PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]

Dagagad
02-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Assuming the sanctions involve a scholarship reduction..how much could it hurt them? They undersign every class anyway. How many scholarships were taken from Alabama back in the day?

CashmoneyDrew
02-03-2010, 10:54 PM
Let's say he doesn't end up going to SC. What other possible destination does he have? He already said Tressel bored him and they didn't like their class sizes (like that matters). My guess is Miami.

Hines
02-03-2010, 10:55 PM
He could stay home and play at Minnesota(doubtful). Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Florida take him.

cdub11
02-03-2010, 11:45 PM
I just noticed that Mack was 25/25 on signing guys who took official visits to Texas this year.

clay_allison
02-03-2010, 11:58 PM
Looks like Tommy Tuberville is going to have to get his own recruits, he didn't do a great job of hanging on to Leach's.

keylime_5
02-04-2010, 07:34 AM
well considering that USC doesn't find out about possible punishment until late April most likely, wouldn't it be funny if USC got hit really hard and Henderson signed anyway (funny to me anyhow). Nothing against the kid, daddy just seems like a total clown.

HindSight
02-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Let's say he doesn't end up going to SC. What other possible destination does he have? He already said Tressel bored him and they didn't like their class sizes (like that matters). My guess is Miami.
he said he didn't like Ohio State's class sizes?

02-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Ambles wants to take Reggie's number? What a friggin' stud.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/good_day_atl/Markeith-Ambles-Heads-to-USC-020310

JoeJoeBrown
02-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Even with the public snubbing, JT would take Henderson in a heart beat.

BTW, this video of RRod defending the signing of Demar Dorsey (who didn't academically qualify at UF or FSU) made me laugh.

RRod (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG06LWNhYrI&feature=player_embedded)

Sniper
02-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Demar Dorsey (who didn't academically qualify at UF or FSU)

Link please. Considering UF definitely takes the NCAA minimum, I'd love to see a link to this. Also, for a guy who didn't academically qualify at UF or FSU, which would be impossible to accurately gauge at 100% because school doesn't end in January for non-early enrollees, they sure were recruiting him hard until the final bell.

clay_allison
02-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Link please. Considering UF definitely takes the NCAA minimum, I'd love to see a link to this. Also, for a guy who didn't academically qualify at UF or FSU, which would be impossible to accurately gauge at 100% because school doesn't end in January for non-early enrollees, they sure were recruiting him hard until the final bell.
FSU is still catching hell for having a moron academy for the academically impossible with tutors doing work for players, players not knowing how to read, they had one player with an IQ in the 60s. Nobody could fail to academically qualify during the late Bowden era.

Sniper
02-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Oh, sweet sweet homerism.

http://www.duanelongreport.com/2010/january/signing-day-update.html#comments

We get the #1 back in the country on my board in Rod Smith

Tyrone Williams is the best receiver that nobody was talking about

Taylor Graham was as good as we could find.

Alabama is not recruiting better backs than us. Nobody is.

Sniper
02-04-2010, 10:23 AM
FSU is still catching hell for having a moron academy for the academically impossible with tutors doing work for players, players not knowing how to read, they had one player with an IQ in the 60s. Nobody could fail to academically qualify during the late Bowden era.

It hasn't exactly become Harvard, either.

JoeJoeBrown
02-04-2010, 10:28 AM

Sorry, I should have said rumored.

Gator Blog (http://www.onlygators.com/01/27/2010/demar-dorsey-no-longer-being-recruited-by-gators/)

Still, a thug that UF and FSU distanced themselves from going to UM is sad indeed. Hopefully the kid can keep his nose clean. He's a hell of an athlete and a good safety is what you've been missing for many years. He has the chance to be an elite one, so I guess that is the risk/reward RRod is taking since his seat is very hot.

I can't believe how much some of your reporters hate RRod (http://mvictors.com/?p=6025&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MVictors+%28MVictors.com%3A+M ichigan+Football+Blog%29).

Sniper
02-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Still, a thug that UF and FSU distanced themselves from going to UM is sad indeed.

He's a thug because he was arrested for something, declined a plea bargain to go to trial, and was acquitted? ****, man. What does that make Jamaal Berry, he of the felony right after he signed with Ohio State? FSU distanced themselves from him? So why, exactly, did they and UF keep recruiting him until the final bell? From that same video, I'm paraphrasing here...

"When a school says they dropped a kid but keep recruiting him until the last possible second, is that really dropping him?"

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2010/1/25/1267543/lauderdale-lakes-fl-safety-demar

It really looks like FSU was distancing themselves when it was rumored that he committed there. Certainly looked like it when they were recruiting DD yesterday.

I can't believe how much some of your reporters hate RRod (http://mvictors.com/?p=6025&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MVictors+%28MVictors.com%3A+M ichigan+Football+Blog%29).

The term "reporter" probably doesn't really fit with Drew Sharp. If Michigan State had signed Dorsey, Sharp would have hailed Dantonio for his trust, ability to forgive and forget and giving the kid a second chance. Dorsey wasn't convicted of anything and your assumptions, based off of hearsay, bias and basically no solid information, are just a bit much.

http://michigan.scout.com/2/943898.html

Premium quote. Sue me.

I heard about them saying they dropped me, but that’s not the real story. They didn’t want me to visit other schools; they just kept calling me about it. After awhile, I just stopped taking their calls.

iowatreat54
02-04-2010, 12:30 PM
So, not that I agree with the logic...

The heavily recruited offensive tackle Seantrel Henderson took an unofficial visit to Iowa City during Iowa’s victory over Minnesota on Nov. 21. From there, his recruiting seemed to be positive. He sort of liked Iowa and what it did with its offensive linemen and kept Iowa on his list.

Then, sometime in December, it abruptly ended.

Henderson and his family wouldn’t put Iowa on their list of five official visits. So, Ferentz said no thanks to an in-home visit and ended the recruiting.

“If he doesn’t want to visit, he doesn’t want to come, right? Nice kid, though,” Ferentz said Wednesday.
http://gazetteonline.com/blogs/on-iowa/2010/02/03/some-signing-day-notes

It would be nice to have Seantrel, but I trust Ferentz's decisions, even when I don't agree with the logic. But, I guess that puts an end to the argument that Iowa didn't want him in the end, unless words directly from Ferentz aren't believable enough.

P-L
02-04-2010, 12:49 PM
People need to shut the **** up about the Dorsey situation unless they clearly are educated in the matter. Don't sit here and judge a 17 year old kid that you know nothing about. He was charged with a crime and and acquitted of it. He is not a criminal and he is not a thug. The guy was found "not guilty" in court of law. Not everyone who goes to court is guilty of a crime. To just assume that is ******* ********.

All the Ohio State players who were actually convicted of a crime and then allowed to stay on the team with minor suspensions are just good guys who deserve a second chance right? When Glenn Winston beats someone half to death and goes to jail then it's ok, right? But God forbid Michigan signs a player who WAS NEVER CONVICTED of a crime. I guess Kobe Bryant is a thug and a criminal. We're talking about a kid who never got in trouble before the incident, was acquitted of the crime, and hasn't gotten in trouble since. There is ZERO reason to believe he is a bad kid. This is trash talk gone too far.

As far as Drew Sharp goes, the guy is negative about everyone. I honestly don't think I've ever read a positive article from him. Granted, I haven't read any article from that brainless moron in a couple years, but the point stands. Like Brian Cook said today on the local radio, Drew Sharp's job is to make people upset. He's such a hypocrite too. He sits there and says "It's my job to present the facts." Then he makes random assumptions and generalizations about the kid after HE ADMITTED TO NOT KNOWING THE FACTS. He goes on to say that people shouldn't judge him or the media after spending all his time judging a 17 year old kid who he has never met in his life.

redbills
02-04-2010, 12:56 PM
UF DC George Edwards leaves a day after NDS to become B-Lo DC.
Why the hell did he leave for the B-Lo?

Goober Man
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
Sorry, I should have said rumored.

Gator Blog (http://www.onlygators.com/01/27/2010/demar-dorsey-no-longer-being-recruited-by-gators/)

Still, a thug that UF and FSU distanced themselves from going to UM is sad indeed. Hopefully the kid can keep his nose clean. He's a hell of an athlete and a good safety is what you've been missing for many years. He has the chance to be an elite one, so I guess that is the risk/reward RRod is taking since his seat is very hot.

Yeah because everyone kills people ya know...Steals from me steals from you whatever...

Maybe you should think before you should act like OSU is a bunch of golden boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owWrz0xFPlg

If that ain't Thug U then you're just plain ignorant.

HindSight
02-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Ohio State is "Thug U" because Terrelle Pryor isn't the greatest public speaker?

sure thing buddy.

Goober Man
02-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Ohio State is "Thug U" because Terrelle Pryor isn't the greatest public speaker?

sure thing buddy.

So tell me how many arrests have been made to OSU players? Thanks for being totally dense to my statement.

Jamaal Berry, Alex Boone..A numerous other players arrested for DUI and weed...Hmmm what does that look like when a OSU fan trashes a kid Michigan takes who was found NOT Gulity.

My bad I guess it isn't Thug U...Just Hypocrite U.

Sniper
02-04-2010, 02:10 PM
http://mgoblog.com/content/demar-dorsey-and-drew-sharp

keylime_5
02-04-2010, 02:32 PM
no school in the big ten is "thug u." Ohio State's team GPA is over 3.0 every year under Tressel. Every school has kids who get in trouble with the law. Not every school robs Dillard's during their off time or picks fights starting huge brawls with the other team in the 4th quarter.

HindSight
02-04-2010, 02:37 PM
So tell me how many arrests have been made to OSU players? Thanks for being totally dense to my statement.

Jamaal Berry, Alex Boone..A numerous other players arrested for DUI and weed...Hmmm what does that look like when a OSU fan trashes a kid Michigan takes who was found NOT Gulity.

My bad I guess it isn't Thug U...Just Hypocrite U.
I guess you just have a different definition of thug than I do. Mine is actual thugs....yours, who knows.

Goober Man
02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
I guess you just have a different definition of thug than I do. Mine is actual thugs....yours, who knows.

So thugs are the ones that aren't found gutily? Sure if you say so.:rolleyes:

JoeJoeBrown
02-04-2010, 02:49 PM
People need to shut the **** up about the Dorsey situation unless they clearly are educated in the matter. Don't sit here and judge a 17 year old kid that you know nothing about. He was charged with a crime and and acquitted of it. He is not a criminal and he is not a thug.

So well spoken for a man that roots for the Harvard of the West.

Every good football school (and most of the bad ones) takes a flyer on kids that have screwed up due to being knuckleheads committing misdemeanor or felony offenses.

I'll recant the thug claims. I wouldn't know the kid from Adam if I ran into him on the street, so you make a fair point somewhere in your rage filled rant. I shouldn't denigrate a kid solely based on his arrest record and the fact that a five star went way out of state.

What cracks me up is when UM and ND guys seem to act like they have difficult standards of admittance that apply to football players or don't admit kids that are as dumb as rocks. Every school does it. I'm not saying it's right, but everyone does it. Some to more of a degree than others.

Not singling anyone out here, as I'm new and don't know everyone (lurked for a long while), but quite a few UM fans love to give the holier than thou perspective. I have not seen that here. But my annoyance unfortunately spills over. So my schadenfreude is definitely in overdrive wrt UM affairs.

I like going back and forth and most people here seem friendly. That's why I started posting.

HindSight
02-04-2010, 02:55 PM
So thugs are the ones that aren't found gutily? Sure if you say so.:rolleyes:
No, thugs must be the ones who smoke a joint. Because we all know that no kid in college anywhere ever smokes weed. That's something located right in Columbus, Ohio.

Actually....I think Columbus, Ohio is the drug and drunk driving capital of the world. If somebody could just put a stop to all those thugs, the world would be such a great place to live.

Goober Man
02-04-2010, 03:32 PM
No, thugs must be the ones who smoke a joint. Because we all know that no kid in college anywhere ever smokes weed. That's something located right in Columbus, Ohio.

Actually....I think Columbus, Ohio is the drug and drunk driving capital of the world. If somebody could just put a stop to all those thugs, the world would be such a great place to live.

Please wait awhile since I have to go kill people. K thanks cause everybody kills people.

HindSight
02-04-2010, 04:14 PM
And back to a stupid quote from a stupid kid. You're right. What a thug. The whole team. Thugs thugs thugs.

DoughBoy
02-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Thug U? plz,, UT babY!!!!! Woot!

Goober Man
02-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Still not getting an answer from you on how kids who are gulity with a felony aren't thugs.

CashmoneyDrew
02-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Thug U? plz,, UT babY!!!!! Woot!

Shoot, we can't even win the SEC east in that category.

clay_allison
02-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Good lord. Recruiting please? We can have the Thug Conversation elsewhere right?

DoughBoy
02-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Shoot, we can't even win the SEC east in that category.

:( We haz nothing.

JFLO
02-04-2010, 06:52 PM

Funny story about drugs and Ohio State.

My friend happens to smoke weed, you know, no big deal. Anyways, he went into a local paraphernalia store called "Puff and Stuff"

So he and his other buddy are walking around looking at stuff and they find something they want so they get in line to buy it.

They noticed that the person in front of them was this massive dude, built like a tank, really athletic, obviously played for the football team. They could only notice the back of him though, because he was in front of them in line.

When the transaction finished, the guy turned around and said "Whats up, guys" to my friend and his buddy and then walked out of the store.

Guess who it was...just guess.

BTW, he supposedly bought some shells and a piece.

CashmoneyDrew
02-04-2010, 06:54 PM
Funny story about drugs and Ohio State.

My friend happens to smoke weed, you know, no big deal. Anyways, he went into a local paraphernalia store called "Puff and Stuff"

So he and his other buddy are walking around looking at stuff and they find something they want so they get in line to buy it.

They noticed that the person in front of them was this massive dude, built like a tank, really athletic, obviously played for the football team. They could only notice the back of him though, because he was in front of them in line.

When the transaction finished, the guy turned around and said "Whats up, guys" to my friend and his buddy and then walked out of the store.

Guess who it was...just guess.

BTW, he supposedly bought some shells and a piece.

Aaron Pettrey?

JFLO
02-04-2010, 06:55 PM
be serious now...

Sniper
02-04-2010, 06:56 PM
be serious now...

Massive dude doesn't really whittle it down too much. I'll toss out Terrelle Pryor for shits and gigs.

JFLO
02-04-2010, 06:57 PM
The shits and gigs were worth the guess, haha.

Yea, it was Terrelle.

Sniper
02-04-2010, 06:59 PM
The shits and gigs were worth the guess, haha.

Yea, it was Terrelle.

I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, buys drug paraphernalia, whatever. :D

keylime_5
02-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Terrelle was probably baked during the entire rose bowl.

Sniper
02-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Terrelle was probably baked during the entire rose bowl.

He should smoke before games more often, then.

bearsfan_51
02-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Oh noes. Weed is the gateway drug.

CashmoneyDrew
02-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised about the gun thing either. JBoobie says he's heard some shady stories about Pryor and the peeps he rolls wit.

JFLO
02-05-2010, 05:56 AM
what gun story?

i was talking about blunt wraps and a bong

i know shells and piece sound familiar to gun, but just clarifying.

ironman4579
02-05-2010, 07:03 AM
Oh noes. Weed is the gateway drug.

http://cndls.georgetown.edu/applications/posterTool/data/users/reefer_madness.jpg

Hines
02-05-2010, 08:48 AM
USC signed three blue chip tight ends. Are they all going to play TE or what?

Goober Man
02-05-2010, 09:01 AM
what gun story?

i was talking about blunt wraps and a bong

i know shells and piece sound familiar to gun, but just clarifying.

You don't know about the shells from the movie Demolition Man?

clay_allison
02-05-2010, 09:13 AM
USC signed three blue chip tight ends. Are they all going to play TE or what?
Probably switch one to OT.

Hines
02-05-2010, 09:46 AM
I doubt any of them have frames to bulk up to OT, though. Maybe one moves to DE.

Sniper
02-05-2010, 09:52 AM
I doubt any of them have frames to bulk up to OT, though. Maybe one moves to DE.

Or they redshirt two and play one and don't move any of them. They didn't sign any tight ends in '09, signed one in '08 and one in '07. They needed some tight ends.

JFLO
02-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Latwan Anderson schedules a visit with USC.

All I have to say is, damnit.

JoeJoeBrown
02-05-2010, 04:09 PM

The kid is all over the map. Who the heck knows where he is going or what he is thinking.

keylime_5
02-05-2010, 04:34 PM
on signing day he said he'd visit USC and then pick between USC, OSU, and WVU. Thing is there is some controversy over whether OSU will take him or not.

703SKINS202
02-05-2010, 05:29 PM

Why damnit? I thought you were a UCONN fan.

JFLO
02-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Why damnit? I thought you were a UCONN fan.

UCONN basketball, have been my whole life.

I go to OSU and have rooted for the football team forever.

I like UCONN football though too, just not as much.

703SKINS202
02-05-2010, 06:31 PM
UCONN basketball, have been my whole life.

I go to OSU and have rooted for the football team forever.

I like UCONN football though too, just not as much.
O gotcha. From what I've been reading Tressel doesn't have room for another db and USC is pretty loaded too. I hope he doesn't enjoy his visit too much. We need him bad.

JFLO
02-05-2010, 06:40 PM
'Twan can play WR if needed but there is always room for dbs

703SKINS202
02-05-2010, 06:49 PM
'Twan can play WR if needed but there is always room for dbs
According to espn insider Tressel said there in no room for another db, that's why I say that.

M.O.T.H.
02-06-2010, 11:31 AM
I've been busy, so I'm a couple of days late but, anyway...Marcus Lattimore, WOOT!

keylime_5
02-06-2010, 10:01 PM
they say now that Latwan Anderson's OSU scholarship offer was pulled after he committed to WVU........so it's USC or WVU for him apparently.

JRTPlaya21
02-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Yup Ted Ginn Sr. is pushing hard for USC.

keylime_5
02-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Ohio State signed Archie Griffin's son Adam today. 19th member of the 2010 class.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=3965736

He called Tressel telling him he wanted to walk-on to the football team. Tressel called him back and offered him a scholarship. He should wear 45. Gonne be interesting in 2011 when we have Ken Graham's, Tim Spencer's, Cris Carter's, and Archie Griffin's sons all on scholarship.

brat316
02-11-2010, 01:46 PM
only one * guy i see get that much of an evaluation.

Halsey
02-18-2010, 07:39 AM
http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/mceachern-high-school-football-311184.html

Rajaan Bennett(Vanderbilt commit, 4 star RB according to Rivals) apparently killed today in a murder-suicide. Details not clear yet.

keylime_5
02-18-2010, 07:24 PM
LaTwan Anderson might sign with Miami now since his parents don't want him to go to USC and places like Ohio State are full. Miami might be full too, but they might find a way to get him in. Weirdness.

draftguru151
02-18-2010, 07:38 PM
LaTwan Anderson might sign with Miami now since his parents don't want him to go to USC and places like Ohio State are full. Miami might be full too, but they might find a way to get him in. Weirdness.

There was mention of this a few days ago but got kinda blown off, apparently the two sides have been talking though and are trying to get something worked out. Roster is up to 88 with the new signees so they want to bring him in on a track scholarship for a year. I thought grades were a big issue with him so no idea how he gets in. Definitely a weird situation.

FloridaFootball
02-18-2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/mceachern-high-school-football-311184.html

Rajaan Bennett(Vanderbilt commit, 4 star RB according to Rivals) apparently killed today in a murder-suicide. Details not clear yet.

This is a horrible tradgedy. RIP.

HindSight
02-18-2010, 11:33 PM
There was mention of this a few days ago but got kinda blown off, apparently the two sides have been talking though and are trying to get something worked out. Roster is up to 88 with the new signees so they want to bring him in on a track scholarship for a year. I thought grades were a big issue with him so no idea how he gets in. Definitely a weird situation.
sounds like a kid who really wants to be a Mountaineer.

roidrunner
02-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Louisville added another commit to the University of Louisville class with the addition of De'Antre Rhodes a DT from Virginia

JRTPlaya21
02-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Damn it VT lost Rhodes!!

LonghornsLegend
02-22-2010, 07:59 PM
I got a chance to meet and talk with Michigan dual threat QB Devin Gardner this past weekend in LA for the Watkins Award that my dad is apart of that honors athletes with incredibly high gpa's, lots of community service, and just overall good dudes. Few past finalist were Justin Blalock, Tedd Ginn, Gerald McCoy, Everson Griffen, and some other dudes I can't think of now.

But he's a really bright kid, seemed excited to head to Michigan and he said he would be given an opportunity to battle for the job, or at least those are his expectations he was given by the staff. Most of these dudes who are finalist have been great dudes but he seems like he has a bright future ahead of him and after seeing his highlight tape at the dinner he seems like a match made in heaven for RR's offense.

JRTPlaya21
03-01-2010, 12:58 PM
http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/-3182915348844148135/glenvilles-anderson-says-college-choices-now-down-to-miami-fla-and-west-virginia/

703SKINS202
03-01-2010, 01:34 PM
http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/-3182915348844148135/glenvilles-anderson-says-college-choices-now-down-to-miami-fla-and-west-virginia/
It really seems like Latwan wants to go to a school with some notoriety. I would peg him as a U lean right now but I don't know what his grades are like either. If he really wanted to be here I think he would have signed his LOI already.

draftguru151
03-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Anderson visited UM the past couple days. If he comes to Miami it will be on a track scholarship for this year. There was an interview with his dad, he doesn't have a track scholarship offer yet but if he does get it I'd be shocked if he doesn't come to Miami.

JRTPlaya21
03-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Anderson will pick at 9 a.m.

draftguru151
03-10-2010, 08:13 AM
Anderson switches his commitment to Miami, hasn't signed yet or had a press conference because Ted Ginn Sr is still recovering from surgery. Of course something weird had to happen.

HindSight
03-10-2010, 08:22 AM
link?
hjlkhlkjhlkjhlkjh

found one

HindSight
03-10-2010, 08:27 AM
hes a mountaineer, let it go
let it go indeed.

JRTPlaya21
03-15-2010, 12:36 PM
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/15/seantrel-henderson-will-sign-with-u-s-c-on-thursday/

2010 recruiting is officially over.

Hines
03-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Jamel Turner in trouble?

http://www.wfmj.com/Global/story.asp?S=12160131&nav=menu491_5

keylime_5
03-19-2010, 09:53 AM
doesn't seem like anyone is sure what happened, but apparently he's still on track to enroll at Ohio State this summer. Maybe he left Fork Union and didn't get kicked out, everyone is tight lipped about it.

JRTPlaya21
03-19-2010, 12:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id/8719/another-plot-twist-from-seantrel-henderson

Some added drama.

CashmoneyDrew
03-25-2010, 02:15 AM
http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/15/seantrel-henderson-will-sign-with-u-s-c-on-thursday/

2010 recruiting is officially over.

Lonnie Ballentine disagrees.

djp
03-29-2010, 03:04 AM
I met Seantrel Henderson for the 2nd time tonight. He was at a pizza place in downtown Minneapolis. Pretty clearly drunk, but so was I, so hey, what the heck. He was a really nice guy. Said USC's pro preparation was too much to pass up and that the pending investigation didn't bother him after talking to the coaches. Said Miami was definitely second, and those were the only 2 that he really considered in the end. Real polite kid, down to earth. Even bought me a slice of pizza for "being real".

critesy
03-29-2010, 10:03 PM
thats a sick story.

in other news shon coleman is getting treated for a type of cancer. prayers for him.

SloppyJoe
05-02-2010, 07:55 PM
maybe you said something about him, but i don't wanna read 320pages.

so my question is

what are your thought about bjoern werner FSU?
he's also from Berlin and i coached against him. man this young man was a nightmare for me.

SloppyJoe
05-03-2010, 09:15 AM
maybe you said something about him, but i don't wanna read 320pages.

so my question is

what are your thought about bjoern werner FSU?
he's also from Berlin and i coached against him. man this young man was a nightmare for me.

nobody?...

JFLO
06-08-2010, 07:47 AM
It's looking more and more like Demar Dorsey isn't going to be a Wolverine due to conflicts with his criminal past mixed with a pinch of his test scores.

He's either going to play at Fort Hayes CC for a season or just go somewhere else.

TitanHope
06-20-2010, 07:02 PM
It's looking more and more like Demar Dorsey isn't going to be a Wolverine due to conflicts with his criminal past mixed with a pinch of his test scores.

He's either going to play at Fort Hayes CC for a season or just go somewhere else.

I've read it's Louisville.

sbh15
06-20-2010, 07:03 PM

would make sense since charlie strong probably did some recruiting on him early on.

Sniper
06-20-2010, 08:53 PM
http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-football/antonio-kinard-headed-to-prep-school-or-junior-college-demar-dorsey-signs-with-louisville/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Michigan LB signee Antonio Kinard to prep school or JUCO.

Texas Homer
06-21-2010, 11:13 AM

That would be a nice pick up for Louisville.

critesy
06-21-2010, 01:24 PM
5* auburn signee ot shon coleman is taking the year off recovering from leukemia. hes aiming for a return around next summer to hopefully play football again.

and 4* auburn signee wr jeremy richardson has enrolled at a mississippi CC and said he's aiming to return asap.

they were at 27/25 but now with those 2 their signing class is 25/25.

JFLO
06-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Hope Shon Coleman gets back soon, I really liked him as a prospect last year.

What's the dealio on Seantrel Henderson? I heard at one point last week he was somehow still considering Miami (FL)?

HindSight
06-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Hope Shon Coleman gets back soon, I really liked him as a prospect last year.

What's the dealio on Seantrel Henderson? I heard at one point last week he was somehow still considering Miami (FL)?
I think that was just people taking his second choice and assuming he'd want to get out of USC. I don't think USC would let him out of his LOI....since that's how they roll.

draftguru151
06-23-2010, 12:34 PM
When heralded football signee Seantrel Henderson from Cretin-Derham Hall didn't show up as scheduled last week for orientation at the University of Southern California, new coach Lane Kiffin, recruiting coordinator Ed Orgeron, offensive line coach James Cregg and top assistant Monte Kiffin took a private jet to the Twin Cities on Monday to make sure the 6-foot-8, 330-pound left tackle still was committed.
In the wake of NCAA penalties to USC that include no bowl appearances for the next two seasons, as well as the loss of 30 scholarships over the next three years, there has been conjecture that Henderson has reconsidered his commitment to USC and that Miami and Ohio State could be back in the hunt.
Reached Tuesday, Henderson's father, Sean, had no comment, and Seantrel, who some day could be a first-round NFL draft pick, did not return phone messages.

http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_15350023

I posted the other Henderson stuff in the 2011 thread, but Henderson is likely going to go to prep school then this whole circus can start all over again.

HindSight
06-23-2010, 12:39 PM
If he wanted to avoid the circus (stupid question, I know) and he decided to go to Miami....would he be able to play this year?

iowatreat54
06-23-2010, 12:40 PM
http://www.twincities.com/prep/ci_15350023

I posted the other Henderson stuff in the 2011 thread, but Henderson is likely going to go to prep school then this whole circus can start all over again.

******* great.

One year of his **** wasn't enough, we likely now get another new one. At least now Iowa is 100% completely out of it, so I don't have to care. Or withstand Told coming in to tell us Iowa will get him every couple weeks.

iowatreat54
06-23-2010, 12:42 PM
If he wanted to avoid the circus (stupid question, I know) and he decided to go to Miami....would he be able to play this year?

I doubt it. USC would have to let him out of his LOI, which it doesn't sound like they want to do. So the only way he could get out of it is to go to prep school, I believe.

draftguru151
06-23-2010, 01:00 PM
UM doesn't have room for LaTwan Anderson yet, no way could we get Henderson in. And yea, prep or USC are his options for this year.

First Pryor, then TBB topped him, now Henderson is doing this ****. Clowney is gonna have to declare for the NFL or something to top this. :/

HindSight
06-23-2010, 01:51 PM
I doubt it. USC would have to let him out of his LOI, which it doesn't sound like they want to do. So the only way he could get out of it is to go to prep school, I believe.
How classy of them.

Naw man....we're not going to get punished. Come play for us.
PSYCHE!!!!!!!!

sbh15
06-23-2010, 01:59 PM
UM doesn't have room for LaTwan Anderson yet, no way could we get Henderson in. And yea, prep or USC are his options for this year.

First Pryor, then TBB topped him, now Henderson is doing this ****. Clowney is gonna have to declare for the NFL or something to top this. :/

actually, ronald powell ended up ranked first in the class, so he broke the trend with his very prompt commitment to... the university of florida ;)

JFLO
06-23-2010, 02:06 PM
I think DG just meant from a top recruit kinda perspective, but recruiting these days is just a massive mess that needs to be cleaned up and have a strict overview on it at all times.

How many recruits made their decision after signing day last season?

Latwan
Seantrel and I'm pretty sure there were at least 2-4 more right?

draftguru151
06-23-2010, 02:23 PM
actually, ronald powell ended up ranked first in the class, so he broke the trend with his very prompt commitment to... the university of florida ;)

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=88&yr=2010

Don't get smart with me. :p

iowatreat54
06-23-2010, 02:31 PM
How classy of them.

Naw man....we're not going to get punished. Come play for us.
PSYCHE!!!!!!!!

Yea, don't quote me on that, but just from random readings online it appears that USC doesn't want to release any 2010 commits. It may not be true, but given who they are, I'd be very shocked if it wasn't true.

That said, if I were a recruit, especially one that could go to any school I want, and knew one of them could potentially have something like this happen, I wouldn't go near it. But that's just me...

HindSight
06-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Yea, don't quote me on that, but just from random readings online it appears that USC doesn't want to release any 2010 commits. It may not be true, but given who they are, I'd be very shocked if it wasn't true.

That said, if I were a recruit, especially one that could go to any school I want, and knew one of them could potentially have something like this happen, I wouldn't go near it. But that's just me...
That's why I don't feel sorry for Henderson at all. Dumbass made his bed...now he can sleep in it or waste a year transferring out of it.

Sniper
06-24-2010, 04:26 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/recruiting/2010/06/terps_linebacker_javarie_johnson_asks_for_release. html

Javarie Johnson to leave Maryland.

sbh15
06-24-2010, 04:32 PM
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=88&yr=2010

Don't get smart with me. :p

i was referring to rivals, mainly because they had powell ranked 1st haha

CashmoneyDrew
06-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Scout's number one 2010 punter from California Matt Darr has signed with the Vols.

Palardy + Darr + Dooley's special teams emphasis will hopefully mean no more Bama like melt downs in the next 4-5 years for the Vols.

draftguru151
07-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Latest word is that Cretin-Derham Hall grad Seantrel Henderson, who was assured by new Southern California football coach Lane Kiffin during recruitment that USC would not receive serious NCAA penalties, is balking at his commitment and now leaning toward Miami, even though he would have to sit out a transfer season.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_15414514?nclick_check=1

Razor
07-01-2010, 11:09 AM
http://www.railbirds.com/gallery/2008/11/11614homer_woohoo.jpg

draftguru151
07-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Psst: Seantrel Henderson, the 6-foot-8, 350-pound Cretin-Derham Hall offensive lineman who committed to Southern California before the Trojans were severely penalized by the NCAA, was in Miami on Saturday. The Hurricanes were believed to be Henderson's second choice behind USC, which has been futilely waiting for him to report.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15436586?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1

Expect something big to come out very soon.

superman8456
07-04-2010, 08:27 PM
http://www.twincities.com/ci_15436586?source=most_viewed&nclick_check=1

Expect something big to come out very soon.

Could he decide he wants to go to a prep school or a JC, instead of attending USC now?

critesy
07-21-2010, 02:27 PM
not that it matters but shon coleman said the u finished second in his final decision.