally different. Good times
http://palmgoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/the_more_you_know2.jpg

ToldLikeItIs
08-10-2009, 08:06 PM
No neither have them have visited Minnesota Bearsfan.

ToldLikeItIs
08-10-2009, 08:07 PM
When Shumpert, Kirksey, Davis, and at it appears Coker...

are Hawkeyes, just like Donnal, Gray, Poggi, Ferguson, Scherff, Hoch, and Trinca Pasat before them..

That makes me wrong again?

Things must be different in hyperbole town.

bearsfan_51
08-10-2009, 08:25 PM
When Shumpert, Kirksey, Davis, and at it appears Coker...

are Hawkeyes, just like Donnal, Gray, Poggi, Ferguson, Scherff, Hoch, and Trinca Pasat before them..

That makes me wrong again?

Things must be different in hyperbole town.
I thought I'd be ironic this time and use a link from an Iowa message board.

http://www.hawkeyehideout.com/showthread.php?p=82173

I have no idea who half of the players you listed even are, but I know Shumpert, Kirksey, and Coker all visited here. Whether they commit I have no idea, but I do know you are full of **** 99% of the time. Iowa could get them this year, as they actually seem to be doing slightly better than pathetic in the recruiting department so far.

Or I could pull up the numbers again to show just how bad we've beaten you at recruiting the last few years. Brandon Green, Lamonte Edwards, Tom Parrish, Bryant Allen, Ra'Shede Hageman, Marquies Gray, Sam Maresh, Kerry Lewis. That's just off the top of my head. All offers from Iowa, all went to Minnesota.

In fact, for the last two years there wasn't a single player with an offer from Minnesota that went to Iowa. Mike Hardy was the first to change that.

yo123
08-10-2009, 08:30 PM
I thought I'd be ironic this time and use a link from an Iowa message board.

http://www.hawkeyehideout.com/showthread.php?p=82173

I have no idea who half of the players you listed even are, but I know Shumpert, Kirksey, and Coker all visited here. Whether they commit I have no idea, but I do know you are full of **** 99% of the time. Iowa could get them this year, as they actually seem to be doing slightly better than pathetic in the recruiting department so far.

Or I could pull up the numbers again to show just how bad we've beaten you at recruiting the last few years. Brandon Green, Lamonte Edwards, Tom Parrish, Bryant Allen, Ra'Shede Hageman, Marquies Gray, Sam Maresh, Kerry Lewis. That's just off the top of my head. All offers from Iowa, all went to Minnesota.

In fact, for the last two years there wasn't a single player with an offer from Minnesota that went to Iowa. Mike Hardy was the first to change that.

I was about to post the same link.

And forlorn conclusion=sig quote.

iowatreat54
08-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Hooray for head to head recruiting wins!!!!

;)

ToldLikeItIs
08-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Players I predicted would commit to Iowa, and have.

This year? Jimmy Gjere and Lamonte Edwards, Parish didn't have an offer.

We generally don't recruit well as Timmy Promises, but we still beat him by fifty points, on the road. This year is different. The approach has changed, and so have the results.

99% of the time? That means for every two hundred players I say will commit to Iowa, only two do. Wow. I guess I didn't know I was that bad.

JFLO
08-10-2009, 09:26 PM
So where does everyone think all these players will go...here is mine, feel free to quote.

Running Back
Lache Seastrunk---Louisiana State
Marcus Lattimore---South Carolina
Michael Dyer---Arkansas
Jordon James---UCLA

Wide Receiver
Darius White---Oklahoma State (going with the sleeper)
Kyle Prater---Southern California
Trovon Reed---Louisiana State
Shakim Phillips---Pittsburgh
Chris Dunkley---Florida
Ivan McCartney---North Carolina

Offensive Tackle
Seantrel Henderson---Literally have no clue, I'll say USC but I'll change tomorrow

Defensive End
Jackson Jeffcoat---Texas
Ronald Powell---Southern California
JR Ferguson---Tennessee
Gabe King---North Carolina State
Brandon Willis---Clemson
Owamagbe Odighizuwa---California

Defensive Tackle
Shariff Floyd---Penn State

Linebacker
Jordan Hicks---Texas
Jeff Luc---Georgia (sleeper pick)
Khairi Fortt---Penn State
Christian Jones---Florida State

Defensive Back
Lamarcus Joyner---Florida State
Josh Shaw---Ohio State
Josh Fulton---South Carolina
Cody Riggs---Florida

ToldLikeItIs
08-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Solid besides

Shaw USC, McCartney Florida, Willis FSU, Luc Florida

sbh15
08-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Luc - UF
Powell - UF

Both WILL happen unless Strong leaves or something goes on with Powell.

Sticks - Miami

And I expect Obsjaijzn FIiwoakajd to be a Gator. We like him a lot.

BigJohn98
08-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Willis and Luc to FSU, IMO.

StackJaxx
08-10-2009, 09:58 PM
King to Cal.

srv fan
08-10-2009, 11:24 PM
There's not much to be confused about. The knock on the kid is that he's too fat and his work ethic is questionable. The fact that I, you, and anybody reading this knows that means that the Ohio State and Oklahoma coaching staffs know it, too. The claim that MSU and Michigan didn't offer because they knew it, but Oklahoma and OSU offered because they didn't know it is what is foolish.

But the extent of that laziness, lack of conditioning, and academic issues is something we (messageboarders) don't know, and I would say the two instate programs know more of than the OOS ones. Compare these two scenarios, and maybe you'll see what I'm trying to get at.

1) Oklahoma sees film of Hankins, thinks he looks good. They hear rumors that he's lazy and has academic issues, but they have no real way to verify this, since they don't have any connection to the school administration, his high school coaches, or Detroit football insiders, all of whom could give a much more detailed assessment of whether the rumors are true. They offer, since to them it's just hearsay and Hankins is undeniably a big (literally) talent.

2) UM and MSU see film and games, think he looks good. They hear he's lazy, and so they use their many Detroit area recruiters/insiders to check out his practices and see whether he dogs it there. They privately work him out. They talk to his high school coaches about his work ethic. They ask school administrators what kind of student he is. They get a bunch of red flags which concretely corroborate the rumors of laziness and conditioning, and decide not to offer.

It's not that Hankins having issues is something UM/MSU know about, and OU/tOSU are completely in the dark on. But the extent of the issues, and the reliability of the information about them, is an entirely different story and one where it's logical to assume the local programs know more of the whole story.

As previous posts have pointed out, it is extremely weird for someone to be talented enough to receive OOS offers from two of the most prestigious, selective football programs in the country, but not from the two instate programs (both of whom normally would fall all over themselves trying to recruit the next Joseph Barksdale or William Campbell).

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Dyer is in love with Auburn from what i hear.

ToldLikeItIs
08-11-2009, 02:13 AM
Fla is not getting Powell

wicket
08-11-2009, 05:34 AM
So where does everyone think all these players will go...here is mine, feel free to quote.

Jordon James---UCLA

Josh Shaw---Ohio State
Cody Riggs---Florida

Provided that ND plays good enough for charlie to keep his job:
I dont see nd missing out on jordon james at all, and id be VERY suprised if ND misses out on both shaw and riggs.

I'd say Dyer to auburn
Brandon Willis---Florida State
Owamagbe Odighizuwa---Florida

JFLO
08-11-2009, 06:47 AM
Provided that ND plays good enough for charlie to keep his job:
I dont see nd missing out on jordon james at all, and id be VERY suprised if ND misses out on both shaw and riggs.

I'd say Dyer to auburn
Brandon Willis---Florida State
Owamagbe Odighizuwa---Florida

Josh Shaw just said that Ohio State was his leader by a landslide....

wicket
08-11-2009, 06:51 AM

the day after his visit, he has showed a tendancy to wear his tongue on his sleeve, osu is third in that race at best

Sniper
08-11-2009, 07:18 AM

It's August, and he hasn't taken officials yet.

cdub11
08-11-2009, 09:22 AM

Lache Seastrunk---Louisiana State

Darius White---Oklahoma State (going with the sleeper)

Jackson Jeffcoat---Texas

Jordan Hicks---Texas

Lache - Agree
DWhite - I think ends up at ou
Jeffcoat - very close between Texas and ou but Ill say Texas
Hicks - could easily see him staying home at Ohio St. but if he makes it to Austin for a visit, Ill say Texas

keylime_5
08-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Shaw has visited USC in the past and said Ohio State visit was 10x better than any in the past.

"I was most impressed with how important football is there," continued Shaw. "I saw how much more important it is out there than it is on the West Coast. People knew who I was when I was walking around."

He's no lock or anything, but you can't be that optomistic after reading that Bucknuts article unless youre an OSU fan at this point. Him coming to the USC/OSU game atmosphere I think should seal the deal.

CherryGarcia510
08-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Prater U$C bound. Just wait.

iowatreat54
08-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Chicago 3* DT Bruce Gaston named 6 schools, down from 15, that he is still interested in.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4390896&name=Midwest_Recruiting

When asked by Steve Wiltfong of Irish Sports Daily who has made his cut, Gaston replied, "Iowa, Purdue, Notre Dame, Arizona, Wisconsin and Michigan State. It was a really hard decision, and it took me longer than I thought it would."

Among the 15 schools that did not make Gaston's cut were Virginia, Illinois, Minnesota, Central Michigan and Indiana.

While I don't like going against ND, Wisconsin, or MSU lately, I'm pretty happy to see Illinois off that list as they have had a lot of success in Chicago recently.

Also, Iowa picks up a commit from FLorida 3* RB Kedrick Rhodes from Trinity Catholic in Ocala. I have no idea who he is or that we even had interest in him.

JFLO
08-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Don't think this has been mentioned, but Kadrone Boone is going to Texas Tech.

Sniper
08-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Also, Iowa picks up a commit from FLorida 3* RB Kedrick Rhodes from Trinity Catholic in Ocala. I have no idea who he is or that we even had interest in him.

Rivals lists offers from Northwestern, Florida International and Kansas State.

ToldLikeItIs
08-11-2009, 03:48 PM
His film is nice, but I had absolutely no idea, not sure the staff did either.

Andre Dawson could honestly lose his spot.

ToldLikeItIs
08-11-2009, 03:49 PM
I told Benn Gaston was all about the Hawks.

wicket
08-11-2009, 04:14 PM
justin mccay to oklahoma per some radio station apparently, dont have a proper link yet

JRTPlaya21
08-11-2009, 05:10 PM
http://oklahoma.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=68780

There you go

bigbenn
08-11-2009, 06:03 PM

No, he wasn't, but that happens when:

A) Illinois' depth chart is better than the teams on his list

B) Priorities change, needs of position change when you see your guys and they're better than expected and going to be stars, and lastly, recruits' position on the board changes when other recruits (Corey Lemonier, Shariff Floyd, Dior Mathis, CJ O the DE from Michigan, etc. etc. etc. start to express interest). Plus you have one guy who's going to be on board (Calvin Smith) so...they're still going to recruit Gaston but stuff changes, and Smith was higher than Gaston on the board from the start (Gaston wasn't even on the board until spring). I personally really like Gaston and think he has the potential to be a BIG time DT. And just FWIW, I don't think that is his final 6.

C) Finally you have douchebags like Tom Lemming and Taylor Bell going all out against Illinois. CJ F was their little baby and when he committed to Illinois, that set off a firestorm. I just can't wait until the season starts to shut these two up.

bigbenn
08-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Prater U$C bound. Just wait.

Some Illinois fans are freaking out because Prater said he's moving his decision up and he just visited USC. I don't know how anybody missed it when I told them he might move his decision up (Was this close to deciding in mid July). USC even made Martez think but I'm still going Illinois.

ToldLikeItIs
08-11-2009, 06:13 PM
Assuming Lemonier commits to Illinois, Smith.

Gaston wasn't on anyone's board before Spring.

bigbenn
08-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Assuming Lemonier commits to Illinois, Smith.

Gaston wasn't on anyone's board before Spring.

Yes he was...he just wasn't recruited that much. But as soon as I posted I don't think that is his final 6 I read this from an interview on the ND Scout site:

My six are Iowa, Purdue, Notre Dame, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and Illinois,

I don't know if that's confusion or not? I'm still not high on Gaston to Illinois anymore after recent happenings. I would like to have him if other options fail though. Like I said he could be a really big deal at DT one day.

critesy
08-11-2009, 06:27 PM
havent payed attention to recuiting lately so can someone update me on the status of lattimore and/or seastrunk to auburn? are they still interested or what ?

TigerBait45
08-11-2009, 06:30 PM
I think they're both showing interest but it'd shock me if either one ended up at Auburn tbh. I think they might get michael dyer but I figure Lattimore will go to South Carolina and the homer in me says Lache ends up at LSU

JFLO
08-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Seastrunk said that he is really interested in Auburn, but he's said the same thing about USC, LSU and Texas...Auburn just got a lot more publicity because no one expected it.

I agree with Tiger Bait on where both will end up...but I wouldn't be surprised to see Lattimore at UNC

iowatreat54
08-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Well the link I posted was as of today, and the interview in which he left Illinois off was also with someone affiliated with the Fighting Irish media. Now, on that list, Arizona doesn't fit in whereas Illinois makes more sense, but who knows, I'm just going by what the link says, and it could obviously be a missquote/typo. So, if you can link the other article benn, that would help, unless it's premium.

Andre Dawson could honestly lose his spot.

I'm starting to think this. Despite some saying Dawson isn't all he's been cracked up to be, I would rather not lose a talented instate kid. But with Rhodes committing, as well as Iowa's high interest in other backs, it might happen. It will especially hurt if he chooses Wisconsin or Nebraska.

Hines
08-11-2009, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Lattimore at Penn State :D

ToldLikeItIs
08-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Rhodes didn't have a commitable offer.

JFLO
08-12-2009, 07:46 AM
Kyle Prater has said that he is set to announce on September 2nd, most likely to USC.

Patrick Turner anyone?

bearsfan_51
08-12-2009, 08:21 AM
I would love to take Andre Dawson off your hands.

CLong4Heisman
08-12-2009, 11:21 AM

Until he got the Notre Dame offer. nd is his favorite

iowatreat54
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Apparently Rhodes didn't commit. He was supposed to announce yesterday with teammates or something, but the media said he committed to the Hawks before he actually did so he's saying he didn't commit. Idk what the big deal is but isn't a verbal as of right now.

ToldLikeItIs
08-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Coaches want him to visit first, to be sure.

iowatreat54
08-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Coaches want him to visit first, to be sure.

Someone just posted that on rivals as a guess, so it's not like that's the reason for sure.

I hope it is, because the coaches want to make sure the kid likes the school and being away from home before taking him, rather than a year into his freshman year when he doesn't like it.

YAYareaRB
08-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I had no idea BYU signed Alani Fua. What a recruiting class they have. Not exactly Florida, Georgia, LSU caliber but man, I'm impressed

ToldLikeItIs
08-12-2009, 12:32 PM
The coaches aren't going to accept a commitment from a kid 2,000 miles away who hasn't even visited with White and Dawson, who have both visited multiple times, on the cusp of making a decision.

iowatreat54
08-12-2009, 03:01 PM
The coaches aren't going to accept a commitment from a kid 2,000 miles away who hasn't even visited with White and Dawson, who have both visited multiple times, on the cusp of making a decision.

Oh, I know, I was just saying that wasn't confirmed as the reason, just speculation. Although, I do agree that it's most likely the reason, but I didn't want speculation to be represented as fact right now.

CashmoneyDrew
08-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Delvin Jones, 4 star athlete from Miami Florida has committed to Tennessee.

Sniper
08-14-2009, 09:30 PM
http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=2&c=888472&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http://michigan.scout.com/2/888472.html

OH DT Terry Talbott and brother CB Terrence Talbott both commit to Michigan.

ToldLikeItIs
08-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Big time move.
Terry is underrated.

keylime_5
08-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Terry would be rated a lot higher if he used his hands. He has potential if he learns some technique.

Newbs24
08-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Happy with the pickups. Both are at a position of need. Now we need some more DL's, LBs and Cullen and Ifill.

BPhilb
08-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Nick Demien 4 star OLineman from Missouri committed to Mizzou today over Oklahoma. Great pickup for Mizzou.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Richard Dickson's little brother Travis committed to LSU today!!!!!

http://louisianastate.scout.com/

TigerBait45
08-15-2009, 10:40 PM
good pickup. He's the better athlete of the two.

Sniper
08-17-2009, 08:50 AM
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=88&yr=2010

Updated Scout 100

- Devin Gardner is a 5-star, thus proving that all is right in the world.

ToldLikeItIs
08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
James White is visiting during the Arizona game.

scottyboy
08-17-2009, 11:53 AM
so I've decided to just expand my Rutgers homerism/knowledge, I should get into recruiting more. where do you guys go for most of your stuff and rumors? especially jonny and gf1080, they're the RU recruiting guru's.

Sniper
08-17-2009, 11:55 AM
they're the RU recruiting guru's.

First, we're going to work on pluralizing words. You're a college man now. We can't be having these incidents again. Second, I think I heard that Rutgers' Rivals site is pretty decent.

scottyboy
08-17-2009, 11:57 AM
First, we're going to work on pluralizing words. You're a college man now. We can't be having these incidents again. Second, I think I heard that Rutgers' Rivals site is pretty decent.

wow, see being an English man myself, I cannot believe I did that. Forgive me. I don't normally make that mistake :(

and I'll check that out

ToldLikeItIs
08-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Parlez vous Francais monseuir Sniper?

wicket
08-17-2009, 01:50 PM

well apparently you don't but hell, I wouldn't expect you to.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-17-2009, 02:20 PM

Updated Scout 100

its scout rankings..id hardly say anything is right with them...

Sniper
08-17-2009, 02:22 PM

Yeah, it's my first language.

its scout rankings..id hardly say anything is right with them...

You're right. I don't really give a **** about ratings and such, but it will shut half of our fanbase up, which is nice.

Hines
08-17-2009, 02:36 PM

Updated Scout 100

Sucks that Coxson dropped from 2 to 8, but still a 5*. Also, I still hope Penn State gets Kenny Stills. He would be huge for this class.

CLong4Heisman
08-17-2009, 02:41 PM
From ESPNs On the Trail
Nation's top offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson names official visits
Seantrel Henderson (St. Paul, Minn./Cretin-Derham), the No. 4-rated prospect in the ESPNU 150, has selected his official visit destinations, ESPN's Bill Kurelic reports.

His father, Sean Henderson, said, "I definitely know his five official visits. He will visit Ohio State, Oklahoma, Florida, USC and Notre Dame. So far he has Ohio State Sept. 12. Notre Dame will probably be Oct. 17. And USC is Nov. 28 tentatively."

Henderson is still considering in-state Minnesota but will not visit officially, "We live here," Sean Henderson said. "He's been to Minnesota a thousand times."

Wow. I thought Notre Dame was out of it.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah, it's my first language.

You're right. I don't really give a **** about ratings and such, but it will shut half of our fanbase up, which is nice.
if rankings did that for half of the fanbases it's be worth it.

JFLO
08-17-2009, 03:13 PM
From ESPNs On the Trail
Nation's top offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson names official visits
Seantrel Henderson (St. Paul, Minn./Cretin-Derham), the No. 4-rated prospect in the ESPNU 150, has selected his official visit destinations, ESPN's Bill Kurelic reports.

His father, Sean Henderson, said, "I definitely know his five official visits. He will visit Ohio State, Oklahoma, Florida, USC and Notre Dame. So far he has Ohio State Sept. 12. Notre Dame will probably be Oct. 17. And USC is Nov. 28 tentatively."

Henderson is still considering in-state Minnesota but will not visit officially, "We live here," Sean Henderson said. "He's been to Minnesota a thousand times."

Wow. I thought Notre Dame was out of it.

Wow, he's coming to the USC game...no surprise but if fans and environment are an influence on his decision, then that will definitely increase his interest in the Buckeyes, win or lose. I'll definitely be stalking him while he is on campus.

On the thought of Notre Dame, I've always felt that he was a sleeper for them. They recruited his teammate, Michael Floyd very well and Floyd might be doing the same thing.

Does anyone else notice that his dad does all the talking for him? Then, Seantrel will come over and say something totally different...

CLong4Heisman
08-17-2009, 03:25 PM
He's also visiting ND the 17th which is the USC game. Is it possible that he's using other schools to watch his #1 choice play?

JFLO
08-17-2009, 03:27 PM
He's also visiting ND the 17th which is the USC game. Is it possible that he's using other schools to watch his #1 choice play?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Very sneaky Seantrel!

wicket
08-17-2009, 03:30 PM

that was my thought partially as well but everybody is coming to the sc game, anybody coming to an earlier game to me is really good news for nd recruiting and most of them (guys coming to a game ealier than the sc game) could even be considered nd leans imo

tolnaballa
08-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Hurricanes pick up Tyrone Cornelius

http://miami.rivals.com/

JayP
08-17-2009, 10:56 PM
that was my thought partially as well but everybody is coming to the sc game, anybody coming to an earlier game to me is really good news for nd recruiting and most of them (guys coming to a game ealier than the sc game) could even be considered nd leans imo

If Henderson was visiting ND for the USC game and OSU for the Michigan game, then I'd believe that he was just picking big games to go view. But to visit 2 different teams to watch them play against the same team that your highly considering isn't a coincidence.

If he names another school that plays USC as an official and then takes an official the same weekend USC will be in town, I'd say it's all but over.

keylime_5
08-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Maybe so.....but USC/OSU is gonna have more visitors this year than we've ever had so it definitely could still be coincidence. I really think it's impossible to tell where Sean is leaning if anywhere at all. His signature could go any way IMO.

wicket
08-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Maybe so.....but USC/OSU is gonna have more visitors this year than we've ever had so it definitely could still be coincidence. I really think it's impossible to tell where Sean is leaning if anywhere at all. His signature could go any way IMO.

Well i'm pretty sure we are not going to get him. If i had to make a guess it would be a 4 horse race with USC, OSU, Minny and Florida and I think that usc will finally sign him but that is just me though without any info that all of y'all dont already know

Sniper
08-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Well i'm pretty sure we are not going to get him. If i had to make a guess it would be a 4 horse race with USC, OSU, Minny and Florida and I think that usc will finally sign him but that is just me though without any info that all of y'all dont already know

He could go to OSU and be the next Alex Boone. That could be too hard to pass up! :D

wicket
08-18-2009, 09:05 AM
He could go to OSU and be the next Alex Boone. That could be too hard to pass up! :D

well its good times, thats for sure

keylime_5
08-18-2009, 10:33 AM
......or the next Pace ;). As long as he doesn't become an alcoholic moron it's all good.

JayP
08-18-2009, 04:14 PM
I say wait until Sean opens his mouth and says where he's going for visits. There's been a pattern of Papa Henderson saying one thing and Sean saying some entirely different.

BigJohn98
08-18-2009, 10:07 PM
FSU leads for Storm Johnson now.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-18-2009, 10:27 PM
not official but sources saying Jeff Luc committed to FSU today but isn't coming out publicly. hope he doesnt tell Storm Johnsons dad...

and on Storm, i hope he goes to FSU, anywhere but the SEC.

TigerBait45
08-18-2009, 10:42 PM
FSU leads for Storm Johnson now.

Figured this was coming after he named LSU and FSU his top 2 a few weeks ago.

That's just such a weird situation..I'm curious as to what really went on with him.

BigJohn98
08-18-2009, 10:51 PM
not official but sources saying Jeff Luc committed to FSU today but isn't coming out publicly. hope he doesnt tell Storm Johnsons dad...

and on Storm, i hope he goes to FSU, anywhere but the SEC.

I'll poop myself if true. Doubt it though.

neko4
08-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Has anybody heard of Nick Dew? we're on the same team.

JoeyJr09
08-19-2009, 04:56 PM
I'll poop myself if true. Doubt it though.

True. Jeff Luc to FSU. Isn't going Public soon tho.

Hines
08-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Robert Woods to USC. I hope Penn State can get Kenny Stills now.

BigJohn98
08-19-2009, 05:35 PM
True. Jeff Luc to FSU. Isn't going Public soon tho.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

TigerBait45
08-19-2009, 06:28 PM
oh god, I hope so.

CashmoneyDrew
08-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Better Florida State than Florida.

LizardState
08-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Jarrick Williams of Blount HS in Mobile has commited to Alabama.

He's listed as an ATH, will most likely play safety.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/237798-jarrick-williams-commits-to-tide

ToldLikeItIs
08-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Treat, check out Brandon Scherff's new film on rivals.

6'6 295 and playing TE.

He might be the most athletic lineman in the country, and that includes Seantrel Henderson.

JayP
08-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Treat, check out Brandon Scherff's new film on rivals.

6'6 295 and playing TE.

He might be the most athletic lineman in the country, and that includes Seantrel Henderson.

and in the slow recruiting period, Told keeps us amused with another randomly stupid remark.

Yes...a 3* 6'6, 295 lb, 5 second 40 yard dash running TE may look athletic in western Iowa. But in the real world, a 6'8 301 lb kid who is an AAU star and the consensus top OL recruit this year is far more athletic.

ToldLikeItIs
08-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Watch his tape JayP.

He does remarkable things for being that size.

DoWnThEfiElD
08-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Not to mention possibly the best LT prospect ever.

ToldLikeItIs
08-21-2009, 01:41 PM
He's obviously not a better prospect. Seantrel goes 6'8 330, Brandon is 6'6 300, but the tape does not lie.

srv fan
08-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Not to mention possibly the best LT prospect ever.

Orlando Pace wanted to stop by, say what's up.

JFLO
08-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Orlando Pace wanted to stop by, say what's up.

and slap you across the face as well...

iowatreat54
08-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Sorry Told, he does look good, but it's against Iowa football. That isn't very telling at all.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-21-2009, 04:03 PM
So Franks cousin Jakhari Gore is down to LSU and UF. Anyone know anything about him?

wicket
08-21-2009, 04:07 PM
from what i heard he wanted miami but they didnt want him

BamaFalcon59
08-21-2009, 04:13 PM
So Farrell says he thinks we get Zach Zwinak. Oh no! Ha.

Zwinak would be a huge get, and continue our trend of a badboy runningback or two per year (Darren Evans, Ryan Williams, David Wilson, Zach Zwinak; Josh Oglesby and Tony Gregory aren't slouches either).

He would line up at FB a lot, but get RB time in singleback sets.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-21-2009, 11:00 PM
so im hearing Trovon Reed will commit 3 weeks before the season kicks off.

CashmoneyDrew
08-22-2009, 12:14 AM
so im hearing Trovon Reed will commit 3 weeks before the season kicks off.

What???

Wouldn't that be..... nowish?

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-22-2009, 12:17 AM
What???

Wouldn't that be..... nowish?

edit: it's in 3 weeks before the season "really" kicks off. emphasis on "really". That'll be around the Vandy/ULL games.

TigerBait45
08-22-2009, 12:54 AM
You really need to stop taking things posted on tigerdroppings as legit inside info, imo.

I can almost guarantee that dude doesn't know what he's talking about. Just some guy trying to get people riled up.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-22-2009, 01:04 AM
You really need to stop taking things posted on tigerdroppings as legit inside info, imo.

I can almost guarantee that dude doesn't know what he's talking about. Just some guy trying to get people riled up.

did i ever say "legit info here folks, what im saying is 100% true"? no so chill out dude.

TigerBait45
08-22-2009, 01:31 AM
hahahaha

okay bud.

JoeyJr09
08-22-2009, 04:11 PM
So Franks cousin Jakhari Gore is down to LSU and UF. Anyone know anything about him?

He doesn't haev a commitable offer from LSU or UF.

The hot rumors is that Frank is willing to pay his tuition so he can walk-on at Miami. If not, FIU seems to be the place he's gonna end up at.

Gore thinks he's better then he really is and is shooting for schools that don't are not willing to take him.

BamaFalcon59
08-22-2009, 04:15 PM

The hot rumors is that Frank is willing to pay his tuition so he can walk-on at Miami. If not, FIU seems to be the place he's gonna end up at.

Gore thinks he's better then he really is and is shooting for schools that don't are not willing to take him.

I have heard that he is a bit overrated, but FIU? Is he that detirmined to stay in state?

JoeyJr09
08-22-2009, 04:20 PM
I have heard that he is a bit overrated, but FIU? Is he that detirmined to stay in state?

He would prefer to stay home and definitely doesn't wanna leave to the Southeast.

I don't even think FIU has offered him at this point although they'd probably be willing to take him just for the exposure of supposedly signing Gore away from Miami which is what it will be billed as.

He doesn't have very many legit offers. I believe Cal and maybe UT are the only commitable offers he has.

JoeyJr09
08-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Good chance Haden decommits from UF and goes to BC.

JRTPlaya21
08-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Not according to this story.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/gators/orl-recruiting-jordan-haden-gators-08122009,0,4548289.story

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Not according to this story.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/gators/orl-recruiting-jordan-haden-gators-08122009,0,4548289.story

well that was posted Aug. 12th. Today is the 22, now 23rd technically. Things can change in 11/12 days.

iowatreat54
08-23-2009, 10:17 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4414538&name=West_Recruiting

Apparently USC is expecting Prater to commit on Sept. 2nd.

"Then this week after Robert Woods committed, I talked to the coaches and they said they didn't have room for me. They're supposed to be getting Kyle Prater and they just wanted to take two receivers in this class. They told me they have enough guys at my position and were going in a different direction."

JoeyJr09
08-23-2009, 12:05 PM
well that was posted Aug. 12th. Today is the 22, now 23rd technically. Things can change in 11/12 days.

Not to mention, some of the quotes in that article are quotes that were said at the time he committed so the info is even older then that.

I'm just repeating what I'm told. That Haden realizes his bro is likely going pro after the year so he's gonna head up to BC to play with his other bro. Obviously things can change if Joe decides to stay.

Also heard that UF kicked Victor Hampton out of their class. Cody Riggs will replace him. Hampton has UT out in front.

DoWnThEfiElD
08-23-2009, 01:20 PM

What happened to him, I remember people talking about him in the same regards as Lattimore. Nobody on here said that but I remember seeing early 2010 lists with his name at the top.

ToldLikeItIs
08-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Matt Hoch looks much bigger than 6'5 230, I have heard he's 6'6 260.

See for yourself: http://www.omaha.com/article/20090822/SPORTS/908239990

BamaFalcon59
08-23-2009, 02:24 PM
What happened to him, I remember people talking about him in the same regards as Lattimore. Nobody on here said that but I remember seeing early 2010 lists with his name at the top.

Looking at his film/ highlight tape, his looks extrmely smooth and explosive.

I don't know why he can't manage a in state offer. Better targets I guess.

IrishTrojan
08-23-2009, 06:41 PM
http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php/topic,15546.0.html

List of 2011 recruits that will likely be big time players

CashmoneyDrew
08-23-2009, 07:01 PM

Anthony Johnson <3 <3 <3

Hines
08-23-2009, 08:19 PM

I want Savon Huggins, Ben Koyack, DeAnthony Arnett(probably will go to Michigan), Keith Lumpkin, Landon Turner, Angelo Mangiro, Quentin Gause, Curtis Grant, Lawrence Thomas, Terrell Chestnut, Sheldon Royster, Dominique Terrell, Maika Polamalu, and Clifton Richardson from that list.

I think we land 2 very early in Polamalu and Koyack, and the others I hope we can try and snatch up. I am surprised RB Jameel Poteat isn't on the list. He is a stud RB from Pennsylvania.

BamaFalcon59
08-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Yea a couple of Virginians should be on there. QB Lafonte Thorougood, DT/ DE Corey Marshall, LB Travis Hughes, and WR Melvin Robinson are the main ones. I would say all of those (that makes for nine Virginians) are possible Rivals250 guys. Of course they won't all be, but possibilities.

They, or you, got the top guys though. Curtis Grant is a possible five star at linebacker, Dominique Terrell at WR. Landon Turner is a top 100 guy at offensive tackle. Clearcut top three, although VaPreps mentioned Melvin Robinson in that same grouping.

JoeyJr09
08-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Looking at his film/ highlight tape, his looks extrmely smooth and explosive.

I don't know why he can't manage a in state offer. Better targets I guess.

He goes about 5'9", 160 and doesn't have much room for growth. If he's lucky, he'll max out in the 175-180 range. Add that to his 4.6 40 and you can see why coaches are weary. He doesn't have alot of upside and is one of those HS all-stars that will likely never translate into a top college player.

When your that small, you need, top level speed, burst and hands to make an impact at the D-1 level. Gore does not have top speed or burst and his hands are just solid, nothing special.

Also, re-check his tape. He does not make any reads, barely blocks and also never gets touched on his runs. He's got a good OL and the holes he gets are enormous. It's not like he's making people miss, all he's doing is running and occasionally changing directions, he doesn't break alot of tackles when people actually hit him.

BamaFalcon59
08-23-2009, 10:54 PM
He goes about 5'9", 160 and doesn't have much room for growth. If he's lucky, he'll max out in the 175-180 range. Add that to his 4.6 40 and you can see why coaches are weary. He doesn't have alot of upside and is one of those HS all-stars that will likely never translate into a top college player.

When your that small, you need, top level speed, burst and hands to make an impact at the D-1 level. Gore does not have top speed or burst and his hands are just solid, nothing special.

Also, re-check his tape. He does not make any reads, barely blocks and also never gets touched on his runs. He's got a good OL and the holes he gets are enormous. It's not like he's making people miss, all he's doing is running and occasionally changing directions, he doesn't break alot of tackles when people actually hit him.

Looking back at it, that's true. He doesn't do much special. Good at making suddle changes in directions, but not really cutting. Mostly all straight line speed. Does look smooth, though. But if his 40 is really a 4.6 I understand.

But yeah, I don't doubt the coaches judgements. Maybe if it was one school, but it seems to be every in state school. Add in his connection to the Miami program, and the coaches really must not be impressed.

cdub11
08-24-2009, 08:31 AM
Jordan Hicks is taking an official visit to Texas on October 10th vs. Colorado

Hines
08-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Yea a couple of Virginians should be on there. QB Lafonte Thorougood, DT/ DE Corey Marshall, LB Travis Hughes, and WR Melvin Robinson are the main ones. I would say all of those (that makes for nine Virginians) are possible Rivals250 guys. Of course they won't all be, but possibilities.

They, or you, got the top guys though. Curtis Grant is a possible five star at linebacker, Dominique Terrell at WR. Landon Turner is a top 100 guy at offensive tackle. Clearcut top three, although VaPreps mentioned Melvin Robinson in that same grouping.

I love Corey Marshall. Short, stocky, and can really get after the quarterback. Have you heard anything about him being interested in Penn State?

JFLO
08-24-2009, 11:48 AM
I've seen some people write and heard some people say that Braxton Miller is a silent OSU commit already...

I highly doubt that, but with Pryor most likely gone after his junior season after 2011 and Taylor Graham probably not solidified as the starter, I wouldn't be surprised if he committed early on into 2011.

srv fan
08-24-2009, 12:03 PM
I've seen some people write and heard some people say that Braxton Miller is a silent OSU commit already...

I highly doubt that, but with Pryor most likely gone after his junior season after 2011 and Taylor Graham probably not solidified as the starter, I wouldn't be surprised if he committed early on into 2011.

How is this news? I thought it was common knowledge. Miller practically came out of the womb a tOSU lock.

JFLO
08-24-2009, 12:10 PM
How is this news? I thought it was common knowledge. Miller practically came out of the womb a tOSU lock.

I didn't say it was news douche...this isn't a breaking news thread.

HindSight
08-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Why do you even doubt it?

JFLO
08-24-2009, 02:07 PM
Why do you even doubt it?

Last time I checked the year was 2009...

HindSight
08-24-2009, 02:12 PM
So kids can't silently commit in 2009? Is that a rule they just passed?

JFLO
08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
So kids can't silently commit in 2009? Is that a rule they just passed?

Are you an idiot?

I meant that there is still two years until the kid graduates, I said nothing about him not having a silent commit to OSU, I would love for him to have an OSU commit, the kid is a stud at quarterback and perfect for Ohio State. I'm just implying that he still has two years to graduate.

HindSight
08-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Are you an idiot?

I meant that there is still two years until the kid graduates, I said nothing about him not having a silent commit to OSU, I would love for him to have an OSU commit, the kid is a stud at quarterback and perfect for Ohio State. I'm just implying that he still has two years to graduate.
Actually....you said exactly that.

I highly doubt that,Keep calling people names, though. It's very adult of you.

BamaFalcon59
08-24-2009, 03:51 PM
I love Corey Marshall. Short, stocky, and can really get after the quarterback. Have you heard anything about him being interested in Penn State?

I haven't. But he seems to be all Hokie. There was a rumor a while back that he was going to commit.

His teammate, QB/ Athlete Chris Hall, is also a big fan of the Hokies.

Hines
08-24-2009, 03:54 PM
I haven't. But he seems to be all Hokie. There was a rumor a while back that he was going to commit.

His teammate, QB/ Athlete Chris Hall, is also a big fan of the Hokies.

Virginia seems like they are absolutely stacked next year. I hope Penn State takes full advantage of that. I read Dominique Terrell was Harvin like with the ball and that Penn State could be a huge player for him.

JoeyJr09
08-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Actually....you said exactly that.
Keep calling people names, though. It's very adult of you.

pwned!

(10 char)

BamaFalcon59
08-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Virginia seems like they are absolutely stacked next year. I hope Penn State takes full advantage of that. I read Dominique Terrell was Harvin like with the ball and that Penn State could be a huge player for him.

It is stacked, although it is a talented state.

LB Curtis Grant- top 50, 5.9 4* or 6.0 5* (Virginia Tech.)
ATH Dominique Terrell- top 50, 5.9 4* or 6.0 5* (Virginia Tech., West Virginia, Florida)
OT Landon Turner- top 100, 5.9 4* (West Virginia)
WR Melvin Robinson- top 100, 5.9 4* (Penn. State)
QB Lefonte Thourogood- top 250 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
ATH Clifton Richardson- top 250 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
ATH Ronnie Van Dyke- top 250-300 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
DT Corey Marshall- top 250-300 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
LB Travis Hughes- top 250-350 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
CB Demetrius Nicholson- top 300-350 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
LB Caleb Taylor- top 250-350 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech., West Virginia)

That is the top 10 from Rivals, with Caleb Taylor added, and it seems about right to me. Dropoff after the top three or four, but I expect about seven to nine guys from Virginia in the 250. We had 7-9 this year, depending on if you count JR Furguson and if Mark Shuman gets in. He should.

Also, mixed reports on Melvin Robinson. Put up big numbers last year, though. 44 receptions for over 1,000 yards, over 25 a catch. 12 touchdowns. Nice looking athlete. Basketball player as well. He could end up higher.

In parenthesis is where they are leaning right now. Notice a lot of Virginia Tech.? :D All but Robinson has been mentioned with VT thus far. Turner has family ties to West Virginia. I doubt we get Dominique Terrell, that is unless our offense steps up this season. Apparently he is cool now with Curtis Grant. Thorogood is related to VT WR Marcus Davis (best athlete on the team) and is friends with VT TE Randall Dunn. And we are taking like five linebackers/ whips this season, so we probably only take two next season. One being Curtis Grant. Hopefully.

So, early projection for VT's 2011 Virginia class. And I don't know much at all, just what I read.

QB Lefonte Thourogood
RB Ben Simmons/ RB Rashad Hall
DT Corey Marshall
LB Curtis Grant
LB Tavis Hughes/ LB Curtis Taylor
S Ronnie Van Dyke
CB Demetrius Nicholson
ATH Clifton Richardson

We will undoubedly pull some OL, DL, and WR as well. Just haven't heard of many from Virginia into us. Still, that would be one heck of a class. Seven of the (early) top ten from Virginia would be nice. OT Jay Whitmire may be top ten also. Haven't read much about him.

If we don't get Thourogood, then I would guess we get Chris Hall in his stead.

Central Warren High in Indiana (Darren Evans' high school) has some players interested in us. One or two probably become Hokies in 2011. One being a DT. Kris Harley I believe.

Hines
08-24-2009, 05:59 PM
Is Robinson linked to Penn State? How?

kwilk103
08-24-2009, 07:22 PM
It is stacked, although it is a talented state.

LB Curtis Grant- top 50, 5.9 4* or 6.0 5* (Virginia Tech.)
ATH Dominique Terrell- top 50, 5.9 4* or 6.0 5* (Virginia Tech., West Virginia, Florida)
OT Landon Turner- top 100, 5.9 4* (West Virginia)
WR Melvin Robinson- top 100, 5.9 4* (Penn. State)
QB Lefonte Thourogood- top 250 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
ATH Clifton Richardson- top 250 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
ATH Ronnie Van Dyke- top 250-300 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
DT Corey Marshall- top 250-300 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
LB Travis Hughes- top 250-350 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
CB Demetrius Nicholson- top 300-350 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech.)
LB Caleb Taylor- top 250-350 5.8 4* (Virginia Tech., West Virginia)

That is the top 10 from Rivals, with Caleb Taylor added, and it seems about right to me. Dropoff after the top three or four, but I expect about seven to nine guys from Virginia in the 250. We had 7-9 this year, depending on if you count JR Furguson and if Mark Shuman gets in. He should.

Also, mixed reports on Melvin Robinson. Put up big numbers last year, though. 44 receptions for over 1,000 yards, over 25 a catch. 12 touchdowns. Nice looking athlete. Basketball player as well. He could end up higher.

In parenthesis is where they are leaning right now. Notice a lot of Virginia Tech.? :D All but Robinson has been mentioned with VT thus far. Turner has family ties to West Virginia. I doubt we get Dominique Terrell, that is unless our offense steps up this season. Apparently he is cool now with Curtis Grant. Thorogood is related to VT WR Marcus Davis (best athlete on the team) and is friends with VT TE Randall Dunn. And we are taking like five linebackers/ whips this season, so we probably only take two next season. One being Curtis Grant. Hopefully.

So, early projection for VT's 2011 Virginia class. And I don't know much at all, just what I read.

QB Lefonte Thourogood
RB Ben Simmons/ RB Rashad Hall
DT Corey Marshall
LB Curtis Grant
LB Tavis Hughes/ LB Curtis Taylor
S Ronnie Van Dyke
CB Demetrius Nicholson
ATH Clifton Richardson

We will undoubedly pull some OL, DL, and WR as well. Just haven't heard of many from Virginia into us. Still, that would be one heck of a class. Seven of the (early) top ten from Virginia would be nice. OT Jay Whitmire may be top ten also. Haven't read much about him.

If we don't get Thourogood, then I would guess we get Chris Hall in his stead.

Central Warren High in Indiana (Darren Evans' high school) has some players interested in us. One or two probably become Hokies in 2011. One being a DT. Kris Harley I believe.

yep, turners dad played lb here, and his uncle was one of our greatest rbs ever (jim braxton, one of dorms named after him; him and turners dad are half-bros)

from what we've heard, hes a pretty big wvu fan, and his dad still loves it here, but his step-dad likes uva

BamaFalcon59
08-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Is Robinson linked to Penn State? How?

Not that I know of. In an article he just mentioned being big on them and liking them a lot. There were some other schools, but he said they stick out. Didn't mention VT as showing interest.

Big time athlete at WR.

BigJohn98
08-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Nigel Terrell will be announcing Thursday at 4 P.M. He will decide between Florida State and Ole Miss.

djp
08-25-2009, 03:22 AM
Nigel Terrell will be announcing Thursday at 4 P.M. He will decide between Florida State and Ole Miss.

He will go to FSU simply because his name is Nigel.. :)

2011 stud North Carolina QB Marquise Williams says Miami is a huge early favorite. Traveled to numerous road games, has good relationship with Randy Shannon. He "just loves Miami so much".

wicket
08-25-2009, 03:36 AM
He will go to FSU simply because his name is Nigel.. :)

2011 stud North Carolina QB Marquise Williams says Miami is a huge early favorite. Traveled to numerous road games, has good relationship with Randy Shannon. He "just loves Miami so much".

teddy bridgewater might make him change his mind

ToldLikeItIs
08-25-2009, 04:05 AM
Trey Millard commits to Oklahoma.

Fair enough.

BamaFalcon59
08-25-2009, 06:56 AM
teddy bridgewater might make him change his mind

Yea if Bridgewater commits I'm not sure about Williams. They could convince him that Bridgewater will be a WR, but I doubt it.

We, VT, should be in decent position if he takes Miami off of his list.

Or he might just love them that much.

JoeyJr09
08-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Yea if Bridgewater commits I'm not sure about Williams. They could convince him that Bridgewater will be a WR, but I doubt it.

We, VT, should be in decent position if he takes Miami off of his list.

Or he might just love them that much.

Williams is Dior Mathis all over again. Last year Dior said he would commit to Miami the 1st day possible. Look how that went. He never committed. We found better targets and now Mathis is looking at 3rd and 4th options.

Williams is well behind Bridgewater for our QB target. And seeing where they come from, you always have to expect that you're best shot is a kid closer to home.

BPhilb
08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Trey Millard commits to Oklahoma.

Fair enough.

I'm not sure what position he is ultimatley going to play, but he has a lot of potential with the Sooners. I was hoping he would go to Iowa to get him out of the Big 12.

srv fan
08-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Williams is Dior Mathis all over again. Last year Dior said he would commit to Miami the 1st day possible. Look how that went. He never committed. We found better targets and now Mathis is looking at 3rd and 4th options.

Williams is well behind Bridgewater for our QB target. And seeing where they come from, you always have to expect that you're best shot is a kid closer to home.

I've heard Bridgewater wants to play WR in college. True or not?

draftguru151
08-25-2009, 04:53 PM
He said something about playing WR at UF. There was also an article about him wanting to play WR in high school, I'm sure he wouldn't mind playing either in college.

Sniper
08-25-2009, 05:37 PM

If he goes to a pro-style school, he wants to play QB. If he goes to a spread school, he said he wants to play WR.

BamaFalcon59
08-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Won't compare to the greatness that Logan Thomas will be at QB :D.

Would have won the backup QB job, but we want to redshirt him. The shirt comes off if Tyrod gets hurt.

6'6" 235 and looks rail thin. 4.6 40 and a 40+ inch vert. Throws the hardest ball on the team, maybe the strongest arm.

So excited for him. Vince Young like measurables.

Bridgewater is no slouch, though ;).

JoeyJr09
08-26-2009, 07:43 AM

Wr is his favorite position. But he understands his future is at QB.

ToldLikeItIs
08-26-2009, 03:41 PM
RB Marcus Coker to Iowa.

etk
08-26-2009, 03:42 PM
What happened to James White? You guys would be getting a steal if he signs with Iowa.

Hines
08-26-2009, 04:37 PM
RB Marcus Coker to Iowa.

I like Coker. Is he going to play TB or FB at Iowa?

ToldLikeItIs
08-26-2009, 05:07 PM
White remains our top target at RB.

RB/LB for Coker.

steelernation77
08-26-2009, 11:26 PM
White remains our top target at RB.

RB/LB for Coker.

Fullback seems like an option as well.

ToldLikeItIs
08-27-2009, 03:10 AM
Poggi WLB
Morris SLB
Gray MLB
Coker MLB
Doug Rigg WLB

In my opinion.

bearsfan_51
08-27-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't understand what Iowa is doing with Andre Dawson. You have a runningback who is better than everyone else you're looking at living in the same city as your university. Unless they know something I don't. He did forget to mention Iowa the other day in his list of teams.

ToldLikeItIs
08-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Position change.

James White is our top RB target.

bearsfan_51
08-27-2009, 02:29 PM
I know that, I'm saying I don't understand it. I've seen a fair amount of both players, and Dawson is the better runningback IMO.

iowatreat54
08-27-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't understand what Iowa is doing with Andre Dawson. You have a runningback who is better than everyone else you're looking at living in the same city as your university. Unless they know something I don't. He did forget to mention Iowa the other day in his list of teams.

Well, technically he is from Cedar Rapids, but it is close enough and is former teammate of current freshman Keenan Davis. I also don't know what we are doing with him, but from what I've read is he is waiting until the end of the season to decide and really wants to go somewhere he can play early.

Maybe Iowa is looking people to commit earlier (which would be dumb and not make sense) or maybe he doesn't like that all our RBs are so young. Either way, Iowa's top 2 targets should be Derby and Dawson, but it seems like they are working more on backup plans for when neither chooses Iowa.

ToldLikeItIs
08-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Derby is incredibly a Hawk. He's attending every home game this year and regularly sits in film sessions with O'Keefe.

Dawson is not a better back than White, but definitely a better athlete.

BigJohn98
08-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Nigel Terrell to FSU.

CashmoneyDrew
08-27-2009, 07:11 PM
DeMarco Cobbs names Tennessee his leader. Rumors he might commit soon.

JRTPlaya21
08-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Hope you get him then Voodoo.

ToldLikeItIs
08-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Don Shumpert and Christian Kirksey to Iowa

Bearsfan?

bearsfan_51
08-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Hey you're like the boy that cried wolf, hard to believe anything you say.

I never said anything about Kirksey though I don't think, I never thought we had a chance with him. But I'm surprised by the Shumpert commit. He's still scheduled to visit Minnesota though, so we'll see.

Good class so far for Iowa.

ToldLikeItIs
08-28-2009, 01:37 AM
I'm about 12-15 this year.

Actually.

Heard if Derby commits CJ will reconsider.

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-28-2009, 10:35 PM
Spencer Ware got a possibly season ending injury. Goddammit.

keylime_5
08-29-2009, 01:16 PM
WR Tyrone Williams to Ohio State. 6'6"/220 and he can run. Gonna be rated as one of the best WRs in the midwest when all's said and done, probably #2 or #3 behind Kyle Prater of course.

JoeyJr09
08-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Position change.

James White is our top RB target.

Don't know if you watched the STA game on ESPN. White played quite a bit since STA rolled the other Upper Arlington team 52-7. Bernard ran all over, UA. White, no so much. He was solid, but nothing special.

He's got decent explosion, solid change of directions. He isn't really a tackle breaker or playmaker. More of a move the chains guy. He's got decent hands an moves pretty well in the open.

He's be great as a 3rd down/ short yardage back. Certainly not a number 1 target. He has some upside and he has some good qualities but he his football IQ didnt seem that great (he missed some cutback lanes and took himself out of a couple plays with mental errors). and he doesn't make enough plays or break enough tackles to be a full time back.

He's D-I quality no doubt. Not sure he sure be any good programs number 1 choice.

ToldLikeItIs
08-29-2009, 04:15 PM
I watched the game, Bernard is clearly more polished.

White is just as fast, if not faster, and showed a little shiftiness.

I was the most impressed with his outstanding blocking. Sadly, that is irrelevant in a spread offense, thank god we don't run one.

ToldLikeItIs
08-29-2009, 04:17 PM
I'll take a running back who can easily put on 25 lbs (have you seen his upper body), block, pose as a receving threat, and utilize his vision.

Either way you spin it, he's been in Bernard's shadow since day one. That won't be the case at Iowa, assuming he commits during his September 18.

ToldLikeItIs
08-29-2009, 04:18 PM
I also have it on good authority White will be a 4* in the next rankings. That isn't a bad gig?

JoeyJr09
08-30-2009, 12:38 AM
I'll take a running back who can easily put on 25 lbs (have you seen his upper body), block, pose as a receving threat, and utilize his vision.

Either way you spin it, he's been in Bernard's shadow since day one. That won't be the case at Iowa, assuming he commits during his September 18.

Vision? Clearly you didn't watch the game. He was routinely missing cutback lanes. I saw at least 3 runs where he could have gone for more yards if he would have cut back behind his blockers and gotten to the 2nd level but instead he tried to bounce outside and got taken down.

Not sure what you saw that was special about his blocking either. He was barely asked to do any blocking. The OL was not allowing anyone thru the LOS the entire game. The extent of his blocking was an occasional chip coming out of the backfield. He was never asked to stand back there and pass block.

He's got good hands and is solid catching the ball out of the backfield, he's shifty, got some quickness and a solid frame. He's not as fast as Bernard to don't start with that BS. Bernard was routinely beating CBs and Safeties to the outside all game and breaking off big runs. White had LBs chasing him down after 7-8 yard gains. He couldnt break a long run at all. The speed was nowhere near the same. That was pretty apparent watching the game. Bernard made decision, hit his holes, got to the edge and generally played at a much faster speed then White.

He's a decent prospect, he isn't all that. You make it seem like he's some stud waiting to get out of Bernard shadow. That's not the case. He's the backup for a reason. You could see it pretty clearly during the game.

ToldLikeItIs
08-30-2009, 02:08 AM
He was a very willing blocker, and really blew someone up on a play. I think he's a better prospect for Iowa's scheme than Bernard would be, and so do the coaches. He's been the #1 guy since receiving his offer.

White is listed at 4.43, Bernard at 4.5?

The announcers even stated White is probably a better prospect because he's a more all around player. Yes, Bernard is the better runner, but that isn't even half of what a running back at Iowa is expected to do.

Remember Jeff Brinson? He's looked great running the ball in practice, probably I'll best back, but the kid can't figure out the blocking scheme, and isn't a willing blocker. In our offense, that's more important than being able to break a few big runs.

I believe White fits our offense the best out of the prospects.

ToldLikeItIs
08-30-2009, 02:19 AM
If this thing with Rich Rod is as big as it seems, I now like Iowa's chances with current Michigan commitment Christian Pace.

CC
08-30-2009, 10:19 AM
If this thing with Rich Rod is as big as it seems, I now like Iowa's chances with current Michigan commitment Christian Pace.

Practicing too much? I don't think this is nearly the big deal people are making it out to be. The Free Press has a vendetta against UM (Rosenberg especially) as it is an MSU paper and I think you would be hard pressed to find another major D1 school that doesn't do the exact same things.

P-L
08-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I don't deny that Michigan probably makes it players practice more than 20 hours a week (I would bet quite a bit of money most major programs don't stick to the 20 hours or less limit), but I highly doubt it is as serious as the article makes it seem. So far, the two former players who supposedly "provided details" both had different stories on how long the practices lasted.

JoeyJr09
08-30-2009, 11:26 AM
He was a very willing blocker, and really blew someone up on a play. I think he's a better prospect for Iowa's scheme than Bernard would be, and so do the coaches. He's been the #1 guy since receiving his offer.

White is listed at 4.43, Bernard at 4.5?

The announcers even stated White is probably a better prospect because he's a more all around player. Yes, Bernard is the better runner, but that isn't even half of what a running back at Iowa is expected to do.

Remember Jeff Brinson? He's looked great running the ball in practice, probably I'll best back, but the kid can't figure out the blocking scheme, and isn't a willing blocker. In our offense, that's more important than being able to break a few big runs.

I believe White fits our offense the best out of the prospects.

Even rivals admits they have no way of verifying those numbers. I'm sure the 40 times are more or less the same but if you actually watched the game, the 40 times didnt translate to their play. Bernard has a higher gear that he reached during the game that White never did. Like I said, Bernard was faster in his decision making, his cuts, the way he hit the hole and the way he got to the edge. None of that has anything to do with running in a straight line. Bernard plays the game at a different gear then White does.

BTW..announcers didn't say White was the better prospect. WTF were you watching? They spent the entire 1st half highlighting Bernard and how talented he was and what a great prospect he was. The refused to talk about any other prospect except Bernard until after halftime. All they said about White was that he was more versatile because he can catch passes.

I can't believe your really trying to sit here and act like White is a better prospect then Bernard.

ToldLikeItIs
08-30-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm saying he's a better prospect for Iowa's offense than Bernard, and yeah give me a complete back over a pure runner any day.

I thought his 4.43 was camp verified?

BamaFalcon59
08-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Anyone know anything about St. Thomas Aquinas QB Jacob Rudock? Some rumor that he committed to VT. Our Rivals guy says he heard the rumor, but says if so VT likely doesn't know about it.

Very out of left field so I'm guessing it is a rumor. Any info would be nice, though.

JoeyJr09
08-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Anyone know anything about St. Thomas Aquinas QB Jacob Rudock? Some rumor that he committed to VT. Our Rivals guy says he heard the rumor, but says if so VT likely doesn't know about it.

Very out of left field so I'm guessing it is a rumor. Any info would be nice, though.

Saw plenty of Rudock at the game the other day. He started but split time with Turner Baty. Rudock played the 1st and 3rd quarters, Baty the 2nd and 4th. Rudock is a game manager, nothing more. Enough arm but certainly not a great one, Not the best accuracy but enough to get it where it needed to be. Not very quick. He's basically one of those guys that's ok at everything but not very good at anything.

Baty IMO is the more impressive prospect (althought that's been known). I would expect Baty to be able to take over the full time Qb job at some point this season and hold it all year. He's got more arm, more mobile, a better long ball, and generally made more throws then Rudock was able to make. He was much more impressive.

Either way tho, neither of those 2 should sniff a big D-I offer like VT. They are lower level D-I prospects. They are the kinda prospects that should be looking at MAC or Sun Belt schools. Nowhere near BCS caliber from what I've seen or from what I've heard from others.

JoeyJr09
08-30-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm saying he's a better prospect for Iowa's offense than Bernard, and yeah give me a complete back over a pure runner any day.

I thought his 4.43 was camp verified?

I was talking about Bernard's 4.5 not being verified. They just threw a number in there.

And if you think White is "complete back" you got another thing coming. White is far from a complete back. He struggled everytime he tried to bounce it outside and he couldn't break a tackle for extra yards to save his life. Just because he can catch passes does not make him a complete back.

White is a better pass catching threat. Bernard is the better running back.

Are you seriously knocking Bernard for being a "pure runner" at the RUNNING back position? Really man, come on. You can teach Bernard how to run better routes and find fits in coverages and things of that nature to become a better pass catcher. You cannot teach James White to be as, explosive, smooth, natural and tough a runner as Bernard is.

ToldLikeItIs
08-30-2009, 08:05 PM
I saw him get tripped up once, or he would have been gone.

I'm not knocking him, but give me a running back who blocks, runs, and catches over a pure runner. Especially in our run oriented offense. Are you seriously questioning that?

JoeyJr09
08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
I saw him get tripped up once, or he would have been gone.

I'm not knocking him, but give me a running back who blocks, runs, and catches over a pure runner. Especially in our run oriented offense. Are you seriously questioning that?

I just don't get where your seeing that James White does all that. He plays in a spread offense at STA and NEVER blocks. NEVER. Throwing an occasional chip block on your way out for a pass does not make White a good blocker. There's a difference between White being willing to throw his body at 16 year old kids once in a blue moon and him being a good blocker. He has a good mentality for it, but he is far from a good blocker. Knows zero about blitz pickup, zero technique, and is rarely asked to block. He basically just finds the 1st guy he sees and throws his body at the guy.

As a runner, White isnt even close to Bernard. Not even close. Bernard breaks tons of tackles, White breaks a few. Bernard breaks tons of big runs. White breaks a couple. Bernard can get to the edge. White struggled to do so. Bernard follows his blockers and hit the holes with explosiveness. White misses cutback lanes and is slow to bounce his runs outside. As a runner Bernard and White aren't even remotely comparable.

As a pass catcher, White has soft hands and a good feel for coverages. He runs decent routes and is a versatile threat out of the backfield.

In college, Bernard is a 2 down back that can break some long runs and make people miss, but isn't gonna create an mismatches with his pass catching. White is a perfect 3rd down back. Runs well enough to pick up short yardage off tackle, catches the ball well out of the backfield and can cause some mismatches against LBs.

White is not a complete back or a better back or even a better fit for Iowa. White is plain and simply a 3rd down running back at the D-I level.

ToldLikeItIs
08-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Quit pretending like you do this for a living.

White is the better athlete, has better hands, loves blowing people up, and certainly has a chip on his shoulder from being in the shadow of the one they call 'Gio'.

The coaches at Iowa, the same Iowa in the Big Ten, an upper level D-1 school, seem to think he's a future starting running back.

Your opinion obviously has more value than theirs, obviously.

BamaFalcon59
08-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Saw plenty of Rudock at the game the other day. He started but split time with Turner Baty. Rudock played the 1st and 3rd quarters, Baty the 2nd and 4th. Rudock is a game manager, nothing more. Enough arm but certainly not a great one, Not the best accuracy but enough to get it where it needed to be. Not very quick. He's basically one of those guys that's ok at everything but not very good at anything.

Baty IMO is the more impressive prospect (althought that's been known). I would expect Baty to be able to take over the full time Qb job at some point this season and hold it all year. He's got more arm, more mobile, a better long ball, and generally made more throws then Rudock was able to make. He was much more impressive.

Either way tho, neither of those 2 should sniff a big D-I offer like VT. They are lower level D-I prospects. They are the kinda prospects that should be looking at MAC or Sun Belt schools. Nowhere near BCS caliber from what I've seen or from what I've heard from others.

Yea, our Rivals guy confirmed it as rumor. Says we haven't shown any interest.

Apparently the ESPNU game with STA had him listed falsely as a VT commit.

JoeyJr09
08-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Quit pretending like you do this for a living.

White is the better athlete, has better hands, loves blowing people up, and certainly has a chip on his shoulder from being in the shadow of the one they call 'Gio'.

The coaches at Iowa, the same Iowa in the Big Ten, an upper level D-1 school, seem to think he's a future starting running back.

Your opinion obviously has more value than theirs, obviously.

I'm the one pretending like I do this for a living?

Your the one that has stated (and I quote):

"I also have it on good authority White will be a 4* in the next rankings."
- As if your work for Rivals.

"give me a running back who blocks, runs, and catches over a pure runner. Especially in our run oriented offense."
- As if you work for Iowa.

I'll I've done is give my opinion on a player. But go ahead and resort to the same old tired line on "D-I coaches know more then you". No **** sherlock. Of course D-I coaches know more then me. But D-I coaches are human beings and make mistakes as well. Not to mention, if we aren't allow to question coaches, we might as well pack up this forum and get rid of it because thats pretty much entirely what recruiting forums are about.

You act like White is this can't miss stud that Iowa is landing. James is a backup in HS and hasn't been recruited by any major DI program in his home state (not even UCF or FIU have offered) or the entire Southeast for that matter (save for Clemson). He's got like 12 offers total. So just because Iowa has D-I coaches doesn't mean they are right about the kid. There's about 105 other D-I schools (some with better coaches I might add) that don't even think the kid is worth an offer. Forgive me for agreeing with them that the kid is a 2nd tier option and not a class headliner.

bearsfan_51
08-30-2009, 10:43 PM
If White loves 'blowing people up' so much, why did he keep kicking the ball outside. The only person who was actually cutting in and taking on contact was Bernard.

This whole argument is ridiculous. If Iowa was going to get Bernard you'd argue the exact opposite thing and everyone knows it.

JoeyJr09
08-30-2009, 11:19 PM
If White loves 'blowing people up' so much, why did he keep kicking the ball outside. The only person who was actually cutting in and taking on contact was Bernard.

This whole argument is ridiculous. If Iowa was going to get Bernard you'd argue the exact opposite thing and everyone knows it.

Thats exactly what I've been saying. Told touts White's vision but obviously he didn't see the same game me and you did because White's vision was horrible. He missed tons of huge cutback lanes that were perfectly set up by his OL and instead decided to bounce outside only to get dragged down. He didn't blow anyone up. Bernard was the one stiffing arming the Upper Arlington defense up and down the field.

ToldLikeItIs
08-31-2009, 01:13 AM
I think White has better long term potential and is a more complete back, which is a better fit for our offense.

He can play at 220 without much trouble, which is what he will do, again, assuming he becomes a Hawkeye. I'm not sure Bernard can do the same.

Blowing people up as a blocker Bearsfan, something every Iowa back is expected to do.

JoeyJr09
08-31-2009, 06:59 AM
I think White has better long term potential and is a more complete back, which is a better fit for our offense.

He can play at 220 without much trouble, which is what he will do, again, assuming he becomes a Hawkeye. I'm not sure Bernard can do the same.

Blowing people up as a blocker Bearsfan, something every Iowa back is expected to do.

Again, can you explain how you see him as a complete back? You have yet to actually give any real breakdown on him at all. I've broken down my analysis of him several times as to why he isn't a completely back or a good blocker.

In response to all my writing (concerning his blocking) about his lack of blitz pickup, lack of technique and lack of reps due to the spread offense they run, all you can respond with is "he blows people up". As if your word is the bible and just because you say he blows people up means hes a good blocker. I've yet for you to give me any reasons or insight as to why you think he's a good blocker.

I've yet to see you give any good reasons as to why he's a complete back either. I've said a few times that being able to catch passes doesnt make him a complete back. I've pointed out problems with his running and you have completely ignored then and come back with, "he's a complete back". What exactly makes him a complete back? You have yet to give any break down of anything on the kid.

All you do is repeat this: "White is a more complete back, which is a better fit for our offense and he blows up people." That line is in pretty much every post of your responses. No insight, not thought, no breakdown of the kid. Repeating the same thing over and over does not make you right. It makes you a parrot.

etk
08-31-2009, 08:32 AM
Repeating the same thing over and over does not make you right.

That's classic propaganda.

BigJohn98
08-31-2009, 08:33 AM

Damn, no wonder everyone thinks you're an idiot.

It's ok though. Iowa can take second-tier talent, while Bernard plays for better schools.

etk
08-31-2009, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't call White a 2nd-tier talent. He's just not quite Gio.

ToldLikeItIs
08-31-2009, 09:16 AM
He's a different player than Bernard. There isn't much to say besides he catches, blocks, and runs well. Backs like Bernard don't do well at Iowa. It ends there.

Really insightful stuff though from BigJohn. Thanks a lot.

ToldLikeItIs
08-31-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm not going to break it down into "oh he has crisp routes, or really awesome hip bend, or slides in and out of cuts"..that's a bunch of filler, detail crap.

Another thing to consider, "Gio" looks about 22, and White looks about 16. I see more potential there.

Dagagad
08-31-2009, 09:43 AM
Another thing to consider, "Gio" looks about 22, and White looks about 16. I see more potential there.

I normally just read this forum but surely being as physically developed as a 22 year old would be better than having a 16 year old's body?

HindSight
08-31-2009, 09:56 AM
not if the 16 year old is related in any way to Iowa.

BigJohn98
08-31-2009, 11:14 AM
He's a different player than Bernard. There isn't much to say besides he catches, blocks, and runs well. Backs like Bernard don't do well at Iowa. It ends there.

Really insightful stuff though from BigJohn. Thanks a lot.

Show me where you have given insight? I can say the exact same stuff you say. Player X runs tougher, blocks harder, and catches better than Player Y.

You've shown no insight at all.

Hines
08-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Let's just say that Silas Redd is better than both Gio Bernard and James White!

JFLO
08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
I've never seen Gio Bernard play, but believe me, he was basically going up against an 8th grade team in Upper Arlington in Columbus. Football in Ohio (besides Cincinnati) isn't anything like it is in other states like Texas and Florida.

From what I saw though, he seems like a very decent back. Very shifty and seems to have good vision.

However, he would have more to answer to against better teams.

HindSight
08-31-2009, 01:28 PM
I've never seen Gio Bernard play, but believe me, he was basically going up against an 8th grade team in Upper Arlington in Columbus. Football in Ohio (besides Cincinnati) isn't anything like it is in other states like Texas and Florida.

From what I saw though, he seems like a very decent back. Very shifty and seems to have good vision.

However, he would have more to answer to against better teams.
that's just not true at all. they just didn't get a good team to play....that doesn't mean football in Ohio is bad overall. It's not Florida or Texas, but it's on that next level with Louisiana and Pennsylvania.

srv fan
08-31-2009, 01:40 PM
I went to the Inkster/Pioneer game on Saturday and saw Devin Gardner and Ricardo Miller live. Pioneer's QB is awful and they mostly just ran the ball so Miller didn't see many throws, but Gardner is just ludicrously impressive. Picked up 10+ yards scrambling every time he wanted to, but more importantly, was also awesome throwing the ball. The sidearm delivery is almost gone, his mechanics were good, he was checking down receivers, etc.

Call me a homer, but if he doesn't end up the top ranked QB in the country I will be shocked.

JFLO
08-31-2009, 01:46 PM
that's just not true at all. they just didn't get a good team to play....that doesn't mean football in Ohio is bad overall. It's not Florida or Texas, but it's on that next level with Louisiana and Pennsylvania.

It is definitely on the level of Pennsylvania, but it isn't on the same level of Louisiana.

Louisiana, Alabama, Texas, Florida and California all have consistent cities where they produce consistent D-1 talent.

The only cities in Ohio that produce a consistent amounts of D-1 talent are Cincinnati and Cleveland.

I didn't say that Ohio was just a bad state for producing legit talent because they aren't, they just aren't on the same level as the other states, like you said.

bearsfan_51
08-31-2009, 02:33 PM
It is definitely on the level of Pennsylvania, but it isn't on the same level of Louisiana.

Louisiana, Alabama, Texas, Florida and California all have consistent cities where they produce consistent D-1 talent.

The only cities in Ohio that produce a consistent amounts of D-1 talent are Cincinnati and Cleveland.

I didn't say that Ohio was just a bad state for producing legit talent because they aren't, they just aren't on the same level as the other states, like you said.

That is complete and utter ********.

From 2004 to 2008, Ohio produced 362 BCS recruits, Alabama produced 245, and Louisiana produced 184.

In the same period, 80 High School players from Ohio were drafted in the NFL,65 from Louisiana, and 52 from Alabama.

It literally took me less than 2 minutes to find that information.

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Loads of talent in Ohio. Not just Cleveland but in the sorrounding areas: Youngstown, Canton, Akron, etc. Cincinnati is a hotbed. Columbus area has lots of talent every year. Dayton and Toledo always put out at least a couple top recruits a year. Lots of great football teams in Ohio...Moeller, Colerain, St.Xavier, St.Ignatius, Glenville, Elder, Massillon, McKinley.

Hines
08-31-2009, 02:45 PM
Loads of talent in Ohio. Not just Cleveland but in the sorrounding areas: Youngstown, Canton, Akron, etc. Cincinnati is a hotbed. Columbus area has lots of talent every year. Dayton and Toledo always put out at least a couple top recruits a year. Lots of great football teams in Ohio...Moeller, Colerain, St.Xavier, St.Ignatius, Glenville, Elder, Massillon, McKinley.

How could you forget Cardinal Mooney?

ToldLikeItIs
08-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Neither have you Big John.

"Second-tier players."

I wasn't saying "Gio" was bad, he's just not a good fit for our offense, and I, without a doubt prefer James White.

ToldLikeItIs
08-31-2009, 02:49 PM
The state of Ohio produces smart players with a little athletic ability to boot, this bodes much better for the NFL than say a great athlete with little to no field awareness Jflo :)

bearsfan_51
08-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Speaking of which, I divided the number of players drafted in the NFL/players offered BCS scholarships. Interesting numbers, for those not good at math, the higher the number the better, essentially:

Midlands
Colorado- 70%
Nebraska- 23%
Kansas- 9%
Oklahoma- 20%
Texas- 17.5%
Iowa- 21%
Missouri-14%

Midwest
Minnesota- 20%
Ohio-22%
Wisconsin- 25%
Illinois- 19%
Indiana- 27%
Michigan- 31%

Southeast
Arkansas- 24%
Louisiana- 35%
Mississippi- 16%
Alabama- 21%
Georgia- 16%
Florida- 15%
South Carolina- 27%
Tennessee- 15%
Kentucky- 13%

Atlantic East
North Carolina- 18%
West Virginia- 13%
Pennsylvania- 15%
New Jersey- 15%
New York- 26%
Massachusetts- 22%
Connecticut- 22%
Rhode Island- 150%
D.C- 15%
Maryland- 20%
Delaware- 18%
Virginia- 27%

West
Washington- 48%
Oregon- 77%
California- 60%
Nevada- 67%
Idaho- 117%
Utah- 150%
Montana- 175%
Wyoming- 400%
Arizona- 15.5%
New Mexico- 43%
Hawaii- 22%
Alaska- 150%
North Dakota- 100%
South Dakota- 50%

As if Utah beating Alabama in the Sugar Bowl didn't alread prove it, the talent in the South is overrated and the talent in the West is underrated. That's not to say the South doesn't still have the best players in the country on average, but too many schools are recruiting the south now and the market has become saturated. Everyone is going to Florida now and ignoring other opprtunities to find talent. I've said for a while now that if I were coaching Minnesota I would offer a scholarship each to the best player in Montana and Wyoming. You're essentially competing with nobody and your return on investment is much higher.

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 04:20 PM
How could you forget Cardinal Mooney?

i think the fact that i did kinda proves the point even more, haha.

steelernation77
08-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Speaking of which, I divided the number of players drafted in the NFL/players offered BCS scholarships. Interesting numbers, for those not good at math, the higher the number the better, essentially:

Midlands
Colorado- 70%
Nebraska- 23%
Kansas- 9%
Oklahoma- 20%
Texas- 17.5%
Iowa- 21%
Missouri-14%

Midwest
Minnesota- 20%
Ohio-22%
Wisconsin- 25%
Illinois- 19%
Indiana- 27%
Michigan- 31%

Southeast
Arkansas- 24%
Louisiana- 35%
Mississippi- 16%
Alabama- 21%
Georgia- 16%
Florida- 15%
South Carolina- 27%
Tennessee- 15%
Kentucky- 13%

Atlantic East
North Carolina- 18%
West Virginia- 13%
Pennsylvania- 15%
New Jersey- 15%
New York- 26%
Massachusetts- 22%
Connecticut- 22%
Rhode Island- 150%
D.C- 15%
Maryland- 20%
Delaware- 18%
Virginia- 27%

West
Washington- 48%
Oregon- 77%
California- 60%
Nevada- 67%
Idaho- 117%
Utah- 150%
Montana- 175%
Wyoming- 400%
Arizona- 15.5%
New Mexico- 43%
Hawaii- 22%
Alaska- 150%
North Dakota- 100%
South Dakota- 50%

As if Utah beating Alabama in the Sugar Bowl didn't alread prove it, the talent in the South is overrated and the talent in the West is underrated. That's not to say the South doesn't still have the best players in the country on average, but too many schools are recruiting the south now and the market has become saturated. Everyone is going to Florida now and ignoring other opprtunities to find talent. I've said for a while now that if I were coaching Minnesota I would offer a scholarship each to the best player in Montana and Wyoming. You're essentially competing with nobody and your return on investment is much higher.

http://gazprepsports.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/18-prepmcmillan.jpg

Casey McMillan likes the Big Sky state love and looks forward to eating your young

wonderbredd24
08-31-2009, 04:32 PM

An alumnus of the Big 33 game has been in I believe it's up to the last 15 straight Superbowls

Sniper
08-31-2009, 04:35 PM
An alumnus of the Big 33 game has been in I believe it's up to the last 15 straight Superbowls

There's been a Big 33 alumnus in EVERY Super Bowl.

wicket
08-31-2009, 04:52 PM
lol @ wyoming having 400%.

With respect to the level of ohio football. The Greater Catholic League south is one of the best conferences for high school football in the entire nation. With Moeller, Colerain and Elder in one conference there are three teams in there that can play with virtually anybody.

And if someone wants to know if its big. Go and watch the documentary Go Tigers about the high school team of Massilon OH (i believe)

wonderbredd24
08-31-2009, 04:58 PM
lol @ wyoming having 400%.

With respect to the level of ohio football. The Greater Catholic League south is one of the best conferences for high school football in the entire nation. With Moeller, Colerain and Elder in one conference there are three teams in there that can play with virtually anybody.

And if someone wants to know if its big. Go and watch the documentary Go Tigers about the high school team of Massilon OH (i believe)

Massilon has a brand new enormous in door practice facility.

Mike Brown remarked that it was nicer than the Bengals'

bearsfan_51
08-31-2009, 04:58 PM
The 400% was actually my own relatively made up #.

The truth is that since 2004, not a single player from Wyoming has gone on scholarship to a BCS college, yet 4 players have been drafted into the NFL who played high school football in Wyoming. Not a one of them will be a superstar (Brady Poppinga of the Packers is probably the best), but you'd like to think that if you're good enough to get drafted in the NFL, some BCS school should have offered you a scholarship.

wicket
08-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Massilon has a brand new enormous in door practice facility.

Mike Brown remarked that it was nicer than the Bengals'

Is it me or is that both funny and just flat out wrong?

wonderbredd24
08-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Is it me or is that both funny and just flat out wrong?

hilarious and sad

Saints 4 Lyfe
08-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Loads of talent in Ohio.

we'll make sure Spencer Ware sends a post card every now and then from down south :)

JoeyJr09
08-31-2009, 05:17 PM
I wouldn't call White a 2nd-tier talent. He's just not quite Gio.

White is a good talent as a situational back. As a full time back, he's a 2nd tier talent.

I'm not going to break it down into "oh he has crisp routes, or really awesome hip bend, or slides in and out of cuts"..that's a bunch of filler, detail crap.

So now breaking down film of a player and doing analysis is "filler crap". Why are you here again? You think no coaches should be questioned and player evals are filler crap. What exactly do you use these boards for?

The 400% was actually my own relatively made up #.

The truth is that since 2004, not a single player from Wyoming has gone on scholarship to a BCS college, yet 4 players have been drafted into the NFL who played high school football in Wyoming. Not a one of them will be a superstar (Brady Poppinga of the Packers is probably the best), but you'd like to think that if you're good enough to get drafted in the NFL, some BCS school should have offered you a scholarship.

Here's my take on the list. The bigger states as far as producing talent seem to have very mediocre numbers. When you have places like FLA producing as much as 200 D-I kids a year, you have to think there's going to be a pretty solid amount of busts. There's so many variables from HS to NFL that by shear amount of kids that FLA sign to BCS conferences that you'll be hard pressed to see the percentages that high. Were as a state that produces very little BCS prospects has a better chance for a higher number.

To put it this way. Say Florida puts 200 kids in BCS a year and 30 make it to the NFL. Thats only 15 percent. Now say New Mexico produces 15 BCS players in a year. 6 go to the NFL. That gives them there 43 percent. Coaches will continue to hit Florida because even with the low success rate, the chances are greater that a Florida player will make it in the NFL then a New Mexico guy. A state like New Mexico only needs 1 good year where they produce a group of NFL talents and it skews the numbers big time because they have such a small sample size (see 6 states having over 100 percent as an example). While bigger states have a much smaller sample size so your more likely to see more ordinary numbers. Of course California is an except to this and I have no idea how they sustain that high a rate for such a big producing state.

Overall, It's an interesting list to see, but it seems to be one with alot of different variables and one that can influenced way to easily due to pure lack of sample size to really put much stock into it. Your post on Wyoming is a perfect example. Your talking about Wyoming having 4 NFL players and zero BCS players when the NFL and College football combined have about 12,000 players total.

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 06:15 PM
we'll make sure Spencer Ware sends a post card every now and then from down south :)

hey, best of luck to him, we're gonna sign Roderick Smith and Erick Howard. More power to ya.

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 08:40 PM
Ohio State got it's first commitment of 2011 btw.

Guy is a potential 5 star DE, and it's not Steve Miller (who is like a sure fire 5 star DE).

Sniper
08-31-2009, 08:42 PM
Ohio State got it's first commitment of 2011 btw.

Guy is a potential 5 star DE, and it's not Steve Miller (who is like a sure fire 5 star DE).

Does he have a name?

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 08:47 PM
It's a secret.

Alright, ya got me

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ohiostate/football/recruiting/player-Kenny-Hayes-98702

Sniper
08-31-2009, 08:53 PM
It's a secret.

Alright, ya got me

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ohiostate/football/recruiting/player-Kenny-Hayes-98702

Good get for you guys. He's got a good frame to bulk up.

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
i'm a lot more excited about our 2011 recruiting than our 2010. Ohio is loaded, gonna feed that big ten.

Hines
08-31-2009, 09:34 PM
I want Steve Miller. Any idea on where he might go? Also, Kenny Hayes was on my list for next year as well. Ohio is pretty loaded along with Virginia. I hope Penn State takes full advantage of that.

Sniper
08-31-2009, 09:35 PM
I want Steve Miller. Any idea on where he might go?

Move on to another target. He's going to Ohio State.

Hines
08-31-2009, 09:39 PM
Move on to another target. He's going to Ohio State.

Ya most likely. Dude is a top 20 player next year IMO.

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I can tell ya we're gonna get Braxton and Steve Miller, Kenny Hayes, Donovan Clark, and Chris Rock. Trey DePriest is extremely likely to be a Buck as well even though there was some pro Michigan buzz there early. Doran Grant is probably a top 5 player in Ohio next year, maybe top 3, and it's between Ohio State and Notre Dame. I dont know much more about his leanings than that, he's kinda close to the vest to date other than that. Greg Brown is a corner who did well in camps this past summer, gonna be a Michigan verbal in a matter of time.

Hines
08-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I can tell ya we're gonna get Braxton and Steve Miller, Kenny Hayes, Donovan Clark, and Chris Rock. Trey DePriest is extremely likely to be a Buck as well even though there was some pro Michigan buzz there early. Doran Grant is probably a top 5 player in Ohio next year, maybe top 3, and it's between Ohio State and Notre Dame. I dont know much more about his leanings than that, he's kinda close to the vest to date other than that. Greg Brown is a corner who did well in camps this past summer, gonna be a Michigan verbal in a matter of time.

Any top players interested in Penn State?

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure, but I know WR AJ Jordan from Trotwood is one to keep an eye on since Tressel has never offered a Trotwood guy before...and Penn State/Michigan like Trotwood a bit. His coach said he'll be the first player of his to ever get the big instate offer though fwiw.

Sniper
08-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Trey DePriest is extremely likely to be a Buck as well even though there was some pro Michigan buzz there early.

Dammit. We really, really need him. You guys don't even need any more LBs!

Greg Brown is a corner who did well in camps this past summer, gonna be a Michigan verbal in a matter of time.

Same HS as Jesus. Maybe he'll be half as good.

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Here's Duane Long's top 20 for 2011. A little different than others ive seen but a good list:

1. Braxton Miller 6-2 185 QB Huber Heights Wayne
The best quarterback prospect from Ohio in my lifetime.

2. Steve Miller 6-5 220 DE Canton McKinley
A sure national 5-star end. I have not seen an end in Ohio this good at the same point.

3. Donovan Clark 6-4 285 Ath Cincinnati Finneytown
I don’t know if he is a DT or a LT all I am sure of is he a great prospect.

4. Doran Grant 5-11 170 CB Akron SV-SM
A ball hawk with top drawer speed, great hips and great feet.

5. Kenny Hayes 6-6 224 DE Toledo Whitmer
I only hope to see another year with two potential five-star DEs in Ohio again.

6. Chris Rock 6-5 255 DL Columbus DeSales
Likely grows into a tackle but right now he is a great looking strong side DE prospect.

7. Trey DePriest 6-2 215 LB Springfield South
Instincts to spare. Always around the ball. Moving up more than any player in the class.

8. Cole Stoudt 6-3 200 QB Dublin Coffman
Better than his brother. He would be the talk of the class if not for Miller. Will the Buckeyes go for the double?

9. Aundrey Walker 6-5 310 OL Glenville
You just don't see bodies like this very often. Raw but moves well. Could be elite.

10. Eilar Hardy 6-0 180 CB Pickerington Central
Great player. Looks like a corner but speed may push him to safety.

11. A.J. Jordan 6-1 170 WR Trotwood-Madison
Maybe the best ever out of the Trotwood program.Great hands and ball skills.

12. Josh McClain 6-2 200 WR Clayton Northmont
A big receiver who just needs to qualify his speed to jump to the top of this list.

13. Robert Walton 5-11 190 RB Glenville
Recent film impressed me. Best back in the class at this point.

14. Aundre Sturdivant 6-2 205 LB Glenville
Good middle linebacker. Good instincts. He goes as far as his body takes him.

15. Ray Hamilton 6-3 215 TE Strongsville
Doesn't have ideal size but looks good catching the ball and is a solid blocker.

16. Ronald Tanner 6-0 180 Ath Eastmoor Academy
Explosive and elusive high school quarterback that could make a great receiver or corner.

17. Chase Hounshell 6-4 225 OL Mentor Lake Catholic
Not ideal sized but plenty of room to grow, great feet and nasty.

18. Shaquil Pettaway 6-1 200 LB/S Steubenville
Could be a linebacker or a strong safety but I see a Star. Great instincts and a hitter.

19. Ed Killingsworth 6-3 190 WR/DB Warren Harding
A physical specimen that cannot be ignored.

20. Matt Cyrus 6-1 200 RB Hilliard Darby
Big back with a great body and a physical style of play.

Hines
08-31-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm not sure, but I know WR AJ Jordan from Trotwood is one to keep an eye on since Tressel has never offered a Trotwood guy before...and Penn State/Michigan like Trotwood a bit. His coach said he'll be the first player of his to ever get the big instate offer though fwiw.

Penn State will not deal with Trotwood again because of what happened with Mike Shaw. Just my personal opinion.

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Dammit. We really, really need him. You guys don't even need any more LBs!.

well guys on buckeyeplanet said he's extremely likely to be a buck. other ppl say they dont know for sure either way. that's what ive heard.

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 09:55 PM
Duane left off Shane Wynn, the 5-7/165 WR from Glenville who is gonna play ball probably somewhere in the Big Ten. Probably too short for Ohio State, but that doesnt seem to be a problem for Michigan, haha.

BamaFalcon59
08-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Trey Depriest came to a VT camp and liked it, our chances are still thin with him, though.

No worries though, Curtis Grant is probably a Hokie in the end and an absolute manchild. Already 6'3" 225 4.5 and was one of the very few rising juniors to go to the Top Gun Camp. Top 40 player, probable five star IMO.

We'll likely take one other LB, and neither Travis Hughes or Caleb Taylor are slouches. Those are among others, but they are the number two and three LBs in state behind Grant at this point.