PDA

View Full Version : Wild Thought but wouldnt this be nice...

ChefMike
03-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Ok so I know I am going to catch some flack for this...but think of this. What if we traded this years #1, this years 4th rd, next years #1, and say David Pittman. To Detroit for there #1 (2nd overall) and pick Adrian Peterson ? Would give us an instant threat at RB and another young stud on offense just like Clayton and Williams ? Pairing him with Mike Anderson wouldnt be a bad combo ! and knowing that we are not going to have a high pick next year we really arent losing much. We still would have our #2 this year to pick up a DE or an OLB but give us a legitimate threat in the backfield.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Tennessee owns our 4th in this draft we wasted it. And also I hate this trade no more giving up future 1sts.

Bohleive
03-05-2007, 03:44 PM
no more giving up future 1sts.

Ozzie has gone on record as saying he will never do that again. So probably not. I'm more intrigued by the possibility of Lynch falling to a spot where we could pull off a much less costly trade.

ChefMike
03-05-2007, 03:47 PM
My bad about the 4th... and I know Ozzie would never do it... but the thought of having someone as explosive as AD playing behind JO and the rest of the line we could make our passing game more explosive keeping people honest worrying about AD in the backfield...

EdReedUnstoppable
03-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Ozzie has gone on record as saying he will never do that again. So probably not. I'm more intrigued by the possibility of Lynch falling to a spot where we could pull off a much less costly trade.

Agreed again, I think we should not re-sign Jamal just yet and we should go into the draft with RB as our #1 need and do what we can to get Marshawn if he falls and if he doesnt then try to get Pittman, Irons, or Hunt in rd 2 and if we miss out on those 4 then as a last resort bring back Jamal.

Bohleive
03-05-2007, 03:50 PM
I think we should not re-sign Jamal just yet
This point is key. I have to hope that the FO is making Jamal's resigning completely conditional on what we do in the draft and pre-draft free agency. It just doesn't make sense to do otherwise when we've already got a Mike Anderson on the roster.

Ravens1991
03-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Who likes Lorenzo Booker? I do.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
03-05-2007, 03:56 PM
and knowing that we are not going to have a high pick next year we really arent losing much.

And how, exactly, do you KNOW this?

EdReedUnstoppable
03-05-2007, 04:01 PM
We dont know that what if 1st play of season McNair out for year, 2nd play of season Boller out for year, then we have Drew Olsen sounds like 0-16 to me you never know in football whats gonna happen.

TPFKA#1SaintsFan
03-05-2007, 04:05 PM
you never know in football whats gonna happen.

This is a true statement. Hell, the Oakland Raiders could go 14-2 and win the Superbowl next season.

Heh.

BigDawg819
03-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Worst Thought Ever Concerning The Ravens And The Draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niel89
03-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Worst Thought Ever Concerning The Ravens And The Draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed

dmandmadnamdnad

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-05-2007, 06:19 PM
i like him, but i want tony hunt much more. if we did trade up to Detroits pick i would rather us take Brady Quinn or maybe even Calvin Johnson. I just have this feeling Adrian Peterson is going to be a huge bust.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-05-2007, 06:23 PM
If we moved up to Detroit's pick Id want either CJ or Jamarcus Russell whichever one the Raiders didnt take. And if it was CJ then unload big mouth Mason for whatever we can get for him.

dcarey20
03-05-2007, 06:28 PM

I second that.

Yung Flippa
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
No Way We This Is Possible
I Really think that David Pittman Will Be Our Second CB next To Cmac
Wither This Year Or The Year After