PDA

View Full Version : Why I say no to Boldin

Pages : 1 [2]

ElectricEye
02-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Read it over again.

I did. So you're arguing that Wells benefited from a lot of carries...yet you're not willing to accept that he was more effective than Hunt, albeit in a limited role, since his freshman year? Those two arguments usually go against one another. It's particularly offensive because when Pittman, who was a much better back than Hunt ever was, went to the NFL Wells got all the more effective. His YPC actually went up when he was "carrying the load". Might not have gotten touchdowns as frequently, but that's because he was primarily used as a goal line back his freshman year.

twista6002
02-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I did. So you're arguing that Wells benefited from a lot of carries...yet you're not willing to accept that he was more effective than Hunt, albeit in a limited role, since his freshman year? Those two arguments usually go against one another. It's particularly offensive because when Pittman, who was a much better back than Hunt ever was, went to the NFL Wells got all the more effective. His YPC actually went up when he was "carrying the load". Might not have gotten touchdowns as frequently, but that's because he was primarily used as a goal line back his freshman year.

My argument is that Hunt's YPC and touches per TD were lower because he was the load carrier, whereas Wells was a change of pace/goalline back. A decent bulk of his carries and touchdowns were while he was on fresh legs and the defense was worn down. And a big factor to Wells higher YPC in the following years is the decline of the Big 10. It used to be arguably the best conference in the country and the last fews years it might be the worst BCS conference minus the Big East.

Sniper
02-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Why are we still comparing Hunt to Wells? They're nothing alike. Wells is bigger, faster, stronger, more physical, a better pass blocker and a better football player.

ElectricEye
02-12-2009, 12:23 PM
My argument is that Hunt's YPC and touches per TD were lower because he was the load carrier, whereas Wells was a change of pace/goalline back. A decent bulk of his carries and touchdowns were while he was on fresh legs and the defense was worn down. And a big factor to Wells higher YPC in the following years is the decline of the Big 10. It used to be arguably the best conference in the country and the last fews years it might be the worst BCS conference minus the Big East.

So because the Big 10 got weaker as a conference it makes Wells less of a prospect than Hunt? That's completely eliminating the entire talent aspect of the equation.

Hell, Penn State didn't even miss a beat the year after Hunt left. Kinlaw actually out performed him. You can't completely attribute that to the conference getting worse. It's been pretty bad for the past four years or so, IMO.

twista6002
02-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Why are we still comparing Hunt to Wells? They're nothing alike. Wells is bigger, faster, stronger, more physical, a better pass blocker and a better football player.

Wells has much better physical skills, but still didn't seperate himself from our most recent running back bust too much in college. He's an underachiever and injury prone. He's the polar opposite of what I want in a football player. I want a guy that might not have the best skills but is an overachiever (Westbrook, Runyan). Wells isn't that guy. Sorry. End of story. Oh and I have the Big 10 network and watched the OSU - Penn State game from this year. Youtube highlights are nice but actual game tape speaks a lot louder. It should be on where you guys are sometime later today or tomorrow, check it out and get back to me about Wells.

Sniper
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Wells has much better physical skills, but still didn't seperate himself from our most recent running back bust too much in college. He's an underachiever and injury prone. He's the polar opposite of what I want in a football player. I want a guy that might not have the best skills but is an overachiever (Westbrook, Runyan). Wells isn't that guy. Sorry. End of story. Oh and I have the Big 10 network and watched the OSU - Penn State game from this year. Youtube highlights are nice but actual game tape speaks a lot louder. It should be on where you guys are sometime later today or tomorrow, check it out and get back to me about Wells.

The same OSU/PSU game where the entire OL took a three hour long nap? MMk. How is he an underachiever?

twista6002
02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
So because the Big 10 got weaker as a conference it makes Wells less of a prospect than Hunt? That's completely eliminating the entire talent aspect of the equation.

Hell, Penn State didn't even miss a beat the year after Hunt left. Kinlaw actually out performed him. You can't completely attribute that to the conference getting worse. It's been pretty bad for the past four years or so, IMO.

I never said Hunt is a better prospect, my point is that there isn't much difference between them.

Big 10 records in bowl games
2004-2005: 3-3
2005-2006: 3-4
2006-2007: 2-3
2007-2008: 3-5
2008-2009: 1-6

Gay Ork Wang
02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Wait, Kurt Warner talked back to his coach. Kurt Warner = TO?

I mean there are so many things that speak against him being TO 2.0.

1. He never talked bad about his teammates. TO said Jeff Garcia is *** and McNabb is wortless. He always insisted that he loves the players and the fans. Kinda like Briggs 2 years ago.

2. We never heard of him having a problem with anyone ever before they didnt offer him money he could get/ he might get from someone else.

3. He never really had a problem with the coaches. Say like Haley, he actually wants him in KC and offered the #3 pick for Leinart and Boldin.

twista6002
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
The same OSU/PSU game where the entire OL took a three hour long nap? MMk. How is he an underachiever?

His line sucked, but the way you guys make him out, it shouldn't matter. Listening to you guys, you'd think he was Adrian Peterson. I mean surely he is a "beast" and what other compliments you gave him. Surely a couple missed blocks shouldn't effect him, no?

Sniper
02-12-2009, 12:38 PM
I never said Hunt is a better prospect, my point is that there isn't much difference between them.

Big 10 records in bowl games
2004-2005: 3-3
2005-2006: 3-4
2006-2007: 2-3
2007-2008: 3-5
2008-2009: 1-6

Bowl games are so ******* absurdly skewed against teams from the North. It's mind-boggling. Very few Big 10 teams ever get an even draw (i.e 4 vs. 4, 5 vs. 5 etc...) and all the games are essentially road games.

No one's making him out to be Adrian Peterson, so cut out your ******** hyperbole. You got caught with your foot in your mouth. Just stop talking. And for such a ******* supposed scholar, you suck dick at writing.

ElectricEye
02-12-2009, 12:41 PM
His line sucked, but the way you guys make him out, it shouldn't matter. Listening to you guys, you'd think he was Adrian Peterson. I mean surely he is a "beast" and what other compliments you gave him. Surely a couple missed blocks shouldn't effect him, no?

He's not Adrian Peterson. He's not even Darren McFadden. The point is that he isn't Tony Hunt either.

captainjack27
02-12-2009, 12:49 PM
Are you kidding? The guy couldn't catch water if he fell out of a boat, and couldn't block to save his life. Not to mention he runs like he's scared to get hit.

Is there a trade or prospect any of you guys don't like?

...You fail so hard in this post.

Menardo75
02-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Pokemon time?

Sniper
02-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Pokemon time?

I tried it and got a post whoring infraction.

Zyro_1014
02-12-2009, 02:10 PM

thats just not cool, whats wrong with Pokemon!?

Menardo75
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM

That's ridiculous we gain more ground by doing that then we are actually gaining talking to this joker.

eaglesalltheway
02-12-2009, 05:43 PM

In order to truly evaluate almost every player, it is best to have a combination end zone/overhead camera angle. You just don't get that on TV. In order to truly evaluate scouts, you have to do a little more than watch them on TV...

Fogcity_faithful
02-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Kids a clown and a homer. Wells may be injury prone, but still a dominating running back. He is not Adrian Peterson, and reading through the thread no on made that comparison. The point that Hunt carried the load when the big 10 was great and that Wells numbers are inflated because of that is absurd. The Big 10 is not a dominating conference, but they arent the MAC, even so, the Steelers seem perfectly happy with their MAC QB, not sure if you have heard of him, Roth-something. If they were on the same team, hunt would be second. Much respect to Menardo and Twista6002-stop talking yourself into a corner, it undermines your posts

camp_eagles
02-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Is it too late to change the name of this thread to Twista vs the World?

twista6002
02-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Eagles have never traded more than a 3rd round pick for another player. What makes you think they'd give up 2?

eaglesalltheway
02-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Eagles have never traded more than a 3rd round pick for another player. What makes you think they'd give up 2?

There's a first time for everything;).

twista6002
02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
There's a first time for everything;).

Knowing our FO it won't happen. At least not in this instance.

brat316
02-12-2009, 10:51 PM
In order to truly evaluate almost every player, it is best to have a combination end zone/overhead camera angle. You just don't get that on TV. In order to truly evaluate scouts, you have to do a little more than watch them on TV...

Twista you never answered to this, other than your TiVo, or DVR. How do you watch game tape, since you don't have the best camera angle?

Crickett
02-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I was talking about intelligence.

I'm sure you're a great athlete and all, and I'm sure anyone that talks to you for more than 5 minutes would know that you think you are.

Congratulations on reaching -1000 rep.

twista6002
02-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Twista you never answered to this, other than your TiVo, or DVR. How do you watch game tape, since you don't have the best camera angle?

I use the DVR.

twista6002
02-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Congratulations on reaching -1000 rep.

Yea because there's a direct correlation between what people think of you and intelligence. And to be honest, it's 3 people who have given me about 3/4 of my negative reps. I think that speaks more about them than me.

Zyro_1014
02-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Yea because there's a direct correlation between what people think of you and intelligence. And to be honest, it's about 3 people who have given me about 3/4 of my negative reps. I think that speaks more about them than me.

we just like reading posts that are worth reading.

twista6002
02-12-2009, 11:00 PM
we just like reading posts that are worth reading.

Apparently so, because people keep responding to me.

Zyro_1014
02-12-2009, 11:01 PM
Apparently so, because people keep responding to me.

and keep giving you negative rep for wasting our time.

twista6002
02-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Well, let's see. What takes more time? Ignoring someone's post or going out of your way to read it through and give an opinion of it?

Zyro_1014
02-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Well, let's see. What takes more time? Ignoring someone's post or going out of your way to read it through and give an opinion of it?

neg repping people is fun!

twista6002
02-12-2009, 11:07 PM
neg repping people is fun!

Yea but I'm just a waste of time.

Fogcity_faithful
02-12-2009, 11:48 PM
got real childish all of a sudden. most of the people responding to you were in reference to the severe lack of evidence and fact in your arguments. i read them because you are like a middle school girl who isnt getting her way.

twista6002
02-12-2009, 11:51 PM
got real childish all of a sudden. most of the people responding to you were in reference to the severe lack of evidence and fact in your arguments. i read them because you are like a middle school girl who isnt getting her way.

None of the people I was arguing presented much fact either. It was hypocritical of them to indict me for my supposed "lack of evidence"

Fogcity_faithful
02-13-2009, 12:36 AM
YPC touches/TD comparisons. Lots of excuses like the Big 10 sucks now and it made Beanies numbers better. I would also like to articulate that my comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular but you seemed to take offense to it. Like any forum there are people who are well respected and have been here awhile and you are allowed to disagree with their opinions, make sure you are respectful about it. It will increase the likelyhood of your post being taken seriously and your posts won't be flooded with irrelevant BS and you wont be banned. Just a thought, do what you want with it.

Menardo75
02-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Yea but I'm just a waste of time.

The first actual fact you have stated in days.

Zyro_1014
02-13-2009, 01:24 AM

http://www.jestparty.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/clapping.gif

twista6002
02-13-2009, 01:30 AM

Yea because you're quite the factual observer yourself.

Menardo75
02-13-2009, 01:33 AM

Weird since I have presented facts to shoot down your Boldin argument.

Zyro_1014
02-13-2009, 01:34 AM

dude, you started a thread talking about how Boldin is TO 2.0 and would be a locker room cancer yet you have not made one FACTUAL statement yet, do not talk about being a factual observer.

twista6002
02-13-2009, 01:42 AM
Weird since I have presented facts to shoot down your Boldin argument.

Like what?

Menardo75
02-13-2009, 01:44 AM
Like what?

This is the part where I stop wasting time with you in this thread.

twista6002
02-13-2009, 01:49 AM
This is the part where I stop wasting time with you in this thread.

Way to totally puss out of answering a question like a man.

eaglesalltheway
02-13-2009, 06:24 AM
Way to totally puss out of answering a question like a man.

there are times when a man realizes it isn't worth his times, and he cuts his losses. Unfortunately for any trolls/idiots, I have a lot of free time right now considering I'm on unemployment.

Gay Ork Wang
02-13-2009, 06:27 AM
None of the people I was arguing presented much fact either. It was hypocritical of them to indict me for my supposed "lack of evidence"

Wait, Kurt Warner talked back to his coach. Kurt Warner = TO?

I mean there are so many things that speak against him being TO 2.0.

1. He never talked bad about his teammates. TO said Jeff Garcia is *** and McNabb is wortless. He always insisted that he loves the players and the fans. Kinda like Briggs 2 years ago.

2. We never heard of him having a problem with anyone ever before they didnt offer him money he could get/ he might get from someone else.

3. He never really had a problem with the coaches. Say like Haley, he actually wants him in KC and offered the #3 pick for Leinart and Boldin.

answer that???

eaglesalltheway
02-13-2009, 06:39 AM
answer that???

Pretty sure he got banned, but he wouldn't have answered it anyway. The trolls always ignore all evidence against their arguments anyway, haha.

Sniper
02-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Pretty sure he got banned, but he wouldn't have answered it anyway. The trolls always ignore all evidence against their arguments anyway, haha.

STARHEATHER was a ******* pro at it.

eaglesalltheway
02-13-2009, 06:49 AM

Beleive me I know, I had a sig quote about it for about a month, even after he got banned, lol.

ElectricEye
02-13-2009, 09:53 AM

The great mystery with him is if he was actually just screwing with us or not. We'll probably never know.

Zyro_1014
02-13-2009, 12:49 PM

Starheather always thought of the unthinkable!

Fogcity_faithful
02-13-2009, 12:51 PM
I agree with menardo, not worth the time anymore, i will continue reading this thread because it is funny as all get up.

eaglesalltheway
02-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Now that all rational people are left, we can really have a beneficial argument though, so the hilarity might fade away...

camp_eagles
02-13-2009, 03:33 PM
My theory is that Twista was actually Dave Spadero making his rounds on Eagles boards spreading his BS

eaglesalltheway
02-13-2009, 04:41 PM
My theory is that Twista was actually Dave Spadero making his rounds on Eagles boards spreading his BS

Nahh, if it was Spadaro, twista would've been saying how DeSean will be a pro-bowler next year and that the WR corp is fine because Celek will emerge as a top 5 TE in the league or some garbage like that. I like the team as much as anyone, but Spadaro is so much of a homer his opinions are skewed worse than anyone's I've ever seen. For some reason, every Eagles fan on here that gets banned I think can get traced back to EF 45...

camp_eagles
02-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Nahh, if it was Spadaro, twista would've been saying how DeSean will be a pro-bowler next year and that the WR corp is fine because Celek will emerge as a top 5 TE in the league or some garbage like that. I like the team as much as anyone, but Spadaro is so much of a homer his opinions are skewed worse than anyone's I've ever seen. For some reason, every Eagles fan on here that gets banned I think can get traced back to EF 45...

Spadero going crazy on callers who say we should get another receiver is the only reason I watch eagles live.

eaglesalltheway
02-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Spadero going crazy on callers who say we should get another receiver is the only reason I watch eagles live.

I'm sure its hysterical, but I don't/can't watch it... I can only picture his face, something like
(.) (.)
. . .
(----)

Pretend that first nostril dot isn't there, I hate my computer...

Sniper
02-13-2009, 09:55 PM
So Twista's gone?

eaglesalltheway
02-14-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty sure we'll never be hearing from him again, and even if he comes back, it won't be for long.

camp_eagles
02-14-2009, 10:58 AM
So Twista's gone?

I dont know what I'm gonna do without his funny comments.

eaglesalltheway
02-14-2009, 02:02 PM
I dont know what I'm gonna do without his funny comments.

The sad thing is, he wasn't even a funny troll. Doctor stupid was at least kind of funny.

I.R Baboon
02-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Well I am new to this board. And idk if the disccusion is still on Boldin or not but if it is I am on the fence about taking him. Just think about how his and Desean Jacksons Egos might collide. Although he is a very good wr and if he is avaible for a trade meh why not take a shot

camp_eagles
02-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Well I am new to this board. And idk if the disccusion is still on Boldin or not but if it is I am on the fence about taking him. Just think about how his and Desean Jacksons Egos might collide. Although he is a very good wr and if he is avaible for a trade meh why not take a shot

I never once saw Desean's "Ego" the entire season so Im not sure where your getting that from.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-25-2009, 05:48 PM
There were some moments where he showed his ego (if that's what you want to call it) like when he went up to Brad Childress and taunted him and in week 2 against Dallas when he had his early celebration moment and he dropped the ball at the 1, but for the most part he behaved well and Reid kept him in line. He is just very confident.

02-25-2009, 05:50 PM

Desean? Are you sure you got the right guy there? That's just ludicrous.

eaglesalltheway
02-26-2009, 06:19 AM
As far as WRs go, niether are what I would consider to be a problem. DeSean has had some moments, as has Boldin, basically every WR does, and when you look at theirs, they pale in comparison to the "Egos" of some other NFL WRs. They are both confident players, and that is something you want out of them. They aren't cocky, or a-holes, and they are both talented. Pairing those two together would be the perfect match. We'd have our own "Smash and Dash" at WR.

eaglesalltheway
02-26-2009, 06:21 AM
There were some moments where he showed his ego (if that's what you want to call it) like when he went up to Brad Childress and taunted him and in week 2 against Dallas when he had his early celebration moment and he dropped the ball at the 1, but for the most part he behaved well and Reid kept him in line. He is just very confident.

Unless DeSean is a lot faster than I thought, there is now way he went up to Brad Childress all the way in Minnesota...;)

eaglesalltheway
02-26-2009, 06:23 AM
Desean? Are you sure you got the right guy there? That's just ludicrous.

Thats a SC fan talking about a Cal player. Either DeSean doesn't have an ego or the world is going to end.

On a completely unrelated note, I've almost typod " Eggo" about 4 times, and now I want waffles...

Sniper
02-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Unless DeSean is a lot faster than I thought, there is now way he went up to Brad Childress all the way in Minnesota...;)

Read that again.

"he went up to Brad Childress and taunted him AND in week 2 blah blah blah"

Two separate occasions.

eaglesalltheway
02-26-2009, 06:49 AM
Read that again.

"he went up to Brad Childress and taunted him AND in week 2 blah blah blah"

Two separate occasions.

Wow, my reading comprehension skills don't kick in until 8 a.m. EST...

Thumper
03-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I agree with Twista to a degree. I am also against Boldin but not because he is TO 2.0. He is not a cancer, he is just a guy who wants to make the money that he thinks he deserves. I think that Boldin is in the right on that issue.

But, I don't want simply because it will cost way to much to get him where as I believe that we could get someone who is younger in the draft that has the potential become a player in the NFL (ala Nicks or Britt) where as the Eagles would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd and more for Boldin. I don't think that any WR is worth that much except for Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald.

I value young talent from the draft more than I value a solid #1 WR. Plus, is a #1 really needed? All signs point to DeSean Jackson being a good #1 in the future and I can't wait to see what he can do in his second season. I am perfectly content with having Curtis opposite him and having Avant and Baskett come out of the slot. Curtis is a solid #2/#3 WR and Avant owns the middle of the field (IMO he is not used nearly enough) and Baskett is full of potential.

If we get Boldin great we have a WR that complements Jackson, if we don't I think we'll be just fine.

brat316
03-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I agree with Twista to a degree. I am also against Boldin but not because he is TO 2.0. He is not a cancer, he is just a guy who wants to make the money that he thinks he deserves. I think that Boldin is in the right on that issue.

But, I don't want simply because it will cost way to much to get him where as I believe that we could get someone who is younger in the draft that has the potential become a player in the NFL (ala Nicks or Britt) where as the Eagles would have to give up a 1st and a 3rd and more for Boldin. I don't think that any WR is worth that much except for Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald.

I value young talent from the draft more than I value a solid #1 WR. Plus, is a #1 really needed? All signs point to DeSean Jackson being a good #1 in the future and I can't wait to see what he can do in his second season. I am perfectly content with having Curtis opposite him and having Avant and Baskett come out of the slot. Curtis is a solid #2/#3 WR and Avant owns the middle of the field (IMO he is not used nearly enough) and Baskett is full of potential.

If we get Boldin great we have a WR that complements Jackson, if we don't I think we'll be just fine.

Yeah but why gamble on potential in the first round when you know you have a sure thing, in Boldin.

On Desean Jackson, well hopefully he stays on that course of being a good number 1, I only see a good number 2 in him. Lets hope he doesn't have a rookie fall off like Michael Clayton.

If we get Boldin great we can keep McNabb, he complements the WR corps not just Jackson. This would allow them to move Jackson in the slot where they can take advantage of his speed.

Thumper
03-04-2009, 02:17 AM
Yeah but why gamble on potential in the first round when you know you have a sure thing, in Boldin.

On Desean Jackson, well hopefully he stays on that course of being a good number 1, I only see a good number 2 in him. Lets hope he doesn't have a rookie fall off like Michael Clayton.

If we get Boldin great we can keep McNabb, he complements the WR corps not just Jackson. This would allow them to move Jackson in the slot where they can take advantage of his speed.

Again McNabb will be back wether we get playmakers or not, that ESPN report was all speculation.

But you wouldn't be giving up a first, you'd be giving a first, third, 5ths and 6ths.

Also DeSean can use his speed anywhere it doesn't have to be used in the slot.

eaglesalltheway
03-04-2009, 06:14 AM

Sniper is going to love you, haha.

I too think Boldin is worth that 1st and 3rd, and even that 5th or 6th we'd have to throw in possibly. He is a top 8 WR in the NFL and will instantly become one of the most productive WRs in the NFL for us if he comes here. I'm not saying we have to get him. It'd be nice if we got him, but we'll do more than fine without him.

And Donovan is back no matter what, I'm REALLY getting tired of ESPN and their BS about McNabb...

Sniper
03-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Avant owns the middle of the field (IMO he is not used nearly enough)

I like you...a lot.

eaglesalltheway
03-04-2009, 07:37 AM
I like you...a lot.

I'd watch your *** thumper, and I mean that in a literal way, haha.