PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Sniper
08-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Duane left off Shane Wynn, the 5-7/165 WR from Glenville who is gonna play ball probably somewhere in the Big Ten. Probably too short for Ohio State, but that doesnt seem to be a problem for Michigan, haha.

Whatever gets us into Glenville.

keylime_5
08-31-2009, 10:00 PM
Wynn has awesome tape. He'd be a top 100 guy if he was 5'11"+.

wonderbredd24
08-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Whatever gets us into Glenville.

Good luck with that. Coach Ginn is a huge OSU honk. He loves sending kids (including obviously his own) down to play for the Buckeyes to play for Tressel

JoeyJr09
08-31-2009, 11:14 PM
Good luck with that. Coach Ginn is a huge OSU honk. He loves sending kids (including obviously his own) down to play for the Buckeyes to play for Tressel

Not true at all. Glenville is obviously OSU's biggest pipeline and sends tons of kids there but Ginn isn't sitting back there pushing all his kids to OSU. He obviously has a good relationship with OSU and makes the kids feel more comfortable there but he isn't sitting around shoving OSU down his kids throats if they are interested in other places.

He had no problems with Cordale Scott going to Illinois. Ginn has a good relationship with Miami coaches and encouraged Marcus Hall to take a visit to Miami last year.

If coach Ginn had a choice, I'm sure he'd rather all his kids go to OSU. But he isn't force feeding OSu to his kids. He lets them go thru the process themselves and encourages them to do what's best for them.

Ginn's alligence is to his players, not to OSU. Even the most Die hard of OSu fans will tell you that. It's what makes Ginn such a well respected coach.

wonderbredd24
08-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Not true at all. Glenville is obviously OSU's biggest pipeline and sends tons of kids there but Ginn isn't sitting back there pushing all his kids to OSU. He obviously has a good relationship with OSU and makes the kids feel more comfortable there but he isn't sitting around shoving OSU down his kids throats if they are interested in other places.

He had no problems with Cordale Scott going to Illinois. Ginn has a good relationship with Miami coaches and encouraged Marcus Hall to take a visit to Miami last year.

If coach Ginn had a choice, I'm sure he'd rather all his kids go to OSU. But he isn't force feeding OSu to his kids. He lets them go thru the process themselves and encourages them to do what's best for them.

Ginn's alligence is to his players, not to OSU. Even the most Die hard of OSu fans will tell you that. It's what makes Ginn such a well respected coach.

Who said anything about forcing them? But we're talking about Michigan here. Miami, Illinois, anywhere the hell else that is not Michigan is going to preferable to Michigan for Ginn.

keylime_5
09-01-2009, 09:13 AM

To a degree, but let's just say that if a kid from Glenville has an OSU offer, the reason that they are gonna go to Ohio State has a LOT to do with Ted Ginn being the chief at that school. Cordale Scott would be at Ohio State if Ginn had control of free will, haha.

CashmoneyDrew
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
To a degree, but let's just say that if a kid from Glenville has an OSU offer, the reason that they are gonna go to Ohio State has a LOT to do with Ted Ginn being the chief at that school. Cordale Scott would be at Ohio State if Ginn had control of free will, haha.

I never got to ask, but did Mike Edwards never get an OSU offer? And if so, why not?

ToldLikeItIs
09-01-2009, 10:31 AM
After his film coming out DT Anthony Ferguson and Iowa commit is now a 5.7 ***.

Jim Poggi's came out today as well. I'm thinking 5.6 ***.

Why do I keep hearing Iowa isn't out of it for Seantrel Henderson?

ToldLikeItIs
09-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Treat, BearsFan

Ok, here's the weird RB recruiting situation.

Kedrick Rhodes is being looked as a corner.
Andre Dawson RB/ATH/LB/S. ATH!
James White RB only, top target.
DeAndre Johnson, the coaches basically look at him like Jewel Hampton, RB only.
Marcus Coker MLB/RB/SS!

Austin Gray may be offered by Ohio State soon.

keylime_5
09-01-2009, 10:46 AM
I never got to ask, but did Mike Edwards never get an OSU offer? And if so, why not?

nah, they wanted him but he had grade issues. Illinois wanted him too. I think Tennessee was his third choice being out of the midwest and all, but you can do a lot worse than Tennessee.

wicket
09-01-2009, 10:55 AM
Why do I keep hearing Iowa isn't out of it for Seantrel Henderson?

cuz you are talking with yourself?

ToldLikeItIs
09-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Awesome response. I'm not..even kidding.

I really keep hearing that.

cdub11
09-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Rivals Rankings will be updated today.

wicket
09-01-2009, 11:47 AM
any idea at what time?

Sniper
09-01-2009, 12:16 PM

Duane left off Shane Wynn, the 5-7/165 WR from Glenville who is gonna play ball probably somewhere in the Big Ten. Probably too short for Ohio State, but that doesnt seem to be a problem for Michigan, haha.

Reading comprehension. It's awesome.

JFLO
09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
The new rivals 100 has been posted...

Prater rose to #2 while Keenan Allen finally gets some recognition, I think he was at #8

Sniper
09-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Devin Gardner almost in the top 50! Super duper.

ToldLikeItIs
09-01-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm yet to be even remotely impressed with Keenan Allen.

JRTPlaya21
09-01-2009, 12:48 PM
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2369

For all of the lazy ones lol.

cdub11
09-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Darius White dropped down to 27 from the top 10... Tevin Jackson finally getting some love at 33

HindSight
09-01-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm yet to be even remotely impressed with Keenan Allen.
note to self: Keenan Allen is an outstanding prospect.

ToldLikeItIs
09-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Hindsight you're getting a little creepy.

ToldLikeItIs
09-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Tevin Jackson is my favorite LB prospect this year, that includes Jeff Luc.

draftguru151
09-01-2009, 01:15 PM
Ivan McCartney jumped up a decent amount to #35. Louis Nix is in the top 100 now. :eek:

etk
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Ivan McCartney jumped up a decent amount to #35. Louis Nix is in the top 100 now. :eek:

It's because those Rivals guys think he's headed to WVU so now it's okay to rank him a bit higher.

Just kidding, but you never know.

keylime_5
09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Latwan Anderson over Lamarcus Joyner, hahahahahahahahahahaha. Good joke. Joyner's lateral movement >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anderson's by about a thousand. Anderson isn't even the best safety on Glenville. (And in reality, he's probably about 1 inch taller than Joyner, probably 5'9").

etk
09-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I think Joyner is in the right spot now, but Anderson shouldn't be that high.

keylime_5
09-01-2009, 02:02 PM
yeah, Joyner is probably about right. Anderson being ranked over him though is a joke, Christian Bryant is the star of the Tarblooders and has pretty good physical skill to boot.

etk
09-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Speaking of Christian and underrated, how is Christian Green not a 5 star? Top 50 even?

JRTPlaya21
09-01-2009, 02:05 PM
I heard that Prater is going to pick a school Wednesday.

CashmoneyDrew
09-01-2009, 02:06 PM
I heard that Prater is going to pick a school Wednesday.

USC lock unfortunately.

etk
09-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Illinois is still in the picture. He's a lock to commit to USC but not to sign with them....SD is a while away.

T-RICH49
09-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Kansas recieved a committ from 4* LB Trayvon Henry.There are also rumors of Justin McCay giving a silent verbel to KU but there is nothing right now to confirm that

BPhilb
09-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Kansas recieved a committ from 4* LB Trayvon Henry.There are also rumors of Justin McCay giving a silent verbel to KU but there is nothing right now to confirm that

Henry appears to be a keeper and I wouldn't be suprised if he is starting for KU next season. The McCay rumor is wild, I had heard he was more K-State than KU if he didn't choose OU or Missouri.

BigJohn98
09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Speaking of Christian and underrated, how is Christian Green not a 5 star? Top 50 even?

It's because he's going to FSU. That's why he dropped. Same with Joyner. Rivals is biased against FSU commits/leans.;)

Jeff Luc will be visiting unofficially for the FSU/Miami game Monday night.

Hollywood
09-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Brandon Linder not being in the top 100 is a joke. He should be top 10 nationally.

T-RICH49
09-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Henry appears to be a keeper and I wouldn't be suprised if he is starting for KU next season. The McCay rumor is wild, I had heard he was more K-State than KU if he didn't choose OU or Missouri.

yeah personally I don't believe the McCay rumors but this is'nt the first time I've heard rumors of him reconsidering OU

kwilk103
09-01-2009, 07:27 PM
we have a good shot at anderson, mccartney, dunkley (if he decides to go oos) and corey brown

i think we get anderson and mccartney

JFLO
09-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Illinois is still in the picture. He's a lock to commit to USC but not to sign with them....SD is a while away.

I heard that Prater is set on enrolling early, so if Illinois wants anything to do with him, then they had better work quick.

He's overrated IMO. He is mostly hype right now and I'm having a feeling that he'll turn out something like Patrick Turner.

keylime_5
09-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah, Prater is overrated....I doubt college coaches regard him quite like Rivals.com does, but I still like him a lot.

BigJohn98
09-01-2009, 10:13 PM
we have a good shot at anderson, mccartney, dunkley (if he decides to go oos) and corey brown

Let me correct you. You have no shot at Dunkley. All Gator.

JoeyJr09
09-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Let me correct you. You have no shot at Dunkley. All Gator.

Beat me to it.

And I'll throw this in about McCartney. He might still be considering WVU, but he has been silently committed to Miami since the spring game. Come crunch time, chances are he stays home.

Don Vito
09-01-2009, 11:37 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20090901/NEWS/90901028/Yazoo-High-athlete-a-hero--sheriff-says

Yazoo County (MS) DE Kaleb Eulls, a Mississippi State commit, disarmed a student with a gun on the school bus. The student was a 14 year old girl who was threatening to shoot people on the bus, and Eulls stood up and talked to her before wrestling the gun away.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/mississippistate/football/recruiting/player-Kaleb-Eulls-90389

Here is Eulls rivals profile, he is a 4-star prospect and quite the talent. Ole Miss is going after him hard.

ToldLikeItIs
09-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Big time move.

Exactly, Prater = Patrick Turner.

The best WR in this class is Ivan McCartney.

ToldLikeItIs
09-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Rogers and McCartney are 1/1. They are different types of receivers though.

bearsfan_51
09-02-2009, 03:40 AM
http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20090901/NEWS/90901028/Yazoo-High-athlete-a-hero--sheriff-says

Yazoo County (MS) DE Kaleb Eulls, a Mississippi State commit, disarmed a student with a gun on the school bus. The student was a 14 year old girl who was threatening to shoot people on the bus, and Eulls stood up and talked to her before wrestling the gun away.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/mississippistate/football/recruiting/player-Kaleb-Eulls-90389

Here is Eulls rivals profile, he is a 4-star prospect and quite the talent. Ole Miss is going after him hard.
Good for him. That shows a lot of bravery.

HindSight
09-02-2009, 08:26 AM
rumor from buckeyeplanet that Paul Jones decomitted from PSU and is likely headed to Pitt.....but I don't see a mention of it on PSU's scout board.

Hines
09-02-2009, 10:04 AM
rumor from buckeyeplanet that Paul Jones decomitted from PSU and is likely headed to Pitt.....but I don't see a mention of it on PSU's scout board.

Our insider guy said that it is wishful thinking and that PJ and Penn State has worked things out.

ToldLikeItIs
09-02-2009, 10:09 AM
Hines, there's too much smoke here. Paul Jones is going to end up at Pittsburgh.

Hines
09-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Hines, there's too much smoke here. Paul Jones is going to end up at Pittsburgh.

He just may, and although I would be upset, we still have Bolden and Newsome.

JRTPlaya21
09-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Kyle Prater to USC

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-02-tab-kyle-prater-sep02,0,652054.story

Scratch that press conference at 2:30 lol

JFLO
09-02-2009, 01:02 PM
I was just on scout.com and they have an article that ranks the "Revised" classes due to lost players (whether JUCO, academics, personal, etc.) and it says that Missouri lost Sheldon Richardson?

Did I miss something?

Here is the link to the article:
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/894160.html

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out why, it says on the article that he simply hasn't enrolled yet, which is bad right?

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Kyle Prater to USC

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-02-tab-kyle-prater-sep02,0,652054.story

Scatch that press conference at 2:30 loldamn that came out of left field.

JRTPlaya21
09-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Sheldon Richardson won't be enrolled there until 2011 because of academics. So I think he is playing juco ball in California.

JFLO
09-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Sheldon Richardson won't be enrolled there until 2011 because of academics. So I think he is playing juco ball in California.

Did not know that, thanks for clearing that up for me.

bigbenn
09-02-2009, 01:30 PM

Definitely...and I wouldn't say complete lock to USC to commit today but it's about 95% lol. Wow USC recruits like crazy. I never thought even when they offered they could sway Prater. But with the season I think Illinois is about to have, it's definitely not over by any stretch...

BPhilb
09-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Definitely...and I wouldn't say complete lock to USC to commit today but it's about 95% lol. Wow USC recruits like crazy. I never thought even when they offered they could sway Prater. But with the season I think Illinois is about to have, it's definitely not over by any stretch...

I'm really hoping you guys start 0-1. After that all the best. :)

BPhilb
09-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Did not know that, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Here's an article about his plan that is pretty good. I imagine though in a couple of years he will mengle with another school but ultimatley end up at Missouri. He seems to like the drama.

http://www.columbiatribune.com/weblogs/behind-the-stripes/2009/jun/09/juco-coach-sheldon-will-be-back-at-mizzou/

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-02-2009, 02:07 PM
dont know if its been posted yet.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/Michael-Dyer-tells-FOX16-Auburn-is-his-first/7mxUkv55YEWRCALD3cWogw.cspx

wicket
09-02-2009, 02:18 PM
I was just on scout.com and they have an article that ranks the "Revised" classes due to lost players (whether JUCO, academics, personal, etc.) and it says that Missouri lost Sheldon Richardson?

Did I miss something?

Here is the link to the article:
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/894160.html

EDIT: Nevermind, I found out why, it says on the article that he simply hasn't enrolled yet, which is bad right?

I seriously dont get how these are not the final rankings. What point is signing a ton of guys who arent even going to qualify, but it does get your rating up. For some reason the recruiting services keep their signing day ranking as their final ranking and make the enrolled ranking but dont do anything with it and thereby systematically screwing over teams in their ranking that actually check with the clearing house beforehand.

Sorry but this just really bothers me

etk
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
It's because he's going to FSU. That's why he dropped. Same with Joyner. Rivals is biased against FSU commits/leans.;)

Jeff Luc will be visiting unofficially for the FSU/Miami game Monday night.

IDK if you're being serious or not, but it (the bias) almost seems true. What with FSU/Miami commits/recruits getting no love and UF commits being overrated.

Good shot at Anderson. Decent shot at McCartney. No shot at Dunkley. Little shot at Corey Brown

Typical WVU optimism, although the last sentence is perfectly acceptable (tho still optimistic).

Beat me to it.

And I'll throw this in about McCartney. He might still be considering WVU, but he has been silently committed to Miami since the spring game. Come crunch time, chances are he stays home.

Yeah I was 3rd to the punch :(

wicket: I agree. Although I'd like to hear the same from non-ND fans (obviously you guys benefit from such a move).

kwilk103
09-02-2009, 02:35 PM
IDK if you're being serious or not, but it (the bias) almost seems true. What with FSU/Miami commits/recruits getting no love and UF commits being overrated.

Good shot at Anderson. Decent shot at McCartney. No shot at Dunkley. Little shot at Corey Brown

Typical WVU optimism, although the last sentence is perfectly acceptable (tho still optimistic).

wicket: I agree. Although I'd like to hear the same from non-ND fans (obviously you guys benefit from such a move).

little shot at brown? in his top 5, and we were his favorite team growing up

wicket
09-02-2009, 02:41 PM

I have to agree it does make ND look better.

etk
09-02-2009, 02:42 PM

He says Miami leads, and most believe it's a PSU/RU race. WVU is running 4th.

Hines
09-02-2009, 02:43 PM
He says Miami leads, and most believe it's a PSU/RU race. WVU is running 4th.

He never mentions PSU. I doubt he comes here. I think you are meaning to say OSU.

Hines
09-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Oh, and our Penn State insider has said once again that the PJ to Pitt rumors are just that, rumors. He said that if PJ is at Pitt, that is news to PJ, his family, his coach, and Coach Bradley and others. I think he stays, but this one isn't over just yet even though there are thousands of rumors saying he is gone, but our insider has said that he stays. Hmmm.

etk
09-02-2009, 02:51 PM
He never mentions PSU. I doubt he comes here. I think you are meaning to say OSU.

Oh **** yeah I meant OSU. I was thinking PSU cuz they were fresh on my mind.

lol Joey made the same mistake on another forum cept his was a typo.

Point still stands though.

JRTPlaya21
09-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Kyle Prater to USC is official

http://wearesc.com/news/story.php?article=2332

Third to last paragraph sums up what some guys in the board have been saying about Prater.

JRTPlaya21
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Updated rivals 250

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=880&Year=2010&ra_key=2303

bigbenn
09-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Kyle Prater to USC is official

http://wearesc.com/news/story.php?article=2332

Third to last paragraph sums up what some guys in the board have been saying about Prater.

Yup...sucks he isn't Illini off top but for those too lazy, this quote is very telling...stay tuned:

http://illinois.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=983397

With early commitments the question always remains about official visits; for Prater, that's a question that's still up in the air.

"It came down to Oklahoma, Illinois and Tennessee. They all have something good to offer, but they weren't right for me at that moment," he said. "I've got to think about (official visits), but I'm not sure yet.

"I don't want to be one of those guys who commits and then takes a bunch of visits and I'm a man of my word, but I want to be 100-percent sure that it's the right choice."

bigbenn
09-02-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm really hoping you guys start 0-1. After that all the best. :)

LOL....I think a lot of teams on the schedule better hope Illinois starts 0-1, because if they don't watch out. This team is loaded, and they're ready (But people have already seen my thoughts in the B10 thread so I'll stop right now:)).

ToldLikeItIs
09-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Benn,

Fiedorowicz and Prater both won't be Illini. It goes both ways, and Kirk made a quote just as telling in regards to CJ the other day :)

Sniper
09-02-2009, 03:56 PM

Well, etch it in stone then. Favorite team growing up always equals commit. Also, why do you have to say "we were his favorite team growing up" every time you mention this kid?

bigbenn
09-02-2009, 04:10 PM
Benn,

Fiedorowicz and Prater both won't be Illini. It goes both ways, and Kirk made a quote just as telling in regards to CJ the other day :)

I hope it wasn't your coach because, assuming you don't know him, that would be an NCAA if he discussed a recruit in public. Please do tell more...

And if CJ isn't Illini, that would be a huge blow. But we'll see, right.:) :cool:

BigJohn98
09-02-2009, 04:18 PM

I'm being serious. As soon as someone commits to FSU or Miami, they suddenly drop in the next rankings...while UF players rise.

ToldLikeItIs
09-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Of course it wasn't a direct name drop.

That's because all the highly rated players FSU signed from 2003-2005 have been absolute busts in comparison to their ranking.

Antone Smith, Michael Ray Garvin, Fred Rouse, Callahan Bright, the list goes on my friend.

BigJohn98
09-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Of course it wasn't a direct name drop.

That's because all the highly rated players FSU signed from 2003-2005 have been absolute busts in comparison to their ranking.

Antone Smith, Michael Ray Garvin, Fred Rouse, Callahan Bright, the list goes on my friend.

What are you saying? Rivals drops players commited to FSU because of how past highly-rated players have done at FSU?

And it's unfair to call Bright a bust. He never made it to school. And Michael Ray Garvin is more of an athlete.

Punisher
09-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Wow

Kyle Prater, Robert Woods, Dillion Baxter, and Xavier Grimble all in the same class! Has there ever been a receiving group like this ever brought in by a school?

BigJohn98
09-02-2009, 04:42 PM
Clint Trickett, son of FSU offensive line coach Rick Trickett, commits to FSU.

Sniper
09-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Wow

Kyle Prater, Robert Woods, Dillion Baxter, and Xavier Grimble all in the same class! Has there ever been a receiving group like this ever brought in by a school?

If you listen to bigbenn, Illinois did last year.

GhostDeini
09-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Wow another out of state 6'5 220 slow posession WR heading to USC. When have I seen this before ? Hmmmm......

Sniper
09-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Wow another out of state 6'5 220 slow posession WR heading to USC. When have I seen this before ? Hmmmm......

Why do you hate USC so much?

Punisher
09-02-2009, 05:44 PM

Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett sure didn't work out for SC right? Even Patrick Turner, who slouched for 3 years in college, excelled his senior season for the Trojans. What was the point of your post? (if any)

kwilk103
09-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Well, etch it in stone then. Favorite team growing up always equals commit. Also, why do you have to say "we were his favorite team growing up" every time you mention this kid?

we were corey browns favorite team growing up ;)

DoWnThEfiElD
09-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett sure didn't work out for SC right? Even Patrick Turner, who slouched for 3 years in college, excelled his senior season for the Trojans. What was the point of your post? (if any)

Everyone knows that past players determine future players success.

P-L
09-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Michigan gets it's first 2011 commit, Ohio DB Greg Brown. He's currently rated the #11 player in the state by Ohio High Magazine.

Sniper
09-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Michigan gets it's first 2011 commit, Ohio DB Greg Brown.

Let's hope he's as good as the last CB Michigan got from Fremont Ross.

P-L
09-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Prater is far and away the best receiver in this class. He's not the second best player in the nation, but USC got a damn good one.

Sniper
09-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Prater is far and away the best receiver in this class. He's not the second best player in the nation, but USC got a damn good one.

He's not even the best WR in his own team's class.

Goober Man
09-02-2009, 07:38 PM
What are you saying? Rivals drops players commited to FSU because of how past highly-rated players have done at FSU?

And it's unfair to call Bright a bust. He never made it to school. And Michael Ray Garvin is more of an athlete.

I never followed FSU that much but I do know Michael Ray Garvin a bit...since he was on the Arizona Cardinals team for a short while (he was part of the first cuts because of a injury)

From what I know Michael is assumed a "bust" because he choose to do track and football..and the coach basically punished him for not focusing on football so he ended up being a 3rd string CB and only doing KR returns.

Did I hear right or what?

Punisher
09-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Everyone knows that past players determine future players success.

In regards to how USC uses tall,slower, possession receivers I think its a good fit. Roberts Woods on the other side and Dillion Baxter in the slot to compliment Prater. It's the same recipe the Trojans use year in, and year out. The poster before was putting down USC's tradition of slower receivers, and I was stating how they get the most of their skills within the scheme.

JFLO
09-02-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm bored and tired of studying for finals, so these are my Top 20 Prospects

01. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina Undeclared Projected Commit: Auburn
02. Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas Undeclared Projected Commit: Texas
03. Michael Dyer RB Arkansas Undeclared Projected Commit: Arkansas
04. Seantrel Henderson OT Minnesota Undeclared Projected Commit: Notre Dame
05. Ronald Powell ATH California Undeclared Projected Commit: USC
06. Darius White WR Texas Undeclared Projected Commit: Oklahoma State (sleeper)
07. Jeff Luc LB Florida Undeclared Projected Commit: Florida State
08. Da'Rick Rogers WR Georgia Committed to Georgia
09. Lamarcus Joyner DB Florida Undeclared Projected Commit: Florida State
10. Alec Ogletree DB Georgia Committed to Georgia
11. Robert Woods ATH California Committed to USC
12. Lache Seastrunk RB Texas Undeclared Projected Commit: LSU
13. Chris Dunkley WR Florida Undeclared Projected Commit: Florida
14. Shariff Floyd DT Pennsylvania Projected Commit: Penn State
15. Cecil Whiteside LB California Committed to California
16. Owa Odighizuwa DE Washington Undeclared Projected Commit: Oregon
17. Martavis Bryant WR South Carolina Committed to Clemson
18. Jordan Hicks LB Ohio Undeclared Projected Commit: Ohio State
19. Corey Nelson LB Texas Committed to Texas A&M
20. Gabe King DE North Carolina Undeclared Projected Commit: NC State

keylime_5
09-02-2009, 09:51 PM
I mentioned this a while ago on Trey DePriest, but this might clarify:

"We have a pretty good source on DePriest and let's just say that BPRT feels fairly confident that Trey will end up a Buckeye when all is said and done."

that's from buckeyeplanet

and this is from BSB

"I think Michigan has a great shot at DePriest. But a long way to go"

Gonna be a top 5 Ohio kid for sure in 2011. Only other september 1st written offers OSU gave out (besides DePriest) that we're aware of are Braxton Miller and Kenny Hayes. I'm sure Steve Miller's will be in his hands any second now. Of course guys like Chris Rock and Doran Grant are locks to get offers eventually too.

But regarding Trey, I'm worried about Hicks right now. One thing at a time.

BigJohn98
09-02-2009, 09:53 PM
I never followed FSU that much but I do know Michael Ray Garvin a bit...since he was on the Arizona Cardinals team for a short while (he was part of the first cuts because of a injury)

From what I know Michael is assumed a "bust" because he choose to do track and football..and the coach basically punished him for not focusing on football so he ended up being a 3rd string CB and only doing KR returns.

Did I hear right or what?

Most likely that's the story.

I bet he would have made the Cardinals' roster had he not been hurt. He's probably one of the fastest guys in the NFL. I'll bet he makes their practice squad.

Sniper
09-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Key, what do you know about Greg Brown?

BigJohn98
09-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Now that Trickett is a Nole, he will be recruiting his ass off for us. He's pretty tight with guys like Christian Jones(Nole Lock), Brandon Willis(Nole lean), Chris Dunkley, and Gio Bernard. Not saying we're getting Dunkley, but it could help coming from a quarterback. Now we've got Joyner and Trickett recruiting for us.

bigbenn
09-03-2009, 12:06 AM
If you listen to bigbenn, Illinois did last year.

Never said anything like that, although I think Illinois has the best WR core in the country.

ToldLikeItIs
09-03-2009, 12:08 AM
DaRick and Ivan are both better than Prater I think.

Robert Woods has the highest ceiling. He's basically a combination of Patrick Hall, and DeSean Jackson, with awesome hands.

wicket
09-03-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm bored and tired of studying for finals, so these are my Top 20 Prospects

01. Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina Undeclared Projected Commit: Auburn
02. Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas Undeclared Projected Commit: Texas
03. Michael Dyer RB Arkansas Undeclared Projected Commit: Arkansas
04. Seantrel Henderson OT Minnesota Undeclared Projected Commit: Notre Dame
05. Ronald Powell ATH California Undeclared Projected Commit: USC
06. Darius White WR Texas Undeclared Projected Commit: Oklahoma State (sleeper)
07. Jeff Luc LB Florida Undeclared Projected Commit: Florida State
08. Da'Rick Rogers WR Georgia Committed to Georgia
09. Lamarcus Joyner DB Florida Undeclared Projected Commit: Florida State
10. Alec Ogletree DB Georgia Committed to Georgia
11. Robert Woods ATH California Committed to USC
12. Lache Seastrunk RB Texas Undeclared Projected Commit: LSU
13. Chris Dunkley WR Florida Undeclared Projected Commit: Florida
14. Shariff Floyd DT Pennsylvania Projected Commit: Penn State
15. Cecil Whiteside LB California Committed to California
16. Owa Odighizuwa DE Washington Undeclared Projected Commit: Oregon
17. Martavis Bryant WR South Carolina Committed to Clemson
18. Jordan Hicks LB Ohio Undeclared Projected Commit: Ohio State
19. Corey Nelson LB Texas Committed to Texas A&M
20. Gabe King DE North Carolina Undeclared Projected Commit: NC State

2 things.
I would LOVE to get seantrell coming to ND but unfortunately it aint gonna happen.
Owa and Gabe King in there over Chris Martin makes me sad.

keylime_5
09-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Greg Brown made a name for himself with a big camp season, I think that's a big reason he got the Michigan and Michigan State offers. OSU is being picky, I think the only instate CB on their radar right now is Doran Grant.

ToldLikeItIs
09-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Consider me a massive Chris Martin supporter Wicket.

and wow, there are some freakshows in the class of 2011.

Jadaveon Clowny, Lawrence Thomas, LaMarcus Fanning.

keylime_5
09-03-2009, 11:00 AM
doesnt sound good for Ben Koyack and.........penn state ; )

Sniper
09-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Greg Brown made a name for himself with a big camp season, I think that's a big reason he got the Michigan and Michigan State offers. OSU is being picky, I think the only instate CB on their radar right now is Doran Grant.

How many schollies do they have?

Goober Man
09-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Whats the word on Eduardo Clements? Is he still favoring Georgia? Or is it Michigan?

keylime_5
09-03-2009, 01:44 PM
How many schollies do they have?

probably more than 20...but I dont think that's the issue. They like to be really really sure before offering instate kids.

P-L
09-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Whats the word on Eduardo Clements? Is he still favoring Georgia? Or is it Michigan?
He's silently committed somewhere, and it's not U-M.

JoeyJr09
09-03-2009, 03:30 PM
He's silently committed somewhere, and it's not U-M.

Miami.

Not surprised. We knew it would happen eventually.

JRTPlaya21
09-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Solid pickup for yall Joey. Any time table on when McCartney will let his intentions be known? I think either you or etk said he was a Canes silent as well.

JoeyJr09
09-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Solid pickup for yall Joey. Any time table on when McCartney will let his intentions be known? I think either you or etk said he was a Canes silent as well.

He's a Cane silent but it's not written in stone. If we don't play up to expectations (9 wins and a shot at the ACC title) then he could very quickly jump ship to UF. But his heart is here. He just wants to make sure we are on track and gonna give him a chance at play for titles in the future before he pulls the trigger.

JRTPlaya21
09-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Ok thanks for the heads up. Good luck with FSU.

P-L
09-03-2009, 04:29 PM
I mentioned this a while ago on Trey DePriest, but this might clarify:

"We have a pretty good source on DePriest and let's just say that BPRT feels fairly confident that Trey will end up a Buckeye when all is said and done."

that's from buckeyeplanet

and this is from BSB

"I think Michigan has a great shot at DePriest. But a long way to go"

Gonna be a top 5 Ohio kid for sure in 2011. Only other september 1st written offers OSU gave out (besides DePriest) that we're aware of are Braxton Miller and Kenny Hayes. I'm sure Steve Miller's will be in his hands any second now. Of course guys like Chris Rock and Doran Grant are locks to get offers eventually too.

But regarding Trey, I'm worried about Hicks right now. One thing at a time.
This makes me sad. So far, Trey is one of my favorite prospects in next year's class. I hope we can pull him away.

ToldLikeItIs
09-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Aj should be a Hawk soon Treat.

keylime_5
09-03-2009, 04:39 PM
It shouldnt make you sad it should make you happy b/c Bill Greene said the guys on BP are wrong. Interesting, b/c they are usually pretty harmonious.

Aj should be a Hawk soon Treat.

He already is and he's in the NFL. Oh, wait nvrmind. haha.

bwillie26
09-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Interesting that Tyler Moore (2011 OL) had the offers pouring in over his first two days. So far he has already racked up offers from Nebraska, Florida, FSU, Miami, Ohio State, Michigan, Tennessee and West Virginia.

P-L
09-03-2009, 05:23 PM
James Wilder (RB/LB/DE) from Plant HS also has a similar list of offers after two days. USC, Florida, Miami, Michigan, Tennessee, West Virginia, South Carolina, and Missouri.

GhostDeini
09-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Didn't Tampa Plant head coach say he'll never send another one of his kids to Miami over the Marve thing ? I think he was in Orson Charles ear the entire time so he chose UGA.

JoeyJr09
09-03-2009, 06:00 PM
James Wilder (RB/LB/DE) from Plant HS also has a similar list of offers after two days. USC, Florida, Miami, Michigan, Tennessee, West Virginia, South Carolina, and Missouri.

Lots of kids from Florida have lists like that.

Bridgewater obvious does.

Denzel Perryman has Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Miami, WVU, Tennessee, Georgia, Ole Miss, UCLA.

People jump on the Florida guys ASAP a majority of the time.

Hines
09-03-2009, 06:23 PM

We have like 20 months to go. I don't know why he would go to Ohio State and not get the ball thrown his way. But if he wants that, all the power to him.

keylime_5
09-03-2009, 07:02 PM
yea, it would be a huge pull to get any major tight end to come to OSU considering how much we throw to them. But it sounds like this could end early.

HindSight
09-04-2009, 08:26 AM
yea, it would be a huge pull to get any major tight end to come to OSU considering how much we throw to them. But it sounds like this could end early.
everything "ends" on the same day. :p

the best thing OSU has going for them is Larry Johnson can't pull his "they don't care about black athletes" crap.

Hines
09-04-2009, 09:59 AM

So nevadabuck said this? I feel confident that he won't be going to Ohio State now.

wonderbredd24
09-04-2009, 10:00 AM

We threw to the Tight End once... he dropped it

P-L
09-04-2009, 11:14 AM
So nevadabuck said this? I feel confident that he won't be going to Ohio State now.
Don't get too confident. Nevadabuck is still right about 50% of the time. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

CashmoneyDrew
09-04-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't know if anyone knows this, but Tyler Bray will be at the Tennessee game tomorrow and will probably make his decision on whether or not he'll change his verbal soon after.
I hope he does.....

Hines
09-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Don't get too confident. Nevadabuck is still right about 50% of the time. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Are you sure it's 50? I am sure it's like 20%. :D

JFLO
09-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I don't think this is posted, but Scout.com released their Top 100 Prospects for 2011 (listed alphabetically).

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=88&yr=2011

IMO, these are the top 2011 recruits by position:

QB: Braxton Miller OH
RB: Aaron Green TX
RB: Mike Bellamy FL
WR: George Farmer CA
WR: Davaris Daniels IL
TE: Austin Sefarin-Jenkins WA
OL: Landon Turner VA
OL: Tyler Moore FL
OL: Angelo Mangiro NJ
OL: Brandon Shell SC
OL: Cyrus Kouandjio MD

DE: Ray Drew GA
DT: Gabe Wright GA
DT: Antwuan Woods CA
DE: Jalen Grimble NV
OLB: Trey DePriest OH
ILB: James Vaughters GA
OLB: Jason Gibson CA
CB: Doron Grant OH
S: Karlos Williams FL
S: Wayne Lions FL
CB: Jabriel Washington TN

keylime_5
09-04-2009, 01:55 PM
if nevadabuck throws the ===== up on a recruit, it's actually about 90some %, and it's always 100% that it means the recruit is saying he's gonna go to Ohio State at least at the time. Dont be an idiot about stuff u dont know what ur talking about. That dude is plugged in.

Hines
09-04-2009, 03:21 PM
if nevadabuck throws the ===== up on a recruit, it's actually about 90some %, and it's always 100% that it means the recruit is saying he's gonna go to Ohio State at least at the time. Dont be an idiot about stuff u dont know what ur talking about. That dude is plugged in.

Didn't he do that with Montana?

wicket
09-04-2009, 03:24 PM
I don't think this is posted, but Scout.com released their Top 100 Prospects for 2011 (listed alphabetically).

IMO Christian Westerman AZ should be one of the OLinemen. The rest looks pretty right to me

Hines
09-04-2009, 03:26 PM
IMO Christian Westerman AZ should be one of the OLinemen. The rest looks pretty right to me

Westerman is a flat out stud. I believe he could be better, or around the same level, as Kris O'Dowd coming out of HS.

keylime_5
09-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Didn't he do that with Montana?

idr, but sometimes he does it and recruits either change their minds or (in tajh boyd's case, haha) are lying to the staff.

wicket
09-04-2009, 04:37 PM

ND could be a player if they offer but im not sure we they will

Jonny
09-04-2009, 05:26 PM
How do you leave Savon Huggins off at RB? Best back in the '11 class.

Hines
09-04-2009, 05:28 PM

I want Savon Huggins so bad if Penn State doesn't get Lattimore this year.

wicket
09-04-2009, 05:29 PM

still want ND to offer him. he is the second back imo though aaron green wins for me

ToldLikeItIs
09-04-2009, 05:29 PM
TE

Kenneth McNeal Wisconsin

6'4 244 4.6

bwillie26
09-04-2009, 09:38 PM

Aaron Green says, "NO".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5DDClfQws0

BamaFalcon59
09-05-2009, 08:08 AM
I saw CJ Uzomah play his jamboree, which was his first start. Wasn't impressed at all. Great size, great arm. But he took forever to get the ball off. He had all day in the pocket (protected by Jawaun James and the other tackle commited to Alabama), but still managed to get sacked a few times by not getting the ball off.

They only beat us 21-7.

etk
09-05-2009, 08:58 AM

Why do you have Wayne Lyons on there but no James Wilder, Denzel Perryman or Teddy Bridgewater?

Wilder and Bridgewater are probably gonna be top 5 nationally and Perryman has a beast highlight film.

ToldLikeItIs
09-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm confident Iowa lands Cj Fiedorowicz fwiw.

etk
09-05-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm confident Iowa lands Cj Fiedorowicz fwiw.

Not even worth .02

Will this one count as 2 incorrect predictions or 1 considering how you failed once already?

ToldLikeItIs
09-05-2009, 06:40 PM
He hasn't signed anywhere yet, has he?

etk
09-05-2009, 06:49 PM
He hasn't signed anywhere yet, has he?

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure you called Fiedorowicz to the Hawks as in a commitment. I'm saying you'll be wrong on the commitment and signature. It's not like you were expecting him to commit to Illinois at any point...

But both Iowa and Illinois sucked in their opener so we'll see. CJ is a mega talent and should be playing for a BCS contender.

CashmoneyDrew
09-05-2009, 06:50 PM
I expect Tyler Bray to switch his commitment to Tennessee sometime very soon.

ToldLikeItIs
09-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Part of Illinois allure to Fiedorowicz was their promise to change the offense for him, as early as this year. That obviously hasn't happened. Iowa's TE had 10 receptions for 80 yards and a TD. It's night and day.

YAYareaRB
09-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I expect Tyler Bray to switch his commitment to Tennessee sometime very soon.

I talked to one of his teammates like last month. He said Bray thinks he's the second coming of David Carr and that he's surprised he didn't switch to Fresno State after they offered.

CLong4Heisman
09-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Part of Illinois allure to Fiedorowicz was their promise to change the offense for him, as early as this year. That obviously hasn't happened. Iowa's TE had 10 receptions for 80 yards and a TD. It's night and day.

Come to Iowa and be part of team that beats a FCS school 17-16 and should have lost.

Sniper
09-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Come to Iowa and be part of team that beats a FCS school 17-16 and should have lost.

Illinois didn't almost lose, though.

iowatreat54
09-06-2009, 01:11 PM

Yup, but you can make it to the NFL like our last like 5 TEs.

CLong, maybe you're just a Chris Long fan, but please tell me you aren't a Virginia fan...

pig1
09-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Why do you have Wayne Lyons on there but no James Wilder, Denzel Perryman or Teddy Bridgewater?

Wilder and Bridgewater are probably gonna be top 5 nationally and Perryman has a beast highlight film.

Confused with your issue here. Lyons is a Safety, Wilder is a DE, Perryman is a LB, and Bridgewater is a QB. All different positions. List selects player from each position. HUH!!!:confused:

CLong4Heisman
09-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Yup, but you can make it to the NFL like our last like 5 TEs.

CLong, maybe you're just a Chris Long fan, but please tell me you aren't a Virginia fan...

Im not a Virginia fan... trust me. I know where you're getting that considering they lost to William and Mary

critesy
09-06-2009, 09:59 PM
commits to auburn

ladarius owens, olb, 4*

6'2 225 4.49

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-LaDarius-Owens-89598

ToldLikeItIs
09-07-2009, 01:25 AM
Big commit.

Can anyone tell me about BJ Lowery 5'11 185 Cornerback from Ohio?

bwillie26
09-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Big commit.

Can anyone tell me about BJ Lowery 5'11 185 Cornerback from Ohio?

Okay, I laughed.

ToldLikeItIs
09-07-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm inquiring.

JayP
09-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Rivals 4*/Scout 3* CA RB Cameron Roberson commits to ND.

His grandfather was one of the first African-Americans to graduate from ND. Good to get a legacy kid with a history like this.

http://notredame.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=961&script=content.asp&cid=985608&fid=&tid=&mid=

Film of Roberson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpJ2iYv_9Kw

CashmoneyDrew
09-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Tyler Bray has committed to Tennessee. Wooo hooo!

YAYareaRB
09-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Rivals 4*/Scout 3* CA RB Cameron Roberson commits to ND.

His grandfather was one of the first African-Americans to graduate from ND. Good to get a legacy kid with a history like this.

http://notredame.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=961&script=content.asp&cid=985608&fid=&tid=&mid=

Film of Roberson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpJ2iYv_9Kw

Damn.. I thought he'd go to BYU

Goober Man
09-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Torrian Wilson commits to Stanford per Rivals.

Pretty shocked about this. I would of thought it would be Michigan or UM.

Sniper
09-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Torrian Wilson commits to Stanford per Rivals.

Pretty shocked about this. I would of thought it would be Michigan or UM.

I'd be shocked if it sticks.

BigJohn98
09-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Here were the recruits at the FSU game last night:

Officials

Corey Lemonier (spotted)
Calvin Smith (spotted)
Anthony Gonzalez (spotted)

Unofficials

Jeff Luc (spotted)
Damien Jacobs (spotted)
Tank Sessions (spotted)
Jeffrey Godfrey (Didn't make it due to Tuesday school)
Darious Cummings (Didn't make it due to practice)
Ed Christian (spotted)
Cameron Erving (spotted)
Telvin Smith
Terrence Mitchell
Brandon Willis (Didn't make it due to practice, per Brandon)
Chad Abrams
Kenny Shaw (Didn't make it due to practice, per Kenny)
C.J. Mizell (spotted)
Clint Trickett (spotted)
Terrence Brooks
Tavaris Barnes (spotted)
Camren Hudson
Christian Jones (spotted)
Christian Green (spotted)
Troy Bacon (spotted)
Trammell Williams (spotted)
De'Joshua Johnson (spotted)
Mark Wilson (spotted)
Garrett Scott (spotted)
Jordan Black (spotted)
Daniel Foxwell (spotted)
Tahj Kimble (spotted)
Corey Miller (Didn't make it due to practice, per Brandon)
Greg Dent (spotted)
Garrett Scott (spotted)
Horace Glover
Tyler Hunter (2011)
Karlos Williams (2011)
Nick Waisome (2011) (per Coach Larmond)
Jay Rome (2011)
Timmy Jernigan (2011) (spotted)
Derrick Mitchell (2011) (spotted)
Ray Drew (2011) (spotted)
Eric Beverly (2011) (spotted)
Shaq Beverly
Marion Holmes (spotted)
Deion Lee (2011) (spotted)
Tomas Bellamy (spotted)
Monty McDaniel (spotted)
Donte Gibson (spotted)

JayP
09-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Damn.. I thought he'd go to BYU

The only thing that stopped Roberson from committing earlier was the mention of possibly playing fullback. Roberson said that after seeing how Jonas Gray and James Aldridge were used against Nevada, he has no apprehension about playing fullback if asked.

HindSight
09-09-2009, 01:39 PM
lol. A michigan fan talking about 50%. Has your "insider" ever predicted more than that?

P-L
09-09-2009, 01:59 PM
lol. A michigan fan talking about 50%. Has your "insider" ever predicted more than that?
Our insiders are very accurate, because they don't assume anyone with high interest is a lock to commit to us. Sure, our insiders are on the conservative side when telling us who is going to commit to U-M, but I can count on one hand the number of times TJB has told us someone was going to commit and they didn't in the last five years. Very few people can say that about their insiders.

Obviously, no one is perfect. No one is going to get 100% right. But I'll put TJB's percentage up against nevada's any day.

HindSight
09-09-2009, 02:09 PM
Of course you will.....he never makes a prediction. I love Michigan and Penn State fans ripping him because they know it's not often that they can. As somebody else said, when Nevada says somebody is going to commit it's because at that time they told the staff they were going to.

Maybe he should hold back on some of them because kids change their minds or flat out play games with coaching staffs, but if you think Nevada is out there flipping coins and claiming anybody with interest is going to commit then you're a fool.

The fact that you listen to Tom Agenda Beaver makes me laugh ten times harder. That guy is such a tool it's ridiculous. I'm glad Nevada actually gives insight instead of going 50.1% and claiming that any kid that goes to another team was lost because that other team cheated. Can't wait for that book to come out :rolleyes:

P-L
09-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Of course you will.....he never makes a prediction. I love Michigan and Penn State fans ripping him because they know it's not often that they can. As somebody else said, when Nevada says somebody is going to commit it's because at that time they told the staff they were going to.

Maybe he should hold back on some of them because kids change their minds or flat out play games with coaching staffs, but if you think Nevada is out there flipping coins and claiming anybody with interest is going to commit then you're a fool.

The fact that you listen to Tom Agenda Beaver makes me laugh ten times harder. That guy is such a tool it's ridiculous. I'm glad Nevada actually gives insight instead of going 50.1% and claiming that any kid that goes to another team was lost because that other team cheated. Can't wait for that book to come out :rolleyes:
Not often?

Is Ben Martin starting for you guys yet or is he still on the bench? How did Fred Davis' career turn out at Ohio State? Have you been as impressed with Kevin Koger as I have? Don't worry if Pryor goes down this year, Tajh Boyd is ready to step in. I bet Illinois is pissed that they couldn't pry Cordale Scott away from the Bucks. I'd like to hear how Josh Jenkins has been progressing. I know nevada wasn't as confident with Marlon Brown as the previous guys I mentioned, but at least you guys signed him, right? Who is your defensive coordinator? I thought it was Jim Heacock but nevada said he wasn't getting the job.

I don't buy the stuff about "nevada only calls a commit when they tell the staff they intend to." Does almost every single commit tell the staff they are going to commit well before they actually do? No way all those kids that I listed above all told the staff they were going to commit, but didn't. That's too many of them. I didn't say he was flipping coins, I said he isn't some diety like Buckeye fans think he is.

TJB called 20 of our 22 commits last year. The only ones that "surprised" him were Bell and Toussaint. Don't give me this ******** that he doesn't make predictions. "50.1%" is no different than "===," except apparantly "50.1%" is more accurate.

First of all, TJB was pretty much the only insider who stuck to the "we aren't getting Pryor" opinion, even if he wasn't that blunt about it. He kept telling everyone not to get their hopes up. Just because people didn't want to believe him, doesn't make it his fault. Second of all, if by any you mean one than I agree with you. He made one statement in jest that he probably shouldn't have, but no one's perfect. Well, other than anyone associated with Ohio State that is... At least TJB doesn't take things written on other pay boards and post them onto his own.

Honestly though, nevada is a quality insider who gives you guys good information more times than not. Many Michigan fans just get agitated with Buckeye fans that treat him as a god-like figure and come up with absurd excuses whenever he's wrong. I don't have a problem with nevada, just the way some of you guys portray him. What I said in response to Hines' post was in jest. Not surprisingly though, like most Buckeye fans, you had to get your panties in a buch just because someone didn't fawn all over someone associated with the school.

keylime_5
09-09-2009, 03:18 PM
nevada didnt say we were gonna get Jenkins last year, at least from the beginning of January he didnt. Cordale and Tajh he missed, both pretty well documented cases of those guys telling everyone including the staffs they'd sign with OSU. Nevada is plugged in, he knows what he's talking about, doesnt always keep it to himself. He comes out with stuff about the team or recruiting or even some offtopic things before anyone else.

HindSight
09-09-2009, 03:22 PM
If what I posted was getting my panties in a bunch....what do you call that?

You listed 8 guys that nevada apparently got wrong. I don't know if he even called them all, but pretending he did...what do you think that percentage is? I'll give you a hint.....it's not 50.000000000000000000000000000000000001%.

If you think Beaver only pulled the "Michigan can't compete financially" crap one time then you don't pay very good attention to his garbage.......which is actually a plus for you.

I don't pay for any info, and I don't lap at Nevada's nuts....but when he's confident enough to say somebody is going to be a Buckeye, his track record is good enough for me to believe it.

If you and the Penn State fans want to run around and think he claims every kid with an OSU offer is going to commit, go right ahead. I'll just laugh at the stupidity of comments like 'Nevada assumes anyone with high interest is a lock to commit'. Nobody worth anything thinks like that, despite what you two ridiculous fanbases want to claim.

Sniper
09-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Is Ben Martin starting for you guys yet or is he still on the bench? How did Fred Davis' career turn out at Ohio State? Have you been as impressed with Kevin Koger as I have? Don't worry if Pryor goes down this year, Tajh Boyd is ready to step in. I bet Illinois is pissed that they couldn't pry Cordale Scott away from the Bucks. I'd like to hear how Josh Jenkins has been progressing. I know nevada wasn't as confident with Marlon Brown as the previous guys I mentioned, but at least you guys signed him, right? Who is your defensive coordinator? I thought it was Jim Heacock but nevada said he wasn't getting the job.

I laughed. A lot.

======================

HindSight
09-09-2009, 03:44 PM
You would.

Sniper
09-09-2009, 03:47 PM
You would.

Yes, yes I would, BN27.

JoeyJr09
09-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I'd be shocked if it sticks.

From what I'm hearing, I wouldn't be shocked if it sticks.

CashmoneyDrew
09-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Four star WR Ted Meline from Miami commits to the Vols.

DoughBoy
09-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Damn Kiffin can recruit.

JFLO
09-10-2009, 08:16 AM

Hasn't Meline played like two games in the past two seasons?

YAYareaRB
09-10-2009, 11:57 AM
The only thing that stopped Roberson from committing earlier was the mention of possibly playing fullback. Roberson said that after seeing how Jonas Gray and James Aldridge were used against Nevada, he has no apprehension about playing fullback if asked.

So are the FBs being used as Owen Schmitt was at WV?

JoeyJr09
09-10-2009, 04:53 PM

He's from Broward he just transferred to BTW this season but he's played in Broward his entire life before that.

Anyways he's a solid pickup. Not worthy of being a 4* but certainly should be a solid 3* 5.7 type. He's very much like Xavier Rhodes who went to FSU last year.

wicket
09-10-2009, 04:58 PM
So are the FBs being used as Owen Schmitt was at WV?

bit like peyton hillis in arkansas, if you go back further raeshon powers-neill at ND.
Carry the rock a few times, receive the ball out of the backfield. basicly block sometimes but not all the time at all

BigJohn98
09-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Keylime, is Ohio State gunna take Carlos Hyde?

keylime_5
09-10-2009, 07:41 PM
They would if he would get his grades straight at JUCO....but they say that he's way out of shape (flubber man) and doesn't sound like he's being very serious. So it doesn't sound like he's gonna wind up here in the end.

ToldLikeItIs
09-10-2009, 07:54 PM
Will no one post about Bj Lowery?

keylime_5
09-11-2009, 11:13 AM
It is unconfirmed, but the talk is that LaTwan Anderson got his OSU offer.

JFLO
09-11-2009, 01:36 PM
It is unconfirmed, but the talk is that LaTwan Anderson got his OSU offer.

Sweet...I'm starting to turn into a big fan of his. He is such a physical player while still being extremely athletic. I would love to see him in the secondary for the Bucks next year, either at corner or safety.

keylime_5
09-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Confirmed offer to LaTwan Anderson now.

BigJohn98
09-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Damien Jacobs to FSU.

JayP
09-11-2009, 07:55 PM
bit like peyton hillis in arkansas, if you go back further raeshon powers-neill at ND.
Carry the rock a few times, receive the ball out of the backfield. basicly block sometimes but not all the time at all

Yup. To expand on it further, a FB in ND's system has the possibility to get 10-12 touches in a game if they have a rounded skillset (can run and catch). For big tweener RBs, that has to be appealing.

BamaFalcon59
09-11-2009, 08:24 PM
If/ when Zach Zwinak commits to VT he will be a beast. Start at fullback as a sophmore and get some carries, then get a lot of time in single back sets once Darren Evans leaves.

Most powerful back in the country. Reportedly up to 6'3" 245. Wow!

Hines
09-12-2009, 12:35 AM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/fong_hopewell06_500.jpg

I want that kid, bad. He could be more hyped than Pryor was coming out of the WPIAL.

gstock05
09-12-2009, 01:19 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/futuresteeler86/fong_hopewell06_500.jpg

I want that kid, bad. He could be more hyped than Pryor was coming out of the WPIAL.

Not possible. I don't think it's possible to receive more hype than pryor did.

Hines
09-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Not possible. I don't think it's possible to receive more hype than pryor did.

Pryor was just an attention *****. It sucks that Shell's favorite player happens to be Pryor.

Sniper
09-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Pryor was just an attention *****. It sucks that Shell's favorite player happens to be Pryor.

Pryor was Rivals' #1 recruit was before he delayed his announcement. Don't be dumb. 6'6", 230 lbs QBs who run 4.4s and have a strong arm (not accurate, but he can throw) get hyped to the moon.

Hines
09-12-2009, 02:52 PM
Pryor was Rivals' #1 recruit was before he delayed his announcement. Don't be dumb. 6'6", 230 lbs QBs who run 4.4s and have a strong arm (not accurate, but he can throw) get hyped to the moon.

Yeah, I know. I just really like Shell's potential. Being compared to Tony Dorsett. This time, I think Penn State has a real good shot if OSU doesn't get him.

keylime_5
09-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I hear 2011 safety Jeremy Cash to Ohio State before long B)

ToldLikeItIs
09-12-2009, 07:51 PM
Average game against arguably the 2nd best team in Maryland.

Iowa commit Marcus Coker goes for 392 yards and 5 tds.

http://www.explorebaltimorecounty.com/sports/101556/gildem/

kwilk103
09-12-2009, 08:46 PM
s travis bell and wr darius millines commit to wvu

JoeyJr09
09-12-2009, 08:59 PM
s travis bell and wr darius millines commit to wvu

Bell had been a silent for awhile if I'm not mistaken and Millines was pretty much a given once Miami and UF passed.

Good pickups tho. Solid players. Just not surprising to see them finally commit to WVU.

Goober Man
09-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Michigan should expect good news from Aramide Olanyian sometime soon after watching the Michigan and Notre Dame game on a unoffical visit. :D

Sniper
09-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Michigan should expect good news from Aramide Olanyian sometime soon after watching the Michigan and Notre Dame game on a unoffical visit. :D

Seriously? That'd be awesome.

kwilk103
09-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Bell had been a silent for awhile if I'm not mistaken and Millines was pretty much a given once Miami and UF passed.

Good pickups tho. Solid players. Just not surprising to see them finally commit to WVU.

yea, we've known about bell

he was supposed to committ on his birthday (which was a couple days ago), but i guess waited

P-L
09-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Hopefully Josh Furman liked what he saw. We are in pretty good position for him but it looks like there is still a bit of ground to make up.

BamaFalcon59
09-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Hopefully Josh Furman liked what he saw. We are in pretty good position for him but it looks like there is still a bit of ground to make up.

VT feels pretty good about him. He loves the rover position, it is perfect for him. The whip position is an excellent spot for him as well.

Excellent athlete.

JFLO
09-13-2009, 09:28 AM
I saw Jordan Hicks on the way to the game last night...I couldn't spot Seantrel (you wouldn't think it would be too hard).

I think Hicks is bigger than he is listed. He's definitely all of 6'2" but it looked like he was a little bigger than 210. Maybe 220 range.

Hines
09-13-2009, 09:43 AM

I've been high on Furman since I saw his film. I really like the kid. I wished Penn State would look at him, but I think I saw somewhere that said he wanted to play RB in college. Don't quote me, though. Kid is a beast and will be a huge get for any school that gets him. If Penn State doesn't go land him, I hope we goes to Pitt.

Goober Man
09-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Seriously? That'd be awesome.

Correction...my bad for being a bit exicted. He said he'll have to talk things over with his parents (I took it like he was going to commit soon.) And then he said he'll plan on taking a offical visit with his parents in December (Hopefully he'll be commited to Michigan by then.)

Sniper
09-13-2009, 01:42 PM
PA RB Corey Brown commits to Ohio State. I guess the Buckeyes were able to make up ground on the fact that WVU was his favorite team growing up. :rolleyes:

kwilk103
09-13-2009, 01:51 PM
PA RB Corey Brown commits to Ohio State. I guess the Buckeyes were able to make up ground on the fact that WVU was his favorite team growing up. :rolleyes:

he wants to play with a good qb :)

Sniper
09-13-2009, 01:52 PM
he wants to play with a good qb :)

So why Ohio State?

kwilk103
09-13-2009, 01:54 PM
So why Ohio State?

sarcasm????

Sniper
09-13-2009, 01:57 PM
sarcasm????

Doesn't pick up well. My bad.

kwilk103
09-13-2009, 02:05 PM
surprised our resident buckeye expert has posted in the pryors isnt a qb thread:)

keylime_5
09-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Braxton Miller will probably be throwing the ball by the time Corey gets on the field that much.

Jonny
09-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Congrats on Brown. Really wanted him at RU.

bearsfan_51
09-13-2009, 04:59 PM
From a very reliable Minnesota recruiting source:
I ran into Ethan Grant last night. He and Victor Keise were together and walking out of the stadium. He said he absolutely loved his visit, couldn't of hoped for anything more. When I asked him if he commited, or was going to commit, he said no - he was sticking to his orginal gameplan to take all of his visits (which I really respect), and then make his decision. He is going to be in town until Monday, so the extended visit is also a good sign. He just seems like a great kid, just like Vic - well spoken, polite, not full of himself, just a good kid.

I'm no expert or mind-reader, but I think the odds that he comes here are better than him not commiting to the U.
Grant would be a great get for this class.

bearsfan_51
09-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I've heard the same things about Dontae Williams and Beau Allen. It looks like last night with the new stadium made a great impression on the recruits who came.

Hines
09-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Wow, Corey Miller, Brandon Willis, and Demarco Cobbs to the Vols. Wow.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-13-2009, 08:18 PM
DeMarco Cobbs to Tennessee. didn't see that coming.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=2633&page=briefingroom&season=2010&id=11750&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school%3fschoolId%3d2633%26page%3dbriefingroom%26s eason%3d2010%26id%3d11750

future LSU WR and he's just a sophomore right here.

wirDJhH3oaY

P-L
09-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Who are the other three commits that they picked up this weekend?

CashmoneyDrew
09-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Wow, Corey Miller, Brandon Willis, and Demarco Cobbs to the Vols. Wow.

DeMarco Cobbs to Tennessee. didn't see that coming.

Yeah, we've led for Cobbs for a while. Wasn't expecting the other two at all though. I thought they were FSU leans at this point. We're probably done with D-line and WR commits now. This leaves us with only 7 spots left and we're just now half way through September.

TitanHope
09-14-2009, 09:04 AM
After the commits from Miller, Willis, and Cobbs, the Vols are now 7th on Rivals and 3rd on Scout. Tennessee climbed 4 spots on Rivals. Not sure about Scout, but it may have been larger considering they have Cobbs and Willis as 5*'s.

EDIT: Vols are now ranked 4th on Rivals after they added Cobbs late.

Sniper
09-14-2009, 09:18 AM
Who are the other three commits that they picked up this weekend?

No idea, but I think Will Hagerup could be one.

JFLO
09-14-2009, 09:45 AM
I wonder what kind of promises and persuasion that Lane Kiffin is making to these recruits. I'm not trying to knock the guy, but you don't see new coaches come in all the time and reel in these kind of players that quickly.

Sniper
09-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I wonder what kind of promises and persuasion that Lane Kiffin is making to these recruits. I'm not trying to knock the guy, but you don't see new coaches come in all the time and reel in these kind of players that quickly.

Um, yeah, you do.

JFLO
09-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Um, yeah, you do.

No, I don't. I mean, I just got into recruiting about two or three years ago and I don't think I've seen a coach be as successful this early than Kiffin. Rich Rod was successful, but that was because he was implementing a new system and he has a ton of players commit.

Randy Shannon had early success, but that was Miami (FL). I guess Tennessee has the same reason (tradition) but its Lane Kiffin.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but when he was hired, I really didn't expect a lot of high-caliber players to commit to the Vols that early.

CashmoneyDrew
09-14-2009, 10:50 AM
No, I don't. I mean, I just got into recruiting about two or three years ago and I don't think I've seen a coach be as successful this early than Kiffin. Rich Rod was successful, but that was because he was implementing a new system and he has a ton of players commit.

Randy Shannon had early success, but that was Miami (FL). I guess Tennessee has the same reason (tradition) but its Lane Kiffin.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but when he was hired, I really didn't expect a lot of high-caliber players to commit to the Vols that early.

Look at the staff itself.
Lane Kiffin- He's young, confident, and has a plan. He had pretty good success at USC and he is a tireless recruiter.
Eddie Gran- Could be the best recruiter on the staff. Has tons of connections in talent rich states, is a great guy by all accounts that recruits trust, and he's coached the likes of Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, and Deuce McCallister.
Ed Orgeron- Monster recruiter and tireless worker. All that success Ole Miss had last year and will have this year is due to Orgeron's players. Not to mention he is one of the best defensive line coaches in the nation.
Monte Kiffin- Hasn't been in college football for a while, but you know kids know he's one of the greatest defensive coordinators of all time.
Then you have guys like David Reaves and Lance Thompson and Willie Mack Garza who have all had good success in college in the past. Then you throw in the fact that we have Neyland, top notch facilities, we can promise early playing time right now, we're in the SEC, and Tennessee is a solid school education wise (solid, not great, but a good public school education). Those are all great reasons why recruits would want to play for us.
We have an excellent recruiting staff from top to bottom and I think we'll find out sooner rather than later that they are good game day coaches too. Once they get a QB and an offensive line that is.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah, we've led for Cobbs for a while. Wasn't expecting the other two at all though. I thought they were FSU leans at this point. We're probably done with D-line and WR commits now. This leaves us with only 7 spots left and we're just now half way through September.

well what i think now is that they were all silent and since UT needed some good pub after a tough loss Kiffin asked them to verbally commit. JMO of course.

CashmoneyDrew
09-14-2009, 11:01 AM
well what i think now is that they were all silent and since UT needed some good pub after a tough loss Kiffin asked them to verbally commit. JMO of course.

Yeah, some people have speculated about that too. At least for Cobbs. But when asked if he was a silent to Tennessee he said no but at one point he was a silent to USC.
To be honest, once Meline had committed we were only going to take one more WR. So I think he hurried up and grabbed that last spot after Kenny Stills visited this weekend and had a great time.

JRTPlaya21
09-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Wow excellent pickups for the Vols.

Hines
09-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Wow, Zach Zwinak to Penn State. I am very, very surprised. I thought he was all Va Tech. Excellent pickup for Penn State.

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/899033.html

DoWnThEfiElD
09-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Mich guys is it just me or have things been real quiet recruiting-wise lately??

superman8456
09-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Wow, Zach Zwinak to Penn State. I am very, very surprised. I thought he was all Va Tech. Excellent pickup for Penn State.

Good pickup.

BamaFalcon59
09-14-2009, 06:45 PM

As did we =/.

Great pickup.

katnip
09-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Is Jackari Gore a 'Canes commit?

CashmoneyDrew
09-14-2009, 07:19 PM

No...........

JoeyJr09
09-14-2009, 08:21 PM

Still with this crap?

For the 84902317983275982th time. Jahkari Gore will never get a scholarship offer from Miami. Never.

If he wants to be part of this team, he better find a way to walk on.

sbh15
09-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Any news on Florida? I've lost interest in the recruiting world recently.

bearsfan_51
09-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Sounds like the Ethan Grant switch from Oregon to Minnesota is the real deal.I am still committed to Oregon, but I just didn't like how they played and how they acted in the Boise St game. I am not about that kind of stuff and I am looking to play for a program that is well handled. We'll see if I can switch this weekend."

keylime_5
09-14-2009, 10:49 PM
Braxton Miller let the cat out of the bag for the Glenville safety duo. I bet they're not too happy he did that, haha. Said they told him on Sat. they were gonna commit to the coaches on Sunday. I know, huge shock right?

BigJohn98
09-15-2009, 04:14 AM
Marcus Lattimore says FSU is now back in the picture, and will take his official for the FSU-Georgia Tech game.

cdub11
09-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Jackson Jeffcoat visiting Texas this weekend

MaxV
09-15-2009, 09:40 AM

Great surprise. He and Redd could make a heck of a Thunder/Lightning combo.

Although, ZZ's commitment could mean that Redd's future with the Lions is as a CB, where there might be a bigger need.

JoeyJr09
09-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Marcus Lattimore says FSU is now back in the picture, and will take his official for the FSU-Georgia Tech game.

Too late at this point IMO.

Your chaces at Lattimore went out the window when Miller and Willis left to UT.

And your chances weren't very good to begin with. I can't see how Lattimore doesn't end up with USCe.

wicket
09-15-2009, 10:36 AM
Too late at this point IMO.

Your chaces at Lattimore went out the window when Miller and Willis left to UT.

And your chances weren't very good to begin with. I can't see how Lattimore doesn't end up with USCe.

maybe he doesnt like miller and willis, it is odd to say a team is back in it when another guy from your team just decommitted from there. could be coincidence but maybe not?

Hines
09-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Great surprise. He and Redd could make a heck of a Thunder/Lighting combo.

Although, ZZ's commitment could mean that Redd's future with the Lions is as a CB, where there might be a bigger need.

I am more excited to see Curtis Dukes and ZZ back there.

katnip
09-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Who's that canes commit on the the canes rivals front page? Says he's an athlete

Sniper
09-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Who's that canes commit on the the canes rivals front page? Says he's an athlete

Andrew Tallman looks to be the name.

6-6, 250 pounds, listed as an OT on Scout.

Don Vito
09-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Shakim Phillips to BC, wow. Good for the Iggles.

As for Tallaman, BC loses another local kid to a big name program. Mass is starting to put out some national recruits and BC needs to work on keeping them in state.

Tallaman was being looked at as a TE/DE by a lot of schools.

JoeyJr09
09-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Andrew Tallman looks to be the name.

6-6, 250 pounds, listed as an OT on Scout.

Gonna play TE for Miami.

Hines
09-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Shakim Phillips to BC, wow. Good for the Iggles.

As for Tallaman, BC loses another local kid to a big name program. Mass is starting to put out some national recruits and BC needs to work on keeping them in state.

Tallaman was being looked at as a TE/DE by a lot of schools.

Good pickup for them. Pitt fans thought he was going there.

Jonny
09-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Phillips is the most overrated player in the country. Another Mike Farrell special.

Ward
09-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Jackson Jeffcoat visiting Texas this weekend

Keep us updated.