PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch Arrested

TheBuffaloBills
02-15-2009, 07:14 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/15/was-marshawn-lynch-arrested-in-la/

I don't know. That seems to coincidental for their to be two Marshawn Terell Lynch's born around the same time and have similar sizes. Ugh this sucks.

Gay Ork Wang
02-15-2009, 07:50 AM
lol its not even the real one!

TheBuffaloBills
02-15-2009, 08:09 AM
I dont know, he always spends his off season in California. Guess we will have to wait.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-15-2009, 08:21 AM
I knew this was gonna happen lol.

Ravens1991
02-15-2009, 09:08 AM
reminds of me this time Baltimore had a player Derrick Martin trying to smuggle 3 bags of weed through a airport. He got caught then told the Ravens it was a different Derrick Martin just the same size,age,race,birthday,middle name all that stuff.

BaLLiN
02-15-2009, 09:09 AM
aww no more beast mode :'(

Cicero
02-15-2009, 10:12 AM
*Grabs Fred Jackson in all of his keeper leagues* I wonder what he got busted for? My early guess is weed.

AkiliSmith
02-15-2009, 10:23 AM
I'm pretty sure he's stoned every time he does an interview, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was drug related.

I also don't think Marshawn is a very common name, let alone a guy named Marshawn with the same height/weight/middle name and 1 digit off of birthday.

Halsey
02-15-2009, 11:27 AM
Even if it's not him, he still comes across as a punk to me. I also think he's a bit overrated. Marshawn should stop driving motor vehicles, including golf carts like the one he almost ran over someone with on the field while at Cal.

Vox Populi
02-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Even if it's not him, he still comes across as a punk to me. I also think he's a bit overrated. Marshawn should stop driving motor vehicles, including golf carts like the one he almost ran over someone with on the field while at Cal.

If anything Lynch is under rated as a runner by almost everyone who isn't a Bills fan.

CashmoneyDrew
02-15-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm in shock and awe that Marshawn Lynch could be in trouble with the law. Shock and awe....

/sarcasm

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-15-2009, 12:57 PM
The Bills shouldnt worry about this, Freddy Jackson is an unstoppable monster. His legs never stop going.

princefielder28
02-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Ummm, well that's not good

Shane P. Hallam
02-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Yeah, a felony charge is some deep stuff.

djp
02-15-2009, 01:24 PM
$35,000 bond.. that's pretty high.

HawkeyeFan
02-15-2009, 01:30 PM
The Bills shouldnt worry about this, Freddy Jackson is an unstoppable monster. His legs never stop going.
It still hurts big time when your number one back isn't there.

CashmoneyDrew
02-15-2009, 01:34 PM
$35,000 bond.. that's pretty high.

Not for an athlete. He only has to pay 10% of that to get out IIRC, so... 3,500. That would be about $200 dollars to us. Maybe less.

HawkeyeFan
02-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Not for an athlete. He only has to pay 10% of that to get out IIRC, so... 3,500. That would be about $200 dollars to us. Maybe less.
Probably more like 35 dollars TOPS for us.

CashmoneyDrew
02-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Probably more like 35 dollars TOPS for us.

Yeah, I may have been a little bit generous.

TitanHope
02-15-2009, 02:00 PM
I figured Lynch to be a Maximal and not a Predacon... :(

The Dynasty
02-15-2009, 02:39 PM
This would suck if it is him but on the LASD website it says his birthday is 4/02/1986 and on the nfl.com website it says 4/22/1986...I mean its 20 days apart and could be a type-o but still might not be him.

That would be terrible for the bills though, 2 off seasons in a row.

nrk
02-15-2009, 02:40 PM
I figured Lynch to be a Maximal and not a Predacon... :(

He could go back and forth like Dinobot.

The Dynasty
02-15-2009, 02:45 PM
It was him.

BILLS’ LYNCH CHARGED WITH POSSESSION OF A CONCEALED FIREARM
Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 15, 2009, 3:42 p.m. EST

Buffalo Bills Pro Bowl running back Marshawn Lynch has been arrested and charged with felony possession of a concealed firearm, according to a press release from the Culver City Police Department. The announcement confirms that it was Lynch who was involved in this incident last Wednesday night.

According to a police announcement e-mailed to Pro Football Talk, Culver City police officers were patrolling the Fox Hills area of Culver City when they came into contact with three adult males in a 2006 Mercedes Benz.

After speaking with the occupants, they determined that one of the men in the car was Lynch, the Bills starting running back. A field investigation led to the “discovery of a loaded firearm.”

According to the report: “The officers determined the gun belonged to Lynch and he was arrested for possesion of a concealed firearm.”

Lynch was tranported to the booking center and was later released on $35,000 bond. Police officials said that the case will be submitted to the District Attorney’s office for filing consideration.

As Mike Florio wrote when he first reported about the arrest in two posts earlier today, Lynch could possibly face sanctions under the NFL’s personal conduct policy depending on his legal status and how NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell views this incident.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/15/bills-lynch-charged-with-possession-of-a-concealed-firearm/

Well this cant be good for the fans of Buffalo..

PACKmanN
02-15-2009, 03:02 PM
wow, I really liked him and even hoped he fell to the Packers but after all this mess he is getting involved with I am glad we didn't draft him.

Turtlepower
02-15-2009, 03:05 PM
It still isn't being reported by any of the major media outlets. In fact, it is being reported ONLY by PFT. They have been getting better recently, but I still want to hold out until someone else confirms the story.

CashmoneyDrew
02-15-2009, 03:25 PM
Wait, so the police "came into contact" with them, figured one of them was an NFL runningback and then decided that was enough to lead into a "field investigation"? Sounds fishy to me.

Shahin
02-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Not really surprising to see him carrying a gun. He's gotten shot at up in Oakland before while he was in college, so it makes sense that he was strapped.

Although, he should have just had his boys in the car strapped and not his multi-million dollar self.

Shahin
02-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Wait, so the police "came into contact" with them, figured one of them was an NFL runningback and then decided that was enough to lead into a "field investigation"? Sounds fishy to me.

Probably pulled the, "I smell a little weed, would you mind stepping outta the car?" trick.

yourfavestoner
02-15-2009, 03:29 PM

That's what I was thinking. You never, ever, ever, ever, ever consent to letting your vehicle getting searched without making the officer get a search warrant first. I don't give a **** how much "probable cause" the officer says he has.

gameplaya2435
02-15-2009, 03:37 PM
On the bright side, he didn't shoot himself. So he's got that going for him.

Halsey
02-15-2009, 03:48 PM
That's what I was thinking. You never, ever, ever, ever, ever consent to letting your vehicle getting searched without making the officer get a search warrant first. I don't give a **** how much "probable cause" the officer says he has.

Cars do not require search warrants. You either let the officer search it there or he will have it impounded and searched.

To you guys trying to make Lynch out as a victim: Please give it a rest. These athletes who get in trouble over and over are to blame for their own problems. Funny how so many NFL players never have trouble with the big, bad police being out to get them, but the few that do get into trouble are 'victims'. Please.

CashmoneyDrew
02-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Cars do not require search warrants. You either let the officer search it there or he will have it impounded and searched.

To you guys trying to make Lynch out as a victim: Please give it a rest. These athletes who get in trouble over and over are to blame for their own problems. Funny how so many NFL players never have trouble with the big, bad police being out to get them, but the few that do get into trouble are 'victims'. Please.

I never said Lynch is a "victim" here. I'm just questioning the method the police used to find the incriminating evidence. Cops have to follow the rules as well you know.

WMD
02-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Just came across on ESPN.

Bah.

Shahin
02-15-2009, 04:06 PM

Don't think anybody was portraying him as a victim.

WMD
02-15-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm a victim.. I have him in a Fantasy Keeper league. Hope nothing bad happens to me.

GET LOOSE
02-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Its on ESPN news so It was him. That sucks for the bills

CashmoneyDrew
02-15-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm a victim.. I have him in a Fantasy Keeper league. Hope nothing bad happens to me.

bahaha, Fred Jackson available?

WMD
02-15-2009, 04:41 PM
bahaha, Fred Jackson available?
I drafted Fred Jackson.. traded for Marshawn Lynch.

someone447
02-15-2009, 04:42 PM

Not true, you never consent to a search, if it gets impounded they need a warrant anyway. That is a lot of paperwork for a cop to do, so usually they won't bother trying to get a warrant for something small. I have, on more than one occasion, told a cop he cannot search my car. He has continued to push, but he didn't search it. You also never consent to your person being searched. You tell them, "You can pat me down for weapons, but you cannot search me."

He was carrying a gun, big ******* deal. Our consitution protects that right. I'm not quite sure how those laws stand, but i digress. If he didn't consent to the car being searched, he is a victim(probably of DWB.) Just because someone has committed a crime doesn't give the police the right to break the law themselves. They have to follow protocol, otherwise it is a very slippery slope.

Cicero
02-15-2009, 04:45 PM
That article makes this sound like racial profiling and questionable police tactics at their finest.

Brent
02-15-2009, 04:46 PM
What the hell he was doing in Culver City?

That article makes this sound like racial profiling and questionable police tactics at their finest.

"Culver City police officers were patrolling the Fox Hills area of Culver City when they came into contact with three adult males in a 2006 Mercedes Benz."

I'd have to agree with Cicero here.

BufFan71
02-15-2009, 04:49 PM
this makes fred Jackson a MUST when it comes to resigning players this season

thebow305
02-15-2009, 05:14 PM
this makes fred Jackson a MUST when it comes to resigning players this season

Nah, it just make Chris Wells the newest member of the Buffalo Bills!!! ;)

kwilk103
02-15-2009, 05:20 PM
no big deal

i mean, its not like he hit someone with a car or anything like that

djp
02-15-2009, 05:21 PM
You're killin me, Marshawn.

I traded CP26 for you, Slaton, and Cooley.

YOURE ONE OF MY KEEPERS

WMD
02-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Beast Mode is/was one of my keepers.

I traded DeSean Jackson, Carson Palmer, and Kevin Smith for Lynch, Roethlisberger, and Chansi Stuckey.

Shane P. Hallam
02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
You're killin me, Marshawn.

I traded CP26 for you, Slaton, and Cooley.

YOURE ONE OF MY KEEPERS

I would have kept Chris Paul.

JRTPlaya21
02-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Not like he hurt any animals or shot himself. Oh wait.

Nitschke-Hawk
02-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Marshawn LOOKS like a bad guy. The cops saw him in the 06 Benz and started salivating at the thought of busting him. And unfortunately he was breaking the law, a bs law.

GB12
02-15-2009, 06:44 PM
I would have kept Chris Paul.
Fail. CP26=Clinton Portis

21ST
02-15-2009, 06:47 PM

exactly what i was thinking

BuffaloBillsFan
02-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm not sure why people are under the impression that Marshawn is a bad kid. Yeah, he is a little goofy and rambunctious at times but he is no thug.. Beastmode is nothing like a Pacman Jones or TO type of player, he has great character.. I'm not going to get down on the guy just because he was busted with a little bit of weed.

Halsey
02-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Not true, you never consent to a search, if it gets impounded they need a warrant anyway. That is a lot of paperwork for a cop to do, so usually they won't bother trying to get a warrant for something small. I have, on more than one occasion, told a cop he cannot search my car. He has continued to push, but he didn't search it. You also never consent to your person being searched. You tell them, "You can pat me down for weapons, but you cannot search me."

He was carrying a gun, big ******* deal. Our consitution protects that right. I'm not quite sure how those laws stand, but i digress. If he didn't consent to the car being searched, he is a victim(probably of DWB.) Just because someone has committed a crime doesn't give the police the right to break the law themselves. They have to follow protocol, otherwise it is a very slippery slope.

I'm not a law expert, but I know cars are not like buildings. I've taken a course on the justice system in college, and search warrants were part of the course. Search warrants are not the same for cars and buildings. I could look up the details and the case that set the precedent, but it's not worth the trouble just to prove it here. It has to do with the fact that a car can be moved while a warrant is being issued while a building can't go anywhere. If local police go to get a warrant, and the car was moved out of their jurisdiction, they're screwed. If it was illegal to search his car, Lynch's expensive lawyer could easily get him out of the charges. If he was carrying a concealed firearm without proper license then he was breaking the law. You may not agree with that law, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a law. Not agreeing with a law doesn't make someone immune to it.

kwilk103
02-15-2009, 08:17 PM
I'm not sure why people are under the impression that Marshawn is a bad kid. Yeah, he is a little goofy and rambunctious at times but he is no thug.. Beastmode is nothing like a Pacman Jones or TO type of player, he has great character.. I'm not going to get down on the guy just because he was busted with a little bit of weed.

um, dont compare t.o. to pac-man; he hasnt been in trouble

and lynch didnt get busted for weed; try felony possession of a concealed weapon; plus he hit someone with his car

someone447
02-15-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm not a law expert, but I know cars are not like buildings. I've taken a course on the justice system in college, and search warrants were part of the course. Search warrants are not the same for cars and buildings. I could look up the details and the case that set the precedent, but it's not worth the trouble just to prove it here. It has to do with the fact that a car can be moved while a warrant is being issued while a building can't go anywhere. If local police go to get a warrant, and the car was moved out of their jurisdiction, they're screwed. If it was illegal to search his car, Lynch's expensive lawyer could easily get him out of the charges. If he was carrying a concealed firearm without proper license then he was breaking the law. You may not agree with that law, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a law. Not agreeing with a law doesn't make someone immune to it.

I know 100% that they cannot search your car without a warrant, unless they have probable cause that you are committing a felony, but probable cause is hard to prove in a court, so if you refuse to let them search it they can't do anything.

Just from reading the article, I am thinking he will get off(unless of course he consented to the search, and if thats the case he is an idiot.)

I have said this in many, many threads. Just because something is against the law doesn't make it wrong. There is no moral responsibility to follow unjust laws. In fact, I believe it is your moral responsibility to flaunt unjust laws.

AkiliSmith
02-15-2009, 09:24 PM
You got racial profiling from that short little blurb? You have absolutely no clue whatsoever what happened. Neither do I, but to just assume racial profiling and "questionable police tactics" is beyond ignorant. The cops that arrested him could have been black, we have no idea and will probably never know.

He broke the law, he got caught, it happens all the time.

AkiliSmith
02-15-2009, 09:27 PM
I know 100% that they cannot search your car without a warrant, unless they have probable cause that you are committing a felony, but probable cause is hard to prove in a court, so if you refuse to let them search it they can't do anything.

Just from reading the article, I am thinking he will get off(unless of course he consented to the search, and if thats the case he is an idiot.)

I have said this in many, many threads. Just because something is against the law doesn't make it wrong. There is no moral responsibility to follow unjust laws. In fact, I believe it is your moral responsibility to flaunt unjust laws.
You would be 100% wrong about the search warrant.

I am a cop and have never ever ever ever had a warrant to search a car. Do you really think that the cops are going to call a judge/magistrate at 3AM and say, "hey dude I just stopped this guy and I want to search his car can you stop banging your model wife and come sign this search warrant?"

At least in Ohio all you need is consent, probable cause or a K9 sniffing and alerting on the vehicle. Or if you have a reason to tow the vehicle (driver arrested, suspended, etc) you must inventory it first and that's usually how most of the crap is found. I'm assuming this is how it is everywhere since their are federal guide lines to follow.

BuffaloBillsFan
02-15-2009, 09:36 PM
um, dont compare t.o. to pac-man; he hasnt been in trouble

and lynch didnt get busted for weed; try felony possession of a concealed weapon; plus he hit someone with his car

It's too early to make a judgement, let all the facts get out. The golf cart thing was ********, OK. However, I don't have a problem with athletes carrying weapons but it's foolish if you don't get a permit to carry a concealed weapon. You do know that Marshawn Lynch has been shot at in the past? He comes from a very bad neighborhood and he has done remarkably well given the circumstances.

BTW, T.O. and Pacman are BOTH headcases, so I will use that comparison all day long. Lynch is different though.

CashmoneyDrew
02-15-2009, 09:39 PM
BTW, T.O. and Pacman are BOTH headcases, so I will use that comparison all day long. Lynch is different though.

They're headcases for very different reasons though. One's a goon, the other is a cancer.

BuffaloBillsFan
02-15-2009, 09:45 PM
They're headcases for very different reasons though. One's a goon, the other is a cancer.

Ofcourse, Lynch isn't the smartest person in the world.. I'm just saying that he isn't a headcase in the sense that he will create problems in your locker room and he is generally pretty nice and friendly with the fans. Clearly his recent arrest is a big problem, though.

AkiliSmith
02-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Ofcourse, Lynch isn't the smartest person in the world.. I'm just saying that he isn't a headcase in the sense that he will create problems in your locker room and he is generally pretty nice and friendly with the fans. Clearly his recent arrest is a big problem, though.
That's exactly what this is, a crime of stupidity. He didn't mean do anything wrong I'm sure, he was just trying to protect himself since NFL players are targets these days. He just never took the time to get a CCW, which are really easy to get. The judge will basically just call him a dumb ass, fine him and tell him he can't have a gun anymore.

Halsey
02-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Was it just 'stupid' when he hit a lady and then fled the scene?

Shane P. Hallam
02-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey, this isn't the place to discuss that. Stick to the football.

Shane P. Hallam
02-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Seriously, cut it out. Both of you, or anyone else that would want to join in.

Anything else, I'll be happy to pop out an infraction or two.

AkiliSmith
02-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Seriously, cut it out. Both of you, or anyone else that would want to join in.
Yeah I tend to get pretty angry at the police bashing threads. I should stay out of them.

BuffaloBillsFan
02-15-2009, 10:08 PM
That's exactly what this is, a crime of stupidity. He didn't mean do anything wrong I'm sure, he was just trying to protect himself since NFL players are targets these days. He just never took the time to get a CCW, which are really easy to get. The judge will basically just call him a dumb ass, fine him and tell him he can't have a gun anymore.

Agreed, hopefully it works out that way.

AkiliSmith
02-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Agreed, hopefully it works out that way.
Well that is probably how things will happen in the court but who knows what Goodell will do.

Leon Sandcastle
02-15-2009, 11:10 PM
Was it just 'stupid' when he hit a lady and then fled the scene?

Did Marshawn Lynch do something to you? You seem pretty upset with him.

yourfavestoner
02-16-2009, 01:50 PM

Sure, a cop have have your car impounded and searched. However, these searches are not searches based on probable cause, a search warrant or an emergency situation. Instead, the argument or basis for these searches are that the police need to safe guard the vehicle for some reason and account for all property in the vehicle. In other words, the police are not seeking contraband, but are protecting themselves and the owner from any future problems relating to theft, damage, and security of property.

A search can ONLY be made if there is an emergency circumstance, the police have a search warrant, the driver consents, or there is contraband such as drugs or a gun in plain view. Even assuming one of these reasons are applicable, a search may be limited in its scope such as to you reachable area.

The cops don't have to worry about the driver or vehicle leaving the officer's jurisdiction while he is obtaining the warrant. In a situation where a warrant would be required, the police will call backup and detain the driver and passengers if necessary. At the very least, backup will stay on site until the officer returns with the search warrant.

locseti
02-16-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm not a law expert,

Clearly. Like Someone said, they must have probable cause (emergency/drugs in plain view) to search your vehicle. They ask you if they can search your car, usually people are so scared and don't want to look like they have something to hide so they say yes. If Lynch was on Probation from a prior case, the police have the right to search him whenever they want. But the right to privacy is protected in our constitution, and I have personally played this card with the police and they tried to talk me into it "If you have nothing to hide, you wont have a problem with us searching you" but I stood my ground and they had to let me go.

AkiliSmith
02-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Sure, a cop have have your car impounded and searched. However, these searches are not searches based on probable cause, a search warrant or an emergency situation. Instead, the argument or basis for these searches are that the police need to safe guard the vehicle for some reason and account for all property in the vehicle. In other words, the police are not seeking contraband, but are protecting themselves and the owner from any future problems relating to theft, damage, and security of property.

A search can ONLY be made if there is an emergency circumstance, the police have a search warrant, the driver consents, or there is contraband such as drugs or a gun in plain view. Even assuming one of these reasons are applicable, a search may be limited in its scope such as to you reachable area.

The cops don't have to worry about the driver or vehicle leaving the officer's jurisdiction while he is obtaining the warrant. In a situation where a warrant would be required, the police will call backup and detain the driver and passengers if necessary. At the very least, backup will stay on site until the officer returns with the search warrant.
I've violated federal law basically every single time I have searched a vehicle then.

Shahin
02-16-2009, 02:28 PM
I've violated federal law basically every single time I have searched a vehicle then.

Go turn yourself in, son.

AkiliSmith
02-16-2009, 02:31 PM
Go turn yourself in, son.
Nah I think I'm good, he doesn't quite know his search and seizure laws that well. :)

yourfavestoner
02-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Nah I think I'm good, he doesn't quite know his search and seizure laws that well. :)

I know them well enough to have gotten out of getting my car searched multiple times.

If the driver consents to a search, the search is legal and valid. Most police are experts at getting drivers who have no idea what their rights are to consent to their cars being searched.

someone447
02-16-2009, 05:02 PM

Those are essentially the things you told me in the PM. Like you said, probably cause is a ***** to prove. I will never allow my car to be searched, because I'm not an idiot and I don't leave illegal things in plain sight. Nothing he said contradicted what you sent me in the PM.

Vox Populi
02-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Don't know if anyone saw this, but Gerald Sensabaugh got in some trouble too.

http://timesnews.net/article.php?id=9011829

Guns were found in Sensabaugh's possession during Friday's arrest as well. According to police, he had a Bersa 380, an International Arms AK-47 and a Glock 22 in the car. But jail officials say this time Sensabaugh was not charged for having guns in his car.

According to Lunsford, he had a carry permit this time.

Marshawn is just a moron for not having his piece registered and licensed.

bored of education
02-17-2009, 05:22 PM
marshawn is awesome no matter what happens!

kwilk103
02-17-2009, 11:02 PM
REPORT: POT WAS FOUND IN LYNCH CAR
Posted by Mike Florio on February 17, 2009, 10:34 p.m. EST
As it turns out, a gun wasn’t the only thing found in a vehicle with Bills running back Marshawn Lynch.

According to WGRZ-TV, police searched the black Mercedes in which Lynch and two others were sitting on February 11 because, after a window was rolled down, authorities smelled marijuana.

And four blunts were found in the vehicle.

Regardless of whether the gun charge creates issues for Lynch as it relates to his employment in the NFL, the marijuana angle will trigger trouble under the substance abuse policy. If Lynch isn’t already in the program, the incident likely will be sufficient to trigger entry into Stage One.

If he’s already at one of the various stages of the program, the incident could move him to the next level, triggering a potential fine or suspension.

Meanwhile, Tim Graham of ESPN.com (whose own employment has yet to be jeopardized by citing us in a recent article) reports that Culver City, California police remain confident that Lynch will be charged with illegal firearm possession.

“When we make an arrest, we believe it to be justified,” Culver City Police Lt. Dean Williams told Graham.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/17/report-pot-was-found-in-lynch-car/