PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33

P-L
01-13-2010, 12:05 PM
I assume three scholarships will be saved for Christian Bryant, Seantrel Henderson, and Jordan Hicks if they decide to come. Does that leave one more and for who?

keylime_5
01-13-2010, 12:07 PM
They're saving one for Matt James too if he decides to come.

TitanHope
01-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Listening to AD Mike Hamilton now over the radio. Nothing on the coaching situation, but recruits who were EE's don't have to be in class to be locked in as students. They have to be students as of 12:01 AM. What that means for the recruiting class, I dunno, but the reports that "As long as they don't attend class" was inaccurate.

Hamilton: "The 8 EE's are enrolled at UT at this time."

TitanHope
01-13-2010, 12:37 PM
4* DT Calvin Smith decommits from Tennessee, according to Rivals.

According to Andy Staples, SI recruiting analyst:

Brandon's Byrnes High bookend, Corey Miller, already was in Knoxville. The Willises called Miller and told him he should not, under any circumstances, attend class on Wednesday. Tuesday, Miller told PalmettoSports.com that he intends to attend class anyway. "I'm 100 percent Vols," Miller told the site. "I'm going to class tomorrow. I love Knoxville. I love this place and this is where I'm going to be. It was a letdown, but we've got to stick together as a team and pull thru it."

Tyler Bray and Corey Miller = ALL VOL! Miller may or may not have participated in the pseudo-riot last night... *cough*

Reported that the other EE's are staying put, but that could very easily change. Kippy Brown and Mike Hamilton spoke to them last night and this morning, as well as their parents.

draftguru151
01-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Really hoping the Canes go after Calvin Smith. DT recruiting has been pretty sad and it sure wouldn't hurt with Lemonier.

CashmoneyDrew
01-13-2010, 12:49 PM
If he was in the riots, more power to him. I would've been lighting maltov cocktails myself had I been there.

TitanHope
01-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Really hoping the Canes go after Calvin Smith. DT recruiting has been pretty sad and it sure wouldn't hurt with Lemonier.

We were reportedly looking at him at OL.

J.C. Copeland is staying with Tennessee. Per KNS... “It doesn’t matter to me,” he said. “I’m going to Tennessee as long as the offer is still on the table.”

Zach Fulton's dad said that Fulton will be at UT if Cregg or Chaney are retained.

Thank God VN is working today. That's where most of the info I'm relaying is coming from. Jacques Smith is reportedly wavering for LSU, but he grew up a Vols fan. I'd imagine if the new HC comes in, Jac will stay. He's my favorite prospect in our class too. :(

DoughBoy
01-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Good to hear we are keeping alot of our class.

CashmoneyDrew
01-13-2010, 01:10 PM
No way Jac leaves. His heart has always been at UT. He's just blindsided right now. He'll calm down and go on to be an all-American an leader of our team for whoever the next coach is.

critesy
01-13-2010, 01:11 PM
It's either going to be Auburn or Penn State IMO. The bond he has gotten with the PSU recruits at the AA game really helps them.

i actually think USCe is in it as well just as much. he seems to be keeping it pretty even. NSD might kill me.

draftguru151
01-13-2010, 01:24 PM
We were reportedly looking at him at OL.

When he was recruited lightly at the beginning it was at OG I think. Canes have been trying to add another OL but it's been more LT types. DT recruiting has been really sad though after the Nix/Chandler fiascoes. Went after a few big guys but nothing happened, just took a guy who played 5 games his senior year and none his junior year and the other likely target is a guy who has offers from Illinois State and Toledo. Doubt anything happens with Smith though. :/

D-Unit
01-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I just looked it up, but Boise St.'s recruiting class looks sucky ducky...

What's the deal?

CashmoneyDrew
01-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Markeith Ambles just got his 5th star on Rivals.

Just in time for him to probably leave us....... :(

roidrunner
01-13-2010, 01:35 PM
Maybe Ralph Williams. I don't see any other guys we have that would leave for Louisville.

is that the kid from KY. I knwo one of your recruits is from KY, so he would be my logical guess on who would decommit to the cards

Hines
01-13-2010, 01:38 PM

What's the deal?

They're always sucky ducky. Doesn't hurt them any.

roidrunner
01-13-2010, 01:39 PM
so mike leach is the new OC at UCLA, very very interesting

M.O.T.H.
01-13-2010, 01:46 PM
As for Lattimore...the majority from what I've seen, still thinks he's SCAR bound. It used to be all SCAR and Auburn but, now he's been having a blast with PSU but, in the end, most think he's still going to be a Gamecock. Max preps had an article just yesterday putting his chances at 70% to SCAR, 20% Penn State, 5% Auburn, and 5% Oregon. And a scout article from yesterday still said SCAR or Auburn were the most likely destinations.

I'm not so sure how much to read into the Penn State stuff but, everything I keep reading is saying that he's silently all Gamecocks.

edit...most people are just talking out of their asses, though. Most Auburn insiders have him at 80%+.

TitanHope
01-13-2010, 01:46 PM
so mike leach is the new OC at UCLA, very very interesting

Source? ......

CashmoneyDrew
01-13-2010, 02:04 PM
is that the kid from KY. I knwo one of your recruits is from KY, so he would be my logical guess on who would decommit to the cards

Fugate is EE and all Vol baby. Plus he's a FB/ H-B.

JRTPlaya21
01-13-2010, 02:11 PM
New rivals 100

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2369

keylime_5
01-13-2010, 02:16 PM
rivals really really sucks at ranking the ohio kids year after year. Spencer Ware a five star? LaTwan Anderson (the 2nd best DB on his own team) #1 in Ohio? Jamie Wood was their #1 Ohio guy last year. Everyone and their mother knows the top 2 guys in Ohio this year are Jordan Hicks and Andrew Norwell. The third is probably Christian Bryant. Bryant, Ware, Anderson, James all fall in after Norwell and Hicks though. Braylon Heard is far too high.

wicket
01-13-2010, 02:20 PM

What's the deal?

they have 3 guys rated higher than anything they have recruited ever. However boise is still in idaho

Hines
01-13-2010, 02:24 PM
As for Lattimore...the majority from what I've seen, still thinks he's SCAR bound. It used to be all SCAR and Auburn but, now he's been having a blast with PSU but, in the end, most think he's still going to be a Gamecock. Max preps had an article just yesterday putting his chances at 70% to SCAR, 20% Penn State, 5% Auburn, and 5% Oregon. And a scout article from yesterday still said SCAR or Auburn were the most likely destinations.

I'm not so sure how much to read into the Penn State stuff but, everything I keep reading is saying that he's silently all Gamecocks.

edit...most people are just talking out of their asses, though. Most Auburn insiders have him at 80%+.

If he was a silent commit, he'd be commited already. He's said it already and I think that. Apparently Joe Pa is visiting him at his home after his officials. If that holds up, I can confidently say that Penn State could be the team to beat.

I don't think the % is correct from MaxPreps.

JRTPlaya21
01-13-2010, 02:31 PM
Xavier Grimble is still all USC & Baxter may be firm as well.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4818449&name=West_Recruiting&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4818449%26name%3dWest _Recruiting

M.O.T.H.
01-13-2010, 02:31 PM
meh.

All three schools think they're getting Lattimore. It's all up in the air. It's pretty funny seeing inside sources from all three schools...have their respective school as the favorite. Pick a message board at random as well...that school is getting him according to them. haha. I'm just glad that some more reliable sources still have SCAR as the team to beat. It's going to be interesting. He's got another visit with us on Friday with a large crop of SCAR commitments already...hopefully, it all goes well. The only team I'd be surprised to see him land with is, Oregon.

JRTPlaya21
01-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Hmm I could have sworn that was a free link a second ago.

JRTPlaya21
01-13-2010, 02:36 PM
http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111612

sbh15
01-13-2010, 02:44 PM
Florida has the #'s 1, 4, and 7 players in the nation. ALL on defensive line.

#'s 25, 28, 47 in the nation, ALL in the secondary.

Bostic and Jenkins waiting for LB spots. We're stacked.

roidrunner
01-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Source? ......
http://blogs.dailynews.com/usc/archives/2010/01/rumor-of-the-da-18.html

my bad its just a rumor but either way it is interesting.

ToldLikeItIs
01-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Too many ego's.

djp
01-13-2010, 03:16 PM

What's the deal?

Most people think Chris Peterson's just finding hidden gems that are actually talented, but he's really not. He finds players that fit his system. Every single player he recruits has great football instinct and awareness, and he goes from there.

His recruiting classes have never been big, but he finds the right players for them.

That's why I thought and still think that he would need a big time recruiting coordinator if he ever moves to a big name school. And this recruiting coordinator has to understand his football philosophy and work from there.

Halsey
01-13-2010, 03:39 PM
I was just looking at Rivals and Florida's class is looking downright scary on paper. They have 3 of the current top 10 on the Rivals100 and they're all three D-lineman. They're in the running for another top 10 Rivals100 member...who's also a d-lineman. UGA is busy screwing up their search for new defensive coaches when they could be finishing strong, so they can field talent to at least compete with Florida. This sucks.

critesy
01-13-2010, 04:10 PM
shon coleman OT commited to auburn got his fifth star :D, puts auburn with 3 five stars now yay.

mmm and on the lattimore discussion. i take what the auburn insiders say with a grain of salt really cause its hard to believe all that they say. but i think its SCar and AU at the moment and hes just caught up in the attention PSU is giving him at the time. hes always saying he wants a family enviroment thats close so people can watch him and what not. if i were to bet on it, the safe bet is SCar for sure.

also on another note... hines, how high is PSU on thornton cause auburns going after him pretty hard too.

CLong4Heisman
01-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Most people think Chris Peterson's just finding hidden gems that are actually talented, but he's really not. He finds players that fit his system. Every single player he recruits has great football instinct and awareness, and he goes from there.

His recruiting classes have never been big, but he finds the right players for them.

That's why I thought and still think that he would need a big time recruiting coordinator if he ever moves to a big name school. And this recruiting coordinator has to understand his football philosophy and work from there.

Jeremy Ioane.
Watch his film, you'll see why they go to BCS games but like you said, he's tiny but a flat out baller

Hines
01-13-2010, 04:13 PM
shon coleman OT commited to auburn got his fifth star :D, puts auburn with 3 five stars now yay.

mmm and on the lattimore discussion. i take what the auburn insiders say with a grain of salt really cause its hard to believe all that they say. but i think its SCar and AU at the moment and hes just caught up in the attention PSU is giving him at the time. hes always saying he wants a family enviroment thats close so people can watch him and what not. if i were to bet on it, the safe bet is SCar for sure.

also on another note... hines, how high is PSU on thornton cause auburns going after him pretty hard too.

All I am saying is don't be surprised if Lattimore doesn't chose Auburn or SCar and goes to PSU.

With Thorton, I have had Penn State insiders who have reliable sources say we might be the favorite. They're usually pretty reliable, so take it for what it's worth. I like Thorton. I believe he could come in right away and compete for playing time as a frosh.

LonghornsLegend
01-14-2010, 08:04 AM
I want Jackson Jeffcoat badly, that is all.

Everytime I get pumped up for a guy like this we miss out, Darrell Scott one year, then the huge recruit last year whose name is slipping my mind that chose OU.

Not going to hold my breath, he may end up at Houston, but I really really want him.

HindSight
01-14-2010, 09:16 AM
rivals really really sucks at ranking the ohio kids year after year. Spencer Ware a five star? LaTwan Anderson (the 2nd best DB on his own team) #1 in Ohio? Jamie Wood was their #1 Ohio guy last year. Everyone and their mother knows the top 2 guys in Ohio this year are Jordan Hicks and Andrew Norwell. The third is probably Christian Bryant. Bryant, Ware, Anderson, James all fall in after Norwell and Hicks though. Braylon Heard is far too high.
That's a crime against Jordan Hicks. That kid has super star written all over him....and these clowns at the recruiting sites get hardons for Ohio kids who don't go to Ohio State.

Which actually doesn't make sense.....since Hicks isn't going to Ohio State. He just hasn't made that official yet.

P-L
01-14-2010, 12:14 PM
The Spencer Ware five star baffled me. I know he was impressive in the Army All-American game, but five stars? Really?

SickwithIt1010
01-14-2010, 01:03 PM

Everytime I get pumped up for a guy like this we miss out, Darrell Scott one year, then the huge recruit last year whose name is slipping my mind that chose OU.

Not going to hold my breath, he may end up at Houston, but I really really want him.

He's comin to SC :)

JRTPlaya21
01-14-2010, 03:18 PM

McFarland I think?

saintsfan912
01-14-2010, 08:40 PM
The Spencer Ware five star baffled me. I know he was impressive in the Army All-American game, but five stars? Really?

Wasn't he already a 4 star? From his tapes he looks pretty damn impressive. Are you Midwest people just bitter he decided to come down south and play for LSU?

Yall can have Les Miles back if that's any kind of consolation prize.

LonghornsLegend
01-14-2010, 08:51 PM
McFarland I think?

Yep that's him, if it's any consolation those guys haven't been panning out but we've been striking out on the huge recruits that come down to the wire, so this time I refuse to get sucked in and excited about what type of player they can be.

JRTPlaya21
01-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Rivals 250

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=880&Year=2010&ra_key=2303

BigJohn98
01-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Terrance Mitchell to announce soon. Possibly tomorrow. He's all FSU.

Ivan McCartney wants to hear from FSU apparently. I hope we get on him.

P-L
01-14-2010, 10:16 PM
Wasn't he already a 4 star? From his tapes he looks pretty damn impressive. Are you Midwest people just bitter he decided to come down south and play for LSU?

Yall can have Les Miles back if that's any kind of consolation prize.
Yes that's it. How did you ever figure it out? I am so bitter that he is going to LSU instead of Ohio State. As a Michigan fan, I am truly jealous that LSU got him. I was looking forward to playing against him every year for four straight years.

He was already a 4-star, but he wasn't even a top five player in Ohio or in the top 100 overall, yet he jumps all the way to #19 overall after a pretty good all-star game. This is nothing new, Rivals always overreacts to the Army All-American game. But to jump up over 100 spots based on an all-star game is ridiculous.

sbh15
01-14-2010, 10:28 PM
Yes that's it. How did you ever figure it out? I am so bitter that he is going to LSU instead of Ohio State. As a Michigan fan, I am truly jealous that LSU got him. I was looking forward to playing against him every year for four straight years.

He was already a 4-star, but he wasn't even a top five player in Ohio or in the top 100 overall, yet he jumps all the way to #19 overall after a pretty good all-star game. This is nothing new, Rivals always overreacts to the Army All-American game. But to jump up over 100 spots based on an all-star game is ridiculous.

I'm equally concerned. How the **** did he get his 5th star when Josh Shaw didn't?

At least they finally have Powell at #1 in the nation like everyone without their head in their ass.

Hines
01-14-2010, 10:29 PM

Sounds like Dominique Easley. He is a good player no doubt, but I don't think he's the 7th best player in the nation. I doube he would've jumped that high if he stayed at Penn State.

sbh15
01-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Sounds like Dominique Easley. He is a good player no doubt, but I don't think he's the 7th best player in the nation. I doube he would've jumped that high if he stayed at Penn State.

As P-L said, Rivals overreacts to any all-star game performance. It's like when Greg Reid jumped from something like just inside the Rivals 250 to like #20 in the nation. He was more deserving than the others, but had he not won MVP in the UAAA game, he wouldn't have jumped that much, despite being the same player.

Easley deserved his 5th star, but he's probably not a top 10 player.

Hines
01-14-2010, 10:41 PM
From what I am gathering, 2011 NJ RB Savon Huggins is high on Penn State and could be in the lead. I know they are in his top 3 right now.

saintsfan912
01-14-2010, 10:44 PM

He was already a 4-star, but he wasn't even a top five player in Ohio or in the top 100 overall, yet he jumps all the way to #19 overall after a pretty good all-star game. This is nothing new, Rivals always overreacts to the Army All-1. American game. But to jump up over 100 spots based on an all-star game is ridiculous.

1. It was a joke. Forgot to click the little sarcasm button before I posted.

2. I know you're a Michigan fan, exactly why I said Midwest people and not OSU fans. And exactly why I said you could have your garbage boy Les Miles back.

3. I think these All Star games show alot more than playing against a bunch of kids in high school that won't even see a D3 football field.

critesy
01-14-2010, 11:06 PM
trovon reed said he's locked for sure going to auburn. according to oregon article.

BigJohn98
01-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Terrance Mitchell commits to FSU.

DoWnThEfiElD
01-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Rivals loves overreacting to one week of practice and a game. This years seems worse than previous.

P-L
01-15-2010, 09:32 AM
2. I know you're a Michigan fan, exactly why I said Midwest people and not OSU fans. And exactly why I said you could have your garbage boy Les Miles back.Yeah, but Spencer never seriously considered Michigan. It's not like he was down to LSU and U-M and spurned the Wolverines to go down south. There are ton of mid-west kids that don't stay in the mid-west and I don't accuse all of them of being over-ranked. I am actually glad he went to LSU instead of another Big Ten school. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, I'm just shocked that he moved up so much.

I also find the Les Miles situation hilarious. He's always been a guy who takes too many gambles. When they pay off and it landed LSU a National Championship then he was a God. Suddenly they backfire on him in a few games, and everyone wants to get rid of him. You can't have it both ways. You've got to take the good with the bad. I'd bet that there would be 100+ schools who would take Les Miles as their head coach. Give the guy time. I mean all he's done it won a National Championship just TWO years ago. He's also landed you guys the #7, #4, #11, #2, and (not final yet) #6 recruiting classes.

saintsfan912
01-15-2010, 10:08 AM
The problem with Miles is he has no ability to actually coach those top recruiting classes. The guys don't improve, ever. Patrick Peterson is the only exception, he's just amazing.

By the way, I've NEVER been a Miles supporter. Didn't like the hire when it happened and still don't like it now. People always ask, "Who can they bring in to do better?" Well find a up and coming assistant like Muschamp. Every coach was an assistant at one time or another, thats life. People just don't get it. When you bring in those top recruiting classes and still have the 100+ rated offense in the entire nation, something is wrong. Either Miles has to go or Crowton. And the absolute worst thing about Miles is he was an ex O-Lineman and he can't teach these kids how to fricking block!

JRTPlaya21
01-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Terrance Mitchell to announce soon. Possibly tomorrow. He's all FSU.

Ivan McCartney wants to hear from FSU apparently. I hope we get on him.

Yup Mitchell to FSU.

Stamper
01-15-2010, 12:34 PM
predictions for the top 20 or so not committed?

Sniper
01-15-2010, 12:39 PM
predictions for the top 20 or so not committed?

Seantrel Henderson- Ohio State
Owamagbe Odighizuwa- Oregon
Marcus Lattimore- South Carolina
Jackson Jeffcoat- Texas
Jordan Hicks- Texas
Christian Jones- Florida State
Lache Seastrunk- Oregon
Gabe King- Oregon
J.R Ferguson- Miami
Corey Lemonier- Florida State
Ivan McCartney- Miami
Chaz Green- Florida
Anthony Barr- Notre Dame

That's the remaining uncommitted guys in the Rivals top 50.

murdamal86
01-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Seantrel Henderson- Florida

Fixed http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p276/unstoppable35/scheme.gif

CashmoneyDrew
01-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I still think Tennessee has an excellent shot at Chaz Green.

draftguru151
01-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Apparently Mike Palardy will visit Miami with his parents. Yay.

CashmoneyDrew
01-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Apparently Mike Palardy will visit Miami with his parents. Yay.

Screw you buddy. I'd rather commit suicide than have to sit through another season of watching Daniel Lincoln kick.

Sniper
01-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Fixed http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p276/unstoppable35/scheme.gif

I'd love to see that. As long as it's not OSU...

kwilk103
01-15-2010, 03:57 PM
mccartney=wvu

we could possibly have a top 10 class; sitting at 12 right now

tolnaballa
01-15-2010, 04:16 PM
mccartney=wvu

Honestly, how confident are you in I-Mac going to WVU? There is talk his head coach will be part of the Hurricanes staff next year.

djp
01-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Seantrel Henderson- Ohio State
Owamagbe Odighizuwa- Oregon
Marcus Lattimore- South Carolina
Jackson Jeffcoat- Texas
Jordan Hicks- Texas
Christian Jones- Florida State
Lache Seastrunk- Oregon
Gabe King- Oregon
J.R Ferguson- Miami
Corey Lemonier- Florida State
Ivan McCartney- Miami
Chaz Green- Florida
Anthony Barr- Notre Dame

That's the remaining uncommitted guys in the Rivals top 50.

OO is my #2 overall prospect behind Henderson. I absolutely love that guy. Powell #3.

kwilk103
01-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Honestly, how confident are you in I-Mac going to WVU? There is talk his head coach will be part of the Hurricanes staff next year.

very good

his coach, former wvu player damon cogdell, turned down 2 spots on our team (grad assistant, and an administrative spot)

keylime_5
01-15-2010, 04:36 PM
mccartney=wvu

you gotta hold onto anderson first. people close to the situation say there's a good chance he could commit to another school before signing day (don't ask which one though, no one really knows yet). definitely a "soft verbal" though right now from what they say.

kwilk103
01-15-2010, 04:50 PM
you gotta hold onto anderson first. people close to the situation say there's a good chance he could commit to another school before signing day (don't ask which one though, no one really knows yet). definitely a "soft verbal" though right now from what they say.

hes a mountaineer, let it go

BigJohn98
01-15-2010, 05:00 PM
If we want McCartney, he will be a Nole. It's a matter of numbers for us.

keylime_5
01-15-2010, 05:05 PM
hes a mountaineer, let it go

i'm just telling you what his teammates at glenville said.

critesy
01-15-2010, 05:08 PM
markeith ambles said hes visiting auburn or north carolina this saturday.

wonderbredd24
01-15-2010, 05:09 PM
i'm just telling you what his teammates at glenville said.

I think he's going to West Virginia for a reason.

CashmoneyDrew
01-15-2010, 05:10 PM
markeith ambles said hes visiting auburn or north carolina this saturday.

That's not what I just read over at VN. Says he'll be among the visitors at UT.

Edit: Link:http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/jan/15/ambles-among-prospects-ut-weekend/

critesy
01-15-2010, 05:17 PM
i dunno if this is allowed or if you can even read this but..

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1040277

CashmoneyDrew
01-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Hmmm.... conflicting reports it seems. We'll find out soon enough I guess.

I'm shocked he's still committed to us TBH.

keylime_5
01-15-2010, 05:20 PM
I think he's going to West Virginia for a reason.

glenville people are saying he's "not" going to WVU fwiw. could mean OSU , UNC, or Miami technically. Nothing concrete on his academic situation. I think he could get into OSU, but the chances of not getting into academic trouble at OSU like Rob Rose, Ray Small, and Dareus Hiley did might be the pusher.

critesy
01-15-2010, 06:20 PM
auburn has 14 OV's this weekend so far, maybe more. 11 of them being commited already. the 3 uncommited are jeffery whitaker, trent fisher (jeff fishers son, going to sign as a walk on)

shon coleman and trovon reed are also on the OV's this week so hopefully auburn solidifies them up.

TitanHope
01-15-2010, 06:24 PM
auburn has 14 OV's this weekend so far, maybe more. 11 of them being commited already. the 3 uncommited are jeffery whitaker, trent fisher (jeff fishers son, going to sign as a walk on)

shon coleman and trovon reed are also on the OV's this week so hopefully auburn solidifies them up.

Does Trent Fisher play LB like his big brother Branden, or will he be a DB like his father? That's cool though. Hope he makes the team and does well!

As for Ambles, we're introducing Derek Dooley tonight. The visitors this Saturday will be meeting him then, and Ambles will probably get a phone call tonight. Maybe that situation would be enough incentive to visit Tennessee over another school? But like Voodoo, I thought he decommitted by now.

critesy
01-15-2010, 06:34 PM
fisher is listed as a safety at 6'1 190 i think or something like that. i think he might be a player that walks on and then gets a scholly the next year or two. i hope he does well as well :) haha

and yeah i dunno about ambles. he said AU or UNC for tomorrow, but anything can happen with these kids.

Hines
01-15-2010, 06:38 PM
Penn State will be getting a commit this weekend. They haven't had one in three months.

critesy
01-15-2010, 06:40 PM
im hoping whitaker and fisher announce that they're coming by the end of this weekend.

cdmPSU17
01-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Penn State will be getting a commit this weekend. They haven't had one in three months.

Pullium, right? Thornton would be nice, too.

Hines
01-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Pullium, right? Thornton would be nice, too.

It's Pullium. Thorton and Lattimore are announcing their choices closer to signing day.

P-L
01-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Michigan is expecting to get their second 2011 commitment this weekend.

Mr.KnowItAll
01-15-2010, 07:27 PM

I think it's still up in the air with Sticks, I think he would love playing for his former high school qb at wvu.

BigJohn98
01-15-2010, 08:35 PM
I've read that McCartney doesn't have the grades to get into Miami.

Sniper
01-15-2010, 08:41 PM
Michigan is expecting to get their second 2011 commitment this weekend.

Gotta fill the smurf CB quota.

CashmoneyDrew
01-15-2010, 09:53 PM
Hate to ruin DG's dreams, but Michael Palardy is staying committed to the Vols.

draftguru151
01-15-2010, 10:51 PM
I've read that McCartney doesn't have the grades to get into Miami.

More scores, but yea it's been a concern with him all along, only reason anyone (except WVU fans) had a doubt of him not ending up at Miami. And where are you getting the FSU stuff from? Haven't seen anything about that before and UMs scout guy hasn't heard anything about it.

And Voodoo :( .

BigJohn98
01-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Someone talked to him at the US Army AA game and he said he wanted to hear from us and Eddie Gran called him the other day and Sticks said a potential visit could happen next week. He didn't specify which school he'd visit.

Cicero
01-16-2010, 03:04 AM
2011 recruit Brendon Bigelow committed to Washington after we offered.

roidrunner
01-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Rumor has it that Brandon Gainer from miami will commit to Louisville if they were to offer a scholly. Very interesting.

roidrunner
01-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Louisville got two more commits today. the first was local prospect Dunn who is a DT, he was originally committed to UK but switched to Louisville today, he is a 2011 prospect. The other was Mcclung from Indianapolis, he is a WR.

ToldLikeItIs
01-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Iowa's '11 class will be special.

sbh15
01-16-2010, 08:05 PM
McCartney could end up at UF, but it seems like our academic standards are slightly worse than UM's, which still may not be enough.

TitanHope
01-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Hate to ruin DG's dreams, but Michael Palardy is staying committed to the Vols.

Thank effin' God...

Nooooo more field goal blocks, no mo'! Dooo dooo dooo dooo... /tune of "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang

Sniper
01-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Rich Rodriguez continues to **** over West Virginia. OH DE/LB Davion Rogers de-commits from WVU and commits to Michigan.

sbh15
01-17-2010, 12:28 PM
If we want McCartney, he will be a Nole. It's a matter of numbers for us.

It's not a matter of numbers, you make room for a player like McCartney. It's a matter of if he can qualify for Miami or not.

703SKINS202
01-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Rich Rodriguez continues to **** over West Virginia. OH DE/LB Davion Rogers de-commits from WVU and commits to Michigan.
Chump bastard.

Goober Man
01-17-2010, 01:24 PM

Awesome news...TomVH from MgoBlog also tweeted that we might get another commit today.

My guess is Jake Ryan.

Sniper
01-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Awesome news...TomVH from MgoBlog also tweeted that we might get another commit today.

My guess is Rashad Knight or Jake Ryan.

Another '10 commit? If not, I'm thinking '11 CB Delonte Hollowell.

DoWnThEfiElD
01-17-2010, 01:29 PM

Wish it was Demar Dorsey...

Sniper
01-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Wish it was Demar Dorsey...

I'm not a huge Demar Dorsey fan. I think he's overrated because of his 4.25 40 or whatever it was that he ran at some combine as a junior. He's good, but not great.

DoWnThEfiElD
01-17-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm not a huge Demar Dorsey fan. I think he's overrated because of his 4.25 40 or whatever it was that he ran at some combine as a junior. He's good, but not great.

HAHA 4.25, thats amazingly fake. But yah I hear you, we just need some capable safeties and I would love to add him. I really don't see him switching though.

Goober Man
01-17-2010, 01:53 PM

You were right. Delonte commited. Don't know much about the kid other than hes from the Cass Tech pipeline.

Silver & Blue
01-17-2010, 02:05 PM
You were right. Delonte commited. Don't know much about the kid other than hes from the Cass Tech pipeline.

Heres a Youtube video of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECP-mVL7znI

If the video doesn't work just try and fast forward to the 1:00 mark, because for some reason it freezes up at 0:08 for me.

roidrunner
01-17-2010, 03:13 PM
another commit to lousivlle today, Marcus Smith a Dual threat QB. Seems to fit the system that charlie is putting in. Does anyone know anything about him?

Sniper
01-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Blake Sims re-commits to Alabama.

P-L
01-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Great day for U-M. Win over UConn in basketball, get a 2010 and 2011 commit. Also got news that OH LB Jake Ryan is going to commit later this week after he talks it over with his parents.

Hines
01-17-2010, 05:30 PM
There was an article saying that Marcus Lattimore is going to sign with USCe, but it was very misleading.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20100117/PSPORTS02/100119757/-1/PSPORTS

Who knows at this point. If Joe visits him, it could be Penn State. If not, he isn't going to State College.

TitanHope
01-17-2010, 07:08 PM
DE Jacques Smith reaffirms his commitment to Tennessee, and OL Zach Fulton and JUCO DT John Brown do as well.

Also hearing 4* S Eddrick Lofton would commit to the Vols if offered. He and his family went on an OV yesterday.

P-L
01-17-2010, 07:34 PM
I didn't see it posted, but Stanford decommit Torrain Wilson commits to Louisville.

Sniper
01-17-2010, 07:37 PM
West Virginia lost something like five commits today. Fantastic.

kwilk103
01-17-2010, 07:59 PM
West Virginia lost something like five commits today. Fantastic.

rogers, bell, pickett

bell and pickett might switch back; i mean, they committed to marshall

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Lattimore down to two. SCAR and Auburn.

http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/football/story/1115093.html

Sniper
01-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Marshall got something like seven commits today.

Hines
01-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Lattimore down to two. SCAR and Auburn.

http://www.thestate.com/gogamecocks/football/story/1115093.html

Meh. Two top kids who I really liked aren't coming to Penn State. I wish him luck at either one. I'll be cheering for him.

Looks like Savon Huggins will be our top RB target next season and I am not complaining.

Hopefully Michael Thorton commits soon.

kwilk103
01-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Marshall got something like seven commits today.

dirty doc holliday + marshall=probation

Hines
01-17-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't know if you mean a good dirty or not, but you weren't calling him that when he was at WV.

Sniper
01-17-2010, 08:14 PM
dirty doc holliday + marshall=probation

It truly is amazing how fast you get off someone's nuts after they leave WVU. I mean, when Holliday was hired, you couldn't shut the **** up about him. Now, he's "dirty".

kwilk103
01-17-2010, 08:17 PM
It truly is amazing how fast you get off someone's nuts after they leave WVU. I mean, when Holliday was hired, you couldn't shut the **** up about him. Now, he's "dirty".

hes always been dirty; just liked it when he was at wvu :)

hes gonna get the fla kids that cant qualify anywhere else (can take props): see robinson the safety from sta

hes gonna get the troublemakers that no one else wants; see the chisolm kid from glades that pulled a knife on a security guard

BigJohn98
01-17-2010, 08:46 PM
J.R. Ferguson will officially visit FSU next weekend. That's huge.

Notredameleo
01-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Torrian Wilson, a 4 star OL commits to Louisville. Charlie is on fire.

703SKINS202
01-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Pickett and Bell I could care less about but I would have liked to keep Rogers for sure.

M.O.T.H.
01-17-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm actually really confident in Lattimore going to SCAR now. haha. It's a day to day thing but, it's looking likely.

Personally, I think he'd be a little crazy to go our school because, of our horrible line but hey, dont tell him I said that. :D

At least we recruited the hell out of O-Line this year.

Well anyway, if we get him, hopefully he doesnt end up like Demetris Summers, who many believed would be a better player than Reggie Bush. Luckily, we dont have to worry about the character problems with Lattimore.

roidrunner
01-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Louisville gets another 4 star commit Torrian Wilson OL, from Miami Northwestern.

Love the pick up, he will definitely help fix our OL problems

Hines
01-18-2010, 12:16 AM
I lied. It looks like Shyquawn Pullium won't commit this weekend. He seems like he doesn't have the scores to qualify at Penn State and might need to prep. I liked him a lot.

critesy
01-18-2010, 12:42 AM
i think i read somewhere that eric mack is all Scar now too, my dreams are slowly being crushed come signing day :(

thornton said he dropped auburn as well.

Hines
01-18-2010, 12:46 AM
i think i read somewhere that eric mack is all Scar now too, my dreams are slowly being crushed come signing day :(

thornton said he dropped auburn as well.

Because Thorton is coming to PSU.

roidrunner
01-18-2010, 11:17 AM
louisville just picked up Clint Hurtt the LB coach and Recruiting coordinator for the university of Miami. He will take the same position at Louisville. I wonder if he can pull any Miami recruits with him.

draftguru151
01-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Hurtt was told to find a new job, none of the cane commits are going with him.

roidrunner
01-18-2010, 01:01 PM
ok, cause i heard rumors that him and Shannon did not see eye to eye.

HindSight
01-18-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm confused about something. A while back a great recruiting mind and all around football genius told me that AJ Derby was going to be the #1 rated QB of this class, a 5 star, and a top 50 recruit. Are there 2 AJ Derby QBs headed to Iowa? Because here's what I found for at least one of them.

Scout
34th best QB, 3 star, 498th ranked overall

Rivals
19th best ATH, 4 star, 181st ranked overall

But hey.....at least you called it that somebody with a brother on the team who grew up in Iowa City would actually go to Iowa. Solid prediction there. Nobody saw that coming.

iowatreat54
01-18-2010, 01:47 PM
You make a valid point, but really you are getting just as bad as Told in randomly trolling. You make way too many posts out of the blue just to criticize the guy. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but at least do it when he says something not just because you have nothing to do.

bearsfan_51
01-18-2010, 01:50 PM
He did say something, like 50 times, about how great Derby is. For someone who constantly expresses how right they are, he either deserves to be ignored or called out when he's wrong.

P-L
01-18-2010, 01:51 PM
U-M gets their 25th commit in OH LB Jake Ryan.

draftguru151
01-18-2010, 01:56 PM
ok, cause i heard rumors that him and Shannon did not see eye to eye.

There was some recruiting issues with Hurtt but the main reason he is gone is because he isn't a very good coach.

HindSight
01-18-2010, 01:57 PM
You make a valid point, but really you are getting just as bad as Told in randomly trolling. You make way too many posts out of the blue just to criticize the guy. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but at least do it when he says something not just because you have nothing to do.
When was the last time I brought something up out of the blue?

iowatreat54
01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
When was the last time I brought something up out of the blue?

I really don't feel like going through all your posts, but I would bet a good part of your posts are bashing Told.

Again, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve ti most of the time, but I don't see how ragging on one person for over a year or multiple years in some cases is fun. Wouldn't it get a little stale making fun of someone for the same thing over and over and over and over?

Like bf51 said, he should get called out sometimes, but at some point wouldn't you just learn to ignore him. And if he's really that bad all the time, someone else will come along and call him out. It's not like it will go unnoticed. I mean if people really enjoy ripping on one person so much that they can't do without it, it's pretty sad.

ToldLikeItIs
01-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Treat is a 100% perfect poster, always.

iowatreat54
01-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Treat is a 100% perfect poster, always.

Lol that's a little much, no one is that good. But I appreciate it. I guess I just grow tired of the same antics going on every other day. It gets real old real fast.

As for recruiting, what do any of you Michigan guys(or anyone else) think of 2011 RB Justice Hayes? He was at Iowa's Junior Day this weekend and said that he has Iowa near his top, but it's still early. His cousin is also going to be playing basketball for Iowa next year and his uncle was an Iowa basketball star in the 80s, so that might help us.

ToldLikeItIs
01-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Ok.

Justice Hayes = Hawk.

HindSight
01-18-2010, 02:25 PM
I really don't feel like going through all your posts, but I would bet a good part of your posts are bashing Told.

Again, I'm not saying he doesn't deserve ti most of the time, but I don't see how ragging on one person for over a year or multiple years in some cases is fun. Wouldn't it get a little stale making fun of someone for the same thing over and over and over and over?

Like bf51 said, he should get called out sometimes, but at some point wouldn't you just learn to ignore him. And if he's really that bad all the time, someone else will come along and call him out. It's not like it will go unnoticed. I mean if people really enjoy ripping on one person so much that they can't do without it, it's pretty sad.
You would lose money on that bet.

P-L
01-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Lol that's a little much, no one is that good. But I appreciate it. I guess I just grow tired of the same antics going on every other day. It gets real old real fast.

As for recruiting, what do any of you Michigan guys(or anyone else) think of 2011 RB Justice Hayes? He was at Iowa's Junior Day this weekend and said that he has Iowa near his top, but it's still early. His cousin is also going to be playing basketball for Iowa next year and his uncle was an Iowa basketball star in the 80s, so that might help us.
Hayes is probably going to be a top five instate player next year. Although 2011 looks like it will be pretty weak overall, he appears to be a pretty solid prospect. He grew a Spartan fan, but he is a lot more wide open now that Michigan State RB coach Dan Enos took the Central Michigan job.

Hines
01-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Hayes is probably going to be a top five instate player next year. Although 2011 looks like it will be pretty weak overall, he appears to be a pretty solid prospect. He grew a Spartan fan, but he is a lot more wide open now that Michigan State RB coach Dan Enos took the Central Michigan job.

As long as Lawrence Thomas comes to Penn State, I'll be happy. You hear anything on him?

P-L
01-18-2010, 03:15 PM
As long as Lawrence Thomas comes to Penn State, I'll be happy. You hear anything on him?
He's not going to Penn State. Michigan State has a HUGE lead over everyone else. I wouldn't call him a lock, but it's going to take A LOT to keep him from Michigan State.

Hines
01-18-2010, 03:17 PM
He's not going to Penn State. Michigan State has a HUGE lead over everyone else. I wouldn't call him a lock, but it's going to take A LOT to keep him from Michigan State.

I wished he'd go to Penn State.

iowatreat54
01-18-2010, 03:20 PM

Thanks, good to know he should be one of the more talented players from Michigan. So would you say Sparty is the biggest competition seemingly/at the moment, or is Michigan or another school (OSU?/someone else) going after him as well?

Sniper
01-18-2010, 03:53 PM

Renaissance = not Michigan, probably Michigan State.

P-L
01-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Thanks, good to know he should be one of the more talented players from Michigan. So would you say Sparty is the biggest competition seemingly/at the moment, or is Michigan or another school (OSU?/someone else) going after him as well?
It's still early. Michigan State and Northwestern have been recruiting him the hardest. Cincinnati has also offered. Michigan and Ohio State have been showing interest but neither have indicted an intention to offer (that's not to say they won't). If he has a senior year as good as his junior year, I imagine most of the Big Ten will be in on him.

Sniper
01-18-2010, 03:58 PM
He said he probably wants to play in a pro-style offense.

703SKINS202
01-18-2010, 05:30 PM
WVU loses another recruit Darius Millines to MU. Doc is stealing our guys, this one is a big blow.

M.O.T.H.
01-18-2010, 07:36 PM
And now today I feel a little sad...because, Lattimore says Auburn has a slight lead. Sigh. Confidence wavers once again. dammit.

kwilk103
01-18-2010, 07:38 PM
WVU loses another recruit Darius Millines to MU. Doc is stealing our guys, this one is a big blow.

i doubt they all stick

from a new josh lovell article on rivals

"I'll be going to Marshall next weekend," Lovell said. "Doc Holliday wasn't going to be there and he wanted to make sure that he was able to see me. He's going to be there the next couple of weekends, so I'll be able to meet with him."

how does he get them to believe this stuff? not to mention they dont even have a dc yet

will be interesting to see how he does in recruiting next year with a pathetic recruiting budget (200k compared to 1 mil at wvu)

critesy
01-18-2010, 07:44 PM
And now today I feel a little sad...because, Lattimore says Auburn has a slight lead. Sigh. Confidence wavers once again. dammit.

i never thought of lattimore as a back and forth kind of person, playing "games" sorta speak.

M.O.T.H.
01-18-2010, 07:47 PM
He is, though. He was taking Penn State for a ride. Threw off a bunch of experts on the subject. I dont know what to believe. Just gotta wait, I guess.

Hines
01-18-2010, 08:20 PM

At least he didn't eliminate you all together.

This is the third time Penn State has struck out on top 10 talent. 2008 in Pryor, 2009 in Jenkins, and this year with Lattimore. Sigh.

P-L
01-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Yeah, like Penn State actually had a chance with Pryor...

Hines
01-18-2010, 08:58 PM

Well no, but I am sure you know what I mean.

superman8456
01-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Wait, whats the deal with Lattimore?

When/why did he eliminate PSU?

M.O.T.H.
01-18-2010, 09:03 PM

Lattimore eliminated PSU and Oregon yesterday. So it's SCAR or Auburn now. And apparently, Auburn has a slight edge at the moment.

Hines
01-18-2010, 09:19 PM
Lattimore eliminated PSU and Oregon yesterday. So it's SCAR or Auburn now. And apparently, Auburn has a slight edge at the moment.

I guess there are rumors that Penn State could be back in the mix. I doubt it, but let me confirm.

critesy
01-19-2010, 12:00 AM

i think its cause he wants to stay close to home near family and etc.

HindSight
01-19-2010, 09:30 AM
They didn't have a chance with any of them...

Hines
01-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Wow, the info on Shyquan Pullium was false and he's expected to commit to Penn State in the next week.

Hines
01-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Michigan fans, is Delonte Hollowell really only 125 pounds?

Edit: Nevermind.

Darksider
01-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Justin Hunter decommits from LSU. Is looking at UVA and UT.

**** ME.

DiG
01-19-2010, 01:26 PM
BIG time verbal commitment for WVU today with Letwan Anderson. The guy might have some serious character issues but he is a daaaaaamn good DB. It will be interesting to see if they play him at CB or S.

Hines
01-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Did Anderson solidfy his commitment or what? Because I know he was looking around the day he commited to WV at the AAAG.

DiG
01-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Did Anderson solidfy his commitment or what? Because I know he was looking around the day he commited to WV at the AAAG.

My friend was telling me he heard something today but I will have to find out from him where.

keylime_5
01-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Anderson is a better fit at safety IMO. Very short (only 5'8.5"), but he has zero experience covering a receiver like a corner does. He could play some offense too.

Also, it looks like Ohio State is getting in on Morgan Moses (who they say would've came to OSU last year if he didn't have grade issues keeping him from having a committable offer). Virginia was his verbal last year, but they have a new coaching staff.

redbills
01-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Anderson is a better fit at safety IMO. Very short (only 5'8.5"), but he has zero experience covering a receiver like a corner does. He could play some offense too.

Also, it looks like Ohio State is getting in on Morgan Moses (who they say would've came to OSU last year if he didn't have grade issues keeping him from having a committable offer). Virginia was his verbal last year, but they have a new coaching staff.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Morgan-Moses-75489

said he has signed LOI

M.O.T.H.
01-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Moses has been signed up for a while. But he's still looking around. SCAR has been considered a favorite to land his services if he jumps.

HindSight
01-19-2010, 03:27 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Morgan-Moses-75489

said he has signed LOI
he signed last year, but ended up at Fork Union. you're only ever allowed to sign one LOI.

redbills
01-19-2010, 03:48 PM
gottcha, thanks

keylime_5
01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Same deal as Carlos Hyde. His obligation to play at UVA is void since he didn't qualify and went to prep school. He can sign anywhere he wants. Hyde stuck with his initial plan and chose OSU, who also decided to honor their scholarship offer even though they didn't have to.

TitanHope
01-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Justin Hunter decommits from LSU. Is looking at UVA and UT.

**** ME.

He really likes Derek Dooley, I'm hearing. Hopefully he chooses UT, since it's very possible that Ambles and Kenbrell Thompkins go elsewhere.

Location may factor in as well.

critesy
01-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Scar commit eric mack (rated by Rivals.com as the No. 6 offensive guard) decommits from them.

saying it now, eric mack and marcus lattimore to auburn.

M.O.T.H.
01-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Mack always did scare me...the kid is a major flip flopper. He is just a kid, so I'm not going to be hard on him. But he did SCAR dirty. ugh. Just two days ago he said he was all Gamecocks. :/

critesy
01-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Mack always did scare me...the kid is a major flip flopper. He is just a kid, so I'm not going to be hard on him. But he did SCAR dirty. ugh. Just two days ago he said he was all Gamecocks. :/

i saw that too, broke my heart too cause he was showin little hints that he was going to come here. i thought for sure he was going to stay SCAR cause he has a kid and such in south carolina.

M.O.T.H.
01-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Yeah it sucks. But whatever, just gotta move on. Could have some negative effects regarding Lattimore and Moses, though. sigh.

In other bad news...Ace Sanders likes USF again, after the Skip Holtz hiring. We're striking out here.

sbh15
01-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Yeah it sucks. But whatever, just gotta move on. Could have some negative effects regarding Lattimore and Moses, though. sigh.

In other bad news...Ace Sanders likes USF again, after the Skip Holtz hiring. We're striking out here.

Well don't feel too bad, as Sanders is a Gator if we ever give him a commitable offer, which I think we will as we start to miss on some of the others on our remaining board. In the end, if he signs with us, looking back there was nothing to do about it because I don't think there's any way he'd turn us down.

Darksider
01-19-2010, 10:43 PM
He really likes Derek Dooley, I'm hearing. Hopefully he chooses UT, since it's very possible that Ambles and Kenbrell Thompkins go elsewhere.

Location may factor in as well.

Ambles is high on LSU and Billy G spent upwards of 18 hours with him yesterday and i'm hearing his decommitment is official. I'd swap those two in a heartbeat.

Also now Cassius Marsh is officially wavering.

WTF is going on.

saintsfan912
01-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Ambles is high on LSU and Billy G spent upwards of 18 hours with him yesterday and i'm hearing his decommitment is official. I'd swap those two in a heartbeat.

WTF is going on.

The last 2 sub par seasons are finally catching up.

Darksider
01-19-2010, 11:27 PM
The last 2 sub par seasons are finally catching up.

goddamn Gary Crowton

Hunter officially a vol...

Sniper
01-20-2010, 12:06 AM
Dillon Baxter is sticking with USC.

kwilk103
01-20-2010, 12:45 AM
ambles is supposed to visit wvu this weekend

slightlyaraiderfan
01-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Dillon Baxter is sticking with USC.
He's enrolling next week. Prater started he college life this week, these two kids are gonna be huge.

YAYareaRB
01-20-2010, 02:41 AM
Jim Thorpe Award for the next 4 years goes to Alec Ogletree

metafour
01-20-2010, 06:21 AM
Just two days ago he said he was all Gamecocks. :/

He didn't say a thing.

Kornblutt ran an article claiming that Mack was "100% USC". The article didn't even have a single quote from Mack making that statement.

In-state pressure is the only reason why Mack was committed to South Carolina for so long. Its also why everyone seems to think Lattimore is some USC lock when this Mack situation should change your perspective a bit there.

critesy
01-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Corey lemoiner said he knows where he's going, and he knew about 2 weeks ago. Going to announce on nsd. Between fsu, Miami and auburn.

TitanHope
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM

WTF is going on.

Hunter is a HUGE pick up for Dooley, and in less than a week to boot. If ya'll go hard after Ambles, then I don't see why he wouldn't go with ya'll.

With Matt Milton (6'6) and Justin Hunter (6'4), the Vols have a tall WR corps for the future!

critesy
01-20-2010, 01:16 PM
eric mack commited to auburnnn.

Darksider
01-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Hunter is a HUGE pick up for Dooley, and in less than a week to boot. If ya'll go hard after Ambles, then I don't see why he wouldn't go with ya'll.

With Matt Milton (6'6) and Justin Hunter (6'4), the Vols have a tall WR corps for the future!

fwiw word on a premium board is Hunter was going to be Kiffin's NSD surprise (like he did with Janzen Jackson) and because Dooley isn't a complete tool and douche like Kiffin found out and got Hunter to commit earlier.

roidrunner
01-20-2010, 02:30 PM
WVu commit Barry Brunetti has set up a visit to louisville this up coming weekend.

Its very interesting to see Charlie going after a WVU commit. Even though he seems to be a perfect fit for our new offensive system.

bearsfan_51
01-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Earnest Thomas visiting Minnesota this weekend. He must not know he's going to commit to Penn State.

Hines
01-20-2010, 03:48 PM
What makes you say he's going to commit to Penn State?

bearsfan_51
01-20-2010, 03:50 PM
The fact that you've said it on numerous occasions.

Hines
01-20-2010, 03:57 PM
The fact that you've said it on numerous occasions.

I don't remember saying Earnest Thomas. I do remember saying Shyquawn Pullium.

TitanHope
01-20-2010, 04:03 PM
fwiw word on a premium board is Hunter was going to be Kiffin's NSD surprise (like he did with Janzen Jackson) and because Dooley isn't a complete tool and douche like Kiffin found out and got Hunter to commit earlier.

Dang, didn't know that. Would've been a dick move, but a WR corps of Markeith Ambles, Justin Hunter, Matt Milton, and JUCO Kenbrell Thompkins would've been insane.

May not've just been a character move by Dooley, but it also keeps Vols spirits high and helps him build more momentum after getting current commits to stay and then still pulling other guys in.

SickwithIt1010
01-20-2010, 10:20 PM
He's enrolling next week. Prater started he college life this week, these two kids are gonna be huge.

Both guys are going to be huge players for us for the next couple years, too bad Robert Woods couldnt enroll early as well.

Darksider
01-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Hearing Kelcy Quarles is going to pull the switch to LSU

mat33
01-20-2010, 11:27 PM
I'm hearing a lot of Christian Jones to ND talk, anyone know if there is any substance to this, I thought he was a FSU lock.

M.O.T.H.
01-20-2010, 11:32 PM
Hearing Kelcy Quarles is going to pull the switch to LSU

I havent heard anything, he said he was def. coming to SCAR a few days ago.

sbh15
01-20-2010, 11:36 PM
I'm hearing a lot of Christian Jones to ND talk, anyone know if there is any substance to this, I thought he was a FSU lock.

Remember who told you that? They lost all credibility on recruiting info.

I'd put the percentages at:

90% - Florida St.
6% - Miami
3% - Florida (only even on the list if we get the visit that we're supposed to)
1% - Everyone else

bearsfan_51
01-21-2010, 02:04 AM
From Iowa's Rivals site:

A week built with excitement over Iowa Coach Kirk Ferentz visiting the Class of 2010's top prospect turned to disappointment on Wednesday. Hawkeye Insider learned from Seantrel Henderson's father, Sean, that the Hawkeyes decided to decline in-home meetings with the family.
I wonder if he asked Told's permission first.

bwillie26
01-21-2010, 02:57 AM
Lots and lots of rumors that Owa Odighizuwa will commit during Nebraska's in-home visit tonight.

Odighizuwa playing under Pelini? Be still my heart.

JRTPlaya21
01-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Seastrunk will pick on the 27th between AU, LSU, USC, Oregon & Memphis...

JRTPlaya21
01-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Anthony Barr may decide on ND or UCLA this weekend.

cdub11
01-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Mack and Muschamp had In Home Visit with Jeffcoat last night

cdub11
01-21-2010, 08:44 AM

hearing a lot of rumors about Baylor as one of his favorites

HindSight
01-21-2010, 08:55 AM
From Iowa's Rivals site:

I wonder if he asked Told's permission first.
He would have gone to Iowa but Iowa decided to pass on him. Duh.

CashmoneyDrew
01-21-2010, 09:13 AM
Seastrunk to Memphis! hahaha

Darksider
01-21-2010, 09:16 AM

Oregon imo.

BigJohn98
01-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Pretty sure Seantrel's a Hawk.

You sure about that?

P-L
01-21-2010, 09:59 AM
Why do you decline an in-home visit with the second best player in the country?

Hines
01-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Why do you decline an in-home visit with the second best player in the country?

Because Iowa only likes under the radar guys. **** the top prospects.

ToldLikeItIs
01-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Seantrel had a basketball game that night.

Hines
01-21-2010, 10:30 AM
The excuses are starting from Told now.

steelernation77
01-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Most of you guys have gotten just as bad as Told. Bearsfan, is there really so little to be happy about in Dinkytown that you're surfing the Iowa Scout site (Hawkeyereport is Rivals) wetting yourself at the chance to post something bad about Iowa on this website? How's losing yet another coach working for Gopher recruiting?

ToldLikeItIs
01-21-2010, 10:40 AM
No excuse. That's why he didn't go.

BigJohn98
01-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Seantrel had a basketball game that night.

Or maybe the second best player in the country doesn't want to go to Iowa.

ToldLikeItIs
01-21-2010, 11:08 AM
You know who likes Iowa, and the way we run our program, a lot, Big John, so much that he spent three weeks over the summer in Iowa City?

BigJohn98
01-21-2010, 11:18 AM
I guess that automatically means he's an Iowa lock then.

I guess I should have considered Chris Dunkley an FSU lock since he spent a week at FSU over the summer.

ToldLikeItIs
01-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm talking about Dicky Trickett bud.

yo123
01-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Most of you guys have gotten just as bad as Told. Bearsfan, is there really so little to be happy about in Dinkytown that you're surfing the Iowa Scout site (Hawkeyereport is Rivals) wetting yourself at the chance to post something bad about Iowa on this website? How's losing yet another coach working for Gopher recruiting?

What coach did we lose? And if there is a fan as outspoken and homerish about the #2 player in the country you're sure as hell going to let them hear about it if it doesn't happen?

But yeah go ahead with your pathetic attempts to turn it around on our team when no one was talking about them.

iowatreat54
01-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Minnesota just lost their OC...

And I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Ferentz just realized Henderson was going elsewhere and decided to cut his losses to spend time elsewhere. I could be wrong, I have no knowledge of the situation, but that's just my guess and it would make sense.

BigJohn98
01-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Minnesota just lost their OC...

And I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Ferentz just realized Henderson was going elsewhere and decided to cut his losses to spend time elsewhere. I could be wrong, I have no knowledge of the situation, but that's just my guess and it would make sense.

Don't tell that to Told.

BamaFalcon59
01-21-2010, 12:45 PM
WR James Louis looks like he may be heading in the direction of Virginia Tech..

He's likely to not stick with Ohio State, and Florida might not even want him. Even if they do, they made it clear he is a backup option.

His highschool quarterback (2011 QB Mark Leal) and a former teamate (2010 CB Jayron Hosley) also are Hokies.

Would give us seven four star players, not a bad haul at all.

DE Kareem Martin is also set to decide between us and North Carolina. I'm feeling North Carolina.

Sniper
01-21-2010, 12:46 PM
WR James Louis looks like he may be heading in the direction of Virginia Tech..

He's likely to not stick with Ohio State, and Florida might not even want him. Even if they do, they made it clear he is a backup option.

His highschool quarterback (2011 QB Mark Leal) and a former teamate (2010 CB Jayron Hosley) also are Hokies.

There was an article (I think today) that said Louis is sticking with OSU.

BamaFalcon59
01-21-2010, 12:49 PM
There was an article (I think today) that said Louis is sticking with OSU.

There is also an article, just today, saying that Louis is visiting us, and that Coach Wiles just visited him.

And Leal said that Louis has a few reasons why he is unsure of his committment.

But you may be right.

HindSight
01-21-2010, 01:08 PM
The same news was posted on the OSU board I visit.....and I'm sure it was posted in several other places as well.

You can stop with the 'leave Told alone!' posts. He brings this crap on himself. Actually....I'd argue that he wants these posts attacking him because he's a huge attention *****. Either way, just because the biggest douche on the board roots for the same team you do, that doesn't mean we have to stop ripping his stupid "predictions" when they inevitably end up being incorrect.

ToldLikeItIs
01-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Hindsight, you're starting to get a little weird.

That's what happened with Henderson.

Anyone from Ohio know a little something about S Anthony Hitchens?

HindSight
01-21-2010, 01:48 PM
"That's what happened with Henderson."

What's "That"?

ToldLikeItIs
01-21-2010, 01:52 PM
He had a basketball game. Kirk didn't go because of that. His father, Sean, rubbed Kirk the wrong way as well. See: Tyler Harrell. That's another story, however.

CLong4Heisman
01-21-2010, 01:56 PM
He had a basketball game. Kirk didn't go because of that. His father, Sean, rubbed Kirk the wrong way as well. See: Tyler Harrell. That's another story, however.

That's what "that's" mean.

HindSight
01-21-2010, 02:00 PM
So Iowa didn't go to an in-home because he had a basketball game? Some questions pop up from that....

1. Why didn't they know he had a basketball game?
2. Why can't he go do the in-home after the game?
3. If it was just a simple mixup of differing schedules...why is Iowa now out of it? They can't go a different day?
4. Iowa admits all kinds of characters (like any other school), but they're not going to take the #1/2 player in the country because they don't like the father of the recruit?

keylime_5
01-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Louis' coach said that Louis visited Florida b/c they kept calling him and after visiting he eliminated them, and that the only school that visits him anymore is Ohio State; that all the other visits they get are for their juniors. He was rumored to visit some other schools like Va Tech, but he indicated at the UA game that his mother wanted him to take visits. Now that he's "eliminated" FLorida, there's no doubt he won't be switching his verbal this year, he's a done deal.

keylime_5
01-21-2010, 03:04 PM
speaking of which, that new article on scout about Henderson sounds like they (his father esp.) were looking for every excuse to go to USC. It sounds like with Carroll leaving that threw a wrench in their plans and ticked them off a little, and now they're saying they're gonna look at things other than who the coach is.

Hines
01-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Dyjaun Lewis commits to Cincy.

ToldLikeItIs
01-21-2010, 03:06 PM
We aren't exactly hurting for OL.

BamaFalcon59
01-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Louis' coach said that Louis visited Florida b/c they kept calling him and after visiting he eliminated them, and that the only school that visits him anymore is Ohio State; that all the other visits they get are for their juniors. He was rumored to visit some other schools like Va Tech, but he indicated at the UA game that his mother wanted him to take visits. Now that he's "eliminated" FLorida, there's no doubt he won't be switching his verbal this year, he's a done deal.

Not even close to what we are hearing.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2010, 03:31 PM
It was posted on a Gophers site, and so far we haven't lost any recruits because Fisch left, but we'll see. Calm down and stop being such a baby.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Anyway, it's clear they didn't do an in-home because Ferentz doesn't want to waste time before signing day on a recruit he doesn't think he can get, and he's absolutely correct. It's only noteworthy because Told (and maybe other Iowa fans, no idea) have been clammoring about what a great shot they have. Apparently your hero disagrees.

keylime_5
01-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Not even close to what we are hearing.

all i'm hearing is that he's gonna visit Va Tech at the end of the month and the rivals VT guy is giddy about it, but I really don't expect much to come of it. The rumors about Louis switching his verbal have been going on for many months. He is tight with Keith Byars, and he might take a visit to UNC as well. His mom wants him to take visits and Tressel encourages his recruits to visit everywhere to be sure they want to be Buckeyes.

bearsfan_51
01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Speaking of Iowa reactions, here is a fun one:

http://iowahawkeyesblog.com/wordpress/2010/01/20/seantrel-henderson-not-likely-to-sign-with-iowa-hawkeyes/

Yeah, I'm sure they were the ones that decided they didn't Seantrel because they "didn't want the attention of having the nation's #1 recruit."

That does sound terrible.

HindSight
01-21-2010, 03:42 PM
We aren't exactly hurting for OL.
That's not really relevant at all.....nor does it answer my questions.

big surprise there, Told ducks questions.

ToldLikeItIs
01-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Entirely relevant. We've signed two LT this class already. McaVoy twins and Victor Nelson in 2011.

I don't agree with the stated link BF. Attention is good, but I do know Ferentz isn't going to compromise his values for a player, any player.

HindSight
01-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Are you going to answer my questions or not?

It's not relevant at all to the discussion that you called Seantrel Henderson to Iowa twice. You're still on the hook for that......Iowa's depth at OL doesn't excuse you from your stupidity.