PDA

View Full Version : Terrance Taylor - DT - Michigan

killxswitch
02-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I didn't go out of my way to watch any Michigan games this year. I would look at him as a rotational NT prospect for the Colts' 4-3 in maybe the 5th round, is this at all realistic? Can someone with experience watching him play give a quick rundown on him?

Chio151
02-20-2009, 10:36 AM
He'll probably end up in the third due to the lack of nose tackles.

Black Bolt
02-20-2009, 10:39 AM
I didn't go out of my way to watch any Michigan games this year. I would look at him as a rotational NT prospect for the Colts' 4-3 in maybe the 5th round, is this at all realistic? Can someone with experience watching him play give a quick rundown on him?

but I think he goes in the last 3rd early 4th.

ShoeLB50
02-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Ive watched him play at Michigan over the last 4 years so I think I can help. Hes a shorter stout DT prospect about 6' 310. Strong guy, was a great wrestler coming out of HS and rarely gets pushed out of the play. Has decent quickness but no real arsenal of pass rush moves. Doesnt really collapse the pocket or get to the quarterback much. Wouldnt be a bad fit tho in the Tampa 2, would def help the run defense and still has some upside in the pass rush department. Didnt seem to progress much under Rich Rod, I thought he would be more of a force in the pass game earlier in his career but never really put it together. Is def underrated for where he will probably go in the draft, I think hes a legit 3rd round pick.

killxswitch
02-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Lol 3rd rounder. Shows how much I know about him. Thanks for the info fellas.

Menardo75
02-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Just don't ask Sniper about him.

ironman4579
02-20-2009, 08:14 PM
3rd-4th round is pretty high after a bad senior season and a poor showing at the shrine bowl. 5th is likely his ceiling right now. If a team can get his desire for the game back and work on his work ethic, he could be a steal in that range as a run stuffing NT. If not, he likely wouldn't even be worth a 5th round selection.

Geo
02-20-2009, 08:34 PM
I paid a lot of attention to Taylor this past year, to see if he would be good for the Colts, and unfortunately I came away very disappointed. I don't discount that Michigan was a complete mess, and there's rumors it was so behind the scenes as well, but Taylor was terrible. Which bummed me out, because I wanted him to be great and join/help for the Colts.