PDA

View Full Version : The All-Career Injury in recent times Team

Burger
02-20-2009, 03:07 AM
This is a team who guys were looked like Great Players, but got fatally unlucky and had career ending injuries.

If you have someone to add, post below.

Qb
1) Bert Jones

HB
1) Terrell Davis
2) Bo Jackson

FB
1) Mike Alstott

WR
1) Sterling Sharpe
2) Daryl Stingley
3) Javon Walker

TE ) Kevin Everett

LT)
LG) Benji Olson
C )
RG)
RT)

LE) Dennis Byrd
RE)
DT) Jerome Brown

LOLB) Derrick Thomas
MLB) Chris Spielman
MLB) John Offerdahl or Al Wilson
ROLB) David Pollack

CB)
FS)
SS) Charlie Waters
CB)

I want to see if there is enough guys

MetSox17
02-20-2009, 09:00 AM
David Pollack.

Wait, i don't know if he was destined for greatness, but he sure got shafted by neck injuries.

cdub11
02-20-2009, 09:21 AM
All injuries or neck injuries only?

bored of education
02-20-2009, 09:27 AM
:/ this is the most moronic thread. I really hate the offseason here. Seriously I will make a team who had turf toe inuries end their careers. Actually I want them team who retired because of old age and no team wanting them anymore with some guys who retired on their own terms.

themaninblack
02-20-2009, 01:29 PM
David Pollack.

Wait, i don't know if he was destined for greatness, but he sure got shafted by neck injuries.

He was really starting to come into his own but its hard to say whether or not he was gonna be great.

BmoreBlackByrdz
02-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Dan Cody maybe?

Vox Populi
02-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Kevin Everett wasn't ever that great, but I guess he fits. His story is a pretty good one.

PACKmanN
02-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Steve Young
Bo Jackson
Daryl Stingley
Johnny Holland
Tim Lewis
Mark D'Onofrio

nepg
02-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Andy Katzenmoyer
________
Cheap condo pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

fenikz
02-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Willis McGahee

ohh neck injuries, idk

scottyboy
02-20-2009, 03:01 PM
just neck injuries? that's stupid.

if normal injuries, than easily Lavar Arrington

Hurricanes25
02-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Dan Cody maybe?

Whatever happened to him. I remember him from his days as a Sooner.

phlysac
02-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Using just neck injuries is very tough but I decided to use bad taste and make a team of players that were either great or had promise and had their careers ended because of neck injuries.

QB - Rich Gannon / Bert Jones
RB - Priest Holmes
FB - Mike Alstott / Mack Strong
WR - Sterling Sharpe
WR - Darryl Stingley (RIP)
OT - Chris McIntosh
OG - Mike Utley
C - Chris Dalman
OG - Benji Olsen
OT - Kirk Scrafford

DE - Dennis Byrd
NT - Dave Pear
DE - Junior Bryant
OLB - Derrick Thomas (RIP)
ILB - Chris Spielman
ILB - Al Wilson
OLB - David Pollack
CB - Ahmed Plummer / Jerry Azumah
CB - Derrick Burroughs
S - Jeff Fuller
S - Charlie Waters

niel89
02-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Whatever happened to him. I remember him from his days as a Sooner.

he had a season ending injury every damn year. it sucks because he was talented but never could last till game time

jth1331
02-20-2009, 06:41 PM
If counting any injury, then Terrell Davis

Burger
02-20-2009, 08:06 PM
I should of made it any injury.

A Perfect Score
02-20-2009, 08:19 PM
I should of made it any injury.

or just not made this stupid thread at all...:/

russie
02-20-2009, 10:16 PM
or just not made this stupid thread at all...:/

this coming from someone who made a thread about how awesome a movie Blades of Glory was, or a thread about some game where you guess women's bra sizes?

Burger
02-20-2009, 11:37 PM
I forgot about Jerome Brown, a man who died in the middle of his career at 27

RaiderNation
02-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Javon Walker?

Burger
02-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Javon Walker?

He was good when he was with the Packers, he shouldnt of left Green Bay.

XxXdragonXxX
02-21-2009, 03:27 AM
Kenny Easley.

Would have been a first ballot hall of famer if his career wasnt cut short.

boknows34
02-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Reggie Brown - LB - Detroit.

The 17th pick of the 1996 draft Brown was developing into a very promising linebacker when he suffered a spinal cord contusion while assisting on a tackle of New York Jets halfback Adrian Murrell in the closing game of 1997, the 32nd and final game of his career. He lay motionless for 17 minutes, briefly losing consciousness. CPR saved his life, and emergency surgery may have saved him from life in a wheelchair. Brown's injury is often forgotten about as it happened in the same game Barry Sanders went over 2,000 yds.

* A few under tragic circumstances rather than injury.

Erik Andolsek was a starting guard for the Lions when he was killed in a freak accident at the age of 25. During the off-season, he was working in the yard of his home when he was struck and killed by a semi-trailer truck which ran off the highway in front of his house.

Andolsek's name will forever be linked to other NFL tragedies. In 1989, Andolsek's LSU offensive line teammate, Ralph Norwood, was killed in an automobile accident during his rookie season with the Atlanta Falcons. During the 1991 season, Detroit Lions offensive line teammate Mike Utley was paralyzed during a football game. Two days after Andolsek's death, Philadelphia Eagles All-Pro defensive tackle Jerome Brown was killed in an automobile accident.

Joe Delaney was a RB for the Chiefs who rushed for over 1,000 yds as a rookie in 1981. Delaney drowned two years later trying to save three children from a pond. Only one of the kids survived.

President Ronald Reagan honored Delaney with the Presidential Citizens Medal and it was presented to Delaney's family by Vice President George H.W. Bush. Reagan's words were: "He made the ultimate sacrifice by placing the lives of three children above regard for his own safety. By the supreme example of courage and compassion, this brilliantly gifted young man left a spiritual legacy for his fellow Americans."

Malaka
02-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Dan Morgan was pretty good but unfortunately was injure 24/7 and he had to retire pretty early, retiring last year at I believe 28 years old. He had like 20 tackles in the Panthers vs Patriots super bowl.

steelersfan43
02-21-2009, 08:15 PM
How about terrence kiel, the chargers safety that died in july 08 in a car crash.. Its ridiculous how anytime the redskins are mentioned on espn you hear the name sean taylor but terrence kiel died and it wasnt even on espn at all.

CJSchneider
02-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Someone already said Sean Taylor.

Have you all forgotten about Pat Tillman?

Joe Delaney has to be on there. I attended Northwestern State University, where he is still regarded as a hero for what he did. I currently live 15 minutes from where his funeral was held.

phlysac
02-21-2009, 08:48 PM
If you're considering any injuries now, Lions RB Billy Sims has to be included.

locseti
02-22-2009, 03:44 AM
Lavar Arrignton for sure.

Addict
02-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Someone already said Sean Taylor.

Have you all forgotten about Pat Tillman?

Joe Delaney has to be on there. I attended Northwestern State University, where he is still regarded as a hero for what he did. I currently live 15 minutes from where his funeral was held.

with all due respect, he died whhilst in the Army at war...

Marquise Hill?

boknows34
02-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Korey Stringer is another who sadly passed away while an active player.