PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

wicket
11-25-2009, 02:12 PM
If he's worried about academically qualifying I can't imagine Notre Dame being a possibility. USC and Florida certainly jump out if that's the case.

stupid flame is stupid

CashmoneyDrew
11-25-2009, 02:45 PM
stupid flame is stupid

I'm confused. He wasn't flaming Notre Dame. He was just saying Florida and USC's academic standards aren't as high.

wicket
11-25-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm confused. He wasn't flaming Notre Dame. He was just saying Florida and USC's academic standards aren't as high.

nope reread. He was trying to say that if he would want to go to a school where qualifying might be an issue ND wouldnt be that school but florida or usc would be.

CashmoneyDrew
11-25-2009, 02:51 PM
Agree to disagree until he clarifies.

iowatreat54
11-25-2009, 02:52 PM
Yes, well the original post was the reason he won't go to Iowa is because he plans on qualifying academically.

So, that means he isn't worried about qualifying. If that is the case, it sounds like he plans on going to a school with higher academic standards for players, which sounds to me like he is aiming for a school outside the Big XI.

wicket
11-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Agree to disagree until he clarifies.

fair enough

bearsfan_51
11-25-2009, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the neg-rep. I was saying that Notre Dame has higher academic standards than USC or Florida. That's negative because?

P-L
11-25-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm still confused as to what wicket thought you meant. :confused:

bearsfan_51
11-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Who knows. He's from The Netherlands so maybe English isn't his first language.

ToldLikeItIs
11-25-2009, 03:50 PM
He doesn't represent as well as a true Dutchman should.

I come from a long line of well-mannered Van Maanens.

wicket
11-25-2009, 03:55 PM
He doesn't represent as well as a true Dutchman should.

I come from a long line of well-mannered Van Maanens.

Im sorry to have misinterpreted you BF51. Ill rectify it when I can rep you again.

In any dutch name the van is not with a capital. So it would be van Maanen in your case.

bearsfan_51
11-25-2009, 03:59 PM
No prob. I only use it to take points away from Told anyway. :)

wicket
11-25-2009, 04:02 PM
No prob. I only use it to take points away from Told anyway. :)

which is a cause i fully support and you need rep for that ;)

etk
11-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah, he's a Buckeye.

And Florida's class is shaping up to be insane, I can't wait to see Chris Martin and Ronald Powell pressuring the QB. Other leads we have in the Rivals 100 are Chaz Green and Chris Dunkley, and we're in it for quite a few more.

Tennessee leads for Chaz Green. UF may sign just one OL (and LB if they miss on Luc & Hicks).

sbh15
11-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Tennessee leads for Chaz Green. UF may sign just one OL (and LB if they miss on Luc & Hicks).

When did UT take the lead for Green? ****.

etk
11-25-2009, 04:49 PM
When did UT take the lead for Green? ****.

Few weeks, maybe a month.

bigbenn
11-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, this is premium news (As if nobody following couldn't read the tea leaves), but congrats Iowa on CJ...I guess the story is supposed to be breaking with the Sun Times in the next two days?

CashmoneyDrew
11-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Chaz Green and Jawuan James will make sexy bookend tackles in a couple of years. :D

ToldLikeItIs
11-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Benn, what's Zook's situatoin?

critesy
11-25-2009, 06:15 PM
OL Roszell Gayden
OL/TE Brandon Mosley
DE Corey Lemonier
LB C.J. Mosley
CB Eric Russell
PK Cody ParkeyRB

the official visits for auburn for the iron bowl. with a billion unofficials.

RB Michael Dyer and TE/OL Dakota Mosley

joining the official list.

bigbenn
11-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Benn, what's Zook's situatoin?

Supposed to have another year to prove himself...but if the recruiting goes in the crapper, and they lose the final two games? You might see Zook sent packing. It was believed that the two game win streak sparked enough hope but all that came crashing down immediately after they lost the NU game. I honestly don't know but it's really disappointing to see my team struggle like this man. There is no way they should be this bad with the talent they have, both last and this year. I will continue to support them because it's my team, though.

It just sucks...all UI had to do was go to a bowl to get Prater, Lemonier, etc. Then they stunk it up for 6 games out of 7. Even after that they STILL were THIS close to getting Prater, Lemonier, etc. with the two game streak. Then the NW game hits and pow...the Zook stuff starts right back up, Tennessee looks like they'll be getting Lemonier and Smith, Prater looks like he's going to stay with USC, CJ is switching to Iowa, both Daniel Easterly and Dex McDonald (Two guys with LOADS of potential) look like they'll switch to Mizzou and Corey Cooper (Another guy with loads of potential who UI badly needs) also looks as good as gone. Recruiting is Zook's strong point, but when that is fading like this year is (And even last year with guys like Wingo, Jenkins, etc...although they rebounded nicely), then what? If they can pull off some magic and beat Cincy, followed by Fresno State(Should beat them anyway) then things start looking right back good with UI winning four of it's last five games. It's all about perception in recruiting...

bearsfan_51
11-25-2009, 08:59 PM
The history of Illinois football for the last 50 years has been losing with superior talent. People act like this is just a Zook phenomenon. It's a program that should be a lot better than it is, but almost never lives up to outside expectations.

bigbenn
11-25-2009, 11:26 PM
The history of Illinois football for the last 50 years has been losing with superior talent. People act like this is just a Zook phenomenon. It's a program that should be a lot better than it is, but almost never lives up to outside expectations.

No, it isn't...in some cases yes, but in most it's just flat out less talent. This isn't the case though...it's just crazy though man...oh well I'm still going to root regardless and hope for the best...until I get there.:)

BPhilb
11-26-2009, 09:11 AM
No, it isn't...in some cases yes, but in most it's just flat out less talent. This isn't the case though...it's just crazy though man...oh well I'm still going to root regardless and hope for the best...until I get there.:)

Have your heard anything on Easterly. It sounded like he had a great visit to Mizzou last weekend (of course they all say that). Didn't know if you had heard any rumblings on your side

bigbenn
11-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Have your heard anything on Easterly. It sounded like he had a great visit to Mizzou last weekend (of course they all say that). Didn't know if you had heard any rumblings on your side

It looks like he is going to switch...I really hope not. He and Dexter McDonald have enormous potential. Easterly as either a OLB or DE is going to be a big timer. Dexter McDonald has the athleticism and potential to be a shut down corner (This is only his second year playing football) or a ball hawking FS. He's supposed to be going back to Mizzou as well. I hope Zook can hold these two...and Cooper as well. He has big potential. If he can just hold those three and get some others then I'll be ok (Although losing Fiedorowicz, Prater, Lemonier, Smith, etc. REALLY hurts)...as I said a big win over Cincy and Fresno State could get things back interesting for Illinois. I hope they can pull it out. Zook's due for an upset...

HindSight
11-26-2009, 11:40 AM
So does this mean he's planning on a school outside the Big XI, like USC or ND?
It was more a non-Iowa update than non-Big10.

HindSight
11-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Yes, well the original post was the reason he won't go to Iowa is because he plans on qualifying academically.

So, that means he isn't worried about qualifying. If that is the case, it sounds like he plans on going to a school with higher academic standards for players, which sounds to me like he is aiming for a school outside the Big XI.
There are Big10 schools who have higher standards than Iowa. Namely OSU, Mich, and NW. I took the update to mean he'd only go to Iowa if he couldn't make it to the school he really wants.

iowatreat54
11-26-2009, 12:27 PM
There are Big10 schools who have higher standards than Iowa. Namely OSU, Mich, and NW. I took the update to mean he'd only go to Iowa if he couldn't make it to the school he really wants.

I understand it was anti-Iowa, which I'm not surprised he isn't coming, but to say he isn't going to Iowa because he plans on qualifying academically would be very misleading. OSU isn't worlds better than Iowa academically for athletes. It's not like if he doesn't qualify for OSU, then he can still get into Iowa. He might, but the gap between the two for athletes, especially football players, is pretty much negligible. That's why I took the quote/reason to mean that he is planning on qualifying for a school outside the ones he still had interest with in the Big XI, like ND.

CashmoneyDrew
11-26-2009, 01:49 PM
CJ Fiedorwiszvngokob to Iowa official.

ToldLikeItIs
11-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Iowa is in Seantrel's top three.

etk
11-26-2009, 03:57 PM

Great get. Big-time matchup problem.

Iowa is in Seantrel's top three.

The fact that Iowa is even a dark horse and in the mix....

Good job Told. It'll all come crashing down eventually tho....it has to.

ToldLikeItIs
11-26-2009, 04:25 PM
It's not like I come on here and deliberately spread lies.

etk
11-26-2009, 04:28 PM
We all know. It's your innocence and confidence as a homer that makes you so popular here. I wouldn't play along if I thought you were just another "act/gimmick" like those guys in the draft forum.

bearsfan_51
11-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Asked if he liked Iowa enough for them to be one of his finalists, Henderson replied, "Maybe."

His other finalists are Florida, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Southern California and the Gophers.
Yeah that's a ringing endorsement.

BigJohn98
11-27-2009, 06:57 AM
As expected, Greg Dent switches his commitment from Miami to Florida State. Dude is a straight player.

And LOL to whoever said Iowa is in Henderson's top three.

BPhilb
11-27-2009, 08:43 AM
It looks like he is going to switch...I really hope not. He and Dexter McDonald have enormous potential. Easterly as either a OLB or DE is going to be a big timer. Dexter McDonald has the athleticism and potential to be a shut down corner (This is only his second year playing football) or a ball hawking FS. He's supposed to be going back to Mizzou as well. I hope Zook can hold these two...and Cooper as well. He has big potential. If he can just hold those three and get some others then I'll be ok (Although losing Fiedorowicz, Prater, Lemonier, Smith, etc. REALLY hurts)...as I said a big win over Cincy and Fresno State could get things back interesting for Illinois. I hope they can pull it out. Zook's due for an upset...

Had not heard much about McDonald. He does appear to be a boom or bust type of kid who could really blossom like you said. I'll check with my folks and let you know if they are hearing the same.

ToldLikeItIs
11-27-2009, 12:24 PM
That's what I heard.

kwilk103
11-28-2009, 01:27 AM
wvu commit braylon heard had over 300 yds in the state semis; td runs of 40+, 60+, 90+

and doc holliday said a bunch of big time florida recruits texted him after the game congratulating on the win; hope it was elam and mccartney

wicket
11-28-2009, 10:05 AM

best TE in this class imo

sbh15
11-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Not a 2010 recruit, but Florida's 1st of the day is in.

ATH A.C. Leonard commits. 6' 3", 225 lbs., 4.55 forty, 42 inch vertical.

critesy
11-28-2009, 03:16 PM
TE/OL dakota mosley commits to auburn today.

wicket
11-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Not a 2010 recruit, but Florida's 1st of the day is in.

ATH A.C. Leonard commits. 6' 3", 225 lbs., 4.55 forty, 42 inch vertical.

what are you going to let him play? Linebacker, safety? Let him lose some weight and play wideout?

etk
11-28-2009, 05:29 PM
what are you going to let him play? Linebacker, safety? Let him lose some weight and play wideout?

Don't ask a 225 lb. athlete to lose weight in college. That's impossible.

sbh15
11-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Word on the grapevine is Martin made his switch to UF official.

Matt Elam's facebook status:

"Playing in front of 90,907 ! Damn Its Great To Be A Florida Gator!"

draftguru151
11-28-2009, 08:21 PM
As expected, Greg Dent switches his commitment from Miami to Florida State. Dude is a straight player.

And LOL to whoever said Iowa is in Henderson's top three.

He had like 6/230/2 last night. Don't get why no one would give him a shot at WR.

CashmoneyDrew
11-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Some guys over on Volnation are saying Chris Martin committed to Florida today. Anyone else heard this?

If true, as a Vol fan, all I have to say is........
http://leon2ky.com/leon/fffuuu.jpg

JRTPlaya21
11-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Martin came out and said he hasn't but I think it is all but a done deal now with this last ND loss lol.

CashmoneyDrew
11-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I'm hoping Tennessee tries to get back into it with Tommy Rees and Prince Shembo.

critesy
11-28-2009, 10:42 PM
LB cj mosley is 50/50 right now after the iron bowl. he says he wants to play immediately and auburn can offer that. i have a good feeling about him being a tiger.

sbh15
11-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Yes, Chris Martin might as well be a Gator.

However, he has to talk it out with his parents, but if it's left up to him, you can sign his LOI now.

The only thing that would make him stick with ND is Meyer getting hired there, which clearly isn't happening.

On top of that, Ronald Powell will likely announce for us at the AAA game, which means those two will be wreaking havoc off the edge for UF, although there's talk we want Martin at DT.

Hines
11-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Florida better stay away from Coxson. I am not worried, but Meyer can brainwash anyone.

sbh15
11-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Florida better stay away from Coxson. I am not worried, but Meyer can brainwash anyone.

I don't think we're even pursuing him that hard. At WR, we're looking for Dunkley, and possibly Joyner if we can get him to commit.

Hines
11-28-2009, 11:43 PM
I don't think we're even pursuing him that hard. At WR, we're looking for Dunkley, and possibly Joyner if we can get him to commit.

When it was announced that Cox was visiting Florida, everyone started to meltdown in that room saying he is gone and what not. Penn State fans like to overreact when our players visit somewhere.

I really don't think Cox has a Florida offer.

Oh, and for future references, there is a 2012 RB by the name of Rushel Shell. He is related to Tony Dorsett and a real bona fide prospect. Has over 4000 yards in his first two seasons. He seems to really like Florida and has the potential to be the top player in the country when he is a senior. Just keep an eye out on him, Rushel Shell RB from Hopewell HS in Aliquippa, PA.

wicket
11-29-2009, 03:38 AM
Yes, Chris Martin might as well be a Gator.

However, he has to talk it out with his parents, but if it's left up to him, you can sign his LOI now.

The only thing that would make him stick with ND is Meyer getting hired there, which clearly isn't happening.

On top of that, Ronald Powell will likely announce for us at the AAA game, which means those two will be wreaking havoc off the edge for UF, although there's talk we want Martin at DT.

stoops getting hired would actually give ND a shot imo.

sbh15
11-29-2009, 09:31 AM
stoops getting hired would actually give ND a shot imo.

Not from what I've heard. The story I get is that he was extremely close with Weis and his family liked him and all of that, but since then, he and Meyer have forged a good relationship, while he has absolutely no contact with Bob Stoops. If Weis is fired, he loses his best tie to ND, and the coach he most wants to play for is at Florida.

Sniper
11-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Florida needs to stay away from Devin Gardner.

Silver & Blue
11-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Florida needs to stay away from Devin Gardner.

Are they trying to pursue him now or something?

wicket
11-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Not from what I've heard. The story I get is that he was extremely close with Weis and his family liked him and all of that, but since then, he and Meyer have forged a good relationship, while he has absolutely no contact with Bob Stoops. If Weis is fired, he loses his best tie to ND, and the coach he most wants to play for is at Florida.

He wants a guy @ND where he feels pretty sure that ND is gonna win a bunch. If stoops is announced quickly enough CMart would give him a chance to start building a relation. Sure he is far from a lock to ND even if stoops gets hired but imo he likes the rest of the uni enough to give Stoops a shot.

Sniper
11-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Are they trying to pursue him now or something?

Yeah, pretty hard from what I hear.

sbh15
11-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, pretty hard from what I hear.

Yeah, this definitely is not true. You can breathe easy, because we're not after Gardner. I'm almost positive that the staff thinks Burton is actually the best QB in this class, and they see the same leadership qualities in him they saw in Tebow.

Whether that's true or not is irrelevant to Gardner, but we only plan on taking one QB, and that QB is Trey Burton.

Sniper
11-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Yeah, this definitely is not true. You can breathe easy, because we're not after Gardner. I'm almost positive that the staff thinks Burton is actually the best QB in this class, and they see the same leadership qualities in him they saw in Tebow.

Whether that's true or not is irrelevant to Gardner, but we only plan on taking one QB, and that QB is Trey Burton.

Might want to let Urban Meyer know he's not after Gardner, then.

http://www.detnews.com/article/20091105/OPINION03/911050347/1004/sports/Devin-Gardner-affirms-commitment-to-U-M--considers-early-enrollment

Little can shake Gardner's focus from leading his squad to that feat -- not even persistent attention from college suitors like national champion Florida.

Don't worry. I'm sure Devin's lying. :rolleyes:

http://mrsec.com/story/michigan-searching-for-second-2010-quarterback

Florida now appears to making a run at Devin Gardner, who’s committed to Michigan. Florida quarterbacks coach Scot Loeffler recently visited Gardner at Inkster (Mich.) High School, according to Edward Aschoff of the Gainesville Sun.

sbh15
11-29-2009, 10:51 AM

http://www.detnews.com/article/20091105/OPINION03/911050347/1004/sports/Devin-Gardner-affirms-commitment-to-U-M--considers-early-enrollment

Does he get attention from UF? I'm sure. Why wouldn't he, he's a great player. What I'm saying is that we are not putting the full court press on this kid to be a Gator, we won't even get a visit from him, and we don't plan to. The attention that he's getting might be consistent, but Florida isn't truly and actively pursuing him. Believe me, the coaches are in love with Trey Burton.

Why do you care anyway? You act like me saying you have nothing to worry about is a bad thing. I wasn't trying to knock Gardner, I'm just saying that the Florida coaches like Burton more than any single QB they could take from the class of 2010.

JFLO
11-29-2009, 11:05 AM

http://mrsec.com/story/michigan-searching-for-second-2010-quarterback

Those two articles were written over two weeks ago and considering the state of the Michigan program and coach, I wouldn't be surprised to at least hear Gardner considering Florida.

Sniper
11-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Those two articles were written over two weeks ago and considering the state of the Michigan program and coach, I wouldn't be surprised to at least hear Gardner considering Florida.

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/quarterback-devin-gardner-maintains-his-michigan-commitment/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+mlive_sports+(MLive.com+Sports

Im going to Michigan, Gardner reaffirmed Friday. A lot of schools (are still recruiting me), but Im going to Michigan.

etk
11-29-2009, 11:45 AM

Also Kenny Stills.

djp
11-29-2009, 11:57 AM
http://www.annarbor.com/sports/quarterback-devin-gardner-maintains-his-michigan-commitment/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+mlive_sports+(MLive.com+Sports

Patrick Peterson : "You either go to the U, or get beat by the U" a week before signing day on National TV.

He ended up at LSU.

Bryce Brown : I think we all know this story.

He ended up at Tennessee.

Just sayin, it happens, despite all the confirmation in the world, it really doesn't mean a whole lot until that LOI comes in.

critesy
11-29-2009, 01:47 PM
ladarius owens, said hes fully commited and already has his number picked out. he'll be wearing #10 cause tray blackmon was his favourite.. hah.

kwilk103
11-29-2009, 01:57 PM
wvu got a commit from a national recruit

rumor is ivan mccartney

Sniper
11-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Sharrif Floyd drops Penn State.

sbh15
11-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Also Kenny Stills.

Word is he's been ready to commit even since before his visit. Apparently Ronald Powell has the west coast infatuated with Florida.

etk
11-29-2009, 03:29 PM
wvu got a commit from a national recruit

rumor is ivan mccartney

McCartney isn't gonna announce until January at the earliest. Plus we've been hearing good things about him for a while.

Hines
11-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Sharrif Floyd drops Penn State.

He should just stop playing this game and commit to Ohio State already. We all know he is going there.

Sniper
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Rumors that Chris Martin committed to the Gators last night.

M.O.T.H.
11-29-2009, 04:00 PM
I wish John Fulton would have committed yesterday...but I can wait until the 17th, I guess.

kwilk103
11-29-2009, 04:46 PM
not mccartney, looks like richard ash

and we have been hearing very good things about mccartney

703SKINS202
11-29-2009, 05:10 PM

where are you hearing this stuff about ash?

bearsfan_51
11-29-2009, 05:12 PM
That's be odd if it was Ash since the last time he went public he had a top 3 that didn't include WVU.

sbh15
11-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Rumors that Chris Martin committed to the Gators last night.

He's a silent, won't go public until he talks to his parents.

keylime_5
11-29-2009, 06:54 PM
shariff's just playing around until the Army AllAmerican game so he can put the hat on in front of a national audience and all that fun stuff. Lots of guys do that. Heck, I'm surprised the Glenville duo hasn't said they're gonna do that too like Rob Rose and Ted Ginn did......though LaTwan Anderson has to make sure he can get in before he commits to tOSU. If he doesnt check out academically he'll go to West Virginia, but he should get in no problem in the end.

703SKINS202
11-29-2009, 07:18 PM
I will be very happy if the Ash rumors are true, we really need a disruptive d-line prospect for this class.

kwilk103
11-29-2009, 07:57 PM
where are you hearing this stuff about ash?

rivals; said it was a "big" get from florida that doc was recruiting (mccartney, ash, elam)

a few more hints that gave it away

wont be made public til next sunday though

kwilk103
11-29-2009, 07:59 PM
That's be odd if it was Ash since the last time he went public he had a top 3 that didn't include WVU.

never underestimate doc holliday; he visited him today, and is going to see mccartney on monday

his son is a sr on floridas team, thats why he was in florida this weekend; might as well stay an extra day to visit mccartney

P-L
11-29-2009, 08:57 PM
I'll worry about Devin Gardner when he actually visits another school. He has said five or six times in the past month that he is going to Michigan in January and is not even going to visit another school. Obviously, it's not over until it's over, but he isn't going to switch his commitment to another school that he's never been to.

etk
11-29-2009, 10:35 PM

You guys have been saying that the entire process, even shortly after he silently committed and at times when he seemed like a solid Miami lean.

WVU insiders think they're gonna land every big recruit that lists them, so the fact that you guys are "hearing good things" means very little.

I also find it funny how you all thought it was McCartney when a Rivals article came out today with McCartney talking about how he loved his UF visit, doesn't have a leader and isn't planning on committing anytime soon.

etk
11-29-2009, 10:37 PM
rivals; said it was a "big" get from florida that doc was recruiting (mccartney, ash, elam)

a few more hints that gave it away

wont be made public til next sunday though

I could actually see Elam being the person (assuming this rumor isn't BS). No one has a beat on Elam right now and nothing would surprise me with him.

kwilk103
11-29-2009, 10:51 PM
I could actually see Elam being the person (assuming this rumor isn't BS). No one has a beat on Elam right now and nothing would surprise me with him.

likely richard ash

elam has sent in his paperwork to 3 schools (ealry enrollee)---wvu, florida, fsu

sbh15
11-30-2009, 12:25 AM
Even if Elam does de-commit, it won't be any time soon whatsoever.

He re-fell in love with UF after Saturday.

HindSight
11-30-2009, 08:34 AM
I understand it was anti-Iowa, which I'm not surprised he isn't coming, but to say he isn't going to Iowa because he plans on qualifying academically would be very misleading. OSU isn't worlds better than Iowa academically for athletes. It's not like if he doesn't qualify for OSU, then he can still get into Iowa. He might, but the gap between the two for athletes, especially football players, is pretty much negligible. That's why I took the quote/reason to mean that he is planning on qualifying for a school outside the ones he still had interest with in the Big XI, like ND.
darrell johnson koulianos

iowatreat54
11-30-2009, 12:08 PM
I never said it couldn't or hasn't ever happened, just that acting like OSU is Harvard compared to Iowa is just moronic. Neither school has the greatest academic standards, but compared to better and worse schools, the two are relatively similar.

I mean, I'm really sure there's a huge difference between the #53 school and #71 school in all of the U.S., especially when we are talking about qualification for athletes.

sbh15
11-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Okay, so new news on Coxson. Word is he wanted to commit on Saturday, but Meyer told him to go home and talk with his parents first. I think we're slow playing him waiting for a better read on Sticks after the ground we made up on him.

Sniper
11-30-2009, 12:40 PM
MI DT Jonathan Hankins has been offered by Michigan.

Hines
11-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Okay, so new news on Coxson. Word is he wanted to commit on Saturday, but Meyer told him to go home and talk with his parents first. I think we're slow playing him waiting for a better read on Sticks after the ground we made up on him.

So basically the same thing you did to Dominique Easley.

etk
11-30-2009, 07:09 PM

This doesn't make much sense. UF accepted a commitment from Quinton Dunbar. Meyer either rejects or accepts a kid. Coxson is probably a silent.

Chance of UF landing Sticks is slim to none.

Hines
11-30-2009, 07:33 PM
There has been a lot of rumors floating around about Cox. It seems like PSU coaches have told him that we don't need him. Pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

HindSight
12-01-2009, 09:16 AM
I never said it couldn't or hasn't ever happened, just that acting like OSU is Harvard compared to Iowa is just moronic. Neither school has the greatest academic standards, but compared to better and worse schools, the two are relatively similar.

I mean, I'm really sure there's a huge difference between the #53 school and #71 school in all of the U.S., especially when we are talking about qualification for athletes.
Nowhere did I say OSU is anything of a prestigious academic school. There are just standards in place that prevent kids who want to go to OSU, from going to OSU. DJK is one of those kids. It's not like the difference between Stanford and the SEC.....but it's certainly not negligible.

P-L
12-01-2009, 11:23 AM
To the fans of the teams: How interested are Ohio State and Florida in MI DT Jonathan Hankins? He said his top three are Florida, Ohio State, and Michigan (in that order). I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a commitable offer from Florida, or he'd be a Gator by now. Not sure how Ohio State stands with him though. I'm not high on him at all, but we do need bodies at defensive tackle and he's probably the best shot we have left.

ToldLikeItIs
12-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Iowa continues to pick up steam with Seantrel.

OSU leads.

OhioState
12-01-2009, 03:07 PM
To the fans of the teams: How interested are Ohio State and Florida in MI DT Jonathan Hankins? He said his top three are Florida, Ohio State, and Michigan (in that order). I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a commitable offer from Florida, or he'd be a Gator by now. Not sure how Ohio State stands with him though. I'm not high on him at all, but we do need bodies at defensive tackle and he's probably the best shot we have left.

What I'm hearing is that OSU is pretty impressed with him and that it is a grade issue at this point. If he qualifies then he will have his offer. The staff is interested and would like to sign him

sbh15
12-01-2009, 03:12 PM
We're not getting John Hankins, from what I know.

Sniper
12-01-2009, 03:16 PM
We're not getting John Hankins, from what I know.

Why not? Apparently, he wanted to cancel all other visits after his UF visit.

sbh15
12-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Why not? Apparently, he wanted to cancel all other visits after his UF visit.

I just haven't heard anything about him, and I assumed no news was bad news.

We may look to take another interior lineman, especially with Hankins' size he could make an immediate impact, but nobody I know expects him in our class.

Sniper
12-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Chris Martin officially de-commits from ND.

JFLO
12-01-2009, 03:49 PM
So Tony Jefferson de-committed from UCLA because he felt "disrespected" by the UCLA players?

sbh15
12-01-2009, 03:54 PM
So Tony Jefferson de-committed from UCLA because he felt "disrespected" by the UCLA players?

He's dieing for a Florida offer, but will probably end up at OU. A lot of our fans really wish Meyer would give him a commitable offer, but it's not happening.

keylime_5
12-01-2009, 04:35 PM
i havent heard anything solid on Hankins lately, but I've always had a good feeling about him. Not Virginia with Al Groh getting the can. Getting Sharrif Floyd and John Hankins would be quite a DT haul. I've been following the Henderson and Floyd talk more than I've been the Hankins talk. Right now I'm only worried if J.Hankins really does have a Florida offer and if his interest in them is truly high.

Hines
12-01-2009, 05:59 PM
He's dieing for a Florida offer, but will probably end up at OU. A lot of our fans really wish Meyer would give him a commitable offer, but it's not happening.

Jefferson's recruiting is so weird. First he commits to Stanford dieing for a USC offer. He gets it and decides the offer was too late and commits to UCLA. Then he does this and might go to USC.

JFLO
12-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Jefferson's recruiting is so weird. First he commits to Stanford dieing for a USC offer. He gets it and decides the offer was too late and commits to UCLA. Then he does this and might go to USC.

Sounds like a drama queen to me, but then again he is only 17-18 years old, so I guess it is somewhat normal.

sbh15
12-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Supposedly, Louis Nix has made a verbal switch to Notre Dame.

superman8456
12-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Supposedly, Louis Nix has made a verbal switch to Notre Dame.

Why would he switch his verbal to a team without a coach and uncertain future?

CashmoneyDrew
12-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Why would he switch his verbal to a team without a coach and uncertain future?

Maybe he loved the program but not Weis.

sbh15
12-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Maybe he loved the program but not Weis.

The site I got it off of had a quote where he said almost exactly that. I don't think Nix had any relationship whatsoever with Weis.

djp
12-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Miami has been fading away for Nix for a long time. It's mutual. Think Bryce Brown from last year. Miami really stopped talking to him once he started making stupid comments and telling different coaches he was going different places.

Good get for ND if he can lose weight and actually get into school. Kids so talented.

JRTPlaya21
12-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Top 7 for Jeff Luc are Florida, Florida State, Southern Cal, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State.

keylime_5
12-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Ohio State and Florida = Joyner's final 2.

JRTPlaya21
12-02-2009, 10:41 AM
keylime, do you think OSU could land Joyner & Anderson?

CLong4Heisman
12-02-2009, 10:58 AM
Top 7 for Jeff Luc are Florida, Florida State, Southern Cal, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State.

just waiting for told to say that iowa has a shot..

OhioState
12-02-2009, 11:01 AM

Anderson is a good bet if he qualifies and Ive been hearing really good reports about joyner. FSU has suppossedly been fading and I like our chances now. Those two would be beast.

ToldLikeItIs
12-02-2009, 11:26 AM
No chance with either Anderson or Luc for Iowa.

We did offer Anderson quite early in the process, but he didn't even make a visit to campus.

Iowa Seantrel's 5th visit?

IrishTrojan
12-02-2009, 12:28 PM

wrong.

He got his stanford offer early, committed straight away. Eventually other teams started offering and he de-committed. Went to the USC junior day and committed but was told to stay silent because of negative recruiting by ucla. Goes to USC's camp is a 2nd string safety behind Detrich Riley and Dion Bailey. Gets offended and drops usc, still wants to stay home and eventually commits to ucla. Ucla sucks and Jefferson reopens his recruitment but remains committed says he is looking around. USC enters recruitment and explains what happened at the camp. Jefferson visits for ucla game and re-commits.

IrishTrojan
12-02-2009, 12:29 PM
George Uko and Demetrius Wright are strong usc leans.
Prater is all usc.
Baxter solidifies his commitment.

BigJohn98
12-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Ohio State and Florida = Joyner's final 2.

According to...?

BigJohn98
12-02-2009, 01:17 PM
And just to let you know, Joyner has not eliminated FSU.

sbh15
12-02-2009, 02:57 PM
If Florida gets Joyner, he'll be playing offense, that might be what we have going with him.

Also, Luc will go to Tennessee unless Strong stays at Florida. That's pretty much that.

JFLO
12-02-2009, 03:08 PM
If Florida gets Joyner, he'll be playing offense, that might be what we have going with him.

Also, Luc will go to Tennessee unless Strong stays at Florida. That's pretty much that.

What about Dowling, they would at least consider him at receiver wouldn't they? I think Elam and Dorsey are definite safeties and Joyer is capable of playing safety, corner or receiver.

sbh15
12-02-2009, 03:13 PM
What about Dowling, they would at least consider him at receiver wouldn't they? I think Elam and Dorsey are definite safeties and Joyer is capable of playing safety, corner or receiver.

Our class has a bunch of athletes, as they usually do, but things will probably shake out like this as far as the ATH's go:

RB Travon Van
WR Jonathan Dowling
CB Jaylen Watkins
S Matt Elam

keylime_5
12-02-2009, 04:13 PM

They'll get Joyner, Anderson, and Christian Bryant.

sbh15
12-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Joyner denied eliminating FSU, he eliminated ND.

It's still a 3-horse race between OSU, FSU, and UF.

JRTPlaya21
12-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Mhm think BigJohn mentioned it last page.

Hines
12-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Things look good with Michael Thorton for Penn State.

Everything is confusing with Adrian Coxson that I don't know what to believe. I think we keep him.

BigJohn98
12-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Port St. Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast 2011 defensive backs Keelin Smith and Lamarcus Brutus commit to FSU this morning. They are teammates of senior LB Jeff Luc.

Whether it effects his decision or not, FSU is in a good position to get Luc.

HindSight
12-03-2009, 09:31 AM

this reeks of a Will Campbell-like smoke screen to generate some suspense for an announcement.

'FSU is out'
*drama level goes down*
'No! FSU isn't really out!'
*drama level back up*

I don't buy it. I think they're done.

bearsfan_51
12-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Good call on Richard Ash. Committs to West Virginia.

Sniper
12-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Good call on Richard Ash. Committs to West Virginia.

Visiting Michigan this weekend as well.

Hines
12-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Buckeye Planet posted something that Floyd might not qualify. His GPA is fine, but his test scores aren't high enough is what I read.

etk
12-03-2009, 01:54 PM

lolololol. Still stating those opinions as facts? Joyner is definitely not an OSU lock, and will likely end up a Nole.

UF isn't getting Joyner.

Port St. Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast 2011 defensive backs Keelin Smith and Lamarcus Brutus commit to FSU this morning. They are teammates of senior LB Jeff Luc.

Whether it effects his decision or not, FSU is in a good position to get Luc.

FSU or Tennessee. Strong is all but gone.

keylime_5
12-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Joyner is definitely not an OSU lock, and will likely end up a Nole.

Buckeye ;)

sbh15
12-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Buckeye ;)

No he's far from it, really. There's a long way to go, and I also think he ends up a Nole.

BigJohn98
12-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Buckeye ;)

Setting yourself up for letdown IYAM.

keylime_5
12-03-2009, 09:39 PM
believe what you will my friends. feeling very good about joyner myself.

BigJohn98
12-03-2009, 09:44 PM
James Coley, arguably the best recruiter on the FSU coaching staff, is visiting Joyner tomorrow. We've had three commitments today, ironically after Coley had visited them. Doesn't bode well for Ohio State.

ToldLikeItIs
12-04-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm calling it right now:

Seantrel Henderson is going to be a Hawkeye

HindSight
12-04-2009, 08:48 AM
attention *****

ToldLikeItIs
12-04-2009, 08:54 AM
No, but I admittedly am looking forward to the reaction from a lot of fans.

yo123
12-04-2009, 08:59 AM

You act like this should be a shock. Have you ever called a recruit to go anywhere else?

BigJohn98
12-04-2009, 09:08 AM

I guess you enjoy looking like an idiot.

ToldLikeItIs
12-04-2009, 10:18 AM
I think what I would really enjoy is rooting for a school that openly pushed out the man and only reason who ever made them even remotely relevant to not just college football, but all NCAA athletics in general.

I think I would enjoy that, a lot.

BigJohn98
12-04-2009, 11:07 AM
So Seantrel to Iowa, just like John Clay, right?

BigJohn98
12-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Jeff Luc is taking an official to FSU this weekend. He will be a Nole.

bearsfan_51
12-04-2009, 11:35 AM
If Seantrel commits to Iowa I'll be the first to come and say I was wrong and you were right.

In the meantime, I agree that you're nothing but a delusional drama *****. You've said the same thing, what, 10 times now? I guess you're getting the attention you want.

OhioState
12-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Jeff Luc is taking an official to FSU this weekend. He will be a Nole.

maybe, but I think Tennesse has your best shot right now.

BigJohn98
12-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Tennessee's chances are fading with Bowden retiring, IMO. Rumors are swirling that Kirby Smart will be the new defensive coordinator. That only helps us.

kwilk103
12-04-2009, 01:16 PM
braylon heard=beast

keylime_5
12-04-2009, 01:26 PM
this is an interesting find: http://www.soflafootball.com/fan-forum/topic.php?id=1074

James Louis talking about his inhome visit from Jim Tressel. Said he thinks he'll be rooming with Seantrel Henderson b/c "I guess our coaches feel good about getting him." Gee I hope he's right.

braylon heard=beast

indeed. Machine in the playoffs this year.

bearsfan_51
12-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Ohio State really looks like the clear favorite for Seantrel at this point.

bearsfan_51
12-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Intersting that James Louis visited Minnesota a few weeks back btw. I never did quite understand why that happened.

Sniper
12-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Ohio State really looks like the clear favorite for Seantrel at this point.

That certainly would suck. I can see why he'd want to go there, though. I mean, Tressel's lengthy track record of producing NFL OTs is just too hard for him to ignore. ;)

ironman4579
12-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Apparently OH S Ray Vinopal has verballed to Michigan. Yay..............

Sniper
12-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Apparently OH S Ray Vinopal has verballed to Michigan. Yay..............

Looks okay, but I'm more excited about getting a foot into Mooney.

ironman4579
12-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Looks okay, but I'm more excited about getting a foot into Mooney.

My yay was definately sarcastic on that one. I too would like to get a foot in at Mooney. That said, Vinopal is definately not a mind blowing signing IMO, especially with quite a few other decent/highly rated players in play (supposedly), and very, very limited scholarships left. I'm never upset with a secondary commit at this point, but he basically reminds me of Jordan Kovaks.

Sniper
12-04-2009, 03:23 PM
My yay was definately sarcastic on that one. I too would like to get a foot in at Mooney. That said, Vinopal is definately not a mind blowing signing IMO, especially with quite a few other decent/highly rated players in play (supposedly), and very, very limited scholarships left. I'm never upset with a secondary commit at this point, but he basically reminds me of Jordan Kovaks.

Jordan Kovacs wishes he could be as physically skilled or as football-smart as this kid. He's not great, but he'll make a good depth safety. This kid allegedly ran a 4.41 (electronic). Jordan Kovacs runs a 4.41 for the first 20 yards. Vinopal can cover, Kovacs can't.

ironman4579
12-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Jordan Kovacs wishes he could be as physically skilled or as football-smart as this kid. He's not great, but he'll make a good depth safety. This kid allegedly ran a 4.41 (electronic). Jordan Kovacs runs a 4.41 for the first 20 yards. Vinopal can cover, Kovacs can't.

Brian at mgoblog just threw out the Kovaks comparison as well. Just sayin'..................

EDIT: I also probably should have qualified it as "a faster, more athletic, smarter Jordan Kovaks." I should also say that obviously the coaches know alot more than I do about the prospects they are taking commits from, and the status of the guys that have yet to commit. Obviously I have to try and trust the coaches on this one. And hey, if he even turns out be a Brandent Englemon type of player, I'd be happy with that.

critesy
12-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Things look good with Michael Thorton for Penn State.

auburn seems to be in the mix for thornton, says he reallys likes the tigers as well.

Hines
12-04-2009, 03:54 PM
I really liked Ray Vinopal. Mooney would be a nice pipeline to have. Thankfully Penn State is part of it. :D

keylime_5
12-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Intersting that James Louis visited Minnesota a few weeks back btw. I never did quite understand why that happened.

I think his teammate visited Minnesota and he wanted to come along with him.

Sniper
12-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Re: Seantrel. Told might not be crazy.

M.O.T.H.
12-04-2009, 06:50 PM
I just want Lattimore. :D

SCAR is what, 28th right now in the rankings, with a bunch of quality O-Line men and a shot at Morgan Moses still? That aint too bad.

ToldLikeItIs
12-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Elaborate Sniper.

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 03:28 AM
Seantrel Henderson going to Iowa would actually be a smart decision for him.

Kirk Ferentz is an Offensive Line guru, and Chris Doyle would make a man beast out of Henderson. Iowa, it seems constantly has quite a few of it's Offensive Lineman each year get into the NFL.

But I suppose a lot of people could say that about there school. I just can't remember the last time there was any hype of an OT coming out of Oklahoma, USC, Florida, or Minnesota. I do however, have a bad memory.

Sniper
12-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Elaborate Sniper.

There's a guy on UM's Scout board who knows Seantrel in some way, and without divulging too much premium stuff, says that Iowa's in a good position right now.

Sniper
12-05-2009, 07:03 AM
But I suppose a lot of people could say that about there school. I just can't remember the last time there was any hype of an OT coming out of Oklahoma, USC, Florida, or Minnesota. I do however, have a bad memory.

Oklahoma- Jamaal Brown, Phil Loadholt, Trent Williams
USC- Winston Justice
UF/Minny- Don't remember.

draftguru151
12-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Sam Baker, Charles Brown. USC's OL for the last few years has definitely been one of the most athletic and most technically sound groups in the country. Oklahoma also had Davin Joseph has a first round OT though he was moved to OG. USC and OU both make a lot of sense for an offensive lineman (as does Iowa), Florida has had some solid talent recently and just keeps winning games. Minny is the home school. USC and OU give Henderson just a good (and probably better) a chance to develop into a monster and they give him a much better chance of winning championships.

ToldLikeItIs
12-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Interesting...

bearsfan_51
12-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Iowa would make a lot of sense until you remember that they play in Iowa, and then it dosn't make a lot of sense anymore.

I also enjoy how Told seems surprised that anyone agrees with him, considering how "certain" his is in his claims.

ToldLikeItIs
12-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Ohh, burn.

Totally shocked.

Promise I haven't been saying this for...eight months now either. Promise.

sbh15
12-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Rumor has it Robert Clark (WVU commit, plays with Matt Elam), was seen Gator chomping after a score last night, and is a very likely candidate to switch his commitment.

703SKINS202
12-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Rumor has it Robert Clark (WVU commit, plays with Matt Elam), was seen Gator chomping after a score last night, and is a very likely candidate to switch his commitment.
This would make me very upset, we've suffered recruiting true CB's going more for athletes and forcing them to play the position. He would be a big loss.

BigJohn98
12-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Jeff Luc to FSU!

Sniper
12-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Jeff Luc to FSU!

http://floridastate.scout.com/a.z?s=16&p=2&c=926325

JRTPlaya21
12-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Great get for FSU.

JRTPlaya21
12-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Jakhari Gore is about to commit to LSU

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/lsu/276451-coaching-carousel-possible-violations-may-influence-lsu-recruiting.html

HawkeyeFan
12-05-2009, 07:32 PM
With USC losing at home, it can only help Iowa's chances, right?

TitanHope
12-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Eddie Gran, who was recruiting Luc for Tennessee, likely on his way to FSU probably made this the easiest choice of Luc's life.

Anyway, at least he's not a Gator! :D

Sniper
12-05-2009, 09:40 PM
With USC losing at home, it can only help Iowa's chances, right?

Not really. Henderson knows this is a bad year for USC. Their track record indicates that four losses isn't normal.

703SKINS202
12-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Eddie Gran, who was recruiting Luc for Tennessee, likely on his way to FSU probably made this the easiest choice of Luc's life.

Your sig is the best ever.

BigJohn98
12-05-2009, 09:42 PM

Just curious, but why were Tennessee fans so confident with Luc? Almost every Vol fan who posts on the Rivals mainboard was claiming him as a Vol lock. Him and Christian Jones.

TitanHope
12-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Just curious, but why were Tennessee fans so confident with Luc? Almost every Vol fan who posts on the Rivals mainboard was claiming him as a Vol lock. Him and Christian Jones.

Not sure, but I'm guessing they figured it was because we had one of our best recruiters on him (Gran), had early playing time available, and had Monte Kiffin as DC who's experience and knowledge was something UF nor FSU could match. I assume they thought it was between UT and UF, and that Florida DC Charlie Strong would be leaving for a HC position at the end of the year, thus throwing a wrench in that gear for Florida. There were also some "Insiders" on VolNation.com who were swearing that he was all Vol.

I don't think anyone saw Gran leaving, which was a great move by FSU. The guy is a stud recruiter, and his domain in Florida. He was under paid compared to some other UT assistant coaches, so he deserved the pay raise and now he gets to stay in Florida to recruit so he's closer to his family. Good move for both.

Anyway, had those Vols fans known that Gran would be leaving, then they'd have been singing a different tune. ;)

etk
12-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Jakhari Gore is about to commit to LSU

http://www.neworleans.com/sports/lsu/276451-coaching-carousel-possible-violations-may-influence-lsu-recruiting.html

Could mean they're not getting Lache.

CashmoneyDrew
12-06-2009, 02:43 AM

Eddie ******* Gran

BigJohn98
12-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Eddie ******* Gran

Nah, James Coley. Recruiter of the year.

T.Smith
12-06-2009, 10:49 AM
"Seantrel Henderson twitters 'dont appreciate the empty seats and booing at the end'"

djp
12-06-2009, 10:52 AM
"Seantrel Henderson twitters 'dont appreciate the empty seats and booing at the end'"

Probably the worst game possible for Henderson to visit.

redbills
12-06-2009, 11:07 AM
where did he visit this week?

wicket
12-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Probably the worst game possible for Henderson to visit.

or the best. Te'o went to ND despite a Syracuse visit

Sniper
12-06-2009, 11:11 AM
where did he visit this week?

USC. I still don't think one game has a huge impact on recruits, though.

djp
12-06-2009, 11:12 AM
USC. I still don't think one game has a huge impact on recruits, though.

Seriously though, did you see any of that game? Stagnant offense, dead crowd, horrible performance all around.

Sniper
12-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Seriously though, did you see any of that game? Stagnant offense, dead crowd, horrible performance all around.

No, I get the point. I mean, as a general rule, recruits don't pick and choose where they go just because one team won or lost.

djp
12-06-2009, 11:17 AM
No, I get the point. I mean, as a general rule, recruits don't pick and choose where they go just because one team won or lost.

I know what you're saying, but the way the game played out, it couldn't have helped. Especially since the kid's probably been to 1-2 USC home games in his career.

ToldLikeItIs
12-06-2009, 11:27 AM
FSU is doing some dirty things right now.

bearsfan_51
12-06-2009, 12:55 PM
I saw a statistic once that showed that recruits are more likely commit off of a visit in which the team loses, than wins.

It could be completely coincidental, and it doesn't take into account things like crowd reaction, but it was interesting regardless.

keylime_5
12-06-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm defiintely in the corner that believes who wins the game and how good/bad the team performs doesn't really impact a recruit's decision that much.....but deff agree that of all the USC games that Seantrel could've visited this year that was probably the worst between the weather, crowd, booing, performance, etc.

Gameday atmosphere is only one thing recruits get out of visits. The most important things they get out of them are how they interact with the team, the coaches, the facilities, the campus, and how comfortable they are with everything there.

sbh15
12-06-2009, 02:03 PM
If wins and losses affect a recruits decision, especially performance in those losses, Florida would see every defensive player they have decommit.

katnip
12-06-2009, 05:40 PM
any GOOD canes news/rumors right now?

P-L
12-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Actually when a team loses a lot of recruits see early playing time.

BPhilb
12-06-2009, 09:26 PM
As expected Daniel Easterly switched his commitment from Illionois to Missouri.

keylime_5
12-06-2009, 09:38 PM
ohio state offered QB/ATH Verlon Reed today. We're gonna have alotta QBs on scholarship before long.

M.O.T.H.
12-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Morgan Moses officially visited SCAR and loved it. Some have us pegged as the favorite if he jumps ship. Hey, who doesnt want a 6'7 350 pound tackle? haha.

And while Moses is playing things close to the vest, he did give Gamecock fans a slight hint at where he could be leaning. What are the chances Moses will end up in the Garnet and Black?

"I feel like it's a good chance," he said.

JRTPlaya21
12-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Sweet pickup. I hope the Cocks take him from UVA lol.

critesy
12-07-2009, 12:21 AM
4* wr antonio goodwin decommits from auburn and re opens his recruitment.

6'2 170 speedy guy.

HindSight
12-07-2009, 08:22 AM
FSU is doing some dirty things right now.
right now?

sbh15
12-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Former Oregon commitment Ethan Grant switches to TCU.

DHVF
12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Former Oregon commitment Ethan Grant switches to TCU.
4 star RB recruit Josh Huff does the same in spurning the Gophers for TCU

BigJohn98
12-07-2009, 09:15 PM
2011 Jacksonville First Coast runningback Eric Beverly commits to FSU.

Hines
12-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Dominique Easley is a soft commit with Penn State and considering Oregon.

jballa838
12-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Kevin Smith 4 star WR from Compton signs with UW today. 6'2 200 and is a beast in every sense of the word. Raw

sbh15
12-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Robert Clark is a silent according to a number of sources I have, expect the switch after his official this weekend. I fully expect Jordan Hicks to end up a Gator if he makes the decision to be a EE.

critesy
12-07-2009, 10:22 PM
tennesse commit ken adams, de, juco is visiting auburn. adams originally signed with auburn in 2008. i think auburn sways him away and he comes back.

edit, ATH chris davis got an auburn offer and is going to commit next week or two. probably. going to play corner.

BPhilb
12-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Curtis Carter decommited from Nebraska. He is visiting Missouri this weekend and TCU not long after. If he doesn't commit after this weekend I think we will end up at TCU as it sounds like he wants to be close to home.

Cicero
12-08-2009, 02:45 AM
3 recruits for UW in the last two days alright! **** WR Kevin **** OT Mica Hatchie, and a soft verbal from *** 310 lb DT Lawrence Lagafuaina.

TitanHope
12-08-2009, 03:27 AM
tennesse commit ken adams, de, juco is visiting auburn. adams originally signed with auburn in 2008. i think auburn sways him away and he comes back.

edit, ATH chris davis got an auburn offer and is going to commit next week or two. probably. going to play corner.

Ken Adams was gonna be a TE for us. I think he switches to Auburn now that his recruiter Frank Wilson left to become LSU's Recruiting Coordinator.

That's two Vols assistants that have left for raises and recruiting coordinating positions. Hope Kiffin gets those holes patched up sooner rather than later.

TitanHope
12-08-2009, 04:13 AM
Also, Vols get a commit from DT Calvin Smith, a 4* DT from Hialeah HS in Florida.

Under "Recent Commitment Ticker". (http://recruiting.scout.com/)

He's a 3* on Scout though, but his offer sheet is rock solid.

HindSight
12-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Kevin Smith 4 star WR from Compton signs with UW today. 6'2 200 and is a beast in every sense of the word. Raw
You can't sign until February.

bearsfan_51
12-08-2009, 10:39 AM
4 star RB recruit Josh Huff does the same in spurning the Gophers for TCU
The fact that Brewster is on the hot seat is hurting the Gophers' recruiting. It's a tough situation to be in, as he's a great recuiter, but questionable coach. You want to give him an extension to keep the recruiting up, but you can't waste money on a guy that hasn't proven his chops as an actual coach (see: Ron Zook).

ToldLikeItIs
12-08-2009, 06:12 PM
If Brewster goes, we're going after Gjere, hard, from what I understand.

P-L
12-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Michigan is in good position with Josh Furman, it appears.

bwillie26
12-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Curtis Carter decommited from Nebraska. He is visiting Missouri this weekend and TCU not long after. If he doesn't commit after this weekend I think we will end up at TCU as it sounds like he wants to be close to home.

You will hear some more good news (for you anyways) tonight/tomorrow.

BigJohn98
12-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Jimbo Fisher visited with Matt Elam today. Rumor has it Elam said we are the only team with a chance to pry him away from Florida. He needs to realize he could literally start from day one at FSU.

jbeans187
12-09-2009, 01:23 AM
As expected Daniel Easterly switched his commitment from Illionois to Missouri.

Is that official yet? It is a possibility. It also looks like we have a great shot at Carter and Gabbert. Keeston Terry is also a possibility now as well.

holt_bruce81
12-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Well Tyler Gabbert decommitted from Nebraska and is visiting Mizzou this weekend.

BPhilb
12-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Is that official yet? It is a possibility. It also looks like we have a great shot at Carter and Gabbert. Keeston Terry is also a possibility now as well.

I guess it won't be "official" until after his visit to Illinois this weekend but it's about a foregone conclusion pretty much at this point.

Gabbert and Carter should end up at MU possibly this weekend.

It looks like Sasser and Murphy are likely the best bets for weekend commits as well.

I'm not sure how we are making room for all of these guys at this point but it's looking like a strong closing for the MU class.

JRTPlaya21
12-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Jakhari Gore to LSU officially.

sbh15
12-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Jimbo Fisher visited with Matt Elam today. Rumor has it Elam said we are the only team with a chance to pry him away from Florida. He needs to realize he could literally start from day one at FSU.

You do realize how much Urban plays freshmen right? Especially ones who can have an immediate impact like Elam. Everyone outside of a select group of Florida fans who aren't completely panicked about Elam also realize that there is not a coach in America who has or ever will have a better relationship than Elam and Meyer. He'd feel terrible if he decommitted, even if he wants to.

Might be a moot point though, we have his last visit before the quiet period, and the next thing to come is the EE deadline, so unless you get him to switch his visit, he's as good as enrolled.

ToldLikeItIs
12-09-2009, 02:43 PM
This is good for Nebraska. Shawn Watson does not fit their style of play. When he goes, Nebraska will be damn tough in the big 12.

bwillie26
12-09-2009, 10:07 PM
This is good for Nebraska. Shawn Watson does not fit their style of play. When he goes, Nebraska will be damn tough in the big 12.

Oh hullz no! When/If Watson leaves the likely replacement is Barney Cotton.

Watson is the least of our offensive problems.

Doesn't matter though. We got Hardrick away from LSU, and Lavonte David today. Shariff Floyd wants to visit and we have another committed top 100 prospect coming in this weekend.

Not all bad news for us.

BigJohn98
12-09-2009, 10:11 PM
You do realize how much Urban plays freshmen right? Especially ones who can have an immediate impact like Elam. Everyone outside of a select group of Florida fans who aren't completely panicked about Elam also realize that there is not a coach in America who has or ever will have a better relationship than Elam and Meyer. He'd feel terrible if he decommitted, even if he wants to.

Might be a moot point though, we have his last visit before the quiet period, and the next thing to come is the EE deadline, so unless you get him to switch his visit, he's as good as enrolled.

I'm not expecting us to get him.

Someone said that one thing he likes about FSU is Jeff Luc, though. Not that it really means squat.

BigJohn98
12-09-2009, 10:28 PM
In other news...

JOYNER COMMITS TO FSU! Story coming soon!

JRTPlaya21
12-09-2009, 10:53 PM
How soon & where did you hear this good news?

BigJohn98
12-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Can't give an ETA on the story, but a mod on Warchant broke the news about half an hour ago. Funny thing is, Joyner had an in-home visit with Ohio State tonight.

It's also funny that we don't have a defensive coordinator either, and we land Luc and Joyner in the same week.

EDIT: Now with story...

http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1026937

JRTPlaya21
12-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Congrats on another excellent pickup. The ACC needs a dominate FSU back.

JRTPlaya21
12-09-2009, 11:59 PM
New rivals 100

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2369

America
12-10-2009, 01:14 AM
New rivals 100

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2369

Still waiting on that 5th star for Reggie Wilson. Jeff Luc should get his 5th back again soon too. He's going to be a great 3-4 LB like David Harris in my opinion. Dude can tackle legit.

And props to Jimbo for having an awesome week.

HawkeyeFan
12-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Come on Seantrel, come to Iowa!

bigbenn
12-10-2009, 02:28 AM
What does getting Joyner do for Terrance Mitchell with the Noles FSU people? Are they taking more CB's? Apparently Illinois is his leader right now after a visit this past week...

BigJohn98
12-10-2009, 08:13 AM
It doesn't do anything. We get his final visit and everyone expects him to be a Nole.

Sniper
12-10-2009, 08:30 AM

this reeks of a Will Campbell-like smoke screen to generate some suspense for an announcement.

'FSU is out'
*drama level goes down*
'No! FSU isn't really out!'
*drama level back up*

I don't buy it. I think they're done.

Buckeye ;)

believe what you will my friends. feeling very good about joyner myself.

I'm sure nevadabuck locked it up =====================, but this looks a little off. Everyone's been off before, but key's OSU arrogance backfired a smidge here.

keylime_5
12-10-2009, 09:16 AM
meh, florida state won the final round at the inhome visits. FSU threw every thing they had at LJ, and we didn't bring them our best recruiter (Fickell) or Jim Tressel at the inhome. I thought they'd seal it there. Tressel supposed to be at St.Thomas all day yesterday but he didn't show up.

keylime_5
12-10-2009, 09:22 AM
we're supposed to get commitments from Chris Bryant and LaTwan Anderson this weekend (and possibly either John Hankins or Verlon Reed). Bad news can't linger i suppose.

HindSight
12-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Have a feeling it was 50.1% FSU, 49.9% OSU.

Sniper
12-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Have a feeling it was 50.1% FSU, 49.9% OSU.

But is it a ===============?

HindSight
12-10-2009, 11:02 AM
how many times are you going to use that joke in regards to him?

Ozzy
12-10-2009, 11:04 AM
That is cool Florida State is getting some commitments. They will all instantly start since that defense this past year was easily one of their worst ever in what the past ten years? They were awful! Sad way for Mickey to go out, what a sad group of players.

Not all that into Jimbo Fisher however, but if he can get them back to relevant that would be nice.