PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Sniper
03-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Christian *claims* offers from; Michigan, Maryland, Illinois, Pitt, Central Michigan

Heard *claims* offers from; PSU, Nebraska , WVU, Cincinnati, Michigan State, Akron, Maryland, Vanderbilt, North Carolina State and a few others.

Just a preemptive strike...I usually reserve bragging about OOS recruiting until the prospect you snag has those in-state offers and/or big time offers from the region....

If you could point out said "bragging", that'd be peachy.

RR will obviously have success in PA, while he was at WVU the state of PA was just too close, and too fertile not to invest time. Also keep in mind with regard to Braylon Heard, I never implied that we were going into OH and taking kids that tOSU or anyone else wants, just a kid from a school that PSU does well that...

It was a play on your Michigan in PA comment. You put down Michigan for a pretty damn similar situation to yours. It's not hard to get a kid from Ohio if he doesn't have offers from Ohio State, Michigan and ND.

that's all. I don't go around bragging about the fact that we took 5'11 218 RB/FB/LB Brandon Beachum out of Mooney...he had big offers but didn't have an offer from tOSU, so they must not have wanted him...I can live with that.

Ohio State isn't always right. Let's stop making them out to be the Holy Grail of football.

Now that RR is at Michigan though, he can close his eyes and point anywhere at a map of the US and go recruit....hardly the case when he first got to WVU. And I understand what he is trying to do in OH, and I'm not saying you shouldn't be excited about the kids you're getting/will get, but the simple truth is they didn't have tOSU offers. And it isn't like PSU has never gone the teammate route, or tried to funnel kids from the same school...we certainly have. We have two pairs of teammates just from this past class, surprisingly all for the secondary (S Malcolm Willis/CB Darrell Givens - ATH/CB Derrick Thomas/CB Stephon Morris).

The teammate route got Michigan a lot of talented players this past year. The only possible one that wouldn't have received an offer if it weren't for his more-talented teammate was Deerfield Beach, Florida CB Adrian Witty.

It isn't a big deal, and this is an unusually low schollie year for tOSU so who knows what would've happened if they had their full allotment of ships, but at the same time it will pay off sooner or later as you'll get a few kids that did have tOSU offers...then you're making noise in OH. But just remember...tOSU didn't want those kids. And if you get a kid from PA or OH with a PSU offer, it was only a verbal offer, and we didn't want them either. :cool:

Michigan's always "made noise" in Ohio. No one claimed these kids had OSU offers. I don't really give a flying **** who offers these guys. If the coaching staff feels the kid is good enough to merit an offer, then I'm cool with it. I love that you try to paint PSU as this high and mighty program, leagues ahead of Michigan. It took the worst Michigan team ever for you to snap your losing streak against Michigan. Don't get a big head from it.

etk
03-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Joyner caught Jaamal Berry from behind on a long run last season. Berry runs a 4.3 forty yard dash. It's on the highlight reel too, just watch for when they play Palmetto and he makes that tackle on #5.

Not surprising. Berry's game speed doesn't even come close to matching his timed speed.

keylime_5
03-22-2009, 11:49 AM
you won't be saying that after he runs all over the 'canes in a couple years :p

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-22-2009, 01:00 PM
You've got spunk...LOL. Regardless, I was right about Cullen Christian. Just read his comments post-Michigan (Sam Webb), kid is getting weary because he can see that other big time offers aren't coming. No worries, I'm not getting a big head because of PSU beating UM this past season, I was speaking to one recruit, nothing about either respective universities football program.

FWIW, I'm not willing to give RR the benefit of the doubt with regard to PA recruiting, that was pretty much my whole point...lets wait and see if he lands any kids holding committable offers from PSU, tOSU or ND. Everyone (tOSU, UM, ND, Pitt) loves to brag about who they get out of PA, but the reality is that the kids they've gotten over the past 5-6 years haven't done crap. Over that same time period we've had Odrick, Paxson, Connor, Lee, Posluszny, King, Shipley, Reed, Wisniewski, Morelli, Devlin (transfer), Lawlor, etc. Anyone can just recruit WPA, Pitt does it every year and gets kids that none of the big time programs care about.

Hopefully PSU can make int two in a row, I've been hearing that Tate is trigger shy thus far. :)

BamaFalcon59
03-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Apparently Armide Olaniyan committed today. Neither Virginia Tech. nor Virginia offered him.

BamaFalcon59
03-22-2009, 01:36 PM
He committed to Duke.

Sniper
03-22-2009, 01:49 PM
He committed to Duke.

That's embarrassing for Michigan. They offered him. Fairly decent offer sheet, though.

JoeyJr09
you won't be saying that after he runs all over the 'canes in a couple years :p

Berry's not even big enough to run over small CBs. He has to rely on running by people.

Sniper
Hopefully PSU can make int two in a row, I've been hearing that Tate is trigger shy thus far. :)

Odd, because every report I've read indicates that he's miles ahead of Sheridan (for whatever that's worth) and just needs to learn more of the playbook.

Sniper
03-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Berry's not even big enough to run over small CBs. He has to rely on running by people.

He's Maurice Wells 2.0.

keylime_5
03-22-2009, 01:55 PM

I don't mean literally of course. All over the field.

keylime_5
03-22-2009, 01:56 PM
He's Maurice Wells 2.0.

Maurice Drew 2.0 :p

Sniper
03-22-2009, 02:04 PM
Maurice Drew 2.0 :p

Uh huh. :rolleyes: I wasn't overly impressed with any of OSU's RB commits last year, but I think I prefer Carlos Hyde to Berry and Jordan Hall.

What's OSU's deal with Darryl Baldwin?

keylime_5
03-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Baldwin might commit to Ohio State today. I don't know for sure, the whole facebook hearsay thing isn't very reliable if you ask me.

JoeyJr09
03-22-2009, 02:09 PM
He's Maurice Wells 2.0.

I dunno if Keylime will remember but that was he same exact comment I made to him when Berry committed to OSU.

keylime_5
03-22-2009, 02:22 PM
If M.Wells had better vision and a thicker frame then maybe, but I think Berry is gonna be a whole lot better than that bust. I could probably tackle freakin' Mo Wells.

ironman4579
03-22-2009, 02:40 PM
. Everyone (tOSU, UM, ND, Pitt) loves to brag about who they get out of PA, but the reality is that the kids they've gotten over the past 5-6 years haven't done crap. Over that same time period we've had Odrick, Paxson, Connor, Lee, Posluszny, King, Shipley, Reed, Wisniewski, Morelli, Devlin (transfer), Lawlor, etc. Anyone can just recruit WPA, Pitt does it every year and gets kids that none of the big time programs care about.

Chad Henne?

Race for the Heisman
03-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Chad Henne?

Or Terrelle Pryor?

keylime_5
03-22-2009, 03:07 PM
yeah, I think Pryor, Bell, and Corey Brown might buck that trend.

BRAVEHEART
03-22-2009, 04:03 PM
I can't wait till the summer, recruiting is boring right now.

ironman4579
03-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Or Terrelle Pryor?

I was just looking at Michigan, but yea there's obviously more than just Henne.

VoteLynnSwan
03-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I can't wait till the summer, recruiting is boring right now.

unless you're a Texas fan... 21 commits already... ridiculous.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-22-2009, 04:30 PM
yeah, I think Pryor, Bell, and Corey Brown might buck that trend.

You guys gotta stop questioning me, and pointing out facts, I'm just digging deeper. :eek:

UGH...Henne was like a freaking curse to the PSU program while at Michigan, I don't even want to get started with that recruitment. For the most part, kids from PA that have gone to UM or tOSU have been inconsequential with regard to PSU. The Kates, Clemon's, Slocum's, Lyon's, Mitchum's, Skinner's, Miller's, Blankenship's, and Roger's of the world haven't really aided UM or tOSU.

I would never imply this will continue with Pryor, Bell, Brown, Stokes, Sweat, Hall...although I'm not as high on Hall, I think he is going to get lost in the mix at tOSU. You would have to be oblivious to think this batch will follow a similar trend, and even then I don't think you could actually believe it.

tOSU has pulled a different caliber of PA recruit these past two classes, not even comparable to what they used to get out of PA post E. George...couldn't even compare to KiJana Carter, Chafie Fields, OJ McDuffie, Joe Jurevicious, Curtis Enis, Jeff Hartings, etc.

BRAVEHEART
03-22-2009, 04:33 PM
unless you're a Texas fan... 21 commits already... ridiculous.

but they're probably bored now too.

TexasKing007
03-22-2009, 04:52 PM
but they're probably bored now too.

Some of em' get bored but I don't get it.

I would rather have 21 locked up than have 7 locked up and still be fighting for 14.

We are in a position now where all we have to concentrate on is the remaining big time targets (Seastrunk, Jeffcoat, D. White).

Who knows? Maybe we will even have a shot at Jordan Hicks if he can wait for us to get on top of his recruiting.

wicket
03-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Some of em' get bored but I don't get it.

I would rather have 21 locked up than have 7 locked up and still be fighting for 14.

We are in a position now where all we have to concentrate on is the remaining big time targets (Seastrunk, Jeffcoat, D. White).

Who knows? Maybe we will even have a shot at Jordan Hicks if he can wait for us to get on top of his recruiting.

if only he was closer to his dad :(

Sniper
03-22-2009, 05:15 PM
UGH...Henne was like a freaking curse to the PSU program while at Michigan, I don't even want to get started with that recruitment. For the most part, kids from PA that have gone to UM or tOSU have been inconsequential with regard to PSU. The Kates, Clemon's, Slocum's, Lyon's, Mitchum's, Skinner's, Miller's, Blankenship's, and Roger's of the world.

One day, my son, you shall learn the art of apostrophes in plural words. You make me sad by mentioning Kates, Slocum and Clemons. None are with the program. So much potential...

JoeyJr09
03-22-2009, 07:10 PM
If M.Wells had better vision and a thicker frame then maybe, but I think Berry is gonna be a whole lot better than that bust. I could probably tackle freakin' Mo Wells.

So your saying Berry has a thicker frame them Wells?

JoeyJr09
03-22-2009, 08:28 PM
pretty solid source over at Canesport guarantees that Khalid Marshall, Tony Grimes and Penial Jean will be in this class if offered.

Grimes is seemingly the only one that could get an offer soon. Marshall shouyld get one a little later in the process guys like Riggs and Brooks shut the door on us like I'm expecting to happen.

Don't think Jean will ever get one. He's like a Richard Leonard or Ravonne Carter IMO.

Getting Grimes and Marshall would be solid but I'd like a top tier guys like Joyner, Mathis, or Riggs to go with them.

keylime_5
03-22-2009, 10:08 PM
So your saying Berry has a thicker frame them Wells?

Jaamal is built like a runningback. 5'9"ish and Tressel said they're gonna have him play around 205 lbs. He looked solid and compact from the film I've seen and in the UA game. Mo was skinny (not big boned at all) at 5'10"/190...and that's just his body, his skills were even worse than his frame. But I gotta give Wells credit for sticking around and not giving up after all the guys that passed him up on the depth chart in the 4 years he was in Columbus seeing playing time.

Hines
03-22-2009, 10:13 PM
One day, my son, you shall learn the art of apostrophes in plural words. You make me sad by mentioning Kates, Slocum and Clemons. None are with the program. So much potential...

Whoa, when did Tony Clemons leave?

Sniper
03-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Whoa, when did Tony Clemons leave?

He will in the very near future. I can't really blame him. He's buried on the depth chart at outside WR with guys like Greg Mathews, Junior Hemingway, LaTerryal Savoy, Daryl Stonum, Roy Roundtree etc...ahead of him, not to mention incoming guys like Je'Ron Stokes and Cam Gordon wanting PT too, and his skillset doesn't match the slot position for Michigan. Plus, there's no way he'd get PT at slot with Martavious Odoms, Terrence Robinson, Michael Shaw etc...all better fits for those two spots.

Hines
03-22-2009, 10:46 PM
He will in the very near future. I can't really blame him. He's buried on the depth chart at outside WR with guys like Greg Mathews, Junior Hemingway, LaTerryal Savoy, Daryl Stonum, Roy Roundtree etc...ahead of him, not to mention incoming guys like Je'Ron Stokes and Cam Gordon wanting PT too, and his skillset doesn't match the slot position for Michigan. Plus, there's no way he'd get PT at slot with Martavious Odoms, Terrence Robinson, Michael Shaw etc...all better fits for those two spots.

Dang. I think he has a boat load of potnetial. A big, fast reciever does not come very often. Any idea on where he is going to go?

Sniper
03-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Dang. I think he has a boat load of potnetial. A big, fast reciever does not come very often. Any idea on where he is going to go?

He's not very fast.

The transfer hasn't been announced yet, so no, no idea.

CC
03-22-2009, 11:30 PM
I can't believe Savoy is still kicking around. He has been at UM forever (not that we would be crushed if he left).

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-23-2009, 02:19 AM
One day, my son, you shall learn the art of apostrophes in plural words. :) :) :) You make me sad by mentioning Kates, Slocum and Clemons. None are with the program. So much potential...

:) :) :)

wicket
03-23-2009, 05:13 AM
the new scout rankings are interesting. I like their five stars. A lot ND targets in there. Even quite a few that i think we end up getting. My of the top 100 we end up getting about 10. We already have three committed and are in good shape for about 15 of the remaining 21 where we are listed as a school of interest. Going .500 on there would lead to 10. I would be thrilled with that result. My guess for ND's 10 out of scouts top 100 (pure speculation!!!)
Committed Smith Martin and Lombard (dont see us losing one of those tbh)
the other 7:Herderson Hurst Barr Odighizuwa (shaun) lewis fiedorowicz jones
tough losses(guys we are in to the end but I now project we dont get aka the other .500 of my 15): Prater Hicks Parker Heaps Riley Ferguson Jefferson Linder James Benedict Stone
Guys that list us as a school on interest but that we will never get imo: Lemonier Kohler Luc McCay

JRTPlaya21
03-23-2009, 06:18 AM
the new scout rankings are interesting. I like their five stars. A lot ND targets in there. Even quite a few that i think we end up getting. My of the top 100 we end up getting about 10. We already have three committed and are in good shape for about 15 of the remaining 21 where we are listed as a school of interest. Going .500 on there would lead to 10. I would be thrilled with that result. My guess for ND's 10 out of scouts top 100 (pure speculation!!!)
Committed Smith Martin and Lombard (dont see us losing one of those tbh)
the other 7:Herderson Hurst Barr Odighizuwa (shaun) lewis fiedorowicz jones
tough losses(guys we are in to the end but I now project we dont get aka the other .500 of my 15): Prater Hicks Parker Heaps Riley Ferguson Jefferson Linder James Benedict Stone
Guys that list us as a school on interest but that we will never get imo: Lemonier Kohler Luc McCay

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=88&yr=2010

Sniper
03-23-2009, 06:56 AM
fiedorowicz Henderson

Poor guy. He doesn't even know they're headed to Iowa. :D

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Paul Jones in the top 25 of the top 100, #3 QB in the nation. :) I also find it comical that Mike Hull is too small for the rivals 100 list, but is #43 on the scout 100, and the #2 MIDDLE LB in the nation....scout must actually be capable of watching film. Good start for PSU.

P-L
03-23-2009, 08:58 AM
That's embarrassing for Michigan. They offered him. Fairly decent offer sheet, though.
Are you sure you're not confusing Aramide with C.J.? I just don't understand how Aramide committing to Duke is embarrassing for us. Kid is from Virginia and U-M didn't even get on him until earlier this month.

Marino13
03-23-2009, 09:02 AM
just to let you know Sniper, Michigan has made up ground will Will Gholston according to Rivals. The guy is in love with Greg Robinson. He'll be back for the spring game as wel

Sounds like he really wants to visit as many schools as possible as he'll be going to Iowa next month, and wants to get to PSU,OSU, and Wisconsin.

Not saying we're pulling him away from MSU, but he's not as much of a Sparty lean as some think.

No word on how Henderson's visit went, but he is very close with Antonio Bass who was with him during the visit.

cdub11
03-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Good to see Scout give DT Taylor Bible and S Ahmad Dixon 5 stars

JoeyJr09
03-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Tyrone Cornelius, Mike Thornton, Jeffrey Godfrey, Tai-Ler Jones, Lynden Trail, Jose Jose, Eduardo Clements, Quinton Dunbar, Mose Countryman, Colton Odom, Louis Nix, Tavadis Glenn, Alec Ogletree, Jakhari Gore all confirmed by our rivals guy as visitors for our spring game.

Should be at least 1 commit (Randy won't let any more then that go public, he rarely does). But Cornelius, Trail, Jose, Glenn, Ogletree and Gore are all considered Miami leans. Plus Clements and Godfrey are pretty easy targets and Nix and Dunbar are already committed.

VoteLynnSwan
03-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Kyle Prater is the number 1 WR in the country according to scout... he's a big time player that Illinois really needs to keep in state. We can't lose in state guys when they're this good.

Hopefully i'll be able to go see Prater play this year. Proviso West is in the same conference as my former High School... he's gonna rape us.

wicket
03-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Kyle Prater is the number 1 WR in the country according to scout... he's a big time player that Illinois really needs to keep in state. We can't lose in state guys when they're this good.

Hopefully i'll be able to go see Prater play this year. Proviso West is in the same conference as my former High School... he's gonna rape us.

nope he needs to come to ND although as long as corey cooper stays committed that will help you a long way.

P-L
03-23-2009, 11:44 AM
just to let you know Sniper, Michigan has made up ground will Will Gholston according to Rivals. The guy is in love with Greg Robinson. He'll be back for the spring game as well.
It's still going to be hard to land him if his coach is going to follow him everywhere.

I love Kyle Prater. He's probably my favorite player in this class. For U-M's sake, I hope he stays away from the Big Ten and Notre Dame.

Hines
03-23-2009, 12:06 PM

He is going to Penn State! ;)

Sniper
03-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Are you sure you're not confusing Aramide with C.J.? I just don't understand how Aramide committing to Duke is embarrassing for us. Kid is from Virginia and U-M didn't even get on him until earlier this month.

Because a recruit that Michigan offered went to ******* Duke. That's why it's embarrassing. I could see it if it were hoops, but football?

just to let you know Sniper, Michigan has made up ground will Will Gholston according to Rivals. The guy is in love with Greg Robinson. He'll be back for the spring game as wel

Sounds like he really wants to visit as many schools as possible as he'll be going to Iowa next month, and wants to get to PSU,OSU, and Wisconsin.

Not saying we're pulling him away from MSU, but he's not as much of a Sparty lean as some think.

Maybe he'll be the next LaMarr Woodley with his recruitment. IIRC, LaMarr was a huge MSU lean as well. Thanks for the update.

No word on how Henderson's visit went, but he is very close with Antonio Bass who was with him during the visit.

I wish Antonio wouldn't have shredded his knee. :(

Tai-ler Jones seems pretty deadset on Georgia.

wicket
03-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Because a recruit that Michigan offered went to ******* Duke. That's why it's embarrassing. I could see it if it were hoops, but football?

Maybe he'll be the next LaMarr Woodley with his recruitment. IIRC, LaMarr was a huge MSU lean as well. Thanks for the update.

I wish Antonio wouldn't have shredded his knee. :(

Tai-ler Jones seems pretty deadset on Georgia.

ND is by no means out of that race.

Hines
03-23-2009, 12:51 PM
C.J. Olaniyan enjoyed his Penn State visit. I hope we could at least come close to landing him, but I see this a UM-MSU battle. He will visit Iowa next. His coach thinks that he will commit during or just after his senior season.

P-L
03-23-2009, 01:38 PM
C.J. Olaniyan enjoyed his Penn State visit. I hope we could at least come close to landing him
What effect does this have? In recruiting if you are not first, you're last.

djp
03-23-2009, 01:43 PM
What affect does this have? In recruiting if you are not first, you're last.

I like to picture my Jesus as wearing one of those tuxedo t-shirts that says, "I wanna be formal.... but I'm also here to party."

BRAVEHEART
03-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I like to picture my Jesus as wearing one of those tuxedo t-shirts that says, "I wanna be formal.... but I'm also here to party."

wrong thread?

iowatreat54
03-23-2009, 01:54 PM
wrong thread?

He's connecting P-L's comment to another quote from that great movie.

Btw, all of everyone's top targets are going to Iowa.

BRAVEHEART
03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
He's connecting P-L's comment to another quote from that great movie.

Btw, all of everyone's top targets are going to Iowa.

That makes sense.

Sniper
03-23-2009, 02:16 PM

"You can't have two #1s."
"Nope, that makes 11."

keylime_5
03-23-2009, 02:45 PM
What effect does this have? In recruiting if you are not first, you're last.

that doesn't even make any sense at all...you could be 2nd, 3rd, 4th....hell, you can even be 5th

P-L
03-23-2009, 02:56 PM
that doesn't even make any sense at all...you could be 2nd, 3rd, 4th....hell, you can even be 5th
What I am saying is that there is no difference between 2nd and 5th. It doesn't matter if you almost get a player. The end result for the school coming in 2nd is the same as the school who came in 120th.

keylime_5
03-23-2009, 03:16 PM
yeah, just playing along with djp, quoting the great Reese Bobby.

I see scout finally put out their top 100. Jordan Hicks, Jamel Turner, Andrew Norwell all 5 stars, top 20 players, nice.

bigbenn
03-23-2009, 03:40 PM

Don't worry...it was over before it started. Also, a ND fan mentioned Prater, I'm not going to sit here and say having Corey Cooper doesn't help, but Prater is going to Illinois regardless.

wicket
03-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Don't worry...it was over before it started. Also, a ND fan mentioned Prater, I'm not going to sit here and say having Corey Cooper doesn't help, but Prater is going to Illinois regardless.

Sorry but no, I was the fan mentioning ND but we are a player for him and illinois might have a small lead for him (imo as long as cooper remains committed otherwise they lose the lead in my book) this is far from a foregone conclusion. Illinois is not that kinda state or school and basicly based on interviews prater is not that kinda kid. Besides that there are plenty of other schools still in it.

BamaFalcon59
03-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Nick Dew is a heavy Virginia Tech. lean, we like him at safety. 6'2" 195 4.4.

Watching his film, his closing speed is silly.

Hines
03-23-2009, 07:47 PM

You are the Illinois' Told. I feel confident now that Kyle Prater is not going to Illinois now. You are almost as wrong as Told.

JRTPlaya21
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Nick Dew is a heavy Virginia Tech. lean, we like him at safety. 6'2" 195 4.4.

Watching his film, his closing speed is silly.

Sounds like a good pickup to me.

BamaFalcon59
03-23-2009, 07:59 PM
It will be. The guy hits like a truck and closes like a hawk! Haha.

kwilk103
03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
ga qb blake sims top 3----michigan (qb), wvu (qb), uga (wr/db)

qb ricardo young top 2---vt, wvu; hes good friends with deon long, and really likes beatty, but vt has no one behind tyrod, and he would be a senior when young is a freshman; think he goes vt

BamaFalcon59
03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
ga qb blake sims top 3----michigan (qb), wvu (qb), uga (wr/db)

qb ricardo young top 2---vt, wvu; hes good friends with deon long, and really likes beatty, but vt has no one behind tyrod, and he would be a senior when young is a freshman; think he goes vt

He's our main quarterback target. We'll probably get him, like you said.

Hines
03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Va Tech should bring in 2 quarterbacks then if they get Young. That dude is rail thin and would get snapped in half by one decent hit.

BamaFalcon59
03-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Va Tech should bring in 2 quarterbacks then if they get Young. That dude is rail thin and would get snapped in half by one decent hit.

We're bringing in two either way.

Young and either Leal or Henderson is the most likely scenario.

Marino13
03-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Cullen Christian got a UCLA offer, but he said unless a school really blows him out of the water, he's Michigan. He said he was going to commit to the Maize and Blue over the weekend, but he was told to wait and see how recruiting picks up. Otherwise, he'll probably commit before the summer.

Marvin Robinson is helping Ricardo Miller recruit players for Michigan so he'll probably be a Wolverine.

Fred Jackson and Austin White are also forming a really tight bond and are becoming tight. White is more than likely Sparty, but still newsworthy.

sbh15
03-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm hearing UGA is making a heavy push for Mack Brown, he might even be leaning there.

Not sure if I buy it, Florida was so strong with this kid at the beginning.

ESPforMe
03-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Cullen Christian got a UCLA offer, but he said unless a school really blows him out of the water, he's Michigan. He said he was going to commit to the Maize and Blue over the weekend, but he was told to wait and see how recruiting picks up. Otherwise, he'll probably commit before the summer.

Marvin Robinson is helping Ricardo Miller recruit players for Michigan so he'll probably be a Wolverine.

Fred Jackson and Austin White are also forming a really tight bond and are becoming tight. White is more than likely Sparty, but still newsworthy.

Yeah, I loved hearing Robinson and Miller are calling up Anderson. :D

bigbenn
03-23-2009, 09:52 PM
You are the Illinois' Told. I feel confident now that Kyle Prater is not going to Illinois now. You are almost as wrong as Told.

Not even...it's not my fault the team underachieved and there was a couple of staff changes. I guess I should stop talking in absolutes concerning certain players (Mostly out of state) but Prater and Cooper will be Illini. No doubt about that.

Sniper
03-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Not even...it's not my fault the team underachieved and there was a couple of staff changes. I guess I should stop talking in absolutes concerning certain players (Mostly out of state) but Prater and Cooper will be Illini. No doubt about that.

Like Melvin Fellows and Marcus Hall were going to be Illini? :D

bigbenn
03-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Sorry but no, I was the fan mentioning ND but we are a player for him and illinois might have a small lead for him (imo as long as cooper remains committed otherwise they lose the lead in my book) this is far from a foregone conclusion. Illinois is not that kinda state or school and basicly based on interviews prater is not that kinda kid. Besides that there are plenty of other schools still in it.

There's a difference in what is said in interviews and in person. Think of Kyle Prater as a Martez Wilson situation. Corey Cooper being commited to Illinois helps but even if he wasn't Prater would still come to Illinois. One thing I will say about Prater though is that he has that state pride. He's big on that...

iowatreat54
03-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Can anyone from Georgia or familiar with that area tell me anything about QB Hutson Mason from Marietta, GA? We just became his first offer, but he has interest from a lot of schools (USC East, Tenn, Vandy, Purdue) and he just scheduled a spring visit. He has no stars right now, so just wondering what he looks like and if Iowa has any chance with him. Thanks.

Hines
03-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Like Melvin Fellows and Marcus Hall were going to be Illini? :D

Also how Jelani Jenkins was going to be be Illini and going to take a visit?

JayP
03-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Also how Jelani Jenkins was going to be be Illini and going to take a visit?

Just to pile on...

Chris Watt had eliminated ND and was going to be Illini
Eric Shrive almost committed on his visit.
Kraig Appleton and Craig Drummond were locks.

The list goes on and on....

There's a difference in what is said in interviews and in person. Think of Kyle Prater as a Martez Wilson situation.

So he'll blurt out something similar to "it wasn't the money" and have more people questioning UI?

Corey Cooper being commited to Illinois helps but even if he wasn't Prater would still come to Illinois. One thing I will say about Prater though is that he has that state pride. He's big on that...

Link? You're not the most reliable person on these things, you know.

ToldLikeItIs
03-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Will Gholston visiting April 11
Cj Olaniyan visiting next weekend

VoteLynnSwan
03-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Just to pile on...

The list goes on and on....

So he'll blurt out something similar to "it wasn't the money" and have more people questioning UI?

i won't defend any of the other predictions... but Appleton committed to Illinois, but got into some off the field issues, and never actually had a LOI from Illinois...

Drummond tried to enroll early at Illinois but wasn't accepted because of a communication class or something of the sort. He then decided that he didn't want to deal with that, so he signed with an SEC school.

Shrive "almost" committing isn't necessarily something that can be proven he was wrong about either... it's pretty irrelevant either way, although he did predict Shrive to Illinois, so you could have used that.

ToldLikeItIs
03-24-2009, 01:49 AM
News..

AJ Derby has been offered by Florida. He's going to end up top 50, minimum. Still a Hawk.
Blake Bell is visiting soon.
Isaiah Lewis, Austin Gray, Brandon Scherff could all be commiting soon.
Cj Fied will be in town in the next two weeks.
Marlandez Harris is close to an offer.

bigbenn
03-24-2009, 07:24 AM
Just to pile on...

Uh...both Appleton and Drummond commited. It's not my fault Drummond got mad because he couldn't enroll early when he was TOLD that it'll be a long shot (Due to all the correspondence he took) and it's not my fault Appleton went and got arrested, his mom wanted him to get out of state, etc. That's the reason he couldn't play in the Army game.

I never said Watt was going to Illinois. Never...not once. At a time chances looked like they went up but I never sat there and said "Watt is going to Illinois.". Eric Shrive silently commited on his trip, then commited to PSU out of nowhere...and he STILL was going to come out for a visit to Champaign but he's with PSU now so it doesn't matter.

Jelani Jenkins was VERY VERY interested in Illinois (To the point where they lead) and even when Locks left, they still were telling people they were going to visit Illinois. That's not my fault the season tanked and Locks left. Same with Marcus Hall. You don't know how much pull Eric Wolford had with him and neither did I. After he left I made comments saying such. You can read what you want to read but comprehending is a whole other thing.

And BTW, Martez blurted that out because there were so many people saying it. He'll speak what's on his mind. ND fans were pissed off that they started spreading the crazy BS (Namely one really crazy basement fan who I think actually got sued or came very close for going way overboard with lies). It's similar to Martez in that you'll hear how everybody is in it, and you may even get a good feeling about your school, but Prater just will keep popping up at Illinois somehow. And it'll be to the point where he'll have to start saying he wasn't there just like Tez was even though he was there every weekend. Heck he already does that somewhat.

Hines
03-24-2009, 09:08 AM
i won't defend any of the other predictions... but Appleton committed to Illinois, but got into some off the field issues, and never actually had a LOI from Illinois...

Drummond tried to enroll early at Illinois but wasn't accepted because of a communication class or something of the sort. He then decided that he didn't want to deal with that, so he signed with an SEC school.

Shrive "almost" committing isn't necessarily something that can be proven he was wrong about either... it's pretty irrelevant either way, although he did predict Shrive to Illinois, so you could have used that.

Shrive hates Illinois now. I think he would've been Illini if they didn't recruit him wrong. I do not know the whole story about what happened, but I guess Zook told Shrive that he hopes he fails at another school, and that got him really pissed off. I have heard bits and pieces, but not the whole story. It is somewhere along those lines.

Uh...both Appleton and Drummond commited. It's not my fault Drummond got mad because he couldn't enroll early when he was TOLD that it'll be a long shot (Due to all the correspondence he took) and it's not my fault Appleton went and got arrested, his mom wanted him to get out of state, etc. That's the reason he couldn't play in the Army game.

I never said Watt was going to Illinois. Never...not once. At a time chances looked like they went up but I never sat there and said "Watt is going to Illinois.". Eric Shrive silently commited on his trip, then commited to PSU out of nowhere...and he STILL was going to come out for a visit to Champaign but he's with PSU now so it doesn't matter.

Jelani Jenkins was VERY VERY interested in Illinois (To the point where they lead) and even when Locks left, they still were telling people they were going to visit Illinois. That's not my fault the season tanked and Locks left. Same with Marcus Hall. You don't know how much pull Eric Wolford had with him and neither did I. After he left I made comments saying such. You can read what you want to read but comprehending is a whole other thing.

And BTW, Martez blurted that out because there were so many people saying it. He'll speak what's on his mind. ND fans were pissed off that they started spreading the crazy BS (Namely one really crazy basement fan who I think actually got sued or came very close for going way overboard with lies). It's similar to Martez in that you'll hear how everybody is in it, and you may even get a good feeling about your school, but Prater just will keep popping up at Illinois somehow. And it'll be to the point where he'll have to start saying he wasn't there just like Tez was even though he was there every weekend. Heck he already does that somewhat.

Do you have a link to where Jenkins was a lean toward Illinois? From what all I read, he was either Florida or Penn State for months.

TigerBait45
03-24-2009, 11:21 AM
Miami guys, what about Corvin Lamb?

There was an article about him on Scout that LSU guys are getting excited about, but I see Miami Northwestern by his name and assume the U has the inside track there.

P-L
03-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Miami guys, what about Corvin Lamb?

There was an article about him on Scout that LSU guys are getting excited about, but I see Miami Northwestern by his name and assume the U has the inside track there.
Same here. I know U-M offered Lamb and OL Wilson but I just assumed they were Miami bound.

Hollywood
03-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Same here. I know U-M offered Lamb and OL Wilson but I just assumed they were Miami bound.

Chances are that Miami will not offer Lamb (WVU would not surprise me) and he goes elsewhere, but Wilson is Miami all the way.

TigerBait45
03-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Interesting. He's small as hell but that dude can run, holy crap.

JoeyJr09
03-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Interesting. He's small as hell but that dude can run, holy crap.

Poster on another MB is actually a volunteer at MNW. He says Lamb is the only player that isnt even getting mail from us. We have Bernard, Clements, Gainer, Johnson, Gore and possibly Wright and Williams on the board ahead of Lamb. And thats just South Florida RBs. Lamb wants to go to the Gators but doesnt have an offer from them either so he could bolt. Ive long liked Michigan for Lamb but Im not sure if the interest is mutual. I know he likes WVU.

Wilson is all Miami. Hes just sight seeing.

OregonDucks
03-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Anyone know what oregons chances might be with getting these big time recruits now that we have Chip kelly at the HC position? Do guys shy away because it is his first year or do guys fall in love with his offense and jump on the wagon off the bat? Thanks guys!

Hines
03-24-2009, 01:45 PM
South Carolina DE/TE Justin Henderson has Penn State in his top 3. Our Scout guy said that if we wanted him, he would be ours.

Hollywood
03-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Anyone know what oregons chances might be with getting these big time recruits now that we have Chip kelly at the HC position? Do guys shy away because it is his first year or do guys fall in love with his offense and jump on the wagon off the bat? Thanks guys!

I don't know about Kelly's recruiting aptitude but I do know from following this game for a long time that you will often see an excellent class in a coach's first year as the head guy as it is easier to sell recruits on your grandiose ideas and the pitch that they need players to fit their new system and they will play right away...It's the first year bump.

It's also one of the reasons I think Tennessee will have the #1 class in the nation for 2010.

BigJohn98
03-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Lakeland Kathleen safety Chad Abrams commited to FSU today.

bigbenn
03-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Shrive hates Illinois now. I think he would've been Illini if they didn't recruit him wrong. I do not know the whole story about what happened, but I guess Zook told Shrive that he hopes he fails at another school, and that got him really pissed off. I have heard bits and pieces, but not the whole story. It is somewhere along those lines.

Do you have a link to where Jenkins was a lean toward Illinois? From what all I read, he was either Florida or Penn State for months.

Wow I didn't know that. I kind of find it hard to believe. Maybe Zook was mad because I know Shrive committed silently for a fact. Still no need for those comments though. Wow...maybe different wording?

And no I don't have a link it's inside word my man (Insert your joke here LOL).

bigbenn
03-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Poster on another MB is actually a volunteer at MNW. He says Lamb is the only player that isnt even getting mail from us. We have Bernard, Clements, Gainer, Johnson, Gore and possibly Wright and Williams on the board ahead of Lamb. And thats just South Florida RBs. Lamb wants to go to the Gators but doesnt have an offer from them either so he could bolt. Ive long liked Michigan for Lamb but Im not sure if the interest is mutual. I know he likes WVU.

Wilson is all Miami. Hes just sight seeing.

I read a article on the Illinois Rivals site that Lamb was going to get a Illinois offer. Then someone said he was a stud kick returner and combine warrior only to this point. How much of this is true Miami guys?

JoeyJr09
03-24-2009, 04:31 PM
09 WVU commit D. Hargrett was the MNW starter at RB last year. Lamb has yet to play at RB at MNW. He was purely a KR last year.

He should start this season but will likely share some carries with 2011 stud Isreal Linder.

But I dont think hes looking at all at Illinois. UF, WVU and UM are the frontrunners by alot.

ESPforMe
03-24-2009, 06:59 PM
About Corvin Lamb..

Last update I saw he said Michigan was in the lead. We'll see how that goes.

BamaFalcon59
03-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Virginia Tech. is going to have some upset kids or parents somewhere. QBs Mark Leal, Ricardo Young, Gabriel Henderson, and Robert Boldin are all interested, and we're the clear leader for the first three in my opinion. Henderson has no offer, only a verbal. If these guys want to be in the class they need to commit soon. I hope this turns out well.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-25-2009, 10:32 AM
As far as I can tell, these will be the PSU visitors for the upcoming weekend:

-PA OT Eric Shrive ('09 commit/LOI received)
-PA LB Mike Hull (committed)

-PA ATH Chad Hagan (no offer)
-PA DE/OLB Kenny Wilkins (no offer)
-PA ATH/WR Alex Kenney
-PA DE/OLB Dakota Royer (just friday)
-NY OL/DL DaQuan Jones (just friday) (no offer)
-NY DE Dominique Easley & 2 coaches (no offer)
-NJ TE Kevin Haplea
-CT ATH Christon Gill (no offer)
-CT RB Silas Redd

**SUPPOSEDLY** CT OL Marsiglia (forget his first name - no offer), NJ OL Dan Foose (no offer) & NJ OL Chris Fonti (no offer).

JoeyJr09
03-25-2009, 11:10 AM
Wow I didn't know that. I kind of find it hard to believe. Maybe Zook was mad because I know Shrive committed silently for a fact. Still no need for those comments though. Wow...maybe different wording?

And no I don't have a link it's inside word my man (Insert your joke here LOL).

Problem with inside sources is they are too quick to report what they here. They get all excited over some news they get, reoprt it on a MB and then end up with egg on their face before the situation plays out.

Newbs24
03-25-2009, 11:22 AM
If we can grab Godfrey and Lamb with Robinson and Wood from FLA, I would be very happy. Possibly grab a lineman from down there too because those kids are just ridiculous athletes for that size.

DoWnThEfiElD
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
We may be able to get two of those guys.

etk
03-25-2009, 01:44 PM
If we can grab Godfrey and Lamb with Robinson and Wood from FLA, I would be very happy. Possibly grab a lineman from down there too because those kids are just ridiculous athletes for that size.

Meh. FL offensive linemen are so so. FSU, Miami and UF have all struggled with offensive line play recently. Defensive line, on the other hand.....

iowatreat54
03-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Any of you Florida guys, what's the deal with St. Thomas Aquinas RB with the last name White (can't remember his first name). He has a handful of bigger school offers, including Iowa, but none from the big 3 in Florida I don't think. Is he just not as good as the other prospects the Florida schools want or what?

Hollywood
03-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Any of you Florida guys, what's the deal with St. Thomas Aquinas RB with the last name White (can't remember his first name). He has a handful of bigger school offers, including Iowa, but none from the big 3 in Florida I don't think. Is he just not as good as the other prospects the Florida schools want or what?

It's a strange situation with White because he actually is the backup on his HS team, to Gio Bernard. The big three are zoning in on Bernard too, and while White isn't getting much attention right now I know there are some who say he may be the better prospect at the next level. Definitely a sleeper that I think will make some team up north very happy, he is a bruiser.

JoeyJr09
03-25-2009, 03:28 PM
White is a backup. Fringe 2 star guy. Isnt gonna get recruited by any huge name programs.

I disagree with Hollywood on White. If you suck in HS ur likly hoodof blowing up in college is extremely low.

If you cant start in HS (or even see much PT in this case) ur likely no amounting to anything in college. Coaches find ways to get the good HS players on the field.

JRTPlaya21
03-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Virginia Tech. is going to have some upset kids or parents somewhere. QBs Mark Leal, Ricardo Young, Gabriel Henderson, and Robert Boldin are all interested, and we're the clear leader for the first three in my opinion. Henderson has no offer, only a verbal. If these guys want to be in the class they need to commit soon. I hope this turns out well.

Hope we land one of those guys. Got my eye on Phillip Sims, but who doesn't?

Gchu83
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
I know this news came out last week but Reggie Wilson officially committed to Texas. HUGE pickup for the Horns.

Also, Darius White said that Texas is his current leader (many speculate he'll committ after our Spring Game). White along with one of Seastrunk, Hicks, Jeffcoat, or Cobbs would make this an amazing class.

BamaFalcon59
03-25-2009, 04:18 PM
Hope we land one of those guys. Got my eye on Phillip Sims, but who doesn't?

Yeah Sims would be great, but the odds of him coming here are slim.

Hollywood
03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
White is a backup. Fringe 2 star guy. Isnt gonna get recruited by any huge name programs.

I disagree with Hollywood on White. If you suck in HS ur likly hoodof blowing up in college is extremely low.

If you cant start in HS (or even see much PT in this case) ur likely no amounting to anything in college. Coaches find ways to get the good HS players on the field.

Well I never said I thought he was better than Bernard, only said I know people who think that he is a better NCAA prospect than him. I personally am not that high on Gio but haven't seen enough on White to put him above Gio.

I will say though White is getting plenty of playing time, he rushed for nearly 700 yards and had 13 TDs, so it's not like he is just sitting on the bench. White has great measurables too, D-1 level numbers and Bernard is an outstanding HS back, maybe the best in Broward County since Moss so it's not an insult to back him up and who knows the whole story? Maybe he fumbles too much or struggled in class or is in the coaches doghouse or doesn't block well or something else that can fixed at the next level.

iowatreat54
03-25-2009, 04:53 PM
White has been offered by Iowa, BC, Clemson, Rutgers, NC State, and USF. I wouldn't say huge name programs aren't recruiting him.

(Yes, I know those schools aren't the pinnacle of college football, but all 6 are BCS schools so they are at least big name programs)

JRTPlaya21
03-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Any Auburn fans on here? Is Reggie Hunt going to play this year?

BRAVEHEART
03-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Do any of you guys have info on Homestead DT prospect Michael Dozier? No offers from Miami and florida, but intrests from big schools outside of florida. FSU is interested though.

Hollywood
03-26-2009, 01:44 AM
Do any of you guys have info on Homestead DT prospect Michael Dozier? No offers from Miami and florida, but intrests from big schools outside of florida. FSU is interested though.

I actually like Dozier a lot and know scouts around here are high on him also. Great power, great hands and he is extremely quick off the ball. I don't foresee UM offering him though, put him in that list of extremely talented "b" level player right now that has the tools necessary to be a star at the next level. It's so stupid how deep and talented South Florida is this year.

Is USC recruiting him?

BRAVEHEART
03-26-2009, 02:27 AM
I actually like Dozier a lot and know scouts around here are high on him also. Great power, great hands and he is extremely quick off the ball. I don't foresee UM offering him though, put him in that list of extremely talented "b" level player right now that has the tools necessary to be a star at the next level. It's so stupid how deep and talented South Florida is this year.

Is USC recruiting him?

One of the few (big) schools that's interested. Only thing that scares me is FSU, they are the in-state team that wants him. I'm surprised that Miami and Florida aren't on him, they said he was DMVP or co-DMVP at the junior combine or something like that. I haven't seen anything on him, but I'm assuming he's good.

JoeyJr09
03-26-2009, 05:05 AM
Pettway and Kitchens are the 2 stars at Homestead. Dozier is a secondary recruit.

The fact that Michael Barrow used to be the HC coach and knows all these kids personally and we still aren't recruiting them says alot to me.

ToldLikeItIs
03-26-2009, 07:21 AM
Again, I will re-iterate..

AJ Derby ends the year as the top QB, a *****, and a Hawkeye.

JoeyJr09
03-26-2009, 08:36 AM
How funny would it be if Derby didnt go to Iowa?

BTW...Im willing to bet he doesnt ever get a 5* or the top QB rating.

JRTPlaya21
03-26-2009, 08:41 AM
I'll also back Joey's bet.

P-L
03-26-2009, 08:51 AM
I'll make it 3-1. No way Derby ever grabs the top quarterback spot. No way.

wicket
03-26-2009, 09:21 AM
4-1 10 char

ToldLikeItIs
03-26-2009, 09:55 AM
How much are we talking about?

It's going to happen.

JoeyJr09
03-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Rivals will never put him ahead of Blake Bell. Theyve been hyping Bell for while.

iowatreat54
03-26-2009, 10:09 AM
One thing we have going for us is that Derby's dad played for Iowa and his older brother is currently a walk-on TE for us. Add the fact that he has been a fan of Iowa his whole life, and hopefully he wants to stay.

However, growing up in Iowa City, he may want change. If anywhere, I would bet Derby would choose Florida. Dan McCarney is supposedly recruiting him heavily and after all, it is Florida. Only thing is they don't want him at QB, where they have 2 highly ranked recruits committed for 09 and 10, and Iowa does want him at QB. That may make a difference.

HindSight
03-26-2009, 10:17 AM
The top QB will never be a commit to Iowa. It doesn't sell subscriptions. Even if he is the most talented....a commit or serious consideration of Iowa will hold him down.

Hollywood
03-26-2009, 10:49 AM
One thing we have going for us is that Derby's dad played for Iowa and his older brother is currently a walk-on TE for us. Add the fact that he has been a fan of Iowa his whole life, and hopefully he wants to stay.

However, growing up in Iowa City, he may want change. If anywhere, I would bet Derby would choose Florida. Dan McCarney is supposedly recruiting him heavily and after all, it is Florida. Only thing is they don't want him at QB, where they have 2 highly ranked recruits committed for 09 and 10, and Iowa does want him at QB. That may make a difference.

If UF wants him I'd be worried. White boys are blown away by Gainesville and with how much UF is winning and Urban Meyer and the McCartney connection to him...Yea...they have a shot.

iowatreat54
03-26-2009, 11:00 AM
If UF wants him I'd be worried. White boys are blown away by Gainesville and with how much UF is winning and Urban Meyer and the McCartney connection to him...Yea...they have a shot.

Yea, that's what I'm worried about. But like I said, it may depend on if AJ wants to play QB. I'm sure Florida might say he will get a shot, but I'm pretty sure they are recruiting him at another position, prolly safety.

I really don't like that McCarney is recruiting him though. Like Bielema, I can't understand how a former player can have so much hate for his alma mater.

ToldLikeItIs
03-26-2009, 11:01 AM
White boys?

Why is that acceptable?

ToldLikeItIs
03-26-2009, 11:02 AM
McCarney doesn't hate his alma mater, and would spurn even Florida for a shot at Iowa in a second.

Treat, your history with the Hawkeyes goes back what..three years?

HindSight
03-26-2009, 11:17 AM
White boys?

Why is that acceptable?
Why wouldn't it be?

Hines
03-26-2009, 12:01 PM
I would never make a kid from Iowa a 5 star, no matter how talented he is. From what film I watched from kids from Iowa, they played against small white kids. I do not like the competition in Iowa, and believe that it is a major downgrade. I also will take the be that AJ Derby will not be a 5* and the to QB. Paul Jones, Trey Burton, Blake Bell, Jake Heaps, Phil Simms, Devin Gardner are just a few kids better than him.

iowatreat54
03-26-2009, 12:12 PM
McCarney doesn't hate his alma mater, and would spurn even Florida for a shot at Iowa in a second.

Treat, your history with the Hawkeyes goes back what..three years?

I meant discontent. Not that he would never come back, but when he is opposing them, like as the coach of Iowa State or going after a higher ranked recruit, I have no doubt in my mind that he would speak poorly of Iowa in order to win.

There is no doubt that Bielema hates Iowa though, haha.

bigbenn
03-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Problem with inside sources is they are too quick to report what they here. They get all excited over some news they get, reoprt it on a MB and then end up with egg on their face before the situation plays out.

Nah I wasn't quick with it at all and I don't regret any of what I said. Between the on the field underachieving and the coaching moves, things just didn't go well for Illinois. It was a huge disappointment coming off a Rose Bowl season.

Sniper
03-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Michigan picks up commitment #7 from Texas RB/Slot Tony Drake. 5'8", 160 pounds, 4.35 40 (fake!). Michigan offered yesterday and he committed today.

So, how about those DTs and LBs, Rich?

HindSight
03-26-2009, 12:41 PM
I think Michigan just offered me by mistake. Who aren't they offering? I mean besides DTs and LBs :p

Sniper
03-26-2009, 12:43 PM
I think Michigan just offered me by mistake. Who aren't they offering? I mean besides DTs and LBs :p

Considering they've offered 90 players, I'd say there are a few who haven't been offered.

kwilk103
03-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Michigan picks up commitment #7 from Texas RB/Slot Tony Drake. 5'8", 160 pounds, 4.35 40 (fake!). Michigan offered yesterday and he committed today.

So, how about those DTs and LBs, Rich?

fwiw, rod did that at wvu also

and if he recruited an athlete, he would always end up onn offense

like brandon hogan; our dc, casteel was excited when we signed him and thought he was getting him; but rod put him at wr

hes now on defense

wicket
03-26-2009, 12:55 PM

like brandon hogan; our dc, casteel was excited when we signed him and thought he was getting him; but rod put him at wr

hes now on defense

with nick sherida prolly with a broken leg and maybe out for the season to much wide receivers wont do him any good since forcier is gonna need some protection otherwise people will break him in half. The kid looked really skinny from what ive seen from him. and i believe they havent gotten much more at qb than that.

steelernation77
03-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I would never make a kid from Iowa a 5 star, no matter how talented he is. From what film I watched from kids from Iowa, they played against small white kids. I do not like the competition in Iowa, and believe that it is a major downgrade. I also will take the be that AJ Derby will not be a 5* and the to QB. Paul Jones, Trey Burton, Blake Bell, Jake Heaps, Phil Simms, Devin Gardner are just a few kids better than him.

Iowa produces its fair share of NFL talent. I think you may be a little too hasty in your judgement. I think a lot of players from Iowa are underrated by recruiting sites like Rivals.

wicket
03-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Iowa produces its fair share of NFL talent. I think you may be a little too hasty in your judgement. I think a lot of players from Iowa are underrated by recruiting sites like Rivals.

but rivals just gets a hard on from the sec. seriously more than 100 players of their 250 are from sec country.

Sniper
03-26-2009, 01:07 PM
with nick sherida prolly with a broken leg and maybe out for the season to much wide receivers wont do him any good since forcier is gonna need some protection otherwise people will break him in half. The kid looked really skinny from what ive seen from him. and i believe they havent gotten much more at qb than that.

Michigan has signed nine offensive linemen in Rodriguez's two classes. (Dann O'Neill, Elliott Mealer, Rocko Khoury, Patrick Omameh, Kurt Wermers and Ricky Barnum in '08, and Michael Schofield, Taylor Lewan and Quinton Washington in '09) All were ranked four stars on one of the two major sites except for Patrick Omameh, and he's a probable starter this year at this moment. Michigan didn't lose any OL from last year. I really don't get your point about Forcier having no protection.

Sheridan isn't even close to out for the season. He's out for the spring. I've never seen anyone with a broken leg miss nine months or so.

Denard Robinson comes in the summer. He'll definitely play.

Sniper
03-26-2009, 01:10 PM

Seems like what's going on at Michigan. Although I don't want some 5'8", 160 pound kid at corner unless he's as good as Boubacar Cissoko.

hes now on defense

I'm willing to give Rodriguez the benefit of the doubt, for now. In all fairness to him, the slot WR is a huge position for his offense and there weren't any on the roster when he got there. I feel like he's got enough now (Martavious Odoms, Terrence Robinson, Michael Shaw, Justin Feagin, Teric Jones, maybe D.J Williamson and now Drake), so hopefully he focuses on DT and MLB.

wicket
03-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Michigan has signed nine offensive linemen in Rodriguez's two classes. (Dann O'Neill, Elliott Mealer, Rocko Khoury, Patrick Omameh, Kurt Wermers and Ricky Barnum in '08, and Michael Schofield, Taylor Lewan and Quinton Washington in '09) All were ranked four stars on one of the two major sites except for Patrick Omameh, and he's a probable starter this year at this moment. Michigan didn't lose any OL from last year. I really don't get your point about Forcier having no protection.

Sheridan isn't even close to out for the season. He's out for the spring. I've never seen anyone with a broken leg miss nine months or so.

Denard Robinson comes in the summer. He'll definitely play.

I want saying Michigans oline is gonna be attrocious but you still might wanna keep some te's in to help sometimes. If the fracture is complicated one can easily lose nine months or more. but i didnt know you had another qb coming as well. I just saw the pictures of forcier and heard his sidekick could lose major time and I thought Oh-Oh. (to be honoust i smiled a little being a ND fan and all but saying that would be mean)

Sniper
03-26-2009, 01:11 PM
but rivals just gets a hard on from the sec. seriously more than 100 players of their 250 are from sec country.

The bulk of the NFL's players are from SEC country. The SEC, while they may have functional retards playing football, does produce good players.

Sniper
03-26-2009, 01:14 PM
I want saying Michigans oline is gonna be attrocious but you still might wanna keep some te's in to help sometimes. If the fracture is complicated one can easily lose nine months or more. but i didnt know you had another qb coming as well. I just saw the pictures of forcier and heard his sidekick could lose major time and I thought Oh-Oh. (to be honoust i smiled a little being a ND fan and all but saying that would be mean)

Michigan has three tight ends that are likely to play this year. Kevin Koger (sophomore), Martell Webb (junior) and Brandon Moore (redshirt freshman), and they're all pretty big.

wicket
03-26-2009, 01:19 PM
The bulk of the NFL's players are from SEC country. The SEC, while they may have functional retards playing football, does produce good players.

but almost half is pushing it in my book. I checked the ratings and compared them to the number of nfl players per state and there really is quite a clear bias in the rivals ratings, the scout ratings are more true to the nfl players numbers. Only Louisiana seems to be sort of proportianate(sp?)

HindSight
03-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Considering they've offered 90 players, I'd say there are a few who haven't been offered.
You don't consider 90 a lot?

Sniper
03-26-2009, 01:29 PM
You don't consider 90 a lot?

I do, but it's not like they've offered everyone in the country. Some of the offers are real longshots too, so it's not like they realistically expect to get them.

HindSight
03-26-2009, 01:35 PM
So you took an obvious joke and pretend like I was being literal.

You must be the life of the party.

Sniper
03-26-2009, 01:39 PM
So you took an obvious joke and pretend like I was being literal.

You must be the life of the party.

Sorry. I've heard every joke about Michigan and its recruiting in the past two years. I'm a little testy.

Hines
03-26-2009, 01:47 PM

Maybe I was a little harsh, but I stand by my statement. I know there are talented kids in Iowa, but it is hard to judge them from the competition that is there.

P-L
03-26-2009, 01:47 PM
90 isn't that much. It's higher than most big programs but it isn't ridiculous by any means. We don't come from a talent rich state like Florida, Texas, California, or Ohio. We also don't dominate our state due to lack of competition and are not an elite program in the country right now.

The reason teams like Ohio State and Texas can be so selective with our offers is because 90% of the kids growing up in Texas rooting for Texas and 95% of the kids growing up in Ohio root for Ohio State. In Michigan, it's a pretty even battle between Michigan and Michigan State fans. We are not in a position to be picky with our offers.

HindSight
03-26-2009, 01:49 PM
90 isn't that much. It's higher than most big programs but it isn't ridiculous by any means. We don't come from a talent rich state like Florida, Texas, California, or Ohio. We also don't dominate our state due to lack of competition and are not an elite program in the country right now.

The reason teams like Ohio State and Texas can be so selective with our offers is because 90% of the kids growing up in Texas rooting for Texas and 95% of the kids growing up in Ohio root for Ohio State. In Michigan, it's a pretty even battle between Michigan and Michigan State fans. We are not in a position to be picky with our offers.
I honestly don't mean any offense by this.....but you're Michigan. I never thought I would live to see the day that excuses replaced the arrogance.

bearsfan_51
03-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Why wouldn't it be?

Cause it's racist?

God...did I just actually agree with Told on something....I need to go shower.

JRTPlaya21
03-26-2009, 01:57 PM
I believe you just did bearsfan. I've done the same thing in the past few days. Crazy huh.

HindSight
03-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Cause it's racist?

God...did I just actually agree with Told on something....I need to go shower.
Not really....but that's a discussion for a different board.

VoteLynnSwan
03-26-2009, 02:09 PM

Iowa isn't know for producing skill position players though. I'm actually curious about the numbers on that.

Sniper
03-26-2009, 03:05 PM
I honestly don't mean any offense by this.....but you're Michigan. I never thought I would live to see the day that excuses replaced the arrogance.

An Ohio State fan commenting on arrogance? My irony meter just exploded.

ToldLikeItIs
03-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Is TE considered a skill position?

The state of Iowa produces kickers, punters, OL, DL, LB, TE, S.

Very few skill positions players, although lately that has really changed. There are quite a few talented up and comers.

P-L
03-26-2009, 03:13 PM
U-M fans are still arrogant, we're just a little less than we were before last season. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

HindSight
03-26-2009, 03:41 PM
An Ohio State fan commenting on arrogance? My irony meter just exploded.
Sense of humor.....get one.

etk
03-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Maybe I was a little harsh, but I stand by my statement. I know there are talented kids in Iowa, but it is hard to judge them from the competition that is there.

It;s unfair to downgrade talent because of the environment. Talent is talent and you evaluate the player, not the opponent.

Strength of competition plays a factor in whether a kid is ready for immediate playing time or needs development, but a 17 year old OL that's big and athletic is just as talented as an equally big and athletic OL from SEC country.

It's the old Arthur Brown vs. Sean Spence argument.

JoeyJr09
03-26-2009, 05:03 PM
There's a difference between being racist and being real.

I don't find anything racist in saying that a majority of white people would prefer a country environment like Gainesville. Just like I think black boys would prefer and urban environment like Miami.

It's not the all be all or an absolute. But there is truth in that statement. I really don't see how its racist. I believe theres been research done on that by the NBA.

JoeyJr09
03-26-2009, 05:06 PM
It;s unfair to downgrade talent because of the environment. Talent is talent and you evaluate the player, not the opponent.

Strength of competition plays a factor in whether a kid is ready for immediate playing time or needs development, but a 17 year old OL that's big and athletic is just as talented as an equally big and athletic OL from SEC country.

It's the old Arthur Brown vs. Sean Spence argument.

I don't think he's arguing that. I think he's saying that you cannot tell if Derby is as talented as the kids from florida or cali because it's hard to judge how good he would be against real top talent.

It's easier to look talented in Iowa then it is to look talented in Fla or Cali.

etk
03-26-2009, 05:08 PM
I don't think he's arguing that. I think he's saying that you cannot tell if Derby is as talented as the kids from florida or cali because it's hard to judge how good he would be against real top talent.

It's easier to look talented in Iowa then it is to look talented in Fla or Cali.

I don't disagree about Derby, because QB is a position where environment (strength of team/opponent) is crucial in the evaluation.

But to say that "no Iowa kid should be a 5-star" is absurd. If Rueben Randle was from Iowa he would still be a 5-star.

bearsfan_51
03-26-2009, 05:18 PM

Unless I misread the statement, it's essentially saying playing against white players isn't a good barometor of judging talent because white players are inherently less talented. That my friend is racist.

As to your comment about community preference, sure there are variables that explain why blacks tend to be more urban and whites tend to be more suburban and rural, but none of them have anything to do with race.

BRAVEHEART
03-26-2009, 05:31 PM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/28633-1/datsracist.gif

Hollywood
03-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Unless I misread the statement, it's essentially saying playing against white players isn't a good barometor of judging talent because white players are inherently less talented. That my friend is racist.

As to your comment about community preference, sure there are variables that explain why blacks tend to be more urban and whites tend to be more suburban and rural, but none of them have anything to do with race.

Yes, you completely misread the statement and I'm not even sure what statement you're looking at.

bearsfan_51
03-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh I was replying to Hines' comments, sorry.

JoeyJr09
03-26-2009, 06:04 PM

Though you were refering to Hollywood's comment about White Boys going to Gainesville which is what Told was refering too.

Hines was talking about Iowa's competition level. I didn't see him mention anything about race playing a factor with that at all.

Nin10Do
03-26-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm reading stuff about Auburn being Seastrunk's favorite. Anybody else know anything about this?

BRAVEHEART
03-26-2009, 06:18 PM
I'm reading stuff about Auburn being Seastrunk's favorite. Anybody else know anything about this?

source/link.

JRTPlaya21
03-26-2009, 06:21 PM
http://auburn.rivals.com/

Michael Dyer is high on them as well.

Hines
03-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Though you were refering to Hollywood's comment about White Boys going to Gainesville which is what Told was refering too.

Hines was talking about Iowa's competition level. I didn't see him mention anything about race playing a factor with that at all.

I did say something about white kids in Iowa. From the highlight videos I have seen, the players were playing white kids who seem to be very overmatched. Same way I feel with Curtis Dukes, a signee with Penn State this past recruiting season. He played very bad competition and most of the kids on his video were white, but he looked like a beast because he was way bigger and faster than everyone else. That's the way I feel about Iowa prospects because of that reason.

Hawk
03-26-2009, 07:19 PM
#8 ranked player on Rivals, OL James Hurst is visiting UT this weekend.

Kiffin said on the Dan Patrick show he was on the phone with a recruit they were close to getting and he was visiting this weekend. We need some bodies to block for TBB.

JRTPlaya21
03-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Hope yall land him Hawk.

JoeyJr09
03-26-2009, 07:35 PM
Thought Hurst was a pretty big ND lean?

wicket
03-26-2009, 07:42 PM
Thought Hurst was a pretty big ND lean?

reports on that go back and forth, his dad played sec and he seems to like those schools but also loves nd. my best source tells me he is nd all the way but he is twice removed of a close contact so i am far from sure of that.

Nin10Do
03-26-2009, 07:47 PM
source/link.

JRT showed the rivals article.

Scout also has one

JRTPlaya21
03-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Kinda nice that he mentioned how academics is a major thing for him.

etk
03-26-2009, 08:21 PM
I see plenty of highlight films where the other teams are filled with sloppy, unathletic black kids, especially on defense. This race argument is really stupid. Bad competition is bad competition.

JoeyJr09
03-26-2009, 08:43 PM
I see plenty of highlight films where the other teams are filled with sloppy, unathletic black kids, especially on defense. This race argument is really stupid. Bad competition is bad competition.

The think the only place the race argument only comes into play when playing about pure athletes.

By and large, black people make better pure athletes then white people. For whatever the reason. Hence why they translate very well to the skill positions like WR, CB and RB.

White people generally aren't as athletic. Hence why you see more of them along the OL, DL and LB.

I think the fact the state of Iowa that is mostly white and struggles to produce DBs and WRs adds to this argument.

With all that said, being the best pure athlete, doesnt make you the best football player. You can take a unathletic kid from Iowa who knows the ins and outs of football, put him against a freak athlete from Florida that knows zero about the sport and 9 times out of 10, the 1st guy would win.

kwilk103
03-26-2009, 08:51 PM
logan heastie finds out tomorrow morning if he is eligible to play at wvu...at all

already enrolled, sat out 1st 2 spring practices

not sure what is up

Sniper
03-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Kinda nice that he mentioned how academics is a major thing for him.

Every kid says academics are important. Few of them actually look at academics. If academics were so important, teams like Michigan, Notre Dame, Stanford etc... would always be at the top.

bearsfan_51
03-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Every kid says academics are important. Few of them actually look at academics. If academics were so important, teams like Michigan, Notre Dame, Stanford etc... would always be at the top.

Bad example, as Notre Dame and Michigan are usually near the top. Not to mention that Notre Dame academics are good, but not great.

iowatreat54
03-26-2009, 11:08 PM
The think the only place the race argument only comes into play when playing about pure athletes.

By and large, black people make better pure athletes then white people. For whatever the reason. Hence why they translate very well to the skill positions like WR, CB and RB.

White people generally aren't as athletic. Hence why you see more of them along the OL, DL and LB.

I think the fact the state of Iowa that is mostly white and struggles to produce DBs and WRs adds to this argument.

With all that said, being the best pure athlete, doesnt make you the best football player. You can take a unathletic kid from Iowa who knows the ins and outs of football, put him against a freak athlete from Florida that knows zero about the sport and 9 times out of 10, the 1st guy would win.

Generally, I agree with this whole statement. But then you look at a kid like Tyler Sash, who is prolly among the top freshmen safeties, at least top 3 imo, and it bucks the trend. I know that's like 1 of a million, but it's just random that this convo comes up and he appears to have a bright future.

bearsfan_51
03-26-2009, 11:14 PM

Dude. No. Just no.

White people generally do better in academics. I believe this is because black people aren't generally as intelligent as white people.

If this sounds incredibly racist, replace the words with what you just said and it's the same thing.

BamaFalcon59
03-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Black people are more athletic. It's a true stereotype. Live with it.

On average, black people in the same conditions as white people run faster and jump higher. It's not racist if it's true.

There is a reason there are next to no whiter cornerbacks in the NFL, and few runningbacks.

I'm not an advocate of racism. It's just that a lot of stereotypes are true.

bearsfan_51
03-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Black people are more athletic. It's a true stereotype. Live with it.

On average, black people in the same conditions as white people run faster and jump higher. It's not racist if it's true.

There is a reason there are next to no whiter cornerbacks in the NFL, and few runningbacks.

I'm not an advocate of racism. It's just that a lot of stereotypes are true.
Environmental and cultural factors play a HUGE part in that. Black athletes excell because they HAVE to. Because it's often their only realistic chance to not live in the ghetto for the rest of their lives.

Why aren't the Japanese good at NASCAR? Why do most of the best cello players or mathematicians in the world come from Asia?

I don't deny that there are some people who will argue that there are pysiological factors (breeding as slaves as one example) that explains why blacks tend to do better at certain sports, but that is a very slippery slope and is in no way whatsoever verified by any actual genetic data.

And for the record, most stereotypes are stereotypes because people are stupid, lazy, and tend to view the world through very simple prisms.

BRAVEHEART
03-27-2009, 12:13 AM
A mullato an albino
A mosquito my libido
A denial

wicket
03-27-2009, 03:08 AM
Environmental and cultural factors play a HUGE part in that. Black athletes excell because they HAVE to. Because it's often their only realistic chance to not live in the ghetto for the rest of their lives.

Why aren't the Japanese good at NASCAR? Why do most of the best cello players or mathematicians in the world come from Asia?

I don't deny that there are some people who will argue that there are pysiological factors (breeding as slaves as one example) that explains why blacks tend to do better at certain sports, but that is a very slippery slope and is in no way whatsoever verified by any actual genetic data.

And for the record, most stereotypes are stereotypes because people are stupid, lazy, and tend to view the world through very simple prisms.

cuz statistically the most people come from asia ;). Proportianately to the number of inhabitants france suprisingly supplies a great number of the worlds finest mathematicians.
And shame on you for saying ND's academics are not great.

ToldLikeItIs
03-27-2009, 03:52 AM
6'3 210 4.35 38 " vert

The measurables of who?

Ward
03-27-2009, 04:11 AM

Actually read an interesting article the other day suggesting that the tonality of Mandarin and other languages spoken eastern/southeastern asia are responsible for seemingly higher numbers of accomplished instrumentalists. Now carry on with this tasty political discussion of race.

wicket
03-27-2009, 06:29 AM
6'3 210 4.35 38 " vert

The measurables of who?

closest is Da'Rick Rogers from georgia

ToldLikeItIs
03-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Andy Brodell WR Iowa, a white WR.

Who holds the fastest combine shuttle to this day and third highest vertical leap?

Kevin Kasper WR Iowa, another white WR.

BamaFalcon59
03-27-2009, 06:45 AM

Even in wealthy areas black athletes are usually superior. I like in a nice area, no ghettos or whatever, and the athletes on the team are predominantly black. All of the RBs, CBs, and most of the receivers. And this is at a large school.

ToldLikeItIs
03-27-2009, 06:50 AM
Name a better combine for an athlete than this..possibly ever..black or white

6' 200
1.54 ten
43.5 vert
10'6 broad
3.73 shuttle
6.56 cone

BamaFalcon59
03-27-2009, 06:51 AM
I never said all white people are unathletic.

For the most part, though, black people are more athletic than whites.

Let's get off the subject.

ToldLikeItIs
03-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Just proof of a superior skill position athlete of caucasoid ancestry is all, too bad he couldn't actually PLAY football, like at all.

JoeyJr09
03-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Just proof of a superior skill position athlete of caucasoid ancestry is all, too bad he couldn't actually PLAY football, like at all.

Those are the exceptions. Not the rule. Besides, I said generally black players are better atheles then white players. Not always.

It is a sterotype, and unlike Bearsfan, I people sterotypes are valid and often true. As long as you understand that they arent the end all be all. Its like saying black people tend to make more rap music then white people. That doesnt mean white people dont make rap or that black people dont make other forms of music. But if you did a poll, that statement would stand true.

Sterotypes arent an end all be all but there are truth in sterotypes and theres nothing shortsighted or ignorant about them as llong as you understand them for what they are.

And there is certanly truth to the sterotype about black vs white athletes that I post earlier.

ToldLikeItIs
03-27-2009, 08:01 AM
Because they more or less have to be, like BearsFan said.

I watch Louis Trinca-Pasat's film, and I continue to be impressed. He moves very well for his size, and plays with quickness. He's going to be an impressive Hawkeye.

JoeyJr09
03-27-2009, 08:08 AM
I didnt give any reaons why black are generally more athletic. I just said they were. The reasons for it had no bearing on the point I was making. Bearsfan then calls me a racist only to agree with me 2 posts later when he said black people are more athletic because they have to be.

wicket
03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
I didnt give any reaons why black are generally more athletic. I just said they were. The reasons for it had no bearing on the point I was making. Bearsfan then calls me a racist only to agree with me 2 posts later when he said black people are more athletic because they have to be.

The reason why black people in america are more 'athletic' is because the places they usually originated from in afrika were the areas with dense jungle and the evolution has caused people there to have more blood in there muscle fibres giving them so-called red muscler which makes them more explosive and less capable for longgevity in physical effort. Explosivity is what is needed in football and therefore black guys are in general slightly better suited for football genetically.

keylime_5
03-27-2009, 08:27 AM
white people are superior to every race

-Hitler

;P

JRTPlaya21
03-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Now back to recruting.

draftguru151
03-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Now back to recruting.

Yea, this.

HindSight
03-27-2009, 08:46 AM
I don't disagree about Derby, because QB is a position where environment (strength of team/opponent) is crucial in the evaluation.

But to say that "no Iowa kid should be a 5-star" is absurd. If Rueben Randle was from Iowa he would still be a 5-star.
If Reuben Randle grew up in Iowa, he wouldn't have played the competition to make him as good as he is now.

JRTPlaya21
03-27-2009, 08:58 AM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=928680

JoeyJr09
03-27-2009, 09:23 AM
If Reuben Randle grew up in Iowa, he wouldn't have played the competition to make him as good as he is now.

But the physical ability would still be there.

I agree with etk on this one. Talent is talent.

If you got physical talent it's just as good in Iowa as it is in Louisiana.

RR would just probably need more coaching and take longer to adjust to college football. But physical talent is physical talent. Being from Iowa doesnt take away from the type of athlete you are.

bearsfan_51
03-27-2009, 10:51 AM
For the record, I never called you a racist. I rarely call any person a racist, as everyone has their moments.

If you took that as an attack on you, rather than your comment, I apologize. I don't pretend to know you nearly well enough to make a judgement on your character.

703SKINS202
03-27-2009, 11:54 AM
logan heastie finds out tomorrow morning if he is eligible to play at wvu...at all

already enrolled, sat out 1st 2 spring practices

not sure what is up

Any word yet?

kwilk103
03-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Any word yet?

none yet

should be ok though; something about his transcript when he transferred high schools

BRAVEHEART
03-27-2009, 12:42 PM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=928680

Malcolm Jones is not the best prospect in cali.

kwilk103
03-27-2009, 12:46 PM
heastie got cleared about an hour ago

hes good to go

JRTPlaya21
03-27-2009, 12:48 PM
That's good news kwilk.

HindSight
03-27-2009, 01:13 PM
But the physical ability would still be there.

I agree with etk on this one. Talent is talent.

If you got physical talent it's just as good in Iowa as it is in Louisiana.

RR would just probably need more coaching and take longer to adjust to college football. But physical talent is physical talent. Being from Iowa doesnt take away from the type of athlete you are.
So you don't think growing up in an area like Miami aids you in being a better football player than, say, New Hampshire? I'm surprised to hear a Miami fan say something like this.

kwilk103
03-27-2009, 01:39 PM
2009 de will clarke signs with wvu

6'6 240 but is very raw

def a project; will be 2 years before he contributes

JoeyJr09
03-27-2009, 01:44 PM
So you don't think growing up in an area like Miami aids you in being a better football player than, say, New Hampshire? I'm surprised to hear a Miami fan say something like this.

Thats not at all what I said.

To make is simple because I dont think it was clear before.

Being from Miami doesnt make your muscles bigger and dosnt make you run faster. You are born with that.

But Miami does prepare you better from a mental aspect as far as competition and coaching you get.

But if you have physical ability then you have physical abilty. Being from Miami doesnt change that.

sbh15
03-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Missouri DE, Chase Rome, might commit to Florida soon.

Just picked it up from a source.

And not that pictures mean anything, but...

http://www.imageposter.com/storage/152/1140Gerald_Christian.jpg

That's Matt Elam and Gerald Christian.

BRAVEHEART
03-27-2009, 01:55 PM

that's fail.

Hollywood
03-27-2009, 02:21 PM

Nick Kasa part two.

jbeans187
03-27-2009, 02:40 PM

He's a stud, great athlete for his size. Sucks Mizzou never had a chance. Hopefully we can get his teammate LB/TE Trey Millard whose recruiting is starting to pick up.

JoeyJr09
03-27-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm expecting at least one maybe 2 commits this weekend after the Miami NIKE camp and the spring game saturday.

Some big time guys coming in.

Jeff Luc
Alec Ogletree
Louis Nix (already arrived)
Tavadis Glenn (already arrived)
Gio Bernard
Brandon Linder
Jakhari Gore
Chris Dunkley
Ivan McCartney
Michealee Harris
Torrian Wilson
Khalid Marshall
Todd Chandler
Eduardo Clements
Quinton Dunbar
Lynden Trail
Jose Jose
Joshua Reese
Jeffery Godfrey
Brandon Gainer
Tyrone Cornelius
Matt Thornton
Tai-Ler Jones
Colton Odom

All expected to be there. I'm gonna take a stab and say Tyrone Cornelius, Torrian Wilson and Tavadis Glenn are the closest to committing.

Hopefully we can land 1 or 2.

Gators better pray we don't land Glenn.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-27-2009, 05:59 PM
PSU offered Marcus Lattimore...expects to talk to the coaches later today...said to be excited. Don't have any expectations, much less high expectations, but it is still nice to see us offering the best of the best...plus we've done very well four ourselves in North/South Carolina over the years.

Also...true freshman early enrollee Gerald Hodges = BEAST. OMG. If he actually gets on the field, and actually hits Tate Forcier, his life will end. :eek:

etk
03-27-2009, 06:04 PM
The reason why black people in america are more 'athletic' is because the places they usually originated from in afrika were the areas with dense jungle and the evolution has caused people there to have more blood in there muscle fibres giving them so-called red muscler which makes them more explosive and less capable for longgevity in physical effort. Explosivity is what is needed in football and therefore black guys are in general slightly better suited for football genetically.

Black people do have more fast-twitch muscle fibers, yes. They also have (for the most part) better proportioned legs including slim ankles. Hence why black men make for great sprinters but struggle to play hockey (can't fit in skates).

Now back to recruiting.

JRTPlaya21
03-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Pretty impressive list coming in Joey.

Hines
03-27-2009, 06:25 PM
PSU offered Marcus Lattimore...expects to talk to the coaches later today...said to be excited. Don't have any expectations, much less high expectations, but it is still nice to see us offering the best of the best...plus we've done very well four ourselves in North/South Carolina over the years.

Also...true freshman early enrollee Gerald Hodges = BEAST. OMG. If he actually gets on the field, and actually hits Tate Forcier, his life will end. :eek:

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love Lattimore. I wished we could get a visit from him and have a chance with him. I think he is going to be a star. When I read that he got an offer, I got really excited. Not going to get my hopes up, though.

JoeyJr09
03-27-2009, 06:37 PM
Pretty impressive list coming in Joey.

Yea, Im gonna be out at the game so expect some pictures by Saturday night when I get back.

kwilk103
03-27-2009, 07:00 PM
your spring game is early

ours isnt until the 18th

practice just started on tues

draftguru151
03-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Yea practiced started really early this year.

JRTPlaya21
03-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Sweet. Can't wait to see them.

JoeyJr09
03-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Yea practiced started really early this year.

Pretty sure our spring game last year was March 28 as well.

Sniper
03-28-2009, 08:12 AM

If is the key word. Tate is a slippery mofo.

PENNSTATEHOMER
03-28-2009, 08:23 AM
I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love Lattimore. I wished we could get a visit from him and have a chance with him. I think he is going to be a star. When I read that he got an offer, I got really excited. Not going to get my hopes up, though.

IF, IF, IF he steps foot on campus for an official during tOSU week, I'll believe there is a chance, not until then.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090327/NEWS/903289988/1090/sports02?Title=Area-briefs-3-more-offers-for-Byrnes-RB-Lattimore

Lattimore will take an official visit to Penn State on Nov. 7 when the Nittany Lions host Ohio State.

JoeyJr09
03-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Ill have hundreds of pictures and a bunch of insights up on the Canes thread in a few hours.

But just wated to share that it looked to me like Van McCarthy pulled the trigger for us.

Sniper
03-28-2009, 12:04 PM
IF, IF, IF he steps foot on campus for an official during tOSU week, I'll believe there is a chance, not until then.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20090327/NEWS/903289988/1090/sports02?Title=Area-briefs-3-more-offers-for-Byrnes-RB-Lattimore

He also said he's trying to take an official to Michigan for The Game. I'll believe either visit when I see it.

JoeyJr09
03-28-2009, 04:13 PM
IF anyone in interested. I posted a bunch of pictures from Miami spring game in the Canes thread. Tons of ones with recruits like Linder, Bernard, Nix, Ogletree, McCartney and others.

JRTPlaya21
03-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Sweet Joey I was waiting for those.

JRTPlaya21
03-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Jerry Rice Jr. is walking on at UCLA per ESPN.

JoeyJr09
03-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Jerry Rice Jr. is walking on at UCLA per ESPN.

Yea, we heard he was coming here for awhile then Stanford and he finally settled on UCLA.

Hes one of the better walk ons Ive seen so hopefully he makes the most of it, but usually if a walk-on is having a big impact, your team is in trouble. Clay Mathews and Donald Thomas type walk ons are just such a rarity.

Hollywood
03-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Yea the Jerry Rice Jr. to Miami thing never did make much sense.

BigJohn98
03-29-2009, 07:01 AM
LOL. Lamarcus Joyner's top five has changed again. He says FSU is now his #2 school. So now it's OSU, FSU, Bama, UF, USC.

JoeyJr09
03-29-2009, 09:35 AM
LOL. Lamarcus Joyner's top five has changed again. He says FSU is now his #2 school. So now it's OSU, FSU, Bama, UF, USC.

This on the heals of being at Miami's spring game yesterday being very chatty with coaches, former players and recruits.

Race for the Heisman
03-29-2009, 12:35 PM
This on the heals of being at Miami's spring game yesterday being very chatty with coaches, former players and recruits.

Not trying to be antagonistic or anything, but what exactly is your point? That he's playing mind games with everyone? Or that he was unimpressed with Miami?

JoeyJr09
03-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Not trying to be antagonistic or anything, but what exactly is your point? That he's playing mind games with everyone? Or that he was unimpressed with Miami?

Not saying he's coming to Miami and not at all expecting to land him but you either haven't followed this kids recruitment or read any of our discussions about him over the last 2 weeks to not know the deal here.

P-L
03-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Interesting... Marvin Robinson might pull the trigger sooner than originally thought. I'll be so happy when he makes it official.

ESPforMe
03-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Interesting... Marvin Robinson might pull the trigger sooner than originally thought. I'll be so happy when he makes it official.

That would be awesome. He's been talking with LaTwan Anderson, so maybe he can get him to commit too.

JoeyJr09
03-29-2009, 04:56 PM
tharinger.com says that Marvin Robinson could pull the trigger for Michigan any day now.

They almost confirmed my theory that Ivan McCartney committed to Miami at our spring game.

and FWIW....one of our posters that works at MNW says theres a good chance that Michealee Harris and Corvin Lamb are very serious about going to school together. Cant see this happening as they dont share any offers. Lamb is begging for a UF or Miami offer and Harris is thought to be all Miami baring anything happening with him and Lamb being able to play together.

etk
03-29-2009, 04:59 PM

From watching his video, I got the feeling that he's genuinely excited about OSU and FSU, while the other 3 are just afterthoughts there for show. Then of course there's one local school that's suspiciously missing...

I like our chances as he keeps playing these games. It doesn't make sense that we're not in his top 5, so obviously he has something planned.

BRAVEHEART
03-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Top TE prospect Xavier Grimble was at USC's 1st spring practice.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/995/F521077.jpg