PDA

View Full Version : Love this RB Class

gpngc
02-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Fantasy footballers get excited... rookie RBs are going to make a huge difference in your league again this year.

Mayock has Donald Brown (everyone knows I love him) as his #2 RB over Chris Wells and LeSean McCoy. Annoys me that now I can't claim to be the only person touting Brown as a first-round talent. You can argue against the ranking but ranking RBs is really preference IMO.

Note about Brown: He is going to open a soup kitchen when he gets his first contract.

Also just watched the Knowshon Moreno press conference. Seems like a solid young guy and he's getting slept on hard. Top ten talent IMO.

McCoy running the forty with the flu is impressive (and will be even more impressive if it's a great time- which we all think it will be).

Devin Moore holding his own combine and putting up some nice #s definitely helped him.

The senior bowl helped guys like Jeremiah Johnson and Andre Brown.

Then there's a guy like Javon Ringer who was about as productive as you can be.

I didn't realize how solid this class really was until now, and I really hope the Seahawks take advantage and grab a good back (after Crab of course!)

Here are my personal rankings:

01. Knowshon Moreno, Georgia
02. Chris Wells, Ohio State
03. LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh
04. Donald Brown, Connecticut
05. Shonn Greene, Iowa
06. Mike Goodson, Texas A&M
07. Javon Ringer, Michigan State
08. Rashad Jennings, Liberty
09. Andre Brown, NC State
10. Jeremiah Johnson, Oregon
11. Glen Coffee, Alabama
12. Devin Moore, Wyoming
13. James Davis, Clemson
14. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin
15. Arian Foster, Tennessee
16. Kory Sheets, Purdue
17. Javarris Williams, Tennessee State
18. Cedric Peerman, Virginia
19. Marlon Lucky, Nebraska
20. Aaron Brown, TCU

jj45
02-20-2009, 02:30 PM
No love for ian johnson

SilverBullet
02-20-2009, 02:33 PM
No love for ian johnson

I've seen him. He is not an NFL back.

nepg
02-20-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm not buying this snake oil, sir.
________
Sunset Boulevard Residence 2 (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Sniper
02-20-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm not buying this snake oil, sir.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc195/dataathu/richrodwizard.jpg

SNAKE OIL! GET YOUR HOT, FRESH SNAKE OIL!

Javon Ringer was about as productive as you can be? Um, alrighty then. He wasn't even the most productive RB in the conference, but whatever.

Menardo75
02-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Fantasy footballers get excited... rookie RBs are going to make a huge difference in your league again this year.

Mayock has Donald Brown (everyone knows I love him) as his #2 RB over Chris Wells and LeSean McCoy. Annoys me that now I can't claim to be the only person touting Brown as a first-round talent. You can argue against the ranking but ranking RBs is really preference IMO.

Note about Brown: He is going to open a soup kitchen when he gets his first contract.

Also just watched the Knowshon Moreno press conference. Seems like a solid young guy and he's getting slept on hard. Top ten talent IMO.

McCoy running the forty with the flu is impressive (and will be even more impressive if it's a great time- which we all think it will be).

Devin Moore holding his own combine and putting up some nice #s definitely helped him.

The senior bowl helped guys like Jeremiah Johnson and Andre Brown.

Then there's a guy like Javon Ringer who was about as productive as you can be.

I didn't realize how solid this class really was until now, and I really hope the Seahawks take advantage and grab a good back (after Crab of course!)

Here are my personal rankings:

05. Shonn Greene, Iowa
09. Andre Brown, NC State
11. Glen Coffee, Alabama
12. Devin Moore, Wyoming
13. James Davis, Clemson
14. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin
16. Kory Sheets, Purdue
20. Aaron Brown, TCU

Mayock really loves to slap the top runningbacks in the face every year doesn't he.

gpngc
02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
SNAKE OIL! GET YOUR HOT, FRESH SNAKE OIL!

Javon Ringer was about as productive as you can be? Um, alrighty then. He wasn't even the most productive RB in the conference, but whatever.

I meant over the course of his career. He was pretty productive in his four years at MSU.

How is me saying I love this RB class snake oil?

Sniper
02-20-2009, 02:56 PM
I meant over the course of his career. He was pretty productive in his four years at MSU.

Meh, he's no Mike Hart, but he's aiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

princefielder28
02-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Donald Brown has a chance to be this year's Matt Forte; a 2nd round selection that takes the bulk of the team's carries and is the heart and soul of the offense. Everyone knows that Brown can handle a high workload, but he also has some of the better hands, compared to any other back in this draft.

Is he the #2 RB, though? Probabaly not but he will make an instant difference maker in the NFL.

Twinkle Toes
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
This years' RB class is NOT anywhere near last years. Here's how I see it:

Legitimate mid to low 1st round picks:
1.Moreno -Does everything well -all the time - 3 down back -maybe 10 #s light - no negatives to his game. Edit: was expected at 207-8; weighed in at 217.
2.McCoy - Big playmaker - is a liability in pass blocking Edit: thought to weigh about the same as Moreno - weighed in at 197
Bubble boys: D. Brown/ Wells - tie (yea, i know Wells will go off the board in the 1st well before Brown who may drop to the 2nd)
Brown - This year's Matt Forte. Does everything well - nothing outstanding. Edit: 5'10 1/4" 210#Wells - Size/speed ratio is a cross between Bo Jackson and ADP. Lacks intensity all the time - hasn't shown that he's a Westbrook/Portis type 'gamer' Edit: 6'1" 235#
who will play if he can WALK. Is a 2 down back - a liability in pass protection and hasn't proven himself as a pass catcher.
2nd/3rd round - Greene. Great nimble feet for a big man. Has deceptive speed and can push for extra yards. Also only a 2 down back- not quite there as a pass protector/pass catcher.

So in my mind there are 5 quality backs and 2 of them are 2 down backs at this stage. After that, folks - I'm seeing 4th round and lower for the rest, with the next best back possibly being Colo State's Gartrell Johnson.

The WR class is definitely stronger and deeper than the RBs IMO

JLaw45
02-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Gartrell Johnson is a guy I haven't heard a lot about. Not particularly quick but I think he'll add value somewhere as a power back or maybe a fullback.

thenewfeature06
02-20-2009, 04:41 PM
Donald Brown has a chance to be this year's Matt Forte; a 2nd round selection that takes the bulk of the team's carries and is the heart and soul of the offense. Everyone knows that Brown can handle a high workload, but he also has some of the better hands, compared to any other back in this draft.

Is he the #2 RB, though? Probabaly not but he will make an instant difference maker in the NFL.

Knowshon defintely has better hands IMO

Borat
02-20-2009, 04:58 PM

Donald Brown, the Soup Nazi

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/photopost/data/615/medium/20459soups_nazi22.jpg

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
02-20-2009, 05:01 PM
fun fact!

Knowshon and Donald played on the same pop warner team.

Falcon_from_E_Oakland
02-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Legitimate mid to low 1st round picks:
1.Moreno -Does everything well -all the time - 3 down back -maybe 10 #s light - no negatives to his game. Edit: was expected at 207-8; weighed in at 217.
2.McCoy - Big playmaker - is a liability in pass blocking Edit: thought to weigh about the same as Moreno - weighed in at 197

always thought it was funny people called Knowshon a small back...

FrankGore
02-20-2009, 05:05 PM
I think this is a deeper, more well-rounded crop than normal, but not as strong at the top. I think you will find viable NFL contributors through the mid-rounds...personally I want my team to get a bigger guy like Rashad Jennings or Andre Brown in the 3rd-4th rounds, I'd be very happy to add a guy like that.

Twinkle Toes
02-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Word has it that Moreno has been focusing heavily on weight training. Looks like it has been paying off. We'll see what the extra weight will do to his 40 time..
My guess.......not much. I think he strongly solidified his position as the top RB in the draft.

McCoy has been battling the flu and it may have affected his weigh-on (OR maybe he just didn't wekgh as much as advertized to begin with. One of the doubts about McCoy was his preference to break lots of runs to the outside. This can't help perception that he might not be a 'bell-cow' RB. Bad time to get the flu, though.

Twinkle Toes
02-20-2009, 05:17 PM
I think this is a deeper, more well-rounded crop than normal, but not as strong at the top. I think you will find viable NFL contributors through the mid-rounds...personally I want my team to get a bigger guy like Rashad Jennings or Andre Brown in the 3rd-4th rounds, I'd be very happy to add a guy like that.

I think there is a very significant drop-off after Shon Greene. At the late 3rd round to early 5th I think there is a bunch of backs who are tightly grouped including the two you mentioned. When you are looking at that 'tier' you are looking at guys who have more flaws in their game/or have some 'emotional' issues, and projecting their present game to the next level becomes much more of a 'crapshoot'.

SilverBullet
02-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Wells - Size/speed ratio is a cross between Bo Jackson and ADP. Lacks intensity all the time - hasn't shown that he's a Westbrook/Portis type 'gamer'
who will play if he can WALK.

He played the entire '07 season through pain. His toughness was in question early that year but the way he played through it showed me he isn't a prima donna.

Texas Homer
02-20-2009, 05:52 PM
I would like it if the Texans picked up RB Andre Brown from NC State or RB Cedric Peerman.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
02-20-2009, 06:27 PM
If you pair McCoy with a bigger back and limit his carries to no more than 20 a game, I think he'll be a difference maker.

Flu my a@@!!

McCoy has never weighed 200 pounds in his life. The upside is he's capable of running in the 4.3 range. H
He's roughly the same size as Marshall Faulk and could have a similar impact in the pros if he can catch the football.

Sniper
02-20-2009, 07:06 PM
a liability in pass protection

Since when? I've watched my fair share of OSU games (keep tabs on the enemy) and Wells, while not Clinton Portis in pass pro, isn't a sieve either.

Twinkle Toes
02-20-2009, 08:24 PM

Gott disagree here. I see a 'lot of averageness' after the top 5.

scottyboy
02-20-2009, 08:28 PM
it's a pretty good class, but will be looked over a bit because of how awesome this previous class was.

art vandelay
02-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Moreno and Andre Brown will be the best RB's to come out of this class. Bernard Scott could be a huge surprise if he gets his head on straight.

SKim172
02-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Obviously, last season's class outshines this one. However, I still consider the RB class to be weak. While the talent at the top is solid, the rest of the class just seems so meh. I tend to think of draft classes in terms of depth overall and this year doesn't do much for me.

No doubt there'll be some guys who emerge - Andre Brown, Bernard Scott, etc - but in terms of prospects, it just looks so thin.

Twinkle Toes
02-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Obviously, last season's class outshines this one. However, I still consider the RB class to be weak. While the talent at the top is solid, the rest of the class just seems so meh. I tend to think of draft classes in terms of depth overall and this year doesn't do much for me.

No doubt there'll be some guys who emerge - Andre Brown, Bernard Scott, etc - but in terms of prospects, it just looks so thin.

I find someone who agrees with me at least - but I wouldn't bet on either A Brown or Scott as the ones to emerge. It could be ANY of about 6 backs that I still maintan are very closely grouped aroug round 4-5. I see deficiencies in both of these guys (as well as the others).

Frankly though, as a runner, Bernard Scott (who I've studied quite a bit) really does have the most upside IMO. He could have been (potentially) a 1st round talent. But I really think, despite the last 2 years at Abilene Christian, unless he's under - and continues - both psychiatric treatment AND psychological counseling [I'm virtually sure he is both severely ADHD and has either ODD (oppositional defiant disorder) or some other conduct disorder], his career in the NFL will mirror his life so far.

Cicero
02-21-2009, 12:17 AM
If we are taking a back, I'll take Rashad Jennings in the third.

SenorGato
02-21-2009, 12:46 AM
RB's and DB's...this draft is full of them.

Decent DL class too. OL has alot of sleepers and talented fallers like Canfield and Fulton.

Iamcanadian
02-21-2009, 11:21 PM
05. Shonn Greene, Iowa
09. Andre Brown, NC State ---#6
11. Glen Coffee, Alabama
12. Devin Moore, Wyoming
13. James Davis, Clemson ---#7
14. P.J. Hill, Wisconsin
16. Kory Sheets, Purdue ---#8
20. Aaron Brown, TCU

I'd may a few minor changes putting Brown, Davis and Sheets up higher at #6, #7, and #8. Not sure yet where Johnson and Coffee fit in but Devin Moore is way too small for my liking.

Wohlford
02-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Some talent here to be sure, but the class, as a whole, is very slow: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2009combine/2009-running-backs-nfl-combine-results.html

toonsterwu
02-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Ouch ... looked at the official times on the RB's 40's. As a UVA fan, I've always been somewhat partial to Cedric Peerman, but even I couldn't have imagined that he'd have the top 40 time for RB's so far.

Granted, 40 times are overrated, so I'm waiting to see what the official times on the other events are. Each year, there are always productive backs. On the whole, I'm slowly leaning towards Lesean McCoy as the top back this year, but I do not like the values on the draft this year at most positions, and this includes RB. I mean, I'm leaning towards McCoy as the top back, and yet, I don't think his value is much different from, say, Clinton Portis when Portis came out. I expect a healthy crop of productive backs in some fashion, but the draft value is quite eh.

I mean ... a lot of people bumped up Beanie Wells in the last few days on the expectations of a top time. 4.59 ... while 40 times are overrated, and while he is a big back, this will hurt his value. This makes him more Steven Jackson (I think he was a 4.55 when he came out) than it does some extraordinary talent.

Cicero
02-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Ouch ... looked at the official times on the RB's 40's. As a UVA fan, I've always been somewhat partial to Cedric Peerman, but even I couldn't have imagined that he'd have the top 40 time for RB's so far.

Granted, 40 times are overrated, so I'm waiting to see what the official times on the other events are. Each year, there are always productive backs. On the whole, I'm slowly leaning towards Lesean McCoy as the top back this year, but I do not like the values on the draft this year at most positions, and this includes RB. I mean, I'm leaning towards McCoy as the top back, and yet, I don't think his value is much different from, say, Clinton Portis when Portis came out. I expect a healthy crop of productive backs in some fashion, but the draft value is quite eh.

I mean ... a lot of people bumped up Beanie Wells in the last few days on the expectations of a top time. 4.59 ... while 40 times are overrated, and while he is a big back, this will hurt his value. This makes him more Steven Jackson (I think he was a 4.55 when he came out) than it does some extraordinary talent.
Steven Jackson is one of the top 5 RBs in the NFL when healthy. I think he will definitely improve his time on pro day though.

katnip
02-22-2009, 03:51 PM
CJ Spiller would have made this years class good I think (maybe as good as last years). He could make a Chris Johnson and/or Steve Slaton type impact given the right team. Everyone knew, or at least I knew Titan's O-Line was good when they crushed the Jags D on the ground in 2007's regular season. Steve Slaton... I was suprised he got as many yards in his number of carries.

toonsterwu
02-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Steven Jackson is one of the top 5 RBs in the NFL when healthy. I think he will definitely improve his time on pro day though.

I'm not saying Beanie Wells won't be a good back. Only time will tell. Just commenting on value.

katnip
02-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Oh yea. Mike Goodson's official 40 time... Any1 think it will hurt his draft stock? Ran in the 4.5x range I think I read.

toonsterwu
02-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Oh yea. Mike Goodson's official 40 time... Any1 think it will hurt his draft stock? Ran in the 4.5x range I think I read.

I'm not sure, I think he's pegged in the 3rd/4th area and as long as his short area times turn out well, I think he'll still have a shot to come off in that range. That said, a good time might've locked him in, so in that respect, he's probably hurt a tiny bit.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
02-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Don't forget the difference between game speed and timed speed.

What a 40 yard dash really measures his how quickly it takes you to reach top speed. Once the ball is snapped, Beanie Wells is moving, cuts and goes.

I've never seen Wells play in a football game and come away thinking that dude is slow. Matter of fact, I'm left with just the opposite impression.

His stiff arm is friggin obscene, I've never seen him caught by a LB and he has the speed to outrun most safeties in game situations.

He'll most likely still be a late 1st rounder, early second, one of the top two or three backs selected.

Sportsfan486
02-22-2009, 04:03 PM
What's that, Moreno? You'd like me to say goodbye to the first round for you? Will do!

toonsterwu
02-22-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm not disagreeing with any of that, but in the last week, you had a lot of people come out saying Wells might run a 4.4, and perhaps 4.3, time. There were those ridiculous Bo Jackson comparisons. If he had popped a huge time, he would've jumped up and forced a team's hand earlier.

LonghornsLegend
02-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Rashad Jennings has to be improving his stock, I think he can be the best back out of this class in a few years and I expect him to contribute early...He ran a 4.49 un officially and pressed 29 reps on the bench...He's also got very quick feet and great vision, I like him #1 at this point...Wells looked sluggish and Moreno ran pretty slow.

gdur52
02-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Donald Brown has the best workout of any RB. Listed a top performer in:

40-yard dash | Vertical jump | Broad jump | 3-cone drill | 20-yard shuttle | 60-yard shuttle

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/donald-brown?id=79543

Not too shabby. He had great production, and now excellent workout numbers.

ToldLikeItIs
02-22-2009, 05:26 PM
5'11 227
37 Vert
10'1 Broad..

I'll take it. I expected low 4.5, but I obvioulsy don't know speed.

fenikz
02-22-2009, 05:44 PM
this RB class is terrible imo, i wouldn't take any of these guys until the 2nd

thetedginnshow
02-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Looks like there could be something around at least eight serviceable backs out of this class. Real impressive.

I was also surprised with Beanie's time. He seemed to be running faster than that. I feel like he's been spending time in football-specific spheres rather than combine-specific, because while his natural athleticism is evident, it doesn't seem like he's had a lot of practice at any of these drills/tests.

thenewfeature06
02-22-2009, 05:50 PM
this RB class is terrible imo, i wouldn't take any of these guys until the 2nd

lmao please explain

PACKmanN
02-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Could this year's running back class drop into the second round like the wide out class of last year?

Sportsfan486
02-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Could this year's running back class drop into the second round like the wide out class of last year?

Wells is probably a lock for the first round; Cardinals as the worst case.

hockey619
02-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I know someone mentioned this a bit but i thought id expand and ask everyone. With both Moreno and Wells running a slower than expected, is the door open for McCoy to take the reins as the best RB prospect this year with a good pro day?

McCoy can catch and is a good runner. I think there is a possibility that he moves up big if he can regain whatever weight he lost from the flu and be good to go on pro day.

thenewfeature06
02-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Moreno hasn't ran yet

Shane P. Hallam
02-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Moreno hasn't ran yet

Yes he did, he ran today and ended up with a 4.6

fenikz
02-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Wells is probably a lock for the first round; Cardinals as the worst case.

Hightower and Wells are the same back we would take a OG/C and a DE over him

Sportsfan486
02-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Hightower and Wells are the same back we would take a OG/C and a DE over him

Except Wells is about 20x the prospect and Hightower averaged less then 3 YPC when he started last year? ...

kf213003
02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Just watch people....Beanie is gonna make a damn fool of most of you next year and in the coming future when he is dominating the league. Can't believe how many people buy into this Todd Mcshay BS about Beanie. If you have seen all of his games and you don't think he is the best back in the nation then you just can't evaluate talent.

I CANT WAIT!!!!! Oooooh I just cant wait to see him blow up! He's the only running back that I know is a sure thing.

fenikz
02-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Except Wells is about 20x the prospect and Hightower averaged less then 3 YPC when he started last year? ...

also taken in the 6th round, i said I would take him in the 2nd, not worth a 1st though, McCoy is the only RB of 1st round value that compliments Hightower

Just watch people....Beanie is gonna make a damn fool of most of you next year and in the coming future when he is dominating the league. Can't believe how many people buy into this Todd Mcshay BS about Beanie. If you have seen all of his games and you don't think he is the best back in the nation then you just can't evaluate talent.

I CANT WAIT!!!!! Oooooh I just cant wait to see him blow up! He's the only running back that I know is a sure thing.

and then I JIZZED IN MY PANTS

BlindSite
02-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Wells is a good prospect, but if he was in last year's class he wouldn't be taken in the first round imo. He's no where near the prospect Mendenhall or Run DMC were.

DiG
02-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Wells is a good prospect, but if he was in last year's class he wouldn't be taken in the first round imo. He's no where near the prospect Mendenhall or Run DMC were.

i gotta disagree with you. personally id rank wells ahead of menden and jstew but behind run dmc. closer though to menden and jstew than dmac.

Twinkle Toes
02-22-2009, 07:45 PM
I'll admit to my suprise watching Wells run the 40 - not just the time itself, but the technique. I was sure that Wells would have been 'coached up' in his 40 technique by OSU's great Butch Reynolds, who has worked with previous rookie classes to great results so I was truly expecting in the 4.4s at least.

It sure looked like Robiskie absorbed Reynolds' techinque; Wells on the other hand looked like he'd never run a 40 before - poor starting technique and he 'fought' both runs from start to finish.

I'm not as concerned with the time as I am left with the idea that he's just not dedicated to his craft. Compare to Donald Brown.

How anyone with the resources at his disposal could do such a poor job preparing for "the most important job interview of his life" is way beyond me.

bearsfan_51
02-22-2009, 08:25 PM
5'11 227
37 Vert
10'1 Broad..

I'll take it. I expected low 4.5, but I obvioulsy don't know speed.

I told you (like it is).

hockey619
02-22-2009, 09:54 PM
said it before but it got overlooked so gunna ask again: Does McCoy have a chance to become the clear cut number 1 back at his pro day?

He can catch and runs with good balance and good quickness and better long speed than people are giving him credit for. Overall just brings a lot to the table.

What do you all think?

Twinkle Toes
02-22-2009, 10:39 PM
said it before but it got overlooked so gunna ask again: Does McCoy have a chance to become the clear cut number 1 back at his pro day?

He can catch and runs with good balance and good quickness and better long speed than people are giving him credit for. Overall just brings a lot to the table.

What do you all think?

No way! Moreno is the clear cut #1 in this class regardless of his 40 time (his 1st 40 was pretty much as expected, he blew the second 40). Moreno is a complete 3 down RB IMO.

I don't think you can say that about McCoy. Yes he has the "wow factor", but he sometimes makes poor decisions at the LOS, and he too often tries to make the big play when the big play isn't there - when he should go N & S for maximum positive yardage, particularly on those plays when down and distance really matters more than the 'home-run'.

Me Likey Rookies
02-23-2009, 01:07 AM
How come I havent seen anyone talk about Mike Goodson on here? Where does he fit in? 2nd round? Mayock compared him to Jerious Norwood.

Cicero
02-23-2009, 01:17 AM
How come I havent seen anyone talk about Mike Goodson on here? Where does he fit in? 2nd round? Mayock compared him to Jerious Norwood.

4.33 vs 4.54. I hope Mayock's comparison was pre-combine before he saw that.

Me Likey Rookies
02-23-2009, 01:28 AM
is 4.33 what Norwood ran? I am sure the comparison was more to body type and running style, also 4.54 isnt terrible.

Woody56
02-23-2009, 02:07 AM
Norwood official 40 was 4.40

hockey619
02-23-2009, 09:49 AM
No way! Moreno is the clear cut #1 in this class regardless of his 40 time (his 1st 40 was pretty much as expected, he blew the second 40). Moreno is a complete 3 down RB IMO.

I don't think you can say that about McCoy. Yes he has the "wow factor",; so did Jamaal Charles last year. I do think he's a more advanced runner than Charles is, but he sometimes makes poor decisions at the LOS, similar to what I saw a lot in college in Charles, and he too often tries to make the big play when the big play isn't there - when he should go N & S for maximum positive yardage, particularly on those plays when down and distance really matters more than the 'home-run'.

Im as big a Moreno fan as anybody, I love love love his heart and aggressive running style, and i dont like Wells too much so i can agree that Moreno may be the best, but i think McCoy is closer talent wise than everybody seems to realize.

McCoy got better about dancing as a sophmore and did a lot less of that crap. He ran hard and showed a great ability to set guys up and make a cut and get past them at full speed. Only thing i saw was that he didnt always set his blocks up well in space and at times looked a little impatient. He can catch well and is a good back, i think he hasnt been given enough credit in the best rb in the draft argument.

nepg
02-23-2009, 11:06 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of combine numbers, but they really proved how bad this RB class is. McCoy is the best of the lot, and the only one I'd take with a late first round pick.

Donald Brown is actually better than Matt Forte. Forte doesn't do anything that well, but he runs forward and falls forward consistently, so that makes him a good back. But Forte is at his ceiling; he's not going to get any better. Brown has more tools, which gives him great potential.
________
Live Sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Monomach
02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
Forte doesn't do anything that well, but he runs forward and falls forward consistently, so that makes him a good back. But Forte is at his ceiling; he's not going to get any better. Brown has more tools, which gives him great potential.
You just claimed that a rookie already hit his ceiling. That's stupid.

Besides...Now that Brown has run, he's officially slower than Forte.

Love this RB class, somethingsomethingblahblah
I feel the opposite of that. I think it's really weak.

Staggart
02-23-2009, 03:22 PM
is it wrong to compare kevin jones to beanie wells? Except KJ did not have as many injuries in college?

about the same size but KJ ran a faster forty I believe

Me Likey Rookies
02-23-2009, 03:35 PM
I think the RB class is good depth-wise. If you need a RB this year, you can get a good back in the 2nd or 3rd round. The only elite talent I see is Beanie Wells, and that is only if he stays healthy. I am not a fan of Knowshon Moreno being a great NFL back at all.

The WR class is completely different. You have 6 great guys (first rounders) and then one on the brink (Robiskie) and then a huuuge drop off. If you want a WR, you have to take one early.

PossibleCabbage
02-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Not to say that this RB class is especially bad or good, but I just don' t see anything to get excited about. In addition to the fact that RB is really no longer a superstar position in the NFL, none of these guys really project to "game-changers" or "superstars." Some of them may well be good backs, I think Wells earns around a #16 pick, somewhere right in the middle, and Moreno lands 20-30 somewhere, but everybody else just strikes me as a second round or later, landing somewhere on the "Solid Contributor - Above Average - JAG" continuum.

I don't love the class, I don't hate the class, I just don't see anything to get excited about with this class.