PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

HindSight
10-22-2009, 12:14 PM
50%? Sounds to me like he's headed to michigan.

Sniper
10-22-2009, 12:42 PM
50%? Sounds to me like he's headed to michigan.

============================ Lock it up.

ToldLikeItIs
10-22-2009, 01:36 PM
We hear he's visiting for our last home game against the Gophers.

DoWnThEfiElD
10-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Well he isn't visiting Michigan anymore. The thought that he might was cool, but it's nice to get back to reality.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2009, 04:12 PM
The other team I'm hearing is Florida, and not USC, but I don't buy that.

DoWnThEfiElD
10-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Sounds like his dad is really guiding his recruitment. I could really see him at Minn. or USC.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2009, 04:51 PM
His Dad seemingly wants nothing to do with Minnesota. He's the one that is pushing Notre Dame and USC because he wants to be the son of a superstar and bask in his glory. Seantrel is much harder to read, but he's a pretty reserved and shy kid.

wicket
10-22-2009, 04:55 PM
His Dad seemingly wants nothing to do with Minnesota. He's the one that is pushing Notre Dame and USC because he wants to be the son of a superstar and bask in his glory. Seantrel is much harder to read, but he's a pretty reserved and shy kid.

his dad was first only pushing sc though. ianello is doing a good job on the dad at least ;)

bwillie26
10-22-2009, 09:07 PM
4* ATH (he will be a WR) Curtis Carter (http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Curtis-Carter-95026) commits to Nebraska.

Absolutely outstanding to pull this kid out of the south. Even more because we have absolutely no one with his type of speed on our team.

JayP
10-22-2009, 10:01 PM
his dad was first only pushing sc though. ianello is doing a good job on the dad at least ;)

I agree. Seemed like ND was totally out of the picture, and now it seems like they are right in the thick of things for Henderson. The other players that ND seems to be in on are pretty interesting too.

BPhilb
10-22-2009, 11:08 PM
4* ATH (he will be a WR) Curtis Carter (http://rivals.yahoo.com/nebraska/football/recruiting/player-Curtis-Carter-95026) commits to Nebraska.

Absolutely outstanding to pull this kid out of the south. Even more because we have absolutely no one with his type of speed on our team.

He was high on our list at Mizzou. We really thought we had a great shot at him here. He seemed to be a very underrated prospect. I hope he still visits us but I imagine it's probably over. Nice pickup for the Huskers.

Have you heard anything recently on Gabbert recently? There are a lot of rumblings down here that it's just a matter of time until he commits to Mizzou. Nothing real concrete though, didn't know if you are hearing anything different.

bwillie26
10-22-2009, 11:15 PM
He was high on our list at Mizzou. We really thought we had a great shot at him here. He seemed to be a very underrated prospect. I hope he still visits us but I imagine it's probably over. Nice pickup for the Huskers.

Have you heard anything recently on Gabbert recently? There are a lot of rumblings down here that it's just a matter of time until he commits to Mizzou. Nothing real concrete though, didn't know if you are hearing anything different.

Carter was pretty much just building drama in his recruitment for the last few months. Carter and his father both post over on HI pretty regularly. Coach Papuchis was on Carter and built a great relationship with him for nearly a year. Coach P is probably the only legit recruiter we have. Dude is a beast on the trail.

As far as Gabbert, who the heck knows with that kid? One minute he's solid and will recruit like crazy for Nebraska, then he is looking around. Now he came to the TTech game, made friends with Carter and sealed the deal with him. From what Carter said, he asked Gabbert if he would be at Nebraska and Gabbert told him, "if you're in, I'm in."

BPhilb
10-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Good stuff BWillie. I used to make fun of my mother many moons ago about watching soap opera's but the more I follow recruiting the more I feel I'm the fool. I guess we will see what happens.

critesy
10-23-2009, 12:15 AM
yeah Peppers plays DE, and ive seen him make 2 sacks this year...
1 was when Seabreeze had their backups in the 4th quarter...

He claims that LSU, Auburn, tOSU, Miami, and Michigan state all want him

soo annoying

i can tell you for a fact that auburn is not recruiting him.

bearsfan_51
10-23-2009, 07:57 AM
I agree. Seemed like ND was totally out of the picture, and now it seems like they are right in the thick of things for Henderson.
They aren't.

JayP
10-23-2009, 05:51 PM
They aren't.

According to.....?

The dad seems to be a big part in this recruitment. If he's mentioning ND, then they have more of a chance than before. Although I think this is going to be a Vidal Hazleton type situation when it's all said and done.

bearsfan_51
10-24-2009, 01:31 AM
According to.....?

The dad seems to be a big part in this recruitment. If he's mentioning ND, then they have more of a chance than before. Although I think this is going to be a Vidal Hazleton type situation when it's all said and done.
His Dad is not going to make the final decision for him. Seantrel visited Notre Dame because his parents want him to. He's not going to commit there.

CashmoneyDrew
10-24-2009, 02:48 AM
His Dad is not going to make the final decision for him. Seantrel visited Notre Dame because his parents want him to. He's not going to commit there.

Where do you think he ends up BF51? USC?

draftguru151
10-24-2009, 08:58 AM
3* DE David Perry commits to Miami.

P-L
10-24-2009, 12:56 PM
Well he isn't visiting Michigan anymore. The thought that he might was cool, but it's nice to get back to reality.
Is this for sure? As of this morning U-M was still expecting him.

bearsfan_51
10-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Where do you think he ends up BF51? USC?
I've been thinking USC for about a year now, but from what I'm hearing Minnesota and Florida are both real possibilities. Unless he's making an unscheduled visit to Florida I don't see that happening though.

ToldLikeItIs
10-25-2009, 10:22 AM
You guys aren't going to like this, but it's pretty much forlorn Seantrel will be in Iowa City for the Iowa/Minnesota game.

bearsfan_51
10-25-2009, 01:18 PM
You guys aren't going to like this, but it's pretty much forlorn Seantrel will be in Iowa City for the Iowa/Minnesota game.
You aren't going to like this, but that's the second time you've improperly used the word forlorn.

Forlorn means something that is in poor condition or isolated.

Foregone is the word you are looking for.

That Iowa education is doing you wonders.

ToldLikeItIs
10-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Forlorn because you won't like it..

wicket
10-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Forlorn because you won't like it..

nice you use the same word in a different way and both ways are wrong

DoWnThEfiElD
10-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Is this for sure? As of this morning U-M was still expecting him.

Did he end up coming in?

Sniper
10-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Did he end up coming in?

No, he didn't.

DoWnThEfiElD
10-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Yah I didn't want to waste a 'ship on him anyways haha...

JayP
10-26-2009, 07:40 PM
RB Giovanni Bernard commits to ND. Bit of a shocker to me.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/football/1161-bernard-becomes-irish

CashmoneyDrew
10-26-2009, 07:41 PM

Congrats. I know the Vols were after him pretty hard.

BigJohn98
10-26-2009, 07:47 PM

Well, there goes the one running back we had a legit chance with. We're gunna strike out on Gio and Lattimore.

Hollywood
10-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Solid pick up for Notre Dame. I'm personally not that high on Gio but a lot of people down here in South Florida who know more than me love him. My biggest concern is does this help sway Linder in anyway?

saintsfan912
10-26-2009, 09:12 PM
LSU picks up another commit in 4* DT Cassius Marsh out of Cali. Definitely excited about this pickup.

wicket
10-26-2009, 10:10 PM
LSU picks up another commit in 4* DT Cassius Marsh out of Cali. Definitely excited about this pickup.

I get that, great pickup

really exited about picking up bernard myself

JayP
10-27-2009, 01:42 AM
Solid pick up for Notre Dame. I'm personally not that high on Gio but a lot of people down here in South Florida who know more than me love him. My biggest concern is does this help sway Linder in anyway?

In the Irish Sports Daily article, he says that he's going to start working Linder, Joyner, and Riggs to get them to follow him to South Bend. I don't think it's going to work with Riggs. Cody said everyone was even, but didn't seem very glowing with his comments after the USC game. Joyner and Linder may be different stories. Joyner said it was a better visit than what he had at OSU, and Linder said the visit opened his eyes about ND and that they've moved up on his list. Take those comments as you will.

I just watched some film on Bernard, and read a few comparisons. He does seem to be in the Darius Walker mold, but with more speed. That might help you get a better reference point on his game.

Hollywood
10-27-2009, 02:33 AM
I just watched some film on Bernard, and read a few comparisons. He does seem to be in the Darius Walker mold, but with more speed. That might help you get a better reference point on his game.

I don't need a point of reference on his game, seen him plenty of times the past couple of years. To me though he's not big enough to be a power runner, no shifty or fast enough to be that guy either. He is just a balanced, solid back who will get some starts for you guys but never really be a star. I'd say he compares best to a guy like Dan Herron at Ohio State.

wicket
10-27-2009, 04:34 AM
I don't need a point of reference on his game, seen him plenty of times the past couple of years. To me though he's not big enough to be a power runner, no shifty or fast enough to be that guy either. He is just a balanced, solid back who will get some starts for you guys but never really be a star. I'd say he compares best to a guy like Dan Herron at Ohio State.

I would like that

Hines
10-27-2009, 09:29 AM
What is Notre Dame going to do with all the running backs they got now? Jesus. USC much?

wicket
10-27-2009, 05:35 PM
What is Notre Dame going to do with all the running backs they got now? Jesus. USC much?

well they have roberson for fullback. combine that with the fact that charlie likes to run the ball by committee and I get it.
But yeah there is some resemblence

Sniper
10-27-2009, 05:37 PM
well they have roberson for fullback. combine that with the fact that charlie likes to run the ball by committee and I get it.
But yeah there is some resemblence

With the exception that USC's RBs are significantly more talented.

wicket
10-27-2009, 05:53 PM
With the exception that USC's RBs are significantly more talented.

hence some resemblence.

It is not unaccurate but still warrants some perspective though.
ND's current rb's according to rivals.
6.1 (5star) Aldridge
6.0 (high 4 star) Allen, Wood, Gray
5.9 (medium 4 star) Hughes,
5.8 (low 4 star) Riddick

USC's current rb's according to rivals
6.1 McKnight, Tyler, Johnson, Bradford (as a lb though) Gable
5.9 Shoemate
5.8 Green, Havili
5.7 McNeall
5.6 Baucham

So yeah USC has more talent there but the nd guys are theoretically a pretty talented bunch in themselves. To bad armando is the only one living up to that billing so far though

JRTPlaya21
10-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Who is Green?

wicket
10-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Who is Green?

A mistake on my part. a former commit who transferred to arkansas to take care of his ailing grandmother

Hines
10-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Brod Green should be at Penn State right now. Grr.

JayP
10-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Brod Green should be at Penn State right now. Grr.

Look at it this way...if his grandma is ailing and he had to take care of her, aren't you glad he transferred from somewhere else other than PSU?

Hines
10-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Look at it this way...if his grandma is ailing and he had to take care of her, aren't you glad he transferred from somewhere else other than PSU?

True, it just sucks we lost a big talent like that. I am glad that Penn State is realing in a lot of talent these last two classes.

OhioState
10-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Although I in no way expect to get him, Sharrif Floyd had some fun on his visit to Ohio State last week.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/sharrif_floyd/10/27/10.27/index.html

JRTPlaya21
10-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Marcus Lattimore update

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20091028/PSPORTS02/910289927/1088/sports?Title=Lattimore-settles-on-third-official-visit

M.O.T.H.
10-29-2009, 05:09 PM
I just want Lattimore. Sharrif Floyd bitched us last weekend. :(

keylime_5
10-29-2009, 05:39 PM
2011 Canton McKinley defensive end Steve Miller commits to Ohio State. Maybe top player in state for next year.
http://bucknuts.com/index.php/Football-Recruiting-Article/miller-time-at-ohio-state/menu-id-1346.html

some people call him space cowboy...

DoWnThEfiElD
10-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Whoa better than Braxton Miller?

keylime_5
10-29-2009, 10:00 PM
braxton is 1a and steve is 1b. both named miller.

critesy
10-29-2009, 11:24 PM
http://www.vype.com/ar/general/105189

just making it semi official. dyer says he is commiting to auburn but will keep his recruitment open.

JRTPlaya21
10-29-2009, 11:53 PM
Congrats critesy. I have been waiting on a semi-official for a while now.

JRTPlaya21
10-30-2009, 12:03 AM
DeMarco Cobbs dropped the Vols for Longhorns.

CashmoneyDrew
10-30-2009, 02:27 AM
DeMarco Cobbs dropped the Vols for Longhorns.

Bit of a shocker. He might not have liked the idea of being moved to defense.

M.O.T.H.
10-30-2009, 02:35 AM
Oh well Lattimore, future featured RB spot is taken, guess you're going to have to go to SCAR. The whole Ronnie Brown/Caddy Williams thing....never happened.

JayP
10-30-2009, 03:25 PM
3* TX CB Toney Hurd Jr. commits to ND.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/football/1195-hurd-sees-big-picture

For a 3*, I gotta say the kid had a slew of offers, at least according to Rivals. He supposedly had offers from Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Cal, Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Oregon State, Tennesse, & TAMU

Gchu83
10-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Bit of a shocker. He might not have liked the idea of being moved to defense.

Not sure about that, Cobbs said Texas has been a favorite, also said they're thinking about moving him to defense as well.

"They are recruiting me as an athlete. In the beginning they were recruiting me as a receiver, but then they saw my highlight film and said I could play on either side of the ball," Cobbs said. "They have mentioned receiver, safety and even running back. They haven't touched on a specific position yet."

BamaFalcon59
10-30-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh well Lattimore, future featured RB spot is taken, guess you're going to have to go to SCAR. The whole Ronnie Brown/Caddy Williams thing....never happened.

If he's smart he will realize that Onterio McCalleb is a beast and isn't going anywhere for a few years.

Dyer and McCalleb will be the 1-2 punch at Auburn.

CashmoneyDrew
10-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Not sure about that, Cobbs said Texas has been a favorite, also said they're thinking about moving him to defense as well.

"They are recruiting me as an athlete. In the beginning they were recruiting me as a receiver, but then they saw my highlight film and said I could play on either side of the ball," Cobbs said. "They have mentioned receiver, safety and even running back. They haven't touched on a specific position yet."

Either way it's not too bad of a loss. We still have Markeith Ambles and Matt Milton and we're still in it with some other good prospects. In fact this is probably a good thing seeing as how with the SEC limit on scholarships offered we only have so many spots left and I feel like we have bigger needs than WR.

BigJohn98
10-31-2009, 10:00 AM
Florida commit Matt Elam is on an official to FSU today.

CashmoneyDrew
10-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Florida commit Matt Elam is on an official to FSU today.

I hope you guys steal him away! :D

critesy
10-31-2009, 12:44 PM
If he's smart he will realize that Onterio McCalleb is a beast and isn't going anywhere for a few years.

Dyer and McCalleb will be the 1-2 punch at Auburn.

auburn is still going hard on lattimore and seastrunk. they have very good chance with seastrunk if trovon reed 4* rec commits (which he will) and if they can sway ahmad dixon from baylor. all 3 of those are really good friends. i think the only thing holding dixon back is family issues. or else he would be a tiger.

edit, also omac has hit the injury bug now and its sad :(

critesy
10-31-2009, 12:47 PM
also boston college qb something tuggle is looking to transfer and is interested in coming to auburn.

bwillie26
10-31-2009, 01:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7ZnGUILHMI

One of the most ridiculous INTs .. heck, one of the most ridiculous catches period, I have EVER seen.

JRTPlaya21
10-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Wow that is one insane catch. I couldn't do that in 100 attempts.

Ward
10-31-2009, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7ZnGUILHMI

One of the most ridiculous INTs .. heck, one of the most ridiculous catches period, I have EVER seen.

That's nothing I haven't already seen in NCAA '08 and older a thousand times!

bearsfan_51
10-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Josh Huff, 4 star runningback, to Minnesota. Good stuff.

jballa838
10-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Colin Tanigawa to UW. 3 star C who should bolster up our line.

BigJohn98
10-31-2009, 08:43 PM
I hope you guys steal him away! :D

He could lose an arm and still start day one for us.

gstock05
11-01-2009, 02:53 AM
Whoa better than Braxton Miller?

Braxton has been a bit of an enigma this year. His stats have been completely subpar, although it's unclear whether that's due to being a part of a terrible team, or just personal play.

I've said it befor ean said it again in regards to Braxton, if you could build a quarterback in terms of measurables, Braxton fits every category to the tee. His offer list is a good indication of how much college teams respect his abilities.

draftguru151
11-01-2009, 11:35 AM
4* RB Storm Johnson to Miami. Whoa.

CashmoneyDrew
11-01-2009, 11:52 AM

With a name like that I think it's safe to assume he's been a Hurricane lock since birth.

Hines
11-01-2009, 11:54 AM

I thought he was going to Florida State.

MaxV
11-01-2009, 01:30 PM

Hines, keep an eye on CB prospect Shyquawn Pullium. I believe Penn State will give him an offer and there is a pretty good shot of him going there.

Scout has him as "High" on Penn State.

At the moment PSU is waiting on decisions of Lattimore, Floyd and Thornton. If they get all 3 (unlikely) then their recruitment season is probably finished, but if there is a schoolie available Pullium would be a good get.

Hines
11-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Hines, keep an eye on the CB prospect Shyquawn Pullium. I believe Penn State will give him an offer and there is a pretty good shot of him going there.

Scout has him as "High" on Penn State.

At the moment PSU is waiting on decisions of Lattimore, Floyd and Thornton. If they get all 3 (unlikely) then their recruitment season is probably finished, but if there is a schoolie available Pullium would be a good get.

Oh I know we are his favorite. We might need a corner in this class and I would not complain if we offered him. His measureables are pretty good and I think he would be a good player for us. Needs to gain weight, though. I think we could possibly get 2 of those 3 players you mentioned. It would be great to land all three, but very unlikely.

critesy
11-01-2009, 01:40 PM
hevent heard anything yet on how lattimore liked his official visit to auburn yesterday.

CashmoneyDrew
11-01-2009, 02:17 PM
2010 JUCO DE Ken Adams commits to Tennessee according to Volnation. He's a 6'5" 245 lber that is a 5.7 3 star according to Rivals. Will more than likely be a TE here.

BigJohn98
11-01-2009, 02:20 PM

If we were recruiting him harder he would be. We had bigger targerts on our runningback board(Lattimore and Gio Bernard).

BigJohn98
11-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Greg Dent to the U.

Way to drop the ball, coaches! He came to visit yesterday and collect his offer and he left without one. Had he left with one, he'd be ours. WTG, coaches.

EDIT: And what do ya know, a little while after he commits elsewhere, we decide to offer him. Typical.

critesy
11-01-2009, 06:34 PM
lattimore said the weekend was great and he see's his potential in this offense. he said he's going to decide on signing day and that there is no leader at the time and that auburn will be there til the end for sure.

etk
11-01-2009, 07:33 PM
If we were recruiting him harder he would be. We had bigger targerts on our runningback board(Lattimore and Gio Bernard).

Not to mention Smiley and Gainer. FSU was never gonna accept Johnson (PSU as well).

Greg Dent to the U.

Way to drop the ball, coaches! He came to visit yesterday and collect his offer and he left without one. Had he left with one, he'd be ours. WTG, coaches.

EDIT: And what do ya know, a little while after he commits elsewhere, we decide to offer him. Typical.

sigh....I almost feel bad.

lattimore said the weekend was great and he see's his potential in this offense. he said he's going to decide on signing day and that there is no leader at the time and that auburn will be there til the end for sure.

Gamecock...

BigJohn98
11-01-2009, 07:37 PM
He'll be a Nole. Give it a little time.

Hines
11-01-2009, 08:10 PM
He's visiting Penn State on Saturday to see Royster run up and down the field, so he's coming to Penn State. :D. If he does or doesn't it's great either way. I expect Silas Redd to be a major beast at Penn State and we also have Brandon Beachum and Curtis Dukes as young running backs.

CashmoneyDrew
11-01-2009, 09:10 PM
The Vols picked up their second JUCO commit of the day with Kenbrell Thompkins. 6'3" 190 lb WR from California. He's an early enrollee and plays at the same CC as Matt Simms who the Vols are also recruiting heavily.

superman8456
11-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know what Sharrif Floyd is leaning towards or have any info on this guy?

Hines
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know what Sharrif Floyd is leaning towards or have any info on this guy?

Ohio State, Florida, South Carolina, Penn State are his finalist and out front to land him IMO.

MaxV
11-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Oh I know we are his favorite. We might need a corner in this class and I would not complain if we offered him. His measureables are pretty good and I think he would be a good player for us. Needs to gain weight, though. I think we could possibly get 2 of those 3 players you mentioned. It would be great to land all three, but very unlikely.

Among those 3, I would say that Thornton is the most likely, while Floyd is the least likely. Lattimore, I have no idea.

Hines
11-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Among those 3, I would say that Thornton is the most likely, while Floyd is the least likely. Lattimore, I have no idea.

I wouldn't say Floyd is less likely. He always drops us then adds us again once we start talking to him more. Should be interesting on what happens.

BPhilb
11-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Kony Ealy DE from New Madrid, Missouri has committed to Mizzou. Huge pickup for us as he looks to be a beast on the DLine.

bearsfan_51
11-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Good job, but his last name is Ealy.

BPhilb
11-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Good job, but his last name is Ealy.

Your right, I fixed it. I've been doing that all year with this kid. Hopefully over the next 4 years I get it right. :)

etk
11-02-2009, 12:46 PM
He'll be a Nole. Give it a little time.

It's all a matter of his psyche. He wants to be a Nole but dignity and self-respect are also important. FSU's staff treated him poorly.

M.O.T.H.
11-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I question how much Floyd actually likes us these days. At a time South Carolina and Florida lead the way but, I think he's leaning in a different direction now. His signing would be massive for us...we're looking rather light up the middle next season with the loss of Nate Pepper.

I dont know what is going through Lattimore's head. I still think we're secretly the front runners but, who knows?

Hines
11-02-2009, 01:40 PM
I question how much Floyd actually likes us these days. At a time South Carolina and Florida lead the way but, I think he's leaning in a different direction now. His signing would be massive for us...we're looking rather light up the middle next season with the loss of Nate Pepper.

I dont know what is going through Lattimore's head. I still think we're secretly the front runners but, who knows?

Floyd seems to like everyone everytime he visits someone new. Should be interesting int he next couple of months.

CashmoneyDrew
11-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Lots of Vols insiders saying we are in really good shape with Jeff Luc and Christian Jones.

BigJohn98
11-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Lots of Vols insiders saying we are in really good shape with Jeff Luc and Christian Jones.

STAY AWAY FROM JONES!

etk
11-02-2009, 06:11 PM

Luc is a Vol unless his family gets involved.

Jones is all FSU....doubt that changes.

CashmoneyDrew
11-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Luc is a Vol unless his family gets involved.

Jones is all FSU....doubt that changes.

Well, the guy that is saying this is apparently reliable and was the first to call BB and Nuke to UT last year. He says Monte Kiffin has personally gotten involved with Luc and his family and has won over his mom. He also says Luc has an uncle in Knoxville so take all of that for what it's worth. I'm still taking it all with a grain of salt because I don't want my heart broken if for some reason he doesn't end up at Tennessee. lol

etk
11-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Well, the guy that is saying this is apparently reliable and was the first to call BB and Nuke to UT last year. He says Monte Kiffin has personally gotten involved with Luc and his family and has won over his mom. He also says Luc has an uncle in Knoxville so take all of that for what it's worth. I'm still taking it all with a grain of salt because I don't want my heart broken if for some reason he doesn't end up at Tennessee. lol

There's still a couple months to go for Luc. He'd be a Vol today but that can change over time.

freeupfreeney
11-02-2009, 11:45 PM
I think that Jordan Hicks is the best LB, I'd take him over LUC. He plays like the water boy.

CashmoneyDrew
11-02-2009, 11:54 PM
I think that Jordan Hicks is the best LB, I'd take him over LUC. He plays like the water boy.

Jordan Hicks is damn good. But if the rumors are true, a future linbacker core of Jeff Luc, Michael Taylor and maybe Christian Jones......

Daaaaaaaaaaammmmnnn!

draftguru151
11-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Eduardo Clements commits to Miami. Shocking! :eek:

sbh15
11-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I was hearing that Jordan Hicks had UF moving way up and it's possible that we've been cooling on Luc.

Ward
11-03-2009, 03:35 PM
I was hearing that Jordan Hicks had UF moving way up and it's possible that we've been cooling on Luc.

Where does Texas stand with Hicks?

keylime_5
11-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Texas has a good shot at Hicks. Florida is right there too. Of course OSU is right there too, being the homestate school and simply having the plus that his mom wouldnt have to move if he went there. I'm not counting Meyer out, but I think it'll be either OSU or Texas.

djp
11-03-2009, 04:05 PM
This Miami class doesn't have the sheer top end talent of the 08 class, but damn it's shaping up real nicely. If they can get Linder (which they should) and keep Nix and possibly steal Ego Ferguson... I'll be extremely happy with what Miami has done.

Not to mention guys like Lemonier that are on the ropes as well.

CC
11-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Michigan gets a commitment from safety Carvin Johnson out of Louisiana.

I know nothing about him, anyone?

Silver & Blue
11-03-2009, 08:13 PM

Heres his scout profile

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=4345365

I'm hoping Michigan gets commitments from Cullen Christian and Tony Grimes, because we need help at the CB spot badly.

Sniper
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
A bunch of mediocre offers. Yay for a defensive player, I suppose. I think this is a pretty telling sign of how the staff feels about guys like Rashad Knight, Josh Furman and other top safeties.

critesy
11-03-2009, 08:22 PM
louisianas top player trovon reed, 4* wr recruit is set to commit next friday. says its between lsu auburn and oregon.

also, adrian hubbard (6'7 227) DE got an offer from auburn today and is scheduling an official visit for the future soon.

HindSight
11-04-2009, 09:03 AM
Texas has a good shot at Hicks. Florida is right there too. Of course OSU is right there too, being the homestate school and simply having the plus that his mom wouldnt have to move if he went there. I'm not counting Meyer out, but I think it'll be either OSU or Texas.
I don't expect him in Columbus.

ToldLikeItIs
11-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Cj is on board, official soon.

keylime_5
11-04-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't expect him in Columbus.

i'm not optomistic, but i wouldnt be too surprised if we got him.

kwilk103
11-04-2009, 09:48 AM
A bunch of mediocre offers. Yay for a defensive player, I suppose. I think this is a pretty telling sign of how the staff feels about guys like Rashad Knight, Josh Furman and other top safeties.

get used to loading up on offensive players

someone on our site looked at our defensive players over rods last 3 years; the attrition was mind boggling; over half were busts, never showed up; the other half have underperformed

ironman4579
11-04-2009, 09:48 AM

Was rated the #48 player in Louisiana. From what I've read, he'll probably end up as a 3 star guy based on offers etc. We seemed to like him, as we offered him pretty early if I recall. The staff probably thinks they've found an under the radar guy.

CashmoneyDrew
11-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Kelcy Quarles and Ahmad Dixon are both visiting the Vols this weekend. Bib, big news.

ToldLikeItIs
11-04-2009, 10:32 AM
Vols are wild.

critesy
11-04-2009, 03:34 PM
Kelcy Quarles and Ahmad Dixon are both visiting the Vols this weekend. Bib, big news.

ahmad dixon is auburns! (of course he is baylors right now) but hes going to come to auburn once trovon reed commits and recuits him. hehehe

CashmoneyDrew
11-04-2009, 05:03 PM
ahmad dixon is auburns! (of course he is baylors right now) but hes going to come to auburn once trovon reed commits and recuits him. hehehe

Eh, I'm more worried about Quarles. I do like Dixon's Friday Night Lights hair cut though.

Sniper
11-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Michigan's latest commitment came on a recommendation from...

Pac Man Jones. Yes, seriously.

http://michigan.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=39&tid=127746751&mid=127746751&sid=883&style=2

BigJohn98
11-06-2009, 10:45 AM
As expected, Michael Dyer commits to Auburn.

CashmoneyDrew
11-06-2009, 10:54 AM
As expected, Michael Dyer commits to Auburn.

Congrats to Auburn, but that's one that probably won't be over until national signing day.

metafour
11-06-2009, 05:45 PM
but that's one that probably won't be over until national signing day.

Welcome to newfound Tennessee homerism.

Dyer will sign with Auburn, period.

CashmoneyDrew
11-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Welcome to newfound Tennessee homerism.

Dyer will sign with Auburn, period.

Never did I say anything about Tennessee. But just like with any other kid, nothing is set in stone until they sign the papers.

etk
11-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Never did I say anything about Tennessee. But just like with any other kid, nothing is set in stone until they sign the papers.

Dyer is as solid as it gets right now. He's been all AU for a while and has been recruiting (especially Lattimore) for the Tigers.

No commitment is over until the papers get faxed in, but Dyer's recruitment is not worth getting worked up about.

metafour
11-06-2009, 10:33 PM

LOL @ this little baby neg-repping me over everything.

W/ an Eric Berry sig I'm assuming you're a Vol fan. Your fanbase is out of control and it is almost comical. Sites like VolNation are pushing so much garbage its almost getting ridiculous. Apparently everyone who visits UT is going to sign with them. Yesterday they were clinging onto this rumor that Dyer was going to shock everyone and commit to UT today, now they're clinging onto the notion that its a "very soft" commitment because get this, one of his teammate's (Dakota Mosely) dad is making comments that apparently suggest that Tennessee isn't out of it yet. It seems like no one is bothering to pay attention to Mr. Dyer himself because for months he's been making extremely strong statements (using "WE" in reference to Auburn) and continued along the same path today (including, as mentioned, talking about recruiting Lattimore to Auburn). Not even Orgeron is going to out-recruit Gus Malzahn for an offensive player from the state of Arkansas.

CashmoneyDrew
11-06-2009, 10:41 PM
LOL @ this little baby neg-repping me over everything.

Who are you? This is the first time I ever remember talking to you so I don't know what you mean by everything. And yes I'll neg rep you for accusing me of something that isn't true. It's funny you call me a baby when you're crying about Internet rep.

W/ an Eric Berry sig I'm assuming you're a Vol fan.

At least you guessed one thing right.

Your fanbase is out of control and it is almost comical. Sites like VolNation are pushing so much garbage its almost getting ridiculous. Apparently everyone who visits UT is going to sign with them. Yesterday they were clinging onto this rumor that Dyer was going to shock everyone and commit to UT today, now they're clinging onto the notion that its a "very soft" commitment because get this, one of his teammate's (Dakota Mosely) dad is making comments that apparently suggest that Tennessee isn't out of it yet. It seems like no one is bothering to pay attention to Mr. Dyer himself because for months he's been making extremely strong statements (using "WE" in reference to Auburn) and continued along the same path today (including, as mentioned, talking about recruiting Lattimore to Auburn). Not even Orgeron is going to out-recruit Gus Malzahn for an offensive player from the state of Arkansas.

You obviously haven't seen many of my posts here because I've always stated at how much I dislike Volnation and that for the most part that site is homers. But, there are a few posters over there who are very knowledgeable but like I said, on the majority I will agree that Volnation is worthless.

metafour
11-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Who are you? This is the first time I ever remember talking to you so I don't know what you mean by everything.

You neg repped me for stating that Ben Tate clowned Eric Berry.

CLong4Heisman
11-06-2009, 11:37 PM
You neg repped me for stating that Ben Tate clowned Eric Berry.

I just neg repped you for being a clown

Smooth Criminal
11-07-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't really follow recruiting, but can someone give me the chances of OSU getting some of those high ranked guys? I saw ESPN has them recruiting the #1 LT and #1 and 4 CBs. Those are the 3 I'm really interested in.

keylime_5
11-07-2009, 10:11 AM
I saw Kegan Funderburk play last night. Offered by Wisconsin and Michigan State. Smallish division HS ball in south carolina so he was the biggest guy on the field on either side by far, so it's not really fair, but he's clearly a big and fast guy at DE and WR/TE. 6-3, 240.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ohiostate/football/recruiting/player-Kegan-Funderburk-94628

keylime_5
11-07-2009, 10:14 AM
I don't really follow recruiting, but can someone give me the chances of OSU getting some of those high ranked guys? I saw ESPN has them recruiting the #1 LT and #1 and 4 CBs. Those are the 3 I'm really interested in.

Liking the chances with Shaw and Joyner a lot. Those two plus the Glenville safeties (Chris Bryant and LaTwan Anderson) would give us the best DB haul this year. Henderson no one knows. Minnesota, Notre Dame, or maybe USC could get him. Mike Farrell at Rivals.com says we're the team to beat, though he's not always that good at picking these kinda things. However he did get the scoop on Corey Brown (2010 RB/WR) to OSU right before anyone else. We might lead for 5 star DT Sharrif Floyd too. We're in the top 3 with Jordan Hicks. Lots of big names we're in on...we wont get em all but we're gonna get a few at least for sure.

etk
11-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Liking the chances with Shaw and Joyner a lot. Those two plus the Glenville safeties (Chris Bryant and LaTwan Anderson) would give us the best DB haul this year. Henderson no one knows. Minnesota, Notre Dame, or maybe USC could get him. Mike Farrell at Rivals.com says we're the team to beat, though he's not always that good at picking these kinda things. However he did get the scoop on Corey Brown (2010 RB/WR) to OSU right before anyone else. We might lead for 5 star DT Sharrif Floyd too. We're in the top 3 with Jordan Hicks. Lots of big names we're in on...we wont get em all but we're gonna get a few at least for sure.

You guys are in better shape than ever for Joyner. Shaw is a UF lean - family wants to move to Florida. He's visiting us in Dec. I believe but probably just as a backup plan to UF.

OSU is definitely in the mix for all of those big names, but I don't think they lead for any that aren't from Glenville. Joyner to FSU is gonna seem more likely as time passes, Henderson is pretty even (no one knows like you said), Floyd to UF, Hicks to UF/Texas, etc.

OSU will need to recruit exceptionally well for those guys. Not sure you guys can close well enough to beat the UFs and USCs.

M.O.T.H.
11-07-2009, 11:02 AM
As Hines said a few posts back, it's hard to gauge what Sharrif is actually thinking. He still says he has "very high" interest in SCAR and is still planning on visiting. Who knows? His advisor said we're in really strong shape when it comes to him.

Eric Mack doesnt look like he'll be decommitting, he'll take a visit or two but, he has been recruiting hard for SCAR. He helped a great deal in landing Du'Van Millsap a couple of weeks ago.

I dont know what is going on with Kelcy Quarles or Lattimore for that matter.

4 star CB, Victor Hampton is looking more likely to land here. Ellis Johnson is going after him hard. He'll be coming in when we play Florida, though. :/

Johnavon Fulton absolutely loves us but there still some stiff competition. Fingers crossed there.

Arkansas WR commit, Marquel Wade, really likes SCAR as well. SCAR is really searching hard for a Harvin/Mcclsuter type. Promising some big time playing time right away.

MLB, Justin Parker, is looking more and more likely, he has a visit scheduled for next week. And has named SCAR ahead of Clemson as his favorite, as it is.

keylime_5
11-07-2009, 11:33 AM
You guys are in better shape than ever for Joyner. Shaw is a UF lean - family wants to move to Florida. He's visiting us in Dec. I believe but probably just as a backup plan to UF.

OSU is definitely in the mix for all of those big names, but I don't think they lead for any that aren't from Glenville. Joyner to FSU is gonna seem more likely as time passes, Henderson is pretty even (no one knows like you said), Floyd to UF, Hicks to UF/Texas, etc.

OSU will need to recruit exceptionally well for those guys. Not sure you guys can close well enough to beat the UFs and USCs.

personally i think we get Bryant, Anderson, Joyner, and Shaw. I heard when Shaw visited Florida all the coaches said, "That kids' all buckeye". But being a cali kid who does seem to change his mind a lot it's def not 100% certain where he's going.

I think Hicks to Texas, Floyd to Florida, Henderson to USC/MIN/ND or wherever.

CashmoneyDrew
11-07-2009, 12:54 PM
I dont know what is going on with Kelcy Quarles or Lattimore for that matter.

Kelcy Quarles is visiting Tennessee unofficially today. Common knowledge says that Kelcy likes UT a lot, but unless we make some headway with his father then he won't commit to us.

hmmmm...... now there's talk that Kelcy got hurt in his game last night and won't be making it out today. Not 100% confirmed though.

draftguru151
11-07-2009, 02:28 PM
St. Thomas Aquinas 3* CB Keion Payne commits to Miami.

etk
11-07-2009, 06:20 PM
St. Thomas Aquinas 3* CB Keion Payne commits to Miami.

OMG no wai I thought we had no shot

/sarcasm

Let's see what happens with Greg Dent now.....Linder as well.

wicket
11-07-2009, 07:15 PM
Jahvid Best is down. not looking good
sorry wrong thread

metafour
11-07-2009, 07:54 PM
I just neg repped you for being a clown

LMAO @ these clowns negging me when I've been here longer than all you asshats.

You guys should go change your diapers. Tenn homer negs me for calling him a homer when thats exactly what he was being.

CashmoneyDrew
11-07-2009, 09:39 PM
LMAO @ these clowns negging me when I've been here longer than all you asshats.

Relevance?

You guys should go change your diapers.

Strong statement coming from someone who has done nothing in this thread but cry or whine about rep.

Tenn homer negs me for calling him a homer when thats exactly what he was being.

:rolleyes:
Prove it.

TitanHope
11-07-2009, 10:26 PM
You obviously haven't seen many of my posts here because I've always stated at how much I dislike Volnation and that for the most part that site is homers. But, there are a few posters over there who are very knowledgeable but like I said, on the majority I will agree that Volnation is worthless.

This is true. Especially last season. I couldn't stand to be on there.

But in fairness, when you lose to Wyoming at home on homecoming, the **** will hit the fan. :D

The recruiting section there is very good though - especially with keeping up the latest information on visits, stats/performance, etc.

CashmoneyDrew
11-08-2009, 02:43 AM
This is true. Especially last season. I couldn't stand to be on there.

But in fairness, when you lose to Wyoming at home on homecoming, the **** will hit the fan. :D

The recruiting section there is very good though - especially with keeping up the latest information on visits, stats/performance, etc.

There are people over there starting Crompton for Heisman threads and they 100% mean it. :rolleyes:

OregonDucks
11-08-2009, 03:24 AM
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/917258.html

Apparently Floyd knows where hes going, they seem to think is SCAR.

M.O.T.H.
11-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Floyd likes everybody. haha. But hopefully what I've been hearing is true. A lot of people seem to think SCAR is his favorite. But just last week, I was hearing that people thought he was favoring Ohio State, slightly in front of Florida. So who knows?

But hey, Floyd and Ladi playing side by side. That would be amazing. :)

BPhilb
11-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Darvin Ruise from Glen St. Mary FL signed with MU today. He will likely play linebacker for us in the next couple of years. I've only seen video of him but seems like a nice athlete. Do any of you Florida guys know much on him?

CashmoneyDrew
11-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Apparently Texas 4 star safety Ahmad Dixon is opening up his commitment from Baylor. Says Tennessee is probably his number one right now.

This kid is getting ridiculous now though. He was committed to Texas before Baylor and now he might go another place. Just shows that commitments aren't worth diddly poo until the papers are signed.

keylime_5
11-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Josh Shaw said he's announcing next week. Ready to be a Gator.

CashmoneyDrew
11-10-2009, 09:30 PM
GA 4 star OT Jawuan James committed to the Vols today.

draftguru151
11-10-2009, 09:41 PM
3* WR Allen Hurns commits to Miami. Been expected for a long time.

Brandon Linder mentioned something about committing in the next week or two.

critesy
11-13-2009, 12:39 PM
4* WR Trovon Reed commited to auburn today. louisianas #1 rated player.

:D

JRTPlaya21
11-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Keenan Allen to Bama

critesy
11-14-2009, 11:41 AM
auburn has the #8 class now ahead of the likes of usc, ohio state, miami notre dame. never thought id see the day. (alas recruiting isnt close to being over but still :) )

draftguru151
11-15-2009, 06:31 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36514

Recruiting draft sign up!

etk
11-16-2009, 09:10 AM
I'd do it but I don't know how well I can commit. Plus I haven't seen a lot of national film.

crisco0710
11-16-2009, 01:38 PM
According to Temple paper, if Lachae isn't visting USC's Campus, then he has been visiting the campus that USC is playing that weekend. Looks like he will be a trojan.

JFLO
11-16-2009, 01:53 PM
According to Temple paper, if Lachae isn't visting USC's Campus, then he has been visiting the campus that USC is playing that weekend. Looks like he will be a trojan.

I don't buy it. Lache has "analysts and experts" going into a lot of different directions with his process.

I still think he ends up in LSU or Texas but I wouldn't count out Southern Cal either.

Seantrel Henderson has been doing the same exact thing this year too...he visited Ohio State and Notre Dame when USC came into town.

Sniper
11-17-2009, 02:22 PM
CA DB Josh Shaw to Florida.

http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=2&c=920416&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http://florida.scout.com/2/920416.html

M.O.T.H.
11-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Adrian Hubbard absolutely loved his Gamecock visit.

Sniper
11-17-2009, 03:13 PM
CA RB and USC commit Dillon Baxter is expected to be one of the visitors for The Game this weekend.

ToldLikeItIs
11-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Seantrel will be in Iowa City this weekend. Give me rep, now. Right now.

critesy
11-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Adrian Hubbard absolutely loved his Gamecock visit.

nooooo, i read an article about that :(

on the other hand with the trovon signing. him and lache are super close friends, growing up with eachother so hopefully trovon can sway him enough with the interest he already has, to come here (auburn).

iowatreat54
11-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Seantrel will be in Iowa City this weekend. Give me rep, now. Right now.

For an unofficial, which more than likely is because we are playing Minnesota.

He might have interest in Iowa as you have said, but he's visiting because we are playing Minnesota, not just to visit Iowa. (If the rumors are indeed true)

That's not to say I think he isn't interested, but in my opinion (which really means nothing) I'd have to say he might have a little interest but really is coming because it's vs. Minnesota.

CJ Fiedwhorewitz is also visiting Saturday.

ToldLikeItIs
11-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Cj has been a Hawk for awhile.

Seantrel likes Iowa a lot Treat, and has for quite some time.

iowatreat54
11-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Cj has been a Hawk for awhile.

Seantrel likes Iowa a lot Treat, and has for quite some time.

I don't want to sound like I'm doubting it, but if Seantrel is so high on Iowa, I just don't see why he would come on an unofficial vs. a team in his top 5 rather than taking an official visit for any other game @Iowa or even an official this weekend.

And I've believed CJ will be a hawk for a while now as well. However, if he chooses to stay with Illinois I won't really care.

ToldLikeItIs
11-17-2009, 08:34 PM
He must be going to recruit Shumpert, Kirksey and Coker to Minnesota.

sbh15
11-18-2009, 04:57 PM
Apparently Josh Shaw and Ronald Powell are really close, that should help bring both to UF.

JFLO
11-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Apparently Josh Shaw and Ronald Powell are really close, that should help bring both to UF.

Yea, the more I read on Ronald Powell, the more I think he ends up in Gainesville.

It's a long ways away from home, but it didn't stop Josh Shaw.

sbh15
11-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Also, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Chris Martin is a Gator by the time the weekend of the FSU game is over.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Dyjuan Lewis to Cincinnati. This is probably the biggest get of Brian Kelly's tenure there (meaning it's probably the best recruit they have ever gotten).

EDIT: They could do even better this year if they beat out Notre Dame and Ohio State for Matt James.

ToldLikeItIs
11-20-2009, 12:39 PM
BearsFan conveniently avoids the cold, hard truth that Seantrel is and has been legitimately interested in Iowa for quite some time.

It's ok BearsFan, no one noticed but me.

HindSight
11-20-2009, 01:30 PM
nobody notices the dancing purple leprechaun in the corner except the patient in the loony bin.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2009, 01:41 PM
BearsFan conveniently avoids the cold, hard truth that Seantrel is and has been legitimately interested in Iowa for quite some time.

It's ok BearsFan, no one noticed but me.
I'd put it at about 2% now, only because USC is struggling this year, which has likely opened up the race a bit.

There, feel better?

ToldLikeItIs
11-20-2009, 02:15 PM
That's funny, one of his old teammates and current Hawkeye's puts it right around 33%, at worst.

Hmm..

bearsfan_51
11-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Well he certainly wouldn't have any bias.

Lots of players in D1 football played for Cretin Hall. More of them are on the Gophers than any other team. Do you have a point?

djp
11-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Ronald Powell is a Gator lock and has been for awhile.

HindSight
11-20-2009, 02:50 PM
That's funny, one of his old teammates and current Hawkeye's puts it right around 33%, at worst.

Hmm..
Wow. Why didn't you bring this rock hard evidence forward sooner? Is it too early to let him suit up against Minnesota?

ToldLikeItIs
11-20-2009, 05:52 PM
If Seantrel is looking to stay close to home, as rumored, why wouldn't he attend Iowa?

yo123
11-20-2009, 05:55 PM
nobody notices the dancing purple leprechaun in the corner except the patient in the loony bin.

This was brilliant.

critesy
11-20-2009, 06:18 PM
auburn has 6 official visits for the iron bowl right now and there is most likely going to be more... ooo weee, going to be a huge week.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2009, 06:28 PM
If Seantrel is looking to stay close to home, as rumored, why wouldn't he attend Iowa?
Seantrel essentially has two options, stay at home, or play somewhere else for a national championship.

In either case, Iowa isn't the most obvious option. You might say he'll have more of an opportunity to win at Iowa than Minnesota, but if that's what is important to him, he'll just go to OSU, USC, or Florida.....not Iowa.

You're looking at Iowa as the best of both worlds, whereas most people would consider them worst of both worlds. I can't see them being higher than 5th or 6th on the list.

Hines
11-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Told, if Seantrel goes to Iowa, I will send you nudes of myself.

iowatreat54
11-20-2009, 07:53 PM

Why would you punish told for being right?

Hines
11-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Why would you punish told for being right?

He'd like it too much. I think he'll visit, but not go to school there.

iowatreat54
11-20-2009, 08:37 PM
He'd like it too much. I think he'll visit, but not go to school there.

Well, he is visiting tomorrow, but unofficially. He still has 3 officials left, with the only one currently planned I believe to USC.

bearsfan_51
11-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Now I kinda want Seantrel to go to Iowa....

Hines
11-20-2009, 09:05 PM
It was a joke.

VoteLynnSwan
11-21-2009, 02:12 PM
It was a joke.

posting on the internet is equivalent to signing a binding legal document.

I'm gonna go ahead and quote you here just in case you want to try and edit your post.

iowatreat54
11-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Well, on the negative side, I really don't think Iowa did anything to convince Seantrel. However, Minnesota might have shown him enough to make his decision easier.

I'm more worried that we didn't impress CJ in person. Hopefully he realizes today was a terrible offensive game.

bearsfan_51
11-21-2009, 02:23 PM
The fact that they only threw one ball to the tight end (which was incomplete) probably doesn't help.

iowatreat54
11-21-2009, 02:25 PM
The fact that they only threw one ball to the tight end (which was incomplete) probably doesn't help.

Yup.

Just look at the 3rd downs. You take a game like Michigan, where we exploited the blitz to dump to the TE, perfect. Today, we could easily have done the same thing. The last couple games it just seems like our staff was just packing it in and going through the motions, especially today. We need a OC that isn't the most predictable play caller in the country.

JFLO
11-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Kid I went to high school and played football with during my senior year, offensive tackle Skyler Schofner committed to Michigan State today.

He's really raw but he has a lot of potential and athleticism. He's definitely athletic enough (6'7", 290) to play left tackle but it will take time.

ToldLikeItIs
11-21-2009, 11:00 PM
You're reaching BF.

CJ is a Hawk treat. Why can't you accept that? We didn't need to "impress" him.

iowatreat54
11-22-2009, 01:36 AM
You're reaching BF.

CJ is a Hawk treat. Why can't you accept that? We didn't need to "impress" him.

When have I ever said he wasn't?

All I said is that the game he came to see wasn't very impressive to show to a TE recruit.

Jesus christ, stop acting like you are the end all be all of Iowa recruiting. I still think CJ ends up at Iowa, I just said we didn't have a game that would impress him.

Just because I post an opinion that might portray a possible negative light, doesn't mean I'm negative. Honestly, try looking at things realistically instead of with Black and Gold shades on. Any objective viewer could have said that this last game wouldn't have impressed CJ, yet I said hopefully he looks at our previous repertoire and how successful our TEs have been, and that he knows Iowa is the place for him.

Stop acting like any non-positive opinion is, "zzzzomgzzz Iowa sucks and hazz no chanzzz." It's called being realistic and more people respect a realistic opinion rather than a completely homeristic skewed opinion. Stop acting like I don't want CJ to come to Iowa.

P-L
11-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Things look good for Michigan and Big Tex Beachum.

CashmoneyDrew
11-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Corey Lemonier and Calvin Smith both visited Tennessee this weekend, word is they both really enjoyed it and we're the leader for Calvin Smith. Corey Lemonier is hard to get a read on though.

sbh15
11-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Corey Lemonier and Calvin Smith both visited Tennessee this weekend, word is they both really enjoyed it and we're the leader for Calvin Smith. Corey Lemonier is hard to get a read on though.

Lemonier is as good as a Cane and has been for quite some time, I believe.

draftguru151
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Haven't seen anything about him definitely being a Cane, quite the opposite in fact. A lot of Illinois, UF and FSU, very little Cane stuff.

sbh15
11-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Haven't seen anything about him definitely being a Cane, quite the opposite in fact. A lot of Illinois, UF and FSU, very little Cane stuff.

Really? Well my info hasn't been too good of late, hence the reason I haven't done much posting here. Guess I was mislead. I'm fairly sure that we're not in it, though.

draftguru151
11-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Yea I really don't believe anything about him going somewhere because I doubt he knows himself. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up at UT though if they take Smith too.

CashmoneyDrew
11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
I think if we got Lemonier and Smith we'd probably drop J.C. Copeland and Risean Broussard.

JFLO
11-22-2009, 09:43 PM
South Carolina just got a commitment from a player (Byrnes, SC) named Nike Jones...seriously, Nike?

Sniper
11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
South Carolina just got a commitment from a player (Byrnes, SC) named Nike Jones...seriously, Nike?

It's Nick Jones.

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Yeah, Nick...he's one of the guys they want to try and turn into a Mccluster type.

Not the Byrnes player I want the most, though. :D

CashmoneyDrew
11-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Yeah, Nick...he's one of the guys they want to try and turn into a Mccluster type.

Not the Byrnes player I want the most, though. :D

Corey Miller and Brandon Willis > Marcus Lattimore!

:D

JFLO
11-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Is his nickname Nike? because ESPN wrote it that way

M.O.T.H.
11-22-2009, 10:09 PM
It's so disappointing that we dont take Byrnes for everything they have. We would be amazing.

P-L
11-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Cullen Christian is going to make his commitment to U-M public tomorrow.

ironman4579
11-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Cullen Christian is going to make his commitment to U-M public tomorrow.

I know we had a discussion about this at one point PL, but apparently Marvin Robinson said after the OSU game that the coaches have told him he'll definately start out at safety. That obviously doesn't preclude a move to LB at some point in the future though.

Sounds like we're looking at least decent with a bunch of the prospects (besides Christian) that were at The Game as well.

Sniper
11-23-2009, 11:58 AM
I know we had a discussion about this at one point PL, but apparently Marvin Robinson said after the OSU game that the coaches have told him he'll definately start out at safety. That obviously doesn't preclude a move to LB at some point in the future though.

It's where he should play. I don't get the fascination with putting him at LB. He's very efficient at covering the deep ball. After years and years of watching UM safeties fail miserably at this, I want a deep cover guy.

Just think...this recruiting class could bring us a secondary of Marvin Robinson, Cullen Christian and Tony Grimes as the headliners, with good depth for the class being provided by Courtney Avery, Terrence Talbott, Carvin Johnson and Adrian Witty. This is exactly the type of DB haul we need this year.

ironman4579
11-23-2009, 12:03 PM
It's where he should play. I don't get the fascination with putting him at LB. He's very efficient at covering the deep ball. After years and years of watching UM safeties fail miserably at this, I want a deep cover guy.

Just think...this recruiting class could bring us a secondary of Marvin Robinson, Cullen Christian and Tony Grimes as the headliners, with good depth for the class being provided by Courtney Avery, Terrence Talbott, Carvin Johnson and Adrian Witty. This is exactly the type of DB haul we need this year.

I was hoping he'd play safety as well. But there was talk of him moving to LB because he was up to something like 210+ already.

I'm actually getting more excited about Carvin Johnson as well. He seems to be a ballhawk, which we haven't had at safety, like, ever. He recently had a 2 INT, 2 sack game in the playoffs, and has something like 6 INT's overall. Plus he's supposedly a pretty good punt/kick returner. Might be an overlooked guy because he didn't really go to any camps, but the local media down there seems to like him alot.

If/when we get Grimes, I guess that means we'll be getting Clarence Murphy as well. They're apparently a package deal, according to Grimes.

Sniper
11-23-2009, 12:15 PM
I was hoping he'd play safety as well. But there was talk of him moving to LB because he was up to something like 210+ already.

I think he's at about 205-210. I suppose we'll see.

I'm actually getting more excited about Carvin Johnson as well. He seems to be a ballhawk, which we haven't had at safety, like, ever. He recently had a 2 INT, 2 sack game in the playoffs, and has something like 6 INT's overall. Plus he's supposedly a pretty good punt/kick returner. Might be an overlooked guy because he didn't really go to any camps, but the local media down there seems to like him alot.

His coach posted on Rivals, saying Carvin didn't hit any camps or anything of the sort. He did say that after Carvin committed to Michigan, LSU's coaches called and asked if they had dropped the ball, to which the coach said yes. Who knows? LSU could still offer. I like Carvin as a good FS as well.

If/when we get Grimes, I guess that means we'll be getting Clarence Murphy as well. They're apparently a package deal, according to Grimes.

Yeah, I think that's accurate. I'm not a huge Murphy fan, but I think he could fit in well at the DE spot in about 2-3 years. He's a virtual certainty to redshirt. He only weighs about 235 but has good burst. 2-3 years should give him time to get up to 260-265ish.

Grimes has offers from the likes of Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon and Ole Miss and is a good-sized corner. With all due respect to a guy like Dior Mathis, I'd rather we stayed away from smurf corners. Or, if you're going to bring one or two in, don't do it every single year.

In a Scout article that just came out, Murphy says that UM leads for him and Grimes, but they will wait until NSD.

JFLO
11-23-2009, 02:29 PM
scout.com just named their "first" five stars for the class of 2011:

DeAnthony Thomas RB(ATH) Los Angeles, California

Ben Koyack Tight End Oil City, Pennsylvania

Tim Jernigan Defensive Tackle, Lake City, Florida

I understand Thomas, but it's kinda surprising that a tight end was one of the first tight ends that they recognized as a five star.

bearsfan_51
11-23-2009, 04:42 PM
but it's kinda surprising that a tight end was one of the first tight ends.
http://www.scotlands-enchanting-kingdom.com/images/confused-monkey.jpg

sbh15
11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
scout.com just named their "first" five stars for the class of 2011:

DeAnthony Thomas RB(ATH) Los Angeles, California

Ben Koyack Tight End Oil City, Pennsylvania

Tim Jernigan Defensive Tackle, Lake City, Florida

I understand Thomas, but it's kinda surprising that a tight end was one of the first tight ends that they recognized as a five star.

Yeah I saw that, and supposedly Jernigan is a Gator lock. Good news.

Also, word is that unless ND keeps Weis or makes a slam dunk hire, Chris Martin is going to make pull a switcharoo to the Gators.

etk
11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Lemonier is as good as a Cane and has been for quite some time, I believe.

He was a lean MUCH earlier in the process, but him and Smith have been leaning to Illinois for a while. Zook would have to get fired for us to inch back to the top.

Either way, Tennessee is running 4th at best.

UF is out of it. They're getting their DE quota soon enough.

Jernigan has some ties to FSU. I wouldn't call him a Gator lock, but he could be one of their first commits.

JFLO
11-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah I saw that, and supposedly Jernigan is a Gator lock. Good news.

Also, word is that unless ND keeps Weis or makes a slam dunk hire, Chris Martin is going to make pull a switcharoo to the Gators.

Yea, I've been reading a lot of ND commits are on the fence. It's only word of mouth but letting Charlie Weis go would probably get rid of a lot of players, not just Martin.

Tai-ler Jones supposedly said today that he will remain with Notre Dame, but he decommitted from Stanford to end up in South Bend, so...

Not that they have a lot of "stand out" commits as it is, but I wouldn't be surprised to see guys like Gio Bernard or Cam Roberson to leave.

CashmoneyDrew
11-23-2009, 08:21 PM
I know Tennessee is pushing hard for Tommy Rees. And Tennessee leads for Calvin Smith etk. It's just a matter of whether or not we'll take him.

etk
11-23-2009, 08:25 PM
I know Tennessee is pushing hard for Tommy Rees. And Tennessee leads for Calvin Smith etk. It's just a matter of whether or not we'll take him.

Yeah I know he said that in an article, but he has big connections to Illinois. Personally I think it's ridiculous that Illinois will probably retain Zook, and it's even more ridiculous that a guy like Lemonier would consider them under any circumstances.

I'd be glad if they went to Tenn, which is saying something because I hate Lane Kiffin and Ed Orgeron.

Maybe you guys can open the door for us with Lemonier again :)

CashmoneyDrew
11-23-2009, 08:26 PM
I'd like to have Lemonier but he's not do or die since we are stacked at DE so far in this class. Who I really want is Kelcy Quarles....

Hehe, sorry MOTH.

bearsfan_51
11-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Kip Smith, K, decommittes from Minnesota to UCLA.

His reasoning? Goldy made fun of that Penn State player praying.

I kid you not.

Hey "Kip", don't let the door hit you in the ass dude.

iowatreat54
11-24-2009, 12:22 AM
To be fair, Goldy mocking someone praying was pretty classless.

Who knows, maybe religion is something that's really important to the kid.

yo123
11-24-2009, 12:23 AM

How does Goldy the Gopher impact his stay in Minnesota whatsoever? It's not like they go out to dinner with the team after games and stuff. I doubt half the team knows the guy's name.

Not that I care, it's a kicker.

bearsfan_51
11-24-2009, 12:24 AM

Seriously? It's a giant stuffed animal. If you're so insecure in your faith that a team mascot making a joke offends you.....nevermind. Have fun Kip. Enjoy the rapture.

iowatreat54
11-24-2009, 12:34 AM
How does Goldy the Gopher impact his stay in Minnesota whatsoever? It's not like they go out to dinner with the team after games and stuff. I doubt half the team knows the guy's name.

Not that I care, it's a kicker.

I'm just saying, Goldy is a representative of the University of Minnesota, and seeing what he did made me think I'd be embarrassed if I was fan or part of the University. Maybe the kid feels the same way, and doesn't want to associate himself with that. Maybe he thinks that in Minnesota it's ok to mock someone's religion, and he doesn't want to go through that if he's religious. I don't know what he's thinking, just offering a guess.

I'm just playing devil's advocate. I wouldn't base my college decision on something like that, but I'd wonder if any action was taken by the school against whoever the mascot was.

bearsfan_51
11-24-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm just saying, Goldy is a representative of the University of Minnesota, and seeing what he did made me think I'd be embarrassed if I was fan or part of the University. Maybe the kid feels the same way, and doesn't want to associate himself with that. Maybe he thinks that in Minnesota it's ok to mock someone's religion, and he doesn't want to go through that if he's religious. I don't know what he's thinking, just offering a guess.

I'm just playing devil's advocate. I wouldn't base my college decision on something like that, but I'd wonder if any action was taken by the school against whoever the mascot was.
You went to Iowa correct? I can almost guarantee you that the department of religion at the University of Iowa (or history, or anthropology, or sociology), and almost every other public university in the country, is at least in part dedicated to mocking the crazy **** that people believe God does, or says, or thinks. If you want to go to a University that doesn't challenge faith, go to BYU. The kid is in for a serious culture shock at UCLA.

yo123
11-24-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm just saying, Goldy is a representative of the University of Minnesota, and seeing what he did made me think I'd be embarrassed if I was fan or part of the University. Maybe the kid feels the same way, and doesn't want to associate himself with that.

If that kid really thinks that the actions of a giant stuffed Gopher reflects the thoughts and beliefs of an entire University then I'm shocked that he got accepted here in the first place.

Maybe he thinks that in Minnesota it's ok to mock someone's religion, and he doesn't want to go through that if he's religious. I don't know what he's thinking, just offering a guess.

Yup, that's it. Minnesota hates religion.

iowatreat54
11-24-2009, 01:02 AM
Like I said, this isn't what I think, I'm just offering what could be his viewpoint to what bf51 made seem like was a completely ridiculous excuse.

And to your point bf51, there's a big difference between classes and departments offered and seeing a representative from the school mocking a religion on national television.

I don't agree with the kid's decision to switch based solely for that reason, nor do I believe the University or state or football team are fierce discriminators against religion, as I've said a couple times. I was merely offering up an argument as to why the kid may have made that choice, to make it seem like his decision wasn't completely irrational or unjustified.

I don't want to discuss religion or all that, so hopefully my point was made.

ToldLikeItIs
11-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Jay Holstein.

LizardState
11-24-2009, 08:27 AM
In the Rivals.com recruiting rankings for next season's incoming freshman class, Texas is rated #1 and Alabama #2. Penn St is 3rd & LSU is 4th.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880

They call USC Tailback U. for a reason, they're ranked #1 in RBs.

Also in the Pac 10 among overall recruiting the surprises are Washington at #15 & Stanford #16, the marquee names appeal of Sarkesian & Harbaugh respectively have been recruit magnets for their schools. it is especially high for Stanford with their high academic standards & they don't take Juco transfers.

Alabama is #1 with DBs, head & shoulders above anyone else with 2 5-star recruits including #1 ranked Demarcus Milliner to join former top-ranked Dre Kirkpatrick.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/TeamRank.asp?sort=0&year=2010&postype=14

DE Wilson Love from Mtn. Brook HS will be the latest in the long line of DEs at Bama following in the footsteps of Wallace Gilberry (led SEC in TFLs in 08) & current starter Brandon Deaderick.

Post the outstanding names from your team(s) in the Rivals rankings here

Sniper
11-24-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm so jealous of Bama's DB recruiting. It's like there's a factory down there for 6'2" DBs.

Hines
11-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Alex Smith switches from Cincy to North Carolina.

Sniper
11-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Alex Smith switches from Cincy to North Carolina.

You said you wouldn't post!

LIAR!

critesy
11-24-2009, 12:44 PM
auburn has the #2 wr class acording to that one list thingy on rivals. sweet.

Hines
11-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Also heard that Sharif Floyd might be a "silent commitment" to Ohio State. Sigh.

sbh15
11-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Also heard that Sharif Floyd might be a "silent commitment" to Ohio State. Sigh.

Yeah, he's a Buckeye.

And Florida's class is shaping up to be insane, I can't wait to see Chris Martin and Ronald Powell pressuring the QB. Other leads we have in the Rivals 100 are Chaz Green and Chris Dunkley, and we're in it for quite a few more.

Hines
11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah, he's a Buckeye.

And Florida's class is shaping up to be insane, I can't wait to see Chris Martin and Ronald Powell pressuring the QB. Other leads we have in the Rivals 100 are Chaz Green and Chris Dunkley, and we're in it for quite a few more.

I guess Adrian Coxson is visiting Florida this weekend. I am not worried, but other Penn State fans are. Don't take him. You already took JJ from us last year.

Sniper
11-24-2009, 07:04 PM
PA CB Cullen Christian commits to Michigan.

superman8456
11-24-2009, 07:11 PM

I'm not surprised. I think his coaching staff was pushing for Ohio St because they have ties with them, could be wrong though.

Hines
11-24-2009, 07:12 PM
PA CB Cullen Christian commits to Michigan.

Biggest shocker of the recruiting season by far.

JRTPlaya21
11-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Anthony Barr down to ND & UCLA. May be old news to some.

Ivan McCartney has a top 3 of Pitt, WVU & the U

P-L
11-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Biggest shocker of the recruiting season by far.
The biggest shock is that he's was able to keep his commitment a secret since May.

critesy
11-24-2009, 10:12 PM
OL Roszell Gayden
OL/TE Brandon Mosley
DE Corey Lemonier
LB C.J. Mosley
CB Eric Russell
PK Cody ParkeyRB

the official visits for auburn for the iron bowl. with a billion unofficials.

Hines
11-24-2009, 10:53 PM
The biggest shock is that he's was able to keep his commitment a secret since May.

I don't think it was a secret per say. He didn't announce, but everyone knew he was all Blue and Maize.

HindSight
11-25-2009, 12:22 PM
A non-Iowa slant on Seantrel....stolen from premium. sue me.

Seantrel returned from his unofficial visit to Iowa City yesterday. Had a nice time...but has no plan to go there.

Why not attend Iowa?? Because Seantrel plans on qualifying academically

BufFan71
11-25-2009, 12:50 PM
my friend got invited by Randy Shannon to a Miami game a few weeks ago...

hes only a jr, but hes got offers from LSU, Miami, and a couple other legit D1 schools.

hes a MLB, and at a camp, was laser timed at a 4.69 at 6'0 230lbs

as a freshmen on varsity his stat were
104 tackles 2 sacks

as a sophmore his stats were
164tackles 4 sacks 1 FF 1FR

This past year his stats were
129 tackles 1 sack 3FF 1FR
he also played a little bit HB for a game and finished with 97yds and 1 td

iowatreat54
11-25-2009, 12:52 PM
A non-Iowa slant on Seantrel....stolen from premium. sue me.

So does this mean he's planning on a school outside the Big XI, like USC or ND?

bearsfan_51
11-25-2009, 02:08 PM
If he's worried about academically qualifying I can't imagine Notre Dame being a possibility. USC and Florida certainly jump out if that's the case.