PDA

View Full Version : Does someone have the results of the Lineman weigh ins??

Black Bolt
02-19-2009, 09:52 AM
It was supposed to happen yesterday.

ncst8fan83
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm fairly certain it's suppose to be today

bored of education
02-19-2009, 11:13 AM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30291

direct combine question for offensive players to that thread

Scott Wright
02-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Slow your roll, things haven't even started up yet... :)

I am working on getting my Scouting Combine coverage section together as we speak.

jnew76
02-19-2009, 12:04 PM
Slow your roll, things haven't even started up yet... :)

I am working on getting my Scouting Combine coverage section together as we speak.

Good, It is about time you got something done around here.

bored of education
02-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Good, It is about time you got something done around here.

wow
Scott will not like that lol :D

jnew76
02-19-2009, 01:34 PM
wow
Scott will not like that lol :D

I hope his sarcasm radar is working. We all know he is the hardest working man in Drafnik circles.

Chio151
02-19-2009, 03:39 PM
ESPN has some in their blog. Andre Smith was only 332, which should help him. And he *said* he was 6-4.

JFLO
02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
I know of the following from various websites

Michael Oher somehow only managed to check in at 6'4" and above 300 pounds. This is strange because he measured in at nearly 6'6" at the Senior Bowl. I know this sounds far fetched, but it's reported all over the internet.

Herman Johnson has lost nearly 20 pounds since the Senior Bowl, weighing in at like 364 pounds.

Eben Britton checked in very well at 6'6" 310 pounds

Eugene Monroe checked in at 6'5" and a shade under 310

Max Unger checked in at 6'5" and a shade under 310

Andre Smith did check in at the rumored height and weight at 6'4" 332

Jason Smith checked in at 6'6" 310 pounds as well

A lot of these lineman came to the combine very well prepared, but Michael Oher's situation is pretty awkward, but I'm sure it will be clarified soon enough, because nearly 2 inches is a drastic difference when it comes to this kind of deal.

Here's the website I look at:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/blog/2009/02/2009-nfl-combine-results/

Black Bolt
02-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Real good stuff and Oher's is probably a mistake.

Michael Oher somehow only managed to check in at 6'4" and above 300 pounds. This is strange because he measured in at nearly 6'6" at the Senior Bowl. I know this sounds far fetched, but it's reported all over the internet.

Herman Johnson has lost nearly 20 pounds since the Senior Bowl, weighing in at like 364 pounds.

A lot of these lineman came to the combine very well prepared, but Michael Oher's situation is pretty awkward, but I'm sure it will be clarified soon enough, because nearly 2 inches is a drastic difference when it comes to this kind of deal.

Babylon
02-19-2009, 04:52 PM

Are those barefoot measurements?

JFLO
02-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Are those barefoot measurements?

I imagine, it would be hard to believe they wouldn't be...

Babylon
02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
I imagine, it would be hard to believe they wouldn't be...

I think you're right, i know they were at the Senior Bowl. Some seem taller than you would think. Britton and Jason Smith at 6-6 seem tall but certainly good for their cause.

I get a kick out of Herman Johnson dropping 20 LBS and weighing in at 364. I'd say keep going.

Geo
02-19-2009, 05:11 PM
I think NFL Network had Oher listed at 6-4-1/2.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Alex Boone: 6'8", 328. That's a whole lot of beef.

CantStopGregJones
02-19-2009, 05:19 PM

A whole lot of arrogant, immature and smug beef. He's a pieace of garbage and epic failure waiting to happen. I wouldn't draft him.

The coverage this year blows harder than Michigan and sucks more than Pittsbugh.

bored of education
02-19-2009, 05:22 PM
A whole lot of arrogant, immature and smug beef. He's a pieace of garbage and epic failure waiting to happen. I wouldn't draft him.

The coverage this year blows harder than Michigan and sucks more than Pittsbugh.

I wonder if he showed up sober.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 05:23 PM

He does suck...a lot. Then again, Tressel's track record of producing offensive linemen in his tenure at OSU is very underwhelming, so it's not too surprising.

Sniper
02-19-2009, 05:24 PM
I wonder if he showed up sober.

He would have weighed in at 325 if it weren't for the 30 pack he polished off an hour before.

CantStopGregJones
02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
He does suck...a lot. Then again, Tressel's track record of producing offensive linemen in his tenure at OSU is very underwhelming, so it's not too surprising.

Indeed. Mangold is the only quallity lineman he's produced.

Wemiss Cooper's recruited badly.

Chio151
02-19-2009, 05:58 PM
So, are the tackle rankings solidifying?

1. Jason Smith
2. Eugene Monroe
3. Andre Smith
4. Mike Oher
5. Eben Britton.

phlysac
02-19-2009, 06:07 PM

1. Jason Smith
2. Eugene Monroe
3. Andre Smith
4. Mike Oher
5. Eben Britton.

The fact that so many people keep dropping Oher is confusing to me.

As for Jason Smith, it's difficult to project him considering he's never played from a 3 point stance and almost never run blocked. Since that's the case It's also confusing as to why he is so often the top-ranked tackle.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone's rankings, it's just that I rarely get to see any substantive reasons as to why they're ranked that way.

My personal rankings would be

1. Eugene Monroe
2. Michael Oher
3. Jason Smith
4. Andre Smith (he screams RIGHT Tackle to me)
5. Eben Britton

Babylon
02-19-2009, 06:08 PM

1. Jason Smith
2. Eugene Monroe
3. Andre Smith
4. Mike Oher
5. Eben Britton.

Based on Measurements? No.

Menardo75
02-19-2009, 06:48 PM

1. Jason Smith
2. Eugene Monroe
3. Andre Smith
4. Mike Oher
5. Eben Britton.

If your Mike Mayock then yeah.

phlysac
02-19-2009, 06:50 PM
WOW

William Beatty gained 16 lbs since the Senior Bowl weighing in at 6'6" 307

Babylon
02-19-2009, 07:01 PM
The fact that so many people keep dropping Oher is confusing to me.

As for Jason Smith, it's difficult to project him considering he's never played from a 3 point stance and almost never run blocked. Since that's the case It's also confusing as to why he is so often the top-ranked tackle.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone's rankings, it's just that I rarely get to see any substantive reasons as to why they're ranked that way.

My personal rankings would be

1. Eugene Monroe
2. Michael Oher
3. Jason Smith
4. Andre Smith (he screams RIGHT Tackle to me)
5. Eben Britton

To me as a group they're all close, which i've always thought meant they'd likely drop but maybe not. Sometimes with rankings guys drop and it changes the rankings as opposed to an actual reason to move someone up.

ThePudge
02-19-2009, 07:12 PM
WOW

William Beatty gained 16 lbs since the Senior Bowl weighing in at 6'6" 307

Very intriguing, one of the more interesting stories of the Combine's first measurements. If Beatty displays any semblance of strength in the bench press, he may very well move into that #5 spot and be drafted much higher than many project.

SilverBullet
02-19-2009, 07:30 PM

Dang, lot of hate for no reason. He is immature and a loudmouth but he isn't a bad guy. Think you need to tone it down.

nepg
02-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Guys can cut or put on weight for the weigh-ins pretty easily. They'll dehydrate themselves if they're too heavy or drink an ass-ton of water and not pee if they're too light. Can easily create a 10-15lb difference, especially easy for offensive linemen...

So if a guy is way heavier or way lighter (in a good way) than I thought he was, I'll assume it's temporary (until they rehydrate or piss their pants).

If Oher's measurements are really what's been described, that'd be shocking... Still my top OT though.
________
Portable vaporizors (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

ThePudge
02-19-2009, 07:34 PM

How can one be an epic failure waiting to happen if they are not even drafted?

Havok69
02-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Guys can cut or put on weight for the weigh-ins pretty easily. They'll dehydrate themselves if they're too heavy or drink an ass-ton of water and not pee if they're too light. Can easily create a 10-15lb difference, especially easy for offensive linemen...

So if a guy is way heavier or way lighter (in a good way) than I thought he was, I'll assume it's temporary (until they rehydrate or piss their pants).

If Oher's measurements are really what's been described, that'd be shocking... Still my top OT though.

nepg, as in nepatriotsgood?

nepg
02-19-2009, 07:50 PM
nepg, as in nepatriotsgood?

You are correct.
________
TeaseMaid cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/TeaseMaid)

xcfan
02-19-2009, 08:19 PM

what kind of beer goes best with beef?

CantStopGregJones
02-19-2009, 08:21 PM
How can one be an epic failure waiting to happen if they are not even drafted?

If you knew anything about him then you'd know he is already an aepic failure and its just keeps getting more hillarious.

keylime_5
02-19-2009, 08:25 PM
He does suck...a lot. Then again Tressel's track record of producing offensive linemen, in his tenure at OSU is very underwhelming, so it's not too surprising.

Lots of hate for Jim Bollman too for that from the fanbase. He can hang his hat on Nick Mangold I guess, that guy is a great player at least.

Havok69
02-19-2009, 08:41 PM
You are correct.

Any chance Swiss Cake Rolls are on sale?

ThePudge
02-19-2009, 08:49 PM
If you knew anything about him then you'd know he is already an aepic failure and its just keeps getting more hillarious.

I'm an Ohio State fan that has followed Boone's career since he stepped on campus his freshman year. I have known and also written about his problems with alcohol and have friends that have drank with Boone. Apparently he's not that bad a guy, he just is a bit wild.

You also dodged my question, how does Boone become an epic failure waiting to happen if he is not even drafted? A team is not expected to invest a draft pick on Boone, so how he is an epic failure waiting to happen? Boone has done his failing this offseason and comes into the NFL with no hype, so how he can disappoint teams now is beyond me.

JFLO
02-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm an Ohio State fan that has followed Boone's career since he stepped on campus his freshman year. I have known and also written about his problems with alcohol and have friends that have drank with Boone. Apparently he's not that bad a guy, he just is a bit wild.

You also dodged my question, how does Boone become an epic failure waiting to happen if he is not even drafted? A team is not expected to invest a draft pick on Boone, so how he is an epic failure waiting to happen? Boone has done his failing this offseason and comes into the NFL with no hype, so how he can disappoint teams now is beyond me.

A "bit" wouldn't do justice for that description. I'm a student at OSU and I've seen one event and heard of another one about his drinking and it's not pretty. I won't say them publicly, b/c that wouldn't be cool, but a "bit" wouldn't describe his wildness in my eye.

SilverBullet
02-19-2009, 10:24 PM
A "bit" wouldn't do justice for that description. I'm a student at OSU and I've seen one event and heard of another one about his drinking and it's not pretty. I won't say them publicly, b/c that wouldn't be cool, but a "bit" wouldn't describe his wildness in my eye.

He went sober in '07. He said he thought he could control it so he started drinking again this past year. Obviously, he couldn't. He never lived up to his high school hype and he has a problem, but you clearly have something personal against him that you can't seem to let go of.

phlysac
02-19-2009, 10:25 PM

What did you feel was shocking about Michael Oher's measurements?

He is taller than Andre Smith and the same weight as Eugene Monroe, Jason Smith, Eben Britton, and Troy Kropog.

nepg
02-19-2009, 10:28 PM
I figured he was ~315.
________
California Medical Marijuana Dispensary (http://california.dispensaries.org/)

Paranoidmoonduck
02-19-2009, 10:32 PM

Because it appears he's both shorter and lighter than he was at the Senior Bowl.

ThePudge
02-19-2009, 10:32 PM

He is taller than Andre Smith and the same weight as Eugene Monroe, Jason Smith, Eben Britton, and Troy Kropog.

He measured in noticeably shorter at the Combine than the Senior Bowl.

phlysac
02-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Because it appears he's both shorter and lighter than he was at the Senior Bowl.

He measured in noticeably shorter at the Combine than the Senior Bowl.

Although it is odd that his height measurements were inconsistent they don't appear in any way significantly different to me.

Senior Bowl
Height - 6050 Weight 309

Combine
Height - 6044 Weight 309

As you can see his weight is identical and although shorter (for some unknown reason) only by 1/2 an inch.

Solomon
02-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Although it is odd that his height measurements were inconsistent they don't appear in any way significantly different to me.

Senior Bowl
Height - 6050 Weight 309

Combine
Height - 6044 Weight 309

As you can see his weight is identical and although shorter (for some unknown reason) only by 1/2 an inch.

That's true. And seemingly insignificant things, like how much sleep you get, stretching etc, can alter height by as much as half an inch on a day to day basis due to the discs in the spinal column compressing.

CantStopGregJones
02-20-2009, 12:58 AM

He was said to be the next Orlando Pace. He's a concret block footed slug who has no nastiness or drive on the field and has issues off the field. How is he not already an epic failure? On top of already being a failure he'll be exited from football entirely in 3 years

Iamcanadian
02-20-2009, 06:33 AM
Best source for this information is:

http://www.nfl.com/combine "Look under participants"

nepg
02-20-2009, 07:21 AM

Senior Bowl
Height - 6050 Weight 309

Combine
Height - 6044 Weight 309

See, 309 is way different than saying "just over 300" to me...

You an shrink that much depending on time of day.
________
FIND HEADSHOP (http://headshop.net/)

Smokey Joe
02-20-2009, 07:56 AM
lol, half an inch is nothing. The only thing is that 6'5" sounds better.

Dr_X
02-20-2009, 08:22 AM

so isn't the question then... how good can Brian Orakpo really be if he was neutralized by a guy that sucks so bad? there seems to be a disconnect here. why would one guy be a top 15 pick if he couldn't overmatch a late rounder?

Sniper
02-20-2009, 08:32 AM
so isn't the question then... how good can Brian Orakpo really be if he was neutralized by a guy that sucks so bad? there seems to be a disconnect here. why would one guy be a top 15 pick if he couldn't overmatch a late rounder?

Orakpo was mainly neutralized by OSU's playcalling. With such a young QB and facing a very good pass rush, OSU countered with quick strike passing. However, Boone played a good game as well, and Orakpo didn't. Then again, Orakpo dominated Phil Loadholt and Loadholt is ten times the tackle Boone is. Sometimes, you just have a bad game.

Furthermore, Orakpo is also going to test off the charts, which like it or not, is a big part of where you get drafted.

keylime_5
02-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Ohio State gameplanned to stop Orakpo and it worked pretty well. They did a lot of draws to Orakpo's side that kept his quick first step at bay for most of the game. Boone played well too, it's not like he was the first left tackle ever to play well against a superior DE.

As far as Oher, the combine is notorious for pushing the ruler down and squishing it on the players' heads as flat as they can, so their measurements are stingier than at pro days and the senior bowl. Even with that in mind, him being 1/2 and inch shorter at the combine than the senior bowl is no big deal. The man is 6-5/300+. 6-4.5 at the combine is close enough to 6-5...stand him next to someone who measured in at 6-5 even and you can't tell the difference I'd bet.

JFLO
02-20-2009, 09:00 AM
He went sober in '07. He said he thought he could control it so he started drinking again this past year. Obviously, he couldn't. He never lived up to his high school hype and he has a problem, but you clearly have something personal against him that you can't seem to let go of.

Thanks Doctor! I was wondering why I hated him so much...

No, the guy does have a drinking problem, it was worse two years ago than it was today.

I have something personal against him, haha. Yea, it's my fault he's an alcoholic and jumps on top of cars in Cali, then gets tasered. Yea, I forgot about that part.

LonghornsLegend
02-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Orakpo was mainly neutralized by OSU's playcalling. With such a young QB and facing a very good pass rush, OSU countered with quick strike passing. However, Boone played a good game as well, and Orakpo didn't. Then again, Orakpo dominated Phil Loadholt and Loadholt is ten times the tackle Boone is. Sometimes, you just have a bad game.

Furthermore, Orakpo is also going to test off the charts, which like it or not, is a big part of where you get drafted.

Also if you watch that game he was a finger away from 3-4 sacks, it's not like he was blown off the ball or just got lazy, and then again with Pryor back there dropping back and running somewhat neutralizes a pass rush to an extent...I agree about the play-calling, just pre-facing because I keep hearing some people think he was dominated because he didn't fill up the sack column...The very first snap for OSU showed how easily Rak got through his man but they were getting rid of the ball, it was like that all game.

As a matter of fact, just check the video at the 2:03 mark to see how he started the game vs Boone, there were some holds that didn't get called, but he was always in the backfield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZTelDHwUwY

Babylon
02-20-2009, 10:20 AM

I thought both players played well. Orakpo did what he did best, the outside pass rush and Boone did well holding his ground and in the running game. Boone to me is a guard. He sort of reminds me of Kevin Gogan who played for the Washington Huskies and then a long productive career in the NFL. Both guys are the nasty off their rocker a bit types.