PDA

View Full Version : Brad Johnson

FinChase
03-05-2007, 01:11 PM
FWST is reporting Brad Johnson is visiting Valley Ranch: http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/16838391.htm

BX
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Johnson would be a solid pickup for the team.

DallCowby1
03-05-2007, 02:08 PM
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16838391.htm

I'm not onboard with the possibility of signing Johnson. We just released an old QB who is a sitting duck in the pocket.

If we want that, then just wait Bledsoe out & resign him.

JJT of the Morning News said the Cowboys wanted a younger experienced backup who would push Romo. He brought up the names of Patrick Ramsey & Joey Harrington.

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 02:21 PM
But our O-line will be much improved, so a sitting duck QB won't be as bad as last year.

DallCowby1
03-05-2007, 02:48 PM
We hope the protection is better.

Just my opinion. I would rather have a younger exp. QB like a Ramsey or Harrington backing up Romo.

I just don't like having Johnson as the backup. Testaverde, Bledsoe, been their, done that. Time to try something different.

We don't need a tutor for Romo. The Cowboys already have Garrett & Wilson for that.

Let's face it, if Romo goes down, we are screwed. So I say roll the dice with a player with some upside.

TH3
03-05-2007, 02:49 PM
We hope the protection is better.

Just my opinion. I would rather have a younger exp. QB like a Ramsey or Harrington backing up Romo.

I just don't like having Johnson as the backup. Testaverde, Bledsoe, been their, done that. Time to try something different.

We don't need a tutor for Romo. The Cowboys already have Garrett & Wilson for that.

Let's face it, if Romo goes down, we are screwed. So I say roll the dice with a player with some upside.

Ramsey, Brooks, Harrington would al be nice backups

FinChase
03-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Granted, I didn't see Johnson play much last year, but I sort of like the idea of a wiley vet like Johnson being another pair of eyes on the sideline--someone who can talk to Romo about what he's seeing. I read somewhere that Troy Aikman said that having another QB like that who he could talk to was a huge help to him.

However, I must admit that someone like Ramsay is a much more interesting pickup.

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I am all for Brooks.

FinChase
03-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I am all for Brooks.

Please! Not Brooks!

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Why, he is not that old, has experience, and when in a good situation he could win some games. Not even peyton manning can win in oakland.

LSUALUM99
03-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I think Brooks is terrible. I like Johnson as the backup. I like Ramsey and Harrington as backups too. I prefer Ramsey to them all.

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 05:03 PM
I am fine with Ramsey as well.

Macarthur
03-05-2007, 05:32 PM
At least Johnson has proven he can win in this league. Ramsey (whom I like) or Harrington have not. I don't think either of those guys would push Romo. IF those two can push Romo, then he's not the QB we all think he is.

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Man it sucks for Ramsey, I think he needs another STARTING opportunity. He was 1st round pick.

Damix
03-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Bring back QUINCY CARTER!

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Hey, don;t disrespect him like that. He had the talent to be a pro-bowler, just messed his life up. Did anyone catch Outside the Lines the other day? He was on it and I just feel bad for him, he was almost in tears because he knows he could be getting paid like a Michael Vick or Donovan McNabb right now. I know he broughbt it upon himself, but I just feel bad for the guy.

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Anyone other than Brooks is fine with me. You have to wonder if Harrington would be a lead candidate considering that he worked with Jason Garrett last year and that seemed to be a bounce back year for Harrington. Also, Kerry Collins could be a candidate because Garrett was a teammate of his in NY and was a good friend to him during those tumultous times for Kerry.

Burns336
03-05-2007, 06:30 PM
we just signed johnson to a 3 year deal. im pretty disgusted with this.

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Same hear, he will be 41 when the deal is over..........WTF?

jdnoyes
03-05-2007, 07:28 PM
You guys are getting this 3.5M in the first year confused with base salary, he most likely signed for 3 year/6M or so, which is decent salary for a veteran backup, who can manage the team for a couple of games if Romo goes down.

swagger
03-05-2007, 10:27 PM
God, Brad Johnson is terrible. He was absolutely awful his last two years in Tampa, and even worse this past season in Minnesota. You guys better hope Romo doesn't get hurt, because Johnson is toast.

I can't believe he got $3.5 million salary year one.....

BX
03-06-2007, 12:33 AM
I seem to recall Johnson doing a good job managing the Vikings right after Culpepper went down in '05. And let's not forget that there was probably be a third stringer on the roster if necessary.

Modano
03-06-2007, 02:28 AM
God, Brad Johnson is terrible. He was absolutely awful his last two years in Tampa, and even worse this past season in Minnesota. You guys better hope Romo doesn't get hurt, because Johnson is toast.

I can't believe he got $3.5 million salary year one.....

There are very few teams who can do well if their starting QB get hurt... Put Tom Brady out of New England, Peyton Manning out of Indianapolis etc...

swagger
03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
I seem to recall Johnson doing a good job managing the Vikings right after Culpepper went down in '05. And let's not forget that there was probably be a third stringer on the roster if necessary.

Weak part of the schedule. And it was the defense and special teams winning games, not Johnson.

When the Vikes played legitimate competition, Johnson was terrible....i.e. at home against Pittsburgh, I believe he had 3 turnovers including 2 in the red zone.

Go Cowboys
03-07-2007, 05:16 PM
We all know Brad will be here a year maybe 2 tops, he is here incase of an injury or a Romo breakdown. Don't get to wrapped up on length.

shane_man
03-08-2007, 07:07 AM
I think Jerry and the boys are also looking at Johnson maybe taking over from Garret as Offensive coordinator when its all said and done(two maybe three years down the track.)

If David Carr gets the boot. I wouldnt mind him being brought in to challenge Romo... although i feel other teams will offer him the starting job. Realistically I believe he should have to earn that position as you cant blame his troubles in Houston solely on the offensive line.

Either way if our depth chart coming into this season looks like;
Tony Romo
______
Brad Johnson...

Ill be pretty happy. Maybe we overpaid a little for Johnson but we get a QB with significant gametime in the last two years... That cant be understated...

thule
03-08-2007, 02:00 PM
It has been stated that Johnson will be playing the backup role. He is to be ready to play at all times during the season. He won't be a #3 he is the #2 guy.