PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Curtis in NY

Number 10
03-05-2007, 03:05 PM
To visit with Reese tonight.

Annnnd Amani Toomer re-structured his deal for the team. Gotta love him.

This is my first bold FA prediction-Curtis signs tonight or tommorow.

GiantRutgersFan
03-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Excellent. I think he has a good amount of starting potential and if nothing else provides us with some quality depth that we sorely need.

I think he would be an excellent pickup.

Number 10
03-05-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't want him if he is demanding a similar contract to what Bennett got.

GiantRutgersFan
03-05-2007, 03:59 PM
I don't want him if he is demanding a similar contract to what Bennett got.

I wouldnt go quite that big, But I would give him a generous offer.

HawkeyeFan
03-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Rumor is Curtis is demanding alot of money. He hasn't been satisfied with Minnesota or Detroit, and didn't resign with the Rams.

scottyboy
03-05-2007, 04:27 PM
he wants #1 or 2 WR money. if we get him, this year he may be a 3 or 4! toomer is eli's security blanket and plax is our obvious number 1 and i dont want to hinder moss' time to grow and get some time. he would defintaly make our WR corp scary and would be excellent insurance but im just not sure about the price tag

GiantRutgersFan
03-05-2007, 06:13 PM
He apparently fired his agent today. Not sure what that means for us.

ricky bobby
03-05-2007, 06:32 PM
This draft is way too deep for us to be paying him anything more than #3 wide reciever money.

princefielder28
03-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I thought he was a sure bet to go to Detroit but if NYG can land him he'll really help Plaxico and Eli

hugegmenfan
03-05-2007, 08:06 PM
I thought he was a sure bet to go to Detroit but if NYG can land him he'll really help Plaxico and Eli

ya i was sure he was going there too- he is exactly the kind of WR we need imo he makes catches over the middle and is fast and can really get out of coverage
i do not want to pay him too much (not like what bennett got) but if we could land him for a little less that would b great

I'm incredibly excited also toomer restructured his contract- he was the 3rd highest paid player on the team b4 this

Damix
03-05-2007, 08:08 PM
His firing his agent is a bad sign for us, the reason behind the firing was he couldn't get a contract done with Detriot, he wants to play there it seems

hugegmenfan
03-05-2007, 08:16 PM

do u have a link for both?

Forenci
03-05-2007, 08:40 PM

I love Amani Toomer. Clearly he's a team player. I find it nice how a lot of players like to stay with the Giants for their entire career. We're one of the few teams that have kept several players for their entire careers. Amani will assumingly be one, Strahan (probably), Tiki, and countless more. Says a lot about the organization when they can keep some of those big name guys with Free Agency around.

GiantRutgersFan
03-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Did he ever show up?

I think now that we signed droughns, if we sign Curtis we can go Defense all throughout day one of the draft.

GiantRutgersFan
03-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Anyone know anything about this?

Number 10
03-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Anyone know anything about this?

He visited, but did not sign and went down to Philly.

Apparantly he is demanding more than 6 years-$30 million.

BigBlue58KiperIII
03-10-2007, 12:09 PM
No thanks Kevin! I say we draft a WR on the first day. I have felt its more a priority than most people do but i think we can find someone good in the second. I know Sidney Rice is falling, i doubt he falls to us but I would take him if he does. but other guys like Craig Davis are good players too. Personally i dont see 7 WR going in Round 1 so that means 1st round quality players will shift down into the 2nd where we might be able to grab someone that should have gone higher.