PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

ToldLikeItIs
01-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Hindsight, I'm not kidding this time, do you think about "ToldLikeItIs", outside of this board?

Ferentz doesn't want the kid. How many other coaches turn down an in-home to the #2 recruit in the entire country? Read between the lines.

sbh15
01-21-2010, 04:07 PM
I'd place Louis below about 5 other WR's who we have a shot at now, I don't think there was every any real word about him switching to UF except during the week of the UAA game, and even then it was just talk.

BigJohn98
01-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Hindsight, I'm not kidding this time, do you think about "ToldLikeItIs", outside of this board?

Ferentz doesn't want the kid. How many other coaches turn down an in-home to the #2 recruit in the entire country? Read between the lines.

Lol. Ok chief.

HindSight
01-21-2010, 04:39 PM
Your pathetic attempts at trying to change the subject aside.....this is exactly what I expected you to say.

So you're telling me Iowa dropped him, he didn't drop Iowa?

iowatreat54
01-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Your pathetic attempts at trying to change the subject aside.....this is exactly what I expected you to say.

So you're telling me Iowa dropped him, he didn't drop Iowa?

Well, technically it could be either way. Ferentz could have realized it was a lost cause and said **** it, then canceled and decided to stop recruiting him. Or Ferentz could have canceled his visit and the Hendersons said **** this and dropped Iowa.

Really, I don't know if there's any way to tell who did what first, but the matter of it is that Henderson previously had interest in attending Iowa and it appears that now that ship has sailed. If Iowa and Seantrel are completely done with one another, it really doesn't matter who dropped who (Told).

keylime_5
01-21-2010, 04:58 PM
I'd place Louis below about 5 other WR's who we have a shot at now, I don't think there was every any real word about him switching to UF except during the week of the UAA game, and even then it was just talk.

well we can't all be putting together the class that Florida is with McCartney, Dunkley, Coxson, Green, etc. as WRs they have at least a shot at. :)

sbh15
01-21-2010, 05:03 PM
well we can't all be putting together the class that Florida is with McCartney, Dunkley, Coxson, Green, etc. as WRs they have at least a shot at. :)

I'm saying Louis is bad for the record, most years I'd probably love to take him, but our class is so strong, and Louis just isn't quite up to snuff with the rest of them.

HindSight
01-21-2010, 05:55 PM
Well, technically it could be either way. Ferentz could have realized it was a lost cause and said **** it, then canceled and decided to stop recruiting him. Or Ferentz could have canceled his visit and the Hendersons said **** this and dropped Iowa.

Really, I don't know if there's any way to tell who did what first, but the matter of it is that Henderson previously had interest in attending Iowa and it appears that now that ship has sailed. If Iowa and Seantrel are completely done with one another, it really doesn't matter who dropped who (Told).
Outside of Told, who is saying that Iowa even had a chance here? I never saw them in any of his updates. Your first option is thousands of times more probable than your second. Even if he did have some secret fascination in Iowa that didn't show up in any recruiting updates......why in the hell would somebody drop the #1 player in the country?

bearsfan_51
01-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Ferentz doesn't want the kid.
Hahaha....et tu, Told?

This is a level of self-delusion I simply can't even fathom. Maybe I'm being unfair in attributing this just to Iowa fans, but I seriously can't think of another fan base that absorbed in its own B.S.

P-L
01-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Outside of Told, who is saying that Iowa even had a chance here? I never saw them in any of his updates. Your first option is thousands of times more probable than your second. Even if he did have some secret fascination in Iowa that didn't show up in any recruiting updates......why in the hell would somebody drop the #1 player in the country?
Iowa has always been in the picture, just not to the extent that Told wanted us to believe. They were in his top seven and then they'd pop up every now and then, but they weren't as high on his list like some of the other schools that he clearly favored more.

JayP
01-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Anthony Barr verballed to UCLA.

Blake Lueders flipped his commitment from ND to Stanford.

Sucky day to be an Irish fan recruiting-wise. But decommits were bound to happen with Weis being let go. Considering everything I've heard that Kelly did to try and keep the class together, I'm not horribly upset.

iowatreat54
01-21-2010, 06:54 PM

Why was there an in home visit if he wasn't interested in Iowa? Iowa was a part of his final 8. I'm not saying he was deciding between Iowa and the school he eventually goes to, but don't act like he had absolutely no interest in Iowa because then you just sound dumb.

And I said the reason Ferentz canceled was likely because he realized that Seantrel wasn't coming to Iowa. That doesn't mean there was never interest, it means that he has more interest in going to some other school. If Seantrel goes to Florida, are you telling me he had no interest in OSU, USC, Minnesota, Miami, etc.?

Again, I don't know what happened and I'm not pretending to, but it's quite obvious that there was at least mutual interest between the two parties as recent as a week ago. This late in the process, you don't let a random coach come into your house to talk to you about football if your mind is already set on one or a handful of teams.

ToldLikeItIs
01-21-2010, 07:24 PM
You have to love Ferentz for it. We've been in his top three for months. Sean put him ever the edge (the father).

I have no problem with this kid going to Ohio State. Alex Boone and Mike Adams have paid off thus far, but will he even get in?

Information on Anthony Hitchens please?

Hines
01-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I'd love to see any realistic information of Seantrel having Iowa in his top three. Show me a quote he said, and I MIGHT believe it.

In other news, looks like Penn State might not land Michael Thornton. Sigh.

BigJohn98
01-21-2010, 08:23 PM
I'd love to know how Iowa was in his top three for months when they didn't even get an official.

Do you wake up everyday and think about what kind of crap you can pull out of your ass?

HindSight
01-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Why is this clown even allowed to post here? Aren't you supposed to post links for things in this forum?

kwilk103
01-21-2010, 09:47 PM
travis bell is 50/50 between marshall/wvu

was wvu committ, then flipped to marshall, now is 50/50

expect him to be a mountaineer in the end

BamaFalcon59
01-21-2010, 10:12 PM
all i'm hearing is that he's gonna visit Va Tech at the end of the month and the rivals VT guy is giddy about it, but I really don't expect much to come of it. The rumors about Louis switching his verbal have been going on for many months. He is tight with Keith Byars, and he might take a visit to UNC as well. His mom wants him to take visits and Tressel encourages his recruits to visit everywhere to be sure they want to be Buckeyes.

He may visit, but Mark Leal has a decent shot at coming with him.

Also, it's not just Brian. An insider or two are also feeling good about the situation.

And unlike some of these teams who have just jumped in, VT has been there since the beginning for Louis.

IDK, we'll see.

Darksider
01-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Markeith Ambles on ustream right now.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mambles

BPhilb
01-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Hahaha....et tu, Told?

This is a level of self-delusion I simply can't even fathom. Maybe I'm being unfair in attributing this just to Iowa fans, but I seriously can't think of another fan base that absorbed in its own B.S.

I'm still thinking Henderson is going to come to Missouri after Pinkle offers him the chance to play fullback in our spread offense. Actually, I'm predicting this is going to happen. :)

JRTPlaya21
01-22-2010, 12:45 PM
Anthony Barr to UCLA

drowe
01-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Why is this clown even allowed to post here? Aren't you supposed to post links for things in this forum?

We should petition an admin to change his name to "ToldlikeIwantittobe"

drowe
01-22-2010, 02:45 PM
So, Told,
You recently started two (2) threads bragging about how right you were about a runningback because he had 2 good playoff games (and we were all real proud of you).

But, you staked your reputation on this bold prediction. And you were wrong. It seems only fair that you would start a thread announcing how wrong you were. So, when and where can we expect this thread?

ToldLikeItIs
01-22-2010, 03:44 PM
Hardly staked my rep.

I made a prediction, and was wrong, due to change. It happens.

ToldLikeItIs
01-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Philb,

Tell me about this Dorial Green character.

bearsfan_51
01-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Hardly staked my rep.

Haha...."due to change." The change was that reality hit your 24 posts of ******** like a mack truck. You're still acting like you knew what you were talking about even when you're dead ass wrong. I'd say the reputation holds up nicely actually.

Hines
01-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Told didn't make a prediction, he kept saying that Seantrel was going to be at Iowa in the fall.

Darksider
01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Justin Hunter's recruiter for Tennessee is bolting for USC...

TitanHope
01-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Justin Hunter's recruiter for Tennessee is bolting for USC...

Hunter's HS coach, dad, and uncle have said that he's still a solid commitment to UT, and Dooley went to the in-home visits with Garza as well so there's still an established relationship there.

Besides, Garza coached DB's, not WR's. And I read it was explained to Hunter that the possibility of Garza leaving was very possible.

That doesn't mean another school could end up changing his mind though.

BPhilb
01-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Philb,

Tell me about this Dorial Green character.

The kid is insane. Could very well be the best player to ever come out of the state of Missouri. I truely believe that he will make an impact as a freshman wherever he goes. I know he likes Missouri, but I imagine when all is said and done every school in the country will have an offer out to him. He's going to be a fun one to watch for 2012.

Darksider
01-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Hunter's HS coach, dad, and uncle have said that he's still a solid commitment to UT, and Dooley went to the in-home visits with Garza as well so there's still an established relationship there.

Besides, Garza coached DB's, not WR's. And I read it was explained to Hunter that the possibility of Garza leaving was very possible.

That doesn't mean another school could end up changing his mind though.

well...

Per Hooker, Mrs Hunter is very upset at the departure of Willie Mack Garza to USC. The recruitment of the WR prospect is back open.
She said these kids are treated like commodities and that she suspects Garza new he was leaving all along.

Gloria Hunter said her son is now considering LSU, Florida, Alabama, USC and UT. She added that the coaches switching jobs so freely is “so sad.”

And Kiffin is personally recruiting him now.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/67014-10-va-wr-justin-hunter-32.html

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/jan/22/garza-out-kinshaw-ut-coaching-staff/

critesy
01-23-2010, 10:31 PM
marcus lattimore didnt take an unofficial visit today to auburn, he was contemplating it. :(

TitanHope
01-23-2010, 10:43 PM
well...

And Kiffin is personally recruiting him now.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-recruiting/67014-10-va-wr-justin-hunter-32.html

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/jan/22/garza-out-kinshaw-ut-coaching-staff/

Dave Hooker is terrible. A lot of the UT beat writers, Knoxville area writers, and UT bloggers are bad. GoVolsXtra had "BREAKING NEWS: David Cutcliffe to be next Head Coach!!!" A lot of them showed how eager they were to be the first to crack the story. Hooker's been the only one to report that Hunter's commitment is even close to wavering. Not saying that what his mom said doesn't have merit, but she sounded angry - so maybe it was mostly emotion talking about where her son would go.

I'd say Wes Rucker and Brent Hubbs are the most accountable. Rucker was the one who reported that he spoke with Hunter's coach, dad, and uncle, and was told he's still a solid commit. I believe Hubbs has stated that he thinks Hunter will stay as well. So the more accountable guys have contradicted Hooker.

But like I said, doesn't mean he won't change his mind. Just saying he's still a solid commitment.

Anyway, S Eddrick Loften committed to the Vols today!

Hines
01-23-2010, 11:32 PM
marcus lattimore didnt take an unofficial visit today to auburn, he was contemplating it. :(

Guess that means it is probably South Carolina.

M.O.T.H.
01-24-2010, 01:42 AM

Hopefully he takes pity on us, we've had a rough month.

Darksider
01-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Dave Hooker is terrible. A lot of the UT beat writers, Knoxville area writers, and UT bloggers are bad. GoVolsXtra had "BREAKING NEWS: David Cutcliffe to be next Head Coach!!!" A lot of them showed how eager they were to be the first to crack the story. Hooker's been the only one to report that Hunter's commitment is even close to wavering. Not saying that what his mom said doesn't have merit, but she sounded angry - so maybe it was mostly emotion talking about where her son would go.

I'd say Wes Rucker and Brent Hubbs are the most accountable. Rucker was the one who reported that he spoke with Hunter's coach, dad, and uncle, and was told he's still a solid commit. I believe Hubbs has stated that he thinks Hunter will stay as well. So the more accountable guys have contradicted Hooker.

But like I said, doesn't mean he won't change his mind. Just saying he's still a solid commitment.

Anyway, S Eddrick Loften committed to the Vols today!i figured lol. this thread had been dead a while, trying to spice it up!

BTW, seriously congrats on getting Dooley. UT might have to be my 3rd fav SEC team now lol.

Sniper
01-24-2010, 12:28 PM
OH DL Jibreel Black de-commits from Cincinnati and commits to Michigan!

bearsfan_51
01-24-2010, 12:37 PM
That's a nice pickup for Michigan. How many are they going to try and take in this class?

P-L
01-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Interesting. Our class is now full and Sean Parker and Rashad Knight both have major interest. I wonder how the staff will find room if one or both want to commit.

Sniper
01-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Interesting. Our class is now full and Sean Parker and Rashad Knight both have major interest. I wonder how the staff will find room if one or both want to commit.

Apparently, UM is recruiting as if they have two spots left after the Black commit. They have 26 right now, but Tony Drake won't be a part of the class and they might get one of the commits to grayshirt. Also, Demar Dorsey is apparently interested in UM, but he'll probably go to UF or FSU.

Silver & Blue
01-24-2010, 01:25 PM

Awesome! I heard he was visiting this weekend. We need all the defensive help we can get.

Hines
01-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Since Michael Thornton is heading elsewhere it seems(I read USC is high on his list), Penn State offered Bruce Gaston from Chicago.

TitanHope
01-24-2010, 03:03 PM
3* DE/OLB Martaze Jackson committed to the Vols!

3rd player Dooley has picked up this week, including Hunter and Loften.

critesy
01-24-2010, 04:29 PM
dyer looking ****** sexy

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt341/bcblair/Auburn%20Public/20250_1330Dyer.jpg

P-L
01-24-2010, 08:25 PM
What's going on with Jordan Hicks. It seemed that Ohio State fans had conceded that he was going down south, but now both Allen Wallace and Allen Trieu of Scout.com predict he is going to pick the Buckeyes.

sbh15
01-24-2010, 08:27 PM
What's going on with Jordan Hicks. It seemed that Ohio State fans had conceded that he was going down south, but now both Allen Wallace and Allen Trieu of Scout.com predict he is going to pick the Buckeyes.

It was pretty widely thought that if Hicks didn't enroll to Texas early, he wasn't going to go there. What I don't get about Buckeye thinking is that it's also pretty widely thought that the only thing keeping Jordan Hicks from being a Gator is his mom's love of Mack Brown and UT.

keylime_5
01-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Dave Berk said his best source says Hicks is gonna enroll at Ohio State in march, so the scout guys predicting Hicks to OSU stems from that bit of info from Berk. I think Greg Powers said he heard the same thing as well. Both the OSU insiders on BSB predict Hicks to Texas and said they hope they're wrong. That's what's up.

P-L
01-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Well I hope the BSB insiders are right. I think Jordan Hicks is one of the top five players in this class and I don't want him anywhere near the Big Ten, much less in Columbus.

jballa838
01-24-2010, 10:29 PM
is Seastrunk going to UO or Memphis or LSU or what?

JRTPlaya21
01-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Possibly Baylor maybe..

critesy
01-24-2010, 11:05 PM
baylor, memphis or oregon im sayin.

going with memphis hah

TitanHope
01-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Vols picked up a 2nd LB today (and 4th commit this week) with 4* JUCO LB Glenn Stanley committing. At 6'2, 245 lbs, he's the #3 JUCO LB, and #12 JUCO player overall.

mat33
01-24-2010, 11:25 PM
Blake Leuder flipped his commitment from Notre Dame to Stanford today.

CashmoneyDrew
01-25-2010, 12:46 AM
Vols picked up a 2nd LB today (and 4th commit this week) with 4* JUCO LB Glenn Stanley committing. At 6'2, 245 lbs, he's the #3 JUCO LB, and #12 JUCO player overall.

And apparently runs a 4.42.

critesy
01-25-2010, 12:57 AM
very solid pick up for tenn and dooley.

TitanHope
01-25-2010, 12:58 AM
And apparently runs a 4.42.

Hmmm, dunno if that's true. But from the looks of his highlights, he's pretty fast. He's got speed...just don't think it's 4.42 speed. Either way, awesome get! Get you some, Dooley!

M.O.T.H.
01-25-2010, 08:00 AM
SCAR signed their "sleeper" that they've been sitting on for a while. No name DE, Corey Simmons. Recruited by such power houses as UCF, Samford, and Western Carolina. 6'4 220 pounds and he runs a 5.2. ugh.

I'm sorry but this kid doesnt scream SEC football player to me. They've been talking him up quite a bit, too.

His only redeeming quality right now is that his daddy is Clyde Simmons.

Dagagad
01-25-2010, 08:08 AM
What's up in Miami? They don't seem to be getting the caliber of guys I'd expect . Are they going for a very specific type of player over stars or it some other reason?

HindSight
01-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Hardly staked my rep.

What change was that?

bwillie26
01-25-2010, 09:12 AM
is Seastrunk going to UO or Memphis or LSU or what?

Whoever is the highest bidder. :)

Notredameleo
01-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Louisville got a commitment from Jake Smith, a 4 star on rivals, but a 1 star on scout? Im very impressed with Strongs recruiting.

bearsfan_51
01-25-2010, 11:35 AM
What's up in Miami? They don't seem to be getting the caliber of guys I'd expect . Are they going for a very specific type of player over stars or it some other reason?
You have to start winning after a while.

Punisher
01-25-2010, 12:40 PM
http://footballnetwork.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/5-star-wr-markeith-ambles-committed-to-usc/
Markeith Ambles commits to USC

Prater,Woods and Ambles all in one class?

edit-link looks a bit shady,but this rumor has been spreading since he arrived on his visit this weekend.

draftguru151
01-25-2010, 01:35 PM

The "top ranked" guys had little to no interest in Miami this year, not much the coaches could do with them. Also most people would say rivals/scout is really underrating UM players this year. Jeremy Davis and Kevin Nelson are both insanely underrated. 2 rivals100 guys are very legit options for the Canes as well so the class likely ends up in the top 15, in a recruiting year that hasn't been that great but much better than it looks on the recruiting sites.

CashmoneyDrew
01-25-2010, 01:50 PM
http://footballnetwork.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/5-star-wr-markeith-ambles-committed-to-usc/
Markeith Ambles commits to USC

Prater,Woods and Ambles all in one class?

edit-link looks a bit shady,but this rumor has been spreading since he arrived on his visit this weekend.

HqVBKO_QM3o

:25 seconds

"Let me show you my shocked face. HOOOAHHH!"

critesy
01-25-2010, 03:40 PM
darius robinson, cb 4* clemson commit, looking into auburn apparently.

kwilk103
01-25-2010, 04:46 PM
brunetti confirms commitment to wvu

roidrunner
01-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Louisville got a commitment from Jake Smith, a 4 star on rivals, but a 1 star on scout? Im very impressed with Strongs recruiting.

ESPN has him as a high 2 star. so my guess is he will end up being a 2-3 star prospect.

sbh15
01-25-2010, 05:52 PM
He's actually unranked on Rivals, and was previously committed to UAB.

The 4* is the fan rating.

keylime_5
01-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Christian Bryant picks his school tomorrow at 3PM between Ohio State and North Carolina.

Punisher
01-25-2010, 07:47 PM
http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113518

Ambles to USC rumor proves to be false.
Why Lane is recruiting this headcase is my question. USC is far and away okay with receiver in this class, and have the lead for guys like Blackwell and Farmer next year.

P-L
01-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Christian Bryant picks his school tomorrow at 3PM between Ohio State and North Carolina.
This is almost as suspenseful as the Terrelle Pryor announcement.

keylime_5
01-25-2010, 08:30 PM
This is almost as suspenseful as the Terrelle Pryor announcement.

he could be fooling but he put this on twitter:

" Coach Jim Tressel is on his way to my house to make his last run at me before tomorrow! Ppl are in for a surprise on my decision haha"

To which Jermale Hines Tweeted in reply: I swear you betta come here trust me

Sniper
01-25-2010, 10:10 PM
http://www.tomahawknation.com/2010/1/25/1267543/lauderdale-lakes-fl-safety-demar

Demar Dorsey to Florida State.

thebow305
01-25-2010, 11:19 PM
You have to start winning after a while.

We're improved by 2 games every year since Shannon took over. That's not the problem this year.

bearsfan_51
01-25-2010, 11:29 PM
That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be that Miami hasn't been in contention for anything serious since 2003. Meanwhile, 27 different teams have played in a BCS bowl.

kwilk103
01-26-2010, 12:33 AM
ivan mccartney has made his decision, and is visiting um this week

wvu is hearing good things

Dagagad
01-26-2010, 12:42 AM
That's one way of looking at it. Another way would be that Miami hasn't been in contention for anything serious since 2003. Meanwhile, 27 different teams have played in a BCS bowl.

Are Miami as rich as the SEC schools? maybe they don't have the recruiting teams/budgets these other schools have, especially since good south florida recruiters are such a hot commodity.

I would expect for Miami to dominate South Florida on a yearly basis.

djp
01-26-2010, 12:49 AM

Miami was in contention for the national championship in 2005 - one loss by Texas or USC that season puts Miami in the national championship prior to Georgia Tech loss

Yes, they took a nosedive in 06 and 07, but leveled off in 08, were in serious contention for a BCS Bowl again this year, and appear to be a preseason top 12 team next year with an absolutely loaded team coming back.

To say they haven't been in contention for anything serious or relevant since 2003 is pretty foolish in my opinion.

djp
01-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Are Miami as rich as the SEC schools? maybe they don't have the recruiting teams/budgets these other schools have, especially since good south florida recruiters are such a hot commodity.

I would expect for Miami to dominate South Florida on a yearly basis.

They are a small private school with an extremely small athletic budget. It's no secret that Miami is a poor school in terms of athletic finances.

But they still landed the #1 class in 2008 with the same budget. Miami needs to feed off primarily South Florida kids, and this year, that's just not happening for whatever reason whether it be depth charts, better opportunities elsewhere, wanting to leave home, or just plain not interested. Shannon is trying not to throw scholarships to any old Miami area high school football players.. he wants players to earn it, not receive one because they are local.

Teams have figured out in a big way that recruiting South Florida is a must for any school that's trying to compete at a national level, as well.

bearsfan_51
01-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Miami was in contention for the national championship in 2005 - one loss by Texas or USC that season puts Miami in the national championship prior to Georgia Tech loss

Yes, they took a nosedive in 06 and 07, but leveled off in 08, were in serious contention for a BCS Bowl again this year, and appear to be a preseason top 12 team next year with an absolutely loaded team coming back.
I will admit that if it weren't for losing, Miami definitely would have been in a BCS bowl.

kwilk103
01-26-2010, 01:59 AM
They are a small private school with an extremely small athletic budget. It's no secret that Miami is a poor school in terms of athletic finances.

But they still landed the #1 class in 2008 with the same budget. Miami needs to feed off primarily South Florida kids, and this year, that's just not happening for whatever reason whether it be depth charts, better opportunities elsewhere, wanting to leave home, or just plain not interested. Shannon is trying not to throw scholarships to any old Miami area high school football players.. he wants players to earn it, not receive one because they are local.

Teams have figured out in a big way that recruiting South Florida is a must for any school that's trying to compete at a national level, as well.

i dont buy the depth chart point

teams like uf, usc, texas are loaded and still get top 5-10 classes every year

HindSight
01-26-2010, 09:12 AM
http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113518

Ambles to USC rumor proves to be false.
Why Lane is recruiting this headcase is my question. USC is far and away okay with receiver in this class, and have the lead for guys like Blackwell and Farmer next year.
Um.....you're talking about Lane Kiffin.

HindSight
01-26-2010, 09:13 AM
I will admit that if it weren't for losing, Miami definitely would have been in a BCS bowl.
lol
----------------

tolnaballa
01-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Really bearsfan? Really, what has Minnesota done in the last 10 years? Made a lot of noise right?

Your knocking the U, for having to down years, and there down years records were still as good as Minnesota's.

HindSight
01-26-2010, 09:31 AM
What does Minnesota have to do with it? What if a Florida fan brought up the same questions and you weren't able to use the "at least we're better than you" defense?

Sniper
01-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Really bearsfan? Really, what has Minnesota done in the last 10 years? Made a lot of noise right?

Your knocking the U, for having to down years, and there down years records were still as good as Minnesota's.

I don't recall bf51 saying anything about Minnesota. Someone asked about Miami and he replied.

And dear Lord, can we touch up that grammar?

djp
01-26-2010, 10:45 AM

Being in and in contention with a BCS bowl are two different things, are they not?

ToldLikeItIs
01-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Bf ...

+1

BigJohn98
01-26-2010, 11:51 AM
http://www.tomahawknation.com/2010/1/25/1267543/lauderdale-lakes-fl-safety-demar

Demar Dorsey to Florida State.

I'll wait til I see it on Warchant to believe it.

keylime_5
01-26-2010, 01:32 PM
bryant announces for ohio state in about a half an hour. I think I'll post an update every 5 minutes until he does.....or better yet I'll start a new thread on the subject. the suspense is riveting.

djp
01-26-2010, 01:52 PM

To defend bf51 like others have, he's never claimed Minnesota to be good at football. In fact, it's quite the contrary and he's probably the most realistic poster in this thread.

I just think his definition of "in contention" is different than most people's, I suppose.

Look, I am not saying that Miami is an elite program again. You're right, they haven't been to a BCS bowl for awhile now, but the program is clearly trending upwards.

The reason they started to get crappy was a combination of a number of things.

For one, the SEC got a hell of a lot better, mainly Florida. Urban Meyer has been the worst thing to happen to Miami in a long time. Add in the emergence of USF (who's taking the academically questionable kids and running with them), the presence that West Virginia, Rutgers, and FSU have made in South Florida.. you've got yourself a battle with a lot of kids that would normally be dying to get an offer from UM. They have options now.

Secondly, the program was undoubtedly ravaged by the NFL. It wasn't just the stars like Sean Taylor, Andre Johnson, Willis McGahee, Kellen Winslow, but a lot of marginal players as well jumping to the NFL that really depleted the depth of the team.

Third, Larry Coker. Not much more to be said here. He was not the right coach for this team. Long story short, he tried to and unsuccessfully expand the program's recruiting base nationally, allowing other schools such as the aforementioned WVU, Rutgers, USF, and FSU to come into Dade County and take players that weren't necessarily stars, but solid players that should have indeed earned scholarships from Miami.

Fourth, the program busted @ QB with Wright, Freeman, and Marve. Call it bad coaching, call them overrated, it really doesn't matter. The most important position in college football was a point of weakness for the 05-08 teams.

I expect a good close from Randy Shannon this year, and even if he's not the long-term coach here, he's definitely taken the program back in the right direction.

keylime_5
01-26-2010, 02:05 PM
http://bucknuts.com/index.php/Football-Recruiting-Article/bryant-is-a-buckeye/menu-id-1346.html

sbh15
01-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Miami's classes usually fluctuate based on South Florida talent, especially during a stretch in which they haven't been the premier FL team. Usually they can recruit other areas well, but it's hard without the results.

Look out for their class next year. Teddy Bridgewater as a headliner.

draftguru151
01-26-2010, 03:47 PM
ivan mccartney has made his decision, and is visiting um this week

wvu is hearing good things

His coach said that he hasn't made a decision yet.

And heard the complete opposite, McCartney and Canes coaches are trying as hard as they can to get him into Miami.

thebow305
01-26-2010, 06:48 PM

Well, unlike the majority of Miami fans down here, I'm an optimist, and that's how I'm going to look at it. :)

kwilk103
01-26-2010, 06:50 PM
His coach said that he hasn't made a decision yet.

And heard the complete opposite, McCartney and Canes coaches are trying as hard as they can to get him into Miami.

yea, cogdell said the sun-sentinal article was wrong

roidrunner
01-26-2010, 06:51 PM
Miami's classes usually fluctuate based on South Florida talent, especially during a stretch in which they haven't been the premier FL team. Usually they can recruit other areas well, but it's hard without the results.

Look out for their class next year. Teddy Bridgewater as a headliner.

rumor is bridgewater is seriously looking at Louisville.

CashmoneyDrew
01-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Looks like Tennessee is going to land a 3 star OG from Texas. Dalvin Glass.

critesy
01-26-2010, 07:04 PM
lemonier down to FSU and AU.

djp
01-26-2010, 07:09 PM
rumor is bridgewater is seriously looking at Louisville.

Bridgewater is seriously looking at Georgia. If he goes anywhere other than UM, it will be there.

I'm not making any guarantees, but this kid's a program changer unlike anyone the city of Miami has churned out in a very long time. He is already Shannon's #1 priority. Miami has an extremely favorable depth chart as well. I would be very surprised if TBW is not signing an LOI for Miami come next February.

djp
01-26-2010, 07:13 PM
lemonier down to FSU and AU.

Yeah, Miami fans have been hearing he's going to Florida State for awhile now. Another stud for that class if true.

OregonDucks
01-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Im a student at UO and I keep hearing rumblings that seastrunk is a silent commit to UO. Usually silent commits arent very reliable considering he doesnt want anyone to know about it.

keylime_5
01-26-2010, 07:58 PM
i think most have been expecting Lache to UO for a little while now. I thought he was a good candidate to be a bust at some schools since he's not a conventional everydown runningback....but at Oregon in their system with all that great misdirection they run and that fast pace offense Seastrunk can really flourish.

Da Big Harv
01-26-2010, 08:01 PM
my moneys on Lache to Baylor

critesy
01-26-2010, 08:28 PM
im coming out and saying lemonier to AU.

that is my bold prediction. :)

OregonDucks
01-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Baylor? WHy Baylor?

critesy
01-26-2010, 09:58 PM
just realized that the last 4 prospects auburn wants are against the instate team. oh no.

bearsfan_51
01-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Being in and in contention with a BCS bowl are two different things, are they not?
They are, but my original point was that I believe a lack of success has started to catch up with Miami on the recruiting trail (I could totally be wrong, by the way, I'm just venturing a guess).

You can only go on the past for so long. For a lot of these recruits, they were 12 the last time Miami won a really big game. Maybe that matters, maybe it doesn't, but being involved in big games and then losing them hardly proves me wrong. Using 2005 as an example again, Miami started off highly ranked and made it up to #3 by beating one ranked team, only to then lose to Georgia Tech and then get crushed by LSU. Yes, logistically they were "in contention", but in reality they failed, hard. If you don't start winning big games, after a while the talk about being on the upswing is just hot air.

bearsfan_51
01-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Well that's certainly something to hang your hat on.

Hines
01-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Bruce Gaston choses Purdue. Nice pickup for them.

Guess PSU still has a great shot at Thornton.

bearsfan_51
01-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Josh Huff has now committed to:

-Utah
-Minnesota
-TCU
-Oregon

I've seen strippers with a deeper sense of loyalty.

tolnaballa
01-26-2010, 10:22 PM
I don't know whose all interested, but here is some info on Ivan McCartney. I found this from the Miami Herald.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=13&f=2928&t=5526885

Hey bearsfan, I apologize for calling out the Gophers. I think it is just my deep hatred for them in Mens College Hockey. Go Sioux and North Dakota.

CashmoneyDrew
01-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Rumor over on Volnation is that after his visit this past weekend, the Vols are very much in it with Da'Rick Rogers.

djp
01-26-2010, 11:27 PM
They are, but my original point was that I believe a lack of success has started to catch up with Miami on the recruiting trail (I could totally be wrong, by the way, I'm just venturing a guess).

You can only go on the past for so long. For a lot of these recruits, they were 12 the last time Miami won a really big game. Maybe that matters, maybe it doesn't, but being involved in big games and then losing them hardly proves me wrong. Using 2005 as an example again, Miami started off highly ranked and made it up to #3 by beating one ranked team, only to then lose to Georgia Tech and then get crushed by LSU. Yes, logistically they were "in contention", but in reality they failed, hard. If you don't start winning big games, after a while the talk about being on the upswing is just hot air.

It's a definite factor, but Miami was never really bringing in top classes anyways before their dynasty. The two classes that brought most of the studs to Miami were not very highly ranked. Dorsey, Ed Reed, McKinnie, Gonzalez were all "sleepers" at the time of their recruitment.

Other than the 2008 class (pretty much all South Floridians), the "highly ranked" classes that Miami brought in during the Coker years were for the most part, pretty awful. Also, the #1 ranked 2008 class was after the worst year Miami football has had since the probation years. So, what makes it different this year from the past years Miami won 7-8 games? Especially considering the fact that the team actually improved on the field and nearly won 10 games?

Miami is and will always be dependent on the talent level of Dade County. It's just the way it is.

Giantsfan1080
01-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Anyone know if Jeremy Deering is leaning towards Rutgers or FSU?

cdub11
01-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Im guessing Lache to Baylor

cdub11
01-26-2010, 11:52 PM
from a texas site, texas assistants Bobby Kennedy and Oscar Giles were at Jackson Jeffcoats game tonight sitting with his mother

OregonDucks
01-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Im guessing Lache to Baylor

Why do you say that?

cdub11
01-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Why do you say that?

Highest Bidder :D

close to home, ahmad dixon going there, likes the idea of playing with RGIII, said he has a plan that will surprise everyone

OregonDucks
01-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Really? UH-OH those are all valid arguments for baylor. That would be devastating to me haha I could see that happen now that you say that!

HawkeyeFan
01-27-2010, 12:34 AM
CJ Fierdeciz ( sp* ) at his basketball game:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2010-01/51780355.jpg
http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2010-01/51780302.jpg

Iowa is extremely lucky.

And POTENTIALLY next year with:

Stanzi
Jewel Hampton/Brandon Wegher/Adam Robinson
Derrell Johnson-Kouliahnos/Marvin McNutt/Keenan Davis
CJ Fierdecikz ( sp* )

That could be a sick offense.

JRTPlaya21
01-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Owa Odighizuwa cuts Oregon & is down to Nebraska, Oregon State & UCLA.

JRTPlaya21
01-27-2010, 07:51 AM
Jeffcoat will pick on the 31st between OU, TX, UH & ASU.

BigJohn98
01-27-2010, 08:23 AM
Anyone know if Jeremy Deering is leaning towards Rutgers or FSU?

He is most likely a Nole.

BigJohn98
01-27-2010, 08:28 AM
No one wants Lache because of his attitude. And he has a "street agent." He's overrated. He made second team all district.

HindSight
01-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Is his street agent any different from Joyners?

Sniper
01-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Is his street agent any different from Joyners?

Who's Joyner's? His uncle?

Sniper
01-27-2010, 08:57 AM
PA CB Shyquawn Pullium commits to Penn State.

osirus96
01-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey bearsfan, you say Miami can only go off the past for so long but you have teams like notre dame that live off the past and haven't won a big game in how long so how is Miami any defferent

cdub11
01-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Jeffcoat will pick on the 31st between OU, TX, UH & ASU.

I think Mack and Muschamp locked him up last week.

HindSight
01-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Who's Joyner's? His uncle?
Yes. I don't know if he's a street agent or just an all around shady POS.

I don't really know what the difference is, either.

keylime_5
01-27-2010, 09:52 AM
he is his "uncle" but they are not related. "family friend" is more like it.

kwilk103
01-27-2010, 09:55 AM
wvu gets committ from miramar wr dante chambers

helps with mccartney; makes 4 of his teammates on our roster

P-L
01-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Hey bearsfan, you say Miami can only go off the past for so long but you have teams like notre dame that live off the past and haven't won a big game in how long so how is Miami any defferent
Notre Dame is more of an exception than the rule. The fact that there are on national tv every single week doesn't hurt either.

Hines
01-27-2010, 10:46 AM
PA CB Shyquawn Pullium commits to Penn State.

Shocking. Real shocking. Hopefully he doesn't have to Prep. But him coming from a prep school, he better not.

cdub11
01-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Im hearing Jordan Hicks will announce on Friday

keylime_5
01-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Jordan Hicks announces his decision this Friday at 12:30 between Florida, Ohio State, and Texas. Should be exciting. I think it'll be either OSU or Texas. Lots of pro-OSU smoke the past two weeks after it seemed we were a long shot for a while there.

HindSight
01-27-2010, 11:06 AM
http://www.collegeview.com/admit/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/texas_2653.gif

sbh15
01-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Ohio State has the worst chance of landing Hicks of the three. They were basically done about two weeks ago, and Florida got great news when he didnt EE at Texas.

HindSight
01-27-2010, 12:45 PM
I would say Florida should be running third.......only because he doesn't seem like the kind of kid that is attracted by Florida. Either way, I think all camps agree that Texas is #1. If that's the case, that's a decision that I can root for. By everybody's account he's a great kid.......he just seems like he would fit in better at Texas than UF.

cdub11
01-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Ohio State has the worst chance of landing Hicks of the three. They were basically done about two weeks ago, and Florida got great news when he didnt EE at Texas.

Everything I have heard has Texas and Ohio St. above Florida, after Urban decided not to do an in-home... certainly not counting out Florida but my money is on Texas or Ohio St.

keylime_5
01-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Sounded like Urban Meyer not doing an in-home with Hicks put them in third and he had to choose between staying close to home or going to UT. Most of the national "experts" are going with the info that says he's staying close to home....but basically all the OSU insiders say that he's gonna go to Texas.

Giantsfan1080
01-27-2010, 01:06 PM
He is most likely a Nole.

I heard his mom fell in love with Schiano so I'm holding out some hope.

CashmoneyDrew
01-27-2010, 01:11 PM
I find it strangely intriguing that if Lache Seastrunk picks Oregon it would be worse for Tennessee than if he picks Auburn.

iowatreat54
01-27-2010, 01:23 PM
Notre Dame is more of an exception than the rule. The fact that there are on national tv every single week doesn't hurt either.

That, and Notre Dame has roughly 10x the past/tradition that Miami has. Not to mention more resources, is a better school (yes, that has landed them a significant number of players), and similar to what P-L said, can do pretty much anything they want.

Notre Dame does live a lot off their past without doing anything recently, but it's because they can.

bearsfan_51
01-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Notre Dame also attracted primarily offensive recruits because of Charlie Weis. Randy Shannon doesn't have nearly as much individual appeal.

JRTPlaya21
01-27-2010, 01:31 PM
I find it strangely intriguing that if Lache Seastrunk picks Oregon it would be worse for Tennessee than if he picks Auburn.

And why would that be worse?

CashmoneyDrew
01-27-2010, 01:40 PM

We play Oregon in 2010 and 2011 and just finished our 2 seasons with Auburn.

Dagagad
01-27-2010, 02:11 PM
That, and Notre Dame has roughly 10x the past/tradition that Miami has. Not to mention more resources, is a better school (yes, that has landed them a significant number of players), and similar to what P-L said, can do pretty much anything they want.

Notre Dame does live a lot off their past without doing anything recently, but it's because they can.

Except for Penn State and OSU(both dominate a talent rich state), I fear for the big northern teams. The power is moving south and will continue to do so over the next ten years.

Except for history, there is no reason why Michigan and Notre Dame should be national powers year in, year out. Because of that history, I see them as solid teams with occasional great years but no where near the likes of Florida, OSU, Oklahoma, USC, LSU, Alabama, Texas, FSU etc.

cdub11
01-27-2010, 02:30 PM
CNNSI is reporting Lache to Oregon

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/ncaa/01/27/seastrunk-oregon/index.html

JRTPlaya21
01-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Switching from USC? lol. That's news to me. Guess we will see in a half hour.

cdub11
01-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Not a surprise but Jeffcoat has officially eliminated ASU.

draftguru151
01-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Jeffrey Brown
Shon Coleman
Jeremy Davis
Marques Dixon
Ego Ferguson
Darion Hall
Seantrel Henderson
Ivan McCartney
David Perry
Josh Shirley
Delmar Taylor
Jeff Whitaker
Christian Thomas

Visit list this weekend for Miami. Bold are who is committed already or who I think signs with Miami next week.

BigJohn98
01-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Demar Dorsey is no longer listed as a Florida commitment.

:)

OregonDucks
01-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah I saw that too cdub. Great pickup

cdub11
01-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Yeah I saw that too cdub. Great pickup

If its true, Oregon is picking up 2 of the top 3 RB's in the state of TX

Lache and Dontae Williams

sbh15
01-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Demar Dorsey is no longer listed as a Florida commitment.

:)

Been coming for a while.

JRTPlaya21
01-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Seastrunk to Oregon is official now.

703SKINS202
01-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Has McCartney said when he will announce?

TitanHope
01-27-2010, 06:08 PM

We play Oregon in 2010 and 2011 and just finished our 2 seasons with Auburn.

Not to mention, Seastrunk wouldn't be helping Auburn win against other SEC teams. The more losses for the other SEC East teams, even if it's just one game against one team, is hugely significant.

JRTPlaya21
01-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Has McCartney said when he will announce?

Signing day for lil Ocho.

draftguru151
01-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Signing day for lil Ocho.

9:30 am, apparently deciding Monday though.

sbh15
01-27-2010, 07:29 PM
He's a Cane if he can qualify. Miami looks to be in position for a solid finish.

JFLO
01-27-2010, 07:31 PM
why was Demar Dorsey dropped by Florida?

Sniper
01-27-2010, 07:31 PM
why was Demar Dorsey dropped by Florida?

Because they didn't want him to take visits.

JFLO
01-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Because they didn't want him to take visits.

Mat Elam anyone?

Granted, Matt Elam is more versatile than Dorsey, but that is sort of dumb.

kwilk103
01-27-2010, 07:38 PM
mccartney=wvu

sbh15
01-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Mat Elam anyone?

Granted, Matt Elam is more versatile than Dorsey, but that is sort of dumb.

Elam was worth the trouble. And it's more when Dorsey is taking the visits. His earlier visits were tolerated, but Urban didn't want to hold out on a scholarship for a guy he might not get. It screwed us over 3 times last year.

critesy
01-27-2010, 08:41 PM
auburn
going into NSD and NSD eve auburn is up against,

marcus lattimore, auburn vs scar and south carolina in general.

jeffery whitaker, auburn vs georgia and georgia in general.

corey lemonier, auburn vs florida state and florida in general.

bryan jones, auburn vs arkansas and arkansas in general.

theres a good chance AU gets shut out but i think they end up with lettimore, lemonier and whitaker. while losing dj howard to clemson and taking darius robinson from clemson.

sbh15
01-27-2010, 08:51 PM
auburn
going into NSD and NSD eve auburn is up against,

marcus lattimore, auburn vs scar and south carolina in general.

jeffery whitaker, auburn vs georgia and georgia in general.

corey lemonier, auburn vs florida state and florida in general.

bryan jones, auburn vs arkansas and arkansas in general.

theres a good chance AU gets shut out but i think they end up with lettimore, lemonier and whitaker. while losing dj howard to clemson and taking darius robinson from clemson.

Lemonier is a Seminole. It looks less and less like Lattimore is going to Auburn by the day.

Can't say I know anything about the others.

tolnaballa
01-27-2010, 10:57 PM
mccartney=wvu

Why you say that?

sbh15
01-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Don't be shocked if Keenan Allen switches to Clemson.

It's a very real possibility with his brother, Zach Maynard, transferring from Buffalo.

OregonDucks
01-27-2010, 11:50 PM
I bet Lattimore goes to SCAR, hometown state and Auburn already got Dyer. He researches a lot, and pays a lot of attention to depth charts, thats why he ditched UO.

critesy
01-28-2010, 08:24 AM
lattimore has said he likes dyer and they text back and forth alot. he compares himself to ronnie brown. so if anything dyer isnt hurting at all but helping a little. i think he elminated UO because he wants to stay close to home.

Hines
01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
That's why he eliminated Penn State. Also, I think PSU lost out on Lattimore was because Royster came back.

cdub11
01-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Jeffcoat announcing tomorrow at 10 AM CST and Hicks at 11:30 AM CST.

I think Texas lands both... muschamp is flying to OH on Saturday to go to Jordan's BBall game.

JRTPlaya21
01-28-2010, 12:02 PM
Can't wait to hear those declarations. National Signing Day is soooo close!!

Sniper
01-28-2010, 12:48 PM
http://www.recruitingplanet.com/forum/rp-original-articles-blogs/38897-interview-11-mn-cb-kr-james-farrow.html#post165694

Check out my article about '11 MN CB/KR James Farrow. Feel free to critique.

OregonDucks
01-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Oh I did not know that. So they could do the ronnie brown, cadillac williams deal again.

djp
01-28-2010, 01:27 PM
http://www.recruitingplanet.com/forum/rp-original-articles-blogs/38897-interview-11-mn-cb-kr-james-farrow.html#post165694

Good stuff, man

CashmoneyDrew
01-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Georgia QB Nash Nance commits to Tennessee fueling more speculation that Da'Rick Rogers will commit to Tennessee on NSD.

I hope....

JRTPlaya21
01-28-2010, 01:52 PM

Very professional Sniper. Enjoyed the read. Not to mention B.O.B is my jam :).

HindSight
01-28-2010, 03:13 PM
That's why he eliminated Penn State. Also, I think PSU lost out on Lattimore was because Royster came back.
He was scared off by a senior? Doesn't sound very logical.

CashmoneyDrew
01-28-2010, 04:59 PM
He was scared off by a senior? Doesn't sound very logical.

Yeah, South Carolina just got Jarvis Giles last year and he has some potential if he can keep his nose clean.

sbh15
01-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Ace Sanders to USC. He was holding out for a UF offer that never came...

bwillie26
01-28-2010, 05:59 PM

He should have followed Brion Carnes up to Nebraska. :)

Speaking of Nebraska QB targets, they picked up a highly touted one for 2011 in Jamal Turner (http://rivals.yahoo.com/texas/football/recruiting/player-Jamal-Turner-94910).

kwilk103
01-28-2010, 06:37 PM
per coach stews radio show

we have 23 committs now (16 are public, 7 silent)
we will oversign and greyshirt a couple

draftguru151
01-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Apparently McCartney to WVU is done.

I'm gonna cry.

critesy
01-28-2010, 07:19 PM
****** shon coleman is taking all his visits (which i expected) but he randomly surprised our staff and took one to alabama wed-fri and now theres this huge suspense on whats happening. i hope he just wants NSD to be his little fun time and stay commited to AU.

CashmoneyDrew
01-28-2010, 07:19 PM
4 star HB Raijon Neal out of Georgia commits to Tennessee.

kwilk103
01-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Apparently McCartney to WVU is done.

I'm gonna cry.

where you hear that?

draftguru151
01-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Really good cane insider on scout.

M.O.T.H.
01-28-2010, 07:45 PM

I was a little surprised actually. I never thought he'd end up in Florida, though. He said he liked the Skip Holtz hiring for USF so, I thought he'd go back to them. Nice sign for us.

As for Lattimore...the guy can start from day one. Kenny Miles became the main back but, Lattimore still blows them all out of the water. Maddox never panned out and isnt all that great and Giles is always in Spurrier's dog house, despite being the best RB on the team right now. SCAR isn't afraid to give Freshman large roles...he'd be featured right away. We certainly have a horrible line, though. It'd be enough to scare me away, if I was in his shoes.

bearsfan_51
01-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Any runningback that wants to start from day one is a dummy anyway. Best case scenario you get just enough carries to make an impression on NFL scouts and absolutely nothing more.

sbh15
01-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Any runningback that wants to start from day one is a dummy anyway. Best case scenario you get just enough carries to make an impression on NFL scouts and absolutely nothing more.

There are exceptions, although I agree Lattimore does not fit under that category.

JFLO
01-28-2010, 07:57 PM

Trent Richardson is prime example...

His playing time is going to increase next year and he'll be starting his junior season.

JRTPlaya21
01-29-2010, 08:14 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/recruiting/football/2010-01-28-rivals-notebook_N.htm

JRTPlaya21
01-29-2010, 08:16 AM
Jeffcoat expected to commit to Texas

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/highschool/01/29/jeffcoat-texas/

HindSight
01-29-2010, 08:36 AM
He should have just committed to Florida and hoped he got lost in the shuffle with the other 80 kids that are going there.

cdub11
01-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Jeffcoat officially a Longhorn

cmon Hicks

roidrunner
01-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Louisville gets a commit from Jemaine Brooks a DT from Miami Palmetto Florida.

roidrunner
01-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Looks like Chandler from Miami Northwestern is a silent commit to Louisville as well

Hines
01-29-2010, 10:39 AM
Penn State offered their surprise commit Brian Bars yesterday and he commited on the spot. He is a ND legacy and has nice measureables with offers from Harvard, Army, and another school. I guess he was blowing up the offseason camps, but never got a top offer. Hmm. He's from Tennessee.

keylime_5
01-29-2010, 11:39 AM
hicks to texas official.

cdub11
01-29-2010, 11:41 AM
Good day for Texas, Jeffcoat and Hicks

The front 7 of this class is sick

DE Jackson Jeffcoat
DE Reggie Wilson
DT Taylor Bible
DT Ashton Dorsey
LB Jordan Hicks
LB Aaron Benson
LB Tevin Jackson

keylime_5
01-29-2010, 11:50 AM
not common for texas to get two super stud 5 star players in January like this, they're usually done early in the year.

JRTPlaya21
01-29-2010, 12:23 PM
Cassius Marsh swaps LSU for UCLA

keylime_5
01-29-2010, 01:00 PM
well we lost Hicks today, but Bucknuts reporting now that it sounds like Morgan Moses will sign with Ohio State next Wednesday. They're gonna try to squeeze him in through clearinghouse.

P-L
01-29-2010, 01:08 PM

DE Jackson Jeffcoat
DE Reggie Wilson
DT Taylor Bible
DT Ashton Dorsey
LB Jordan Hicks
LB Aaron Benson
LB Tevin Jackson
That is so unfair.

Giantsfan1080
01-29-2010, 01:15 PM
Jawan Jamison to Rutgers.

P-L
01-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Jawan Jamison to Rutgers.
What have you heard about Rashad Knight?

Giantsfan1080
01-29-2010, 01:26 PM
What have you heard about Rashad Knight?

Not much besides you guys and us are his final 2. There was a rumor that he gave us a silent commit but that was shut down. Looks like we are going to have to wait untill Wednesday. You think he'll be a CB or S?

keylime_5
01-29-2010, 01:47 PM
I just saw that Texas' last 6 commitments were all 5-star players. Florida and Texas have won recruiting for this year, it's a closed case.

P-L
01-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Don't know if it was posted but Gio Bernard switched his commitment from Notre Dame to North Carolina.

JFLO
01-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Tevin Jackson will be the best linebacker out of Texas' commit list. And I still think Jordan Hicks will be at least an All-Big 12 player.

Sniper
01-29-2010, 03:27 PM
Not much besides you guys and us are his final 2. There was a rumor that he gave us a silent commit but that was shut down. Looks like we are going to have to wait untill Wednesday. You think he'll be a CB or S?

Safety if he comes to Michigan.

MaxV
01-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Penn State offered their surprise commit Brian Bars yesterday and he commited on the spot. He is a ND legacy and has nice measureables with offers from Harvard, Army, and another school. I guess he was blowing up the offseason camps, but never got a top offer. Hmm. He's from Tennessee.

Yeah, I knew we would get a "sleeper" recruit at some point. They seem to do this every year.

Rivals.com has Bars as 6'-3" 225lbs with 4.5 speed. Hmmm, if that's correct, then he is certainly an interesting prospect.

HindSight
01-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Tevin Jackson will be the best linebacker out of Texas' commit list. And I still think Jordan Hicks will be at least an All-Big 12 player.
I think Jordan Hicks is as can't miss as you can get as a kid going from high school to college. I see Derrick Johnson all over again.

I don't know anything about Tevin Jackson, but he better be beyond a freaking stud if he's supposed to be better than Hicks.

JFLO
01-29-2010, 04:38 PM
I think Jordan Hicks is as can't miss as you can get as a kid going from high school to college. I see Derrick Johnson all over again.

I don't know anything about Tevin Jackson, but he better be beyond a freaking stud if he's supposed to be better than Hicks.

Hicks is rated better than Jackson in most likely every board in the country.

I just think Jackson has NFL potential written all over him. He's beyond a great athlete for his age and experience in the game. I see Hicks as a Derrick Johnson (former Longhorn) and Jackson as a Keith Rivers type player.

Just my opinion though. I think most people would take Hicks' potential over Jackson's but we'll see in three or four years.

Legacy
01-29-2010, 05:35 PM
Skip Holtz landed his first big recruit for South Florida by stealing Terrence Mitchell (#5 ranked CB, according to Rivals.com) away from Florida State. :)

Link. (http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/29/291621/mitchell-changes-commitment-usf/sports-prepsports/)

roidrunner
01-30-2010, 02:15 PM
2010 Georgia commit Deon Rogers switches his commit to Louisville.

keylime_5
01-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Rogers is a real good prospect. Kind of a LB/S 'tweener, but a player, and a pretty big get for a school like Louisville.

Cincinnati Winton Woods QB Dominique Brown visits Louisville this weekend, he could pick them. Probably plays WR in college though (he was a triple option QB at WWoods). He is an elite athlete with tremendous upside, which is why he got into the latest Rivals 250. Grades kept him from getting a bunch of early offers. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked Ohio State or Cincinnati though. It depends on if he wants to play QB or WR in college and which schools promise him which position he'll play.

CashmoneyDrew
01-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Markeith Ambles is making it in for his OV to Tennessee this weekend despite the weather. Good news!

Da'Rick Rogers might be coming with Nash Nance to visit this weekend as well even though he visited just last week.

roidrunner
01-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Rogers is a real good prospect. Kind of a LB/S 'tweener, but a player, and a pretty big get for a school like Louisville.

Cincinnati Winton Woods QB Dominique Brown visits Louisville this weekend, he could pick them. Probably plays WR in college though (he was a triple option QB at WWoods). He is an elite athlete with tremendous upside, which is why he got into the latest Rivals 250. Grades kept him from getting a bunch of early offers. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked Ohio State or Cincinnati though. It depends on if he wants to play QB or WR in college and which schools promise him which position he'll play.

what i hear is we are recruiting Brown for QB, cause we need some and he will fit our new spread option offense.

Notredameleo
01-30-2010, 07:26 PM
Strong is killing it....I didn't think he would help recruiting this much this early.

roidrunner
01-30-2010, 07:28 PM
yea esp. since we still have chandler (who is a silent commit) and possible kadron Boone and Dominique brown coming in this class should be really good.

roidrunner
01-30-2010, 07:28 PM
the last two have yet to commit though

Hines
01-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Floyd on if it was hard to say no to Penn State:

"No," Floyd said. "Penn State to me was a linebacker school. I learned that doing my homework. It wasn't hard to get them out of the loop."

LOL. Yeah Penn State develops LBs, but over the decade, they had numerous first round DLman taken.

CashmoneyDrew
01-30-2010, 08:04 PM

"No," Floyd said. "Penn State to me was a linebacker school. I learned that doing my homework. It wasn't hard to get them out of the loop."

LOL. Yeah Penn State develops LBs, but over the decade, they had numerous first round DLman taken.

He should've came to Tennessee since we're DT university and all if that's the case. :p

P-L
01-30-2010, 08:22 PM

Would Joe Pa die for him? Probably not.

Hines
01-30-2010, 08:27 PM
Would Joe Pa die for him? Probably not.

Would UM die for him? Probably not.

sbh15
01-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Powell | Floyd | Easley/Orr | Trail

:eek: That would sell me.

Sniper
01-31-2010, 10:18 AM
Would UM die for him? Probably not.

The joke just flew right over your head. Good job, Hines.

LonghornsLegend
01-31-2010, 10:46 AM

DE Jackson Jeffcoat
DE Reggie Wilson
DT Taylor Bible
DT Ashton Dorsey
LB Jordan Hicks
LB Aaron Benson
LB Tevin Jackson

Surprised to say the least that we landed Jeffcoat and Hicks. I give alot of credit to Muschamp who has been leading the recruiting front lately and alot of these defensive guys really want to play for him. Future looks really good, I just hope that we can find a RB to rely on instead of a committee approach because Gilbert will do just fine.

draftguru151
01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Seantrel Henderson gave his visit a 10 out of 10. Josh Shirley's visit is making him rethink things. Another recruit said good things about Jeff Whittaker. Hearing solid news about Ego Ferguson. Hopefully a few commits come out of this weekend.

T-RICH49
01-31-2010, 11:35 AM
Brandon Bourbon basically announced on Facebook he's going to KU

Sniper
01-31-2010, 12:51 PM
http://www.recruitingplanet.com/forum/rp-original-articles-blogs/39017-interview-11-mn-wr-austin-harrington.html

I was fortunate enough to get another interview with a prospect. This is my interview with '11 MN WR Austin Harrington. Let me know what you think!

bearsfan_51
01-31-2010, 01:05 PM
Sniper, not that I mind, but why are you interviewing prospects from Minnesota?

FYI, your other article was linked to a Gopher message board.

keylime_5
01-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Notre Dame got commitments from Cincinnati QB Luke Massa and Waverly QB/ATH Derek Roback (future linebacker). Types of recruits that Brian Kelly would get at Cincinnati that he thinks "fits his system" apparently. Midmajor guys, not Notre Dame quality. Some think he offered Massa just to get a better shot at Matt James. They have like 4 QB commitments this year.

Sniper
01-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Notre Dame got commitments from Cincinnati QB Luke Massa and Waverly QB/ATH Derek Roback (future linebacker). Types of recruits that Brian Kelly would get at Cincinnati that he thinks "fits his system" apparently. Midmajor guys, not Notre Dame quality. Some think he offered Massa just to get a better shot at Matt James. They have like 4 QB commitments this year.

They also took a TE/DE from Florida without any other offers.

Sniper
01-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Sniper, not that I mind, but why are you interviewing prospects from Minnesota?

FYI, your other article was linked to a Gopher message board.

I'm a mod on Recruiting Planet and both asked me for interviews. I obliged. :D Which message board?

bearsfan_51
01-31-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm a mod on Recruiting Planet and both asked me for interviews. I obliged. :D Which message board?
Gopherhole

CashmoneyDrew
01-31-2010, 01:57 PM
Tennessee got 3 commitments today.

- Dave Clark, 4 star JUCO CB from Kansas
- John Propst, 3 star LB from Alabama
- Dontavis Sapp, 2 star safety from Georgia

There's some confusion though whether or not Propst and Sapp actually have committable offers at this point or if they are just back-up plans in case we miss on better players.

keylime_5
01-31-2010, 02:26 PM
They also took a TE/DE from Florida without any other offers.

Well he had offers from Williams & Mary and Florida A&M. Impressive.

Sniper
01-31-2010, 02:29 PM
- John Propst, 3 star LB from Alabama

You stole him from West Virginia. +1 in my book.

Sniper
01-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Well he had offers from Williams & Mary and Florida A&M. Impressive.

Eh, I can't say much all things considered, but yeah, not too good.

Sniper
01-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Brandon Bourbon basically announced on Facebook he's going to KU

It's now on Scout.

If Stanford had been able to keep their class without their 891 decommitments, they would have had a sick class.

Hines
01-31-2010, 02:34 PM
The joke just flew right over your head. Good job, Hines.

I know UM told Floyd he would die for him. I was just pointing out that UM wouldn't die for Floyd. He's just a lying POS.

Sniper
01-31-2010, 02:38 PM
I know UM told Floyd he would die for him. I was just pointing out that UM wouldn't die for Floyd. He's just a lying POS.

Gah, misread that. Since you were replying to P-L, I thought UM mean U of Michigan. I'm dumb.