PDA

View Full Version : Is there a chance that Eben Britton....

Black Bolt
02-20-2009, 11:51 AM
could wind up being drafted ahead of Andre Smith? Monroe, Britton, J. Smith and M. Oher are all pure OTs whereas A. Smith is at best a RT and perhaps even a top level OG.

bitonti
02-20-2009, 11:55 AM
his arms are short... so no. william beatty could go before eben britton tho

Black Bolt
02-20-2009, 11:57 AM
his arms are short... so no. william beatty could go before eben britton tho

Smith's from my understanding. Suppose Smith doesn't work out well or just doesn't work out and Britton tears up the combine?

Iamcanadian
02-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Suppose, suppose, suppose. Utterly ridiculous. Anything can happen if you suppose, is it likely to happen, no and that is all that matters.
Smith hasn't worked out yet but I suspect, when he does, all talk of him not being able to play LT will disappear and he'll likely return to the top of the OT's list. This is far more likely than thinking Britton will go ahead of him since Britton himself is a very suspect LT prospect and far more likely to be a RT at the next level. That is why Britton is below these guys in the 1st place.
Nevertheless, the combine will decide all their fates not supposition.

bored of education
02-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Suppose Alex Boone shows up sober and run a 4.7 40, goes to Church with Tony Dungy, then benches 56 reps where will he be drafted!??!

1st round?

Sniper
02-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Suppose Alex Boone shows up sober and run a 4.7 40, goes to Church with Tony Dungy, then benches 56 reps where will he be drafted!??!

1st round?

1st overall.

Cicero
02-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I've talked to a few people from Arizona, and they are conviced he's nothing more than a ZBS right tackle. No way he goes before Smith.

Black Bolt
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Suppose, suppose, suppose. Utterly ridiculous. Anything can happen if you suppose, is it likely to happen, no and that is all that matters.
Smith hasn't worked out yet but I suspect, when he does, all talk of him not being able to play LT will disappear and he'll likely return to the top of the OT's list. This is far more likely than thinking Britton will go ahead of him since Britton himself is a very suspect LT prospect and far more likely to be a RT at the next level. That is why Britton is below these guys in the 1st place.

Um, where was Shawn Andrews projected at this time the year he came out? HE said he was undecided about working out, not me. I don't know where you are coming from with your demonstrative response. All I did was ask a legit question.

nepg
02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Ya, Andre's situation is almost identical to Andrews' except there were only two linemen worthy of the first round in that draft...
________
HOW OFTEN TO CHARGE IOLITE PORTABLE VAPORIZER (http://vaporshop.com/)

Menardo75
02-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Is there a chance that someday Frogs will magically sprout wings, so that they don't bump their ass when they hop?

Sniper
02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Is there a chance that someday Frogs will magically sprout wings, so that they don't bump their ass when they hop?

About as much chance as Nick Sheridan has of turning into Tom Brady.

Cocelesti
02-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Eben is a very talented and tough player who is actually one of my personal favorites for this year's draft. But he will not be taking before those in my world. He may develop into something great with time, also he already has some experince on several position at the line.

The other guys holds just a bigger talent than Eben right now.

Babylon
02-20-2009, 03:07 PM
could wind up being drafted ahead of Andre Smith? Monroe, Britton, J. Smith and M. Oher are all pure OTs whereas A. Smith is at best a RT and perhaps even a top level OG.

I've caught about 5 Zona games this year and really came away impressed with this guy, he's already measured well and we'll see what kind of quickness and strength he has before passing judgement.

As for going before Smith i would say no but he could leapfrog Oher depending on his final grade. Britton i think will be a pro bowl player at some point and i dont see any reason why it wont be as a LT either.

Menardo75
02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
About as much chance as Nick Sheridan has of turning into Tom Brady.

Yeah sounds about right.

wogitalia
02-20-2009, 07:55 PM
What is with the sudden hating of Smith? The guy is one of the best prospects in the draft and now all of a sudden people are talking like he is a 2nd round guy. In many ways he reminds me of Jake Long from last year, played LT ridiculously well in college but because people cant find a legit negative on him everyone starts questioning if he can play LT at the next level or if he is more of a RT or G.

Mark my words, Andre Smith will be a legit LT in the NFL and imo is the rookie tackle that is most likely to play in the pro bowl this year. If he isn't the first LT taken, the team that gets him should be all smiles. Even if he is, the team should smile.

Black Bolt
02-21-2009, 11:46 AM

In case you missed it, Andre Smith just opted out of working out at the Senior Bowl and admitted he was out of shape. And you said my question was "ridiculous." Thanks for your time.

RaiderNation
02-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Andre Smith is still going to be the 2nd OT taken off the board even after this weekend IMO. Britton is still a late 1st rounder.

RaiderNation
02-21-2009, 12:50 PM
In case you missed it, Andre Smith just opted out of working out at the Senior Bowl and admitted he was out of shape. And you said my question was "ridiculous." Thanks for your time.

Andre Smith couldnt work out at the senior bowl.... he was a JR when he declared

keylime_5
02-21-2009, 12:52 PM
The top 4 OTs are cleary Smith, Smith, Monroe, and Oher in some order. Britton and Beatty are fighting for that #5 spot right now.

Cicero
02-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Andre Smith couldnt work out at the senior bowl.... he was a JR when he declared

He meant combine.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 12:58 PM
The top 4 OTs are cleary Smith, Smith, Monroe, and Oher in some order. Britton and Beatty are fighting for that #5 spot right now.

Oher has done nothing to guarantee anything. Not a great bench and slow 40 time. Britton and Beatty with good 40s for lineman, they have to be in the mix.

Big_Pete
02-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Oher has done nothing to guarantee anything. Not a great bench and slow 40 time. Britton and Beatty with good 40s for lineman, they have to be in the mix.

I agree

I think the one thing that has been proven in the combine is that Eugene Monroe and Jason Smith

Andre Smith, Michael Oher, Eben Britton and perhaps William Beatty are in the next tier

SchizophrenicBatman
02-21-2009, 05:18 PM
I think we can throw 40 times out for OL prospects. Jeff Otah ran like a 5.4 last year and dominated when he played (granted, at RT)

keylime_5
02-21-2009, 05:22 PM
I agree

I think the one thing that has been proven in the combine is that Eugene Monroe and Jason Smith

Andre Smith, Michael Oher, Eben Britton and perhaps William Beatty are in the next tier

Andre Smith is probably the best OT prospect of the group but he might not be but the 3rd one drafted because of attitude concerns, weight, etc. But based on potential and physical skills and play Andre Smith would be the top tackle drafted. Unfortunately for him that might not happen now, but it's quite absurd to believe he is not in the top tier. I seriously seriously seriously doubt he makes it past San Fran at #10.

J.Smith and Monroe appear to have 2 of the top 3 tackle spots clinched, but based on athleticism and potential I don't see Beatty and Britton overtaking Oher in the top 4. The gap between the top 4 OTs and the 5th is larger than you think.

Iamcanadian
02-21-2009, 10:50 PM
I've caught about 5 Zona games this year and really came away impressed with this guy, he's already measured well and we'll see what kind of quickness and strength he has before passing judgement.

As for going before Smith i would say no but he could leapfrog Oher depending on his final grade. Britton i think will be a pro bowl player at some point and i dont see any reason why it wont be as a LT either.

He's not going to be a LT. He's a classic RT. A mauler with enough athletic ability to play tackle rather than OG but no where near the feet needed for a LT.