PDA

View Full Version : Skins Cuts

DiG
02-21-2009, 09:21 AM
So they begin. You knew Marcus was going to be the first.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/02/20/AR2009022003281.html?referrer=emailarticle

toddmlazarchick
02-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Thank God. But I do see this leading to us drafting Maualuga now which im very ok with!

Canadian_draft_fan
02-21-2009, 03:57 PM
Thank God. But I do see this leading to us drafting Maualuga now which im very ok with!

I'd wait for FA to decide where we are going to go on draft day. I don't see Maualuga as an OLB, but that's just me. I still hope the Skins go Oline or Dline with their first 3-4 picks.

JRTPlaya21
02-21-2009, 03:59 PM
Yeah I really don't see us drafting Maualuga. One mock I saw online had us getting Cushing.

PACKmanN
02-21-2009, 04:17 PM
What type of player is Marcus? could he be able to play OLB in a 3-4? he has had large sack numbers.

treyskins
02-22-2009, 07:04 AM
Injuries have robbed him of his speed sadly.
Damn fine player for us and one of Gibbs' best free agent signings.

Was a d.e. in college for auburn and now the skins have talked to d.e. Orakpo about playing linebacker.
Can Orakpo cover well enough to do this?

Red_BearSkins
02-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Injuries have robbed him of his speed sadly.
Damn fine player for us and one of Gibbs' best free agent signings.

Was a d.e. in college for auburn and now the skins have talked to d.e. Orakpo about playing linebacker.
Can Orakpo cover well enough to do this?

Completely agree. But the way I see it is as this, it would be hard for Orakpo to do worse than anybody we had playing ROLB in coverage last year. Blades too short and Washington too slow.

Orakpo provides youth, he provides blitzing options (not that Blache really ever does this), and he's a BIG body that can stop Brandon Jacobs.

Having said that, I'd rather not draft him, but in a worst case, all the players we want are off the board, I'd be content with going BPA and getting Orakpo.

noondog
02-27-2009, 08:14 AM
I wonder who else the 'Skins are going to have to cut to get back under the cap now that they've re-signed Hall and signed Fat Albert? They must be close to $15-$20 mil over the cap right now?