PDA

View Full Version : Ticket/Travel tips for the NFL Draft

swans149
02-18-2009, 08:23 AM
This is the year that i have decided to show my NFL fandom and travel to the NFL Draft(from Detroit). Is there anyone who has been there in the last couple of years who might have some tips on when get in line for tickets or any other useful info? Thanks for the help fellas. Go Lions! Take Crabtree! haha

TheBuffaloBills
02-18-2009, 09:52 AM
This is the year that i have decided to show my NFL fandom and travel to the NFL Draft(from Detroit). Is there anyone who has been there in the last couple of years who might have some tips on when get in line for tickets or any other useful info? Thanks for the help fellas. Go Lions! Take Crabtree! haha

I flew to NYC from Buffalo to go to the draft. I woke up in the crack of dawn, and stood outside in the rain with a few thousands of people. As time passed by, we moved into the arena. We were all squished, and I could barely breathe. After 6 hours of waiting in line, they turned us all home and said they were all sold out. Every single one of us. People were honestly rioting. My father, brother and I sprinted back to our hotel. We missed the first 3 picks and all the coverage beforehand.

Was anyone else there when that happened?

CashmoneyDrew
02-18-2009, 10:29 AM
That is one reason I will always enjoy the draft from the luxury of my house. lol

Grizzlegom
02-18-2009, 10:43 AM
i went to it last year. The line starts forming the night before and if you don't get there by about 4 AM on Saturday you're probably not getting in without screwing a bunch of other people over. Last year they started letting people in to get wristbands and once they started that, everyone rushed the entrance and it was a matter of who could get to the mob first and then push their way through to the front.

Sunday is a different story though as virtually no one came, you can show up like 20 minutes before and walk in.