PDA

View Full Version : strongest position in the draft

Solomon
02-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Just curious as to what position people think is the strongest position in the draft. Both in terms of talent at the top and depth.

I'm probably leaning towards WR as the strongest position right now. I feel like Crabtree and Maclin are top 10 prospects. While Harvin, Heyward-Bey, Britt and Nicks could all be taken in the first round as well. Robiskie, Williams, Iglesias, Tate and maybe Barden and Dillard as well could figure in the second and third rounds.

OT looks good with 4 guys being in my top 15 (Monroe, Andre Smith, Jason Smith, Oher). Britton and Beatty looking like they could crack the first. And Loadholt and Kropog rounding out the mid to late second round.

It's also looking like the center class is one of the strongest in years with Mack and Unger having spots in my top 32 prospects list and Wood, Luigs and Caldwell figuring in the second/third round mix.

nepg
02-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Probably OT or C.

LB isn't bad either, depending on what teams are looking for...
________
Colorado Marijuana Dispensaries (http://colorado.dispensaries.org/)

Staggart
02-17-2009, 02:06 PM
worst I would have to say is DT then DE

gramage
02-17-2009, 02:09 PM
Linebacker. a few big time ILB prospects with decent depth below, great top 5 OLB's and a lot of the top pass rushers areundersized guys more likely to fit at OLB in a 3-4.

Hurricanes25
02-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Cornerback

Babylon
02-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Probably OT or C.

LB isn't bad either, depending on what teams are looking for...

Very good year for LBs if you count all the 3-4 OLB types.

As a group i think it would be O-Line.

The weakest probably QB and DB.

eaglesalltheway
02-17-2009, 02:11 PM
OT is tops, there are more elite OT prospects than any position, and just as much great quality, and more depth than most other positions. OT for sure IMO.

Solomon
02-17-2009, 02:13 PM
worst I would have to say is DT then DE

Yeah, there's not a whole lot of solid 4-3 DE prospects in this draft. Most of the DE prospects seem like better fits as 3-4 OLBS (Brown, Maybin, English etc).

And considering how weak the DT class is this year I'm surprised that so many of the top underclassmen chose to go back to school for another year (Suh, McCoy, Oghobaase, Jones, Cody, Atkins etc).

wicket
02-17-2009, 02:13 PM
1 ot 2 wr 3 c 4 lb all really close but then there is a big of a drop off to corner then kicker and punter, tight end guard running back safety defensive tackle defensive end quarterback, that is at least my order

Dark Knight01
02-17-2009, 02:50 PM
The deepest is the WR position and then probably OL overall...

JRTPlaya21
02-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Def OL then WR.

Menardo75
02-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Ot for sure imo.

Thunder&Lightning
02-17-2009, 10:38 PM
OT without a doubt.

Brent
02-17-2009, 10:50 PM
OT followed by LB and in third... centers?

tjsunstein
02-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I'll take the unpopular RB class after the OTs
Beanie Wells, Knowshon, McCoy, Donald Brown, Shonn Greene could all be contributers.
If we're going based on where they project in the draft, definitely T then WR.

RaiderNation
02-17-2009, 11:35 PM
OT with out a doubt. Monroe and the Smiths are all sure lock top 10 picks. Oher is a top 15 guy. Britton is a top 25 guy also. A few guys will sneak into the 1st( Beatty?)

SenorGato
02-17-2009, 11:53 PM
DB. Tons of CBs and S out there that are legit draft prospects.

nobodyinparticular
02-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Very good year for LBs if you count all the 3-4 OLB types.

As a group i think it would be O-Line.

The weakest probably QB and DB.

We've seen a lot weaker QB classes. Stafford isn't amazing, but at least he has a ceiling.

Pitt
02-18-2009, 05:30 AM
Strongest is 3-4 Outside Linebacker.

-Everette Brown
-Brian Orakpo
-Brian Cushing
-Aaron Maybin
-Larry English
-Clay Matthews
-Clint Sintim
-Robert Ayers

eaglesalltheway
02-18-2009, 06:34 AM
Strongest is 3-4 Outside Linebacker.

-Everette Brown
-Brian Orakpo
-Brian Cushing
-Aaron Maybin
-Larry English
-Clay Matthews
-Clint Sintim
-Robert Ayers

There are two guys one there who I think are better sutied as DEs though, Orakpo and Ayers. Even without them there is a high quantity of well thought of prospects there though.

SKim172
02-18-2009, 08:07 AM
Wide receiver, I'd say. A good amount of elite talent, but very deep crop of productive college receivers who look promising for the NFL. I'd say there's gonna be contributors (or even starters) as late as the fifth round.

I disagree with the guy who said the running backs. To me, even the top of the class has question marks that in any other class would knock them down even a bit. And what's beyond first rounders Wells, Moreno, maybe McCoy, and second rounders Greene and Brown? A bunch of potential sleepers, college underachievers, and a whole mess of maybes. Not a great class, in my opinion.

nepg
02-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Aside from McCoy, there's no RB I'd really bother with early on in this draft. If there's any great RBs out of this class, it'll be a virtual unknown going into the draft.
________
Art On The Hill Condo (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

broadstbullies
02-18-2009, 10:53 AM
offensive line.. especially Tackle is the deepest atleast top heavy and you'll find good depth.

WR is good, besides Crabtree there isn't another top 15 guy IMO.. Maclin will get in there though.. but good depth. Should see a run at them in the mid 1st to late 2nd.

weakest is obviously Defensive Tackle.. only 1 really legit guy and Defensive End/Hybrid is decent but the two top guys are overrated IMO

Solomon
02-18-2009, 12:04 PM
I disagree with the guy who said the running backs. To me, even the top of the class has question marks that in any other class would knock them down even a bit. And what's beyond first rounders Wells, Moreno, maybe McCoy, and second rounders Greene and Brown? A bunch of potential sleepers, college underachievers, and a whole mess of maybes. Not a great class, in my opinion.

It certainly no 2008, that's for sure. This is how I see it:

Darren McFadden > Wells
Jon Stewart > Moreno (and IMO was at least as good as Wells as a prospect)
Rashad Mendenhall > McCoy (and Moreno too)
Chris Johnson > Greene (not even close, I'd say better than Moreno too)
Felix Jones > Donald Brown
Matt Forte > Rashad Jennings
Ray Rice > James Davis
Kevin Smith > Javon Ringer
Steve Slaton > Mike Goodson

As far as I'm concerned the ninth best RB in last years class would be the fourth or fifth best available RB in this class.

romani
02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
LB, C, and WR - in that order. I think some of the tackles are really overrated.

Menardo75
02-18-2009, 06:47 PM
LB, C, and WR - in that order. I think some of the tackles are really overrated.

Who are these guys?

P-L
02-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I like the group of receivers this year. Crabtree, Maclin, Nicks, Harvin, and Britt are all 1st Round talents in my opinion. I also like Heyward-Bey, Tate, Barden, Gibson, and Byrd in the 2nd or later.

nepg
02-19-2009, 07:28 AM
WR has a few guys that could be studs, but it's not that great of a class compared to other years...

I can't believe no one's mentioned TE.
________
Buy E Cigarette (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

Dark Knight01
02-19-2009, 01:25 PM
There are two guys one there who I think are better sutied as DEs though, Orakpo and Ayers. Even without them there is a high quantity of well thought of prospects there though.

^^ Agreed!

Donno
02-19-2009, 11:44 PM
OT then OLB