PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

ToldLikeItIs
09-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Shakim Phillips is going to be a lot like Damian Williams.

BigJohn98
09-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Did I miss something? Why are Vol fans so confident with Jeff Luc? 90% of Vol fans on Rivals think they get him.

CashmoneyDrew
09-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Did I miss something? Why are Vol fans so confident with Jeff Luc? 90% of Vol fans on Rivals think they get him.

It's not 90%. But a lot do. That's just how those guys roll for some reason these days. Kiffin has them confident. I'd say we're running 3rd or 4th right now for his services.

Hines
09-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Anthony Gonzalez to Pitt. I bet Pitt fans fail to realize that the only reason why he went to Pitt is because Florida State got another QB commit. Good pickup, nonetheless.

703SKINS202
09-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Florida guys, what are WVU's chances on getting Matt Elam to switch his commitment?

BigJohn98
09-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Florida guys, what are WVU's chances on getting Matt Elam to switch his commitment?

Very little.

JFLO
09-16-2009, 01:07 PM
Very little.

I doubt Elam, Dorsey or Dowling change their commits. I think Elam and Dowling both stay at safety while Dorsey could play either corner or receiver. Now, if for some reason, Lamarcus Joyner surprises some people and picks the Gators, then we might see a change.

703SKINS202
09-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Very little.
How solid is he? Like % that he will stay at Florida, I'm just asking because I know Elam really enjoyed his visit and said he is still considering WVU but I also heard Meyer has it down real good with Elam and it will be hard for us to pry him away.

JFLO
09-16-2009, 03:08 PM
How solid is he? Like % that he will stay at Florida, I'm just asking because I know Elam really enjoyed his visit and said he is still considering WVU but I also heard Meyer has it down real good with Elam and it will be hard for us to pry him away.

I would say like 80-85 percent that he remains a Gator...

It could be less because it's only September and NSD is in February, so....

BigJohn98
09-16-2009, 03:38 PM

I'd say 85%, like JFLO said. He's been commited for almost a year now. Doubtful that he switches.

703SKINS202
09-16-2009, 03:59 PM
I'd say 85%, like JFLO said. He's been commited for almost a year now. Doubtful that he switches.
Ok, thanks.

sbh15
09-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Elam is more like a 95% chance that he'll stay at Florida. His family has a fantastic relationship with Urban Meyer.

CashmoneyDrew
09-16-2009, 04:04 PM

To add to this, this was just posted on Volnation via someone on Volquest......

per Luc's brother who posts on warchant

he said that Jeff loves FSU, but is worried about their depth. If depth wasn't an issue, he would have already committed to FSU. Doesn't think FL is in this race because Luc is worried about Charlie Strong leaving for a Head Coach job after this year. His brother told FSU fans that there is genuine interest in UT and that playing time has been sold. TIFWIW Im not saying we get Luc, but apparently there is genuine interest

Take that for what it's worth.

BigJohn98
09-16-2009, 06:42 PM
To add to this, this was just posted on Volnation via someone on Volquest......

Take that for what it's worth.

Depth? We have NO depth. We have all of about two middle linebackers right now. We're having to cross train multiple people at MLB. IDK what his brother is talking about.

Don Vito
09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
Michigan and Ole Miss are on top for Hollywood, FL CB Tony Grimes.

jballa838
09-16-2009, 09:15 PM
UW Just signed Deontae Cooper.

and hopefully Jordon James comes here too.

OregonDucks
09-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Sounds like the Ethan Grant switch from Oregon to Minnesota is the real deal.

Thats ********. Cause blount does this he leaves the school? What a douche. Its one player doing that and we suspended him the whole season, WE ARE NOT ABOUT THAT EITHER ETHAN DOUCHBAG GRANT. I HOPE YOU SUCKS AT MINNESOTA!

BigJohn98
09-17-2009, 04:24 AM
Thats ********. Cause blount does this he leaves the school? What a douche. Its one player doing that and we suspended him the whole season, WE ARE NOT ABOUT THAT EITHER ETHAN DOUCHBAG GRANT. I HOPE YOU SUCKS AT MINNESOTA!

That's good. Hoping a kid fails because he didn't go to your school. Classy.

Hollywood
09-17-2009, 09:10 AM

What's the story? I hope Oregon does lose recruits for overreacting and ruing Blount's career. I wouldn't go there if I was high school recruit because of it.

JoeyJr09
09-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Luc told FSU to hold a spot for him a long time ago. And his brother goes to FSU.

UF has long been out of the picture.

His heart is in Miami as he grew up a die hard Cane fan but his momma won't let him come here.

Only way he doesn't go to FSU is if momma changes her mind and gives in to Miami.

But he ain't leaving the state.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-17-2009, 10:35 AM

http://www.bumperstickerz.com/images/10000232-00-00-00-00_lg.png

His heart is in Miami as he grew up a die hard Cane fan but his momma won't let him come here.

i never understood this.

draftguru151
09-17-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm pretty sure his family was close to Bryan Pata's family. They used to leave in Miami but moved away. Mom doesn't feel Miami is safe.

OregonDucks
09-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Well he says hes not about the stuff that blount did. Well thats not our university is either. I dunno why I am so worried about hes just a little 3 star guy.

OregonDucks
09-17-2009, 12:23 PM
We'll get lattimore after he visits uo anyway.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Well he says hes not about the stuff that blount did. Well thats not our university is either. I dunno why I am so worried about hes just a little 3 star guy.
Jacob Hester was a Little 2 star guy" who single handedly beat Florida in 2007 in the 4th quarter..stars are overrated.

OregonDucks
09-17-2009, 12:36 PM
I understand that saints4lyfe but its beats losing a 5 star recruit.

CLong4Heisman
09-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Shakim Phillips is going to be a lot like Damian Williams.

Going to transfer from an average school to a powerhouse and go from virtually unknown to future 1st round draft pick when he does leave?

FUNBUNCHER
09-17-2009, 01:09 PM
What's the story? I hope Oregon does lose recruits for overreacting and ruing Blount's career. I wouldn't go there if I was high school recruit because of it.

Blount was a repeat offender, this wasn't his first incident at Oregon, it's just that previous incidents didn't happen on game days.

It would be idiotic for any recruit to show more loyalty to a suspended player who basically suspended himself for being a dumba@@ rockhead than the actual coach or football program.:confused:

OregonDucks
09-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Blount was a repeat offender, this wasn't his first incident at Oregon, it's just that previous incidents didn't happen on game days.

It would be idiotic for any recruit to show more loyalty to a suspended player who basically suspended himself for being a dumba@@ rockhead than the actual coach or football program.:confused:

I agree 100% with you funbuncher.

Sniper
09-17-2009, 01:50 PM
http://bwi.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=989992&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

In a bit of a surprise, MI DE C.J Olaniyan verbals to Penn State.

MaxV
09-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Very good addition. I was hoping Penn State would get another talented DE out of this class.

Now, I hope they can add a CB, although I don't see any that they are in on.

Hines
09-17-2009, 02:36 PM
http://bwi.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=989992&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

In a bit of a surprise, MI DE C.J Olaniyan verbals to Penn State.

I thought he was staying in state at Michigan State. Great pickup. Next up, Fortt and Dominique Easley.

Sniper
09-17-2009, 02:37 PM
I thought he was staying in state at Michigan State. Great pickup. Next up, Fortt and Dominique Easley.

Spartan fans are claiming MSU pulled his offer.

Hines
Very good addition. I was hoping Penn State would get another talented DE out of this class.

Now, I hope they can add a CB, although I don't see any that they are in on.

We're actually going after Terrell Chestnut for next season. Kid is a stud that could play multiple positions in college, but we are recruiting him to play corner. Cousin is Brent Carter.

Hines
Spartan fans are claiming MSU pulled his offer.

Why would they? Kid is a stud. Didn't they say they did the same to Robert Bolden, too?

Sniper
09-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Why would they? Kid is a stud. Didn't they say they did the same to Robert Bolden, too?

Yes.

http://www.spartantailgate.com/forums/duffy-daugherty-msu-football-recruiting-forum/363460-10-mi-de-c-j-olaniyan-msu-offer-13.html

Hines
09-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Yes.

http://www.spartantailgate.com/forums/duffy-daugherty-msu-football-recruiting-forum/363460-10-mi-de-c-j-olaniyan-msu-offer-13.html

I think they are just in denial that they got outrecruited for two kids in their backyard by a Big Ten foe.

Sniper
09-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I think they are just in denial that they got outrecruited for two kids in their backyard by a Big Ten foe.

Nonsense. They just didn't really want these kids. They'll tell you Joe Boisture was their #1 QB target all along, and Taylor Cacero or whatever his name is was their #2 DE target after Gholston.

Sniper
09-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Going to transfer from an average school to a powerhouse and go from virtually unknown to future 1st round draft pick when he does leave?

Williams was a 4* recruit with offers from Texas, Florida, Michigan and others. He was second in catches and yards for Arkansas as a true freshman. Hardly unknown.

Hines
09-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Nonsense. They just didn't really want these kids. They'll tell you Joe Boisture was their #1 QB target all along, and Taylor Cacero or whatever his name is was their #2 DE target after Gholston.

Whatever makes them sleep better at night, I guess.

Hollywood
09-17-2009, 03:05 PM

Not a matter of loyalty, it's just a matter of safety. A recruit could be thinking 'man if I screw up in the heat of the moment on the football field instead of getting a fair punishment they might suspend me for my entire last season of college football, thus greatly affecting my future status as an NFL player.'

At least that is what I would think.

bearsfan_51
09-17-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm pretty sure Grant's comments were in the direction of the lack of discipline at Oregon, not the harsh penalty.

To act like Blount is the first bad apple at Oregon is just silly too.

TitanHope
09-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Depth? We have NO depth. We have all of about two middle linebackers right now. We're having to cross train multiple people at MLB. IDK what his brother is talking about.

Yeah, but we have looser womanz. ;)

srv fan
09-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm pretty sure Grant's comments were in the direction of the lack of discipline at Oregon, not the harsh penalty.

To act like Blount is the first bad apple at Oregon is just silly too.

Spot on. There are rumblings that Chip Kelly really doesn't have much control over the team and its behavior.

I'm pretty sure his family was close to Bryan Pata's family. They used to leave in Miami but moved away. Mom doesn't feel Miami is safe.

This isn't a shot at Miami (the school), but isn't that a pretty fair assessment of Miami (the city)? For as much as UM has cleaned up their act since the days of Uncle Luke and camo pants (and I do believe they have), my impression is that the Miami metropolitan area is still quite dangerous, even for a big city. Not Detroit or Memphis level bad, but enough where safety concerns are a legitimate reason in deciding whether to live there.

Hollywood
09-17-2009, 03:52 PM
This isn't a shot at Miami (the school), but isn't that a pretty fair assessment of Miami (the city)? For as much as UM has cleaned up their act since the days of Uncle Luke and camo pants (and I do believe they have), my impression is that the Miami metropolitan area is still quite dangerous, even for a big city. Not Detroit or Memphis level bad, but enough where safety concerns are a legitimate reason in deciding whether to live there.

Not at all. Just like any city it has its 'bad' areas but no worse than some places Tallahassee and even Gainesville. Also, the campus is NOT in Miami, it's in the very safe, upscale neighborhood of Coral Gables.

keylime_5
09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
a certain corner from south florida said ohio state is now his leader.

(....days after the USC visit of course fwiw)

JoeyJr09
09-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Spot on. There are rumblings that Chip Kelly really doesn't have much control over the team and its behavior.

Well the school and campus is in one of the nicest and richest areas of Miami. So unless your an idiot and go driving thru Liberty City or Ghoulds then you shouldnt have a problem.

Like already mentioned, stick to the campus, the city of Coral Gables and the regular residential parts of Miami and you won't have any problems. But if you wanna go drive thru the hood then yea you'll find issues. But you can find the hood pretty much anywhere.

The city of Miami isn't the bad place it's made out to be. I've lived here all my life and have never had a problem with crime or drugs or any of the sort. But then again, I don't go hang out in Liberty City either.

Sure it's not as safe as some middle of nowhere college town. But it's not hard to stay safe and out of trouble in Miami if your smart about where you go and what you do.

BigJohn98
09-18-2009, 08:43 AM
a certain corner from south florida said ohio state is now his leader.

(....days after the USC visit of course fwiw)

He's playing games. He hasn't really been honest in any updates.

JoeyJr09
09-18-2009, 04:46 PM
He's playing games. He hasn't really been honest in any updates.

While I do expect him to end up at FSU. I don't think he's playing games. FSu has looked like crap early and that entire coaching staff could be turned over if/when Bobby leaves at the end of this year or next year. Plus all the off the field situations.

It's really not attractive to go to FSU right now. It already cost you guys Miller and Willis and it's got Joyner thinking.

duckseason
09-18-2009, 08:23 PM
Gabe King (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Gabe-King-89934) transferred to South Eugene HS today. No official link yet, but Oregon fans have been talking about it all day. I still think Cal has a great shot at landing him despite this development, but you gotta like our chances with both he and Keenan Allen at this point.

K here's the link-

http://blogs.registerguard.com/cms/index.php/duck-football/comments/uo-recruit-transfers-to-local-high-school/

JoeyJr09
09-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Looking like Cody Riggs switched his silent from UF to UT. Huge pull for them. Could land them Gio Bernard as well. He's making alot of noise about leaving the state suddenly.

Riggs was on Linder to UF so him switching as started to push Linder back to Miami.

CashmoneyDrew
09-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Looking like Cody Riggs switched his silent from UF to UT. Huge pull for them. Could land them Gio Bernard as well. He's making alot of noise about leaving the state suddenly.

Riggs was on Linder to UF so him switching as started to push Linder back to Miami.

Yeah, huge pull for us if true. Hopefully he'd be able to work on Linder for the Vols because we need him badly. He might actually be able to come in and start as a freshman here. Our o-line is in pretty bad shape for next year.

Sniper
09-19-2009, 02:03 PM

Isn't this the third silent verbal he's made?

JoeyJr09
09-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Isn't this the third silent verbal he's made?

2nd. Don't think he ever made one to ND.

UT fans are gonna jump all over me but one guy I know is already telling me that UT has been throwing alot of money at STA which is why Riggs suddenly did a 180 after recruiting Linder for them and why Bernard suddenly did a 180 an suddenly wants to leave Florida after wanting to stay all process. Plus now there's rumors about they getting serious with Linder.

Don't kill the messenger. Just repeating what I was told.

Hollywood
09-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Good use of money by Tennessee...

JFLO
09-19-2009, 04:19 PM
What do you guys think the chances are that Seantrel Henderson actually ends up at Minnesota.

I know some "experts" say that they believe that they are the leader right now, but I only think they say that because Seantrel really hasn't said anything about his recruiting process.

Personally, I would love to see one of the elite recruits end up at a school that doesn't have all the publicity like USC, Florida or Texas.

bearsfan_51
09-19-2009, 04:24 PM
I'd say it's about 25%, probably about 60% to USC, and 15% everyone else.

Unfortunately, Seantrel's Dad has stars in his eyes. He always talks about "us" when referring to Seantrel, and he wants to be in the big spotlight.

TitanHope
09-19-2009, 05:58 PM
2nd. Don't think he ever made one to ND.

UT fans are gonna jump all over me but one guy I know is already telling me that UT has been throwing alot of money at STA which is why Riggs suddenly did a 180 after recruiting Linder for them and why Bernard suddenly did a 180 an suddenly wants to leave Florida after wanting to stay all process. Plus now there's rumors about they getting serious with Linder.

Don't kill the messenger. Just repeating what I was told.

Pardon my ignorance, but what's STA?

draftguru151
09-19-2009, 06:08 PM
St. Thomas Aquinas.

jballa838
09-19-2009, 06:10 PM
I hope we had some SoCal players at Husky today. Instasignings

TitanHope
09-19-2009, 06:12 PM
St. Thomas Aquinas.

Thank ya kindly, sir.

Sniper
09-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I hope we had some SoCal players at Husky today. Instasignings

Unless you can make the first Tuesday of February get here faster, there's no way you signed anyone today.

TitanHope
09-20-2009, 12:00 AM

By the way, where did ya get this info from Joey? I'd jump at the thought of getting another Riggs at Tennessee, but is the source credible enough for me to get excited?

ToldLikeItIs
09-20-2009, 12:03 AM
If UT is paying recruits I wouldn't feel at all happy with the signing as a fan.

ToldLikeItIs
09-20-2009, 12:04 AM
Andre Dawson to Minnesota I'm pretty sure BearsFan.

Iowa made a move with James White.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 12:17 AM
If UT is paying recruits I wouldn't feel at all happy with the signing as a fan.

There's absolutely no proof of anything of that nature other than, "I heard from a guy...."
I'm not gonna destroy anyone for this because as Joey said, he's just repeating what he's heard, but people really need to start giving Tennessee's staff credit. They are loaded from top to bottom on their staff with excellent, and proven recruiters. Add that to all of the other reasons why a recruit would want to play at Tennessee and it makes sense why we've done so well in recruiting under this new staff.
To suggest major violations like that just based on hearsay is probably just laziness and/or bitterness.

ToldLikeItIs
09-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Regardless. If that were true, Joey, even though I'm not big into his "look at me" ego, generally has solid recruiting information, would it make you feel good about the direction of the program despite the indiscretions?

jballa838
09-20-2009, 12:32 AM
Unless you can make the first Tuesday of February get here faster, there's no way you signed anyone today.
instacommits is what I meant to say. we already have 17 or so verbals and a top 15 class, but we still need some DB's and a 4 star running back like Jordon James would be nice. idk why I said signings.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Regardless. If that were true, Joey, even though I'm not big into his "look at me" ego, generally has solid recruiting information, would it make you feel good about the direction of the program despite the indiscretions?

Obviously not. I don't think there's too many people out there that would be happy to find out their school is paying recruits under the table and for obvious reasons. But until there's legit proof or NCAA investigations, which I'm confident there won't be, I'm not going to worry about Internet rumors. Besides, Eddie Gran is the main guy recruiting the STA kids. He's a known class-act and big time on morals and character. In fact, one of STA's coaches came on and posted over at Volnation.com gushing over him. It was basically non-stop about how high character and family values he was. He's not paying recruits or high schools under the table.

ToldLikeItIs
09-20-2009, 12:40 AM
A lot of those "overly religious, horribly family oriented guys" are real weirdos, fwiw.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 01:08 AM
A lot of those "overly religious, horribly family oriented guys" are real weirdos, fwiw.

Sweeping generalizations? Not worth anything in my book. Especially coming from you.
I don't see what's so hard to believe about Tennessee making ground with Cody Riggs. Tennessee's coaches are legit recruiters with a proven body of work. Plus all of the other reasons why it would make great sense for Riggs to go to Tennessee.

Also, I didn't say anything about religion in my post, so don't go there.

ToldLikeItIs
09-20-2009, 01:38 AM
Just saying.

etk
09-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Tennessee's coaches aren't the ones paying recruits FWIW.

You're being really naive VoodooMonkey by taking everything at face value. You really think Tennessee can legitimately and cleanly sign Bryce Brown, Janzen Jackson and Nu'keese Richardson late in the process, then follow it up the next year with 2 or more national recruits from STA among others (Miller/Willis come to mind)? Something smells fishy there...

I don't care how highly you think of UT's staff....Riggs should be headed to UF and Bernard should be a Nole. Linder should be UF/Miami. Only serious $$ could change that.

bearsfan_51
09-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Andre Dawson to Minnesota I'm pretty sure BearsFan.

Iowa made a move with James White.
I would definitely do a happy dance in my pants.

JoeyJr09
09-20-2009, 11:54 AM
By the way, where did ya get this info from Joey? I'd jump at the thought of getting another Riggs at Tennessee, but is the source credible enough for me to get excited?

This is about as creditable a guy as I've been around. He's not perfect and he'll be the 1st to tell you that, but his info is generally reliable.

Do keep in mind tho, this is where things are at now. Things change quickly in the minds of these recruits.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 11:57 AM

You're being really naive VoodooMonkey by taking everything at face value. You really think Tennessee can legitimately and cleanly sign Bryce Brown, Janzen Jackson and Nu'keese Richardson late in the process, then follow it up the next year with 2 or more national recruits from STA among others (Miller/Willis come to mind)? Something smells fishy there...

Yes I do. I don't understand how great recruiting means something smells fishy. If it had been that all of these recruits changed their mind suddenly and that late in the process with Fulmer still as the coach, then yes, that would be a little fishy. But with a whole new talented staff that actually showed great interest in them it's not fishy to me at all. Why wouldn't top recruits be interested in Tennessee?

I don't care how highly you think of UT's staff....Riggs should be headed to UF

Based on what? His brother came to Tennessee and he'd be the only corner we take in this class. He changed his mind after an official visit. Not out of the blue. Doesn't smell fishy to me.

and Bernard should be a Nole.

Again, why should he be a Nole? This is recruiting, anything can happen at anytime up until they sign on the dotted line. We're dealing with 16-18 year old kids. Minds get changed all of the time. Dealing with absolutes in recruiting is just a bad idea.

Linder should be UF/Miami.

Again, why? He could possibly start here as freshman. I don't see why he wouldn't have interest in Tennessee.

Only serious $$ could change that.

No. There's plenty of other reasons recruits change their minds all of the time. I think that's just taking the lazy way out to suggest that to be honest.

JoeyJr09
09-20-2009, 12:02 PM
There's absolutely no proof of anything of that nature other than, "I heard from a guy...."
I'm not gonna destroy anyone for this because as Joey said, he's just repeating what he's heard, but people really need to start giving Tennessee's staff credit. They are loaded from top to bottom on their staff with excellent, and proven recruiters. Add that to all of the other reasons why a recruit would want to play at Tennessee and it makes sense why we've done so well in recruiting under this new staff.
To suggest major violations like that just based on hearsay is probably just laziness and/or bitterness.

Not to rain on the parade, but it's actually been multiple guys. And while I don't know any of them personally I can vouch that the info they give me is usually pretty good stuff.

The recruiters and coaches aren't who is paying these kids for UT. Those guys still have to get the kids to campus. It's the boosters that do the paying. Notice that Willis and Miller switched right after a trip. Bryce, Nu'Kuesse and Janzen Jackson all had recent vists right before they switched last year. Riggs also suddenly switched from UF after a visit.

Proof will never come out because all schools do this. UT is just the biggest offender ATM so they are the ones getting the bad rep, but you can't ignore all the signs. I'm sure at some point, UT will start producing more on the field and Kiffin and the program will sell itself so that they don't have to throw around the money as much as they are now. But in the meantime, this is the quickest way to turn that team around.

Just saying, usually when there's smoke, there's fire. I've personally had too many reliable people tell me it's true to not believe it.

JoeyJr09
09-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Yes I do. I don't understand how great recruiting means something smells fishy. If it had been that all of these recruits changed their mind suddenly and that late in the process with Fulmer still as the coach, then yes, that would be a little fishy. But with a whole new talented staff that actually showed great interest in them it's not fishy to me at all. Why wouldn't top recruits be interested in Tennessee?

Based on what? His brother came to Tennessee and he'd be the only corner we take in this class. He changed his mind after an official visit. Not out of the blue. Doesn't smell fishy to me.

Again, why should he be a Nole? This is recruiting, anything can happen at anytime up until they sign on the dotted line. We're dealing with 16-18 year old kids. Minds get changed all of the time. Dealing with absolutes in recruiting is just a bad idea.

Again, why? He could possibly start here as freshman. I don't see why he wouldn't have interest in Tennessee.

No. There's plenty of other reasons recruits change their minds all of the time. I think that's just taking the lazy way out to suggest that to be honest.

Your doing way too much rationalizing from a UT point of view. Think of it in generalities.

New staff or not, having a few top level recruits from Florida spurn the big 3 for a team that went 3-9 and is from a very Rural environment is not normal. Not even remotely. Schools spend years working STA and the HS coaches there just to get a shot at 1 top kid from there every few years or so. Your gonan tell me UT and Kiffin is that attractive that they can pull 2 from there in his 1st year and be in the mix for another? I's say BS unless something fishy was going on.

Having Richardson and Janzen switch at the last possible second to sign with UT is not normal. Those were 2 top level kids that had been committed to home schools the entire process and switched based off 1 good visit. You can't tell me UT is that nice a school that the kids ignored all their other visits and ties to their home school and decided they couldn't pass up UT. That just doesn't happen.

We all know the Bryce situation with the agent was fishy and Bryce has already had one NCAA investigation before he even got on campus.

Listen, there will never be proof because they things all get swept under the rug but let's not be naive either like these kids from all over the nation are just lining up to go to UT because of Lane Kiffin.

Hollywood
09-20-2009, 01:24 PM

I don't care how highly you think of UT's staff....Riggs should be headed to UF and Bernard should be a Nole. Linder should be UF/Miami. Only serious $$ could change that.

Yea but it's Tennessee! Every boy from South Florida's dream is to one day play football as a Volunteer at THE University of Tennessee.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Your doing way too much rationalizing from a UT point of view. Think of it in generalities.

New staff or not, having a few top level recruits from Florida spurn the big 3 for a team that went 3-9 and is from a very Rural environment is not normal.

We didn't finish 3-9 and Knoxville is far from rural.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree because I think that slinging around accusations like this with zero proof is just irresponsible. Now if anything ever comes of it, surely I will eat my crow. However, I'm certain nothing will come from it.

As for the Bryce Brown situation, that had zero to do with the University and was all about funding for a college trip when he was a sophomore in high school. Not only was it a weak investigation to start, but nothing came of it.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Yea but it's Tennessee! Every boy from South Florida's dream is to one day play football as a Volunteer at THE University of Tennessee.

That was cute. Got any others?

Hollywood
09-20-2009, 01:47 PM
That was cute. Got any others?

Well the point stands though that your university is completely irrelevant in South Florida and there is absolutely no reason for an athlete to go there unless (and it's been going on for YEARS down here) $$$ and street agents are involved, which they are.

Sniper
09-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Well the point stands though that your university is completely irrelevant in South Florida and there is absolutely no reason for an athlete to go there

Besides the NFL-caliber staff and Hall of Fame DC?

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Well the point stands though that your university is completely irrelevant in South Florida and there is absolutely no reason for an athlete to go there unless (and it's been going on for YEARS down here) $$$ and street agents are involved, which they are.

Tennessee has always recruited well in states like Florida, California and Georgia. Hell, we've even done well in Texas. And this was under our old staff as well.
Throw in what Sniper said, add Eddie Gran who has great ties in florida, and then add in the fact that we've been putting up bill boards all over south Florida and that certainly helps, no? Also, our team is probably in the top 5 right now for most talked about programs across the nation in the national media. More so than Miami even and they're in the top 10 rankings. Recruits love the national media attention.

keylime_5
09-20-2009, 01:58 PM
dont knock on tennessee, it's a beautiful state. awesome place to visit. haha

etk
09-20-2009, 02:12 PM

NFL-caliber is a huge boost. Kiffin was a disaster in Oakland.

Monte Kiffin was a great DC but he's way over-the-hill. He hasn't adjusted or adapted in several years and his age has got to him. He's way too conservative. See: Buccaneers collapse 08.

Plus Monte is more of a behind-the-scenes guy. It's not like he develops relationships with the players and bonds with them like Charlie Strong or Bud Foster.

Sniper
09-20-2009, 03:12 PM

My bad. I forgot he was the only coach on the team that has NFL experience. Probably why I said staff, not coach.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 03:36 PM

Yep. He was given a real fair shot there with Al Davis being all sound of mind.

Monte Kiffin was a great DC but he's way over-the-hill. He hasn't adjusted or adapted in several years and his age has got to him. He's way too conservative. See: Buccaneers collapse 08.

Yup, his defense so far at Tennessee reflects this as well.......... :rolleyes:

Plus Monte is more of a behind-the-scenes guy. It's not like he develops relationships with the players and bonds with them like Charlie Strong or Bud Foster.

Not true, all the Vols players talk about Monte and how hands on and involved he has been so far. Not to mention, he already recruits harder than Chavis.

JoeyJr09
09-20-2009, 05:43 PM

This can be said for a few schools. USC, OSU and some others have NFL-Caliber staffs and have spent years hitting the state of Florida without half the results Kiffin has gotten here this year alone.

You can't just sit back and look at that and think it's normal.

Sniper
09-20-2009, 05:45 PM
This can be said for a few schools. USC, OSU and some others have NFL-Caliber staffs and have spent years hitting the state of Florida without half the results Kiffin has gotten here this year alone.

You can't just sit back and look at that and think it's normal.

California and Ohio are nowhere near as close as Tennessee is. For some kids, it can offer the "leaving the state" idea without being too far from home.

JoeyJr09
09-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Tennessee has always recruited well in states like Florida, California and Georgia. Hell, we've even done well in Texas. And this was under our old staff as well.
Throw in what Sniper said, add Eddie Gran who has great ties in florida, and then add in the fact that we've been putting up bill boards all over south Florida and that certainly helps, no? Also, our team is probably in the top 5 right now for most talked about programs across the nation in the national media. More so than Miami even and they're in the top 10 rankings. Recruits love the national media attention.

You think UT is getting more exposure then Miami is right now in the state of Florida? Wow, homerism at it's best. Miami has had 2 Prime Time games already. The VT game this weekend will be on national TV as will the OU game in 2 weeks. That's 4 games on National TV and 2 Prime Time games in the 1st 4 weeks of the season. Add in the Jacory talk everywhere, and the top 10 ranking. UT isn't getting anywhere near the positive exposure in the state of Florida that Miami is getting ATM.

The only reason UT has gotten any exposure is because Kiffin runs his mouth. That's it. Take that away and you wouldn't hear a peep about them right now after a 1-2 start.

BTW.... I love the big deal about damn UT Billboards. Rutgers has been putting them up for years with no results. Kids seeing Billboards of UT has zero impact on the recruitment. I can promise you that.

I just find it crazy that because UT got a new staff with some good recruiters and coaches that suddenly they are gonna go around the nation pulling whoever they want. This isn't USC we are talking about.

Kids from FL don't line up to go to UT because of Monte Kiffin and media hype. Not when UF and Miami have even more hype in state and have 2 pretty good coaching staff's in their own right. UT is the worst of all those program ATM.

JoeyJr09
09-20-2009, 05:57 PM
California and Ohio are nowhere near as close as Tennessee is. For some kids, it can offer the "leaving the state" idea without being too far from home.

It's not like you can drive home from UT. If your from FL, you have to fly whether you go to UT, OSU or USC and the different is only a few hours flight at best.

You think thats the reason UT is doing better this year alone then USC or OSU have done here in the last 3-4 years combined? A few hours flight difference?

What sense does that make?

Sniper
09-20-2009, 06:05 PM
It's not like you can drive home from UT. If your from FL, you have to fly whether you go to UT, OSU or USC and the different is only a few hours flight at best.

You think thats the reason UT is doing better this year alone then USC or OSU have done here in the last 3-4 years combined? A few hours flight difference?

What sense does that make?

Coral Gables, FL to Knoxville, TN- 870 miles
Coral Gables, FL to Columbus, OH- 1,160 miles
Coral Gables, FL to Los Angeles, CA- 2,744 miles

Yeah, no difference at all. :rolleyes: Yeah, I do think proximity has something to do with it. Throw in the fact that nearly everyone on Kiffin's staff has NFL experience, the fact that Tennessee plays in the SEC, the fact that they run a pro-style offense and defense, and the fact that there's always the "new coaching staff recruiting boost", and yeah, it does make sense.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 06:47 PM
You think UT is getting more exposure then Miami is right now in the state of Florida? Wow, homerism at it's best.

No. I said with national media. Not the state of Florida. The whole nation. For example, ESPN, CBS, all of the other major media outlets. But I guess it's cool to just put words in my mouth and call me a homer to get your point across.
:rolleyes:

The only reason UT has gotten any exposure is because Kiffin runs his mouth. That's it. Take that away and you wouldn't hear a peep about them right now after a 1-2 start.

You just stated exactly why Kiffin has "ran his mouth" in your last sentence. He knew that Phil Fulmer was leaving him a dearth of talent so he had to do something to get Tennessee in the headlines for the recruits. He did that. It's showing results.

BTW.... I love the big deal about damn UT Billboards. Rutgers has been putting them up for years with no results. Kids seeing Billboards of UT has zero impact on the recruitment. I can promise you that.

Rutgers isn't anywhere near the program that Tennessee is. I don't see why they are even comparable at this point.

I just find it crazy that because UT got a new staff with some good recruiters and coaches that suddenly they are gonna go around the nation pulling whoever they want. This isn't USC we are talking about.

I find it hard to believe that someone would believe in a rumor of major NCAA violations with absolutely zero proof of it as opposed to all of the other logical reasons as to why a recruit would love to come to Tennessee.

JoeyJr09
09-20-2009, 07:47 PM
No. I said with national media. Not the state of Florida. The whole nation. For example, ESPN, CBS, all of the other major media outlets. But I guess it's cool to just put words in my mouth and call me a homer to get your point across.
:rolleyes:

I didn't put words in our mouth. I distinctly pointed out that Miami has had more National TV Prime Time games and more national tv games overall to this point then Tennessee. There's no debating that Miami's football program has had more national media exposure then UTs. If UT played UF in week 10 instead of week 3, then you wouldn't have even heard about UT right now. I just added to the fact that on top of Miami's program having more national attention right now (for the right reasons I might add), that they also have more local exposure. So Miami trumps UT in the minds of Florida recruits in any type of TV exposure no matter how you wanna spin it right now.

You just stated exactly why Kiffin has "ran his mouth" in your last sentence. He knew that Phil Fulmer was leaving him a dearth of talent so he had to do something to get Tennessee in the headlines for the recruits. He did that. It's showing results.

Butch Davis didn't have to run his mouth when he took over UNC. Randy Shannon didn't have to run his mouth when he took over Miami. Sark over at Washington hasn't run his mouth an still doing the best recruiting Washington has done in years. Kiffin running his mouth has nothing to do with recruiting. It's a cop out by him and by UT fans. If you know what your doing, you can sell your program without all the talking and extra stuff Kiffin has done. Not to mention, he's already had a bunch of recruiting violations.

Rutgers isn't anywhere near the program that Tennessee is. I don't see why they are even comparable at this point.

Your right. Rutgers has been better then UT the last few years and has had a more stable program to sell. They still didn't get results. Still can't believe you think a Billboard has any impact on a recruit when all these teams are on TV all the time to begin with. They know any damn school can go buy a billboard if they want.

I find it hard to believe that someone would believe in a rumor of major NCAA violations with absolutely zero proof of it as opposed to all of the other logical reasons as to why a recruit would love to come to Tennessee.

Just because the reasons are logical does not make them even remotely probable. But you can go ahead and ignore the history of the area and how recruits in the area think if it makes you feel better. BTW... You might think they are rumors. I happen to trust the source and know who he talks to and where he gets his info and I happen to believe it's legit. Not to mention the fact that I've seen it mentioned by other people that I trust and the fact that I've seen writers on Rivals allude to it as well. You know the old saying: Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Responses in bold.

JoeyJr09
09-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Coral Gables, FL to Knoxville, TN- 870 miles
Coral Gables, FL to Columbus, OH- 1,160 miles
Coral Gables, FL to Los Angeles, CA- 2,744 miles

Yeah, no difference at all. :rolleyes: Yeah, I do think proximity has something to do with it. Throw in the fact that nearly everyone on Kiffin's staff has NFL experience, the fact that Tennessee plays in the SEC, the fact that they run a pro-style offense and defense, and the fact that there's always the "new coaching staff recruiting boost", and yeah, it does make sense.

So the difference between TN and OH by plane is exactly 1-2 hours? Huge difference. I can see how the extra hour would make a recruit want to pick UT now. It's so clear to me.

I'm still failing to see how that adds up to UT doing such a good job down here. If UT just landed a couple good recruits from here this year and beat out OSU and USC this year.

I refuse to believe, that being in the SEC, a new staff boost and being a couple hours closer to home suddenly turns Lane Kiffin into this super recruiter that can do more damage recruiting wise in FL in 1 year then big time coaches like Tressel and Carroll can in the last 3-4 years combined. Doesn't add up for me.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Let me ask you this. If Tennessee was paying recruits, why did we not get a QB that we so desperately needed in the 09 class? Why did we struggle for so long to get one in the 2010 class? How about offensive lineman as well for both of these classes? Don't you think if we were paying recruits we'd probably pay to get a top flight QB or o-lineman first which are obviously our two biggest needs?

bearsfan_51
09-20-2009, 10:04 PM
In actual recruiting news, safety James Manuel (Indianapolis) committed to the Gophers today.

Manuel also has offers from Michigan State, Iowa, Louisville, and Cincinnati.

JoeyJr09
09-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Let me ask you this. If Tennessee was paying recruits, why did we not get a QB that we so desperately needed in the 09 class? Why did we struggle for so long to get one in the 2010 class? How about offensive lineman as well for both of these classes? Don't you think if we were paying recruits we'd probably pay to get a top flight QB or o-lineman first which are obviously our two biggest needs?

Just cause they haven't gotten then yet (I've already begun to hear rumblings with Linder and Moses). Doesn't mean they aren't trying.

Like I've stated before, everyone pays. UT is just doing it more then most lately. Not all kids are ready to jump over some cash to play at UT when they can get lesser money to play where they want.

EDIT: BTW. I am in no way saying they are paying every recruit. They are however, dishing out some cash to the top level guys. The names I have heard for sure are Bryce, Janzen, Nu'Keese and the STA kids. I heard they got Willis and Miller because FSU had a bad start to the year and the coaching staff is gonna get a shakeup.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Just cause they haven't gotten then yet (I've already begun to hear rumblings with Linder and Moses). Doesn't mean they aren't trying.

Like I've stated before, everyone pays. UT is just doing it more then most lately. Not all kids are ready to jump over some cash to play at UT when they can get lesser money to play where they want.

EDIT: BTW. I am in no way saying they are paying every recruit. They are however, dishing out some cash to the top level guys. The names I have heard for sure are Bryce, Janzen, Nu'Keese and the STA kids. I heard they got Willis and Miller because FSU had a bad start to the year and the coaching staff is gonna get a shakeup.

We obviously are not going to agree on this subject so we might as well just agree to disagree here before we detract from actual recruiting. But one thing I do want to point out is about what you said about Rutgers being the better program than Tennessee recently.
So here's something to counter that.....
2004-2008
Rutgers Overall Record
38-24
Miami Overall Record
37-25
Tennessee's Overall Record
39-24

critesy
09-20-2009, 10:27 PM
anyways, michael dyer is going to commit to auburn in a couple weeks.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 10:32 PM
anyways, michael dyer is going to commit to auburn in a couple weeks.

Congrats. He and an improving Ryan Mallett should make pig sooie a formidable opponent for a couple of years. Assuming Mallett stays for his senior year that is.

jballa838
09-20-2009, 10:34 PM
We obviously are not going to agree on this subject so we might as well just agree to disagree here before we detract from actual recruiting. But one thing I do want to point out is about what you said about Rutgers being the better program than Tennessee recently.
So here's something to counter that.....
2004-2008
Rutgers Overall Record
38-24
Miami Overall Record
37-25
Tennessee's Overall Record
39-24
funny how you start at 2004 when they are 10-3
2005-2008 Tennessee was 29-21. Rutgers was 4-7 that season, yet the 2005-2008 teams were 34-17. huge difference there.

CashmoneyDrew
09-20-2009, 10:36 PM
funny how you start at 2004 when they are 10-3
2005-2008 Tennessee was 29-21. Rutgers was 4-7 that season, yet the 2005-2008 teams were 34-17. huge difference there.

That's a 5 season window. I didn't start there intentionally. That just makes more sense than 4 to me. Not to you?

Also, it's not like that only helps Tennessee. Miami was 9-3 in 2004.

JoeyJr09
09-21-2009, 12:09 AM
That's a 5 season window. I didn't start there intentionally. That just makes more sense than 4 to me. Not to you?

Also, it's not like that only helps Tennessee. Miami was 9-3 in 2004.

Not sure why your dragging Miami's record into this other then to try and smack talk me because the billboard discussion was between Rutgers and UT had absolutely nothing to do with Miami in any way shape or form. But I guess it's easier to resort to that then actually discussion the topic at hand. :rolleyes:

And as already pointed out, the last 3 or so years (one's that would actually be relevant to the Billboard Discussion as that's how long Rutgers has had it), they have been a much more successful and stable program then UT. It still hasn't helped them recruiting wise.

CashmoneyDrew
09-21-2009, 01:00 AM
Not sure why your dragging Miami's record into this other then to try and smack talk me because the billboard discussion was between Rutgers and UT had absolutely nothing to do with Miami in any way shape or form. But I guess it's easier to resort to that then actually discussion the topic at hand. :rolleyes:

And as already pointed out, the last 3 or so years (one's that would actually be relevant to the Billboard Discussion as that's how long Rutgers has had it), they have been a much more successful and stable program then UT. It still hasn't helped them recruiting wise.

How would I be smack talking you by pulling Miami's records out about it if they have virtually the same record as my team? It was just for reference. Anyways if I wanted to smack talk Miami I'd go back more than just 5 years, but I'm not. I'm done with this.

Hawk
09-21-2009, 01:24 AM
This is exactly what Kiffin wanted. People are talking about UT again.

Someone posted about Tennessee having recruiting violations. If you look deep enough, EVERY big time football school has these violations. Kiffin's were just magnified because he is a new coach.

I don't think Bryce Brown based his decision to come here on money. I think he is going to get money from any university he chose to go to. The real difference is what the coaches told him. They have instilled confidence back into Tennessee football that has been lacking the past 3-4 years. Nuke, Janzen, and Bryce along with everyone else that is committing recognizes that. It isn't a money issue because money is going to be there for all of those guys at every other school.

PENNSTATEHOMER
09-21-2009, 02:01 AM
Hey kids........

'10 NY DE/DT Dominique Easley has committed to PSU.

http://highschoolsports.silive.com/news/article/2064703995133800624/curtis-easley-chooses-penn-state/

PSU class:

Rivals:
5* commits - 0

4* commits - 13

3* commits - 4

NR - 1 (Levi Norwood, who is balling in TX and making plays as a WR/PR/defensive player)

Scout:

5* commits - 2

4* commits - 13

3* commits - 3

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-21-2009, 02:03 AM
This is exactly what Kiffin wanted. People are talking about UT again.

Someone posted about Tennessee having recruiting violations. If you look deep enough, EVERY big time football school has these violations. Kiffin's were just magnified because he is a new coach.

I don't think Bryce Brown based his decision to come here on money. I think he is going to get money from any university he chose to go to. The real difference is what the coaches told him. They have instilled confidence back into Tennessee football that has been lacking the past 3-4 years. Nuke, Janzen, and Bryce along with everyone else that is committing recognizes that. It isn't a money issue because money is going to be there for all of those guys at every other school.well coming over the Mississippi bridge he said he saw Tiger Stadium and he felt like that's where God told him to be. you can't trust anything a recruit says.

JoeyJr09
09-21-2009, 08:04 AM
How would I be smack talking you by pulling Miami's records out about it if they have virtually the same record as my team? It was just for reference. Anyways if I wanted to smack talk Miami I'd go back more than just 5 years, but I'm not. I'm done with this.

At least do a little research.

2002 Miami: 12-1 (Infamous PI NC game appearance against OSU)
2003 Miami: 11-2
2004 Miami: 9-3

Go back more then 5 years and you'll still see stacked Miami teams. What the hell would you possibly bring that up to smack talk for?

MaxV
09-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Hey kids........

'10 NY DE/DT Dominique Easley has committed to PSU.

http://highschoolsports.silive.com/news/article/2064703995133800624/curtis-easley-chooses-penn-state/

PSU class:

Rivals:
5* commits - 0

4* commits - 13

3* commits - 4

NR - 1 (Levi Norwood, who is balling in TX and making plays as a WR/PR/defensive player)

Scout:

5* commits - 2

4* commits - 13

3* commits - 3

Another good addition. This class is coming together very well. Just like last year, they are addressing priority positions. DL was a priority for this class and they've done a good job.

I would like to get a talented CB in this class also. If we can get either Lattimore or Johnson, maybe Redd could play at CB.

HindSight
09-21-2009, 08:24 AM
yeah...because Iowa is the lone program that doesn't pay for players. riiiiight.

Dagagad
09-21-2009, 08:31 AM
Good for Tennessee. This isn't communist Russia, get those check books out!

These players should get paid for the money they bring into a uni and the ones who go somewhere they don't get paid must be dumb as rocks.

bearsfan_51
09-21-2009, 08:42 AM
I really doubt most schools pay athletes. Find them cushy jobs? Sure. Give them special apartments tehy don't have to pay for? Sure. But just straight up handing over of cash? Maybe at the very elite places, but I don't see it elsewhere.

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-21-2009, 10:07 AM
I really doubt most schools pay athletes. Find them cushy jobs? Sure. Give them special apartments tehy don't have to pay for? Sure. But just straight up handing over of cash? Maybe at the very elite places, but I don't see it elsewhere.

i remember Miami being really pissed when Bowe came to LSU and claiming we paid him straight cash.

CashmoneyDrew
09-21-2009, 11:46 AM
At least do a little research.

2002 Miami: 12-1 (Infamous PI NC game appearance against OSU)
2003 Miami: 11-2
2004 Miami: 9-3

Go back more then 5 years and you'll still see stacked Miami teams. What the hell would you possibly bring that up to smack talk for?

Uggghhhh.... you just don't get it. I meant historically. If I meant just 2 or 3 more years I would have just said that.

Hines
09-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Oh my, I love the Dominique Easely pickup. Let's hope we can get Floyd and Fortt soon. This Penn State class is very, very good.

Hines
09-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Another good addition. This class is coming together very well. Just like last year, they are addressing priority positions. DL was a priority for this class and they've done a good job.

I would like to get a talented CB in this class also. If we can get either Lattimore or Johnson, maybe Redd could play at CB.

Like I said, I don't know if we will go after a CB this class because we will go after, and probablly get, Terrell Chestnut next year.

MaxV
09-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Like I said, I don't know if we will go after a CB this class because we will go after, and probablly get, Terrell Chestnut next year.

Well, CB is a position where you can never have enough depth.

Last year's PSU class was heavy on DBs, but most of them project as safeties. Only Derrick Thomas and Stephon Morris are true CBs. And it's still unclear if Thomas will be a CB or WR.

The loss of Givens hurts a bit.

Sure, they can go heavy after CBs next year, but I don't think it's a good idea to ignore this position this year. They could at least bring in a raw kid with speed.

Hines
09-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Well, CB is a position where you can never have enough depth.

Last year's PSU class was heavy on DBs, but most of them project as safeties. Only Derrick Thomas and Stephon Morris are true CBs. And it's still unclear if Thomas will be a CB or WR.

The loss of Givens hurts a bit.

Sure, they can go heavy after CBs next year, but I don't think it's a good idea to ignore this position this year. They could at least bring in a raw kid with speed.

I am sure they moved Thomas to CB. But no doubt, I agree with you, but as from what I have read, we will be going after Chestnut next season hard.

iowatreat54
09-21-2009, 03:54 PM
yeah...because Iowa is the lone program that doesn't pay for players. riiiiight.

We prolly get them cheap/better living arrangements or things of that nature like BF51 said, but I'm pretty confident Iowa doesn't straight up offer kids money or other material goods. We can't even afford to update our mediocre facilities and we really have no boosters with that much money to be able to dish out some.

Plus, it's not like we are pulling 4/5* guys from Florida or Texas. The only higher ranked guys we get are from a bordering state usually.

I'm sure that's how it is with most other programs that aren't great-elite.

BPhilb
09-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Missouri got Texas HS running back Henery Jonsey and a recommitment from Eric Waters from Texas as a recommit. I have no idea what we paid them, but happy to have them none the less. :)

TitanHope
09-21-2009, 07:21 PM
I typically take the, "They're buying recruits," accusations as sour grapes, especially from other major programs. Its a fan's point of view, and it's natural for rival fans to cry foul and for the fan of the team to rationalize things. It's not really the case in this situation since it's not a Florida fan with the accusation. But, I think rationalization is the best way to go in these events. It's been said in the last few posts that Tennessee bought Bryce Brown, Nukeese Richardson, and Janzen Jackson, but all three have seen substantial playing time as freshman which could've easily factored into their decision.

If you're a fan who thinks everyone pays, then not only Tennessee is guilty. So the deciding factor will probably be other things, such as early playing time, coaches and facilities, NFL preparation, and personal reasons.

So, the concept of paying for recruits should be assumed by all major, big budget programs. So if Tennessee gets a recruit over Florida, then the argument of Tennessee getting them because they paid the player off is just bitterness, as Florida was also being naughty.

Just my opinion on the subject. Ignore if the discussion is over.

bearsfan_51
09-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Willie Tatum, linebacker from Pickerington, decommitts from Bowling Green to Minnesota. 15 recruits so far, 3 from this weekend.

ToldLikeItIs
09-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Big James Manuel fan. That school always produces top players.

JoeyJr09
09-22-2009, 12:37 AM

Just to be clear, what I mean by paying players is exactly what you just mentioned above. Not just signing over a blank check to them.

Only the real elite level recruits will ever see any type of cold hard cash (Patrick Peterson being the most glaring example IMO)

JoeyJr09
09-22-2009, 12:40 AM
i remember Miami being really pissed when Bowe came to LSU and claiming we paid him straight cash.

Pretty sure there was an article that came out around the time he was drafted that talked about the shadiness that went out with his recruitment.

And I thought it was pretty common knowledge that he was paid. His story is shadier then most, I'll try to find that article but his case was pretty blatant.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2009, 02:26 AM
Just to be clear, what I mean by paying players is exactly what you just mentioned above. Not just signing over a blank check to them.

Only the real elite level recruits will ever see any type of cold hard cash (Patrick Peterson being the most glaring example IMO)
In that case, I think that happens at every college everywhere, including division iii.

JoeyJr09
09-22-2009, 11:24 AM
In that case, I think that happens at every college everywhere, including division iii.

I know. I said a few times that everyone does it. It's all over college football. I'm just saying that UT is doing more then most ATM which is why the attention has been on them with it.

A couple years ago Clemson was catching alot of crap for it. And LSU before that.

bearsfan_51
09-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Marquise Hill decommitts from Missouri and committs to Minnesota. Hill also had offers from Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and UCLA.

That's 16 committs for the Gophers and 4 in the last 4 days.

BPhilb
09-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Marquise Hill decommitts from Missouri and committs to Minnesota. Hill also had offers from Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Kansas State, Michigan State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, and UCLA.

That's 16 committs for the Gophers and 4 in the last 4 days.

Hill should be a good pickup for you guys. He committed to us very early and then decided to start looking around. After dealing with his cousin Ronnie Wingo last year I heard the staff pulled his offer and decided to move another direction. He said early on that he was going to be a WR for us, but I believe he will make a nice corner at the D1 level.

DoWnThEfiElD
09-25-2009, 02:04 PM
pretty dead around here

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Jeremy Hill (RB) and La'El Collins (OT) both comitt to LSU for '11.

JRTPlaya21
09-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Nick Dew to VT

critesy
09-26-2009, 07:49 PM
trovon reed wr 4* probably going to commit to auburn as well as dyer

HawkeyeFan
09-27-2009, 01:57 AM
Any update on Seantrel Henderson?

ToldLikeItIs
09-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Heard CJ is wavering strongly

HawkeyeFan
09-27-2009, 02:00 AM
What does that have to do with Henderson?

ToldLikeItIs
09-27-2009, 02:05 AM
Henderson wouldn't start over Reiff or Bulaga.

HawkeyeFan
09-27-2009, 02:07 AM
If Bulaga plays, and your crazy.

Do you have a "legitimate" update.

ToldLikeItIs
09-27-2009, 02:09 AM
On Seantrel?

He's more worried about his season than anything. Has visited Ohio State, with visits to USC and Florida upcoming. I do still like our chances yes. One of his former teammates does too (he wears #91).

Sniper
09-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Heard CJ is wavering strongly

Not really all that surprising, but I'll give credit where it's due. You've been staunch on your position since the commitment.

Hurricanes25
09-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh my, I love the Dominique Easely pickup. Let's hope we can get Floyd and Fortt soon. This Penn State class is very, very good.

I've seen him play and I can honestly say that he is a freak. He will be able to play both DE and DT for you guys.

Hines
09-27-2009, 11:26 AM
I've seen him play and I can honestly say that he is a freak. He will be able to play both DE and DT for you guys.

I have seen him projected as a DT too, but I love his motor and I think he will be a great pass rusher for us. He is short, but very stocky and strong. LJ will have fun coaching him. I love Penn State's defensive line class this year, and it would get even sweeter if we get Michael Thorton or Sharif Floyd.

CashmoneyDrew
09-27-2009, 01:17 PM
2010 OT T.J. Leifheit apparently liked his official visit to Tennessee so much that he took an unofficial yesterday just two weeks after.

Goober Man
09-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Per ESPN Punter Will Hagerup commits to Michigan.

DoWnThEfiElD
09-27-2009, 04:10 PM
On Seantrel?

He's more worried about his season than anything. Has visited Ohio State, with visits to USC and Florida upcoming. I do still like our chances yes. One of his former teammates does too (he wears #91).

No offense, but I will never use the internet again if Henderson commits to Iowa.

P-L
09-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Good pick up. Hopefully he's half as good as Zoltan.

bearsfan_51
09-27-2009, 07:58 PM
G/T Jonathan Ragoo committs to Minnesota. He's 6'7 355lbs, so even if his technique never comes at least he can eat the other team.

ToldLikeItIs
09-28-2009, 02:04 AM
I like Hagerup for Michigan. A great punter is very underrated and a key weapon for any team to have. You don't see many punters bust either.

DeAndre Johnson has commited to Iowa. He's a RB at 5'8 210, with reported 4.46. I like his 3.5 GPA the best.

We're still taking Dawson, from what I understand.

JoeyJr09
09-28-2009, 07:45 AM
G/T Jonathan Ragoo committs to Minnesota. He's 6'7 355lbs, so even if his technique never comes at least he can eat the other team.

Miami had some interest but never really followed thru.

Kid is obviously huge and has nice potential but is really raw and has alot of work to do in the gym because he's very overweight. Needs to lose the excess and build his core.

He's a project that could pan out 2-3 years down the line.

JoeyJr09
09-28-2009, 07:53 AM
I like Hagerup for Michigan. A great punter is very underrated and a key weapon for any team to have. You don't see many punters bust either.

DeAndre Johnson has commited to Iowa. He's a RB at 5'8 210, with reported 4.46. I like his 3.5 GPA the best.

We're still taking Dawson, from what I understand.

He sucks. Should have stuck with James White.

DeAndre Johnson is a short, slow plodder. He doesn't have any great skills that makes you say wow. He lacks breakaway speed. Don't know where you got the 4.46 but if it's true, it doesn't show up in games. He had trouble running by guys at the HS level. He doesn't do any pass catching out of the backfield. He was never asked to do much blocking so that area will need work as well. He's already pretty thickly built for his size so I doubt you'll see him get any bigger then about 5'8" 200.

Sniper
09-28-2009, 08:23 AM

So awesome. We needed a good punter.

bearsfan_51
09-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Rarely am I happy when Iowa gets a player we've offered a scholly to, but I am with Johnson. I've seen nothing from him that says BCS worthy. I echo Joey's comments and am glad he didn't come to Minnesota.

bearsfan_51
09-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Miami had some interest but never really followed thru.

Kid is obviously huge and has nice potential but is really raw and has alot of work to do in the gym because he's very overweight. Needs to lose the excess and build his core.

He's a project that could pan out 2-3 years down the line.
There's actually been a fair amount of consternation about whether he had a Miami offer or not, which he claims and rivals states. I find it pretty hard to believe it's true considering the circumstances.

iowatreat54
09-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Scout has Johnson as a soft verbal, and the guys on rivals say it's because he still wants to take his official to Minnesota.

Hopefully he doesn't get zooked by zook jr and his shiny new stadium.

bearsfan_51
09-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Brewster is twice the Zook that Zook could ever hope to be. WIN FIGHT PLAY HARD!!

iowatreat54
09-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Brewster is twice the Zook that Zook could ever hope to be. WIN FIGHT PLAY HARD!!

EXCLAMATION POINT!!!!!!

Yes, Brewster is better than Zook. But as of right now, he has yet to prove he can be more than just a great recruiter.

sbh15
09-28-2009, 05:45 PM

But first he will smother them... in Ragoo.

/bad pun

JoeyJr09
09-28-2009, 06:44 PM
There's actually been a fair amount of consternation about whether he had a Miami offer or not, which he claims and rivals states. I find it pretty hard to believe it's true considering the circumstances.

He had a offer early in the process. We were looking for about 5-6 OL in this class and he was among the 1st to get an offer (we sent out about 15 or so). But we didn't really recruit him as hard as some other guys and once we landed the targets we were really after (McDermott, Glenn) then Ragoo's offer went away.

He was a kid the staff was willing to take if he would come easily because they felt he has some upside. But the staff didn't want to have to waste resources going after him as a 5th/6th OL in this class when there were guys they liked more.

ToldLikeItIs
09-28-2009, 11:41 PM
DeAndre Johnson reminds me of our current starter, Adam Robinson. He's doing ok. I'm fine with this pickup.

PENNSTATEHOMER
09-29-2009, 07:47 AM
well some good news for psu....fortt should be pulling the trigger for psu this monday (pretty sure it is this upcoming monday).

JoeyJr09
09-29-2009, 10:47 AM
DeAndre Johnson reminds me of our current starter, Adam Robinson. He's doing ok. I'm fine with this pickup.

Duh, like you would ever admit you hated it.

He's total crap as a player and recruit. Good luck getting anything out of him.

ToldLikeItIs
09-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Why would I hate it?

Adam Robinson has more yards this year than any Miami back period, and he's a former two-star redshirt Freshman. This kid is a three star with a good grade point average (something often overlooked), and a track record of respectable statistics against good competition.

ToldLikeItIs
09-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Former "total crap" recruits at RB for Iowa:

Shonn Greene ** - 1800 yards, 20 tds
Damian Sims ** - 1504 yards, 13 tds as a career back-up
Jewel Hampton ** - 500 yards, 7 tds as a back-up
Adam Robinson ** - 320 yards, 4 tds through 4 games. 19 carries 88 yards and a touchdown along with 4 receptions for 36 yards against Penn State, on the road.

That's just in the last five years.

ToldLikeItIs
09-29-2009, 11:22 AM
But your right, DeAndre Johnson wouldn't amount to much at Miami where stars are all that matter, and coaching doesn't exist.

JoeyJr09
09-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Way to ignore everything I said Told.

1.) I never said he sucks because he doesn't have any stars. I said he sucks because he isn't a very good player. Period.

2.) I never said he was gonna suck because he was going to Iowa and I fail to see how Iowa's former recruits have anything to do on DeAndre Johnson, especially when even you have admitted he wasn't your top option. I plain and simply said he sucks because he isn't a good talent.

3.) I fail to see where Miami has any point being in this conversation. Miami was never mentioned, Johnson was never recruited by Miami and Miami will never play Iowa. Great to see you take the high road and bash Miami for no reason.

BTW, moron, Robinson has more yards then any Miami back because:

a) Miami has played 3 games compared to Iowa's 4 games
b) Miami has played 3 top 15 teams where as Iowa has faced FCS schools like Northern Iowa.
c) Miami has a pass 1st offense and does most of the damage in the air.

ToldLikeItIs
09-29-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm saying you aren't a good judge of talent. You judge it the wrong way. A 5'8 215 lb back with above average quickness, intelligence, and speed will be a 1,000 yard rusher at Iowa.

Any school can use a 1,000 yard rusher, even Miami.

DeAndre was the fourth RB we offered this year behind Dawson, Randle, and James White.

ToldLikeItIs
09-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Iowa hasn't played Arizona, Penn State, and Iowa State?

Iowa's opponents don't have a combined 12-4 record with their losses only coming to Iowa?

I thought they did..

Sniper
09-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Miami has a pass 1st offense and does most of the damage in the air.

84 pass attempts, 103 rush attempts.

JoeyJr09
09-29-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm saying you aren't a good judge of talent. You judge it the wrong way. A 5'8 215 lb back with above average quickness, intelligence, and speed will be a 1,000 yard rusher at Iowa.

Any school can use a 1,000 yard rusher, even Miami.

DeAndre was the fourth RB we offered this year behind Dawson, Randle, and James White.

And you make up ****. Johnson isn't 215 pounds. And he isn't fast. Have you even watched his tape? He can't even break away from HS teams.

JoeyJr09
09-29-2009, 01:41 PM
84 pass attempts, 103 rush attempts.

You can spin stats howevr you want but if you seen our games you'd know those numbers don't tell the entire story.

We had close to 40 rushes against GT because we blew them out thru the air early and just pounded the ball up the middle for small gains almost the entire 2nd half just to kill the clock.

We also had a rain soaked game at VT last week that killed most of the passing attack and forced us to the ground more then we usually do.

We throw more on 1st and 3rd down that most teams in the country which should prove what we like to do on offense and most of our yardage comes thru the air.

number of attempts aren't nearly as important as when and how those attempts come. You'd have to have not seen a Miami game this year if you really think we are a run 1st team.

JoeyJr09
09-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Iowa hasn't played Arizona, Penn State, and Iowa State?

Iowa's opponents don't have a combined 12-4 record with their losses only coming to Iowa?

I thought they did..

Iowa State beat North Dakota, Kent State and Army. Real gauntlet there.

Penn State has beat Akron, Temple and Syracuse. Damn they've really proven alot there.

Arizona has beaten Central Michigan, Northern Arizona and Oregon State. Real powerhouses.

The only top level team you've beaten is Penn State.

You can't really be sitting there and pretending that Iowa has played the same level as competition as Miami to this point in the season. Miami has by far the hardest opening stretch of ANY team in college football.

Your a Ra-Tard for even trying to argue otherwise.

drowe
09-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Your a Ra-Tard.

f'ing irony.

JoeyJr09
09-29-2009, 02:21 PM
f'ing irony.

**** off asshole.

ToldLikeItIs
09-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Miami's beaten opponents have beaten BYU, Jacksonville State, North Carolina, Clemson, and Jacksonville State again. They've also lost had outside losses to South Florida. Their total records are 5-3.

Three total BCS teams. Two total beaten opponents.

I'm estimating Johnson will have gained 5 lbs before he takes a carry as a Hawkeye. Which is reasonable.

JFLO
09-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Does anyone else think that the majority of Rivals.com player comparisons are ridiculous?

I think they compare them more on who they look like rather than their play.

BamaFalcon59
09-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Iowa State beat North Dakota, Kent State and Army. Real gauntlet there.

Penn State has beat Akron, Temple and Syracuse. Damn they've really proven alot there.

Arizona has beaten Central Michigan, Northern Arizona and Oregon State. Real powerhouses.

The only top level team you've beaten is Penn State.

You can't really be sitting there and pretending that Iowa has played the same level as competition as Miami to this point in the season. Miami has by far the hardest opening stretch of ANY team in college football.

Your a Ra-Tard for even trying to argue otherwise.

VT is right there.

IMO...

UA > OU
UM < VT
NU > GT
UM < FSU

I'll give y'all the edge though on the schedule, seeing how we got Marshall.

Hines
09-29-2009, 06:21 PM
I am glad and excited that Fortt is finally(although not official) commited to Penn State.

critesy
09-29-2009, 06:40 PM
what can people say about ed chirsitian, 4* OT from georgia?

he decommited from fsu and is highly likely to come to auburn.

JoeyJr09
09-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Miami's beaten opponents have beaten BYU, Jacksonville State, North Carolina, Clemson, and Jacksonville State again. They've also lost had outside losses to South Florida. Their total records are 5-3.

Three total BCS teams. Two total beaten opponents.

I'm estimating Johnson will have gained 5 lbs before he takes a carry as a Hawkeye. Which is reasonable.

Outside of losing to us, the only teams Miami opponents have lost to is Bama and USF. Both better team's then anyone that Iowa's opponents have faced.

Also, Miami's opponent have a win against a top 10 team (FSU) and another win against a top 25 team (UNC). Iowa's opponent's have yet to even play a ranked team.

BTW..Johnson does not weight 210 right now. Drugs are bad.

bwillie26
09-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Great to see you take the high road ..

BTW, moron ..

**** off asshole.

At least Joey is showing his true colors.

Fully expecting another message and negative rep with a slur added by Joey as well. :)

ironman4579
09-29-2009, 08:55 PM
So, obviously I'm a bit behind, but I just noticed Rivals dropped Ricardo Miller down to a 3 star. Has he performed that poorly in camps? Or is that almost strictly because he's playing in Michigan and not Florida for his senior year?

ToldLikeItIs
09-29-2009, 09:16 PM
I said Miami's BEATEN opponents. The opponents Miami has actually won against.

Not Virginia Tech.

ToldLikeItIs
09-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Johnson's rivals page says 5'8 210.

Those comparisons are pretty awful. I do like Seantrel to Bryant McKinnie though.

P-L
09-29-2009, 09:29 PM
So, obviously I'm a bit behind, but I just noticed Rivals dropped Ricardo Miller down to a 3 star. Has he performed that poorly in camps? Or is that almost strictly because he's playing in Michigan and not Florida for his senior year?
He's started the season off real slow and he isn't putting the same kind of stats he did last year.

Sniper
09-29-2009, 10:13 PM
He's started the season off real slow and he isn't putting the same kind of stats he did last year.

Word is his QB is awful.

srv fan
09-29-2009, 10:22 PM
The word is correct. I went to the Inkster/Ann Arbor Pioneer game, and their QB is just not good in any way. They ran the ball pretty much every play, and once you saw their quarterback throw it was apparent why.

ironman4579
09-29-2009, 10:35 PM

I guess I saw that he had like 3 TD's in like the first 3 or 4 games and figured he wasn't doing too bad...............

steelernation77
09-30-2009, 12:56 AM
**** off asshole.

Wow.

Anyway, BJ Lowery, un-rated, talentless CB from Cinci committed to the Hawks today. His only other offer was from Akron so he must suck bad. Word on the street is Miami wasn't even close to offering.

ToldLikeItIs
09-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Lowery received some decent accolades from his head coach. "Best corner he's had in thirty years." "Great student." "Shy kid who just works his tail off." "Could play college baseball or basketball, but likes football the best". "Hasn't lifted a weight in his life, should excel in the Iowa strength program."

Terrible prospect.

BigJohn98
09-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Joey, what's the deal with Luc? Rumors are he's back to a UF lean. (Which I don't blame him if he is)

P-L
09-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Joey was banned, fyi.

BigJohn98
09-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Nooooooooooooo!!!!

CashmoneyDrew
09-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Joey, what's the deal with Luc? Rumors are he's back to a UF lean. (Which I don't blame him if he is)

Yes, I've read that he's got Florida out in front right now. Florida State and Tennessee are running in second and third I believe. I'm pretty sure Luc is visiting this weekend for the UT-AU game though, so hopefully we can sway him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Saints 4 Lyfe
09-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Yes, I've read that he's got Florida out in front right now. Florida State and Tennessee are running in second and third I believe. I'm pretty sure Luc is visiting this weekend for the UT-AU game though, so hopefully we can sway him. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Jeff Luc to UF isn't fair.

Hurricanes25
09-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Joey was banned, fyi.

Temporary or permanent?

P-L
09-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Temporary or permanent?
I think permanent. He was already banned once, so he was on a no tolerance policy.

brat316
09-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Joey was banned, fyi.

nooooooooooooo, given his had anger issues, but knew some good info.

P-L
09-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Don't kill the messenger.

wicket
09-30-2009, 02:49 PM

Virginia tech comes pretty close. And i would put oregon in the equation as well (but that is becuz i ususally overrate the small-conference teams perhaps).

Since both ways are a fun discussion to have. the leader for easiest schedule to me is Texas A&M (not total schedule but their schedule thusfar)

CashmoneyDrew
09-30-2009, 02:53 PM
Jeff Luc to UF isn't fair.

You're right. He needs to come to Tennessee and play with all of the killer defensive talent we're bringing in! :D

BigJohn98
09-30-2009, 03:06 PM
You're right. He needs to come to Tennessee and play with all of the killer defensive talent we're bringing in! :D

No, he wants to come to Tallahassee to play next to this man...

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061/F594231.jpg

CashmoneyDrew
09-30-2009, 03:12 PM
No, he wants to come to Tallahassee to play next to this man...

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061/F594231.jpg

In the end, if Tennessee couldn't grab him, I'd much rather him choose FSU than Florida for obvious reasons.

DoWnThEfiElD
09-30-2009, 05:53 PM
nooooooooooooo, given his had anger issues, but knew some good info.

It's kinda pathetic to flip out so much on an internet message board you actually get banned. Haha.

To go along with the answers about Miller, I don't think he attended many camps this summer. That probably also hurt his stock a bit when the new rankings came out. He is an ee correct? If so that bumps him up in my book.

djp
09-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Say what you want about Joey, but he brought the info and didn't sugarcoat anything. Obviously, he didn't understand the rules, but he will be missed by everyone in time.

sbh15
09-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Jenkins | Luc | Bostic

/SEC

Hurricanes25
09-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Say what you want about Joey, but he brought the info and didn't sugarcoat anything. Obviously, he didn't understand the rules, but he will be missed by everyone in time.

He knew his stuff but he had some attitude problems.

703SKINS202
09-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Good Counsel (Olney, Md.) prospect Troy Gloster committed to West Virginia Wednesday, ESPN affiliate Web site EerSports.com reports.

Good get for us, we really needed a decent LB in this class.

ironman4579
09-30-2009, 08:07 PM
It's kinda pathetic to flip out so much on an internet message board you actually get banned. Haha.

To go along with the answers about Miller, I don't think he attended many camps this summer. That probably also hurt his stock a bit when the new rankings came out. He is an ee correct? If so that bumps him up in my book.

As far as I've heard he's planning to be an EE.

critesy
09-30-2009, 08:43 PM
craig sanders, 4* de 6'4 230 4.6

commited to alabama since may but decommited the other day and commited to auburn :)

kwilk103
09-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Good get for us, we really needed a decent LB in this class.

i like john propst from hoover; reminds me of reed williams

davion rogers and gloster will play olb

probably take 1 more

tennessee committ bruce irvin is rumored to be visiting tomorrow

ToldLikeItIs
09-30-2009, 09:50 PM
He'll find a way back.

DHVF
09-30-2009, 11:05 PM
He'll find a way back.
Hopefully. He brought a lot to this thread.

CashmoneyDrew
09-30-2009, 11:23 PM
i like john propst from hoover; reminds me of reed williams

davion rogers and gloster will play olb

probably take 1 more

tennessee committ bruce irvin is rumored to be visiting tomorrow

You can't have him. Dude is a flat out beast. Reminds me a lot of Sergio Kindle.

HindSight
10-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Hopefully. He brought a lot to this thread.
for my money, he's the only one who ever brought any info to this thread that wasn't readily available at {whatever team}'s scout or rivals message boards.

keylime_5
10-01-2009, 09:19 AM
LaTwan Anderson commitment on October 10th apparently.

Sniper
10-01-2009, 09:20 AM
LaTwan Anderson commitment on October 10th apparently.

Oooo oooo ooo I know! Pick me! Pick me! Can I guess?

keylime_5
10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Oooo oooo ooo I know! Pick me! Pick me! Can I guess?

give it a try but you'll never guess, haha

DoWnThEfiElD
10-01-2009, 10:35 AM

The University of Ohio State

wonderbredd24
10-01-2009, 10:39 AM

This is an enormous get for the University of Akron. Anderson should be special for the Zips

Coach Brookhart is very excited

ToldLikeItIs
10-01-2009, 10:48 AM
I heard he was a fighting Solich.

ToldLikeItIs
10-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Derby Time!

CLong4Heisman
10-01-2009, 01:36 PM
What about him?

ToldLikeItIs
10-01-2009, 01:39 PM
He's a Hawk.

iowatreat54
10-01-2009, 03:45 PM
I hope the rumor is true. I really, really hope.

Told, any info as to why he would commit now when he's said all along that he was going to wait until after his season?

ToldLikeItIs
10-01-2009, 05:57 PM
The TE from Ill., our scholarship situation.

M.O.T.H.
10-01-2009, 07:13 PM
So Eric Mack says he's still going to SCAR, instead of backing out and jumping to Auburn. Thank god. Hizzah!

critesy
10-01-2009, 07:14 PM
So Eric Mack says he's still going to SCAR, instead of backing out and jumping to Auburn. Thank god. Hizzah!

nevar!! you shall wait and see the persuasion auburn will bring!

critesy
10-01-2009, 11:05 PM
auburn picked up their 18th commitment

steven clark. 6'5 230 .... PUNTER

yeah whats up, watch out. he will eat you.

HindSight
10-02-2009, 09:51 AM
This AJ Derby kid has a brother on the Iowa team, right? Is it really being contested that he's going to Iowa?

steelernation77
10-02-2009, 10:33 AM
This AJ Derby kid has a brother on the Iowa team, right? Is it really being contested that he's going to Iowa?

Yeah it was. His brother ran in to some trouble last spring and people thought the increased scrutiny of his hometown might deter AJ from wanting to stay here.
In addition, his dad is from Madison but chose to play for Iowa over an offer from Wisconsin, people thought maybe AJ might have a similar thought process, wanting to leave home and such.
Also, he had an offer from Florida. I don't think anyone would consider him a safe-bet with an offer from the #1 team in the country, especially since he would probably be a good fit in their offense.

ToldLikeItIs
10-02-2009, 11:26 AM
We don't generally qb's as physically gifted as him.

Andre Dawson is absolutely killing everyone at the HS level. He has 800 yards and 8 tds in his last three games.

JFLO
10-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Keenan Allen to commit to Alabama, via the "worldwide leader"

Allen is ranked in the Top 10 by Rivals.com and #89 overall by Scouts Inc.

It's a good pickup, he'll most likely play safety for the Tide, but I wouldn't be surprised if he played receiver early on. I would also look for him to possibly be a linebacker by the time his tenure is done with in Tuscaloosa.

I think he is a bit overrated by Rivals.

JRTPlaya21
10-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Ivan McCartney is down to UO, UF, UM & WVU

kwilk103
10-02-2009, 01:19 PM
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/highschoolbuzz/2009/10/02/elam-sounds-wide-open-possibly-favoring-west-virginia/

“I still feel I’m committed there,” Elam said of Florida. “That’s where I want to be. I just feel like I have to look around. I’ve never been no other places. I haven’t seen other things. It really opened me up when I went to West Virginia. I still say I’m committed, but I’m looking around.

“I don’t want to de-commit and cause a lot of trouble, so I’m going to stay there, stay committed, but I’m going to look around.”

If Elam was forced to sign right now, where would he land?

“Probably West Virginia,” he said. “It’s crazy, huh? That’s how it is.”

Saints 4 Lyfe
10-02-2009, 01:24 PM
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/highschoolbuzz/2009/10/02/elam-sounds-wide-open-possibly-favoring-west-virginia/

ďI still feel Iím committed there,Ē Elam said of Florida. ďThatís where I want to be. I just feel like I have to look around. Iíve never been no other places. I havenít seen other things. It really opened me up when I went to West Virginia. I still say Iím committed, but Iím looking around.

ďI donít want to de-commit and cause a lot of trouble, so Iím going to stay there, stay committed, but Iím going to look around.Ē

ďProbably West Virginia,Ē he said. ďItís crazy, huh? Thatís how it is.Ē
related to brett favre. doesn't know what he wants.

JRTPlaya21
10-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Like how he said he does not want to compete against 4 or 5 people. Umm sports=competition...

Hines
10-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Keenan Allen to commit to Alabama, via the "worldwide leader"

Allen is ranked in the Top 10 by Rivals.com and #89 overall by Scouts Inc.

It's a good pickup, he'll most likely play safety for the Tide, but I wouldn't be surprised if he played receiver early on. I would also look for him to possibly be a linebacker by the time his tenure is done with in Tuscaloosa.

I think he is a bit overrated by Rivals.

This was set in stone months and months and months ago.

sbh15
10-02-2009, 03:15 PM

ďI still feel Iím committed there,Ē Elam said of Florida. ďThatís where I want to be. I just feel like I have to look around. Iíve never been no other places. I havenít seen other things. It really opened me up when I went to West Virginia. I still say Iím committed, but Iím looking around.

ďI donít want to de-commit and cause a lot of trouble, so Iím going to stay there, stay committed, but Iím going to look around.Ē

ďProbably West Virginia,Ē he said. ďItís crazy, huh? Thatís how it is.Ē

Don't get your hopes up.

CLong4Heisman
10-02-2009, 03:46 PM
The TE from Ill., our scholarship situation.

I'm going to be flat out honest with you. I agree that CJ is going to eventually end up at Iowa. You said all along how Derby was going to come, people doubted you and look what happened.
I read Farentz said that they may only take 20 guys. Will they hold a scholly for him in case he changes his mind after they get number 20?

ToldLikeItIs
10-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Twenty three is my guess and C.J. will have a spot until signing day.

IrishTrojan
10-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Gators are expecting Elam to decommit: http://www.the-mainboard.com/index.php/topic,22947.0.html

kwilk103
10-02-2009, 07:44 PM
rumor bruce irvin may have decommitted from ut and committed to wvu

ToldLikeItIs
10-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Cj is visiting in the next week or so.

bigbenn
10-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Cj is visiting in the next week or so.

The only way CJ switches is if Illinois continues to suck, and it's not a given even then. He's visiting UI this week and next FWIW.

CashmoneyDrew
10-02-2009, 08:29 PM
rumor bruce irvin may have decommitted from ut and committed to wvu

Color me skeptical for now. He's supposed to be visiting ASU this weekend.

kwilk103
10-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Color me skeptical for now. He's supposed to be visiting ASU this weekend.

he visited us yesterday

Hines
10-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Marcus Lattimore needs to learn how to hold onto the football.

ToldLikeItIs
10-02-2009, 09:20 PM
He's visiting Wisconsin Iowa. Iowa unofficially, and Wisconsin officially, and then Iowa officially again.