PDA

View Full Version : Who gets cut?

RaiderNation
02-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Right now I think the following player should/will get cut soon

OT Kwame Harris( Getting paid way to much and isnt that good)
WR Ronald Curry( He has played decent but we are paying him to much to be a 3rd WR)
DT Terdell Sands(Had one good season and we payed him. Its gone down hill from there)
FS Michael Huff( Reports are saying he will be. I say give him one more year but thats not my decision)

We need restructure some contracts too. Players like Javon Walker, Robert Gallery and Gerald Warren are getting paid way to much.

If we can cut/restructure all these players we will have a good amount of money to spend. I hope we atleast send offers at Jordan Gross, TJ Whosyourmamma and Juluis Peppers.

Kurve
02-09-2009, 12:45 PM
cut list

javon walker
kwame harris
ronald curry
michael huff
terdell sands

trade
justin fargas (3-5 rounder) we need focus on the young guys Mcfadden & Bush
if we can get a blockbuster deal something like a 09 1s, 2nd 2010 1st or second then i could franchise and trade Nnamdi

As for free agents i dont know how many FAs we could bring in we spent all that money last year plus the situation the raiders are in.....i say scratch the FA market as of now and focus on bringing young talent through the draft and improve in the team chemistry first before we can bring people in to help us.....UNLESS we can land big time WR

Komp
02-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Is Javon Walker even coming back? I'd be surprised if he didn't retire this offseason, it was pretty obvious he didn't have much of a desire to play.

RaiderNation
02-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Is Javon Walker even coming back? I'd be surprised if he didn't retire this offseason, it was pretty obvious he didn't have much of a desire to play.

I doubt he retires. He will be getting payed big bucks this season. I hope he does retire though. Would save us alot of cap

RaiderNation
02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
cut list

javon walker
kwame harris
ronald curry
michael huff
terdell sands

trade
if we can get a blockbuster deal something like a 09 1s, 2nd 2010 1st or second then i could franchise and trade Nnamdi

As for free agents i dont know how many FAs we could bring in we spent all that money last year plus the situation the raiders are in.....i say scratch the FA market as of now and focus on bringing young talent through the draft and improve in the team chemistry first before we can bring people in to help us.....UNLESS we can land big time WR

I could see maybe the eagles giving us a 5th rounder for Fargas. As for Nnamdi I hope we resign him long term. If we dont we might as well trade him for what we can get since he will likely leave next season anyways. We have to try to get Gross. Signing Gross would allow us to address dline and WR earlier. Maybe draft Raji with #7 then Nicks or Britt in the 2nd would be good

Donno
02-09-2009, 11:52 PM
cut list

javon walker
kwame harris
ronald curry
michael huff
terdell sands

trade

If this is true the Raiders would get a good amount of cap off their back which is nice

locseti
02-23-2009, 12:24 AM
I think cutting Gibril was a huge mistake, we don't have any safety's as it is.

Kurve
02-23-2009, 12:39 AM
yeah i was little shocked to see him cut but i guess he wasnt happy in oakland and no need to have people not happy there especially when we still stock on rebuilding this team

Kurve
02-28-2009, 03:02 AM
why havent we cut walker that bum

doingthisinsteadofwork
02-28-2009, 08:31 PM
The main problem I have with cutting gibril is that the dline still sucks.

thenewfeature06
02-28-2009, 08:45 PM
dawkins would have looked ridiuclous in black and silver

Shahin
03-15-2009, 03:51 PM
dawkins would have looked ridiuclous in black and silver

Hell yeah.....dude's old though.