PDA

View Full Version : Andre Smith is Losing a TON of Money this week!

thebow305
02-21-2009, 11:18 AM
If you are glued to the T.V. this weekend, as I am, watching the NFL Scouting Combine, then you are hearing all the rumblings about Andre Smith. The former Alabama Left Tackle is not working out AT ALL in Indianapolis. The reason being that he just started working out recently and doesn't feel he's ready! WHAT!?

I don't care whether that is the truth or not, you just don't say that in front of a room full of NFL Personnel in arguably the biggest job interview per say for a prospective future NFL draft pick.

This just shows the lack of maturity, intelligence, and overall negligence IMO of this young man. I already had my doubts about him surviving in the NFL. He has struggled with holding the right weight for his entire college career, and his apparent lack of work ethic and apparent lack of desire to change that he has displayed week, speaks volumes for him.

I am convinced he will NOT be a NFL Left Tackle, and as I have stated in the past, whomever drafts him as such, will be vastly disappointed. He struggles with weight, speed rushers, and does not have quick feet at all. I'm not saying he won't have success in the league, but If he does, it will have to be from the Right Tackle spot or even at Guard. And this week, so far, has done nothing to change my mind about that. I don't see him going anywhere inside the top 10 after all this. Certainly not a good start for him, that's for sure!

Thought!?

Hurricanes25
02-21-2009, 11:20 AM
His draft stock is falling by the minute.

TaylorMade
02-21-2009, 11:24 AM
I personally think his character issues are overblown. I would still love for my Redskins to take him at 13.

russie
02-21-2009, 11:29 AM
word is he also just up and left

ANDRE SMITH WENT AWOL?
Posted by Aaron Wilson on February 21, 2009, 11:36 a.m.
Alabama offensive tackle Andre Smith was nowhere to be found this morning at the NFL scouting combine, leaving the facilities in Indianapolis, Tony Pauline of SI.com reports.

Per Pauline, Smith was eventually located after a “search party” was engaged to find the massive first-round prospect. Apparently, no scouting combine officials knew where Smith went and scrambled around to find him.

Now, Smith and his agent apparently aren’t on the same page as to the reason why Smith was absent without leave from the combine and are telling different stories.

For Smith, who fielded several questions from reporters and undoubtedly from teams upon his arrival in Indianapolis about his suspension for the Crimson Tide’s bowl game stemming from a violation of team rules, this kind of sketchy behavior obviously isn’t the way to impress future employers.

If it turns out to be something innocuous, NFL teams won’t make too big a deal out of it given Smith’s big-time potential.

UPDATE: Smith, who isn’t working out at the combine because he’s admittedly not in shape, just got ripped big-time by NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock.

“I’m dropping him down on my list,” Mayock said. “You don’t show up in shape for the biggest job interview of your life. You don’t lift. You don’t run. You don’t show up. It’s the worst thing you can do. How can you not show up in shape for this?”

JFLO
02-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm not convinced on his potential as a LT either, but he could dominate as a G or RT though.

I think he might be the most "sure thing" when it comes to offensive lineman overall, maybe besides Max Unger or Alex Mack.

Texas Homer
02-21-2009, 11:33 AM
not good for Smith, but I doubt he falls out of the top 10.

At couple months back, I was wondering if he was better at OG. After watching more film on him though, I think because of his athleyicism, he could be a really good LT. I still think he would be a GREAT OG, but I think he will be a LT all the way.

I hope he dedicates the next month or so on getting in much better shape.

Like I said, not good right now.

JRTPlaya21
02-21-2009, 11:34 AM
I loved this guy when he first got to Bama, but now he's shooting himself in the foot. Jason Smith is my top tackle now.

russie
02-21-2009, 11:35 AM
I loved this guy when he first got to Bama, but now he's shooting himself in the foot. Jason Smith is my top tackle now.

word is jason is doing everything right. great benching, great interviews, good size, and i guess he is killing it with his press meetings

JRTPlaya21
02-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Yeah he is looking really impressive so far this week. Would love for him to slip to Washington, but they may go D line or Linebacker as well.

DeathbyStat
02-21-2009, 11:51 AM
And Oher and Britton are moving up draft boards

D-Unit
02-21-2009, 11:53 AM
If he falls, the stupid ones are the teams passing on him because they're letting their emotions get the better of them. No problem for the teams picking later... they are absolutely LOVIN' this news!

gramage
02-21-2009, 11:56 AM
I think it says a lot that pro football weekly doesn't even rank him as a tackle on their top 10 by position, they see him as a guard.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Player+Rankings/2009/09top100218.htm

I_C_DeadPeople
02-21-2009, 11:58 AM
If he falls, the stupid ones are the teams passing on him because they're letting their emotions get the better of them. No problem for the teams picking later... they are absolutely LOVIN' this news!

I Don't think teams will be 'stupid' to pass on him, they will just want to spend their millions of dollars on a better risk. With the money the top picks get, the player should have a great attitude and history. Yes, some team *may* pick up a bargain, but some team may also pick up a slug. As a Bengals fan, I know all too well what happens when you 'steal' a talented player that has fallen due to character issues.

Cigaro
02-21-2009, 12:06 PM
Andre Smith is falling, gets picked in the teens, and kicks ass at LT for at least 10 years.

That's how it'll go.

russie
02-21-2009, 12:08 PM
yes, it will all be clear just how stupid they all were to pass on a guy that admittedly hasnt worked out or kept in shape for the past month. that screams lack of dedication and work ethic. the combine is the biggest job interview these prospects have, and with a fairly crowded position like ot, it could be the one chance you have to separate yourself from the pack, and this idiot shows up fat and out of shape.

gramage
02-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Maybe it's because the Bills aremy closest team (and play here once a year now) but the name stuck in my head is Mike Williams (the OT from Texas not the WR from USC.)

I don't think the Bills remember that decision fondly.

SchizophrenicBatman
02-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Andre Smith is falling, gets picked in the teens, and kicks ass at LT for at least 10 years.

That's how it'll go.

Or his stock completely bombs, he goes in the 2nd round and the only time we hear of him again is when some stupid team puts him in a game against Osi with no help and he gives up 6 sacks

/Winston Justice

keylime_5
02-21-2009, 12:33 PM
And Oher and Britton are moving up draft boards

oher bombed the bench press and had a crappy week at the senior bowl. I wouldn't say he's moving up, but he doesn't have the same problems as A.Smith.

bearsfan_51
02-21-2009, 12:34 PM
To pass this off as no big deal is willfull ignorance. It's not like a wonderlic score, or even a bad 40, the guy didn't prepare at all and then just bailed. He's definately out of the top 10 people. At least for now.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 12:41 PM
He's probably dropped out of the top 2 for sure and if he keeps this routine of his up could drop further.

broadstbullies
02-21-2009, 12:49 PM
if teams are stupid enough to pass on him beyond the top 10.. from 11 on, they're getting a steal

Babylon
02-21-2009, 12:54 PM
oher bombed the bench press and had a crappy week at the senior bowl. I wouldn't say he's moving up, but he doesn't have the same problems as A.Smith.

Oher's 40 time isnt going to help him as his bench press didnt help. He's in danger of being the 5th or 6th OL taken.

gullyjuice
02-21-2009, 12:54 PM
I guess he's as good a steal as any guy with no work ethic or intelligence could be.

PossibleCabbage
02-21-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure he's a steal. If he's enough of a head case to not prepare for the biggest job interview of his life (you know the one that if you ace it, you're set for life because you're a top 10 pick), does he really have the mental toughness to play at a high level in the NFL?

I mean, if he'll go AWOL at the combine and get suspended for his last college game, what else might he do? He was already set to dip a little as people started applying the "not really a LT, more of a RT" label to him, now he might plummet. Who spents a top 10 pick on a RT who's a headcase?

Personally, I'd put him below Oher at this point. At least we know Oher has all the physical tools you want, and he's a good character guy, if a little inconsistent.

CashmoneyDrew
02-21-2009, 01:05 PM
It's a big deal now, but I believe that after his pro-day and continued viewing of his film people will start to warm up to him again. I understand people questioning his character on these things, but to say he doesn't have quick feet, or to say he struggles against speed rushers is just flat wrong. This kid dominates in the run game and is solid in pass protection. I think this is magnified because the last time people saw this kid play they remember the play at the end where the perfectly timed blitz got him beat. I'd gladly take him on the Titans.

russie
02-21-2009, 01:08 PM
It's a big deal now, but I believe that after his pro-day and continued viewing of his film people will start to warm up to him again. I understand people questioning his character on these things, but to say he doesn't have quick feet, or to say he struggles against speed rushers is just flat wrong. This kid dominates in the run game and is solid in pass protection. I think this is magnified because the last time people saw this kid play they remember the play at the end where the perfectly timed blitz got him beat. I'd gladly take him on the Titans.

and i'd be willing to take him with the vikes late first round pick, but they also have a solid leader on that offensive line(hutch) that can help him. alot of the teams that are picking near the top of the draft dont have someone that could help him get his **** straight

02-21-2009, 01:11 PM
No one likes to see a top prospect completely bomb it at the combine the way Smith has, but if there's anyone who's smiling right now it would be Tom Cable. While everyone's thinking we go receiver, I'm not so sure. We have a significant need on the right side of the line and although at first Smith doesn't seem like a great fit for the ZBS, Cable has already indicated his willingness to utilize bigger, physical lineman with good athleticism similarly to Smith's in his system. I could still see him going earlier to a team like Cincy at #6 so it’s certainly no guarantee he’ll drop nearly as far as some are indicating. There’s still a lot of time for him to repair his image, tbh.

gramage
02-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Didn't this guy also get suspended for Alabama's bowl game this year for improper contact with an agent?

Staubach12
02-21-2009, 01:48 PM
I had he and Monroe neck and neck for my top Tackle spot, but I think Monroe has it handily now. This is just not good for him.

JRTPlaya21
02-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Honestly how do you forget to get the word out to the coaches? Monroe & Jason Smith now imo.

Mouse
02-21-2009, 01:56 PM
this can be a tie-breaker when deciding on whether to take a Jason or Andre, Monroe or Andre, oher or Andre. If you view two prospects as close and one doesn't appear to be serious about the NFL. A GM might take the other one.

Not good for Andre Smith.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 02:00 PM
this can be a tie-breaker when deciding on whether to take a Jason or Andre, Monroe or Andre, oher or Andre. If you view two prospects as close and one doesn't appear to be serious about the NFL. A GM might take the other one.

Not good for Andre Smith.

I think it's clearly Monroe and Jason Smith with the edge to Smith. Andre Smith probably did himself some good with his measureing a bit taller than expected with long arms. Needs to get his ass in shape by pro day and do well.

Michael Oher has gone from a so so Senior Bowl to a lousy combine. Low bench press and slow 40 time isnt good for trying to make your case. I would drop him below Beatty and Britton right now but i'm sure others will defend his less than stellar resume.

TACKLE
02-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Michael Oher has gone from a so so Senior Bowl to a lousy combine. Low bench press and slow 40 time isnt good for trying to make your case. I would drop him below Beatty and Britton right now but i'm sure others will defend his less than stellar resume.

By less than stellar resume you mean 0 sacks allowed as a senior in the SEC and 1st AA. You are way over reacting to the combine numbers. If you've actually seen them play, Oher is clearly a notch above Beatty and Britton. Although his forty time wasn't great he is a much better natural athlete than the other two not to mention a better football player. I would be willing to bet he had one of the best 10 yard times of any of the OL. Oher is still a solid Top 15 pick.

phlysac
02-21-2009, 02:16 PM
I think it's clearly Monroe and Jason Smith with the edge to Smith. Andre Smith probably did himself some good with his measureing a bit taller than expected with long arms. Needs to get his ass in shape by pro day and do well.

The 40 time should be thrown out as far as offensive linemen go and Eugene Monroe only had 2 more reps on the bench. Oher looks more athletic in the drills than Monroe. Yet everyone seems to keep Monroe high and drop Oher. I disagree.

Larry
02-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Smith won't be able to handle speed rushers at Left Tackle. I think he has to move to right tackle or guard.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 02:55 PM
By less than stellar resume you mean 0 sacks allowed as a senior in the SEC and 1st AA. You are way over reacting to the combine numbers. If you've actually seen them play, Oher is clearly a notch above Beatty and Britton. Although his forty time wasn't great he is a much better natural athlete than the other two not to mention a better football player. I would be willing to bet he had one of the best 10 yard times of any of the OL. Oher is still a solid Top 15 pick.

Full disclosure i havent seen much of Beatty but Britton was All Pac-10 and shut everyone down in that league. Here's the deal with Oher and anyone else that shows up at the combine. Put up of shut up. If it isnt a competition that actually means something then call it off and stop wasting everyone's time.

jetsfan0099
02-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Any possibility that he falls to pick 17 for the Jets? If its true we are releasing Brandon Moore our starting RG we will need a OL. We can move Damien Woody back to RG and draft Andre Smith to play RT for us.

LT-Ferguson
LG-Faneca
C-Mangold
RG-Woody
RT-Smith

That would be a nasty OL.

LonghornsLegend
02-21-2009, 03:16 PM
I couldn't see him going past 10 because SF could play him at RT and have great book end tackles for a long time, it isn't impressive that he showed up out of shape but teams won't let him slip that far.

bearsfan_51
As much as Smith's stock has dropped, and you can count me into the group that considers this a very big deal, I still have a hard time seeing him fall past Washington at #13.

Babylon
Any possibility that he falls to pick 17 for the Jets? If its true we are releasing Brandon Moore our starting RG we will need a OL. We can move Damien Woody back to RG and draft Andre Smith to play RT for us.

LT-Ferguson
LG-Faneca
C-Mangold
RG-Woody
RT-Smith

That would be a nasty OL.

I'm going to say that's too much money tied up in the O-line. They need help in other areas.

Dark Knight01
02-21-2009, 03:17 PM
This is great news!

I hope Andre Smith keeps on slipping to the #7 spot so the Raiders can snatch him to be a DOMINATING RT!

Keep on slipping big boy! LOL

Prowler
02-21-2009, 03:18 PM
i'm going to say winston justice fall to the mid 2nd round. only winston was never a potential top pick. smith and michael johnson must have the same agent with the way they've killed their draft stock this past year(day).

Babylon
02-21-2009, 03:19 PM
This is great news!

I hope Andre Smith keeps on slipping to the #7 spot so the Raiders can snatch him to be a DOMINATING RT!

I think he's gone beyond the 7th spot already and headed for about 10th.

Splat
02-21-2009, 03:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/around_the_nfl/post/Alabama-s-Andre-Smith-plummeting?urn=nfl,143110

Talking about this topic.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 03:23 PM
i'm going to say winston justice fall to the mid 2nd round. only winston was never a potential top pick. smith and michael johnson must have the same agent with the way they've killed their draft stock this past year(day).

In all seriousness you could be looking at Oher or Smith at 20. What do you do?

Dark Knight01
02-21-2009, 03:26 PM
I think he's gone beyond the 7th spot already and headed for about 10th.

Even better! More trade offers!

Keep on slippin to the #7 spot big boy and all will be good!

LOL

gramage
02-21-2009, 03:26 PM
If he isn't mature enough to keep his off field business in check and remain eligible for the sugar bowl, smart enough to hide that he started working out late from NFL GM's, and a hard enough worker to get in shape for the combine, how can anyone think he's going to be mature enough, smart enough, and a hard enough worker to succeed in the NFL? Especially once he's got 10 million or more in guaranteed money if he's still an early first round pick?

Babylon
02-21-2009, 03:27 PM
Even better! More trade offers!

Keep on slippin to the #7 spot big boy and all will be good!

LOL

I guess, good luck on that Oscar tomorrow night.

02-21-2009, 03:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/around_the_nfl/post/Alabama-s-Andre-Smith-plummeting?urn=nfl,143110

Talking about this topic.

This could be an even bigger fall than I had previously thought. Wow.

RaiderFan
02-21-2009, 03:30 PM
This is great news!

I totaly agree, let these silly playboys kick the tires before we drive away with the car.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 03:32 PM
This could be an even bigger fall than I had previously thought. Wow.

I heard he was out all night with Alex Boone tying one on. Just kidding.

Smith is really pissing all over this process and yet he has his diehard fans. I dont care who takes him the guy will underachieve. Most guys would kill for his opportunity.

02-21-2009, 03:35 PM
I heard he was out all night with Alex Boone tying one on. Just kidding.

Smith is really pissing all over this process and yet he has his diehard fans. I dont care who takes him the guy will underachieve. Most guys would kill for his opportunity.

You wanna root for the guy, but he keeps ******* up. I see it more as a sign of immaturity than I do work ethic. He needs another coach like Saban to light a fire under his ass again.

Dark Knight01
02-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I guess, good luck on that Oscar tomorrow night.

LOL....Ledger should get it, but I'm not wasting my time watching that live Oscar farce of a show. The Academy voters left off DK as a best pic nominee and disrespected Chris Nolan by not nominating him as a a best director candidate.

Button was a poor mans Gump and is over rated......the Reader is garbage, Slumdog was solid and so was Milk....but The Wrestler also deserved to be recognized as a best pic nominee.

The Oscars have no credibility or accountability much like Major League Baseball. LOL

Babylon
02-21-2009, 03:39 PM
You wanna root for the guy, but he keeps ******* up. I see it more as a sign of immaturity than I do work ethic. He needs another coach like Saban to light a fire under his ass again.

He's immature without money imagine what happens when he has millions. Someone might strike gold with this guy but i wouldnt take him, especially early.

THIZZorDIE
02-21-2009, 03:42 PM
J. Dukes said he won't get past San Francisco at ten, provided his Pro Day is what Andre Smith says it can be/scouts expect of from him. Dukes also mentioned him as a Pro-Bowl Guard right now. He is the O-line Prospect required for the style of play Singletary desires, but hardly the matching personality, at least thus far. He has certainly jeopardized his draft stock, but it is absolutely not beyond recovery. A valid story, strong workout, good weight, and display of 'hunger' or willingness/commitment, will have him drafted where he was initially projected.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 03:44 PM
J. Dukes said he won't get past San Francisco at ten, provided his Pro Day is what Andre Smith says it can be/scouts expect of from him. Dukes also mentioned him as a Pro-Bowl Guard right now. He is the O-line Prospect required for the style of play Singletary desires, but hardly the matching personality, at least thus far. He has certainly jeopardized his draft stock, but it is absolutely not beyond recovery. A valid story, strong workout, good weight, and display of 'hunger' or willingness/commitment, will have him drafted where he was initially projected.

He definitely can rehab his image but he's sure not helping it right now is he? As for being drafted where he was initially projected i think that's history. He isnt going to be a top 5 pick.

PACKmanN
02-21-2009, 03:46 PM

that later team will suffer. This is his biggest make or bust moment and he isn't giving two **** about the opportunity. Can you believe how out of shape he would be coming to TC next year? This guy has to fix his attitude.

Dark Knight01
02-21-2009, 03:47 PM
What teams need to do is put certain training and weight clauses in their contracts to insure the fitness.

Pro Football prep is now a year round endevour and with these large contracts, failure is no longer an option.

02-21-2009, 03:51 PM
that later team will suffer. This is his biggest make or bust moment and he isn't giving two **** about the opportunity. Can you believe how out of shape he would be coming to TC next year? This guy has to fix his attitude.

Exactly. It's amazing how much you can learn about a player in such a short time period even if he turns out to be a decent player. It goes far beyond just being out of shape, the dude absolutely ****** up everything possible this weekend.

nobodyinparticular
02-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I'll be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Andre Smith takes an Anttaj Hawthorne-like fall. Hawthorne was considered the 3rd best DT in the 2005 draft at the end of January (on this site). In the mock draft from December 23rd, Scott had Anttaj going #41 to the Cowboys. After he was ripped to shreds for various problems at the combine, he was taken by the Oakland Raiders in the 6th round of the draft.

Hawthorne was never as high as Andre Smith once was, and I don't think that Smith will fall quite as far, but I think late teens is perhaps giving him more slack than NFL teams will give him. I could see him going in the late 3rd or 4th round.

Why? Because the draft is all about momentum and buzz. And the NFLN created a TON of negative buzz about the Crimson Tide LT. And he's going to pay for it.

Perhaps the only way to head off this drop is if he has a killer Pro Day. He needs to do everything--all agility/speed/strength workouts and then all the position drills--and he needs to excel at all of them. He needs to show that he has good feet and he needs to show that he can time well.

Dark Knight01
02-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't be naive enough to rush to judgment on A Smith just yet folks.

Lets wait until his Pro Day at least....

JRTPlaya21
02-21-2009, 03:54 PM
As much as Smith's stock has dropped, and you can count me into the group that considers this a very big deal, I still have a hard time seeing him fall past Washington at #13.

Yeah my dad said the same thing to me, but his character concerns make me not want him in DC. There are also some rumblings about Washington going after a d-lineman or linebacker after the release of Marcus Washington.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 03:58 PM
LOL....Ledger should get it, but I'm not wasting my time watching that live Oscar farce of a show. The Academy voters left off DK as a best pic nominee and disrespected Chris Nolan by not nominating him as a a best director candidate.

Button was a poor mans Gump and is over rated......the Reader is garbage, Slumdog was solid and so was Milk....but The Wrestler also deserved to be recognized as a best pic nominee.

The Oscars have no credibility or accountability much like Major League Baseball. LOL

Now i know i dont need to watch it you gave the whole rundown. Most of those i'll wait for on DVD.

Took the bride to see "She's just not that into you". Good romantic comedy, plenty of fluff with Jennifer Anniston and Scarlett Johansen, being an oldtimer i like Jennifer Connolly myself. Clever flick in the art of dating.

JRTPlaya21
02-21-2009, 04:01 PM
Now i know i dont need to watch it you gave the whole rundown. Most of those i'll wait for on DVD.

Took the bride to see "She's just not that into you". Good romantic comedy, plenty of fluff with Jennifer Anniston and Scarlett Johansen, being an oldtimer i like Jennifer Connolly myself. Clever flick in the art of dating.

The commercials to that one looked pretty funny, but I don't think I could own up to shelling out the money for me and the gf.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Yeah my dad said the same thing to me, but his character concerns make me not want him in DC. There are also some rumblings about Washington going after a d-lineman or linebacker after the release of Marcus Washington.

I think the Skins could go after Brian Cushing if he shows well here at the combine.

Smith's fall is real but i agree it wont be epic. We're not talking Dan Marino dropping to the 20s because of rumor about smoking weed. One similarity to that situation though is like in 83 when there was a deep QB class this year the O-line class is pretty stout.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 04:04 PM
The commercials to that one looked pretty funny, but I don't think I could own up to shelling out the money for me and the gf.

Like i said i took my wife, which buys me some husband capital if you follow me. It's actually pretty good. I dont like spending what amounts to 8 bucks on Popcorn and Pop (the movie matinee is reasonable) but it was entertaining.

JRTPlaya21
02-21-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah I avoid the movie food unless she wants it and try to stock up from Target ahead of time.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
02-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Trust me, this a calculated effort by teams picking later in the first round to torpedo Andre Smith so that he drops out of the top 10.

If 'character issues' are talking to an agent before the Sugar Bowl and failing to workout at the Combine because you preferred to test at your college Pro Day, or that you neglected informing the powers that be in Indianapolis you had scheduled a 6 o'clock flight in the morning to get home and begin workouts with a new trainer, then I wish Pacman and Plaxico came into the league with those type of problems.

This is all covert black ops people!!

Andre Smith's only negative is that big bubble gut he's dragging around.

Otherwise, he's the most dominant OT in this year's draft.

Somewhere, Belichick, Andy Reid, and Mike Tomlin are drinking pops laughing their asses off!!

Trust me, there will be coaches fired if he falls out of the top 25.

Canadian_draft_fan
02-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Agree. I f he falls to the Skins @ 13 I would be thrilled. A dominating RT is what we need.

Dark Knight01
02-21-2009, 04:15 PM

Yeah even my wife just about fell asleep during Button and none of us have even bothered considereing Frost/Nixon?? Give me a break.

The Wrestler was awesome.....and Slumdog was solid. Milk was okay....nothing spectacular. Yeah....I gotta take the wife for that No into you film. I always have been a fan of Connelly!

JRTPlaya21
02-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Agree. I f he falls to the Skins @ 13 I would be thrilled. A dominating RT is what we need.

More draft picks would also be nice too.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Trust me, this a calculated effort by teams picking later in the first round to torpedo Andre Smith so that he drops out of the top 10.

If 'character issues' are talking to an agent before the Sugar Bowl and failing to workout at the Combine because you preferred to test at your college Pro Day, or that you neglected informing the powers that be in Indianapolis you had scheduled a 6 o'clock flight in the morning to get home and begin workouts with a new trainer, then I wish Pacman and Plaxico came into the league with those type of problems.

This is all covert black ops people!!

Andre Smith's only negative is that big bubble gut he's dragging around.

Otherwise, he's the most dominant OT in this year's draft.

Somewhere, Belichick, Andy Reid, and Mike Tomlin are drinking pops laughing their asses off!!

Trust me, there will be coaches fired if he falls out of the top 25.

Maybe it's all being plotted by the same group that did the Kennedy assassination.

Here's the deal Belichek and Tomlin or whomever are licking their chops, but is it because they want him or they really dont want him and are just plotting to have some other team screwup? that's the real quandry we're in here.:twisted:

Flyboy
02-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Ehhh, definitely don't see the Saints taking him at 14 if he's there with all these negative stuff.

Bama9507
02-21-2009, 04:49 PM
He's dead to me after being kicked off the team

gramage
02-21-2009, 04:54 PM
All he needs now is a DUI or an arrest at a strip club to complete the circle.

Splat
02-21-2009, 05:11 PM
It really is sad the guy has all the talent in the world I'm not throwing in the towel but he is for sure off to a bad start.

Splat
02-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Alabama's Smith explains absence from combine workout (http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=09000d5d80edb7f2&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

jnew76
02-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Alabama's Smith explains absence from combine workout (http://www.nfl.com/combine/story?id=09000d5d80edb7f2&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

I can actually buy some of this... But the fact is, he does not finish things. He has no chance to gain back all the money he has lost at this point.

I would not draft him period... and I would not be surprised if he fell out of the top 20 all together.

nobodyinparticular
02-21-2009, 05:45 PM
I can actually buy some of this... But the fact is, he does not finish things. He has no chance to gain back all the money he has lost at this point.

I would not draft him period... and I would not be surprised if he fell out of the top 20 all together.

This is where I am at...

gramage
02-21-2009, 05:53 PM
I would not draft him period.

No I would once I felt the insult would guarantee me a couple of years of motivation like say round 3, but I doubt he'll fall to that point. I think the eagles would take a shot on him with one of their two first round picks.

RaiderFan
02-21-2009, 05:59 PM
lol if people think Al Davis will pass on Andre Smith because of a perceived minor character flaw your crazy. After his proday he will be a top 8 pick again. I don't see him getting past Oakland or Jacksonville.
Some people act like the guy robbed a bank or somethin lol overreact much. This is the same reason why Ryan Clady and DeSean Jackson slipped and Vernon Gholston rose, go figure.

lod01
02-21-2009, 06:00 PM
I couldn't see him going past 10 because SF could play him at RT and have great book end tackles for a long time, it isn't impressive that he showed up out of shape but teams won't let him slip that far.

One thing is for sure. If the niners take him and he slacks off at all, he will wish he was never even born. Singletary will destroy him.

RaiderFan
02-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Niners, Bears? Haha dream on he's a top 10 pick.

gramage
02-21-2009, 06:01 PM
One thing is for sure. If the niners take him and he slacks off at all, he will wish he was never even born. Singletary will destroy him.

And he probably won't even look up from his burger.

JFLO
02-21-2009, 06:07 PM
I would still draft him, but I would be very hesitant before pulling the trigger.

I'm having a feeling that he is going to have a great pro day at Bama though. I know a lot of players have great pro days but his will be special. It still won't be enough to make up for his lack of common sense.

lod01
02-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Niners, Bears? Haha dream on he's a top 10 pick.

The niners pick 10th, dude.

RaiderFan
02-21-2009, 06:15 PM
The niners pick 10th, dude.

Good point i meant top 8 though

People need to realize there is very limited elite talent in this draft, there are no freaks and most of the top picks have either production or athletic talent question marks.
IMO Andre Smith is the player who comes the closest to elite elite status. And GM's will overlook minor charecter concerns for elite talent. No GM can afford to skip on the Ryan Clady,Dan marino or Warren Sapp's.

gramage
02-21-2009, 06:20 PM
IMO Andre Smith is the player who comes the closest to elite elite status. And GM's will overlook minor charecter concerns for elite talent. No GM can afford to skip on the Ryan Clady,Dan marino or Warren Sapp's.

It's not so much character as it is probability he'll become an elite player, and despite his talent he has shown a lot of reasons to doubt he'll develop his skills in the pro game. Maybe you can't skip CladyMarino or Sapp, but a good GM passes on Mike Williams, Ryan Leaf or Dwayne Robertson.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Let's look at him strictly as a football player and assume he F-d up dealing with an agent. Is he in the Walter Jones/Joe Thomas class or is he in the Mike Williams/Levi Brown class. My take is he is probably in the latter and maybe even will see his best days at guard. He needs to get his act together and take this stuff serious.

Shane P. Hallam
02-21-2009, 07:52 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/02/21/scouting.combine/index.html?eref=si_nfl

Some more came out. He went to interviews not dressed appropriately, lied to teams about why he wasn't going to work out. Many O-line coaches are asking to take him off of their teams board.

Babylon
02-21-2009, 07:56 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/02/21/scouting.combine/index.html?eref=si_nfl

Some more came out. He went to interviews not dressed appropriately, lied to teams about why he wasn't going to work out. Many O-line coaches are asking to take him off of their teams board.

Has anyone drug tested this idiot?

bearsfan_51
02-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Some of you are acting like this is just a character issue. How about the fact that you just don't draft someone who can't take care of their body? He can't maintain his weight at 21. You think that gets easier as you get older? He could be out of the league in 4-5 years. Look at Aaron Gibson. Dude was at 400 by age 26.

JFLO
02-21-2009, 08:55 PM
He might be the only player, besides Maurice Clarett, who I can safely say is watching their stock drop by the hour....

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
02-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Out of the league because of weight issues?

He's a little pudgy, but he weighed 331 at 6'4, a very good height/weight ratio, and whenever he played at Alabama you were impressed with his athleticism, his blubber physique never was the issue.

Andre Smith is a conscientious, proud, borderline arrogant player who's used to being the best player on the field whenever he put his helmet on.

This is a kid who takes pride in his game, if not his body or work in the weight room. If he hooks up with the right team/vets who show him that he has to work at the next level if he hopes to preserve the physically dominating advantage he had in college, he'll be alright.

I don't see him being another Aaron Gibson, but his ability to keep his weight under control is the only real negative I'd have about the kid.

If he ever learned how to break a sweat in the weight room, he'd get rid of that excess baby fat and be a truly dominant presence in the league.

Still a top 5-10 talent in my mind.

gramage
02-21-2009, 09:59 PM
If he took any pride in his game he wouldn't have been kicked off his team for talking to agents. Thats not pride thats shamlessly yelling "show me the money!"

PossibleCabbage
02-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Still a top 5-10 talent in my mind.

A lot of guys are top 5-10 talents, but don't really deserve a top 5-10 pick because of intangibles, red flags, and other things. Some guys make it in the pros with a 5 cent head on a million dollar body, but it's far from universal.

At the very least, you worry about Smith's maturity, coachability, and work ethic as a result of the weekend's events. He may be one of the 10 more talented players in the draft, but there's a lot of reasons to take a less talented player who has his head screwed on right versus a really talented player who has some... issues.

Your top 10 guys every year are generally the guys who are NFL ready, have low downside, and have high upside. Everybody else grades lower than 10 because of some combination of varying degrees of readiness issues, bust potential, or limited upside. Smith has worked his way into the "Boom/Bust" category at this point, IMO. You worry about Oher because he's inconsistent and may get the QB killed, but that's nothing compared to worrying about whether or not Smith will deign to bother to show up to something he doesn't consider sufficiently important, despite the harms of doing so.

Smith could, very well, turn it all around with a great pro day and a series of very convincing interviews in which he really owns up to his flub this weekend and vault back to where he was, say, a week ago. But for now? He's done a pretty good job of torpedoing his stock during the combine.

phlysac
02-21-2009, 10:12 PM
but his ability to keep his weight under control is the only real negative I'd have about the kid.

After this weekend you can, with a clear mind say that weight is the only negative issue concerning Andre Smith??? Weight is the only thing that was a good thing for him at the Combine.

Iamcanadian
02-21-2009, 10:18 PM
Smith has simply put all his eggs into his pro day. GM's have short memories when it comes to talent and if Smith blows them away at his pro day, they forgive and forget quickly all this concern.
How many times have I heard GM's say that they don't like it when somebody skips the combine, it shows he won't compete etc. etc. but as soon as they have a great pro day, the prospect returns to their top status they had before the combine and you cannot find 1 GM who won't draft them.
Sure, Smith had better have a solid pro day but that is the same pressure for prospects who go to the combine. You either produce or you drop. Life is simple.

phlysac
02-21-2009, 10:29 PM
I don't think it's the fact that he skipped the Combine that is bothering GMs. I think the way he has handled himself the past 2 months have turned him into a huge character risk which is a much more significant counterweight to talent than not performing at the Combine.

PossibleCabbage
02-21-2009, 10:44 PM
How many times have I heard GM's say that they don't like it when somebody skips the combine, it shows he won't compete etc. etc. but as soon as they have a great pro day, the prospect returns to their top status they had before the combine and you cannot find 1 GM who won't draft them.

I think it's less of an issue that Smith skipped the combine than the specific way he skipped the combine. A lot of top guys don't work out, beyond the medical examination and the interviews, but they make it known to GMs and the combine administrators in advance that they won't be working out. What doesn't ever happen with anybody who has his head screwed on straight is that they are AWOL when you expect them to be doing drills.

By all accounts, it looks like Smith wasn't taking this seriously, showed up to interviews and did a poor job, and then decided that he just didn't feel like working out and so wandered off without telling anybody. That's a seriously bigger red flag than "just didn't work out at the combine."

Iamcanadian
02-21-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't think it's the fact that he skipped the Combine that is bothering GMs. I think the way he has handled himself the past 2 months have turned him into a huge character risk which is a much more significant counterweight to talent than not performing at the Combine.

You really think the pro give a hoot about being suspended for hiring an agent, not likely. Sure, he was immature at the combine but if he turns out to be an elite talent at his pro day, it won't impact him much if at all.

phlysac
02-21-2009, 11:03 PM
You really think the pro give a hoot about being suspended for hiring an agent, not likely. Sure, he was immature at the combine but if he turns out to be an elite talent at his pro day, it won't impact him much if at all.

No, but the fact that reportedly he has already been giving different stories to teams as to why he didn't work out, and that teams have been getting negative feedback from the Alabama coaching staff WILL make GMs give a hoot.

Iamcanadian
02-21-2009, 11:14 PM
No, but the fact that reportedly he has already been giving different stories to teams as to why he didn't work out, and that teams have been getting negative feedback from the Alabama coaching staff WILL make GMs give a hoot.

He said he left to workout that day with his new trainer, his agent gave out a different story. Immature yes, career threating, I don't see it. There was no discussion of Alabama giving out negative feedback to teams that I heard.
Obviously he has a lot to prove at his pro day and he had better be ready because he has put all his eggs into one basket, and if he's shaky in any way, he pay for it on draft day, but if he comes through with shining colours, I doubt it affects him a whole lot.

gramage
02-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Another thing to keep in mind (in addition to immaturity/lack of work ethic etc.) the bad press he's gotten is going to make it hard for a franchise to introduce him as their first pick. The fans are going to look at all these stories and think their GM just wasted their first pick, and if he's even average to start (something I now doubt) it could cost someone their job. Not saying that should factor in but just like coaches play too conservative on sundays for fear of a decision that gets them fired, GM's have to play it safe on draft day sometimes as well.

phlysac
02-21-2009, 11:27 PM
He said he left to workout that day with his new trainer, his agent gave out a different story. Immature yes, career threating, I don't see it. There was no discussion of Alabama giving out negative feedback to teams that I heard.
Obviously he has a lot to prove at his pro day and he had better be ready because he has put all his eggs into one basket, and if he's shaky in any way, he pay for it on draft day, but if he comes through with shining colours, I doubt it affects him a whole lot.

Smith's interviews with teams have been going horribly. He's been inappropriately dressed and has been giving a number of conflicting statements as to why he was choosing not to workout at the combine. Several offensive line coaches have already suggested Smith be removed from their team's draft board
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/02/21/scouting.combine/index.html

That follows the bad reviews Smith got from coaches from Alabama

Granted, this is all printed specualtion. But if any of it is indeed true, he could slide drastically more than just a few spots.

Iamcanadian
02-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Another thing to keep in mind (in addition to immaturity/lack of work ethic etc.) the bad press he's gotten is going to make it hard for a franchise to introduce him as their first pick. The fans are going to look at all these stories and think their GM just wasted their first pick, and if he's even average to start (something I now doubt) it could cost someone their job. Not saying that should factor in but just like coaches play too conservative on sundays for fear of a decision that gets them fired, GM's have to play it safe on draft day sometimes as well.

Obviously the press he received at the combine won't help but if he has a great pro day, he'll get a lot of positive press leading up to the draft and a lot of questions about him will have been answered.
The GM who passes on him will have a lot of explaining to do if he turns out to be the best LT in the draft = being fired for passing.
Normally I hate guys who aren't prepared for the combine but until he actually works out, the rest of the negative hype doesn't worry me nor will it worry a top GM. They go by facts and if his pro day indicates to them that he is a top elite talent, I doubt too many pass on him because his agent didn't get him ready for the combine properly. I've seen insane people and outright criminals go in round 1 just to put it in prospective.

Borat
02-21-2009, 11:37 PM
The 2009 Alan Branch award for perceived laziness goes to .......................... Andre Smith. Congratulations idiot.

gdamac
02-21-2009, 11:41 PM
Al Davis won't care about any of that, if the Raiders like him they would still take him, and I wouldn't complain at all.

TACKLE
02-22-2009, 12:08 AM
The 2009 Alan Branch award for perceived laziness goes to .......................... Andre Smith. Congratulations idiot.

I heard he's also nominated for the 2009 Winston Justice Award. It's given to a very talented junior OT who thinks he better than he is but makes dumb, selfish decisions that cause him to fall in the draft.

Smokey Joe
02-22-2009, 12:17 AM
If he has even a decent pro-day, he'll still be at least a top 20 pick.

PossibleCabbage
02-22-2009, 12:25 AM
The GM who passes on him will have a lot of explaining to do if he turns out to be the best LT in the draft = being fired for passing.

Who was the last GM who was fired specifically for once passing on a guy who turned out to be good? Has this ever happened? I think everybody who has ever drafted has at least once passed on a guy who turned out to be better than the guy they picked, it's just part of the territory and it's expected since NFL GMs are not gifted with precognition. I mean, a lot of GMs who passed on Tom Brady five or six times are still in the league, and I don't recall that any of them being fired specifically for whiffing on a specific Michigan QB a half dozen times...

Nobody who passes on Andre Smith once, twice, or three times is going to get fired for that. No matter how good he turns out to be. GMs don't regularly get fired for making a bad pick or two. Nobody has every been fired for "failing to make the best pick."

RaiderFan
02-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Al Davis won't care about any of that, if the Raiders like him they would still take him, and I wouldn't complain at all.

Exactly....

MarioPalmer
02-22-2009, 12:52 AM

Chris Williams last year was picked over Otah and Baker and both were main stays on their line. Clady was much better and much more athletic and has a much brighter future than Jake Long but there is no question that Parcells is their guy. That pick should have been Matt Ryan but thats another story.

Picking players that are considered better during draft period and then turn out to be worse than the guy picked after them has no bearing on the Gms future.

One specific example is this, during the 2001 NFL Draft the Rams picked Damione Lewis, Adam Archulat and Ryan Pickett. The players that went after these picks is unreal to say the least. Marcus Stroud is picked right after Lewis, Nate Clements is picked right after Archulata and Kris Jenkins and Shuan Rogers are both picked after Pickett. Can you imagune had the moronic Rams gotten those 3 picks right? Marcus Stroud next to Kris Jenkins and then Nate Clements in the secondary? Thats called top 5 defense. But they ****** up to say the least and picked 3 guys who are no longer with the team.

In 2003 the Rams did it again by taking Jimmie Kennedy over Ty Warren who went right after him, so because a GM passes on a guy in the draft and that guy turns out to be better doesn't matter in terms of the GM, what does matter is that the GM picked a bust, regardless of who the player was. The busted picks are what do in the GMs. Instead Kennedy, if the Rams had taken Troy Polamalu then who cares that they passed on Warren, same as the 2001 draft. Its not that they picked a certainb player over another, its because that GM picked a bust. In 2001 if the Rams had taken Steve Hutchinson, Deuce McAllister or Reggie Wayne then who caresa that they passed on Stroud, Clements and Jenkins.

When a GM picks a bust then he's in trouble regardless of what position.

MarioPalmer
02-22-2009, 12:59 AM
Oh and by the way, Andre Smith is turning off GMs by doing this, and putting on this drama. He needs to be low key, and be a guy who comes in does his thing, destroy the competition like he was suposed to and go on his way, so far he hasn't done that. GMs take notice of waves being made, and right now all eyes are on him and he is getting unwanted attention. Attention that is bad, good attention or attention that that GMs, coaches and owners want are the kind of reaction that came after the Jake Long combine last year, or the Mario Williams combine. Those are the kind of headlines you want to put up. Not that you came in over weight, passed on working out, acting a fool to be totally honest and walk out on the NFL combine.

Smith needs a workout of a lifetime at his proday, do I think he puts up outstanding numbers, NO, not at all. I don't think he seperates himself much from the pack and if anything he only solidifies himself as a highly regarded ORT or talented OG. But OLT is becoming more of a fantasy to some of his fans instead of a reality.

jnew76
02-22-2009, 01:32 AM
While he has done an incredible job of screwing things up, it only takes one team to make him a top pick. Depending on workouts, I think he has a chance to do enough damage control to stay in the top 10... But it is an up hill battle.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
02-22-2009, 02:16 AM
I agree with many of the posters who don't believe Smith will have an exceptional pro day. I can't see him ripping up the forty or vertical jump, or the bench press for that matter.

If he puts up more than 22 reps, I'd be mildly shocked. The kid looks like he doesn't work too hard on his game once he's off the practice field, which will catch up to him in the pros.

When Andre Smith performs the shuttle and agility drills, I bet he'll confirm the athleticism people see on film. For all the critiques he's endured throughout the scouting process, he's got excellent lateral mobility and is extremely light on his feet for a man so enormous.

My biggest concern is that Smith views himself as an elite OT prospect, that is, a guy who can protect a QB's blind side. To my way of thinking, for Smith to truly fulfill that promise, he needs to view himself as a player who can still improve and become a stronger, much more consistent athlete.

Right now I have no question he can play RT or G at a very high level, however because of his lack of maturity he's at least a year away from being a steady contributer at LT in the NFL, from what I've seen so far.

I might be off there, I might not be. Still I'd want this kid on my team and take the calculated risk I could impress upon him the need to constantly hone and perfect his game in order to be successful at the pro level.

BTW, I hadn't heard until I read it in this thread that scouts had received bad reviews about Andre Smith from his position coaches. That's stunning to me that his coaches at Alabama would bad mouth him publicly to NFL teams, which is a bigger red flag than anything I've read so far.

When coaches are willing to tell scouts a player has flaws/issues, it means there were several incidents involving the player that never made it out of the locker room during the season.

I always thought it was a little odd Saban suspended Smith for contact with an agent before the Sugar Bowl. Saban has a reputation for running a clean program, but maybe it means Smith's latest transgression at the time was one of a long list of violations of team conduct policies.

Anyway, if I needed an OT and Jason Smith was already off the board, I'd roll the dice and still draft him very high.

cunningham06
02-22-2009, 02:33 AM
He'll dominate his pro-day especially the benchpress. He's a hell of a player and while he may lack the motivation to prepare for the combine I still think he is the best tackle in this draft.

Babylon
02-22-2009, 11:24 AM
While he has done an incredible job of screwing things up, it only takes one team to make him a top pick. Depending on workouts, I think he has a chance to do enough damage control to stay in the top 10... But it is an up hill battle.

Spot on there. We arent talking an epic fall to the 20s i think he's still a top 10 pick or thereabouts. Not too bright though what he's been doing. My guess is somewhere down the road we'll view him as an underachiever.

thebow305
02-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Spot on there. We arent talking an epic fall to the 20s i think he's still a top 10 pick or thereabouts. Not too bright though what he's been doing. My guess is somewhere down the road we'll view him as an underachiever.

I would say the same.

And yes, it does only take one team to make him a top pick. But that is why we have busts in the NFL. IMO he is going to have to WOW at his workouts now, because he has lost a ton this week and if it's true that teams are completely taking him off their draft board, then it is truly amazing how one day can change so much.

Sniper
02-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Go get in a fight or something, Andre, so you can drop to 21. I know you can do it.

Sniper
02-22-2009, 09:27 PM
He's dead to me after being kicked off the team

Right. He's dead to you because he missed a bowl game. Forget the fact that he was an All-American and was instrumental in Alabama's terrific season. :rolleyes:

thebow305
02-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Go get in a fight or something, Andre, so you can drop to 21. I know you can do it.

Haha, or 25...

Screw it, we don't need him, but that would still be pretty awesome!

I think he's a complete moron, but don't let that fool you. If he somehow dropped to 25, I'd be screaming like a little girl for the Tuna to take him.

It's kind of like if James Laurinaitis fell to the 7th round. I'd be his biggest fan then! Think about it, that guy would be the most awesomest Special Teamer of ALL TIME!!

drowe
02-23-2009, 10:35 AM
screw this guy.

Here is a guy that made a name for himself by quitting on his team before a bowl game because he couldn't wait another week to start working with his agent.

Then, he spends the next 2 months NOT working out.

And, to top it off, when he gets contact with NFL reps, he flakes out, pisses on the process and basically blows off the entire NFL combine.

This is just wrong on so many levels.
I think he comes off as an arrogant asshole that's delusional enough to think he can get by on talent alone. Despite the fact that he's 2 inches shorter and 25 pounds heavier than an ideal left tackle.
Just strikes me as a "me first" guy. too good for his college team. too good for the scouting combine.

too fat---Check.
too short---Check.
stupid---Check.
asshole---Check.

Year after year, we spend months watching prospects leading up to the NFL Draft, and year after year, we're shocked when a high pick busts in the NFL. Ya never see the signs that they don't have what it takes until it's too late.

Well....THESE ARE SIGNS. this guy is gonna be a a bust.

MetSox17
02-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Right. He's dead to you because he missed a bowl game. Forget the fact that he was an All-American and was instrumental in Alabama's terrific season. :rolleyes:

What good is he to the team if he was a big reason as to why his team lost their most meaningful game of the year?

Larry121283
02-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Someone is still going to get themselves a top notch football player, wherever he ends up.

I am shocked at how unprepared this kid has been in his attempt to make the jump to the next level.

Sniper
02-23-2009, 12:12 PM
What good is he to the team if he was a big reason as to why his team lost their most meaningful game of the year?

He wasn't. The most meaningful game of the year for Alabama was the SEC title game.

ndbigdave
02-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Do I think that Andre hurt his stock this weekend? Absolutely, there is no one here who will say he "stood pat" or "improved" this past weekend.

However, I do also feel that people are overstating how much this has hurt him - I still feel that as of right now and today, he would probably be the 3rd tackle drafted meaning he could go somewhere between 6 and 15. Is that a significant drop? Yes - but it isnt like he is loosing rounds because of this.

This was definitely a bad move and he has some major rebuilding to do, however I think he will be able to do that with his pro day and over the next 2 months with interviews and private workouts.

Honestly - as things were shaking out J. Smith had already over taken him and Monroe was already nipping at his heels (apparently passing Andre in the eyes of some scouts).

At the end of the day I think Andre is drafted in the top half of the first round and certainly has the potential to be an excellent LT with almost cant miss potential at RT and G.