PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Resign P Shane Lechler

RaiderNation
02-18-2009, 09:47 PM
The Oakland Raiders have re-signed Shane Lechler, who has established himself as the premier NFL punter and among professional football’s all-time greats.

The four-year contract is the greatest ever awarded to a punter in the history of the National Football League.

http://www.raiders.com/Common/Article.aspx?id=60646

This pretty much guarantees we franchise Asomugha. Good news :D

02-18-2009, 09:50 PM
The offseason just got a lil' better now. Like many I didn't think we would keep both Lechler and Aso so this is obviously awesome news. And Jerry Porter is back!

GB12
02-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Damn, I wanted him.

RaiderNation
02-18-2009, 09:52 PM
The offseason just got a lil' better now. Like many I didn't think we would keep both Lechler and Aso so this is obviously awesome news. And Jerry Porter is back!

We signed Jerry Porter :(. Got a link

02-18-2009, 09:54 PM
We signed Jerry Porter :(. Got a link

Not official yet.

per rotoworld

The Raiders are reportedly showing heavy interest in free agent Jerry Porter and are likely to sign him soon.

Porter clashed with Oakland coach Art Shell in 2006, but had an OK contract year in 2007 before busting in Jacksonville last season. He shouldn't cost more than the minimum and the Raiders lack much experience at wideout.

Loggerhead
02-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Why would you resign with a team in which your teamates punch you in the face?

RaiderNation
02-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Why would you resign with a team in which your teamates punch you in the face?

Because Terd is probably going to get cut. I bet Shane asked Al if Sands would return and Davis said not likely

RaiderNation
02-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Not official yet.

per rotoworld

If we can get a good deal for him Id take him. I thought we were going to do a Javon Walker type deal. Maybe Porter can go back to how he played his first few seasons

02-18-2009, 09:59 PM
If we can get a good deal for him Id take him. I thought we were going to do a Javon Walker type deal. Maybe Porter can go back to how he played his first few seasons

He showed good chemistry with Jamarcus in their very brief time together. I hope that continues.

Stash
02-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Can't say I'm overly optimistic about Porter, the guy hasn't performed in years. I'm glad we kept Shane though, one of my favorite Raiders!