PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Hollywood
03-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Dude, we get it. You want to blow Nick Acree. Awesome. Move on.

Have you never been in love, man? It's not that easy to just 'move on'.

BamaFalcon59
03-11-2009, 06:48 PM
UM fans ***** about Chandler and Nix, I make one post about Acree and I get that.

Sniper
03-11-2009, 06:49 PM
UM fans ***** about Chandler and Nix, I make one post about Acree and I get that.

Half of your posts in this thread about Acree.

kwilk103
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
apprently acree looks like tarzan, plays like jane

said he doesnt dominate like he should

BamaFalcon59
03-11-2009, 07:03 PM
The only Rivals guy who has seen Acree is Barry. And he was making childish comments with a subscriber.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
Nic Acree will be a future hall of fame, sack record breaker, and will lead Virginia Tech to back to back to back to back to back national championships. He'll be so good that the NCAA will grant him a fifth year of eligibility for no reason other than he plays for Virginia Tech and is a God among mere mortals.

It is clear you are not a believer in the messiah. That's OK, not everyone can be convinced.

Are you sure your talking about Nick Acree?

Sounds like you got him confused with Tim Tebow.

ToldLikeItIs
03-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Iowa sits well with Seantrel.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I really hope he comes to Miami but he said last week that Fla leads. He was at Spring practice and said even tho he liked what he saw he is a Gator lean until he goes their and compares the 2. I know I heard his parents want him to go to Fla cus their family was real close to Brian Patas. They moved from Miami because of the crime. My dream wud be to get Jeff Luc, Alec Ogletree and William Gholston as our LB's this year.

I read that article.

I think you misunderstood him.

He didn't say Florida led. He said he wasn't ready to name a leader until he visit Florida and had something to compare Miami to. Like I said earlier, Miami has been his only visit.

Don't buy into this his family moved because of crime BS. 1st, that is being blown overboard. They didn't move because of crime or because of Pata. They moved for various reasons including the cost of living in Miami and the quality of family life (school, raising your kids and other aspects) that is better at places outside of the city atmosphere.

People try to talk like Pata died and his family was so shook up that they left their home. That is not the case at all.

And all this isn't taking into account that Coral Gables isn't Miami. This isn't Liberty City where the kid grew up. It's one of the nicest areas in the entire county. This will be a battle for sure but the kid wants to be at Miami and getting his parents onto Campus and visiting with Randy will go a long way here.

No reason to think we can't pull this one off.

sbh15
03-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Are you sure your talking about Nick Acree?

Sounds like you got him confused with Tim Tebow.

No, no, no. See, Nick Acree is being hyped up as the messiah.

Tim Tebow IS the messiah.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 07:18 PM
And FWIW,

I'd like to back what Farrell was saying on the Rivals board.

Acree is getting his ranking based on pictures and training camp hype. There isn't a single film of his that I've seen that is even remotely impressive. If the kid looked like your regular HS dough boy, he'd be a 2* based on his tape.

BamaFalcon59
03-11-2009, 07:23 PM
But he doesn't. He looks impressive, tests impressive, and camped impressive. Players have been top 100 for those three things alone.

I don't mind much, he's still my top player in Virginia. Still going to dominate.

Hollywood
03-11-2009, 07:23 PM
And all this isn't taking into account that Coral Gables isn't Miami. This isn't Liberty City where the kid grew up. It's one of the nicest areas in the entire county.

Yes but you know C.U.M. will be in his (and his parents) ear 24/7 about how Coral Gables is Liberty City.

sbh15
03-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Yes but you know C.U.M. will be in his (and his parents) ear 24/7 about how Coral Gables is Liberty City.

And if it works? Miami can use the same slimy tactics, they aren't illegal. I understand that Urban used some really sleazy moves, but nobody should act like they can't do the same.

Hollywood
03-11-2009, 07:31 PM
And if it works? Miami can use the same slimy tactics, they aren't illegal. I understand that Urban used some really sleazy moves, but nobody should act like they can't do the same.

:rolleyes: Yes anybody can use the same sleazy tactics Meyer uses, you have a point. Anybody can else field a team full of thugs and criminals while spitting out the other side of your mouth about how character is the most important thing you look for in a recruit.

sbh15
03-11-2009, 07:34 PM
:rolleyes: Yes anybody can use the same sleazy tactics Meyer uses, you have a point. Anybody can else field a team full of thugs and criminals while spitting out the other side of your mouth about how character is the most important thing you look for in a recruit.

Hornsby, Rickerson, and Newton were kicked off immediately. Carl Johnson's charges were dropped. There are no criminals on this team. That's what I care about.

etk
03-11-2009, 07:34 PM
I really hope he comes to Miami but he said last week that Fla leads. He was at Spring practice and said even tho he liked what he saw he is a Gator lean until he goes their and compares the 2. I know I heard his parents want him to go to Fla cus their family was real close to Brian Patas. They moved from Miami because of the crime. My dream wud be to get Jeff Luc, Alec Ogletree and William Gholston as our LB's this year.

William Gholston wouldn't play LB for us, he'd be a TE.

Bama9507
03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
I read that article.

I think you misunderstood him.

He didn't say Florida led. He said he wasn't ready to name a leader until he visit Florida and had something to compare Miami to. Like I said earlier, Miami has been his only visit.

Don't buy into this his family moved because of crime BS. 1st, that is being blown overboard. They didn't move because of crime or because of Pata. They moved for various reasons including the cost of living in Miami and the quality of family life (school, raising your kids and other aspects) that is better at places outside of the city atmosphere.

People try to talk like Pata died and his family was so shook up that they left their home. That is not the case at all.

And all this isn't taking into account that Coral Gables isn't Miami. This isn't Liberty City where the kid grew up. It's one of the nicest areas in the entire county. This will be a battle for sure but the kid wants to be at Miami and getting his parents onto Campus and visiting with Randy will go a long way here.

No reason to think we can't pull this one off.

Wow ! You always seem to have the inside info. Do you ever get anything wrong ? I'm impressed ! How did you get so much info at such a young age ?

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
William Gholston wouldn't play LB for us, he'd be a TE.

Doesn't matter. He aint coming here.

I'd be happy with Ogletree, Luc and Gaitor.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 07:48 PM
But he doesn't. He looks impressive, tests impressive, and camped impressive. Players have been top 100 for those three things alone.

I don't mind much, he's still my top player in Virginia. Still going to dominate.

According to Farrell, he doesn't.

Says he did well at the camp only because there were zero elite DTs at that camp to compare him to. He also says the kid didn't win Camp MVP according to Rivals.

Kid can do no wrong. He's never done anything against any sort of decent competition and yet you still say hes "going to dominate".

Kids that look like him need to be dominating in HS. The fact that he doesn't speaks volumes.

Hines
03-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Joey, can you tell me about Brent Benedict? Penn State offered and I am wondering if we have a shot with him.

wicket
03-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Joey, can you tell me about Brent Benedict? Penn State offered and I am wondering if we have a shot with him.

he came on a ND radio show last week and it was basicly that he would go ND or stay instate.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 07:58 PM

Ditto what wicket said. Heard it's either FSU, UF or ND.

BamaFalcon59
03-11-2009, 08:05 PM
According to Farrell, he doesn't.

Says he did well at the camp only because there were zero elite DTs at that camp to compare him to. He also says the kid didn't win Camp MVP according to Rivals.

Kid can do no wrong. He's never done anything against any sort of decent competition and yet you still say hes "going to dominate".

Kids that look like him need to be dominating in HS. The fact that he doesn't speaks volumes.

Downtalk my guy, while the guy you said would be top 10 isn't top 100 either.

And you are wrong.

1. Test impressively. Bench, squat, 40, height, weight. Yes those are impressive.

2. Camp, umm yes. He was first team on the camp you are speaking about, and was camp MVP at another camp, noone ever said he was the UAAA MVP.

3. Wait and see. His talent and want with our coaching is near a guarenteed success. Players like Carlton Powell, Barry Booker, Cordarrow Thompson, and John Graves have been excellent for us and they don't/ didn't have half the talent of Acree. If Acree was lazy I may agree, but he's not. He will dominate.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Downtalk my guy, while the guy you said would be top 10 isn't top 100 either.

And you are wrong.

1. Test impressively. Bench, squat, 40, height, weight. Yes those are impressive.

2. Camp, umm yes. He was first team on the camp you are speaking about, and was camp MVP at another camp, noone ever said he was the UAAA MVP.

3. Wait and see. His talent and want with our coaching is near a guarenteed success. Players like Carlton Powell, Barry Booker, Cordarrow Thompson, and John Graves have been excellent for us and they don't/ didn't have half the talent of Acree. If Acree was lazy I may agree, but he's not. He will dominate.

Back to ignoring the topic and bashing Miami.

Ignore!

Maturity helps dude really. It's perfectly alright for us to have a discussion about your prospect that you brought up without you having to trash Miami because you don't like my opinion (that has been shared by many) on your guy.

Sniper
03-11-2009, 08:15 PM
3. Wait and see. His talent and want with our coaching is near a guarenteed success. Players like Carlton Powell, Barry Booker, Cordarrow Thompson, and John Graves have been excellent for us

Who? And while we're on the topic, who's the last VT DT to do anything?

Guaranteed success...Christ, you're annoying with your homerism.

BamaFalcon59
03-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Back to ignoring the topic and bashing Miami.

Ignore!

Maturity helps dude really. It's perfectly alright for us to have a discussion about your prospect that you brought up without you having to trash Miami because you don't like my opinion (that has been shared by many) on your guy.

I'm 100% positive you talked to me. You bashed my guy first. I apoligize that recruiting battles are your biggest victories now adays.

Sniper, you are ignorant. Booker was second team ACC, Powell honorable mention. Both made the NFL. They were also a part of four top five defenses, including two number one defenses.

Cordarrow Thompson and John Graves were huge for us last season, and we once again were a top defense. Both will make the NFL in all liklihood.

None of those players have near the talent of Acree.

Additionally, Virginia is known for it's athletes. Not many big time defensive tackles come from the state.

Charlie Wiles is one of the best in the nation. Defensive tackles are a big part of our scheme, and our defensive ends make the NFL every year.

Sniper
03-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Oh baby, second team and honorable mention? Well, ****, if that doesn't scream awesomeness to you, I don't know what does.

Sniper
03-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Never used the ignore feature before. I think I like it.

BamaFalcon59
03-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh baby, second team and honorable mention? Well, ****, if that doesn't scream awesomeness to you, I don't know what does.

I'm pretty sure that qualifies as doing something.

Four top five defenses, yeah. And we send DL to the NFL every year. Even if they aren't drafted sky high, we get them there. Graves, Taco Thompson, Jason Worilds, and possibly Nekos Brown, our entire starting DL this upcoming season, have great shots at the NFL. Orion Martin is going this season.

I hope you enjoy a losing season. Again.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Never used the ignore feature before. I think I like it.

Yea, the passive agressiveness from that guy is out of control. Say one thing about VT and he will instantly trash your program.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-11-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm still pissed off about Mike Hull and rivals reasoning for him not being in the rivals 100. They want to use the size excuse, which is ******** because I looked back to the '05 class and can easily count about 20 LBs that were all rivals 100 prospects, and all 20 were shorter and weighed less than Hull. I went by 6'1 215 pounds, and quite frankly that is conservative because he hasn't wrestled as a junior and has said that he is heavier than 215 now.

Just sounds like more BS excuses from Rivals because they have no clue what is going on in VA, PA, and a few other states. Rivals has frigging 3 kids from PA on the list...and while I was thrilled that Paul Jones made it, I honestly think he should be higher...like 70-75 range. No Sharrif Floyd at DT, no Dakota Royer at DE/LB, no CB Cullen Christian who tested off the charts at the Nike camp this past weekend (registered damn near a 40" vertical) and low 4.2 short shuttle.

I thought Hull was going to be 60-65 range, which is why I was so shocked that I couldn't find him on the list. 333 tackles in 3 years before even having played his SR. year. I believe Dan Connor came to PSU with 400 + tackles in H.S. (left with 400 + collegiately). Connor wasn't bigger than 215 pounds when he came in and apparently shrunk to 6'2 from the time he got to PSU. He wasn't even close to being the ATH that Hull is, nor does he have anywhere near the speed Hull has but he was a 5* prospect.

-First team All-conference as a true freshman. 104 tackles on D.

-First team All-conference as a sophomore, and the leading WPIAL (QUAD A) rusher with over 1,300 yards (over 7 YPC) and 14 TDs. Added 117 tackles on D.

-Second in WPIAL, and 6th in the state as a sophomore wrestler. Also won state championship in baseball (outfielder).

-First team All-State as a junior. Named top LB in the conference by coaches, 1st team associated press AAAA LB, rushed for over 800 yards despite injuries and missing games. Added 112 tackles on D.

Dokish on PA rankings for '10:

http://www.pghsports.com/PSR-News/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1233849984&archive=&template=

2. Mike Hull, Canon-McMillan HS (Canonsburg) LB- Not big yet at 6'1" and 215 pounds, but he will get big enough. On the slight chance that he doesn't, he has the skill set to also be a safety. Excellent straight line speed and very strong. Great natural instincts and just an excellent football player. Born to play linebacker at PENN STATE, and that's exactly what he's going to do.

JoeyJr09
03-11-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm still pissed off about Mike Hull and rivals reasoning for him not being in the rivals 100. Every year there are LBs that go to schools like LSU, VT, FSU, Miami (FL), UF, Auburn (among others), that aren't big and they are rivals 100 players. I'm talking about kids that aren't even 200 pounds, and some not even 6' tall.

They want to use the size excuse, which is ******** because I looked back to the '05 class and can easily count about 20 LBs that were all rivals 100 prospects, and all 20 were shorter and weighed less than Hull. I went by 6'1 215 pounds, and quite frankly that is conservative because he hasn't wrestled as a junior and has said that he is heavier than 215 now.

If this were a black kid (hate to play the race card, but I will do it just to prove bias) from Florida, Texas, California, and he were a 6' 210 pound LB with 4.4-4.5 speed from one of those states and you played Hull's film to highlight this prospect, he would probably be a 5* prospect, instantly more athletic, and a definite rivals 100 prospect. I hate saying it but I honestly believe it is true, and would be proven true in real life.

Just sounds like more BS excuses from Rivals because they have no clue what is going on in VA, PA, and a few other states. Rivals has frigging 3 kids from PA on the list...and while I was thrilled that Paul Jones made it, I honestly think he should be higher...like 70-75 range. No Sharrif Floyd at DT, no Dakota Royer at DE/LB, no CB Cullen Christian who tested off the charts at the Nike camp this past weekend (registered damn near a 40" vertical) and low 4.2 short shuttle. I thought Hull was going to be 60-65 range, which is why I was so shocked that I couldn't find him on the list. 333 tackles in 3 years before even having played his SR. year. I believe Dan Connor came to PSU with 400 + tackles in H.S. (left with 400 + collegiately) and he was a 5* prospect. He wasn't bigger than 215 pounds, and he wasn't even close to being the ATH that Hull is, nor does he have anywhere near the speed Hull has.

-First team All-conference as a true freshman. 104 tackles on D.

-First team All-conference as a sophomore, and the leading WPIAL (QUAD A) rusher with over 1,300 yards (over 7 YPC) and 14 TDs. Added 117 tackles on D.

-Second in WPIAL, and 6th in the state as a sophomore wrestler. Also won state championship in baseball as an outfielder.

-First team All-State as a junior. Named top LB in the conference by coaches, 1st team associated press AAAA LB, rushed for over 800 yards despite injuries and missing games. Added 112 tackles on D.

Dokish on PA rankings for '10:

http://www.pghsports.com/PSR-News/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1233849984&archive=&template=

2. Mike Hull, Canon-McMillan HS (Canonsburg) LB- Not big yet at 6'1" and 215 pounds, but he will get big enough. On the slight chance that he doesn't, he has the skill set to also be a safety. Excellent straight line speed and very strong. Great natural instincts and just an excellent football player. Born to play linebacker at PENN STATE, and that's exactly what he's going to do.

Dude they started Sean Spence as a 3* in 2008.

They gave us the same reasoning that you got for Hull.

So don't tell me they actually give us solid rankings. Our players are never ranked properly. They always have to play so well that Rivals has no choice but to move them up. Look at Ray Ray and Reid last year as perfect examples.

JRTPlaya21
03-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Joey, do you have a link for the Florida hs rankings?

Bama9507
03-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Future Bama commit Hurst is a 5 star !

Here comes title 3 bay bee !!

JoeyJr09
03-12-2009, 05:09 AM
Joey, do you have a link for the Florida hs rankings?

Your looking for the player rankings or team rankings?

JRTPlaya21
03-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Player rankings.

JoeyJr09
03-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Player rankings.

There really isnt a composite list out yet.

Remember Florida isnt like Virginia (Im guessing thats where ur from). We will likely have close to 300 kids go D1 this year. Takes alot of time and eval to put out a good top 100 of in state kids.

SoFlaFootball.com has a pretty solid top 100 but thats just kids from Miami, Broward and Palm Beach. Most the in state talent this year are from that area but there are still a few top guys from Jacksonville, Central Florida and Naples that are not included.

You can also check basically any Miami, UF or FSU based MB and ull get more or less the same general consensus on the top 15 or so guys. Im putting the final tweaks on my own personal top 50 as well if ur interested in that.

Short of all that, you have to wait until FLAvarsity.com puts out their top 100 in a couple months. They are always spot on with the rankings they put out. Hands down the best ones IMO.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-12-2009, 09:03 AM
DUDE, if this were an undersized kid (forget the black/white thing...that was stupid, but I do believe it has truth to it) from one of the states I mentioned, Farrell and others would be chanting SEC SPEED to themselves and talking about how coveted this slightly undersized, sideline-to-sideline ATH is. Then you actually watch the tape, and see Hull pursue the ball, give the effort he does, attack the LOS, and play the way he does play in and play out with awareness and instinct, there is simply no justification for him not to be in it.....when you watch him ACTUALLY play football.

Also keep in mind that he is an '10 recruit, that ended his recruitment in November of 2008! That generally isn't going to score you any points with recruiting sites.

Players that immediately come to mind having looked over the lists last night are; Tray Blackmon, Akeem Hebron, Arthur Brown (listed at 6'1 210), Nick Moody (PA kid that went to FSU), Brandon Beachum (5'11 215 - PSU), Tray Blackmon, Allen Bradford (listed as 5* 5'11 195 LB)...If Dorian Bell is 5* in '09, at his size, playing for Gateway, than Hull is on the verge of 5* (in my mind) for the '10 class, and a definite top 2-3 player in the state.

I'm done with my rant on this...I'm over it and probably on the verge of pissing the board off.

JRTPlaya21
03-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Good guess Joey and thanks. Good luck in the fall. Here's a VA top 30 just incase yall are going after any these guys.

http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2319&Year=2010

Hines
03-12-2009, 09:16 AM
Doesn't the 250 get announced today as well?

cdub11
03-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Doesn't the 250 get announced today as well?

that is correct

Hines
03-12-2009, 09:20 AM
that is correct

Do you know what time?

cdub11
03-12-2009, 09:28 AM
Do you know what time?

someone on rivals board said it will be posted this afternoon, Ill watch for it and post a link when I see it

JoeyJr09
03-12-2009, 09:38 AM
DUDE, if this were an undersized kid (forget the black/white thing...that was stupid, but I do believe it has truth to it) from one of the states I mentioned, Farrell and others would be chanting SEC SPEED to themselves and talking about how coveted this slightly undersized, sideline-to-sideline ATH is. Then you actually watch the tape, and see Hull pursue the ball, give the effort he does, attack the LOS, and play the way he does play in and play out with awareness and instinct, there is simply no justification for him not to be in it.....when you watch him ACTUALLY play football.

Also keep in mind that he is an '10 recruit, that ended his recruitment in November of 2008! That generally isn't going to score you any points with recruiting sites.

Players that immediately come to mind having looked over the lists last night are; Tray Blackmon, Akeem Hebron, Arthur Brown (listed at 6'1 210), Nick Moody (PA kid that went to FSU), Brandon Beachum (5'11 215 - PSU), Tray Blackmon, Allen Bradford (listed as 5* 5'11 195 LB)...If Dorian Bell is 5* in '09, at his size, playing for Gateway, than Hull is on the verge of 5* (in my mind) for the '10 class, and a definite top 2-3 player in the state.

I'm done with my rant on this...I'm over it and probably on the verge of pissing the board off.

Dude ur arguement holds no ground. Ur saying Hull is being held back because hes white, not from the SEC area and ended his recruitment early.

Well Sean Spence is black, from SEC area and ended his recruitment early. Hes even smaller then Hull is. He was ranked a 3* during the 1st ranking despite everyone in Florida saying it was a huge mistake to rank him that low.

Arthur Brown actually dropped in the rankings after committing to Miami and Kansas isnt exactly a hotbed for Rivals to get excited about.

Im just as pissed at the rankings as you are because to be frank, they flat suck right now. There are plenty of highly rated white LBs every year and theres plenty of highly rated kids from ur area every year.

Ur rant makes no sense because theres plenty of evidence to contradict exactly what you are saying.

JoeyJr09
03-12-2009, 09:42 AM
someone on rivals board said it will be posted this afternoon, Ill watch for it and post a link when I see it

They usually get released right at noon but the 100 yesterday was released at 11.

CC
03-12-2009, 11:08 AM
They should just change the name of this thread to:

The 2010 "Whine about how your players are underrated on Rivals" Thread.

VoteLynnSwan
03-12-2009, 11:19 AM
everyone just really just stop bitching about the rankings... as everyone has said... they're really bad. It doesn't matter because:
1. It's early
2. The rankings are fluid
3. The guys haven't even played their senior year yet

and most imporantly
4. Rankings mean nothing, what matters is how the guy plays on the field.

cdub11
03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Rivals 250

http://texas.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?SID=902&Year=2010&ra_key=2303

wicket
03-12-2009, 12:35 PM
No lombard in the top 250 is a joke, as is fiedorowicz at 213

Hines
03-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Hell ya, a lot of Penn State targets are in the top 250.

VoteLynnSwan
03-12-2009, 12:40 PM
No lombard in the top 250 is a joke, as is fiedorowicz at 213

yea Fiedorowicz is surprisingly low... 6-7 240 TE with reported 4.5 speed and really good production... he'll move up.

iowatreat54
03-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Wooo Derby and Dawson both top 250.

Marino13
03-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Devin Gardner has changed his mind and will not be announcing where he's going Monday...

he will announce on Saturday at the practice he attends (which is Michigan), and his HS coach came out last night and announced that Gardner will in fact be Blue.

Hines
03-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Hey key, is Matt James pretty much a Ohio State lock? Penn State just offered him and he said he will take a visit. Said his top three is Cinci, Ohio State, Notre Dame.

keylime_5
03-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Ohio State should get him, but if not he'll go to Cincinnati or Notre Dame. I think Cincinnati has a better shot than Notre Dame though.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Dude ur arguement holds no ground. Ur saying Hull is being held back because hes white, not from the SEC area and ended his recruitment early.

Well Sean Spence is black, from SEC area and ended his recruitment early. Hes even smaller then Hull is. He was ranked a 3* during the 1st ranking despite everyone in Florida saying it was a huge mistake to rank him that low.

Arthur Brown actually dropped in the rankings after committing to Miami and Kansas isnt exactly a hotbed for Rivals to get excited about.

Im just as pissed at the rankings as you are because to be frank, they flat suck right now. There are plenty of highly rated white LBs every year and theres plenty of highly rated kids from ur area every year.

Ur rant makes no sense because theres plenty of evidence to contradict exactly what you are saying.

I wish I could say agree to disagree, but I'm just not that guy...so eff it! Your argument to my rant makes no sense, NONE. I'm talking about INCLUSION in the rivals 100, listing examples based on why rivals said Hull isn't in the rivals 100, and you're talking about Sean Spence. LMAO! I provided adequate examples as to why Hull should be in the rivals 100, the fact is rivals couldn't site actual play on the football field, competition level, production, ceiling, ETC. ;) Arthur Brown may have dropped in the rankings, but the point is he was listed at 6'1 210 and was a rivals 100 prospect throughout.

The rankings flat out suck right now because rivals isn't being objective, and if you want to tell me that what state you hail from doesn't play a difference, or what guru's/analysts make a push for your ranking don't matter, than you're on the pipe. I hope scout can improve their ranking ten-fold this year, keep the homerism to a limit and try and give the kids rankings that they deserve, REGARDLESS.

My argument hinged on taking a kid, dropping him in CA, FL, TX, or a similar state that rivals frequently blows, and watching Hull's tapes...the kid would be a rivals 100 prospect. I said forget the white/black thing, it was a stupid point to make but I do believe it holds truth...that being said it probably did nothing but weaken my argument. The fact is that an undersized black kid at a particular position is athletic/sideline-to-sideline and superior speed-wise, while a slightly undersized white-kid from PA is just too small. BS!

I know you have no problem mixing it up with the arguments, but I swear I'm done with this one. I believe what I believe, and frankly don't think a few of the rivals guys know what the hell their doing. And no, there aren't plenty of highly ranked kids from my area every year, because rivals put 3 kids on the 100 list from a state that is consistently neck and neck with OH, and both are top 5-7 every year with regard to talent.

Sharrif Floyd, Cullen Christian, Mike Hull, Dakota Royer, and I can even make a case for Brandon Ifill, Kyle Baublitz...it is a crime that there isn't better PA representation. It isn't me being a homer either, because Floyd said RU was his leader a while back, Christian is Michigan or elsewhere, Ifill is Pitt/Michigan (I think) and Royer has accumulated nearly 25 offers already.

Hollywood
03-12-2009, 03:09 PM
One thing I will agree with the rankings about is this is an awful year to need a QB. I don't see any elite to great level guys, think Blake Bell is extremely overrated.

BigJohn98
03-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Larmarcus Joyner just got offered by USC. Apparently from reading what Michael L has said, he's named three leaders in the past month. Get your popcorn ready. His current top five is Ohio State, Bama, Florida, USC, and FSU in that order.

He also said he's visiting Ohio State's spring game.

sbh15
03-12-2009, 03:18 PM
ATH Matt Elam #5 - Committed
ATH Jaylen Watkins #27
OL Brent Benedict #40
S Jonathan Dowling #47 - Committed
CB Victor Hampton #58 - Committed
WR Chris Dunkley #61
TE Gerald Christian #73
ATH DeMarco Cobbs #80
WR Kadron Boone #96

That's straight up crazy - I would easily include all of these kids in Florida's class if I did a mock class today. That's 9 Rivals Top 100 kids (3 of whom are already committed, Boone and Watkins might as well be) who could easily be pulled in. The only one of those even in question if things ended today would be Cobbs. This is going to be one hell of a class for Urb.

Sniper
03-12-2009, 03:19 PM
One thing I will agree with the rankings about is this is an awful year to need a QB. I don't see any elite to great level guys, think Blake Bell is extremely overrated.

Devin Gardner for President!

Hollywood
03-12-2009, 03:24 PM
ATH Jaylen Watkins #27
OL Brent Benedict #40
WR Chris Dunkley #61
TE Gerald Christian #73
ATH DeMarco Cobbs #80
WR Kadron Boone #96

That's straight up crazy - I would easily include all of these kids in Florida's class if I did a mock class today. That's 9 Rivals Top 100 kids (3 of whom are already committed, Boone and Watkins might as well be) who could easily be pulled in. The only one of those even in question if things ended today would be Cobbs. This is going to be one hell of a class for Urb.

Why did you put Christian at TE? Rivals list him as a LB and I think teams are cooling off on him as a TE. I liked his video there, but Miami not contacting him and Rivals listing him as LB says to me that he may have been overhyped at that spot.

sbh15
03-12-2009, 03:30 PM
Why did you put Christian at TE? Rivals list him as a LB and I think teams are cooling off on him as a TE. I liked his video there, but Miami not contacting him and Rivals listing him as LB says to me that he may have been overhyped at that spot.

Eh, just heard him talked about as a TE more. I thought he was OLB at the beginning. Either way, he should be in Florida's class barring an unexpected setback. Apparently he's real close to committing.

JoeyJr09
03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
ATH Jaylen Watkins #27
OL Brent Benedict #40
WR Chris Dunkley #61
TE Gerald Christian #73
ATH DeMarco Cobbs #80
WR Kadron Boone #96

Yea but those rankings are complete BS. You and I both know that Louis Nix is more highly regarded IN jacksnvlle then Brent Bendict by everyone except Rivals.

Jaylan Watkins the number 4 player in the State? Yea ok.

ull see all that get fixed once the years starts. I think its funny that every player UF is leading for is in the top 100 while all of Miamis leans are in the 250. Even tho pretty much everyone that follows the state wll tell you that 80 percent of this years talent is in the Tri County area that has typically been Miami country.

BTW...We have 5 strong leans in the 100 and about 15-17 pretty sure bets in the 250. All that despite the horrid 100 list. Although outside of Chandler and Nix the 250 does look about right.

cdub11
03-12-2009, 03:39 PM
I love this Texas class, 15 of the 19 commits are ranked in the 250

48. OL Trey Hopkins
68. DT Taylor Bible
70. WR Chris Jones
75. OL Dominic Espinosa
86. DB Ahmad Dixon
100. LB Aaron Benson
106. DT Ashton Dorsey
133. QB Connor Wood
148. LB Tevin Jackson
159. WR John Harris
165. DB Carrington Byndom
172. DB Bryant Jackson
198. RB Traylon Shead
204. WR Ross Apo
236. DE Greg Daniels

could have 3 more by the spring game

3. WR Darius White
20. DE Reggie Wilson
186. DB Adrian White

JoeyJr09
03-12-2009, 03:44 PM

Yea not sure why we cooled on him so early.

Ut hes a TE all the way.

Hollywood
03-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Yea not sure why we cooled on him so early.

Ut hes a TE all the way.

I am thinking we do not think highly of him at the TE spot. No other reason for us to just drop him like that when he did have legit interest in UM. If I had to guess I'd say he has a major flaw in his game at TE that we as fans don't pick up in the highlight film.

djp
03-12-2009, 03:52 PM
UF/UM in 2013 is going to be ridiculous the way we're recruiting.

keylime_5
03-12-2009, 03:53 PM
I love this Texas class, 15 of the 19 commits are ranked in the 250

48. OL Trey Hopkins
68. DT Taylor Bible
70. WR Chris Jones
75. OL Dominic Espinosa
86. DB Ahmad Dixon
100. LB Aaron Benson
106. DT Ashton Dorsey
133. QB Connor Wood
148. LB Tevin Jackson
159. WR John Harris
165. DB Carrington Byndom
172. DB Bryant Jackson
198. RB Traylon Shead
204. WR Ross Apo
236. DE Greg Daniels

could have 3 more by the spring game

3. WR Darius White
20. DE Reggie Wilson
186. DB Adrian White

plus Jordan Hicks who's rated 16th and is a Texas lean.

cdub11
03-12-2009, 03:56 PM
plus Jordan Hicks who's rated 16th and is a Texas lean.

yeah the key on him is getting him down to Austin for the Spring game

BamaFalcon59
03-12-2009, 04:05 PM
UF/UM in 2013 is going to be ridiculous the way we're recruiting.

Clemson/ North Carolina should be huge soon as well.

Err, never mind.

JoeyJr09
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
yeah the key on him is getting him down to Austin for the Spring game

Im assuming getting Hicks means ul back off Evan Washington?

Im pretty high on him and Ill take a good TX OL whenever I can get em.

BamaFalcon59
03-12-2009, 04:31 PM
UM fans, are you offering CB Nickell Robey? He says he would like an offer from UM, LSU, and Georgia.

Already has offers from Tennessee, Florida, Virginia Tech., and more. Seems like we have a legit shot if he isn't inclined to stay in state.

cdub11
03-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Im assuming getting Hicks means ul back off Evan Washington?

Im pretty high on him and Ill take a good TX OL whenever I can get em.

We never offered him and I dont think he will get an offer... Numbers are very tight, waiting on Jake Matthews as well... he is going to be a great pickup for someone

Hollywood
03-12-2009, 04:38 PM
UM fans, are you offering CB Nickell Robey? He says he would like an offer from UM, LSU, and Georgia.

Already has offers from Tennessee, Florida, Virginia Tech., and more. Seems like we have a legit shot if he isn't inclined to stay in state.

I'm not sure, he is small and Shannon has a thing against small corners but man he is absolute baller who plays bigger with an amazing vertical leap, hits hard and shuts down D1 WRs.

I actually mentioned him a couple hours ago in the 09 Canes thread, it would be a huge mistake not to offer him if we don't get Joyner, Riggs + the next guy on our list. He will be a great player where ever he goes and he will also be an elite KR or PR IMO.

BamaFalcon59
03-12-2009, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure, he is small and Shannon has a thing against small corners but man he is absolute baller who plays bigger with an amazing vertical leap, hits hard and shuts down D1 WRs.

I actually mentioned him a couple hours ago in the 09 Canes thread, it would be a huge mistake not to offer him if we don't get Joyner, Riggs + the next guy on our list. He will be a great player where ever he goes and he will also be an elite KR or PR IMO.

Yeah, we're interested. Robey could join the likes of Brandon Flowers and Hosley as Florida CBs coming to Virginia Tech.. Robey visited us last season, and he really likes our defense.

Hopefully we can pull him in. I'm not too optimistic, though. Not with the Florida offer looming.

Hollywood
03-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Yeah, we're interested. Robey could join the likes of Brandon Flowers and Hosley as Florida CBs coming to Virginia Tech.. Robey visited us last season, and he really likes our defense.

Hopefully we can pull him in. I'm not too optimistic, though. Not with the Florida offer looming.

Florida is loaded down with DBs right now and are chasing some bigger fish. If they do offer though yes he probably goes to UF. Robey is on a different level than Hosley though, much better player IMO.

JoeyJr09
03-12-2009, 04:51 PM

I'm not as down on our chances with Joyner as most area. Certainly not saying we are getting him. But I don't buy this we aren't top 5 BS he's spewing. He has a very McGee quality to his recruitment that give me hope. Just a gut feel tho.

I'm pretty close to writing Riggs off the list with all the stuff Ive heard lately.

But don't sleep on Dior Mathis. He stopped pushing as hard on him when it became clear he was gonna take his time and not commit early but we are still very much his dream school. Only thing that could stop us is the home school with his teammates.

Also, don't write off us flipping Dorsey with all the DBs UF is bringing in and we still got guys like Marshall, McGee and Brooks (my class sleeper) on the list.

Hollywood
03-12-2009, 04:55 PM
In a couple months it would not surprise me if he commits* to Zook and the Illini.

*This will be after de-committing from Ohio State and 2 months later he will decommit from Illinois and declare for his dream school - FSU 2 months before signing with Miami.

I agree Joey. I am still sticking with this prediction I made.

I never count us out for a Dade County guy (and I know, I know he plays for STA) that we want until the end.

sbh15
03-12-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm fairly sure my Gator guy has told me Nickell is a Gator lean, as we've told him he'd be another Brandon James early on for us or something. Not sure if I remember correctly.

Hollywood
03-12-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm fairly sure my Gator guy has told me Nickell is a Gator lean, as we've told him he'd be another Brandon James early on for us or something. Not sure if I remember correctly.

Have you offered though or are you going to?

sbh15
03-12-2009, 05:03 PM

Rivals page says we have (http://florida.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=89821). Might just be a verbal offer, though.

BamaFalcon59
03-12-2009, 05:04 PM

Nickell says he has an offer.

Bama9507
03-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Florida might break Bama's back to back title streak this year

JoeyJr09
03-12-2009, 07:27 PM

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/JoeyJr09/ban_him.jpg

BRAVEHEART
03-12-2009, 07:42 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/JoeyJr09/ban_him.jpg

http://jj.am/gallery/d/43625-1/supportpost.jpg

Hollywood
03-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I always neg rep him and then wait for the PM I am about to get going 'ohhh nooo neg rep...noooo' lol

sbh15
03-12-2009, 08:11 PM

Just when I thought you can't get ANY dumber, you go and do something like this...

AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

But damn, here's a blow: apparently BJ Butler, a guy previously who seemed like a UF lock, now wants out of state.

This is big because we're desperate for DE's.

Bama9507
03-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Ban me for what ? I don't troll. Just because you kids neg rep people like it means something doesn't make someone less great. I should post my "inside" info and be loved !

etk
03-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Larmarcus Joyner just got offered by USC. Apparently from reading what Michael L has said, he's named three leaders in the past month. Get your popcorn ready. His current top five is Ohio State, Bama, Florida, USC, and FSU in that order.

He also said he's visiting Ohio State's spring game.

Sounds like the next PJ, only more honest and open publicly with his recruitment.

I knew Joyner was bad but I didn't realize he was this bad.

So basically his top 3 are:

$$$$ (oos school)
FSU
Miami

wicket
03-13-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm not as down on our chances with Joyner as most area. Certainly not saying we are getting him. But I don't buy this we aren't top 5 BS he's spewing. He has a very McGee quality to his recruitment that give me hope. Just a gut feel tho.

I'm pretty close to writing Riggs off the list with all the stuff Ive heard lately.

But don't sleep on Dior Mathis. He stopped pushing as hard on him when it became clear he was gonna take his time and not commit early but we are still very much his dream school. Only thing that could stop us is the home school with his teammates.

Also, don't write off us flipping Dorsey with all the DBs UF is bringing in and we still got guys like Marshall, McGee and Brooks (my class sleeper) on the list.

I know ND feels pretty good about him, is that what you are talking about?

CroomDawgs
03-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Ban me for what ? I don't troll. Just because you kids neg rep people like it means something doesn't make someone less great. I should post my "inside" info and be loved !

You're the definition of a troll.

Mullen has done well in mississippi so far, one guy im excited about is michael Carr, 6'1 190 ATH and runs a 4.4.

JoeyJr09
03-13-2009, 09:57 AM
I know ND feels pretty good about him, is that what you are talking about?

He named ND and FSU his top 2. He really wants no part of staying in Florida (FSU is only 20 from Georgia so the area is much closer to that then the rest of Florida is) but supposedly he's 100 deadset on leaving home.

I'd put it 60-40 ND over everyone else right now.

wicket
03-13-2009, 10:05 AM
He named ND and FSU his top 2. He really wants no part of staying in Florida (FSU is only 20 from Georgia so the area is much closer to that then the rest of Florida is) but supposedly he's 100 deadset on leaving home.

I'd put it 60-40 ND over everyone else right now.

nice to hear and thnx for the update

JoeyJr09
03-13-2009, 01:08 PM
FWIW, here's my Florida top 50. Like to see SHB and BigJohn's take on it from fans of the Gators and Noles.

#1 Matt Elam Dwyer ATH (Florida Gator Commit)
#2 Lamarcus Joyner STA DB
#3 Louis Nix JAX Raines DL (Miami Hurricane Commit)
#4 Brandon Linder STA OL
#5 Christian Green Tampa Catholic QB
#6 Jonathan Dowling Southeast S (Florida Gator Commit)
#7 Chris Dunkley Royal Palm Beach WR
#8 Todd Chandler MNW DT (Miami Hurricane Commit)
#9 Corey Lemonier Hialeah DE
#10 Ivan McCartney Miramar WR
#11 Jeff Luc PSL LB
#12 Eduardo Clements BTW RB
#13 Gerald Christian Dwyer LB
#14 De'Joshua Johnson Pahokee WR
#15 Kadron Boone Ocala Trinity Catholic WR
#16 Marvin Robinson Eagle Lake DB
#17 Jakhari Gore MIami Columbus RB
#18 Darious Cummings Titusville DE (Florida State Seminole Commit)
#19 Ricardo Miller Dr. Phillips WR (Michigan Wolverine Commit)
#20 Christian Jones Winter Park Lake Howell LB
#21 Tavadis Glenn JAX Terry Parker DT
#22 Jaylen Watkins Cape Coral ATH
#23 Torrian Wilson MNW OL
#24 Gideon Ajagbe Coconut Grove LB
#25 Quinton Dunbar BTW WR (Miami Hurricane Commit)
#26 Delvin Jones Miami Palmetto DE
#27 Roy Finch Niceville RB
#28 Demar Dorsey Boyd Anderson DB (Florida Gator Commit)
#29 Brandon Gainer Miami Central RB
#30 Lynden Trail BTW DE
#31 Ian Silberman Fleming Island OL (Florida Gator Commit)
#32 Giovanni Bernard STA RB
#33 Brent Benedict Jacksonville Bolles OL
#34 Terrence Mitchell Tampa Hillsborough DB
#35 Ted Meline MNW WR
#36 Michaelee Harris MNW WR
#37 Joshua Reese Miami Central WR
#38 Nickell Robey Frostproof DB
#39 Chaz Green Tampa Catholic OL
#40 Trey Burton Venice QB (Florida Gator Commit)
#41 Ethan Grant Coconut Creek RB (Oregon Duck Commit)
#42 Jeffrey Godfrey Miami Central QB
#43 Lo Wood Apopka CB
#44 Calvin Smith Hialeah DT
#45 Cody Riggs STA CB
#46 Kenny Shaw Dr Phillips WR
#47 Jose Jose BTW OL
#48 Zach Allen Pahokee TE/LB
#49 Spencer Boyd Cape Coral CB
#50 Brian Robinson STA S

Just Missed:
Shane McDermott Wellington OL (Miami Hurricane Commit)
Khalid Marshall MNW CB
Terrence Brooks Dunnellon CB
James Louis Atlantic WR
Hosey Williams Central RB

Notes:Ricardo Miller, Nickell Robey and Jeffery Godfrey I have lower then most usually will. For various reasons. Demar Dorsey, Brandon Gainer and Zach Allen I have slightly higher then most will like.

JRTPlaya21
03-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Nice list Joey.

Sniper
03-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Joey, a while back you had Ricardo listed ahead of Marvin Robinson. What changed?

keylime_5
03-13-2009, 01:43 PM
every single one of those kids would be in the top 15, perhaps top 10 in the state of Ohio to put things into perspective. Ohio is a hotbed and is always loaded - that's how much talent Florida has every year.

JoeyJr09
03-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Joey, a while back you had Ricardo listed ahead of Marvin Robinson. What changed?

Its nothing Miller did. Hes a good prospect, althought Ive never been particularly high on him like some others.

But the more and more I see Robinson, the more I like him. I think he is gonna be a heck of a LB at the next level. I actually feel like I have him a little too low, but I cant really find anyone ahead of him and I cant he deserves to be ahead of.

Sniper
03-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Would you rate your entire top 50 as 4-star talents?

JoeyJr09
03-13-2009, 02:35 PM

I would rate the 1st 45 as sure fire 4* guys. Top 40 guys should all probably be in the top 250 in the nation.

I have to see how the rest grow into their SR year and see how they do before saying if they deserve the 4th star or no.

Got my reservations about some of them.

But I'll tweak this every few months as camp reports and combine numbers and new film comes out.

There's guys (Willis Wright, Corvin Lamb) that could be really high on this list when it's all said and done but haven't shown me enough to even make it yet.

JRTPlaya21
03-13-2009, 02:51 PM

Hey Sniper, yalls spring roster is now out on mgoblue.

cdub11
03-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Adrian White officially committed to Texas

etk
03-13-2009, 04:33 PM
FWIW, here's my Florida top 50. Like to see SHB and BigJohn's take on it from fans of the Gators and Noles.

#1 Matt Elam Dwyer ATH (Florida Gator Commit)
#2 Lamarcus Joyner STA DB
#3 Louis Nix JAX Raines DL (Miami Hurricane Commit)
#4 Brandon Linder STA OL
#5 Christian Green Tampa Catholic QB
#6 Jonathan Dowling Southeast S (Florida Gator Commit)
#7 Chris Dunkley Royal Palm Beach WR
#8 Todd Chandler MNW DT (Miami Hurricane Commit)
#9 Corey Lemonier Hialeah DE
#10 Ivan McCartney Miramar WR
#11 Jeff Luc PSL LB
#12 Eduardo Clements BTW RB
#13 Gerald Christian Dwyer LB
#14 De'Joshua Johnson Pahokee WR
#15 Kadron Boone Ocala Trinity Catholic WR
#16 Marvin Robinson Eagle Lake DB
#17 Jakhari Gore MIami Columbus RB
#18 Darious Cummings Titusville DE (Florida State Seminole Commit)
#19 Ricardo Miller Dr. Phillips WR (Michigan Wolverine Commit)
#20 Christian Jones Winter Park Lake Howell LB
#21 Tavadis Glenn JAX Terry Parker DT
#22 Jaylen Watkins Cape Coral ATH
#23 Torrian Wilson MNW OL
#24 Gideon Ajagbe Coconut Grove LB
#25 Quinton Dunbar BTW WR (Miami Hurricane Commit)
#26 Delvin Jones Miami Palmetto DE
#27 Roy Finch Niceville RB
#28 Demar Dorsey Boyd Anderson DB (Florida Gator Commit)
#29 Brandon Gainer Miami Central RB
#30 Lynden Trail BTW DE
#31 Ian Silberman Fleming Island OL (Florida Gator Commit)
#32 Giovanni Bernard STA RB
#33 Brent Benedict Jacksonville Bolles OL
#34 Terrence Mitchell Tampa Hillsborough DB
#35 Ted Meline MNW WR
#36 Michaelee Harris MNW WR
#37 Joshua Reese Miami Central WR
#38 Nickell Robey Frostproof DB
#39 Chaz Green Tampa Catholic OL
#40 Trey Burton Venice QB (Florida Gator Commit)
#41 Ethan Grant Coconut Creek RB (Oregon Duck Commit)
#42 Jeffrey Godfrey Miami Central QB
#43 Lo Wood Apopka CB
#44 Calvin Smith Hialeah DT
#45 Cody Riggs STA CB
#46 Kenny Shaw Dr Phillips WR
#47 Jose Jose BTW OL
#48 Zach Allen Pahokee TE/LB
#49 Spencer Boyd Cape Coral CB
#50 Brian Robinson STA S

Just Missed:
Shane McDermott Wellington OL (Miami Hurricane Commit)
Khalid Marshall MNW CB
Terrence Brooks Dunnellon CB
James Louis Atlantic WR
Hosey Williams Central RB

Notes:Ricardo Miller, Nickell Robey and Jeffery Godfrey I have lower then most usually will. For various reasons. Demar Dorsey, Brandon Gainer and Zach Allen I have slightly higher then most will like.

Great list. No real "lolwut" moments in that list which is rare in HS rankings. I was expecting a little bit of Miami bias but I don't see any...the rankings are very fair.

If I had to say one thing, it would be about Gainer. You say you have him higher than most will like, but I think you have him too low. I'd put him ahead of Finch and Gore, but I'm not sure where he fits in with the other positions.

BRAVEHEART
03-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Adrian White officially committed to Texas

congrats horns, I guess this means no Cobbs?

cdub11
03-13-2009, 04:48 PM
congrats horns, I guess this means no Cobbs?

Adrian White has no effect on Cobbs, but I dont think we get him regardless.

he is USC bound IMO

BRAVEHEART
03-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Adrian White has no effect on Cobbs, but I dont think we get him regardless.

he is USC bound IMO

He might be, but I know USC has other WR's prospects that they have ahead of him. Robert Woods, Markeith Ambles, and possibly Delvin Jones (if he plays well as a WR this year which nobody has seen yet and against better competition), will be all higher on USC charts potentially. But I think we only get one of either Ambles or Woods, and Delvin will be stuck at TE which would make USC a lil more attractive I hope.

JoeyJr09
03-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Great list. No real "lolwut" moments in that list which is rare in HS rankings. I was expecting a little bit of Miami bias but I don't see any...the rankings are very fair.

If I had to say one thing, it would be about Gainer. You say you have him higher than most will like, but I think you have him too low. I'd put him ahead of Finch and Gore, but I'm not sure where he fits in with the other positions.

Gainer is a better HS back. But I think Gore and Finch have more potential in the college level then Gainer does. Gainer to me looks like one of those kids that peaks in HS.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Joey;

Do you know anything about '10 FL RB Jeremy Deering? Supposedly 6'2 208 with 4.4-4.5 speed...There is a little blurb in the St. Petersburg Times (I guess?) [ http://www.tampabay.com/sports/preps/article983558.ece ].

The Leto OC/RC refers to PSU WR coach/RC Mike McQueary's reaction with regard to this kids highlights. I was curious as to whether he is a player or not, because it would be interesting just to see if PSU may verbally offer at some point.

KTHX. :p

JoeyJr09
03-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Joey;

Do you know anything about '10 FL RB Jeremy Deering? Supposedly 6'2 208 with 4.4-4.5 speed...There is a little blurb in the St. Petersburg Times (I guess?) [ http://www.tampabay.com/sports/preps/article983558.ece ].

The Leto OC/RC refers to PSU WR coach/RC Mike McQueary's reaction with regard to this kids highlights. I was curious as to whether he is a player or not, because it would be interesting just to see if PSU may verbally offer at some point.

KTHX. :p

Never heard of him.

There's probably a good 10 RBs that will be ranked as 4* out of the state of Florida this year so this kid is likely getting lost in the shuffle.

I'll see if I can find anything but I've never heard anyone so much as mumble this kids name until today.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-13-2009, 06:01 PM
OK, thanks.

JoeyJr09
03-13-2009, 06:15 PM
lol @ Frankie Telfort and Antwan Lowery sitting in the stands for the Canes scrimmage yesterday.

They were dying for offers that never came.

BRAVEHEART
03-13-2009, 06:23 PM
lol @ Frankie Telfort and Antwan Lowery sitting in the stands for the Canes scrimmage yesterday.

C'mon, that was mean.

JRTPlaya21
03-13-2009, 06:53 PM
Ouch. Low blow Joey lol.

JoeyJr09
03-13-2009, 07:01 PM
How sad is it that I have seen more film on the Florida guys then Rivals has.

I dunno if anyone here read Farrel and Newberg comments about the 250 but they are rediculous.

Here's his responses.

On Louis Nix not being in the top 100: He said they only have old grainy Sophomore film and have yet to see him really play and his weight scares them.

On Brandon Linder not being in the top 100: They only have 1 game's worth of film on him and say he looked like a 5.7 3* in that game. They have yet to see him play C (where he played all last year).

On Todd Chandler: Farrel and Newberg were pushing to have him in the 100 as they are the only ones that have seen him play. The rest of the Rivals staff wouldn't allow it because of his listed height.

How out of control are these reasons? WTF is that? Please, give me a job at Rivals. I can cover the state of Florida better then they can. I'd glady drive around to camps and watch players and meet coaches. I already watch the film and make rankings as a hobby. The rest is a breeze.

It's a joke. No wonder the Florida rankings are all effed up.

BamaFalcon59
03-13-2009, 07:03 PM
VT got some comments akin to those as well.

Mark Shuman, someone who was thought to be easy 250 and maybe 100, isn't there because they have seen no film of him. None. And his dad is the coach at FUMA.

And Barry is the only one who has seen Acree.

etk
03-13-2009, 07:06 PM
How sad is it that I have seen more film on the Florida guys then Rivals has.

I dunno if anyone here read Farrel and Newberg comments about the 250 but they are rediculous.

Here's his responses.

On Louis Nix not being in the top 100: He said they only have old grainy Sophomore film and have yet to see him really play and his weight scares them.

On Brandon Linder not being in the top 100: They only have 1 game's worth of film on him and say he looked like a 5.7 3* in that game. They have yet to see him play C (where he played all last year).

On Todd Chandler: Farrel and Newberg were pushing to have him in the 100 as they are the only ones that have seen him play. The rest of the Rivals staff wouldn't allow it because of his listed height.

How out of control are these reasons? WTF is that? Please, give me a job at Rivals. I can cover the state of Florida better then they can. I'd glady drive around to camps and watch players and meet coaches. I already watch the film and make rankings as a hobby. The rest is a breeze.

It's a joke. No wonder the Florida rankings are all effed up.

Those excuses are pretty cool if you're running an amateurish small business that provides recruiting insight for $5 a year. Too bad it's coming from "the authority" on HS football and recruiting. That's a joke that they don't even watch film on the top HS football players. Is that not what they're paid to do? At least watch some highlight tapes if you don't have the time to watch full games....but what do they do all year if they don't watch tape of the biggest names in the best state for football talent?

And yeah....there are at least 5-10 people here on this site who can do a better job than the guys at rivals, or scout, or espn, or cstv. Oh god the ESPNU commentators during UA week were awful...

Sniper
03-13-2009, 11:25 PM

Telfort got a better offer anyways...

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
03-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Heres my ranking of GA players that I wrote my blog.

http://s5.tinypic.com/n4xd13.jpg (http://s5.tinypic.com/n4xd13.jpg)
Making a 3 spot jump Garrison Smith is the new #1 in the state of Georgia. Overtaking Ambles, Ogletree, and James. His new highlights that were just released are simply amazing. For a 6-4 255lbs. DE, he gets off the line unbelievably fast. There was one play where he was 10 yards behind a little 5-foot-10ish RB and caught up to him and made the tackle.

Ohio State and Georgia are considered to have the early lead. Garrison grew up a Buckeyes fan but I believe he will be donning the red & black when February 2010 comes around.

Updated Georgia top 15

1. Garrison Smith - DE
http://media.scout.com/media/image/64/643705.jpg

2. Alec Ogletree - S
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/62/626131m.jpg

3. Mack Brown - RB
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/63/636312m.jpg

4. Jawuan James - OT
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/63/636424m.jpg

5. Markeith Ambles - WR
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/54/547900m.jpg

6. Jeffrey Whitaker - DT
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/51/516632m.jpg

7. Jalen Fields - DE
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/64/641882m.jpg

8. Michael Taylor - LB
http://media.scout.com/media/image/64/643993.jpg

9. Antonio Goodwin - WR
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/62/626139m.jpg

10. Da' Rick Rogers - ATH
http://media.scout.com/media/image/63/636307.jpg

11. Tai-ler Jones - WR
12. Ryan Ayers - CB
13. T.J. "Allen" Stripling - DE
14. DeAndre Smelter - S
15. Denzel McCoy - DT

Bama9507
03-14-2009, 03:30 AM
You're the definition of a troll.

Mullen has done well in mississippi so far, one guy im excited about is michael Carr, 6'1 190 ATH and runs a 4.4.

Oh boo hoo

JoeyJr09
03-14-2009, 07:46 AM
Telfort got a better offer anyways...

Obviously not in his eyes.

P-L
03-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Michigan picked up a silent commit last night. He's expected to make it known soon though.

keylime_5
03-14-2009, 09:36 AM
Garrison Smith should be an interesting one b/c he just got his Ohio State offer and he has family ties to Ohio, grew up a Buckeye fan, Coach Haynes has done an awesome job of recruiting Georgia for us since he's been here, and the kid loves Tressel (calls him "legendary"). Not to mention we have a huge need for DT. However it's never easy to take a top recruit out of SEC country.

Goober Man
03-14-2009, 09:54 AM
Michigan picked up a silent commit last night. He's expected to make it known soon though.

My guess its MI RB Austin White...Or D.J Williamison...Diors Mathis or Cornulious Jones.

I'm thinkin its Mathis...

ironman4579
03-14-2009, 10:05 AM

Are we talking other than Devin Gardner here?

Marino13
03-14-2009, 10:40 AM
Don't think it's Gardner since his coach came out and said Michigan.

Sniper
03-14-2009, 11:00 AM
My guess its MI RB Austin White...Or D.J Williamison...Diors Mathis or Cornulious Jones.

I'm thinkin its Mathis...

It's not Williamson.

Goober Man
03-14-2009, 11:17 AM
It's not Williamson.

Do you know who it is? Or any hints?

I put Williamsons name out there cause I thought he would be at the junior day.

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
03-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Garrison Smith should be an interesting one b/c he just got his Ohio State offer and he has family ties to Ohio, grew up a Buckeye fan, Coach Haynes has done an awesome job of recruiting Georgia for us since he's been here, and the kid loves Tressel (calls him "legendary"). Not to mention we have a huge need for DT. However it's never easy to take a top recruit out of SEC country.

He was expected to be Georgia's first commit about 2 months back...Then after other coaches saw his film....He blew up, and seems to be taking it slow now.

Sniper
03-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Do you know who it is? Or any hints?

I put Williamsons name out there cause I thought he would be at the junior day.

No, I don't. However, on GBW they said it wasn't Williamson. I don't think Williamson's really trying to hide the fact that he's going to commit to UM.

Goober Man
03-14-2009, 12:51 PM
No, I don't. However, on GBW they said it wasn't Williamson. I don't think Williamson's really trying to hide the fact that he's going to commit to UM.

Hmm...What if it was Will Gholston? Not that it is...But it would be great if it was.

BPhilb
03-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Missouri picked up a couple of commits today:

Eric Waters, Mansfield Summit HS, Tx. 6'4" 215 lb. TE
James Franklin QB Texas

I know a little about Franklin as he is a duel threat spread QB. I don't know anything about Waters. Would any of you Texas guys have any info?

P-L
03-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Hmm...What if it was Will Gholston? Not that it is...But it would be great if it was.
Gholston wasn't there last night, he had a basketball game. He's not coming anyways. His coach is a big Michigan State guy. It looks like MSU or out of state for Gholston.

It wasn't Williamson or Austin White either. GBW confirmed it was neither of those two.

Goober Man
03-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Gholston wasn't there last night, he had a basketball game. He's not coming anyways. His coach is a big Michigan State guy. It looks like MSU or out of state for Gholston.

It wasn't Williamson or Austin White either. GBW confirmed it was neither of those two.

Whats your guess on whos the silent commit? I'm still sticking with my guess that it is Mathis.

Was Cornulious Jones able to make it to the Junior day? If he did I would guess that it was him

P-L
03-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Jones didn't make it either. The only out of state guys who were there last night were:

OH WR D.J. Williamson
OH OT Andrew Donnal
OH LB Antonio Kinard
OH LB Jewone Snow
IL DE Louis Trinca-Pasat

Sniper
03-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Whats your guess on whos the silent commit? I'm still sticking with my guess that it is Mathis.

Was Cornulious Jones able to make it to the Junior day? If he did I would guess that it was him

Apparently the commit is roughly 6'1"-6'2" and about 180-190. Does that sound like Mathis to you?

P-L
03-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Apparently the commit is roughly 6'1"-6'2" and about 180-190. Does that sound like Mathis to you?
That was a rough guess based on an observation from someone who was there. The only guy who fits that description closely is Mylan Hicks.

Sniper
03-14-2009, 02:25 PM
That was a rough guess based on an observation from someone who was there. The only guy who fits that description closely is Mylan Hicks.

Still...there's a vast difference between that and 5'8", 160.

Texas Homer
03-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Adrian White officially committed to TexasThis is great news!!

He kind of reminds me of former Longhorn CB Tarrell Brown.

Can't wait to have him at Texas and Desoto is always a good high school in Texas to have a pipeline to.

P-L
03-14-2009, 04:22 PM
WR D.J. Williamson commits to Michigan. He is commit #6. I guess this means Jerald Robinson is going to play defense.

Hollywood
03-14-2009, 04:27 PM
WR D.J. Williamson commits to Michigan. He is commit #6. I guess this means Jerald Robinson is going to play defense.

What's with Michigan and all the WR commits this year?? Is the need really that bad for wide outs, especially after signing 6 the last two years?

ESPforMe
03-14-2009, 04:56 PM
What's with Michigan and all the WR commits this year?? Is the need really that bad for wide outs, especially after signing 6 the last two years?
Well, some are slots and some are WRs. There is going to be a need. For the system you'll want about 10 on the depth chart for slot/WR.

I think that will probably be about the end for that position though.

keylime_5
03-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Well I don't miss the days when Michigan would come into Ohio and steal away all the the guys we wanted. Taking the leftovers like the rest of the Big Ten is much more like it.

El Peefs?????
03-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Geez our class is going to be 35% WR's. If you look at the Michigan offer board we have 3x more offers out to WR than any other position.

P-L
03-14-2009, 08:03 PM
The silent commit speaks! It's LB/DE Antonio Kinard from the same school as Isaiah Bell and Fitzgerald Toussaint.

ESPforMe
03-14-2009, 08:17 PM
The silent commit speaks! It's LB/DE Antonio Kinard from the same school as Isaiah Bell and Fitzgerald Toussaint.
Just saw that. Kinard looks like a great prospect so this is really awesome.

P-L
03-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Geez our class is going to be 35% WR's. If you look at the Michigan offer board we have 3x more offers out to WR than any other position.
We've actually offered more running backs (13) than receivers (10 outside + 2 slots = 12).

The reason for so many receiver commits is because in Rod's offense, not everyone can play every spot. In fact, there are two different receiver positions: outside receiver and slot receiver. Last year we took only one true outside receiver (Cameron Gordon) and one guy who projects as a slot but could play outside (Stokes). The year before that, Stonum and Roundtree were the only outside receivers we took. That's only three guys over the past two recruiting classes. This class we need at least three. So far we have four (Robinson and Williamson could both play defense if necessary).

sbh15
03-14-2009, 09:32 PM
"Well, Florida is a new favorite of mine," Redd said in a recent interview. "I'm almost positive they'll offer soon. I talked to the offensive coordinator, Steve Addazio, and I'm trying to plan a trip down there."

Is there a chance Redd would commit if the Gators extend a scholarship?

"Not right away, but they would definitely move towards the top of my list."

Sounds like we're making a very legitimate push. Still would expect him to go PSU.

wicket
03-15-2009, 10:44 AM
Joey: Louis Nix is gonna visit South Bend in april, prolly during the spring game, what is that about, we didnt even offer the guy. Surely if he wants to come and he can get in im all for it but it just seems weird?????

Hines
03-15-2009, 10:55 AM

Which position do you think he will most likely fit for you guys? I know Penn State was recruiting him sort of, but he looks to have a frame to play DE, but as of now, I would play him at LB.

sbh15
03-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Joey: Louis Nix is gonna visit South Bend in april, prolly during the spring game, what is that about, we didnt even offer the guy. Surely if he wants to come and he can get in im all for it but it just seems weird?????

He's not even considering Notre Dame... he's probably still a solid soft verbal to UM anyway.

wicket
03-15-2009, 11:09 AM
He's not even considering Notre Dame... he's probably still a solid soft verbal to UM anyway.

that was what i thought but then why come all the way up north out of your own pocket.

sbh15
03-15-2009, 11:21 AM
that was what i thought but then why come all the way up north out of your own pocket.

Not sure... maybe he just wants to make sure he isn't missing anything. I'm saying he's not serious right now, but if he likes the visit, then things could definitely change.

jbeans187
03-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Missouri picked up a couple of commits today:

Eric Waters, Mansfield Summit HS, Tx. 6'4" 215 lb. TE
James Franklin QB Texas

I know a little about Franklin as he is a duel threat spread QB. I don't know anything about Waters. Would any of you Texas guys have any info?

I read Waters was on an awful team last year and that's why his stats aren't very good but based on his build he fits Mizzou's spread as a TE. Im excited for Franklin, hopefully he will bring Daryl Williams with him.

wicket
03-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Not sure... maybe he just wants to make sure he isn't missing anything. I'm saying he's not serious right now, but if he likes the visit, then things could definitely change.

fair enough then we think alike. When i first read that he was coming to SB i was like WHAT??? Have to like a guy who makes sure early though instead of going into the last months with doubts.

JRTPlaya21
03-15-2009, 01:46 PM
is yalls spring roster out yet wicket?

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Nice to know that according to his latest rivals interview Miami will be able to sign CB Tony Grimes if they offer it looks like. His only offers right now are from Oregon and FAU, but everyone has been raving about his cover skills at all the camps he attended. We need corners bad and he is another one of those guys that is an excellent 'plan B' guy. Doesn't hurt that he is from Hollywood (even though Hills is the lamest HS in the city) either. ;)

Really not as worried about our corner back recruiting as some Miami guys seeing as we have so many quality backup plans like him this year.

draftguru151
03-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Nice to know that according to his latest rivals interview Miami will be able to sign CB Tony Grimes if they offer it looks like. His only offers right now are from Oregon and FAU, but everyone has been raving about his cover skills at all the camps he attended. We need corners bad and he is another one of those guys that is an excellent 'plan B' guy. Doesn't hurt that he is from Hollywood (even though Hills is the lamest HS in the city) either. ;)

Really not as worried about our corner back recruiting as some Miami guys seeing as we have so many quality backup plans like him this year.

Hey watch it.

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Hey watch it.

haha did you go to Hills? Sorry, I went to McArthur so I gotta hate on Hills. ;)

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 03:48 PM

I don't want backup plans.

I want the top guys.

BTW...not 100 percent sure Grimes is a backup tho. I think they like him but are just waiting to get a better look before they commit to offering him. McGee from MNW is a backup plan. Grimes could get a an offer depending on how we like his new film.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 03:50 PM
fair enough then we think alike. When i first read that he was coming to SB i was like WHAT??? Have to like a guy who makes sure early though instead of going into the last months with doubts.

Sorry I'm late to the party. But yea I think he's just going thru the tour and traveling and checking stuff out. The only school that will ever make me raise an eyebrow for him is UF. Barring that, he's probably sticking with Miami.

etk
03-15-2009, 03:51 PM

I want the top guys.

BTW...not 100 percent sure Grimes is a backup tho. I think they like him but are just waiting to get a better look before they commit to offering him. McGee from MNW is a backup plan. Grimes could get a an offer depending on how we like his new film.

I'm with you on the "top guys" argument, but I will play devil's advocate and remind you that a lot of backup plan DBs from Florida have turned out well in college and the pros.

Lately we've struggled to develop any kind of CB, so I definitely want the best talent we can get (moreso than any position).

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 03:58 PM

I want the top guys.

My definition of backup plan at this point is 'not having an offer'. If Grimes was considered a top tier guy at this point, he would have his offer. The top guys right now are Tai-Ler Jones, Joyner, Mathis and Riggs - all of whom look to be somewhat difficult pulls. The next level is the Grimes and Nickell Robey types; guys without offers but will probably get one.

This year is just so incredibly stacked that we can afford to miss out on the top tier guys and still get a high level prospect at a need position. It's why I am not as worried about the corner recruiting as you and a lot of other Cane fans this year. Give me a class of one of those top tier guys, plus one (or both) of Grimes and Robey and maybe a Khalil Marshall or some other nice looking prospect...and I am very happy with that corner class.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 04:02 PM
My definition of backup plan at this point is 'not having an offer'. If Grimes was considered a top tier guy at this point, he would have his offer. The top guys right now are Tai-Ler Jones, Joyner, Mathis and Riggs - all of whom look to be somewhat difficult pulls. The next level is the Grimes and Nickell Robey types; guys without offers but will probably get one.

This year is just so incredibly stacked that we can afford to miss out on the top tier guys and still get a high level prospect at a need position. It's why I am not as worried about the corner recruiting as you and a lot of other Cane fans this year. Give me a class of one of those top tier guys, plus one (or both) of Grimes and Robey and maybe a Khalil Marshall or some other nice looking prospect...and I am very happy with that corner class.

Way, way too early to say that kids that don't have offers are backup plans. If our staff considers Grimes to be at the same level as Mathis your gonna say he was a backup plan just because our staff took a little longer to check out his film?

Not having an offer is a good barometer of backup plans when we are late in the process. But at this point offers are still going out every week to tons of kids.

BRAVEHEART
03-15-2009, 04:03 PM
So right now tOSU is the legit leader and most likely to land Joyner, yes?

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Way, way too early to say that kids that don't have offers are backup plans. If our staff considers Grimes to be at the same level as Mathis your gonna say he was a backup plan just because our staff took a little longer to check out his film?

Not having an offer is a good barometer of backup plans when we are late in the process. But at this point offers are still going out every week to tons of kids.

In a normal definition of the word 'backup plan' I would agree, but at this point in time he is not on the upper level tier of our coaching staff. Maybe backup plan was a poor choice of words by me, I should have said he is a tier 2 guy for our staff at this time. And I don't think it is too early to base this on offers as they have now seen plenty of film on the majority of the names and seen them in plenty of camps now too.

How you play your senior year rarely has a large effect on what kind of offers you will get.

sbh15
03-15-2009, 04:16 PM
So right now tOSU is the legit leader and most likely to land Joyner, yes?

If it ended today, he would pick OSU. Yes.

In Gator news: OL/DT Leon Orr has committed. Saw that one from a hundred miles away.

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Has he even visited the state of Ohio? No way in hell he ends up in Columbus; that boy is not an Ohio Kid.

BRAVEHEART
03-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Has he even visited the state of Ohio? No way in hell he ends up in Columbus; that boy is not an Ohio Kid.

But he does want to go to the NFL, and he said tOSU produces the the best (or most, I forgot) DB's. We'll see what happens, but I would'nt be surprised if he signs with tOSU, he might be a headcase (recruiting wise) but I haven't seen anything, so I'm guessing it's speculation.

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 04:37 PM
But he does want to go to the NFL, and he said tOSU produces the the best (or most, I forgot) DB's. We'll see what happens, but I would'nt be surprised if he signs with tOSU, he might be a headcase (recruiting wise) but I haven't seen anything, so I'm guessing it's speculation.

bah, Miami fans can only hope he bases his decision on who puts the most DBs in the NFL. It would not surprise me if he commits to Ohio State, but it would surprise me if he signs with them. I expect him to sign with either Miami or FSU.

BRAVEHEART
03-15-2009, 04:43 PM
bah, Miami fans can only hope he bases his decision on who puts the most DBs in the NFL. It would not surprise me if he commits to Ohio State, but it would surprise me if he signs with them. I expect him to sign with either Miami or FSU.

What happens if he signs with USC, will you pull your hair out?

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 04:47 PM
What happens if he signs with USC, will you pull your hair out?

Nah, I like USC and I could actually see something like that happening. He is a born and bred city boy from Miami, he is not going to a place like Columbus, Ohio or Gainesville, Fl.

Just let him visit and get some culture shock and he will eliminate them quick.

BRAVEHEART
03-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Nah, I like USC and I could actually see something like that happening. He is a born and bred city boy from Miami, he is not going to a place like Columbus, Ohio or Gainesville, Fl.

I don't think he's coming here (he'll probably keep us in his top 5 for awhile though), but I chuckled when I read this. He's now my favorite recruit in this class.

(on his SC offer)

"This one, they came like Deebo and they just came and knocked it out," he said. "That's USC. How can you not consider them? I thought I had a top five all figured out and they came and knocked Tennessee to the curb.

"It's the program. They send players to the league every year and guys are happy there and I just want to go to a program and build myself around successful people and a program where people are happy."

q36uaSlf0ck

I guess the other guys would be tOSU,miami, and FSU.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Guys in the last month alone. Joyner has named FSU, UF and OSU his leader at different point in time.

His top 5 at some point or another in the last month as included: UF, FSU, ND, UCF, OSU, USC, UT, amd Bama.

Does this sound like a kid that is serious about what he is saying?

Which school looks like a glaring omission given where he is from?

Kid is just stiring the pot.

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
I don't think he's coming here (he'll probably keep us in his top 5 for awhile though), but I chuckled when I read this. He's now my favorite recruit in this class.

(on his SC offer)

q36uaSlf0ck

I guess the other guys would be tOSU,miami, and FSU.

haha yes that is awesome. He has been my favorite for awhile now thanks to stuff like that. He is the next Willie Williams as far as quotables and fun from a recruit; lets just hope his college career turns it better. He looks just as good as Willie did in HS too, and Willie was one of the best ever prep defenders to come thru Dade.

bearsfan_51
03-15-2009, 05:58 PM

Haha...Columbus is a big city dude.

keylime_5
03-15-2009, 06:04 PM

he'll be up for the spring game and that is usually really heavy on recruits. We got like 16 or 17 kids who went to our spring game last year (out of a little over 20 I think). If it's not Ohio State it'll probably be Florida or Alabama, but I really like where we are with him. I don't like that it might last 10-11 more months though before he decides.

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Haha...Columbus is a big city dude.

it is, but it's also very cold!

bearsfan_51
03-15-2009, 06:13 PM
it is, but it's also very cold!

Not really, but it's all a matter of perspective. Florida is way too humid for me. I could never live there.

etk
03-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Not really, but it's all a matter of perspective. Florida is way too humid for me. I could never live there.

The perspective we're talking about is someone who was born and raised in humid Florida.

Coming from Toronto, I don't find it too humid in Florida. The only places I've been to in the US where the heat is a turn-off is Arizona and Nevada.

keylime_5
03-15-2009, 06:23 PM
In a perfect world I could live in Ohio in the summertime and South Carolina the other 3 seasons :).

bearsfan_51
03-15-2009, 06:46 PM
The perspective we're talking about is someone who was born and raised in humid Florida.
Which doesn't mean he likes it at all. Unless he's on record as saying so it's complete conjecture. Tons of kids leave Florida and California every year. If weather was all that mattered Hawaii would have the best program in the nation.

etk
03-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Which doesn't mean he likes it at all. Unless he's on record as saying so it's complete conjecture. Tons of kids leave Florida and California every year. If weather was all that mattered Hawaii would have the best program in the nation.

Okay Mr. Realist, what are the odds that he doesn't like the weather?

Tons of kids leave Florida every year, while trillions of tons of kids stay in Florida every year. What gives?

kwilk103
03-15-2009, 07:11 PM
i think weather plays into it

one year when nehlen was the coach (might have been one of rod's 1st years, cant remember), we were recruiting a kid from florida; kid flys into pittsburgh (like they all do, it's an hour away) and sees its snowing outside

he called the coach, said its snowing, and hes not coming and got on the next flight home

lol

bearsfan_51
03-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Okay Mr. Realist, what are the odds that he doesn't like the weather?

Tons of kids leave Florida every year, while trillions of tons of kids stay in Florida every year. What gives?

It's hard to even have a realistic argument when you make up numbers.

etk
03-15-2009, 07:18 PM
It's hard to even have a realistic argument when you make up numbers.

For every Florida player that leaves the state by choice, a lot choose to stay.

You don't need numbers to understand that point.

bearsfan_51
03-15-2009, 07:21 PM
For every Florida player that leaves the state by choice, a lot choose to stay.

You don't need numbers to understand that point.

You could say that about almost any state that has a major university, or in this case three.

All I've said is that there is absolutely no way of knowing if weather is going to prevent him from going to Ohio State. All we do know is that he's said he's very interested in OSU for reasons that make a hell of a lot more sense than climate, fruit, or Disney Land. OSU has actual documented quotes. You and Hollywood have your asses.

Honestly, this has nothing to do with you, and much more to do with the constant barrage of lazy and stupid "arguments" that people try to bring forth. Unless you have statistical proof that a high number of Miami recruits don't leave Miami due to weather (and not other more obvious reasons like, say, a major football factory in their backyard) it's just making **** up. And not even creatively.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 07:25 PM
etk,

I could have warned you on what would happen if you try to talk with Bearfan about the weather or big city aspect of recruiting.

He's not from our neck of the woods. He doesn't understand how it's viewed.

VoteLynnSwan
03-15-2009, 07:29 PM
etk,

I could have warned you on what would happen if you try to talk with Bearfan about the weather or big city aspect of recruiting.

if i'm not mistaken... etk is (at least originally) from Canada... so i don't think he'd know how it's viewed either.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 07:32 PM
if i'm not mistaken... etk is (at least originally) from Canada... so i don't think he'd know how it's viewed either.

I think your refering to DJP who lives in Minnesota.

I know etk lived in Toronto he said but I'm pretty sure he's been in Florida for some time.

VoteLynnSwan
03-15-2009, 07:34 PM

I know etk lived in Toronto he said but I'm pretty sure he's been in Florida for some time.

no i was not referring to DJP at all... i was referring to etk because... like you said... he lived in Toronto.

bearsfan_51
03-15-2009, 07:36 PM
etk,

I understand exactly how it's viewed. You're all homers that make **** up.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 07:38 PM
no i was not referring to DJP at all... i was referring to etk because... like you said... he lived in Toronto.

Guess well just have him answer.

Not that it has any bearing on the conversation we were having.

bearsfan_51
03-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Not that it has any bearing on the conversation we were having.
Which is, of course, why you brought it up.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 07:40 PM
I understand exactly how it's viewed. You're all homers that make **** up.

Way to add to the discussion.

Real insightful stuff there.

BRAVEHEART
03-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Mortal Kombat!!!!

sbh15
03-15-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm bored so here's a Florida mock class...

Committed in bold, leans in italics, high targets below that (I don't count the high targets as part of the class, the mock class consists of the bolds and italics, but that won't be the entire thing, just what I have now)

QB Trey Burton, Venice (FL) Venice, 4*
RB Mack Brown, Lithonia (GA) Martin Luther King, 4*
RB Roy Finch, Niceville (FL) Niceville, 4*
WR Chris Dunkley, Royal Palm Beach (FL) Royal Palm Beach, 4*
WR Kadron Boone, Ocala (FL) Trinity Catholic, 4*
WR [JUCO] Kenbrell Thompkins, Torrance (CA) El Camino C.C.
TE Michael McFarland, Tampa (FL) Blake, 3* [5.7] (7)
TE Gerald Christian, West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer, 4* [6.0] (8)
OL Ian Silberman, Fleming Island (FL) Fleming Island, 4*
OL Brent Benedict, Jacksonville (FL) Bolles, 4*
OL Chaz Green, Tampa (FL) Tampa Catholic, 4*
DT Leon Orr, New Port Richey (FL) Gulf, 3*
DE B.J. Butler, Kissimmee (FL) Osceola, 3*
LB Gideon Ajagbe, Coconut Grove (FL) Ransom Everglades, 4*
CB Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson, 4*
CB Victor Hampton, Charlotte (NC) Independence, 4*
CB Jaylen Watkins, Cape Coral (FL) Cape Coral, 4*
S Matt Elam, Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer, 5* [6.1] (23)
S Jonathan Dowling, Bradenton (FL) Southeast, 4*
S Jordan Haden, Fort Washington (MD) Friendly, 4*
ATH Nickell Robey, Frostproof (FL) Frostproof 4*

High Targets/Potential Gators
RB Silas Redd, Stamford (CT) King & Low Heywood Thomas, 4*
WR Demarco Cobbs, Tulsa (OK) Tulsa Central, 4*
DT Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines, 4*
DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa, Portland (OR) David Douglas, 4*
LB Jeff Luc, Port St. Lucie (FL) Treasure Coast, 5*
LB Christian Jones, Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell, 4*

BRAVEHEART
03-15-2009, 07:43 PM

Committed in bold, leans in italics, high targets below that (I don't count the high targets as part of the class, the mock class consists of the bolds and italics, but that won't be the entire thing, just what I have now)

You guys give up On Ronald Powell, I like the sound of that. He should now be a 100% Trojan lock.

sbh15
03-15-2009, 07:43 PM
You guys give up On Ronald Powell, I like the sound of that. He should now be a 100% Trojan lock.

We haven't given up, but PC has the WC on lock.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 07:44 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/JoeyJr09/07.png

Figured I'd save you the extra work.

BRAVEHEART
03-15-2009, 07:45 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/JoeyJr09/07.png

Figured I'd save you the extra work.

Naw, I only do that when somebody gets served. If it ends on a low note then it's just "Flawless victory". :p

bearsfan_51
03-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Way to add to the discussion.

Real insightful stuff there.
There's nothing to add. Hollywood completely made something up. Nobody can defend it. Miami fans act like it's a secret code or way of life. It's not. You're just constantly on the defensive about possibly losing someone from your backyard and so you make up stupid things like weather and population figures without knowing anything about the personality of the kid at all.

There ya go, end o' debate.

BRAVEHEART
03-15-2009, 07:48 PM
We haven't given up, but PC has the WC on lock.

He does, but Our DE depth might turn him off, and I believe right now that UF is hs favorite OOS school and probably numero 2 on his list in general. Supposdly Jeffcoat will not be going to USC or took them out of the running, so that only helps USC with Powell.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 07:48 PM

Good God.

7 DBs? I thought your problem was DL?

Seems like a solid class. A little underwhelming. I'm expecting a 2009 LSU type year from you guys after winning the NC and that prediction is not it.

Taking a small class again this year?

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 07:56 PM
There's nothing to add. Hollywood completely made something up. Nobody can defend it. Miami fans act like it's a secret code or way of life. It's not. You're just constantly on the defensive about possibly losing someone from your backyard and so you make up stupid things like weather and population figures without knowing anything about the personality of the kid at all.

There ya go, end o' debate.

And your house way up in Minnesota or w/e gives you authority to speak on it?

We might not know the kid personally but we do know the general feel about how people from Florida look at moving up north.

Why do you think people from up north move to Florida to retire?

People are always complaining about fans from the Mets or Knicks or Steeler or any northern team being all in the Florida stadium for games. Well that's because they all move down here.

I guarantee you there's more northerns living in Florida then there are Floridians living up north.

But then again, you can't see that from Minnesota because your not down here to meet all these people to migrate down here on a yearly basis, mainly due to weather.

bearsfan_51
03-15-2009, 08:06 PM
And your house way up in Minnesota or w/e gives you authority to speak on it?
I haven't made outlandish claims. Pointless comment.

We might not know the kid personally but we do know the general feel about how people from Florida look at moving up north.
What % of people from Florida would you say you've had this conversation with. If it's less than .0000000000001% you're lying.

Why do you think people from up north move to Florida to retire?
If by people, you mean old New York Jews, I would guess it's because they are tired of dealing with snow, traffic, and other things that come from living on the East Coast. However, I'm doubting this prospect is an old New York Jew. Or that he's retiring. So again, pointless comment.

People are always complaining about fans from the Mets or Knicks or Steeler or any northern team being all in the Florida stadium for games. Well that's because they all move down here. And because nobody gives a **** about professional sports in the south.

I guarantee you there's more northerns living in Florida then there are Floridians living up north.
Again, completely pointless point. Are these people scholarship athletes? That's like saying there are more birds that fly south than vice versa. Unless he's a bird, it doesn't ******* matter. Not to mention that the population of "northerners" (whatever that means) available to move to Florida is about 10 times larger than the population of Florida.

But then again, you can't see that from Minnesota because your not down here to meet all these people to migrate down here on a yearly basis, mainly due to weather.
Old people migrate due to weather. Most people move for jobs and opportunity. Regardless, most major sources of population in the United States are actually in cold to moderate climates. So even that doesn't really hold water.

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 08:07 PM

Stacked on the offensive side, but underwhelming defensive class IMO.

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 08:14 PM
I haven't made outlandish claims. Pointless comment.

What % of people from Florida would you say you've had this conversation with. If it's less than .0000000000001% you're lying.

If by people, you mean old New York Jews, I would guess it's because they are tired of dealing with snow, traffic, and other things that come from living on the East Coast. However, I'm doubting this prospect is an old New York Jew. Or that he's retiring. So again, pointless comment.

And because nobody gives a **** about professional sports in the south.

Again, completely pointless point. Are these people scholarship athletes? That's like saying there are more birds that fly south than vice versa. Unless he's a bird, it doesn't ******* matter. Not to mention that the population of "northerners" (whatever that means) available to move to Florida is about 10 times larger than the population of Florida.

Old people migrate due to weather. Most people move for jobs and opportunity. Regardless, most major sources of population in the United States are actually in cold to moderate climates. So even that doesn't really hold water.

man bearsfan51, you are so way off here, its ridiculous. I don't even know where to start??? First of all, South Florida is not all New York jews, it's transplants of people from everywhere up north. Even SW Florida is filled with people from Ohio, Chicago and the entire Midwest. Boston, NYC, everyone is a transplant from up north down here. When I tell people I am born and raised in Hollywood/South Florida, they are always so surprised because it's so unheard of. My entire block growing up was Italian New Yorkers.

Anyways, the point joey and I were trying to make is 90% of kids who are born and raised where Joyner was born and raised do not want to go to a small rural college town like Gainesville, or a frigid, complete and utterly shockingly cold place 2000 miles away where they have little to no connections like Columbus. I know you couldn't pay me enough money to move to freezing cold place for four years of my life. It's no knock on a town like Columbus, it's just the weather we were used to and I don't need to know Lamarcus personally to know this, it's just the way it is.

bearsfan_51
03-15-2009, 08:21 PM
man bearsfan51, you are so way off here, its ridiculous. I don't even know where to start??? First of all, South Florida is not all New York jews, it's transplants of people from everywhere up north. Even SW Florida is filled with people from Ohio, Chicago and the entire Midwest. Boston, NYC, everyone is a transplant from up north down here. When I tell people I am born and raised in Hollywood/South Florida, they are always so surprised because it's so unheard of. My entire block growing up was Italian New Yorkers.

Anyways, the point joey and I were trying to make is 90% of kids who are born and raised where Joyner was born and raised do not want to go to a small rural college town like Gainesville, or a frigid, complete and utterly shockingly cold place 2000 miles away where they have little to no connections like Columbus. I know you couldn't pay me enough money to move to freezing cold place for four years of my life. It's no knock on a town like Columbus, it's just the weather we were used to and I don't need to know Lamarcus personally to know this, it's just the way it is.
Columbus is about 1,000 miles away. The average yearly temperature is 62-42. Mildly cold at best.

Also, let's get back to the very specific topic, which is recruiting. If you want to look at migratory patterns, the only one that matters is recruits. Mentioning your neighbors is at the least irrelevant, and I would argue both stupid and misleading. The only way this could actually be "decided" (although as I said from the start, is based on nothing but you guys making **** up) is to look at the number of recruits that Miami and Ohio State have both recruited over the years, and see how many leave Ohio for Miami, and how many leave Florida for Ohio State. Given what you've said, it should be an absolute slam dunk that more kids would leave Ohio for Florida than the other way around. I highly doubt that's the case however.

keylime_5
03-15-2009, 08:22 PM
I think you guys are blowing the weather thing out of proportion. Some kids just like to go OOS and there's been a lot of Florida and Miami kids to go north. JB Shugarts is a tackle from Texas and he says he hates the cold and that but digs Columbus and the college town/tradition/football factory he's playing for. Cold weather is just one of the negative things kids get over when it comes to playing college football for four years.
I know on those OSU message boards every time someone brings up the cold weather there's always a response about it's cold in the late NFL season, you'll get prepared.

And btw, I must've wasteed God knows how many hours on mortal kombat II back in the day.

sbh15
03-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Good God.

7 DBs? I thought your problem was DL?

Seems like a solid class. A little underwhelming. I'm expecting a 2009 LSU type year from you guys after winning the NC and that prediction is not it.

Taking a small class again this year?

Robey won't play DB and I don't really see Haden having a spot, but right now we'd probably take him. It's a very conservative projection as the guys in the mock class are only leans and commitments. Defensive line will be interesting, and I honestly think Louis Nix is wide open as is Jeff Luc. I think we get O.O. as well, and that would be four linemen. Chaz Green might end up at defensive tackle as well.

Stacked on the offensive side, but underwhelming defensive class IMO.

I left a couple guys who I think Florida could end up with out, so take that for what it's worth.

James Hurst could also end up in this class, and there are plenty of other guys we could end up picking up. Once again, those are solid leans and maybe five of the targets we're heavily pursuing.

Not to mention that I fully expect a few of those guys' rankings to move up. I wouldn't expect anything like seven five stars, but a number like five wouldn't shock me. It all depends on how things progress from here. We could make big pushes and turn guys and what not.

Hollywood
03-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Columbus is about 1,000 miles away. The average yearly temperature is 62-42. Mildly cold at best.

Also, let's get back to the very specific topic, which is recruiting. If you want to look at migratory patterns, the only one that matters is recruits. Mentioning your neighbors is at the least irrelevant, and I would argue both stupid and misleading. The only way this could actually be "decided" (although as I said from the start, is based on nothing but you guys making **** up) is to look at the number of recruits that Miami and Ohio State have both recruited over the years, and see how many leave Ohio for Miami, and how many leave Florida for Ohio State. Given what you've said, it should be an absolute slam dunk that more kids would leave Ohio for Florida than the other way around. I highly doubt that's the case however.

Compared to Miami, Columbus is frigid cold. Go do a search for average monthly temperatures in each city. Hell right now according to google temps. it is 75 degrees here with a low tonight of 70, in Columbus the low tonight is 48. It's leads the news of gets to 48 degrees in January here.

Anyways, you say to look at recruits and I say fine - find me some recruits who actually leave here to go to Columbus who are actually wanted by the big three and/or don't have a prior connection to the school? It's an extremely rare occurrence and the reasons have already been outlined for you.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 08:40 PM
Robey won't play DB and I don't really see Haden having a spot, but right now we'd probably take him. It's a very conservative projection as the guys in the mock class are only leans and commitments. Defensive line will be interesting, and I honestly think Louis Nix is wide open as is Jeff Luc. I think we get O.O. as well, and that would be four linemen. Chaz Green might end up at defensive tackle as well.

I left a couple guys who I think Florida could end up with out, so take that for what it's worth.

James Hurst could also end up in this class, and there are plenty of other guys we could end up picking up. Once again, those are solid leans and maybe five of the targets we're heavily pursuing.

Not to mention that I fully expect a few of those guys' rankings to move up. I wouldn't expect anything like seven five stars, but a number like five wouldn't shock me. It all depends on how things progress from here. We could make big pushes and turn guys and what not.

A page or 2 ago you thought Nix was solid to us. Change your mind pretty quickly huh?

Considering Nix is committed to us, I wouldn't say he's wide open. At the very least, he's a Miami lean.

And I don't know if you have read all the crap on Luc, but Newberg said Luc brought Miami up quite a bit and we are the only school he's visited (3 times now). So yea, he's for sure a Miami lean. Not exactly wide open either.

If Nix and Luc are wide open then Dorsey and Watkins are as well. And we both know that's not the case.

sbh15
03-15-2009, 08:41 PM
It seems as if Florida is going to let Jeff Luc go (meaning I admit I was wrong about his status)...

Gideon Ajagbe is a definite Gator, and Christian Jones and Trey Burton are best friends and he's pushing him here hard. I expect Jones to blow up with the offer sheet he's gathering. That on top of the fact that Urban said we will NOT take three linebackers in this class means Luc will probably not be a Gator.

And I said he's probably a soft verbal. Which means he's committed, but it's not really much.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 08:43 PM

So you get on me for saying that there's more northerns in Florida then there are Floridians up north because the North has more population to move then Florida does.

But suddenly you can ignore the fact that Florida puts out close to 3 times the amount of kids then Ohio does in order to help your argument?

Certainly like to have your cake and eat it too dont you?

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 08:47 PM
It seems as if Florida is going to let Jeff Luc go (meaning I admit I was wrong about his status)...

Gideon Ajagbe is a definite Gator, and Christian Jones and Trey Burton are best friends and he's pushing him here hard. I expect Jones to blow up with the offer sheet he's gathering. That on top of the fact that Urban said we will NOT take three linebackers in this class means Luc will probably not be a Gator.

And I said he's probably a soft verbal. Which means he's committed, but it's not really much.

So explain to me again how you made the leap from him being a "soft verbal" to him being "wide open". Pretty drastic difference there.

Jeff Luc is coming to Miami. I'm pretty confident on that.

As for UF LB, your switch Elam there I assume, and Ajagbe is a given, but I think you have a better shot at Marvin Robinson then Jones. Jones entire family are Noles. Its a complete uphill battle for anyone to take him away from the Noles.

bearsfan_51
03-15-2009, 08:50 PM
So you get on me for saying that there's more northerns in Florida then there are Floridians up north because the North has more population to move then Florida does.

But suddenly you can ignore the fact that Florida puts out close to 3 times the amount of kids then Ohio does in order to help your argument?

Certainly like to have your cake and eat it too dont you?\
Do it as a matter of percentages then. Although you've managed to now include Florida and Florida State in your argument too, when originally this was about a kid choosing Ohio State over Miami.

sbh15
03-15-2009, 08:52 PM
So explain to me again how you made the leap from him being a "soft verbal" to him being "wide open". Pretty drastic difference there.

Jeff Luc is coming to Miami. I'm pretty confident on that.

As for UF LB, your switch Elam there I assume, and Ajagbe is a given, but I think you have a better shot at Marvin Robinson then Jones. Jones entire family are Noles. Its a complete uphill battle for anyone to take him away from the Noles.

I made the leap because I was basically trying to avoid pissing off the Miami fans, but then I decided I don't really care. The thing we have going with Jones is him and Burton are best friends, and Jones has said he loves the idea of playing with Jones. Nix does remain committed to Miami, but I really don't see it as anything MORE than a soft verbal and I think he's as good as wide open.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 08:58 PM
\
Do it as a matter of percentages then. Although you've managed to now include Florida and Florida State in your argument too, when originally this was about a kid choosing Ohio State over Miami.

WTF are you talking about?

Did you miss this entire conversation?

When have I ever even muttered the words Florida State? When did I ever saying anyone was going to pick Miami or OSU?

I was just saying that in general Florida kids don't like to go up north and I got into reasons why. Not once have I ever brought up a single specific team or player or anything of the sort.

In fact, if you read a few pages back. I'm the one that said Joyner would be picking OSU soon.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 08:59 PM
I made the leap because I was basically trying to avoid pissing off the Miami fans, but then I decided I don't really care. The thing we have going with Jones is him and Burton are best friends, and Jones has said he loves the idea of playing with Jones. Nix does remain committed to Miami, but I really don't see it as anything MORE than a soft verbal and I think he's as good as wide open.

And what gives you the impression Nix is wide open?

Do you honestly think Jones is picking Burton over his family. If Jones picks UF it will have very little to do with Burton and more to do with the mess going on at FSU right now.

sbh15
03-15-2009, 09:02 PM
And what gives you the impression Nix is wide open?

Do you honestly think Jones is picking Burton over his family. If Jones picks UF it will have very little to do with Burton and more to do with the mess going on at FSU right now.

Do you honestly expect Nix to pick Miami over his family?

Well you're answering you're own question right there, as Nix's family is all about Florida. Not to mention he comes from Jacksonville where Florida recruits pretty damn well.

Anyway, I'm confident about Jones for a number of reasons.

BRAVEHEART
03-15-2009, 09:04 PM
You florida guys a are a trip, it's gonna be hilarious when I move down there next year.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Do you honestly expect Nix to pick Miami over his family?

Well you're answering you're own question right there, as Nix's family is all about Florida. Not to mention he comes from Jacksonville where Florida recruits pretty damn well.

Anyway, I'm confident about Jones for a number of reasons.

See this is where you are dead wrong. Your confusing Nix's family as pushing him to go to UF when in reality, they are just UF fans. Do you honestly think Nix's parents would let him commit to Miami this early in the process if they were dead set on him going to UF? Your overblowing the family in this situation.

As for Jones, his dad and ,I believe, both his brothers played for Bowden at FSU. Not the same as Nix at all. In fact, it's much closer to the Elam situation (his brother played for CUM) then it is to the Nix situation.

Jacksonville has been recruited well by Miami, Clemson, FSU and UF in recent years. Don't act like it's Gator country.

BTW...Louis Nix has been trying to convince his best friend and Miami lean Tavadis Glenn to commit to us.

sbh15
03-15-2009, 09:15 PM
See this is where you are dead wrong. Your confusing Nix's family as pushing him to go to UF when in reality, they are just UF fans. Do you honestly think Nix's parents would let him commit to Miami this early in the process if they were dead set on him going to UF? Your overblowing the family in this situation.

As for Jones, his dad and I believe both his brothers played for Bowden at FSU. Not the same as Nix at all. In fact, it's much closer to the Elam situation (his brother played for CUM) then it is to the Nix situation.

Jacksonville has been recruited well by Miami, Clemson, FSU and UF in recent years. Don't act like it's Gator country.

BTW...Louis Nix has been trying to convince his best friend and Miami lean Tavadis Glenn to commit to us.

I knew I opened Pandora's Box when I started talking about Nix...

Look, only time will tell anyway, I'm just telling you what I've heard.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 09:17 PM
I knew I opened Pandora's Box when I started talking about Nix...

Look, only time will tell anyway, I'm just telling you what I've heard.

But you haven't heard anything.

All you say is that his family is "all about UF". w/e that means.

Meanwhile he is committed to us and is recruiting his best friend to play for us.

What is it Im missing exactly?

sbh15
03-15-2009, 09:25 PM
But you haven't heard anything.

All you say is that his family is "all about UF". w/e that means.

Meanwhile he is committed to us and is recruiting his best friend to play for us.

What is it Im missing exactly?

"It was exciting and I want to be a part of it but I have to wait man it's just hard for me now with all the pressure and trying to please others."

And there was the quote he had at our junior day where he said something along the lines of "my family doesn't care where I go, as long as it's the Gators". Not to mention that my Gator guy who has ties within the organization says he's playing you guys, but I've been ignoring that because at this point nothing is final.

JoeyJr09
03-15-2009, 09:40 PM
And there was the quote he had at our junior day where he said something along the lines of "my family doesn't care where I go, as long as it's the Gators". Not to mention that my Gator guy who has ties within the organization says he's playing you guys, but I've been ignoring that because at this point nothing is final.

Should I go pull the list of quotes where he has said good things about Miami. There's just as many if not more then there are about UF.

And this so called source. Is this the same one that had you going from saying Luc wide open, to done with the Gators in a manners of seconds?

sbh15
03-15-2009, 09:53 PM
And this so called source. Is this the same one that had you going from saying Luc wide open, to done with the Gators in a manners of seconds?

This source had been saying Luc was wide open, until he heard that Meyer would not be taking two linebackers, at which point he said Jones was a more likely pull than Luc, but not that we were dropping Luc.

You get so pissy because I bring some information that is different than what you know. You've been wrong where I've been right before, and vice versa. Just because I hear things different from what you hear doesn't mean they're wrong. And out of curiosity, how many visits has Nix taken to Miami?

etk
03-15-2009, 10:50 PM

I live in Toronto, but I go to Florida at least twice a year my whole life: Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa. Hopefully one day I move to Florida permanently. It definitely feels more like home there than here in Canada. Canada sucks.

So I'm not a "Florida guy" but I know what it's like down there. Most people don't even leave their city/town let alone state very often. Plus the fact that there are 3 big schools in FL so you have a lot more die-hard fans that hate the other teams in-state.

It's very "family oriented" I guess you can say. It's not just the weather that keeps players from leaving the state. It's everything. Once you live in Florida, you don't wanna leave. All my friends in Florida (who don't play sports) went to in-state schools as well.

Hines
03-16-2009, 01:38 AM
SBH, don't get your hopes up about Silas Redd. I think he is a Penn State lean. He may say that Florida is on top of his list because you guys offered, but I read he has said that to a lot of schools. He should be a Penn State recruit by now, but says that we want him to play DB, not running back. I think he is just saying all this stuff so Penn State can cave in and tell him he will play RB full time. I still think he is Penn State's to lose.

Sniper
03-16-2009, 07:06 AM
SBH, don't get your hopes up about Silas Redd. I think he is a Penn State lean. He may say that Florida is on top of his list because you guys offered, but I read he has said that to a lot of schools. He should be a Penn State recruit by now, but says that we want him to play DB, not running back. I think he is just saying all this stuff so Penn State can cave in and tell him he will play RB full time. I still think he is Penn State's to lose.

Florida hasn't offered.

Marino13
03-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Michigan offered Ohio DE/OLB Marcus Rush a scholarship. He plans on announcing before his senior year, and the Michigan offer did catch his attention.

Michigan is also expected to offer Michigan RB Nick Hill and Ohio LB Jewone Snow. If/When offered, Hill will commit to Michigan. Snow would probably commit to Michigan as well because he grew up a fan of the Maize and Blue (Dad is former Michigan All-American Garland Rivers)

Hines
03-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Florida hasn't offered.

I know this, but I read that they might, and that will put them on top.

Hines
03-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Key, have you ever heard of Brionte Dunn? He is only going to be a sophmore and rumored to be the best player in Ohio his senior season. He was at the Pittsburgh Combine yesterday and he already looks big enough to play D1 football right away.

JoeyJr09
03-16-2009, 12:40 PM
This source had been saying Luc was wide open, until he heard that Meyer would not be taking two linebackers, at which point he said Jones was a more likely pull than Luc, but not that we were dropping Luc.

You get so pissy because I bring some information that is different than what you know. You've been wrong where I've been right before, and vice versa. Just because I hear things different from what you hear doesn't mean they're wrong. And out of curiosity, how many visits has Nix taken to Miami?

That's where your wrong again.

I'm getting annoyed at the fact that you just pump the same family info over and over again on Nix. You have no different information. It's same crap we all knew way before he every committed to Miami. There's nothing new with him that I don't know. You just promote the same info over and over.

For every quote he says about his family liking the Gators, I have a quote where he says he has a special bond with Clint Hurtt (our RC and DL coach).

BTW...he'll supposed to be in Miami next week for the spring game.

Hollywood
03-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Anybody want to bet that a running back goes public with a commit to Miami within the next week?

etk
03-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Anybody want to bet that a running back goes public with a commit to Miami within the next week?

Can't be Clements. I thought he's waiting til NSD (Trail as well).

BRAVEHEART
03-16-2009, 01:29 PM

wut runningboc?

JoeyJr09
03-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Probably Gore.

Hollywood
03-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Can't be Clements. I thought he's waiting til NSD (Trail as well).

I'll go with Gore. It's funny; Joey posted the same thing/thought in the 09 thread.

BRAVEHEART
03-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Probably Gore.

Yeah, I don't understand how dudes like him (obvious cane "Lock"/legacy) don't just commit already and get the recruiting process out of the way.

Hollywood
03-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I don't understand how dudes like him (obvious cane "Lock"/legacy)

whoa whoa hey slow down...this is recruiting, don't speak in such certainties like that. ;)

keylime_5
03-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Brionte Dunn was the same size as a high school freshman that Chris Wells was as a college freshman. He is a serious monster, I wonder if he'll outgrow the runningback position or if he'll be another Jerome Bettis type. 6'1/230 sophomore RBs with serious skills don't come around very often. It's too early to even consider, but Dunn is probably the #1 or #2 sophomore prospect in Ohio with Braxton Miller being the clearcut #1 for 2011. Allen Gant is one to watch for 2012 too (safety/wideout prospect who is a Michigan legacy but an Ohio State fan).

djp
03-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I don't understand how dudes like him (obvious cane "Lock"/legacy) don't just commit already and get the recruiting process out of the way.

Because he doesn't have a committable offer yet.

Coaches are concerned about his size.

BRAVEHEART
03-16-2009, 02:02 PM
whoa whoa hey slow down...this is recruiting, don't speak in such certainties like that. ;)

That's why I put "legacy" in there too....YA BIG JERK!

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
03-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Have you guys seen LB Michael Taylor's highlights? lol kid has some waterboy moves.

http://s5.tinypic.com/kaplqd.jpg

djp
03-16-2009, 02:11 PM

Yep, I live in Minneapolis, go to school here.

Been to Miami six times in my life, the first of which was the 99 UCLA-UM game where Edgerrin James put the program back on the map.

Been a fan ever since that game.

Also, you are very obtuse, bf51, to assume that weather doesn't play at least a somewhat important role.

Why is that Tim Brewster gets all of his visits from southern prospects early in the season? Because it's not -15 and snowing outside.

Kids down south don't like to live in cold places. Is it something they can get past? Yes, it's more or less important for each recruit, just like program tradition, coaching style, academics, and NFL success is.

BRAVEHEART
03-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Have you guys seen LB Michael Taylor's highlights? lol kid has some waterboy moves.

http://s5.tinypic.com/kaplqd.jpg

Gatorade is better....

Hines
03-16-2009, 02:20 PM
If I was a prospect, I wouldn't care if it rained, shined, snowed, hailed, or even had tornados and hurricanes. What would matter to me is how comfortable I was with the staff and the school. I had the expierence with living on the East and West coast. It wouldn't matter to me how cold it got, or how warm it got because I would look for playing time and the relationship with the coaches.

HindSight
03-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Yep, I live in Minneapolis, go to school here.

Been to Miami six times in my life, the first of which was the 99 UCLA-UM game where Edgerrin James put the program back on the map.

Been a fan ever since that game.

Also, you are very obtuse, bf51, to assume that weather doesn't play at least a somewhat important role.

Why is that Tim Brewster gets all of his visits from southern prospects early in the season? Because it's not -15 and snowing outside.

Kids down south don't like to live in cold places. Is it something they can get past? Yes, it's more or less important for each recruit, just like program tradition, coaching style, academics, and NFL success is.
He's not saying it isn't a factor. He's saying it's not THE ONLY factor.

djp
03-16-2009, 02:23 PM
If I was a prospect, I wouldn't care if it rained, shined, snowed, hailed, or even had tornados and hurricanes. What would matter to me is how comfortable I was with the staff and the school. I had the expierence with living on the East and West coast. It wouldn't matter to me how cold it got, or how warm it got because I would look for playing time and the relationship with the coaches.

Like I said, it's different for every recruit.

Some people think that their priorities should be the same with everyone else's. They're not.

One person may think the weather/climate of a school is worthless, but it's not to someone else.