PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

saintsfan912
02-16-2009, 02:02 PM
LSU offered Nick Montana as well. I pray we get him, just because his dad is my all time favorite. Well him and Barry Sanders. Pretty sad that, as a Saints fan, we've never had a player good enough to love like that.

BRAVEHEART
02-16-2009, 02:15 PM
LSU offered Nick Montana as well. I pray we get him, just because his dad is my all time favorite. Well him and Barry Sanders. Pretty sad that, as a Saints fan, we've never had a player good enough to love like that.

Brees?:confused:

DoWnThEfiElD
02-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Guess Gardner dropped the Bucks, prob because he isn't getting an offer.

Sniper
02-16-2009, 02:22 PM

Link please?

iowatreat54
02-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Link please?

http://www.oldworlddistributors.com/images/pix_owd_rc_circle_lg_link_brass.jpg

saintsfan912
02-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Brees?:confused:

I do like Brees, just not as much as Montana. And I hated San Fran when the Saints were in the same division as them, just loved Montana.

tolnaballa
02-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Found an interesting arcticle on some southern Florida prospects mostly the Miami area. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=3910626

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Ohio State has by far the best chances of any OOS school with Joyner right now. The cornerback factory pitch and the fact that guys like Sabino, Travis Howard, Duron Carter, and most especially Jaamal Berry are up there already is an attractive situation. He'll be up in Columbus for the spring game and of course he'll probably call us his leader after that, but if it goes down to NLOID then I think our chances aren't as good (as if say he decides before January 2010). It would be hard for us to get Joyner out of Florida simply because we'd have to stay on him hard all year knowing that the Big 3 will be doing that (but with better resources like distance), but getting OSU getting LJ is do-able, though not easy.

Not sure how Howard or Sabino help with Joyner at all. They are 2 years removed from HS, play in a completely different county of FLA and went to a HS that LJ has probably never set foot in. To him, they are just 2 random dudes that happen to be born in Florida. Just about every other good D1 program can boast that. Jamal Berry is similar, I dont think Southwest and Palmetto ever play, athough being just a year apart they were likely to be at some of the same camps. But honestly, your reaching for straws here, ND has some random guys from Florida that LJ has nothing to do with. Do you count that as a plus for them the way you do for OSU?

BTW...pretty sure he already said hes waiting til NSD to annouce.

Hines
02-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Penn State's Scout guy talked to Devin Gardner today and said that he is interested in Penn State even with Michigan and Paul Jones in the picture. Interesting on how it will turn out.

Also, San Diego WR Kenny Stills wants to make an official visit to Penn State. He looks like a very solid player. I would love to have him on board.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-16-2009, 03:16 PM
It'd be funny if we offered Gardner, he'd have to be willing to compete with a probable true SO Kevin Newsome, and a true freshmen (going to enroll early) Paul Jones in his own class. RV can recruit Michigan, and I'd take him just so I could see UM, ND and others freak out if he committed to PSU. Also takes away tOSU's fall back option if they don't get Montana. Devin did a rivals or scout interview a few days ago and said he'd "like" a PSU offer, and my whole thing was that unless he initiates contact/shows interest, PSU isn't going to offer just for the hell of it, particularly when they've already got their guy in '10.

I also like that '10 CA WR Kenny Stills already has his PSU written offer. And the fact that he won the Maxwell (most outstanding at the camp?) over '10 USC commit Dillon Baxter at yesterdays FBU camp is cool....I don't know anything about Baxter though so that means little too me. He is a Wisconsin legacy but it would be nice if he weren't going to go there, I would definitely like to have him...plus he wants to get out of Cali.

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 03:22 PM
source is rivals; we are real thin at lber

P-L
02-16-2009, 03:49 PM
That and he was never as high on Ohio State as Buckeye fans thought he was.

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 03:59 PM
source is rivals; we are real thin at lber

I just read the article.

Kinda iffy. Usually when a kid names a leader, it's a big article all about it.

This was literally 2 lines at the end of a page long article about Doc Holliday, DJ Johnson and Anquan Boldin.

And on top of that WVU is his only written offer. Miami, Rutgers and FIU are all verbal offers right now.

Too early and the info is too limited here to say what the kid is really thinking.

keylime_5
02-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Not sure how Howard or Sabino help with Joyner at all. They are 2 years removed from HS, play in a completely different county of FLA and went to a HS that LJ has probably never set foot in. To him, they are just 2 random dudes that happen to be born in Florida. Just about every other good D1 program can boast that. Jaamal Berry is similar, I dont think Southwest and Palmetto ever play, athough being just a year apart they were likely to be at some of the same camps. But honestly, your reaching for straws here, ND has some random guys from Florida that LJ has nothing to do with. Do you count that as a plus for them the way you do for OSU?

BTW...pretty sure he already said hes waiting til NSD to annouce.

Joyner caught Berry from behind on a big run last season when SW and Palmetto played, pretty famous highlight amongst Buckeye fans. Berry and Sabino/Howard know each other and are friends, and Berry and Sabino's moms watch the games together when OSU plays. Berry and Carter already know Joyner, there aren't best friends or anything but Joyner likes the idea of playing with Berry in Columbus - one of the reasons he said Ohio State is high on his list. I'm not sure about Howard and Sabino but what I meant really when I said having those Miami guys that can influence Joyner is that they and their parents can tell Joyner how they like Columbus and what their recruitment was like.

keylime_5
02-16-2009, 04:08 PM

yeah, we're gonna take one QB this year and it's gonna be Montana....maybe sooner than expected. Staff likes him a lot more than Devin and Joe Montana said he'd be "honored to have his son play for Jim Tressel". SF's former owner is from Youngstown just like JT, which is where the Montana/Tressel connection comes from.

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Joyner caught Berry from behind on a big run last season when SW and Palmetto played, pretty famous highlight amongst Buckeye fans. Berry and Sabino/Howard know each other and are friends, and Berry and Sabino's moms watch the games together when OSU plays. Berry and Carter already know Joyner, there aren't best friends or anything but Joyner likes the idea of playing with Berry in Columbus - one of the reasons he said Ohio State is high on his list. I'm not sure about Howard and Sabino but what I meant really when I said having those Miami guys that can influence Joyner is that they and their parents can tell Joyner how they like Columbus and what their recruitment was like.

Last year must have been one of those off years where Southwest did play Palmetto. They typically don't go against each other very much.

The fact that you had to saying something like "Sabino and Berry's moms are friends and Joyner knows Berry" seems like a pretty weak.

Still don't see the difference between that and ND. ND is full of guys from STA (where Joyner is planning to transfer). You don't think the former STA guys that play for ND will do the same thing Berry or Carter are doing?

Honestly, I just don't see that as an advantage for you guys. He grew up playing with probably about half our class this year. He knows tons on guys at FSU and UF and he got connections to ND too.

So I'm not really seeing how Berry or Carter make any difference in the equation.

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 04:22 PM
I just read the article.

Kinda iffy. Usually when a kid names a leader, it's a big article all about it.

This was literally 2 lines at the end of a page long article about Doc Holliday, DJ Johnson and Anquan Boldin.

And on top of that WVU is his only written offer. Miami, Rutgers and FIU are all verbal offers right now.

Too early and the info is too limited here to say what the kid is really thinking.

thats how our 1st articles about recruits are; usually just a brief summary of a kid, etc

anyways, we are very thin at lb; brought in 2 this year

we have 11; 2 seniors, 3 juniors, 2 soph (1 is a walk-on), 2 fresh, 2 rs this year

it is one of the positions we will be recruiting the hardest this year

keylime_5
02-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Cris and Duron Carter plus Jaamal Berry are more connections than anything Notre Dame has, at least I have read Joyner mentioning the Miami guys at Ohio State in articles and whatnot but haven't seen any of that about Notre Dame. Plus the kid named Ohio State in his top two and even his leader recently, and the most love he's given Notre Dame is putting them in his top 5 along with freakin' FIU I think. Having other Miami kids in the ear of current Miami recruits is big enough influence. I know for a fact that Joyner has said he'd "really want to play with Jaamal Berry next year in Columbus".

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Cris and Duron Carter plus Jaamal Berry are more connections than anything Notre Dame has, at least I have read Joyner mentioning the Miami guys at Ohio State in articles and whatnot but haven't seen any of that about Notre Dame. Plus the kid named Ohio State in his top two and even his leader recently, and the most love he's given Notre Dame is putting them in his top 5 along with freakin' FIU I think. Having other Miami kids in the ear of current Miami recruits is big enough influence. I know for a fact that Joyner has said he'd "really want to play with Jaamal Berry next year in Columbus".

-Jamal Berry is the only Miami kid. The rest are from a completely different county. See what I'm getting at that your missing.

-Just the other day on WQAM down here he said FSU and UF were his top 2.

-He has said already he wants to play with Chris Dunkley as well. Dunkley is gonna end up at either FSU or UF.

So what is so special about Berry or OSU that Joyner hasn't already said about all the other schools he has talked about? I'm not seeing it. You guys are drinking cool aid. Anything he has about OSU he has said about the other schools on his list as well. Yet OSU fans are the only ones getting all hyped over it.

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 04:59 PM
thats how our 1st articles about recruits are; usually just a brief summary of a kid, etc

anyways, we are very thin at lb; brought in 2 this year

we have 11; 2 seniors, 3 juniors, 2 soph (1 is a walk-on), 2 fresh, 2 rs this year

it is one of the positions we will be recruiting the hardest this year

It was 2 lines in an article about your coach and another recruit.

11 LBs is alot. That's enough for a 3 deep at each spot plus 2 RS. Maybe I'm missing something about your roster but it seems odd to me that you guys consider 11 LBs to be "thin".

keylime_5
02-16-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm comparing Ohio State and Notre Dame. He is clearly higher on Ohio State than any other OOS school from everything I have read and from everything his uncle and our insiders have said. After his visit in April he'll be even higher on us than before. It's an uphill battle with the Big 3 going at him hard, but it's not an unwinnable one, we are in very good shape with him now - not to discount the fact that it is almost a calendar year before he'll likely announce his decision.

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm comparing Ohio State and Notre Dame. He is clearly higher on Ohio State than any other OOS school from everything I have read and from everything his uncle and our insiders have said. After his visit in April he'll be even higher on us than before. It's an uphill battle with the Big 3 going at him hard, but it's not an unwinnable one, we are in very good shape with him now - not to discount the fact that it is almost a calendar year before he'll likely announce his decision.

Fair enough,

Just saying. This sounds like the same ole song and dance me and you had last year over Brandon McGee.

No one down here is really expecting LJ to leave the state.

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 05:18 PM
It was 2 lines in an article about your coach and another recruit.

11 LBs is alot. That's enough for a 3 deep at each spot plus 2 RS. Maybe I'm missing something about your roster but it seems odd to me that you guys consider 11 LBs to be "thin".

yea, 11 seems like a lot, but a lot of the upper guys are average; 2 are walk-ons (1 earned a scholly this year after starting and 1 wont play); when you see them play, a lot of the back-ups werent very good

we just havent recruited the outside 'backers very well; 1 reason why reed williams might move back outside this season

its not as deep as it seems

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Sounds like Gardner's coach didn't have the texting stamina for tOSU...well that and flat out telling the kid you're no #1 for us. LOL

"(Ohio State assistant) Coach Haynes texted (Inkster headman) Coach Carter today and told him that they were going after Nick Montana first, and that I was next. They said they wanted to see what happened with him first. Coach Carter was mad. He said he was too old to be doing all of that texting stuff anyway. So I've dropped Ohio State from my list."

wicket
02-16-2009, 05:54 PM
joey what can you tell me abou spencer boyd, mainly about cape corals competition level, looks really nice on film and almost commited to nd today, seems pretty much a lock but mainly how is cape corals competition.

bigbenn
02-16-2009, 05:59 PM
RichRod has ohio offer fever (aka zook-itis). Offered West Chester TE Alex Smith. He's a better tight end prospect than Kevin Koger was IMO which is saying something. He favors Cincinnati and Kentucky right now b/c of family ties to those two schools/areas, I think if/when Ohio State offers him that will be hard to turn down. OSU doesn't use the tight end much, but they are gonna sell the flex TE position to him that Jake Stoneburner is gonna play this year that is basically what Dallas Clark and Travis Beckum play and it'll be new to our offense. LaTwan Anderson and Alex Smith I think might be the next two Ohio guys to get offered...maybe Christian Bryant too.

How is it Zook-itis if a good portion of those Ohio kids never had official offers?

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
joey what can you tell me abou spencer boyd, mainly about cape corals competition level, looks really nice on film and almost commited to nd today, seems pretty much a lock but mainly how is cape corals competition.

big wvu fan; didnt get an offer at junior day, but is coming to our camp and will likely get an offer

family likes wvu (all from here); wont be surprised if he chooses us in the end

real good friends with jenkins and devine; uncle says 80% chance he committs to us

i like our chances

i dont know where you go the fact that he almost committed; if your referring to the rivals article, all i read is he was excited about the offer

keylime_5
02-16-2009, 06:07 PM
How is it Zook-itis if a good portion of those Ohio kids never had official offers?

It's not like it's a bad thing to offer a bunch of Ohio guys early, Kiffin's doing it too at Tennessee. Eventually there's gonna be a guy like Jerald Robinson who tries to force us to offer earlier than we're prepared to and a team like Michigan can snag him by offering so early.

But Zook has offered more Ohio kids early than any other school. Even though some of those guys never did have offers (J.Ferrel for instance), a whole crap load of them did: Bud Golden, Fitz Toussaint, Marcus Hall, Jon Newsome, Melvin Fellows and most of the other big names just off the top of my head were offered really early last year. Already he's got offers out to 3 Lakota West kids plus at least a half dozen others I'm aware of. Ohio State has offered a grand total of 8 Ohio kids so far. You gotta recruit Ohio well to compete at a high level in the big ten, and a good way to do that is offer earlier than Ohio State is prepared to.

btw, I really wish Toussaint would've went to Illinois. He was one of my favorite recruits in Ohio last year and I won't like seeing him in those rags at TSUN :) plus now that I think about it the chances of Justin Green going to Illinois would've went down (though he probably would've went to Kentucky if he was scared away from Illinois).

wicket
02-16-2009, 06:10 PM
big wvu fan; didnt get an offer at junior day, but is coming to our camp and will likely get an offer

family likes wvu (all from here); wont be surprised if he chooses us in the end

real good friends with jenkins and devine; uncle says 80% chance he committs to us

i like our chances

his family actually wanted him to commit on the spot with the offer, he wants to see sb first before committing though, not saying you are out but I seriously love our chances

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 06:18 PM
his family actually wanted him to commit on the spot with the offer, he wants to see sb first before committing though, not saying you are out but I seriously love our chances

Cape Coral is pretty average as far as competition.

Would be a little better if he lived a half hour south in Naples.

But those areas do play each other a couple times a year so he should be getting enough of a test.

The recruits are usually really low ranked but they do put out D1 prospects every year.

09 Miami commit 2* TE/OT Stephen Plein is from Naples. 08 Miami FB and former 2* John Calhoun is from Cape Coral IIRC. I think the highest ranked guy from that area is 09 UF commit and 4* OG Nick Alajijian.

Miami has been getting under the radar guys from there lately and by all account they seem to do well enough (although it is very early for them). Those guys tend to be underrated because that part of FL isn't really considered a recruiting hotbed.

On a side note. Why is WVU suddenly all over every prospect in FL this year? They usually come after more FL guys then most but this year they are after all of them. Not to worried about them taking anyone Miami really wants but been noticing that and wondered where it came from.

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 06:18 PM

as do i...hes gonna be back up in april for spring game (pretty sure) and then again in june for camp (positive)

he had a great time 2 weeks ago when he was here

Hokie_Pokie08
02-16-2009, 06:25 PM
On a side note. Why is WVU suddenly all over every prospect in FL this year? They usually come after more FL guys then most but this year they are after all of them. Not to worried about them taking anyone Miami really wants but been noticing that and wondered where it came from.

They realized that recruiting Virginia was a lost cause so they focused their efforts further southward.

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 06:34 PM

doc holliday

back in the 80s, don nehlen literally gave him a car and gas money and told him to go recruit florida; hes been recruiting fla for over 20 years, and knows everyone there; hes our best recruiter, and we've had success there

hes the reason we are back in dade county (there was a coach that didnt play antonio brown his senior year and we were alienated there)

we have 25 players from fla on our roster

we moved our recruiter area to fit our coaches; moving away from pa except for linemen and guys like rb corey brown who are interested in us

going to ga with dave johnson who recruited there for 7 yrs with uga; the carolinas where lonnie galloway recruited for app st; dc/md/va with beatty

and back into nj with david lockwood who is from philly

but fla is our main recruiting ground now

forgot to add we finished up real early this year recruiting, so we got a head start on '10

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 06:38 PM
They realized that recruiting Virginia was a lost cause so they focused their efforts further southward.

not sure where you're getting that; md/va/dc is our #2 recruiting area

JRTPlaya21
02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Maybe he's basing it on the fact that Heastie, Davenport & Alston were the only top 30 VA players yall landed. But we both now that WVU recruits VA quite well.

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Maybe he's basing it on the fact that Heastie was the only top 30 VA player yall landed. But we both now that WVU recruits VA quite well.

davenport fits our system, and alston is pretty underrated

bearsfan_51
02-16-2009, 06:51 PM
forgot to add we finished up real early this year recruiting, so we got a head start on '10
Like when you stopped recruiting Michael Carter after he gave a verbal.

JRTPlaya21
02-16-2009, 06:51 PM
I see. My bad I had to edit them back in after I saw the list. WVU is a much bigger recruiting threat imo then UVA or anywhere else.

Hokie_Pokie08
02-16-2009, 06:54 PM
not sure where you're getting that; md/va/dc is our #2 recruiting area

Just a fun ribbing after you thought that WVU was going to own Virginia recruiting-wise early last season and it didn't happen.

bigbenn
02-16-2009, 07:01 PM
It's not like it's a bad thing to offer a bunch of Ohio guys early, Kiffin's doing it too at Tennessee. Eventually there's gonna be a guy like Jerald Robinson who tries to force us to offer earlier than we're prepared to and a team like Michigan can snag him by offering so early.

But Zook has offered more Ohio kids early than any other school. Even though some of those guys never did have offers (J.Ferrel for instance), a whole crap load of them did: Bud Golden, Fitz Toussaint, Marcus Hall, Jon Newsome, Melvin Fellows and most of the other big names just off the top of my head were offered really early last year. Already he's got offers out to 3 Lakota West kids plus at least a half dozen others I'm aware of. Ohio State has offered a grand total of 8 Ohio kids so far. You gotta recruit Ohio well to compete at a high level in the big ten, and a good way to do that is offer earlier than Ohio State is prepared to.

btw, I really wish Toussaint would've went to Illinois. He was one of my favorite recruits in Ohio last year and I won't like seeing him in those rags at TSUN :) plus now that I think about it the chances of Justin Green going to Illinois would've went down (though he probably would've went to Kentucky if he was scared away from Illinois).

I'm not saying there's anything wrong to it but you guys were way off base last year. Jonathan Newsome didn't have an official offer early, and maybe even never depending on who you talked to, and there were a host of others who didn't have official offers after talking to some people. Not saying Newsome or some of those guys wouldn't have went to OSU anyway, I'm just saying. And Toussaint would've went to Illinois is Michigan didn't scoop in and take him but I'm perfectly fine with Justin Green.:) His speed at RB in the spread gives Illinois even more firepower. When you have 3 playmakers with the speed of Fayson, Jenkins, Green, Jack Ramsey, and Hawthorne at WR, plus guys like Benn, Scott, and Cumberland (No slight to them but I put the speed guys first), that O is going to score a lot of points.

BTW, congrats to OSU on that huge class. There are some real difference makers in there. I do wonder, though, what would've happened if Wolford would've stayed at Illinois. I had no idea the impact he had on Hall and his family.

Florida guys, what kind of a player is Derek Owens. Apparently Illinois has a great shot at him per an insider.

Hollywood
02-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Doc Holiday, AKA Snake Eyes. He is one shady mofo, think Chuck Amato plus a dozen years of selling used cars. Here is a funny story of him when he was with UF -

"I spent the day at Miami Northwestern today and saw Florida assistant Doc Holiday, who came in to speak with Marcus Forston and Sean Spence. He had them to himself in Billy Rolle’s office for 10 minutes. When he left, Forston and Spence were giggling. I asked them what he said. Forston’s response was classic: “Snake eyes (Holliday's nickname)? He told me the same bull crap everybody else is trying to tell else. How we can start if we go to their school. How they’re doing so much better than UM. The facilities. Sean Taylor. Safety. The usual crap. I told him the same thing I told Butch Davis and North Carolina, if I can stay clear of trouble in the Pork N Beans projects, why the hell am I going to be scared to live in Coral Gables?”"

I love that story.

As a side note, Southwest Florida has also been very good to Ohio State over the years, as there are a ton of Buckeyes in that area.

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 07:12 PM
doc is a top 5 recruiter

one of amato's 1st hires at ncstate, and 1 of urbans 1st hires at uf

one of stews 1st hires, and our highest paid assistant

urban tried to get him back this year

Hollywood
02-16-2009, 07:17 PM
doc is a top 5 recruiter

I didn't say otherwise...

Jonny
02-16-2009, 07:54 PM
we moved our recruiter area to fit our coaches; moving away from pa except for linemen and guys like rb corey brown who are interested in us

Can you elaborate on this? Lockwood handles East PA and South Jersey I thought. I assume you have a guy for West PA, so how is WVU moving away from PA?

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 08:17 PM
doc holliday

back in the 80s, don nehlen literally gave him a car and gas money and told him to go recruit florida; hes been recruiting fla for over 20 years, and knows everyone there; hes our best recruiter, and we've had success there

hes the reason we are back in dade county (there was a coach that didnt play antonio brown his senior year and we were alienated there)

we have 25 players from fla on our roster

going to ga with dave johnson who recruited there for 7 yrs with uga; the carolinas where lonnie galloway recruited for app st; dc/md/va with beatty

but fla is our main recruiting ground now

Who have you gotten from Dade County? People tend to forget that South Florida and Dade County are 2 different things.

Only recent one I can think of is Hargrett who was a backup RB at MNW.

I know about Doc Holliday also. But this year you are offering everyone in sight as opposed to most years where you just poach the guys that don't have grades.

The only real marquee guy I can think of that you got was Gene Smith and QB recruitments are usually outside the scope of normal recruitments.

Newbs24
02-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Joey, is Godfrey a Cane lock? Have to think so.

JoeyJr09
02-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Joey, is Godfrey a Cane lock? Have to think so.

We talked about it a few pages back if your in the mood to go searching thru the pages for it.

I never throw around the word lock. But most will be surprised if he goes elsewhere.

Newbs24
02-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Figured as much

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Who have you gotten from Dade County? People tend to forget that South Florida and Dade County are 2 different things.

Only recent one I can think of is Hargrett who was a backup RB at MNW.

I know about Doc Holliday also. But this year you are offering everyone in sight as opposed to most years where you just poach the guys that don't have grades.

The only real marquee guy I can think of that you got was Gene Smith and QB recruitments are usually outside the scope of normal recruitments.

no one since 2001

antonio brown was a nehlen recruit; his senior year was rods 1st; under nehlen he played wr/db and was a great teammate; we were one of the few schools to offer him (mainly due to grades); well, nehlen kept a board of the top 25 student athletes on the team, and brown every year was ranked #7, and his coach still has the pic today; he made all big east a few years

well, rod comes in and hardly plays him; pretty much p*ssed off his coach, and several others in dade county, they said they wouldnt let anyone go to wvu

think we may have gotten 2---jt thomas, and quinton andrews

brown eventually made it to the pros and played for washington

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/12/13/AR2005121301686_4.html

But Nehlen retired before Brown's senior season, and the new coach, Rich Rodriguez, barely used him (including during a game at the Orange Bowl, which left a contingent of South Florida high school coaches vowing never to send players to West Virginia again, Boykins said).

kwilk103
02-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Can you elaborate on this? Lockwood handles East PA and South Jersey I thought. I assume you have a guy for West PA, so how is WVU moving away from PA?

not going into pa as much as we did under rod

lockwood i believe is doing all of jersey now

Jonny
02-17-2009, 04:13 AM
lockwood i believe is doing all of jersey now

That probably won't work. He was able to do it at Minnesota, but that's because Glen Mason is from NJ. Much easier to do SJ/Philly/Delaware than SJ/NJ, completely different beasts. Lockwood was in on some SJ players last year but I heard nothing about WVU in the rest of the state.

Speaking of territories, I'm still pissed that we had to can Coach Demo. Our Florida recruiting sucks now, even though we are doing a lot better in SJ/Philly/Delaware. He's not Doc but he pulled in some very solid players. He actually rented an apartment down there and exclusively did Dade, and we had another assistant (Rizzi) for Broward and Palm Beach. Now both are gone, sucks.

JoeyJr09
02-17-2009, 07:33 AM
Kwilk,

New smething was off about that Zach Allen blurb yesterday.

Full article out toda.

He says he grew up a Miami fan. Calls us his favorites. Loves our depth chart at TE and is likely to committ once he gets his offer.

Hollywood
02-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Kwilk,

New smething was off about that Zach Allen blurb yesterday.

Full article out toda.

He says he grew up a Miami fan. Calls us his favorites. Loves our depth chart at TE and is likely to committ once he gets his offer.

I don't much about Allen yet, but a 200 pound pass catching TE from the muck?? Sign me up!

kwilk103
02-17-2009, 01:44 PM
ESPNU 150 Watch List running back Giovanni Bernard told affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com, "Well right now, you know, it's just basically Miami, they're really up there. West Virginia's up there, Oregon State and Maryland. Those are my four biggest schools right there."

The load-carrier for the nation's top high school team in 2008 added that he's also holding scholarship offers from Auburn, Boston College, Rutgers and Florida International.

Bernard, whose older brother Yvenson starred at Oregon State, recently ran a 4.58 40-yard dash at the Miami-FL Under Armour Combine.

also, texas qb jeremy johnson has a top 2 of wvu and ou; has a wvu offer, but not one from ou; wvu offering as a qb; we dont recruit texas unless a kid is really interested, so we'll see

bigbenn
02-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Again, Florida people, any scouting report on Derek Owens?

Hollywood
02-17-2009, 02:41 PM
ESPNU 150 Watch List running back Giovanni Bernard told affiliate Web site InsideTheU.com, "Well right now, you know, it's just basically Miami, they're really up there. West Virginia's up there, Oregon State and Maryland. Those are my four biggest schools right there."

The load-carrier for the nation's top high school team in 2008 added that he's also holding scholarship offers from Auburn, Boston College, Rutgers and Florida International.

Bernard, whose older brother Yvenson starred at Oregon State, recently ran a 4.58 40-yard dash at the Miami-FL Under Armour Combine.

also, texas qb jeremy johnson has a top 2 of wvu and ou; has a wvu offer, but not one from ou; wvu offering as a qb; we dont recruit texas unless a kid is really interested, so we'll see

I've heard from a few people now that Bernard wants to leave the state. I am actually surprised he said Miami leads...Would not surprise me at all to see him go to a school like Boston College or Oregon State.

JoeyJr09
02-17-2009, 03:32 PM
I've heard from a few people now that Bernard wants to leave the state. I am actually surprised he said Miami leads...Would not surprise me at all to see him go to a school like Boston College or Oregon State.

Ive heard the opposite.

The only ons spewing that garbage that the idiots that hate the idea of us passing on Lamb and Clements because they are form MNW and BTW.

You been spending too much time on CS. Your sounding like them.

Ive long been hearing we where the leader and that he was favoring us. In fact the only other legit option Ive heard other then us is Oregon State cause of his bro.

Hollywood
02-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Ive heard the opposite.

The only ons spewing that garbage that the idiots that hate the idea of us passing on Lamb and Clements because they are form MNW and BTW.

You been spending too much time on CS. Your sounding like them.

Ive long been hearing we where the leader and that he was favoring us. In fact the only other legit option Ive heard other then us is Oregon State cause of his bro.

I didn't hear that from CS, fwiw.

BigJohn98
02-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Florida State finally offers Jeff Luc. He said if we offered a while ago he would have commited. Said he always wanted an FSU offer.

keylime_5
02-17-2009, 04:30 PM
I have been casually following Fort Wayne, IN runningback Rod Smith's recruitment over the past 6 months, I know he's always been high on Ohio State and Ohio State has had him near the top of their RB board, but being an OOS recruit with only 1 offer (Iowa) lots of Buckeye fans have swept him under the rug for now with all the attention Spencer Ware and Erick Howard have been getting, and some question if he'd ever get an offer b/c of grades. Apparently our coaches have told him they plan on offering, and I know he's a Buckeye lock if we offer. One of the best backs in Indiana high school history, nearly 6-4/220 and quite an athlete with good speed and a great vertical leap. Potential top 100 kid, maybe a 5 star if he blows up at combines and all star games but that's getting ahead.

Sniper
02-17-2009, 04:53 PM

Stop plagiarizing, start giving links.

wicket
02-17-2009, 04:59 PM
I have been casually following Fort Wayne, IN runningback Rod Smith's recruitment over the past 6 months, I know he's always been high on Ohio State and Ohio State has had him near the top of their RB board, but being an OOS recruit with only 1 offer (Iowa) lots of Buckeye fans have swept him under the rug for now with all the attention Spencer Ware and Erick Howard have been getting, and some question if he'd ever get an offer b/c of grades. Apparently our coaches have told him they plan on offering, and I know he's a Buckeye lock if we offer. One of the best backs in Indiana high school history, nearly 6-4/220 and quite an athlete with good speed and a great vertical leap. Potential top 100 kid, maybe a 5 star if he blows up at combines and all star games but that's getting ahead.

I think he'd have a tough time getting into osu, also 5* is really overrated, not even the best in state prospect

keylime_5
02-17-2009, 07:03 PM
In the update published today he was told by Ohio State to expect an offer soon. He's in the conversation for one of the top backs in the midwest, but his lack of offers due to grades and the fact that he's not been at a bunch of camps and combines have caused him to fly under the radar this early.

BigJohn98
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Lamarcus Joyner is now enrolled at St. Thomas Aquinas.

Hollywood
02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Lamarcus Joyner is now enrolled at St. Thomas Aquinas.

Best team in the country. MNW vs. St. Thomas this year is going to be an epic match up.

sbh15
02-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Kenbrell Thompkins listed Florida as a favorite... hopefully he'll be one of the top JUCO guys.

cdub11
02-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Orangebloods.com says QB Connor Wood will commit to Texas today

BigJohn98
02-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Best team in the country. MNW vs. St. Thomas this year is going to be an epic match up.

STA is also rumored to be playing Byrnes this year.

BigJohn98
02-18-2009, 01:43 PM
De'Joshua Johnson has set his decision date for September 27.

Hollywood
02-18-2009, 02:03 PM
STA is also rumored to be playing Byrnes this year.

Yea I've heard that and Byrnes is absolutely loaded too, but the final score IMO will be ...45-13. :) St. Thomas is going to roll. I kind of wish they were playing a Texas or Cali team.

BigJohn98
02-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Yea I've heard that and Byrnes is absolutely loaded too, but the final score IMO will be ...45-13. :) St. Thomas is going to roll. I kind of wish they were playing a Texas or Cali team.

Byrnes is one of the best teams in the country. It will not be a blowout. Especially after what STA lost this year.

bwillie26
02-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Orangebloods.com says QB Connor Wood will commit to Texas today

DOH!

This means Blake Bell will likely be headed to Oklahoma.

wicket
02-18-2009, 03:03 PM
DOH!

jep i dont think the fact that ND offered him today will make any difference whatsoever. Things look bad for us qb recruitingwise

Hollywood
02-18-2009, 03:31 PM
DOH!

Yea and it looks Oklahoma is going to offer this weekend too. Would not surprise me to see him commit within a month.

wicket
02-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Yea and it looks Oklahoma is going to offer this weekend too. Would not surprise me to see him commit within a month.

according to rivals they did today
edit: oklahoma offer that is, bell didnt commit

cdub11
02-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Nick Montana was in Austin today, Im guessing Connor Wood was worried about him committing

Anyone heard anything about Matt Simms possibly going to OU after this year?

JRTPlaya21
02-18-2009, 04:01 PM
http://www.newsok.com/ou-football-notebook-bradford-to-be-honored-tonight/article/3346192?custom_click=pod_headline_ou-sports

He's thinking about going to OU or PSU

Sniper
02-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Devin Gardner dropped Ohio State. He didn't want to be a contingency plan for them.

wicket
02-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Nick Montana was in Austin today, Im guessing Connor Wood was worried about him committing

Anyone heard anything about Matt Simms possibly going to OU after this year?

sorry but i cant see montana going to texas, he goes to the sec big 10 or usc or really really maybe ND, he wanted to visit almost everything where he hadnt been before and he passed by you on his way back from ohio state. Is there a reason you guys are taking 2 qbs btw?

cdub11
02-18-2009, 04:21 PM
sorry but i cant see montana going to texas, he goes to the sec big 10 or usc or really really maybe ND, he wanted to visit almost everything where he hadnt been before and he passed by you on his way back from ohio state. Is there a reason you guys are taking 2 qbs btw?

I didn't think Montana would go to Texas either, I think Mack brought him in to put the pressure on Connor Wood.

The reason for 2 QB's is that Mack recruits to replace Juniors and Texas has 2 Jr. QBs... John Chiles and Sherrod Harris

wicket
02-18-2009, 04:26 PM
I didn't think Montana would go to Texas either, I think Mack brought him in to put the pressure on Connor Wood.

The reason for 2 QB's is that Mack recruits to replace Juniors and Texas has 2 Jr. QBs... John Chiles and Sherrod Harris

fair enough, I wouldnt want to be in the class behind gibbert (or whats his name) though, certainly not in a 2 qb class.

cdub11
02-18-2009, 04:29 PM
fair enough, I wouldnt want to be in the class behind gilbert (or whats his name) though, certainly not in a 2 qb class.

I agree, but I wont complain :)

Garrett Gilbert

JRTPlaya21
02-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Gabbert lol. Future Heisman winner btw.

wicket
02-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Gabbert lol. Future Heisman winner btw.

in what year is he supposed to do so cause of clausen winning it back to back with floyd, crist and chris martin winning it the three years after (a man can dream right) ;)

wicket
02-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Notre Dame is trying to become Saint Thomas Aquinas College, we already have offered the fourth guy from that school in this class whilst we already have a bunch of guys from that school on our roster.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-18-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.newsok.com/ou-football-notebook-bradford-to-be-honored-tonight/article/3346192?custom_click=pod_headline_ou-sports

He's thinking about going to OU or PSU

This kid doesn't have a chance in hell of coming to PSU. After what went down with Chris Simms recruitment, and how Phil dicked PSU, I guarantee that they wouldn't like hearing what Joe has to say. Matt seems like a screw up off the field as well, so couple that with the fact that he isn't near the prospect Chris was, I'd say he better be praying Oklahoma takes him if he is thinking OU/PSU. God I hate all the Simms.

sbh15
02-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Florida offered DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa today...

anyone know much about him? All I saw was that he dominated the All-American combine.

BRAVEHEART
02-18-2009, 07:18 PM

I've said it before, he is not coming here, he's not even high on USC's list. USC probably wont end up with a QB this year, but if they do...It's Pete Thomas.

Newbs24
02-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Doesn't look like Ricardo Miller is going to have the chance to compete for the #1 wr spot in Florida next year. Some solid talk about him moving to Michigan and going to Ann Arbor Huron (Jeremy Jacksons school) for his senior year. Still waiting for a definite answer from him but 2 good sources (1 on each site) have confirmed it with him

I would really like it. He won't be around all the recruits from FL anymore but will be around them whenever they visit Ann Arbor.

Hollywood
02-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Doesn't look like Ricardo Miller is going to have the chance to compete for the #1 wr spot in Florida next year. Some solid talk about him moving to Michigan and going to Ann Arbor Huron (Jeremy Jacksons school) for his senior year. Still waiting for a definite answer from him but 2 good sources (1 on each site) have confirmed it with him

I would really like it. He won't be around all the recruits from FL anymore but will be around them whenever they visit Ann Arbor.

I haven't been following Miller's recruitment much, I only know that he has been solid to you guys for awhile, but what is his connection to Michigan? How did Michigan manage to pull a top player like that out of Gator country so early and apparently easily?

P-L
02-18-2009, 09:26 PM
I haven't been following Miller's recruitment much, I only know that he has been solid to you guys for awhile, but what is his connection to Michigan? How did Michigan manage to pull a top player like that out of Gator country so early and apparently easily?
His mom is a U-M alum and he's been a fan pretty much his whole life.

Newbs24
02-18-2009, 09:26 PM
His mother is a University of Michigan graduate. Always had us on his mind and the staff made it a priority to land him early. They wanted him bad after his camp performance last summer and went all out on him and Jeremy Jackson.

bwillie26
02-18-2009, 09:41 PM
jep i dont think the fact that ND offered him today will make any difference whatsoever. Things look bad for us qb recruitingwise

Did not matter either way. Bell was going to either Nebraska or Oklahoma.

Hopefully Blake realizes he was option #2 for Oklahoma and that may sway him. But I completely doubt that.

Gchu83
02-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Connor Wood to Texas.

JayP
02-18-2009, 10:12 PM

Very. Seems like the staff went all out for Heaps, but everyone is conceding he's probably UW bound. Gardner seemed to be the #2, but no one seems to know where he's leaning. #3 was Wood, but he's gone, and #4 seemed to be Bell, whose also a longshot.

ND has to land a top-flight QB this year. With Clausen only having a year left after this one and Crist with 3 left after this one, plus only 2 QBs on schollie, this is a great opportunity.

BRAVEHEART
02-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Very. Seems like the staff went all out for Heaps, but everyone is conceding he's probably UW bound. Gardner seemed to be the #2, but no one seems to know where he's leaning. #3 was Wood, but he's gone, and #4 seemed to be Bell, whose also a longshot.

ND has to land a top-flight QB this year. With Clausen only having a year left after this one and Crist with 3 left after this one, plus only 2 QBs on schollie, this is a great opportunity.

Aren't there some decent guys in Indiana this year?

JoeyJr09
02-19-2009, 07:32 AM
De'Joshua Johnson's top 2 are FSU and Miami.

He says he grew up an FSU fan but cheers for Miami whenever they dont play FSU (WTF?). His best friend is TE Zach Allen who should be a pretty early commit to Miami. Likely by summer.

DJ says him and Allen are thinking about going to the same school but that its 50-50 at the moment.

No reason for me to think DJ is picking anyone but FSU but Im rather surprised at how favorable to Miami his recent news has been.

He even looked like a natural throwing up the U in his picture.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Joey, how good is Ricardo Miller's soon-to-be former teammate Kenny Shaw? I hear he likes Michigan quite a bit.

JoeyJr09
02-19-2009, 08:17 AM
Notre Dame is trying to become Saint Thomas Aquinas College, we already have offered the fourth guy from that school in this class whilst we already have a bunch of guys from that school on our roster.

If your trying to become STA college, you need to step ur game up.

He just had Anthony Reddick a former STA player graduate from us last season. He should catch on as an UDFA somewhere. We have Leonard Hankerson playing WR for us. And weve put multiple of them in the NFL (most recent being Ravens LB Tavares Gooden a 3rd RD pick last year). Too bad Major Wright isnt on that list. Would have been here if not for the Brian Pata shooting scaring his mom off.

And weve offer 6 of the this year so far. Saftey Brian Robinson (open), CB Cody Riggs (likely OOS), RB Giovanni Bernard (Miami lean), CB LaMarcus Joyner (FSU lean), K Mike Palardy (Miami lean), and the best of them all, OT Brandon Linder (Miami lean)

Who are the 4 youve offered?

keylime_5
02-19-2009, 08:23 AM
STA has a ridiculous secondary. Riggs and Joyner at CBs + Robinson at S = no passing yards against.

JoeyJr09
02-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Joey, how good is Ricardo Miller's soon-to-be former teammate Kenny Shaw? I hear he likes Michigan quite a bit.

Havent seen a ton on him but wasnt overly impressed with what I did see and Ive never heard anyone say anything about him (good or bad) other the hes Miller's teammate. Seems like just another guy from what I can tell.

Ive said before tho that I wouldnt take anyone from there other then Miller. Just not worth it unless its a top level talent like Miller. Too many busts from that place.

P-L
02-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Out of curiosity, who has busted besides Ryan Moore? I have only been into recruiting for about three years, so I don't recall anyone else.

EDIT: I too haven't been overly impressed with Kenny Shaw. I wish U-M would pass on him, unless they think it can help land them Demetrius Hart. It's still early, but Demetrius looks like a special talent.

ToldLikeItIs
02-19-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm calling AJ Derby as a 5* right now, the top Dual-Threat QB.
and..
He'll be a Hawkeye, which is nice.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Out of curiosity, who has busted besides Ryan Moore? I have only been into recruiting for about three years, so I don't recall anyone else.

EDIT: I too haven't been overly impressed with Kenny Shaw. I wish U-M would pass on him, unless they think it can help land them Demetrius Hart. It's still early, but Demetrius looks like a special talent.

I think Demetrius is coming either way.

VoteLynnSwan
02-19-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm calling AJ Derby as a 5* right now, the top Dual-Threat QB.
and..
He'll be a Hawkeye, which is nice.

well since YOU were the one making these predictions... i'm gonna go ahead and say it's safe to say that AJ Derby will not only NOT be a 5*, but he will NOT be the top Dual-Threat QB, and he will NOT be a Hawkeye.

I wanna test my theory that everything you say is wrong.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm calling AJ Derby the top Dual-Threat QB.

Fail fail fail fail.

VoteLynnSwan
02-19-2009, 09:37 AM
so i'm actually going to keep track of all Told's predictions in a word document, in an effort to prove my theory. I'll be interested in seeing the results, and I'll post them here at intervals... I know it's a waste of time, but I really want to know how often he's wrong.

My prediction would probably be something along the lines of 66%-75% of the time. We'll see the actual results though.

JoeyJr09
02-19-2009, 09:57 AM

Im at work so I cant look up the guys that have played there and its hard to remember stuff like that off the top my head. I tend to forget about the crappy players. I know Joe Joseph is from there. He was a 4 star I believe and has been about as bad as any DT in the nation while hes been here.

You can look them up tho. They have a laundry list of guys in the NCAA, very few are even serviceable.

JayP
02-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Aren't there some decent guys in Indiana this year?

Decent isn't gonna cut it. For ND to get back to where they want to be, Weis has to land a top flight QB at least every other class. Since he said he wants a QB every year, ND is short. If (seriously knocking on wood) Clausen and Crist go down, Nate Montana is next in line. Not an ideal situation...just look at UCLA last year for reference.

If your trying to become STA college, you need to step ur game up.

He just had Anthony Reddick a former STA player graduate from us last season. He should catch on as an UDFA somewhere. We have Leonard Hankerson playing WR for us. And weve put multiple of them in the NFL (most recent being Ravens LB Tavares Gooden a 3rd RD pick last year). Too bad Major Wright isnt on that list. Would have been here if not for the Brian Pata shooting scaring his mom off.

And weve offer 6 of the this year so far. Saftey Brian Robinson (open), CB Cody Riggs (likely OOS), RB Giovanni Bernard (Miami lean), CB LaMarcus Joyner (FSU lean), K Mike Palardy (Miami lean), and the best of them all, OT Brandon Linder (Miami lean)

Who are the 4 youve offered?

I think Wicket was talking about that ND has Sam Young and Dan Wenger plus Ben Turk and Jordan Cowart coming in. All STA guys.

ND has offered Riggs, Bernard, Linder, and Joyner....so he could mean those 4.

ToldLikeItIs
02-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Ok, top 2 DTQB.

No worse than #50 in the country overral.

and a Hawkeye.

Fair enough?

JoeyJr09
02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Im gonna laugh if Derby doesnt even make the Elite11 after all this hype Told is bringing.

sbh15
02-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Ok, top 2 DTQB.

No worse than #50 in the country overral.

and a Hawkeye.

Fair enough?

Trey Burton #1 ;)

iowatreat54
02-19-2009, 11:36 AM
Isn't Derby listed as a safety right now? I know Iowa is recruiting him at QB, but Idk who else is. Maybe another year of playing QB that could change, but right now it won't.

However, I do believe he will be a 5*.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Isn't Derby listed as a safety right now? I know Iowa is recruiting him at QB, but Idk who else is. Maybe another year of playing QB that could change, but right now it won't.

However, I do believe he will be a 5*.

Don't kid yourself. He's a white kid skill-position player from Iowa. As good as he may be, he won't be a five star, whether it's right or wrong.

iowatreat54
02-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Don't kid yourself. He's a white kid skill-position player from Iowa. As good as he may be, he won't be a five star, whether it's right or wrong.

Hey, don't crush my dreams!

Also, it's fun to open Iowa's rivals page and the top story was talking about us recruiting a kid from Iowa that plays 8 man football. YAY!

Hokie_Pokie08
02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Florida offered DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa today...

anyone know much about him? All I saw was that he dominated the All-American combine.

Now that is a name right there. All 6 vowels and 12 of the 26 total letters in the alphabet. Probably has a cool meaning as well.

iowatreat54
02-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Now that is a name right there. All 6 vowels and 12 of the 26 total letters in the alphabet. Probably has a cool meaning as well.

There is no Y, therefore there are only 5 vowels and if there were a Y it prolly wouldn't be considered a vowel in the first place.

BRAVEHEART
02-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Decent isn't gonna cut it. For ND to get back to where they want to be, Weis has to land a top flight QB at least every other class. Since he said he wants a QB every year, ND is short. If (seriously knocking on wood) Clausen and Crist go down, Nate Montana is next in line. Not an ideal situation...just look at UCLA last year for reference.

I think Wicket was talking about that ND has Sam Young and Dan Wenger plus Ben Turk and Jordan Cowart coming in. All STA guys.

Nate Montana is "decent", besides for his surname, I don't understand the hype he gets.

VoteLynnSwan
02-19-2009, 12:53 PM

Well if he goes to a school like Florida or USC he could certainly have a chance at being a 5*.

Lets take a look at Told's predictions regarding Derby...

1. He will be the #1 Dual Threat QB
2. He will be a 5*
3. He will be a Hawkeye

This is the way I see it... the best he could do here is 2/3 correct, and it's much more likely that he'd be AT BEST 1/3 correct.

Let me break it down.

Lets assume that #1 is true. He will certainly have a good chance at achieving #2, although that is not a certainty. But, if he IS the best Dual threat QB in the country, it is VERY unlikely that he would go to Iowa since he would garner interest from every top program in the country.

Lets now assume #2 is true. If he's a 5*, then #1 is likely true as well (although not certain), and again, #3 has little chance of happening since he'll have interest from everywhere (much better programs with much better history than Iowa I mean)

Lets now assume #3 is true. If he does commit to the Hawkeyes, even with offers from other good schools, it's unlikely that the recruiting services would pay much attention to him since he plays weak competition, is from Iowa, and has already committed. It's unlikely therefore that he would be the #1 Dual threat QB, and EXTREMELY unlikely that he would be a 5* under these conditions.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Nate Montana is "decent", besides for his surname, I don't understand the hype he gets.

Nate Montana gets no hype. He's a walk-on at Notre Dame.

P-L
02-19-2009, 12:59 PM
I agree with what SNIPER said. He's a white "dual threat" quarterback from Iowa. Scout has him listed as a WR/S and Rivals mentions the possibility of him moving to TE in college. Scout, who is very liberal with 5* ratings, only has him as a 4* right now. I just can't see a white kid from Iowa getting a 5* rating, whether he is deserving or not.

BRAVEHEART
02-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Nate Montana gets no hype. He's a walk-on at Notre Dame.

You're right, I meant "nick" montana.

BRAVEHEART
02-19-2009, 01:03 PM
I agree with what SNIPER said. He's a white "dual threat" quarterback from Iowa. Scout has him listed as a WR/S and Rivals mentions the possibility of him moving to TE in college. Scout, who is very liberal with 5* ratings, only has him as a 4* right now. I just can't see a white kid from Iowa getting a 5* rating, whether he is deserving or not.

Rivals (usc site) also has him pegged as a possession receiver.

ToldLikeItIs
02-19-2009, 01:27 PM
I said 1-2
top 50 at worst
Hawkeye

He had the strongest arm at the AA combine, according to rivals.

JoeyJr09
02-19-2009, 02:04 PM
I said 1-2
top 50 at worst
Hawkeye

He had the strongest arm at the AA combine, according to rivals.

Id bet at least 2 of Trey Burton, Jeffery Godfrey and Christian Green are rated high as DT QBs.

ToldLikeItIs
02-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Thought Green was an ATH?

Sniper
02-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Id bet at least 2 of Trey Burton, Jeffery Godfrey and Christian Green are rated high as DT QBs.

Devin Gardner, Terrance Broadway and Paul Jones could also make a case.

wicket
02-19-2009, 05:06 PM

you are right on both accounts my son ;)

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
02-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Devin Gardner, Terrance Broadway and Paul Jones could also make a case.

I thought Paul Jones was strictly a pocket passer?

Sniper
02-19-2009, 05:20 PM

You're right. He is. I just assumed since PSU recruited him and they're running their "spread HD" that he could run well.

FatJJ44
02-19-2009, 07:00 PM
I know its early but how good is demetrius hart. I've heard there's a chance he'll be a 5 star next year

Hokie_Pokie08
02-19-2009, 07:21 PM
There is no Y, therefore there are only 5 vowels and if there were a Y it prolly wouldn't be considered a vowel in the first place.

I'm an idiot and forgot how to count. I think of Y as a consonant so he has all 5 vowels.

Newbs24
02-19-2009, 09:10 PM
I know its early but how good is demetrius hart. I've heard there's a chance he'll be a 5 star next year

He looks like a good RB prospect. Good speed. Tough for a smaller back. Love the last name. Would take him in a heartbeat for Michigan. Lets see what happens on September 1 with him. No clue on star rating though. WAY too early to predict 5 stars. can't see how he would be lessthan a 4 star though.

Numbers don't lie. He had 36 REC for 547 YDS and 4 TDs, then had 870YDs rushing at 6.8 YPC and 12TDs as a sophomore. Also had a punt return for a TD and average over 20 per return on both kicks and punts.

Not bad to get that many catches when Kenny shaw had 64 catches for 900 yards and 10 TDs and Ricardo had 34 rec for 620 yards and 8 TDs. Should get more touches with Rico gone next year too.

Hines
02-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Looks like Penn Hills ATH, Brandon Ifill, favors Michigan and Maryland.

P-L
02-19-2009, 09:26 PM
I find it funny how all these schools are neg. recruiting Michigan because Rodriguez "doesn't throw the ball" and yet, we have receivers lined up around the block wanting to play for us.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 09:40 PM
I find it funny how all these schools are neg. recruiting Michigan because Rodriguez "doesn't throw the ball" and yet, we have receivers lined up around the block wanting to play for us.

Every WR that Rodriguez has recruited to Michigan has been ranked at least four stars by one of the two major recruiting services. Impressive.

ironman4579
02-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Negative recruiting probably doesn't work that well when Rod can tell recruits that Michigan threw the ball about 28 times last season, which is probably more than alot of the teams using that one did.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Negative recruiting probably doesn't work that well when Rod can tell recruits that Michigan threw the ball about 28 times last season, which is probably more than alot of the teams using that one.

Maybe, but it is skewed by the fact that UM was down by nine touchdowns every game.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 09:52 PM
TX DT Jay Guy commits to Cal, angers me.

P-L
02-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Well I just read that Michigan is recruiting Ifill as corner, but my point still stands.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Well I just read that Michigan is recruiting Ifill as corner, but my point still stands.

Ifill, Cullen Christian, Dior Mathis and Lo Wood would make for one hell of a corner haul.

P-L
02-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeah, but unless scholarships open up, and some will, we won't be able to take everyone. Right now we have, I believe 17 or 18 'ships for next year. When it's all said and done, we might have 20-22. Not sure we're going to take four receivers AND four corners.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, but unless scholarships open up, and some will, we won't be able to take everyone. Right now we have, I believe 17 or 18 'ships for next year. When it's all said and done, we might have 20-22. Not sure we're going to take four receivers AND four corners.

Are you sure? I mean, I thought there were four unused scholarships already to start with. Throw in the fact that Nick Sherideath comes off of scholarship and the class wasn't full last year...I mean, you're probably right, but I'm surprised.

P-L
02-19-2009, 10:33 PM
We have 81 players on scholarship this season. That's 4 open slots and we have 13 seniors. That's 17. Barring a bad season, Warren is probably going to bolt for the NFL after this year. That makes 18 and we can probably assume that 2-4 more free up. Can't really expect many more beyond that.

TexasKing007
02-19-2009, 11:21 PM
We have 81 players on scholarship this season. That's 4 open slots and we have 13 seniors. That's 17. Barring a bad season, Warren is probably going to bolt for the NFL after this year. That makes 18 and we can probably assume that 2-4 more free up. Can't really expect many more beyond that.

What about Threet's transfer? Doesn't that open up an extra scholarship?

Sniper
02-19-2009, 11:27 PM
What about Threet's transfer? Doesn't that open up an extra scholarship?

Probably in that 2-4 extra he mentioned.

ironman4579
02-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Maybe, but it is skewed by the fact that UM was down by nine touchdowns every game.

Yea, but at least it's a response to the "Rodriguez doesn't throw the ball" argument, even though it is skewed somewhat.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-19-2009, 11:56 PM

He isn't really, I'm not sure why both sites list him that way. If you've ever seen his highlights, or watched PJ play live, it is very evident that he can take off and run. Scout lists him as having a 5.03 40 from a Pittsburgh combine, but many of the top prospects had unspectacular numbers that day. Gun to my head, I'd say he is a 4.7-4.8 guy...and quite frankly Daryll Clark isn't much faster than that (Devlin was right there too).

If I am not mistaken, the sites also list him as 6'2-6'3 215-220 - he is still very much growing, and as recently as a few weeks ago said that he is 6'4 230 pounds. He'll attend PSU Nike, May 2nd, as well as an Elite-11 tryout/combine at UMPC (Pittsburgh) in early March...so it will be interesting to see A) whether he can become an Elite 11 QB prospect for the '10 class and, B) whether that 40 holds up or not, particularly if he is a legit 6'4 230 now.

Sniper
02-20-2009, 07:34 AM
He isn't really, I'm not sure why both sites list him that way. If you've ever seen his highlights, or watched PJ play live, it is very evident that he can take off and run. Scout lists him as having a 5.03 40 from a Pittsburgh combine, but many of the top prospects had unspectacular numbers that day. Gun to my head, I'd say he is a 4.7-4.8 guy...and quite frankly Daryll Clark isn't much faster than that (Devlin was right there too).

If I am not mistaken, the sites also list him as 6'2-6'3 215-220 - he is still very much growing, and as recently as a few weeks ago said that he is 6'4 230 pounds. He'll attend PSU Nike, May 2nd, as well as an Elite-11 tryout/combine at UMPC (Pittsburgh) in early March...so it will be interesting to see A) whether he can become an Elite 11 QB prospect for the '10 class and, B) whether that 40 holds up or not, particularly if he is a legit 6'4 230 now.

He's probably listed as a pocket passer because he had roughly 150 yards rushing for the year, according to one article on RecruitingPlanet.

Hines
02-20-2009, 08:39 AM
He's probably listed as a pocket passer because he had roughly 150 yards rushing for the year, according to one article on RecruitingPlanet.

I read another one saying he is more then capable of taking off and running, but his coach told him not too because he didn't want Jones to get hurt.

Hines
02-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Can anyone who follows California tell me more about Sean Parker? I saw that Penn State offered him and I watched his film. He looks pretty good. Is it a thing where if USC offers, they will get him, or is he looking around?

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-20-2009, 09:25 AM
probably a long shot...but I've heard that KB really made an impression out in CA while recruiting during '09. Former VA high school/1AA collegiate player/high school HC that Joe has kept around for years...couldn't find a place on the staff for him until Jordan's father Brian Norwood left to become the DC at Baylor under Art Briles. He is apparently well liked out there by quite a few high school coaches...probably usc for Parker though. :(

Also we haven't offered yet, but '10 NC ATH (DE?) Christian McCain has visited unofficially b4 and favors Clemson, Cal, UNC, Penn State & Wake Forest.

'10 NJ TE Kevin Haplea is taking an unofficial to PSU. Don't know much about him other than his 4.75 listed 40 time, 4.36 short shuttle and 6'4 230 listing. Could be one of 2 potential TEs we take in the 2010 class, assuming the staff wants/offers him as more of a traditional TE.

-Also an article from Nittany Network on Khairi Fortt today ; http://www.nittanynetwork.com/index.php/component/resource/article/7-recruiting-stories/228-building-on-fortt

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-20-2009, 09:27 AM
HAH...you beat me too it hines. Kermit Buggs has made a favorable impression in CA while recruiting, but it would appear that this kid (Sean Parker) is very close with '09 USC ATH/S B. Moore (same H.S.), and has also said ND was his #1 school at one point earlier. This will be a hard kid to get...guess we'll see.

wicket
02-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Can anyone who follows California tell me more about Sean Parker? I saw that Penn State offered him and I watched his film. He looks pretty good. Is it a thing where if USC offers, they will get him, or is he looking around?

usc or nd all the way

Marino13
02-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Ricardo Miller will be moving out of Florida this summer and to Michigan. He will attend Huron HS and be teammates with fellow Michigan commit Jeremy Jackson.

Whoever is QB for that team is gonna have some fun next year.

Hines
02-20-2009, 11:51 AM
probably a long shot...but I've heard that KB really made an impression out in CA while recruiting during '09. Former VA high school/1AA collegiate player/high school HC that Joe has kept around for years...couldn't find a place on the staff for him until Jordan's father Brian Norwood left to become the DC at Baylor under Art Briles. He is apparently well liked out there by quite a few high school coaches...probably usc for Parker though. :(

Also we haven't offered yet, but '10 NC ATH (DE?) Christian McCain has visited unofficially b4 and favors Clemson, Cal, UNC, Penn State & Wake Forest.

'10 NJ TE Kevin Haplea is taking an unofficial to PSU. Don't know much about him other than his 4.75 listed 40 time, 4.36 short shuttle and 6'4 230 listing. Could be one of 2 potential TEs we take in the 2010 class, assuming the staff wants/offers him as more of a traditional TE.

-Also an article from Nittany Network on Khairi Fortt today ; http://www.nittanynetwork.com/index.php/component/resource/article/7-recruiting-stories/228-building-on-fortt

Fortt is a must get. I think he might be better then Mike Hull, but they both are excellent linebacking prospects. I hope him and Silas want to play together.

wicket
02-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Fortt is a must get. I think he might be better then Mike Hull, but they both are excellent linebacking prospects. I hope him and Silas want to play together.

ND also regards him as a must get, the guy is awesome

Hines
02-20-2009, 12:04 PM
ND also regards him as a must get, the guy is awesome

That he sure is. Him and Silas Redd are really close friends. Silas Redd is pretty much a lock to Penn State. I would expect Fortt to at least look at Penn State hard. I think we land him.

What position is Chris Martin going to play for you guys? DE? LB?

Sniper
02-20-2009, 12:13 PM
That he sure is. Him and Silas Redd are really close friends. Silas Redd is pretty much a lock to Penn State. I would expect Fortt to at least look at Penn State hard. I think we land him.

If Silas Redd goes anywhere besides PSU, I'll be shocked.

Obviously not an ND fan, but he could be the 3-4 OLB they need to run a 3-4. They're getting the pieces necessary for the 3-4. They've got Te'o, Stockton, now Martin that all fit nicely in a 3-4.

wicket
02-20-2009, 02:29 PM

yeah but we are gonna switch to a base 4-3 with almost always a rushing linebacker. Martin will play de though for us, im pretty sure of that. it looks like he will come into nd weighing about 240-250 and with him prolly being an ee he could hit the weight room early an play as a true of redshirt freshman i believe. IMO he has the most impressive highlight clip ive seen or '10 with Jeff Luc and Jackson Jeffcoat being in contention there as well

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-20-2009, 05:05 PM
We've offered MI TE/DE C.J. Olaniyan...PSU that is.

wicket
02-20-2009, 07:26 PM
ND offered montana, not saying he comes here but it certainly is a gamechanger in his recruitement.

keylime_5
02-20-2009, 10:11 PM
they put the ball in his court with the offer for sure. Now we see if the montana-weis grudge holds any water and if Nick is gung-ho Irish or if Joe's son goes somewhere else than pop like Peyton Manning, Jimmy Clausen, etc.

IrishTrojan
02-21-2009, 03:26 AM
Sean Parker, DB got USC offer today.
Malcolm Jones, RB got USC offer today.
Tony Jefferson, ATH got USC offer yesterday.

El Peefs?????
02-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Ricardo Miller will be moving out of Florida this summer and to Michigan. He will attend Huron HS and be teammates with fellow Michigan commit Jeremy Jackson.

Whoever is QB for that team is gonna have some fun next year.

Will be a nice offense down there at Huron for sure. I just hope Miller keeps up his contact with Florida recruits, hes one of our best recruiters down there.

wicket
02-21-2009, 03:35 AM
they put the ball in his court with the offer for sure. Now we see if the montana-weis grudge holds any water and if Nick is gung-ho Irish or if Joe's son goes somewhere else than pop like Peyton Manning, Jimmy Clausen, etc.

i believe the montana-weis thing is just a weird rumor that somehow was created. I honoustly dont think a word of it is true since montana was one of the guys that supported weis when his job was in peril. Not sure at all though how montana stands towards this offer or what kinda prospect he is tbh. if i had to guess he would be a low 4* but that is more word of mouth and offerlist based than filmbased. honoustly i think nd will know either way in a couple of weeks.

IrishTrojan
02-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Montana the prospect is very overrated, if his name was smith he would be a 3 star prospect

JFLO
02-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Wrong Thread, my bad

Sniper
02-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Will be a nice offense down there at Huron for sure. I just hope Miller keeps up his contact with Florida recruits, hes one of our best recruiters down there.

He said he's going to be at every Michigan home game to recruit. ;)

keylime_5
02-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Montana the prospect is very overrated, if his name was smith he would be a 3 star prospect

well he has a good arm and stellar mechanics (big surprise) and is very mobile, runs like a 4.6/4.7. His tape looks good on the same team Jimmy Clausen played for. Add those things to the fact that his dad is Joe Montana and thus the early offers from big names like Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, and Florida State. I think he'd be a 4 star prospect if his name wasn't Montana, but he's getting the early offers of a 5 star, top 50 player. I know Ohio State's coaches genuinely feel Montana is a better QB than Devin Gardner (of course potential upside isn't as high) and that there is a significant enough gap to not offer them both and play first come first serve like they do with a lot of recruits. You don't just put a guy #1 on your board b/c of his name, so I think he's definitely legit.

TexasKing007
02-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Montana visited our campus (Texas) last week and visited with the coaches but I see no chance of him coming here.

I doubt we will even offer him since we already have baby McCoy and the #1 QB in the state already verbally committed.

keylime_5
02-21-2009, 11:01 AM
yeah, Montana said he's no longer considering Texas after they filled their 2 QB quota. No offer's gonna come from them anyway. I think the teams to watch for him are Ohio State, Notre Dame, and those California schools if they offer. Oregon could be a factor too.

Punisher
02-21-2009, 11:46 AM

Glad to see another Trojan fan on here. I recognize your name from WeAreSC. Fight On!

Hokie_Pokie08
02-21-2009, 01:58 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/02/20/2010-qbs/index.html?eref=T1

Sims said Georgia has told him true freshman quarterback Zach Mettenberger could be moved to tight end eventually and said Alabama told him redshirt freshman Star Jackson could be moved to another position as well.

How quickly these other top QB recruits are thrown under the bus by their coaching staffs in order to try and entice another recruit. I don't see how these kids can't look at that and wonder whether or not it will be done to them in the future for the next top recruit?

keylime_5
02-21-2009, 02:03 PM
West Chester, OH Tight End Alex Smith commits to Cincinnati. This is a big deal, Brian Kelly stole a guy that a lot of big ten teams wanted including Michigan (who offered) and Ohio State (who were gonna offer eventually). He is the top TE in Ohio this year and is one of the top 10 players in the state - at least top 12.

Then again I think there's a decent chance this commit doesn't last until signing day, especially if Ohio State gets involved and really starts pushing him, long way until next February.

JRTPlaya21
02-21-2009, 04:18 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/02/20/2010-qbs/index.html?eref=T1

How quickly these other top QB recruits are thrown under the bus by their coaching staffs in order to try and entice another recruit. I don't see how these kids can't look at that and wonder whether or not it will be done to them in the future for the next top recruit?

It's a shame that these coaches can tell you one year that you'll play this position; then when someone else highly touted comes along you're on the backburner.

Jonny
02-22-2009, 01:45 AM
West Chester, OH Tight End Alex Smith commits to Cincinnati. This is a big deal, Brian Kelly stole a guy that a lot of big ten teams wanted including Michigan (who offered) and Ohio State (who were gonna offer eventually). He is the top TE in Ohio this year and is one of the top 10 players in the state - at least top 12.

Then again I think there's a decent chance this commit doesn't last until signing day, especially if Ohio State gets involved and really starts pushing him, long way until next February.

Decent chance, sure. Cincinnati is a more explosive offense though.

IrishTrojan
02-22-2009, 05:14 AM
it looks like USC got no commitments at the Junior Day, mostly due to discouraging early commitments.

wicket
02-22-2009, 06:39 AM
it looks like USC got no commitments at the Junior Day, mostly due to discouraging early commitments.

i think that is a good approach as well, ND did it with chance carter for instance. just let them get all doubts out of their system

Hines
02-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Well Sean Parker got that USC offer. I think he stays home and plays with his best friend.

wicket
02-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Well Sean Parker got that USC offer. I think he stays home and plays with his best friend.

yeah he is gonna commit, then decommit and then commit again on signing day ;)

IrishTrojan
02-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I don't care about commitments anymore, the only day the really matters is the first wednesday of feb. Unless a player states that he will not visit anyone else, i will not count on him until he signs. 2009 was a horrible year for players that used recruiting to amuse themself.

bwillie26
02-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Hmm .. maybe Blake Bell isn't as interested in Oklahoma now that he realizes he was only their backup plan. Some folks are saying he still has Nebraska out front and will be up for our Spring Game and possibly for another Junior Day.

I don't know whether to believe that or not since Blake pretty much salivated at the thought of that OU offer.

Bama9507
02-22-2009, 05:02 PM

Oh boo hoo

sbh15
02-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Wow, this kid Justin Hunter sounds like a freak of nature...

Justin Hunter is such a superior athlete that he has been offered scholarships to play three sports – football, basketball and track. Hunter is so gifted that when opponents kick long field goals, he stands in the end zone and tries to block the ball when it sails over the crossbar. It hasn’t happened yet in a game but the team practices that play all the time. His 40-inch vertical helps.

Anyone know anything about him?

Hines
02-23-2009, 03:25 PM

All I know and want to know is that Penn State has a good chance at him. I have read comparisons of Randy Moss.

He is real thin though.

keylime_5
02-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Ohio State got a surprise committment today from TX linebacker David Durham. No one had ever heard of him, he was completely off the radar until his committment today. Really an out of the blue event. Apparently is 6-3/226 and is being recruited as a LEO, which basically means he's gonna do what Nathan Williams does. He'll play in the 3 point stance at Ohio State. What's the story with him TExas people?

Hollywood
02-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Alec Ogletree in a recent interview with an FSU site once again named Miami his leader. He loves UM and I really think with a good season we have a chance to pull him from Georgia, and what a pull he would be at LB.

wicket
02-23-2009, 05:26 PM
ND apparently took a (suprising to me until i read the reasoning) lead for DT Denzel McCoy. One of the nations premier DT's apparently. He grew up a ND fan and a close friend of Tai-ler Jones whose dad amonst others played for ND. I'd be so psyched if we could get both of them. (tbh i feel that we get both or neither)

StickSkills
02-23-2009, 05:28 PM
All I know and want to know is that Penn State has a good chance at him. I have read comparisons of Randy Moss.

He is real thin though.

I want Coxson... I think Penn State will get him.

Hokie_Pokie08
02-23-2009, 10:53 PM

He has high jumped 6-10 in track and has close to a 44 in. vertical. He warms up before football games by jumping up and grabbing onto the top of the basketball backboard and then doing pull-ups. His junior season he was very high on Georgia and said he really was hoping for an offer from Southern Cal, but has changed his tune some in the offseason and has said that he is still open to playing closer to home some. He is very athletic, but is also very thin at the moment. He will be a good one.

cdub11
02-24-2009, 08:10 AM
DB Carrington Byndom committed to Texas last night

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/CARRINGTONBYNDOM11_24200.JPG

DoWnThEfiElD
02-24-2009, 08:47 AM
FL guys what are we looking at with Godfrey? How good is he?

Sniper
02-24-2009, 09:11 AM
SC QB/ATH Cornelius Jones' recruitment doesn't look like it's going to last too much longer...

JoeyJr09
02-24-2009, 09:18 AM
FL guys what are we looking at with Godfrey? How good is he?

Looking more and more like Miami will take a pass on him.

We are barely recruiting him because the staff doesnt like his height and hes not the Pro Style QB we are looking for. Hes basically a duplicate of Highsmith for last year and Highsmith could end up a DB. Michigan has a real good shot here.

Godfreys real good tho. Hes more an athlete then a QB but he can move well and has a better ar then given credit for. Hes not Jacory Harris or Gene Smith but hes a good prospect. Should be a solid 4 star and one of the top 2 QBs in Florida this year.

Miami Tidbits:

- Eduardo Clements is getting worked hard. Starting to think we get him. Starting to wondering who will get the shaft from us at RB. Clements and Bernard are getting the most action from us. Will we pass on Gore? Or maybe the staff was serious about pulling Bryces offer and we take all 3?

- Ivan McCartney got his Miami offer like a week ago and its starting to seem like this could be done way sooner then most UF people like to think.

- Seems like the top of our board for WRs are DJ Johnson, Michaelee Harris and McCartney.

- I already consider Jose Jose a Miami commit.

- LB recruiting is still fuzzy. Olgetree is obviously the big prize and could be our 2nd 5* if we stay on him the way we are but other the that, its anyones guess.

- This is IMO and has no backing, but I hope coaches keep up with Strauss from Gulliver. Hes a solid QB that would be a very underrated backup plan. Especially since Blake Bell is not even remotely likely to come here.

- Hearing good thing on Tai-ler Jones. Still very early tho and ND are the favorites but supposedly we are looking at him as a CB and hes intrigued.

- Thinking we could pull at least 4 STA kids. Maybe get lucky and get 5. Ill let you guys guess at the names, lol.

wicket
02-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Looking more and more like Miami will take a pass on him.

We are barely recruiting him because the staff doesnt like his height and hes not the Pro Style QB we are looking for. Hes basically a duplicate of Highsmith for last year and Highsmith could end up a DB. Michigan has a real good shot here.

Godfreys real good tho. Hes more an athlete then a QB but he can move well and has a better ar then given credit for. Hes not Jacory Harris or Gene Smith but hes a good prospect. Should be a solid 4 star and one of the top 2 QBs in Florida this year.

Miami Tidbits:

- Eduardo Clements is getting worked hard. Starting to think we get him. Starting to wondering who will get the shaft from us at RB. Clements and Bernard are getting the most action from us. Will we pass on Gore? Or maybe the staff was serious about pulling Bryces offer and we take all 3?

- Ivan McCartney got his Miami offer like a week ago and its starting to seem like this could be done way sooner then most UF people like to think.

- Seems like the top of our board for WRs are DJ Johnson, Michaelee Harris and McCartney.

- I already consider Jose Jose a Miami commit.

- LB recruiting is still fuzzy. Olgetree is obviously the big prize and could be our 2nd 5* if we stay on him the way we are but other the that, its anyones guess.

- This is IMO and has no backing, but I hope coaches keep up with Strauss from Gulliver. Hes a solid QB that would be a very underrated backup plan. Especially since Blake Bell is not even remotely likely to come here.

- Hearing good thing on Tai-ler Jones. Still very early tho and ND are the favorites but supposedly we are looking at him as a CB and hes intrigued.

- Thinking we could pull at least 4 STA kids. Maybe get lucky and get 5. Ill let you guys guess at the names, lol.

I actually heard we were doing the same although there is no consensus about it. It would make sense cause we are bound to pull a big wr class anyway and we need more at corner than at wide receiver as it is.
Never had in mind that miami would be a player though, not saying it isnt true or anything just never expected it to be an issue.

JoeyJr09
02-24-2009, 09:35 AM
I actually heard we were doing the same although there is no consensus about it. It would make sense cause we are bound to pull a big wr class anyway and we need more at corner than at wide receiver as it is.
Never had in mind that miami would be a player though, not saying it isnt true or anything just never expected it to be an issue.

Hes visiting us unofficially for our spring game. Thats usually pretty telling about his level of interest.

IrishTrojan
02-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Cassius Marsh is close to a USC commitment, he will however wait until he has seen other university's.

wicket
02-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Hes visiting us unofficially for our spring game. Thats usually pretty telling about his level of interest.

thats not how i meantit. usually prospects dont have miami and nd on their list except when they are from florida.

BigJohn98
02-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Miami Tidbits:

He named Georgia his leader.

BigJohn98
02-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Jeffrey Godfrey has named Michigan his leader.

JoeyJr09
02-24-2009, 02:46 PM
He named Georgia his leader.

Yea and early in the process he named UGA his leader.

You know our history with BTW. Just likeOSU fans with Glenville. Any kid we are pushing hard from BTW, I will continue to assume will be ours.

He already said both his parents are pushing him here.

sbh15
02-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Yea and early in the process he named UGA his leader.

You know our history with BTW. Just likeOSU fans with Glenville. Any kid we are pushing hard from BTW, I will continue to assume will be ours.

He already said both his parents are pushing him here.

Just like Florida is pushing Louis Nix hard and his family is pushing him there?

;)

Just messing with you, but if you apply that same logic, then I could assume he's a Gator.

Obviously it's a different situation when he's already given a solid verbal to UM though.

JoeyJr09
02-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Just like Florida is pushing Louis Nix hard and his family is pushing him there?

;)

Just messing with you, but if you apply that same logic, then I could assume he's a Gator.

Obviously it's a different situation when he's already given a solid verbal to UM though.

Nix's family isnt "pushing" him anywhere. They wat him to pick UF but they are letting him decide. Clements is saying his dad is pushing for Miami. Big difference.

But thats all an aside. You completely missed the entire point of the post and picked out the most insignificant part of the entire thing to comment on.

Go check our history with BTW and then get back to me. Big difference between a kid from one of Miami's biggest pipelines in the heart of Miami being pushed to Miami and being recruited hard to Miami by former and current teammates and a kid like Nix who is from an open area (between UF, Miami, Clemson and FSU) who has no connections or teammates at any of the schools hes looking at other then the ones he makes himself.

2 completely opposite situations. You couldve have made a worse comparison. Think of Clements like a Marcus Hall.

keylime_5
02-24-2009, 04:52 PM
looks like LaTwan Anderson is gonna transfer to Glenville afterall.
This might not be good for Michigan, Ginn Sr. doesn't like Michigan too much I don't think. That might not matter if no more "big" offers come in.

sbh15
02-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Nix's family isnt "pushing" him anywhere. They wat him to pick UF but they are letting him decide. Clements is saying his dad is pushing for Miami. Big difference.

But thats all an aside. You completely missed the entire point of the post and picked out the most insignificant part of the entire thing to comment on.

Go check our history with BTW and then get back to me. Big difference between a kid from one of Miami's biggest pipelines in the heart of Miami being pushed to Miami and being recruited hard to Miami by former and current teammates and a kid like Nix who is from an open area (between UF, Miami, Clemson and FSU) who has no connections or teammates at any of the schools hes looking at other then the ones he makes himself.

2 completely opposite situations. You couldve have made a worse comparison. Think of Clements like a Marcus Hall.

You missed the point of my post.

Mine was a joke, yours wasn't ;)

JoeyJr09
02-24-2009, 05:01 PM
You missed the point of my post.

Mine was a joke, yours wasn't ;)

I get the 1st half of ur post was a joke.

But when use the phrase "Im messing with you, but..." I tend to assume everything after the word but is meant to be serious.

Goober Man
02-24-2009, 05:03 PM
looks like LaTwan Anderson is gonna transfer to Glenville afterall.
This might not be good for Michigan, Ginn Sr. doesn't like Michigan too much I don't think. That might not matter if no more "big" offers come in.

I think Ginn Sr's stance against Michigan has isn't as strong now that Carr isn't here anymore. I'm just guessing because Marcus Hall visited Michigan. Maybe RR is trying to patch things up?

I do know Glenville is pretty much a Ohio State piple line but who knows...maybe they can pull LaTwan out.

Sniper
02-24-2009, 05:16 PM
I think Ginn Sr's stance against Michigan has isn't as strong now that Carr isn't here anymore. I'm just guessing because Marcus Hall visited Michigan. Maybe RR is trying to patch things up?

I do know Glenville is pretty much a Ohio State piple line but who knows...maybe they can pull LaTwan out.

A lot of Glenville kids have visited Michigan before. Hall visiting doesn't mean ****.

keylime_5
02-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Hall said some "interesting" things about the possibility of going to Michigan....

keylime_5
02-24-2009, 08:58 PM
..."They told me that they wanted me to be a Michigan Man...and I was like 'what is that supposed to mean?'---is that like the Marlboro Man ?? I don't wanta be no Michigan Man....I'm a Buckeye"

I think Michigan State gets LaTwan before Michigan does. Not just because of the Glenville connection either, or the fact that Ginn Sr. likes Dantonio (and all things Tressel).

JayP
02-24-2009, 09:49 PM

He's also supposed to be back in South Bend for ND's spring game with Denzel McCoy in tow. Could be a great game for Irish recruiting.

P-L
02-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Ginn Sr. likes Rodriguez. His beef was with Lloyd Carr, not the University of Michigan.

wicket
02-25-2009, 02:10 AM
..."They told me that they wanted me to be a Michigan Man...and I was like 'what is that supposed to mean?'---is that like the Marlboro Man ?? I don't wanta be no Michigan Man....I'm a Buckeye"

I think Michigan State gets LaTwan before Michigan does. Not just because of the Glenville connection either, or the fact that Ginn Sr. likes Dantonio (and all things Tressel).

nobody likes grey sweatervests

CC
02-25-2009, 09:09 AM

That's just a stupid comment. If you went on the visit, coaches are going to assume you are somewhat interested. Did he expect to go there and for them to tell him they didn't want him?

JoeyJr09
02-25-2009, 10:09 AM
He's also supposed to be back in South Bend for ND's spring game with Denzel McCoy in tow. Could be a great game for Irish recruiting.

ND is the leader so this just backs my point that players only visit the teams they are serious about for spring games.

Sniper
02-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Joey, Jeff Godfrey and Michigan being his leader. Legit?

JoeyJr09
02-25-2009, 10:42 AM

Somewhat, I posted on it a page or 2 back.

Hes looking like a backup plan that if offered by us, will be as a CB.

Staff is looking for a more pro-style QB with Blake Bell being option 1 for us.

Kinda early tho. Alot still has to play out. His heart is in Miami but if he wants to play QB, then you guys could get him.

DoWnThEfiElD
02-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Claimed he wanted to commit on the spot.

HindSight
02-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Claimed he wanted to commit on the spot.
How many times do we hear that...

JoeyJr09
02-25-2009, 11:19 AM
How many times do we hear that...

+1

If I had a penny for everytime that was said and the kid ended up somewhere else...

DoWnThEfiElD
02-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Oh I know, I just didn't expect him to say that..

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-25-2009, 03:19 PM

Classy kid...LMAO.

I never understood the hype surrounding Hall. The OTs tOSU got the previous year will be much better, and it is kind of confusing how tOSU goes one way with OTs in one class, and then goes back to their old ways of getting 6'5/6'4 300 + pound OL that are going to end up being 335 or more at tOSU.

Sam Longo doesn't fit this bill, but it's kinda funny because tOSU didn't even really want him until later on and that was a kid with great mobility, great lateral quickness and an undersized build that you could mold. tOSU should recruit more OL like that if they want the OL to make some strides.

He'll be another slow RT without feet at tOSU that gets thrashed by any good DEs in the league, and during the "post season". Sure he is a huge kid, powerful, good mobility...but he is an OG IMO. Unless he loses about 20 pounds, gets someone competent to really work on him with his footwork, and really improves his technique.

keylime_5
02-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Hall is more than likely gonna be a right guard, though he'll get his first look at right tackle. Gary Housteau from Bucknuts who is a Cleveland-area specialist analyst says there's no way Hall plays tackle with his pass blocking skills as they are today. And that stuff he said about Michigan wasn't in a published article or anything like that so it's no big deal. Just some sassy OSU/Michigan rivalry talk, Pryor and countless other recruits have said similar things bashing Michigan after signing with Ohio STate, and it goes both ways and for many programs as well.

Longo is an athetlic guy that can play all 5 spots up front, and I wouldn't say they didn' want him, but they were in on guys like Chris Watt early and didn't offer until Sam looked terrific at a workout in the summer. I think he'll be a tackle or possibly the left guard. Mike Adams and JB Shugarts from 2008 are our tackles with Norwell and hopefully Mike James being the next wave from 2010. 2009's Hall, Mewhort, and Linsley are probably the RG, C, and LG respecitvely.

keylime_5
02-25-2009, 07:29 PM
...and it sounds like Ohio State is gonna get Nick Montana's committment at the spring game. That should raise some buzz about the whole possibility of a Weis/Montana riff at Notre Dame if it happens. Montana is gonna be a pretty good prospect too, he was reportedly great at the Debartolo camp and has offers from big name schools like Alabama, Florida State, LSU, Ohio State and Notre Dame very very early in the process.

wicket
02-25-2009, 07:53 PM
to be honoust joe and charlie are quite close, the whole riff between them is pure bs, that is at least what i hear from every nd source i trust. This also makes me believe that we are in a really really good spot for nick montana. I think joe also realises how awkward it would be if ND offered and nick would go somewhere else so he would have prevented an offer if he knew nick wouldnt go anyway. I'm not saying that nick is a second golic in saying that he is looking around and then basicly commiting on the spot but i dont think the offer would have been made public if the wasnt real interest from nick (and its not that visiting will have any use cause nick has seen it and already knows al the relevant coaches). So i believe ND has a really really good shot at montana jr. the guys offer list is getting mightily impressive btw.

JRTPlaya21
02-25-2009, 08:00 PM

Sniper, did you manage to take a look at the Defensive Backs riser & faller?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/02/25/combine/

P-L
02-25-2009, 08:05 PM
Trent actually looked real good at the combine. He has no chance of being drafted in the 2nd Round though.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-25-2009, 11:54 PM
And that stuff he said about Michigan wasn't in a published article or anything like that so it's no big deal. Just some sassy OSU/Michigan rivalry talk, Pryor and countless other recruits have said similar things bashing Michigan after signing with Ohio STate, and it goes both ways and for many programs as well.

My bad...I thought you pulled it from a rivals or scout article. Kids today act like douche bags way too often for my taste, if you can't at least respect a universities coaching staff publicly than I've got no respect for you. If it is just banter or talking some ish I really don't care, no harm-no foul IMO.

PENNSTATEHOMER
02-26-2009, 12:06 AM
FWIW;

-Sharrif Floyd ('10 PA DT) raved about Rutgers in the latest scout article...sounds like their his #1 right now. It'd be ridiculously interesting if a kid from Philly turned down what will likely be 35-40 schollies so he could go to Rutgers.

-'10 PA RB Corey Brown claims PSU is back in it and he no longer has a top 5-8-10 whatever, due to the # of scholarships he has obtained. Supposedly visiting some time in March, really don't believe his interest is legit, and really don't care. Other than perception, I could easily live without this commit.

-'10 IN OT James Hurst apparently has a PSU offer.

-'10 OH LB Jewone Snow claims a PSU offer...I don't believe it for one second. We have a general mold that you can clearly see with your own eyes, and this kids film is just flat out horrible.

-'10 PA DE Dakota Royer has picked up a ton of offers since I last posted about him.

-'10 NC ATH Keenan Allen is surely all 'Bama...sooner or later.

-'10 CA WR Kenny Stills is all about USC in the ESPN west recruiting blog. Even sounds a little desperate for that USC offer...our guy felt pretty good about him for some unknown reason, despite Kenny never having been on campus. For a kid that insisted he wanted to go OOS, he sure is all over USCs @$!# ;)

-'10 CT LB Khairi Fortt picked up 'Bama, UF, and UGA offers.

-'10 CT RB-DB Silas Redd continues to state PSU is his dream school but has now backed off commitment talk, still excited about his visit though. His H.S. football coach said in a different article that he won't decide until next year, most likely signing day. It was looking like this would be over very early not too long ago, but now it seems like it will really drag out.

-'10 MD WR Adrian Coxson picked up a BC offer.

-'10 PA OL Luke Graham visited PSU yesterday (Wednesday) with his dad, no public commitment to PSU yet. Picked up offers from Pitt and Northwestern. He really liked his visit and will likely visit again for a spring practice...might visit Pitt prior to that. Got to talk with Joe a lot on his visit, and wants to stay close to home.

sbh15
02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Florida picked up a verbal from 2010 CB Victor Hampton today.

I know nothing about him, however. Anyone here know anything?

kwilk103
02-27-2009, 01:15 PM
wvu leads for georgia qb blake sims

sbh15
02-27-2009, 03:05 PM
Florida apparently will have quite a few guys on hand for the UT basketball game coming up.

And Brian Butler is now being investigated by the NCAA

wicket
02-28-2009, 09:21 AM
ND offered 12 guys yesterday and this means they instantly lead for Blake Lueders and Ego 'JR' Ferguson, apparently we also are a serious player for lattimore which would be great, except eric kohler and Darryl Baldwin most of the other offers seem reaches to me(Austin Hinder, Chaz Green, Adrian White, Brandon Willis, Corey Miller, David Amerson and Shaun Lewis)

DoWnThEfiElD
02-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Lattimore is going to stay in the south...

Cigaro
02-28-2009, 03:23 PM
lol, Lattimore won't go to Notre Dame. He's going to South Carolina.

sbh15
02-28-2009, 03:28 PM
lol, Lattimore won't go to Notre Dame. He's going to South Carolina.

Yeah, Lattimore is all but committed to SC from what I've heard.

Also, most of/all of the following will be attending the basketball game at UF on Sunday:

QB Trey Burton (Committed)
QB Christian Green
TE Michael McFarland
OL Chaz Green
OL Brent Benedict
OL Ian Silberman (Committed)
DE BJ Butler
DT Louis Nix
DT Leon Orr
LB Christian Jones
LB Kevin Nelson
CB Terrence Brooks
CB Derek Owens
CB Terrence Mitchell
S Jonathon Dowling

JoeyJr09
02-28-2009, 04:46 PM
ND offered 12 guys yesterday and this means they instantly lead for Blake Lueders and Ego 'JR' Ferguson, apparently we also are a serious player for lattimore which would be great, except eric kohler and Darryl Baldwin most of the other offers seem reaches to me(Austin Hinder, Chaz Green, Adrian White, Brandon Willis, Corey Miller, David Amerson and Shaun Lewis)

Pretty sure Ego Ferguson was looking to move back down south in the SEC or ACC somewhere. Not sure where ND being the leader comes from unless there's some new news on him I haven't heard.

JoeyJr09
02-28-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah, Lattimore is all but committed to SC from what I've heard.

Also, most of/all of the following will be attending the basketball game at UF on Sunday:

QB Trey Burton (Committed)
QB Christian Green
TE Michael McFarland
OL Chaz Green
OL Brent Benedict
OL Ian Silberman (Committed)
DE BJ Butler
DT Louis Nix
DT Leon Orr
LB Christian Jones
LB Kevin Nelson
CB Terrence Brooks
CB Derek Owens
CB Terrence Mitchell
S Jonathon Dowling

Chaz Green, Christian Green, Louis Nix, Brent Benedict, Christian Jones, Jonathon Dowling.

Lot of UF/Miami and UF/FSU battles there.

Should be a fun year.

Meyer is desperate to take Nix from us. Kinda funny.

draftguru151
02-28-2009, 07:02 PM
I think I saw Christian Jones at UCF today. Might have been someone else that looked a lot like him though.

BigJohn98
02-28-2009, 09:46 PM
Christian Green will be a Nole. He will most likely commit at our Junior Day.

cdub11
02-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Longhorns received 5 more committments today

OL Dominic Espinosa
RB Traylon Shead
WR Chris Jones
DB Bryant Jackson
DE Greg Daniels

TigerBait45
02-28-2009, 11:17 PM
LSU picked up their first 3 today.

Tharold Simon, a 6'4 185 pound receiver/DB..not sure where exactly he'll play. He has prototype size as a WR, and he's very, very physical so he could end up there, but his size makes him intriguing at safety too..he looks like a really nice athlete.

Nick Jacobs, a 6'5 250 pound TE (runs in the 4.8s, I think). Looks like he has the frame to bulk up and play tackle at some point

The surprise of the day was Mike Davis out of Dallas Skyline pulling the trigger. I don't really know all that much about him but from watching some of his highlights he definitely shows explosiveness.

bwillie26
03-01-2009, 12:31 AM
^

Man, Davis is arguably the best WR prospect in the midwest.

billythekidthompson
03-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Pretty sure Ego Ferguson was looking to move back down south in the SEC or ACC somewhere. Not sure where ND being the leader comes from unless there's some new news on him I haven't heard.

I don't think he said that ND was his leader, but that his mom thinks it should be his top school.

BamaFalcon59
03-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Washington D.C. QB Ricardo Young looks like a Hokie lean to me. Would be a good get.

Gabriel Henderson is also a possibility for the Hokies.

sbh15
03-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Leon Orr and Kadron Boone should be the next Gator commitments from what I hear.

Both love us but are sitting on their commitments for the moment.

We might pick up a commitment at today's game if we're lucky...

Possibly Dowling as he seemed to be the closest to committing earlier.

Hollywood
03-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Possibly Dowling as he seemed to be the closest to committing earlier.

You guys are going to innovate defensive packages, playing the first ever 2-2-7 base defense.

Hollywood
03-01-2009, 11:30 AM
WR Quinton Dunbar committed to the Canes. Not a surprise, but still nice to have him in the fold and he won't take any visits.

Give me Ivan McCartney and call it a day for Wideouts.

ToldLikeItIs
03-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Iowa looks good for..

CJ Fiedorowicz?