PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Harrison?

ChefMike
02-19-2009, 03:46 PM
So the word out of Indy is that Harrison is going to be cut and let go. What would the Eagles fans think of bringing him in to help McNabb and Jackson in the passing game???

eaglesalltheway
02-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Ehh, I'm so-so. I think if he doesn't re-sign with the Colts he may just retire. He really lost a step last year and that concerns me. There are a few good reasons why he'd come here (College with McNabb, lives in Philly, etc.) but I'm not sure if this is really that likely. He isn't really a good fit for the WCO, he isn't much of a YAC guy who will break tackles. In fact, he's known more for protecting his body than YAC.

gameplaya2435
02-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Only if he doesn't shoot anybody

camp_eagles
02-19-2009, 11:30 PM
Ehh, I'm so-so. I think if he doesn't re-sign with the Colts he may just retire. He really lost a step last year and that concerns me. There are a few good reasons why he'd come here (College with McNabb, lives in Philly, etc.) but I'm not sure if this is really that likely. He isn't really a good fit for the WCO, he isn't much of a YAC guy who will break tackles. In fact, he's known more for protecting his body than YAC.

on this team I'm more concerned with the receiver catching the ball, breaking tackles and getting YAC is a bonus.

ChefMike
02-20-2009, 07:12 AM
on this team I'm more concerned with the receiver catching the ball, breaking tackles and getting YAC is a bonus.

I would agree which is really why I thought of him as a good fit here.

All the other stuff also gave to my thought he would want to come here, but his ability to create YAC is the main reason. With Jackson who can stretch the field and Westbrook as a release valve out of the backfield a guy like Marvin might not be a bad fit for a 2 year incentive laden contract. Give him the minimum for a Vet and LOAD up the incentives like crazy and see what he can do.

cunningham06
02-21-2009, 06:24 PM
I would agree which is really why I thought of him as a good fit here.

All the other stuff also gave to my thought he would want to come here, but his ability to create YAC is the main reason. With Jackson who can stretch the field and Westbrook as a release valve out of the backfield a guy like Marvin might not be a bad fit for a 2 year incentive laden contract. Give him the minimum for a Vet and LOAD up the incentives like crazy and see what he can do.

Although Avant really started to emerge in the playoffs as a go to guy to make the catch and move the chains. He doesn't offer much in terms of YAC either, but at this point in his career Marvin Harrison isn't worth the price tag if Avant is developing as I expect.

eaglesalltheway
02-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Although Avant really started to emerge in the playoffs as a go to guy to make the catch and move the chains. He doesn't offer much in terms of YAC either, but at this point in his career Marvin Harrison isn't worth the price tag if Avant is developing as I expect.

Agreed, Harrison wouldn' be a major upgrade over the corp we have. We really only need a WR if they are going to be a #1 threat, we have enough 2s, 3s, and 4s, and another won't improve our WR situation at this time.