PDA

View Full Version : Russell has floating bone fragments in his ankle

02-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Raiders owner Al Davis revealed Wednesday that JaMarcus Russell has floating bone fragments in his ankle.
Davis didn't say if Russell needs surgery, but that seems likely. The procedure would threaten his status for OTAs. Russell appeared on the injury report late last year with the ankle issue, but it didn't cost him any starts. He finished his first full season starting with a 13:8 TD to INT ratio.

per rotoworld

Any thoughts? This should've been taken care of already, imo. The last thing he needs is to start missing OTA's in his third year, especially after a lost rookie season that had much to do with his slow progress.

Stash
02-05-2009, 11:17 PM
That just sucks if he misses OTA's. When are the Raiders gonna catch a break?

garethjwelsh
02-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Considering we are getting in new QB coach and new passing game coordinater he could really have done with getting some work in.
Although maybe this will mean he will have to learn to be a bit of a film room rat for a few months, if he can learn that I almost think that might be more useful than OTA's...
Although in Cable's press conference he said Russell was in the office already.. Hope that is true..

Komp
02-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Russel is an extremely hard worker. I was getting pretty tired of all the rumors that he was lazy, fat, etc. I can see him having a breakout year next year if he can get some OL/WR help.

Kurve
02-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Considering we are getting in new QB coach and new passing game coordinater he could really have done with getting some work in.
Although maybe this will mean he will have to learn to be a bit of a film room rat for a few months, if he can learn that I almost think that might be more useful than OTA's...
Although in Cable's press conference he said Russell was in the office already.. Hope that is true..

im sure he gets enough film as is what is most important thing is russell being out there getting chemestry with the wrs and te's and have his accuracy better then it was last year thats the only way russell can approve qb and wrs have to become best friends during the off season and really get a chemestry