PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Williams

yourfavestoner
03-05-2007, 01:41 PM
With the Jaguars signing of Tony Pashos, Mo Williams has been relegated as a backup, and I highly doubt the Jaguars will keep him to sit on the bench when he's being paid $5 million this year.

I know the Cowboys are a team with a need at RT. What do you think they'd be willing to offer for Williams?

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Nothing. How do you just assume these trades will happen........

We are probably re-signing Colombo, who is even better than Pashos. And even if we don't we are not trading for Williams.

Just like you think the Jags will take Reggie Nelson. Ummm no they won't, the earliest he goes is at 22 to the Cowboys. Sorry.

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I think a 5th round pick would be fair.

Same what James Hall got for the Lions.

yourfavestoner
03-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Nothing. How do you just assume these trades will happen........

We are probably re-signing Colombo, who is even better than Pashos. And even if we don't we are not trading for Williams.

Just like you think the Jags will take Reggie Nelson. Ummm no they won't, the earliest he goes is at 22 to the Cowboys. Sorry.

When did I ever say that I assume that it will be Dallas who trades for him? Every indication I've gotten is that Colombo was terrible last year, and the Cowboys are looking for an upgrade. Also, it's funny that you say I assume "these trades will happen" when this is the first time I've talked about anybody getting dealt.

And who is to say that the Jaguars won't draft Reggie Nelson? Is he really that undeserving of the 18th pick of the draft - a whopping four picks before Dallas?

Modano
03-05-2007, 03:51 PM
I thnk that Maurice Williams is better than Colombo.. He's a pretty solid guy, and Jaguars' OL had a good reputation these last years..

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 03:59 PM
You guys can take Greg Ellis.

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Are you serious? Why is everyone saying Colombo sucks? D-Unit can you please post a sticky saying Colombo played like a pro-bowler.

Colombo was a pro-bowl snub last year, and you think he is terrible? lol, I love it when people don't know what they are talking about. I don't even know who Mo Williams is, and if you think he is better than Colombo, Modano, stop watching football.

D-Unit
03-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Are you serious? Why is everyone saying Colombo sucks? D-Unit can you please post a sticky saying Colombo played like a pro-bowler.

Colombo was a pro-bowl snub last year, and you think he is terrible? lol, I love it when people don't know what they are talking about. I don't even know who Mo Williams is, and if you think he is better than Colombo, Modano, stop watching football.
Why would I do anything to help you? You're an irritating bug... who we all have to put up with.

Believe it or not, everything you say or think is not Fact.

Columbo doesn't suck, be he does need to improve in some aspects of his game and has a lot of proving left to do. He's obviously an ingrate holding out for big money. He's been nothing but a one year wonder who excelled in a contract year.

TNewFan41
03-05-2007, 04:47 PM
He is one of the best pass protectors in the league.

LSUALUM99
03-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Says who? He's ok, but he's an average OL. Not good, not bad. As far as I'm concerned he's a JAG (just a guy). If he had 2-3 good seasons in a row I might feel otherwise.

Remember we played with alot of 2-TE sets. This was specifically to assist in helping our tackles with pass blocking. It succeeded in several ways. I think that assists in making Columbo look better than he might be otherwise.

He was very good at avoiding penalties though, and that I do appreciate greatly.

Modano
03-06-2007, 02:39 AM

I've seen 3 Juaguars games this year because I love Mo Drew (who share my name) and the one we played against them. Maurice Williams seems like a solid guy, maybe this jaguars fan can say us how good he is. Jacksonville's line, btw, was very good all year long...
I like Colombo but he was not so good in run blocking. And maybe McQuistan could handle the job, was McQuistan who made two amazing blocks freeing Austin up to return that kickoff all the way against Seattle..