PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33

Sniper
01-02-2010, 10:55 AM
John Fulton to 'Bama.

jballa838
01-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Nick Montana is the man.

Sniper
01-02-2010, 11:40 AM
Kenny Shaw to Florida State.

keylime_5
01-02-2010, 11:43 AM
thought easley was a duck. never underestimate urban i guess.

redbills
01-02-2010, 11:48 AM
What team is it for? I think they're the same price.

tOSU

(10)

keylime_5
01-02-2010, 12:01 PM
OSU scout subscription is the best. Bucknuts and Rivals aren't near as good. The insider message board alone is worth it.

Sniper
01-02-2010, 12:02 PM
tOSU

(10)

depends on what your team is. ohio state's scout site is way better than it's rivals site. for a lot of teams it's a bigger bang for the buck to go with their rivals site though.

Also, if you want good recruiting information, sign up at BuckeyePlanet. They're, for the most part, massive douchebags who refuse to believe that OSU doesn't have the best at everything, but they have good recruiting info.

Also, Bucknuts is an absolute farce.

redbills
01-02-2010, 12:02 PM
FLA got like 3 more blue chip players today.

Sniper
01-02-2010, 12:05 PM
Dunkley to UF.

critesy
01-02-2010, 12:11 PM
easley just isnt fair. owning anything in site.

critesy
01-02-2010, 12:13 PM
toney hurd jr to a&m

cdub11
01-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Darius White to Texas

CashmoneyDrew
01-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Michael Taylor is so good. I hope he gets his 4th star like he deserves.

Hines
01-02-2010, 01:53 PM
As a Penn State fan, I would feel disrespected if I were the coaches. IMO, Easely only played the Lions in order to have Florida go after him more. I think he should not have even commited to Florida since everyone knew he wanted to go to Florida. I feel he was trying to get back at Florida by commiting to Penn State a few days after. I would love to have him, but I feel very disrespected towards him. Best of luck to him at Florida. The defensive prospects they have landed the past few years is absolutely ridiculous.

MaxV
01-02-2010, 02:25 PM
I wish he'd stick with PSU. Oh well, solid recruiting class.

Hines
01-02-2010, 02:32 PM
I wish he'd stick with PSU. Oh well, solid recruiting class.

As do I, but he made it clear before and after he commited that Florida was the school he wanted to be at. I don't want players who don't want to be at PSU to commit and be miserable.

sbh15
01-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Easley has wanted to be a Gator since FNL. We slow played him to see what OO and Chris Martin would do, and now that both have dropped us, we came back to him.

He might be a 5* after this game.

Hines
01-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Easley has wanted to be a Gator since FNL. We slow played him to see what OO and Chris Martin would do, and now that both have dropped us, we came back to him.

He might be a 5* after this game.

EVERY Penn State fan knew this for the most part. The part we don't like is how he commited to Penn State in the process then jumps ship whenever his actual favorite came calling. He shouldn't have even commited to Penn State. I knew Florida would have room for him somehow.

Ward
01-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Why would your feelings get hurt by the actions of a teenager you've never met?

Hines
01-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Why would your feelings get hurt by the actions of a teenager you've never met?

I am not mad because I could tell it would happen sooner than later, but IMO it's disrespectful and classless to play an university like that. I am not a big fan players commiting, then decomitting.

Sniper
01-02-2010, 07:40 PM
I am not mad because I could tell it would happen sooner than later, but IMO it's disrespectful and classless to play an university like that. I am not a big fan players commiting, then decomitting.

It's recruiting. Get over it.

Ward
01-02-2010, 07:44 PM

Which is worse, toying with the emotions of a rabid fanbase, or getting exploited for millions of dollars for 3-4 years and not earning a single dime? I could care less if these guys want to enjoy their recruiting process, they've earned it. Would you rather have him stay committed but hate PSU?

Hines
01-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Which is worse, toying with the emotions of a rabid fanbase, or getting exploited for millions of dollars for 3-4 years and not earning a single dime? I could care less if these guys want to enjoy their recruiting process, they've earned it. Would you rather have him stay committed but hate PSU?

I would rather have him stay uncommited or not commit at all. Everyone knew Easley was going to Florida. Florida told him to wait, and he commited to PSU a few days later. Everyone knew he wasn't as solid he or analyst would say.

CashmoneyDrew
01-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Brandon Willis de-commits from Tennessee and is down to UCLA and UNC.

Hines
01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Brandon Willis de-commits from Tennessee and is down to UCLA and UNC.

I was surprised he chose UT over FSU and I am surprised they are not back on his list. I think he's going to UNC.

sbh15
01-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Willis is a Tarheel. No doubts about it.

TitanHope
01-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Willis is a Tarheel. No doubts about it.

Damn, I knew we should've sent a hotter black girl. :(

I know this is gonna sound really ignorant, but I seriously have no clue why he'd choose UNC over UT, football wise. When Luc went to FSU over UT, it wasn't a "WTF?" moment - it's a football school in his home state. Butch Davis must be the best recruiter in the nation to pull these AA kids from out of state to a basketball school in the ACC.

I think Willis was projected to move inside too. We still have 3 more studs coming in with Jacques Smith, Corey Miller, and J.C Copeland still, but I dunno if they move inside.

CashmoneyDrew
01-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Damn, I knew we should've sent a hotter black girl. :(

I know this is gonna sound really ignorant, but I seriously have no clue why he'd choose UNC over UT, football wise. When Luc went to FSU over UT, it wasn't a "WTF?" moment - it's a football school in his home state. Butch Davis must be the best recruiter in the nation to pull these AA kids from out of state to a basketball school in the ACC.

I think Willis was projected to move inside too. We still have 3 more studs coming in with Jacques Smith, Corey Miller, and J.C Copeland still, but I dunno if they move inside.

JC Copeland will move inside. He's already up to 275 on a 6'0" frame.

TitanHope
01-02-2010, 10:46 PM
JC Copeland will move inside. He's already up to 275 on a 6'0" frame.

Ok, I feel better now. :D

Hines
01-03-2010, 12:36 AM
FWIW:

"I go to school about 15 minutes from byrnes in greer and have a bunch of friends that play for byrnes that say Lattimore is all over Penn State FWIW"

-from Georgia's Scout board

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=135&f=1073&t=5390349

Third post. If it is against the rules, I will take it down.

sbh15
01-03-2010, 12:46 AM
FWIW:

"I go to school about 15 minutes from byrnes in greer and have a bunch of friends that play for byrnes that say Lattimore is all over Penn State FWIW"

-from Georgia's Scout board

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=135&f=1073&t=5390349

Third post. If it is against the rules, I will take it down.

Wouldn't surprise me, but I still think there's no way he's not a Gamecock come NSD.

Hines
01-03-2010, 12:48 AM
Wouldn't surprise me, but I still think there's no way he's not a Gamecock come NSD.

I've read on message boards that he doesn't even consider them anymore and it's between AU and PSU.

JFLO
01-03-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm not a Florida State fan by any means, but I'm really interested to see how this recruiting class finishes off at the end.

Pull in 3 five-star defenders and the most underrated receiver in the country in Kenny Shaw is just amazing, all of this within the last month or so!

Are they still in contention for any other notable players?

BigJohn98
01-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Michael L of FLAVarsity.com has told us that there is a "big one" coming soon. He wouldn't say who, but a big commitment. We're still in it for J.R. Ferguson, but we have little to no chance unless we throw the whole coaching staff at him. Christian Jones and Terrance Mitchell will be Noles. Christian Green will also be a Nole.

We're still in it for Corey Lemoiner. Louis Nix says we've been calling him still. Mack Brown also said we've been calling him.

Sniper
01-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Kenny Shaw is a beast. I wish he would have committed to Michigan earlier in the recruiting cycle instead of one of our other guys. He's so underrated.

bearsfan_51
01-03-2010, 11:14 AM
I know this is gonna sound really ignorant, but I seriously have no clue why he'd choose UNC over UT, football wise.
I don't think it's really ignorant, but I would offer to you that Butch Davis is a better established/respected coach than Kiffin, UNC is a better school academically than UT, and playing time could have been an issue as well.

sbh15
01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Lotta talk about Florida really finishing strong. I mean really, really strong.

Just rumors, but stuff I've heard from reliable guys:
- we might actually lead for Sharrif Floyd
- we look really good for Seantrel, not leading, but I think I heard we're on him really hard and that he might come down for another visit
- Elam MIGHT switch back, although the possibility is very slim. It all depends on Mom

keylime_5
01-03-2010, 11:40 AM
i guess we'll find out about floyd saturday. i feel pretty good about him, but not a lock by any means.

draftguru151
01-03-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't think it's really ignorant, but I would offer to you that Butch Davis is a better established/respected coach than Kiffin, UNC is a better school academically than UT, and playing time could have been an issue as well.

UNC has also developed DL pretty well since Butch has been there.

CashmoneyDrew
01-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I don't think it was a playing time situation for B.Willis considering he would've started at UT as a redshirt freshman or true sophomore. I'm willing to bet the NYT thing played a role and he may have just felt better off going to UNC in the end because of it.

critesy
01-03-2010, 01:17 PM
has corey lemoiner set a date to when he is choosing ?

draftguru151
01-03-2010, 01:25 PM
I don't think it was a playing time situation for B.Willis considering he would've started at UT as a redshirt freshman or true sophomore. I'm willing to bet the NYT thing played a role and he may have just felt better off going to UNC in the end because of it.

He eliminated UM because of the depth chart, pretty sure he wants to play when he gets on campus.

And Lemonier has said he's waiting for NSD.

CashmoneyDrew
01-03-2010, 01:48 PM
He eliminated UM because of the depth chart, pretty sure he wants to play when he gets on campus.

And Lemonier has said he's waiting for NSD.

Well, UNC's D is pretty stacked next season so UT or UNC he prob wasn't getting much PT next season either way.

djp
01-03-2010, 01:51 PM
FSU's class is really insane this year. Comparable to the '08 Miami class for sure.

IrishTrojan
01-03-2010, 02:32 PM
free updates on the AAA practices etc.
http://www.the-mainboard.com/forum/index.php/topic,42912.0.html

M.O.T.H.
01-03-2010, 03:06 PM
John Fulton to Bama was shocking to me. I thought he was a SCAR lock. I did start to worry when he delayed his decision in mid December. blah.

keylime_5
01-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Joyner, Elam, Luc, etc. FSU is kicking butt in recruiting lately for sure.

Matt James said Ohio State was his "slight leader" at USAA press conference in San Anton. Most ppl have thought Notre Dame for him for a long time, I wonder if we can hang on and take him. It would suck if we missed out on both he and Henderson. Things sound real good on Sharrif Floyd too. He really digs our coaching staff, sounds like odds are he'll pick us on Saturday.

murdamal86
01-03-2010, 04:43 PM
- Elam MIGHT switch back, although the possibility is very slim. It all depends on Mom

We need for this to happen

BigJohn98
01-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Elam told a Watchant mod he is firm to FSU. He will head to school after the US Army game.

sbh15
01-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Elam told a Watchant mod he is firm to FSU. He will head to school after the US Army game.

Teammate Gerald Christian said he's still deciding, who knows with this kid.

Da Big Harv
01-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Florida doesn't need Elam that bad Dorsey and Dowling and Haden are all amazing

Elam would get a change to get right on the field at Rover at FSU with only Moody in his way

Da Big Harv
01-03-2010, 10:41 PM
My guess for the next FSU commit would be Christian Jones or Mitchell because both are pretty much done deals to FSU from what everyone is saying

Sniper
01-03-2010, 11:29 PM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=1035208

Some predictions from Farrell for the USAAA bowl. Nothing earth-shattering.

critesy
01-04-2010, 01:34 AM
OT shon coleman auburn commit said he's going to use all his visits even though he is commited to auburn. lots of people say that we have him but i dunno. i think his ego is big now cause he got the big update in the rivals rankings awhile ago. im thinking he might sway somewhere else.

CashmoneyDrew
01-04-2010, 01:36 AM
OT shon coleman auburn commit said he's going to use all his visits even though he is commited to auburn. lots of people say that we have him but i dunno. i think his ego is big now cause he got the big update in the rivals rankings awhile ago. im thinking he might sway somewhere else.

Stoked he's visiting UT.

keylime_5
01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Chris Bryant and Twan Anderson have been kicking butt in Army Bowl practice so far. Sharrif Floyd too, but no one is 100% certain if he will be a Buckeye or Gator come Saturday.

kwilk103
01-04-2010, 03:48 PM
Chris Bryant and Twan Anderson have been kicking butt in Army Bowl practice so far. Sharrif Floyd too, but no one is 100% certain if he will be a Buckeye or Gator come Saturday.

latwan = :)

keylime_5
01-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Anderson is gonna be an amazing free safety I think. Only downfall is that he's 5'9". Bob Sanders was short too though.

TitanHope
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Vols reportedly offered Marcques Dixon (http://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Marcques-Dixon-87480), a 3* CB/ATH from Decatur, GA, and he's given them his verbal. I think we're the only SEC to offer him, but recruiting Georgia is vital for the Vols and it's always good to pull a guy out of UGA's backyard.

He seems like a pretty under the radar guy too. Missed his junior year, and has tore it up his senior year returning kicks and playing CB. We needed another CB too.

draftguru151
01-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Canes starting recruiting him late as a return guy, his senior stats were pretty ridiculous.

FatJJ44
01-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Just curious, but what do you SC think about Sean Parker? Are you still confindent about him?

CashmoneyDrew
01-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Vols reportedly offered Marcques Dixon (http://rivals.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Marcques-Dixon-87480), a 3* CB/ATH from Decatur, GA, and he's given them his verbal. I think we're the only SEC to offer him, but recruiting Georgia is vital for the Vols and it's always good to pull a guy out of UGA's backyard.

He seems like a pretty under the radar guy too. Missed his junior year, and has tore it up his senior year returning kicks and playing CB. We needed another CB too.

I'm excited about him. We need a few DBs with Berry leaving and Rogan most likely joining him. Brent Vinson is done as well I believe.

GatorJetsFan15
01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
We need for this to happen

Did you not catch the "No Fly Zone" at the UA Game?

Plus, I'm not believing anything Elam says until someone is doing his homework at FSU.

(Just kidding, Noles fans.)

Hines
01-04-2010, 10:05 PM
I read somewhere that Shariff Floyd was quoted saying that Dominique Easley will not be a Gator. Said that Florida could pull his scholi if Floyd infact choses Florida. Interesting.

superman8456
01-04-2010, 10:21 PM
I read somewhere that Shariff Floyd was quoted saying that Dominique Easley will not be a Gator. Said that Florida could pull his scholi if Floyd infact choses Florida. Interesting.

I would die of laughter if that happened. Dick move by Floyd, but Easley was pretty *** about his recruiting process and kind of using Penn St.

critesy
01-04-2010, 10:23 PM
ronald powell mentioned he always liked auburn in an article, got a little boner going. he also mentioned if he stays close to home its USC and if he goes away from home its florida, so.. it just went away.

GatorJetsFan15
01-04-2010, 11:02 PM

Easley's response to Floyd:

“I don’t even know him, so I don’t know why he’d say that,” Easley added. “I’m done with recruiting now. My only visit will be to Florida and that’s where I’m going.”

I don't think Easley's scholarship gets pulled if we land Floyd. I think he'll just stick at DE and depending on what the Pouncey's do, Orr might be moved to OL.

Gators people are liking their chances with big Shariff. Then again, so do Ohio State fans. We'll see Saturday.

keylime_5
01-04-2010, 11:10 PM
the rumor about Floyd telling the UF coaches he'd commit to them this weekend is apparently false. The rumor that he's telling other Florida recruits he's gonna verbal to them might not be. There's lots of people including plenty of the media and players and coaches in San Antonio who think Floyd commits to Ohio State. It was said a that Florida's coaches said they'd be "shocked" if they get Floyd saturday. So..........yeah, I guess we'll have to wait until Saturday to see which one he picks, could go either way. Definitely, certainly smoke for both camps.

GatorJetsFan15
01-04-2010, 11:31 PM
It seems there's a decent chance Powell announces Saturday and it's Florida, though. More up in the air recently though with USC guys in his ear.

keylime_5
01-05-2010, 09:16 AM
getting Easley, Floyd, and Powell wouldn't be fair. Crazy how UF's recruiting picks up after their coach proves that he might not be there in the long run.

GatorJetsFan15
01-05-2010, 10:05 AM
getting Easley, Floyd, and Powell wouldn't be fair. Crazy how UF's recruiting picks up after their coach proves that he might not be there in the long run.

I totally didn't expect it.

But with the two new commits, the dominant performance of UF commits at the UAA game, and with the new staff being solidified, they could be riding some solid momentum into Feb 3rd.

Bad news though is I'm worried about Mack Brown to FSU with RB coach Kenny Carter off to Louisville.

critesy
01-05-2010, 12:07 PM
auburn has the 3rd ranked class on rivals, awesome. :)

BigJohn98
01-05-2010, 04:15 PM
Apparently Meyer and Elam had a long and emotional talk...and that's all I'm gunna say. Unbelieveable.

TitanHope
01-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Apparently Meyer and Elam had a long and emotional talk...and that's all I'm gunna say. Unbelieveable.

I know we make fun of Florida with *** jokes, but God damn it's just getting too easy now...

I'm excited about him. We need a few DBs with Berry leaving and Rogan most likely joining him. Brent Vinson is done as well I believe.

Don't you even play Voodoo! Don't you even play! :(

BigJohn98
01-05-2010, 04:33 PM
I know we make fun of Florida with *** jokes, but God damn it's just getting too easy now...

Don't you even play Voodoo! Don't you even play! :(

Apparently Elam can't turn his back on Meyer and may decide at the US Army All American game Saturday.

It's amazing how after Florida fans go on his facebook page and belittle him, that he can consider going back to UF.

sbh15
01-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Told ya he was wavering. Didn't think it was likely he switched, but all it took was a long talk with Meyer, who is like a father figure to him. Mom wants him at UF too, and I'm sure his brother Abram is on that same train, having been coached by Meyer.

I'm honestly a little skeptical that he switches, but the news looks good for UF.

I will say I think he needs to stay his 2nd semester and sign on NSD, however.

keylime_5
01-05-2010, 05:03 PM
detroit DT johnathon hankins commits to ohio state. says he'll play as a true freshman. had a big senior year after a kinda disappointing camp circuit. had offers from oklahoma, florida, alabama, and michigan. if only we can get floyd to pair with him that'd be a formidable inside prescence on D for the future. A big reason we didn't beat Florida and LSU is b/c our offensive and defensive lines sucked it up.

kwilk103
01-05-2010, 05:34 PM
uf committ travon van to wvu???

critesy
01-05-2010, 05:41 PM
james stone 4* OT narrowed choices down to bama, auburn and vanderbilt. im thinking he goes to bama. http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-James-Stone-84973

P-L
01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Hankins really didn't have offers from Florida and Alabama. They were "We're interested but we'll have to see how things go" type verbal offers. If Hankins had a committable written UF offer, he'd be a Gator.

Hankins is a pretty good player but there are some major work ethic questions there. That's the reason why Michigan waited until the last weekend of November to offer him. Who knows though. If he works his butt off, I could see him playing as a freshman.

CashmoneyDrew
01-05-2010, 05:44 PM
james stone 4* OT narrowed choices down to bama, auburn and vanderbilt. im thinking he goes to bama. http://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/player-James-Stone-84973

Yeah, he'll end up at Bama more than likely. I believe that is where his high school coach has been pushing him.

Also, Corey Lemonier is down to Tennessee, FSU and Miami.

critesy
01-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah, he'll end up at Bama more than likely. I believe that is where his high school coach has been pushing him.

Also, Corey Lemonier is down to Tennessee, FSU and Miami.

saw this too, sad face :(

sbh15
01-05-2010, 06:29 PM
Lemonier is most likely a Seminole.

draftguru151
01-05-2010, 06:31 PM
Lemonier is most likely a Seminole.

This. And there will be a mass canes suicide after the fact.

Hines
01-05-2010, 08:53 PM
I guess Joe Pa has or will visit Lattimore and that infact is improving our chances to land him. I hope we do. He could get some serious PT as a freshman if he comes to Penn State.

critesy
01-05-2010, 09:54 PM
I guess Joe Pa has or will visit Lattimore and that infact is improving our chances to land him. I hope we do. He could get some serious PT as a freshman if he comes to Penn State.
him and dyer will be the starting tailbacks for auburn. ;)

CashmoneyDrew
01-05-2010, 09:59 PM
him and dyer will be the starting tailbacks for auburn. ;)

Where does that leave room for Seastrunk? ;)

critesy
01-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Where does that leave room for Seastrunk? ;)
he'll obviously take a greyshirt to be on this team.

HawkeyeFan
01-06-2010, 12:40 AM
Marcus Coker committed Iowa not to long ago, 4* RB out of Maryland. Anyone have an opinion on him and his skill?

CashmoneyDrew
01-06-2010, 01:38 AM
This is going to sound stupid and even I am very skeptical, but apparently there's a lot of steam picking up to rumors that Brandon Willis is strongly considering Tennessee again.

steelernation77
01-06-2010, 01:52 AM
C'mon Seantrel, Bulaga is leaving...

I can dream. Reiff and Henderson on the outside would be amazing.

HawkeyeFan
01-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Wait, your a Hawkeye fan?

steelernation77
01-06-2010, 03:05 AM
Wait, your a Hawkeye fan?

Word. I'm a junior at the University of Iowa. I post pretty frequently in the Big Ten thread.

HawkeyeFan
01-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Word. I'm a junior at the University of Iowa. I post pretty frequently in the Big Ten thread.
Damn, haha, that's sick! We have another Hawkeye fan that I didn't know about. That means I live like 20min away from you, saweet!

Hines
01-06-2010, 12:31 PM
How does everyone think their class will end?

For Penn State, I have:

WR Adrian Coxson (recommiting) (MD)
CB Shyquawn Pullium (PA)
RB Marcus Lattimore (SC)
DL Michael Thorton (GA)

keylime_5
01-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Christian Bryant has been the best east DB by far in San Antonio. Exciting news (for me anyway :P), he has been head and shoulders above LaTwan Anderson. Anderson has that kind of auror about him that you never notice him in coverage, but he'll get an interception and take it to the house everytime. Not anything like a ballhawk yet who gets all the PBUs or tackles, but he is explosive with the ball in his hands. Intersting how Bryant has been way better than Anderson though, he was clearly the best Glenville DB this year, and it's finally starting to show. Maybe scout/rivals will figure that out finally and fix their DB rankings.

Interesting note from Mike Farrell:

"Hearing Sharrif Floyd and Seantrel Henderson have been talking a lot about going to Ohio State together which was interesting. Floyd is still a toss up between Florida and OSU but his talking to Henderson has to be good news for Buckeye fans on both fronts."

and from Floyd's mouth on SI:

"I told a few of [my teammates] my decision. A couple were surprised, but they could tell that I fell in love with the place. They know that this school, well, it's a program that will stand the test of time."

that second one could be read either way. me likey the first one.

The Sharrif Floyd saga this week has been insane back and forth.

draftguru151
01-06-2010, 01:47 PM

For Penn State, I have:

CB Shyquawn Pullium (PA)
RB Marcus Lattimore (SC)
DL Michael Thorton (GA)

WR Ivan McCartney
WR Quadarias Mireles or WR Kadron Boone
TE Asante Cleveland or TE Christian Thomas
DL Corey Lemonier or DL Ego Ferguson or DL Jeffrey Whittaker or DL Michael Thornton
LB Josh Shirley or LB Chritian Jones
K William Russ

I cheated but oh well. Most confident with the first one, not sure any of the DL come though.

703SKINS202
01-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Keylime, do you think Anderson is a OSU silent still or does WVU still have a shot? Guess we will see Saturday. Also DraftGuru, how confident are you in Ivan? I know some Miami people think they should have taken Geno last year to ensure McCartney, I think WVU might be able to snag him hopefully.

CashmoneyDrew
01-06-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm not gonna get into specific players, but we currently have 20 commits. If we were to keep our current class as is, we would have 8 spots left to fill by NSD. I believe those spots would be....

3 OL
2 DL
1 LB
1 DB
Wildcard= prob another lineman

We're leading for John Cullen and Chaz Green in the OL.
We're also pushing hard for Torrian Wilson, Damien Robinson, Shon Coleman, and James Stone.
If we could grab a top runningback we'll take one, but if not we won't take one.
On the D-line we're pushing hard for Brandon Willis, Corey Lemonier, and Kelcy Quarles. As a back-up plan we lead for David Mahoney.
At linebacker we're pushing for Christian Jones and Josh Shirley.
At defensive back we're going strong for Ahmad Dixon.
Our coaches also just met with Da'Rick Rodgers and got him to take an OV with us.

wicket
01-06-2010, 01:58 PM

For Penn State, I have:

CB Shyquawn Pullium (PA)
RB Marcus Lattimore (SC)
DL Michael Thorton (GA)

For ND:
I honestly have no idea.
The only guys im expecting are:
DT Bruce Gaston jr (IL)
Ath Danny Spond (CO)

any other guys are just not locks by any means

draftguru151
01-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Keylime, do you think Anderson is a OSU silent still or does WVU still have a shot? Guess we will see Saturday. Also DraftGuru, how confident are you in Ivan? I know some Miami people think they should have taken Geno last year to ensure McCartney, I think WVU might be able to snag him hopefully.

If he gets the scores, 90% confident he comes here. Not confident at all that he gets the scores though.

And yea, a lot of canes fans are pissed that Geno isn't a cane, especially with the transfers and Jacory's struggles/injuries down the stretch. He didn't want to sit behind Jacory for 3 years though so it wasn't gonna happen.

BigJohn98
01-06-2010, 02:07 PM
We close with:
Matt Elam
Christian Green
Christian Jones
Terrance Mitchell
Corey Lemoiner
maybe Mack Brown

GatorJetsFan15
01-06-2010, 02:08 PM

For Penn State, I have:

CB Shyquawn Pullium (PA)
RB Marcus Lattimore (SC)
DL Michael Thorton (GA)

For the Gators...

Lose Travon Van to WVU(doesn't qualify)
Lose Mack Brown to FSU

20) RB Shontrelle Johnson ***
21) DE Ronald Powell *****
22) DT Shariff Floyd *****
23) S Matt Elam *****
24) OLB Darrin Kitchens ***
25) WR Kadron Boone/James Louis/Adrian Coxson/Ace Sanders ****
26) WR Kadron Boone/James Louis/Adrian Coxson/Ace Sanders ****

keylime_5
01-06-2010, 02:09 PM

all indications say OSU all the way. there is one rumor on some update that he'll pick WVU though, so it's not 100% certain. The word is if he picks WVU it'll be b/c his grade situation didn't check out like they thought it would. All the people who would know say OSU though as they have all along. Most ppl think the WVU and Miami leading talk is Marcus Hall 2.0.

TitanHope
01-06-2010, 02:20 PM
This is going to sound stupid and even I am very skeptical, but apparently there's a lot of steam picking up to rumors that Brandon Willis is strongly considering Tennessee again.

Maybe Miles Austin and all those defenders returning has made him hesitant on playing time? *shrugs*

Like you said on VN, I ain't gettin' my hopes up with this guy. They say Calvin Smith is in Corey Lemonier's ear about Tennessee too and that he speaks very highly of Tennessee and Orgeron, so maybe we can steal him out from FSU?

As long as we have Jacques Smith, I'm happy. <333

kwilk103
01-06-2010, 02:28 PM
ath travon van (needs the math score sec requires, but big east doesnt; same as bruce irvin)
wr ivan mccartney
s latwan anderson

keylime_5
01-06-2010, 02:53 PM
great shots at these guys:

Floyd, Anderson, Matt James, Henderson, Brad Roby.

We'll get Bryant and Dominique Brown if we offer him.

sbh15
01-06-2010, 02:58 PM
For Florida, I think

Matt Elam
Sharrif Floyd
Ronald Powell
Ace Sanders

lose:
Travon Van

CashmoneyDrew
01-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Maybe Miles Austin and all those defenders returning has made him hesitant on playing time? *shrugs*

Like you said on VN, I ain't gettin' my hopes up with this guy. They say Calvin Smith is in Corey Lemonier's ear about Tennessee too and that he speaks very highly of Tennessee and Orgeron, so maybe we can steal him out from FSU?

As long as we have Jacques Smith, I'm happy. <333

Did you know Matt Milton, Markeith Ambles and Jawuan James all post on VN now? lol

cdmPSU17
01-06-2010, 04:45 PM

For Penn State, I have:

CB Shyquawn Pullium (PA)
RB Marcus Lattimore (SC)
DL Michael Thorton (GA)

Do you think Royster coming back will hurt our chances with Lattimore?

Hines
01-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Do you think Royster coming back will hurt our chances with Lattimore?

It may or it may not. I don't know why since he's going to have competition anywhere he goes. I am pretty sure three backs leave after next season, so Lattimore could get some carries. Also, if he can beat out Green and/or Beachum and Carter, he'll get carries.

P-L
01-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Tony Grimes and Clarence Murphy were both silents before Jay Hopson left to take the Memphis defensive coordinator job. Both are up in the air now, but are expected to pick U-M in the end. We still have a good shot at Sean Parker and Rashad Knight, but I think Parker picks USC in the end. Jibreel Black and Torrain Wilson could join this class as well, but I'm still iffy on them.

keylime_5
01-06-2010, 08:00 PM
i think i heard Jibreel black gained a lot of weight and got real sloppy. Being only about 6'1", I think his frame has been maxed out for now and he wanted to get big for college, but did it the wrong way.

BigJohn98
01-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Elam has decommited and will decide between Florida, Florida State, and Georgia Saturday.

CashmoneyDrew
01-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Elam is going to Florida, my guess. Sorry BJ. I wish he'd leave the SEC myself if he's not going to UT. :(

sbh15
01-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Elam has decommited and will decide between Florida, Florida State, and Georgia Saturday.

Says it's UF, UGA, FSU in that order.

critesy
01-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Auburn has 27 recruits right now with 5 of them counting towards last class, so they have room for 6 i believe.

SC RB Marcus Lattimore, 5*
SC OL Eric Mack, 4* from SCar
GA DT Jeffery Whitaker, 4*
GA LB Victor Beasley, 3* from Clemson

and for a highly unlikely on the outside looking in wildcard.. Corey Lemoiner ;) lolz

also we lose

AL ATH DJ Howard, 3* to clemson.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd25/SwivDarko/auburn20recruits20at20ua.jpg

keylime_5
01-06-2010, 10:01 PM
farrell's re-predictions:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=1035208

P-L
01-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I love how Farrell keeps acting like Michigan is in consideration for Dior Mathis, despite the fact that we told him we aren't going to take him because we don't have the room.

draftguru151
01-07-2010, 12:49 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/880/F640157.jpg

keylime_5
01-07-2010, 01:34 PM
it was only a matter of time before that picture got posted here : D

I think that confirms Floyd to Florida ; p

I think the Tank Johnson comparisons will start flowing now ; D

iowatreat54
01-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Why does he have an assault rifle...at practice?

Nevermind, it looks like a picture with some sort of army equipment. I had to do a double take lol.

HindSight
01-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Hankins really didn't have offers from Florida and Alabama. They were "We're interested but we'll have to see how things go" type verbal offers. If Hankins had a committable written UF offer, he'd be a Gator.

Hankins is a pretty good player but there are some major work ethic questions there. That's the reason why Michigan waited until the last weekend of November to offer him. Who knows though. If he works his butt off, I could see him playing as a freshman.
Yeah....Michigan has plenty of room to be slow playing defensive players.

roidrunner
01-07-2010, 04:54 PM
louisville got another commit today from DE. BJ Butler, a former UGA commit.

critesy
01-07-2010, 04:56 PM
louisville wtf, those coaches just doin work in so little time.

kwilk103
01-07-2010, 05:02 PM
looking like latwan anderson to wvu:)

roidrunner
01-07-2010, 05:47 PM
we have like 13 prospective commits coming this weekend, including Chandler a DT from Miami, Torrian Wilson from Miami and Kandron Boone WR. They are all coming to visit louisville so it should be a good couple of days coming up.

roidrunner
01-07-2010, 05:57 PM
also add Kamal Hogan RB, Malcolm Strong DE, WR Kai Dominguez from NJ
OL Danny Foose from NJ DB Senorise Perry from GA, and Ernest Thomas DB from Michigan.

P-L
01-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Umm... I don't understand what you are getting at or if you understand Michigan's recruiting situation. We weren't slow playing him. We flat out weren't going to offer him at all. Then we got desperate because all of our other defensive tackle prospects went elsewhere. If he went to High School in any other state, he wouldn't have a U-M offer regardless of our need for defensive tackles.

keylime_5
01-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Anderson's grade issues are gonna be a problem. He's gonna sign WVU instead of worrying about that, Ted Ginn Sr. not too happy with him after he stuck his neck out to get him an OSU offer and he blew it.

kwilk103
01-07-2010, 09:12 PM
osu doesnt take the ncca min?

keylime_5
01-07-2010, 09:13 PM
no, they take higher. frustrating sometimes, but that's what the big ten hangs its hat on.

P-L
01-07-2010, 09:13 PM
osu doesnt take the ncca min?
I don't think any school in the Big Ten does.

keylime_5
01-07-2010, 09:16 PM
...good news though is that Christian Bryant has been the East's best DB in coverage on a squad that includes Matt Elam, Cullen Christian, and Keenan Allen (Allen has been amazing too I hear). Bryant covered Prater to start, and after they moved Prater in the slot, Prater was the MVP of the day. Prater, Bryant, Floyd, Allen and Powell sound like they've been the best players in practices so far this week.

keylime_5
01-07-2010, 09:21 PM
They say that Anderson to WVU isn't completely done. Ginn Sr. still trying to get it straightened out since he is down there in San Antonio like always. Not getting optomistic yet though. Needless to say Ginn has a lot of power in the recruiting industry.

Hines
01-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Lattimore seems to be hanging out with all the Penn State kids a lot and getting real close to them. Him and Redd in the future if Lattimore does in fact commit to Penn State would be fantastic.

P-L
01-07-2010, 09:34 PM
...good news though is that Christian Bryant has been the East's best DB in coverage on a squad that includes Matt Elam, Cullen Christian, and Keenan Allen (Allen has been amazing too I hear). Bryant covered Prater to start, and after they moved Prater in the slot, Prater was the MVP of the day. Prater, Bryant, Floyd, Allen and Powell sound like they've been the best players in practices so far this week.
Where have you been reading this? I've been following Scout.com's Practice Blog and they've had pretty mixed reviews on Bryant. I've read just as much bad as I have good.

Day 1
Christinan Green beat Christian Bryant (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4233622) on a fly nice throw caught for TD.

Day 2
Kyle Prater(USC) shook Christian Bryant (uncommitted) like a dog shaking a flea.

Day 3
Jones throws 55 yards to Christian Green who smoked Christian Bryant on the play, nice juke to separate.
AJ Derby fires a TD to Sticks McCartney who beat Christian Bryant.

If he's the East's best defensive back, it's going to be a long day on Saturday against those West receivers.

draftguru151
01-07-2010, 09:38 PM
And Allen had like 7 INTs the first day so.....

keylime_5
01-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Allen has been doing real well. They said everyone had up and down practices all week without exception, but Bryant has been making plays, breaking up passes, stellar coverage. iow His national rating will go up after this week.

Sniper
01-07-2010, 09:54 PM

He's like 5'6". 5'6" corners? I'll pass, thanks.

keylime_5
01-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I think most of this is from scout.com. I took it off buckeyeplanet and from another message board that was discussing it.

"Bryant may not be as big as some of the other corners in this game, but his cover skills are as good, if not better, than anyone here," said Scout.com East Regional Manager Bob Lichtenfels. "He plays much bigger than he is and plays a physical brand of ball. Bryant shows impressive closing speed and a very smooth and fluid back pedal. He made several big plays (during practice), most notably a diving interception of a deep pass. What is even more impressive about Bryant's showing (Tuesday) was the fact that he challenged the nation's No. 2-rated wide receiver, Kyle Prater, most of the day."

"Christian Bryant had a great day and was arguably the best cover corner on the east team today."

"Bryant is currently a four-star and rated as one of the top 100 players in the country, but made a ton of plays today and outplayed even our expectations. He is never out of position and rarely makes a mistake. "

"Top Defensive Backs
1. Keenan Allen
2. Christian Bryant
3. Cullen Christian
4. Jaylen Watkins
5. Matt Elam"

"If there is a player on the East team that you can say is under rated it is Christian Bryant. Bryant has consistently been the best cover corner during the East practices. Bryant doesn’t talk or say much, but he makes plays. He made several big break-ups during the morning practice session on Tuesday. He is also a very gritty player that is more physical than most players his size."

plus there's some premium first hand reports i won't post b/c it's on the pay board that has glowing remarks that say basically the same stuff. Allen has been at safety, so when I said best DB I guess I should've said best CB to be more accurate. Allen is a physical freak.

ironman4579
01-07-2010, 10:02 PM
He's like 5'6". 5'6" corners? I'll pass, thanks.

Not that I would ever stick up for hindsight, but I think he was talking about Hankins actually.

Sniper
01-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Not that I would ever stick up for hindsight, but I think he was talking about Hankins actually.

See what happens when you miss four pages of this thread? :D I wanted Hankins to commit to UM so much. Ohio State should send Archie Collins a nice present.

ironman4579
01-07-2010, 10:09 PM
See what happens when you miss four pages of this thread? :D I wanted Hankins to commit to UM so much. Ohio State should send Archie Collins a nice present.

Archie Collins should get punched in the face. One of these days his crap is going to come back and bite him in the ass.

Sniper
01-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Archie Collins should get punched in the face. One of these days his crap is going to come back and bite him in the ass.

Seriously...what does he do to these kids? Promise them dolla dolla bills if they don't sign with UM? Listening to Collins really worked out for Fred Smith. One catch for seven yards, pissed off his whole family and got into the Organized Thug, er, Team Activities in the MSU dorms.

ironman4579
01-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Seriously...what does he do to these kids? Promise them dolla dolla bills if they don't sign with UM? Listening to Collins really worked out for Fred Smith. One catch for seven yards, pissed off his whole family and got into the Organized Thug, er, Team Activities in the MSU dorms.

When you basically kidnap a kid (Smith) for a weekend to take him to MSU, to the point that his parents don't even know where he is, I think you've stepped over the line.

Sniper
01-07-2010, 10:15 PM
When you basically kidnap a kid (Smith) for a weekend to take him to MSU, to the point that his parents don't even know where he is, I think you've stepped over the line.

Wasn't the big selling point for Smith that he would be able to play both football and basketball at MSU? Isn't that what they told him when Collins "kidnapped' him? How's his hoops career going?

ironman4579
01-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Wasn't the big selling point for Smith that he would be able to play both football and basketball at MSU? Isn't that what they told him when Collins "kidnapped' him? How's his hoops career going?

That was the selling point, yes. And he hasn't set foot on the home court in a Spartans jersey.

HindSight
01-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Umm... I don't understand what you are getting at or if you understand Michigan's recruiting situation. We weren't slow playing him. We flat out weren't going to offer him at all. Then we got desperate because all of our other defensive tackle prospects went elsewhere. If he went to High School in any other state, he wouldn't have a U-M offer regardless of our need for defensive tackles.
You're the one following michigan.....but isn't the DLine a pretty big weakness, depth wise? Slow play or no play....it doesn't make sense for the in state school to not go after a body at an assumed position of need if teams like Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Florida offered/showed interest/whatever you want to believe.

Either the michigan coaching staff is dead certain the kid's weight issues and lack of effort are going to make him completely worthless (hello Shaq Rowell), or they're kind of inept. Looking at the whole debacle that is the Rich Rodriguez era so far.....I'm leaning towards the latter.

ironman4579
01-08-2010, 10:26 AM
You're the one following michigan.....but isn't the DLine a pretty big weakness, depth wise? Slow play or no play....it doesn't make sense for the in state school to not go after a body at an assumed position of need if teams like Ohio State, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Florida offered/showed interest/whatever you want to believe.

Either the michigan coaching staff is dead certain the kid's weight issues and lack of effort are going to make him completely worthless (hello Shaq Rowell), or they're kind of inept. Looking at the whole debacle that is the Rich Rodriguez era so far.....I'm leaning towards the latter.

I wouldn't say the DLine as a whole is a weakness depth wise, with something like 13-14 guys after this recruiting class for a 3 man line. What I would say, and somewhat agree with you on, is that the big body NT guys are sorely lacking (read: nonexistent) after Will Campbell. Which was the reason I wanted Hankins so badly.

Hell, at this point I'd settle for taking a damn -6 star guy as long as he's big enough to fill that spot for a few plays without falling over or dying.

Marino13
01-08-2010, 10:31 AM

Michigan has got a couple DTs in Richard Ash and Terry Talbot so it's not a huge loss. And Hankins wasn't considered till really late in the process.

As for biggest need? I'd say it's safety as we have commitments from Marvin Robinson, Carvin Johnson, and Ray Vinopal and are still heavily recruiting Sean Parker and Rashad Knight

ironman4579
01-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Michigan has got a couple DTs in Richard Ash and Terry Talbot so it's not a huge loss. And Hankins wasn't considered till really late in the process.

As for biggest need? I'd say it's safety as we have commitments from Marvin Robinson, Carvin Johnson, and Ray Vinopal and are still heavily recruiting Sean Parker and Rashad Knight

I wouldn't blow NT off as a pretty big need though. Both of those guys are UT or 3-4 DE types basically. Really, the majority of the positions on defense are positions of need at this point, talentwise anyway. Although the DLine outside of NT and the secondary (mainly safety) are starting to shape up fairly well.

HindSight
01-08-2010, 10:56 AM
I know this will sound like more Michigan bashing from a homer OSU fan.....but I'm reading some Tom Beaver updates today and I have to ask.

Do you guys really swallow this blowhard's BS?

Marino13
01-08-2010, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't blow NT off as a pretty big need though. Both of those guys are UT or 3-4 DE types basically. Really, the majority of the positions on defense are positions of need at this point, talentwise anyway. Although the DLine outside of NT and the secondary (mainly safety) are starting to shape up fairly well.

I know NT is a need, but With Talbott and Ash in, plus BWC, and Sagesse and Banks, and Mike Martin we have some solid players for next year and another year to add depth

Oh and HindSight, no I don't read Tom Beaver. Josh Helmholdt and Chris Balas are much better

ironman4579
01-08-2010, 11:14 AM
I know NT is a need, but With Talbott and Ash in, plus BWC, and Sagesse and Banks, and Mike Martin we have some solid players for next year and another year to add depth

Oh and HindSight, no I don't read Tom Beaver. Josh Helmholdt and Chris Balas are much better

Right, my point is that basically only Will Campbell is a true NT. Every one of those other guys would be playing out of position at NT. Hell, Mike Martin is the biggest one other than Will Campbell out of that group, and he was (and still is) quite undersized for the role he's asked to fill. Ideally, you'd want to see something like

DT-Mike Martin
NT-Will Campbell
DE-RVB

as a starting group this coming year. I'm not sure if you'll see it though, as outside of Martin and Campbell, no one really has the size to fill that role.

CashmoneyDrew
01-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Recruiting guru over at Volnation is saying 4 star safety from Texas Ahmad Dixon has committed to the Vols.

P-L
01-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I know this will sound like more Michigan bashing from a homer OSU fan.....but I'm reading some Tom Beaver updates today and I have to ask.

Do you guys really swallow this blowhard's BS?
Ever since National Signing Day he has gone down hill (especially these past couple of months), but he's still solid overall and gives good information for the most part. Curious though as to what stood out to you as BS today. PM me if necessary.

P-L
01-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Got some encouraging words today on Sean Parker, and this was before the Pete Carroll news. Haven't heard a "yes" yet, but I'm pretty confident especially now that Carroll is gone to the NFL. Also heard some rumblings (from a less reliable source) that Dillon Baxter is strongly considering Michigan right now. I'm not holding my breath on that one though.

sbh15
01-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Got some encouraging words today on Sean Parker, and this was before the Pete Carroll news. Haven't heard a "yes" yet, but I'm pretty confident especially now that Carroll is gone to the NFL. Also heard some rumblings (from a less reliable source) that Dillon Baxter is strongly considering Michigan right now. I'm not holding my breath on that one though.

Baxter is gonna look at USC, UM, and UF if Carroll leaves.

keylime_5
01-08-2010, 10:00 PM
I wonder where Kyle Prater ends up now, 'cause it ain't gonna be SC.

iowatreat54
01-08-2010, 10:02 PM
I wonder where Kyle Prater ends up now, 'cause it ain't gonna be SC.

I'm going to be so pissed when it's Illinois.

keylime_5
01-08-2010, 10:08 PM
You mean that team who's future at head coach is probably more uncertain than USC's?

sbh15
01-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Prater's already looking at UF and UT. I say UT.

BTW, got news that Elam, Floyd, and Powell will be Gators.

TitanHope
01-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Wasn't Tennessee in it with Prater until he decided on USC?

Recruiting guru over at Volnation is saying 4 star safety from Texas Ahmad Dixon has committed to the Vols.

Great news!

keylime_5
01-08-2010, 10:41 PM

i've heard same. however they could've been guessing regarding Powell.
LaTwan Anderson has committed to West Virginia as well....as we'll see publically tomorrow in the 1st qtr of the AAA game.

CashmoneyDrew
01-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Damn. If we got Prater to go along with Ambles and Milton.......

I'd jizz mah pants.

TitanHope
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Damn. If we got Prater to go along with Ambles and Milton.......

I'd jizz mah pants.

Rivals compared Ahmad Dixon to Michael Griffin. :D

Think Ambles or Milton would decommit if we got Prater?

BigJohn98
01-08-2010, 11:20 PM

-sigh-....

keylime_5
01-08-2010, 11:21 PM
florida wins recruiting this year :/

CashmoneyDrew
01-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Rivals compared Ahmad Dixon to Michael Griffin. :D

Think Ambles or Milton would decommit if we got Prater?

Milton can't. He's already enrolled. Ambles might, but I doubt it.

wicket
01-09-2010, 03:19 AM
IF Prater has in fact decommitted Id like the odds of ND pretty much. I think ND as the leader with Illinois chasing by a very small margin. That commit and the following commit of Corey Cooper (that would happen if Prater committed) woul boost NDs class so much.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 07:40 AM

I certainly hope so. I just don't want Floyd at Ohio State.

Marino13
01-09-2010, 09:34 AM
IF Prater has in fact decommitted Id like the odds of ND pretty much. I think ND as the leader with Illinois chasing by a very small margin. That commit and the following commit of Corey Cooper (that would happen if Prater committed) woul boost NDs class so much.

new coaching staff at ND so it's hard to say.

DoWnThEfiElD
01-09-2010, 09:39 AM

Ya I highly doubt Baxter. Hopefully Parker, also I guess this means Henderson to OSU.

critesy
01-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Wasn't Tennessee in it with Prater until he decided on USC?

Great news!

no, bad news!

keylime_5
01-09-2010, 10:28 AM
it baffles me why OSU never offered or recruited Prater. Probably would've gotten him if we tried. :/

BigJohn98
01-09-2010, 10:52 AM
My predictions

Pre-game
C.J. Mosley-Bama

First quarter
Latwan Anderson-West Virginia
Victor Hampton-South Carolina

Second quarter
Dior Mathis-Oregon

Halftime
Shariff Floyd-Florida

Third quarter
Marquis Flowers-USC
Brandon Willis-North Carolina

Fourth quarter
Matt Elam-UF
Ronald Powel-UF

Not getting a good vibe from Elam today.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 11:34 AM
It sounds like MI CB (Cass Tech) Delonte Hollowell is going to commit to Michigan soon enough. I'm a little apprehensive about taking short corners, but if you only have one or two on the roster at the same time, it's not a terrible thing.

DoWnThEfiElD
01-09-2010, 11:37 AM
It sounds like MI CB (Cass Tech) Delonte Hollowell is going to commit to Michigan soon enough. I'm a little apprehensive about taking short corners, but if you only have one or two on the roster at the same time, it's not a terrible thing.

Whats up with every corner from Cass Tech being short?

Sniper
01-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Whats up with every corner from Cass Tech being short?

Ha, I don't know. You're right, though. Cissoko, Mathis, Hollowell. Also, their linemen seem to be pretty damn big. Joseph Barksdale and William Campbell can attest to that.

I like smaller, quicker corners when they go man-to-man against slot guys.

ironman4579
01-09-2010, 12:05 PM
Ha, I don't know. You're right, though. Cissoko, Mathis, Hollowell. Also, their linemen seem to be pretty damn big. Joseph Barksdale and William Campbell can attest to that.

I like smaller, quicker corners when they go man-to-man against slot guys.

Is it possible their coaching staff moves smaller guys to CB as freshman? Like they prefer certain size guys at certain positions and move them accordingly as first year guys? Just a theory, but it seems plausible to me after thinking about it.

nepg
01-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Oh, man. Painful watching all of the USC recruits get interviewed at the AAA game.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM
C.J Mosley with a sweet announcement, also is heading to 'Bama.

JRTPlaya21
01-09-2010, 12:13 PM
D.J. Morgan decommitts

http://twitter.com/BFeldmanESPN

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 12:15 PM
i have a feeling that a USC feeding frenzy will happen soon. A lot of kids go there to be coached by Carroll. Should be fun to watch

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 12:21 PM
latwan anderson chooses WVU

JRTPlaya21
01-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Latwan Anderson to WVU officially now.

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 12:25 PM
i wonder if there is going to be any shockers today?

JRTPlaya21
01-09-2010, 12:26 PM
If Seastrunk picked a school that may be a shocker.

703SKINS202
01-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Anderson is a huge get for us, very happy.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Should be interesting to see what happens with Seantrel now. The common wisdom in Minnesota is that his dad has been pushing USC behind the scenes because he wants to benefit his rap career (seriously). If Seantrel commits to USC even after Carrol leaves that would add a lot of legitimacy to those rumors.

JRTPlaya21
01-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Should be interesting to see what happens with Seantrel now. The common wisdom in Minnesota is that his dad has been pushing USC behind the scenes because he wants to benefit his rap career (seriously). If Seantrel commits to USC even after Carrol leaves that would add a lot of legitimacy to those rumors.

Wow. That is extremely silly.

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 12:32 PM
well it would only add one more nail in the coffin of USC, Bush got benefits, Mcknight got a Land Rover, and Seantrel got his dad a rap career.

Stamper
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
thats a blue chip defensive end catching that td pass

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
lol, they said he was an all american at both positions last year, just proves how insaine of an athlete that guy is.

keylime_5
01-09-2010, 12:37 PM
if you're a 40/50 year old dude, you should give up your dreams of becoming a big time rapper

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
wright chooses USC...

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
if you're a 40/50 year old dude, you should give up your dreams of becoming a big time rapper

some people just wont let their dreams die. Even if it at the expense of their own children.

LizardState
01-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Prater has "backed off" on USC, per the HS All America game in San Antonio. He's the biggest name still out there uncommitted & will pick from about 10 schools.... Illinois? He's from Chicago isnt he? Say it isnt so, Joe ....

Pre-game
C.J. Mosley-Bama

Yeah, just announced, the Tackling Machine was a done deal per crimsontide.com, he's in-state from Theodore & that's a Mobile suburb. I see him in the LB corps with Jerrell Harris, Nico Johnson & Hightower coming back on a medical redshirt but it's for his soph. yr. The state of Alabama produces about 5-6 Div.1-quality players every yr. & Saban has all of them the last 2 yrs.

CashmoneyDrew
01-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Eh, was hoping Wright would do a 180 and choose UT after the Carrol saga, but I'm not surprised he didn't.

JRTPlaya21
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
What a catch by Ambles.

CashmoneyDrew
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
What a catch by Ambles.

Such a beast! :D

CashmoneyDrew
01-09-2010, 12:42 PM
And another Vol with a great play.

JRTPlaya21
01-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Lizard, isn't Henderson a bigger name then Prater? :)

Sniper
01-09-2010, 12:43 PM
LaTwan Anderson is only the second kid from Glenville in the Tressel era to spurn a Buckeye offer. I'm now a LaTwan fan. :)

keylime_5
01-09-2010, 12:44 PM
LaTwan Anderson is only the second kid from Glenville in the Tressel era to spurn a Buckeye offer. I'm now a LaTwan fan. :)

unlike Cordale Scott, he had grade issues that might've kept him from getting into OSU.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Seantrel is 18. His dad had him as a teenager, which means he's about 35.

keylime_5
01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
which is about 40.

bearsfan_51
01-09-2010, 12:48 PM
And Seantrel is about 13...I guess...

Sniper
01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Victor Hampton to South Carolina.

CashmoneyDrew
01-09-2010, 12:50 PM
No surprises with the commitments yet...

keylime_5
01-09-2010, 12:51 PM
And Seantrel is about 13...I guess...

calling a 35 year old 40 and calling a 18 year old 13 are two different things.

wicket
01-09-2010, 12:53 PM
calling a 35 year old 40 and calling a 18 year old 13 are two different things.

besides them when someone had their kid @18 and their kid is 18 the father can be 36 or 37 not 35. Therefore calling him 40 is about as accurate as calling him 35

Sniper
01-09-2010, 12:54 PM
http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/dillon-baxter-update

MGoBlog's TomVH with some Dillon Baxter snippets.

keylime_5
01-09-2010, 12:55 PM
too old either way. selfish too.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Blocked FG for a TD.

CashmoneyDrew
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Don't fall victim to the UT kicking curse Palardy!!!!!!

FFFFfuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

LizardState
01-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Cassius Marsh just blocked a FG, never left his feet! Shades of Terrence Cody!

Where's March going? Somebody from Bama sign that kid up if he's uncommitted, we're losing Cody to the NFL in April.

CashmoneyDrew
01-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Cassius Marsh just blocked a FG, never left his feet! Shades of Terrence Cody!

Where's March going? Somebody from Bama sign that kid up if he's uncommitted, we're losing Cody to the NFL in April.

LSU bound.

steelernation77
01-09-2010, 01:01 PM
There's some decent football being played during this recruiting commercial.

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Miami Northwestern Junior Teddy Bridgewater is taking an unofficial visit to Louisville this weekend. Very interesting....

Sniper
01-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Dior Mathis to Oregon. Not surprising at all.

CashmoneyDrew
01-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Dior Mathis to Oregon. Not surprising at all.

Another non-shocker. :(

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 01:06 PM
bigjohn has yet to miss....

Stamper
01-09-2010, 01:07 PM
praters had everything but his hands with him today

Sniper
Another non-shocker. :(

I thought Michigan might get back in with Tony Grimes dropping them, but I guess not. Mathis is listed at 5'8"-5'9" but there are rumblings that he's more on the 5'6"-5'7" side. That's freakin' tiny.

steelernation77
Derby is going to be a tough QB for us.

wicket
01-09-2010, 01:08 PM
praters had everything but his hands with him today

the throw was high and behind him, would have been an impressive catch

BigJohn98
01-09-2010, 01:08 PM
bigjohn has yet to miss....

It's a gift, to be quite honest. ;)

I hope I'm wrong with Matt Elam, though.

Sniper
01-09-2010, 01:10 PM
It's a gift, to be quite honest. ;)

I hope I'm wrong with Matt Elam, though.

Could you predict Dillon Baxter, Shariff Floyd, Seantrel Henderson and Jeff Luc to Michigan, please? Thanks a lot.

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 01:10 PM
i have a feeling the Elam is not done waffling yet. He will probably change it a couple of more times. I have a gut feeling that he will in the end choose neither UF or FSU.

BigJohn98
01-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Could you predict Dillon Baxter, Shariff Floyd, Seantrel Henderson and Jeff Luc to Michigan, please? Thanks a lot.

LOL. I'd love to predict Floyd to Michigan. Actually, anywhere but Gainesville. Luc though, he's all garnet and gold. :)

Sniper
01-09-2010, 01:13 PM
LOL. I'd love to predict Floyd to Michigan. Actually, anywhere but Gainesville. Luc though, he's all garnet and gold. :)

Fine, fine. Switch Luc to Ronald Powell.

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 01:15 PM
dont worry your guys recruiting classes will always be higher than my schools rankings. Though things have been looking up as of lately.

DoWnThEfiElD
01-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Elam and Powell have been the most impressive to be. Elam has made some big hits so far, should be a very good safety IMO.

sbh15
01-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Abram Elam, Matt Elam's brother, posted an article on his website saying Matt is a Gator.

iowatreat54
Apparently AJ Debry has volunteered to be the East's longsnapper, that's why he was on punt coverage.

Beast.

Sniper
Hagerup is launching bombs.

CashmoneyDrew
01-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Abram Elam, Matt Elam's brother, posted an article on his website saying Matt is a Gator.

That's kind of a douche move.

BigJohn98
01-09-2010, 01:19 PM

God would you go away! ;)

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I think BYU got a STUD in Heaps. He is looking pretty good.

BigJohn98
01-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Please Shariff, choose Ohio State.

DoWnThEfiElD
01-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Please Shariff, choose Ohio State.

No choose Florida ;-)

keylime_5
01-09-2010, 01:26 PM
i wanna see a guy put just one hat on the table and select it.

roidrunner
01-09-2010, 01:27 PM
i wanna see a guy pick a hat that is not on the table. Talk about a shocker!

steelernation77
01-09-2010, 01:28 PM
AJ is getting no respect. F this game.

keylime_5
01-09-2010, 01:29 PM
victor hampton's family all had gamecock hats on before they picked. It would be something if the recruit's family all had a school hat on like that and then they all switched hats after the announcement to a different school

EDIT: i told this to someone on theozone and he said this: "No. There should be four entire families there wearing hats, and then he chooses a family. "

steelernation77
01-09-2010, 01:31 PM
victor hampton's family all had gamecock hats on before they picked. It would be something if the recruit's family all had a school hat on like that and then they all switched hats after the announcement to a different school

Personally I think it's stupid when players fake like they're going to pick a school or try to build drama while picking. How self-absorbed can you get?

iowatreat54
01-09-2010, 01:32 PM
AJ is getting no respect. F this game.

Yup, completely ridiculous. And it's not like the East QBs are playing well. They are all doing terrible.

I also agree with you on the kids picking hats. Seriously, picking up hats, moving them around, it doesn't make you look cool. In fact, it makes you look like a clown. Just say, "It was a tough choice," and then pick a hat.

keylime_5
01-09-2010, 01:32 PM
i know, it's really getting out of hand. we're just making fun.