PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Players from your Rivals Game!

BeerBaron
02-15-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm rather bored and I'm waiting on stuff to happen in the forum mock, so I thought up this little idea to kill some time. Should be fun and interesting reading others'.

So heres what you do. You get to pick any one player from each of your division rivals to add to your team as they are right now.

Also, you get to add any one potential free agent to your team.

And then try to predict what your first two draft picks will look like after this.

So heres an example for my team:

3 Players from Division Rivals:

Vikings - Adrian Peterson - He and Forte would be an absurd two back combo and when he's fully healthy, he may be the leagues best overall player. Jared Allen was also really tempting...

Lions - Calvin Johnson - Megatron across from Hester would be some sick stuff...Even Orton should be able to hit a guy who's 6'5 230.

Packers - Aaron Kampman - He's a little older and Aaron Rodgers was a little tempting, but Kampman is one of the leagues most consistent pass rushers always getting double digit sacks. He's bring that to the Bears' D which couldn't pass rush to save their lives.

One Free Agent:

Jordan Gross - I'd take him and make him our RT where he can play at a really elite level. Hopefully he and Chris Williams would give us a tackle combo for the next half decade at least.

First Two Draft Picks:

First Round - FS Rashad Johnson - A little early? Yeah...but I literally hit just about every other possible need except for FS and Johnson is the ballhawk I'd love to put back there for our Cover 2.

Second Round - OG Duke Robinson - After setting up both tackle spots, I take our future at LG.

So try it out....try and be fun and descriptive with your reasoning.

CashmoneyDrew
02-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Colts: Peyton Manning duh....
Texans: This is tough, between Andre and Mario but the Titans need offense so Andre Johnson it is.
Jaguars: Rashean Mathis because we need corner depth

Free Agency: Julius Peppers to add to an already scary d-line

Draft
1) Percy Harvin, WR- I usually hate seeing Percy Harvin to the Titans, but that's because I don't see him as a #1. However, with Peyton and Andre in there this pick is much more acceptable to me.
2) Jared Cook, TE- Just adding another playmaker.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
02-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Texans- Demeco Ryans, beef up the defense some more
Jaguars- MJD would become top running and recieving back, better then westbrook
Titans- Haynesworth easiest of all the picks, absolute monster.

Free Agent: Nnamdi Asomugha best shutdown corner in the game

Draft
1) Peria Jerry- even with haynesworth the DT spot could use some help
2) Rashad Johnson

GB12
02-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Vikings - Adrian Peterson - Have to take him. Kevin Williams would have been my pick if we stayed with a 4-3, but I don't think he's a 3-4 NT.

Lions - Calvin Johnson - We are stacked at WR already, but there is no one else to take from the Lions.

Bears - Lance Briggs - There is no one from their offense that'd be worth it. It's too bad there's no one in the division that'd be a 3-4 OLB, so Briggs is added to play inside.

Free Agent - Terrell Suggs - Finally a 3-4 OLB, and very good one at that.

First Round - BJ Raji - With Terrell Suggs filling the other OLB spot that allows us to get our NT.

Second Round - Duke Robinson - Not a ideal ZBS player, but the best lineman that'd be available at that point in the draft. He'd bring some much need strength to our offensive line and could allow Colledge to move to tackle.

YAYareaRB
02-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Arizona Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald. Playmaker who could revamp our offense by himself.

Seahawks - I don't think I want anyone from this team

Rams - Chris Long. Could develop into a terror on the pass rush for us.

DRAFT

1. OT Michael Oher. We pick up this man beast to man the right side and sure up the O-Line for years to come.

2. Rashad Johnson. Ball Hawking Safety who could develop into a starter for us in his first couple seasons.

JRTPlaya21
02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Cowboys- DeMarcus Ware to help the Skins horrid pass rush
Giants- Eli or Osi. It's a toss up but I'm confident in Campbell. A taller WR to compliment Santa would help too.
Eagles- Asante Samuel, we could use a good corner.

Free Agent
Haynesworth. Major pipedream there though.

Draft
1) Jason Smith- the o line is aging fast and he would help
3) Fili Moala- can play a few different positions if needed on defense.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
02-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Vikings CB Antoine Winfield. He's scared of Calvin Johnson so when you can't beat em join em.

Packers: I like Kampman. Hard worker. Good against the run too. Kampman teamed with Avril, White would work for me.

Bears: Urlacher striclty because of the Old Spice commercial. Who's laughing now. Me

Not that coming to Detroit right now is saving anyone but one day it might be. Right now we'd be saving players from working overtime in January. Brrrr too cold for football.

Free Agent: Albert Haynesworth. Really really long shot and probably was playing for a contract but we need a good DT in the worst way.

1st pick QB Matthew Stafford. The future for Detroit.

Pick 20: James Laurinitus. But only if after every tackle he yells Awwwwwwwwwww what a rush.

PACKmanN
02-15-2009, 06:34 PM
Bears: Tommie Harris, gives us our other DE for the 3-4.
Lions: Calvin Johnson, beast.
Vikings: Kevin Williams, NT role.

Free agents:
Terrell Suggs, OLB role

draft:
1. Aaron Curry, ILB role
2. Duke Robinson, gives us stability on the o-line.

Strongside
02-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Browns: Joe Thomas
Bengals: Leon Hall
Ravens: Haloti Ngata

FA: Jordan Gross

Rd1: Percy Havin
Rd2: Eric Wood

Oline: Thomas - Wood/Darnell - Hartwig - Colon - Gross

Crickett
02-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Buffalo Bills - Marcus Stroud, DT (would be moved to DE for the Jets).
Miami Dolphins - Jake Long, OT
New England Patriots - Randy Moss, WR
Free agent - O.J. Otogwe, FS

1. Mark Sanchez, QB
2. Darius Butler, CB

Go_Eagles77
02-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Cowboys - Jason Witten - Best TE in the NFL
Giants - Justin Tuck - Would make a great pair with Cole
Redskins - Laron Landry - We'll need a FS with Dawk a FA to be
Free Agent - Jordan Gross - Probowl LT/RT
Draft - Knowshon Moreno and Hakeem Nicks - Future RB and starting WR

RaiderNation
02-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Chargers- Jammal Williams NT- He would improve our defense a lot. Would add the NT we have been needing for some time

Broncos- Brandon Marshall WR- One the best young WR's in the game. Would be Russell's #1 target

Chiefs- Brandon Albert OT- With him and Mario, we could have the best pair of young OT's in the game

Free Agent-Terrell Suggs DE/SLB- Our new DC loves to blitz. Having Suggs play SLB on 1st and 2nd down, then DE on 3rd to get a good pass rush, our defense would be very fast. Morrison, Howard and Suggs..... championship

1st Round- BJ Raji NT- Would replace Williams. It takes time usually for rookie DT to succeed in the NFL quickly. Having Williams, Kelly and Raji as our DT's would be scary.

2nd Round- Alex Mack C/OG- Would come in and start at either C or RG for us. Depends if we resign Grove or Carisle.

Overall- I think if Russell played like he did at the end of the season, this team would make the playoffs.

eaglesalltheway
02-15-2009, 06:48 PM
From the Giants: Brandon Jacobs, woudl give us a great RB to compliment Westy and give us a reason to try to run the ball more.
From the Cowboys: Jason Witten, TE is one of our biggest needs right now, and Witten is the best in the game right now IMO.
From the Skins: Laron Landry, one of the eltie Safeties in the league and would end the need for a Safety.

FA: Jason Brown, I love this guy and he is very young. Could be used at any interior OL position and would allow Andrews to kick out to RT if needed.

Round 1. Well if this were to happen our only major need left is LT. I'd say we trade up with a sweet package and get Eugene Monroe or Andre Smith to be our LT.

Round 2. Kenny Britt or Hakeem Nicks, whoever's avaiable, most like Nicks will be gone, but yeah, that'll work.

Smooth Criminal
02-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Browns: Joe Thomas
Bengals - Leon Hall
Ravens - Haloti Ngata

FA - Jordan Gross

1. Percy Harvin
2. Duke Robinson

Put Thomas at LT, Gross at RT. Robinson starts at LG. Stapleton, Colon, and Simmons battle for RG. Hartwig stays at center. Harvin gives us another receiver and a nice option as a return man.

Move Ngata to a 3-4 end. Smith, Hampton, and Ngata would be the most dominating DL in the league. Give me Leon Hall at corner to fill the void left by McFadden.

tjsunstein
Bears: No one, I hate them all so much that I wouldnt want any of them.
Vikings: Adrian Peterson
Lions are not our rival even though they're in our division.

FA: Jordan Gross

R1: Everette Brown
R2: Best OL available, or Larry English if possible.

MetSox17
1. S, LaRon Landry. With him on our team, our defense is top five.

2. OG, Chris Snee. We had a gaping hole on the left side of the line for most of last year. Snee would patch that right up.

3. DE, Justin Tuck. I'd tell Wade he better find a way to use him.

Free Agent: Albert Haynesworth, DT. Stick him in the middle, problem solved.

Rd2. BPA (OL most likely).

Go_Eagles77
02-15-2009, 06:53 PM

2. OG, Chris Snee. We had a gaping hole on the left side of the line for most of last year. Snee would patch that right up.

You're supposed to take someone from every team.

Yatta!
02-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Vikings: Adrian Peterson, unfortunately he is best back in the league.
Lions: Calvin Johnson, no one else is any good.
Bears: Tommie Harris, toss up between him and Briggs but he could probably play DE in our new scheme.

FA: Terrell Suggs - He and Kampman would provide a destructive pass rush.

1st round: BJ Raji - He can plug the middle of the line for years to come.
2nd round: William Beatty - the eventual replacement for Clifton.

PalmerToCJ
02-15-2009, 06:59 PM
Baltimore - Ed Reed, I love watching him play, what can I say.
Pittsburgh - James Harrison, LB depth and finally someone to get to the QB.
Cleveland - Braylon Edwards, Carson could complete a pass or two to him.

FA - Ray Lewis, Dhani Jones played well but Ray-Ray and Ed Reed would be amazing.

Round 1 - Jason Smith OT
Round 2 - Alex Mack C

Biggest problems of offensive line (most importantly) and lack of pass rush are addressed.

Turtlepower
02-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Cowboys - Damarcus Ware
Eagles - Desean Jackson
Redskins - Laron Landry

FA - Terrell Suggs (We need more ASU players!)

Round 1 - Knowshown Moreno
Round 2 - Hakeem Nicks

Bigburt63
02-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Jets- Darelle Revis: thought about David Harris but we need a corner like Revis.
Dolphins- Jake Long: Long could play RT until Light hangs 'em up.
Bills-Marshawn Lynch: Despite his recent legal issues he could be a horse for the patriots.

FA: Terrell Suggs: it will almost certainly not happen, but hey, I can dream right?

1st (#23)- Louis Delmas -a reach yes, but if CB and OLB are filled then why not.
2nd (#47)- Tyson Jackson- Depth at 3-4 DE can always be used, and he could be a potential replacement should Seymour leave via FA next year.

The Dynasty
02-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Bears - Devin Hester, Anytime he gets the ball he has the ability to take it to the house and We would need a person like that on special teams

Lions - Calvin Johnson, He would give us the WR Threat we havent had since Moss.

Packers - Well I guess Aaron Rodgers..He played very well this year and We need a QB badly.

FA - Vernon Carey/Jordan Gross. Either of them to fill up the RT position.

Round 1 - Alphonso Smith CB, Having Winfield and really no one else we need to sure up the CB position
Round 2 - Shawn Nelson/Ron Brace - Shaincoe came on in the middle of the season but could also use Nelsons athleticism and looked good in the Senior Bowl. Ron Brace to take the spot of Pat Williams when he retires. Either of them would work.

CT Bronco Fan
02-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Chargers - NT - Jamal Williams, big stud NT to anchor our 3-4

Chiefs - WR - Dwayne Bowe, best player on the Chiefs, not really a position of need, but Marshall / Bowe / Royal combination makes me happy

Raiders - P - Shane Lechler, currently a free agent, but he can kick the hell out of the ball. and gets lots of in 20's.

Free Agent - OLB Julius Peppers, says he wants to be in a 3-4, becomes a star in the Broncos new 3-4

Draft

1 - Rey Maualuga - we need 3 starting LB's for our new 3-4, 2 if we sign Peppers.

2 - Ron Brace - 3-4 NT prospect, moves to DE since we have Jamal Williams.

Jakey
02-15-2009, 07:21 PM
STEELERS:

Ravens: Ray Lewis, ILB (the ravens D' would fall apart, GREAT SUCCESS)
Browns: Joe Thomas, LT (Explains itself)
Bengals: Leon Hall (He played for Michigan!)

Round 1: Darrius Heyward Bey
Round 2: Jarron Gilbert

Realistic draft:

Round 1: Phil Loadholt
Round 2: Jarron Gilbert

PoopSandwich
02-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Steelers - LaMaar Woodley - Kind of a weird pick but Harrison is on the wrong side of 30 (still damn good) and Woodley is exactly what the Browns need, a very good pass rushing OLB, with room for growth and development. I would love to have him on the Browns.

Bengals - Leon Hall - I don't think he is amazing, but he seems pretty solid and the Browns need corner depth big time.

Ravens - Haloti Ngata - Even with Shaun Rogers on the d-line the Browns could really use another stud up front, with LaMaar Woodley included the Browns front 7 would be improved by a ton.

Free Agent - T. Suggs/TJ Houshmenzillah - Suggs would be another huge upgrade for the Browns on defense, although I do not want to give up all hope on Wimbley, his progress has seemingly stopped completely and even regressed. TJ would probably be my second choice, why??? Because the Browns really missed having a target at receiver that was reliable last year. Donte was hurt all year and Braylon Edwards couldn't catch ****. My only problem with this is his age, but I believe with the type of receiver TJ is, it wouldn't be as big of a deal as it is with other players.

Draft

Aaron Curry first round - PLEASE.

Second round is hard to tell, I would prefer to get Clay Matthews Jr, but that would be so many linebackers to add in one offseason (realistically though, we won't get a player from each divisional team so I would prefer these 2 players in round 1 and round 2.) I also wouldn't be upset with the best receiver available here.

senormysterioso
02-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Vikings- Adrian Peterson: no explanation necessary here. He's one of the best running backs in the league. Team's have to game plan for him. Not only would he make the Packers a super bowl contender, getting him off of the Vikings would make them an average at best team.

Bears- Brian Urlacher: It came down to Harris, Briggs, and Forte. Forte would be my pick for the same reasons Peterson was but it would be pretty crowded at tailback with Peterson and Grant already on the team. A linebacker corps of Kampman - Urlacher - Hawk - Barnett would be pretty decent

Detroit Lions - Calvin Johnson: Basically because he's the only NFL player on their roster. Redding would make a great 3-4 end but Johnson is a prototype, perfect wide reciever

Free Agent- Nnamdi Asomugha: Do I need to explain? He's the best man corner in the game.

Rd 1: BJ Raji
Rd 2: Max Unger

Our starting line ups:

DE- Justin Harrell/Johnny Jolly
DT- BJ Raji/Ryan Pickett
DE- Cullen Jenkins/Colin Cole

OLB- Nick Barnett/Brady Poppinga
ILB- AJ Hawk
ILB- Brian Urlacher
OLB- Aaron Kampman

CB- Charles Woodson/Al Harris
FS- Nick Collins/Aaron Rouse
SS- Atari Bigby/Charlie Peprah
CB- Nnamdi Asomugha/Tramon Williams

Offense:
QB-Aaron Rodgers/Brian Brohm/Matt Flynn
RB-Adrian Peterson/Ryan Grant/Brandon Jackson
FB-Korey Hall/John Kuhn
WR-Calvin Johnson/Greg Jennings/Donald Driver/James Jones/Jordy Nelson
TE-Jermichael Finley/Donald Lee
LT-Chad Clifton/Breno Giocomini
LG-Max Unger/Daryn Colledge
C-Scott Wells/Jason Spitz
RG-Jason Spitz/Alan Barbre
RT-Mark Tausher/Tony Moll

TACKLE
02-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Ravens

Pittsburg: Lamarr Woodley (could be another great pass rusher and could replace Suggs if he left)

Cincinnati: Keith Rivers (can play ILB next to Ray and eventually take over)

Cleveland: Braylon Edwards (will be the big target Flacco needs)

FA: Nnamdi Asomougha (E Reed + Nnamdi = don't even bother throwing)

1st Round: Tyson Jackson (some depth at D-Line and is a nice fit in our D)
2nd Round: Shawn Nelson (a athletic target who can stretch the field and replace Heap)

Malaka
02-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Eagles- Stewart Bradley- MLB- A young talented MLB, who will be an upgrade over Antonio Pierce, we could have had him but we picked the wrong big strong white guy, we took Zak DeOssie in front of him and that was a mistake.

Redskins- Laron Landry- FS- Put Kenny Phillips at SS, and Landry FS, that is the best young secondary you could ask for. A hard hitter who is a playmaker would be completely freed up by Landry's ability to cover the whole field. That tandem would just make me cream my pants.

Cowboys- DeMarcus Ware- OLB/DE- I honestly do not care if he really would not have a position with in a 4-3 with NYG, but he is IMO the youngest and best defensive player in the NFL. He could play SAM in a role similar to that Kiwi's last year.

FA
TJ Houshyomomma- WR- If Plax does not come this is definitely a huge need on our offense, and a pro bowl caliber receiver would do wonders for our offense. He has a good enough size and physicality to be a red zone threat, and is a very reliable and consistent target for Eli Manning.

Round 1- Kenny Britt- WR- We may have gotten Housh, but someone like Britt to come and develop into a #1 to either replace or play alongside Housh is key to keep our offense in top shape.

Round 2- DT- Ron Brace- We need a big NT type DT, to stop the run, although Cofield is decent, his contract and Fred Robbins's are both up soon. Ron Brace can give the NYG defensive line something it doesn't have a true NT/run stopper.

Brent
02-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Seahawks: Lofa Tatupu, I would put him next to Patrick Willis as the complimenting ILB.
Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald, does this really need an explanation?
Rams: Alex Barron, we need a better RT and he's young and decently talented.

1st round pick: Everette Brown, this is assuming that Aaron Curry isnt available. We need a pass rush badly.
2nd round pick: Ron Brace, we need a nice big NT to clog up the middle and he works perfectly.

Free Agent: James Sanders, we need a FS because Mark Roman sucks.

Shane P. Hallam
02-15-2009, 07:56 PM
For the Steelers:

Browns - Give me Joe Thomas. I'm not as high on him as most, but he is a young Pro Bowl caliber LT. I'd be happy :)

Ravens - Haloti Ngata. Not that we need him per say, but he would definitely be useful and we could have a nice rotation going.

Bengals - Chad Johnson. Would have taken Housh, but other than Chad, no one I'd really want. He'd be a nice slot receiver :)

Free Agent:

Jordan Gross. Thomas and Gross can develop in the tackle spots.

Draft (using Scott's Mock for who is available):

1. Alex Mack - Get a superior center to pair with those tackles.

2. Coye Francies - A sick cover corner who can start as a nickel and move up.

TACKLE
02-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Free Agent: James Sanders, we need a FS because Mark Roman sucks.

James Sanders over Albert Haynesworth??? This is madness.

Tha Boss
02-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Chargers- Jammal Williams NT- He would improve our defense a lot. Would add the NT we have been needing for some time

Broncos- Brandon Marshall WR- One the best young WR's in the game. Would be Russell's #1 target

Chiefs- Brandon Albert OT- With him and Mario, we could have the best pair of young OT's in the game

Free Agent-Terrell Suggs DE/SLB- Our new DC loves to blitz. Having Suggs play SLB on 1st and 2nd down, then DE on 3rd to get a good pass rush, our defense would be very fast. Morrison, Howard and Suggs..... championship

1st Round- BJ Raji NT- Would replace Williams. It takes time usually for rookie DT to succeed in the NFL quickly. Having Williams, Kelly and Raji as our DT's would be scary.

2nd Round- Alex Mack C/OG- Would come in and start at either C or RG for us. Depends if we resign Grove or Carisle.

Overall- I think if Russell played like he did at the end of the season, this team would make the playoffs.

Thats a pretty ridiculous statement, Henderson has started 5 games in his 2 year career, and Albert isnt even the best young LT in his conference.

That title would still belong to the broncos...

M.O.T.H.
02-15-2009, 08:49 PM

You got two giants there...switch Tuck with Desean Jackson and you're golden. I dont even like Desean Jackson that much but, his speed would be a welcomed addition. I would have said Landry and Snee as well.

EdReedUnstoppable
02-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Steelers give us Lamarr Woodley
Browns give us Kellen Winslow
Bengals give us Chad Johnson

then we take Alphonso Smith in rd 1, and Kenny Britt in rd 2.

sbh15
02-15-2009, 09:09 PM
3 From Division Rivals:
- OLB James Harrison, Steelers
- WR T.J. Houshmanzadeh, Bengals
- LT Joe Thomas, Browns

1 Free Agent:
- CB Nnamdi Asomugha, Raiders

That would plug all the holes we have...

Xonraider
02-15-2009, 09:14 PM
For: Oakland Raiders

Chargers: Shawne Merriman
Chiefs: Dwayne Bowe
Broncos: Ryan Clady

Free Agent: Albert Haynesworth

Draft:
well, with no need for DT, no need for LT (nor RT for Mario), no reaaaal need for WR this early, and no need for OLB (or DE, whichever Shawne would play in a 43) its possible the Raiders have no huge needs lol. I guess since we have no real number 2 WR we'd take Jeremy Maclin.

round 2: Alex Mack, C... or Duke Robinson, G

ftw

Brent
02-15-2009, 09:24 PM
James Sanders over Albert Haynesworth??? This is madness.
We run a 3-4, I dont think he's the best choice to be an NT since he wouldnt be in a contract year.

JT Jag
02-15-2009, 09:24 PM
JAGUARS

Titans: Cortland Finnegan. We need another solid starter in the defensive backfield, and he and Mathis would team up to make a scary duo.

Colts: Bob Sanders. He's overrated, but he's a hard hitter, great in run support and a top-notch leader. He'll relieve Reggie Nelson of playcalling duties, and allow him to focus on making plays in the passing game. Heads will roll.

Texans: Garrard? Meet Andre Johnson. Offensive co-ordinator Dirk Koetter? Say hi to that vertical passing game we're lacking.

Free Agent: Jordan Gross. We can't depend on one of the top three tackles just falling to us, and even if one does, the idea of them starting immediately next year is scary. Gross is a very good run-blocker and capable against the pass, and he's still reasonably young.

First Round: B.J. Raji. Hayward, Spicer, Harvey and Groves? Meet your new best bud. He'll eat a pair of blockers every play and give you more one-on-one situations.
Big Hen? Meet your new partner in crime. Teams were able to double-team you all year last year and we couldn't take advantage of it. But they can't double-team both of you and still be effective blocking the edge rushers.
Daryl, Clint and Justin? Meet your new savior. Raji and Henderson will team up to keep blockers off of you, and that'll make you that much more effective.

Round 2: Michael Johnson. Johnson doesn't deserve the slide he's going through right now, and he might not be available in the high second if he has a good combine like expected. But he can grow into a fast every-down end, with Harvey on the other side and Quentin rotating in. His best play is ahead of him.

TimD
02-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Buffalo Bills - Marcus Stroud, DT (would be moved to DE for the Jets).
Miami Dolphins - Jake Long, OT
New England Patriots - Randy Moss, WR
Free agent - O.J. Otogwe, FS

1. Mark Sanchez, QB
2. Darius Butler, CB

Mine is a bit different.

New York Jets

Buffalo Bills - Trent Edwards QB
-He'd be perfect in the run oriented offense we should run. He can be a guy to take care of the ball and be able to get the ball out to our receivers.

Miami Dolphins - Channing Crowder ILB
Well I would really like to take Porter here, but Crowder is a great guy to replace Eric Barton. Him and David Harris would be scary in the middle.

New England Patriots - Ty Warren DE
-Him and Kris Jenkins would be pure domination up front. Our linebackers would be free to make big plays for us.

Free Agency - Nnamdi Asomugha CB
Him and Darrelle Revis make the most intimidating secondary in the league.

Draft:
-1- Kenny Britt WR
Well we need a pure number 1 receiver to go on the opposite side of Cotchery. Think of this shotgun formation. Cotchery, Chansi Stuckey, Dustin Keller, Leon Washington, and Britt. With Edwards at the helm of course.
-2- Thomas Moore S
Sures up the secondary. Creates competition with Elam and Smith. Now we don't have a weakness at the FS spot.

QB Trent Edwards
RB Thomas Jones
FB Tony Richardson
WR Kenny Britt
WR Jerricho Cotchery
TE Dustin Keller
OL stays the same

RDE Ty Warren
NT Kris Jenkins
LDE Shaun Ellis
OLB Bryan Thomas/Vernon Gholston
ILB David Harris
ILB Channing Crowder
OLB Calvin Pace
CB Nnamdi Asomugha
CB Darrelle Revis
S Kerry Rhodes
S Thomas Moore

KR Leon Washington

Not too bad.

Sniper
02-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Giants- Plaxico Burress
Cowboys- Jason Witten
Redskins- LaRon Landry

FA- Jordan Gross

Round 1, pick 1- Chris Wells
Round 1, pick 2- Kenny Britt
Round 2- Phil Loadholt (for RT)

Championship.

AkiliSmith
02-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Bengals -

from Steelers - SLB James Harrison: He's just an animal in all aspects of the game.

from Ravens - S Ed Reed: The best free safety in the NFL.

from Browns - LT Joe Thomas: Excellent young tackle to help bolster a weak offensive line.

FA - C Jason Brown: The Bengals centers suck and he is a young talented up and comer.

1. WR Michael Crabtree - The line is set with Thomas and Brown so the Bengals look to replace Housh with Crab.
2. RB Donald Brown - Talented back to team up with the resurgent Cedric Benson.

holt_bruce81
02-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Rams

Cardinals- Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
49ers- Patrick Willis
Seahawks- Julian Peterson

Free Agent signing: Jordan Gross OT

Draft:
Round 1: Michael Crabtree
Round 2: William Moore

d34ng3l021
02-16-2009, 12:22 AM
Making these moves would make teams so stacked.

Falcons

Panthers: Julius Peppers
Buccaneers: Tanard Jackson
Saints: Marques Colston

Rd. 1: Alex Mack
Rd. 2: Clay Matthews

Crickett
02-16-2009, 01:05 AM
Mine is a bit different.

New York Jets

Buffalo Bills - Trent Edwards QB
-He'd be perfect in the run oriented offense we should run. He can be a guy to take care of the ball and be able to get the ball out to our receivers.
Miami Dolphins - Channing Crowder ILB
Well I would really like to take Porter here, but Crowder is a great guy to replace Ray Lewis. Him and David Harris would be scary in the middle.
New England Patriots - Ty Warren DE
-Him and Kris Jenkins would be pure domination up front. Our linebackers would be free to make big plays for us.
Free Agency - Nnamdi Asomugha CB
Him and Darrelle Revis make the most intimidating secondary in the league.

I completely forgot scabble was a free agent. I should have gone with him as the free agent and a safety as the second round pick. Otherwise I'm happy with the ones I selected. :)

scar988
02-16-2009, 01:35 AM
hmmm ok:

Saints - OT Jamaal Brown
Bucs - S Tanard Jackson
Panthers - DE Julius Peppers

1 FA: NT Albert Haynesworth

first 2 round picks:
1 - TE Brandon Pettigrew
2 - LB Clay Matthews

JonasBlane
02-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Browns - Joe Thomas
A fairly obvious pick I think. Steelers biggest weakness is on the OLine, Joe Thomas is (arguably) the best young pass blocker in the league.

Ravens - Haloti Ngata
This was the hardest pick. The Ravens and the Steelers share similar strengths and weaknesses, so it makes it hard to get much better. I don't think Reed and Troy would be an ideal combo, as they're both roamers. And while they have great LBers, I love our current core, and don't think they could get much better. As for Ngata, he is 25 while Casey Hampton is well into his 30's now. For the first couple years they would share time keeping them both fresh, and also use them in the 2-4-5. Then Ngata would again be the full time guy once Casey retired.

Bengals - Keith Rivers
TJ would be the best fit here, but with his history with the Steelers, specifically the terrible towel incident, he would never be welcome as a Steeler. Keith Rivers gets the nod as there's not really anybody else. He would take over for Farrior in a few years.

FA's - Jordan Gross, and move either him or Joe Thomas over to RT.
Albert Haynesworth - Steelers would play him at DE in the 3-4. This would give the Steelers a 4 man DL rotation of Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton, Haloti Ngata, and Albert Haynesworth. INSANE.

I'm not going to do the draft portion as I'm not too knowledgeable about this year's crop yet. This is what the team would look like with those moves.

QB - Ben/Batch/Dixon
RB - Parker/Mendenhall/Moore
FB - C. Davis/ McHugh
TE - Miller/Spaeth
WR - Holmes/Ward/Washington/Sweed
OT - Gross/Joe Thomas/Max Starks
G - Colon/Kemoeatu/Stapleton
C - Hartwig

DE - Aaron Smith/Haynesworth/Kiesel
DT - Hampton/Ngata/Hoke
OLB - Harrison/Woodley/Rivers/Bruce Davis
ILB - Farrior/Timmons/Rivers(would back up all LB spots like Timmons did this year)/Foote
CB - Ike Taylor/McFadden/Townsend/***
FS - Ryan Clark/Anthony Smith
SS - Troy Polamalu/Tyrone Carter

The team's lone weakness would be at Guard. With two pro bowl caliber tackles though, their weaknesses would be masked a bit. The defense would be ridiculously talented and deep, making one of the best defenses of all time WAY better. Aaron Smith, Casey Hampton(or Ngata) and Haynesworth on the same 3-4 DL would be absolutely ridiculous. Age on the defense would no longer be as big of an issue as well, with Ngata and Rivers ready to step into Hampton and Farrior's spots when they leave.

Whoops, just noticed now that it said 1 FA, not 2. My bad, didn't want to go back and edit my explanations and depth chart though, so I left it. I'd probably take Gross over Haynesworth though.

Gay Ork Wang
02-16-2009, 01:52 AM
Brian urlacher is not a good fit for the 3-4 Packer Fans ;)

djp
02-16-2009, 02:56 AM

Bears - Devin Hester - Would fill a monster void at returner and is showing promise at WR.. Vikings need another gamebreaker

Lions - Calvin Johnson - How many choices are there, really?

Packers - Aaron Rodgers - Minnesota goes to the Super Bowl next year with Rodgers at QB.

One Free Agent:

Julius Peppers - Might as well complete the defensive line and make it literally impossible to block our front 4.

First Two Draft Picks:

First Round - OT Jason Smith/Eben Britton - We shore up that silly right tackle spot occupied by pile of **** Ryan Cook and our line is now excellent.

Second Round - CB Alphonso Smith - We get Cedric Griffin outta there and put in one of my favorite prospects. Starts immediately opposite Winfield and never looks back.

So that gives us

QB Aaron Rodgers
RB Adrian Peterson/Chester Taylor
WR Calvin Johnson/Bernard Berrian/Devin Hester/Sidney Rice
TE Visanthe Shiancoe
LT McKinnie
LG Hutchinson
C Birk/Sullivan
RG Herrera
RT Monroe/Britton

DE J. Allen
DT K. Williams
DT P. Williams
DE Julius Peppers
OLB Chad Greenway
MLB EJ Henderson
OLB Ben Leber
CB Antoine Winfield
FS Madieu Williams
SS Tyrell Johnson
CB Alphonso Smith

KR/PR Devin Hester

Hello dynasty

stephenson86
02-16-2009, 03:22 AM
3 Division Rivals - Peyton Manning, Mario Williams, John Henderson

1 Free Agent - Nnamdi Asamomomo

First two picks - Kenny Britt and D.J. Moore

ChiFan24
02-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Aaron Rodgers and Calvin Johnson would be easy picks for the Bears, and I'd probably have to go Jared Allen over Adrian Peterson, even though AP has so much more value. I'd sign Jordan Gross, and then draft Vontae Davis at 18 (need really wouldn't matter at that point, and he'd be great value), followed by Levitre in the second.

fenikz
02-16-2009, 04:35 AM
49ers - Nate Clements - Line him up opposite of DRC and you have to very different but good corners

Rams - Steven Jackson - If Edge leaves he would be a great replacement

Seahawks - Lofa Tatupu - Could play opposite of Dansby int he 4-3 and in the 3-4 could play ILB whle Dansby shifts outside

FA - Terrell Suggs - Would play OLB in the 3-4 and RDE in the 4-3

1st Round - Duke Robinson - Could play either G position and creates competition for the other spot

2nd Round - Eric Wood - Sendlein needs to be replaced, he is not starter quality

RDE Suggs
UT Dockett
NT Watson
LDE Smith
OLB Tatupu
MLB Hayes
OLB Dansby
CB Clements
FS Rolle
SS Wilson
CB DRC

wicket
02-16-2009, 06:33 AM
Bucs: Tenard Jackson
Falcons: John Abraham
Panthers: Jon Beason

FA Jordan Gross
1st: Chris Wells
2nd: Jonathan Luigs

this would lead to:
QB Drew Brees
RB: Bush, Wells, Thomas (nice three headed monster right)
FB: Karney
TE: Jeremy Shockey
WR: Colston, Moore, Maechem
OT: Gross, Brown
OG: Nicks, Evans
C: Jonathan Luigs

DE: Will Smith, John Abraham, Charles Grant
DT: Sedrick Ellis, Brian Young
OLB: Jon Beason Scott Fujita
MLB: Jonathan Vilma
CB: Porter, McKenzie, Young
S: Harper, Jackson, Bullocks

I'd be happy ;)

Gay Ork Wang
02-16-2009, 06:41 AM
Vikings: Jared Allen
He is just a beast of the edge

Lions: Im gonna pick Dan....no ill just pick Calvin Johnson, everyone else sucks.

Packers: Aaron Kampman
Yea Passrushers are way to important to this team

Free Agent: Jordan Gross
he would be great as a RT.

Draft Picks:

Delmas and Duke Robinson

wicket
02-16-2009, 08:07 AM
I was thinking, Detroit could do this and actually still be one of the worst teams in the league.

T-RICH49
02-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Raiders Nnamdi Asomugha
Chargers Phillip Rivers
Broncos Brandon Marshall

FA - Albert Haynesworth - no explaination needed

draft

1st. Aaron Curry - beast nuff said
2nd. Duke Robinson - help still needed on the OL

MetSox17
02-16-2009, 09:55 AM
You got two giants there...switch Tuck with Desean Jackson and you're golden. I dont even like Desean Jackson that much but, his speed would be a welcomed addition. I would have said Landry and Snee as well.

I thought it was just three guys, not one from each team. But yeah, that third guy would really just be the cherry on top because with Landry and Snee, two huge problems would be solved.

I guess DeSean Jackson would be okay. We'd have a log jam at WR though.

Crickett
02-16-2009, 10:17 AM
I was thinking, Detroit could do this and actually still be one of the worst teams in the league.

Detroit

Chicago - Brian Urlacher, ILB
Minnesota - Jared Allen, DE
Green Bay - Charles Woodson, CB

Free agent - Albert Haynesworth, DT

1.1. Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
1.20. Ebon Britton, OT, Arizona
2.33. Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina

And suddenly the Lions don't look so bad.

FlyingElvis
02-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Damn. Bigburt beat me to the Jets & Phins players b/c I was thinking the same thing. So I'll change plans . . .

Patriots take:
Jets - Mangold. Solid center and young, too. Can't beat that combo.

Dolphins - Ronnie Brown. This guy is a monster. Bye-bye RBBC!!

Bills - Lee Evans. Simply b/c watching Moss lining up w/Evans on the other side and Welker in the middle would make my pants tight.

Free Agent - Nnamdi. Shutdown CB at a young age. zomg!

Round 1 - Maybin. Get some pash rush help. (I've finally been swayed by ElectricEye.)
Round 2 - Loadholt & Rashad Johnson (NE has two 2nd round picks) This way N.E. gets the starting S needed to supplant Sanders and an RT to replace The Snitch. lol

Jets- Darelle Revis: thought about David Harris but we need a corner like Revis.
Dolphins- Jake Long: Long could play RT until Light hangs 'em up.

TheBuffaloBills
02-16-2009, 10:28 AM
1) Patriots- Randy Moss

2) Jets- Nick Mangold

3) Dolphins- Joey Porter

FA: Julius Peppers

Draft:
Round 1- Everette Brown
Round 2- Chase Coffman or Pettigrew if available

GB12
02-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Detroit

Chicago - Brian Urlacher, ILB
Minnesota - Jared Allen, DE
Green Bay - Charles Woodson, CB

Free agent - Albert Haynesworth, DT

1.1. Matthew Stafford, QB, Georgia
1.20. Ebon Britton, OT, Arizona
2.33. Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina

And suddenly the Lions don't look so bad.
It'd be absolutely stupid for the Lions to take anyone else from the Packers over Aaron Rodgers. Why gamble on Stafford instead of taking a proven QB that is still just 25.

For the Lions I'd go:

Packers - Aaron Rodgers
Vikings - Kevin Williams
Bears - Lance Briggs

FA - Albert Haynesworth

Draft #1 - Eugene Monroe
Draft #20 - Vontae Davis
Draft #33 - Duke Robinson

CashmoneyDrew
02-16-2009, 03:10 PM
If I was the Lions I'd definitely take AD from the Vikings even though they already have Smith.

gameplaya2435
02-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Cowboys: Jason Witten
Redskins: LaRon Landry
Giants: David Diehl

FA: T.J. Houshmanzadeh

1A) Ebon Britton
1B) Knowshon Moreno
2) Phil Loadholt

TitleTown088
02-16-2009, 03:52 PM
It'd be absolutely stupid for the Lions to take anyone else from the Packers over Aaron Rodgers. Why gamble on Stafford instead of taking a proven QB that is still just 25.

Yeah, I'm baffled that any NFC North fan would choose a player aside from Rodgers, especially considering all their QB problems. quite Ironic they passed on him (queens twice) in the draft, thanks guys. :) He or AD ( maybe Kevin Williams..) are the most valuable players right now in the division.

Meh, I guess the bears could make a case for taking Kampan, Orton is serviceable... I just can't see the value of passing on an up and coming franchise QB. Aren't too many around, aye.

BeerBaron
02-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I'm baffled that any NFC North fan would choose a player aside from Rodgers, especially considering all their QB problems. quite Ironic they passed on him (queens twice) in the draft, thanks guys. :) He or AD ( maybe Kevin Williams..) are the most valuable players right now in the division.

Meh, I guess the bears could make a case for taking Kampan, Orton is serviceable... I just can't see the value of passing on an up and coming franchise QB. Aren't too many around, aye.

Orton career winning % - Damn near 66.6% (too lazy to do real math, 10-5 2-1 9-6...whatever that is)
Rodgers career winning % - 31.24% (5-11 in starts)

yowza. not looking for this argument in this thread though...plenty of offseason for that...just saying, I'd keep Orton and go Kampman. Plus AP and Forte would take a lot of pressure off, and even Orton would be able to pass with Megatron, Hester, and our two TEs all out there.

TitleTown088
02-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Orton career winning % - Damn near 66.6% (too lazy to do real math, 10-5 2-1 9-6...whatever that is)

yowza. not looking for this argument in this thread though...plenty of offseason for that...just saying, I'd keep Orton and go Kampman. Plus AP and Forte would take a lot of pressure off, and even Orton would be able to pass with Megatron, Hester, and our two TEs all out there.

The classic QB winning percentage argument, as if that position is solely responsible for the clubs' record. I Remember the year Orton won a bunch of games when he came in after an injury, he didn't win those games, the defense and ST did. He did play well for awhile this season, but not as well as Rodgers.Take a look at their individual stats. Sheesh.

I indicated I could see the bears reasoning for maybe passing on Rodgers ( agian ;)) but that's not good reasoning for doing so.

GB12
02-16-2009, 04:21 PM

yowza. not looking for this argument in this thread though...plenty of offseason for that...just saying, I'd keep Orton and go Kampman. Plus AP and Forte would take a lot of pressure off, and even Orton would be able to pass with Megatron, Hester, and our two TEs all out there.Please tell me you are not trying to say that Orton is better or even close to equal to Rodgers because of his winning percentage.

Kyle Orton in 33 starts: 30 TDs, 27 INTs, 55.3% completion rate, 71.1 QB rating
Aaron Rodgers in 16 starts: 28 TDs, 14 INTs, 63.6% completion rate, 93.8 QB rating

BeerBaron
02-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Ooo...I upset two Packers fans. I'm just willing to go with Orton in this fictional situation because I think adding Kampman in addition to the others would help my team more than upgrading Orton to Rodgers. Thats why I said I didn't want to get into this.

saintsfan912
02-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Carolina - Jonathan Stewart - Need a bruiser to take the heat off Reggie and Pierre.
Atlanta - Roddy White - Could be what we are hoping Meachem turns out to be.
Tampa - Tanard Jackson - Kevin K sucks, enough said.

FA - Aso - We need a CB badly.

Round 1 - Brian Cushing - We need a beast to help out Vilma and Fujita.

Round 2 - Yea, we don't have one of those.

TitleTown088
02-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Ooo...I upset two Packers fans. I'm just willing to go with Orton in this fictional situation because I think adding Kampman in addition to the others would help my team more than upgrading Orton to Rodgers. Thats why I said I didn't want to get into this.
I'm fine with your opinion, I even supported it to a degree, but your reasoning was terrible. Winning %( of two first year starters might I add. Yes i Know Orton started b4 this season)..? For rizzle?

Gay Ork Wang
02-16-2009, 04:51 PM
At least Orton can drive down the field when he needs to ;)

Chucky
02-16-2009, 06:35 PM
For the Bucs

Falcons: Matt Ryan QB- With Jags as the OC a fairly easy pick.
Panthers: Julius Peppers LDE- Fills one of the Bucs biggest needs
Saints- Marques Colston WR- Him and Bryant would make a sweet duo

Free Agency: Albert Haynesworth DT

Draft:
1-BJ Raji DT- Completes the complete overhaul of the D-Line
2- Lesean McCoy RB

Vikes99ej
02-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Bears: Nathan Vasher- This was a tough one. I think he would be an improvement over Cedric Griffin, who can't cover worth a ****. It was between him and Greg Olsen.

Packers: Aaron Rodgers- Not even close. We need a quarterback, and he's by far the best QB in the division. Still young, too.

Lions: Calvin Johnson- Put him at #1 and Berrian at #2 and we are set as a passing game.

Free Agency: Jordan Gross- Good riddance Ryan Cook.

Draft Pick #1: Duke Robinson- We could use some help at guard as well.

Draft Pick #2: Connor Barwin- Ray Edwards didn't break the sack record like he said he would.

GB12
02-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Why would you want Vasher? Tillman is much better.

Vikes99ej
02-16-2009, 06:57 PM

Meh, I didn't hear many good things about Tillman from Bears fans during the season. IDK, I couldn't find things on the Bears I wanted.

BeerBaron
02-16-2009, 06:59 PM

Indeed. You may all have a shot at Vasher too since he seems to have found his way onto JA's **** list....never a good sign.

Vox Populi
02-16-2009, 07:07 PM
For the Bills...

Jets - Nick Mangold
Dolphins - Kris Jenkins
Patriots - Randy Moss

Free Agent - Julius Peppers

Rd 1 - Brandon Pettigrew
Rd 2 - Michael Johnson

Bills now have a real center, best deep threat wideout combo in the league, a tight end to reap the rewards of Moss & Evans keeping 2-deep coverage. Complete beastliness on the d-line up front with Schobel, Stroud, Jenkins & Peppers starting, with an impressive rotation of Denney, Kelsay, Williams, Spencer Johnson & Michael Johnson; maybe even Chris Ellis if he developed a bit more.

Crickett
02-16-2009, 07:16 PM
For the Bills...

Jets - Nick Mangold
Dolphins - Kris Jenkins
Patriots - Randy Moss

Free Agent - Julius Peppers

Rd 1 - Brandon Pettigrew
Rd 2 - Michael Johnson

Bills now have a real center, best deep threat wideout combo in the league, a tight end to reap the rewards of Moss & Evans keeping 2-deep coverage. Complete beastliness on the d-line up front with Schobel, Stroud, Jenkins & Peppers starting, with an impressive rotation of Denney, Kelsay, Williams, Spencer Johnson & Michael Johnson; maybe even Chris Ellis if he developed a bit more.

Except Jenkins is a Jet, not a Dolphin.

Vox Populi
02-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Except Jenkins is a Jet, not a Dolphin.

Yeah I realized that but I had to take the garbage out and now I don't feel like editing it. The Dolphins don't have anyone who is all that good, they're all just good in a combination I guess lol.

P-L
02-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Bears - Lance Briggs
Vikings - Steve Hutchinson
Packers - Aaron Kampman

Free Agent - Nnamdi Asomugha

#1 Overall - Matthew Stafford
#20 Overall - D.J. Moore

Crickett
02-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Yeah I realized that but I had to take the garbage out and now I don't feel like editing it. The Dolphins don't have anyone who is all that good, they're all just good in a combination I guess lol.

What about Jake Long? Or Ronnie Brown now that Marshawn Lynch is in legal trouble?

Mr. Stiller
02-16-2009, 07:51 PM
So heres an example for my team:

Bengals: Anthony Collins, OT - Collins showed a lot of potential in the run game and as a pass blocker. Given a year or two behind Max Starks he could really give us a boost, might even be able to move inside to guard to Get a solid push.

Browns: Josh Cribbs, WR/KR - Steelers, while having very few holes, couldn't find much help on this roster. Cribbs is an amazing Return Specialist. Steelers lacked a special teams spark all season and with an ace like Cribbs this really gets a huge upgrade.

Ravens: Haloti Ngata, NT/DE - Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton and Aaron Smith on the front line? I dare anyone in the league to try and run on us. Ngata can slide to NT on passing downs.

One Free Agent:

Jordan Gross - Gross would instantly upgrade the entire line. He'd move Willie Colon to RG giving us a serious tandem of run blockers on the right side of the line.

First Two Draft Picks:

First Round - Jarron Gilbert, DE, San Jose State - Yeah he's flying up boards. He's 6'6 289lbs and has amazing intangibles. He can learn from one of the best in Aaron Smith.. Adding Collins + Gross should really help out the line. Gilbert starts slow, mostly as a Wedge buster, and slowly rotate more into the game, by year 2-3 he could keep up with Aaron Smith, hopefully.

Second Round - Eric Wood, C/G, Louisville - A C/G that can provide a push in the run game and solid anchor. Challenge Collins for LG as a rookie (with Chris Kemoeatu). Gross, Wood and Collins could turn this line around.

e-mac
02-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Raiders=Shane Lechler bad thing is I almost put Colquitt 2 Punters best players on two rivals man I hate what the AFCW has turned into

Chargers=Jamal Williams we need a NT something bad

Chiefs= Mike Cox LOL that is his real name bet his brothers name is Harry:)
Tony G I guess but TE is not a need

FA Nnamdi Asomugha if Oakland resigns him I'd rescue him just to let get out

#12 Knowshon Moreno McDaniels stamps his name to the team compares to Maroney who Ne took in the first.
#48 Clay Mattews fits the Jack or SOLB in Nolan's scheme perfectly I think

TitleTown088
02-16-2009, 08:10 PM
ugh. someone tell the nfc north to stop arguing until they're relevant as a conference again. or i'll do it in a passive-aggressive style.

Ahhh... the powerhouse known as the AFC west.

Staubach12
02-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Redskins: Laron Landry
Giants: Aaron Ross
Eagles: Shaun Andrews

Draft:
1. Hakeem Nicks
2. William Beatty

Todd Bertuzzi
02-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Giants-Brandon Jacobs:Fills the need we have for a big power runner who can get us the 1st downs on 3rd and short. Jacobs and Westbrook would be the best RB tandem in the league.

Cowboys-Roy Williams,WR:Gives us that big wideout to line up across Jackson. TO was not an option.

Redskins-Chris Cooley:Fills the void left at TE by the departing LJ Smith. He is one of the best in the league.

FA-Jordan Gross:We could possibly be losing one or even both of our starting tackles this offseason and with no real replacement the pro bowl tackle is a great sign.

Draft
1st round(21)-Eben Britton: Gives us a long term replacement for our aging tackles.
1st round(28)-Knowshon Moreno:Gives us a great backup for the oft.injured Westbrook. Great fit for our system.
2nd round-Louis Delmas:Gives us good depth at safety incase Demps falters.

Burger
02-16-2009, 09:19 PM
Vikings : Adrian Peterson
We need a legendary runningback. Peterson would make the ultimate offense.

Bears : Greg Olsen,
We need a real recieving threat at Tight End, I would love to have this guy as that threat.

Lions : Ernie Simms
Simms can be a 3-4 OLB, he has the great speed for the system, he could get alot of sacks.

Free Agent : Jordan Gross, he can hold down the leftside of our line for about 5 years, he'd be the best option for us.

Draft :
RD 1 : Jason Smith, he can complete our ZBS line and make Rodgers feel safe at home.

RD 2 : Jarron Gilbert , being a 3-4 DE, he can help the packers get alot more sacks this upcomming season.

GB12
02-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Ernie Sims at 3-4 OLB? No way.

Mr. Stiller
02-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Ernie Sims at 3-4 OLB? No way.

He'd have been better off nabbing Cory Redding as he's the only guy that could even remotely fit the 3-4..

Or Cliff Avril.

BeerBaron
02-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Or just go Calvin. There isn't a team in existence that wouldn't be better off with Calvin.

thefridge15
02-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Bears: Tommie Harris

Out with Pat Williams (after a year maybe) insert Tommie Harris. Maybe about a ten year streak of having the league's best run defense.

Packers: Al Harris

I do hate him with a large passion, but he can play in the tampa 2 any day.

Lions: Calvin Johnson

Who the heck else would we want? Plus him and Berrian would tear it up for sure.

Free Agent Signing: Kurt Warner

If he hits free agency of course. No brainer for the Vikes.

Draft:

Round One - Michael Oher

Most likely not left but this whole thing is extremely hypothetical.

Round Two - Alex Mack

He'd probably be starting day one since Birk seems to be on the outs.

Burger
02-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Simms can fly and Hit, why couldnt he also sack.

aNYtitan
02-16-2009, 11:36 PM
For the Titans:

Colts - Peyton Manning: Enough said
Texans - Andre Johnson: The man is the best WR in the league, bar none
Jags - Maurice Jones Drew: Takes the place on LenDale as a much more productive short yardage back to compliment Chris Johnson

Free Agent acquistion - Nnamdi Asomugha: He comes in and plays opposite of Cortland Finnegan to form the best CB duo in the league.

First Round - Percy Harvin: Is another weapon to use in this offense. CJ and Percy combine to form the fastest backfield in the league on the same play
Second Round - Victor "Macho" Harris: Is a bit of a longshot given that he may be gone, but is a guy to develop for the Cover 2 scheme once Nick Harper is done

Turtlepower
02-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Redskins: Laron Landry
Giants: Aaron Ross
Eagles: Shaun Andrews

Draft:
1. Hakeem Nicks
2. William Beatty

Staubach, you realize Corey Webster is much better than Ross, right?

TitleTown088
02-16-2009, 11:54 PM
hey, outside of san diego (whose fans have this perennial delusion that they're the best team in the nfl), we all realize we're god awful. most of us don't even abuse raiders fans anymore because we just feel bad for them.

Winning the NFC North this season is like being the world's tallest midget

Yep, Us too.

Vox Populi
02-17-2009, 01:57 AM
What about Jake Long? Or Ronnie Brown now that Marshawn Lynch is in legal trouble?

I'll take Peters over Long all day, Long over at RT and Walker into RG might work though.

I'd rather have Freddy Jackson and 12 games worth of Lynch (assuming he gets a 4 game suspension) than Ronnie.

I guess I'd take Jake Long though...

Mr.Regular
02-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Bears: Tommie Harris
Vikings: Adrian Peterson
Lions: Calvin Johnson

Free Agency: Terrell Suggs

Draft:1) Malcolm Jenkins
2) William Beatty

Ward
02-17-2009, 01:34 PM
For Dallas:

Washington - LaRon Landry. We slide Hamlin over to SS and let Landry be our best safety since Woodson.

Philadelphia - Shawn Andrews. Considered Stewart Bradley at ILB, but in the end the idea of a line that was Andrews - Holland - Gurode - Davis - Columbo was too much to pass up on.

New York - Corey Webster. Might have said Kenny Phillips if I hadn't already chosen Landry. Newman is hurt often, so having a depth chart of Newman/Webster/Jenkins/Scandrick wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Free Agent: Igor Olshansky. Knows the coach, knows the system. Let's us replace Canty smoothly. Not as much of an unknown as our backups Hatcher and Bowen.

Draft: 2nd round - NT or BPA. The only problem left on the defense is Ratliff manning the nose. He's good at it, but he's still playing out of position. A true NT would let us slide Rat out, and it's awesome to think of what kind of success he'd have there.

Go_Eagles77
02-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Or just go Calvin. There isn't a team in existence that wouldn't be better off with Calvin.
I bet Calvin would be a better 3-4 OLB than Ernie Sims. lol

BeerBaron
02-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I bet Calvin would be a better 3-4 OLB than Ernie Sims. lol

6'5 230 vs. what...like 5'11 225?

Calvin would be a better lot of things, haha

Mr. Stiller
02-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Simms can fly and Hit, why couldnt he also sack.

Because it involves beating an offensive lineman about 6 inches and nearly 100lbs heavier than him.

Him running around in coverage to hit receivers and RB's past the line doesn't mean he'll be a great passrusher.