PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Jonny
02-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Ego is wide open but I the feeling I get is he wants to stay on the east coast. I've seen him connected with us, PSU, Rutgers, BC and UF.

Where? The feeling up here is that he's all SEC or Miami/FSU.

sbh15
02-10-2009, 05:24 PM
I can't wait until Trey Burton gets on campus. He's sick.

JRTPlaya21
02-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Case McCoy to Texas

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3896330

cdub11
02-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Texas offered OL Jake Matthews today.

sbh15
02-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Case McCoy to Texas

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3896330

What a shocker! lol.

JoeyJr09
02-10-2009, 08:38 PM
What a shocker! lol.

Shouldn't be.

cdub posted that like 2-3 times this week already.

cdub11
02-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Shouldn't be.

just once joey :)

I wanted Texas to get Connor Wood over Case but may end up with both

sbh15
02-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Shouldn't be.

I was joking, isn't he Colt's brother?

It seems only fitting that he'd follow.

JoeyJr09
02-10-2009, 09:22 PM

I know you were joking.

So was I.

sbh15
02-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I know you were joking.

So was I.

Ah ok.

Internet makes it hard to pick up.

Sniper
02-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Best recruit in the nation? This guy!

http://i42.tinypic.com/5ofokk.jpg

:D

keylime_5
02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
he sure doesn't dress like it :p

Sniper
02-10-2009, 09:31 PM
he sure doesn't dress like it :p

So tastefully decorated in Maize and Blue...'tis a beautiful thing.

By the way, LaTwan Anderson...Does UM have a shot? Apparently he just found out he's related to Marlin Jackson. Why hasn't OSU offered yet?

JoeyJr09
02-10-2009, 09:33 PM

Needs to become the best in FLA before he can be the best in the nation. ;)

Marino13
02-10-2009, 09:34 PM
So tastefully decorated in Maize and Blue...'tis a beautiful thing.

By the way, LaTwan Anderson...Does UM have a shot? Apparently he just found out he's related to Marlin Jackson. Why hasn't OSU offered yet?

from what I've read, he's very excited by Michigan not just because he's related to Marlin Jackson, but he's got another relative that played alongside guys like Ty Law in the early-mid 90's.

I do know that Jerald Robinson has been going hard after Anderson since committing to Michigan.

Sniper
02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Needs to become the best in FLA before he can be the best in the nation. ;)

Lies! He already is the best in Florida! I just hope he doesn't skip college entirely and grace the NFL with his awesomeness this year. He'll be the NFL's first ever 85 TD in one season man.

What an insanely awesome WR corps Rodriguez has landed this year. So much for that "no good WRs are going to want to go to Michigan" ********.

Sniper
02-10-2009, 09:36 PM
from what I've read, he's very excited by Michigan not just because he's related to Marlin Jackson, but he's got another relative that played alongside guys like Ty Law in the early-mid 90's.

I do know that Jerald Robinson has been going hard after Anderson since committing to Michigan.

Oh Marino, you're always good for a random but awesome post. I love LaTwan's film. If UM could land Anderson and Robinson for the safety spots, no receivers would ever go across the middle. Ever.

keylime_5
02-10-2009, 09:40 PM
By the way, LaTwan Anderson...Does UM have a shot? Apparently he just found out he's related to Marlin Jackson.

Well yeah, in fact they probably lead right now b/c Ohio State hasn't offered yet. If we offer then we will be the favorites, but michigan has a small chance there. It doesn't help either that we need 2 safeties in this class so the depth chart is favorable here.

Why hasn't OSU offered yet?

Well we only have 12 offers out: JT Moore, Jamel Turner, Darryl Baldwin, Andrew Norwell, Matt James, Scott McVey, Nick Montana, Spencer Ware, Tai-ler Jones, Jordan Hicks, Seantrel Henderson, and Corey Brown. Lots of offers to go out, guys like Anderson, Alex Smith, Christian Bryant, and Ken Wilkins could be in the next batch. It's only february, lots of teams are just now getting junior film of the 2010 prospects and they have to evaluate a whole mess of film they're just getting. I think Anderson will be offered sometime before long. They won't wait any longer than spring I don't think before we find out if he will be offered.

Sniper
02-10-2009, 09:41 PM
I was surprised OSU offered Nick Montana ahead of Devin Gardner. Not that I've seen Montana's film, but I know almost everyone in Buckeyeland wanted to see Gardner get an immediate offer.

Sniper
02-10-2009, 09:42 PM
By the way people, click the link in my sig and vote! Preferably for Michigan. I have Charles Woodson!

Oh, and for all the U guys, Ken Dorsey is my QB! Win!

cdub11
02-10-2009, 09:49 PM
By the way people, click the link in my sig and vote! Preferably for Michigan. I have Charles Woodson!

Oh, and for all the U guys, Ken Dorsey is my QB! Win!

LSU has Kellen Winslow Jr. and Ted Hendricks :D

BamaFalcon59
02-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Ken Dorsey over Michael Vick. Tis laughable!

Sniper
02-10-2009, 09:53 PM
LSU has Kellen Winslow Jr. and Ted Hendricks :D

Do either have a 95% winning percentage as a starting QB? Didn't think so! ;)

cdub11
02-10-2009, 09:53 PM

LOL had to make my case!

Sniper
02-10-2009, 09:54 PM

I wanted a pro-style offense, not an offense where everyone watches the QB run around.

BamaFalcon59
02-10-2009, 09:55 PM

22-2 (92%) and way better.

Not shabby.

BamaFalcon59
02-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I wanted a pro-style offense, not an offense where everyone watches the QB run around.

Err, it works when he runs a 4.2 and moves like Berry Sanders.

Sniper
02-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Anyways, vote vote vote!

BRAVEHEART
02-10-2009, 09:59 PM

How many years did Vick play in college?

Sniper
02-10-2009, 10:00 PM

Hey, Braveheart, I've got Dwayne Jarrett, Ronnie Lott and Tony Boselli! :D

BamaFalcon59
02-10-2009, 10:01 PM
I voted Florida.

Tim Tebow, Bo Jackson, Adrian Peterson, Reggie Bush, Randy Moss, and Fred Biletnicoff.

You can not be serious.

Mean Joe Green and Lawrence Taylor on defense.

Joe Green wasn't too known in college due to playing at such a small school (West Texas? Whatever the mean Green are), but that's just a nasty defense.

P-L
02-10-2009, 10:03 PM

He's certainly the best recruiter in the nation. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

BRAVEHEART
02-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey, Braveheart, I've got Dwayne Jarrett, Ronnie Lott and Tony Boselli! :D

Good pitch, but I'm gonna have to sign somewhere else coach. Thanks for recruiting me.;)

BamaFalcon59
02-10-2009, 10:13 PM

Two.

But he is a prime example of a player who went beastmode constantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQsB22tnz2k&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzqXoEODYX8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znubTspM440&feature=related

Amazing he was.

keylime_5
02-10-2009, 10:16 PM
I noticed your sig quote, PL. If one team offered me and the other didn't, I'd say the team that offered would make me feel more welcome too. One of our insiders who is from Canton says Robinson is gonna play early at UM, and that Jerald expects that too.
I think Ohio State is "going national" for WRs this year, aiming high which explains why a quality instate Wr like robinson was passed on by us I suppose.

cdub11
02-10-2009, 10:19 PM

Amazing he was.

Vick was great!! I considered picking him but like Sniper I wanted a pro style offense as well so took Leinart (37-2) as starter

JRTPlaya21
02-10-2009, 11:13 PM

What names huh. Colt, Case & Chance.

TexasKing007
02-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Texas if they'll take him, if not Florida. He's going south.

There is speculation that Mack Brown may have offered Hicks over the phone, but that usually isn't his style. It's worked once so far in this class though...

He should be at our next junior day. He will surely be offered by then.

Hokie_Pokie08
02-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Two.

But he is a prime example of a player who went beastmode constantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzqXoEODYX8&feature=related

Amazing he was.

It's crazy how much faster he was than everyone else. He was something else in college.

BRAVEHEART
02-11-2009, 01:06 AM
Who is Delvin Jones? can any of you Miami guys fill me in? I heard that he posted some RIDICULOUS track numbers as of late (10.7 100m dash). Got my info from BSPN's trojan site. T-Mac is recruiting him, and I heard the guy will play WR next year instead of DE. The fact that I haven't really heard his name from you Cane guys makes me believe that this guy isn't too good, or is sleeper, or doesn't want to stay in state ya'll dont care.

here's his rivals page.
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=89761

P-L
02-11-2009, 08:53 AM
I noticed your sig quote, PL. If one team offered me and the other didn't, I'd say the team that offered would make me feel more welcome too. One of our insiders who is from Canton says Robinson is gonna play early at UM, and that Jerald expects that too.
I think Ohio State is "going national" for WRs this year, aiming high which explains why a quality instate Wr like robinson was passed on by us I suppose.
I know Ohio State fans and insiders are denying it, but Tressell called Robinson's dad minutes before he committed and tried to offer. But it was too little too late.

keylime_5
02-11-2009, 09:37 AM
They told him to wait on his decision is what they said when they found out he was gonna commit to Michigan. It is pretty much the same situation as Elliot Mealer a couple years ago.

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Who is Delvin Jones? can any of you Miami guys fill me in? I heard that he posted some RIDICULOUS track numbers as of late (10.7 100m dash). Got my info from BSPN's trojan site. T-Mac is recruiting him, and I heard the guy will play WR next year instead of DE. The fact that I haven't really heard his name from you Cane guys makes me believe that this guy isn't too good, or is sleeper, or doesn't want to stay in state ya'll dont care.

here's his rivals page.
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=89761

He's a solid prospect but seems to be more of a long term project.

Palmetto isn't known for putting out alot of football players. The school is mainly made up of a bunch of skinny little jewish kids (which obviously suck at football).

I've heard he does have upside at DE and that's were people will play him in college. He's very raw tho. Looking like most teams will wait to get a better look at him 1st hand at camps before offering and see what this kid can really do because most are gonna be in wait and see mode with him due to him being so raw, having zero technique but having considerable upside.

He should be a solid 4 star guy.

Last I heard USCe was his frontrunner and only offer. But I've heard Miami and UF are watching him closely and could put out an offer to him in the near future.

fresssh
02-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I still cant get over how Mia hasnt offered LB Jeff Luc. His interest in Miami is high and I cant stop watching his highlights. Their absolutely ridiculous. We need to sign some LB's next year and it sure doesnt look like were going after many.

Also Chris Dunkley's interest in Miami has risen. He says he really likes Miami since they just offered and he wants to sign with a dual threat quarterback. Talks about how much he like Jeffery Goddfrey.

I guess Hurt was reading this. We just offered Luc along with Florida.

fresssh
02-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Tavadis Glenn said hed probably commit to Miami if they offered. We just offered. Another little relief is look who is convincing him the hardest to come to Miami.

Glenn said he has not been to Miami’s campus yet and he doesn’t have any unofficial visit plans for the spring yet, although he knows he will at a later date. However he did talk extensively about his relationship with Miami commitment Louis Nix.

“He’s one of my closest friends, I grew up with him and we started playing football at the same time,” Glenn said. “We came up together all the way up until high school, then he went to Raines and I went to Lee but we’re both really good. He really has been influencing me (about Miami), that’s what makes me really like them, if they offered me I’d probably commit there. He’s been telling me they have a good business school, good campus, good atmosphere, nice people, good food, everything.”

BRAVEHEART
02-11-2009, 11:51 AM

Palmetto isn't known for putting out alot of football players. The school is mainly made up of a bunch of skinny little jewish kids (which obviously suck at football).

I've heard he does have upside at DE and that's were people will play him in college. He's very raw tho. Looking like most teams will wait to get a better look at him 1st hand at camps before offering and see what this kid can really do because most are gonna be in wait and see mode with him due to him being so raw, having zero technique but having considerable upside.

Last I heard USCe was his frontrunner and only offer. But I've heard Miami and UF are watching him closely and could put out an offer to him in the near future.

That's basically what the OP said at the other board, said he's raw, and would probably be a better DE prospect than WR. The fact that he's playing WR exclusively this year has him worried that he doesn't have the mindset or skill to be a DE. He'll be a project either way i guess?

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Tavadis Glenn said hed probably commit to Miami if they offered. We just offered. Another little relief is look who is convincing him the hardest to come to Miami.

Glenn said he has not been to Miami’s campus yet and he doesn’t have any unofficial visit plans for the spring yet, although he knows he will at a later date. However he did talk extensively about his relationship with Miami commitment Louis Nix.

“He’s one of my closest friends, I grew up with him and we started playing football at the same time,” Glenn said. “We came up together all the way up until high school, then he went to Raines and I went to Lee but we’re both really good. He really has been influencing me (about Miami), that’s what makes me really like them, if they offered me I’d probably commit there. He’s been telling me they have a good business school, good campus, good atmosphere, nice people, good food, everything.”

Glenn is looking like he could be an early commit to us depending on when he gets down here for a unofficial. Hopfully the spring game but summer is more likely.

Im not sure on Luc as a LB in our system because he has little speed and explosion but the rest of his game is impressive. His weight could be an issue.

Stop worrying about people not being offered. JR flims are just starting to come in. Weve only got like 25 solid offers out there. We are loaded with talent down here that wants to be Canes. Offering them late will just make them work harder to get offeered, not push them away.

fresssh
02-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Listen to this interview with Bryce Brown. It doesnt sound good. Not that worried if we loose him, just saying.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 12:04 PM
That's basically what the OP said at the other board, said he's raw, and would probably be a better DE prospect than WR. The fact that he's playing WR exclusively this year has him worried that he doesn't have the mindset or skill to be a DE. He'll be a project either way i guess?

Hes a project either way. He transferred to Palmetto from LaSalle. Pametto is 6A so they play good football. But LaSalle is a tiny private school that is basically a JV team.

Im not sure how accurate it is that hes just at WR. I think he plays both ways. But anyways, dont look so much at the position switch. Palmettos likes to put all their guys on offense. They are notorious for having crappy defenses. The only D prospect I can remember is Evan Lee, a 2* LB back in 2005. All their talent is always on offense.

I think a good comparson for Jones would be Michael Johnson out of GT.

BRAVEHEART
02-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Hes a project either way. He transferred to Palmetto from LaSalle. Pametto is 6A so they play good football. But LaSalle is a tiny private school that is basically a JV team.

Im not sure how accurate it is that hes just at WR. I think he plays both ways. But anyways, dont look so much at the position switch. Palmettos likes to put all their guys on offense. They are notorious for having crappy defenses. The only D prospect I can remember is Evan Lee, a 2* LB back in 2005. All their talent is always on offense.

I think a good comparson for Jones would be Michael Johnson out of GT.

Fast, athletic.....and that's it.

Marino13
02-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Hey Joey, what can you tell me about Torrian Wilson? He called our coaching staff telling them he's interested in Michigan, and he'll be at the spring game. Seems like a good prospect, but I see he goes to Miami Northwestern so he's probably a Canes lock.

djp
02-11-2009, 12:11 PM
Read two interviews with Torrian Wilson and Godfrey about their interest in Michigan.

I'm really not trying to sound cocky at all, Michigan guys, but there's just no way those kids are leaving if Miami offers.

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Fast, athletic.....and that's it.

You take those chances 9 out of 10 times because if it clicks upstairs, you got a top 10 pick.

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Hey Joey, what can you tell me about Torrian Wilson? He called our coaching staff telling them he's interested in Michigan, and he'll be at the spring game. Seems like a good prospect, but I see he goes to Miami Northwestern so he's probably a Canes lock.

His new article today says he grew up a Miami fan, we are his 1st offer, he talks to Jacory Harris, Ben Jones and Brandon Washington all the time and his dream is to play for us.

Plus you already mentioned the MNW aspect.

I almost never use the phrase Cane Lock, but hes a Cane Lock.

BRAVEHEART
02-11-2009, 12:37 PM
You take those chances 9 out of 10 times because if it clicks upstairs, you got a top 10 pick.

no doubt, I'd like to see him in cardinal and gold, at either DE or WR. He'd have time to grow here.

Marino13
02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
His new article today says he grew up a Miami fan, we are his 1st offer, he talks to Jacory Harris, Ben Jones and Brandon Washington all the time and his dream is to play for us.

Plus you already mentioned the MNW aspect.

I almost never use the phrase Cane Lock, but hes a Cane Lock.

I mean what's he like as a prospect?

djp
02-11-2009, 02:12 PM

Probably around the same caliber as Ben Jones.

He's a little shorter than you'd like for your OT, but he has good footwork and is good off the ball

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 02:42 PM

Little short, good frame. Strong with good footwork Solid pass blocker. Likely need a year or 2 before seeing the field because he is somewhat raw.

Hes the number 2 OL in the state behind Brandon Linder IMO.

Should be a solid 4 star and could crack the low 250.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Joey/U fans, have you ever heard of Dunbar H.S. (DC) DE/LB Javarie Johnson? I've seen his height/weight listed differently, but Rivals is claiming 6'3 210 with 4.5 speed. 90 tackles and 10 sacks as a junior, same school as '09 WVU RB commit Tavon Austin.

School is nicknamed the "poets"...HAH...play in the smallest division I believe but there was no doubting Austin's physical talents...maybe no doubting this kids either? Don't know.

He has offers from Maryland and West Virginia, while his coach also claims a Pitt offer to go along with those two - as well as claiming a Penn State offer "on the way". Part of the championship 4x2 Dunbar track team, and is rated the second best triple-jump in the area.

Anyway, Javarie said Miami (FL) is his dream college and that he has wanted to play there since he was 6 or 7. He says he is going to Pitt this weekend and has plans to make visits to PSU and Illinois in the future.

djp
02-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Joey/U fans, have you ever heard of Dunbar H.S. (DC) DE/LB Javarie Johnson? I've seen his height/weight listed differently, but Rivals is claiming 6'3 210 with 4.5 speed. 90 tackles and 10 sacks as a junior, same school as '09 WVU RB commit Tavon Austin.

School is nicknamed the "poets"...HAH...play in the smallest division I believe but there was no doubting Austin's physical talents...maybe no doubting this kids either? Don't know.

He has offers from Maryland and West Virginia, while his coach also claims a Pitt offer to go along with those two - as well as claiming a Penn State offer "on the way". Part of the championship 4x2 Dunbar track team, and is rated the second best triple-jump in the area.

Anyway, Javarie said Miami (FL) is his dream college and that he has wanted to play there since he was 6 or 7. He says he is going to Pitt this weekend and has plans to make visits to PSU and Illinois in the future.

There is a post on him on CaneSport.. I'd love to have this kid, he can play OLB, DE, or TE. Some think he is just trying to get a Miami offer to get other offers though.

Looks real good.

VoteLynnSwan
02-11-2009, 03:28 PM

Dunbar is the same school that produced Vontae Davis and Arrelious Benn, as well as Eddie McGee and a few others. Plus Deon Long last year, as well as Tavon Austin. No need to doubt that program.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Agree LynnSwann, just saying...competition isn't awesome.

------

Also saw this from Farrell; 2/11

PENN STATE POSSIBILITIES

Penn State is looking for a strong start on the class of 2010, and it's likely that will happen. Joe Paterno and his staff already have early commitments from in-state studs Paul Jones, a quarterback from McKees Rocks (Pa.) Sto-Rox, and Mike Hull, an outside linebacker from Canonsburg (Pa.) Canon McMillan.

A few others could be committing soon. Running back Silas Redd, from Stamford (Conn.) King & Low Heywood Thomas, has made it clear that if he likes his unofficial trip to Penn State in March, he'll jump on board. Defensive end Dakota Royer, from Manheim (Pa.) Manheim Central, also has been rumored as an early commitment.

There are a couple other prospects, as well, including a wide receiver who prefers to remain anonymous now.

I FREAKING PRAY IT IS '10 MD WR ADRIAN COXSON....that would be such a sick "get" this early.

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Read that same Javarie Johnson article as you.

But theres zero indication that we are actually recruiting him. He was just talking and mentioned us.

Maybe we take a look now since the kid obviously likes us.

We need TEs as well.

Is this kid good enough to play here or is he just wishing?

P-L
02-11-2009, 04:30 PM
They told him to wait on his decision is what they said when they found out he was gonna commit to Michigan. It is pretty much the same situation as Elliot Mealer a couple years ago.
Isn't it odd that they call him and tell him he won't be offered and then call back the next day and tell him to wait on the decision? I mean if you flat out tell the kid you aren't going to offer him why does it matter when he makes his decision. Also, why do you tell him "we aren't going to offer you" the day before he goes on an unofficial visit to your biggest rival. That's essentially giving him the ok to commit. I've just never heard of a coach calling a kid to tell him "we aren't going to offer you" before his senior season. I mean, what if the kid gets bigger, faster, stronger this off-season and them completely dominates? What if one of your other receiver targets suffers a serious injury?

keylime_5
02-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't think they said they weren't gonna offer him, details are unclear but it appears there was some type of ultimatum for an offer from Robinson or Ohio State told him something that made him think he wasn't gonna get offered. Ohio State wanted to wait to see how things played out a bit before offering Robinson if they were ever going to, but Robinson wanted to decide now it seems. Either way, we didn't offer him and he's a Michigan verbal.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Joey, I don't know if he is good enough to play at Miami (FL), I hadn't even heard of him until today.

IF he is a legit 6'3, and I'm not sure he is because I've seen him listed at 6', 6'1, 6'1 1/4, 6'2 and rivals has him 6'3....

IF he is a legit 210 - I've seen him listed as low as 190...

I'd like to see if he had the frame to possibly grow to 6'4 and carry 240-250 as a DE (a la Aaron Maybin). I haven't seen any of his film so I don't know if he is in Maybin's league as an ATH, but if he was interested in PSU, and his measurements checked out/PSU followed with an offer, I'd probably take a flier on him as a speed DE at PSU.

He doesn't look like he has pro potential as a TE, nor the frame to carry enough weight so that he would be more then a flex and could actually block a DE/LB. With Fortt, Forbes, Hull (committed), Royer (ATH/DE/LB - 6'3 230 TE/DE in H.S.) and others, I don't think he'd get a look as an OLB at PSU. It's gonna be speed rusher or no offer, and sometimes I wonder about his H.S. HC because he acts like he is all buddy-buddy with LJ and claims PSU offers b4 PSU does anything.

P-L
02-11-2009, 06:52 PM
Ohio State wanted to wait to see how things played out a bit before offering Robinson if they were ever going to, but Robinson wanted to decide now it seems.
See this is exactly what I thought happened. Ohio State was taking the wait and see approach wit Robinson. However, many buckeyes claimed that the staff told him he wasn't going to get an offer.

Hollywood
02-11-2009, 07:04 PM
I posted this in the 'Canes thread but I thought some of you might like this as it relates to recruiting -

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/andy_staples/02/11/longsnappers/index.html

keylime_5
02-11-2009, 07:18 PM
L.Joyner is gonna go to Ohio State's spring game, good news for me. Interesting fact someone pointed out is that it's a 6 hour drive for him to Tallahassee, a two hour flight. Of course the drive is worlds cheaper.

Hollywood
02-11-2009, 07:30 PM
L.Joyner is gonna go to Ohio State's spring game, good news for me. Interesting fact someone pointed out is that it's a 6 hour drive for him to Tallahassee, a two hour flight. Of course the drive is worlds cheaper.

It's actually longer than that, probably about a 7.5 hour drive, and it's a sucky drive too...Florida is a long, boring state to drive through.

I've always found it interesting that the halfway point to Detroit Mi. from Miami Fl. is Atlanta Ga.

Edit: I just looked it up on google maps and another way to put it in perspective is it actually the same distance from Miami to Tally as Miami to Savannah Ga. Tallahassee is a another world for Miami kids.

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 07:47 PM
It's actually longer than that, probably about a 7.5 hour drive, and it's a sucky drive too...Florida is a long, boring state to drive through.

I've always found it interesting that the halfway point to Detroit Mi. from Miami Fl. is Atlanta Ga.

Edit: I just looked it up on google maps and another way to put it in perspective is it actually the same distance from Miami to Tally as Miami to Savannah Ga. Tallahassee is a another world for Miami kids.

I was born and raised in Miami and went to school in Tally.

Not that big a difference. Obviously there is less to do and Tally is more Rural but something like 40% of FSU students are from Miami-Dade county.

You'd be surprised how similar they are do to that fact.

JFLO
02-11-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm sure this has already been discussed countless times, but I don't feel like looking for it. Anyways, who is everyone's top prospects this upcoming year. Here's a look at mine (no order):

-Matt Elam S Florida (Committed to Florida)
-Demarco Cobb ATH Oklahoma
-Seantrel Henderson OT Minnesota
-Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
-Chris Martin LB California
-James McConcino RB California
-Alec Ogletree ATH Georgia
-Joe Randle ATH Kansas
-Marvin Robinson ATH Florida
-Pete Thomas QB California
-

Hollywood
02-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I was born and raised in Miami and went to school in Tally.

Not that big a difference. Obviously there is less to do and Tally is more Rural but something like 40% of FSU students are from Miami-Dade county.

You'd be surprised how similar they are do to that fact.

Well obviously the campus I am sure may be similar to the city of Miami, hell even UF has a high percentage of students from South Florida, but the actual cities are two completely different worlds, especially when you consider the distance factor which is what I was mainly alluding to.

BRAVEHEART
02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm sure this has already been discussed countless times, but I don't feel like looking for it. Anyways, who is everyone's top prospects this upcoming year. Here's a look at mine (no order):

-Joe Randle ATH Kansas
-

I'm surprised you know him (let alone put him up there as one of your top prospects). He's a real game breaker, but (IMHO) he's not even the best RB in California.

sbh15
02-11-2009, 08:03 PM
WR/LB Justin McCay from Shawnee, KS said he has "high interest" in Florida.

Listed as a 5* WR by scout, OLB by Rivals.

Anyone know the word on this guy? And imagine how good KSU/KU could be if they could lock down the border...

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Well obviously the campus I am sure may be similar to the city of Miami, hell even UF has a high percentage of students from South Florida, but the actual cities are two completely different worlds, especially when you consider the distance factor which is what I was mainly alluding to.

Tally is a college town. Between FSU and FAMU, the schools are the city.

Hollywood
02-11-2009, 08:06 PM
And imagine how good KSU/KU could be if they could lock down the border...

About what they are now...

BamaFalcon59
02-11-2009, 08:07 PM
VT has a ton of high profile leans this recruiting season. Feeling good.

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 08:08 PM

-Joe Randle ATH Kansas
-

Marvin Robinson might not even be top 5 in the state. And you have him top 10 in the nation?

VoteLynnSwan
02-11-2009, 08:15 PM
About what they are now...

if one of those teams had the likes of Arthur Brown, Bryce Brown, Chris Harper, to go along with Blake Bell and Justin McCay who are both highly rated this year, as well as Joseph Randle who has been talked about a good deal this year as well; they would certainly be better... but yes, those guys are anomalies, and the depth in that state is awful.

It is weird how much talent the city of Wichita has had the least three years... the only guy i mentioned not from Wichita was McCay.

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 08:20 PM
if one of those teams had the likes of Arthur Brown, Bryce Brown, Chris Harper, to go along with Blake Bell and Justin McCay who are both highly rated this year, as well as Joseph Randle who has been talked about a good deal this year as well; they would certainly be better... but yes, those guys are anomalies, and the depth in that state is awful.

It is weird how much talent the city of Wichita has had the least three years... the only guy i mentioned not from Wichita was McCay.

Keep in mind the people that they would be replacing.

Certainly they are expected to be better then the those guys but honestly some of these kids are still in HS and Arthur and Harper have done nothing to date in college.

So there's nothing to say that either KState or Kansas would be any better then they are now. I think they'd be more or less the same.

fresssh
02-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Glenn is looking like he could be an early commit to us depending on when he gets down here for a unofficial. Hopfully the spring game but summer is more likely.

Im not sure on Luc as a LB in our system because he has little speed and explosion but the rest of his game is impressive. His weight could be an issue.

Stop worrying about people not being offered. JR flims are just starting to come in. Weve only got like 25 solid offers out there. We are loaded with talent down here that wants to be Canes. Offering them late will just make them work harder to get offeered, not push them away.

He looks real explosive from what i seen. 4.6 40. That weight looks like 100 percent muscle. To each his own. I think we really need to go after some LB's next year. What have u heard on Ramon Buchanon? Is he a definite safety, or an OLB.

JoeyJr09
02-11-2009, 08:51 PM
He looks real explosive from what i seen. 4.6 40. That weight looks like 100 percent muscle. To each his own. I think we really need to go after some LB's next year. What have u heard on Ramon Buchanon? Is he a definite safety, or an OLB.

I'm surprised so many Canes fans ask this question all the time.

Buchanan was moved to LB halfway thru last season and has been playing there ever since.

Luc doesn't run a 4.6 40. Did you just make that up? Scout reported awhile back that he ran a 4.8 40. And what have you see thats explosive? His hips are fluid and hes instinctive but explosive is not a word I would remotely describe him as.

All the film I've seen, he's not the one making the play, he's the one mobbing it up. He isn't the guy getting in the backfield flushing the QB, he the guy getting to the QB after the QB is forced to step up in the pocket. He's the clean up grew, not the playmaker.

His use to me is as a 2 down run stuffer.

fresssh
02-11-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm surprised so many Canes fans ask this question all the time.

Buchanan was moved to LB halfway thru last season and has been playing there ever since.

Luc doesn't run a 4.6 40. Did you just make that up? Scout reported awhile back that he ran a 4.8 40. And what have you see thats explosive? His hips are fluid and hes instinctive but explosive is not a word I would remotely describe him as.

All the film I've seen, he's not the one making the play, he's the one mobbing it up. He isn't the guy getting in the backfield flushing the QB, he the guy getting to the QB after the QB is forced to step up in the pocket. He's the clean up grew, not the playmaker.

His use to me is as a 2 down run stuffer.

Insidetheu.com reports that he runs a 4.6. What would be the point for me to make it up.WTF? Obviously u just seen different film. I seen a lot of explosion which is one of the reasons I keep asking about him. I seen him returning kicks and as a RB and believe me hes faster than a 4.8.

BRAVEHEART
02-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Insidetheu.com reports that he runs a 4.6. What would be the point for me to make it up.WTF? Obviously u just seen different film. I seen a lot of explosion which is one of the reasons I keep asking about him. I seen him returning kicks and as a RB and believe me hes faster than a 4.8.

Game speed doesn't translate to 40 times all that well sometimes. Devon Kennard ran like a 4.7 (or 4.8) at one of USC's camps. If you've seen his film, or anything about him, you know he's a whole lot faster than his 40 would indicate.

Sniper
02-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Game speed doesn't translate to 40 times all that well sometimes. Devon Kennard ran like a 4.7 (or 4.8) at one of USC's camps. If you've seen his film, or anything about him, you know he's a whole lot faster than his 40 would indicate.

Plus, who gives a ****? Not only are 40s dumb all-around, but they're especially dumb for defensive linemen. How many times is he going to run 40 yards in a straight line? It's all about the 10 yard split, baby!

BRAVEHEART
02-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Plus, who gives a ****? Not only are 40s dumb all-around, but they're especially dumb for defensive linemen. How many times is he going to run 40 yards in a straight line? It's all about the 10 yard split, baby!

Bolded for truth.

JayP
02-11-2009, 10:08 PM

-Chris Martin LB California (Committed to Notre Dame)
-Joe Randle ATH Kansas
-

Fixed that for ya.

Plus word is Martin is looking to transfer to The Hun in NJ so that he can graduate early and be an EE at ND.

keylime_5
02-11-2009, 10:15 PM

I wish all the newbies who want to know something about DLine evaluation would read that right there. 40 times for a DE aren't so big, the 5 and 10 yard burst are what you need to watch.

Hollywood
02-11-2009, 10:31 PM
I wish all the newbies who want to know something about DLine evaluation would read that right there. 40 times for a DE aren't so big, the 5 and 10 yard burst are what you need to watch.

See I think this is the prevalent view that I actually hear more of now - IE the '40 times don't matter for DE/DT, they don't have to run 40 yards' type thing. BUT the thing is the 40 IS a measure of burst. It takes a great burst off the line to to run a good 40 time and it shows athletic ability to sustain the time and run a better time than the DT next to you who is the same size.

keylime_5
02-11-2009, 10:36 PM
well there's plenty of DEs who run 4.7s or worse who have such incredible initial burst like Devon Kennard and Jamel Turner....and then there's guys who's first step isn't relatively that great but they run very good forty times. Lots of WRs who are that fast don't get off the line quick enough and can't get open because of it, and they amount to nothing.

BRAVEHEART
02-11-2009, 10:45 PM
See I think this is the prevalent view that I actually hear more of now - IE the '40 times don't matter for DE/DT, they don't have to run 40 yards' type thing. BUT the thing is the 40 IS a measure of burst. It takes a great burst off the line to to run a good 40 time and it shows athletic ability to sustain the time and run a better time than the DT next to you who is the same size.

Some people dont have the "correct" technique to run a fast 40. Doesn't matter on the field though. Some people can run a fast 40, but are relatively "stiff", and you don't see their speed on the field.

Hollywood
02-11-2009, 10:46 PM
well there's plenty of DEs who run 4.7s or worse who have such incredible initial burst like Devon Kennard and Jamel Turner....and then there's guys who's first step isn't relatively that great but they run very good forty times. Lots of WRs who are that fast don't get off the line quick enough and can't get open because of it, and they amount to nothing.

a 4.7 is pretty damn impressive for a 260 pound guy like Kennard. Look there is always going to be examples of guys who don't run a great 40 but are great football players and vice versa, but in general the 40 is an excellent measure of burst and athletic ability.

Hollywood
02-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Looks like Jerry Rice Jr. will be a preferred walk-on at Miami. That seemed to come out of nowhere but a guy on the rivals board confirmed it saying our AD spoke about it last night at a banquet.

Not expecting much from him but still think it is pretty cool to have the son of greatest WR ever on campus. Maybe his dad will stop by for some impromptu coaching?? It'd be nice to just have recruits see his dad on campus...

BRAVEHEART
02-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Looks like Jerry Rice Jr. will be a preferred walk-on at Miami. That seemed to come out of nowhere but a guy on the rivals board confirmed it saying our AD spoke about it last night at a banquet.

Not expecting much from him but still think it is pretty cool to have the son of greatest WR ever on campus. Maybe his dad will stop by for some impromptu coaching?? It'd be nice to just have recruits see his dad on campus...

USC has Jerry Rice's real son. http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/BRICEBUTLERARMY08150.JPG

Bobby Butler just raised him, but he knows that's not his seed.

wicket
02-12-2009, 03:49 AM
Fixed that for ya.

Plus word is Martin is looking to transfer to The Hun in NJ so that he can graduate early and be an EE at ND.

jeah and i love it. It is because his coach was blabbing all the time in his ear about going to usc, wouldnt leave him alone about it, called him up furiously after his decision. Basicly he would just keep tormenting the kid so he wanted out, away from his coach. I would LOVE to have him be an EE

JoeyJr09
02-12-2009, 05:25 AM

You must be watching film of a different player.

He plays TE/LB in HS and all the film I've seen of him is at LB with a little TE mixed in.

I have yet to see any film of him at RB or much less returning kicks.

fresssh
02-12-2009, 08:08 AM

If u guys are talking 2 me, Luc is projected as a MLB. So all ur talk was pointless. If u werent talkin 2 me then nvm.

fresssh
02-12-2009, 08:15 AM
You must be watching film of a different player.

He plays TE/LB in HS and all the film I've seen of him is at LB with a little TE mixed in.

I have yet to see any film of him at RB or much less returning kicks.

Stop telling me my infos wrong bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwnVTnCD9I0

1.43 U see him run the ball. This isnt the film that shows him returning kicks it wont let me post that cus its off a pay site. It only 1 run u c but he definitely shows explosveness. Maybe ur watching a different prosepcet.

JoeyJr09
02-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Stop telling me my infos wrong bro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwnVTnCD9I0

1.43 U see him run the ball. This isnt the film that shows him returning kicks it wont let me post that cus its off a pay site. It only 1 run u c but he definitely shows explosveness. Maybe ur watching a different prosepcet.

I cant click the video because Im at work but Im assuming thats the long youtube one that highlights all his abilities right before he does it. Theres one that shows him running.

I seen that video and did not see explosion. If you watch that clip, hes not playing RB. Hes playing TE. Hes just lined up in the backfield across from the FB with the RB even deeper in the backfield. Its sort of a wierd twist on the triple option.

Anyways its not an explosive run at all. The entire defense got caught going the other direction and he beats a LB to the corner and just run past another LB and after that basically jogs into the endzone.

He had better top end speed then the two LBs he beat (he should since hes considered a solid D1 level talent) but if you think that is called explosion then you need to rethink the word.

Dont get me wrong, the kid looks solid and theres alot to like. Hes fluid, instinctive, strong, smart, physical. But his overall speed is just average and he does not look explosive at all. Hes a solid prospect, certanly better then Barrington who I wanted and better then Marti who I liked on ST. Hes an Antonio Harper type MLB to me and we do need that depth.

I just dont see the top 150 player in him that some see. Hes a low 4, high 3 star to me.

Hes a Channing Crowder. Im looking for another Jon Beason.

CroomDawgs
02-12-2009, 10:11 AM

You talkin about Laurinitis or Luc here? Haha.

Sniper
02-12-2009, 10:25 AM
You talkin about Laurinitis or Luc here? Haha.

High five!!!!!

cdub11
02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I just read an interview with OL Evan Washington, It sounds to me like he will commit to Texas "IF" they offer.

kwilk103
02-12-2009, 02:02 PM
i hate mentors

Brian Robinson spoke with ESPN affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com about his current favorite, "My leading school right now is West Virginia. (But) I have a mentor, and she's telling me not to pick West Virginia because she thinks I should go to Florida."

InsideTheU reports offers from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Miami-Fl and West Virginia for the St. Thomas Aquinas junior.

Robinson, who registered 54 tackles and 6.5 tackles for loss last fall for the nation's No. 1-rated high school team plans to wait until after his senior season to commit.

JoeyJr09
02-12-2009, 03:55 PM
i hate mentors

Brian Robinson spoke with ESPN affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com about his current favorite, "My leading school right now is West Virginia. (But) I have a mentor, and she's telling me not to pick West Virginia because she thinks I should go to Florida."

InsideTheU reports offers from Alabama, Florida, Florida State, Miami-Fl and West Virginia for the St. Thomas Aquinas junior.

Robinson, who registered 54 tackles and 6.5 tackles for loss last fall for the nation's No. 1-rated high school team plans to wait until after his senior season to commit.

Its ok, I think your somewhat safe here.

STA is absolutely loaded this year with top level prospects, Robinson isnt one of them.

All the STA kids are gettng offered and could get taken by the big 3
mainly in an effort to get momentum in their favor for the real STA studs in Linder, Bernard, and Riggs.

Once Linder, Bernard, and Riggs commit, the in state interest will die down which will help you out.

Everyone is getting in on the Fla action this year. We are straight loaded with talent (around 200 kids will go D1, alot of them top level) and at an absolutle max the big 3 ca only yake 75 between the 3.

With the grades of some of these kids, WVU is sure to get a handful.

cdub11
02-12-2009, 04:02 PM
I watched a rivals video and they said the favorites for #1 player for 2010 were:

WR: Markeith Ambles
WR: Robert Woods
OT: Seantrel Henderson
RB: Lache Seastrunk

wicket
02-12-2009, 04:06 PM
I watched a rivals video and they said the favorites for #1 player for 2010 were:

the last 2 make sense to me the first two less

BRAVEHEART
02-12-2009, 04:53 PM
the last 2 make sense to me the first two less

All of those prospects are "ELITE" and arguably at the top of their positions...but Seantrel is the only one who's the undisputed top prospect at his position, and I think that's what makes him the no.1 prospect right now. The rest deserve to be somewhere in the top 15.

I like the fact that USC is in the hunt for all of those recruits (seastrunk not as much...but he's the one I want the least).

wicket
02-12-2009, 04:57 PM
for me McCay is much more the top receiver than those other two

BRAVEHEART
02-12-2009, 05:01 PM
for me McCay is much more the top receiver than those other two

Give me Robert Woods.

JoeyJr09
02-12-2009, 05:08 PM

Ambles in from GA and hasn't been offered by UGA or GT. Wonder if they know something we don't.

Certainly would have me taking a 2nd look that they don't even bother to offer him.

iowatreat54
02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Ambles in from GA and hasn't been offered by UGA or GT. Wonder if they know something we don't.

Certainly would have me taking a 2nd look that they don't even bother to offer him.

I'm guessing they want to wait until he attends their camp to meet him, interact, etc. before they offer him. I know numerous schools have that policy. Otherwise, idk.

sbh15
02-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Any truth to Justin McCay being a UF/ND battle?

I hope so, because we know how those have ended up recently ;)

wicket
02-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Any truth to Justin McCay being a UF/ND battle?

I hope so, because we know how those have ended up recently ;)

add in mizzou and you have the right teams imo.
edit: but he is trimming his list down to five next week so we'll see

Hines
02-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Keylime, can you tell me about Latwan Anderson? I just saw his highlights and he looks like a younger Kenny Phillips plus the return ability. I guess he is close to getting a Penn State offer.

JoeyJr09
02-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Keylime, can you tell me about Latwan Anderson? I just saw his highlights and he looks like a younger Kenny Phillips minus the return ability. I guess he is close to getting a Penn State offer.

Kenny Phillips has return ability?

News to me.

Hines
02-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Keylime, can you tell me about Latwan Anderson? I just saw his highlights and he looks like a younger Kenny Phillips minus the return ability. I guess he is close to getting a Penn State offer.

Kenny Phillips has return ability?

News to me.

Read it again, buddy.

VoteLynnSwan
02-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Read it again, buddy.

the way you said it implies that Kenny Phillips has return abilities, and Anderson does not. What you should have said was "me reminds me of Kenny Phillips plus return ability"

Hines
02-12-2009, 06:18 PM
the way you said it implies that Kenny Phillips has return abilities, and Anderson does not. What you should have said was "me reminds me of Kenny Phillips plus return ability"

Ok, sorry. I will edit it.

wicket
02-12-2009, 06:28 PM
2 a cali guy, i heard some stuff about woods actually projecting better at corner than wr, is there any merit to that?

BRAVEHEART
02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
2 a cali guy, i heard some stuff about woods actually projecting better at corner than wr, is there any merit to that?

Maybe you're thinking of Anthony Jefferson.

wicket
02-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Maybe you're thinking of Anthony Jefferson.

nope but it still clears up what i thought that the cb projectinons were weird. thanks

keylime_5
02-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Keylime, can you tell me about Latwan Anderson? I just saw his highlights and he looks like a younger Kenny Phillips plus the return ability. I guess he is close to getting a Penn State offer.

Anderson is the hottest prospect in Ohio right now other than maybe Matt james. Getting offers from Michigan and Michigan State recently and about to get one from Notre Dame and Penn State. Undersized safety but the kid has legit 4.3 speed and can return kicks like you said and hits like a linebacker. Looks like a Michigan lean unless/until Ohio State offers, at which point we should get him. Rumored to transfer to Glenville this fall but there is also the rumor that he refuted that speculation.

Ohio State isn't dishing out early offers like they did last year, we are only giving out 1 or 2 per position so far and have only given out ~12 already. If someone told me to guess who Ohio State's two most likely candidates to receive the next offer I'd say Christian Bryant or LaTwan Anderson.

BRAVEHEART
02-12-2009, 06:56 PM
nope but it still clears up what i thought that the cb projectinons were weird. thanks

Robert Woods could probably play CB, but nobody is gonna put him there. He's a WR 100%

BRAVEHEART
02-12-2009, 07:27 PM

(the real) USC is his leader as of now. He said that USC is his favorite college, Taylor Mays is his favorite football player, and he's friends with Frankie Telfort. Looks like USC will play him at WR, and that's what said he wants to play.

bearsfan_51
02-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Ohio State offers for Minnesota OT, Jimmy Gjere.

Hey...umm....stay the **** away.

sbh15
02-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Link (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/90617-vols-poaching-another-gator-commitment)

Check out the title. Dude honestly thinks Tennessee is in position to poach Elam.

He came out publicly and said Tennessee contacted him despite them saying they wouldn't.

Also said that the only thing that will make him change his commitment is if Urb leaves.

Family and him have a long relationship, they love him.

BigJohn98
02-12-2009, 08:55 PM
Florida State offered Seantrel Henderson today.

bearsfan_51
02-12-2009, 09:29 PM
Florida State offered Seantrel Henderson today.

Doesn't matter.

Any school that offers him from this point on has no chance.

P-L
02-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Rumored to transfer to Glenville this fall but there is also the rumor that he refuted that speculation.
It isn't a rumor, he flat out said "I'm not transferring."

keylime_5
02-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah, it's not a rumor anymore. It was at one point, but I wrote that before the article came out that debunked it.

fresssh
02-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Hurtt said UM will have between 22-23 scholarships to use for next year. Like he did a year ago, he laid out the slots for me: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 3 TE, 4 OL, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3-4 DBs and possibly a kicker.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2009/02/hurtt-talks-big-picture-2010-class.html

As loaded as Fla is suposed to be next year, I really wish we had closer to 30 scholarships.

BRAVEHEART
02-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Jumbo Athlete (WR/DE) Delvin Jones, said if he gets an offer from USC he'll commit.

JoeyJr09
02-13-2009, 01:31 AM
Hurtt said UM will have between 22-23 scholarships to use for next year. Like he did a year ago, he laid out the slots for me: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 3 TE, 4 OL, 3 DL, 3 LB, 3-4 DBs and possibly a kicker.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2009/02/hurtt-talks-big-picture-2010-class.html

As loaded as Fla is suposed to be next year, I really wish we had closer to 30 scholarships.

That number will go up. Remember a month ago we only had 15 open. Randy signed a small class of 20 despite having 27 open spots. Those extra 7 is where Hurtt is getting his 22 from. Once you add in attrition and transfers we should be able to take a full class of 25 at the least.

Also,

LaMarcus Joyner was on 560 QAM tonite. He named the Gators his leader and named a top 5 with reasons. Ill list them out for you in the order he state that they were on his list.

UF- Because they are number 1
FSU- because they arehis dream school
OSU- because they have good DBs
ND- Because he belives in God
UCF- Because he likes small programs.

A year from signing day and this guy is making a mockery of the recruitment already. It was pretty obvious he was making up alot of stuff spur of the moment and some of his reasons are a joke.

Commentators hinted about Miami not being on the list and it was painfully obvious he was trying to avoid talking about us and was hiding anything having to do with Miami.

He says he loves Jahkari Gore but that he hates likely Miami commit Michaelee Harris. Says he cant stand Harris smack talk and then he proceeded to talk smack about MNW and Harris and how he would beat them for the state title (yea right). Says he loves Chris Dunkley.

What made of all this: Absolutely nothing. Kid was spewing so much crap that I couldnt tell if what he was serious about, what he was lying about or if hes just too dumb to realize what hes saying. He is gonna be another of those awful recruits to follow. This is his 4th leader in about 2 months and listening to him, you can tell the kid loves to mess with people.

If I had to take a serious guess at getting thru all this kids BS Id put his top 4 as FSU, UF, OSU, Miami in that order ATM.

JoeyJr09
02-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Jumbo Athlete (WR/DE) Delvin Jones, said if he gets an offer from USC he'll commit.

Most guys that have dealt with him think hes just trying to talk his way into a USC offer so that he can parlay that into offers by UF and Miami.

Most think he wants to stay close to home.

I think hes more serious about USC then most but itll be a tough pull at the end for PC.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-13-2009, 02:21 AM
RE: Latwan Anderson;

Apparently PSU is sending him a ton of stuff in the mail and he thinks/feels an offer could be on the way soon. And just FWIW, I've read that tOSU may not be much of a factor here (offer, or no offer) ...LIKE AT ALL. Do I think he'll come to PSU? Not really. Do I think he'll seriously consider PSU and be torn when making his decision between PSU and X? NO. Just saying regardless...

------

And on the PSU end, we have indeed offered (written) 6'6 265-270 PA OG/OT Luke Graham. 4.2 GPA, 350 bench/590 squat, plays BBall/can dunk, goes to church every Sunday...kid is the total package on and off the field. Exactly what I like in an OL as well, rather then a 17/18 YO coming on campus at 320-330.

Nothing against the kids at 320-330 that can move and are 4/5* prospects, but 7 times out of 10 (if not more) you've got a kid carrying a lot of bad weight that dominates based on size rather then skill as a high schooler, than they struggle. You can mold him into what you want, take a year (RS) or two improving his technique and fundamentals, get him to 290-295, and you've got a pretty nasty OL.

keylime_5
02-13-2009, 08:12 AM
And just FWIW, I've read that tOSU may not be much of a factor here (offer, or no offer)

well i can tell you right now that's completely bogus information.
there is rumored grade issues, but if Penn State and Notre Dame can offer and Ohio State can't get him in that's ridiculous.

wicket
02-13-2009, 08:43 AM
hey Joey a new florida kid popped on ND's radar apparently OT Chaz Green, anything interesting about him?

Sniper
02-13-2009, 09:01 AM
hey Joey a new florida kid popped on ND's radar apparently OT Chaz Green, anything interesting about him?

He has offers from everyone. That's about all I can tell you. Florida, USC, Tennessee, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, USF, Miami have all offered.

JoeyJr09
02-13-2009, 09:15 AM

I can't tell you much of him as a player because I haven't seen him but I've heard he's pretty dead set on UF.

JoeyJr09
02-13-2009, 09:16 AM
CB/WR Tai-ler Jones is visiting us for our spring game. Says we are in the thick of it and that he loves our coaches.

I know hes a ND lean. Anything else on him?

wicket
02-13-2009, 09:19 AM
CB/WR Tai-ler Jones is visiting us for our spring game. Says we are in the thick of it and that he loves our coaches.

just that whoever gets him has a good chance of landing denzel mccoy and vice versa.

Hollywood
02-13-2009, 09:59 AM
That number will go up. Remember a month ago we only had 15 open. Randy signed a small class of 20 despite having 27 open spots. Those extra 7 is where Hurtt is getting his 22 from. Once you add in attrition and transfers we should be able to take a full class of 25 at the least.

Also,

LaMarcus Joyner was on 560 QAM tonite. He named the Gators his leader and named a top 5 with reasons. Ill list them out for you in the order he state that they were on his list.

UF- Because they are number 1
FSU- because they arehis dream school
OSU- because they have good DBs
ND- Because he belives in God
UCF- Because he likes small programs.

A year from signing day and this guy is making a mockery of the recruitment already. It was pretty obvious he was making up alot of stuff spur of the moment and some of his reasons are a joke.

Commentators hinted about Miami not being on the list and it was painfully obvious he was trying to avoid talking about us and was hiding anything having to do with Miami.

He says he loves Jahkari Gore but that he hates likely Miami commit Michaelee Harris. Says he cant stand Harris smack talk and then he proceeded to talk smack about MNW and Harris and how he would beat them for the state title (yea right). Says he loves Chris Dunkley.

What made of all this: Absolutely nothing. Kid was spewing so much crap that I couldnt tell if what he was serious about, what he was lying about or if hes just too dumb to realize what hes saying. He is gonna be another of those awful recruits to follow. This is his 4th leader in about 2 months and listening to him, you can tell the kid loves to mess with people.

If I had to take a serious guess at getting thru all this kids BS Id put his top 4 as FSU, UF, OSU, Miami in that order ATM.

Good stuff Joey. Just listened to the interview, this guy is going to be a trip. Still put UM's chances at 50%, I have a feeling it will be an FSU-UM battle. As far as Columbus being better than MNW this year, yea right LeMarcus, dream on. Central will be better than Columbus.

JoeyJr09
02-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Good stuff Joey. Just listened to the interview, this guy is going to be a trip. Still put UM's chances at 50%, I have a feeling it will be an FSU-UM battle. As far as Columbus being better than MNW this year, yea right LeMarcus, dream on. Central will be better than Columbus.

Speaking of Central.

No Brandon Gainer for us.

He says he's not even considering us because of all the RBs we brought in and that Bryce Brown and this years upcoming class will only add to that.

Looks like we are going after Gore and Bernard.

Hokie_Pokie08
02-13-2009, 10:30 AM
http://www.nittanynetwork.com/index.php/component/resource/article/218-kenney-camping-out-for-hunter

Looks like PSU is trying to make a serious run at Justin Hunter. My friend that is the WR coach at OL gave me some encouraging news recently and said that for the first time Hunter told him that he wouldn't mind staying close to home to play. That at least sounds better than it did last summer when he was all about the SEC and if they offered SC.

Hines
02-13-2009, 11:02 AM
http://www.nittanynetwork.com/index.php/component/resource/article/218-kenney-camping-out-for-hunter

Looks like PSU is trying to make a serious run at Justin Hunter. My friend that is the WR coach at OL gave me some encouraging news recently and said that for the first time Hunter told him that he wouldn't mind staying close to home to play. That at least sounds better than it did last summer when he was all about the SEC and if they offered SC.

I was just going to ask you or BamaFalcon about him. I hope he has serious interest in Penn State because he looks like a real good player.

Hokie_Pokie08
02-13-2009, 11:39 AM
I was just going to ask you or BamaFalcon about him. I hope he has serious interest in Penn State because he looks like a real good player.

My buddy raves about him. Jumps up and does pull-ups on the top of the backboard and has also high jumped 6-10. I was at the Eastern Region final between OL and Oscar Smith and I was impressed with his ability to bring down the ball in traffic. OL's offense isn't a pass-first offense so his numbers won't stand out, but he is the real deal. My knock on him at the moment is that he is still really thin. With as much contact as your coaches are making it has to help.

Hollywood
02-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Speaking of Central.

No Brandon Gainer for us.

He says he's not even considering us because of all the RBs we brought in and that Bryce Brown and this years upcoming class will only add to that.

Looks like we are going after Gore and Bernard.

Yea I saw that, it's too bad but the guy I really want is Devon Wright. I actually prefer him over Bernard unless Bernard helps get us a couple extra St. Thomas guys. Honestly I'm not that high on Bernard.

Gore and Wright and I'm a happy camper.

Hollywood
02-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Joey, do you believe the news on the Rivals board that Luc has been offered by us and UF?

BRAVEHEART
02-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Most guys that have dealt with him think hes just trying to talk his way into a USC offer so that he can parlay that into offers by UF and Miami.

Most think he wants to stay close to home.

I think hes more serious about USC then most but itll be a tough pull at the end for PC.

He said UM and FSU were behind USC (so I believe those are his top FLA schools). In the video interview, he said "It'll be a wrap" if he's offered by USC. I expect him to get one in the summer at USC's rising stars camp, I also believe he said something about graduating early, so he wants to decide in the summer. I think the one thing that's helping USC more than anything else is the fact that they are/were (I'm guessing) the first school to say they want him at WR and not DE. USC has a pretty good track record with big WR's, so that probably helps too.

TexasKing007
02-13-2009, 12:56 PM

He had expressed some interest in Texas previously but we are killing it at WR so far and I don't think our coaches liked him as a CB so I don't think we will try too hard to follow up on it.

We don't usually do too well out of state anyway. The state has a good crop this year and we will just cherry pick from there. The only out of state WR we have offered is Trovon Reed.

JoeyJr09
02-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Joey, do you believe the news on the Rivals board that Luc has been offered by us and UF?

Yea, it was just a matter of time. Despite what I think, alot of people are in love with this kid and he will be very highly ranked.

He likes us best supposedly but needs to visit 1st because hes never seen our school.

Im kinda expecting to land him. But I hope its as a 2nd LB next to say Olgetree who is looking better and better for us.

Hollywood
02-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Yea, it was just a matter of time. Despite what I think, alot of people are in love with this kid and he will be very highly ranked.

He likes us best supposedly but needs to visit 1st because hes never seen our school.

Im kinda expecting to land him. But I hope its as a 2nd LB next to say Olgetree who is looking better and better for us.

So you believe he really has commitable offers from UF and UM? Have you heard it from anywhere else besides the rivals board?

Also, by 2nd LB do you mean you think we only take 2 LBers, I thought we wanted three...I am kind of excited to see what this guy Rashard Gaitor does at the west next year.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-13-2009, 02:16 PM
well i can tell you right now that's completely bogus information.
there is rumored grade issues, but if Penn State and Notre Dame can offer and Ohio State can't get him in that's ridiculous.

Coming from someone employed by scout, that tOSU may not be much of a factor whether they offer or not. Kid is said to be wide open, "supposedly".

JoeyJr09
02-13-2009, 02:28 PM
So you believe he really has commitable offers from UF and UM? Have you heard it from anywhere else besides the rivals board?

Also, by 2nd LB do you mean you think we only take 2 LBers, I thought we wanted three...I am kind of excited to see what this guy Rashard Gaitor does at the west next year.

I cant tell u the exact offer he has but if he wants in and makes it clear to coaches, Im under the impression that neither UF or Miami will pass.

I expect us to take at least 2 LB, I was just making the point that Luc shouldnt be the headliner of our LB class. Gaitor is an option but hes got alot to prove. Suprised I havent heard LeNerick Reddick come up more. Hes a better version of Sam Barrington.

ToldLikeItIs
02-13-2009, 02:35 PM
LaTwan Anderson looks like the best safety prospect I have ever seen.

Legit low 4.3, hits hard, really hard, catches with his hands, reads routes..

Good god.

keylime_5
02-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Coming from someone employed by scout, that tOSU may not be much of a factor whether they offer or not. Kid is said to be wide open, "supposedly".

Even if he is wide open, Ohio State is his instate school that he liked growing up, if they want him they will be a BIG factor in his recruitment. It's not like Jordan Hicks, who is really only looking at southern schools.

keylime_5
02-13-2009, 02:37 PM
LaTwan Anderson looks like the best safety prospect I have ever seen.

Legit low 4.3, hits hard, really hard, catches with his hands, reads routes..

Good god.

doesn't tackle as well and isn't as big and athletic as guys like Jamie Wood or Gene Clifford were, but his hitting ability and his 4.33 speed and versatility are what have teams making him so hot a prospect right now. He's listed at 5'11" but there is suspicion that he is only 5'9" or so.

bigbenn
02-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Anthing on LaMarcus Joyner? Apparently he likes Illinois. It's a pipe dream but dude is a monster...

Hollywood
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Anthing on LaMarcus Joyner? Apparently he likes Illinois. It's a pipe dream but dude is a monster...

In a couple months it would not surprise me if he commits* to Zook and the Illini.

*This will be after de-committing from Ohio State and 2 months later he will decommit from Illinois and declare for his dream school - FSU 2 months before signing with Miami.

Sniper
02-13-2009, 02:54 PM

Shouldn't you have a new sig from keylime?

BigJohn98
02-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Doesn't matter.

Any school that offers him from this point on has no chance.

And why is that?

sbh15
02-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Expect some character concerns to begin to rise about Rob Crisp depending on what happens in the next few days...

He's as nice as can be, but he got in a fight with some kids and wrecked a few school computers from what I hear.

bearsfan_51
02-13-2009, 03:34 PM
And why is that?
Well, for one, why would a kid from Minnesota, who is getting offers from pretty much every school in the country and has been recruited by many for 3-4 years, give a **** about a scholarship offer from Florida State? He's not going to leapfrog half the country, and 20 offers from teams that have been long recruiting him, to go to a team that is neither more successful, or more prestigious, than teams like Notre Dame and Ohio State that have been on him for longer and harder. If he goes out of state it will be to either Notre Dame, OSU, or USC. It's like bidding 10 dollars at an auction for an item that's already up to 50.

But, on top of all that, he's already said he has his top 5, and that was before FSU offered. I really doubt that changes anything.

VoteLynnSwan
02-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Well, for one, why would a kid from Minnesota, who is getting offers from pretty much every school in the country and has been recruited by many for 3-4 years, give a **** about a scholarship offer from Florida State? He's not going to leapfrog half the country, and 20 offers from teams that have been long recruiting him, to go to a team that is neither more successful, or more prestigious, than teams like Notre Dame and Ohio State that have been on him for longer and harder. If he goes out of state it will be to either Notre Dame, OSU, or USC. It's like bidding 10 dollars at an auction for an item that's already up to 50.

But, on top of all that, he's already said he has his top 5, and that was before FSU offered. I really doubt that changes anything.

Well if FSU pays more than the other schools then they might have a shot... I doubt they could outspend the likes of USC, OSU, or Notre Dame though.

wicket
02-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Well if FSU pays more than the other schools then they might have a shot... I doubt they could outspend the likes of USC, OSU, or Notre Dame though.

nd has been recruiting him for 2 years now so they have some catching up to do

DoWnThEfiElD
02-13-2009, 04:10 PM
I don't know if you guys saw scouts top 100 list for 2010, but its terrible..

Dyer and Seastrunk as so low its a joke...

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&yr=2010

wicket
02-13-2009, 04:18 PM

you do realise that they just had listed their five stars and four stars seperately and for the rest its alphabetically right?

Sniper
02-13-2009, 04:22 PM
you do realise that they just had listed their five stars and four stars seperately and for the rest its alphabetically right?

False. Look again.

keylime_5
02-13-2009, 04:31 PM
False. Look again.

no, he's right. They list the 5 stars in ABC order, then they list the 4 stars in ABC order. The link is to "all" and I'm not sure if they rank those in order or not, but if you click on "top" then that is their supposed top 100 which is in ABC order. Maybe they have them backwards, but it's too early either way. They only gave out like 10 five star ratings so far, they'll have over 30 in their next update.

wicket
02-13-2009, 04:31 PM
False. Look again.

sorry i used a different link(from the original acticle) but you have the one that ranks differently, a number 1 at his position always comes before the number two of another position. Checck out the end of their four star ratings, all receivers and defensive ends. they just had a ranking by position and basicly let the computer sort the list with stars trumping place rankings.
edit: worse the rankings by position are even just by star and alphabetical again within the same star rating.

Sniper
02-13-2009, 04:32 PM
no, he's right. They list the 5 stars in ABC order, then they list the 4 stars in ABC order.

So why is Justin McCay ahead of Seantrel Henderson? Why is Chris Martin after Jacques Smith? Why is C.J Fiederowicz the top 4 star?

EDIT: I had it as grouped by "All". My bad.

wicket
02-13-2009, 04:34 PM
They list the 5 stars in ABC order, then they list the 4 stars in ABC order. The link is to "all" and I'm not sure if they rank those in order or not, but if you click on "top" then that is their supposed top 100 which is in ABC order. Maybe they have them backwards, but it's too early either way. They only gave out like 10 five star ratings so far, they'll have over 30 in their next update.

cheers and the all also has a alphabetical system about it it is just tougher to see. I tried to explain it in my previous post

keylime_5
02-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Ohio State offered a huge safety from Klein, TX (JB Shugarts' high school), Luke Muncie. 6-3/210 safety, another Jermale Hines/Tyler Moeller type hybrid player. Offered by Texas A&M too. We need safeties, and 6-3/210 football players who are fast and can hit are never too many on your roster.

kwilk103
02-13-2009, 06:56 PM
wvu picked up ot quinton spain from va

6'5 330

BamaFalcon59
02-13-2009, 07:03 PM
wvu picked up ot quinton spain from va

6'5 330

He was a big VT lean earlier in the process. But we didn't show much interest. Very out of shape and we like our lineman quick and athletic.

sbh15
02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Florida gave 2010 WR Kenbrell Thompkins his first offer today...

anyone got anything on him?

BamaFalcon59
02-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Anyone know anything on a QB Leal in Florida? Jayron Hosley's teammate.

VT is apparently looking at him.

sbh15
02-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Anyone know anything on a QB Leal in Florida? Jayron Hosley's teammate.

VT is apparently looking at him.

Mark Leal, I know nothing about him, however...

Sniper
02-13-2009, 07:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3906361

Kiffin gets his third recruiting violation.

sbh15
02-13-2009, 07:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3906361

Kiffin gets his third recruiting violation.

Just a matter of time before major violation number one.

BigJohn98
02-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Chris Dunkley told Michael L that Florida State is recruiting him the hardest. He said he talks to Coley and Dawsey every day.

I would love for us to pull him away from the Gators. He and D'Joshua Johnson would be a great tandem.

sbh15
02-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Chris Dunkley told Michael L that Florida State is recruiting him the hardest. He said he talks to Coley and Dawsey every day.

I would love for us to pull him away from the Gators. He and D'Joshua Johnson would be a great tandem.

He'll definitely be a UF/FSU battle... I feel like the offense will be the selling point for this kid.

Florida State wide receivers haven't panned out recently.

TigerBait45
02-13-2009, 08:13 PM
It seems like Lane Kiffin is a disaster waiting to happen.

BRAVEHEART
02-13-2009, 08:14 PM
He'll definitely be a UF/FSU battle... I feel like the offense will be the selling point for this kid.

Florida State wide receivers haven't panned out recently.

But they've had a history of producing good ones, and some with great NFL careers, something the gators can't say. I don't know much about this Dunkley, but small fast WR's are perfect fit for the spread option in the swamp.

sbh15
02-13-2009, 08:17 PM
But they've had a history of producing good ones, and some with great NFL careers, something the gators can't say. I don't know much about this Dunkley, but small fast WR's are perfect fit for the spread option in the swamp.

This is true, but yes, Dunkley fits the Gator receiver mold.

By the way, the jury is still out on Urban's wide receivers.

No WR from UF has gone Freshman to NFL under Urban except Percy

keylime_5
02-13-2009, 08:23 PM
It seems like Lane Kiffin is a disaster waiting to happen.

maybe, but I think he's gonna turn UT around. He knows how to recruit, and more importantlly his staff knows how to recruits. Having an NFL great at defensive coordinator should factor into that too.

BRAVEHEART
02-13-2009, 08:59 PM
maybe, but I think he's gonna turn UT around. He knows how to recruit, and more importantlly his staff knows how to recruits. Having an NFL great at defensive coordinator should factor into that too.

Good d-line coach too.

kwilk103
02-13-2009, 09:12 PM
just read quinton spain is only 16 and hes already 6'5 330

Hollywood
02-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Here is some much better film of Jeff Luc compared to the earlier one -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-dT2TCrcMY

You still don't see the great straight line speed of a Miami LB, but that guy is straight up violent and if he doesn't beef up anymore he will be a stud MLB in college football.

iowatreat54
02-13-2009, 11:46 PM

Mwahaha AJ Derby the top safety. Iowa recruiting him at QB.

Hollywood
02-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Florida gave 2010 WR Kenbrell Thompkins his first offer today...

anyone got anything on him?

He is the older brother of Miami freshman WR Kendall Thompkins, he went to Miami Northwestern and he is very good. Here is some video -

http://www.elcofootball.com/27916001/kthompkins08.wmv

TigerBait45
02-14-2009, 01:31 AM

Apparently the UT booster that had something to do with Alabama's probation earlier this decade was on Finebaum today talking about how Kiffin "is a little punk" and might already be on the hotseat in favor of John Gruden

Take it for what it's worth, because it's Finebaum, but man..

I can't see that happening but wtf.

BRAVEHEART
02-14-2009, 01:39 AM
He is the older brother of Miami freshman WR Kendall Thompkins, he went to Miami Northwestern and he is very good. Here is some video -

http://www.elcofootball.com/27916001/kthompkins08.wmv

did he get held back in school?:confused:

wicket
02-14-2009, 03:40 AM

You still don't see the great straight line speed of a Miami LB, but that guy is straight up violent and if he doesn't beef up anymore he will be a stud MLB in college football.

ND just offered him

CLong4Heisman
02-14-2009, 08:54 AM
ND just offered him

Oh my god. I think I got hurt just watching him make those hits. Great forms on most of them too.

wicket
02-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Oh my god. I think I got hurt just watching him make those hits. Great forms on most of them too.

jeah he reminded me of this years recruit calabrese a bit the way he hits
edit: just the way he hits though, quite a different player

Newbs24
02-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Looking like 2 QBs is going to be a must for Michigan this year, with the recent news that has come about. Wonder how that will sit with Devin Gardner? I think there are some pretty talented dual threat QBs in this class, no one really sticks out. I would have to say my preference would be Gardner because of his upside and size is dangerous for this offense. But if we could land 2 guys that have some ability to pass the ball and are good with it in their hands I would have to take it.

keylime_5
02-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Sounds like Nick Montana is very likely to sign with Ohio State in 2010, and he's our clearcut #1 QB on our board (staff thinks there's a gap between him and Gardner- who is #2), so I'd say Michigan's chances with Gardner are a lot better than people thought a month or so ago. We're only taking 1 QB in this class.

Hokie_Pokie08
02-14-2009, 10:18 AM
He was a big VT lean earlier in the process. But we didn't show much interest. Very out of shape and we like our lineman quick and athletic.

That way its easier for them to become revolving doors. We can't be choosy when it comes to OL prospects with how our line has played recently.

wicket
02-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Sounds like Nick Montana is very likely to sign with Ohio State in 2010, and he's our clearcut #1 QB on our board (staff thinks there's a gap between him and Gardner- who is #2), so I'd say Michigan's chances with Gardner are a lot better than people thought a month or so ago. We're only taking 1 QB in this class.

ND is actually pushing gardner pretty hard as well as he is our #2 guy and heaps seems udub bound.

P-L
02-14-2009, 10:42 AM
I have heard for quite some time that there is a good chance Ohio State doesn't offer Gardner. I heard they were leaning towards a pro-style quarterback in between Pryor and Miller.

Hollywood
02-14-2009, 11:04 AM
did he get held back in school?:confused:

He is in a JUCO right now.

JoeyJr09
02-14-2009, 12:39 PM

This film is much, much more impressive then his ole sophomore film.

Still don't see the explosiveness that I want but he seems to be fast enough once he gets moving. Fluid hips, instinctive, aggressive, and very very smart. He never got caught out of position and he knew his reads and reacts very well. That is something we could use on our defense.

I feel better about taking him as a MLB for us after seeing the new film but I would mind him sheding a few pounds to try to get some of the explosiveness that is obviously lacking.

He says he wants to come to Miami and that he grew up a Miami fan. Just a matter following up our offer with some real interest and getting him to campus to lock him up.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-14-2009, 01:56 PM
I'm happy that I'll have the opportunity to sit back and watch other teams QB recruiting drama play out rather than have to deal with it as a PSU fan...FOR ONCE. :( Good times... :)

kwilk103
02-14-2009, 02:18 PM
ESPNU 150 Watch Lister De'Joshua Johnson told affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com, "I have a top five with Miami, Florida State, South Florida, West Virginia, and Alabama

JoeyJr09
02-14-2009, 02:42 PM
ESPNU 150 Watch Lister De'Joshua Johnson told affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com, "I have a top five with Miami, Florida State, South Florida, West Virginia, and Alabama

Only schools in that list that have a legit shot are Miami and FSU.

And the percentages are 99 FSU and 1 Miami.

Sniper
02-14-2009, 03:00 PM
I have heard for quite some time that there is a good chance Ohio State doesn't offer Gardner. I heard they were leaning towards a pro-style quarterback in between Pryor and Miller.

Montana isn't your pure, prototypical dropback passer. He's not Vince Young, but he's not Matt Leinart either. The kid can move fairly well.

TitanHope
02-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Just a matter of time before major violation number one.

*rolles eyes*

Teh Bama trolls are invading Vols forums sayin' stuff like this. Don't stoop to their level, sbh! ;)

BRAVEHEART
02-14-2009, 03:21 PM
*rolles eyes*

Teh Bama trolls are invading Vols forums sayin' stuff like this. Don't stoop to their level, sbh! ;)
It's too late, CUM has been attacked...that means war!!!:p

wicket
02-14-2009, 03:44 PM
irish have offered cody riggs one of the many good prospects of st thomas aquinas, we seem to be doing really well with guys from that school, I believe he is either a miami lock or an nd lock depending on what kinda guy he is. Can anyone help me here?

JoeyJr09
02-14-2009, 03:46 PM
irish have offered cody riggs one of the many good prospects of st thomas aquinas, we seem to be doing really well with guys from that school, I believe he is either a miami lock or an nd lock depending on what kinda guy he is. Can anyone help me here?

50/50 right now is what we've been told. He's torn on whether to leave the state or stay home.

Hollywood
02-14-2009, 04:05 PM
50/50 right now is what we've been told. He's torn on whether to leave the state or stay home.

I've also heard that we have offered all the big time St. Thomas kids except for Riggs, which shocked me as he is one of my favorite prospects in the state this year. He doesn't have the measurables but he just makes play at corner; he is a ball hawk but as we have seen - Shannon does not like corners with below average size unless they are blazers, which Riggs is not. It'd be a shame if we let him get away though and the crying of the fan base will be ten times as loud as the Hosley situation.

MDBALLER
02-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Many sites have Melvin Alaeze's little bro(Joshua Alaeze) as a top 250 recruit nationaly and is on the ESPN 150 watch list as well as the Rivals 250(I think). I am from the Baltimore-DC metro area and i would like to know how many would rate him,(* wise).Though i know to be among the top 250 or so in the nation means your a talented athlete, i believe he will be slighted in the near future due to the problems his brother faced. Just looking for opinions, please nothing beyond neccessary.Also am hearing him and Jordan Haden are major Florida leans,and that Jordan is already committed while Josh is waiting on a Florida offer. Not to suprising after i found out the fact that Josh works out with Joe haden Sr. and is somewhat close to there family.

This is a link to his highlight tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6ESGGYDAko

JoeyJr09
02-14-2009, 07:24 PM
I've also heard that we have offered all the big time St. Thomas kids except for Riggs, which shocked me as he is one of my favorite prospects in the state this year. He doesn't have the measurables but he just makes play at corner; he is a ball hawk but as we have seen - Shannon does not like corners with below average size unless they are blazers, which Riggs is not. It'd be a shame if we let him get away though and the crying of the fan base will be ten times as loud as the Hosley situation.

He's getting offered.

They held off for a bit but I'd be shocked if he doesnt get offer real soon. That's assuming he has has already been offered.

BigJohn98
02-14-2009, 09:46 PM

All Florida State.

sbh15
02-15-2009, 10:01 AM
To all of the Oregon fans who were drooling over Ivan McCartney calling Oregon a leader and thinking Miami fans were stupid because they thought they were in the lead, he said today he grew up a Miami fan and is waiting specifically on their offer...

UF/UM battle for sure, definitely a UM lean right now.

703SKINS202
02-15-2009, 11:56 AM
cp cp cp ccp

JoeyJr09
02-15-2009, 12:37 PM
To all of the Oregon fans who were drooling over Ivan McCartney calling Oregon a leader and thinking Miami fans were stupid because they thought they were in the lead, he said today he grew up a Miami fan and is waiting specifically on their offer...

Don't bother with them.

They've convinced themselves that they are gonna start pulling kids away from us and that we have no idea what we are talking about.

See the mess Bryce Brown started.

bwillie26
02-15-2009, 01:23 PM
Ohio State offered a huge safety from Klein, TX (JB Shugarts' high school), Luke Muncie. 6-3/210 safety, another Jermale Hines/Tyler Moeller type hybrid player. Offered by Texas A&M too. We need safeties, and 6-3/210 football players who are fast and can hit are never too many on your roster.

Muncie has LB written all over him. Kid would be an average safety, but could be a terror with his size and speed at LB.

Kid will probably be getting a Nebraska offer soon and it should be interesting. He's already been to one of junior days and could be at the other two. Should definitely be making it up to our Spring Game.

Also, any OU fans here? If so, how are you all standing with Connor Wood? I know it's pretty much a race between OU and UT for him. I am curious because I know how much of an OU fan that Blake Bell is and how it could sway him from us since you all are likely to offer if Wood goes to UT.

Hollywood
02-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I must have missed it by why is De' Joshua Johnson already considered such a lock for FSU?

kwilk103
02-15-2009, 01:59 PM

dont cout out wvu

teammates+coach is alum+coach wants him here

Hollywood
02-15-2009, 02:02 PM
dont cout out wvu

Sorry but if Miami offers him within the next 6 months count him out.

JoeyJr09
02-15-2009, 04:50 PM
dont cout out wvu

He wants Miami and family wants Miami.

If Miami offers, count everyone out.

JoeyJr09
02-15-2009, 04:52 PM
I must have missed it by why is De' Joshua Johnson already considered such a lock for FSU?

DJ has been an FSU lock for a long while now. Very doubtful he goes anywhere.

We are in one Zach Allen tho, the TE from Pahokee and we are trying to DJ though nothing is likely to come of that.

Good to see tho. We landed TB and Regis from the Muck in 2008. I wanna keep going back to that well and try to lock that area down as much as possible.

Bama9507
02-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Jalston Fowler commits to Bama

Title 3 bay bee coming soon

http://alabama.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=8&c=1&nid=4189321

sbh15
02-15-2009, 05:10 PM
Jalston Fowler commits to Bama

Title 3 bay bee coming soon

http://alabama.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=8&c=1&nid=4189321

Congrats you signed a Bama kid who won't even sniff the field behind Richardson and Ingram

JoeyJr09
02-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Congrats you signed a Bama kid who won't even sniff the field behind Richardson and Ingram

Not to mention he runs a 4.65 40 and his only offer is (surprise) Bama.

wicket
02-15-2009, 05:21 PM
besides that last year we won when it was taken into account who actually reached campus

Bama9507
02-16-2009, 08:42 AM
The hating on Bama is sad.

BigJohn98
02-16-2009, 08:50 AM
The hating on Bama is sad.

When every post you make is "another recruiting championship bay bee," no one is going to take you serious.

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 08:57 AM
BigJohn,

When is DJ Johnson supposed to commit to y'all?

I'm hoping by some miracle we can pull at CJ Holton with him.

I want him McCartney and Harris to be our 3 WRs in this class.

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 08:57 AM
LaMarcus Joyner's Columbus transfer fell thru.

He's looking to go to STA now which is even bigger for Miami considering we are likely getting 3-4 kids from them this year.

Sniper
02-16-2009, 09:00 AM

He's looking to go to STA now which is even bigger for Miami considering we are likely getting 3-4 kids from them this year.

Ohio State fans seem really confident with him to the point where they're hyping him up to be the #1 prospect in the country.

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Ohio State fans seem really confident with him to the point where they're hyping him up to be the #1 prospect in the country.

No one close to that situation from down here is taking OSU seriously for him.

Remember how confident they were in Brandon McGee?

Same thing from what we can tell.

It's an in state battle all the way.

Sniper
02-16-2009, 09:07 AM
No one close to that situation from down here is taking OSU seriously for him.

Remember how confident they were in Brandon McGee?

Same thing from what we can tell.

It's an in state battle all the way.

I didn't say I agreed with them. :D They're confident with everyone they offer.

ToldLikeItIs
02-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Treat, Steeler, any other Hawkeye fan..

AJ Derby could end up a 5*.

He would be our highest offensive skill position commitment since the rivals era began.

Derby and Dawson both made Scout's 100.

JoeyGenius, What do you think about Derby? Or is that too far from your Florida super spectrum? Thanks.

BigJohn98
02-16-2009, 10:00 AM
BigJohn,

When is DJ Johnson supposed to commit to y'all?

I'm hoping by some miracle we can pull at CJ Holton with him.

I want him McCartney and Harris to be our 3 WRs in this class.

Honestly dude, I have no idea. Hopefully soon. We're working hard on Dunkley. He said in an interview with Michael L that we are recruiting him the hardest. Hopefully it works out.

BigJohn98
02-16-2009, 10:01 AM

Apparently Deion is looking to mentor him. He was shadowing him at an Under Armour combine this weekend in Florida. Could be good for us.

Joyner ran a 4.47 at the combine.

keylime_5
02-16-2009, 10:13 AM
Apparently Deion is looking to mentor him. He was shadowing him at an Under Armour combine this weekend in Florida. Could be good for us.

Joyner ran a 4.47 at the combine.

This is what his uncle said about that over on BuckeyePlanet:

I was hanging out with Chris Carter and Duron at the under armour combine today. MAn I didnt want LJ to anything today b/c I've been working him hard. Yesterday I had him at the beach running the sand and water so his legs were dead. But Carter got in his head and after LJ saw Deion he got hyped. Ran a 4.47 40, actually slower than last yrs 4.34 but thats with heavy legs. Fastest time on the L-drill 7.0.

His uncle makes it sound like an FSU, OSU, UF battle all the way too. I think Florida State is definitely the team to beat, but we have a good chance our selves.

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 10:18 AM
This is what his uncle said about that over on BuckeyePlanet:

His uncle makes it sound like an FSU, OSU, UF battle all the way too. I think Florida State is definitely the team to beat, but we have a good chance our selves.

You obviously know nothing about his uncle.

keylime_5
02-16-2009, 10:41 AM
You obviously know nothing about his uncle.

I know everything he's posted on the BP and BSB forums, he's a canes fan but I would be surprised if Miami ended up getting Joyner. I think Florida State is the school to beat, but they are anything but a lock to get him.

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 11:01 AM
pahokee lb zachary allen likes wvu the most

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 11:44 AM
I know everything he's posted on the BP and BSB forums, he's a canes fan but I would be surprised if Miami ended up getting Joyner. I think Florida State is the school to beat, but they are anything but a lock to get him.

Hes not really a big fan of anyone. More he helps UF more then Miami anyways. I cant remember which coach it is but he has a longstanding relationship which someone on UFs staff. He trains kids down here and has regularly pushed them to UF. If his uncle starts acting like an advisor instead of a parent, OSU and Miami are both screwed.

His uncle will push UF and has great contacts because of the Dieon Sanders situation.

OSU is just the hot topic now because they are the newest school in the mix and hes been around Cris Carter with the impending transfer to STA. As soon as this school year is over and Cris backs off with Duron not being there, ull see OSU talk die down.

FSU has always been the leader, UF is in the mix and Miami has too much in their favor to not be a factor throughout.

Plus hes annoucing on NSD. That will always be a bad thing for OSU when it comes to SoFla recruits.

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 11:50 AM
pahokee lb zachary allen likes wvu the most

Source?

We offered but havent heard how hrd we are pushing or how much interest he has in us.

wicket
02-16-2009, 12:01 PM
we have an even better chance at LaMarcus Joyner than OSU imo, at least we offer something that the florida school dont offer, imo osu not so much.

Sniper
02-16-2009, 12:17 PM
we have an even better chance at LaMarcus Joyner than OSU imo, at least we offer something that the florida school dont offer, imo osu not so much.

What is it that you offer that's so super duper? OSU is Cornerback U. That's something the Florida schools don't offer.

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 12:30 PM

Joyner is from MNW district of Liberty City. He only went to Southwest for a specialty program. But he was supposed to go to MNW.

With all that said, who was the last kid from Liberty City that ND got?

ND has no shot here.

keylime_5
02-16-2009, 01:41 PM

Ohio State has by far the best chances of any OOS school with Joyner right now. The cornerback factory pitch and the fact that guys like Sabino, Travis Howard, Duron Carter, and most especially Jaamal Berry are up there already is an attractive situation. He'll be up in Columbus for the spring game and of course he'll probably call us his leader after that, but if it goes down to NLOID then I think our chances aren't as good (as if say he decides before January 2010). It would be hard for us to get Joyner out of Florida simply because we'd have to stay on him hard all year knowing that the Big 3 will be doing that (but with better resources like distance), but getting OSU getting LJ is do-able, though not easy.

keylime_5
02-16-2009, 01:53 PM
I saw Nick Montana got an offer from Fla. State. It should be interesting to see where he ends up rated nationally as a QB prospect. There's gonna be some injustice of rating him too high or too low by some people I can tell just b/c of who his dad is.