PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

sbh15
03-01-2009, 01:07 PM
You guys are going to innovate defensive packages, playing the first ever 2-2-7 base defense.

We're leaders, not followers ;)

In other news, UF offered ATH Demarco Cobbs the other day...

it seems we're very much in it, but he's from Oklahoma, which isn't a good thing.

Anyone know anything about him?

cdub11
03-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Texas is now up to 19 commits, two more added today

WR Ross Apo
DT Ashton Dorsey

sbh15
03-01-2009, 02:33 PM

WR Ross Apo
DT Ashton Dorsey

I think Texas needs to be more picky with their offers...

They seem to jump at offering any kid whose willing to commit.

Hollywood
03-01-2009, 02:33 PM

WR Ross Apo
DT Ashton Dorsey

wow you guys are crazy. I love it, so completely unconventional and different from what any other school in the country is doing but I guess it works for you??

Do Texas fans enjoy this strategy, is it a simply a Mack Brown thing, or do you think Muschamp will do the same?

Sniper
03-01-2009, 02:34 PM

They don't offer just anyone...

Kids in Texas will kill each other for a UT offer. Those who get them know it won't be around forever.

sbh15
03-01-2009, 02:36 PM
John Dowling committed today.

Great, great pickup. Love this kid.

wicket
03-01-2009, 02:38 PM
dont think much will change for texas, they will never get much out of state and will always get everyone instate that they want, so when you feel sure about who the best is instate they can offer them and will commit, dont think anything will change there quickly

Hollywood
03-01-2009, 02:39 PM
John Dowling committed today.

Great, great pickup. Love this kid.

Congrats, I really like him at safety, he is a great prospect. I knew he would be a gator, unfortunately. I have to think though that if Miami wants Demar Dorsey they could swing him.

sbh15
03-01-2009, 02:41 PM
Congrats, I really like him at safety, he is a great prospect. I knew he would be a gator, unfortunately. I have to think though that if Miami wants Demar Dorsey they could swing him.

He (Dorsey) seems like a guy that's a few years away though, so I like Dowling more.

But hopefully we hang on to both ;)

TexasKing007
03-01-2009, 04:22 PM

Texas actually hands out less offers than most schools in the country.

Mack Brown normally has to meet a kid face to face for them to get an offer and in most cases you have to meet him numerous times.

Mack wants kids that really really want to be at Texas. He usually only offers those kids, and that is why an usually high number of our offers tend to end up as commits.

TexasKing007
03-01-2009, 04:26 PM
wow you guys are crazy. I love it, so completely unconventional and different from what any other school in the country is doing but I guess it works for you??

Do Texas fans enjoy this strategy, is it a simply a Mack Brown thing, or do you think Muschamp will do the same?

It seems to work. The last two years we have pretty much kicked Oklahoma out of the running for the top players in the state. A program of that magnitude will always find a way to get a few of them though.

Personally, I love it. I want kids that want to be here. I hate the drama of kids switching schools back and forth. We very rarely have to deal with that stuff.

All the fans love it this time of year, but just like every year, when recruiting starts winding down we will have a few fans who start complaining that we finish too early.

And it is a Mack Brown thing. But I think Muschamp sees the advantages, so I assume it will become just a Texas thing.

TigerBait45
03-01-2009, 04:32 PM
^

Man, Davis is arguably the best WR prospect in the midwest.

He certainly looks good enough. Oklahoma wants him bad.

bwillie26
03-01-2009, 05:02 PM

WR Ross Apo
DT Ashton Dorsey

Apo can go buy the team beers as a freshman. IIRC, isn't he 19 already?

The guys Texas gets early are guys they have recruited for years already. Texas makes their name known in every HS across the state and forms unparalleled relationships with their HS coaches.

When most of the schools come calling for a Texas player, Mack has known about and recruited the player for years.

You hardly ever see a Texas player decommit, even though they commit so early in the process. This is a huge reason why.

Mack may be an average coach at best, but the way in which he understands and attacks recruiting is unlike any coach in America.

He certainly looks good enough. Oklahoma wants him bad.

Oh man, he is. You should know all about Mike Davis as should most people. He and Justin McCay are probably the best 2 WR prospects in the region.

bigbenn
03-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Washington D.C. QB Ricardo Young looks like a Hokie lean to me. Would be a good get.

Gabriel Henderson is also a possibility for the Hokies.

Illini lean and I expect him in O&B once he gets that official offer.

bigbenn
03-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Iowa looks good for..

CJ Fiedorowicz?

That dude is good. I have my doubts on Lombard and some other highly regard Illinois players, but CJ is good. His size and athleticism+growth potential combo makes me think he will be very successful somewhere. And I ususally don't predict that for surburban Illinois kids. Not saying that my opinion matters all that much, just saying what I think.

JoeyJr09
03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
WR Quinton Dunbar committed to the Canes. Not a surprise, but still nice to have him in the fold and he won't take any visits.

Give me Ivan McCartney and call it a day for Wideouts.

I know Hurtt said 2 WRs but at the end of the day, I think itll be 3.

At this point Michael Lee Harris anf Ivan McCartney look like the other 2.

Dunbar just committed early to make surehe has a spot. He was 4th on the board behind DJ Johnson and the 2 mentioned above. So they only way McCartney or Harris gets forced out is if we shock everyone and land DJ.

sbh15
03-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Some quotes from guys at UF today...

"We went up and the coaches came up and greeted me and I had a chance to speak with Coach Vance Bedford. He was telling me what they needed in defensive backs and showing me drills and what they want their players to play like. The coaches all told me that they want me to be a Gator. They told me that I would really fit in but things are still early but they want to come to the school and see how things progress. I didn't know what to expect but I did met up with Coach Meyer and he said that he wants me to be a Gator so I think it will be soon. "

- Terrence Brooks

"It was exciting and I want to be a part of it but I have to wait man it's just hard for me now with all the pressure and trying to please others."

- Louis Nix

"It was real good I like how I got close with all the coaches and especially Coach Addazio and he likes to push you and work you but that good for you. Coach Meyer told us what he thinks about all of us and was walking us through everything and how he wants us to come back up for spring practice. we will be back up at UF. My dad was real impressed and he likes those guys a bunch and they care about the players. I was surprised at how much of a family atmosphere UF is and that everyone gets along and they are real close family group which is what I am looking for."

- Chaz Green

"It was straight they showed us around the school and a group of us went over to the game like Trey Burton. It was all pretty casual. The game was ok but Florida was getting whipped pretty good, Tennessee was raining with them three's. I talked to Coach McCarney most of the time and wants to see if I can be a defensive player and I don't care as long as I have on the jersey I will play safety if I need to. The best part for me was meeting all the different players and stuff like that and players that I would be playing with."

- Leon Orr

"It was great we got a chance to talk to Coach Meyer and we had a great time and Chaz and I will be back up in the spring. He was telling us about Florida and how he wants us to be Gators and wants us to come up as much as possible this was the first time he met my dad. My dad really enjoyed it and loves the family atmosphere and they are a real down to earth program. The best part for me was talking to Billy G and watching some tape showing us how they will use me and how much they want me and so that was a great thing. I saw Trey but didn't get a chance to talk to him hopefully next time I will spend some time with him."

- Christian Green

Leon Orr seemed to have some... interesting... things to say.

cdub11
03-01-2009, 07:48 PM

I personally love the strategy, Texas fills their classes so quickly that most Texas kids want an offer and when they get one it gives more incentive to commit immediately

cdub11
03-01-2009, 08:05 PM
LSU picked up their first 3 today.

The surprise of the day was Mike Davis out of Dallas Skyline pulling the trigger. I don't really know all that much about him but from watching some of his highlights he definitely shows explosiveness.

Great pickup for LSU. I really like Davis. I think he is the #2 WR in TX behind Darius White.

Do you know if LSU is going after his Skyline teammates, Corey Nelson and Dominique Patterson?

TigerBait45
03-01-2009, 08:25 PM
I've heard talk about all three but I'm not really sure at this point. If I had to say for sure I'd say probably.

Oh man, he is. You should know all about Mike Davis as should most people. He and Justin McCay are probably the best 2 WR prospects in the region.

lol..I've mostly been paying attention in-state so far. I usually just kind of chill and recharge on recruiting right after signing day for a little while so I haven't really listened to much about anybody yet.

JRTPlaya21
03-01-2009, 10:09 PM
That dude is good. I have my doubts on Lombard and some other highly regard Illinois players, but CJ is good. His size and athleticism+growth potential combo makes me think he will be very successful somewhere. And I ususally don't predict that for surburban Illinois kids. Not saying that my opinion matters all that much, just saying what I think.

Who is the second player in your sig?

Sniper
03-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Who is the second player in your sig?

I think it's Donte Whitner.

keylime_5
03-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Troy Smith-Donte Whitner-Ted Ginn-Marcus Hall ;)

JRTPlaya21
03-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Thanks guys. Keep that pipeline strong.

cdub11
03-01-2009, 11:19 PM
We're leaders, not followers ;)

In other news, UF offered ATH Demarco Cobbs the other day...

it seems we're very much in it, but he's from Oklahoma, which isn't a good thing.

Anyone know anything about him?

From what I have read he wants to go out of state. He was supposed to be in Austin this weekend but the AD at his school stepped down and his coach who was supposed to take him had to fill in as AD. I doubt Texas gets him after this weekend since we now have 4 WR commits and also have offers to Darius White and Trovon Reed.

slightlyaraiderfan
03-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Big kid Dak Smith committed to SC today, which is no surprise at all.

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
03-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Big kid Dak Smith committed to SC today, which is no surprise at all.

yea congrats. a 6'8 kid....when I saw worldofx post his size I was pretty blown away

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-02-2009, 03:28 PM
LMFAO!

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-football-recruiting/2009/03/02/kiffins-tennessee-staff-ripping-off-shirts-for-recruiting/

iowatreat54
03-02-2009, 03:39 PM
LMFAO!

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-football-recruiting/2009/03/02/kiffins-tennessee-staff-ripping-off-shirts-for-recruiting/

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30746

Hollywood
03-02-2009, 05:24 PM
New Lynden Trail article out today on rivals, say he has offers from UF and Tennessee among others but none from Miami though if they do offer they will move 'of course they'd be in front'. Good friends with recent UM commit Quinton Dunbar and his Godfather and apparent adviser is a big time Cane fan too.

His new film is out also, and man he looks impressive. You just can't teach his combo of size (he is a legit 6'7", possibly 6'8"), agility and speed. Bring him in as an athlete and RS him for a year till you figure out how you are going to use him (either DE or TE at this point) and let him be a star in 2-3 years if he develops. Can't miss out on a talent like him in your backyard though.

etk
03-02-2009, 06:37 PM
New Lynden Trail article out today on rivals, say he has offers from UF and Tennessee among others but none from Miami though if they do offer they will move 'of course they'd be in front'. Good friends with recent UM commit Quinton Dunbar and his Godfather and apparent adviser is a big time Cane fan too.

His new film is out also, and man he looks impressive. You just can't teach his combo of size (he is a legit 6'7", possibly 6'8"), agility and speed. Bring him in as an athlete and RS him for a year till you figure out how you are going to use him (either DE or TE at this point) and let him be a star in 2-3 years if he develops. Can't miss out on a talent like him in your backyard though.

7 TDs on fade routes as well. I mean that's more TDs than most full time receivers make in HS.

Can't skip on an athlete like that. Definitely agree. The next Calais Campbell would be sweet, minus the Junioritis.

sbh15
03-02-2009, 06:41 PM
I keep getting the feeling that Trey Burton will do wonders for our class this year.

All of the recruits who come with him seem to comment on how much they like him, how nice of a guy he is, how they'd like to play with him, or whatever.

Hopefully 2010's Russell Shepard, but more successful.

Hollywood
03-02-2009, 06:46 PM
I keep getting the feeling that Trey Burton will do wonders for our class this year.

All of the recruits who come with him seem to comment on how much they like him, how nice of a guy he is, how they'd like to play with him, or whatever.

Hopefully 2010's Russell Shepard, but more successful.

That's the great thing about an early QB commit. I hope Teddy Bridewater can be that guy for us next year.

CLong4Heisman
03-02-2009, 07:11 PM
LMFAO!

Ed Orgeron did that at Ole Miss. He was killed by the local media.

BigJohn98
03-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Florida State has offered Eduardo Clements.

:)

JoeyJr09
03-02-2009, 09:08 PM
Florida State has offered Eduardo Clements.

:)

Clements teammate and new Cane commit Quentin Dunbar says he fully expects Clements and Jose Jose to be Canes when it's all said and done.

etk
03-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Clements teammate and new Cane commit Quentin Dunbar says he fully expects Clements and Jose Jose to be Canes when it's all said and done.

They talk about being "the big 5" or whatever (plus Trail and Meline) and how they all want to go to college together.

But I don't think BigJohn was serious in his post, just trying to be a troll and succeeding. You fall for it every time.

JoeyJr09
03-02-2009, 09:12 PM
They talk about being "the big 5" or whatever (plus Trail and Meline) and how they all want to go to college together.

But I don't think BigJohn was serious in his post, just trying to be a troll and succeeding. You fall for it every time.

I don't know if BigJohn was trying to troll but most FSU fans in general think they are landing Clements.

We aren't going after Meline but I fully expect Dunbar, Jose, Clements and Trail to be in this class.

BigJohn98
03-02-2009, 09:51 PM
It's the offer he's been waiting for. That's all I will say. And no, I was not trolling.

Hollywood
03-02-2009, 09:55 PM
It's the offer he's been waiting for. That's all I will say. And no, I was not trolling.

I actually found it quite surprising that he didn't name FSU his leader after getting the offer, especially since the interview was with an FSU site. Still claims Georgia is the leader, although I think this is a Miami FSU battle all the way with Miami having a 70% chance and FSU 30%.

sbh15
03-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Florida offered ATH Jaylen Watkins today...

he said it's down to Bama and Florida, he'll be down at UF in one of the coming weeks.

Hollywood
03-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Florida offered ATH Jaylen Watkins today...

he said it's down to Bama and Florida, he'll be down at UF in one of the coming weeks.

Gator and safety #4.

etk
03-03-2009, 07:40 AM

You do realize what you're up against right? The BTW coaches will push him to UM, his teammates will be here, his former teammates....

Their WR coach (who handles most of the recruiting for the team) said he was surprised Dunbar was the only commitment recently. He thought others would follow.

Him being an FSU fan doesn't stack up to all the other factors. He's probably our #1 RB target from a pipeline school, and he would be great in Whipple's offense.

BamaFalcon59
03-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Nick Acree's updated offer list is absurd.

Sniper
03-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Nick Acree's updated offer list is absurd.

Link please?

BamaFalcon59
03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
http://virginiatech.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=84602

Pretty nice.

Sniper
03-03-2009, 02:39 PM
http://virginiatech.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=84602

Pretty nice.

Wow, that is impressive. Michigan needs DTs really badly, too bad Acree's off the board.

BamaFalcon59
03-03-2009, 02:43 PM
I hate that they are using numbers from the junior combine, though. 4.3 guys were running 4.5s at best. Acree is a 5.1 guy on a normal track.

Sniper
03-03-2009, 02:47 PM
List what you feel are your team's biggest needs in recruiting this year.

For Michigan, they are...

1. MLB- UM's recruited a bunch of LBs and SS types who will move down to OLB, but there's a severe lack of MLBs on the roster. Obi Ezeh will be a redshirt junior and is a pretty good player, but after that, it's questionable. '08 signee J.B Fitzgerald is probably the team's backup MLB, but he's also the starting SLB. Other than that, there aren't many guys who can play MLB on the roster.

2. DT- Yeesh. Mike Martin was a Freshman All-American so one spot is fine. Will Campbell is a big-time recruit with offers from everyone that's important, but he's still just a true freshman. Other than that, there's not much. Renaldo Sagesse apparently can't even finish conditioning a lot of the times, let alone worry about playing. Jason Kates transferred. DE Adam Patterson might move inside, but there's still not much here.

3. QB- Michigan currently only has two true freshmen and a guy who couldn't beat out Nick Sheridan on scholarship. Git mi 2 qbz, plz. kthxbai.

4. CB- Donovan Warren is gone if he has a good year, leaving UM with Boubacar Cissoko, Justin Turner and uh...yeah. Troy Woolfolk? J.T Floyd?

5. S- Stevie Brown is gone after this year! I'd be happy, but this means that we'll be left with guys who couldn't beat out Stevie Brown...

kwilk103
03-03-2009, 03:09 PM
linebacker, dline, and qb

in 2010, we will have 3 scholarship qbs:

geno smith (soph)
coley white (rs soph)
recruit (freshman)

wicket
03-03-2009, 03:33 PM
linebacker, dline, and qb

in 2010, we will have 3 scholarship qbs:

geno smith (soph)
coley white (rs soph)
recruit (freshman)

We will have 2 (JC junior and Crist rs fresh), the rest of ND's need will be OLine DEnds and DB's, prolly gonna go for quite a few receivers as well.

Sniper
03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
We will have 2 (JC junior and Crist rs fresh), the rest of ND's need will be OLine DEnds and DB's, prolly gonna go for quite a few receivers as well.

I thought ND didn't redshirt players?

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Scout is reporting that Miami (FL) has offered '10 NJ TE Kevin Haplea. Don't know if it is true or not but he just visited PSU this past weekend I believe...he seems pretty damn excited about the Miami (FL) offer, and of course mentions some past U TEs.

It'll be interesting to see where PSU's TE recruiting heads this year, I personally don't even think we need one, much less two, but apparently we're going to take two. Scout/Haplea is saying that Kevin has a PSU offer, Rivals is reporting that MA TE Blake Barker has a PSU offer, and Josh Lovell (Christchurch High - VA) has us in his top 5, but doesn't have a PSU offer.

We'll lose both RS SR Mickey Shuler & SR Andrew Quarless after the '09 season, but return '09 RS SO Andrew Szczerba (6'6 262) & '09 RS FR Mark Wedderburn (6'6 230). Plus a few tweeners that don't fit in at WR or TE and really have yet to show much, '09 6'5 202 RS SO Derek Moye (WR right now - still looks rail thin) & '09 RS JR? Jon Ditto (6'3 227).

wicket
03-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I thought ND didn't redshirt players?

nope officially we dont but in the case of crist you can be pretty certain he will be at least offered his fifth year of eligebility. We dont call it redshirt cause the player is not guaranteed his fifth year.

Hollywood
03-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Scout is reporting that Miami (FL) has offered '10 NJ TE Kevin Haplea. Don't know if it is true or not but he just visited PSU this past weekend I believe...he seems pretty damn excited about the Miami (FL) offer, and of course mentions some past U TEs.

We need TE's bad, and somebody is going to get immediate playing time as a true freshman next year. Considering our history with TE's and the playing time available we should be able to pull in at least one high 4/5 star TE.

BamaFalcon59
03-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Virginia Tech.

1. Quarterback
Easy decision here. There are only three scholarship quarterbacks on next years roster (Tyrod Taylor (Junior), Juju Clayton (redshirt freshman), and Marcus Davis (redshirt freshman), and Marcus Davis will likely end up at wide receiver with 4.5 speed and a 40 inch vertical at over 6'4". Juju Clayton was a late offer two star prospect.

The most likely canidates are Gabriel Henderson (North Carolina) and Ricardo Young (Washington D.C.). Both have offers at this point and seem like Hokie leans. Both fit the athletic mould we love in our quarterbacks. We have a strong possibility of getting both of them.

Also, watch out for a QB out of Virginia in 2011 with the last name Thorogood (I spelled this wrong). He is already big and fast. He is a relative of the previously mentioned Marcus Davis. He has a very good shot at being a top 100 player. He may be our top target with Everett Golson leaning towards basketball schools.

2. Offensive Line
Also not a hard pick. We picked up a few last season, but it is still a major need. We learned the hard way a few years ago that top tier offensive lineman must be constantly brought in. Offensive tackle is probably the largest of the needs on the offensive line.

OT Mark Shuman is a likely Rivals100 player and is a big Hokie lean. His father coaches at Fork Union Military Academy, and his brother Ryan Shuman started at center for us for three seasons and is getting a shot in the National Football League. Mark is a great athlete and technician with great size at 6'6" 280. Needs to get stronger, though. His teammate Russell Bodine is a possibility as well if we offer. Connor Davis is another great offensive line canidate who fits our athletic mould perfectly. He needs to gain weight, he is listed at 6'5" and under 260 right now. His film is great, though. It will be an in state battle between Virginia and Virginia Tech. in all liklihood.

3. Defensive tackle
This is a big dropoff from the top two needs. We are in decent shape at all positions after the top two. I would say defensive tackle is right there though, despite signing Ed Wang and DeAntre Rhodes last season we are still thin.

Nick Acree is obviously the crowned jewel, and I expect him to be an All American. Amazing talent with amazing coaching and leadership generally leads to amazing results. Many people believe that Evan Hailes is the second best defensive tackle in Virginia, but apparently our coaches have Derrick Hopkins, a player who is short and stout at 6'0" 290. He got a very early offer, the VT staff thinks highly of him and he should be a Hokie in time.

Just my opinion on these three positions. The offer information mostly comes from Rivals, the VT site gets great service.

sbh15
03-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Florida

We own n00bs and don't need ****.

Seriously...

DE: Once Dunlap and Cunningham leave, we don't have much talent behind them, which is why losing Kasa and Giddens was huge this year. Hopefully we can pick up a couple of DE's, maybe move some big LB's on the roster there or something.

That's the only major one. Talent is solid everywhere else. Defensive Tackles would be a #2 probably.

ironman4579
03-03-2009, 09:27 PM
List what you feel are your team's biggest needs in recruiting this year.

For Michigan, they are...

1. MLB- UM's recruited a bunch of LBs and SS types who will move down to OLB, but there's a severe lack of MLBs on the roster. Obi Ezeh will be a redshirt junior and is a pretty good player, but after that, it's questionable. '08 signee J.B Fitzgerald is probably the team's backup MLB, but he's also the starting SLB. Other than that, there aren't many guys who can play MLB on the roster.

2. DT- Yeesh. Mike Martin was a Freshman All-American so one spot is fine. Will Campbell is a big-time recruit with offers from everyone that's important, but he's still just a true freshman. Other than that, there's not much. Renaldo Sagesse apparently can't even finish conditioning a lot of the times, let alone worry about playing. Jason Kates transferred. DE Adam Patterson might move inside, but there's still not much here.

3. QB- Michigan currently only has two true freshmen and a guy who couldn't beat out Nick Sheridan on scholarship. Git mi 2 qbz, plz. kthxbai.

4. CB- Donovan Warren is gone if he has a good year, leaving UM with Boubacar Cissoko, Justin Turner and uh...yeah. Troy Woolfolk? J.T Floyd?

5. S- Stevie Brown is gone after this year! I'd be happy, but this means that we'll be left with guys who couldn't beat out Stevie Brown...

Agree with your needs list overall. Just a couple things I've read recently (mainly on Mgoblog)

1.Read that Ezeh might be moved to SAM with Fitzgerald moving to MLB. Doesn't make alot of sense to me, as Ezeh would have to cover the TE alot, and he couldn't cover toast with butter, but if true it could be an indication of a shift in defensive style. This in no way changes the fact that it's a major need however.

2.Read that the staff might be trying to get FB Vince Helmuth to put on 30-40 pounds and moving him to DT. He's 261 already so it's not a huge stretch I guess. Still a major need again though.

3.QB no question. I kin has QB Pleez?

4.At least we'll have two good CB's once Warren leaves......................Seriously, we need corners. Are we certain Turner is even moving to CB at this point?

5.I agree we need more. However, I like Brandon Smith after a redshirt year, and Mike Williams played pretty well when he wasn't hurt (hey, he was an All American on my NCAA dynasty, so that's something ;) ). I also like Vlad coming in. I think we do have some good players back there, but we definately need more. I really hope somebody can beat out StevieBrownFail this year. If not, we really will be hurting bad.

Sniper
03-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Mike Williams played pretty well when he wasn't hurt (hey, he was an All American on my NCAA dynasty, so that's something ;) ).

Dude, me too! Haha. It was in NCAA '08. In my high-pressure scheme, the QB always lofted deep balls up and Williams grabbed them all. 33 picks in four years. :D

Boubacar Cissoko was the man when I rented '09. 5 picks and won the Thorpe as a freshman!

By the way, I think Turner's coming in as a corner. He's probably going to hold down the nickel next year.

ironman4579
03-04-2009, 08:25 AM
By the way, I think Turner's coming in as a corner. He's probably going to hold down the nickel next year.

That's what I figured if he was going to be playing corner. I just wasn't sure if that had been decided yet or not. I love as a corner for sure though.

Marino13
03-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Agree with your needs list overall. Just a couple things I've read recently (mainly on Mgoblog)

1.Read that Ezeh might be moved to SAM with Fitzgerald moving to MLB. Doesn't make alot of sense to me, as Ezeh would have to cover the TE alot, and he couldn't cover toast with butter, but if true it could be an indication of a shift in defensive style. This in no way changes the fact that it's a major need however.

2.Read that the staff might be trying to get FB Vince Helmuth to put on 30-40 pounds and moving him to DT. He's 261 already so it's not a huge stretch I guess. Still a major need again though.

3.QB no question. I kin has QB Pleez?

4.At least we'll have two good CB's once Warren leaves......................Seriously, we need corners. Are we certain Turner is even moving to CB at this point?

5.I agree we need more. However, I like Brandon Smith after a redshirt year, and Mike Williams played pretty well when he wasn't hurt (hey, he was an All American on my NCAA dynasty, so that's something ;) ). I also like Vlad coming in. I think we do have some good players back there, but we definately need more. I really hope somebody can beat out StevieBrownFail this year. If not, we really will be hurting bad.

1.The reason they might switch Ezeh and Fitzgerald is because JB's skill sets fit MLB better and most feel Ezeh would be a better SLB. This will be addressed.

2.Helmuth has already switched to DT. Jones and Graves really screwed us over

3.We'll get two QBs. The question is which two QBs?

4.JT Turner is coming in as a CB, BUT is going to be given a chance to win the FS job. Reasoning being that he's too good not to have on the field. But Michigan is in on some good CBs (Dior Mathis, Cullen CHristian, Lo Woods)

5.We're pursuing Marvin Robinson and Latwan Edwards heavily. I like the guys we have coming in, but Vlad and Smith are SS's (and both are coming off of injuries), Turner is a CB long term unless he wins the FS job and dominates, Jones and Bell will be LBs, and Mike Williams is solid.

sbh15
03-04-2009, 02:56 PM
What does anyone know about Lo Wood?

Said he feels he'd play lockdown corner at Florida better than anyone/anywhere (don't remember the exact quote), and will visit for the spring game if he has a committable offer...

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-04-2009, 03:05 PM
'10 MD WR Adrian Coxson is visiting PSU this upcoming weekend. He is tight with former PSU WR/current Detroit (ugh) WR Bryant Johnson...considers him a friend/mentor and really looks up to him.

'10 NY OL/DL Daquan Jones will be visiting PSU March 27th, he has yet to be offered...'10 CT RB Silas Redd should also be visiting at the same time.

---------
-PSU has offered '10 FL OL Brent Benedict.

-'10 NJ OL Dan Foose visited PSU this past weekend, no offer but apparently our one OL coach, Dick Anderson, wants to offer.

-PSU has offered SC teammates, '10 OL/DL AJ Cann & '10 TE?/DE Justin Henderson. Probably verbal offers.

-PSU showing interest in SC ATH/WR Joe Craig.

CC
03-04-2009, 03:24 PM

Said he feels he'd play lockdown corner at Florida better than anyone/anywhere (don't remember the exact quote), and will visit for the spring game if he has a committable offer...

Michigan fans are already counting him as part of our class.

sbh15
03-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Michigan fans are already counting him as part of our class.

Yeah I was getting the same vibe from most of the guys posting the thread, just checking out what anyone here thought... Florida will probably only take one or two more guys in the secondary (even two would be a lot) and Watkins has one of those spots.

ironman4579
03-04-2009, 06:48 PM
1.The reason they might switch Ezeh and Fitzgerald is because JB's skill sets fit MLB better and most feel Ezeh would be a better SLB. This will be addressed.

We'll see on this one. Based on some comments Greg Robinson has made, I could see us transitioning to a more hybrid 4-3/3-4 defense. Maybe in 3-4 looks Fitzgerald would be the WILL inside backer and Ezeh would be the SAM inside backer?

Sniper
03-04-2009, 09:14 PM
5.We're pursuing Marvin Robinson and Latwan Edwards heavily. I like the guys we have coming in, but Vlad and Smith are SS's (and both are coming off of injuries), Turner is a CB long term unless he wins the FS job and dominates, Jones and Bell will be LBs, and Mike Williams is solid.

LaTwan Anderson, not Edwards.

El Peefs?????
03-04-2009, 09:35 PM

Wood did hold Andre Dubose to 1 catch for under 10 yards as a sophmore.

I would bump up the need for CB's for Michigan. I still believe Turner's potential is best at FS and the starting him out as a corner is more of a depth issue and way to get him early PT. I would love to get Wood/Mathis & a 3rd CB so we could move Turner back to FS and let him work there full time instead of switching between positions.

sbh15
03-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Wood did hold Andre Dubose to 1 catch for under 10 yards as a sophmore.

I would bump up the need for CB's for Michigan. I still believe Turner's potential is best at FS and the starting him out as a corner is more of a depth issue and way to get him early PT. I would love to get Wood/Mathis & a 3rd CB so we could move Turner back to FS and let him work there full time instead of switching between positions.

Well that's quite impressive, but I know of no Andre Dubose. ;)

It's Debose. Florida fans are actually the worst about this, so it's gotten to me.

khorn
03-04-2009, 10:46 PM
From what I have read he wants to go out of state. He was supposed to be in Austin this weekend but the AD at his school stepped down and his coach who was supposed to take him had to fill in as AD. I doubt Texas gets him after this weekend since we now have 4 WR commits and also have offers to Darius White and Trovon Reed.

IMO Cobbs is a take no matter what, he's that talented. If you have to, take him as an athlete and figure it out once he's on campus. Besides we gotta pay em back for for J-Mac ;)

El Peefs?????
03-04-2009, 11:58 PM
Well that's quite impressive, but I know of no Andre Dubose. ;)

It's Debose. Florida fans are actually the worst about this, so it's gotten to me.

Ya well Im over a thousand miles away from Florida so I can misspell a little :)

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Corvin Lamb said he roots for PSU...whatever that means. I don't have rivals....HAH.

Hines
03-05-2009, 05:07 PM
Corvin Lamb said he roots for PSU...whatever that means. I don't have rivals....HAH.

I found that weird as well. I am surprised to see a Florida boy be interested in Penn State, especially a MNW boy.

It certainly looks like we are trying to expand our recruiting horizon and I have no gripes about that. I would love to try and recruit Florida, California, Texas, and the Carolina's with ease.

etk
03-05-2009, 07:14 PM

He said there's no reason for it and it's just kind of random.

Doesn't sound like much to get excited about...he probably watched like 2 PSU games last year, if at all.

cdub11
03-05-2009, 09:30 PM
IMO Cobbs is a take no matter what, he's that talented. If you have to, take him as an athlete and figure it out once he's on campus. Besides we gotta pay em back for for J-Mac ;)

I hope so, I really like Cobbs, USC offered him today, at this point its a numbers game, not sure how many ships we are giving this year and we have 19 commits and there is a good chance we could land Darius White, Lache Seastrunk, Reggie Wilson, Jackson Jeffcoat, Jordan Hicks and Adrian White.

Im also a little bit disappointed we didnt offer Deandrew White... right now he has offers from Florida and ou and I think LSU and Bama may offer as well if they havent already, the guy can fly

Sniper
03-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Minnesota OL Jimmy Gjere commits to Minnesota. Kid also had offers from Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa.

JoeyJr09
03-06-2009, 10:07 AM

Don't look much into it.

There's alot of transplants in Miami from other areas so we get fans from different places. We have alot Steeler fans, NY fans, Philly people.

When young kids from down here see all these random fans they tend to go out and pick a random school to root for just to try to be cooler and different.

There's really no reason or logic behind it and usually they dont follow the team all that much.

I think it's stupid but its happens down here for some reason.

His family grew up Miami and FSU fans which will likely play more of a role with them pressuring him then him randomly picking PSU to root for.

kwilk103
03-06-2009, 10:35 AM
juco ol benji komeatu recommits to wvu

cdub11
03-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Potential 5 star DE Reggie Wilson is expected to announce after spring break

HindSight
03-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Minnesota OL Jimmy Gjere commits to Minnesota. Kid also had offers from Ohio State, Wisconsin and Iowa.
I think his only official offers were Minny & sconsin.

bearsfan_51
03-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Iowa was an official offer too. Ohio State very likely would have offered but it's hard to say.

Huge commit by Gjere though. He'll very likely be a 4 star kid, and to keep him at home is huge for Brewster. Gopher fans are pumped for this one.

sbh15
03-06-2009, 02:52 PM
some quotes on florida from top level guys

“I’d like to make an early commitment,” White said. “I’m hoping to do it this summer. I just want the recruiting process behind me once I start my senior year." (Talking about the Gators) "I love their defense,” White said. “They play fast and always have great corners. I like how they just let them loose to make plays. They also have really good coaches. They just have it all.”- CB Adrian White

"I knew that Florida was going to beat Oklahoma from the jump. When that safety put that hit on that Oklahoma wide receiver it was a white out. They were just too fast. I am loving Florida right about now."- WR Demarco Cobbs

"Everything is going real good right now. The Gators are still my number one team. I don't know when I might commit yet but it's between Florida and North Carolina so we will see. I plan to get to North Carolina over the summer."- LB Gideon Ajagbe

"Florida told me that they really want me and that it's the best place for me because the way they use their tight end. Aaron Hernandez could be leaving and they will have an opportunity for playing time right away."- TE Gerald Christian

"I called Coach Bedford last Thursday around 7:30 and we had a real good conversation. The next step is for me to speak with Coach Meyer and I plan on doing that soon. I am really excited about the recruiting process."- DE Corey Lemonier

came from a gator source i got, dunno where he got it.

JoeyJr09
03-06-2009, 03:10 PM
some quotes on florida from top level guys

came from a gator source i got, dunno where he got it.

Christian didnt reall reinvent the wheel with those quotes but if hes seriously about looking at depth chart at TE, it helps Miami way more then UF.

Ill be really surprised if Lemonier isnt a Hurricane. He loves us and has been a fairly strong Miami lean for months.

sbh15
03-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Christian didnt reall reinvent the wheel with those quotes but if hes seriously about looking at depth chart at TE, it helps Miami way more then UF.

Ill be really surprised if Lemonier isnt a Hurricane. He loves us and has been a fairly strong Miami lean for months.

Yeah, but he's (Christian) been a Gator lean, and he was talking about the Gators.

Obviously, Miami is as good with their TE's as anyone.

JoeyJr09
03-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Yeah, but he's (Christian) been a Gator lean, and he was talking about the Gators.

Obviously, Miami is as good with their TE's as anyone.

Only reason he's considered a Gator lean is because of Elam. Even his teammates at Dwyer say they have no idea what he's thinking.

Don't get how the fact he was talking about the Gators changes my post.

He was bringing up positives about early PT as a TE for Gators. Well imagine what he must think of early PT at TE for Miami. Were the only guy ahead of him will be a true Sophomore.

HeartBrave
03-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Joey, what's the word on McCartney, anything new?

btw,does anybody know when rivals sets it's first 2010 top 100.?

BRAVEHEART
03-06-2009, 05:26 PM
^^

Yeah, what he said.

kwilk103
03-06-2009, 05:29 PM

spring/summer

i remember heastie was like 35th when he commited, which was our spring game at the end of april

sbh15
03-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Only reason he's considered a Gator lean is because of Elam. Even his teammates at Dwyer say they have no idea what he's thinking.

Don't get how the fact he was talking about the Gators changes my post.

He was bringing up positives about early PT as a TE for Gators. Well imagine what he must think of early PT at TE for Miami. Were the only guy ahead of him will be a true Sophomore.

It seemed like you expected him to say something in Miami during a quote about the Gators.

That's all I was really saying.

kwilk103
03-06-2009, 09:08 PM
apparently 2009 signee branko busick was injured in the ohio state wrestling semis

injured knee and taken to osu med center

was 44-0 on season

steelersfan43
03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3896639

This is my friend lol. He is pumped he just got that ucla offer. I want to see how many stars he has but scout is not updating.

JRTPlaya21
03-06-2009, 11:17 PM

I think on rivals I read that it would be out before then end of the month.

Hollywood
03-06-2009, 11:36 PM

This is my friend lol. He is pumped he just got that ucla offer. I want to see how many stars he has but scout is not updating.

Your friend spells his name wrong.

GOB
03-07-2009, 12:00 AM
His parents spell his name wrong.fixed for accuracy.

JoeyJr09
03-07-2009, 08:17 AM

Nothing since all the stuff he said about us in the interview after we offered.

Sniper
03-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Florida guys, anyone have info on CB Spencer Boyd?

YAYareaRB
03-07-2009, 11:15 AM

I will forever remember Bellvue as the school that ended De La Salle's win streak.

Sniper
03-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I will forever remember Bellvue as the school that ended De La Salle's win streak.

Yup. Too bad their star right tackle sucks in college at Michigan.

When the Game Stands Tall is a fantastic book that everyone should read. It covers De La Salle's streak and even has a blurb at the end on the game that ended it.

kwilk103
03-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Florida guys, anyone have info on CB Spencer Boyd?

hoping to get a wvu offer soon

born in wv, wvu fan; parents wvu fans

but, we're concentrating on oline right now---which we could be done with after today

Texas Homer
03-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Anyone have any info on DE Jackson Jeffcoat and/or DE Reggie Wilson?

Both would be a terror to block if Texas lands them.

BamaFalcon59
03-07-2009, 01:44 PM
hoping to get a wvu offer soon

born in wv, wvu fan; parents wvu fans

but, we're concentrating on oline right now---which we could be done with after today

Taking Virginia's scraps- Quinton Spain and Marquis Wallace.

JoeyJr09
03-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Hearing Palmetto DE Delvin Jones to USC.

FWIW, I got some friends that used to go to Palmetto and follow the football there pretty closely.

They say Jones has a huge ego and isnt the best with teammates.

They also say Matthew Meyers is the best player on the Palmetto team and is severaly underlooked. (Meyers has an older brother that graduated from Miami and is playing in the NFL)

Not trashing Jones, because as Braveheart and attest to, I said I'd take him. Just passing along info from friends that are alot more informed on Jones then I am.

steelersfan43
03-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Yup. Too bad their star right tackle sucks in college at Michigan.

When the Game Stands Tall is a fantastic book that everyone should read. It covers De La Salle's streak and even has a blurb at the end on the game that ended it.

Lol i was at that game. woot.

Sniper
03-07-2009, 03:12 PM

Yeah, he seemed really excited about the USC offer in the latest Scout article.

BRAVEHEART
03-07-2009, 03:21 PM

FWIW, I got some friends that used to go to Palmetto and follow the football there pretty closely.

They say Jones has a huge ego and isnt the best with teammates.

They also say Matthew Meyers is the best player on the Palmetto team and is severaly underlooked. (Meyers has an older brother that graduated from Miami and is playing in the NFL)

Not trashing Jones, because as Braveheart and attest to, I said I'd take him. Just passing along info from friends that are alot more informed on Jones then I am.

not surprised if it happens, but I heard that he still wants to look around (with USC as his leader). He did say he'd commit if we gave him an offer. As for the ego thing, it could be true, but if it is, he'll be humbled and put in the dog house like stafon was when he came in.

JoeyJr09
03-07-2009, 03:43 PM
not surprised if it happens, but I heard that he still wants to look around (with USC as his leader). He did say he'd commit if we gave him an offer. As for the ego thing, it could be true, but if it is, he'll be humbled and put in the dog house like stafon was when he came in.

From my understanding, it's already happened.

Just hasn't gone public.

Say thanks to Frankie Telfort.

Sniper
03-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Joey, did you see my earlier post about Stephen Boyd?

kwilk103
03-07-2009, 04:00 PM

hes on the opposite side of florida than where joey is from

BRAVEHEART
03-07-2009, 04:08 PM

Just hasn't gone public.

thank you Frankie!

JRTPlaya21
03-07-2009, 04:09 PM

Just hasn't gone public.

Hey Joey, did yall pick up Jerry Rice Jr.?

JoeyJr09
03-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey Joey, did yall pick up Jerry Rice Jr.?

Yep. He's a walk on for us.

Not bad to be getting 3 Star walk on and kids of HOFers.

JoeyJr09
03-07-2009, 04:37 PM

Yea meant to reply. Sorry.

Anyways, as kwilk said he is from the other coast of FLA but I do follow that area in passing.

I don't know a ton about Boyd but what I have heard is very positive and he is very well regarded.

He would be hyped much more if he lived 15 minutes south in the Naples area instead of Cape Coral. Cape Coral just tends to get overlooked where as Naples has been finally getting it's due lately.

Heard he is likely heading OOS too so that bodes well for you but I don't know any schools in particular or anything like that.

kwilk103
03-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Yea meant to reply. Sorry.

Anyways, as kwilk said he is from the other coast of FLA but I do follow that area in passing.

I don't know a ton about Boyd but what I have heard is very positive and he is very well regarded.

He would be hyped much more if he lived 15 minutes south in the Naples area instead of Cape Coral. Cape Coral just tends to get overlooked where as Naples has been finally getting it's due lately.

Heard he is likely heading OOS too so that bodes well for you but I don't know any schools in particular or anything like that.

family likes wvu/notre dame

probably coming to our junior camp and if he does well will get an offer; might come up for our spring game

we're just focusing on getting oline done, which will likely end today

i know hes friends with a couple of our players

JRTPlaya21
03-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Yep. He's a walk on for us.

Not bad to be getting 3 Star walk on and kids of HOFers.

Yeah I remember seeing that on yalls scout board. I also found this link.

http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2009/03/jerry-rice-jr-and-ucla.html

JoeyJr09
03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Yeah I remember seeing that on yalls scout board. I also found this link.

http://www.insidesocal.com/ucla/2009/03/jerry-rice-jr-and-ucla.html

1st I heard about anything like that.

As far as I know he has been admitted to Miami and President Shalala asked Randy personally to allow Jr to walk on for us.

It was a done deal last we heard but he isn't due to be on campus until summer with the rest of the recruits and it's not like he signed a LOI or anything so I'm sure he could change his mind if he decided against Miami.

wicket
03-07-2009, 05:45 PM
family likes wvu/notre dame

probably coming to our junior camp and if he does well will get an offer; might come up for our spring game

we're just focusing on getting oline done, which will likely end today

i know hes friends with a couple of our players

i believe you are all talking about spencer boyd or is that the same person?

kwilk103
03-07-2009, 05:55 PM
i believe you are all talking about spencer boyd or is that the same person?

yes............

Hokie_Pokie08
03-07-2009, 10:38 PM

Spain is really raw, but Marquis Wallace is far, far, far from being considered scraps. He is my favorite G prospect that VT is after and would be a huge get if we can pull him. He is a definite top 10 guy in VA for next year's class.

BamaFalcon59
03-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Spain is really raw, but Marquis Wallace is far, far, far from being considered scraps. He is my favorite G prospect that VT is after and would be a huge get if we can pull him. He is a definite top 10 guy in VA for next year's class.

I haven't heard of us wanting him (Wallace) much at all. He's listed at like 6'5", but I read he is like 6'1". Shuman and Connor Davis are much bigger gets, along with maybe a few of Bodine, the SC center, Ferris, etc etc..

twista6002
03-08-2009, 12:26 AM
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=87100

Future badass roadgrader

Book it

cdub11
03-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Anyone have any info on DE Jackson Jeffcoat and/or DE Reggie Wilson?

Both would be a terror to block if Texas lands them.

Reggie Wilson is scheduled to announce after spring break, looks like he is down to Texas and TCU

Jackson Jeffcoat visited ou today, he is also scheduled to make a 2nd visit to Texas for the spring game

GOB
03-08-2009, 01:19 AM
It'll be interesting to see if Lache Seastrunk and Trovon Reed will and do infact want to attend college together.

Race for the Heisman
03-08-2009, 01:21 AM
I know its still early in the process but a guy who could wind up being a sleeper is Jonathan Ballard. I was just browsing and I came across him on Scouting Ohio. I was initially intrigued by the measurables (6'3 - 200; reported 4.5) but after watching his film he looks a lot closer to 4.8. Anyway, incredibly raw kid, but he's got nice pocket presence, pretty good accuracy, and a good looking arm. He's athletic, but I don't really see him as a dual threat in college. I think he could make a smaller D1 school very happy.

Also, one bigger (more well-known) prospect who impressed me is LaTwan Anderson, who has fantastic film.

Another guy with no offers who looked good on film is Evan Bach. He's a white running back and probably a bit of a positional tweener, but he's looks a hell of a lot faster than he competition and he's a natural at running back; great vision and sets up blocks very well. He comes from a triple option offense so that is something to note but he looks good to me.

sbh15
03-08-2009, 08:51 AM

Obviously. Because your beloved Hokies aren't interested, the players are scraps.

BamaFalcon59
03-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Obviously. Because your beloved Hokies aren't interested, the players are scraps.

Well, kind of. If the in state schools aren't interested the player is probably second or third tier. Virginia has a ton of talent, but it's not like Florida where players who don't get offered by FSU/ UF/ UM are still great. Spain is overweight, we never showed him interest despite him saying in an interview last season we were his leader. Wallace is like 6'1".

They aren't bad players, but they aren't in the top tier of prospects in Virginia.

Hines
03-08-2009, 06:34 PM
WR Adrian Coxson loved his unofficial visit to Penn State. I expect him to commit within a month or so. He is going to be a stud.

cdub11
03-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Adrian White is announcing his committment this Friday on an Austin Radio Station

BRAVEHEART
03-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Adrian White is announcing his committment this Friday on an Austin Radio Station

is he a sure fire texas guy?

sbh15
03-08-2009, 08:49 PM

There were rumors he was a silent, according to cdub himself IIRC.

cdub11
03-08-2009, 09:59 PM

I would be very surprised if he didnt choose Texas, there have been rumors that he is a silent commit and it doesnt hurt that his teammate Darius Terrell has already committed to Texas

BRAVEHEART
03-08-2009, 10:01 PM
I would be very surprised if he didnt choose Texas, there have been rumors that he is a silent commit and it doesnt hurt that his teammate Darius Terrell has already committed to Texas

since you're a texas guy, how serious is reggie wilson about TCU? Is he just going to texas like most texas kids, or is TCU really in the picture.

cdub11
03-08-2009, 10:25 PM
since you're a texas guy, how serious is reggie wilson about TCU? Is he just going to texas like most texas kids, or is TCU really in the picture.

I think he ends up at Texas but the TCU coaching staff said they really like their chances to get him, he was at TCU this weekend for his 2nd visit.

bearsfan_51
03-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Gophers get a commit from ATH Lamonte Edwards. That's their 4th commit, 2nd in state. Probably a 3 star athlete to start out with, and 3rd or 4th in the state.

BamaFalcon59
03-09-2009, 07:09 AM
Virginia Tech. is probably going to have their best recruiting season ever. Kids are really taking notice of our success, in and out of state. Defensive backs, as usual, are flocking to us. Two probable four star quarterbacks, Ricardo Young and Gabriel Henderson, have us at the top or near it. We're in great position for three of Virginia's top five (Acree, McCray, and Shuman are the three), and in decent position for another (Justin Hunter). A couple receivers have us high. Top two for Connor Davis. Brian Laiti, Travis Williams, and Forbes from Maryland all look like possibilities at linebacker, Williams may be a rover for us, though. Laiti is a probable get. DT Acree and Hopkins.

Anyway, looking great so far. Probably the biggest coup is how much interest we are getting from out of state kids in Maryland and especially North Carolina.

JRTPlaya21
03-09-2009, 10:40 AM
Sounds great Bama.

cdub11
03-09-2009, 10:45 AM

I believe they release it tomorrow or Wednesday

cdub11
03-09-2009, 02:43 PM
My Prediction for Texas HS Players in Rivals 100 tomorrow

5*
RB Lache Seastrunk
DE Jackson Jeffcoat
DE Reggie Wilson
WR Darius White

Possible 5*
DT Taylor Bible - Texas
DB Ahmad Dixon - Texas

OL Jake Matthews
LB Tevin Jackson - Texas
WR Mike Davis - LSU
LB Corey Nelson
OL Evan Washington
QB Connor Wood - Texas
WR Deandrew White
DB Adrian White
LB Aaron Benson - Texas

Close but dont think they make the top 100
OL Trey Hopkins - Texas
DB Bryant Jackson – Texas
WR Chris Jones – Texas

bigbenn
03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Virginia Tech. is probably going to have their best recruiting season ever. Kids are really taking notice of our success, in and out of state. Defensive backs, as usual, are flocking to us. Two probable four star quarterbacks, Ricardo Young and Gabriel Henderson, have us at the top or near it. We're in great position for three of Virginia's top five (Acree, McCray, and Shuman are the three), and in decent position for another (Justin Hunter). A couple receivers have us high. Top two for Connor Davis. Brian Laiti, Travis Williams, and Forbes from Maryland all look like possibilities at linebacker, Williams may be a rover for us, though. Laiti is a probable get. DT Acree and Hopkins.

Anyway, looking great so far. Probably the biggest coup is how much interest we are getting from out of state kids in Maryland and especially North Carolina.

I don't know why Illinois just won't offer Young. It's something about since there is a new position coach they have to re evaluate him but why would you if he outperformed Nate Scheelhaase at the Illinois camp last summer? Both looked great but Young was better and with a stronger arm. The only knock on him is height but this isn't the NFL. I really hope they have somebody in the wings because this could be a early commit type of player. He's best friends and cousins with Tavon Wilson and Joelil Thrash (Cousin for one, best friend for the other) and would love to come to Illinois. I don't understand what the wait is for.

sbh15
03-09-2009, 03:53 PM
My prediction for current UF commits in tomorrow's rankings.

ATH Matt Elam [West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer] - Low http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gif

S Jonathan Dowling [Bradenton (FL) Southeast] - High http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gif

DB Demar Dorsey [Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson] - Mid http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gif

QB Trey Burton, OL Ian Silberman, and DB Victor Hampton should all be in the 250, with all 3 having a shot at cracking the 100 in the coming months (Rivals did a preview of where some of the UF kids would be rated and these three weren't real high - Silberman was the highest).

Hollywood
03-09-2009, 05:05 PM
My prediction for current UF commits in tomorrow's rankings.

ATH Matt Elam [West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer] - Low http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gif

S Jonathan Dowling [Bradenton (FL) Southeast] - High http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gif

DB Demar Dorsey [Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson] - Mid http://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/database/staryellow.gif

QB Trey Burton, OL Ian Silberman, and DB Victor Hampton should all be in the 250, with all 3 having a shot at cracking the 100 in the coming months (Rivals did a preview of where some of the UF kids would be rated and these three weren't real high - Silberman was the highest).

I thought Burton was a lock to be a 5 star guy? Note I do not think he is a 5 star QB;far from it actually, but I thought because he was the next Urban Meyer system QB ala Smith and Tebow plus all the early hype surrounding him he would be a shoe in for 5? No?

BamaFalcon59
03-09-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't know why Illinois just won't offer Young. It's something about since there is a new position coach they have to re evaluate him but why would you if he outperformed Nate Scheelhaase at the Illinois camp last summer? Both looked great but Young was better and with a stronger arm. The only knock on him is height but this isn't the NFL. I really hope they have somebody in the wings because this could be a early commit type of player. He's best friends and cousins with Tavon Wilson and Joelil Thrash (Cousin for one, best friend for the other) and would love to come to Illinois. I don't understand what the wait is for.

Ricardo Young and Gabriel Henderson look like they will commit before their senior season. Actually, a lot of our possible commits look that way.

Michael Vick really changed this program. Kids like Young and Henderson continue to mention him when discussing their interest in Virginia Tech..

It looks like a West Virginia and Virginia Tech. battle for Young, but I feel very, very good about our chances.

sbh15
03-09-2009, 05:13 PM
I thought Burton was a lock to be a 5 star guy? Note I do not think he is a 5 star QB;far from it actually, but I thought because he was the next Urban Meyer system QB ala Smith and Tebow plus all the early hype surrounding him he would be a shoe in for 5? No?

Actually the Rivals guy ranking the group said Burton and Silberman would be the lowest of 6. A low 4* to start out, as a matter of fact. However, I expect to see Burton in the 100 by NSD.

Hollywood
03-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Actually the Rivals guy ranking the group said Burton would be the lowest of 6.

A mid 3* to start out, as a matter of fact. However, I expect to see Burton in the 100 by NSD.

Why would he move up so much? It's not like he is a sleeper, everyone has known about him and seen him for awhile now...

sbh15
03-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Why would he move up so much? It's not like he is a sleeper, everyone has known about him and seen him for awhile now...

He needs to prove that he can throw the football well... he's got incredible athleticism, but his mechanics are God awful and the guy judging really didn't like that. Turned out I misread anyway, he's supposed to start out low 4* (probably rivals 250 - I edited my original post like a minute after you quoted it)... I would expect him to crack the 100 at the end of the year because I think he'll have a stellar senior season and show he's ready.

Hines
03-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Is it the rankings and the top 100 and 250 tomorrow or just the 100 and 250?

sbh15
03-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Is it the rankings and the top 100 and 250 tomorrow or just the 100 and 250?

I think just the 100

BRAVEHEART
03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
Delvin Jones - high****
D.J. Morgan - mid****
Dillion Baxter - high****

One of these guys might be 5 star tommorow, but I'm sure they'll most likely be 4 stars for now.

wicket
03-09-2009, 07:42 PM
chris martin 5*
cristian lombard high 4*
daniel smith high 3* (should get four but wont)

bigbenn
03-09-2009, 08:18 PM
chris martin 5*
cristian lombard high 4*
daniel smith high 3* (should get four but wont)

Lombard has no business there.

JoeyJr09
03-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Delvin Jones - high****
D.J. Morgan - mid****
Dillion Baxter - high****

One of these guys might be 5 star tommorow, but I'm sure they'll most likely be 4 stars for now.

If Delvin Jones is a high 4* then someone at rivals needs to be shot.

He's a should be a 5.8 low 4*

Ill be surprised if he's in the top 250, much less the top 100.

Only kids from Miami so far that should be ranked tomorrow are Louis Nix as a 5* top 25 guy and Todd Chandler as a 4* top 75 guy.

Wellington OL Shane McDermott committed to Miami today BTW.

Also, I wont vouch for the source but supposedly Joyner will commit to OSU soon. Nobody really expects it to stick tho.

JoeyJr09
03-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Just a side note...

Alot of yall are being unrealistic on the rankings here.

everyone is saying they have high 4* guys all over the place. You guys realize there's not even 50 high (6.0) 4* guys every year right? Alot of you guys are gonna be let down when this gets released.

sbh15
03-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Just a side note...

Alot of yall are being unrealistic on the rankings here.

everyone is saying they have high 4* guys all over the place. You guys realize there's not even 50 high (6.0) 4* guys every year right? Alot of you guys are gonna be let down when this gets released.

Well I already have seen a pre-ranking for Florida guys, and I just went with that. Dorsey is the only one I'm differing from them on. The guys who wrote the article were a consensus for Elam as a 5*, Dowling as a high 4 with a very good chance to push 5*, and Dorsey was a 4* but I don't know if they had him cracking the 100.

sbh15
03-09-2009, 09:15 PM
Florida signed #7 today - TE Michael McFarland [Tampa (FL) Blake]

BRAVEHEART
03-09-2009, 09:33 PM

Only kids from Miami so far that should be ranked tomorrow are Louis Nix as a 5* top 25 guy and Todd Chandler as a 4* top 75 guy.

Also, I wont vouch for the source but supposedly Joyner will commit to OSU soon. Nobody really expects it to stick tho.

6-5, 230, 10.7 seconds on the 100m dash, usc offer....It's possible.

JoeyJr09
03-09-2009, 10:31 PM
6-5, 230, 10.7 seconds on the 100m dash, usc offer....It's possible.

And produced absolutely nothing at 2 of the worst football schools in South Florida.

JoeyJr09
03-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Well I already have seen a pre-ranking for Florida guys, and I just went with that. Dorsey is the only one I'm differing from them on. The guys who wrote the article were a consensus for Elam as a 5*, Dowling as a high 4 with a very good chance to push 5*, and Dorsey was a 4* but I don't know if they had him cracking the 100.

Elam is a sure fire 5*

Dowling should be a 5.9 rated mid 4*

Dorsey shouldn't be any higher then a 5.8 low 4*. And he is fringe top 250 at best. Not where near the 100. If he is, something someone got his eval dead wrong. He's all camp hype, zero production at all.

fresssh
03-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Has anybody heard on William Gholston, if he is leaning anywhere. I seen where he said distance wont be a factor. At 1 tape I seen he looked slow as hell, but after seeing this 1 he has become my favorite prospect next year. 6'7 but he looks good at OLB. Didnt like what I seen from him at DE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSV_vRruQfk

BRAVEHEART
03-09-2009, 10:43 PM
And produced absolutely nothing at 2 of the worst football schools in South Florida.

20 sacks last season....it was against garbage, but it wasn't "absolutely nothing".

CC
03-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Has anybody heard on William Gholston, if he is leaning anywhere. I seen where he said distance wont be a factor. At 1 tape I seen he looked slow as hell, but after seeing this 1 he has become my favorite prospect next year. 6'7 but he looks good at OLB. Didnt like what I seen from him at DE.

I think most would say he is a Michigan State lean.

Race for the Heisman
03-09-2009, 11:54 PM

I've heard Michigan State as well. He's very arm tackle-oriented as a linebacker which I can't say I'm a fan of. There's hardly enough tape of him at DE to judge but I have to think he plays there (in college) until he proves he can't (or LEO perhaps). The position is just so much more valuable than linebacker.

JoeyJr09
03-10-2009, 07:09 AM
20 sacks last season....it was against garbage, but it wasn't "absolutely nothing".

LaSalle is worse then some of the JV teams from the good schools in the county.

Sniper
03-10-2009, 10:54 AM

Michigan State all day, err day.

YAYareaRB
03-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Anyone know anything about this WR Mike Davis from Texas? Committed to LSU

cdub11
03-10-2009, 11:30 AM
Anyone know anything about this WR Mike Davis from Texas? Committed to LSU

He is 6'1 185 from Dallas

#2 receiver in the state IMO

BRAVEHEART
03-10-2009, 01:03 PM
anyone have any info on Demarco Cobbs?

cdub11
03-10-2009, 01:18 PM
anyone have any info on Demarco Cobbs?

he said in an interview yesterday that he would like to wait until signing day to commit, also said Texas was his "dream school" but doesnt know if they will still have a spot for him if he waits, he also like USC a lot, they just offered him last weekend, my guess is that is comes down to Texas and USC

BRAVEHEART
03-10-2009, 01:45 PM
he said in an interview yesterday that he would like to wait until signing day to commit, also said Texas was his "dream school" but doesnt know if they will still have a spot for him if he waits, he also like USC a lot, they just offered him last weekend, my guess is that is comes down to Texas and USC

Yeah he has family in LA, and an aunt who's a SC alum. Both programs seem like they'll be stacked at WR this year, do you think there is a 3rd team in the mix?

cdub11
03-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Yeah he has family in LA, and an aunt who's a SC alum. Both programs seem like they'll be stacked at WR this year, do you think there is a 3rd team in the mix?

In his interview he also listed Florida, Oklahoma, LSU, Auburn and Arkansas... but I got the impression that Texas & USC are the frontrunners

sbh15
03-10-2009, 04:54 PM
So for all this talk about the rankings... when are they coming out? I thought it was today...

Hollywood
03-10-2009, 04:56 PM
So for all this talk about the rankings... when are they coming out? I thought it was today...

I thought you were the only one talking about rankings and I was looking for them and couldn't find them haha. Where did you hear they were coming out today?

BRAVEHEART
03-10-2009, 04:57 PM

tomorrow...maybe.

sbh15
03-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I thought you were the only one talking about rankings and I was looking for them and couldn't find them haha. Where did you hear they were coming out today?

I saw a bunch of people all over the place saying stuff like

"predictions for rankings?"

Unless I completely misread.... edit: nope, cdub made the first mention of it.

ToldLikeItIs
03-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Aj Derby is top 60.

cdub11
03-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I was on Rivals today and one of the mods said they had to delay the ranking until tomorrow. Top 100 will be out tomorrow and Top 250 on Thursday.

Marino13
03-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Michigan State all day, err day.

not anymore. Early on they were because he wanted to play TE. Now, he's decided that he wants to play LB in college. Now it's pretty much a MSU,OSU, Michigan 3 way tie right now, but that will change.

sbh15
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
My insider says CB Adrian White will be a 5* come tomorrow and will definitely commit to Texas on Friday. He also says that he is very confident (90%) Florida will get one of Demarco Cobbs or Darius White (who will also be a 5* he says)... White will be dependent on how hard Texas pushes, because he is turned off by the four commitments they already have.

Sniper
03-10-2009, 09:32 PM
not anymore. Early on they were because he wanted to play TE. Now, he's decided that he wants to play LB in college. Now it's pretty much a MSU,OSU, Michigan 3 way tie right now, but that will change.

Does he have an OSU offer?

cdub11
03-10-2009, 10:43 PM
My insider says CB Adrian White will be a 5* come tomorrow and will definitely commit to Texas on Friday. He also says that he is very confident (90%) Florida will get one of Demarco Cobbs or Darius White (who will also be a 5* he says)... White will be dependent on how hard Texas pushes, because he is turned off by the four commitments they already have.

I would't be surprised if Adrian is a 5* and I fully expect Darius & Cobbs to be 5*... I felt pretty good about Adrian White choosing Texas when he said he was announcing in Austin

I think Texas has a much better chance of landing Darius White than Demarco Cobbs, Texas is pushing hard to get Darius White, There are some rumors on another board that he might commit by the spring game, also it doesnt hurt that his girlfriend is attending Texas this fall

JRTPlaya21
03-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Kinda off topic but Adrian White def has the Ronaldo haircut going on. It looks ridiculous. Hope his play is 5 * worthy.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=63989

http://www.ticketcity.com/images/temp/ronaldo.jpg

Don Vito
03-11-2009, 01:02 AM
Michigan QB Joe Boisture committed to BC. Pre-season rivals 250, this is a big time pickup for the Eagles because they need a QB for the future (and now) and they haven't had much going well for the program lately. The Matt Ryan connection looks to have sold him.

BRAVEHEART
03-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Michigan QB Joe Boisture committed to BC. Pre-season rivals 250, this is a big time pickup for the Eagles because they need a QB for the future (and now) and they haven't had much going well for the program lately. The Matt Ryan connection looks to have sold him.

Does this mean that Pete Thomas will not go to BC?

Hollywood
03-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Check out Alec Ogletree's myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=94808391

Hopefully none of you here are nerdy enough to actually post comments on his site telling him to go to your school.

khorn
03-11-2009, 02:10 AM

I would be very VERY surprised if Adrian White grades out as a 5* in the initial rankings release. He has the upside but after what Mike Davis did to him in their playoff game I just don't see any way he gets rated that highly. He has a very good chance of being a top 100 player but not a 5*, not yet.

Also on White/Cobbs, I wouldn't doubt UF getting one of the two, White will most likely commit to Texas very soon. I don't see the competition being that big of a factor because he is at the level where he should be able to trounce his competition. Cobbs will probably be an afterthought for Texas after all the WR commits they have. That most likely will push him to one of the other big OOS schools (USC,UF,LSU).

Don Vito
03-11-2009, 07:01 AM
Does this mean that Pete Thomas will not go to BC?

I'm not sure, I know BC was recruiting him pretty hard and they probably still are. The QB situation at BC is pretty bad right now and they probably don't want to risk losing Boisture and having nobody else since it is so early.

cdub11
03-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Here it is

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2369

cdub11
03-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Im very surprised how low Demarco Cobbs is

Love the fact that Seastrunk, D. White, Jeffcoat are top 10

JRTPlaya21
03-11-2009, 08:39 AM
thanks cdub. No surprise at the top 2 at all.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-11-2009, 08:45 AM
SIAP: http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=880&Year=2010&ra_key=2369 RIVALS 100 LIST

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=922556 Story leading into the Rivals 100 list

'10 PSU QB commit from PA, Paul (PJ) Jones, #88 on the Rivals 100 list and a 4* prospect. :) Makes me happy. No '10 PA LB Mike Hull on the 100 though, which is complete and utter ish, I can't even believe it.

Sniper
03-11-2009, 08:59 AM
SIAP: http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=880&Year=2010&ra_key=2369 RIVALS 100 LIST

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=922556 Story leading into the Rivals 100 list

'10 PSU QB commit from PA, Paul (PJ) Jones, #88 on the Rivals 100 list and a 4* prospect. :) Makes me happy. No '10 PA LB Mike Hull on the 100 though, which is complete and utter ish, I can't even believe it.

Yeah, that's dumb. But it's so premature it doesn't really matter. I mean, come on. Ricardo Miller has offers from everyone and he's not a top 100 player? Please. It's not a big deal.

draftguru151
03-11-2009, 09:06 AM
The Florida rankings are pretty bleh.

cdub11
03-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Yeah, that's dumb. But it's so premature it doesn't really matter. I mean, come on. Ricardo Miller has offers from everyone and he's not a top 100 player? Please. It's not a big deal.

I agree that Ricardo Miller should be on the list

They left him off because "he lacks top end speed"

Sniper
03-11-2009, 09:15 AM
I agree that Ricardo Miller should be on the list

They left him off because "he lacks top end speed"

That makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes: Urban Meyer, the coach of the nation's fastest team, thought he was good enough to offer him, but hey, Rivals knows all. :rolleyes:

To me, a prospect with offers from Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Alabama, Michigan, Miami etc... is a top 100 prospect.

BRAVEHEART
03-11-2009, 09:17 AM

You called it.:mad:

Hines
03-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I am happy to see a lot of Penn State targets in the top 100. Paul Jones at 88 is nice, but I hate the fact that Mike Hull isn't in it. Totally ********.

Hollywood
03-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Louis Nix and to a lesser extent Todd Chandler not being on the list is a ******* joke. Yes, the Florida rankings are terrible.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-11-2009, 09:56 AM

One of the national guys said he isn't big...regarding Mike Hull. LMFAO. Real surprise there, the kid only works out constantly, plays baseball, was one of the best wrestlers and has been lighting it up practically since he has been in H.S.

Hull hasn't wrestled though, I don't know if he will as a senior or not, but if he doesn't he'll probably come into PSU at 215-220. Tom Bradley has already talked to him about getting on the field when he shows he is ready, and possibly seeing some PT as a S in certain packages.

I haven't seen a single list that doesn't include Mike Hull until this rivals 100 list came out, including New Era, FVSports and many more. Hull committed to PSU while we were still playing out our schedule and had yet to even go bowling...if he waited to commit until August or September of this year he probably would've had 20-25 offers.

Sniper
03-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Hull is bigger than Jelani Jenkins is...

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 10:28 AM

The Florida rankings are pretty horrendus.

Jaylen Watkins and Delvin Jones ahead of Louis Nix, Todd Chandler, Ricardo Miller, Brandon Linder is pretty brutal.

Nix, Chandler, Miller and Linder are top 10 in the state of Florida at the very least. Jones and Watkins are fringe top 20.

Rivals is usually pretty spot on with their rankings but wow are the florida ones pretty bad this year.

kwilk103
03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
when hull was a soph, he was the best lb on the field when his team played my hs----included sweat (osu) and yancich (psu) who were seniors

oh, and wvu leads for texas qb/ath jeremy johnson; he likes ou, but they want him as an ath, we offered as a qb

Hollywood
03-11-2009, 10:49 AM
The Florida rankings are pretty horrendus.

Jaylen Watkins and Delvin Jones ahead of Louis Nix, Todd Chandler, Ricardo Miller, Brandon Linder is pretty brutal.

Nix, Chandler, Miller and Linder are top 10 in the state of Florida at the very least. Jones and Watkins are fringe top 20.

Rivals is usually pretty spot on with their rankings but wow are the florida ones pretty bad this year.

I don't understand how they put Ted Meline in the top 100 either. That one makes no sense to me, especially above Ivan McCartney.

draftguru151
03-11-2009, 11:02 AM
The Acree discussion on the rivals board is pretty funny.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 11:08 AM
I don't understand how they put Ted Meline in the top 100 either. That one makes no sense to me, especially above Ivan McCartney.

Michaelee Harris being on there is pretty brutal as well. He's the 3rd best player at MNW (behind Chandler and Wilson) and he makes the list ahead of the other 2.

Not a single South Florida RB on the list even tho we are loaded with Clements, Gore, Gainer and Bernard.

No Tavadis Glenn or Brandon Linder who are widely considered among the best OL in the nation.

I wanna see the FLAVarsity rankings come out. They are usually better then Rivals rankings and I wanna see how much they differ from Rivals this year.

I'm hoping Rivals does alot of adjusting next time out because I couldnt be more shocked at how bad their early rankings are. Farrell did admit they were very conservative with the Fla guys tho because there is some much talent there this year. Well see. Right now, it's pretty bad.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 11:09 AM
FWIW, Jaime Newberry thinks we land #10 overall player Jeff Luc.

His ranking is pretty brutal as well. I expected him in the 50-75 range.

Not anywhere close to the top 10.

fresssh
03-11-2009, 11:15 AM
I hope we get Luc and sum more top early signings. The way Randy has been talking about this class for over a year Im expecting a number 1 class. At least a class thats better then Florida's.

fresssh
03-11-2009, 11:16 AM
BTW Alec Ogletree again said Miami is the leader. Insidetheu.com.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I hope we get Luc and sum more top early signings. The way Randy has been talking about this class for over a year Im expecting a number 1 class. At least a class thats better then Florida's.

It won't be number 1 unless Rivals severly fixes their florida rankings. They are that bad. They basically extremely overrated every player looking at UF and trashed all the other players in the state.

Honestly, reminds me a ton of 2008 when Rivals initial ranking had Spence as a 3*

He eventually got his 4th * but was never truly ranked where he should have been.

Hopefully Rivals doesnt do the same thing this year. I hate to go off of ESPN rankings.

Bama9507
03-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Bama picked up another one ! Austin Sheppard ! OL from GEORGIA !

Title 3 coming bay bee !

etk
03-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Jeff Luc is the next Jelani Jenkins. Stiff hips and horrible in coverage, yet top 10 in the nation. At least Luc is big, physical and a good hitter.

He's hardly a headliner for a class, more like a nice role player to develop for your defense.

The Florida rankings are just plain terrible. There's no rhyme or reason to them. I wonder if Nix would be top 30 if he was a UF commit.

cdub11
03-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Who are the favorites for Lamarcus Joyner?

P-L
03-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Who are the favorites for Lamarcus Joyner? I though joey (or someone) said he's going to commit to Ohio State soon but he's not expected to sign with them.

Hollywood
03-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Jeff Luc is the next Jelani Jenkins. Stiff hips and horrible in coverage, yet top 10 in the nation. At least Luc is big, physical and a good hitter.

He's hardly a headliner for a class, more like a nice role player to develop for your defense.

The Florida rankings are just plain terrible. There's no rhyme or reason to them. I wonder if Nix would be top 30 if he was a UF commit.

Nix would be top 10 if he was uncommitted. Dude is an absolute beast and one of the best prep DTs I have seen in awhile. Makes absolute no sense to not have him in the top 20 let alone the top 100, but whatever. Rankings don't make a player, he is still a beast either way.

cdub11
03-11-2009, 11:49 AM
I though joey (or someone) said he's going to commit to Ohio State soon but he's not expected to sign with them.

you are right, missed that one

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I though joey (or someone) said he's going to commit to Ohio State soon but he's not expected to sign with them.

But if you notice.

Rivals say UF is the leader.

Hence the high ranking. (He deserved top 15 in this case tho) but guys like Watkins and Dowling did not. They were guys that should have been in the 75-100 range. Not top 45.

The only logic to the state of Florida rankings is that they overrated the UF players and underrate everyone else.

As for Luc. I don't think he's anywhere near as stiff as Jelani was. I think Luc is much more fluid and a better pure LB. But he doesnt have any explosion. That's what bothers me about him. I'm not too worried about his coverage as he will be a MLB and not asked to cover alot but I like more explosion from my LBs.

We should land Alec Ogletree tho so it's fine to have Luc as a 2nd LB. I'd be happy with that.

ToldLikeItIs
03-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Luc destroys people on film. How can you say he doesn't have explosion? That's all he does, explode into his opponent.
Your analysis sucks.

Sniper
03-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Devin Gardner to announce Monday between Baylor, Michigan, Michigan State, LSU and WVU.

etk
03-11-2009, 01:02 PM
As for Luc. I don't think he's anywhere near as stiff as Jelani was. I think Luc is much more fluid and a better pure LB. But he doesnt have any explosion. That's what bothers me about him. I'm not too worried about his coverage as he will be a MLB and not asked to cover alot but I like more explosion from my LBs.

We should land Alec Ogletree tho so it's fine to have Luc as a 2nd LB. I'd be happy with that.

I see what you're saying here. When I said stiff I meant he struggles to open up his hips and drop into the curl/flat. He moves well enough laterally to play the run. It's only one part of his game I was referring to, and I think we're on the same page about his abilities.

I'd be very happy with that LB haul. I wish we had Barrington but oh well.

Luc destroys people on film. How can you say he doesn't have explosion? That's all he does, explode into his opponent.
Your analysis sucks.

Your analysis is wrong. You're looking at a completely different skill...

Luc explodes into contact. He has powerful, explosive movements in short areas. When Joey/me/anyone else says he's not explosive, it means he doesn't explode out of his stance or off a plant/break. He can run but he has built up speed. Explosion/hit power is a completely different issue.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Your analysis sucks.

Ur confusing hit power and explosion.

Learn ur terminology before bashing.

He does has explosion when he changes direction r comes out of his breaks. Thats completely different then laying down big hits.

Sniper
03-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Devin Gardner to announce Monday between Baylor, Michigan, Michigan State, LSU and WVU.

Looks like Michigan...

Goober Man
03-11-2009, 01:15 PM

Buckeyeplanet is listing him as a Michigan Verbal...Lets hope its true

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/2010-football-recruiting/607335-10-mi-qb-devin-gardner-michigan-verbal.html

wicket
03-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Surely Heaps not in the top 100 at all is a joke, certainly when you put Boisture in. Was also kinda suprised not to see lombard in. I like Hurst as a five star, pleasantly suprised. Were other weird things as well but hell.

Sniper
03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Buckeyeplanet is listing him as a Michigan Verbal...Lets hope its true

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/2010-football-recruiting/607335-10-mi-qb-devin-gardner-michigan-verbal.html

That guy unionfutura is legit. He's the one that said "Committed to Michigan", so it's probably true.

VoteLynnSwan
03-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Aj Derby is top 60.

starting early on the terrible predictions this year huh told... not even top 100. Granted it's early, and Derby may be a good player... but you're wrong about everything.

kwilk103
03-11-2009, 01:54 PM
didnt even knew we were going after gardner

our top 4 in no particular order are blake sims (ga, leader), jeremy johnson (tx, leader) ricardo young (dc) and 1 other i cant remember who

we want 2 qbs, but apparently our insiders think we'll only get one b/c of geno and all these guys want to be the only qb in their class

P-L
03-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, Gardner is blue. It will be official on Monday.

sbh15
03-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Well, the Florida rankings do seem off. My biggest surprise had to be Victor Hampton cracking the top 60. Didn't think he was #3 in this class at this point. Anyway, Miami guys, you probably shouldn't worry. They might underrate your guys now, but it's easy to admit that once they see them on the field this year, those rankings will shoot up.

Most of the Gator folk I know are quite confident about Jeff Luc for us, but it seems like he may be a Miami lean? Do you guys have anything on him?

CC
03-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah, Gardner is blue. It will be official on Monday.

That's great news, I wasn't expecting him to call it so early.

JRTPlaya21
03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Anyone got a link to the 2010 Florida high school state rankings?

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Well, the Florida rankings do seem off. My biggest surprise had to be Victor Hampton cracking the top 60. Didn't think he was #3 in this class at this point. Anyway, Miami guys, you probably shouldn't worry. They might underrate your guys now, but it's easy to admit that once they see them on the field this year, those rankings will shoot up.

Most of the Gator folk I know are quite confident about Jeff Luc for us, but it seems like he may be a Miami lean? Do you guys have anything on him?

Id this point I would be surprised if Luc didnt end up a Cane but u know how recruitng goes.

He was born and raised in Miami. He says he grew up a Miami fan and that we are his dream school. Hes said hes very interested in coming back down this way. Hes was visiting us last week and I believe he was here earlier in the year as well. I dont remember him visiting any other school yet but he does have some lined up I believe. Hes also one of the many kids expected to visit during the spring game if memory serves me correctly.

Lots of reasons for optimism here for Miami fans.

BTW...not sure why the Gators are so optimistic (outside of their normal "we get everyone" routine). Luc has pretty much admitted Miami and FSU are his top 2.

sbh15
03-11-2009, 03:07 PM
BTW...not sure wy the Gators are so optimistic (outside of their normal "we get everyone" routine). Luc has pretty much admitted Miami and FSU are his top 2.

Eh... realized I was taking it from the less trustworthy ones I know... Just brought it here to get some outside opinion. I think we'll be taking Ajagbe and with all of the DB's we're bringing in, I think Elam will end up at LB.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Still in utter shock that guys like Linder, Nix and Chandler didnt crack the top 100.

Sad thing is even with Rivals messing up the Fla rankings, we are still in good position to land 5 top 100 guys and a top 10 prospect. Thats usually a sign of a top 10 class.

Just a testsment of how stacked the state is this year.

Our class is gonna look absolutely nasty once our guys play their asses off and force Rivals to move them up.

TigerBait45
03-11-2009, 03:26 PM
I was kind of surprised to see Jordan Allen that high. he's good but I didn't have him higher than Eric Reid on my in-state list. Good to see Trovon Reed in the top 20, too. He's legit.

sbh15
03-11-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm hearing that Seantrel Henderson is all Notre Dame, all the way right now (not very surprising), James Hurst is very interested in Florida (and the feeling is mutual), and Leon Orr and BJ Butler are both silent commits to Florida.

djp
03-11-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm hearing that Seantrel Henderson is all Notre Dame, all the way right now (not very surprising), James Hurst is very interested in Florida (and the feeling is mutual), and Leon Orr and BJ Butler are both silent commits to Florida.

I have spoken to his AAU basketball teammate (and Gopher basketball commitment) and he says that Seantrel is waiting for an offer from USC (this was a month ago) and it would probably come down to USC, Minnesota, and Notre Dame. He doesn't like ND as much as the other players from that school (Floyd, Carufel to name a few) since they have a new coach that seems to be a huge Gopher fan. The old coach moved to the CFL.

cdub11
03-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Mike Farrell says Jackson Jeffcoat is dropping USC from his top 5 because of their DE depth

wicket
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM

I like the Henderson news cause most ND guys feel way better about Hurst then they do about Henderson. Would love to land them both but feel like we would at least get one of the two. It is a nice position to step into as a tackle though with not much depth at tackle at all after next year.

sbh15
03-11-2009, 03:47 PM
I like the Henderson news cause most ND guys feel way better about Hurst then they do about Henderson. Would love to land them both but feel like we would at least get one of the two. It is a nice position to step into as a tackle though with not much depth at tackle at all after next year.

Well one of Florida's best guys (I think from Rivals or Scout or something, somewhere credible) is already predicting Hurst to Florida, and he's rarely wrong. Take that for what it's worth, but the Gator guy I can get to directly says Henderson is an ND lock.

fresssh
03-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Id this point I would be surprised if Luc didnt end up a Cane but u know how recruitng goes.

He was born and raised in Miami. He says he grew up a Miami fan and that we are his dream school. Hes said hes very interested in coming back down this way. Hes was visiting us last week and I believe he was here earlier in the year as well. I dont remember him visiting any other school yet but he does have some lined up I believe. Hes also one of the many kids expected to visit during the spring game if memory serves me correctly.

Lots of reasons for optimism here for Miami fans.

BTW...not sure why the Gators are so optimistic (outside of their normal "we get everyone" routine). Luc has pretty much admitted Miami and FSU are his top 2.

I really hope he comes to Miami but he said last week that Fla leads. He was at Spring practice and said even tho he liked what he saw he is a Gator lean until he goes their and compares the 2. I know I heard his parents want him to go to Fla cus their family was real close to Brian Patas. They moved from Miami because of the crime. My dream wud be to get Jeff Luc, Alec Ogletree and William Gholston as our LB's this year.

El Peefs?????
03-11-2009, 04:29 PM
That's great news, I wasn't expecting him to call it so early.

Early QB commits tend to be rather shaky. I doubt anyone will stop recruiting Gardner after he 'commits' on Monday. If it is true he is blue, and Michigan has another down year coaches will really be all over Gardner.

wicket
03-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Well one of Florida's best guys (I think from Rivals or Scout or something, somewhere credible) is already predicting Hurst to Florida, and he's rarely wrong. Take that for what it's worth, but the Gator guy I can get to directly says Henderson is an ND lock.

fair enough, my ND guy feels we lead for hurst but will have trouble landing henderson so that was why i was suprised.

Gchu83
03-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Adrian White isn't even in the Top 100?

cdub11
03-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Adrian White isn't even in the Top 100?

yeah, the national rivals guys have really been talking him up, I got the impression he would be on it

kwilk103
03-11-2009, 05:11 PM
cdub, you know anything about texas qb/ath jeremy johnson?

named wvu his leader b/c we offered as a qb

i know ou offered as an ath

cdub11
03-11-2009, 05:28 PM
cdub, you know anything about texas qb/ath jeremy johnson?

named wvu his leader b/c we offered as a qb

i know ou offered as an ath

Other than seeing his highlight video I dont know much about him, based on his video he looks like he would be a great fit as a qb at WVU

kwilk103
03-11-2009, 05:41 PM
reminds me of pat white

cdub11
03-11-2009, 05:50 PM
here is a scouting report I found on him from orangebloods

Johnson is an exciting offensive player that is a threat to score from anywhere on the field. As a runner, he has the ability to break down defenders in one-on-one situations because of his ability to cut on the dime and explode out it. While his initial separation is sudden, he seems to not quite have that extra gear that allows him to run away from guys. When he lines up at receiver, he’s shown the ability to catch the ball with his hands away from his body. He’s a bit raw and will need some time to develop, but this is a guy that has some exciting ball skills and he just needs to be worked with a little.

BamaFalcon59
03-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Still in utter shock that guys like Linder, Nix and Chandler didnt crack the top 100.

Sad thing is even with Rivals messing up the Fla rankings, we are still in good position to land 5 top 100 guys and a top 10 prospect. Thats usually a sign of a top 10 class.

Just a testsment of how stacked the state is this year.

Our class is gonna look absolutely nasty once our guys play their asses off and force Rivals to move them up.

What's sad is Virginia's best player, WR Justin Hunter, is not in the top 100. It's third and fifth best players are not either.

Haha.

kwilk103
03-11-2009, 06:01 PM
here is a scouting report I found on him from orangebloods

Johnson is an exciting offensive player that is a threat to score from anywhere on the field. As a runner, he has the ability to break down defenders in one-on-one situations because of his ability to cut on the dime and explode out it. While his initial separation is sudden, he seems to not quite have that extra gear that allows him to run away from guys. When he lines up at receiver, hes shown the ability to catch the ball with his hands away from his body. Hes a bit raw and will need some time to develop, but this is a guy that has some exciting ball skills and he just needs to be worked with a little.

thanks

whoever we get will likely rs; sounds like he needs some work

but, he wouldnt start til hes a rs jr if he comes

BamaFalcon59
03-11-2009, 06:04 PM
The best physical speciman in the class and has one of the best offer sheets not top 100. Haha.

Sniper
03-11-2009, 06:35 PM
The best physical speciman in the class and has one of the best offer sheets not top 100. Haha.

Dude, we get it. You want to blow Nick Acree. Awesome. Move on.

sbh15
03-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Dude, we get it. You want to blow Nick Acree. Awesome. Move on.

Nic Acree will be a future hall of fame, sack record breaker, and will lead Virginia Tech to back to back to back to back to back national championships. He'll be so good that the NCAA will grant him a fifth year of eligibility for no reason other than he plays for Virginia Tech and is a God among mere mortals.

It is clear you are not a believer in the messiah. That's OK, not everyone can be convinced.