PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

BRAVEHEART
03-16-2009, 02:27 PM
If I was a prospect, I wouldn't care if it rained, shined, snowed, hailed, or even had tornados and hurricanes. What would matter to me is how comfortable I was with the staff and the school. I had the expierence with living on the East and West coast. It wouldn't matter to me how cold it got, or how warm it got because I would look for playing time and the relationship with the coaches.

Then you'd be a fool...a dead fool at that. :p

djp
03-16-2009, 02:29 PM
He's not saying it isn't a factor. He's saying it's not THE ONLY factor.

I know that, but from reading his posts he makes it seem like Miami fans are making up statements about how people are attracted to the climate, whether it be coming from the north or staying in the south.

It's not the end-be-all by any means, but it does play a factor. Read interviews with kids after they commit or take visits, a vast majority of kids from the north comment on how nice the warm weather is.

sbh15
03-16-2009, 02:45 PM
That's where your wrong again.

I'm getting annoyed at the fact that you just pump the same family info over and over again on Nix. You have no different information. It's same crap we all knew way before he every committed to Miami. There's nothing new with him that I don't know. You just promote the same info over and over.

For every quote he says about his family liking the Gators, I have a quote where he says he has a special bond with Clint Hurtt (our RC and DL coach).

BTW...he'll supposed to be in Miami next week for the spring game.

Different info = you think he's Cane lock, I think he's wide open.

Hines
03-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Then you'd be a fool...a dead fool at that. :p

It was a figure of speach asshole! :p

sbh15
03-16-2009, 02:56 PM
SBH, don't get your hopes up about Silas Redd. I think he is a Penn State lean. He may say that Florida is on top of his list because you guys offered, but I read he has said that to a lot of schools. He should be a Penn State recruit by now, but says that we want him to play DB, not running back. I think he is just saying all this stuff so Penn State can cave in and tell him he will play RB full time. I still think he is Penn State's to lose.

Well we're just getting into the race for this kid, I hear we like him a bit more than Roy Finch (a more likely 2nd running back). I agree he's a Penn State lean, but a lean isn't really that much. Definitely would be a Lion if things ended today, but they don't, and that's a good thing for Florida.

Hines
03-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Well we're just getting into the race for this kid, I hear we like him a bit more than Roy Finch (a more likely 2nd running back). I agree he's a Penn State lean, but a lean isn't really that much. Definitely would be a Lion if things ended today, but they don't, and that's a good thing for Florida.

I think he is far more then a "lean". He went off and quoted himself saying that we are his dream school. I think Silas is just trying to play a game with Penn State to have him come in as a running back. Not saying you guys dont have a shot, but it is my opinion that he is trying to play games with Penn State.

sbh15
03-16-2009, 03:02 PM
I think he is far more then a "lean". He went off and quoted himself saying that we are his dream school. I think Silas is just trying to play a game with Penn State to have him come in as a running back. Not saying you guys dont have a shot, but it is my opinion that he is trying to play games with Penn State.

Ah, well I haven't seen many quotes up until recently, so I'll take your word for it.

wicket
03-16-2009, 03:04 PM
since I'm totally bored, does anybody know of any ND leans I might not know about (there is a severe shortage of ND news ever since NSD so its getting rather dull)

Hines
03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Ah, well I haven't seen many quotes up until recently, so I'll take your word for it.

Link wont work. Dammit

sbh15
03-16-2009, 03:07 PM
since I'm totally bored, does anybody know of any ND leans I might not know about (there is a severe shortage of ND news ever since NSD so its getting rather dull)

I think I told you earlier, but I hear Seantrel Henderson is a ND lean right now.

wicket
03-16-2009, 03:27 PM
I think I told you earlier, but I hear Seantrel Henderson is a ND lean right now.

Jep you told me but its nice to hear still. He hasnt done anything at all visitwise though due to basketball season. It will be interesting to see where his first visits will be to.

HindSight
03-16-2009, 03:30 PM
I know that, but from reading his posts he makes it seem like Miami fans are making up statements about how people are attracted to the climate, whether it be coming from the north or staying in the south.

It's not the end-be-all by any means, but it does play a factor. Read interviews with kids after they commit or take visits, a vast majority of kids from the north comment on how nice the warm weather is.
Commenting on how nice the weather is isn't the same thing as saying "I came to Miami because the weather is nice here." The Miami fans make it seem like that's what these kids are saying.....ignoring Miami/Florida/Florida State's success, traditions, facilities, NFL Alumni, schemes, coaches, players, fans,......

djp
03-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Commenting on how nice the weather is isn't the same thing as saying "I came to Miami because the weather is nice here." The Miami fans make it seem like that's what these kids are saying.....ignoring Miami/Florida/Florida State's success, traditions, facilities, NFL Alumni, schemes, coaches, players, fans,......

No they're not. They are saying that it is definitely a factor,not for everyone, when weighing a school in warm weather vs cold weather.

HindSight
03-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Then they need to do a better job of conveying it....because for a non-Miami fan it comes across as "These kids are saying in Florida because they love the weather".

JoeyJr09
03-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Then they need to do a better job of conveying it....because for a non-Miami fan it comes across as "These kids are saying in Florida because they love the weather".

Common sense goes a long way here.

Some things are just understood without having to be said.

We shouldnt have to explain that weather is a secondary factor.

JoeyJr09
03-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Different info = you think he's Cane lock, I think he's wide open.

Are you serious?

How on earth do you make these leaps? Ive said this numerous times. I never ever use the phrase lock.

Ive said numerous times that the Gators are a factor here. Good God bro, I mean seriously, last class you were throwing out crazy name like Richardson, Kirkpatrick, Moore and others you had no shot at. Now youve already started your Gators are getting everyone parade by saying Nix is wide open. and Luc is wide open (which you were already wrong about).

Please dont try to act like Im the one being unreasonable on Nix. Ive said it will be a Miami/UF battle. Your the one making assinine comments like a Miami commit being wide open.

Let me ask you this, is Demar Dorsey wide open?

sbh15
03-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Are you serious?

How on earth do you make these leaps? Ive said this numerous times. I never ever use the phrase lock.

Ive said numerous times that the Gators are a factor here. Good God bro, I mean seriously, last class you were throwing out crazy name like Richardson, Kirkpatrick, Moore and others you had no shot at. Now youve already started your Gators are getting everyone parade by saying Nix is wide open. and Luc is wide open (which you were already wrong about).

Show me where I INCLUDED them in the Gator class... I was naive then anyway, and I've admitted that I was just believing everything I read.

Please dont try to act like Im the one being unreasonable on Nix. Ive said it will be a Miami/UF battle. Your the one making assinine comments like a Miami commit being wide open.

Let me ask you this, is Demar Dorsey wide open?

I think Dorsey is a soft verbal at this point, as he's already admitted that he'll be looking at a lot of the schools that offer him. Anyway, I went back and read and realize you have indeed been quite moderate with Nix, and I apologize for thinking you were being unreasonable about Nix. Anyway, I think he's 60-40 for you guys (as good as open for me)... is that a fair assessment so we can move on from this pointless bickering?

keylime_5
03-16-2009, 05:36 PM
According to Indiana's scout site the Buckeyes offered Roderick Smith (RB from Ft.Wayne). He's one of the top 3 backs on our board along with Spencer Ware and Corey Brown, 6'4"/220 power back with some moves. Not much film out yet on him, but the staff is really really really high on him (grade issues delayed offer). No film and limited offers due to grade ?s leave him a bit under the radar, but he is one of the top backs, and should commit to OSU very very soon.

Hines
03-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Would he play RB or move to LB/S? He seems too big for running back, or are you guys wanting Brandon Jacobs Jr?

ToldLikeItIs
03-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Austin Gray could be a Hawkeye, soon.

keylime_5
03-16-2009, 06:35 PM
He's a runningback. 6-3.5/215 as a junior. He's taller like Adrian peterson or Darren McFadden, but he's not gonna outgrow the position I don't think. He could get up to around 235ish but he's a natural runner from what they say.

...Last time we got a 6'3" power back from a bordering state was about 18 years ago and that one worked out pretty well.

BRAVEHEART
03-16-2009, 06:46 PM
He's a runningback. 6-3.5/215 as a junior. He's taller like Adrian peterson or Darren McFadden, but he's not gonna outgrow the position I don't think. He could get up to around 235ish but he's a natural runner from what they say.

...Last time we got a 6'3" power back from a bordering state was about 18 years ago and that one worked out pretty well.

Dude was a beast, one of the most underrated backs ever.

ToldLikeItIs
03-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Seantrel isn't a Notre Dame lean. Christ.

JayP
03-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Seantrel isn't a Notre Dame lean. Christ.

Lemme guess...he's an Iowa lean?

etk
03-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Lemme guess...he's an Iowa lean?

http://library.thinkquest.org/03oct/01464/correct_answer.gif

correct answer

ToldLikeItIs
03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
No, but we are a major player with him and CJ Fiedorowicz.

bearsfan_51
03-16-2009, 10:08 PM

You don't even exist. If Seantrel goes to Iowa I'll cut my arm off.

Jesus christ you must say these things just to get people to yell at you.

bearsfan_51
03-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Common sense goes a long way here.

Some things are just understood without having to be said.

We shouldnt have to explain that weather is a secondary factor.
Hollywood said that he wouldn't go to Ohio State because it's cold. That is not a secondary factor.

bearsfan_51
03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Also, you are very obtuse, bf51, to assume that weather doesn't play at least a somewhat important role.

Why is that Tim Brewster gets all of his visits from southern prospects early in the season? Because it's not -15 and snowing outside.
You are very obtuse to think that Minneapolis and Columbus have the same climate. That's like comparing New Orleans and Nashville.

CashmoneyDrew
03-16-2009, 10:15 PM
You are very obtuse to think that Minneapolis and Columbus have the same climate. That's like comparing New Orleans and Nashville.

Sweet. I can't believe people outside of this state actually give Nashville a passing thought.

Sniper
03-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Austin Gray could be a Hawkeye, soon.

Not if he gets a Michigan offer...

Jonny
03-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Keylime, do you like Brown at RB or WR? I'm hoping you guys load up in the midwest, so he decides to follow Savage to Rutgers.

keylime_5
03-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Sweet. I can't believe people outside of this state actually give Nashville a passing thought.

it's the music ******* city. :)

JoeyJr09
03-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Hollywood said that he wouldn't go to Ohio State because it's cold. That is not a secondary factor.

Like I said common sense.

If there were no major powerhouse problems in Florida, then he would have no choice but to go north.

So the fact that there are powerhouse programs down here in Florida is the primary factor.

Making weather a secondary factor.

Common sense.

bearsfan_51
03-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Like I said common sense.

If there were no major powerhouse problems in Florida, then he would have no choice but to go north.

So the fact that there are powerhouse programs down here in Florida is the primary factor.

Making weather a secondary factor.

Common sense.
Or not a factor at all. You're completely guessing.

Common sense.

ToldLikeItIs
03-17-2009, 01:47 AM
Iowa sits just as well as Minnesota with Henderson, plus the lineman tradition. You must be forgetting his head coach John Alt was a former NFL first-round OL that went to Iowa.

Gray should be ok.

wicket
03-17-2009, 02:02 AM
According to Indiana's scout site the Buckeyes offered Roderick Smith (RB from Ft.Wayne). He's one of the top 3 backs on our board along with Spencer Ware and Corey Brown, 6'4"/220 power back with some moves. Not much film out yet on him, but the staff is really really really high on him (grade issues delayed offer). No film and limited offers due to grade ?s leave him a bit under the radar, but he is one of the top backs, and should commit to OSU very very soon.

I know that is a real problem for him. It kept ND away from even considering him. fourth/fifth prospect in the whole state of indiana. If you offered you have a REALLY good shot at him.

wicket
03-17-2009, 02:04 AM

Lol 10 chars

Hines
03-17-2009, 02:19 AM
Nebraska loves to recruit Arizona it seems like. They offered Tuscon Sabino ATH Keanu Nelso.

BRAVEHEART
03-17-2009, 02:28 AM
Nebraska loves to recruit Arizona it seems like. They offered Tuscon Sabino ATH Keanu Nelso.

They recruit everywhere....and they have to.

wicket
03-17-2009, 02:32 AM
They recruit everywhere....and they have to.

if i remember they have a longer average distance to campus for their recruits even than ND.

JayP
03-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Iowa sits just as well as Minnesota with Henderson, plus the lineman tradition. You must be forgetting his head coach John Alt was a former NFL first-round OL that went to Iowa.

Gray should be ok.

I counteract your "Iowa OL tradition" with the fact that ND now employs Frank Verducci as its OL coach...who kinda sorta coached at Iowa for 10 years or so. To trump it, I'll toss in that he'll get to practice against D-Linemen who are coached by Randy Hart, who's put a few defensive linemen in the NFL, and Bryant Young, whose got a good shot at the NFL HOF.

As for the "the coach went to Iowa" bit, a guy Seantrel considers one of his "best friends" is already working him hard to be Irish....or did you not know that Michael Floyd and Henderson were tight? Toss in that Seantrel has also admitted to being a ND fan, and Iowa's shot in this race went from slim to none.

Seriously dude....wake up. This ain't 2005. I'm pretty sure that Henderson will land at ND, OSU, or Minny...pretty much in that order. As long as ND has a decent season, ND has pretty good shot at him.

P-L
03-17-2009, 08:45 AM
Not if he gets a Michigan offer...
That's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

bearsfan_51
03-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Seriously dude....wake up. This ain't 2005. I'm pretty sure that Henderson will land at ND, OSU, or Minny...pretty much in that order. As long as ND has a decent season, ND has pretty good shot at him.
USC is a sleeper player in this. He may have said he is a Notre Dame fan, but he's really a USC fan. It's just a question of playing time and if Pete Carroll is willing to make the trip to St. Paul like Tressel was.

iowatreat54
03-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Verducci sucks. He was the OL coach at Iowa and every player hated him. Ferentz did more for those OLs than Verducci has done in his career. Seriously, I give it about a year and half before players start complaining about how terrible it is to play under him.

Henderson is prolly going to ND though.

ToldLikeItIs
03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Verducci was probably the worst hire Weis could have made, from a teaching standpoint; however, he can recruit, and I'm not surprised Charlie made the hire based solely on that.

Henderson is better friends with Broderick Binns than Michael Floyd, since they lined up opposite each other in High School :) We have a great shot with him.

Fiedorowicz likes the location, depth chart, and TE success Iowa has had. He's also very comfortable with the coaching staff.

Ferentz' big contract extension is going to bring us a class similar to 2005, without the concentration in Illinois.

ToldLikeItIs
03-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Treat, don't agree with something you disagree with deep down.

iowatreat54
03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey, having low expectations means I'll be even happier if something happens :). I would love Henderson, but I'm not taking an optimistic view just yet.

ToldLikeItIs
03-17-2009, 10:58 AM
But you know what's really up, and you also know what will happen if and when Bulaga wins the outland and is projected top 5 next year.

JoeyJr09
03-17-2009, 11:17 AM
But you know what's really up, and you also know what will happen if and when Bulaga wins the outland and is projected top 5 next year.

Do you know what will happen?

Honestly, if your calling Henderson to Iowa, you just killed your chances.

Since when are you ever right?

JoeyJr09
03-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Or not a factor at all. You're completely guessing.

Common sense.

Maybe you should go read interviews from Florida kids when they are picking schools.

ToldLikeItIs
03-17-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm not calling him to Iowa. We will get one of his visits.

Fiedorowicz has Iowa and ND 1 and 2. We have the edge due to depth chart and coach security. Moeaki is a SR next year, and Reisner will be a JR.

djp
03-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Verducci was probably the worst hire Weis could have made, from a teaching standpoint; however, he can recruit, and I'm not surprised Charlie made the hire based solely on that.

Henderson is better friends with Broderick Binns than Michael Floyd, since they lined up opposite each other in High School :) We have a great shot with him.

Fiedorowicz likes the location, depth chart, and TE success Iowa has had. He's also very comfortable with the coaching staff.

Ferentz' big contract extension is going to bring us a class similar to 2005, without the concentration in Illinois.

Henderson has a small interest in Iowa, they are indeed on his list of teams.

I truly believe it's going to come down to USC and Minnesota (with ND needing to put some results on the field) after talking to his AAU basketball teammate.

BRAVEHEART
03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
I heard that Tubby said that Seantrel will be able to play Bball at Minny too for sure.

djp
03-17-2009, 01:36 PM
I heard that Tubby said that Seantrel will be able to play Bball at Minny too for sure.

If he comes on a football scholarship, Tubby won't give a hoot if Seantrel comes to play basketball or not. He would be a role player off the bench here, and given his football stature, he's probably not going to end up playing basketball anywhere he goes. It just helps with recruiting.

wicket
03-17-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm not calling him to Iowa. We will get one of his visits.

Fiedorowicz has Iowa and ND 1 and 2. We have the edge due to depth chart and coach security. Moeaki is a SR next year, and Reisner will be a JR.

Nope Fiedorowicz has ND 1 and Wisconsin 2 (really close between the two) everybody else is distant with iowa and osu as second tier and miami and illinois in last.
Side Note: ND ownz pro TE succes in recent years

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-17-2009, 02:17 PM
I'm hoping '10 PSU QB commit Paul Jones can make the push for 5* on scout, seeing as how he did fairly well at the Pittsburgh Nike Combine, and had a very good showing at the Scout.com combine in Pittsburgh...plus I know he is attending the PSU Nike camp. FWIW I had heard that his 40 was in the 4.7-4.8 range but I don't know if it'll be considered legit.

Apparently scout was using bracelets that were used electronically at the beginning and end of each events to keep times. I heard that some of the #s were really messed up, WRs running 5.0 or worse in the 40...and other players running 4.4s (skeptically). Who knows...heard they gathered everyone after the fact and told them that they'd be shaving .25 or .025 off the times....all FWIW (I don't know if this is all 100% accurate with regard to scout.com's "event").

-Jones was AWESOME. Every time Jones threw the ball Bob Lichtenfels kept muttering "McNabb".
Miller Safrit

-He's built like McNabb. Very thick, he's just a big kid all around and he can throw the ball a mile.
Allen Trieu :: Midwest Analyst - Scout.com

-PJ is a grown man now and he really does remind me of McNabb. He measured in at 6-3/222 and was solid. He has a chance to be a special player and PSU is going to have a dilema in the next few years with him and Newsome. His passing mechanics are way ahead of where Kevin was at the same time. He still is a little raw, but should be very good.
Bob Lichtenfels
Scout.com
Regional Recruiting Manager

Someone posted these responses from the main board on scout.

http://pennstate.scout.com/a.z?s=157&p=2&c=848008

Quarterback:

All eyes were on Penn State commit Paul Jones (McKees Rocks/Pa./Sto-Rox) and the talented senior did not disappoint. Jones has grown into his body and is already looking like he spent a couple years in a college weight room. Jones impressed with his arm strength. He has one of the strongest arms we have seen come out of Pennsylvania in a number of years. Not only does he throw with velocity, he throws a nice tight spiral. Jones took a ton of reps and was still throwing darts at the end of the camp.

ToldLikeItIs
03-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Everything I said will be proven down the road.

Austin Gray will be a Hawkeye soon.

sbh15
03-17-2009, 02:46 PM

Except for that Seantrel Henderson has very little interest in Iowa.

wicket
03-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Except for that Seantrel Henderson has very little interest in Iowa.

nor fiedorowicz

ToldLikeItIs
03-17-2009, 03:10 PM
I hear the exact opposite, from a pretty decent subject.
CJ is Iowa, ND, read his new IllPreps article.

HindSight
03-17-2009, 03:14 PM

Just like everything else you've said that was proven down the road. Proven to be false.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Well Bob L. confirmed my suspicions, pretty much flat out said that Paul Jones will be a 5* prospect, if not this round, than in the next round of updates...also said the scout 300 should be updated early next week.

Hines
03-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Well Bob L. confirmed my suspicions, pretty much flat out said that Paul Jones will be a 5* prospect, if not this round, than in the next round of updates...also said the scout 300 should be updated early next week.

That's great to hear. Any news on Hull?

VoteLynnSwan
03-17-2009, 03:23 PM

well we will definitely see because i'm keeping track of all your posts in a word document. As they fail to become reality i will be highlighting them red. On the off chance something you say actually comes true, i will mark them green. Thus far the only thing that has gone either was was you saying AJ Derby would be in the top 60 of the first rivals 100... obviously that did not happen.

Sniper
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Did you get the one in the '09 thread where Told said it looked very good or something of the sort for IL OL Michael Schofield who ended up committing to Michigan early in the process? Or Cam Gordon?

ToldLikeItIs
03-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Yeah, Derby started at #148 because they view him as more of an athlete, which I can totally understand.

Hollywood
03-17-2009, 03:26 PM
sbh, have you been slacking my man? I didn't know Leon Orr committed to you guys. I guess it's not a surprise though...Is he a guard or a tackle, btw and how many O-Lineman are you all taking this year, roughly?

VoteLynnSwan
03-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Did you get the one in the '09 thread where Told said it looked very good or something of the sort for IL OL Michael Schofield who ended up committing to Michigan early in the process? Or Cam Gordon?

i'm only considering the '10 recruiting season... if i wanted to, i could go back and bring up John Clay, Jason Ford, and countless other predictions told has been completely wrong about.

Hines
03-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Kyle Prater wants to go to Penn State's BW Game. I think it is a longshot, but it is nice to hopefully get him on campus. Kid is a stud. He is already big, but I think he could get even bigger, possibly to 230 and be a WR/TE/HBack. I would compare him to what the Colts do with Dallas Clark.

iowatreat54
03-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah, Derby started at #148 because they view him as more of an athlete, which I can totally understand.

Derby is 127, not 148, just so you know for future reference.

ToldLikeItIs
03-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Ford was commited to us for four months.

Clay was just a dibacle.

Thanks treat.

Derby will end a 5*. Who is holding him back? Blake Bell?

sbh15
03-17-2009, 04:13 PM
sbh, have you been slacking my man? I didn't know Leon Orr committed to you guys. I guess it's not a surprise though...Is he a guard or a tackle, btw and how many O-Lineman are you all taking this year, roughly?

If it ended today, he would pick OSU. Yes.

In Gator news: OL/DT Leon Orr has committed. Saw that one from a hundred miles away.

The quote above is from page 57. He'd been a silent verbal for a while anyway, I knew that much. My main source broke it to me way before Rivals or Scout, so I posted it early it got lost in the clutter.

Orr's going to be a defensive lineman. He's three hundred plus with room to grow, he'd be a space eater on day one for our slowly deteriorating interior defensive line. And offensive line will be probably three, if we get Hurst it would be a +1. I'm expecting Brent Benedict, Chaz Green, and Ian Silberman (all pretty much locks anyway) and there might be a +1 like Hurst in the group.

Hollywood
03-17-2009, 04:14 PM
The quote above is from page 57. He'd been a silent verbal for a while anyway, I knew that much. My main source broke it to me way before Rivals or Scout, so I posted it early it got lost in the clutter.

Orr's going to be a defensive lineman. He's three hundred plus with room to grow, he'd be a space eater on day one for our slowly deteriorating interior defensive line. And offensive line will be probably three, if we get Hurst it would be a +1. I'm expecting Brent Benedict, Chaz Green, and Ian Silberman (all pretty much locks anyway) and there might be a +1 like Hurst in the group.

What about Linder, any word on him? Didn't realize Orr was being looked at as DL, good stuff.

wicket
03-17-2009, 04:19 PM
What about Linder, any word on him? Didn't realize Orr was being looked at as DL, good stuff.

@Linder a ND Miami battle with Miami with a slight lead I guess. If he wants ND he better be quick cause OLine might be filling like crazy. Personally I want him pretty bad

Hollywood
03-17-2009, 04:21 PM
@Linder a ND Miami battle with Miami with a slight lead I guess. If he wants ND he better be quick cause OLine might be filling like crazy. Personally I want him pretty bad

Yes it is definitely a UM-ND-UF battle, but I worry about UF more than Notre Dame, to be honest. If it is UM - ND I feel good about it, despite all his connections there.

sbh15
03-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Linder is in-state or Notre Dame. I feel like I recall that same guy telling me he's pretty much even between Notre Dame and Miami or something and we're slightly behind. There are a few lineman this year who UF and ND are really in it for though, so I may be remembering incorrectly.

sbh15
03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Nope, sorry. It's actually Gator or Irish for Linder that he told me.

Sorry, Hollywood.

wicket
03-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Linder is in-state or Notre Dame. I feel like I recall that same guy telling me he's pretty much even between Notre Dame and Miami or something and we're slightly behind. There are a few lineman this year who UF and ND are really in it for though, so I may be remembering incorrectly.

The only guy I think you could be mistaking with is brent benedict but i dont think you are wrong tbh cause benedict seems nd-florida with florida in the lead.

Hollywood
03-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Nope, sorry. It's actually Gator or Irish for Linder that he told me.

Sorry, Hollywood.

We'll see. Long ways away and I know he grew up a huge UM fan; still worry about UF if they put the full court press on him but it looks like you have other names on your OL board.

sbh15
03-17-2009, 04:26 PM
We'll see. Long ways away and I know he grew up a huge UM fan; still worry about UF if they put the full court press on him but it looks like you have other names on your OL board.

The thing is all of those guys are pretty much as good as committed right now.

A lot can change, but Linder could receive all the focus we want to give him because Benedict and Green are as good as verbals and Silberman already has given his.

Hollywood
03-17-2009, 04:28 PM

A lot can change, but Linder could receive all the focus we want to give him because Benedict and Green are as good as verbals and Silberman already has given his.

Yes so that is 3 + you have this Hurst guy you all are going hard after...

It will be an interesting battle whether you guys are in it or not. It would be much easier if it was just UM and ND, but I still feel decent about our chances even if you guys do go after him hard.

wicket
03-17-2009, 04:29 PM

I agree with green but not with benedict

sbh15
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Yes so that is 3 + you have this Hurst guy you all are going hard after...

It will be an interesting battle whether you guys are in it or not. It would be much easier if it was just UM and ND, but I still feel decent about our chances even if you guys do go after him hard.

Well yeah it should be a good battle either way, my guy said he was a lean but didn't include him in his mock class, so that's kind of interesting. He's probably pretty even right now though.

I agree with green but not with benedict

I'm just letting you know what I hear. He's not an obvious silent like Orr was, but Notre Dame has a helluva lot of ground to make up.

ToldLikeItIs
03-17-2009, 04:32 PM
Who is going to fill up Notre Dame's lineman class in the coming weeks?

JRTPlaya21
03-17-2009, 04:35 PM
No surprise that UF leads for Jordan Haden.

wicket
03-17-2009, 04:35 PM
The have Matt James pretty much locked up and the other offers we have out are all in a good position except for Chaz Green. We will easily find the one or two other guys we need with the other offers, certainly considering that we already have Lombard commited

sbh15
03-17-2009, 04:36 PM
No surprise that UF leads for Jordan Haden.

Yeah... he's ours if we want him. I don't really think BC, who was his #2 can compete.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Camper/PHOTO/JORDANHADEN15JD08200.JPG

That about says it all.

JRTPlaya21
03-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Mhm and he put yall at a 75% chance of getting him.

ToldLikeItIs
03-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Are they commiting in the coming weeks?

wicket
03-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Are they commiting in the coming weeks?

There is bound to be some commitment there with the spring game but I think no more than 1 offensive lineman. Our Dline could be all but set by then though.

JRTPlaya21
03-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Hey wicket is yalls spring roster out anywhere yet?

wicket
03-17-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey wicket is yalls spring roster out anywhere yet?

Like the active players? If so no, the fifth year players have not been comfirmed yet. Spring practices will start soon enough though so wel'll know by then.
scedule (http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/021109aad.html)

JRTPlaya21
03-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Cool thanks.

Hines
03-17-2009, 08:26 PM
California WR Kenny Stills said in a recent video interview that Penn State is his favorite. I like this because he is a real good player. What scares me is the fact that if USC offers, I believe he would go there. He said he wants to leave the West Coast.

sbh15
03-17-2009, 08:29 PM
So Hollywood, I know I'm flip-flopping like you wouldn't believe, but apparently Miami is actually the leader for Linder. I misread over and over again, but asked my guy and I have a clear answer. It's Miami/Florida/Notre Dame, but apparently Notre Dame has fallen way behind UF and UM.

P-L
03-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Michigan is sitting good with DE C.J. Olaniyan. Kid is a stud. Don't be surprised when he rises up the rankings. Already has offers from Michigan, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. I'll be shocked if that offer list doesn't get more impressive when it's all said and done.

sbh15
03-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Apparently ATH Demarco Cobbs and TE Chris Barnett are a package deal, and Florida is actively pursuing both. Could be a factor in whether or not Florida competes with USC for Cobbs.

BRAVEHEART
03-17-2009, 08:34 PM
California WR Kenny Stills said in a recent video interview that Penn State is his favorite. I like this because he is a real good player. What scares me is the fact that if USC offers, I believe he would go there. He said he wants to leave the West Coast.

I think he'll end up a nittany lion. He has a huge boner for USC, but usc seems to be occupied with top priorities Robert Woods, Markeith Ambles, DeMarco Cobbs, and Delvin Jones. If USC only gets one or two out of that list then I think Stills will get the offer that he wants. Normally players like Stills would be trojans already, but Pete and crew have chances to nab bigger fish (to fry of course).

Hines
03-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Michigan is sitting good with DE C.J. Olaniyan. Kid is a stud. Don't be surprised when he rises up the rankings. Already has offers from Michigan, Penn State, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. I'll be shocked if that offer list doesn't get more impressive when it's all said and done.

He looks extremely raw, but has a lot of athletic ability. Do you know where Penn State stands with him?

I think he'll end up a nittany lion. He has a huge boner for USC, but usc seems to be occupied with top priorities Robert Woods, Markeith Ambles, DeMarco Cobbs, and Delvin Jones. If USC only gets one or two out of that list then I think Stills will get the offer that he wants. Normally players like Stills would be trojans already, but Pete and crew have chances to nab bigger fish (to fry of course).

That must be it because I believe Stills is a really, really good player. I kind've hope he doesn't get the grades for Stanford, but if he ends up going there, I will wish him well and not be upset for someone chose Stanford over Penn State.

BRAVEHEART
03-17-2009, 09:21 PM
He looks extremely raw, but has a lot of athletic ability. Do you know where Penn State stands with him?

That must be it because I believe Stills is a really, really good player. I kind've hope he doesn't get the grades for Stanford, but if he ends up going there, I will wish him well and not be upset for someone chose Stanford over Penn State.

I like PSU's chances over the Furd. As for stills as a prospect, vertical threat, legit six footer (might actually be his listed hieght of 6-2). His highlights don't show him doing too much except burning mediocre talent deep. If he doesn't go PSU don't be surprised to see him jump into the SEC.

duckseason
03-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Ted Meline (http://oregon.scout.com/a.z?s=128&p=2&c=847950) says Georgia and Oregon are his current leaders. Says he's looking to leave the state, and that he'll probably make a commitment this spring.

I love what Chip's been doing in Florida. Not sure what he's waiting for with Peniel Jean though. Seems like a great fit for our defense and he loves the Ducks. The more Florida guys we can get, the better. Offer him! I'm sure he knows what he's doing a hell of a lot better than I though so I'll just shut up.

Of all the Florida guys though, the one I want most is Ivan McCartney. He's gonna be something special.

draftguru151
03-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Stay away from McCartney. :)

P-L
03-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Right now he is more of an athlete than a football player but his potential is enormous. Not really sure where Penn State stands. I know Michigan State was his early favorite but U-M made a huge impression on him this past weekend.

Hollywood
03-17-2009, 09:48 PM
So Hollywood, I know I'm flip-flopping like you wouldn't believe, but apparently Miami is actually the leader for Linder. I misread over and over again, but asked my guy and I have a clear answer. It's Miami/Florida/Notre Dame, but apparently Notre Dame has fallen way behind UF and UM.

Cool, thanks. Yea not surprised Miami is the leader, but I still worry about UF if he visits up there. It is hard for 17 year old white kids in Florida to pass up what UF has to offer right now. See: Patchan, Matt.

tolnaballa
03-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Linder a tackle or a center? I've seen that he has played both, I am just wondering what he is being recruited for.

Miami has possibilities at Jose Jose, Linder, and already have a commit in McDermott. They are all listed as possible Center prospects.

kwilk103
03-17-2009, 09:52 PM
va teammates ol marquis wallace and rb trey johnson committ to wvu

we our done with oline recruiting

duckseason
03-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Stay away from McCartney. :)
Hey, we're just trying to get a piece of you guys' table scraps here and there. Think of McCartney like a biscuit or something. I mean yeah he's one tasty looking biscuit, but you guys got a whole basket full. You won't even notice his absence. But for us that biscuit is the equivalent of a fat hunk of prime rib. Can't blame us for salivating all over your carpet. haha

kwilk103
03-17-2009, 10:02 PM
yea, stay away from mccartney

Hollywood
03-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Linder a tackle or a center? I've seen that he has played both, I am just wondering what he is being recruited for.

Miami has possibilities at Jose Jose, Linder, and already have a commit in McDermott. They are all listed as possible Center prospects.

I want him at Tackle. If he is a legit 6'5" + and is the OL everyone makes him out to be; try to develop him first at the most important offensive line position.

Hollywood
03-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey, we're just trying to get a piece of you guys' table scraps here and there. Think of McCartney like a biscuit or something. I mean yeah he's one tasty looking biscuit, but you guys got a whole basket full. You won't even notice his absence. But for us that biscuit is the equivalent of a fat hunk of prime rib. Can't blame us for salivating all over your carpet. haha

Any D1 team who has ties to South Florida right now are going to be very happy. This year is incredibly stacked, the big three can only take max 75 guys from Florida (though of course they take a few OOS guys too, so probably around 60) and there has to be somewhere around 200+ legit D1 recruits with high upside in Florida this year. It's ridiculous how deep it is this year; everyone should be happy.

CashmoneyDrew
03-18-2009, 01:47 AM
I need some of you guys' expert recruiting analysis. The Vols are obviously in the market for a big time qb prospect in this next class. Who out of the following has the best chance of coming in and producing immediately, and who do you think will end up being the best college qb?

-Jake Heaps
-Blake Bell
-Phillip Sims
-Nick Montana
-Unnamed prospect(names please obviously)

Thank you sir(s).

Hollywood
03-18-2009, 01:58 AM
I need some of you guys' expert recruiting analysis. The Vols are obviously in the market for a big time qb prospect in this next class. Who out of the following has the best chance of coming in and producing immediately, and who do you think will end up being the best college qb?

-Jake Heaps
-Blake Bell
-Phillip Sims
-Nick Montana

Thank you sir(s).

Unfortunately for the Vols I think this is a terrible year to need a QB. Blake Bell is the highest rated guy but after watching a ton of his film, I am not sold on him at all. He has a terrible delivery, doesn't have a great arm, doesn't have great mobility...he is just a guy with nice size that puts up great numbers in Kansas. He should be a low 4/high 3 star guy IMO. A lot of people do like him though, so I could be wrong.

The most likely to play right away IMO is Jake Heaps just because he has the best mobility and the nice arm. It's so hard for QBs to play right away though, but if anyone from that list could it would be Heaps.

He is also my favorite prospect from that group. I'd rank them like this:

1. Heaps
2. Sims
3. Bell
4. Montana

wicket
03-18-2009, 01:59 AM

-Jake Heaps
-Blake Bell
-Phillip Sims
-Nick Montana

Thank you sir(s).

I dont think you want nick montana or blake bell to step in right away but they are the guys with the highest ceilings tbh(although i dont see you getting either tbh).
Jake Heaps could start quite quickly, will take some time to transition to the college level but is killing it lately in the combine stuff.
Phillip Sims i cant help you with.

CashmoneyDrew
03-18-2009, 02:00 AM
Yeah, a lot of people over at volnation are putting their eggs in the Heaps basket as well. A lot of them are also speculating that we are in the lead for him which I don't necessarily buy yet.

BRAVEHEART
03-18-2009, 02:00 AM

-Jake Heaps
-Blake Bell
-Phillip Sims
-Nick Montana

Thank you sir(s).

Heaps is consedering everybody (right now). If washington makes it to a bowl game, then I think he'll stay in state. ND,FSU,UT,UW,UCLA,BYU,OSU (beavs), and LSU all are about even. When he trims his list to 5, then we'll actually know something.

wicket
03-18-2009, 02:04 AM
Heaps is consedering everybody (right now). If washington makes it to a bowl game, then I think he'll stay in state. ND,FSU,UT,UW,UCLA,BYU,OSU (beavs), and LSU all are about even. When he trims his list to 5, then we'll actually know something.

He wont wait that long to commit. If I had to give percentages right now for heaps it would be:
UW=30%
BYU,ND,UT=20%
UCLA,OSU=5%

I just dont see LSU or FSU happening

BRAVEHEART
03-18-2009, 02:06 AM
He wont wait that long to commit. If I had to give percentages right now for heaps it would be:
UW=30%
BYU,ND,UT=20%
UCLA,OSU=5%

I just dont see LSU or FSU happening

and why is that, he seemed the most intrested about those two (maybe because he didn't expect offers from them).

wicket
03-18-2009, 02:09 AM
and why is that, he seemed the most intrested about those two (maybe because he didn't expect offers from them).

he doesnt fit in with the florida lifestyle thing and he wants to play somewhat early so lsu wouldnt be a good fit either with them getting shepard last class.

BRAVEHEART
03-18-2009, 02:11 AM
he doesnt fit in with the florida lifestyle thing and he wants to play somewhat early so lsu wouldnt be a good fit either with them getting shepard last class.

well if that's true, BYU,UW,UT,OSU,UT would be good guesses.

wicket
03-18-2009, 02:18 AM
well if that's true, BYU,UW,UT,OSU,UT would be good guesses.

Thats why i dont feel that great about him with ND, Charlie has a tendency to get his guy and we have been recruiting him the hardest and the longest of everyone but with crist redshirting last year we can prolly offer him 'only' two years as a starter since every report about crist is great and i would be insainly suprised if anyone would beat him for his starting spot when jimmy graduates.

Hokie_Pokie08
03-18-2009, 03:36 AM
va teammates ol marquis wallace and rb trey johnson committ to wvu

we our done with oline recruiting

Very nice pickup. Don't know why VT didn't go after him harder as we usually do very well with the Varina kids.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Right now he is more of an athlete than a football player but his potential is enormous. Not really sure where Penn State stands. I know Michigan State was his early favorite but U-M made a huge impression on him this past weekend.

Visiting PSU this weekend...said he is leaving on Thursday (tomorrow)...don't know why he is leaving so early, unless by weekend he means FRI-SAT.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Very nice pickup. Don't know why VT didn't go after him harder as we usually do very well with the Varina kids.

I had my eye on this kid prior to the '08 collegiate football season...disappointed PSU didn't offer - seems to have a great mix of size/quickness. I could have seen him on either side of the ball before, but he is probably an OG.

I think he has been dropping weight as well so that should only help with his feet. He was a kid that kind of reminded me of '10 NY OL/DL prospect DaQuan Jones - and Jones killed it at the Nike combine covered by ESPN the past week or two in Philly.

Also the other kid is Trey Johnson, right? Had heard there were some grade issues, believe he talked openly about it with scout.com...or his coach talked openly about it. Seems like a really good ATH. I've been disappointed with our effort in VA this year, Buggs seems busy recruiting kids in CA & CT, and LJ seems preoccupied with just MD. With both of their VA ties, I'm slightly disappointed...Kenney also has VA ties and I haven't heard him making any noise either (recruiting in the Carolina's though).

Hines
03-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Notre Dame offered Chandler(AZ) Hamilton S Devon Carrington yesterday. He is from the top program in Arizona that always produces talent. He is the best player in this year's class on that team. Probably a top 3 player in state IMO.

wicket
03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Notre Dame offered Chandler(AZ) Hamilton S Devon Carrington yesterday. He is from the top program in Arizona that always produces talent. He is the best player in this year's class on that team. Probably a top 3 player in state IMO.

his HS coach is a ND alumn. He is the fourth player on our big board for safety and we need at least two.

P-L
03-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Michigan was the first to offer 2011 receiver DeAnthony Arnett. He's arguably the top player in his class from the state of Michigan along with LB Lawrence Thomas. He's also hearing from Oregon, Iowa, and Michigan State.

kwilk103
03-18-2009, 01:47 PM
im not sure about trey johnson's grade problems

as for wallace, we were his 1st offer, and he always said his 1st offer would be in it til the end

he just likes our coaches and our depth chart

like i said earlier, we are now done with oline recruiting unless a top guy wants to come

JoeyJr09
03-18-2009, 04:31 PM
missed some stuff a few pages back so I'll throw in my 2 cents.

-shb and Hollywood were talking about Linder. Holly I know you read Canesport. You of course know Litee. Dude is a complete douche bag but he is money on STA news. HE says not to worry about Linder, says we have a huge lead here. shb, since you probably don't know. Litee is a poster on Canesport who happens to be former Cane and STA grad Anthony Reddicks big bro. Well Litee is still close with the STA program, is friends with all the players and coaches and attends all the games. He is usually money with STA news. He doesn't call Linder a lock but he says barring something drastic, Linder is likely a Cane.

-Ivan McCartney should be 1 of 3 WRs in this class for Miami. Ill be pretty surprised if he goes elsewhere. Too many ties to us and too huge a Miami fan.

-Ted Meline is a UGA lean from my understanding. But I think he wants to play S and UGA wants him as a WR. Should be some flip flopping with him Im sure. He grew up a UF fan but likely wont get offered. I expect him OOS. Surprised he isnt getting more in-state offers push because he is a huge talent. And surprisingly we aren't even recruiting him even tho he's from BTW.

-I expect Penial Jean at Oregon. But he has looked bad at camps having to get moved to S already because he didn't have the speed or hips for CB against the big boys. He's more a secondary option for most teams at this point.

-Ive said for a long time my fav QB in this class is Blake Bell. Kids has the goods.

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
03-18-2009, 04:36 PM
-Ted Meline is a UGA lean from my understanding. But I think he wants to play S and UGA wants him as a WR. Should be some flip flopping with him Im sure. He grew up a UF fan but likely wont get offered. I expect him OOS. Surprised he isnt getting more in-state offers push because he is a huge talent. And surprisingly we aren't even recruiting him even tho he's from BTW.

Ted says UF offered...and he is open to playing either position...he just wants to get on the field as soon as possible....which ever position that may be.

JoeyJr09
03-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Ted says UF offered...and he is open to playing either position...he just wants to get on the field as soon as possible....which ever position that may be.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=910677

Everyone wants me at receiver, but I'm planning to switch to safety, I feel more comfortable playing there. Nobody's looked at my defensive highlights yet.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=923712

My favorite school was Florida, but I have not been in contact with them lately

Hes open to playing both ways but already said he prefers to play safety. And I dunno where you saw he has a UF offer. shb, can answer this better but I havent seen a single article or database saying he was a UF offer and he even said UF isnt really recruiting him.

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
03-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Check the scout video from yesterday...

sbh15
03-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Um, Ted Meline... we don't plan on taking this kid if he wants to play S.

We have 15 more defensive backs lined up for spots before him. Especially at S, where, after we get Haden, there won't be room

Also, what do you have on Corey Lemonier, UM guys? I know he's a lean to you, but apparently he visited us recently and said we were his leader. Obviously those comments don't guarantee anything, but is there any truth or is he just being respectful after his visit.

etk
03-18-2009, 06:18 PM
-Ivan McCartney should be 1 of 3 WRs in this class for Miami. Ill be pretty surprised if he goes elsewhere. Too many ties to us and too huge a Miami fan.

He's coming to the spring game. I'll be shocked if he chooses to go elsewhere. I say chooses now because of the Bryce situation.

JoeyJr09
03-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Um, Ted Meline... we don't plan on taking this kid if he wants to play S.

We have 15 more defensive backs lined up for spots before him. Especially at S, where, after we get Haden, there won't be room

Also, what do you have on Corey Lemonier, UM guys? I know he's a lean to you, but apparently he visited us recently and said we were his leader. Obviously those comments don't guarantee anything, but is there any truth or is he just being respectful after his visit.

Most expect Lemonier to be an early commit to us

sbh15
03-18-2009, 06:24 PM
Most expect Lemonier to be an early commit to us

Hm, my guy said we're very much in it, but he isn't basing it off of much right now.

Just knows he loved the visit.

JoeyJr09
03-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Hm, my guy said we're very much in it, but he isn't basing it off of much right now.

Just knows he loved the visit.

Ur running 2nd for him so yea ur in it. But itll take quite a bit to pull him from us.

He is the only DE we are actively recruiting and we have 1 open slot for a DE in this class. Should give u an indication on our staffs confidence level with him right there.

sbh15
03-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Ur running 2nd for him so yea ur in it. But itll take quite a bit to pull him from us.

He is the only DE we are actively recruiting and we have 1 open slot for a DE in this class. Should give u an indication on our staffs confidence level with him right there.

What about Trail? Would that make him a possibility for UF if you guys back off?

Hollywood
03-18-2009, 07:17 PM
What about Trail? Would that make him a possibility for UF if you guys back off?

"When I was talking with coach Shannon he was saying `We're not fighting for Lynden because Lynden is going to Miami,'" Trail said. "He said he knows Eduardo is open to other colleges.

"But I told him I'm open, too. I said `Just because Miami's in my back yard doesn't mean I'm coming here automatically.' He said `I respect that.'"

bahaha. I love that. Yea Trail is a Miami lock and I doubt we back off of him.

sbh15
03-18-2009, 07:20 PM
For some reason I have a somewhat hilarious recreation of that conversation going on in my head.

JRTPlaya21
03-18-2009, 07:24 PM
He's coming to the spring game. I'll be shocked if he chooses to go elsewhere. I say chooses now because of the Bryce situation.

It's ok etk. Lock can still be used where you see fit.

JoeyJr09
03-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Trail will be a TE here. He isnt being recruited as a DE.

etk
03-18-2009, 09:26 PM
"When I was talking with coach Shannon he was saying `We're not fighting for Lynden because Lynden is going to Miami,'" Trail said. "He said he knows Eduardo is open to other colleges.

"But I told him I'm open, too. I said `Just because Miami's in my back yard doesn't mean I'm coming here automatically.' He said `I respect that.'"

bahaha. I love that. Yea Trail is a Miami lock and I doubt we back off of him.

You missed the last part, where he said he's announcing on signing day :rolleyes:

I guess I can't blame him for wanting a little bit of attention.

It's ok etk. Lock can still be used where you see fit.

I'm not afraid to use the term, but I don't "see it fit" here. McCartney is not a Cane lock.

wicket
03-19-2009, 06:28 AM
who will be this years Bryce Brown, the guy with the most drama in his recruiting process.

sbh15
03-19-2009, 06:29 AM
who will be this years Bryce Brown, the guy with the most drama in his recruiting process.

I'm gonna guess LaMarcus Joyner... he's already named like 14 different leaders.

JoeyJr09
03-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Definitely Joyner. Guy is gonna be a headcase of a recruitment.

4* DT Ego Ferguson will be visiting Miami soon. Hes in the process of setting it up. He lived in Miami and Orlando until HS. His mom still lives in Florida and he says he has a ton of family in Miami. Bodes well fo us but Considering we have Nix and Chandler already, Id have to think Ferguson is more of a luxury then a need. Althought he is being recruited by our OL coach. Anyone know if hes got potential there?

Hollywood
03-19-2009, 07:04 AM
Definitely Joyner. Guy is gonna be a headcase of a recruitment.

4* DT Ego Ferguson will be visiting Miami soon. Hes in the process of setting it up. He lived in Miami and Orlando until HS. His mom still lives in Florida and he says he has a ton of family in Miami. Bodes well fo us but Considering we have Nix and Chandler already, Id have to think Ferguson is more of a luxury then a need. Althought he is being recruited by our OL coach. Anyone know if hes got potential there?

haha I am glad you called him Ego, I refuse to call him 'J.R.' I want him just because of that name; Ego Ferguson sounds like an SNL sketch.

wicket
03-19-2009, 08:46 AM
ND seems to only trail PSU for khairi fortt, he is gonna be in both their and our spring game in consecutive weekends. Dont think he will drag it out that long.

BRAVEHEART
03-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Any Info an Christian Jones, florida guys?

Hines
03-19-2009, 10:06 AM
ND seems to only trail PSU for khairi fortt, he is gonna be in both their and our spring game in consecutive weekends. Dont think he will drag it out that long.

I am so hoping that he goes to Penn State. He is good friends with Silas Redd, so I would hope that if he commits to Penn State, he can get in Silass' ear even more.

wicket
03-19-2009, 10:20 AM
I am so hoping that he goes to Penn State. He is good friends with Silas Redd, so I would hope that if he commits to Penn State, he can get in Silass' ear even more.

I'll live as long as we get our two (i think) linebackers in our class from our current offers and no more. I have Fortt at the top of my list though but lb is not our biggest position of need. Combine that with us apparently leading for texas lb shaun lewis and I have at least two positions i neednt worry about (rb being the other)

sbh15
03-19-2009, 10:59 AM

Or if Florida gets Redd.... they will make an epic push and claim Fortt!

JoeyJr09
03-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Any Info an Christian Jones, florida guys?

FSU or UF. Doubt hes seriously considering anyone else.

sbh15
03-19-2009, 11:32 AM
FSU or UF. Doubt hes seriously considering anyone else.

Yeah, and as of right now, as Joey and I have both probably stated, FSU leads.

He's a legacy there, but Trey Burton (UF commit) is his best friend and is doing everything he can to get Jones in Florida's class. I think Florida has a good thing going with that and the FSU sanctions, but it'll be hard to go against his family... I think we can pull him, but it will take a lot of work. If Burton wasn't in this class, he wouldn't consider anyone but FSU.

BRAVEHEART
03-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Thank you for the info.

Marino13
03-19-2009, 12:25 PM
according to the Michigan Rivals site, the 3 finalists for Latwan Anderson are Michigan, Michigan State, and West Virginia. FWIW

Sniper
03-19-2009, 12:30 PM
according to the Michigan Rivals site, the 3 finalists for Latwan Anderson are Michigan, Michigan State, and West Virginia. FWIW

Unfortunately, I think he's headed to East Lansing.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-19-2009, 01:14 PM
I'll live as long as we get our two (i think) linebackers in our class from our current offers and no more. I have Fortt at the top of my list though but lb is not our biggest position of need. Combine that with us apparently leading for texas lb shaun lewis and I have at least two positions i neednt worry about (rb being the other)

I'm not at all worried about the LB position, learned my lesson after this past season (J. Jenkins). Even if we lose both Bowman and Lee after the '09 season, that just makes a clear path for two of Michael Mauti, Nathan Stupar, Michael Yancich or Bani Gbadyu. If we only lose one of those two starting LBs, we'll be sick. We probably have 7 or 8 former 4* LB recruits that have yet to even be a starting PSU LB.

'10 PA LB Mike Hull already committed, the only LB I even care about this year....the only thing that is puzzling to me is the fact that we haven't shown much more interest in Nick Forbes. Then you have freshmen early enrollee Gerald Hodges as a LB/S, if he doesn't lock down a S spot he could find himself at LB if Bowman/Lee are gone after '09 and Mauti/Stupar/Yancich falter for the '10 season.

'10 MI recruit Earnest Thomas who is the same type of prospect...and he is going to visit PSU and try to earn that offer on his appearance - he understands the small class we have and such. I really want us to offer this kid...and I really (personally) want Hodges at S his entire PSU career, as well as Thomas IF we were to offer & IF he were to accept.

wicket
03-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm not at all worried about the LB position, learned my lesson after this past season (J. Jenkins). Even if we lose both Bowman and Lee after the '09 season, that just makes a clear path for two of Michael Mauti, Nathan Stupar, Michael Yancich or Bani Gbadyu. If we only lose one of those two starting LBs, we'll be sick. We probably have 7 or 8 former 4* LB recruits that have yet to even be a starting PSU LB.

'10 PA LB Mike Hull already committed, the only LB I even care about this year....the only thing that is puzzling to me is the fact that we haven't shown much more interest in Nick Forbes. Then you have freshmen early enrollee Gerald Hodges as a LB/S, if he doesn't lock down a S spot he could find himself at LB if Bowman/Lee are gone after '09 and Mauti/Stupar/Yancich falter for the '10 season.

'10 MI recruit Earnest Thomas who is the same type of prospect...and he is going to visit PSU and try to earn that offer on his appearance - he understands the small class we have and such. I really want us to offer this kid...and I really (personally) want Hodges at S his entire PSU career, as well as Thomas IF we were to offer & IF he were to accept.

You know i was talking about ND right, however you are penn state so you never have to worry about LB, same as ND with TE.

BamaFalcon59
03-19-2009, 01:29 PM

Virginia Tech. didn't either for a while.

He seems to like VT and PSU for their defensive reputations.

P-L
03-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately, I think he's headed to East Lansing.
Yeah, right now we are third on his list. However, we'll see what happens after he visits us for the Spring game. We will probably need an early decision from him to have a chance. Even if Ginn Sr. likes Coach Rod, he is going to push one of his kids towards Dantonio (who is more of a Buckeye than he is a Spartan) before he pushes them this way.

cdub11
03-19-2009, 02:11 PM
DE Reggie Wilson visiting the Texas campus today

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-19-2009, 02:29 PM
You know i was talking about ND right, however you are penn state so you never have to worry about LB, same as ND with TE.

Yeah, I realized you were talking about ND after I had posted my response...LOL. Regardless, I refuse to get worked up over LBs (Fortt) and DLineman (Ego). PSU will be fine at those positions. We've offered '10 MD OT Arie Kouandjio. 6'5 310...kind of the same frame as true sophomore LT DeOn'tae Pannell who is expected to lock down the LT spot for '09. We've never had much luck with kids from DeMatha but I'm hoping that could change with this kid.

PSU has been active these past few days. Couple lineman that weren't really on the radar that much will be visiting within the next month or so (up to the B-W game): '10 State College High OL Jack Deboef (originally from Iowa - 6'8 270), '10 NJ OL Brandon Vitabile, '10 NJ OL Chris Fonti, '10 CT lineman Anthony Marsiglia.

fresssh
03-19-2009, 02:38 PM
William Gholston says that he is going to cut his list to seven within the next couple of weeks. The schools he is sure about are Michigan, Michigan St., Florida, and Miami. He said and maybe Alabama and Notre Dame. Also says that he wants to go to Miami and Alabama spring game.

S Daunte Carr is now starting to get looked at by Miami. Says he was born in Miami and moved when he was 6. Says thats his team and thats who he wants to play for. Says if they offer they will be on top.

ESPforMe
03-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Yeah, right now we are third on his list. However, we'll see what happens after he visits us for the Spring game. We will probably need an early decision from him to have a chance. Even if Ginn Sr. likes Coach Rod, he is going to push one of his kids towards Dantonio (who is more of a Buckeye than he is a Spartan) before he pushes them this way.
I thought Anderson has said that he actually won't be transfering to Glenville?

It does seem like he's going to MSU though. Of course, this far out you never know.

wicket
03-20-2009, 02:35 AM
To my liking there are a lot of reports leaking through that ND might be the team to beat for James Hurst after all, nothing substantial though so it may just be rumours. Seriously though imagine an OT class with Henderson, Hurst and Lombard. Awesomeness all around.

BRAVEHEART
03-20-2009, 02:38 AM
To my liking there are a lot of reports leaking through that ND might be the team to beat for James Hurst after all, nothing substantial though so it may just be rumours. Seriously though imagine an OT class with Henderson, Hurst and Lombard. Awesomeness all around.

I think if Hurst commits then Henderson will go elsewhere.

wicket
03-20-2009, 03:05 AM
I think if Hurst commits then Henderson will go elsewhere.

I dont think that either hurst or henderson would run away from any competition. In intervieuws and stuff they never seemed to be that kinda guy, neither of the two.

BRAVEHEART
03-20-2009, 03:08 AM
I dont think that either hurst or henderson would run away from any competition. In intervieuws and stuff they never seemed to be that kinda guy, neither of the two.

Of course not, but I don't think ND pulls in both.

wicket
03-20-2009, 03:11 AM
Of course not, but I don't think ND pulls in both.

Neither do I, I was just daydreaming. I would be more than happy to get one of the two and get some other of our OLine offers. But we do need one of the two imo. They could really start from in their first, max second year. Only way it would last longer is if Trevor Robinson will be the one winning the LT job this spring.

P-L
03-20-2009, 08:43 AM
I thought Anderson has said that he actually won't be transfering to Glenville?
I stand corrected. His dad was in the process of completing the transfer process until he got talked out of it. I actually just found that out.

bearsfan_51
03-20-2009, 09:28 AM
I really, REALLY, don't think Henderson is going to end up at Notre Dame.

Hines
03-20-2009, 10:40 AM
I really, REALLY, don't think Henderson is going to end up at Notre Dame.

Well duh. He is going to Iowa, remember?

bearsfan_51
03-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Well duh. He is going to Iowa, remember?
That's true. Iowa City. Where all the top recruits go. And by top recruits, I mean 2 stars.

DoWnThEfiElD
03-20-2009, 11:09 AM
That's true. Iowa City. Where all the top recruits go. And by top recruits, I mean 2 stars.

Well by 2 stars you mean 5 stars, because thats what they are, just only the Iowa staff knows that...

Sniper
03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Apparently Seantrel's visiting Michigan this weekend.

JRTPlaya21
03-20-2009, 11:16 AM
What a pickup that would make to jumpstart that class.

Sniper
03-20-2009, 11:26 AM
What a pickup that would make to jumpstart that class.

For Michigan?

1. It's not happening
2. I'm pretty pleased with the class so far. Devin Gardner and Ricardo Miller should be top 100-type players. Jeremy Jackson had offers from Texas and Florida, among others. Jerald Robinson and D.J Williamson all only had the UM offer, but they're still good athletes, and it's important to get Ohio recruits. Antonio Kinard plays a position of need and has a good frame to grow into, and again, he's from Ohio.

P-L
03-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, Henderson is just making the rounds. I doubt this is a serious visit. He visited Michigan State yesterday and is visiting U-M today.

Marino13
03-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah, Henderson is just making the rounds. I doubt this is a serious visit. He visited Michigan State yesterday and is visiting U-M today.

well atleast we got a visit. Who knows, maybe we can pull a shocker. Anthony Lalota wasn't even close to the same case, but when he visited us he was dead set on coming here after most said it was between ND and PSU.

I don't think it's gonna happen, but stranger things have happened.

BamaFalcon59
03-20-2009, 05:19 PM
Anyone know anything on Mark Leal from Delray in Florida?

Apparently we just offered and he might be a lean.

Flowers and Josley, and then Leal and Louis are interested. Nice little pipeline school for a far away school.

I doubt we get Louis, but he has us number two at the moment.

JoeyJr09
03-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Anyone know anything on Mark Leal from Delray in Florida?

Apparently we just offered and he might be a lean.

Flowers and Josley, and then Leal and Louis are interested. Nice little pipeline school for a far away school.

I doubt we get Louis, but he has us number two at the moment.

You have to actually be the top choice for the people at that school to be considered a pipeline.

Getting 2 guys (over a 6 year span) that never got offered by their 1st choice isn't exactly a pipeline. Flowers was recruited thru Hargrave and his other offers were UT and UL. Hosley's next best offer was USF. They never got the home school offers they were waiting on.

Leal is going to be lightly recruited (as far as QBs go) and Louis is likely staying in state. He heavily involved with UF, Miami and USF already and hasnt even been offered by his favorite FSU yet so I'm not sure where your getting that your number 2 there. We might pass tho once we wrap up McCartney and Harris so I guess that could help you.

BRAVEHEART
03-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Joey, what's Luc's top in state schools, and his top out of state?

I'm guessing it's

IS ------------------- OOS
Miami -----------------UGA
FSU--------------------USC
FLA--------------------????

wicket
03-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Joey, what's Luc's top in state schools, and his top out of state?

I'm guessing it's

IS ------------------- OOS
Miami -----------------UGA
FSU--------------------USC
FLA--------------------????

hes had some good contact with nd and really likes the staff, i think we wont get him or even come that close but we should at least get a mentino for the oos part.

BRAVEHEART
03-20-2009, 06:27 PM
hes had some good contact with nd and really likes the staff, i think we wont get him or even come that close but we should at least get a mentino for the oos part.

In his most recent interview I don't remember him even mentioning ND, so I don't know. Sounds like a cane all the way, and that's the program he knows the most about. Said he liked Florida and FSU's staff but hasn't really met with anybody (players) etc. Said he has family in georgia, and considered them a likely destination. Put on a big smile once asked about his USC offer, and said that petey asked him if he'd (really) be intrested in leaving the state, and he said yeah.

I believe the USC offer is more of a badge of honor for him, and he'll commit to the canes during or after the summer.

BamaFalcon59
03-20-2009, 06:32 PM
You have to actually be the top choice for the people at that school to be considered a pipeline.

Getting 2 guys (over a 6 year span) that never got offered by their 1st choice isn't exactly a pipeline. Flowers was recruited thru Hargrave and his other offers were UT and UL. Hosley's next best offer was USF. They never got the home school offers they were waiting on.

Leal is going to be lightly recruited (as far as QBs go) and Louis is likely staying in state. He heavily involved with UF, Miami and USF already and hasnt even been offered by his favorite FSU yet so I'm not sure where your getting that your number 2 there. We might pass tho once we wrap up McCartney and Harris so I guess that could help you.

- We're getting kids to go out of state. Pipeline enough for me. Obviously we're not going to surpass UF, UM, or FSU in state. If we can have half the success in Florida that Ohio State is having with non big 3 kids, I'd be estatic. We get most of our kids in state, with Maryland and the Carolinas behind that. Getting 1-2 kids out of Florida a year would be nice.

- He's not getting offered by the big 3 most likely, but he has a decent offer sheet (Oregon, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Virginia Tech., Rutgers, Vandy, FIU), and is our third QB offer. We're taking two. We must see something in him.

- Louis mentions us even when we aren't brought up. This is the only non subscriber article I can find, and it says we are 'right behind the Gators'.

http://www.soflafootball.com/homepage-hot-news/louis-has-early-leader

I'm guessing you have a rivals account, and in other articles he talks about us. In an article from the UF site he discusses us, which is a bit unusual considering we were the only other school mentioned.

I think he ends up at UF, maybe FSU if they offer. I'd say we will stay in the running, but fall out due to a run oriented offense.

ToldLikeItIs
03-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Is it my fault we're the team to beat as of now? No. Live with it.

bearsfan_51
03-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Is it my fault we're the team to beat as of now? No. Live with it.
You're either pulling a great joke on everyone, or you're ********.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 12:22 AM
At this point I consider Luc a pretty strong Miami lean. But FSU is running 2nd. And UGA third. Thats about where I would end it as far as realistic options. Debating the rest seems pointless as he doesnt look even remotely likely to end up anywhere else.

BRAVEHEART
03-21-2009, 12:30 AM
At this point I consider Luc a pretty strong Miami lean. But FSU is running 2nd. And UGA third. Thats about where I would end it as far as realistic options. Debating the rest seems pointless as he doesnt look even remotely likely to end up anywhere else.

So florida is out of it (in your eyes)?

ToldLikeItIs
03-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Neither. That's what I'm told. Sorry?

BamaFalcon59
03-21-2009, 08:49 AM
It would a tough pull, but if Virginia Tech. got JR Ferguson I would be a very happy man. He and his father had an interview with our Rivals guy and his dad seemed to like us, especially our defense. Still doubt we get him.

Zack McCray---Nick Acree---JR Ferguson---Alfe Hill

We have at least a shot with all four. Would be the best DL class in the nation.

I expect two of the four (Acree and McCray), but even that is good.

TexasKing007
03-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but Reggie Wilson officially gave a verbal to Texas on his second visit here.

He was down to Texas and TCU before he made the announcement.

That gives us 21 commits now and all our needs have been covered.

We are still in the running for some big time blue chips like Seastrunk, Jeffcoat, and Darius White.

I'm pretty sure we are giving up on DeMarco Cobbs. He just hasn't been able to get down to our campus.

Jake Matthews seems a little interested but I don't think we pull that one out.

And Jordan Hicks may be slipping away. I don't know that officially but it's going to be hard to recruit him out of Ohio St's backyard if we can't get him down here soon.

bearsfan_51
03-21-2009, 11:41 AM
That gives us 21 commits now and all our needs have been covered.
21 commits already, all of them from Texas. **** you guys.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 11:54 AM
- We're getting kids to go out of state. Pipeline enough for me. Obviously we're not going to surpass UF, UM, or FSU in state. If we can have half the success in Florida that Ohio State is having with non big 3 kids, I'd be estatic. We get most of our kids in state, with Maryland and the Carolinas behind that. Getting 1-2 kids out of Florida a year would be nice.

- He's not getting offered by the big 3 most likely, but he has a decent offer sheet (Oregon, Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Virginia Tech., Rutgers, Vandy, FIU), and is our third QB offer. We're taking two. We must see something in him.

- Louis mentions us even when we aren't brought up. This is the only non subscriber article I can find, and it says we are 'right behind the Gators'.

http://www.soflafootball.com/homepage-hot-news/louis-has-early-leader

I'm guessing you have a rivals account, and in other articles he talks about us. In an article from the UF site he discusses us, which is a bit unusual considering we were the only other school mentioned.

I think he ends up at UF, maybe FSU if they offer. I'd say we will stay in the running, but fall out due to a run oriented offense.

Theres a bunch of articles all over rivals where Vt is the 4th or 5th school mentioned out of all his top 5. Have yet to see an article where he just talks about VT. He always talks about all the schools and VT is an "oh and by the way" type of comment at the end.

The Gator article where he mentions VT has very little to do with VT. He mentioned Hosley and how he is friends with them and talks about Holsey's recruitment but never does he in anyway shape or form says hes interested for any reason other then visiting Hosley.

"I would really like to play with him again but it really doesn't matter in the end," Louis said. "When I go on a visit up there, he and I spoke already and he said when I go up there he'll show me a good time.

What about that quote makes it seem like he is interested in VT. Sounds like he wants a free trip to hang with his boy.

Anyways, I'm just not getting the whole pipeline thing or the getting even half of the players from Florida then OSU gets. In the past 5 years, you've gotten 3 kids that you actually recruited in the state of Florida. (Not counting Flowers because you recruited him thru Hargrave in VA where obviously you do very well) And the other guys were barely recruited except for Holsey who even him didnt have many big offers. How exactly is that anywhere on track to getting half of what OSU does?

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 11:55 AM
So florida is out of it (in your eyes)?

They would be running 4th but they arent recruiting him hard anyways. Combination of taking a small LB class that's already almost complete and knowing when to cut their losses.

wicket
03-21-2009, 12:13 PM
can a texas guy tell me anything about caleb lavey, he visited nd yesterday and had 200!!!! tackles last season. I know he plays weak competition and everything but surely weak is only relative in texas

BigJohn98
03-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Louis Nix will be at FSU's Junior Day today. Hopefully Odell can do some work on this kid.

I expect a few commitments. One should be Christian Green.

Marino13
03-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Henderson is not the only big time recruit in Ann Arbor this weekend. Cull Christian made the visit, and while he won't commit now he says that it will take a lot for him not to be a Wolverine. Will Gholston also took another unofficial to Michigan and will also be at the Michigan Spring game. He's highly interested in Greg Robinson's system.

bearsfan_51
03-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Henderson is not the only big time recruit in Ann Arbor this weekend. Cull Christian made the visit, and while he won't commit now he says that it will take a lot for him not to be a Wolverine. Will Gholston also took another unofficial to Michigan and will also be at the Michigan Spring game. He's highly interested in Greg Robinson's system.

I'd be surprised if Christian doesn't go to Michigan. They're really going to benefit this year from OSU's limited scholarship offers. Michigan is going to be able to tap that state of Ohio and Western Pennsylvania for players that would likely have gone to Ohio State in the past. Essentially they are competing with Pittsburgh, Michigan State, Maryland, Illinois, and West Virginia for those guys. With the pull of Michigan and R-Rod's connections to those areas you've gotta like their odds.

Don't see it with Henderson though.

cdub11
03-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but Reggie Wilson officially gave a verbal to Texas on his second visit here.

Huge Pickup... Darius White is next imo :D

TigerBait45
03-21-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm more than okay with Texas filling up early and closing up shop. It allows LSU to go head to head with the Aggies around Houston and East Texas, and I"ll take our chances there better than with UT.

Lache Seastrunk and Jackson Jeffcoat were both at LSU today, btw, along with a handful of other guys (Trevon Reed, DeMarco Cobbs maybe..Justin Maclin I think). I can't really remember all of them but that was the gist of it.

Kind of surprised to see Jeffcoat make it down; we're probably not even in his top 5

BRAVEHEART
03-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm more than okay with Texas filling up early and closing up shop. It allows LSU to go head to head with the Aggies around Houston and East Texas, and I"ll take our chances there better than with UT.

Lache Seastrunk and Jackson Jeffcoat were both at LSU today, btw, along with a handful of other guys (Trevon Reed, DeMarco Cobbs maybe..Justin Maclin I think). I can't really remember all of them but that was the gist of it.

Kind of surprised to see Jeffcoat make it down; we're probably not even in his top 5

Same here, makes it easy knowing what texas can't take.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Louis Nix will be at FSU's Junior Day today. Hopefully Odell can do some work on this kid.

I expect a few commitments. One should be Christian Green.

Not at all worried about FSU. Barely any chance to pull Nix from us. UF is the only school that worries me.

VoteLynnSwan
03-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Neither. That's what I'm told. Sorry?

face it man... your "sources" are never right... they must be the worst in the business.

BamaFalcon59
03-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Theres a bunch of articles all over rivals where Vt is the 4th or 5th school mentioned out of all his top 5. Have yet to see an article where he just talks about VT. He always talks about all the schools and VT is an "oh and by the way" type of comment at the end.

The Gator article where he mentions VT has very little to do with VT. He mentioned Hosley and how he is friends with them and talks about Holsey's recruitment but never does he in anyway shape or form says hes interested for any reason other then visiting Hosley.

What about that quote makes it seem like he is interested in VT. Sounds like he wants a free trip to hang with his boy.

Anyways, I'm just not getting the whole pipeline thing or the getting even half of the players from Florida then OSU gets. In the past 5 years, you've gotten 3 kids that you actually recruited in the state of Florida. (Not counting Flowers because you recruited him thru Hargrave in VA where obviously you do very well) And the other guys were barely recruited except for Holsey who even him didnt have many big offers. How exactly is that anywhere on track to getting half of what OSU does?

I said if we could become half of what OSU is in Florida I would be happy. I then said 1-2 kids per year would be fine. That is realistic.

Of course Louis is going to say it doesn't matter. Very rarely do kids say they are a true package deal.

As for the Gator article, that's my point. If we are being brought up in opposing site interviews, and are the lone other school mentioned, that isn't a bad sign.

I haven't seen us mentioned as fourth or fifth. Maybe when discussing a top 5, but that isn't to say it was in numerical order.

I feel good about our chances if FSU doesn't offer. I expect Florida to get him, but they could always cool on one another. If Mark Leal commits, then that only helps our chances.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 02:20 PM
I said if we could become half of what OSU is in Florida I would be happy. I then said 1-2 kids per year would be fine. That is realistic.

Of course Louis is going to say it doesn't matter. Very rarely do kids say they are a true package deal.

As for the Gator article, that's my point. If we are being brought up in opposing site interviews, and are the lone other school mentioned, that isn't a bad sign.

I haven't seen us mentioned as fourth or fifth. Maybe when discussing a top 5, but that isn't to say it was in numerical order.

I feel good about our chances if FSU doesn't offer. I expect Florida to get him, but they could always cool on one another. If Mark Leal commits, then that only helps our chances.

He didn't bring you up in the Gator article. He was asked about Hosley's recruitment would affect him and he gave a response. And VT was mentioned at the very bottom of the article after all the UF talk and talk about his entire top 5 including guys like Miami, USF and LSU. VT was brought up at the tail end after every other school had been addressed.

This is all a huge leap anyways. Just an Rivals alone here are the articles and who is mentioned:

Sept 1Crabtree article. He names a top 5 of UCF, USF, Miami, Florida and Florida State
Sept 11 FIU article. He talks about FIU, GT, Alabama, Louisville, South Florida.
Feb 12VT article. He talks about VT and specifically points UF, FSU and Miami as the ones he has most interest in.
Feb 17 Gator article. Names a top 5 of UF, LSU, Miami, South Florida and Virginia Tech. Talk alot about UF and a brief quote on Holsey being at VT.
March 13 LSU article. Talks about LSU and FSU.
March 16 Newberg article. re-names his top 5 of UF, LSU, Miami, South Florida and Virginia Tech.

With all those article and all the different schools he talks about, the only ones with any sort of consistent mention are UF, FSU and Miami. How you can grasp at one straw from one brulb about his ex-teammate in a UF article and gauge that you have a great chance is beyond me.

Not to mention, here is what he said about VT:

Virginia Tech has a little spread game with four wide receivers and a good quarterback.

That tells you how much he watches VT. They aren't a spread team, rarely use 4 WRs and have one of the worst QBs from a purely passing standpoint in the entire nation. He knows zero about yuou guys except them his ex-teammate goes there.

BamaFalcon59
03-21-2009, 02:41 PM
He didn't bring you up in the Gator article. He was asked about Hosley's recruitment would affect him and he gave a response. And VT was mentioned at the very bottom of the article after all the UF talk and talk about his entire top 5 including guys like Miami, USF and LSU. VT was brought up at the tail end after every other school had been addressed.

This is all a huge leap anyways. Just an Rivals alone here are the articles and who is mentioned:

Sept 1Crabtree article. He names a top 5 of UCF, USF, Miami, Florida and Florida State
Sept 11 FIU article. He talks about FIU, GT, Alabama, Louisville, South Florida.
Feb 12VT article. He talks about VT and specifically points UF, FSU and Miami as the ones he has most interest in.
Feb 17 Gator article. Names a top 5 of UF, LSU, Miami, South Florida and Virginia Tech. Talk alot about UF and a brief quote on Holsey being at VT.
March 13 LSU article. Talks about LSU and FSU.
March 16 Newberg article. re-names his top 5 of UF, LSU, Miami, South Florida and Virginia Tech.

With all those article and all the different schools he talks about, the only ones with any sort of consistent mention are UF, FSU and Miami. How you can grasp at one straw from one brulb about his ex-teammate in a UF article and gauge that you have a great chance is beyond me.

Not to mention, here is what he said about VT:

That tells you how much he watches VT. They aren't a spread team, rarely use 4 WRs and have one of the worst QBs from a purely passing standpoint in the entire nation. He knows zero about yuou guys except them his ex-teammate goes there.

Look, I've heard from better sources than you that he has legitimate interest in us.

First off, two of those articles are null and void. The September 12 article discussed us offering. We have been in 3/4 articles since offering, along with the one I posted.

VT is no longer an I formation team. Not a spread, but not an I. We run a lot of three wide, and go shotgun a lot. We have been putting in more spread elements and will likely continue to do so. I'm sure we are selling that to him.

As far as Tyrod, I think he'll be MUCH better this season. Besides that, players across the nation still like him and he often times talks to players on visits. They don't view him or his play as a detractor, more as an attractor.

And Hosley knew very little about us until we offered in late December, besides that his friend Brandon Flowers went there and had a lot of success. We pulled him.

Having Josley is a big pull, and Leal would only strengthen our cause.

Again, I don't think we get him. But we're up there.

sbh15
03-21-2009, 02:44 PM
James Louis is a Gator if we want him. We're looking for a few better pulls right now though. Once Texas finishes things with Darius White, Markieth Ambles knocks us out officially, etc., we'll probably end up taking him, as we're hoping for five receivers IIRC.

On an unrelated note, I'd expect Jaylen Watkins to commit by summer.

BamaFalcon59
03-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I expect him to be a Gator. But I think we're top 3 and a legitimate possibility if you guys pass on him or a rift forms.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Look, I've heard from better sources than you that he has legitimate interest in us.

First off, two of those articles are null and void. The September 12 article discussed us offering. We have been in 3/4 articles since offering, along with the one I posted.

VT is no longer an I formation team. Not a spread, but not an I. We run a lot of three wide, and go shotgun a lot. We have been putting in more spread elements and will likely continue to do so. I'm sure we are selling that to him.

As far as Tyrod, I think he'll be MUCH better this season. Besides that, players across the nation still like him and he often times talks to players on visits. They don't view him or his play as a detractor, more as an attractor.

And Hosley knew very little about us until we offered in late December, besides that his friend Brandon Flowers went there and had a lot of success. We pulled him.

Having Josley is a big pull, and Leal would only strengthen our cause.

Again, I don't think we get him. But we're up there.

Again with the backhanded insults.

Can you ever have a conversation without being a child?

I never said he didn't have legit interest in you. I simply said you were overblowing the interest when you said you were running 2nd for him. Your not running 2nd. In fact, it's a longshot for him to even leave the state. Your blind if you don't see that.

P-L
03-21-2009, 03:31 PM
can a texas guy tell me anything about caleb lavey, he visited nd yesterday and had 200!!!! tackles last season. I know he plays weak competition and everything but surely weak is only relative in texas
He's a pretty strong U-M lean at this point, imo. His dad was an equipment manager for us in the late 70's and he's been a fan all his life.

P-L
03-21-2009, 03:35 PM
They're really going to benefit this year from OSU's limited scholarship offers.
Hell yes we are! I'm elated that Ohio State isn't going to have room for guys like Jerald Robinson, Skylar Schofner, and Derrick Bryant. Ohio is pretty stacked this year. OSU picked a bad year to have limited scholarships.

BamaFalcon59
03-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Again with the backhanded insults.

Can you ever have a conversation without being a child?

I never said he didn't have legit interest in you. I simply said you were overblowing the interest when you said you were running 2nd for him. Your not running 2nd. In fact, it's a longshot for him to even leave the state. Your blind if you don't see that.

You are absolutely insane. I never insulted you. People who have talked to him are better than you to trust on the subject. You are just one of those people who are looking to be insulted to be the center of attention.

And you are blind, seeing how I've said I don't expect to get him in every single post I've made on the subject.

ToldLikeItIs
03-21-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm right at least 15% of the time.

Sniper
03-21-2009, 05:04 PM

...which means you're wrong 85% of the time. Solid percentage.

duckseason
03-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Georgia OT Jawuan James is currently in Eugene on an unofficial.

Also, it appears we lead (http://oregon.scout.com/2/849332.html) for Miami Central WR Josh Reese.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 05:37 PM
You are absolutely insane. I never insulted you. People who have talked to him are better than you to trust on the subject. You are just one of those people who are looking to be insulted to be the center of attention.

And you are blind, seeing how I've said I don't expect to get him in every single post I've made on the subject.

There's no need for the "I have better sources then you". That's an insult to my intelligence. You can simply say I have good sources. Period. No need to belittle the information I have on my side.

And I see you you never said you are getting him. But you did say you are running 2nd which is clearly what I pointed out that I was debating with you about.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 05:37 PM

A majority of people on this board and picks schools for recruits off the top of their head and get more then 15% right.

Sniper
03-21-2009, 05:39 PM
A majority of people on this board and picks schools for recruits off the top of their head and get more then 15% right.

A blind and ******** monkey could pick around 15%.

BamaFalcon59
03-21-2009, 05:43 PM
There's no need for the "I have better sources then you". That's an insult to my intelligence. You can simply say I have good sources. Period. No need to belittle the information I have on my side.

And I see you you never said you are getting him. But you did say you are running 2nd which is clearly what I pointed out that I was debating with you about.

I didn't mean to insult your intelligence. I was saying that people have spoken to him and get the vibe that he is interested.

And as I said, we have been mentioned in all but one article since we offered. The ones prior to offering don't matter.

Tyrod is a draw, despite not so amazing passing thus far. Although I do expect that to change.

And again, Hosley was the same way. He didn't know much about us, other than that his friend Brandon Flowers had a great career here and we put DBs in the NFL. And we didn't offer until late December. Pulling Leal and already having Josley is a draw.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-21-2009, 05:43 PM
No offense to UM fans with regard to Buc, or whatever the hell he calls himself...but it is much easier to get kids from PA when they don't have offers from PSU, ND, tOSU...I mean he doesn't even have a verbal offer from any of those schools.

I'm not worried if UM gets his commitment, could be a kid that makes you look real stupid 2-3 years from now (RS/1 year development - RS - 2 years development) and ends up as a 2-3 year starter, but maybe not. I can't even decipher who are CB prospects are for this year, there are really only three, with one being the only likely prospect to land at CB if he were to commit (only has a verbal offer); CT RB Silas Redd, OH ATH Braylon Heard (maybe a CB)& CA WR Kenny Stills.

I can already see from a mile away what Bob L./Pitt fans are doing with OL Miles D. & ATH/WR Kevin Weatherspoon...it really is ridiculous. Pitt fans always seem to talk trash on this so I figured I'd just get out in front on it...nothing against him....kid is a fantastic ATH, he has all the necessary physical tools but he has started for 1 year in H.S. and was a track guy, + Michigan is by far his best offer, it really isn't even close...

BamaFalcon59
03-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Lemarcus Joyner has rediculous closing speed, that first clip on his highlights is insane.

Sniper
03-21-2009, 05:49 PM
No offense to UM fans with regard to Buc, or whatever the hell he calls himself...but it is much easier to get kids from PA when they don't have offers from PSU, ND, tOSU...I mean he doesn't even have a verbal offer from any of those schools.

OH ATH Braylon Heard (maybe a CB)

No offense to PSU fans with regard to fake Braylon, but it is much easier to get kids from OH when they don't have offers from UM, ND, tOSU...I mean he doesn't even have a verbal offer from any of those schools.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 05:49 PM
A blind and ******** monkey could pick around 15%.

Didnt we establish a long time ago that Told IS a blind and ******** monkey?

Sniper
03-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Lemarcus Joyner has rediculous closing speed, that first clip on his highlights is insane.

Ridiculous, not rediculous. However, you're right. His closing speed is off the charts. He does appear to be a headcase, though.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 05:54 PM
I didn't mean to insult your intelligence. I was saying that people have spoken to him and get the vibe that he is interested.

And as I said, we have been mentioned in all but one article since we offered. The ones prior to offering don't matter.

Tyrod is a draw, despite not so amazing passing thus far. Although I do expect that to change.

And again, Hosley was the same way. He didn't know much about us, other than that his friend Brandon Flowers had a great career here and we put DBs in the NFL. And we didn't offer until late December. Pulling Leal and already having Josley is a draw.

Agreed. I just dont think you are currently in the position you think you are in. You certainly have a legit chance. I seriously doubt he ever gets that written offer from Miami. So that helps ur cause. But your still have to hope UF hits on their tops targets and pass on him and that FSU doesn't put that offer out there for you to really be in the drivers seat. Ur the darkhorse right now if things fall into place. I just don't agree with the assessment you made earlier that you were running 2nd. Ur a 4th option right now. You just have the luck that the 1st 3 options might never give him the chance.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Ridiculous, not rediculous. However, you're right. His closing speed is off the charts. He does appear to be a headcase, though.

If LaMarcus Joyner was 2 inches taller, he'd be the number 1 player in this class. No doubt in my mind. The more I see his tape, the more it stands out from the crowd.

But he's got PJ/BB written all over him.

JRTPlaya21
03-21-2009, 05:57 PM
Wasn't the U in his top 5 joey if I recall correctly?

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Wasn't the U in his top 5 joey if I recall correctly?

For Joyner?

We are the only school that's never been in his top 5. Which is what makes me think that we have a better shot then most realize.

He's named like 3-4 different leaders and he's had close to 10 different schools in his top 5 are various points in time.

Except Miami.

I just find it very odd. Even kids like Sabino that everyone knew wasnt coming to Miami still had his at the top just because we are the home school. The fact that he seems to go completely out of his way to not even mention us makes me feel like he's trying to hide that interest so he can drum up other schools around the nation in order to get visits and make a mess of things.

Not expecting to land him. I just don't buy that we aren't even a option for him which is what hes trying to sell.

Sniper
03-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Joyner's uncle is a huge 'Cane fan. I really doubt he's not in Lamarcus' ear about the U.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Joyner's uncle is a huge 'Cane fan. I really doubt he's not in Lamarcus' ear about the U.

He's a huge UF fan. Not a Cane fan.

But regardless, the kid has already been to Cane practices and is friends with Cane players. You honestly tell me he's thought about ND or UCF more then Miami? Yea ok.

Sniper
03-21-2009, 06:09 PM
He's a huge UF fan. Not a Cane fan.

Could have fooled me...

BamaFalcon59
03-21-2009, 06:11 PM

I make that typo a lot, just a habit.

BamaFalcon59
03-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Agreed. I just dont think you are currently in the position you think you are in. You certainly have a legit chance. I seriously doubt he ever gets that written offer from Miami. So that helps ur cause. But your still have to hope UF hits on their tops targets and pass on him and that FSU doesn't put that offer out there for you to really be in the drivers seat. Ur the darkhorse right now if things fall into place. I just don't agree with the assessment you made earlier that you were running 2nd. Ur a 4th option right now. You just have the luck that the 1st 3 options might never give him the chance.

I meant out of his current options. I would say third definitely among his top choices, behind FSU and UF. UM I haven't heard as much about, so I'm not sure.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Could have fooled me...

He trains kids down here and has helped send a few of them to UF. He's got ties with the coaches in the UF program. Maybe he roots for the Canes and just does business with UF? I dunno the deal but I know initially alot of people were worried about him sending LeMarcus to UF because he has already sent kids there.

Sniper
03-21-2009, 06:15 PM
He trains kids down here and has helped send a few of them to UF. He's got ties with the coaches in the UF program. Maybe he roots for the Canes and just does business with UF? I dunno the deal but I know initially alot of people were worried about him sending LeMarcus to UF because he has already sent kids there.

I lurk on BuckeyePlanet since they have good recruiting info. A guy who says he's Joyner's uncle posts on there, and he's definitely pro-Miami.

JoeyJr09
03-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I lurk on BuckeyePlanet since they have good recruiting info. A guy who says he's Joyner's uncle posts on there, and he's definitely pro-Miami.

Has anyone been about to confirm hes the uncle? Or are people just taking his word for it?

Usually the stuff gets out (look at RR's bro last year) and we've heard nothing of it.

And I've heard from numerous people that his Uncle is Pro-UF.

BadHabitz
03-21-2009, 07:11 PM
It was confirmed that it is actually his uncle because they were able to get a short six question interview from Joyner.

JRTPlaya21
03-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Oh that's interesting.

keylime_5
03-21-2009, 07:17 PM
genron (poster on Buckeyeplanet and Bucknuts and BSB) is definitely the uncle. He even posted a picture of himself. Bill Greene and some other guys from BSB have met and hung out with Joyner's uncle and they confirm that he does post on those boards.

Joyner caught Jaamal Berry from behind on a long run last season. Berry runs a 4.3 forty yard dash. It's on the highlight reel too, just watch for when they play Palmetto and he makes that tackle on #5.

wicket
03-21-2009, 07:18 PM
antony barrs uncle will be one of the honorary coaches in our spring game, could help seeing so close how we treat our alumns. Im hoping he commits quick, the guy is a beast.

BigJohn98
03-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Jarred Haggins, Chris Dunkley, De'Joshua Johnson, and Kenny Shaw will be visiting next weekend. Huge weekend.

VoteLynnSwan
03-21-2009, 10:18 PM

we'll certainly see, because i'll be keeping track... i don't know why you think 15% is even a passable figure though... that's awful.

Hollywood
03-21-2009, 10:22 PM

:rolleyes:

How exactly is he a headcase??

sbh15
03-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Jarred Haggins, Chris Dunkley, De'Joshua Johnson, and Kenny Shaw will be visiting next weekend. Huge weekend.

I hear Florida is separating themselves from FSU with Dunkley... Any news on your end?

BigJohn98
03-21-2009, 10:37 PM
I have not heard a thing on him.

JayP
03-21-2009, 11:13 PM
antony barrs uncle will be one of the honorary coaches in our spring game, could help seeing so close how we treat our alumns. Im hoping he commits quick, the guy is a beast.

I've read in a couple of spots that Barr is a bit put off by being considered an ND lock due to his family ties, but not so put off that the Irish aren't high on his list. I wouldn't call him a lock yet, but I'd definitely say he's ND's to lose.

I'd consider it a good spring game recruiting-wise if Tai-lor Jones and Denzel McCoy both committed...a great one if those two committed along with Blake Lueders, Khari Fortt, and David Amerson.

wicket
03-22-2009, 02:45 AM
I've read in a couple of spots that Barr is a bit put off by being considered an ND lock due to his family ties, but not so put off that the Irish aren't high on his list. I wouldn't call him a lock yet, but I'd definitely say he's ND's to lose.

I'd consider it a good spring game recruiting-wise if Tai-lor Jones and Denzel McCoy both committed...a great one if those two committed along with Blake Lueders, Khari Fortt, and David Amerson.

the bolded ones wont happen since fortt is going to psu the week after the b&g game and jones already anounced that he will commit on his birthday somewhere in mid june or mid july.

Ive said somewhere else that I can see us getting anything from two (lueders and amerson will commit anyway i believe) to six (add montana, boyd, riggs and carter to the list) commits, mccoy would be possible but a bit early I think.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-22-2009, 05:01 AM
No offense to PSU fans with regard to fake Braylon, but it is much easier to get kids from OH when they don't have offers from UM, ND, tOSU...I mean he doesn't even have a verbal offer from any of those schools.

Christian *claims* offers from; Michigan, Maryland, Illinois, Pitt, Central Michigan

Heard *claims* offers from; PSU, Nebraska , WVU, Cincinnati, Michigan State, Akron, Maryland, Vanderbilt, North Carolina State and a few others.

Just a preemptive strike...I usually reserve bragging about OOS recruiting until the prospect you snag has those in-state offers and/or big time offers from the region....RR will obviously have success in PA, while he was at WVU the state of PA was just too close, and too fertile not to invest time. Also keep in mind with regard to Braylon Heard, I never implied that we were going into OH and taking kids that tOSU or anyone else wants, just a kid from a school that PSU does well that...that's all. I don't go around bragging about the fact that we took 5'11 218 RB/FB/LB Brandon Beachum out of Mooney...he had big offers but didn't have an offer from tOSU, so they must not have wanted him...I can live with that.

Now that RR is at Michigan though, he can close his eyes and point anywhere at a map of the US and go recruit....hardly the case when he first got to WVU. And I understand what he is trying to do in OH, and I'm not saying you shouldn't be excited about the kids you're getting/will get, but the simple truth is they didn't have tOSU offers. And it isn't like PSU has never gone the teammate route, or tried to funnel kids from the same school...we certainly have. We have two pairs of teammates just from this past class, surprisingly all for the secondary (S Malcolm Willis/CB Darrell Givens - ATH/CB Derrick Thomas/CB Stephon Morris).

It isn't a big deal, and this is an unusually low schollie year for tOSU so who knows what would've happened if they had their full allotment of ships, but at the same time it will pay off sooner or later as you'll get a few kids that did have tOSU offers...then you're making noise in OH. But just remember...tOSU didn't want those kids. And if you get a kid from PA or OH with a PSU offer, it was only a verbal offer, and we didn't want them either. :cool: