PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Combine: Offense & Special teams

Geo
02-19-2009, 09:21 AM
[18th-21st] Day 1 Arrivals: Grp 1(PK, ST, OL), Grp 2(OL), Grp 3(TE)
Wednesday - Travel, Registration, Pre-exam & X-ray, Orientation, Interviews
Thursday - Measurements, Exams, Media, Psych Tests, Interviews
Friday - NFLPA Meeting, Psych Tests, *PK/ST Workout*, Interviews
Saturday - Workout (timing, stations, skill drills), Departure

[19th-22nd] Day 2 Arrivals: Grp 4(QB, WO), Grp 5(QB, WO), Grp 6(RB)
Thursday - Travel, Registration, Pre-exam & X-ray, Orientation, Interviews
Friday - Measurements, Exams, Media, Psych Tests, Interviews
Saturday - NFLPA Meeting, Psych Tests, Interviews
Sunday - Workout (timing, stations, skill drills), Departure

List of invited players/groups here (http://www.nflcombine.net/players/official-invite-list)

Discuss the offensive players and the special teams players participating in the Combine.

DiG
02-19-2009, 09:25 AM
scott blogging live this year on measurements? can't wait to see some of the official olineman numbers.

Geo
02-19-2009, 12:27 PM
NFL Network's Total Access at the Combine starts at 2:30 PM Eastern/11:30 AM Pacifc, we'll start finding out the more notable weigh-in results and the press conferences then.

But here's some leaked word:

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/02/day-1-invasion-of-the-offensive-tackles.html

First up is Alabama's Andre Smith.

He checked in at 6-foot-4, 332 pounds, as he is intent on making sure that his weight is not an issue with NFL teams. He said 345 pounds is the heaviest he has ever been, so reports of his ballooning to 380, apparently, are exaggerated.

He has not decided if he is going to work out. He said he will decide tomorrow whether to go through the workout.

Another Andre Smith article from the Combine. (http://www.freep.com/article/20090219/SPORTS01/90219052/1049/SPORTS01/OL+Andre+Smith+would+)

DiG
02-19-2009, 01:19 PM
good weight for andre smith, oher, and jason smith. i kinda thought one would come in overweight but they all look like they are there to impress.

ThePudge
02-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm very excited about Smith's height at 6'4. Many rumors had him at a much squattier 6'3 340 or so. With that being said 6'4 332 looks pretty good for Smith. It won't exactly help him here, but it won't hurt him like many expected.

TheBuffaloBills
02-19-2009, 01:33 PM
For the many that do not have the NFL Network, they can watch the it on here:

http://www.justin.tv/stealthsh0t

It is excellent quality, enjoy.

ChosenOne
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Edit: Nevermind.

jnew76
02-19-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm very excited about Smith's height at 6'4. Many rumors had him at a much squattier 6'3 340 or so. With that being said 6'4 332 looks pretty good for Smith. It won't exactly help him here, but it won't hurt him like many expected.

Could not agree more. One of the two knocks on Smith are now adressed and at a legit 6'4", he is a legit LT prospect.

He will need to address the Character concerns involved with leaving Alabama out to dry for the bowl game, but I think the height issue was more of a concern for NFL brass.

P-L
02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Four of the top five offensive tackles weighed 309 lbs, lol.

CantStopGregJones
02-19-2009, 02:10 PM
For the many that do not have the NFL Network, they can watch the it on here:

http://www.justin.tv/stealthsh0t

It is excellent quality, enjoy.

This is lame Basketball garbage.

TheBuffaloBills
02-19-2009, 02:15 PM
This is lame Basketball garbage.

Yeah, I know, he changed the channel. Big letdown.

Geo
02-20-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm really looking forward to the wide receivers weighing-in today. Runningbacks too.

Time to see what these guys actually are, instead of the listed numbers.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 10:14 AM
I'm really looking forward to the wide receivers weighing-in today. Runningbacks too.

Time to see what these guys actually are, instead of the listed numbers.

LeSean McCoy should be particularly interesting at RB, mostly because of weight. Some doubt his ability to take the punishment of being a full-time Running Back at the pro level. If he weighs in at sub 200 lbs, that's trouble, if he's over 210, I'll be very happy.

Also, there is Crabtree and Maclin. Both of their true heights will come out today. Some have doubted Maclin is 6'1, or even 6'0, we'll see.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I know, he changed the channel. Big letdown.

Not a problem, just use this link for today http://www.justin.tv/stickinittotheman

Geo
02-20-2009, 11:56 AM
http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/seahawks/2009/02/20/friday_nfl_comb.html

12:44 p.m. ET: Maclin was interview a little while ago, and he plans to participate in all the drills, including the 40-yard dash. His personal-best time is 4.31 seconds and he said his goal is to run 4.29. He does that here, and there will be conversations concerning him as a top 10 pick.

Maclin measured 6 feet, and he cited Santana Moss and Steve Smith as players that play the game the way he would like to. In 2007, Maclin scored on a run, a pass, a kick return and a punt return and was the only player in Division I-A to do that.

LonghornsLegend
02-20-2009, 12:32 PM
McCoy weighed in under 200 lbs at 197, he does have the flu but it may scare some teams off, and with Moreno at 217 he's got the ideal frame for someone who can step in with 20 carries a game.

Halsey
02-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Doesn't Scott usually cover the combine with a blog, listed weights, other cool stuff?

Edit: Whoa, Moreno pulled a Cadillac Williams!? That's the weight Caddy showed up at the combine for after being listed as lighter.

phlysac
02-20-2009, 12:53 PM
McCoy weighed in under 200 lbs at 197, he does have the flu but it may scare some teams off, and with Moreno at 217 he's got the ideal frame for someone who can step in with 20 carries a game.

Being a Pitt homer, I'm disappointed in McCoy. He claims flu and that he's lost 8 lbs. Regardless, he needs to gain some weight and show strength at his Pro Day.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Just wanted to clear something up on that link, I'm not positive if that will be a link that will work day to day. Right now, it is a direct feed of NFL Network, very high quality. Once the Combine Coverage really begins today, you can expect to see more. Still, I really don't know what NFLN is doing. The broadcast's purpose though is the Combine, so it's fair to assume it won't be jumping to another channel before we see everything we can about Friday's Combine coverage.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 01:03 PM

Ugh, exactly what I mentioned I didn't want to see from McCoy. Then again, does it really hurt McCoy if he's not seen as a 20-25 carry a game guy? With the two-back system continuing to gain followers, it has become possible for a #2 speed back to be drafted in the first round. Felix Jones and Chris Johnson were both drafted in the first a year ago with the understanding that they'd be the lightning to Barber and White's thunder.

Still, at his Pro Day, I hope he proves some people wrong there and displays some more bulk.

As for Moreno, he seems to be doing everything right in this pre-draft process as he is being mentioned as the top RB prospect by Nolan Nawrocki, Rob Rang, and Scouts Inc. While I side with Mel Kiper and Scott Wright, with Chris "Beanie" Wells as the top back, it is clear Moreno is making a very strong push.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Mark Sanchex 6'2 1/8 227 pounds

6'5 3/4 248 for Freeman

6'2 1/4 225 for Stafford

Other than Freeman, I'm really not impressed. I can't recall a year within the last decade that the two top Quarterbacks have measured in so short. I doubt either stock is hurt and because Freeman was known to be that big, I don't think that really helps him per say. Not huge news, but news nonetheless

bored of education
02-20-2009, 01:53 PM
As Stafford was speaking, Sanchez ran in and appeared from nowhere, blurting out from among the mass of media: “What do you think about Sanchez, the other quarterback in the draft?”

A grinning Stafford then instructed Sanchez to, “Get out of here dude. I’m getting you back!”

lol funny lil story

metafour
02-20-2009, 02:06 PM
Where are you guys getting these measurements?

Overall coverage this year seems pretty disappointing. I'm not sure what it is but seems like every year the measurements and such take forever to leak out onto the internet. I've only seen a few OL measurements from yesterday. NFL Network spends as much time talking with coaches and Adam Schefter(sp) than they do about the actual combine events taking place.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Where are you guys getting these measurements?

Overall coverage this year seems pretty disappointing. I'm not sure what it is but seems like every year the measurements and such take forever to leak out onto the internet. I've only seen a few OL measurements from yesterday. NFL Network spends as much time talking with coaches and Adam Schefter(sp) than they do about the actual combine events taking place.

They mentioned it very quick on NFLN, I wrote down the ones they reported. If there are any more, I will report them as soon as possible.

Donald Brown 5'10 1/4 210
Chris Wells 6'1 235 exactly

from yesterday...

Phil Loadholt 6'7 3/4 332. Fairly light for Big Phil.
Herman Johnson 6'7 364, attempting to get down to 350-355.
Chase Coffman 6'6 245.
Ramon Foster 6'5 328
James Casey 6'3 246.

Flyboy
02-20-2009, 02:22 PM

Uh oh. Sounds like Maclin might BEAST it up.

thetedginnshow
02-20-2009, 02:28 PM

Haha. Rex is awesome.

MidSouthRam
02-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Above listed link provided some interesting info

2:17 p.m. ET: Michael Crabtree wasn't quite as tall as expected. He measured 6-1.25, 215 pounds. He doesn't plan on running at the combine, instead waiting until next month.

M.O.T.H.
02-20-2009, 03:03 PM
I thought I heard her say Crabtree was only 6'1 3/8" but, I thought she just messed up and meant maybe Maclin...so I didnt post it. Ouch.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Above listed link provided some interesting info

So much for being the next Larry Fitzgerald. He comes up a couple inches short and perhaps a bit slower. Crabtree just does not strike me as a Top 5-10 pick, which is exactly why Maclin remains my #1 WR for this draft and why he has held that spot on my board for quite some time.

Flyboy
02-20-2009, 03:29 PM
So much for being the next Larry Fitzgerald. He comes up a couple inches short and perhaps a bit slower. Crabtree just does not strike me as a Top 5-10 pick, which is exactly why Maclin remains my #1 WR for this draft and why he has held that spot on my board for quite some time.

*smirks*

To each their own...

gpngc
02-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Hopefully this will turn off Pioli.

Ruskell doesn't care about size much so this probably won't really affect the Seahawks opinion of him.

keylime_5
02-20-2009, 03:35 PM
6-1, 6-2, 6-3....he's not a Randy Moss/Larry Fitzgerald type who's gonna out-jump you using every bit of their 6'4" length as much as he is a big, strong, physical receiver. 6-1/6-2 is tall enough for a player with his skills. His 40 time will be much much more important than whether he was measured in at under 6-2 or at the listed 6-3.

thetedginnshow
02-20-2009, 03:37 PM
It doesn't matter if he's 6'1". He's a much bigger 6'+ than a Maclin or Heyward-Bey.

M.O.T.H.
02-20-2009, 03:44 PM
It only really matters if he falls flat on his 40. 2 inches could be a big deal then. Regardless, it wont kill his stock but, it def. isnt helping him any.

wonderbredd24
02-20-2009, 03:48 PM
It could matter more than people realize... who is the last Top 5 Wide Receiver to be that short? Peter Warrick? If so, who is the last one before that?

SeanTaylorRIP
02-20-2009, 04:06 PM
Maryland WR Darrius Heyward-Bey has reportedly been cracking the 4.2s during test runs at the Athletes' Performance Institute.
Heyward-Bey ran 4.23 as a freshman in college. He's bigger than he was then, but the high 4.2s should be about right. DHB will draw a lot of attention this week. It will also be interesting to see how tall he actually is Thursday.

Look out for him. Hopefully he measures in at around 6-3" but I think closer to 6-1" if these are bare foot measurements.

Woody56
02-20-2009, 04:17 PM
It could matter more than people realize... who is the last Top 5 Wide Receiver to be that short? Peter Warrick? If so, who is the last one before that?

probably torry holt

Babylon
02-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Crabtree- almost 6-1 1/4 215 lbs. would say he's answered the 1st question.

wonderbredd24
02-20-2009, 04:22 PM
probably torry holt

He was 6th, but good call

SeanTaylorRIP
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
First group of O-line bench numbers:

Player School Reps
LOUIS VASQUEZ TEXAS TECH 39
TRAVIS BRIGHT BRIGHAM YOUNG 34
JUAN GARCIA WASHINGTON 34
ALEX BOONE OHIO STATE 33
ROBBY FELIX UTEP 33
A.Q. SHIPLEY PENN STATE 33
JASON SMITH BAYLOR 33
JON COOPER OKLAHOMA 31
JAMON MEREDITH SOUTH CAROLINA 31
ROB BRUGGEMAN IOWA 30
RAY FEINGA BRIGHAM YOUNG 30
ALEX FLETCHER STANFORD 30
ERIC WOOD LOUISVILLE 30

Babylon
02-20-2009, 04:28 PM
First group of O-line bench numbers:

Player School Reps
LOUIS VASQUEZ TEXAS TECH 39
TRAVIS BRIGHT BRIGHAM YOUNG 34
JUAN GARCIA WASHINGTON 34
ALEX BOONE OHIO STATE 33
ROBBY FELIX UTEP 33
A.Q. SHIPLEY PENN STATE 33
JASON SMITH BAYLOR 33
JON COOPER OKLAHOMA 31
JAMON MEREDITH SOUTH CAROLINA 31
ROB BRUGGEMAN IOWA 30
RAY FEINGA BRIGHAM YOUNG 30
ALEX FLETCHER STANFORD 30
ERIC WOOD LOUISVILLE 30

Nobody hurt their case there much, except maybe for Woods. Arent centers supposed to be stronger than that?

Good stuff Sean.

Geo
02-20-2009, 04:42 PM
With what he's done at the Combine so far, Jason Smith solidifies him being drafted by the Rams at #2 imo.

He's the top tackle in my book.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-20-2009, 04:47 PM
I mean honestly I don't think he's done anything to better or hurt his stock. Weighed in as expected and had a nice average bench press showing.

bored of education
02-20-2009, 04:51 PM
I mean honestly I don't think he's done anything to better or hurt his stock. Weighed in as expected and had a nice average bench press showing.

EUGENE is still my number one OT!

keylime_5
02-20-2009, 05:19 PM

good interviews too. I think it's still a toss up between Monroe, Smith, and Smith. I think the two Smiths are still higher because they have the most upside.

keylime_5
02-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Oher only had 21 reps of 225. To put it in perspective Jason Smith had 33 and Travis Beckum (yes, the flex tight end) had 28. Does Oher have really long arms or is he just bad at the bench?

SilverBullet
02-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Oher only had 21 reps of 225. To put it in perspective Jason Smith had 33 and Travis Beckum (yes, the flex tight end) had 28. Does Oher have really long arms or is he just bad at the bench?

That big of a differential can't be just because of slightly longer arms. Oher is on the brink of falling into the 20's.

Babylon
02-20-2009, 05:30 PM

21 reps, where did you see that?

keylime_5
02-20-2009, 05:32 PM
I think he's been there for a while. Senior bowl wasn't too kind to Oher. I looked and his arms are about average with other OTs, not too long. Disappointing # for Oher, 28-30+ would've been expected, 21 is really low for a lineman. I compared him to Beckum, but 28 reps for Beckum is really really good.

Babylon, it was on draftheadquarters, no linkage - sorry, house rules.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Jason Smith putting up 33 reps looks great and Wood putting up 30 reps won't hurt him at all. I didn't expect Jamon Meredith to put up those kind of bench numbers either. Also, I think I feel the Crabtree comparisons shifting from Fitzgerald to Anquan Boldin.

Babylon
02-20-2009, 05:36 PM
I think he's been there for a while. Senior bowl wasn't too kind to Oher. I looked and his arms are about average with other OTs, not too long. Disappointing # for Oher, 28-30+ would've been expected, 21 is really low for a lineman. I compared him to Beckum, but 28 reps for Beckum is really really good.

Babylon, it was on draftheadquarters, no linkage - sorry, house rules.

That's cool about the link. No matter how his supporters try to spin it 21 reps isnt good. May be able to hold onto that 4th spot but i'm waiting on the returns for Britton before passing judgement.

kmartin575
02-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Hopefully this will turn off Pioli.

Ruskell doesn't care about size much so this probably won't really affect the Seahawks opinion of him.

Same goes for Pioli. It is well known that Pioli values intangibles, leadership, toughness, etc. over measurables like height and weight.

thetedginnshow
02-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Beckum is a monster. If some team snags him late because of the injury, they're going to get a steal.

Todd Bertuzzi
02-20-2009, 05:43 PM
I can't see Oher falling past 21 atm.

Babylon
02-20-2009, 05:45 PM

No offense dude but the guy just bombed the bench press. I agree he becomes more attractive later but it's a competition and he's not doing well.

PACKmanN
02-20-2009, 05:49 PM
No offense dude but the guy just bombed the bench press. I agree he becomes more attractive later but it's a competition and he's not doing well.

didn't Jake Long or Joe Thomas also fail the bench press? how long are Oher's arms?

LonghornsLegend
02-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Ugh, exactly what I mentioned I didn't want to see from McCoy. Then again, does it really hurt McCoy if he's not seen as a 20-25 carry a game guy? With the two-back system continuing to gain followers, it has become possible for a #2 speed back to be drafted in the first round. Felix Jones and Chris Johnson were both drafted in the first a year ago with the understanding that they'd be the lightning to Barber and White's thunder.

Still, at his Pro Day, I hope he proves some people wrong there and displays some more bulk.

As for Moreno, he seems to be doing everything right in this pre-draft process as he is being mentioned as the top RB prospect by Nolan Nawrocki, Rob Rang, and Scouts Inc. While I side with Mel Kiper and Scott Wright, with Chris "Beanie" Wells as the top back, it is clear Moreno is making a very strong push.

If it's really the flu I'm not that scared off, if he's naturally around 210 that's perfect for the type of runner he is, he reminds me so much of Deangelo with the way he has excellent vision and finds the hole and he came to the combines at what, 215? I think he'll be fine, he needs to be in a committee situation like Deangelo or Felix like you said but he's a football player, I love instinctive RB's and that's what he is with amazing agility, a deadly combination.

Give him a few years to add some lbs and strength the same way Deangelo did and he'll be the best back from this class.

didn't Jake Long or Joe Thomas also fail the bench press? how long are Oher's arms?

Jake hit 33 so I know it wasn't him, he was pretty impressive on the bench.

DJC
02-20-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't think anyone posted arm lengths yet, here are some interesting ones -

Phil Loadholt - 36 1/2"
Andre Smith - 35 3/8"
William Beatty - 34 3/4"
Jamon Meredith - 34 1/2"
Jason Watkins - 34 3/8"
Eugene Monroe - 33 7/8"
Michael Oher - 33 1/2"
Eben Britton - 32 3/4"

Andre Smith pretty impressive for his height. Beatty helped his case too. Britton's is pretty disappointing for being 6'6.

Also, Monroe came in with the biggest hands at 11 1/8". Tupou had the lowest with his Alex Smith-esque 8 3/4".

Geo
02-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Jake Long had 37 reps last year.

Babylon
02-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Jake Long had 37 reps last year.

Was going to add that. Andre Smith with long arms certainly is some much needed good news. Monroe with a good set of numbers also. Britton good height, good hand size, arms could be an inch longer for my taste but the bench and 40 should make his case.

Flyboy
02-20-2009, 05:58 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints took him if he was available at #14.

Geo
02-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Andre Smith not being in shape enough to workout at the Combine = major red flag for me.

But he'll still be a major pick-up out of the Top 10, especially if he can play right tackle.

Chio151
02-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Way to go Beckum, steal of the draft.

In some ways, the fall of Oher is making me sad. I love the guy and think he'll be a stud. Just needs to be mentored.

Flyboy
02-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Andre Smith not being in shape enough to workout at the Combine = major red flag for me.

But he'll still be a major pick-up out of the Top 10, especially if he can play right tackle.

Think about this for a second, Geo.

Jammal Brown/Carl Nicks/Jonathan Goodwin/Jahri Evans/Andre Smith.

Hmmm. Doesn't sound so bad at all.

wonderbredd24
02-20-2009, 06:12 PM
I think the bench press number might hurt Oher, but up until this point was anyone worried about Oher's strength?

He looks more than powerful enough on the football field.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-20-2009, 06:15 PM

Yeah, Joe Thomas had a dreadful bench at the combine. He managed 26 reps and that was even without any of them being deducted for poor form when, apparently, at least 5 should have been.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
02-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Someone tell me the last time Oher was manhandled in an SEC football game?

Combine bench press reps are about endurance, not power. Most of these guys train to put up maximum bench reps anyway, it's not, ( max reps at 225lbs) a normal football strength training exercise in most programs.

The only thing it shows is how dedicated a prospect is to perform a weightlifting exercise for scouts.

Obviously Oher blew off the bench press test, but I'd be more concerned if he you told me he max benches less than 350 pounds.

Oher won't last past pick #13, where he'll be picked by the Skins.

gpngc
Herman Johnson did 21.
Gus Parrish did 19.
Jason Watkins did 18.

ThePudge
I don't think anyone posted arm lengths yet, here are some interesting ones -

Phil Loadholt - 36 1/2"
Andre Smith - 35 3/8"
William Beatty - 34 3/4"
Jamon Meredith - 34 1/2"
Jason Watkins - 34 3/8"
Eugene Monroe - 33 7/8"
Michael Oher - 33 1/2"
Eben Britton - 32 3/4"

Andre Smith pretty impressive for his height. Beatty helped his case too. Britton's is pretty disappointing for being 6'6.

Also, Monroe came in with the biggest hands at 11 1/8". Tupou had the lowest with his Alex Smith-esque 8 3/4".

You have to think those long arms are going to help Smith's odds of being taken seriously as a Left Tackle prospect. Most are down on him right now, but throughout the measurements he has cleared a few doubts people had about him. He's not the first big prospect to not participate in drills at the Combine and to put them off until his Pro Day. Still a Top 10 pick to me right now. As for Britton, that's not what I was expecting. Oher's arms are also fairly short compared to what some expected.

Chio151
02-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Herman Johnson did 21.
Gus Parrish did 19.
Jason Watkins did 18.

18! That's wide receiver territory. I had hopes for Watkins. Gus is sliding to the late late rounds anyways.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-20-2009, 06:20 PM
So much for Andre Smith having short arms.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 06:24 PM
18! That's wide receiver territory. I had hopes for Watkins. Gus is sliding to the late late rounds anyways.

Remember though that typically receivers are not in the 6'7-6'8 region with 34 3/8" arms.

gpngc
02-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Britton did 24 reps.
Monroe did 23.
Caldwell did 24.
Levitre 23
Green 22
Unger 22
Kropog 21
Reynolds 19

TheBuffaloBills
02-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Where can I find all these stats?

gpngc
02-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Where can I find all these stats?

They are scrolling on NFL Network.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Britton did 24 reps.
Monroe did 23.
Caldwell did 24.
Levitre 23
Green 22
Unger 22
Kropog 21
Reynolds 19

Obviously none of these are very impressive though none are stunningly low. Caldwell and Levitre, two prospects that could be in that 3rd-4th range (perhaps higher for Andy) have shorter arms so I'm a bit surprised the numbers are low. I'd have liked to see those two up around the upper 20's or low 30's.

JFLO
02-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Kenny Britt was only 6'2"?

According to NFL Network, I didn't know that

Rutgers has him labeled at 6'4" right?

gpngc
02-20-2009, 06:40 PM
OK here are the bench results:

TE
Beckum 28
Casey 28
Gronkowski 26
Morrah 24
Richard Quinn 24
Jared Cook 23
E. Williams 23
Pett 22
M. Branson 22
A. Hill 21
Ingram 21
David Johnson 21
John Phillips 20
K Sperry 20
Nelson 19
D Drew 17

OL
L. Vasquez 39
T. Bright 34
Garcia 34
Felix 33
Boone 33
J. Smith 33
Shipley 33
J. Cooper 31
J. Meredith 31
R. Feinga 30
Fletcher 30
Burggeman 30
E. Wood 30
Urbik 29
Canfield 29
C Lewis 29
Fulton 27
Beatty 27
Joel Bell 27
Cadogan 26
Luigs 26
B Walker 26
Murtha 25
Helms 25
Isdaner 24
Britton 24
Tupou 24
Parker 24
Caldwell 23
Brewster 23
Kemp 23
Monroe 23
Olsen 23
Levitre 23
T Green 22
Unger 22
E. Williams 22
Gus Parrish 21
H. Johnson 21
Kropog 21
M Miller 21
Oher 21
CJ Davis 21
Foster 20
J Thomas 20
Reynolds 19
Link 19
G.ay 18
Watkins 18
Fanaika 15

Geo
02-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Oher won't last past pick #13, where he'll be picked by the Skins.
I was thinking maybe Andre Smith doesn't get past Washington? What do you guys think?

Btw, nice rep showing for Shipley. He's a very underrated guy because of his height, but a team could get a real gem drafting him later on in Day Two.

gpngc
02-20-2009, 06:41 PM
I was thinking maybe Andre Smith doesn't get past Washington? What do you guys think?

Andre Smith will battle Jason Smith for #2. I don't see Andre falling past Jacksonville.

Chio151
02-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Andre Smith will battle Jason Smith for #2. I don't see Andre falling past Jacksonville.

Who's #1? Monroe?

gpngc
02-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Who's #1? Monroe?

No I mean pick #2 to the Rams.

hellrazor
02-20-2009, 06:48 PM
even usc punter buehler had 25 reps.

SeanTaylorRIP
02-20-2009, 06:49 PM

Because these are bare footed measurements. School measurements are always generous. Britt measured at 6'2". DHB measured in slightly taller than Crabtree. Maclin was impressive at only 1 inch shorter than Crabtree, and I think Harvin was something like 5-11" which is impressive.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 06:49 PM

Btw, nice rep showing for Shipley. He's a very underrated guy because of his height, but a team could get a real gem drafting him later on in Day Two.

I don't think Andre Smith will fall too far and right now I would be a bit surprised if he got past 7 or 8. Taller than expected, not as bulky, with much longer arms than most had forseen. To me, he has cleared up a few of the questions.

Also, with Shipley's short arms and squatty build his rep number doesn't surprise me in any positive way. Still, he seems like a guy quietly on the rise and a potential 5th Round pick in this draft.

ThePudge
02-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Because these are bare footed measurements. School measurements are always generous. Britt measured at 6'2". DHB measured in slightly taller than Crabtree. Maclin was impressive at only 1 inch shorter than Crabtree, and I think Harvin was something like 5-11" which is impressive.

Yes, Maclin showing up at a good size (close to his school's listed height) helps his case, as for Crabtree he remains firmly at #2 in my WR rankings and will stay until further notice. He is a guy, like Andre Smith, who has a whole lot to prove at his Pro Day. Still, it is not likely Crabtree makes it past the Raiders at 7 or Jaguars at 8, even if the world does crumble.

'cuse-213
02-20-2009, 07:01 PM
They are scrolling on NFL Network.

How about for those without the NFL Network?

wicket
02-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Think about this for a second, Geo.

Jammal Brown/Carl Nicks/Jonathan Goodwin/Jahri Evans/Andre Smith.

Hmmm. Doesn't sound so bad at all.

yeah if either oher smith monroe or smith would fall to us id take them in a heartbeat.

Babylon
02-20-2009, 07:10 PM
even usc punter buehler had 25 reps.

Not sure if punters run but he came to USC as a DB/kicker and runs like a 4.5 forty. He's the kind of guy i'd want on special teams.

GB12
02-20-2009, 07:47 PM
Wow, great day for Beckum. He's 15 pounds heavier and did great on the bench. His 28 reps was the best for TEs and better than 68% of the OL.

Woody56
02-20-2009, 07:47 PM

6-2 7/8, the same as Larry Fitzgerald

thetedginnshow
02-20-2009, 07:54 PM

What about Nicks?

SeanTaylorRIP
02-20-2009, 07:59 PM
What about Nicks?

6'0" 6/12

A bit taller than Maclin. Less than a foot shorter than Crabtree.

miamiron
02-20-2009, 08:00 PM

Jake Long had 37 reps which is great considering he has 11 inch hands and 35 3/4 inch arms a full 2 inches longer than Joe Thomas the length of his arms.

Joe Thomas did have 28 reps

PACKmanN
02-20-2009, 08:02 PM
who is this Vasquez dude?

TACKLE
02-20-2009, 08:11 PM
He was Texas Tech's RT last year. He's alright but LT Rylan Reed is a better player. There OT's are ridiculously strong. Vasquez put up 39 reps and Reed maxed out at 530 in the spring.

art vandelay
02-20-2009, 08:50 PM
How about for those without the NFL Network?

******* Time Warner.

phlysac
02-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Anyone have an official height for Nate Davis yet? The actual 4-digit measurement?

scottyboy
02-20-2009, 08:57 PM
disappointed in Nicks' official measurement, thought he'd be bigger. Didn't think he was a whole 2 inches shorter than Britt...

killa3312
02-20-2009, 08:57 PM
I knew Harvin was a legit 5'11... I have no ideas where these 5'9-5'10 predictions were coming from. He's not THAT short.

Woody56
02-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Anyone have an official height for Nate Davis yet? The actual 4-digit measurement?

6-1 3/4, 226 pounds

phlysac
02-20-2009, 09:19 PM
6-1 3/4, 226 pounds

So he's only 3/8 shorter than Sanchez and 1/2 shorter than Stafford.

ChosenOne
02-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Where are you getting the 'official' height and weight?

M.O.T.H.
02-20-2009, 09:43 PM
They're shown by way of a ticker on the NFL Network...during their combine related shows.

kwilk103
02-20-2009, 09:44 PM
anyone else notice pat white is up to 197

draftguru151
02-20-2009, 09:55 PM
disappointed in Nicks' official measurement, thought he'd be bigger. Didn't think he was a whole 2 inches shorter than Britt...

He was supposed to be 3. :/

scottyboy
02-20-2009, 10:07 PM
He was supposed to be 3. :/

really? I thought Nicks was supposed to be close in size to Britt. I'm not surprised Britt over 6'2.5 that's about what I expected as he's a bit taller than me. I thought he'd be about 6'3.

I also thought Nicks would've been about 6'2. I was surprised.

Im_a_Romosexual
02-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Nicks is listed at 6'1 ~215 everywhere on the internet. Brooks Foster was the one supposed to be 6'3

keylime_5
02-20-2009, 10:17 PM

Andre Smith, he won't get past Cincinnati. I think most teams will value him as the top tackle in the draft, so much upside, the passblocking is there and he is so dominating in the run game. His ceiling is so high, and his floor is actually pretty high as well, he'll at least be a dominating, pro bowl guard or right tackle in the pros. I think he's still the favorite for the #2 overall pick.

metafour
02-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Andre Smith, he won't get past Cincinnati. I think most teams will value him as the top tackle in the draft, so much upside, the passblocking is there and he is so dominating in the run game. His ceiling is so high, and his floor is actually pretty high as well, he'll at least be a dominating, pro bowl guard or right tackle in the pros. I think he's still the favorite for the #2 overall pick.

No way, Andre Smith's pass blocking has been inconsistent (especially in his 2nd season where he struggled). Add in his refusal to do any drills at the combine and that should only put even more question on his agility.

phlysac
02-20-2009, 10:37 PM
6-1 3/4, 226 pounds

Now I'm reading that he measured 6010 or 6'1" EVEN. I wish I could find a definitive answer.

Babylon
02-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Now I'm reading that he measured 6010 or 6'1" EVEN. I wish I could find a definitive answer.

That's what i saw too and expected by the way. Sanchez's numbers threw me off i thought for sure he was a legit 6-3. Stafford was on record for awhile at 6-2 1/2.

holt_bruce81
02-20-2009, 10:58 PM
I heard Chase Daniel measured in at exactly 6'0 tall.

Im_a_Romosexual
02-20-2009, 11:02 PM

That shocked me. I was expecting nothing over 5-10

Babylon
02-20-2009, 11:05 PM

Chase's 6-0 looks better than Nate Davis's 6-1.

holt_bruce81
02-20-2009, 11:08 PM
How big of a gap is it between Crabtree and Maclin?

I mean with a good/great workout could there be a new #1 Receiver on everyones board?

gpngc
02-20-2009, 11:23 PM
No way, Andre Smith's pass blocking has been inconsistent (especially in his 2nd season where he struggled). Add in his refusal to do any drills at the combine and that should only put even more question on his agility.

If by inconsistent you mean giving up 0 sacks in the SEC this season, then yes he's been inconsistent.

phlysac
02-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Chase's 6-0 looks better than Nate Davis's 6-1.

but not as good as Nate Davis' 6' 1 3/4" whichever is accurate. haha

I'm wondering if the discrepency is in the site that many people have been using to get updated measurments (including myself) has only listed the rounded heights as seen on nfl.com :shrugs:

TACKLE
02-20-2009, 11:29 PM
If by inconsistent you mean giving up 0 sacks in the SEC this season, then yes he's been inconsistent.

Remember the SEC Championship. Brandon Spikes beat him clean off the edge.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/1211/ncf_u_bspikes1_600.jpg

gpngc
02-20-2009, 11:33 PM
Remember the SEC Championship. Brandon Spikes beat him clean off the edge.

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/1211/ncf_u_bspikes1_600.jpg

It was one play and IIRC Smith looked inside at the snap and Spikes was behind him before he even knew what happened.

Plus it was Spikes who is quicker than a lot of DEs.

He's not an ideal blindside protector but the idea that his pass blocking is weak is overblown simply because his run blocking is so good.

DJC
02-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Crabtree came in with the 2nd longest arms at 34 1/4", second only to the 6'6 Ramses Barden and 6'4 Marko Mitchell by a 1/4", and ahead of Kenny Brit by 1/4". I don't see him falling much.

Barden also had the biggest hands at 10 3/4", with Nicks right behind him at 10 1/2".

Lesean McCoy and Shonn Greene are the only two RBs thus far to have their hands measure under 9".

Babylon
02-20-2009, 11:39 PM
How big of a gap is it between Crabtree and Maclin?

I mean with a good/great workout could there be a new #1 Receiver on everyones board?

Dont see people's rankings change. We know Maclin is faster, a lot faster, but i think Crabtree still goes 1st, probably to Seattle.

PossumBoy9
02-20-2009, 11:49 PM
With what he's done at the Combine so far, Jason Smith solidifies him being drafted by the Rams at #2 imo.

He's the top tackle in my book.

Yeah, I've had him going to the Rams since Thanksgiving....and I doubt I change it now.

TACKLE
02-20-2009, 11:52 PM
It was one play and IIRC Smith looked inside at the snap and Spikes was behind him before he even knew what happened.

Plus it was Spikes who is quicker than a lot of DEs.

He's not an ideal blindside protector but the idea that his pass blocking is weak is overblown simply because his run blocking is so good.

I wasn't arguing against what you were saying, you just said that he let up 0 sacks which was incorrect.

TACKLE
02-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Crabtree came in with the 2nd longest arms at 34 1/4", second only to the 6'6 Ramses Barden and 6'4 Marko Mitchell by a 1/4", and ahead of Kenny Brit by 1/4". I don't see him falling much.

Barden also had the biggest hands at 10 3/4", with Nicks right behind him at 10 1/2".

Lesean McCoy and Shonn Greene are the only two RBs thus far to have their hands measure under 9".

Where are you getting the arm length info?

thetedginnshow
02-21-2009, 02:47 AM

I'm more surprised with Britt. The big thing going for him was that he was much bigger than the other receivers, but that hardly seems like the case at this point. That's about what I expected for Nicks, and the fact that it's now official that he has ridiculously large hands, I expect he's going to impress in the tree at start his ascent.