PDA

View Full Version : JJ vs. Cody

Bohleive
03-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Since we are pretty much set at OLB now (thank god for no Porter), why don't we discuss the position battle that will take place instead of whining about FA or bashing JJ.
I think that we'll see a rotation of JJ on first and second downs with Cody coming in on thirds, so the position will be kind of shared. I also think that depending on Cody's progress, his health and our cap situation next season JJ could become a very movable commodity as trade fodder. I look at him this season not just as a starter, but as a very valuable insurance policy in case Cody gets hurt or doesn't progress. Hopefully beyond this upcoming season, Cody will allay those doubts and we will have another mid-rd guy being groomed as depth so JJ will be expendible.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-05-2007, 03:34 PM
For once Bo I agree with you, if this is what happens I have no problem with it, I would love to see JJ and Cody as a rotation I think it would suit both of them best.

Ravens1991
03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
I think it will lead to a great training camp battle.

dcarey20
03-05-2007, 04:13 PM
i think jarrett will win the battle rather easily and go on to have 8+ sacks.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-05-2007, 04:17 PM

Wishful thinking, we could only hope. Personally I think we must take an OLB day 1.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-05-2007, 05:04 PM

I highly doubt he gets 8+ sacks, Ill be happy if he gets 5.

ccB
03-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I really dont feel there will be a battle for who starts. I think Jarrett is going to be the man from day one of camp. Theres noway they give it to Cody over him. He doesnt have half the game experience and Johnson is just a flat out better player.

niel89
03-05-2007, 05:37 PM
i agree there will be a rotation between them, unless one is just flat out miles ahead of the other

Yung Flippa
03-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Wishful thinking, we could only hope. Personally I think we must take an OLB day 1.

I Agree With That
I Think Anthony Spencer Is Way To Good For Us To Pass Up
Spencer Can Learn Under Terrell and Ray For A Year
Meanwhile We Can See What JJ and Cody Can Do For Us
But Spencer Still Has The Talent To Become The Starter

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-05-2007, 06:06 PM
I like the idea of Dan COdy and JJ rotation, and if that is what we will do i doubt we take a OLB in the first round. I dont think we should focus on replacing A.D. yet but focus more on replacing Trevor Pryce, I think taking Ray McDonald in the second round would be a great replacment for the future. I would like to see us take a o-linemen in the first round or a Cornerback.