PDA

View Full Version : The 2010 Recruiting Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Sniper
02-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Let's do this.

Jeremy Jackson + Ricardo Miller = epic win.

Hollywood
02-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Way too early and baseless prediction to laugh at in Feb. 2010:

Tennessee has the top class with Miami finishing second and the South Florida homers (like me) will complain way too loud that we really had the best class since we all know South Florida talent is the best.

iowatreat54
02-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Andre Dawson and AJ Derby ftw!

BamaFalcon59
02-04-2009, 08:07 PM
VT is gonna ball.

Nick Acree, Mark Shuman, and Zack McCray are all near locks and should all be top 100 players. Top 250 at minimum.

There are others, but it is too early to count my eggs.

We have a shot at Phillip Sims. Not a great one, but that could change if our offense shows signs of life this season.

We are going to dominate Virginia and Virginia recruiting like always, but this year could be special recruiting wise (and on the field, of course).

SuperKevin
02-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Scripps Ranch HS RB Brennan Clay is one of my favorites in 2010. He's the best all purpose back in San Diego since Reggie Bush. I'm thinking he follows his teammate Tate Forcier out to Michigan but USC will be in the mix as well

Sniper
02-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Scripps Ranch HS RB Brennan Clay is one of my favorites in 2010. He's the best all purpose back in San Diego since Reggie Bush. I'm thinking he follows his teammate Tate Forcier out to Michigan but USC will be in the mix as well

Yeah, he seems to really like Michigan. It's way early though. Right now he's listed as having high interest in Oregon and USC according to his Scout profile, so who knows.

sbh15
02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
The SEC will have the top 4 top 10 classes - Florida, Tennessee, LSU, Bama

That's all I'm going to predict for now. Very timid projection, I know.

draftguru151
02-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Hopefully Nix doesn't continue the trend of early committing studs to be an attention ***** for UM. :)

Newbs24
02-04-2009, 08:39 PM
I was thinking this was going to be opened at 12:01 tonight but oh well.
-Love JJ and Ricardo to start the class.
-Need a dominant LB though.
-Lo Wood should drop very soon (whenever he visits).
-If we can get Marvin Robinson up here ASAP the same might happen with him as well, although I could see a Will Campbell-like recruitment with him.
-Brennan Clay and Nick Hill are 2 RBs I could definitely see as future Wolverines.
-Robert Crisp is THE OT I wnat for this class. Also wouldn't mind seeing James Hurst get an offer.
-Derrick Bryant as an early commit would help. So would Will Gholston waiting a while to decide.
-Need a good QB in this class as well. Gardner is my ideal pick but wouldn't mind a Malik Stokes/Stephen Morris combo.
-Dior Mathis should be fun to follow. Kid is REAL close with the Cass Tech kids. Might be a real good sign for us.

kwilk103
02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
wouldnt be surprised if wvu got a committ this weekend at junior day

P-L
02-04-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm going to try and not get too excited and keep things in perspective this year. With very few prospects committed, everyone seems to have pretty big lists. At this time last year, I admit I got caught up in thinking U-M had a much better chance some guys that were just interested in us. Just last February I felt that Michigan had a great chance to land guys like Russell Shepard, Dorian Bell, Craig Loston, Nu'Keese Richardson, and Chris Norman. We didn't end up getting a single one of those guys.

With that said, here is a more "conservative" guess at who we'll pull in for 2010:

Robert Bolden, QB, Orchard Lake (MI) St. Mary's
Austin White, RB, Livonia (MI) Stevenson
Ricardo Miller, WR, Orlando (FL) Dr. Phillips
Jeremy Jackson, WR, Ann Arbor (MI) Huron
Derrick Bryant, DE, Columbus (OH) Brookhaven
Daniel Easterly, LB, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech
Austin Gray, LB, Warren (MI) Fitzgerald
Lo Wood, CB, Apopka (FL) Apopka
Marvin Robinson, S, Eagle Lake (FL) Lake Region

Other guys we will be in the mix for:

Devin Gardner, QB, Inkster (MI) Inkster
Stephen Morris, QB, Miami (FL) Monsignor Pace
Malik Stokes, QB, Philadelphia (PA) Northeast
Brennan Clay, RB, San Diego (CA) Scripps Ranch
Kenny Shaw, WR, Orlando (FL) Dr. Phillips
William Gholston, DE, Detroit (MI) Southeastern
Cullen Christian, CB, Pittsburgh (PA) Penn Hills
Dior Mathis, CB, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech

BRAVEHEART
02-04-2009, 09:11 PM

Dillion Baxter is the best SD RB since Bush, and Petey thinks so too.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Camper/PHOTO/DILLONBAXTER3N08200.JPG

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/USC-Camp-Dillon-Baxter-32042

P-L
02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
That haircut disqualifies him from being the best "anything," lol.

BRAVEHEART
02-04-2009, 09:14 PM
That haircut disqualifies him from being the best "anything," lol.

If anything the HIGHTOP FADE (FTW) makes him more "aerodynamic", but he's cut it short as seen in the video I posted (probably because it gives him a schematic advantage);) .

draftguru151
02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Greg Timmons laughs at that pathetic excuse for hair.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/GREGTIMMONSARMY09150.JPG

BRAVEHEART
02-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Greg Timmons laughs at that pathetic excuse for hair.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/PROSPECT/PHOTO/GREGTIMMONSARMY09150.JPG

Timmons' HTF is all lopsided n'****. Seriously, dont sit there and say Dillon Baxter's hair aint long and luxurious when you know it is *****.;)

http://www.reliantpark.com/attachments/wysiwyg/8/KattWilliams.jpg

BamaFalcon59
02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Acree supposedly is going to start out at four stars.

For my money though, he would destroy any offensive lineman in the country if he wanted to. He's done it at every camp he has been too. So physically gifted.

Talk like this will be common over the next year. It will only increase as he hits the college ranks and then gos number one overall in the National Football League Draft.

Sniper
02-04-2009, 09:34 PM

For my money though, he would destroy any offensive lineman in the country if he wanted to. He's done it at every camp he has been too. So physically gifted.

Talk like this will be common over the next year. It will only increase as he hits the college ranks and then gos number one overall in the National Football League Draft.

Good to see you're keeping the expectations modest for him.

sbh15
02-04-2009, 09:35 PM
When are the new Rivals rankings going to come out?

BRAVEHEART
02-04-2009, 09:39 PM

Like I've said before, for somebody so big and muscular, he doesn't seem that strong, either that or he plays with poor leverage. He looks better at DE to me, but that's just my opinion.

BamaFalcon59
02-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Good to see you're keeping the expectations modest for him.

Yeah.

It's hard, but I try. I'm also expecting a Ricky Williams type deal to trade up and get him. First rookie to get 100,000,000 dollars for a rookie contract. If they say no...well, they won't say no.

BamaFalcon59
02-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Like I've said before, for somebody so big and muscular, he doesn't seem that strong, either that or he plays with poor leverage. He looks better at DE to me, but that's just my opinion.

Err, what? He fork lifted a kid at the All American combine and destroyed Robert Crisp.

As a sophmore he benched 425 and squated 575.

Coach Wiles and Coach Foster have been granted a massive amount of clay to mold.

JoeyJr09
02-04-2009, 09:44 PM
When are the new Rivals rankings going to come out?

About a month or two.

The take a few weeks to wrap this class and then another few weeks to wrap up the rankings for 2010.

BRAVEHEART
02-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Err, what? He fork lifted a kid at the All American combine and destroyed Robert Crisp.

As a sophmore he benched 425 and squated 575.

Coach Wiles and Coach Foster have been granted a massive amount of clay to mold.

He got worked by a a six foot 290 pound kid at the AJC, only beat him when he used his speed. When they went head up he couldn't overpower him.

Newbs24
02-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Didn't Acree get stoned by some no name TWICE in San Antonio?

Would love to see Seantrel handle him just to shut VT people up.

JoeyJr09
02-04-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm gonna laugh to much if Acree turns out to be a massive bust.

He is all potential and combine numbers at this point.

Film is less then impressive.

Put him up against some big college boys and they will make him and his maxed out frame look like crap.

There are 3-4 other DTs in this class at least on par or better.

BRAVEHEART
02-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Didn't Acree get stoned by some no name TWICE in San Antonio?

Would love to see Seantrel handle him just to shut VT people up.

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.

Put him up against some big college boys and they will make him and his maxed out frame look like crap.

Sharrif Floyd comes to mind.

JoeyJr09
02-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Post this in the Canes thread but seeing as we are talking 2010 now, I'll post it here too for conversation sake. Commits in bold.

Easy Targets:
WR- Quentin Dunbar, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
WR- Willis Wright, Miami Springs (FL) Miami Springs
RB- Jahkari Gore, Miami (FL) Columbus (WL250)
OL- Torrian Wilson, Miami (FL) Northwestern
OL- Brandon Linder, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aqunias
OL- Jose Jose, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington
OL- Jacob Wheeler, Plantation (FL) American Heritage
DT- Todd Chandler, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250) 5* Candidate
DT- Calvin Smith, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
DE- Corey Lemonier, Hialeah (FL) Hialeah (WL250)
DE- Lyndon Trail, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
CB- Khalil Marshall, Miami (FL) Northwestern
WR- Michaelee Harris, Miami (FL) Northwestern
ATH- Jeffery Godfrey, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
K- Jose Diaz, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington

Will need some work:
RB- Brandon Gainer, Miami (FL) Miami Central (WL250)
WR- Ted Meline, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
WR- Ivan McCartney, Miramar (FL) Miramar (WL250)
OL-Tavadis Glenn, Jacksonville (FL) Terry Parker (WL250) 5* Candidate
LB- LeNerick Reddick, Miami (FL) Miami Central
CB- Cody Riggs, Fort Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas
S- Demeterius Pettaway, Homestead (FL) Homestead
RB- Eduardo Clements, Miami (FL) Booker T. Washington (WL250)
RB- Giovanni Bernard, Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas (WL250)
DL- Ego Ferguson, Frederick (MD) St. John’s Prep (WL250) 5* Candidate
CB- Dior Mathis, Detroit (MI) Cass Tech
S- Alec Ogletree, Newnan (GA) Newnan (WL250) 5* Candidate
S- Demar Dorsey, Lauderdale Lakes (FL) Boyd Anderson

Highest Priority:
QB- Blake Bell, Wichita (KS) Bishop Carroll (WL250) 5* Candidate
CB- LaMarcus Joyner, Miami (FL) Southwest (WL250) 5* Candidate
OL- Robert Crisp, Chapel Hill (NC) Chapel Hill (WL250) 5* Candidate
DT- Louis Nix, Jacksonville (FL) Raines (WL250) 5* Candidate
TE- Gerald Christian, West Palm Beach (FL) Dwyer (WL250)

Longshots:
RB- Corvin Lamb, Miami (FL) Northwestern (WL250)
WR- De’Joshua Johnson, Pahokee (FL) Pahokee (WL250)
WR- Tai-ler Jones, Gainesville (GA)Gainesville HS
OL- Chaz Green, Tampa (FL) Tampa Cathloic
LB- Gideon Ajagbe, Coconut Grove (FL) Ransom Everglades (WL250)
LB- Christian Jones, Winter Park (FL) Lake Howell
LB- Khairi Fortt, Stamford (CT) Stamford (WL250)
CB- Joseph Randle, Wichita (KS) Wichita Southeast (WL250)

You guys need to step your game up. I've had a solid list of 2010 options for a week already. ;)

BamaFalcon59
02-04-2009, 09:52 PM

If Bud Foster and Coach Wiles are our coaches when he is here then that will be next to impossible.

He is going to make your boys Nix and Chandler look like children.

It was much better when you were not commenting me.

And Braveheart, it is easy to get under a guy you are the same weight as and six inches shorter. Especially when he lacks a ton of technique. Acree, right now, is getting by on all physical ability. And he is still beating just about everybody.

Newbs24
02-04-2009, 09:54 PM
What? A Miami NW kid that is a longshot to the U? Whats the deal with Corvin?

BigJohn98
02-04-2009, 09:57 PM
DJ Johnson will go to FSU :)

Hines
02-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Penn State started out very, very well in the 2010 class with PJ Jones and Mike Hull. We might pull in WR Alex Kenney and RB Silas Redd in the next month or so.

JoeyJr09
02-04-2009, 09:58 PM
What? A Miami NW kid that is a longshot to the U? Whats the deal with Corvin?

Probably not getting an offer from us.

He is a Jeffery Demps type RB and (rightfully so wants to play RB at UF). We have already told him that if we offer, it will be as a WR and he was none to happy about that.

Doubtful if he will have any sort of serious recruitment by us.

CroomDawgs
02-04-2009, 09:59 PM
If this late push was any indication, We Should h ave a very solid class next year. I'm not gonna set the standards too high, but Mississippi has another solid crop of players and hopefully mullen can reach into some of the other southern states as well. Hoping to Have a top 20 class.

BRAVEHEART
02-04-2009, 10:00 PM
If Bud Foster and Coach Wiles are our coaches when he is here then that will be next to impossible.

He is going to make your boys Nix and Chandler look like children.

It was much better when you were not commenting me.

And Braveheart, it is easy to get under a guy you are the same weight as and six inches shorter. Especially when he lacks a ton of technique. Acree, right now, is getting by on all physical ability. And he is still beating just about everybody.

And that's my point, you act like he's not gonna face better talent once in college. He will be coached up when he's at VT, but i dont think he has alot of upside and his body looks maxed. If leverage is his problem, like I said he'll probably be a better DE than a DT. I'm not trying to knock him at all, I just dont feel like he's the best DT prospect right now.

JoeyJr09
02-04-2009, 10:00 PM
DJ Johnson will go to FSU :)

It's quite alrite. He's a poor man's Nukesse IMO.

Not a bad prospect. But we have plenty of WRs next year to pick from.

Did anyone even notice that massive amount of kids from my list that play in Miami?

Look at the amount of BTW and MNW kids.

We could not even leave the city during recruiting next year and still pull a top 10 class.

Newbs24
02-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Watching Acree in one on ones where DL is supposed to dominate, he only shows a swim move. His strength is non-existent when battling guys. Maurice Goodman just moved his big body to the side with ease. Also, Russell Bodine stoned him twice with the 3rd a draw. For a kid that can bench and squat the world, his strength is a non factor in his game. Decent prospect but has a long ways to go before anybody annoints him the next great thing.

Shariff Floyd is much more complete.

JoeyJr09
02-04-2009, 10:03 PM
And that's my point, you act like he's not gonna face better talent once in college. He will be coached up when he's at VT, but i dont think he has alot of upside and his body looks maxed. If leverage is his problem, like I said he'll probably be a better DE than a DT. I'm not trying to knock him at all, I just dont feel like he's the best DT prospect right now.

Co-sign.

Exactly how I feel about him.

Nix and Ferguson are likely better.

And if not for the injury, Chandler would be the best in this class. He outplayed Marcus Forston when Forston was a SR and Chandler was a JR.

Seriously doubt Acree is capable of that.

BamaFalcon59
02-04-2009, 10:04 PM

Conversation over.

6'5" 290 pound highschool DTs who run 5.1s (profile says 4.9), bench 425, and squat 575 have upside. I'm amazed you said such a thing. He has all the potential in the world. When you pull verbals from schools across the country by the end of your sophmore year/ beginning of your junior year, you have upside.

I'm sure if he was at SC he would have upside. And he'd be a top 5 player in the class to boot.

Some of these comments on Acree are laughable. It will be another Darren Evans situation for all the doubters. Graig Cooper better...oh, the good times!

CroomDawgs
02-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Joey or whoever, anyone wanna make an early list of their top ten players natioanally? I've been wrapped up in 2009 don't have a l ot of knowledge with 2010 just yet. Assuming Seantrel Henderson is number 1? or Ego Ferguson?

JoeyJr09
02-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Joey or whoever, anyone wanna make an early list of their top ten players natioanally? I've been wrapped up in 2009 don't have a l ot of knowledge with 2010 just yet. Assuming Seantrel Henderson is number 1? or Ego Ferguson?

Seastrunk likely No.1 IMO

BRAVEHEART
02-04-2009, 10:18 PM
Conversation over.

6'5" 290 pound highschool DTs who run 5.1s (profile says 4.9), bench 425, and squat 575 have upside. I'm amazed you said such a thing. He has all the potential in the world. When you pull verbals from schools across the country by the end of your sophmore year/ beginning of your junior year, you have upside.

I'm sure if he was at SC he would have upside. And he'd be a top 5 player in the class to boot.

No, that's called being maxed out. He will barely get bigger or stronger from this point on, and he's showed that he had trouble with leverage. He got past his opponents easily though (using hand moves, his length and speed) and he just seems like he'd be a better fit at DE (IMHO) where he wouldn't have leverage problems and his height would be a bonus (instead of a possible problem). I'm not knocking you, him or VT. I personally think VT is one of the best (top 3) programs that work with the talent they get, and the best special teams unit in the country year in and year out. I think that Acree is a great prospect, but I feel his body and skill set matches a DE better...no need to get testy.

BRAVEHEART
02-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Seastrunk likely No.1 IMO

ewww, I like Lache, but i wouldn't call him no.1, he isn't better than any of the no.1 top RB's of the last two years.

Newbs24
02-04-2009, 10:22 PM
I could see Marcus Lattimore at #1 for Scout and Lache for Rivals. But IMO, Lache is the best player in the class of 2010. That kid is just as good as a football player as he is an athlete.

Jonny
02-04-2009, 10:22 PM
It'd be cool if Rutgers could land Corey Brown.

JoeyJr09
02-04-2009, 10:23 PM
ewww, I like Lache, but i wouldn't call him no.1, he isn't better than any of the no.1 top RB's of the last two years.

He ain't Bryce Brown by any means but as a whole I feel like the entire top 10 for 2010 isn't as talented as the top 10 from 2009. Althought 2010 does look real deep at some really big positions.

BamaFalcon59
02-04-2009, 10:25 PM
No, that's called being maxed out. He will barely get bigger or stronger from this point on, and he's showed that he had trouble with leverage. He got past his opponents easily though (using hand moves, his length and speed) and he just seems like he'd be a better fit at DE (IMHO) where he wouldn't have leverage problems and his height would be a bonus (instead of a possible problem). I'm not knocking you, him or VT. I personally think VT is one of the best (top 3) programs that work with the talent they get, and the best special teams unit in the country year in and year out. I think that Acree is a great prospect, but I feel his body and skill set matches a DE better...no need to get testy.

I'll disagree. Players he has been compared to (John Henderson I've heard from more than one person) are of similar height and rely greatly on their physical strength and hands. The thing is, Acree does not have to get much stronger. If he gos up just 50 pounds on his bench from now to the time he exits college (that would put him close to 500), he would still be one of the strongest players in the nation.

Not to mention our strength and conditioning coach is very, very good.

He's mean. He has a passion to dominate. He just hasn't had the coaching.

That won't be a problem with Coach Wiles, one of the best in the nation. Once we get Acree some leverage and pad level he will be unstoppable.

Coach Wiles and Coach Foster have been given steel off the furnace. He already has the skills to dominate. We just have to teach him how.

bearsfan_51
02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Minnesota is abnormally loaded with talent this year. I don't expect Seantrelle to stay, but I think we've got a better than 50% shot with the rest.

Already have a commit from Konrad Zagzebski, the greatest name for a linebacker ever.

Newbs24
02-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Minnesota is abnormally loaded with talent this year. I don't expect Seantrelle to stay, but I think we've got a better than 50% shot with the rest.

Already have a commit from Konrad Zagzebski, the greatest name for a linebacker ever.

Guessing that LB is a Polack.

SuperKevin
02-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Dillion Baxter is the best SD RB since Bush, and Petey thinks so too.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/IMAGES/Camper/PHOTO/DILLONBAXTER3N08200.JPG

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/USC-Camp-Dillon-Baxter-32042

I live in San Diego and all you hear about is Brennan Clay and how he was the first San Diego RB to have 1000 yards rushing and recieving in a season

bearsfan_51
02-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Guessing that LB is a Polack.
Indeed. Northern Wisconsin. About 99% of the town is Polish immigrants.

djp
02-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Seantrel Henderson will be Rivals.com's #1 prospect, he was Junior of the Year aka early #1.

The kid is probably the best offensive line prospect since Andre Smith.

BPhilb
02-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Post this in the Canes thread but seeing as we are talking 2010 now, I'll post it here too for conversation sake. Commits in bold.

Easy Targets:

Will need some work:

Highest Priority:

Longshots:

You guys need to step your game up. I've had a solid list of 2010 options for a week already. ;)

Missouri is on Blake Bell also. Of course it sounds like half of the D1 schools are on the kid.

BRAVEHEART
02-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Seantrel Henderson will be Rivals.com's #1 prospect, he was Junior of the Year aka early #1.

The kid is probably the best offensive line prospect since Andre Smith.

Bingo, Rivals is already pimping him.

JoeyJr09
02-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Missouri is on Blake Bell also. Of course it sounds like half of the D1 schools are on the kid.

Well yea, he's like the number 1 QB next year.

Luckily we have a good relationship with his "advisor".

Too bad the guy is a POS. Hopefully we can make that last for 1 more year so we can land Bell.

Hollywood
02-04-2009, 11:19 PM
I don't see it with Blake Bell. Nice size, sure, but what else? Does not have a rocket arm, his 'wind up' is longer than Sandy Koufax, mechanics are not good, doesn't even seem to have great accuracy. Who knows though? He is a 2-3 years project where ever he goes, which I guess in our case would be what we are looking at it, but we already have that role in Taylor Cook.

Anyways, I think Blake will go to Oklahoma anyways if they want him. And if Butler really is his adviser, get ready for some fun Sooners!

SuperKevin
02-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Whats with high school kids having "advisors" now? Crazy.

cdub11
02-04-2009, 11:24 PM
the Texas Rivals site has Lache as the #2 player in the state of Texas for 2010 behind Jackson Jeffcoat.

JoeyJr09
02-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Rivals has Lache as the #2 player in the state of Texas for 2010 behind Jackson Jeffcoat.

Really? Kinda surprised by that.

They already have the Texas ratings up or is that a seperate Texas site on the Rivals network similar to FLAvarsity?

cdub11
02-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Really? Kinda surprised by that.

They already have the Texas ratings up or is that a seperate Texas site on the Rivals network similar to FLAvarsity?

similiar to FLAvarsity

JoeyJr09
02-04-2009, 11:34 PM
similiar to FLAvarsity

Ok then it's not rivals rankings.

They never jive with the state sites.

Rivals has been pumping Seastrunk pretty hardcore and Jeffcoat get minimal talk from them.

I'll be shocked if Rivals has Jeffcoat higher.

Bama9507
02-04-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm already excited about 2010 ! Let's go Saban ! Do a 3peat !

El Peefs?????
02-05-2009, 12:18 AM
William Gholston, DE, Detroit (MI) Southeastern

This is the guy Im really hoping Michigan can land. Beasts from Detroit named William are good to recruit haha.

Ever since Gholston talked to Robinson at a bball game and learned that we were recruiting him to play LB in our scheme, he has been higher on Michigan. What a monster of a LB he would be, already 6'7 240 at 17.

Hes got a small list hes working on, to: Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon, Illinois, Florida, Miami, Florida State, Alabama, Texas, LSU, USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Purdue, Iowa – mostly all the Big Ten schools – Clemson.

Hokie_Pokie08
02-05-2009, 12:21 AM

He was 320 during the high school season, but his workout sessions with Mel Gray before SA took him down to 290. He has a ton of room to work on his technique as he can just toss kids at the high school level (single A). I am interested to see how he progresses as he has the physical tools and seems to have the work ethic needed to succeed. He isn't close to a finished product which is appealing and should lead to a fun 4 years.

Sniper
02-05-2009, 03:16 AM
This is the guy Im really hoping Michigan can land. Beasts from Detroit named William are good to recruit haha.

Ever since Gholston talked to Robinson at a bball game and learned that we were recruiting him to play LB in our scheme, he has been higher on Michigan. What a monster of a LB he would be, already 6'7 240 at 17.

Hes got a small list hes working on, to: Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon, Illinois, Florida, Miami, Florida State, Alabama, Texas, LSU, USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Purdue, Iowa – mostly all the Big Ten schools – Clemson.

That'd be one hell of a SLB and would definitely help UM's mediocre LB recruiting. For such a big kid, he really moves well.

El Peefs?????
02-05-2009, 04:14 AM
That'd be one hell of a SLB and would definitely help UM's mediocre LB recruiting. For such a big kid, he really moves well.

One thing I like about Michigan's future at LB, even though we only have 1 recruit in this class considered a LB, we have multiple who may end up playing LB. We have a good 3 prospects with potential to be fast, athletic LB's. Mike Jones, Isiah Bell, & even the Gordons both Cameron and Thomas all have the potential to grow into and play LB.

Sniper
02-05-2009, 04:16 AM
One thing I like about Michigan's future at LB, even though we only have 1 recruit in this class considered a LB, we have multiple who may end up playing LB. We have a good 3 prospects with potential to be fast, athletic LB's. Mike Jones, Isiah Bell, & even the Gordons both Cameron and Thomas all have the potential to grow into and play LB.

I don't think Thomas Gordon can. His frame doesn't seem like it could handle 230-240 pounds. He'll make a nice FS.

El Peefs?????
02-05-2009, 04:24 AM
I don't think Thomas Gordon can. His frame doesn't seem like it could handle 230-240 pounds. He'll make a nice FS.

I agree his frame cant handle that much weight. But a lot of LB's at the college level do play in the 220's. I mean look at Hawthorne, there is absolutely no way he is going to get to 230 yet he is considered a pure LB; even though he is smaller than Gordon and has similar speed.

You're right that I doubt T Gordon moves to LB, but it is possible. As far as C Gordon goes, I know he really really wants to play WR. But now that he is at Michigan I don't think it will take our coaches that long to move him to the defensive side of the ball where his potential is the greatest.

keylime_5
02-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Gholston looks like a guy who's gonna fill out to 6-7, 270+, I see him at DE or DT in the end. Intriguing prospect, I think MSU has the edge right now, Ohio State hasn't offered yet though.

Hines
02-05-2009, 08:17 AM
PA, MD, and NJ are going to be good to Penn State this year. We will grab one or two kids from Ohio like we always do, but the three I mentioned will probably do us the most good. I hope we can land MD players Ego Ferguson and Nick Forbes. Both could end up to be high 4 stars and Ferguson could end up being a 5 star.

JayP
02-05-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm liking that ND is already out to a fast start. We already had Christian Lombard and Daniel Smith on board, and yesterday Chris Martin verballed. Chance Carter is supposed to be making his decision after his trip to Stanford, and ND is out in the lead for him too. And the smoke about grabbing Corey Cooper is nice.

There's a lot more needed to fill out the 2010 ND class, but at this point, the only other two recruits I can see ND having an advantage are Anthony Barr and Tai-ler Jones due to family ties to ND. Jones reportedly was in tears when he got his offer on campus at the last Junior Day and almost committed on the spot, but held off. Barr has had ND pushed at him probably since birth by his dad and uncle and ND seems to be leading for him.

The must get for Weis this year is Seantrel Henderson, but this will be a fight with half the country. I'm a bit more confident about ND's chances with Henderson than usual. Weis had been all over this kid for quite some time, and he has high interest in ND. But it's a long time until the next signing day.

P-L
02-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Michigan offered LaTwan Anderson and Tai-ler Jones. Anderson is a DB who runs a legit 4.3 and already has offers from Iowa, Michigan State, and West Virginia. Florida is also talking to him, but he doesn't have an offer. Jones reports a really, really good offer list but looks like Notre Dame's to lose.

CashmoneyDrew
02-05-2009, 12:16 PM
The state of Tennessee has one of it's stronger classes with the 2010 class. The good news just keeps coming for Tennessee. :)

keylime_5
02-05-2009, 12:24 PM
osu is gonna put together a 3rd straight great class it seems like this year, should be more than 20 signees. Some guys I modestly expect us to sign:

JT Moore-DE
Jamel Turner-DE/OLB
Andrew Norwell-OT
Devin Gardner-QB
Scott McVey-LB
Darryl Baldwin-DE
Matt James-OT
Spencer Ware-RB
Erick Howard-RB (if he busts his butt to pass admissions standards)
Alex Smith-TE

most of those guys will be at least 4 stars, probably mid-high 4 stars. There's also chances at these guys:

Willilam Gholston-DE
Ken Wilkins-DE
Corey Brown-RB
Derrick Bryant-DE (not sure we'll offer)
and then there's Jordan Hicks-LB, who is gonna go to Texas and is a total stud I hate to see leave the state.

and then of course in 2011 QB Braxton Miller is gonna be the best QB prospect from Ohio in years - better prospect than Justin Zwick and Brady Quinn were.

Hollywood
02-05-2009, 12:40 PM
The state of Tennessee has one of it's stronger classes with the 2010 class. The good news just keeps coming for Tennessee. :)

It's funny how these things go in cycles. Seems like every area is extremely strong this year and it's not just early hype - most people knew for awhile that 09 was pretty weak. I am also hearing that New Jersey is the strongest it's possibly ever been.

Sniper
02-05-2009, 01:36 PM
GA WR Tai-ler Jones picks up offers from 'Bama, Michigan, Vandy and Duke

http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/article/14414/

SuperKevin
02-05-2009, 01:37 PM

I hope he goes to Duke

Sniper
02-05-2009, 01:37 PM
I hope he goes to Duke

Haha. The ND folks seem awfully confident about him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there.

wicket
02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Haha. The ND folks seem awfully confident about him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go there.

not a lock or anything but yeah i feel we have a really good shot at him. we was really woawed when we offered.

Sniper
02-05-2009, 01:44 PM
According to Scout, Michigan has offered OH DB Latwan Anderson.

sweetness34
02-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Corey Cooper >>> your recruits.

Sniper
02-05-2009, 02:06 PM

False. My team has Ricardo Miller and he rules the free world.

wicket
02-05-2009, 02:12 PM

jeah and you are so convinced he will stay with illinois, sure it could happen but at the moment it is not really likely.

iowatreat54
02-05-2009, 02:14 PM
AJ Derby is the next coming of Charles Woodson.

Sniper
02-05-2009, 02:17 PM
AJ Derby is the next coming of Charles Woodson.

NOW YOU SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH! THAT'S A ******* SIN RIGHT THERE!

Never again, treat. Never again. :D

iowatreat54
02-05-2009, 02:19 PM
NOW YOU SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH! THAT'S A ******* SIN RIGHT THERE!

Never again, treat. Never again. :D

Ok, I exaggerated. How about next coming of Jesus?

Here's waiting for Charles Jr. though...

Jonny
02-05-2009, 02:25 PM
It's funny how these things go in cycles. Seems like every area is extremely strong this year and it's not just early hype - most people knew for awhile that 09 was pretty weak. I am also hearing that New Jersey is the strongest it's possibly ever been.

Who said that? It's the complete opposite, NJ looks baddddd. Worse than 09, which was a down year.

BamaFalcon59
02-05-2009, 02:26 PM
I really want to see another Michael Vick in college.

Would be fun. I just doubt seeing a talent like that anytime soon.

OneToughGame
02-05-2009, 02:30 PM
All I want is Jake Heaps to Washington... Then I'll be a happy person.

Hollywood
02-05-2009, 02:39 PM
I really want to see another Michael Vick in college.

Would be fun. I just doubt seeing a talent like that anytime soon.

There a handful of athletes IMO there will never be a next of. It's nothing to do with greatness, it's just they have a rare combination of amazing skills that you just can never really call anyone the next ____.

Michael Vick is one of them. We will never see a guy with that combo of talent at QB again, IMO*. Barry Sanders is another. His running style was so unique and amazing no one will compare to that again.

*Please no one say OMG Vick was a horrible QB because of whatever and whatever! You miss the point and fail.

BRAVEHEART
02-05-2009, 02:42 PM
List of prospects USC has offered. I bolded the ones I think USC has a good chance of getting.

Jackson Jeffcoat, DE
Anthony Barr, ATH
Marvin Robinson, S/CB
Lache Seastrunk, TB
Ronald Powell, DE
Dietrich Riley, S/CB
Robert Woods, WR

Here are some commits who have a strong possibility to come, but havent been offered yet.

Matthew Jakubiec, OT
Tevin McDonald, S/CB
Dak Smith, DT/OT

And here are the recruits already signed up.

Dillon Baxter, RB/WR
D.J. Morgan, RB

cdub11
02-05-2009, 02:47 PM
List of prospects USC has offered. I bolded the ones I think USC has a good chance of getting.

Jackson Jeffcoat, DE
Anthony Barr, ATH
Marvin Robinson, S/CB
Lache Seastrunk, TB
Ronald Powell, DE
Dietrich Riley, S/CB
Robert Woods, WR

Here are some commits who have a strong possibility to come, but havent been offered yet.

Matthew Jakubiec, OT
Tevin McDonald, S/CB
Dak Smith, DT/OT

And here are the recruits already signed up.

Dillon Baxter, RB/WR
D.J. Morgan, RB

I dont see Jeffcoat going anywhere other than Texas or USC. I hope he chooses Texas since we lost Kennard and Jarvis to USC this year. He is going to the Texas Jr. day this weekend where he will get an offer.

Sniper
02-05-2009, 02:49 PM
I dont see Jeffcoat going anywhere other than Texas or USC. I hope he chooses Texas since we lost Kennard and Jarvis to USC this year. He is going to the Texas Jr. day this weekend where he will get an offer.

You mean you haven't offered him yet?

TexasKing007
02-05-2009, 02:54 PM

Mack Brown does not offer until junior days.

We don't throw out offers like other schools do. That's why we consistently clean up the state. The local kids have been conditioned to think that an offer from Texas is "worth" more than an offer from someone else.

Some fans don't like it, but I don't see a problem with it. You wait until you have a real feel for the kid before you offer him.

TexasKing007
02-05-2009, 02:55 PM

Texas is hoping to get him in for a junior day pretty soon. We might offer him if we do.

bearsfan_51
02-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Some fans don't like it, but I don't see a problem with it. You wait until you have a real feel for the kid before you offer him.

This sounds like an episode of Flavor of Love.

TexasKing007
02-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Texas will be staying in state for the most part, as usual.

But we are reaching out early to a few guys:

WR Trovon Reed - Thibodaux, LA
WR Tai-ler Jones - Gainesville, GA

Those two will be attending our junior day this weekend and will probably be offered.

LB Jordan Hicks - West Chester, OH

Has apparently been a Texas fan his whole life (weird considering where he lives). We tried to get him in this weekend but he will have to reschedule.

kwilk103
02-05-2009, 03:11 PM
yea, texas is one of the few schools that can wait before they offer

for wvu's junior day, it's gonna be a lot smaller than rod's were; doc and stew feel it's better to bring in less players and spend more time with them individually, than bring in a lot and spend less time

coaches already have film on 400 prospects and are starting to rank their board; they figure out how many of each position they want, then divide into 3 tiers (tier 1, 2, 3); then rank within those tiers; once all tier 1 players committ somewhere, they start offering tier 2, and so on

cdub11
02-05-2009, 03:15 PM

Yeah, Mack doesn't offer until he has them in person. I don't mind him waiting to offer though. Although I heard he already offered Jordan Hicks from OH. I am guessing there will be 5-10 commits this weekend.

Some guys I think might commit are:

WR Darius White
WR Darius Terrell
WR Mike Davis
DT Taylor Bible
DE Reggie Wilson
LB Aaron Benson
LB Corey Nelson
LB Dominique Patterson
DB Rashad Favors
DB Ahmad Dixon
DB Adrian White

kwilk103
02-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah, Mack doesn't offer until he has them in person. I don't mind him waiting to offer though.

yea, but you guys can afford to wait; cuz top in-state will wait on a texas offer, and there is so much talent in texas you dont have to leave the state

other schools dont have the luxury

sbh15
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Will Mack Brown sign Mack Brown? I'm hearing Mack Brown is very interested in Florida.

This is going to get confusing.

BamaFalcon59
02-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Lol, yeah.

sbh15
02-05-2009, 03:25 PM
WR Chris Dunkley
WR Kadron Boone
OLB Gerald Chrisitan
OL Brent Benedict
DE BJ Butler
LB Jordan Haden
LB Gideon Ajagbe
LB Tyrone Cornelius

Early Gator leans from what I hear.

bearsfan_51
02-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Ohio State offers Nick Montana (son of Joe).

He currently has offers from OSU, LSU, Stanford, South Carolina, and Arizona.

I imagine he's probably waiting on Notre Dame, USC, or UCLA.

wicket
02-05-2009, 03:43 PM

you would say that but he is REALLY high on lsu, i think he goes there

BRAVEHEART
02-05-2009, 03:49 PM

I dont think USC will offer him at all. If USC goes after a QB this year, It'll probably be Pete Thomas, but I doubt he goes to USC.

http://media.scout.com/media/image/58/588681.jpg

keylime_5
02-05-2009, 03:51 PM
LB Jordan Hicks - West Chester, OH

Has apparently been a Texas fan his whole life (weird considering where he lives). We tried to get him in this weekend but he will have to reschedule.

He's from the southeast originally, moved to Ohio at some point. He has an insane offer list so far.

keylime_5
02-05-2009, 03:52 PM

I hear Joe M. has a beef with Charlie Weis, Notre Dame isn't a slam dunk at all for his kid I don't think. I know he likes LSU and Joe loves Jim Tressel too. He couldn't go wrong with a Stanford education.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
WR Chris Dunkley
WR Kadron Boone
OLB Gerald Chrisitan
OL Brent Benedict
DE BJ Butler
LB Jordan Haden
LB Gideon Ajagbe
LB Tyrone Cornelius

Early Gator leans from what I hear.

Ive heard from multiple places that little Haden is a BC lean.

Ive heard Dunkley is all about FSU.

And Uve heard Gerald Christian is 50/50 Miami or UF.

Outside of those 3, the rest seem spot on.

wicket
02-05-2009, 04:01 PM
I hear Joe M. has a beef with Charlie Weis, Notre Dame isn't a slam dunk at all for his kid I don't think. I know he likes LSU and Joe loves Jim Tressel too. He couldn't go wrong with a Stanford education.

meh i dont think the beef betwween joe and charlie is that bad considering his older son already is at nd (as a walk on though)

sbh15
02-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Ive heard from multiple places that little Haden is a BC lean.

Ive heard Dunkley is all about FSU.

And Uve heard Gerald Christian is 50/50 Miami or UF.

Outside of those 3, the rest seem spot on.

Christian told Rivals Florida is alone at the top, plus he plays with Matt Elam.

I'm the most confident about him of that group.

I think Haden is expendable with all of the other OLB's we're probably picking up, so the possible/existing depth probably is scaring him off. I know nothing about Dunkley, however.

wicket
02-05-2009, 04:05 PM
@JoeyJr09 what can you tell me about Lo Wood. Apparently he is higher on ND than I at least expected and although I do not expect him I heard that ND is in it which is suprising considering his mothers employement by miami and his high school.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Christian told Rivals Florida is alone at the top, plus he plays with Matt Elam.

I'm the most confident about him of that group.

I think Haden is expendable with all of the other OLB's we're probably picking up, so the possible/existing depth probably is scaring him off. I know nothing about Dunkley, however.

I wouldnt be.

He is telling us differently.

That will be one of the bigger Miami/UF battles of this class.

Besides what does him playing with Elam have to do with it? Debose left his teammates. The whole teammate thing is overblown unless its the homeschool after them..

Dwyer isnt a UF homeschool.

Christian, Nix, McCartney. Gonna be some fun battles between us this year.

sbh15
02-05-2009, 04:15 PM
I wouldnt be.

He is telling us differently.

That will be one of the bigger Miami/UF battles of this class.

Besides what does him playing with Elam have to do with it? Debose left his teammates. The whole teammate thing is overblown unless its the homeschool after them..

Dwyer isnt a UF homeschool.

Christian, Nix, McCartney. Gonna be some fun battles between us this year.

Ah, just going off what I know. I just thought that the Elam thing might help... I think the Sanford boys wanted to consider the same schools, but pick the best ones for themselves.

Anyway, the three you listed will be good to watch. Especially Nix - he likes you guys, but he'll have tons of Gator pressure.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 04:16 PM
BTW...why do you say depth is saying off Haden? Aybe he just likes the idea of playing with his other brother more?

sbh15
02-05-2009, 04:18 PM
BTW...why do you say depth is saying off Haden? Aybe he just likes the idea of playing with his other brother more?

I just mean it could scare him off a little. Not entirely.

I would rather play with the BEST brother ;)

Obviously playing time isn't everyone's thing, but look at a guy like Sam Barrington.

He would never have gone to USF if not for Miami's depth.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Lo Wood i far from my area.

Dont know much.

Seems like just another guy to me.

seems like he should be rated in the 5.7 or 5.8 range. High 3, low 4 star

wicket
02-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Lo Wood i far from my area.

Dont know much.

Seems like just another guy to me.

seems like he should be rated in the 5.7 or 5.8 range. High 3, low 4 star

fair enough, suprised that nd offered him this early then (considering that (almost) every other guy we have offered is either a four to five star or a four star local (a fluid definition we have here for local)

fresssh
02-05-2009, 04:24 PM

Easy Targets:

Will need some work:

Highest Priority:

Longshots:

For easy targets I would add OL Jon Ragoo, CB Ravonne Carter,CB Richard Leonnard, and RB Hosey Williams. What do u guys think our chances are with Joyner?

Dior Mathis and Alec Olgtree are heavy Miami leans. Also I heard 3 St. Thomas players are about to commit. Any 1 think we can get sum early.

WR Keiwone Malone is a Mia lean, but I dont think we offered yet.

BamaFalcon59
02-05-2009, 04:27 PM
How good is Will Smith' son?

sbh15
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
LOL, ESPN just called Urban "The King of College Football"... even as a Florida fan that's funny.

They did get one thing right - this will start an epic UT/UF recruiting battle and these two guys are going to use some downright dirty tactics against each other.

JRTPlaya21
02-05-2009, 04:30 PM
How good is Will Smith' son?

Well, besides the fact that he opted to stay on JV when he could have moved up, I guess he's ok. Seems to be a bit more concerned on his image then playing D1 ball.

CC
02-05-2009, 04:39 PM
fair enough, suprised that nd offered him this early then (considering that (almost) every other guy we have offered is either a four to five star or a four star local (a fluid definition we have here for local)

Almost everyone I have read seems to think Lo is a strong Michigan lean.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 05:08 PM
For easy targets I would add OL Jon Ragoo, CB Ravonne Carter,CB Richard Leonnard, and RB Hosey Williams. What do u guys think our chances are with Joyner?

Dior Mathis and Alec Olgtree are heavy Miami leans. Also I heard 3 St. Thomas players are about to commit. Any 1 think we can get sum early.

WR Keiwone Malone is a Mia lean, but I dont think we offered yet.

Mathis and Olgetree are not Miami leans.

Mathis is seen as a backup plan from what I can gather and he's more likely to stay with his teammates at Michigan then to come down to Miami.

Olgetree I've seen linked heavily with UGA.

Hosey Williams isn't gonna get an offer from us and is very low on the list of RBs we are after. No sense in even putting him on the list.

3 St. Thomas players about to commit? The only 3 we are after are Linder, Bernard and Riggs. Considering Riggs and Bernard don't have offers, would be pretty hard for them to commit. Riggs is still being evaluated and Bernard is a backup plan.

Richard Leonard could be added as a potential target for us I suppose.

I've never heard Ragoo or Carter linked to us in any way shape or form and right now are not BCS caliber players.

SchizophrenicBatman
02-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Tai-Ler Jones would be a legacy recruit for ND, so they def have an in with him

on the subject of in-state classes, NC was really weak in 08, better in 09 and 2010 looks damn strong. You gotta wonder if EVERY state looking better this year might just be early hype, though

Newbs24
02-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Lo Wood had a real good showing at the Under Armour camp and ran well for what was projected. I think he is a solid 4 star. On the Rivals 250 to watch for 2010. I think his recruitment ends before the summer. Possibly in March. Michigan feels VERY confident in him. And for a VERY good reason.

BamaFalcon59
02-05-2009, 05:47 PM
I read Kevin Newsome isn't too happy with Penn. State at the moment.

Too bad.

If his brother has a good year I wonder where he (Keevon) ends up.

sweetness34
02-05-2009, 05:49 PM
jeah and you are so convinced he will stay with illinois, sure it could happen but at the moment it is not really likely.

According to whom? Your Irish Eyes guy?

Cooper talked to Zook and told him that not exactly what he said in the interview and right now things are fine with him.

JRTPlaya21
02-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Sure wouldn't mind that pickup Bama.

wicket
02-05-2009, 05:54 PM
According to whom? Your Irish Eyes guy?

Cooper talked to Zook and told him that not exactly what he said in the interview and right now things are fine with him.

amongst others, but well, we will see.

BamaFalcon59
02-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Me neither.

We picked up at least three defensive ends, three other guys who could play the position, this season. But Keevon has some tools.

I wonder if Kevin Newsome's discomfort will lead to anything. I doubt it. Would be nice.

sweetness34
02-05-2009, 05:57 PM
amongst others, but well, we will see.

Amongst others...wanna throw out some names? Did he tell this to Weiss? Because he did in fact talk to Zook and tell him things are fine and that his words were taken out of context in that article.

He's also very good friends with Prater who is an Illini lean at this point.

I'll never say never, but I don't see Cooper jumping ship after what happened after those "rumors" came about. Usually when our guys start talking things aren't good, they pretty much silenced the Cooper rumors a day or two after they broke.

JRTPlaya21
Would be quite nice if he came home. I played against JuJu & Antone for 3 years and they are great athletes and competitors. I hope Beamer & company can make good use of those two.

sweetness34
And I was just messing around with the "Corey Cooper >>> your recruit" thing. Since he's our only verbal right now I was just having some fun.

wicket
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Amongst others...wanna throw out some names? Did he tell this to Weiss? Because he did in fact talk to Zook and tell him things are fine and that his words were taken out of context in that article.

He's also very good friends with Prater who is an Illini lean at this point.

I'll never say never, but I don't see Cooper jumping ship after what happened after those "rumors" came about. Usually when our guys start talking things aren't good, they pretty much silenced the Cooper rumors a day or two after they broke.

the guy for purdue said the same as did a couple of foxsports guys, Yeah he is a really good friend with both prater and cj fied(something more) and chance carter (who is imo a heavy ND lean) but to call prater an illinois lean is really pushing it since he's gone on record as saying he would prolly not take a decision until after his senior season.

BamaFalcon59
02-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Would be quite nice if he came home. I played against JuJu & Antone for 3 years and they are great athletes and competitors. I hope Beamer & company can make good use of those two.

Very cool.

I'm not as high on Juju as others, I'd rather not rely on him as our starting quarterback unless he beats out competition. He may surprise me.

Exum is a beast. What an athlete. Maybe he can stick at quarterback. If not, we will find a spot for him somewhere. I'd like him at safety if QB is a no go.

Were you on the line or skill position? Wasn't Jake Snyder (defensive end) on Exum's team?

wicket
02-05-2009, 06:08 PM
@sweetness34 I have reread a bunch of the stuff i had on corey cooper and yeah I'm still not calling it a solid commit but it is less unsolid than I had in my mind. My bad

sweetness34
02-05-2009, 06:11 PM
the guy for purdue said the same as did a couple of foxsports guys, Yeah he is a really good friend with both prater and cj fied(something more) and chance carter (who is imo a heavy ND lean) but to call prater an illinois lean is really pushing it since he's gone on record as saying he would prolly not take a decision until after his senior season.

That doesn't mean he's not leaning towards Illinois, which he is. We were his first major offer, he camped with us last year, we were the first major school in on him. Prater right now is an Illinois lean, nowhere did I say he would commit to us down the road for sure.

We are Kyle's early leader, not that it matters at this point because there is still a year to go until signing day but we lead for him at this point.

Bama9507
02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
So who are Alabama locks this year ?

JRTPlaya21
02-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Very cool.

I'm not as high on Juju as others, I'd rather not rely on him as our starting quarterback unless he beats out competition. He may surprise me.

Exum is a beast. What an athlete. Maybe he can stick at quarterback. If not, we will find a spot for him somewhere. I'd like him at safety if QB is a no go.

Were you on the line or skill position? Wasn't Jake Snyder (defensive end) on Exum's team?

Skill positions. And yes Snyder was a mennace when we played them. Won't mind 4 years of VT beating down his Cavs.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 06:27 PM
So who are Alabama locks this year ?

The kids that live in Bama.

Duh.

BamaFalcon59
02-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Skill positions. And yes Snyder was a mennace when we played them. Won't mind 4 years of VT beating down his Cavs.

Yeah, he had like 26 sacks this season.

Probably the player, if I could pick one, I would take from Virginia's class and put him in ours. Him, Quentin Hunter, or Tim Smith.

kwilk103
02-05-2009, 06:31 PM
why is newsome upset?

Bama9507
02-05-2009, 06:38 PM
The kids that live in Bama.

Duh.

Why are you being smart with me ?

holt_bruce81
02-05-2009, 06:40 PM
How good is Justin McCay?

sbh15
02-05-2009, 06:42 PM

He's actually not at all. Look at your best prospects this year.

Dre Kirkpatrick, D.J. Fluker, Nico Johnson, Tana Patrick, not to mention Trent Richardson comes from Bama country. And in previous years - Julio Jones, Tyler Love, Burton Scott - Alabama kids are always putting on the Maroon or whatever color you actually are. It's just the way things are.

Bama9507
02-05-2009, 06:45 PM
He's actually not at all. Look at your best prospects this year.

Dre Kirkpatrick, D.J. Fluker, Nico Johnson, Tana Patrick, not to mention Trent Richardson comes from Bama country. And in previous years - Julio Jones, Tyler Love, Burton Scott - Alabama kids are always putting on the Maroon or whatever color you actually are. It's just the way things are.

NO...it's OBVIOUS he meant that with a tone !

JRTPlaya21
02-05-2009, 06:47 PM
That's just Joey. Don't get so bent out of shape.

sbh15
02-05-2009, 06:48 PM
NO...it's OBVIOUS he meant that with a tone !

No, he really didn't. As I said, all of your best players come from Alabama.

There's not much to it.

Bama kids go to Bama - duh. There's no smartassery in that comment, just the truth.

JRTPlaya21
02-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Good question kwilk. I haven't found anything on the web yet.

Bama9507
02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
That's just Joey. Don't get so bent out of shape.

I've come here to talk sports. Not get smart mouth talk from kids. I'm sorry but the "duh" comment was uncalled for.

El Peefs?????
02-05-2009, 07:01 PM
I've come here to talk sports. Not get smart mouth talk from kids. I'm sorry but the "duh" comment was uncalled for.

Smart mouthed? Geez man. 95% of NFLDC is made up of kids anyway, you better get used to sarcasm and quid little comments if you plan on posting here much.

ToldLikeItIs
02-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Iowa 2010

Offers currently..

Paul Jones, Tyler Gabbert, Connor Wood QB
Ben Malena, Eduardo Clements, Andre Dawson RB
Mike Davis, DyJuan Lewis, Matt Milton, Kyle Prater WR
CJ Fiedorowicz TE
Jimmy Gjere, Seantrel Henderson, James Hurst, Andrew Donnal, Nick Demien, Brandon Scherff, James Kohler OT
Beau Allen DT
Dior Mathis, Austin White CB
LaTwan Anderson SS
Tobi Okeyumi, Matt Hoch, Blake Lueders, William Gholston DE
Aj Derby ATH
COmmited James Morris LB

Hoch, Morris, Derby, Dawson, Kohler, pretty much any and every in-state guy I feel very good about right now.

That's it, lol.

I like Lueders the most out of everyone we've offered.

ToldLikeItIs
02-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Joey has had a poorly placed tampon for awhile, this recent Cane recruiting class gave him a brief coronary.

Bama9507
02-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Joey has had a poorly placed tampon for awhile, this recent Cane recruiting class gave him a brief coronary.

I can understand Miami fans being sour. They have underachieved more than ay team in football lately.

wicket
02-05-2009, 07:13 PM
How good is Justin McCay?

rueben randle good, a pretty good comparison for him full stop i believe. With regards to where he goes I honoustly can only tell you that ND has a decent shot since his coach is grunhard is his head coach. But its our only in with this guy so although i would love for him to become irish it will be a tough ride

etk
02-05-2009, 07:13 PM

63rd ranked recruiting class, behind Kent State. One of your top commits was an OT that went to St. Michaels. I played against St. Mike's for 3 years and live 10 min. away from that school....never heard of the guy while he was in Toronto and I follow Ontario HS football like no one else.

Don't talk....

ToldLikeItIs
02-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Macmillan is 09. Keep the threads right ETK.

He's only 17 and has been at The Hun in NJ for a year, probably wasn't that good at 16, or as big, just my guess.

etk
02-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Macmillan is 09. Keep the threads right ETK.

He's only 17 and has been at The Hun in NJ for a year, probably wasn't that good at 16, or as big, just my guess.

He was born in '91? That might explain it. I knew 3 OL on SMC 2 years ago but never heard of this kid.

sbh15
02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Lane Kiffin can count on not getting kids out of Pahokee anymore...

he faxed Nu'Keese's LOI to a different school because he didn't trust the PHS people.

Apparently the coach is quite pissed, and I'd expect him to turn his kids off from UT now.

Speaking of Pahokee kids, which of the big 3/Michigan is De'Joshua Johnson a lean to?

BamaFalcon59
02-05-2009, 08:04 PM
why is newsome upset?

Something about Paul Jones and the Penn. State coaches misleading him.

Said he called VT coaches soon after Paul Jones committed.

Just what I read.

fresssh
02-05-2009, 08:19 PM

Mathis is seen as a backup plan from what I can gather and he's more likely to stay with his teammates at Michigan then to come down to Miami.

Hosey Williams isn't gonna get an offer from us and is very low on the list of RBs we are after. No sense in even putting him on the list.

3 St. Thomas players about to commit? The only 3 we are after are Linder, Bernard and Riggs. Considering Riggs and Bernard don't have offers, would be pretty hard for them to commit. Riggs is still being evaluated and Bernard is a backup plan.

I've never heard Ragoo or Carter linked to us in any way shape or form and right now are not BCS caliber players.

Ragoo, one of the top offensive linemen in the Class of 2010 and a huge one at that already measuring 6-foot-7 and 310 pounds, was walking around the Boyd Anderson gym during Pace’s basketball game against Boyd Anderson with a University of Miami sweatshirt on.

“It’s just a Christmas present from my mom. She was just saying that she likes the UM. We went the game and they treated her right so she just wanted me to put it on and see how it feels. I like it a lot,” Ragoo said.

Ragoo has received offers from UM and LSU, but his mom is clearly a proponent of Miami.

“She likes UM, but she wants me to think about my academics and the atmosphere of the school, but UM has all of the things that I want to do in school and it’s a school that I am really looking into,” Ragoo said.

Ragoo said that he grew up a Miami fan and later on became a Miami/Florida fan because his cousin played at Florida while he was growing up, but his loyalty seems to reside more with the ‘Canes.

“I grew up a UM fan, then later a UM fan slash UF fan cause my cousin played for UF, Teako Brown. He used to play strong safety,” Ragoo. insidetheu.com

Ravonne Carter said he grew up a fan of the University of Miami.

"I want to be there," Carter said. "I like Miami. I like the atmosphere, the players, and the speed. I just want to be a part of it. I want to win a championship at the University of Miami, get drafted, the whole thing."

Carter is also a track standout in the 300 meter hurdles (51.95), 400 meter hurdles (57.38), and the long jump (14-3). insidetheu.com

BamaFalcon59
02-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Oh, and they said his parents pushed him to Penn. State.

BRAVEHEART
02-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Joey, Sbh, Big John (probably you), or anybody that knows something about florida recruiting, can you tell me if Lincoln has any talent in the upcoming years?

fresssh
02-05-2009, 08:33 PM

It’s just that Miami was my team [growing up],” Ogletree said. “It was always my dream when I was younger to play for Miami, so it’s kind of hard believing that I finally got offered by them. It’s like my dream came true.”
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/shared-blogs/ajc/cfbrecruit/entries/2008/09/22/newnans_ogletre.html

The St. Thomas players, I just seen that 3 are close to commiting. I'l put up a link when I find it.

2010 Miami Killian cornerback Richard Leonard has established himself as one of the top cornerback prospects in South Florida this season.

Leonard has been so impressive this season, that he expects an offer soon from UM and that offer may come Sunday after he visits their practice.

“UM is about to offer me,” Leonard said. “They are telling me to come to the practice Sunday so I can see how they look. I have talked to Coach McGriff and he likes how I cover guys. I went to their camp and he saw me play there.” insidetheu.com

Hines
02-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Iowa 2010

Offers currently..

Paul Jones, Tyler Gabbert, Connor Wood QB
Ben Malena, Eduardo Clements, Andre Dawson RB
Mike Davis, DyJuan Lewis, Matt Milton, Kyle Prater WR
CJ Fiedorowicz TE
Jimmy Gjere, Seantrel Henderson, James Hurst, Andrew Donnal, Nick Demien, Brandon Scherff, James Kohler OT
Beau Allen DT
Dior Mathis, Austin White CB
LaTwan Anderson SS
Tobi Okeyumi, Matt Hoch, Blake Lueders, William Gholston DE
Aj Derby ATH
COmmited James Morris LB

Hoch, Morris, Derby, Dawson, Kohler, pretty much any and every in-state guy I feel very good about right now.

That's it, lol.

I like Lueders the most out of everyone we've offered.

I really like Kyle Prater, but I think he is a tight end in college. He has the frame to be one, but isn't very fast. If he isn't a real tight end, HBack seems to be his niche.

sbh15
02-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Joey, Sbh, Big John (probably you), or anybody that knows something about florida recruiting, can you tell me if Lincoln has any talent in the upcoming years?

I live in North Carolina, so I can't really help you.

Lincoln has no players in the Rivals 250 to watch for 2010, however.

I can, however, find out stuff you want to know about:

Robert Crisp (OT) Chapel Hill, NC
C.J. Washington (RB) Chapel Hill, NC

I'm way closer tied to basketball around here though, considering that's what's up here.

BRAVEHEART
02-05-2009, 08:39 PM
I live in North Carolina, so I can't really help you.

Lincoln has no players in the Rivals 250 to watch for 2010, however.

I can, however, find out stuff you want to know about:

Robert Crisp (OT) Chapel Hill, NC
C.J. Washington (RB) Chapel Hill, NC

I'm way closer tied to basketball around here though, considering that's what's up here.

You know about Little Brother and the Justus League?

fresssh
02-05-2009, 08:41 PM
By A Trieu. Mathis holds offers from Cincinnati and Miami, and says that he is 90-95% sure he will commit to the Hurricanes on Sept. 1st. Miami has told him that he will play as a freshman, and that they want him to give an early verbal.

http://www.recruitingplanet.com/forum/michigan-wolverines/19816-10-mi-cb-dior-mathis-official-offer.html

This is old news, but we showed interest and Mia was high on his list. I really hope we can add some natural CB's next class.

sbh15
02-05-2009, 08:43 PM
You know about Little Brother and the Justus League?

No, not really.

P-L
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM

Lo Wood is rumored to be a silent to U-M although neither our insiders nor his father would confirm. We do however, expect an official commit from him the next time he makes it up to Ann Arbor.

By A Trieu. Mathis holds offers from Cincinnati and Miami, and says that he is 90-95% sure he will commit to the Hurricanes on Sept. 1st. Miami has told him that he will play as a freshman, and that they want him to give an early verbal.

http://www.recruitingplanet.com/forum/michigan-wolverines/19816-10-mi-cb-dior-mathis-official-offer.html

This is old news, but we showed interest and Mia was high on his list. I really hope we can add some natural CB's next class.
Will Campbell told one of our insiders that he's pretty positive that Dior and [teammate] Daniel Easterly will come to Michigan. Even though Mathis was a 'canes fan growing up, they are going to have to get serious with him fast or it'll probably be too late.

BRAVEHEART
No, not really.

smh+Facepalm:(

jballa838
Jake Heaps > you. but not you dub.

BRAVEHEART
02-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Jake Heaps > you. but not you dub.

UW?

I think if the Dawgs do ok 7 or 8 wins, he'll go to washington. If they suck I think he'll go to either...

ND
LSU
Ore. St

fresssh
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Lo Wood is rumored to be a silent to U-M although neither our insiders nor his father would confirm. We do however, expect an official commit from him the next time he makes it up to Ann Arbor.

Will Campbell told one of our insiders that he's pretty positive that Dior and [teammate] Daniel Easterly will come to Michigan. Even though Mathis was a 'canes fan growing up, they are going to have to get serious with him fast or it'll probably be too late.

Too late? We got a whole year lol. I dont get all that crazy just cus they say Miami was their dream growing up. Sheldon Richardson this year said the same thing and how he had such an amazing time on his visit, and he still chose Mizzouri over us. I guess it was early that Dior was a lean, I shud of said that were in the picture.

jballa838
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
UW?

I think if the Dawgs do ok 7 or 8 wins, he'll go to washington. If they suck I think he'll go to either...

ND
LSU
Ore. St
Hell no he will not go to ND or LSU. Its going to be:
UW
BYU
USC
thats it.

BRAVEHEART
02-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Hell no he will not go to ND or LSU. Its going to be:
UW
BYU
USC
thats it.

He's not going to USC, I dont even think he listed USC in his top ten. Ore st, UCLA, CAL, and UW where his Pac-10 schools I believe. He really likes ND,BYU, and LSU.

VoteLynnSwan
02-05-2009, 09:09 PM
I really like Kyle Prater, but I think he is a tight end in college. He has the frame to be one, but isn't very fast. If he isn't a real tight end, HBack seems to be his niche.

did you see him at the Army Junior combine? TE? I don't think so man... he was uncoverable.

I'm gonna have to go see him play this year. My former High School is in the same conference as Proviso West... i just hope it isn't at Proviso... because i don't want to go there. Granted at least it isn't Proviso East...

Those of you from the Western Chicago Suburbs will know what I'm talking about... the rest of you... well you get the picture anyway.

Proviso East vs. Proviso West (not sure if they play each other, I'm assuming they do) would be a great game to go see... Corey Cooper vs. Kyle Prater. Good matchup.

Hines
02-05-2009, 09:16 PM
did you see him at the Army Junior combine? TE? I don't think so man... he was uncoverable.

I'm gonna have to go see him play this year. My former High School is in the same conference as Proviso West... i just hope it isn't at Proviso... because i don't want to go there. Granted at least it isn't Proviso East...

Those of you from the Western Chicago Suburbs will know what I'm talking about... the rest of you... well you get the picture anyway.

Proviso East vs. Proviso West (not sure if they play each other, I'm assuming they do) would be a great game to go see... Corey Cooper vs. Kyle Prater. Good matchup.

I loved his highlight film, but I do not think he will be fast enough to play WR in college. Maybe he does get faster, but he just screams tight end to me for some reason. I wouldn't mind him on Penn State though.

jballa838
02-05-2009, 09:16 PM
He's not going to USC, I dont even think he listed USC in his top ten. Ore st, UCLA, CAL, and UW where his Pac-10 schools I believe. He really likes ND,BYU, and LSU.
i pray every night he goes to UW.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM

Must be a new guy.

ironman4579
02-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Just getting the subscription for now.

BRAVEHEART
02-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Must be a new guy.

He doesn't know about "Joey being Joey", lol;)

VoteLynnSwan
02-05-2009, 09:26 PM
I loved his highlight film, but I do not think he will be fast enough to play WR in college. Maybe he does get faster, but he just screams tight end to me for some reason. I wouldn't mind him on Penn State though.

eh, i definitely think he's fast enough for WR in college... You don't have to be extremely fast to play WR in college. In the pros? maybe... but I think he'll be among the top WRs next year.

BamaFalcon59
02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
eh, i definitely think he's fast enough for WR in college... You don't have to be extremely fast to play WR in college. In the pros? maybe... but I think he'll be among the top WRs next year.

Same deal with Logan Thomas. Though Thomas won't have problems getting deep.

BRAVEHEART
02-05-2009, 09:28 PM
i pray every night he goes to UW.

I think you guys have the best shot if you do alright (bowl maybe). Even thought he said nobody was the favorite in his top 10, I feel ND is lurking in the top 3.

Hines
02-05-2009, 09:32 PM

That is true and I do think he will be a 4 star on both sites, but that still doesn't change my mind about him growing into a TE. A very long strider.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Ragoo, one of the top offensive linemen in the Class of 2010 and a huge one at that already measuring 6-foot-7 and 310 pounds, was walking around the Boyd Anderson gym during Pace’s basketball game against Boyd Anderson with a University of Miami sweatshirt on.

“It’s just a Christmas present from my mom. She was just saying that she likes the UM. We went the game and they treated her right so she just wanted me to put it on and see how it feels. I like it a lot,” Ragoo said.

Ragoo has received offers from UM and LSU, but his mom is clearly a proponent of Miami.

“She likes UM, but she wants me to think about my academics and the atmosphere of the school, but UM has all of the things that I want to do in school and it’s a school that I am really looking into,” Ragoo said.

Ragoo said that he grew up a Miami fan and later on became a Miami/Florida fan because his cousin played at Florida while he was growing up, but his loyalty seems to reside more with the ‘Canes.

“I grew up a UM fan, then later a UM fan slash UF fan cause my cousin played for UF, Teako Brown. He used to play strong safety,” Ragoo. insidetheu.com

Ravonne Carter said he grew up a fan of the University of Miami.

"I want to be there," Carter said. "I like Miami. I like the atmosphere, the players, and the speed. I just want to be a part of it. I want to win a championship at the University of Miami, get drafted, the whole thing."

Carter is also a track standout in the 300 meter hurdles (51.95), 400 meter hurdles (57.38), and the long jump (14-3). insidetheu.com

- Regarding Ragoo and Carter: Kids say this all the time. I'm telling you, no one around Miami has heard anything about these kids.Did you not read the article yesterday about kids going around saying they were offered by Miami to get their name out there but in reality they were never offered? Neither of these kids are top targets right now. Like I said, they don't look like BCS prospects.

-Regarding Olgetree: He was a fan of Miami big deal. Would you like me to name the amount of kids that are Miami fans but didn't sign here? He is NOT a Miami lean. I bet I could dig up him saying similar quotes about just about every team that offered him.

- Regarding Mathis: He was offered but he is being looked at by the coaches as a backup plan. We have bigger targets (i.e. Joyner and Marshall) on the board 1st. The article you posted on Mathis is extremely old and he never committed and doesn't have a commitable offer. He is extremely likely to end up at Michigan with his teammates.

-Regarding Leonard from Killian: Should have been on the board. Hes a target and should be an easy get because of his school and his friendship with Lamar Miller.

- Regarding the 3 STA kids close to committing. Not gonna happen right now. Dior Mathis was gonna commit on Sept 1st remember? We don't have 3 STA kids locked up. We have maybe 1. We could get all 3 prospects but it aint happening soon. We would need alot of chips to fall (not all good) in order to land all 3.

Did I miss anything else?

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 09:37 PM
He doesn't know about "Joey being Joey", lol;)

Catchy. I like it.

Over/Under on me being hated on here as much as Manny is in Boston?

sbh15
02-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Catchy. I like it.

Under. Most of the real Sox fans appreciate Manny, we're just kind of sour to his success elswhere and what he pulled to get out. If he were more direct and respectful it wouldn't have been an issue.

Believe me, if he wanted to come back, there would be riots in the street if Theo didn't pull the trigger.

Personally, I appreciate the information you bring, I just think you come off as a slightly overly-cocky Miami fan.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Under. Most of the real Sox fans appreciate Manny, we're just kind of sour to his success elswhere and what he pulled to get out. If he were more direct and respectful it wouldn't have been an issue.

Believe me, if he wanted to come back, there would be riots in the street if Theo didn't pull the trigger.

Personally, I appreciate the information you bring, I just think you come off as a very overly-cocky Miami fan.

Fixed it for you.

sbh15
02-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Fixed it for you.

Well I wasn't trying to start anything, so I made a slight modification in my real beliefs...

But yeah, you did fix it. ;)

BRAVEHEART
02-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Catchy. I like it.

I was thinking about Manny when he was in Boston winning championships, not current manny. He pissed off the fans all the time...but they didn't care, because he's manny.

fresssh
02-05-2009, 09:47 PM
- Regarding Ragoo and Carter: Kids say this all the time. I'm telling you, no one around Miami has heard anything about these kids.Did you not read the article yesterday about kids going around saying they were offered by Miami to get their name out there but in reality they were never offered? Neither of these kids are top targets right now. Like I said, they don't look like BCS prospects.

-Regarding Olgetree: He was a fan of Miami big deal. Would you like me to name the amount of kids that are Miami fans but didn't sign here? He is NOT a Miami lean. I bet I could dig up him saying similar quotes about just about every team that offered him.

- Regarding Mathis: He was offered but he is being looked at by the coaches as a backup plan. We have bigger targets (i.e. Joyner and Marshall) on the board 1st. The article you posted on Mathis is extremely old and he never committed and doesn't have a commitable offer. He is extremely likely to end up at Michigan with his teammates.

-Regarding Leonard from Killian: Should have been on the board. Hes a target and should be an easy get because of his school and his friendship with Lamar Miller.

- Regarding the 3 STA kids close to committing. Not gonna happen right now. Dior Mathis was gonna commit on Sept 1st remember? We don't have 3 STA kids locked up. We have maybe 1. We could get all 3 prospects but it aint happening soon. We would need alot of chips to fall (not all good) in order to land all 3.

Did I miss anything else?

Yea Keiwone Malone.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Well I wasn't trying to start anything, so I made a slight modification in my real beliefs...

But yeah, you did fix it. ;)

No problem.

What kinda of Miami fan would I be if I wasnt brash, cocky and hated by everyone?

BRAVEHEART
This is sorta off-topic, but why are there so many Miami fans here, I see a new one every couple of days....It's quite sickening.

fresssh
And like I said before I dont get caught up on were kids dream of playing. I thought he might of been a Miami lean after that and seeing on scout.

http://scoutcombines.scout.com/a.z?s=450&p=8&c=1&nid=3725155

Newbs24
02-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Latwan Anderson is a kid that I would LOVE seeing play safety for Michigan. Heard he is wide open at this point and Michigan just offered. Many expect him to drag this process out for a while. He is about as fast on tape as you can get. Kid is a ball hawk and destroys anything in his vicinity.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
This is sorta off-topic, but why are there so many Miami fans here, I see a new one every couple of days....It's quite sickening.

Happens all the time.

There are hardcore fans like myself, DJP, etk, Hollywood so on and so forth and then there are the ones that come out of the woodwork when we are getting ready to make another run at the top.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 09:55 PM
And like I said before I dont get caught up on were kids dream of playing. I thought he might of been a Miami lean after that and seeing on scout.

http://scoutcombines.scout.com/a.z?s=450&p=8&c=1&nid=3725155

I like the kid and I'd love to have him and there's def interest. Dont get me wrong on that. We just arent the frontrunners. UGA is and they will be tough to beat.

FWIW don't put much stock into those profile things. Half the time they cant even get the offer list right much less the interest level.

djp
02-05-2009, 09:58 PM

Personally, I appreciate the information you bring, I just think you come off as a slightly overly-cocky Miami fan.

So I read you're from North Carolina, and your fav teams are the Gators and Red Sox.. what are your other favorite teams?

BRAVEHEART
02-05-2009, 09:59 PM
So I read you're from North Carolina, and your fav teams are the Gators and Red Sox.. what are your other favorite teams?

Celtics and red wings, lol.

fresssh
02-05-2009, 10:07 PM

Yeeeaaaa. Were everywhere. Were like coakroches.

tolnaballa
02-05-2009, 10:09 PM
all the way to top..... The U!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QzUDdiRCkM

fresssh
02-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I like the kid and I'd love to have him and there's def interest. Dont get me wrong on that. We just arent the frontrunners. UGA is and they will be tough to beat.

FWIW don't put much stock into those profile things. Half the time they cant even get the offer list right much less the interest level.

Thats true. I think hel make that move to LB and we need him. What kind of chance do u think we have at Joyner. I really hope we get him, he's a Miami type of player. Hes got the swag.

JoeyJr09
02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Thats true. I think hel make that move to LB and we need him. What kind of chance do u think we have at Joyner. I really hope we get him, he's a Miami type of player. Hes got the swag.

Odds just swung in our favor. Hes transferring to Columbus with Jahkari Gore.

He says he wants to leave home and if not for that he'd have already committed to us.

With Gore in his ear all year and being at a big pipeline for us, I fully expect us to be able to land him.

OneToughGame
02-05-2009, 10:26 PM
I know I've said it and he's been brought up a few times but god I love Jake Heaps. <3 As a Washington fan not really anyone else I can talk or hope about getting right now :\

Hollywood
02-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Odds just swung in our favor. Hes transferring to Columbus with Jahkari Gore.

He says he wants to leave home and if not for that he'd have already committed to us.

With Gore in his ear all year and being at a big pipeline for us, I fully expect us to be able to land him.

Wait, Joyner is transferring to Columbus??? I know the MNW rumors were strong for awhile there, first I heard about Columbus, is it a done deal? Awesome if so. I love having a future first team AA DB playing alongside a Cane Legacy in Miami. No freakin' way he goes away to Hicksville or Tally, I don't care what he says right now or who he is a fan of.

wicket
02-06-2009, 06:04 AM
I say ND has a pretty good shot at heaps, CW has been working him for about a year now and he will come in a quite pretty situation for a qb to come into with no qb being in the class above him. Also us getting Teo is a good thing for that since they are both lds. I really have good hopes he comes from the spring visit impressed. We will know it in the summer at the latest either way.

Cigaro
02-06-2009, 06:39 AM
I don't see how Washington misses on Heaps.

P-L
02-06-2009, 07:54 AM
I think the Sarkisian hire really helped Washington's chances with him.

keylime_5
02-06-2009, 08:42 AM
meh i dont think the beef betwween joe and charlie is that bad considering his older son already is at nd (as a walk on though)

I heard a quote from Montana saying Nick wil "not play at ND under Coach Weis".

Sniper
02-06-2009, 08:43 AM

I kin haz link?

Axl Rose
02-06-2009, 11:25 AM

Hard to believe seeing as one of his sons is on the ND football team, Joe is at a lot of ND games, and just a few months ago he came out in support of Charlie when people were calling for his head.

sweetness34
02-06-2009, 11:30 AM
Florida guys;

Any thoughts on Casey Turner RB and Calvin Smith DT? We are sitting well with both from what I understand.

JoeyJr09
02-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Florida guys;

Any thoughts on Casey Turner RB and Calvin Smith DT? We are sitting well with both from what I understand.

Calvin Smith is a prett decent prospect. Should end up being a solid 4 star guy.

I know we are not gonna have a problem landing his teammate Lemonier. Smith wants to come here 2 but you guys are strongly in the mix as well because of Luiget.

Good news for you guys is we already have 2 of the top 5 DTs in the nation committed and weve heard good things about DT/OT Tavadis Glenn and we are in on DT Ego Ferguson as well.

If for some reason we miss on Glenn and Ego or Nix decommits (non of that seems likely ATM but still a ways to go) then we will focus on Smith, but right now hes getting talk as a backup plan and we are on him to help with Lemonier as well but its not looking like we will really need/want Smith in this class which will leave him yours for the taking.

Rite now Im expecting Smith to land with u but things could change from our side down the road.

wicket
02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Joey, what florida guys do you think ND has a good shot at, we offered a few but outside of linder (where we have a decent shot at) i havent got a clue where we standing with guys we have or have not offered?

Turtlepower
02-06-2009, 12:33 PM
My wishlist for 2010:

Brandon Brown, LB
Another Corona Centenial player and after having 6 of them on the roster, I can only hope we get another stud LB.

Marquis Flowers, S
He has amazing combine numbers and also performs well. He will most likely be the #1 prospect in AZ and one of his good friends is on ASU's team already. IMO, this is a must get to make this a quality class.

Nick Rowland, OG
Most likely the #2 AZ recruit, he took a few unofficial visits to Arizona last year, but was really excited when we offered him. Rowland will end up being a huge recruiting battle between Arizona and ASU.

JoeyJr09
02-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Joey, what florida guys do you think ND has a good shot at, we offered a few but outside of linder (where we have a decent shot at) i havent got a clue where we standing with guys we have or have not offered?

If you give me a list of ones youve offered I could let you know.

But I havent really heard u connected to anyone.

Linder has been wrapped for u for awhile now according to a few people.

Bama9507
02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Alabama picks up 4-star Memphis WR/DB Keiwon Malone. So much for Kiffen locking down Memphis.

Bama on the way to a third straight recruiting championship

wicket
02-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Alabama picks up 4-star Memphis WR/DB Keiwon Malone. So much for Kiffen locking down Memphis.

Bama on the way to a third straight recruiting championship

not that difficult when you take 30 guys each year.

BRAVEHEART
02-06-2009, 01:00 PM

How many qualify and make the team?

SuperKevin
02-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Anyone know anything about Gaithersburg S Axel Ofori? I only ask because it's where I went to high school. Rivals lists him at 5'10" 180 lbs and running a 4.46 40 yard dash with a 250 max bench right now.

Bama9507
02-06-2009, 01:03 PM

Don't hate on our championship. Notre Dame fans should just not talk period.

wicket
02-06-2009, 01:04 PM
How many qualify and make the team?

well with bama not 30 im sure about that cause then they would've hit that 85 schollie wall by know, the adjusted rankings are published but receive almost no attention. ND won all the adjusted rankings last year since they almost never lose anyone.

Bama9507
02-06-2009, 01:05 PM
well with bama not 30 im sure about that cause then they would've hit that 85 schollie wall by know, the adjusted rankings are published but receive almost no attention. ND won all the adjusted rankings last year since they almost never lose anyone.

And shows how well that works out for you guys since you don't win anything ever.

wicket
02-06-2009, 01:08 PM
And shows how well that works out for you guys since you don't win anything ever.

jeah cause we did not get better than last year still playing mainly freshmen and sophomores. sure hating on nd is fun and all but at least have a sense of reality.

wicket
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
btw joey i pm'ed you that florida ND recruit list

Sniper
02-06-2009, 01:13 PM
jeah cause we did not get better than last year still playing mainly freshmen and sophomores. sure hating on nd is fun and all but at least have a sense of reality.

An ND fan telling people to set a sense of reality. Come on wicket, that was too easy. You're better than that.

wicket
02-06-2009, 01:17 PM
An ND fan telling people to set a sense of reality. Come on wicket, that was too easy. You're better than that.

did you ever hear me give unreal projections. but yeah we (nd fans) do have a slightly elevated expectation in general, but saying that our recruits of the last two years have done nothing is such bs that i had to show some emotion in it.

wicket
02-06-2009, 01:19 PM
maybe someone can tell me here btw, does which recruiting rankings does the ncaa football game most closely follor scout, espn or rivals. I ask this bc i will have the new one flown in as soon as its out.

Axl Rose
02-06-2009, 02:05 PM
If you give me a list of ones youve offered I could let you know.

But I havent really heard u connected to anyone.

Linder has been wrapped for u for awhile now according to a few people.

I think ND will have the top OL class in 2010 with Christian Lombard, Brandon Linder, Sentrael Henderson, and James Hurst.

djp
02-06-2009, 02:07 PM
maybe someone can tell me here btw, does which recruiting rankings does the ncaa football game most closely follor scout, espn or rivals. I ask this bc i will have the new one flown in as soon as its out.

I think they use Scout mostly

Axl Rose
02-06-2009, 02:08 PM

You do realize ND has destroyed Alabama almost every time they played. I think ND has a 7-1 record against Alabama including a win in the the 66 NC game.

SuperKevin
02-06-2009, 02:14 PM
Anyone think teams will be scared to recruit Melvin Alaeze's younger brother Joshua Alaeze? He's a 6'1" 230 lb MLB who has been timed in the mid 4.6 range. he already has offers from New Mexico and Pitt.

BRAVEHEART
02-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Anyone think teams will be scared to recruit Melvin Alaeze's younger brother Joshua Alaeze? He's a 6'1" 230 lb MLB who has been timed in the mid 4.6 range. he already has offers from New Mexico and Pitt.

No, unless he has a history of acting up like his brother.

CroomDawgs
02-06-2009, 02:25 PM
Don't hate on our championship. Notre Dame fans should just not talk period.
Too bad you can't win real championships...
Not to mention your state is so pathetic that in the 70's (1978 i believe) your government thought the team should have been national champions over ND, so you made them the national champions in the state of alabama, nowhere else. What a joke.

sbh15
02-06-2009, 02:36 PM
No problem.

What kinda of Miami fan would I be if I wasnt brash, cocky and hated by everyone?

You'd be an FSU fan. What would you have to be cocky about!

I get this all the time... I got into sports as a little kid because I'm basically the youngest kid of all my family and I wanted to watch what my family was watching and root for who they rooted for. It conveniently happened that my first baseball game I watched was with my family from Massachusetts (the rest of my immediate family are Yankees fans besides me and that group lol), first football game was with my family in Maryland, and my dad went to Florida so he sort of made me a Gator fan. Plus I've moved around a bunch (3 times), so I never really had a home town team.

bigbenn
02-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Corey Cooper and Kyle Prater are as locked to Illinois as you can be. Forget all the BS you read (And yes I know the words "came out of Cooper's mouth he almost commited to ND). I know these two will be signing with Illinois. 100% fact. There are also several big time ballers in Florida Illinois has great shots at.

fresssh
02-06-2009, 02:41 PM
Joey. What about LB Jeff Luc? 1 of the best LB's in the state. And he plays MLB. Sounds like someone we really need to target.

BigJohn98
02-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Apparently these guys could pull the trigger soon for FSU:

OL Ed Christian, DT Brandon Willis, DT Denzel McCoy, LB Christian Jones and CB Lamarcus Joyner

Hollywood
02-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Joey. What about LB Jeff Luc? 1 of the best LB's in the state. And he plays MLB. Sounds like someone we really need to target.

If Jeff Luc doesn't get any bigger I really like him as a MLB prospect too. Problem is though is it looks like he will get a lot bigger and as a 6 foot DE he isn't a great prospect.

Marino13
02-06-2009, 03:45 PM
from what I understand, next year could be a very very good class for Michigan.

JoeyJr09
02-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Apparently these guys could pull the trigger soon for FSU:

OL Ed Christian, DT Brandon Willis, DT Denzel McCoy, LB Christian Jones and CB Lamarcus Joyner

Christian Jones is an FSU lock.

Don't know much about the other guys other then Joyner.

I'm expecting Joyner to be an FSU/Miami battle but I'm fully expecting to land him at the end of the day.

He's already said if not for wanting to leave home, he'd be at Miami. When you factor in that he likes us that much already. Plus the fact he is transferring to a big Miami pipeline like Columbus and will have Jahkari Gore as a teammate all year. I'm expecting us to be able to seal the deal with him for his signature.

JoeyJr09
02-06-2009, 04:16 PM

Heard of him just in passing.

He really isn't a great fit for us. Really wierd size combo for our scheme. I'm almost inclined to say he has to put on alot of weight an be a DT.

He'll be too wide and slow for MLB and he's too short and slow for DE.

He most his hips real well and can shed blocks and his instincts are solid. But I don't know if he will fit what we are trying to do and he certainly isn't explosive nor hes he have top notch speed.

I really think he could be a long term project DT but I haven't seen him enough to know if his frame is big enough to hold the weight.

We'll see. I haven't heard of him being high on the Miami board at all.

Hollywood
02-06-2009, 04:37 PM
He most his hips real well and can shed blocks and his instincts are solid. But I don't know if he will fit what we are trying to do and he certainly isn't explosive nor hes he have top notch speed.

See to me that is what makes the perfect MIKE. You don't have to have top notch speed, you just have to be able to take on the guards and center and be able to shed blocks. To play in Shannon's system you also have to be extremely smart of course.

You're right in that he does have an odd height/weight combo so we'll see. Can't wait to see what he does in the off season camps.

JoeyJr09
02-06-2009, 04:46 PM
See to me that is what makes the perfect MIKE. You don't have to have top notch speed, you just have to be able to take on the guards and center and be able to shed blocks. To play in Shannon's system you also have to be extremely smart of course.

You're right in that he does have an odd height/weight combo so we'll see. Can't wait to see what he does in the off season camps.

Not if we are going back to Randy's system.

Speed is a must with what he ran. Yes I agree MLB need some of the sbove but with what Randy runs you need speed as well.

Look at Vilma, Morgan, Beason, Gooden.

All super fast.

Then you got a slow one like Cook and look bad he was. He didn't have a good year until BY got here and implemented a different defense that does emphasize speed as much.

Hollywood
02-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Not if we are going back to Randy's system.

Speed is a must with what he ran. Yes I agree MLB need some of the sbove but with what Randy runs you need speed as well.

Look at Vilma, Morgan, Beason, Gooden.

All super fast.

Then you got a slow one like Cook and look bad he was. He didn't have a good year until BY got here and implemented a different defense that does emphasize speed as much.

Well I don't think we have an accurate 40 time on Luc though. He could be one of those guys that drops 5 pounds and goes out and runs a 4.5. Could also really be a 4.8 guy like his time is reported as right now, I just don't buy it.

Like I said though, definitely an interesting guy to watch and see what he does in the offseason at the camps.

JoeyJr09
02-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Well I don't think we have an accurate 40 time on Luc though. He could be one of those guys that drops 5 pounds and goes out and runs a 4.5. Could also really be a 4.8 guy like his time is reported as right now, I just don't buy it.

Like I said though, definitely an interesting guy to watch and see what he does in the offseason at the camps.

Judging by how slow he looked in his tape. I'd say its accurate.

Bama9507
02-06-2009, 04:56 PM
You do realize ND has destroyed Alabama almost every time they played. I think ND has a 7-1 record against Alabama including a win in the the 66 NC game.

Oh my god they beat the in the 1966 title game ?!?!? NOOOOOO ! :eek: