PDA

View Full Version : Andre Smith may not work out?

HawkeyeFan
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
He said he'll decide Friday if he'll work out this weekend or not... And I'm sure this has been talked about but I seen no threads for it.

That's rediculous, why would he not work out?

Some of these players boggle my mind.

bitonti
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
andre smith has huge huge bust factors.

Hurricanes25
02-19-2009, 12:50 PM
If he thinks working out will drop his draft stock it would be smart not to.

JRTPlaya21
02-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Oher, Monroe or Jason Smith for Washington now.

Paranoidmoonduck
02-19-2009, 01:12 PM
If his trainers think he'll peak at his pro day and not at the combine, then fine, but I think this is a mistake. He was already losing ground to other offensive tackles. This won't help.

Dark Knight01
02-19-2009, 01:16 PM
I think Andre Smith can be a dominant RT or RG....and he may not best suited as a LT.

If he is drafted as a RT...then I think he will turn out to be solid. If he drafted as a LT, then he may have some problems.

ThePudge
02-19-2009, 01:20 PM
I hope for his sake he works out and he works out well. Perhaps the most dominant player in this entire draft when he is on, but ever since December, I'm really starting to question if he or his agent know what they are doing in this pre-draft process.

nepg
02-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Typical fat Alabama prospect...
________
Tania_Tapia (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Tania_Tapia)

02-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm all for what will get him to drop to #7. :)

Babylon
02-19-2009, 01:39 PM
He's going to stand on his Sugar Bowl numbers.

Menardo75
02-19-2009, 01:51 PM
If this knocks him down to ten then please Andre don't work out :)

jnew76
02-19-2009, 02:07 PM
He's going to stand on his Sugar Bowl numbers.

that post made me almost choke on my sandwich. I wasn't prepared for that

skinzzfan25
02-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Typical fat Alabama prospect...

The last time the Redskins got a fat Alabama prospect, it was Chris Samuels.

I'll take A. Smith at 13. We need youth regardless of the position.

bitonti
02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
all you fans hoping that this player, a junior who doesn't work out, gets suspended before really big games, falls to your favorite team, all i have to say is be careful what you wish for...

katnip
02-19-2009, 03:26 PM
Who was that huge *** OT the Bills took 1st round one year? Bust though. Mike Williams, I think.

RaiderNation
02-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Hes doing this so he can get drafted by Oakland. Cmon guys

Babylon
02-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Hes doing this so he can get drafted by Oakland. Cmon guys

Not that he wont be good value at some point but every move he makes costs himself money. Not too bright if you ask me.

Iamcanadian
02-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Not that he wont be good value at some point but every move he makes costs himself money. Not too bright if you ask me.

It won't cost him a penny if he has an excellent pro day. Some agents seem to prefer pro days for their athletes and some prefer the combine. It really doesn't impact at all on the player since it is usually the agent who calls the shots.

Babylon
02-19-2009, 04:24 PM
It won't cost him a penny if he has an excellent pro day. Some agents seem to prefer pro days for their athletes and some prefer the combine. It really doesn't impact at all on the player since it is usually the agent who calls the shots.

First off we dont know where he'll end up so let's hold off on saying it wont cost him anything.

nepg
02-19-2009, 06:07 PM
The last time the Redskins got a fat Alabama prospect, it was Chris Samuels.

I'll take A. Smith at 13. We need youth regardless of the position.

Samuels wasn't fat, and he still isn't... Seems like Smith is turning out like all the fat turd DTs they've had come out and eat, lazy, and attitude their way out of the first day...
________
LIVE SEX (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

phlysac
02-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Who was that huge *** OT the Bills took 1st round one year? Bust though. Mike Williams, I think.

Yes, Mike Williams from Texas (4th overall pick in 2002). Williams failed at LEFT Tackle, was a good run blocker at RIGHT Tackle but struggled in pass protection. Was moved to Left Guard and became oft-injured. He was cut by the Bills in 2005 and Signed by the Jaguars. He was placed on IR by the Jags without ever playing a down and hasn't played in the NFL since. Andre Smith is somewhat reminiscent physically but still smaller. Williams was 6'6" 360. The question is in footwork... we'll see how Smith does in drills... if he even works out.

Babylon
02-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Yes, Mike Williams. Andre Smith is very reminiscent physically. The question is in footwork... we'll see how Smith does in drills... if he even works out.

Not to stick up for the guy because i dont like the drama but 332 lbs for an OL isnt a big deal.

nepg
02-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Eh...Mike smith was 100% RT... Everyone knew that going in, and it's why it was such a sucky pick for Buffalo to have to make. Both the Bills and Lions were put in crappy situations by the lack of talent in that draft. The Lions didn't seem to actually want Harrington, but they were almost forced to take him. Similar situation for Buffalo.
________
Sh00t_In_Me cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Sh00t_In_Me)

phlysac
02-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Not to stick up for the guy because i dont like the drama but 332 lbs for an OL isnt a big deal.

You could be absolutely right. But the unknown is his athleticism and footwork. The value of a LEFT Tackle in the NFL and RIGHT Tackle differ significantly. That's why his weight may, not is, but may be an issue.

Babylon
02-19-2009, 06:24 PM
You could be absolutely right. But the unknown is his athleticism and footwork. The value of a LEFT Tackle in the NFL and RIGHT Tackle differ significantly. That's why his weight may, not is, but may be an issue.

To me he looks the part of a guard but if he's going to be the next Larry Allen or John Hannah (another Crimson tide guy) i'd take him based on that.

Bengals78
02-19-2009, 07:10 PM
I'm all for what will get him to drop to #7. :)

I doubt he makes it past 6 lol

02-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I doubt he makes it past 6 lol

On the path he's going that could change quickly. We would certainly need some luck on our side for that to happen though.

Solomon
02-19-2009, 10:02 PM
I don't really see what the big problem is. He measured in at a very impressive weight and if he uses the combine to do interviews with the NFL personnel then so be it. Who cares if he runs the 40, or benches 225 lbs or jumps the vertical at the combine. Those things have little relevance for offensive tackles. I'm sure he'll do those at his pro day and evaluators will get a chance to run him through some drills up close to see what he can do in terms of footwork and athleticism. The combine hardly makes or breaks prospects on the O-Line.

phlysac
02-19-2009, 10:20 PM
The combine hardly makes or breaks prospects on the O-Line.

True the Combine will NOT determine what type of player he becomes but try telling Jeff Otah that Combine performance doesn't have a SIGNIFICANT impact on the draft stock of Offensive Linemen.

Bengals78
02-19-2009, 10:43 PM
On the path he's going that could change quickly. We would certainly need some luck on our side for that to happen though.

I would be slightly upset if we pass on him depending on who is available.

Babylon
02-19-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't really see what the big problem is. He measured in at a very impressive weight and if he uses the combine to do interviews with the NFL personnel then so be it. Who cares if he runs the 40, or benches 225 lbs or jumps the vertical at the combine. Those things have little relevance for offensive tackles. I'm sure he'll do those at his pro day and evaluators will get a chance to run him through some drills up close to see what he can do in terms of footwork and athleticism. The combine hardly makes or breaks prospects on the O-Line.

I think on it's own the combine would probably not make or break him but put in the context with his Sugar Bowl absence it's safe to say he needed to come in and rehab himself a bit. Hopefully he will.

metafour
02-20-2009, 02:41 PM

Theres more than just running and jumping. They also do blocking drills and drills that measure mobility, change of direction, reaction etc. which are all VERY important in determining whether or not a guy like Andre Smith who is a questionable LT and may even be a OG at the next level is worth getting drafted high.

PS: It was just confirmed that he wont do ANYTHING at the combine except interviews.

phlysac
02-20-2009, 03:21 PM
PS: It was just confirmed that he wont do ANYTHING at the combine except interviews.

It has also been reported that his "press conference interview" was poor.

Babylon
02-20-2009, 03:25 PM

He's not taking to this whole job interview process very well is he.

metafour
02-20-2009, 03:28 PM

I think he falls. Kid isn't overly bright, questionable work ethic, and he probably isn't a LT on the next level.

Babylon
02-20-2009, 04:17 PM
I think he falls. Kid isn't overly bright, questionable work ethic, and he probably isn't a LT on the next level.

Those are probably some reasons if he does fall, as for the combine it pretty much isnt for the elite players. They can point to their high draft status as reasons for not doing squat down there.

Can't see Smith getting too far down the food chain on draft day. Would be good value for the Niners, Skins, Texans and Eagles of the world so dont expect any huge slide.